8.2

1. Oct 26, 2012
    Forza is getting real
    Forza Motorsport is about cars, racing and is serious
    This, is about cars, musics, driver and fun! If you want a game that you can spend a long time on and have fun. This is the deal. One thing to point out is that, I hate people judging the game on rather if there are DLC or not. At last, I will give this game a solid 10. I now have to get some rest after
    Forza is getting real
    Forza Motorsport is about cars, racing and is serious
    This, is about cars, musics, driver and fun!
    If you want a game that you can spend a long time on and have fun.
    This is the deal.
    At last, I will give this game a solid 10.
    I now have to get some rest after playing this non-stop for five hours...
  2. Oct 30, 2012
    A NICE DAY OFF WORK!
    My title of the review says it all. People should take Forza Horizon for what its ment to be... FUN!
    A NICE DAY OFF WORK!
    It really is like a nice day off work, after a hard shift at (WORK) on Forza 4, between trying to knock 100th of a second off a lap time, or changing a setup on a car because the rebound on your rear suspension is too stiff, that coupled with the attack setting on the rear diff, its nice to play a racing game and not have to think too much or too hard and just relax. Forza Horizon (THE DAY OFF WORK) does just that....
    Fair enough some people might think the career is easy, turn the setting to insane and all driver aids off, see how easy it is now.
    People say "Its too arcadey"... it aint meant to be a like for like simulation. If it was it would just be Forza 4.5 or 5.
    People say its a "Dirt Clone" or a "Burnout Clone", does that not make every "Non simulation racing" game a clone of something? Or games in general just clones of something.
    Its rewarding, easy enough to get the hang of, but difficult to master. And most of all its gorgeously good looking fun to play, solo or online.
    My only stipulation is the music is abit chedder'ish. In saying that none of the music i would listen to anyway, but for all intents and purposes, it provides atmosphere and energy to an already high energy game.
    If you love cars, driving them fast, the idea of doing a 10 mile sprint down a motorway/highway in a Ferrari F50 or something similar or not as the case may be, the Forza Brand, but want a little something something like Forza 4 that doesnt take itself too serious. Forza Horizon could be the very thing for you.
    It aint perfect, nothing is, but for all the charm and fun to be seen and had, you'll forget about that and just enjoy the ride!
  3. Oct 23, 2012
    I have stopped playing Forza since part 2 since I wasn't a fan of so racers, but this game is awesome!!! I have been waiting for a racing game to top midnight club "
    Los Angelas and this is the game to do it. Great graphics fun races and the cars they chose are top notch. I played some multoplay and it is your normal racing mp with some extra fu. Things added to it. If you are looking for a racing game with upgrades and none of the crazy car settings then this is your game
  4. Oct 28, 2012
    I'm very much enjoying this game! Comparing it to Forza 4 (seems the right thing to do), this wins in almost every way. Better graphics, better presentation, better progression - but with the same fantastic handling model backing it up! Dropping the progression system of Forza 4 works very much in this game's favour. Now, instead of navigating menus and selecting from various race andI'm very much enjoying this game! Comparing it to Forza 4 (seems the right thing to do), this wins in almost every way. Better graphics, better presentation, better progression - but with the same fantastic handling model backing it up! Dropping the progression system of Forza 4 works very much in this game's favour. Now, instead of navigating menus and selecting from various race and series types, you simply set your GPS to an event that is open, and drive to it. Wonderful fun, with the great physics that Forza has built over the years. If you can't be bothered to drive (it can take a few minutes to cross the map) you can open up way points as you travel, which can be teleported to (at a cost) from wherever you are. The presentation has moved away from serious racing sim territory, and into a camp that is very much Need for Speed's domain. Except Forza manages to pull it off (almost) without being too crass. The game opens up with you racing towards "Horizon", with only 10 spaces remaining to be included in the events. Of course, you just make it... and so begins your journey as the noobie of Horizon. Whilst driving about between events, you will be told of "barn finds" and given a general area to search. Some very cool old cars come out of this once you find them. You also find speed traps, and it is up to you to get the fastest speed through them - when you pass one, it records your speed, and compares it to your personal best AND the best speed of all your friends, encouraging a nice competition especially when a message flashes up saying "blahblah has beaten your speed camera record". Another exciting addition is the ability to play against ghosts of other players' best times on any course once you complete it. It could be someone on your friends list, or a complete stranger, but it's a lot of fun trying to best another's times in such a way (and it still allows you to do so with a Silver account, which is nice). I picked up the Wireless "speed wheel" today, after a couple of days of playing with a pad, and am pleased to confirm the wheel works wonderfully! When I'm trying to get a best time, or fastest speed through a speed camera, I will default to my pad, but for more casual races, the wheels is awesome, the game just works with it.

All in all this is a fantastic game, and whilst watered down in some respects, it is better for it. It's been billed as a spin off, and it certainly fills the gap until another "proper" Forza comes along.
  5. Nov 2, 2012
    Excelente juego, mucho mejor que el NFS MW criterion, eventos decabellados, autos detallados, buenos graficos, excelentes rivales etc Microsoft demostro que puede trascender su franquicia de una serie monotona a una mas emocionante de carreras callejeras
  6. Dec 1, 2012
    Loved this game. Can be as sim or arcady as you like - my preference is somewhere between. Also plays great with the wireless steering wheel. Gorgeous graphics, fantastic cars and scenery, races and progression are expertly set up - only bummer are the endless taunts you have to suffer from the game's characters before each race. Otherwise, my favourite racing game on console. A+!!!
  7. Jan 2, 2013
    EXCELLENT music, relaxed/less strict cornering, great points/XP to be earned at EVERY corner, overall a GREAT game. I have been playing Forza since Forza 2, and I know and love the simulation driving that it brings. With Horizon, there is a huge difference from the rest of the series, but even with my love of simulations driving/racing games, they have still done it justice. Yes it may beEXCELLENT music, relaxed/less strict cornering, great points/XP to be earned at EVERY corner, overall a GREAT game. I have been playing Forza since Forza 2, and I know and love the simulation driving that it brings. With Horizon, there is a huge difference from the rest of the series, but even with my love of simulations driving/racing games, they have still done it justice. Yes it may be simpler, and less strict, but the driving challenge is still customizable with all the assists and everything, so I do not see others complaints. I play with a +70% Credit bonus with most assists off, and high difficulty, so the only other gripes I see is maybe the new "shortcuts" as in the NFS series, where the best line might not help you, and may hinder, but the drifting is much improved, there is traffic to avoid on the road, and there is still the great, critically acclaimed physics engine behind it all. It IS still Forza, street style, done right. The entire experience of the Horizon in game festival brings joy to my heart every time I drive main area. They have done a great job at immersing you into the experience, and that is a crucial point I look for. I will say, however, that I am a huge hater of DLC, especially the DLC that is ready at launch, but my copy came with the rally expansion pack for free(Thank you Amazon), and the rest of the DLC cars are minimal in price, and worth every penny. I am new to the XBox racing game, as I have been strictly a PC gamer, but oh my god, why did I not join sooner!? The entire Forza series is a wonder, a brilliant wonder, and I miss not being current with the rest of the series. Anyways, even if you are a hardcore Forza simulation guru and fanatic, do not shy away from this game, as it still offers the same great Forza experience, just keep in mind this version is not the track variety, and instead is based on street racing. Only the tracks really suffer, tbh. Overall, I definitely recommend this game to casual racer fans and simulation gamers alike. Expand
  8. Jan 3, 2013
    it's very good many new things great songs why not buy it nice cars nice places to race the game looks awesome it's a free rom if you love free rom racing games you will want to get this game (
  9. Jan 15, 2013
    I recall seeing rumors for this game popping up in the Forza 4 thread and instantly despising it once I saw the trailer. Being a fan of racing games, dumping many hours in Forza 3 and 4, and also a huge fan of EDM, it was like seeing them perverted and slapped together in some BS off year game. While I still hold strong on my position of the whole EDM center to the game, it held up on theI recall seeing rumors for this game popping up in the Forza 4 thread and instantly despising it once I saw the trailer. Being a fan of racing games, dumping many hours in Forza 3 and 4, and also a huge fan of EDM, it was like seeing them perverted and slapped together in some BS off year game. While I still hold strong on my position of the whole EDM center to the game, it held up on the racing side. If seeing a racer look so damn beautiful and remind me what it is like to drive a nice car through a beautiful part of the world wasn't enough, the gameplay was really fun. It held up extremely well to what I would expect from a Forza series and in some cases went beyond my expectations in providing something that a more "arcady" racer wouldn't necessarily require to please most of its fans. My favorite parts of the game were the point to point races that felt more like a reality than something like a circuit race. Being able to fly at 120mph on the edge of the cliff with the orange faces of Colorado's natural formations surrounding me or blazing down desert highways dodging commuter traffic at absurd speeds were really the staples of this game; these were the moments that kept me wanting more. There were definitely dull moments and a lot of the story, if you want to call it that, was exactly the same as NFS: Pro Street. I think the most surprising part for me was how much side stuff there was to do. When I first started playing I was annoyed by how far apart the races were and thinking about how much time I was going to spend over the course of the game driving in between events versus just choosing an event off a grid in Forza 4. Luckily the game soon unveils that you actually have an amazing amount of other stuff to do to pass the time and make those trips more fun. I equate it to interactive loading screens. Some of the downsides for me included not being able to swap my free roam car with ease or not being able to tune/upgrade without visiting the garage in the center of the map. I often found myself driving the same car in between events for each act of the game. So, I am pleased to say that Forza Horizon was the first game I completed in 2013, and if you are the kind of person who enjoys racing games (especially ones that are BEAUTIFUL), arcade or sim, this is absolutely worth dropping time into. Expand
  10. Oct 30, 2012
    Best car racing game since forza 4 , but in a very different way , more arcade, really beautiful game , hours of play, bad point is the multiplayer , no real free roaming with traffic for the moment
  11. Nov 1, 2012
    Absolutely amazing game. Everything made with top quality. Probably best racing game on current gen. Great colorful graphics, very stable performance and perfect physics. And stunning soundtrack.
  12. Nov 3, 2012
    Just played this game, very beautiful, very engaging, perfect usability design, excellent choice of music of various genres, love it! Lighting and overall presentation is gorgeous! Very fun to play, thanks for making this game M.S. you made my weeknights and weekends!
  13. Nov 6, 2012
    A release which surprised me. Arrived in silence, with little information, and able to create the atmosphere in the campaign as NFS and TDU never succeeded!
    Certainly one of the best racing games for console.
  14. Nov 13, 2012
    Best game ever made on one level with Criterion and Rockstar, real next-gen graphics and very detalied world in all moments, from cutscenes to track objects. Best soundtrack EVER inludes #1 hits from bands: Arctic Monkeys, Dizzie Rescal ft. DJ Fresh, Benny Benassi, Santigold and classics 80-90s New Order/The Stone Roses.
  15. Nov 28, 2012
    Since i picked this game up i cant put it down! Looks AMAZIN,alot better lookin than Forza 3 and 4, lots to see an do with simulator handlin and sim upgrades,decals,paint,wheels,turbos,suspension, everything from Forza 4 has been carried over, best open world racer and one of the best racing games ever!
  16. Dec 19, 2012
    Wow! This sums up my experience with this game. Ive been playing forza series since forza3 and i was skeptical about this title at first. I actually enjoyed racing with the previous forza titles on tracks where corners and apex of every turn is hilighted. Horizon gives forza a more freeflow feel, i turned off the racing line completely because this game doesnt penalize u for takingWow! This sums up my experience with this game. Ive been playing forza series since forza3 and i was skeptical about this title at first. I actually enjoyed racing with the previous forza titles on tracks where corners and apex of every turn is hilighted. Horizon gives forza a more freeflow feel, i turned off the racing line completely because this game doesnt penalize u for taking shortcuts or cutting corners. Its just so much fun. A tip to put more fun and make it more challenging especially for forza vets is to turn off assist and switch to manual transmission. Assisst sometimes mess up your driving and make u slower. Having full control of your car with forza physics in an open beautiful world is just awesome. Get this game. Note that is one of the few games in metacritic with a user score approximating the critic score. Much respect to the dev. Expand
  17. Jan 28, 2013
    The game is so much cool 150 cars a smalest collection comparing with fm4 and its dont have the co op multiplayer but this game is really fantastic the graphics are so beautiful and the story is so perfect and the multiplayer was the same as fm4 but its so nice
  18. Mar 18, 2013
    This game is awesome, they introcued a new side series for Free-Roam in which made users travel around the city beating Racers on the Road to earn cash and also beat the Speed Cams. A amazing game this is.
  19. Sep 6, 2013
    Keep doing what you do best, as this shows clearly fine art. I have played this game since day 1, and I love it. A few minor details that have room for improvement even though the bar has been set so high because of this game.
    PROS: Beautiful scenic drives in different locations, real time traffic, great camera views, and good selection of cars
    CONS: Sound! Huge deal for me especially on
    CONS: Sound! Huge deal for me especially on 5.1/7.1 dolby, needs more depth, more projection from engine noise such as when your doing 120 mph through a section of buildings or even full throttle in a 500-1000 hp vehicle it would be extremely loud, sound waves bouncing off every object, and tons of commotion to where you cant think straight with a pair of Sennheisser or Turtle Beach PX51 headphones.
    Also more car selection like the older cars from previous games such as mazda 787b.
  20. Jan 3, 2014
    This game is awesome just awesome the best graphics ever and the cars are so life like it is insane. But finding the barn finds is pretty hard I think.
  21. Feb 17, 2014
    best game i've ever played on my xbox 360 so realistic, when you've got xbox live you can get 193 cars and the most legany car on the planet is in the offline gameplay. lots of dlc cars to download and car packs ect, rally pack witch is deffantly worth the £13.67 you get 5 diffrent cars to start off with and lots of different parts for when making a rally car. GET IT
  22. Mar 21, 2015
    Personally, I dislike Gran Turismo (Specifically GT5 (Not to be confused with GTA5)) and have always preferred arcade racers (Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit, Burnout Paradise etc.), so when I went into Forza Horizon, boy was I surprised.

Pros: The setting of Forza Horizon is stunning and unique. No other game (aside from Horizon 2) has the same fantastic atmosphere of being in a racing

Pros:
    The setting of Forza Horizon is stunning and unique. No other game (aside from Horizon 2) has the same fantastic atmosphere of being in a racing festival. The feeling is gratifying and atmospheric.
    Along with the great atmosphere, the visuals are also fantastic to look at. Not quite up to Halo 4's standard, but lighting is great and environments look very good.
    The actual driving is very nice. Much better than Gran Turismo. The controls are very nice, the scheme actually makes sense and difficulty is generally balanced, even though you can change it.
    Sound design, unlike Gran Turismo, is great! The right cars have the right amount of auditory aggression to them and its great!
    There are lots of things to do at Horizon, from races to PR stunts to RACING HELICOPTERS AND PLANES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is a lot of variety to the game and you will not run out of races to do.
    There are lots of cars to buy and choose from. Not too sure how many there are, but there is a good variety of car brands and racing purists will spend ages looking through them.
    The online modes are actually very surprisingly good. They are generally fun and you can get into some games, despite many people not playing the game anymore. (Possibly because of Horizon 2 being out).

Nitpick:
    Personally, the music is not to my taste and just reminds me what this world has come to. It doesn't affect the game though.

In conclusion. Forza Horizon is a fantastic game and is on par with Halo 4 as my 2012 Game of the Year! Darn, Microsoft did well for me in 2012 :D

23. Oct 26, 2014
    A really fun game with AMAZING graphics. It has great colour to it, and the shining sun looks ever so beautiful shining on the cars. The multiplayer is great fun, and I mean GREAT.
  24. Dec 24, 2014
    I just came back to this game after tossing out its disappointing sequel (360 version) and was reminded of what an excellent game it is. The selection of cars, setting, music, graphics, driving physics are all brilliant and that is no exaggeration. It is without a doubt the most fun racing game I have played on the Xbox 360, and probably the best I've ever played on any console.
  25. Feb 18, 2015
    Very fun game!! Last year I had bought a new Xbox 360 and this was included inside the box in code form to download. I Normally don't enjoy racing games that much but I decided to give this one a try and it was AMAZING! Easy achievements I done quite a bit of races mostly the ones to unlock the wristbands I finally got the Golden wristband and the 1st place in game driver rank to get theVery fun game!! Last year I had bought a new Xbox 360 and this was included inside the box in code form to download. I Normally don't enjoy racing games that much but I decided to give this one a try and it was AMAZING! Easy achievements I done quite a bit of races mostly the ones to unlock the wristbands I finally got the Golden wristband and the 1st place in game driver rank to get the achievement it's pretty easy just drifting and going high speeds but it sucks when you crash just a little bit you don't get the points haha overall GREAT GAME Would totally purchase the second one as I seen it came out for Xbox 360! I'm glad they released the 2nd one for 360! I shall purchase it soon as this one was SUPERB! VERY FUN they could of put more music into it as the music can get a little repetitive but overall GREAT GAME great car list and car upgrades! Expand
  26. Nov 6, 2012
    A breath of fresh air for the series and one that should appeal to fans old and new, Forza Horizon may have toned down on the realism but the open world environment and host of quirky ideas more than make up for any discrepancies. This is a racing game that has plenty under the hood, and leaves you wanting one more shot at racing glory.
  27. Jan 6, 2013
    Forza was getting stale. Circuit based racing that has been done to death in the franchise full of exotic exports and authentic driving experiences. The restrictions were too tight it seems, as Playground Games have stripped out all the senses of confinement and given us a stunning naturalistic landscape to race around in. Red rocking canyons, long stretches of road and valleys tearingForza was getting stale. Circuit based racing that has been done to death in the franchise full of exotic exports and authentic driving experiences. The restrictions were too tight it seems, as Playground Games have stripped out all the senses of confinement and given us a stunning naturalistic landscape to race around in. Red rocking canyons, long stretches of road and valleys tearing through the countryside with mountains gleaning in the backgrounds. The lack of changing weather systems and varied terrain are slight dents in the bodywork, but bringing Forza to the open world is a successful experiment that is due to a repeat trip. Expand
  28. Oct 28, 2012
    Forza Horizon does feel a bit like NFS (it did remind me Underground 2 actually). The game is pretty solid. I only experienced the single player mode, fully cleared it in 14 hours of gameplay and well I had fun from the first minute to the last.

The "plot" is something we all seen already (noob driver with no car & cash climbing the popularity ladder and eventually becoming the champion). Races are fun and the variety of car/challenge makes you never bored. I really loved the OST (Nero, Mord Fustang, etc.)

The "grind" isn't endless and you can see straight after couple hours than the end isn't far. I don't really like playing racing game where grinding EXP/cash/championships take months. At least here you see the end of the tunnel, and that's what kept me motivated to clear the game.

A solid 9/10.
  29. Oct 25, 2012
    Even if this game was only Forza Motorsport set on the open road, this would have been a success. The game is much more than that. It is a fun experience in its own right and a welcome first entry into what hopefully becomes a new franchise.
  30. Nov 4, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great addition to the pile of racing games on the 360. Addictive is the word that comes to mind. Take the good bits from other games, add them together but give them a slightly different overall spin and you have one awesome game. I can only compare it to Most Wanted 2012 since their release is so close. Well the user scores here tell the story. Great graphics in Horizon compared to MW. Both games need more character in the AI people you race against but at least in Horizon there is some character there. Only one game says play me and that is even after all achievements earnt and that is Horizon. It is now my view that Forza is the name on the top 2 racing franchises - NFS and Burnout beaten at first attempt and I say again look at the user scores for confirmation of this. This is an awesome game with an awesome list of cars and awesome rivals mode. Expand

1. Feb 28, 2013
    Forza Horizon is not simply a great racing game; it’s a great game in general. From the handling to the visuals and sound, from the tweaking to the reward system, Horizon has everything it needs to be an enjoyable time. It may lack the challenge and depth that fans of the core Forza series know and love but if you’ve admired the Forza Motorsport games from a distance (like me) then do yourself a favor and play this amazing game.
    Valiant and almost flawless effort to bring more arcade elements into the serious Forza games offers more than any other competition. [Dec 2012]
  3. Nov 20, 2012
    Like a real party Forza Horizon can entertain you for hours. The game offers variation in both the singleplayer and multiplayer modes and looks fantastic. The soundtrack just completes it. Despite a few flaws the franchise took a turn that proves to be good for newcomers, but also great for the fanbase. You can't miss out on this party.