8.2

1. Oct 20, 2011
    Those who gave a negative score without writing **** are GT5 fanboy Wake up! Spec 2.0 can't save that game! Forza 4 is better compare with Forza 4 in production time to quality ratio! If Turn10 has as much time as Polyphony They can create a car's matrix! and the one who give 4 and write something Check his profile He gave GT5 a 9 Get it? And those complain about rain and night racingThose who gave a negative score without writing **** are GT5 fanboy Wake up! Spec 2.0 can't save that game! Forza 4 is better compare with Forza 4 in production time to quality ratio! If Turn10 has as much time as Polyphony They can create a car's matrix! and the one who give 4 and write something Check his profile He gave GT5 a 9 Get it? And those complain about rain and night racing REMEMBER THATãâ Expand
  2. Oct 13, 2011
    Amazing, not only does it strive for realism and attention to detail, but it manages to be really fun, not a lifeless sim but something with a bit of soul. For petrolheads it's a must have, I'm a motorsport nut (work in F1) I've grown up on racing games and loved the Gran Turismo series, but the latest iteration has dropped the ball, THIS is the driving game to have now, the way the carsAmazing, not only does it strive for realism and attention to detail, but it manages to be really fun, not a lifeless sim but something with a bit of soul. For petrolheads it's a must have, I'm a motorsport nut (work in F1) I've grown up on racing games and loved the Gran Turismo series, but the latest iteration has dropped the ball, THIS is the driving game to have now, the way the cars feel and the AI add up to brilliant racing and I can see this is gonna be in the 360 for a loooong time. Now if they could just add bikes........ Expand
  3. Oct 11, 2011
    Best racing game ever? Debatable. Best racing simulation game ever? Most definitely. Forza 4 has everything a car enthusiast could ever want. Every car feels unique, drives differently, and has weight. The customization options (mostly in terms of paint) are endless. The career mode is huge with a variety of game modes to choose from. The online has a clan system that I could actually getBest racing game ever? Debatable. Best racing simulation game ever? Most definitely. Forza 4 has everything a car enthusiast could ever want. Every car feels unique, drives differently, and has weight. The customization options (mostly in terms of paint) are endless. The career mode is huge with a variety of game modes to choose from. The online has a clan system that I could actually get lost in (The Freeriders is my club name) and the game modes are more than just your regular races. Going through car auctions, trying to be the highest bidder on a rare vehicle, is loads of fun as you put your hard-earned cash on the line. The replay mode is deep and intuitive, with loads of camera customizations to choose from. Most importantly though, the graphics are FANTASTIC. Unlike Forza 3, where the cars seemed to "float" above the tracks, Forza 4 blends it all together, and the lighting effects on the cars are photo-realistic. Ignore the Gran Turismo 5 fanboys: Forza Motorsport 4 is a must buy. Expand
  4. Oct 14, 2011
    Forza 4..... I was waiting for it like a little kid waiting for it like Christmas morning.
    Did I feel like the little kid on Christmas morning?
    MOST DEFINITELY NOT! Forza 4 in my oppinion proved to be another over hyped piece of nonsense. I feel the way I do because after 4 titles in the series I'd expect to see major improvements to many aspects of the game, yet since Forza 2, Forza 4
    Did I feel like the little kid on Christmas morning?
    I feel the way I do because after 4 titles in the series I'd expect to see major improvements to many aspects of the game, yet since Forza 2, Forza 4 feels more numb and repetitve that Forza 3 did. Graphically theres some improvement ( when in a race). The cars when looked at in garage look amazing fair enough. Autovista is total SH*TE, if i want to look inside a Ferrari, Merc etc i'd just look on the internet for a better example of how the interior looks, what the engines specs are.. etc etc. Its a good idea but pointless given the fact you are limited to a predetermined selection of 20 something cars to look at, all of which are boring.
    The car manufacturers rosters are the worst they have ever been, 60% of the cars are American and about 47% of the American cars are muscle cars..... What didnt Turn 10 call it Forza American 4 or Forza Muscle 4. Turn 10 hardly bothered to expand the British, Japanese, Spanish, French or any other nations car rosters....bar the Americans and Ferrari's. What happened to Turn 10 introducing more entry level hot hatches, sport wagons, sport saloons etc etc. Instead we got a whacking of over priced hyper and exotic cars..... Who cares.... if I want to drive a Ferrari or Lambo i'll book a 48 hour test drive.
    The car modifications and tuning options are near the same as Forza 3, perhaps even less in some cases. The "simulation" aspect is a poor effort. What planet are Turn 10 on??? Is it always daylight and dry where they come from? The work Turn 10 did with Pirelli is near invisible to the point the tyre wear mechanics are Forza 3 all over again. Pirelli must have seen Turn 10 coming and thought "oh we can make some money from these mugs" The addition of a handful of new tracks is another disappointment. The sound effects are not bad, but for example telling a 2.0ltr V-Tec and a 2.5ltr flat 4 boxer engine apart is near impossible,as are many engines, its all very generic. The music is still garbage in the menus and in race mode, thank god I could turn it down. Online is well... different but the same. Clans??? who cares... if i want to race with my pals i will, im not representing nobody when i drive except me. Its me versus the opposition. Not a clan vs a clan. (CALL OF DUTY ANYONE?)
    Im sooooooooo disappointed with Forza 4, I wanted to love it and I preyed it would be fresh, exciting and feel reinvigorated. None of which happened. Such a shame.
  5. Nov 14, 2011
    If you're a fan of the Forza series, or of cars and/or car racing in general, chances are that you will love this game.

PROS: - Absolutely stunning graphics - The Autovista mode is gorgeous, it really does look as good or better than real life at times - Career mode is more engaging - Choices for reward cars make the game feel more personal, more choices mean you can either stick to a certain brand/style or hoard everything possible - Control is excellent and very responsive - The assists have more choices, allowing you to cater the difficulty level from brand new beginner to hardcore simulation player - Excellent variety of cars available, all are extremely detailed and a joy to look at - The Top Gear inclusion is excellent and Jeremy Clark adds a lot of character to the game - The Music score is good and very fitting for the game's theme

CONS: - No weather effects or night driving is a real shame - More new tracks would've been great, only a handful of new ones added on - No Porsches available due to the EA contract, really lame move from EA. The rights are said to expire later this year so hopefully that means Turn 10 can add them as DLC or what-not

Overall: This game is not only extremely enjoyable, but a work of art in terms of graphics and sounds. A must-have for car-fanatics and racing fans alike. 9.5/10 HIGHLY recommended.
  6. KBT
    Feb 13, 2012
    Although this game is up and running for months now, I still find it necessary to insert my review, because of all the skewed criticism I find here and there in the (user) score section.
    First of: the often made comparison with GT5. This is a difficult one. The AI, menu presentation, sound and music are better worked out at forza. The crucial element of an excellent racing game is the balance between arcade and sim. Turn 10 already nailed this part since part 2. In my opinion, GT5 is more of a sim in general and less arcade-oriented. A better sim would be GT5 strictly speaking. A better racing game is most definitely F4.
    The single player is much better worked out than the previous parts, so does the accumulation of car and credit earnings. One giant disadvantage is the virtual price of the most expensive cars in the game. It is almost impossible to buy a single car with the price of 10.000.000, knowing that you will earn only 10.000 of average per race. That's nuts. You can buy these at the auction house or real money (i.e. 1 euro more or less), but these are all silly alternatives. The multiplayer is really fun....when it connects. If you have a good connection, it sometimes still manages to disconnect due to.....no one knows at turn10. this happens me about twice a day during a two hours game session. Nevertheless it is the sole part of the game that keeps the disc entering the xbox after 6 months of purchase. For all the 'newbies' to racing or forza, i would say go get it..fast. for all the veterans like me, I can't suppress the feeling I got of 'more of the same.' The game has been definitely improved, but there are no radical new improvements here. Yes the autovista is nice and so does the nurburgring and the controls have been updated too, but I expected a bit more. Hence the score, not a 10 but a 9.
  7. Mar 8, 2012
    hir0 is crying about turn 10 recycling but i guessed he loves the GT5 PS2 models.I never really purchase racing sims but this was great.
  8. Nov 20, 2011
    This is my second favourite racing game of all time, behind Midnight Club 3 DUB Edition Remix. It has everything you could want in a racing game. BUT. There is hardly any cosmetic upgrades to your cars, such as spoilers or hoods. Nobody plays any other game mode on matchmaking except for quick race. I wanted to try soccer, chasy and all that out but nobody plays them. I wanted to write aThis is my second favourite racing game of all time, behind Midnight Club 3 DUB Edition Remix. It has everything you could want in a racing game. BUT. There is hardly any cosmetic upgrades to your cars, such as spoilers or hoods. Nobody plays any other game mode on matchmaking except for quick race. I wanted to try soccer, chasy and all that out but nobody plays them. I wanted to write a better review but I am in a hurry. Expand
  9. Nov 10, 2011
    Doesn't really bring anything new to the table, I don't consider the Kinect implementation to be a very impressive feature but still good for a few hours of entertainment for any car enthusiast.
  10. Nov 17, 2011
    Great Driving game, My Favourite Simulate game, a lot of fun and cars and Great Panting Options ! I had more fun then in GT5. .................................................................................
  11. Gar
    Nov 28, 2011
    So the game is really pretty much 5/5, the best racing game of the generation. Handling is sweet with a wheel, sounds are way ahead of the competition (GT5...). Ton of cars that I actually want to drive.

Here is my beef. The GENIOUSES at turn10 decided NOT to suppport the MOST POPULAR wheel for Forza, which is the 911 wheel by Fanatec. Sure the force feedback works and is brilliant, BUT...
    Did they map every single button according to the new CSR wheel? Yep. NO offical support for 911 wheels. Since the 911 wheel doesn't have an analog stick, all the functions that are mapped to that, are nonfunctional.

Want to look to your side? CSR exclusive! WHAT WHAT WHAT. How on earth are you supposed to race online seriously without looking to your sides?
    Just had a wrecker on the server and wanted to give him a bad review on Xbox Live. Too bad he was 16th and the game only shows 12 first finishers. Want to scroll down on the results list? CSR exclusive feature!

Turn10, you have an excuse for not supporting Logitech wheel (licensing for wireless technology). What is your excuse for not properly supporting my 500, FIVE HUNDRED EURO wheel which I bought 2 weeks before Forza. You have all the button mappings ready from Forza 3 and just decided "nah, lets annoy wheel owners a bit more".

If you are looking to buy a wheel for Forza, make it the CSR...Otherwise you might just think that turn10 made you throw 500+ down the drain. On top of this, the multiplayer has been bugged since day 1, no fixed after 7 weeks... Car classes F-B are full of cheaters so they are pretty much unplayable. A Dodge Super Bee is around 7-15 seconds a lap faster than non-"cheat" cars. Have the leaderboards been wiper? Nah. And they still play online as well. On top of that there have been no changes to play lists to you are stuck racing A-S class cars on the same 10 tracks, not utilizing 80% of the games content. GT5 is a way worse game, but at least the fixed the faults. Whats your excuse Turn10?
  12. Nov 17, 2012
    Brilliant graphics and great game play makes this a very enjoyable and thrilling experience.Definitely one of the greatest car games I've ever played. :)
  13. Dec 19, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Wonderful game, Microsoft nailed it with this racing game. Much better than several racing titles on the market. I hope that the next game in the franchise is in the same quality. Expand
  14. Mar 18, 2013
    Wow.... This truly is game awesome game. You can build YOUR dream car maybe even Drift, Drag, or put it on the Circuit for fun. The amazement of this game is awesome and has a awesome community in which the GT series cant bring to the table.
  15. Nov 27, 2013
    Forza 4 is brilliant, beautiful, challenging, and addicting!

Forza 4 is brilliant, beautiful, challenging, and addicting!

Over the past two years I've logged several hundred hours, and have loved every minute of it! Although there is tons of content the game offers lots of DLC too. Fortunately this installment is completely fleshed out, and I never felt the need to purchase DLC in order to have the full experience. In the long run, I actually did end up purchasing most of the car packs, but was comfortable in not being pressured to do so. As for car tokens, I never purchased any. Tokens are unnecessary (but a convenient alternative) because Forza 4's economy is well balanced an fair.
  16. Nov 20, 2011
    Great game.. I really wondered how they could make forza 3 even better, and they did. Better driving,better sounds,more cars etc. There are still some cars i wish they had put in it for example (pulsar GTi-R, 4th gen prelude. etc) But its a great game.. Highly reccomened. I started out playing gt1,gt2,gt3,gt4.. and than switched over to forza 1, I never looked back! : ) LOVE THIS SERIES!
  17. Oct 11, 2011
    With or without Porsche, Forza 4 is the greatest racing game ever. This year brings serious online racing addiction with the new online Rivals mode. You can spend HOURS in Rivals mode, beating other Forza players lap times, beating rival after rival, all while leveling up, unlocking cars, and earning in game credits. Forza 4 has an enormous amount of great content, but Rivals mode is whatWith or without Porsche, Forza 4 is the greatest racing game ever. This year brings serious online racing addiction with the new online Rivals mode. You can spend HOURS in Rivals mode, beating other Forza players lap times, beating rival after rival, all while leveling up, unlocking cars, and earning in game credits. Forza 4 has an enormous amount of great content, but Rivals mode is what takes the online racing experience to new heights. This game is a 10 out of 10, I'll surely be playing Forza 4 until the next generation console comes out. Expand
  18. Oct 12, 2011
    (almost )The perfect racing game. The biggest downside of this game is that it's not a gigantic step over Forza 3, but that's not much of a complaint. The graphics are overall superb, and though some cars in GT5 have a little more detail, the presentation in Forza remains so much more consistent that I have no problem calling it the better looking of the two. The cars in Autovista, while(almost )The perfect racing game. The biggest downside of this game is that it's not a gigantic step over Forza 3, but that's not much of a complaint. The graphics are overall superb, and though some cars in GT5 have a little more detail, the presentation in Forza remains so much more consistent that I have no problem calling it the better looking of the two. The cars in Autovista, while limited in quantity, are incredible to look through. The driving physics are still at top par, and the best you'll be getting on consoles. The damage models alone are a welcome addition going from GT. Each car handles differently, and each grade of cars are a joy to ride in their own way. I'm a huge fan of the universal credits system, which allows you to gain credits and XP for doing anything in the game. It encourages to play all styles of Forza. The club system is extremely well-designed, and it's a great way to share cool cars with friends. Lack of weather or night systems are definitely disappointing, as is the lack of the NYC track, but you'll hardly have time to miss those features with all that Forza does offer. Forza's greatest achievement is the feeling of community, allowing you to share or sell various tuning setups or car designs via XBL.

tl;dr, Forza is, in my opinion, the premier console racing series. Coming from a GT fan, Forza has usurped the throne, for now.
    If you have any interest in cars or racing, buy this game.
  19. Oct 13, 2011
    Amazing. Playing Forza Motorsport 3, I thought it could not get better. And Forza 4, is AMAZING! Graphics, gameplay, realism, cars, just mind-blowing. I LOVE IT!!!
  20. Oct 13, 2011
    Definite must have. Best racing game to date, especially sim. Dynamics are unmatched, physics as well. Of course it's missing a few things, night racing & weather but @60 fps you can't beat it. I'm a GT5 fan, but Forza 4 is my game of choice until the next major release.
  21. Oct 12, 2011
    Forza 4 is the best racing game this console generation. It beats forza 2,3 and GT5. While rally or F1 fans will be better with codemasters offerings, for a simple racing game, this is the best in gtaphics and gameplay. The cars are detailed and the cars I own ('04 Imprezza, 10 lancer evo, V12 Vantage) all look just like real life. I'm 99% sure the downward scores are ps3 fanboys ratingForza 4 is the best racing game this console generation. It beats forza 2,3 and GT5. While rally or F1 fans will be better with codemasters offerings, for a simple racing game, this is the best in gtaphics and gameplay. The cars are detailed and the cars I own ('04 Imprezza, 10 lancer evo, V12 Vantage) all look just like real life. I'm 99% sure the downward scores are ps3 fanboys rating the game down. Buy now. Expand
  22. Jun 9, 2012
    Best racing game ever.
    The handling is so good, every car feels different, and you can tell the difference if you tweak or add parts on.
    The Cars are all beautiful and all individual and theres a good mix, you will be able to find a car you love and drive with, for me it was the Ferrari 458, which isnt the quickest in its class, but handles soooo well. The tracks all very good, the new
    Best racing game ever.
    The tracks all very good, the new Alpines one is fantastic, only gripe I guess is that lack of new tracks , most recyleced from Forza 2+3.
    Multiplayer, very good. Finding games easy, lots of different cars used.
  23. Nov 21, 2011
    I've always liked racing games. Played most of the Gran Turismos on Playstation and Playstation2. Then I was really into the Project Gotham Racing series on the XBOX and the XBOX 360. Also enjoyed the Need for Speed series for the most part. Then I tried Forza 3 when it came out and I was hooked to the racing sim. They have made improvents for Forza 4. It is a beautiful game to look at.I've always liked racing games. Played most of the Gran Turismos on Playstation and Playstation2. Then I was really into the Project Gotham Racing series on the XBOX and the XBOX 360. Also enjoyed the Need for Speed series for the most part. Then I tried Forza 3 when it came out and I was hooked to the racing sim. They have made improvents for Forza 4. It is a beautiful game to look at. The cars all handle different from one another. There is a mode called Autovista where you can take a virtual tour around certain vehicles. As you are looking around the car the commentator is telling all about the particular vehicle you are looking at. I didn't think I would really care for this part of the game but I was wrong. It's very entertaining. Now I'm not a car buff so I don't tinker with all the different vehicle settings that are available to the player, I wouldn't know where to begin. But the game allows you to purchase auto presets which is easier for me. If you want to paint your car that's all there too. I looked at what some of the Forza 4 community has painted and let me tell you it's simply amazing. Check this game out. There is so much to do with it. Expand
  24. Oct 11, 2011
    Forget Gran Turismo 5, THIS is the real deal. It's simply the best racing game on consoles. Stunning graphics, gorgeous tracks and a wide variety of cars. And all of them with **** views...
  25. Oct 13, 2011
    This rapes gt5 in every aspect. I was hoping for a larger array of vehicles from Holden and ford and to be able to modify the offset of your rims - but I knew that was just wishful thinking. Overall its better than forza 3, but they're not worlds apart.
  26. Oct 13, 2011
    It's amazing what a company can do with only 2 years to work with.Gran Turismo 5 on the PS3 took 5 years in development to come up with a product that wasn't even better than the awesome Forza 3.With this game it blows the door off of what can be accomplished in such a short time.What is there not to like,there is no problems at all in this game.No flaws just brilliance.I don't considerIt's amazing what a company can do with only 2 years to work with.Gran Turismo 5 on the PS3 took 5 years in development to come up with a product that wasn't even better than the awesome Forza 3.With this game it blows the door off of what can be accomplished in such a short time.What is there not to like,there is no problems at all in this game.No flaws just brilliance.I don't consider the kinect integration a problem cause for what it is it's pretty cool and there is always updates and patches.This game has the best handling in any simulation driving game ever released,Its gorgeous,extreme depth,great presentation and a replay factor that has virtually no end.All 4 Forza games are awesome and at the time each one was put out it was at perfect timing.Well for you PS3 fan boys I'm quite sorry your stuck with a game that has 800 very pathetic looking cars and 200 that don't even come close to the amazing 500+ in this game.Great job Turn 10,you deserve your perfect 10... Expand
  27. Oct 11, 2011
    Most feature pack racing game of all time, hands down. The Top Gear partnership is done 1000x better than GT5. Graphics are greatly improved, t10 has responded to dozens of community requests, online racing finally works, car clubs, better photos, the list goes on and on. Cars handle more realistically, and the assists are all there to fine tune the frustration out, not take out the fun.
  28. Oct 13, 2011
    One of the most solid racing games to date, Forza 4 will make your jaw drop; whether from the gorgeous graphics or the tight gameplay. What doesn't Forza 4 do right? There is a hefty single player career mode that gives the user a ton of stuff to do, along with challenges inspired by Top Gear that are creative in their own right. The handling is on point, with your car feeling like itOne of the most solid racing games to date, Forza 4 will make your jaw drop; whether from the gorgeous graphics or the tight gameplay. What doesn't Forza 4 do right? There is a hefty single player career mode that gives the user a ton of stuff to do, along with challenges inspired by Top Gear that are creative in their own right. The handling is on point, with your car feeling like it has weight to it and always feeling like you have full control over the way your car handles, looks, and behaves. If you drive hard into a turn, your car will react with a slide. The cars act and drive so realistic, it will actually feel like you are driving a full size car. The cars, vistas, and tracks look very good and realistic; although I did see a few flat trees and the tire barriers aren't the most realistic. But, those are just nitpicks and you will only see them if you try pretty hard. The online play is very smooth, and it holds up really well against lag and whatnot. The game spans tons of cars, and if you are a car aficionado; your favorite car is most likely in this game. I wouldn't give this game a solid 10, but rather more like a 9.4 or 9.5. It's hard to call Forza 4 the best driving game ever made, but it might be the best simulator ever made. Turn 10, really outdid themselves and it's a good feeling to know that they are going to keep making driving games. Expand
  29. Oct 11, 2011
    Best Racing game ever made hands down...if you need to know anything more read up on the reviews. There is nothing bad to say about this. Graphics amazing, sound amazing, control amazing, replay off the charts. If you have the slightest hankering for a racing game or just to check out and tune cars in general buy this and you will be amazed. I don't even care much for cars and I love thisBest Racing game ever made hands down...if you need to know anything more read up on the reviews. There is nothing bad to say about this. Graphics amazing, sound amazing, control amazing, replay off the charts. If you have the slightest hankering for a racing game or just to check out and tune cars in general buy this and you will be amazed. I don't even care much for cars and I love this game...that tells you alot about this product! Expand
  30. Oct 11, 2011
    This is the greatest love letter to the automobile ever written. I expected a soli racing game from Turn 10 given their history of solid Forza games, but this one takes it to a whole new level. Everything you'd expect is in place. But the unexpected sense of community, the celebration of shared passion, auto-geekdom, and everything fast and loud. As an older gamer and lifetime carThis is the greatest love letter to the automobile ever written. I expected a soli racing game from Turn 10 given their history of solid Forza games, but this one takes it to a whole new level. Everything you'd expect is in place. But the unexpected sense of community, the celebration of shared passion, auto-geekdom, and everything fast and loud. As an older gamer and lifetime car guy, this game scratches every single itch. Just a remarkable feat, and the enthusiasm of the devepment team really gives this game more heart than a game about inanimate objects has the right to. Forza, indeed. Expand

1. Games Master UK
    Nov 20, 2011
    A refinement of a fantastic game that loves cars as much as we do. The king of sim racers. [Christmas 2011, p.66]
  2. X-ONE Magazine UK
    Nov 15, 2011
    About as close to the pinnacle of the racing simulation genre as you could reasonable expect to get. [Issue#78, p.72]
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Nov 15, 2011
    Perfect drive from the very beginning to the end! Driving model is rough enough and multiplayer options are endless. If you don't have a steering wheel yet Forza 4 is the reason to get one. [Nov 2011]