8.1

1. Mar 22, 2014
    "forza motorsport 4 is the most frigging amazing creation that ever lived on xbox" . i love driving games but this game is even better then just driving games
  2. Dec 20, 2012
    This one is easy, it is better than Gran Turismo in almost every way. The thing it's missing- the true power and weight of the car while you are behind the wheel. That is why GT, with all it's faults, is a 10 and this is a 9. If you combined them to make a game with GT on track and Forza everything else, you would not onl;y have the best game ever, you would have a game that Metacritic would allow me to rate a 1,0000,0000,0000 out of 10. Thank you. Expand
  3. Oct 31, 2011
    Ok ,I have played this game in single player to level 126 and I have 24 to go and I have played over 90 hours of online play so I can safely review this game without any doubts.This game is a 9.5 and that is the realest review you will ever see and I'll explain why.Everything in this game is screaming perfection.Forza 3 was already screaming perfection and is one of the best racing games ever made, actually the second behind this title.What is wrong with this game well only two things,one is that it's very,very similar to Forza 3 which isn't a bad thing but there should of been a little more work into separating this title from Forza 3.The second is that the driving physics are just better in GT5.It is more real,not the damage model but the straight up driving part.You really shouldn't fuss on the matter and just get both games.What you want in one,that you wish it had,the other game has.Don't get confused though,Forza 3 is a mile better then GT5 and Forza 4 is 2 miles better.You have got graphics that look so real that it makes all the other cars in other games look bad, single player game that could never end cause it is so good,presentation that is top notch,multiplayer that no one else can touch,this game is just a monster of a game!GT5 has been getting some major updates lately and now it's a better game.A game that was made to be patched up which is very unforgivable.Every Forza game on the 360 has been awesome and on there own right brilliant,it's just the brilliance of this game should of just been slightly more then it is but to Turn 10..AWESOME Expand
  4. Nov 1, 2011
    I still don't like season mode or career or whatever you want to call it. I want to be able to race in certain series' for season after season... and have stat history. The AI is dumb, they act like you're not even there most of the time.

Multiplayer is fun, as usual, but I hate the fact that there is no ranking system or lobby points. (though the lobby does show the players who have the
    highest "invisable lobby points" higher.

The graphics are definitely better and it pushes the limit on the XBOX 360, as does the driving mechanics.
  5. Oct 19, 2011
    I loved Forza 1&2,No 3 wasnt the'definative racing game'that was promised.I felt there was something amiss with it.It felt sterile & lacked excitment & Custom multiplayer lobbies.Forza 4 however corrects all that,& is easily the best in the series(& game of this type in general)so far! The racing feels genuinely exciting,with unpredictible AI(in a good way)that feel human to race against.They react to what your doing,& even regularly make mistakes,taking a corner too fast at times,just like we do.The physics & difficulty levels are spot on this time.The handling feels absolutely sublime & is the game is an absolute joy to play.Theres so many good things about this game,the music,the improved graphics&effects,the engine sounds are awesome,The best(& superb)career mode in any Forza to date,car performance & body paintwork customisation,Split screen,great online multiplayer(the custom lobbies are back thank goodness,thanks for listening Turn 10),a whole host of other multiplayer modes,the new Rivals mode,Car auctions,community content & events,Autovista..Theres so much to this game,its quite frankly ludicrus,but obviously great.I even appreciate the small changes,such as the once dull one on one races are now massively improved by the addition of traffic.Makes it so much more interesting & entertaining,& the fact you can pick from a choice of reward cars when you level up.
    Although this is a near-perfect racing game(I even have no doubt in my mind,that its easily the best racing game of this type to date)i am giving it 9 for the following reasons. 1.Theres still no variable weather, 2.the silly Top Gear challenges are a little intrusive & should be an option not mandatory, 3.Split screen racing only has a maximum of 4 cars now(2 players & 2 CPU), 4.The re-wind feature,if you use it,it puts you below anyones time on the leaderboard that didnt use rewind,which i'm fine with,& think its a good idea,but i think its way too harsh to classify your fastest lap in the same time band on the leaderboard as the ones that used rewind just because you made contact with another car(something which is almost impossible to avoid & is part of racing surely(& often they hit you),along with going slightly off the road.This should really be ammended by Turn10,as its not fair,& lastly 5.Theres no night races.
    To have someone be able to sit in & go Co-Op with you on your career races would be awesome too.Wouldnt have to be all the time,but something you could do as & when.It could be done,by only offering you races for cars you both have,or player 2 be able so share player ones cars,with both players taking any winnings & experience points back to their own save.But thats not a gripe at Forza 4,as no racing game has done that yet,but hope it will be one day.Would be Awwwwwwsome No?
    When Forza has those things,i'll be the first to say its the definative & perfect racing game.but until then,its still the best of its type,& a 9.5 from me.Simply an awesome game,that puts GT5 with its dated looking graphics,Dull gameplay,robotic predictable AI,Bad sound effects & lack of a proper performance rating system for the cars for multiplayer matchups to shame(& i say that as someone thats owns a PS3 & bought GT5).
  6. Oct 18, 2011
    Forza 3 was perfect. Note: was. Forza Motorsport 3 appeared to be the end of the Racing genre, the pinnacle of automative entertainment, and was so complete Forza 4 seemed redundant. But it isn't. Forza 4 does everything Forza 3 did, only better, and a load of other stuff too. Multiplayer has been revamped, Career is stronger, more cars, the amazing Autovista and the joys of Free Play. There are only two problems, and there fairly minor. The Top Gear content is a little light, it seems only satisfactory, but nothing more. Secondly, the difficulty system is poorly balanced. The better you do, the harder the races get. Eventually, the other cars become very aggressive and very fast, making races a tedious game of dodgems, Losing races makes the AI easier, but no game should make you deliberatley lose, that's a design flaw. But, beside these niggles, Forza offers the ultimate automative videogame experience. Again, and better than ever. Expand
  7. Nov 24, 2012
    This is the first ten I am giving to a game with several glaring flaws, and I will address these faults immediately. First, and most maddening, is the idiotic AI that has lost the ability to start a race, drive in tight formation, and recognize a passing vehicle as a solid object. Many times, while driving side by side, the computer will simply turn into me and not stopped until they are back in the race line, often to the point of pushing me right off the track. How did Forza go from a brilliant, tough, precise AI (in the hardest settings) to this?
    Second issue I have is with a bugged audio system, where engine notes will get stuck or will cut out altogether for several seconds, both of which cause havoc you shift manually in the game and rely on that engine noise.
    My third, and final issue with this game, is a delay issue I am having that is getting worse and worse the more races I complete. After a race, as you select to see your winnings, the game jams, sometimes for as much as a minute, sound and video. I've cleared the cache, I've reinstalled the game, nothing works and it's getting worse the more I complete.

That's all the bad, and it would seem un-redeemable except for three incredible changes from Forza 3.

First, is the most brilliant racing physics engine ever devised, period. This is especially evident when you drive older cars with skinny tires and flexible bodies. Every car is an experience and different types of cars feel more different, so driving a variety of cars becomes more rewarding.

Second is the absolutely incredible variety of quality performance vehicles, from vintage Alfa Romeos to obscure modern supercars. Along with variety I'll also note that the car modelling seems to has also taken a large leap forward.

Thirdly, the addition of Topgear and Topgear personality Jeremy Clarkson takes this from being another car game to being THEE car game. From Clarkson's humorous takes in Autovista, to the topgear track, to some of the included cars in the game, the quality of presentation is greatly amplified by this partnership.

I can play no other car game without feeling that in some intangible (and sometimes very tangible) way, all other racing games have been rendered inferior.
  8. May 29, 2014
    Graphics: 9.5 Sound: 9.0 Gameplay: 9.5 Fun/Story: 9

A slight improvement of Forza 3. I loved to play it with Kinect or Racing Wheel. It´s a extremely well done climax of the last Forza franchise for Xbox360 (apart Horizon).
  9. May 15, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The improved visuals, the added cars on track, the wealth of new race types, the tweaked AI and closer racing, the ferocious sound and superior sense of speed, the even better livery editor, the lot. With Forza 4 Turn 10 has crafted a driving game like no other; it's hands-down this generation's premier racing simulator. Expand
  10. Feb 26, 2012
    A Great Game!! Looks great, the best looking racing game out there! Incredibly fun. Everything about this game in nearly flawless! The Kinect functionality was pretty cool! Hands down one of the best racing games out there! A must buy game! The online community is fantastic, and overall this game is a complete package!
  11. Nov 12, 2011
    Awesome sim, love my Shift 2 but this one wins win it comes to less arcade like handling. Grat stuff, worth a rent or a buy. Best behind the dash look of any game I've ever played.
  12. Aug 10, 2013
    This is in my opinion THE racing game for the Xbox 360. It seems every iteration of Forza Motorsport gets better and better, while keeping the core gameplay intact. The graphics are the best I've seen in this series yet, the controls are as fluid as ever, and the selection of cars and race tracks is mind-boggling. Difficulty adjustments can be tailored to your skill level, and depending on how you set it you can more or fewer credits when you play, which are then used to buy upgrades for your cars and of course new cars. You can also go to auctions to buy cars from other gamers, as well as buy tuning set-ups, decals and paint jobs. Online play could do with some balancing, though. Being pitted against the fastest cars every time is just unfair. Other than that, this is one of the best racing games I've played and, without a doubt, the best racing game on the 360 in my honest opinion. Expand
  13. Oct 22, 2011
    Its safe to say Forza 4 has met most expectations. With new cast of cars, great looking graphics and sounds. Yes there were high expectations for the 4th edition in this franchise. But you would be insane to not appreciate the work put into this game and the final result. For those people that have unrealistic expectations, I have one thing to say. Take a step back and realize that you are living in the golden age of video games. Overall rating goes like this: Game play 4/5, graphics 5/5, sounds 5/5, fun factor 5/5, replay value 4/5. Enjoy! Expand
  14. Mar 23, 2012
    What an elegant game, from graphics to details gameplay. Let's forget about the weather condition, day or night, 'cause they are no more important for the marvelous performance of Forza Motorsport 4. Even the non-enthusiast of racing game like me just easily fall in love with this game, I have to reckon that I can spend endless hours behind the wheel driver and enjoy countless race. So far I cannot recommend any better racing game than this masterpiece Expand
  15. Jan 2, 2012
    This was one of my most anticipated games when I heard about it at the beginning of 2011. What I got was exactly what I've always wanted. For many years, I wanted a game that mixed simulation racing with the customization of Need for Speed. Now, of course, the car customization isn't as in depth as Need for Speed, but it's better than Gran Turismo. The cars all handle and sound different from each other, and with over 500 cars, there are more than enough to keep you busy. The only reason that it doesn't get a 10, is because of the bad music. That's it; sure, it doesn't have night racing or weather effects, but thats a small price to pay for all the tracks and cars you get to play around with. This game will keep you entertained for months, just what I hope it will do for me. Expand
  16. Nov 7, 2012
    Wow, Forza Motorsport 4 is, without question, the best racing game of the current (or any) generation. The handling feels incredible, the visuals are simply staggering, and the car selection is wonderful. Not only do we have the typical super cars, but the everyman's cars are also represented; I unlocked and tricked out a 1994 Celica that I just adore. It's really too bad that there is so much DLC because each car is so lovingly recreated that it feels like tragedy to not be able to experience all the cars, and to purchase all the DLC would cost more than an additonal $50 (something a seemingly inevitable FM4 Ultimate Edition would rectify). But as it stands, FM4 is without peer in the racing genre and one of the best overall games of all time. Expand
  17. Apr 6, 2012
    This game is great! The number one thing that comes to my mind when reviewing this game is...VALUE. Wow! There are a tone of cars and tracks and they look better than ever! Although its not a huge change over 3, it is better in every way. The AI is especially improved as Forza 3 felt way too easy or too hard. This is a must buy for anyone looking to sink hours upon hours leveling up and building your car collection. Expand
  18. Oct 11, 2011
    The Cars are amazing, the environments are amazing, the graphics are amazing, the music is amazing. The graphics engine is great and the gameplay is fluid. With many modes and customization I defy you to give this less than a 9.5 (cough, IGN) Best Racing game ever!
  19. Oct 13, 2011
    One of the most solid racing games to date, Forza 4 will make your jaw drop; whether from the gorgeous graphics or the tight gameplay. What doesn't Forza 4 do right? There is a hefty single player career mode that gives the user a ton of stuff to do, along with challenges inspired by Top Gear that are creative in their own right. The handling is on point, with your car feeling like it has weight to it and always feeling like you have full control over the way your car handles, looks, and behaves. If you drive hard into a turn, your car will react with a slide. The cars act and drive so realistic, it will actually feel like you are driving a full size car. The cars, vistas, and tracks look very good and realistic; although I did see a few flat trees and the tire barriers aren't the most realistic. But, those are just nitpicks and you will only see them if you try pretty hard. The online play is very smooth, and it holds up really well against lag and whatnot. The game spans tons of cars, and if you are a car aficionado; your favorite car is most likely in this game. I wouldn't give this game a solid 10, but rather more like a 9.4 or 9.5. It's hard to call Forza 4 the best driving game ever made, but it might be the best simulator ever made. Turn 10, really outdid themselves and it's a good feeling to know that they are going to keep making driving games. Expand
  20. Mar 18, 2013
    Wow.... This truly is game awesome game. You can build YOUR dream car maybe even Drift, Drag, or put it on the Circuit for fun. The amazement of this game is awesome and has a awesome community in which the GT series cant bring to the table.
  21. Oct 11, 2011
    Best Racing game ever made hands down...if you need to know anything more read up on the reviews. There is nothing bad to say about this. Graphics amazing, sound amazing, control amazing, replay off the charts. If you have the slightest hankering for a racing game or just to check out and tune cars in general buy this and you will be amazed. I don't even care much for cars and I love this game...that tells you alot about this product! Expand
  22. Nov 15, 2011
    lol, oh god, what is it with xbox 360 games starting to become more and more generic, Fable 3, Gears of War 3. Forza 4 is an expansion pack, updated graphics, but has maps that look the same as Forza 3, gameplay that feels the same. Highly reccomend you wait till the price drops to $15-20. Might be worth it then.
  23. Nov 13, 2011
    Forza 4 does everything that Forza 3 did before it, but better. The graphics are far improved, with (dare I say it) the best looking cars and tracks in any racing game, on any system, ever. Yes, that includes "that" game.

The handling has also been upgraded, with cars feeling as close as can be to their real-life counterparts. Naturally you're not going to experience the force of
    slamming sideways around a corner, but as far as the limits of grip and such, this game is spot on. It's hard to know where they can go from here.

It does all this without feeling at all clinical. There is a certain magic to the game that can't be put into words. It's a rare driving simulation that is also FUN.

Naturally it's better with a decent steering wheel but for those who can't justify the purchase, it plays perfectly well with a controller. The game responds well to the analogue inputs, and the force feedback adds a layer to the immersion.

Lot's of tracks, and lots of customisation options mean there is plenty of replay value in this game. You can play the game with various levels of difficulty, from a "one-button" control for kids, which brakes for you and means you basically can't crash, through to 100% real, no assistance craziness for the pros. Likewise you can tune your cars in one of two ways - either the hard way, by selecting the mods you want on the car and tuning them to your needs, or automatically which selects the relevant mods to make your selected car competitive for the upcoming race. This opens up the game for tuners and casual players alike. I've so far upgraded my Nissan Micra (might as well start the game with what you know) to level C, which is about as far as it will go.

GT5 disappointed me by failing to live up to it's promises, even after the 2.0 update. Forza 4 has made up for this by giving me everything I ever wanted from a racing sim. The most exciting thing for me is wondering just how they are going to top this with the next installment!
  24. Oct 11, 2011
    With or without Porsche, Forza 4 is the greatest racing game ever. This year brings serious online racing addiction with the new online Rivals mode. You can spend HOURS in Rivals mode, beating other Forza players lap times, beating rival after rival, all while leveling up, unlocking cars, and earning in game credits. Forza 4 has an enormous amount of great content, but Rivals mode is what takes the online racing experience to new heights. This game is a 10 out of 10, I'll surely be playing Forza 4 until the next generation console comes out. Expand
  25. Nov 15, 2011
    I would like to start off by saying that the first racing sim that I had ever played was GT3 for the Playstation 2. I will always have a place in my heart for that game for it was one of the best racing games that I'd ever played. That is until I bought an Xbox and bought the original FORZA MOTORSPORT. Ever since that day I have been a FORZA fan. Although I have been playing FORZA 2 since the day it came out casually for the last couple of years, I had skipped FORZA 3 not wanting to get another FORZA game until I had completed #2. But a free gift card from a popular seller plus the fact that I had already purchased BATTLEFIELD 3, led me to think I needed now to upgrade my favorite racing game. I am really glad I did. FORZA 4 exceeds all my wildest expectations for this franchise and I am having a blast playing it. The graphics are top notch even with this current generations hardware becoming a little long in the tooth. The sound is incredible and the car selection has a nice mix of European, American, Japanese, Etc. I also love the added bonus of running through some of the TOP GEAR challenges as that show has become, very recently, one of my favorites. All I can say is that I wholeheartedly recommend this game to any racing fan or car aficionado. Your dollars will be well spent by giving this game a try. Expand
  26. Oct 18, 2012
    This is the best realistic driving simulator on the 360, if you are a car lover or a racing fan buy this game. With a ton of tracks and a **** load of cars spanning over 80 manufacturers there is a wide range of races to complete........ AMAZING !!!
  27. Jan 8, 2012
    The best racing game since the original Gran Turismo, and one of the three best games--of any genre--that I played last year. Quite simply, this game is fantastic.
  28. Nov 8, 2011
    Great game although a bit lackluster with the auto vista, I bought it thinking all cars would be in that mode but apparently not, but I would say it is the best racing sim to date.
  29. Oct 14, 2011
    Top racing sim that rightly scores the highest rated reviews of any next gen sim. For some weird reason fanboys who don't have a 360 and can't have the game because it is not on their console write fake reviews.
    This game is worth the money ignore the user scores of 4 or less....
  30. Nov 5, 2011
    This may very well be the best console racing simulation game ever. The perfect driving experience from the amazing visuals to the blockbuster sound effects. There are some good improvements from Forza 3 to Forza 4. The car interiors have been improved from Forza 3's rather hideous **** Some of the tracks have been given some nice visual improvements such as the Camino circuit and the classic Fujimi Kaido. The new Autovista mode is awesome letting you walk around your dream cars in a perfect show room style with narration from the iconic Jeremy "Jezza" Clarkson. But their is limits to what the standard dvd can handle and only 20+ cars are featured in this new mode but hopefully later cars will be added through dlc. Finally on to the driving experience. It is easy to see the physics of the cars have been greatly improved. In fact they have been improved so much that they now can rival those or their arch enemy and counter part Gran Turismo. In the end this game comes full having an amazing car selection, physics, online experience, and customization. This is easily the best racing game this year and arguably this year which is why I'm giving it a 10/10. Expand
  31. Nov 12, 2014
    GREAT game when it came out and I played it up until this year. Fantastic physics, graphics, and presentation. I love the almost endless list of cars, each with a unique "feel"!
  32. Oct 12, 2011
    (almost )The perfect racing game. The biggest downside of this game is that it's not a gigantic step over Forza 3, but that's not much of a complaint. The graphics are overall superb, and though some cars in GT5 have a little more detail, the presentation in Forza remains so much more consistent that I have no problem calling it the better looking of the two. The cars in Autovista, while limited in quantity, are incredible to look through. The driving physics are still at top par, and the best you'll be getting on consoles. The damage models alone are a welcome addition going from GT. Each car handles differently, and each grade of cars are a joy to ride in their own way. I'm a huge fan of the universal credits system, which allows you to gain credits and XP for doing anything in the game. It encourages to play all styles of Forza. The club system is extremely well-designed, and it's a great way to share cool cars with friends. Lack of weather or night systems are definitely disappointing, as is the lack of the NYC track, but you'll hardly have time to miss those features with all that Forza does offer. Forza's greatest achievement is the feeling of community, allowing you to share or sell various tuning setups or car designs via XBL.

tl;dr, Forza is, in my opinion, the premier console racing series. Coming from a GT fan, Forza has usurped the throne, for now.
    If you have any interest in cars or racing, buy this game.
  33. Oct 20, 2011
    Those who gave a negative score without writing **** are GT5 fanboy Wake up! Spec 2.0 can't save that game! Forza 4 is better compare with Forza 4 in production time to quality ratio! If Turn10 has as much time as Polyphony They can create a car's matrix! and the one who give 4 and write something Check his profile He gave GT5 a 9 Get it? And those complain about rain and night racing REMEMBER THATãâ Expand
  34. Nov 12, 2014
    I absolutely loved this game.

It was a ton better in many ways to Forza 5 other than the graphics and how the game ran.

More tracks, cars, and a better community in general.

I have clocked hours into this game because of how good it was. I still play it to this day.

I would definitely recommend this for those who do not own next-gen consoles.
  35. Dec 10, 2011
    Hats off to the developer for an awesome game.. detailed, Visually exciting and a pleasure for the car enthusiast. Driving Difficulty can be scaled so you can play it as a racing sim or an arcade style racer.. nice job
  36. Nov 20, 2011
    This is my second favourite racing game of all time, behind Midnight Club 3 DUB Edition Remix. It has everything you could want in a racing game. BUT. There is hardly any cosmetic upgrades to your cars, such as spoilers or hoods. Nobody plays any other game mode on matchmaking except for quick race. I wanted to try soccer, chasy and all that out but nobody plays them. I wanted to write a better review but I am in a hurry. Expand
  37. Dec 15, 2011
    Great graphics, 60fps feels good, Amazing audio, and good driving feel, i enjoyed this game too much. Felt much more superior than gran turismo 5. Great great game
  38. Oct 20, 2011
    Not enough credit has been given to the online portions of this game. They have essentially done what Call of Duty did for shooters, Fifa did for sports games and what World of Warcraft did for MMOs. They have defined how the genre should behave online. Leaderboards for nearly every event and the added bonus of each car class having its own in the Hot Lap open mode. Rivals mode takes the competition to new extremes and its a way to earn credits and experience without resorting the game's single player career mode. Online lobbies allow you to tailor the game experience to you and your friends and it also allow options against the annoying "crasher" types. Monthly challenges will keep the game alive for a long time. While the rest of the single game feels "3.5", the online upgrades justified my full game price, and I even sprung for the extra DLC packs. This is something I've been boldly against, but considering this game will last me months of play (which is something other games CAN'T say) I consider it a good investment. I expected Forza 3.5 and I got that with a much better online competition. As far as the single player the adaptive AI seems hit and miss. Sometimes I destroy them out of the gate and sometimes they prove worthy.. although inconsistent its a refreshing change to see the predictable/static drones of before. Season play is a lot more fluid. It doesn't feel like a gigantic boring grind and it now lets you choose cars you want to play with instead of bringing up events randomly. I wanted to see more tracks and the fact that some of the car DLC was already on the disc, but unlocked with a paid code was mildly annoying. If I had to base my score on just re-playablity it would be an 11. No game is ever perfect and of course this is no exception, but its going to be 100s of hours of entertainment for myself. Expand
  39. Mar 8, 2012
    hir0 is crying about turn 10 recycling but i guessed he loves the GT5 PS2 models.I never really purchase racing sims but this was great.
  40. Oct 13, 2011
    This rapes gt5 in every aspect. I was hoping for a larger array of vehicles from Holden and ford and to be able to modify the offset of your rims - but I knew that was just wishful thinking. Overall its better than forza 3, but they're not worlds apart.
  41. Oct 17, 2012
    Great game, having a lot of fun trying out all the different cars and racing on all the cool looking tracks. Best racing game for a long time. Guaranteed fun. 9/10
  42. Oct 24, 2011
    First off the bat - the game looks and sounds incredible. Every car's engine sound is true to life, and the Autovista mode is particularly stunning. The selection of cars is very good (except Porsche is missing this time around which is disappointing). The physics model is improved over Forza 3, the handling of the cars (once you turn off all the assists) is extremely good, especially the feel when the cars drift and powerslide, and I like the new career system. But unfortunately, it's not perfect, and I can't give it a 10. The Kinect features are superficial - the Kinect steering mode is obviously targeted at casual gamers, and using the Kinect in Autovista is more painful than just using the controller. In contrast to the fantastic engine sounds, the in game music is horrible. But the most disappointing aspect of the game is the opponent driver AI in the career mode. It's way too easy, it feels like they adjusted the difficulty of the game for casual gamers, and hoped the hardcore players would get their value out of the game online. The AI seem to be afraid to go around corners, they creep around at speeds well below what they should, making it possible to pass on the outside. Plus the AI does seem to bash into you rather randomly, especially if you attempt to dive past them on the inside line before corners. And while it's nice to see the AI make mistakes once in a while, it happens too often in Forza 4. I do hope they bump up the ability and tone down the aggressiveness of the AI in a patch. Or at least have AI driver skill improve with your career level. And they're already selling DLC passes for this game to get more cash out of you. There's still enough in here to have fun though, including online races and the great rivals mode, and just general mucking about with cars, to make this a worthy purchase. Expand
  43. Dec 23, 2011
    Best racing game out there, I'm not really a fan of the genre but i have played quite a few, the game is highly accessible yet incredibly detailed, it just keeps getting better and better, if you're a car fan or are curious about racing games this is a must buy.
  44. Nov 9, 2011
    The best racing game hands down. In a relatively short amount of time Turn 10 studios has toppled the former king off its throne. Gran Turismo 5 looks like a slow sloppy mess compared to Forza's latest.
  45. Jun 7, 2012
    Awesome game. Thje game ships on 2 discs with 530 cars+ depending if you get VIP or not. Each month 10 new cars are released. Contrary to some of the complaints I have heard the dlc system is awesome. We get a whole lotta game on the original 2 discs and the 10 cars each month just freshen things up. I get more value for money out of each 10 car pack than I would from buying a new game so to me it saves money. Rivals mode is awesome as it provides plenty of friendly "rivalry" with friends. Highly recommended game. Expand
  46. Jan 26, 2013
    Let me start by saying, you must love actual track racing. If you do not, do not play this. I love track racing and real driving physics, so I love this game. If you are love arcade racing that's great, but do not expect this to be that. Anyway, a very fun game with endless customizing (engines, looks, etc.).
  47. Oct 19, 2011
    My only criticism about this game is that the weather never really changes. Forza 3 was already great, Forza 4 has improved some aspects, especially on the graphical department, where a new, more refined lightning and better reflections than its predecessors will give you some wow moments. The sound is excellent and it feels realistic, unlike what you haer in Gran Turismo 5.
    All in all I
    think this is the ultimate racing with sim. elements game and I'd vie it a 9.5, but considering you can't do that here, I'll be good and go with a 10. enjoy this great experience, guys. Expand
  48. Oct 25, 2011
    HOLY CRAP...ADDICTIVE!!!! SO MUCH FUN!!!! My only complaints really are about navigation in the race maps. ITs really difficult to figure out what track you just raced once you move back to the main menu. I placed second in a race and wanted to try again, but I couldnt find the race event in the huge list!! I mean I suppse thats kinda good because their are a ton of events, I just wish it was clearer what I had participated in already., The other minor complaint is that the difficulty seems odd. On the default setting it seems FAR too easy, but adjusting the settings quickly make the races nearly un-winnable... Still though the game is fun... REALLY fun.....and it looks amazing. Expand
  49. May 10, 2012
    Absolutely Brilliant!! The Graphics Are Stunning, The Gameplay Is Next To Perfect and Online Play Never Gets Old. The Cars Are 99% The Real Thing and The Tracks Have Almost Every Bump and Crack As In Real Life. This Will Be An Addicting Game If You Play It For More Than 2 Hours When You First Put It In, So Watch Out.
  50. Jun 9, 2012
    Best racing game ever.
    The handling is so good, every car feels different, and you can tell the difference if you tweak or add parts on.
    The Cars are all beautiful and all individual and theres a good mix, you will be able to find a car you love and drive with, for me it was the Ferrari 458, which isnt the quickest in its class, but handles soooo well.
    The tracks all very good, the new
    Alpines one is fantastic, only gripe I guess is that lack of new tracks , most recyleced from Forza 2+3.
    Multiplayer, very good. Finding games easy, lots of different cars used.
  51. Oct 16, 2011
    After playing many racing games over the years I feel this to be the best so far. The on line play is very good, as is the customisation of the cars. The tracks are cool. Especially the Top Gear track. The whole thing feels very playable. Down side is that it never seems to rain or go dark which is a shame.
  52. Oct 20, 2011
    I was waiting for this game. I am skeptical attitude to it, as Forza 3 I did not like. But all fears were unfounded. Forza 4 is much better than the previous part, as with the visual side, and with the gameplay. It is much better conveys a sense of the machine, the sensation of speed, it more interesting and fun to play. The visual component of the game not satisfactory, in-game graphics are very good. As well as amazing sound. Well, this is a godsend Autovista. The machine can see the details, get behind the wheel and listen to the comments Jeremy Clarkson. Expand
  53. Nov 10, 2011
    this is a tremendously beautiful game, with tons of fun cars to drive. the career mode is improved in my opinion and online is as good as ever. my only complaint is with the low number of tracks available, and how similar they are to years past
  54. Nov 27, 2013
    Forza 4 is brilliant, beautiful, challenging, and addicting!

Over the past two years I've logged several hundred hours, and have loved every minute of it! Although there is tons of content the game offers lots of DLC too. Fortunately this installment is completely fleshed out, and I never felt the need to purchase DLC in order to have the full experience. In the long run, I actually
    did end up purchasing most of the car packs, but was comfortable in not being pressured to do so. As for car tokens, I never purchased any. Tokens are unnecessary (but a convenient alternative) because Forza 4's economy is well balanced an fair. Expand
  55. Nov 1, 2011
    Playing GTA5 DLC 2.0 but still gravating toward Forza 4, smoother and more accessible experience? Quicker loadings? More competitive fun with mates thanks to Rivals mode?

Whatever the reasons, both games are good, but proof in the pudding is simply the litmus test of where AI m spending more time having fun. Zero score? Really? That unbiased and objective opinion? Worse than any absolute
    stinker of racing game in the video game history? Think not. Great games give you pleasure in spades.. Expand
  56. Oct 23, 2011
    Turn10's Forza Motorsport 4 is definitely the superb successor of the Forza legacy and in my opinion, it is the best racing simulation game I have ever played on consoles. It raised the bar and the experience I had when I first met Forza 3: the feel of the car-road contact is much more crisp, more direct (improved weight and tire models), the control is more alive, much more aggressive. The graphics during the races are more polished (more discrete crash marks and body deformation) and the details and lighting can be breathtaking at several points but the real deal is 'Autovista' where you will be given the opportunity to bend under the hood of rare beauties which you won't have the chance in your life unless you buy a ticket to several museums all over the world. Now these cars are in your livingroom and presented in such high detail (you can see the cracks on the leather covering the door and the steering wheel, see the tiny bumps on the cast alloy cylinder head cover, you can identify individual parts and read the signs on them) , that you will feel you really have them, you can reach out and touch the parts ... it's a fantastic way of showcasing.
    There are new community options as well and the best one is definitely the so called 'Rivals' mode: you can compete against all your friends and against the entire world, even if they are having their beauty sleep. The game will download your selected opponent's best time and ghost car, so it is your turn to beat what she/he succeeded. 16 player car soccer games, car bowling and autocross challenges, open track days and drift sessions, car clubs and the good old auction house ... all these available for you to extend the fun.

It is clear that Forza Motorsport 4 is about the love of cars. "We are endangered species" - Jeremy Clarkson said (goosebumps), referring at congestions and fuel prices. But as long as we have racing simulation games out like Forza Motorsport 4, we can still experience the machines, the joy of speeding flat out, the sharp competition ... This game simply deserves a try and if you get in for a ride, you will not want to get out. (oh, yesterday I caught myself still facing the tv at 05:30 AM in the morning)
  57. KBT
    Feb 13, 2012
    Although this game is up and running for months now, I still find it necessary to insert my review, because of all the skewed criticism I find here and there in the (user) score section.
    First of: the often made comparison with GT5. This is a difficult one. The AI, menu presentation, sound and music are better worked out at forza. The crucial element of an excellent racing game is the
    balance between arcade and sim. Turn 10 already nailed this part since part 2. In my opinion, GT5 is more of a sim in general and less arcade-oriented. A better sim would be GT5 strictly speaking. A better racing game is most definitely F4.
    The single player is much better worked out than the previous parts, so does the accumulation of car and credit earnings. One giant disadvantage is the virtual price of the most expensive cars in the game. It is almost impossible to buy a single car with the price of 10.000.000, knowing that you will earn only 10.000 of average per race. That's nuts. You can buy these at the auction house or real money (i.e. 1 euro more or less), but these are all silly alternatives. The multiplayer is really fun....when it connects. If you have a good connection, it sometimes still manages to disconnect due to.....no one knows at turn10. this happens me about twice a day during a two hours game session. Nevertheless it is the sole part of the game that keeps the disc entering the xbox after 6 months of purchase. For all the 'newbies' to racing or forza, i would say go get it..fast. for all the veterans like me, I can't suppress the feeling I got of 'more of the same.' The game has been definitely improved, but there are no radical new improvements here. Yes the autovista is nice and so does the nurburgring and the controls have been updated too, but I expected a bit more. Hence the score, not a 10 but a 9.
  58. Nov 14, 2011
    If you're a fan of the Forza series, or of cars and/or car racing in general, chances are that you will love this game.

PROS: - Absolutely stunning graphics - The Autovista mode is gorgeous, it really does look as good or better than real life at times - Career mode is more engaging - Choices for reward cars make the game feel more personal, more choices mean you can either stick to a
    certain brand/style or hoard everything possible - Control is excellent and very responsive - The assists have more choices, allowing you to cater the difficulty level from brand new beginner to hardcore simulation player - Excellent variety of cars available, all are extremely detailed and a joy to look at - The Top Gear inclusion is excellent and Jeremy Clark adds a lot of character to the game - The Music score is good and very fitting for the game's theme

CONS: - No weather effects or night driving is a real shame - More new tracks would've been great, only a handful of new ones added on - No Porsches available due to the EA contract, really lame move from EA. The rights are said to expire later this year so hopefully that means Turn 10 can add them as DLC or what-not

Overall: This game is not only extremely enjoyable, but a work of art in terms of graphics and sounds. A must-have for car-fanatics and racing fans alike. 9.5/10 HIGHLY recommended.
  59. Oct 12, 2011
    Forza 4 is the best racing game this console generation. It beats forza 2,3 and GT5. While rally or F1 fans will be better with codemasters offerings, for a simple racing game, this is the best in gtaphics and gameplay. The cars are detailed and the cars I own ('04 Imprezza, 10 lancer evo, V12 Vantage) all look just like real life. I'm 99% sure the downward scores are ps3 fanboys rating the game down. Buy now. Expand
  60. Oct 11, 2011
    Best racing game ever? Debatable. Best racing simulation game ever? Most definitely. Forza 4 has everything a car enthusiast could ever want. Every car feels unique, drives differently, and has weight. The customization options (mostly in terms of paint) are endless. The career mode is huge with a variety of game modes to choose from. The online has a clan system that I could actually get lost in (The Freeriders is my club name) and the game modes are more than just your regular races. Going through car auctions, trying to be the highest bidder on a rare vehicle, is loads of fun as you put your hard-earned cash on the line. The replay mode is deep and intuitive, with loads of camera customizations to choose from. Most importantly though, the graphics are FANTASTIC. Unlike Forza 3, where the cars seemed to "float" above the tracks, Forza 4 blends it all together, and the lighting effects on the cars are photo-realistic. Ignore the Gran Turismo 5 fanboys: Forza Motorsport 4 is a must buy. Expand
  61. Oct 13, 2011
    It's amazing what a company can do with only 2 years to work with.Gran Turismo 5 on the PS3 took 5 years in development to come up with a product that wasn't even better than the awesome Forza 3.With this game it blows the door off of what can be accomplished in such a short time.What is there not to like,there is no problems at all in this game.No flaws just brilliance.I don't consider the kinect integration a problem cause for what it is it's pretty cool and there is always updates and patches.This game has the best handling in any simulation driving game ever released,Its gorgeous,extreme depth,great presentation and a replay factor that has virtually no end.All 4 Forza games are awesome and at the time each one was put out it was at perfect timing.Well for you PS3 fan boys I'm quite sorry your stuck with a game that has 800 very pathetic looking cars and 200 that don't even come close to the amazing 500+ in this game.Great job Turn 10,you deserve your perfect 10... Expand
  62. Oct 16, 2011
    If you are after a racing game then purchase this. I am not a racing nut or anything and maybe a true enthusiast may have complaints. But if your an average gamer like me, and want a spectacular game/tracks to race then this is the one. Only downside is the amount of American cars in comparison to the rest of the world, and did they forget rain and night racing too?

That aside this is
    spectacular and worth the money. Expand
  63. Nov 7, 2011
    It is far more polished than GT5 and I like how all the interiors are nicely rendered. The handling is good, if I were to pick fault it would be the physics engine doesn't give realistic momentum changes like the GT series can, but the rest id far better.
  64. Nov 15, 2011
    The Forza series series is good at what it is. A racing simulator. In that it excels, it is easy to jump right in and race. New players will take only very little time to adjust to the style, while veterans can jump right in. Buy this game if you want a realistic racing experience, NOT if you want to buy a racing game. The wide variety of cars and locations will awe you, and the new autovista mode is a great way to look at amazing cars. Expand
  65. Nov 17, 2011
    Great Driving game, My Favourite Simulate game, a lot of fun and cars and Great Panting Options ! I had more fun then in GT5. .................................................................................
  66. Nov 25, 2011
    Excelent game, god drive experience, la verdad me gusto mucho, creo que es mejor que grand Turismo, muy bien por este juego lo recomiendo ampliamente..
  67. Nov 29, 2011
    an excellent game, forza 3 was good but this blew me away, graphics are great, a vast array of cars spanning decades and difficulty to cater for all, everybody giving it a bad result because of porsche blame ea anyway the leveling up is much better as you can choose between a few cars instead of being forced one this includes dlc cars if you have them and affinity to car makers is good as you can upgrade cars for free thus meaning money can be spent on increasing your garage, all cars handle quite well, taking an m5 round a track is a lot different than say an f430 only things that let it down are the limited number of tracks and the very low level cap which most people can reach within a month of playing other than that excellent Expand
  68. Dec 19, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Wonderful game, Microsoft nailed it with this racing game. Much better than several racing titles on the market. I hope that the next game in the franchise is in the same quality. Expand
  69. Oct 24, 2013
    Outstanding visuals, Detailed customization, Responsive A.I., these are just some of the perks this game has to offer. with hundreds of cars to choose from to fit your play style this game will easily keep you occupied for hours on end. One of the better racing games out there.
  70. Nov 28, 2011
    I am a huge fan of Forza & Grand Turismo and usually I cannot see enough of a difference between the two to merit one being way better then another. However with Forza 4 I do think that it has taken over the title from GT as the best sim racer. This kind of racer is an acquired taste. Some prefer arcade racers over this style and I can understand why, sometimes they get seriously boring. Forza 4 however does a great job of stripping down what is important in this kind of game and making it near perfect. GT is a game series, but has been become stagnant and stale. Forza 4 does an amazing job of keeping the sim part in check while adding just enough new content to not feel overwhelmed. Other bright spots are visuals. Forza 3 looked good but was not on par with GT5. Forza 4 however is just as good and actually better looking in some spots. A huge upgrade from the previous game. If you are a racer fan you need to own this game! Expand
  71. Oct 13, 2011
    Amazing. Playing Forza Motorsport 3, I thought it could not get better. And Forza 4, is AMAZING! Graphics, gameplay, realism, cars, just mind-blowing. I LOVE IT!!!
  72. Oct 11, 2011
    Most feature pack racing game of all time, hands down. The Top Gear partnership is done 1000x better than GT5. Graphics are greatly improved, t10 has responded to dozens of community requests, online racing finally works, car clubs, better photos, the list goes on and on. Cars handle more realistically, and the assists are all there to fine tune the frustration out, not take out the fun.
  73. Oct 29, 2011
    best game of the series to date. The graphics are amazing, the cars work better than they did
    in fora motorsport 3 and more tracks added. This IS the best racing game EVER!
  74. Nov 9, 2011
    Best SIM racing game to date! This game has hands the best graphics of any 360 game, has the best line up of cars, the driving mechanics are great and it has Top Gear. Kinect is stupid but other than that whats not to love? 10/10 HIGH FIVE /**
  75. Nov 10, 2011
    I would have to say that this is one of the best racing games out their a great add on to the forza games. These games come out faster tha the GT games and seem to be much better sony needs to get the lead out of their butts and look at what forza is going on xbox.
  76. Nov 10, 2011
    Excellent racing game. While there hasn't been a huge leap forward from Forza 3 in terms of gameplay it's the small things that make a big difference. All the tracks look much better, all the cars sound much better and the car handling also feels much exciting as slides (both intentional and not) are more controllable. The inclusion of Top Gear challenges and larger mutiplayer grids are also welcome additions. All in all, this is the best racing game available. Expand
  77. Nov 12, 2011
    best racing sim ever. if you like this kind of games - you should get this one right away. The car sounds are amazing. everything in the game makes you wanna play it again and again! 10/10
  78. Nov 20, 2011
    Great game.. I really wondered how they could make forza 3 even better, and they did. Better driving,better sounds,more cars etc. There are still some cars i wish they had put in it for example (pulsar GTi-R, 4th gen prelude. etc) But its a great game.. Highly reccomened. I started out playing gt1,gt2,gt3,gt4.. and than switched over to forza 1, I never looked back! : ) LOVE THIS SERIES!
  79. Nov 21, 2011
    I've always liked racing games. Played most of the Gran Turismos on Playstation and Playstation2. Then I was really into the Project Gotham Racing series on the XBOX and the XBOX 360. Also enjoyed the Need for Speed series for the most part. Then I tried Forza 3 when it came out and I was hooked to the racing sim. They have made improvents for Forza 4. It is a beautiful game to look at. The cars all handle different from one another. There is a mode called Autovista where you can take a virtual tour around certain vehicles. As you are looking around the car the commentator is telling all about the particular vehicle you are looking at. I didn't think I would really care for this part of the game but I was wrong. It's very entertaining. Now I'm not a car buff so I don't tinker with all the different vehicle settings that are available to the player, I wouldn't know where to begin. But the game allows you to purchase auto presets which is easier for me. If you want to paint your car that's all there too. I looked at what some of the Forza 4 community has painted and let me tell you it's simply amazing. Check this game out. There is so much to do with it. Expand
  80. Aug 21, 2013
    I own both Forza 4 and Gran Turismo 5, everyone who plays racing games knows this 2 are the best, but i think that forza is way better than GT5, Why? We could talk about the graphics, tracks or cars, but for me is all about gameplay. Forza as superior gameplay by far, it's just a shame that dlc's are expensive, around 20$ for the Porche dlc? Come on. Turn 10 want's to gain more money with dlc's than with the actual game, or what? It's enough we got to pay to play online since it's on Xbox. In GT5 we don't pay, because Sony is cool :)
    To finish, both games have ups and downs, but Forza takes the Prize.. i don't give it a 10/10 because the Kinect support is disappointing. the player just turns, everything else is automatic, even brakes...equal to Kinect on Forza is for kids..
  81. May 13, 2014
    Great cars, great tracks, great DLC, great fun. Forza Motorsport 4 will always be a personal favourite of mine, thanks to the various categories of racing involved. Classics, tuners, GTs, LMPs an so on - there's always something for everyone to enjoy. This is the last true Forza Motorsport game that truly gave value for money.
  82. Nov 16, 2011
    Proud owner of current gen platforms, and a racing sim enthusiast, I found my grail in this generation. Longing for something as pleasing as GT3 on PS2, its been many years since I really enjoyed a racing sim - car customizing so much. I cant stop playing. King of the Hill hands down for this one, highly recommended!
  83. Oct 13, 2011
    Definite must have. Best racing game to date, especially sim. Dynamics are unmatched, physics as well. Of course it's missing a few things, night racing & weather but @60 fps you can't beat it. I'm a GT5 fan, but Forza 4 is my game of choice until the next major release.
  84. Oct 15, 2011
    Ok,ok,we have to get this out of the way..There is not a considerable leap in this edition compared to the other 3 Forza games.That doesn't mean ANYTHING bad for this franchise.Remember folks,"if it aint broke then don't fix it".There was not anything wrong with Forza 3 to begin with.It's just that we're becoming so spoiled that we just expect more,want more,demand more.To me this is the truth.As an overall game I think that there is not a better simulation racing game any where ever that is better then forza 4.It is one of the best games,in my opinion,that I have played in a very long time.There is a "but",though.Even knowing that people aren't going to like this,in my honest to God opinion I think that the straight up driving is better in GT 5.That is the only thing that is better,I think everything else was better in Forza 3 & 4.It just feels better to drive in GT5 more like real real.That,though, is nothing compared to the whole package,whole experience that Forza 4 has to offer.It's just mind blowing the stuff they have accomplished in this game.I tell you,2011 has got some of the best games that have come out in a single year,in a long time.Well great job Turn 10 you guys are just really something else!10 Expand
  85. Oct 15, 2011
    This game is a true racing game king. Online has improved incredibly also the graphics are 10/10. Headtracking with kinect works a treat along with autovista. I was stunned with the demo and im happy with the pricetag. 0/10 is stupid for a review... Buy the game its mazing
  86. Oct 13, 2011
    Amazing, not only does it strive for realism and attention to detail, but it manages to be really fun, not a lifeless sim but something with a bit of soul. For petrolheads it's a must have, I'm a motorsport nut (work in F1) I've grown up on racing games and loved the Gran Turismo series, but the latest iteration has dropped the ball, THIS is the driving game to have now, the way the cars feel and the AI add up to brilliant racing and I can see this is gonna be in the 360 for a loooong time. Now if they could just add bikes........ Expand
  87. Nov 10, 2011
    This is an amazing game and I believe its the best racing game of this generation. I own a PS3 and GT5 and have always been a fan of GT for what it is. I have also been a huge fan of Forza since the beginning. Overall, I would say Turn10 has eclipsed PD. Forza 4 is a much more enjoyable experience that GT5. While both games are decent, Forza 4 is just a better game.
  88. Nov 25, 2011
    Just an amazing game. The feel of cars on the tracks is just great. The new lighting is great. The use of Kinect to move your head while driving is great,(a little twitchy, but still great). The lose or Porsche is the only reason for the 9 instead of a full 10
  89. Feb 8, 2012
    Don't listen to the haters. Look to your left and notice how there is not a single negative of mediocre review from a proffesional source. That's because Forza 4 is the best racing game ever released. I love it and so will you. The difficulty can be scaled from very easy to very realistic and with a more than ample selection of cars that can be fully modified and painted you will not get bored quickly. The highlight of this game is that all custom paints and tuning setups can be shared online meaning so even if you suck at that sort of thing you can easily aquire the best. On the other hand if you are good you can make some game credits out of it. Don't belive all the BS about the racing experience not being realistic or engaging. I for one have spent plenty of time on the track in real life and it's good enough for me. It regularly has me on the edge of my seat and gives me the feeling that I'm controlling something with real life weight and handling. Need for speed it aint. Expand
  90. Apr 7, 2012
    Before I start to write my review, I just want to say that my review is limited to the single player career and the rivals mode since I do not have xbox live gold.
    I started playing the Forza series with FM3 Ultimate Collection but I did not have that much fun with it.
    Now because I am a really big fan of racing games in general (both sim and arcade) I tried FM4 at last years gamescom and
    what really made me buy that game was the "new" inside look of the car....yep...thats my reason to buy it....>.<
    This game just makes me play and play again. It gives me endless opportunities to tune and drive a car.
    The reward system is great and motivating and keeps making your garage bigger and bigger.
    Of course it is a bit disappointing not to see many changes from FM3.
    Many people had expectations like rain/fog/night races, full raceweekends, fuel and real racing rules and this series really seem to need them but when you are racing in the game, you will forget everything about that.
    Well..here are my problems with the game:
    First, the KI is VERY aggressive, especially because this is supposed to be a realistic game (yes it doesnt reach a rfactor or iracing blablabla), but ramming just does not belong into this kind of racing.
    Second, I have a really old TV and this, like many games do not support them too much.
    From distance it is hard to read anything on the screen but since i will have my hdmi cable to connect it with my pc screen soon, this problem will be solved.
    What I also do not like is the fact that the metric system in this game shows kW instead of HP.
    I know kW is supposed to be the new unit but for people like me who are used to HP it is really a (small) con. I tried to change to metric but then again im not used to the metric weight unit.
    WELL, enough unneeded details.
    Overall I'm loving this game.
    Can I recommend this game for people who had FM3 ? Yes
  91. Oct 15, 2012
    Absolutely worth a 10, only a 9 because of the sheer fact I played Forza 3 and all the tracks felt copy and pasted aside from the Swiss Alps race track.
  92. Nov 17, 2012
    Brilliant graphics and great game play makes this a very enjoyable and thrilling experience.Definitely one of the greatest car games I've ever played. :)
  93. Feb 27, 2013
    Honestly the best racing flagship for the Xbox360. What a fantastic game that delivers everything in this game. I'm a huge fan of racing games ever since I was little. This game proves to be worthy successor to those familiar with racing games. If you are not interested into simulation, then this is not the game for you.This game has everything to do, from driving visually beautiful tracks to just adding a fresh coat of paint of your car. The tracks are all great as they are all real, tuning is extensive such as elevating tire pressure, gear/ratio adjustments, braking to be rough or smooth to ride height, suspension levels and many more. Upgrading is unique such as changing parts, stylish rims, engine swaps, andtires for street, race, and/or drift tires.The AI in this game can be really dumb at times like when they are in the lead and they crash. You can do everything from buying any model of cars(some are DLC), auctioning them, selling of course and many more. The online is very fun and even HAS SOCCER!!!! LOL What a great game and that this game is basically endless because their are way too many challenges to complete and will take you some time to complete...BUY THIS GAME ITS WORTH YOUR MONEY!!! Expand
  94. May 31, 2013
    Well, Microsoft has created an opponent for the GT series, and i have to say, i Forza won! Why? Some people say: "F4 has arcade driving and physics, while GT..." MAN! Have you ever tried F4? Because it has a very good physics, physics like in real life. If you want to drift you have to learn first what is the best car for drift, AWD or RWD, you have to know the power of the engines and control them.
    But if you like racing you have a World Tour option, which gives you about ~30 hour gameplay, then you can take part in the Event List mode, which give you +100-150 hour gameplay. And you have the Rivals menu, where you can race against people around the world.
    F4 have multiplayer, but i don't like it, because dumb people can't take the collision off, and your opponent will knock you out like in burnout, or when you drifting and have a nice big score, somebody deliberately crash into you. I don't like multiplayer for that.
    Also, you have a local split-screen mode, you can race against your friend, but only with 2 maximum AI player :/

Anyway, i have to say this is one of the best racing game i have ever tried, and the DLC cars are coming regularly, and some car is f**king worth it, for example: Suzuki SX4 hillclimb version, Audi Quattro s1, Mazda 787b and so many other car. So if you like simulators, you have to try this!
  95. Oct 11, 2011
    Forget Gran Turismo 5, THIS is the real deal. It's simply the best racing game on consoles. Stunning graphics, gorgeous tracks and a wide variety of cars. And all of them with **** views...
  96. Oct 11, 2011
    Forza 4 truly is the definitive racing sim this gen. I thought Forza 3 was great, but Forza 4 tops it in every way. The fact that this is running on hardware made in 2005 is just amazing.
  97. Oct 11, 2011
    Everything you ever want or need from a racing game. The only thing I wished this game had were the Ehra-lessian and Nardo Ring tracks and obviously Porsche cars but that's not Turn 10's fault.
  98. Oct 11, 2011
    This is the greatest love letter to the automobile ever written. I expected a soli racing game from Turn 10 given their history of solid Forza games, but this one takes it to a whole new level. Everything you'd expect is in place. But the unexpected sense of community, the celebration of shared passion, auto-geekdom, and everything fast and loud. As an older gamer and lifetime car guy, this game scratches every single itch. Just a remarkable feat, and the enthusiasm of the devepment team really gives this game more heart than a game about inanimate objects has the right to. Forza, indeed. Expand
  99. Oct 14, 2011
    Forza Motorsport 4 is nearly a perfect game... It's designed for car enthusiasts and definitely a great sequel to one of the strongest racing franchises in existence. The graphics and sound leave little room for debate. This is as good as the old xbox360 hardware can get. If you want to see the best and most detailed cars models in this generation of consoles look no further. And I'm not just talking about the Autovista cars... EVERY car is perfectly detailed with over twice the polygon count of Forza 3. Has for the car rooster, Turn 10 obviously went for quality instead of quantity. You get over 500 cars but most of your dream cars are present and again, ALL in great detail! The tracks are superb with light effects that are jaw dropping beautiful! The track list could use a little expansion with still some great tracks being left on the bench for this iteration but the inclusion of new tracks like Hockenheimring or Infineon and the repolish of all of the previous tracks will ensure racers will have new challenges to last them. Speaking of challenges there was a lot of work put into game modes. Both singleplayer and multiplayer! A new single player campaign (world tour), new multiplayer modes including "rivals" expand the replay value of the game well beyond the 100 digit hour mark! Since we can't work with decimal spaces I'm rounding up my score to a 10 but the game does have a couple of flaws. Although I understand the technical limitations behind the exclusion of night races (it's hard for such an old hardware to render real time lighting for the headlights of 16 cars while keeping up this level of graphic quality and stable frame rate) I don't really understand why there aren't any rain effects. And while the new game modes are fun (car soccer, car bowling, mixed class races, racing through traffic, etc.) some of these modes could've been left out to include more important features such as flag rules or better pit strategy. Car model damage also hasn't seen much improvement and crashing sounds are... "funny" to say the least. But right here is the full list of negative aspects of this game, while I could keep talking about the positive aspects way beyond the 5000 character limit! Some that are worth mentioning is the increase in number of cars per race (now you can race up with 16 of your friends or enemies), car clubs is an overdue addition that fits perfectly in Forza's outstanding community! Speaking of community... I see a lot of **** about the amount of driving aids this game provides... Well.. No one is under no obligation of using driving aids... And the game gives you a lot of reasons not to use any, aside from faster times if you have no aids (unless you suck) you get crazy credit bonuses for not using any helps. But if my father, friend, brother, etc want to share my experience they can because the game scales to a level of difficulty they can work with! I think this democratization of racing games is a great way to make future fans of this genre of games and cars in general! And with the new physics engine and tire data from Pirelli experienced players (or even real life racers) can have a good and realistic challenge. Given it's not a simulator as iRacing it's as good as it gets for consoles (GT5 faboys, I'm not saying it's better then GT... I don't care about your game really...). There's a lot to be said about Forza Motorsport 4 and it's hard to fit it all here but FM4 is a worthy successor for FM3. From the graphics, sound, simulation, car list, track list to new community features, game modes, features, great top gear inclusion, and a lot more Forza 4 established its rightful title as the best racing game of this generation. You can disagree from your own personal taste but when you objectively consider all these attributes it's hard to think of any other title that can match this amazing feat. Forza Motorspot 4 is a game for everyone! From real life racing veterans looking to have some fun with multiplayer clubs, to the youngest kid just discovering how amazing a car can be in autovista! Forza 4 is a game changer and serves to show what Turn10 can do in 2 years! If not for the small negative points I mentioned this game would be perfect. So I'd give it a 9.6 and round it to 10 'cause MC doesn't let me have decimals... :( Expand

1. Nov 20, 2011
    A refinement of a fantastic game that loves cars as much as we do. The king of sim racers. [Christmas 2011, p.66]
  2. Nov 15, 2011
    About as close to the pinnacle of the racing simulation genre as you could reasonable expect to get. [Issue#78, p.72]
    Perfect drive from the very beginning to the end! Driving model is rough enough and multiplayer options are endless. If you don't have a steering wheel yet Forza 4 is the reason to get one. [Nov 2011]