8.4

1. Dec 25, 2012
    As a huge fan of open world sandbox and racing simulations, I couldn't believe my eyes when I read what this game was. The realistic physics and simulation of Forza with the open world freedom I so dearly love? No way.
    The odd thing is, it isn't quite either. The world is about as immersive as a kiddie pool, and the physics seem far too forgiving when you screw up, even with all the assists off. While the latter is kind of nice during important races, I can't help but feel that it wouldn't be a problem in the first place if you were allowed to tune your cars. Yeah, they got rid of that. Couldn't tell you why, as that was half the fun of the game for serious players, but it's gone. The garage is also severely limited; many of your favorites from FM4 are dead and gone. Remember how many Dodges and Audis there were? All but 3 or 4 are gone, respectively. Yes, there will be DLC in the future but even with that, the variety will never stand up to the past. One last removal gripe is that there is seemingly no way to perform a drivetrain conversion. Any car you buy is stuck with its stock configuration, which is especially odd seeing as how you can still perform engine swaps and aspiration conversions.
    All of that said, Horizon is a lot of fun. I came expecting a realistic simulation in a rich open world, and got a watered down experience in a watered down world. Alone, this would be a disappointment, but for whatever reason this game just works. The story is just coherent enough to work, and you don't much care about it anyway as you keep winning races. Your garage is still very full of unique cars, and the paint setups are as open as ever. Despite some shortcomings, Horizon is a very fun game to play. Just don't take it too seriously.
  2. Oct 24, 2012
    I am not the biggest driving game guy, I have a car, it's fast, I'm good. But Horizon brings fun back to the genre like Burnout Paradise before it. We see a similar layout and gameplay as Forza 4, but the open world and character driven storyline help make this stand out amongst other driving games. A fun time and good game all in all,It doesn't seem to be as good looking as 4, however theI am not the biggest driving game guy, I have a car, it's fast, I'm good. But Horizon brings fun back to the genre like Burnout Paradise before it. We see a similar layout and gameplay as Forza 4, but the open world and character driven storyline help make this stand out amongst other driving games. A fun time and good game all in all,It doesn't seem to be as good looking as 4, however the new arcade style makes up for it in play. Hear my full review on the show, http://liquidgamer.podbean.com Expand
  3. Oct 24, 2012
    Feels a bit like need for speed, but this game is overall still a good effort by microsoft to keep their exclusive franchises going on. This is another good game to add to my racing collection. Still not better than FM:4.
  4. Oct 30, 2012
    I was so excited when I saw the E3 announcement but like many other games, this one was disappointing, I only played the demo but that was enough to make me not want to pay more than $20 for the game. They made it all too easy, it feels like a beautiful Burnout Paradise rip-off. At least Paradise had fantastic crashes, this game feels like they almost scrapped the physics and turned itI was so excited when I saw the E3 announcement but like many other games, this one was disappointing, I only played the demo but that was enough to make me not want to pay more than $20 for the game. They made it all too easy, it feels like a beautiful Burnout Paradise rip-off. At least Paradise had fantastic crashes, this game feels like they almost scrapped the physics and turned it into a "no practice" game. I was just sad to see Motorsport turned into this! Don't get me wrong, It is a super fun game and I enjoy it but like many other sequels it was disappointing. Expand
  5. Nov 3, 2012
    Don't get duped like I did. I love Forza because even on the lower difficulty settings with a controller it requires some amount of skill. You really have to pay attention to physics (for a non simulation game anyway). Horizon, however, takes a large step away from the realistic essence that the main entries into the Forza series provide. This is not to say that Horizon is a bad game, itDon't get duped like I did. I love Forza because even on the lower difficulty settings with a controller it requires some amount of skill. You really have to pay attention to physics (for a non simulation game anyway). Horizon, however, takes a large step away from the realistic essence that the main entries into the Forza series provide. This is not to say that Horizon is a bad game, it just shouldn't have the Forza name attached to it. The best way to describe the Horizon game in terms of Forza is to say Need For Speed: Carbon was really named Gran Turismo: Carbon. If you don't mind a seriously arcade-y feel to your Forza game, then by all means this game is for you. Bummed I didn't go for the remake of NFS: Most Wanted; it may be arcade style racing, but at least it doesn't present itself as anything else. Worth it for $20 or so though. Expand
  6. Nov 8, 2012
    Reminds me of Need For Speed Underground 2, i like that game, this one too. It would be nice if the makers of these games actually experienced the different racing diciplines rather than just making it up.
  7. Jul 31, 2013
    Why does this game have so many good reviews. This game isn't even really made by Turn 10. It's boring, repetitive. I was hoping for a realistic open world racer and that's not what I got.
  8. Sep 5, 2014
    Forza Horizon is a fun open world racer using more realistic physics than it's competition. The soundtrack is first rate, and the car selection (compared to other racers of the type) is commendable as well. Also, Forza Horizon again packs loads of modifications into it's car builds. The game offers a nice variety of tracks and challenges that contribute to some pretty solid gameplayForza Horizon is a fun open world racer using more realistic physics than it's competition. The soundtrack is first rate, and the car selection (compared to other racers of the type) is commendable as well. Also, Forza Horizon again packs loads of modifications into it's car builds. The game offers a nice variety of tracks and challenges that contribute to some pretty solid gameplay time.
    All of this would make you think that Forza Horizon should be an 8 or a 9, and if you are unfamiliar with the Forza family of games you would be absolutely right.

I am not unfamiliar with Forza, I have played Forza 1-4, and this game is a 6 for me.
    1st-The story line is better than other Forza titles which have none, but is not an adequate story compared to other open world racers.
    2nd-If you are very familiar with Forza, than you will be disappointed by how few cars there are.
    3rd-If you have to play Forza games at max difficulty, this game will infuriate you. You will hit races where you have only one or two car options and neither will seem fast enough. You will smash your head against a table after your 30th attempt to complete a 2 minute race.
    4th-And finally, Turn 10 are crooks and dangle DLC cars in front of your nose constantly. Add to that Rally upgrades and races not available until you get the DLC. Add to that Tokens that you purchase with real money to get crap add-ons like fast travel anywhere and treasure maps. Couple this with the recent Forza 5 "Day of DLC" that cost almost as much as the game just to give you a proper amount of cars for a simulator and you have fairly conclusive evidence that Turn 10 makes games with as little content as they can get away with and then spend the rest of your gaming time trying to milk you for every dollar. (And breathe...)
    This game is a de-contented twist on an excellent franchise that seems doomed to drown in it's own greed. It is still a good game but it could have been great. Can the next racing simulator franchise please stand up.
  9. Apr 16, 2013
    Best racing game to date, also arguably the most realistic and the best looking. Perfect combination of cars, tuning and customization, location, story, events, realism and detail. Other developers should take notes.
  10. Aug 15, 2013
    Forza Horizion is a poor game for many reason's, The price of the DLC's for one, 4000 msp for the season is a rip off, the cars are all the same, there's not enough cars on the game, too short of a career mode. This game is not worth the money. stay away from it.
  11. Dec 28, 2014
    While visually very nice and I like the idea of the open world racing game, Forza Horizon never offered anything that would be fun or captivating, it all felt like a mindless racing around in some random races, until I just completely lost my interest. I would stick to NFS series for quality racing games as far as I'm concerned, recently played Most Wanted that handled the racingWhile visually very nice and I like the idea of the open world racing game, Forza Horizon never offered anything that would be fun or captivating, it all felt like a mindless racing around in some random races, until I just completely lost my interest. I would stick to NFS series for quality racing games as far as I'm concerned, recently played Most Wanted that handled the racing entertainment in the open world much better imo. 5/10 Expand
  12. Oct 5, 2014
    Forza Horizon 2 on the Xbox 360 is one of the biggest disappointments I've ever experienced, you see all the amazing new features and cars, then get onto the 360 and realise they're only for the Xbox One, there are bits of the map that are inaccessible, poor landscape graphics, cheesy starts to races with the arcade noises and missing cars that are unavailable on the 360. This made theForza Horizon 2 on the Xbox 360 is one of the biggest disappointments I've ever experienced, you see all the amazing new features and cars, then get onto the 360 and realise they're only for the Xbox One, there are bits of the map that are inaccessible, poor landscape graphics, cheesy starts to races with the arcade noises and missing cars that are unavailable on the 360. This made the game a huge disappointment for me, I couldn't wait to try out some of the amazing rally cars and drift around the docks and warehouses but you can't go there and it makes the game horrible. If that isn't enough, Turn 10 have put so little effort into the 360 version that you go online (which no longer contains online free roam unless it's private with friends) that people have already hacked the game to gain maximum level and credits. If you are going to get this game, don't get it on the xbox 360 Expand
  13. Oct 28, 2012
    I'm very much enjoying this game! Comparing it to Forza 4 (seems the right thing to do), this wins in almost every way. Better graphics, better presentation, better progression - but with the same fantastic handling model backing it up! Dropping the progression system of Forza 4 works very much in this game's favour. Now, instead of navigating menus and selecting from various race andI'm very much enjoying this game! Comparing it to Forza 4 (seems the right thing to do), this wins in almost every way. Better graphics, better presentation, better progression - but with the same fantastic handling model backing it up! Dropping the progression system of Forza 4 works very much in this game's favour. Now, instead of navigating menus and selecting from various race and series types, you simply set your GPS to an event that is open, and drive to it. Wonderful fun, with the great physics that Forza has built over the years. If you can't be bothered to drive (it can take a few minutes to cross the map) you can open up way points as you travel, which can be teleported to (at a cost) from wherever you are. The presentation has moved away from serious racing sim territory, and into a camp that is very much Need for Speed's domain. Except Forza manages to pull it off (almost) without being too crass. The game opens up with you racing towards "Horizon", with only 10 spaces remaining to be included in the events. Of course, you just make it... and so begins your journey as the noobie of Horizon. Whilst driving about between events, you will be told of "barn finds" and given a general area to search. Some very cool old cars come out of this once you find them. You also find speed traps, and it is up to you to get the fastest speed through them - when you pass one, it records your speed, and compares it to your personal best AND the best speed of all your friends, encouraging a nice competition especially when a message flashes up saying "blahblah has beaten your speed camera record". Another exciting addition is the ability to play against ghosts of other players' best times on any course once you complete it. It could be someone on your friends list, or a complete stranger, but it's a lot of fun trying to best another's times in such a way (and it still allows you to do so with a Silver account, which is nice). I picked up the Wireless "speed wheel" today, after a couple of days of playing with a pad, and am pleased to confirm the wheel works wonderfully! When I'm trying to get a best time, or fastest speed through a speed camera, I will default to my pad, but for more casual races, the wheels is awesome, the game just works with it.

All in all this is a fantastic game, and whilst watered down in some respects, it is better for it. It's been billed as a spin off, and it certainly fills the gap until another "proper" Forza comes along.

1. Feb 28, 2013
    Forza Horizon is not simply a great racing game; it’s a great game in general. From the handling to the visuals and sound, from the tweaking to the reward system, Horizon has everything it needs to be an enjoyable time. It may lack the challenge and depth that fans of the core Forza series know and love but if you’ve admired the Forza Motorsport games from a distance (like me) then do yourself a favor and play this amazing game.
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Nov 30, 2012
    Valiant and almost flawless effort to bring more arcade elements into the serious Forza games offers more than any other competition. [Dec 2012]
  3. Nov 20, 2012
    Like a real party Forza Horizon can entertain you for hours. The game offers variation in both the singleplayer and multiplayer modes and looks fantastic. The soundtrack just completes it. Despite a few flaws the franchise took a turn that proves to be good for newcomers, but also great for the fanbase. You can't miss out on this party.