8.4

1. Jul 31, 2013
    Why does this game have so many good reviews. This game isn't even really made by Turn 10. It's boring, repetitive. I was hoping for a realistic open world racer and that's not what I got.
  2. Nov 8, 2012
    Reminds me of Need For Speed Underground 2, i like that game, this one too. It would be nice if the makers of these games actually experienced the different racing diciplines rather than just making it up.
  3. Oct 30, 2012
    I was so excited when I saw the E3 announcement but like many other games, this one was disappointing, I only played the demo but that was enough to make me not want to pay more than $20 for the game. They made it all too easy, it feels like a beautiful Burnout Paradise rip-off. At least Paradise had fantastic crashes, this game feels like they almost scrapped the physics and turned itI was so excited when I saw the E3 announcement but like many other games, this one was disappointing, I only played the demo but that was enough to make me not want to pay more than $20 for the game. They made it all too easy, it feels like a beautiful Burnout Paradise rip-off. At least Paradise had fantastic crashes, this game feels like they almost scrapped the physics and turned it into a "no practice" game. I was just sad to see Motorsport turned into this! Don't get me wrong, It is a super fun game and I enjoy it but like many other sequels it was disappointing. Expand
  4. Oct 24, 2012
    I am not the biggest driving game guy, I have a car, it's fast, I'm good. But Horizon brings fun back to the genre like Burnout Paradise before it. We see a similar layout and gameplay as Forza 4, but the open world and character driven storyline help make this stand out amongst other driving games. A fun time and good game all in all,It doesn't seem to be as good looking as 4, however theI am not the biggest driving game guy, I have a car, it's fast, I'm good. But Horizon brings fun back to the genre like Burnout Paradise before it. We see a similar layout and gameplay as Forza 4, but the open world and character driven storyline help make this stand out amongst other driving games. A fun time and good game all in all,It doesn't seem to be as good looking as 4, however the new arcade style makes up for it in play. Hear my full review on the show, http://liquidgamer.podbean.com Expand
  5. Sep 5, 2014
    Forza Horizon is a fun open world racer using more realistic physics than it's competition. The soundtrack is first rate, and the car selection (compared to other racers of the type) is commendable as well. Also, Forza Horizon again packs loads of modifications into it's car builds. The game offers a nice variety of tracks and challenges that contribute to some pretty solid gameplayForza Horizon is a fun open world racer using more realistic physics than it's competition. The soundtrack is first rate, and the car selection (compared to other racers of the type) is commendable as well. Also, Forza Horizon again packs loads of modifications into it's car builds. The game offers a nice variety of tracks and challenges that contribute to some pretty solid gameplay time.
    All of this would make you think that Forza Horizon should be an 8 or a 9, and if you are unfamiliar with the Forza family of games you would be absolutely right.

I am not unfamiliar with Forza, I have played Forza 1-4, and this game is a 6 for me.
    1st-The story line is better than other Forza titles which have none, but is not an adequate story compared to other open world racers.
    2nd-If you are very familiar with Forza, than you will be disappointed by how few cars there are.
    3rd-If you have to play Forza games at max difficulty, this game will infuriate you. You will hit races where you have only one or two car options and neither will seem fast enough. You will smash your head against a table after your 30th attempt to complete a 2 minute race.
    4th-And finally, Turn 10 are crooks and dangle DLC cars in front of your nose constantly. Add to that Rally upgrades and races not available until you get the DLC. Add to that Tokens that you purchase with real money to get crap add-ons like fast travel anywhere and treasure maps. Couple this with the recent Forza 5 "Day of DLC" that cost almost as much as the game just to give you a proper amount of cars for a simulator and you have fairly conclusive evidence that Turn 10 makes games with as little content as they can get away with and then spend the rest of your gaming time trying to milk you for every dollar. (And breathe...)
    This game is a de-contented twist on an excellent franchise that seems doomed to drown in it's own greed. It is still a good game but it could have been great. Can the next racing simulator franchise please stand up.
  6. Oct 24, 2012
    Feels a bit like need for speed, but this game is overall still a good effort by microsoft to keep their exclusive franchises going on. This is another good game to add to my racing collection. Still not better than FM:4.
  7. Nov 3, 2012
    Don't get duped like I did. I love Forza because even on the lower difficulty settings with a controller it requires some amount of skill. You really have to pay attention to physics (for a non simulation game anyway). Horizon, however, takes a large step away from the realistic essence that the main entries into the Forza series provide. This is not to say that Horizon is a bad game, itDon't get duped like I did. I love Forza because even on the lower difficulty settings with a controller it requires some amount of skill. You really have to pay attention to physics (for a non simulation game anyway). Horizon, however, takes a large step away from the realistic essence that the main entries into the Forza series provide. This is not to say that Horizon is a bad game, it just shouldn't have the Forza name attached to it. The best way to describe the Horizon game in terms of Forza is to say Need For Speed: Carbon was really named Gran Turismo: Carbon. If you don't mind a seriously arcade-y feel to your Forza game, then by all means this game is for you. Bummed I didn't go for the remake of NFS: Most Wanted; it may be arcade style racing, but at least it doesn't present itself as anything else. Worth it for $20 or so though. Expand
  8. Dec 25, 2012
    As a huge fan of open world sandbox and racing simulations, I couldn't believe my eyes when I read what this game was. The realistic physics and simulation of Forza with the open world freedom I so dearly love? No way.
    The odd thing is, it isn't quite either. The world is about as immersive as a kiddie pool, and the physics seem far too forgiving when you screw up, even with all the assists off. While the latter is kind of nice during important races, I can't help but feel that it wouldn't be a problem in the first place if you were allowed to tune your cars. Yeah, they got rid of that. Couldn't tell you why, as that was half the fun of the game for serious players, but it's gone. The garage is also severely limited; many of your favorites from FM4 are dead and gone. Remember how many Dodges and Audis there were? All but 3 or 4 are gone, respectively. Yes, there will be DLC in the future but even with that, the variety will never stand up to the past. One last removal gripe is that there is seemingly no way to perform a drivetrain conversion. Any car you buy is stuck with its stock configuration, which is especially odd seeing as how you can still perform engine swaps and aspiration conversions.
    All of that said, Horizon is a lot of fun. I came expecting a realistic simulation in a rich open world, and got a watered down experience in a watered down world. Alone, this would be a disappointment, but for whatever reason this game just works. The story is just coherent enough to work, and you don't much care about it anyway as you keep winning races. Your garage is still very full of unique cars, and the paint setups are as open as ever. Despite some shortcomings, Horizon is a very fun game to play. Just don't take it too seriously.
  9. Apr 16, 2013
    Best racing game to date, also arguably the most realistic and the best looking. Perfect combination of cars, tuning and customization, location, story, events, realism and detail. Other developers should take notes.
  10. Aug 15, 2013
    Forza Horizion is a poor game for many reason's, The price of the DLC's for one, 4000 msp for the season is a rip off, the cars are all the same, there's not enough cars on the game, too short of a career mode. This game is not worth the money. stay away from it.
  11. Dec 28, 2014
    While visually very nice and I like the idea of the open world racing game, Forza Horizon never offered anything that would be fun or captivating, it all felt like a mindless racing around in some random races, until I just completely lost my interest. I would stick to NFS series for quality racing games as far as I'm concerned, recently played Most Wanted that handled the racingWhile visually very nice and I like the idea of the open world racing game, Forza Horizon never offered anything that would be fun or captivating, it all felt like a mindless racing around in some random races, until I just completely lost my interest. I would stick to NFS series for quality racing games as far as I'm concerned, recently played Most Wanted that handled the racing entertainment in the open world much better imo. 5/10 Expand
  12. Oct 5, 2014
    Forza Horizon 2 on the Xbox 360 is one of the biggest disappointments I've ever experienced, you see all the amazing new features and cars, then get onto the 360 and realise they're only for the Xbox One, there are bits of the map that are inaccessible, poor landscape graphics, cheesy starts to races with the arcade noises and missing cars that are unavailable on the 360. This made theForza Horizon 2 on the Xbox 360 is one of the biggest disappointments I've ever experienced, you see all the amazing new features and cars, then get onto the 360 and realise they're only for the Xbox One, there are bits of the map that are inaccessible, poor landscape graphics, cheesy starts to races with the arcade noises and missing cars that are unavailable on the 360. This made the game a huge disappointment for me, I couldn't wait to try out some of the amazing rally cars and drift around the docks and warehouses but you can't go there and it makes the game horrible. If that isn't enough, Turn 10 have put so little effort into the 360 version that you go online (which no longer contains online free roam unless it's private with friends) that people have already hacked the game to gain maximum level and credits. If you are going to get this game, don't get it on the xbox 360 Expand
  13. Nov 28, 2012
    What do you get when you take a bunch of Brits who worked on such game series like Project Gotham Racing,Colin Mcrae, DIRT, GRID, BLUR and others? You get a new British developer named Play Ground Games and a great game named Forza Horizon is what! I enjoyed previous Forza games but there was a lot that i didn't like about them...1.Driving round the same track for more than 3 laps boresWhat do you get when you take a bunch of Brits who worked on such game series like Project Gotham Racing,Colin Mcrae, DIRT, GRID, BLUR and others? You get a new British developer named Play Ground Games and a great game named Forza Horizon is what! I enjoyed previous Forza games but there was a lot that i didn't like about them...1.Driving round the same track for more than 3 laps bores me. 2.The backround graphics looked terrible,buildings and trees etc just looked poo! 3.The music in them was terrible. Forza Horizon ditches race tracks for a big open world set in Colorado US...now let me tell you...this game looks incredible, the backround graphics are much much better than previous Forzas and the whole game is not only one of the best graphical racing games, it's also one of the best graphical games out there on console.The closest thing to compare it to graphicaly is Criterion Games Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2010 which also looks amazing.The locations are very varied and similar too,from deserts to forests to cities to small towns.The new day/night lighting cycle is very impressive,suns sets and rises with bursts of light from behind snowy mountains and through trees,as flocks of birds take to the skys and Autumn leaves gently fall from the trees,while the Horizon festival lights up the sky with lots of lights lasers and fireworks,it all looks impressive. There are around 140 cars on offer with many more to download, graphically the cars are all great but a mixed bunch, what i mean by this is some of the cars (The main big boys like the Ferrari 458 Italia etc) look just like in Forza 4, while others are around 85-95% as good looking as Forza 4's. Think of the cars in Need For Speed The Run and Forza 4...well their inbetween the 2, better looking than The Runs but not quite as good as Forza 4's...so the cars look great and the change doesnt stick out like a sore thumb at all,the whole thing blends real well.The traffic on the road looks very good just like it did in Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2010,lots of real world traffic cars,vans and lorrys driving around the open world.Selecting cars in the show room look 90 to 95% as good as Forza 4, but the new lighting system looks better with light reflecting off the cars and even the lighting rigs on the shoowroom roof reflecting in the windscreen etc. Theres an overwhelming ammount to do in Forza Horizon, lots of varied events and things to do from racing on and off road,racing planes,hot air balloons,sprint races,track races,street races and more.Also every now and again 'Barn finds' will be announced over one of the radio stations, basically you have to find a barns that have old run down cars in them so an old guy can fix them up for you to keep or sell.Handling is very much like Forza 4 with just a dashing of Race Driver GRID in there + you get to select different modes like Simulator,assisted or customize your own just like in Forza 4, its all there the same as simulator upgrades takn straight from Forza 4, add turbos,suspension,body kits,decals,change the paint,wheels,everything from Forza 4 is in here to keep the simulator fans happy. There are many different road surfaces on and off road and all of them feel different and a pleaure to drive on. The music is much better than previous Forza games, this time the famous British Electro duo Chase & Status have put together over 60 different artists across 3 stations. Lots of house,dance,electro,dub step,drum and base which all the Europeans will love, It also has a diverse selection of Rock and lots of remixes of of indie festival favorites. The radio is alos alive with different radio DJ's talking about random funny stuff and giving you updates on all kinds of things from barn finds,to latest racing news,whos cool and whos not,whos challenging and inviting who to events and talk about random celebrities at the Horizon festival, so the radio stations feel alive the whole time and never get boring.For fans of the cheesie stories and high end custcenes in the Need For Speed Undergound and Most Wanted 2005 series, you will love Horizon as it has all these and a story to it,hot girls,other racers challenging you an smack talkin,weird an wonderfull celebrities,old wise men who fix up your cars while offering you advice and educating you a bit on the classic barn find cars, theres plenty of all that in Horizon and its all done well and looks great. Neat little touches where men and hot girls stand in the middle of the road with flares to start some street races or neon flares shooting up in the sky to start a race before landing in the middle of the road and fizzling out,and fireworks and conffetti as you cross the finish line. I think its the best Forza in the series as i love open world racers (and no im not a kid! Ive noticed simulator fans saying that Horizon is for kids,im 30),add that to its amazing graphics,great music and overwhelming content and you have one of the best racing games ever made. Collapse

1. Feb 28, 2013
    Forza Horizon is not simply a great racing game; it’s a great game in general. From the handling to the visuals and sound, from the tweaking to the reward system, Horizon has everything it needs to be an enjoyable time. It may lack the challenge and depth that fans of the core Forza series know and love but if you’ve admired the Forza Motorsport games from a distance (like me) then do yourself a favor and play this amazing game.
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Nov 30, 2012
    Valiant and almost flawless effort to bring more arcade elements into the serious Forza games offers more than any other competition. [Dec 2012]
  3. Nov 20, 2012
    Like a real party Forza Horizon can entertain you for hours. The game offers variation in both the singleplayer and multiplayer modes and looks fantastic. The soundtrack just completes it. Despite a few flaws the franchise took a turn that proves to be good for newcomers, but also great for the fanbase. You can't miss out on this party.