8.1

1. Oct 14, 2011
    Forza 4..... I was waiting for it like a little kid waiting for it like Christmas morning.
    Did I feel like the little kid on Christmas morning?
    MOST DEFINITELY NOT! Forza 4 in my oppinion proved to be another over hyped piece of nonsense. I feel the way I do because after 4 titles in the series I'd expect to see major improvements to many aspects of the game, yet since Forza 2, Forza 4
    Did I feel like the little kid on Christmas morning?
    I feel the way I do because after 4 titles in the series I'd expect to see major improvements to many aspects of the game, yet since Forza 2, Forza 4 feels more numb and repetitve that Forza 3 did. Graphically theres some improvement ( when in a race). The cars when looked at in garage look amazing fair enough. Autovista is total SH*TE, if i want to look inside a Ferrari, Merc etc i'd just look on the internet for a better example of how the interior looks, what the engines specs are.. etc etc. Its a good idea but pointless given the fact you are limited to a predetermined selection of 20 something cars to look at, all of which are boring.
    The car manufacturers rosters are the worst they have ever been, 60% of the cars are American and about 47% of the American cars are muscle cars..... What didnt Turn 10 call it Forza American 4 or Forza Muscle 4. Turn 10 hardly bothered to expand the British, Japanese, Spanish, French or any other nations car rosters....bar the Americans and Ferrari's. What happened to Turn 10 introducing more entry level hot hatches, sport wagons, sport saloons etc etc. Instead we got a whacking of over priced hyper and exotic cars..... Who cares.... if I want to drive a Ferrari or Lambo i'll book a 48 hour test drive.
    The car modifications and tuning options are near the same as Forza 3, perhaps even less in some cases. The "simulation" aspect is a poor effort. What planet are Turn 10 on??? Is it always daylight and dry where they come from? The work Turn 10 did with Pirelli is near invisible to the point the tyre wear mechanics are Forza 3 all over again. Pirelli must have seen Turn 10 coming and thought "oh we can make some money from these mugs" The addition of a handful of new tracks is another disappointment. The sound effects are not bad, but for example telling a 2.0ltr V-Tec and a 2.5ltr flat 4 boxer engine apart is near impossible,as are many engines, its all very generic. The music is still garbage in the menus and in race mode, thank god I could turn it down. Online is well... different but the same. Clans??? who cares... if i want to race with my pals i will, im not representing nobody when i drive except me. Its me versus the opposition. Not a clan vs a clan. (CALL OF DUTY ANYONE?)
    Im sooooooooo disappointed with Forza 4, I wanted to love it and I preyed it would be fresh, exciting and feel reinvigorated. None of which happened. Such a shame.
  2. Nov 10, 2011
    Doesn't really bring anything new to the table, I don't consider the Kinect implementation to be a very impressive feature but still good for a few hours of entertainment for any car enthusiast.
  3. Gar
    Nov 28, 2011
    So the game is really pretty much 5/5, the best racing game of the generation. Handling is sweet with a wheel, sounds are way ahead of the competition (GT5...). Ton of cars that I actually want to drive.

Here is my beef. The GENIOUSES at turn10 decided NOT to suppport the MOST POPULAR wheel for Forza, which is the 911 wheel by Fanatec. Sure the force feedback works and is brilliant, BUT...
    Did they map every single button according to the new CSR wheel? Yep. NO offical support for 911 wheels. Since the 911 wheel doesn't have an analog stick, all the functions that are mapped to that, are nonfunctional.

Want to look to your side? CSR exclusive! WHAT WHAT WHAT. How on earth are you supposed to race online seriously without looking to your sides?
    Just had a wrecker on the server and wanted to give him a bad review on Xbox Live. Too bad he was 16th and the game only shows 12 first finishers. Want to scroll down on the results list? CSR exclusive feature!

Turn10, you have an excuse for not supporting Logitech wheel (licensing for wireless technology). What is your excuse for not properly supporting my 500, FIVE HUNDRED EURO wheel which I bought 2 weeks before Forza. You have all the button mappings ready from Forza 3 and just decided "nah, lets annoy wheel owners a bit more".

If you are looking to buy a wheel for Forza, make it the CSR...Otherwise you might just think that turn10 made you throw 500+ down the drain. On top of this, the multiplayer has been bugged since day 1, no fixed after 7 weeks... Car classes F-B are full of cheaters so they are pretty much unplayable. A Dodge Super Bee is around 7-15 seconds a lap faster than non-"cheat" cars. Have the leaderboards been wiper? Nah. And they still play online as well. On top of that there have been no changes to play lists to you are stuck racing A-S class cars on the same 10 tracks, not utilizing 80% of the games content. GT5 is a way worse game, but at least the fixed the faults. Whats your excuse Turn10?
  4. Oct 18, 2011
    The game looks great and feels more realistic then any other console game on the market. The tuning options are the same then in Forza 3 but still the most extensive available. The new Kinect features work great and the voice of Jeremy Clarkson rounds the whole thing up.

But do I love this game? No! It still feels to sterile and dry. Even the new added features like bowling or

But do I love this game? No!

It still feels to sterile and dry. Even the new added features like bowling or football canâ
  5. Jan 22, 2012
    Forza Motorsport 4 is fun, but it is a racing game intended for casual racing fans and children.
    Even with many of the driving assists turned off, the game fails to deliver the white-knuckle moments that a superior racing game like Formula 1 2011 provides.
    Forza has a broad selection of cars and it's graphics are pleasing. The game also includes a number of tracks that provide a great sense of fulfillment to racing fans who would otherwise never get the opportunity to take a lap around the treacherous Nurburgring Nordschleife. Still, the variety of tracks could have been improved and some of the fantasy tracks feel like a poor attempt to replicate Monaco or Daytona. Perhaps Forza's biggest flaw is its inability to deliver a consistent racing experience. The AI is often often unpredictable - as it should be - but it's unpredictably bad. The developers of this game seem to have no regard for racing etiquette as I've often found myself executing straight-a-way passes, only to be rammed in a cheap shot by an AI driver.
    My next complaint with the game has little to do with the the developers, but it is still a notable complaint for those looking to buy a racing simulator. If you're like me, you buy Forza (or any other racing or sports game for that matter) for the game's online play. Unfortunately, the online play in Forza is ruined by many of the people who play it. It's nearly impossible to get through the first turn without being intentionally spun. Very few people who plays Forza online are actually interested in racing and the skill that goes into overtaking. Instead, the vast majority of Forza's online community are interested in turning races into a high-speed demolition derby. I'm an avid fan of Formula 1, IndyCar and NASCAR so I understand that collisions are a part of racing. But for god's sake, wrecking a person is not the only means to completing a pass.
    Though Codemasters' Formula 1 series is relatively young, I strongly recommend it for racing fans who are interested in more than hot rides and wrecking. Formula 1 2011's online community is top-notch and the game can be made as technical or arcade-like as the user desires.
  6. Nov 23, 2011
    Forza 4 is more like.... Forza 3.5. Not many changes since last game of the series. Few track additions, same boring grinding career mode. Car physics have not improved much either. At least Turn10 kept the positive aspects of the previous game untouched, but this does not justify #4 on the Forza title.
  7. Oct 17, 2011
    Where is crash? You go against the wall at 350 km/h with a Bugatti, and car scratched. STOP!!! If you turn the steering wheel, you can safely continue!!!!
  8. Oct 23, 2011
    The Good: Game can be fun, especially online, handling feels just right, nice music.

The bad: horrible graphics with 2d trees, blurry textures, bit mapped backgrounds poor lighting and most tracks just ported from Forza 3. The single player mode is WAY too easy as AI cars can't keep up and you end up winning every race by a mile no matter how you set the difficulty. Autovista is fun

Autovista is fun for about 5 minutes.
    Headtracking is buggy and totally lame.
    No weather effects, moving clouds, falling leaves, birds, SOMETHING to give the game some life!
    Feels like you are playing a slightly improved Forza 3.
  9. Dec 8, 2011
    Very cool gameplay
    but I'm a casual gamer and dont have the time or energy to go through all the levels to get a dinky car upgrade. I paid $$$ for it because I saw the cool Ferraris and Porsche's in the covers- and now I need to spend a lifetime getting points with a Ford Focus and Beetle. c'mon
  10. Feb 18, 2012
    I bought Forza 3 and absolutely loved it. I didn't really play much of the season play and played more from the event list and online. I loved Forza 3 so much I pre-ordered the Forza 4 Limited Collectors Edition which sounded fantastic. The book which you get with it is exactly the same as what is said in Autovista mode which is a waste of money as people with the normal edition get toI bought Forza 3 and absolutely loved it. I didn't really play much of the season play and played more from the event list and online. I loved Forza 3 so much I pre-ordered the Forza 4 Limited Collectors Edition which sounded fantastic. The book which you get with it is exactly the same as what is said in Autovista mode which is a waste of money as people with the normal edition get to hear the exact same thing as what you are reading. In Forza 4 I enjoyed World Tour for the first 6 seasons then it began to get boring with the same tracks over and over again. I found the event list less appealing the Forza 3 and I also thought that taking away endurance races was a bad thing. Onto the online, a stepdown from Forza 3. On Forza 3, me and my friends could play for hours and loved it. The new tracks are great but they also took away some much loved circuits. I love the Matmut Oreca and think it is the best car in the entire game however when I am driving on simulation damage in Forza 4 you flip and cannot flip back over. Fair enough this is more realistic however we like damage but not so much as when we are in a 1 hour race and our time has been completely wasted. This means we can drive less on the edge and less aggressive which I like to go all out knowing that I wont just flip over a curve. It is good if you never had Forza 3, perhaps the best racing game you will play but if you have played Forza 3 then this game doesn't even feel like Forza 3.5, more like Forza 3.1. Expand
  11. Nov 18, 2013
    As one would expect Forza Motor Sport 4 features an almost endless selection of tracks and cars (all of which can be fully customised) with which to play and, unlike the rather dull Gran Turismo, the vehicles can actually be damaged. There is also a decent selection of race types to mix things up although the lack of different weather types and off track events, such as rally driving, is aAs one would expect Forza Motor Sport 4 features an almost endless selection of tracks and cars (all of which can be fully customised) with which to play and, unlike the rather dull Gran Turismo, the vehicles can actually be damaged. There is also a decent selection of race types to mix things up although the lack of different weather types and off track events, such as rally driving, is a bit of a disappointment. Hopefully these issues will be sorted for the next installment but this is still the best racing sim available. Expand
  12. Nov 19, 2014
    I have never really went online with this but the single player has some issues. The computer AI is set to "extremely easy" and there is no way to increase the difficulty of the AI. You can change all the other settings to difficult like no guideline etc and still breeze through the levels. Also every map is sunny and that does get old after a while. Graphics are good. Its the kind of gameI have never really went online with this but the single player has some issues. The computer AI is set to "extremely easy" and there is no way to increase the difficulty of the AI. You can change all the other settings to difficult like no guideline etc and still breeze through the levels. Also every map is sunny and that does get old after a while. Graphics are good. Its the kind of game you play to relax before bed. 7/10 id say. I guess I should get Forza 5 now that I have the Xbox one, mabye it will be more challenging. Expand
  13. Nov 20, 2011
    Forza 4 exemplifies that this is THE ultimate driving simulator. Realism takes the front seat and really is enough to sell the game by itself. Unfortunately however, once you get past the shiny new coat of realism it is essentially Forza 3 with a confusing, yet inspired Top Gear cameo. The career mode still fails to get you interested which is disappointing. Car fanatics will ignore theForza 4 exemplifies that this is THE ultimate driving simulator. Realism takes the front seat and really is enough to sell the game by itself. Unfortunately however, once you get past the shiny new coat of realism it is essentially Forza 3 with a confusing, yet inspired Top Gear cameo. The career mode still fails to get you interested which is disappointing. Car fanatics will ignore the negatives and perhaps for good reason as this game is highly enjoyable in short stints and moreso with friends. Expand
  14. Mar 11, 2013
    i have been a huge fan of the Forza series but 4 is basically a slightly upgraded Forza 3. Same old tracks, different misic, enhanced graphics but definitely feels like the same old. This series is still the simulation racing champ in my opinion but got rather stale. The mediocre score comes from the DLC. it has got to be at least over half the cars require a DLC {Day 1 DLC nonetheless}i have been a huge fan of the Forza series but 4 is basically a slightly upgraded Forza 3. Same old tracks, different misic, enhanced graphics but definitely feels like the same old. This series is still the simulation racing champ in my opinion but got rather stale. The mediocre score comes from the DLC. it has got to be at least over half the cars require a DLC {Day 1 DLC nonetheless} pack which is asinine for a simulation racer. Want any Porsche? You will have to pay for it which I found laughable. i would recommend Forza 3 over 4. Expand
  15. May 12, 2013
    Probably the best racing game on Xbox 360 bar none (other than other Forza's), but to call this a simulator is like comparing the brightness of the sun to a candle. Great fun for mucking around in, though sadly this only outlines exactly the difference between PC gaming and console. I am a huge xbox 360 fan, but this game just doesn't compare to racing sims on PC. Bonus point for JeremyProbably the best racing game on Xbox 360 bar none (other than other Forza's), but to call this a simulator is like comparing the brightness of the sun to a candle. Great fun for mucking around in, though sadly this only outlines exactly the difference between PC gaming and console. I am a huge xbox 360 fan, but this game just doesn't compare to racing sims on PC. Bonus point for Jeremy Clarkson dialogue! Expand
  16. Sep 9, 2014
    I really dislike the DLC policies. Taking Porsche out of the game and making it an expansion pack?! Are you **** me? Any car that looks fun- DLC. It's like FM3 with a giant patch. Like MW2 and MW3. No major difference. New tire physics. Wow. Rivals. **** "unicorns"-Wtf, turn10? I expected a lot more. But you rip people off.

1. Nov 20, 2011
    A refinement of a fantastic game that loves cars as much as we do. The king of sim racers. [Christmas 2011, p.66]
  2. Nov 15, 2011
    About as close to the pinnacle of the racing simulation genre as you could reasonable expect to get. [Issue#78, p.72]
    Perfect drive from the very beginning to the end! Driving model is rough enough and multiplayer options are endless. If you don't have a steering wheel yet Forza 4 is the reason to get one. [Nov 2011]