Forza Motorsport 4 Xbox 360

User Score
8.2

Generally favorable reviews- based on 624 Ratings

User score distribution:
  1. Negative: 64 out of 624
Buy On

Review this game

  1. Your Score
    0 out of 10
    Rate this:
    • 10
    • 9
    • 8
    • 7
    • 6
    • 5
    • 4
    • 3
    • 2
    • 1
    • 0
    • 0
  1. Submit
  2. Check Spelling
  1. Apr 17, 2017
    8
    Ce Forza 4ème du nom a sensiblement progressé sur des points importants mais a également stagné sur quelques autres, toujours les mêmes ! Ainsi, la caméra des replays qui fait encore n'importe quoi sur certains tracés, toujours à tourner et à zoomer sur la voiture comme la reine des connes. Horripilant. Toujours également le problème des unités de mesure (on se tape des miles quand on veutCe Forza 4ème du nom a sensiblement progressé sur des points importants mais a également stagné sur quelques autres, toujours les mêmes ! Ainsi, la caméra des replays qui fait encore n'importe quoi sur certains tracés, toujours à tourner et à zoomer sur la voiture comme la reine des connes. Horripilant. Toujours également le problème des unités de mesure (on se tape des miles quand on veut les chevaux et des kilowatts (!) quand on veut les km/h. Désolant ! Toujours pas de pluie, toujours pas de nuit, ne fût-ce qu'un seul circuit sur un simple contre-la-montre. Navrant !

    Et pourtant ! FM4 propose une conduite bien plus précise qu'avant, un peu plus exigeante mais toujours aussi passionnante. Le roulis est enfin présent sur certaines (vieilles) autos et contribue à un meilleur réalisme. Les bruits de moteurs sont très soignés, les voitures superbement modélisées et les graphismes profitent d'une nouvelle gestion de la lumière très convaincante même s'il a fallu en payer le prix (disparition de l'anti-crénelage !). La fluidité (60 im/s) reste toujours irréprochable heureusement. L'IA plus agressive (ou moins molle) a des réactions plus crédibles que dans les précédents FM et les dégâts cosmétiques -déjà très convaincants- ont aussi progressé même si leurs effets mécaniques sont encore trop permissifs.

    On se doit de signaler tout de même la politique abjecte consistant à retirer tout un tas de voitures initialement dans le jeu pour ne les proposer ensuite qu'en DLC ! c'est particulièrement mesquin ! idem pour les photos qu'on ne peut pas exporter sur une clé usb : il faut les envoyer sur le site officiel, ce qui est impossible quand on ne possède pas de compte Xbox Live payant.

    Intrinsèquement et faute de concurrence (ce n'est pas Gran Turismo 1-2-3-4-5-6 qui pourrait lui faire de l'ombre...) FM4 mérite bien son 8 de par son contenu et sa fine simulation, d'autant qu'avec un Fanatec GT2, le pilotage s'en trouve encore amélioré et sensiblement plus plaisant.
    Expand
  2. Oct 30, 2016
    9
    Game very beautiful, an absurd variety of cars. But there's a few details that I can not pass up. as when we go into a tunnel and the car does not turn on and everything is dark. It has many parts that the game is much clearer and other very dark side. More taking this game is perfect!
  3. May 31, 2016
    10
    After playing Forza Motorsport 5 and coming back to this in 2016, I have to say I'm very impressed. Even though I got the essentials edition (with only 320 cars instead of the 500+) this is crazy value for money in an age of microtransactions, season passes and DLC. It's not just the number of cars, but the range of them in terms of performance and variety. What makes Forza so great is itsAfter playing Forza Motorsport 5 and coming back to this in 2016, I have to say I'm very impressed. Even though I got the essentials edition (with only 320 cars instead of the 500+) this is crazy value for money in an age of microtransactions, season passes and DLC. It's not just the number of cars, but the range of them in terms of performance and variety. What makes Forza so great is its ability to represent car culture and history from various regions. Forza 4 is by far the most representative game of the Forza Motorsport series, with the most and arguably best content. It has exciting modes such as Autocross (from Project Gotham Racing), Bowling, head-to-head races amongst traffic, multi-division races amongst others as well as including a plethora of events aimed at specific manufacturers, body styles, performance categories, regions, classic rivalries and more in 26 locations around the world. For a circuit-racing simulation, this is a game with endless content thanks not only to the number of cars, tracks and career events but also to Rivals mode; which provide a variety of challenges with varying restrictions on the vehicles for those that enjoy climbing leaderboards. It's not only the amount and variety of content either, but also everything else that matters in a game like this. Visually, I dare say that despite running on ancient hardware, it still manages to look gorgeous at 1080p 60 FPS with great car models both inside and out. 1080p60 is something even modern console struggle with, so to be able to pull it off so late into the Xbox 360's lifecycle and still look modern. The interior views are a huge step up from Forza Motorsport 3, as are the exteriors from the embarrassingly cartoon-like Forza Motorsport 2. Every car has really accurate interior to a decent level of detail. Further still, there are some cars that get their own special tour in Autovista, allowing you to fully examine the car from every angle and learn more about it through commentaries. The customisation is as strong as ever, allowing you to create the wildest of designs. Performance modifications are very flexible too, with options to upgrade and also tune every aspect of any car as before. Forza is a game all about the appreciation of cars, and offers you limitless ways to make a car your own be it through performance or livery modifications. And of course there's the Top Gear track, along with some commentary by Clarkson which adds instant appeal, at least for me. The inclusion of the auction house is also noteworthy - something that was very exciting in Forza 2 to try and do up cars and sell them because of their performance or artwork - something which is missing from the latest entries. However, it is difficult to recommend the game now due to it being "end-of-lifed". You can't get the free DLC cars that were included on disc 2 anymore, but even still with the amount of cars and tracks already included in the game, there's plenty of offline content. It would take one hundreds of hours to see and do everything. So far this is the definitive Forza game in terms of content, quality and innovative features added from the previous title. It also has the best soundtrack. Combine all of that with the faultless driving mechanics, general gameplay, the straightforward money and XP system, and you have what is unquestionably the greatest car game of the generation. Expand
  4. Apr 16, 2016
    9
    This is a great game . Very many different real car . Many Ford , Many Mazda , Many Honda and other . Very good graphics and amazing gameplay . Best Xbox 360 Racing Game and best Xbox 360 Exclusive with Halo 4 , Gears of War 2 and Forza Horizon 2 . Excellent . Poor Nine of Ten . 9/10 .
  5. Apr 13, 2016
    9
    Improving what seemed unbeatable, lighting is the best ever seen on Xbox 360. The sense of speed is perfect. And the level that reaches the community drawing cars leaves a beautiful gallery. Definitely the best racing game of this generation.
  6. Nov 23, 2015
    10
    The game is just amazing. I love play this game. For me this game is amazing ! Nothing more to comment because this game is amazing ! I rate this 10/10
  7. Oct 27, 2015
    10
    I wasn't that enthusiastic about track racing games. I used to be more interested in free roam racing games such as Need for Speed and Midnight Club, but Forza 4 is a masterpiece and I have put so much time into it and yet, I still have not finished the career mode. I really like track racing games now because of Forza 4.
  8. Oct 26, 2015
    9
    Just bought Forza Motorsport 4 for Xbox 360 as a second hand buy - the graphics are pretty smooth and I love the BBC Top Gear intro accent! Groovy English. I got all excited by the Ferrari test drive to start the game, but was bombed to see that my first car was a **** Ford. Now I need to earn my way up - fun!
  9. Jun 6, 2015
    9
    Forza 4 is a game that all 360 owners should have played when it came out.The game has a stunning 500 cars,or over 600 cars if you bought all the DLC.

    The graphics are stunning.All the cars have interiors that look the exact same in-game as they do in real-life. Gameplay is where Forza 4's biggest strength lies.All the cars handle differently,meaning you need to really catch-on to
    Forza 4 is a game that all 360 owners should have played when it came out.The game has a stunning 500 cars,or over 600 cars if you bought all the DLC.

    The graphics are stunning.All the cars have interiors that look the exact same in-game as they do in real-life.

    Gameplay is where Forza 4's biggest strength lies.All the cars handle differently,meaning you need to really catch-on to the controls,and when you do Forza 4 showcases it's brilliant design.

    Top Gear is used lots in this game,with the track and numerous challenges from the show crammed into the career mode.

    Forza 4's career mode is deep and lengthy,providing lots of replay value,with it's 800+ races,with different requirements as to what cars you can use.For each time you level up until level 50,you get to pick a free car

    Overall,Forza 4 is an amazing game.
    Expand
  10. Jan 16, 2015
    10
    Whether if it's the stellar visuals and amazing A.I. or the large amount of cars to choose from and fantastic online mode, everything about this game is more than amazing.
  11. Dec 6, 2014
    8
    It's an extremely fun car game, to be specific. The game has beautiful cars and beautiful environments in which you'll find the track your about to tackle. Unlocks leave you feeling rewarded and driving around the Top Gear test track never gets old. Motorsport 4 deserves plenty of praise.
  12. Nov 19, 2014
    7
    I have never really went online with this but the single player has some issues. The computer AI is set to "extremely easy" and there is no way to increase the difficulty of the AI. You can change all the other settings to difficult like no guideline etc and still breeze through the levels. Also every map is sunny and that does get old after a while. Graphics are good. Its the kind of gameI have never really went online with this but the single player has some issues. The computer AI is set to "extremely easy" and there is no way to increase the difficulty of the AI. You can change all the other settings to difficult like no guideline etc and still breeze through the levels. Also every map is sunny and that does get old after a while. Graphics are good. Its the kind of game you play to relax before bed. 7/10 id say. I guess I should get Forza 5 now that I have the Xbox one, mabye it will be more challenging. Expand
  13. Nov 12, 2014
    10
    I absolutely loved this game.

    It was a ton better in many ways to Forza 5 other than the graphics and how the game ran.

    More tracks, cars, and a better community in general.

    I have clocked hours into this game because of how good it was. I still play it to this day.

    I would definitely recommend this for those who do not own next-gen consoles.
  14. Nov 12, 2014
    10
    GREAT game when it came out and I played it up until this year. Fantastic physics, graphics, and presentation. I love the almost endless list of cars, each with a unique "feel"!
  15. Sep 9, 2014
    5
    I really dislike the DLC policies. Taking Porsche out of the game and making it an expansion pack?! Are you **** me? Any car that looks fun- DLC. It's like FM3 with a giant patch. Like MW2 and MW3. No major difference. New tire physics. Wow. Rivals. **** "unicorns"-Wtf, turn10? I expected a lot more. But you rip people off.
  16. May 29, 2014
    9
    Graphics: 9.5 Sound: 9.0 Gameplay: 9.5 Fun/Story: 9

    A slight improvement of Forza 3. I loved to play it with Kinect or Racing Wheel. It´s a extremely well done climax of the last Forza franchise for Xbox360 (apart Horizon).
  17. May 13, 2014
    10
    Great cars, great tracks, great DLC, great fun. Forza Motorsport 4 will always be a personal favourite of mine, thanks to the various categories of racing involved. Classics, tuners, GTs, LMPs an so on - there's always something for everyone to enjoy. This is the last true Forza Motorsport game that truly gave value for money.
  18. Mar 22, 2014
    10
    "forza motorsport 4 is the most frigging amazing creation that ever lived on xbox" . i love driving games but this game is even better then just driving games
    .
  19. Nov 27, 2013
    10
    Forza 4 is brilliant, beautiful, challenging, and addicting!

    Over the past two years I've logged several hundred hours, and have loved every minute of it! Although there is tons of content the game offers lots of DLC too. Fortunately this installment is completely fleshed out, and I never felt the need to purchase DLC in order to have the full experience. In the long run, I actually
    Forza 4 is brilliant, beautiful, challenging, and addicting!

    Over the past two years I've logged several hundred hours, and have loved every minute of it! Although there is tons of content the game offers lots of DLC too. Fortunately this installment is completely fleshed out, and I never felt the need to purchase DLC in order to have the full experience. In the long run, I actually did end up purchasing most of the car packs, but was comfortable in not being pressured to do so. As for car tokens, I never purchased any. Tokens are unnecessary (but a convenient alternative) because Forza 4's economy is well balanced an fair.
    Expand
  20. Nov 18, 2013
    7
    As one would expect Forza Motor Sport 4 features an almost endless selection of tracks and cars (all of which can be fully customised) with which to play and, unlike the rather dull Gran Turismo, the vehicles can actually be damaged. There is also a decent selection of race types to mix things up although the lack of different weather types and off track events, such as rally driving, is aAs one would expect Forza Motor Sport 4 features an almost endless selection of tracks and cars (all of which can be fully customised) with which to play and, unlike the rather dull Gran Turismo, the vehicles can actually be damaged. There is also a decent selection of race types to mix things up although the lack of different weather types and off track events, such as rally driving, is a bit of a disappointment. Hopefully these issues will be sorted for the next installment but this is still the best racing sim available. Expand
  21. Oct 24, 2013
    9
    Outstanding visuals, Detailed customization, Responsive A.I., these are just some of the perks this game has to offer. with hundreds of cars to choose from to fit your play style this game will easily keep you occupied for hours on end. One of the better racing games out there.
  22. Aug 21, 2013
    9
    I own both Forza 4 and Gran Turismo 5, everyone who plays racing games knows this 2 are the best, but i think that forza is way better than GT5, Why? We could talk about the graphics, tracks or cars, but for me is all about gameplay. Forza as superior gameplay by far, it's just a shame that dlc's are expensive, around 20$ for the Porche dlc? Come on. Turn 10 want's to gain more money withI own both Forza 4 and Gran Turismo 5, everyone who plays racing games knows this 2 are the best, but i think that forza is way better than GT5, Why? We could talk about the graphics, tracks or cars, but for me is all about gameplay. Forza as superior gameplay by far, it's just a shame that dlc's are expensive, around 20$ for the Porche dlc? Come on. Turn 10 want's to gain more money with dlc's than with the actual game, or what? It's enough we got to pay to play online since it's on Xbox. In GT5 we don't pay, because Sony is cool :)
    To finish, both games have ups and downs, but Forza takes the Prize.. i don't give it a 10/10 because the Kinect support is disappointing. the player just turns, everything else is automatic, even brakes...equal to Kinect on Forza is for kids..
    Expand
  23. Aug 10, 2013
    9
    This is in my opinion THE racing game for the Xbox 360. It seems every iteration of Forza Motorsport gets better and better, while keeping the core gameplay intact. The graphics are the best I've seen in this series yet, the controls are as fluid as ever, and the selection of cars and race tracks is mind-boggling. Difficulty adjustments can be tailored to your skill level, and depending onThis is in my opinion THE racing game for the Xbox 360. It seems every iteration of Forza Motorsport gets better and better, while keeping the core gameplay intact. The graphics are the best I've seen in this series yet, the controls are as fluid as ever, and the selection of cars and race tracks is mind-boggling. Difficulty adjustments can be tailored to your skill level, and depending on how you set it you can more or fewer credits when you play, which are then used to buy upgrades for your cars and of course new cars. You can also go to auctions to buy cars from other gamers, as well as buy tuning set-ups, decals and paint jobs. Online play could do with some balancing, though. Being pitted against the fastest cars every time is just unfair. Other than that, this is one of the best racing games I've played and, without a doubt, the best racing game on the 360 in my honest opinion. Expand
  24. May 31, 2013
    10
    Well, Microsoft has created an opponent for the GT series, and i have to say, i Forza won! Why? Some people say: "F4 has arcade driving and physics, while GT..." MAN! Have you ever tried F4? Because it has a very good physics, physics like in real life. If you want to drift you have to learn first what is the best car for drift, AWD or RWD, you have to know the power of the engines andWell, Microsoft has created an opponent for the GT series, and i have to say, i Forza won! Why? Some people say: "F4 has arcade driving and physics, while GT..." MAN! Have you ever tried F4? Because it has a very good physics, physics like in real life. If you want to drift you have to learn first what is the best car for drift, AWD or RWD, you have to know the power of the engines and control them.
    But if you like racing you have a World Tour option, which gives you about ~30 hour gameplay, then you can take part in the Event List mode, which give you +100-150 hour gameplay. And you have the Rivals menu, where you can race against people around the world.
    F4 have multiplayer, but i don't like it, because dumb people can't take the collision off, and your opponent will knock you out like in burnout, or when you drifting and have a nice big score, somebody deliberately crash into you. I don't like multiplayer for that.
    Also, you have a local split-screen mode, you can race against your friend, but only with 2 maximum AI player :/

    Anyway, i have to say this is one of the best racing game i have ever tried, and the DLC cars are coming regularly, and some car is f**king worth it, for example: Suzuki SX4 hillclimb version, Audi Quattro s1, Mazda 787b and so many other car. So if you like simulators, you have to try this!
    Expand
  25. May 15, 2013
    9
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The improved visuals, the added cars on track, the wealth of new race types, the tweaked AI and closer racing, the ferocious sound and superior sense of speed, the even better livery editor, the lot. With Forza 4 Turn 10 has crafted a driving game like no other; it's hands-down this generation's premier racing simulator. Expand
  26. May 12, 2013
    6
    Probably the best racing game on Xbox 360 bar none (other than other Forza's), but to call this a simulator is like comparing the brightness of the sun to a candle. Great fun for mucking around in, though sadly this only outlines exactly the difference between PC gaming and console. I am a huge xbox 360 fan, but this game just doesn't compare to racing sims on PC. Bonus point for JeremyProbably the best racing game on Xbox 360 bar none (other than other Forza's), but to call this a simulator is like comparing the brightness of the sun to a candle. Great fun for mucking around in, though sadly this only outlines exactly the difference between PC gaming and console. I am a huge xbox 360 fan, but this game just doesn't compare to racing sims on PC. Bonus point for Jeremy Clarkson dialogue! Expand
  27. Mar 18, 2013
    10
    Wow.... This truly is game awesome game. You can build YOUR dream car maybe even Drift, Drag, or put it on the Circuit for fun. The amazement of this game is awesome and has a awesome community in which the GT series cant bring to the table.
  28. Mar 11, 2013
    6
    i have been a huge fan of the Forza series but 4 is basically a slightly upgraded Forza 3. Same old tracks, different misic, enhanced graphics but definitely feels like the same old. This series is still the simulation racing champ in my opinion but got rather stale. The mediocre score comes from the DLC. it has got to be at least over half the cars require a DLC {Day 1 DLC nonetheless}i have been a huge fan of the Forza series but 4 is basically a slightly upgraded Forza 3. Same old tracks, different misic, enhanced graphics but definitely feels like the same old. This series is still the simulation racing champ in my opinion but got rather stale. The mediocre score comes from the DLC. it has got to be at least over half the cars require a DLC {Day 1 DLC nonetheless} pack which is asinine for a simulation racer. Want any Porsche? You will have to pay for it which I found laughable. i would recommend Forza 3 over 4. Expand
  29. Feb 27, 2013
    9
    Honestly the best racing flagship for the Xbox360. What a fantastic game that delivers everything in this game. I'm a huge fan of racing games ever since I was little. This game proves to be worthy successor to those familiar with racing games. If you are not interested into simulation, then this is not the game for you.This game has everything to do, from driving visually beautiful tracksHonestly the best racing flagship for the Xbox360. What a fantastic game that delivers everything in this game. I'm a huge fan of racing games ever since I was little. This game proves to be worthy successor to those familiar with racing games. If you are not interested into simulation, then this is not the game for you.This game has everything to do, from driving visually beautiful tracks to just adding a fresh coat of paint of your car. The tracks are all great as they are all real, tuning is extensive such as elevating tire pressure, gear/ratio adjustments, braking to be rough or smooth to ride height, suspension levels and many more. Upgrading is unique such as changing parts, stylish rims, engine swaps, andtires for street, race, and/or drift tires.The AI in this game can be really dumb at times like when they are in the lead and they crash. You can do everything from buying any model of cars(some are DLC), auctioning them, selling of course and many more. The online is very fun and even HAS SOCCER!!!! LOL What a great game and that this game is basically endless because their are way too many challenges to complete and will take you some time to complete...BUY THIS GAME ITS WORTH YOUR MONEY!!! Expand
  30. Feb 16, 2013
    9
    Forza Motorsport 4 is personally my favourite racing game. Every car performs differently whether its due to your upgrades, chassis length or drivetrain. Very realistic right down to sound of the engine in all gears and to reflection of the sunlight as your driving.Single player is a blast. however I found multiplayer to be frusterating at times due to lack of care from other players notForza Motorsport 4 is personally my favourite racing game. Every car performs differently whether its due to your upgrades, chassis length or drivetrain. Very realistic right down to sound of the engine in all gears and to reflection of the sunlight as your driving.Single player is a blast. however I found multiplayer to be frusterating at times due to lack of care from other players not racing clean i.e bouncing off anything possible to get through the course) Another pet peeve is that in the VIP map pack few cars are actually worth having and VIP pass does not entitle you to all car packs. But in all great game and amazing competion online when done properly Expand
  31. Jan 31, 2013
    8
    I'm not usually a big fan of racing games, but Forza 4 is one of the best racing games I've seen and played. I played this game at a friends house and I really didn't expect much. I thought it might be a basic generic racing game. Boy was I wrong! Forza 4 has some of the best controls for a racing game and the graphics are to die for. I don't own the game this is just when I was at myI'm not usually a big fan of racing games, but Forza 4 is one of the best racing games I've seen and played. I played this game at a friends house and I really didn't expect much. I thought it might be a basic generic racing game. Boy was I wrong! Forza 4 has some of the best controls for a racing game and the graphics are to die for. I don't own the game this is just when I was at my friends house playing Forza almost none stop. Last there is like a mini campaign where you can race in many different counties. You can also rank up when you play this campaign. It is not exactly a story, but still a fun experience. I highly suggest you buy this game it will be worth your $60. Expand
  32. Jan 26, 2013
    10
    Let me start by saying, you must love actual track racing. If you do not, do not play this. I love track racing and real driving physics, so I love this game. If you are love arcade racing that's great, but do not expect this to be that. Anyway, a very fun game with endless customizing (engines, looks, etc.).
  33. Jan 20, 2013
    10
    This game deserves a far better rating than lousy 7.9! It destroys GT5 in almost every aspect and delivers one of the most realistic racing gameplay ever to be seen. Sad how a couple GT5 heros can sway the user rating.
  34. Dec 20, 2012
    9
    This one is easy, it is better than Gran Turismo in almost every way. The thing it's missing- the true power and weight of the car while you are behind the wheel. That is why GT, with all it's faults, is a 10 and this is a 9. If you combined them to make a game with GT on track and Forza everything else, you would not onl;y have the best game ever, you would have a game that MetacriticThis one is easy, it is better than Gran Turismo in almost every way. The thing it's missing- the true power and weight of the car while you are behind the wheel. That is why GT, with all it's faults, is a 10 and this is a 9. If you combined them to make a game with GT on track and Forza everything else, you would not onl;y have the best game ever, you would have a game that Metacritic would allow me to rate a 1,0000,0000,0000 out of 10. Thank you. Expand
  35. Dec 19, 2012
    9
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Wonderful game, Microsoft nailed it with this racing game. Much better than several racing titles on the market. I hope that the next game in the franchise is in the same quality. Expand
  36. Nov 24, 2012
    10
    This is the first ten I am giving to a game with several glaring flaws, and I will address these faults immediately. First, and most maddening, is the idiotic AI that has lost the ability to start a race, drive in tight formation, and recognize a passing vehicle as a solid object. Many times, while driving side by side, the computer will simply turn into me and not stopped until they areThis is the first ten I am giving to a game with several glaring flaws, and I will address these faults immediately. First, and most maddening, is the idiotic AI that has lost the ability to start a race, drive in tight formation, and recognize a passing vehicle as a solid object. Many times, while driving side by side, the computer will simply turn into me and not stopped until they are back in the race line, often to the point of pushing me right off the track. How did Forza go from a brilliant, tough, precise AI (in the hardest settings) to this?
    Second issue I have is with a bugged audio system, where engine notes will get stuck or will cut out altogether for several seconds, both of which cause havoc you shift manually in the game and rely on that engine noise.
    My third, and final issue with this game, is a delay issue I am having that is getting worse and worse the more races I complete. After a race, as you select to see your winnings, the game jams, sometimes for as much as a minute, sound and video. I've cleared the cache, I've reinstalled the game, nothing works and it's getting worse the more I complete.

    That's all the bad, and it would seem un-redeemable except for three incredible changes from Forza 3.

    First, is the most brilliant racing physics engine ever devised, period. This is especially evident when you drive older cars with skinny tires and flexible bodies. Every car is an experience and different types of cars feel more different, so driving a variety of cars becomes more rewarding.

    Second is the absolutely incredible variety of quality performance vehicles, from vintage Alfa Romeos to obscure modern supercars. Along with variety I'll also note that the car modelling seems to has also taken a large leap forward.

    Thirdly, the addition of Topgear and Topgear personality Jeremy Clarkson takes this from being another car game to being THEE car game. From Clarkson's humorous takes in Autovista, to the topgear track, to some of the included cars in the game, the quality of presentation is greatly amplified by this partnership.

    I can play no other car game without feeling that in some intangible (and sometimes very tangible) way, all other racing games have been rendered inferior.
    Expand
  37. Nov 17, 2012
    9
    Brilliant graphics and great game play makes this a very enjoyable and thrilling experience.Definitely one of the greatest car games I've ever played. :)
  38. Nov 7, 2012
    10
    Wow, Forza Motorsport 4 is, without question, the best racing game of the current (or any) generation. The handling feels incredible, the visuals are simply staggering, and the car selection is wonderful. Not only do we have the typical super cars, but the everyman's cars are also represented; I unlocked and tricked out a 1994 Celica that I just adore. It's really too bad that there is soWow, Forza Motorsport 4 is, without question, the best racing game of the current (or any) generation. The handling feels incredible, the visuals are simply staggering, and the car selection is wonderful. Not only do we have the typical super cars, but the everyman's cars are also represented; I unlocked and tricked out a 1994 Celica that I just adore. It's really too bad that there is so much DLC because each car is so lovingly recreated that it feels like tragedy to not be able to experience all the cars, and to purchase all the DLC would cost more than an additonal $50 (something a seemingly inevitable FM4 Ultimate Edition would rectify). But as it stands, FM4 is without peer in the racing genre and one of the best overall games of all time. Expand
  39. Oct 18, 2012
    9
    This is the best realistic driving simulator on the 360, if you are a car lover or a racing fan buy this game. With a ton of tracks and a **** load of cars spanning over 80 manufacturers there is a wide range of races to complete........ AMAZING !!!
  40. Oct 17, 2012
    9
    Great game, having a lot of fun trying out all the different cars and racing on all the cool looking tracks. Best racing game for a long time. Guaranteed fun. 9/10
  41. Oct 15, 2012
    9
    Absolutely worth a 10, only a 9 because of the sheer fact I played Forza 3 and all the tracks felt copy and pasted aside from the Swiss Alps race track.
  42. Jun 9, 2012
    10
    Best racing game ever.
    The handling is so good, every car feels different, and you can tell the difference if you tweak or add parts on.
    The Cars are all beautiful and all individual and theres a good mix, you will be able to find a car you love and drive with, for me it was the Ferrari 458, which isnt the quickest in its class, but handles soooo well. The tracks all very good, the new
    Best racing game ever.
    The handling is so good, every car feels different, and you can tell the difference if you tweak or add parts on.
    The Cars are all beautiful and all individual and theres a good mix, you will be able to find a car you love and drive with, for me it was the Ferrari 458, which isnt the quickest in its class, but handles soooo well.
    The tracks all very good, the new Alpines one is fantastic, only gripe I guess is that lack of new tracks , most recyleced from Forza 2+3.
    Multiplayer, very good. Finding games easy, lots of different cars used.
    Expand
  43. Jun 7, 2012
    10
    Awesome game. Thje game ships on 2 discs with 530 cars+ depending if you get VIP or not. Each month 10 new cars are released. Contrary to some of the complaints I have heard the dlc system is awesome. We get a whole lotta game on the original 2 discs and the 10 cars each month just freshen things up. I get more value for money out of each 10 car pack than I would from buying a new game soAwesome game. Thje game ships on 2 discs with 530 cars+ depending if you get VIP or not. Each month 10 new cars are released. Contrary to some of the complaints I have heard the dlc system is awesome. We get a whole lotta game on the original 2 discs and the 10 cars each month just freshen things up. I get more value for money out of each 10 car pack than I would from buying a new game so to me it saves money. Rivals mode is awesome as it provides plenty of friendly "rivalry" with friends. Highly recommended game. Expand
  44. May 27, 2012
    0
    EXACTLY! I have the Forza 4 demo, and it's good, but I'd still say that graphically GT5 wins. Gameplay..... Never mind. I'll be labeled a troll since I'm on a PS3 site. I'll leave that alone. lol Wait, no I won't. Forza 3 was better than GT5, so IF Forza 4 is to be better than 3, then you can imagine.
  45. May 10, 2012
    10
    Absolutely Brilliant!! The Graphics Are Stunning, The Gameplay Is Next To Perfect and Online Play Never Gets Old. The Cars Are 99% The Real Thing and The Tracks Have Almost Every Bump and Crack As In Real Life. This Will Be An Addicting Game If You Play It For More Than 2 Hours When You First Put It In, So Watch Out.
  46. Apr 9, 2012
    4
    Awful Single player for experienced players and absolutely stealing methods with DLC cars like Alfa Romeo Giulietta that they were ready before launch but you had to pay for them!! They did not manage to give players the choice for measure units (??!!) In the next Forza they should respect more their buyers. I really feel cheated... I played the game for just some weeks and returned to Forza 3.
  47. Apr 7, 2012
    10
    Before I start to write my review, I just want to say that my review is limited to the single player career and the rivals mode since I do not have xbox live gold.
    I started playing the Forza series with FM3 Ultimate Collection but I did not have that much fun with it.
    Now because I am a really big fan of racing games in general (both sim and arcade) I tried FM4 at last years gamescom and
    Before I start to write my review, I just want to say that my review is limited to the single player career and the rivals mode since I do not have xbox live gold.
    I started playing the Forza series with FM3 Ultimate Collection but I did not have that much fun with it.
    Now because I am a really big fan of racing games in general (both sim and arcade) I tried FM4 at last years gamescom and what really made me buy that game was the "new" inside look of the car....yep...thats my reason to buy it....>.<
    This game just makes me play and play again. It gives me endless opportunities to tune and drive a car.
    The reward system is great and motivating and keeps making your garage bigger and bigger.
    Of course it is a bit disappointing not to see many changes from FM3.
    Many people had expectations like rain/fog/night races, full raceweekends, fuel and real racing rules and this series really seem to need them but when you are racing in the game, you will forget everything about that.
    Well..here are my problems with the game:
    First, the KI is VERY aggressive, especially because this is supposed to be a realistic game (yes it doesnt reach a rfactor or iracing blablabla), but ramming just does not belong into this kind of racing.
    Second, I have a really old TV and this, like many games do not support them too much.
    From distance it is hard to read anything on the screen but since i will have my hdmi cable to connect it with my pc screen soon, this problem will be solved.
    What I also do not like is the fact that the metric system in this game shows kW instead of HP.
    I know kW is supposed to be the new unit but for people like me who are used to HP it is really a (small) con. I tried to change to metric but then again im not used to the metric weight unit.
    WELL, enough unneeded details.
    Overall I'm loving this game.
    Can I recommend this game for people who had FM3 ? Yes
    Expand
  48. Apr 6, 2012
    9
    This game is great! The number one thing that comes to my mind when reviewing this game is...VALUE. Wow! There are a tone of cars and tracks and they look better than ever! Although its not a huge change over 3, it is better in every way. The AI is especially improved as Forza 3 felt way too easy or too hard. This is a must buy for anyone looking to sink hours upon hours leveling up andThis game is great! The number one thing that comes to my mind when reviewing this game is...VALUE. Wow! There are a tone of cars and tracks and they look better than ever! Although its not a huge change over 3, it is better in every way. The AI is especially improved as Forza 3 felt way too easy or too hard. This is a must buy for anyone looking to sink hours upon hours leveling up and building your car collection. Expand
  49. Mar 23, 2012
    10
    What an elegant game, from graphics to details gameplay. Let's forget about the weather condition, day or night, 'cause they are no more important for the marvelous performance of Forza Motorsport 4. Even the non-enthusiast of racing game like me just easily fall in love with this game, I have to reckon that I can spend endless hours behind the wheel driver and enjoy countless race. So farWhat an elegant game, from graphics to details gameplay. Let's forget about the weather condition, day or night, 'cause they are no more important for the marvelous performance of Forza Motorsport 4. Even the non-enthusiast of racing game like me just easily fall in love with this game, I have to reckon that I can spend endless hours behind the wheel driver and enjoy countless race. So far I cannot recommend any better racing game than this masterpiece Expand
  50. Mar 8, 2012
    9
    hir0 is crying about turn 10 recycling but i guessed he loves the GT5 PS2 models.I never really purchase racing sims but this was great.
  51. Feb 26, 2012
    10
    A Great Game!! Looks great, the best looking racing game out there! Incredibly fun. Everything about this game in nearly flawless! The Kinect functionality was pretty cool! Hands down one of the best racing games out there! A must buy game! The online community is fantastic, and overall this game is a complete package!
  52. Feb 18, 2012
    6
    I bought Forza 3 and absolutely loved it. I didn't really play much of the season play and played more from the event list and online. I loved Forza 3 so much I pre-ordered the Forza 4 Limited Collectors Edition which sounded fantastic. The book which you get with it is exactly the same as what is said in Autovista mode which is a waste of money as people with the normal edition get toI bought Forza 3 and absolutely loved it. I didn't really play much of the season play and played more from the event list and online. I loved Forza 3 so much I pre-ordered the Forza 4 Limited Collectors Edition which sounded fantastic. The book which you get with it is exactly the same as what is said in Autovista mode which is a waste of money as people with the normal edition get to hear the exact same thing as what you are reading. In Forza 4 I enjoyed World Tour for the first 6 seasons then it began to get boring with the same tracks over and over again. I found the event list less appealing the Forza 3 and I also thought that taking away endurance races was a bad thing. Onto the online, a stepdown from Forza 3. On Forza 3, me and my friends could play for hours and loved it. The new tracks are great but they also took away some much loved circuits. I love the Matmut Oreca and think it is the best car in the entire game however when I am driving on simulation damage in Forza 4 you flip and cannot flip back over. Fair enough this is more realistic however we like damage but not so much as when we are in a 1 hour race and our time has been completely wasted. This means we can drive less on the edge and less aggressive which I like to go all out knowing that I wont just flip over a curve. It is good if you never had Forza 3, perhaps the best racing game you will play but if you have played Forza 3 then this game doesn't even feel like Forza 3.5, more like Forza 3.1. Expand
  53. KBT
    Feb 13, 2012
    9
    Although this game is up and running for months now, I still find it necessary to insert my review, because of all the skewed criticism I find here and there in the (user) score section.
    First of: the often made comparison with GT5. This is a difficult one. The AI, menu presentation, sound and music are better worked out at forza. The crucial element of an excellent racing game is the
    Although this game is up and running for months now, I still find it necessary to insert my review, because of all the skewed criticism I find here and there in the (user) score section.
    First of: the often made comparison with GT5. This is a difficult one. The AI, menu presentation, sound and music are better worked out at forza. The crucial element of an excellent racing game is the balance between arcade and sim. Turn 10 already nailed this part since part 2. In my opinion, GT5 is more of a sim in general and less arcade-oriented. A better sim would be GT5 strictly speaking. A better racing game is most definitely F4.
    The single player is much better worked out than the previous parts, so does the accumulation of car and credit earnings. One giant disadvantage is the virtual price of the most expensive cars in the game. It is almost impossible to buy a single car with the price of 10.000.000, knowing that you will earn only 10.000 of average per race. That's nuts. You can buy these at the auction house or real money (i.e. 1 euro more or less), but these are all silly alternatives. The multiplayer is really fun....when it connects. If you have a good connection, it sometimes still manages to disconnect due to.....no one knows at turn10. this happens me about twice a day during a two hours game session. Nevertheless it is the sole part of the game that keeps the disc entering the xbox after 6 months of purchase. For all the 'newbies' to racing or forza, i would say go get it..fast. for all the veterans like me, I can't suppress the feeling I got of 'more of the same.' The game has been definitely improved, but there are no radical new improvements here. Yes the autovista is nice and so does the nurburgring and the controls have been updated too, but I expected a bit more. Hence the score, not a 10 but a 9.
    Expand
  54. Feb 8, 2012
    10
    Don't listen to the haters. Look to your left and notice how there is not a single negative of mediocre review from a proffesional source. That's because Forza 4 is the best racing game ever released. I love it and so will you. The difficulty can be scaled from very easy to very realistic and with a more than ample selection of cars that can be fully modified and painted you will not getDon't listen to the haters. Look to your left and notice how there is not a single negative of mediocre review from a proffesional source. That's because Forza 4 is the best racing game ever released. I love it and so will you. The difficulty can be scaled from very easy to very realistic and with a more than ample selection of cars that can be fully modified and painted you will not get bored quickly. The highlight of this game is that all custom paints and tuning setups can be shared online meaning so even if you suck at that sort of thing you can easily aquire the best. On the other hand if you are good you can make some game credits out of it. Don't belive all the BS about the racing experience not being realistic or engaging. I for one have spent plenty of time on the track in real life and it's good enough for me. It regularly has me on the edge of my seat and gives me the feeling that I'm controlling something with real life weight and handling. Need for speed it aint. Expand
  55. Jan 22, 2012
    5
    Forza Motorsport 4 is fun, but it is a racing game intended for casual racing fans and children.
    Even with many of the driving assists turned off, the game fails to deliver the white-knuckle moments that a superior racing game like Formula 1 2011 provides.
    Forza has a broad selection of cars and it's graphics are pleasing. The game also includes a number of tracks that provide a great
    Forza Motorsport 4 is fun, but it is a racing game intended for casual racing fans and children.
    Even with many of the driving assists turned off, the game fails to deliver the white-knuckle moments that a superior racing game like Formula 1 2011 provides.
    Forza has a broad selection of cars and it's graphics are pleasing. The game also includes a number of tracks that provide a great sense of fulfillment to racing fans who would otherwise never get the opportunity to take a lap around the treacherous Nurburgring Nordschleife. Still, the variety of tracks could have been improved and some of the fantasy tracks feel like a poor attempt to replicate Monaco or Daytona. Perhaps Forza's biggest flaw is its inability to deliver a consistent racing experience. The AI is often often unpredictable - as it should be - but it's unpredictably bad. The developers of this game seem to have no regard for racing etiquette as I've often found myself executing straight-a-way passes, only to be rammed in a cheap shot by an AI driver.
    My next complaint with the game has little to do with the the developers, but it is still a notable complaint for those looking to buy a racing simulator. If you're like me, you buy Forza (or any other racing or sports game for that matter) for the game's online play. Unfortunately, the online play in Forza is ruined by many of the people who play it. It's nearly impossible to get through the first turn without being intentionally spun. Very few people who plays Forza online are actually interested in racing and the skill that goes into overtaking. Instead, the vast majority of Forza's online community are interested in turning races into a high-speed demolition derby. I'm an avid fan of Formula 1, IndyCar and NASCAR so I understand that collisions are a part of racing. But for god's sake, wrecking a person is not the only means to completing a pass.
    Though Codemasters' Formula 1 series is relatively young, I strongly recommend it for racing fans who are interested in more than hot rides and wrecking. Formula 1 2011's online community is top-notch and the game can be made as technical or arcade-like as the user desires.
    Expand
  56. Jan 9, 2012
    4
    Very unsatisfied by this game. It was a let down to me being a forza fan, playing Forza 1 until 2am enjoying do i enjoy this. I plan and simply didn't like this one because of 2 main reason. 1 The singleplayer AI is way too easy and you cant adjust it to make it harder. 2 its is way to simple to have a cheap powerful car for no cost. Why is is bad? Well if you use a specific car brand toVery unsatisfied by this game. It was a let down to me being a forza fan, playing Forza 1 until 2am enjoying do i enjoy this. I plan and simply didn't like this one because of 2 main reason. 1 The singleplayer AI is way too easy and you cant adjust it to make it harder. 2 its is way to simple to have a cheap powerful car for no cost. Why is is bad? Well if you use a specific car brand to lv5 you get huge money bonuses and no cost what so ever, to me it takes the fun of upgrading my car, its hard to say it just that it doesn't feel natural and i think it is a wrong turn for the game. Expand
  57. Jan 8, 2012
    10
    The best racing game since the original Gran Turismo, and one of the three best games--of any genre--that I played last year. Quite simply, this game is fantastic.
  58. Jan 2, 2012
    9
    This was one of my most anticipated games when I heard about it at the beginning of 2011. What I got was exactly what I've always wanted. For many years, I wanted a game that mixed simulation racing with the customization of Need for Speed. Now, of course, the car customization isn't as in depth as Need for Speed, but it's better than Gran Turismo. The cars all handle and sound differentThis was one of my most anticipated games when I heard about it at the beginning of 2011. What I got was exactly what I've always wanted. For many years, I wanted a game that mixed simulation racing with the customization of Need for Speed. Now, of course, the car customization isn't as in depth as Need for Speed, but it's better than Gran Turismo. The cars all handle and sound different from each other, and with over 500 cars, there are more than enough to keep you busy. The only reason that it doesn't get a 10, is because of the bad music. That's it; sure, it doesn't have night racing or weather effects, but thats a small price to pay for all the tracks and cars you get to play around with. This game will keep you entertained for months, just what I hope it will do for me. Expand
  59. Dec 27, 2011
    9
    The best racing game I ever played, beat GT5 at all. Great in every way, but Kinect ..... Epic Fail Microsoft. The device only served to get the achievement but to play, was not able to reproduce the feeling of driving.
  60. Dec 26, 2011
    8
    No racing game is perfect. But F4 is probably the best all-rounder out there currently. Its more accessible and easier to get into than GT5. Graphics may not look as good, and it certainly has its rough edges, but overall its fun to play, no matter your gaming expertise. Commentary from BBC Top Gear's Jeremy Clarkson is funny, but a much more minor point to the game than I originallyNo racing game is perfect. But F4 is probably the best all-rounder out there currently. Its more accessible and easier to get into than GT5. Graphics may not look as good, and it certainly has its rough edges, but overall its fun to play, no matter your gaming expertise. Commentary from BBC Top Gear's Jeremy Clarkson is funny, but a much more minor point to the game than I originally thought. Car selection is all the standard supercars out of the box. With a few oddities thrown in. All the fun stuff comes in DLC form. Which isn't as bad as it sounds. Car packs are released every month, and each one so far (Dec 2011) has been a mix of supercars and useless fun cars.
    Worth it if you aren't a hardcore GT fan, or if you just want a good racing game for the 360. If you have F3, you may want to pass. Its not much of an upgrade.
    Expand
  61. Dec 23, 2011
    10
    Best racing game out there, I'm not really a fan of the genre but i have played quite a few, the game is highly accessible yet incredibly detailed, it just keeps getting better and better, if you're a car fan or are curious about racing games this is a must buy.
  62. Dec 18, 2011
    10
    I'll be honest, i am slightly biased towards the Forza franchise. But for good reason, it's simply a phenomenal series. It has the perfect balance of sim and arcade, not as hardcore as GT5, while not as ridiculous as Need For Speed. This game is the same situation. The graphics are better, the physics more realistic, and the car and track list more vast. This game is fun, it has next to noI'll be honest, i am slightly biased towards the Forza franchise. But for good reason, it's simply a phenomenal series. It has the perfect balance of sim and arcade, not as hardcore as GT5, while not as ridiculous as Need For Speed. This game is the same situation. The graphics are better, the physics more realistic, and the car and track list more vast. This game is fun, it has next to no bugs, and there are just so many features that are offered. The ability to start a car club with all your friends is fantastic. Also, (although not a big part of the game) Autovista is a fantastic feature, that is fresh, and a great way to learn more about a specific car. As usual, all of what Forza was known for is still there, and all this game does is build on it. Yes, it's arguable that this is just Forza 3.5, but is that really a bad thing? Expand
  63. Dec 15, 2011
    9
    Great graphics, 60fps feels good, Amazing audio, and good driving feel, i enjoyed this game too much. Felt much more superior than gran turismo 5. Great great game
  64. Dec 10, 2011
    9
    Hats off to the developer for an awesome game.. detailed, Visually exciting and a pleasure for the car enthusiast. Driving Difficulty can be scaled so you can play it as a racing sim or an arcade style racer.. nice job
  65. Dec 8, 2011
    6
    Very cool gameplay
    but I'm a casual gamer and dont have the time or energy to go through all the levels to get a dinky car upgrade. I paid $$$ for it because I saw the cool Ferraris and Porsche's in the covers- and now I need to spend a lifetime getting points with a Ford Focus and Beetle. c'mon
  66. Nov 29, 2011
    9
    an excellent game, forza 3 was good but this blew me away, graphics are great, a vast array of cars spanning decades and difficulty to cater for all, everybody giving it a bad result because of porsche blame ea anyway the leveling up is much better as you can choose between a few cars instead of being forced one this includes dlc cars if you have them and affinity to car makers is good asan excellent game, forza 3 was good but this blew me away, graphics are great, a vast array of cars spanning decades and difficulty to cater for all, everybody giving it a bad result because of porsche blame ea anyway the leveling up is much better as you can choose between a few cars instead of being forced one this includes dlc cars if you have them and affinity to car makers is good as you can upgrade cars for free thus meaning money can be spent on increasing your garage, all cars handle quite well, taking an m5 round a track is a lot different than say an f430 only things that let it down are the limited number of tracks and the very low level cap which most people can reach within a month of playing other than that excellent Expand
  67. Gar
    Nov 28, 2011
    7
    So the game is really pretty much 5/5, the best racing game of the generation. Handling is sweet with a wheel, sounds are way ahead of the competition (GT5...). Ton of cars that I actually want to drive.

    Here is my beef. The GENIOUSES at turn10 decided NOT to suppport the MOST POPULAR wheel for Forza, which is the 911 wheel by Fanatec. Sure the force feedback works and is brilliant,
    So the game is really pretty much 5/5, the best racing game of the generation. Handling is sweet with a wheel, sounds are way ahead of the competition (GT5...). Ton of cars that I actually want to drive.

    Here is my beef. The GENIOUSES at turn10 decided NOT to suppport the MOST POPULAR wheel for Forza, which is the 911 wheel by Fanatec. Sure the force feedback works and is brilliant, BUT...
    Did they map every single button according to the new CSR wheel? Yep. NO offical support for 911 wheels. Since the 911 wheel doesn't have an analog stick, all the functions that are mapped to that, are nonfunctional.

    Want to look to your side? CSR exclusive! WHAT WHAT WHAT. How on earth are you supposed to race online seriously without looking to your sides?
    Just had a wrecker on the server and wanted to give him a bad review on Xbox Live. Too bad he was 16th and the game only shows 12 first finishers. Want to scroll down on the results list? CSR exclusive feature!

    Turn10, you have an excuse for not supporting Logitech wheel (licensing for wireless technology). What is your excuse for not properly supporting my 500, FIVE HUNDRED EURO wheel which I bought 2 weeks before Forza. You have all the button mappings ready from Forza 3 and just decided "nah, lets annoy wheel owners a bit more".

    If you are looking to buy a wheel for Forza, make it the CSR...Otherwise you might just think that turn10 made you throw 500+ down the drain. On top of this, the multiplayer has been bugged since day 1, no fixed after 7 weeks... Car classes F-B are full of cheaters so they are pretty much unplayable. A Dodge Super Bee is around 7-15 seconds a lap faster than non-"cheat" cars. Have the leaderboards been wiper? Nah. And they still play online as well. On top of that there have been no changes to play lists to you are stuck racing A-S class cars on the same 10 tracks, not utilizing 80% of the games content. GT5 is a way worse game, but at least the fixed the faults. Whats your excuse Turn10?
    Expand
  68. Nov 28, 2011
    9
    I am a huge fan of Forza & Grand Turismo and usually I cannot see enough of a difference between the two to merit one being way better then another. However with Forza 4 I do think that it has taken over the title from GT as the best sim racer. This kind of racer is an acquired taste. Some prefer arcade racers over this style and I can understand why, sometimes they get seriously boring.I am a huge fan of Forza & Grand Turismo and usually I cannot see enough of a difference between the two to merit one being way better then another. However with Forza 4 I do think that it has taken over the title from GT as the best sim racer. This kind of racer is an acquired taste. Some prefer arcade racers over this style and I can understand why, sometimes they get seriously boring. Forza 4 however does a great job of stripping down what is important in this kind of game and making it near perfect. GT is a game series, but has been become stagnant and stale. Forza 4 does an amazing job of keeping the sim part in check while adding just enough new content to not feel overwhelmed. Other bright spots are visuals. Forza 3 looked good but was not on par with GT5. Forza 4 however is just as good and actually better looking in some spots. A huge upgrade from the previous game. If you are a racer fan you need to own this game! Expand
  69. Nov 27, 2011
    8
    Forza 4 is amazing, no doubt about it. The graphics are great and I am pretty surprised that it can maintain a good frame rate. However, the layout of Forza 3 needed a little 'modern' upgrade. Yes, the colors are now darker and more professional, but the menu design is pretty much the same. The world tour (campaign) however has been massively improved, such as the satellite images of theForza 4 is amazing, no doubt about it. The graphics are great and I am pretty surprised that it can maintain a good frame rate. However, the layout of Forza 3 needed a little 'modern' upgrade. Yes, the colors are now darker and more professional, but the menu design is pretty much the same. The world tour (campaign) however has been massively improved, such as the satellite images of the tracks, and the ability to choose what event you want to do. Mostly, the game has been improved, but it still seemed to shy away from the modern feel of other racing games. Great game! Expand
  70. Nov 25, 2011
    9
    Just an amazing game. The feel of cars on the tracks is just great. The new lighting is great. The use of Kinect to move your head while driving is great,(a little twitchy, but still great). The lose or Porsche is the only reason for the 9 instead of a full 10
  71. Nov 25, 2011
    10
    Excelent game, god drive experience, la verdad me gusto mucho, creo que es mejor que grand Turismo, muy bien por este juego lo recomiendo ampliamente..
  72. Nov 23, 2011
    6
    Forza 4 is more like.... Forza 3.5. Not many changes since last game of the series. Few track additions, same boring grinding career mode. Car physics have not improved much either. At least Turn10 kept the positive aspects of the previous game untouched, but this does not justify #4 on the Forza title.
  73. Nov 21, 2011
    10
    I've always liked racing games. Played most of the Gran Turismos on Playstation and Playstation2. Then I was really into the Project Gotham Racing series on the XBOX and the XBOX 360. Also enjoyed the Need for Speed series for the most part. Then I tried Forza 3 when it came out and I was hooked to the racing sim. They have made improvents for Forza 4. It is a beautiful game to look at.I've always liked racing games. Played most of the Gran Turismos on Playstation and Playstation2. Then I was really into the Project Gotham Racing series on the XBOX and the XBOX 360. Also enjoyed the Need for Speed series for the most part. Then I tried Forza 3 when it came out and I was hooked to the racing sim. They have made improvents for Forza 4. It is a beautiful game to look at. The cars all handle different from one another. There is a mode called Autovista where you can take a virtual tour around certain vehicles. As you are looking around the car the commentator is telling all about the particular vehicle you are looking at. I didn't think I would really care for this part of the game but I was wrong. It's very entertaining. Now I'm not a car buff so I don't tinker with all the different vehicle settings that are available to the player, I wouldn't know where to begin. But the game allows you to purchase auto presets which is easier for me. If you want to paint your car that's all there too. I looked at what some of the Forza 4 community has painted and let me tell you it's simply amazing. Check this game out. There is so much to do with it. Expand
  74. Nov 21, 2011
    8
    There are things missing in this game, no doubt; a little bit of weather, some new tracks, racing at night, better matchmaking online are the main ones I can think of. But still this game is the pinnacle of motor racing on any console. The quality of the graphics is unsurpassed, the detail in the racing itself is staggering and there is a huge amount of cars and places to race. ThisThere are things missing in this game, no doubt; a little bit of weather, some new tracks, racing at night, better matchmaking online are the main ones I can think of. But still this game is the pinnacle of motor racing on any console. The quality of the graphics is unsurpassed, the detail in the racing itself is staggering and there is a huge amount of cars and places to race. This might be Forza 3.5 - but that's what I wanted. Expand
  75. Nov 20, 2011
    7
    Forza 4 exemplifies that this is THE ultimate driving simulator. Realism takes the front seat and really is enough to sell the game by itself. Unfortunately however, once you get past the shiny new coat of realism it is essentially Forza 3 with a confusing, yet inspired Top Gear cameo. The career mode still fails to get you interested which is disappointing. Car fanatics will ignore theForza 4 exemplifies that this is THE ultimate driving simulator. Realism takes the front seat and really is enough to sell the game by itself. Unfortunately however, once you get past the shiny new coat of realism it is essentially Forza 3 with a confusing, yet inspired Top Gear cameo. The career mode still fails to get you interested which is disappointing. Car fanatics will ignore the negatives and perhaps for good reason as this game is highly enjoyable in short stints and moreso with friends. Expand
  76. Nov 20, 2011
    10
    Great game.. I really wondered how they could make forza 3 even better, and they did. Better driving,better sounds,more cars etc. There are still some cars i wish they had put in it for example (pulsar GTi-R, 4th gen prelude. etc) But its a great game.. Highly reccomened. I started out playing gt1,gt2,gt3,gt4.. and than switched over to forza 1, I never looked back! : ) LOVE THIS SERIES!
  77. Nov 20, 2011
    9
    This is my second favourite racing game of all time, behind Midnight Club 3 DUB Edition Remix. It has everything you could want in a racing game. BUT. There is hardly any cosmetic upgrades to your cars, such as spoilers or hoods. Nobody plays any other game mode on matchmaking except for quick race. I wanted to try soccer, chasy and all that out but nobody plays them. I wanted to write aThis is my second favourite racing game of all time, behind Midnight Club 3 DUB Edition Remix. It has everything you could want in a racing game. BUT. There is hardly any cosmetic upgrades to your cars, such as spoilers or hoods. Nobody plays any other game mode on matchmaking except for quick race. I wanted to try soccer, chasy and all that out but nobody plays them. I wanted to write a better review but I am in a hurry. Expand
  78. Nov 17, 2011
    9
    Great Driving game, My Favourite Simulate game, a lot of fun and cars and Great Panting Options ! I had more fun then in GT5. .................................................................................
  79. Nov 16, 2011
    8
    I love this game, its fun and entertaining and you get level up and earn money really fast. thats the problem, im currently Lv 10 and got 150,000 Cr. in FM3 i had like 30,000. the credits is still worth the same amount of value so you wont have a problem of ranking up. i also like kinect support, it makes it relly easy to navigate the menues using your voice. If you dont have a kinect itsI love this game, its fun and entertaining and you get level up and earn money really fast. thats the problem, im currently Lv 10 and got 150,000 Cr. in FM3 i had like 30,000. the credits is still worth the same amount of value so you wont have a problem of ranking up. i also like kinect support, it makes it relly easy to navigate the menues using your voice. If you dont have a kinect its not a problem, just use your controller. the graphics are nicer than ever and the cars are beatiful. In Short + Awesome Graphics + Beatifull cars and tracks + Finally a good kinect support
    - To easy to level up - Repitive music (it seems like its same song over and over)
    Expand
  80. Nov 16, 2011
    9
    This is a terrific game with its main limitation IMO being the 360 itself because it is so dated. Their goal was to have a constant 60 fps and they accomplished that goal, sacrificing weather and night time effects to do so. To those complaining about the cars, I don't know what there is to complain about we have 500 cars at our disposal. That is enough for me. Although there are aThis is a terrific game with its main limitation IMO being the 360 itself because it is so dated. Their goal was to have a constant 60 fps and they accomplished that goal, sacrificing weather and night time effects to do so. To those complaining about the cars, I don't know what there is to complain about we have 500 cars at our disposal. That is enough for me. Although there are a LOT of muscle cars...The physics are good, with the new tire model making a terrifically realistic feel. Expand
  81. Nov 16, 2011
    8
    Overall the game really isnt bad. Good listing of cars, that'll be growing with DLC later. I feel there could have been a few more tracks on it. I really enjoy the way the car feels in this one, compared to Forza 3. It seems to be more lifelike with the car shifting and all. My biggest complaint about the game is the AI. It is just aweful. It's like they are on a line, and will not moveOverall the game really isnt bad. Good listing of cars, that'll be growing with DLC later. I feel there could have been a few more tracks on it. I really enjoy the way the car feels in this one, compared to Forza 3. It seems to be more lifelike with the car shifting and all. My biggest complaint about the game is the AI. It is just aweful. It's like they are on a line, and will not move off of it, even if it means pushing you off the course. Expand
  82. Nov 16, 2011
    10
    Proud owner of current gen platforms, and a racing sim enthusiast, I found my grail in this generation. Longing for something as pleasing as GT3 on PS2, its been many years since I really enjoyed a racing sim - car customizing so much. I cant stop playing. King of the Hill hands down for this one, highly recommended!
  83. Nov 15, 2011
    10
    lol, oh god, what is it with xbox 360 games starting to become more and more generic, Fable 3, Gears of War 3. Forza 4 is an expansion pack, updated graphics, but has maps that look the same as Forza 3, gameplay that feels the same. Highly reccomend you wait till the price drops to $15-20. Might be worth it then.
  84. Nov 15, 2011
    9
    The Forza series series is good at what it is. A racing simulator. In that it excels, it is easy to jump right in and race. New players will take only very little time to adjust to the style, while veterans can jump right in. Buy this game if you want a realistic racing experience, NOT if you want to buy a racing game. The wide variety of cars and locations will awe you, and the newThe Forza series series is good at what it is. A racing simulator. In that it excels, it is easy to jump right in and race. New players will take only very little time to adjust to the style, while veterans can jump right in. Buy this game if you want a realistic racing experience, NOT if you want to buy a racing game. The wide variety of cars and locations will awe you, and the new autovista mode is a great way to look at amazing cars. Expand
  85. Nov 15, 2011
    9
    I would like to start off by saying that the first racing sim that I had ever played was GT3 for the Playstation 2. I will always have a place in my heart for that game for it was one of the best racing games that I'd ever played. That is until I bought an Xbox and bought the original FORZA MOTORSPORT. Ever since that day I have been a FORZA fan. Although I have been playing FORZA 2 sinceI would like to start off by saying that the first racing sim that I had ever played was GT3 for the Playstation 2. I will always have a place in my heart for that game for it was one of the best racing games that I'd ever played. That is until I bought an Xbox and bought the original FORZA MOTORSPORT. Ever since that day I have been a FORZA fan. Although I have been playing FORZA 2 since the day it came out casually for the last couple of years, I had skipped FORZA 3 not wanting to get another FORZA game until I had completed #2. But a free gift card from a popular seller plus the fact that I had already purchased BATTLEFIELD 3, led me to think I needed now to upgrade my favorite racing game. I am really glad I did. FORZA 4 exceeds all my wildest expectations for this franchise and I am having a blast playing it. The graphics are top notch even with this current generations hardware becoming a little long in the tooth. The sound is incredible and the car selection has a nice mix of European, American, Japanese, Etc. I also love the added bonus of running through some of the TOP GEAR challenges as that show has become, very recently, one of my favorites. All I can say is that I wholeheartedly recommend this game to any racing fan or car aficionado. Your dollars will be well spent by giving this game a try. Expand
  86. Nov 14, 2011
    8
    This is a great game and the only racing game I play (I usually don't enjoy them). The graphics are stunning especially on a 55" plasma TV. The main single player racing component is addicting a lot of fun. Online is a bit more sketchy. The rival racing is great and provides endless challenges. However, in racing against other users there are problems with them running you off the road andThis is a great game and the only racing game I play (I usually don't enjoy them). The graphics are stunning especially on a 55" plasma TV. The main single player racing component is addicting a lot of fun. Online is a bit more sketchy. The rival racing is great and provides endless challenges. However, in racing against other users there are problems with them running you off the road and just in general being rude. There can also be random lag spikes that can cause you to lose leads and crash. Overall, this is a great racing game Expand
  87. Nov 14, 2011
    9
    If you're a fan of the Forza series, or of cars and/or car racing in general, chances are that you will love this game.

    PROS: - Absolutely stunning graphics - The Autovista mode is gorgeous, it really does look as good or better than real life at times - Career mode is more engaging - Choices for reward cars make the game feel more personal, more choices mean you can either stick to a
    If you're a fan of the Forza series, or of cars and/or car racing in general, chances are that you will love this game.

    PROS: - Absolutely stunning graphics - The Autovista mode is gorgeous, it really does look as good or better than real life at times - Career mode is more engaging - Choices for reward cars make the game feel more personal, more choices mean you can either stick to a certain brand/style or hoard everything possible - Control is excellent and very responsive - The assists have more choices, allowing you to cater the difficulty level from brand new beginner to hardcore simulation player - Excellent variety of cars available, all are extremely detailed and a joy to look at - The Top Gear inclusion is excellent and Jeremy Clark adds a lot of character to the game - The Music score is good and very fitting for the game's theme

    CONS: - No weather effects or night driving is a real shame - More new tracks would've been great, only a handful of new ones added on - No Porsches available due to the EA contract, really lame move from EA. The rights are said to expire later this year so hopefully that means Turn 10 can add them as DLC or what-not

    Overall: This game is not only extremely enjoyable, but a work of art in terms of graphics and sounds. A must-have for car-fanatics and racing fans alike. 9.5/10 HIGHLY recommended.
    Expand
  88. Nov 13, 2011
    8
    FM4 is a treat for us car lovers. Although it's nowhere near as groundbreaking as FM3, FM4 is as fun and fast paced as the game that preceded it. The best, although largely overhyped, addition to FM4 is autovista. Sure, I liked being able to explore every nook and cranny of my favorite cars, but there were only about ten or twenty cars to choose from. And to unlock them you need toFM4 is a treat for us car lovers. Although it's nowhere near as groundbreaking as FM3, FM4 is as fun and fast paced as the game that preceded it. The best, although largely overhyped, addition to FM4 is autovista. Sure, I liked being able to explore every nook and cranny of my favorite cars, but there were only about ten or twenty cars to choose from. And to unlock them you need to complete a race with that car. Moving on, campaign is good. Like last time, you race all over the world, racing in the types of races you choose, however, this time when you level up, you choose (From a predetermined group) a car you want. This is better than last time, when you recieved a preselected car. However, Forza is a game made for online play. Like last time, there's the real deal such as circuits and drags, but there's also fun distractions like tag, cat and mouse, and my favorite, car soccer. Also, now you can create/ join car clubs. Now, for those of you wondering why, considering how highly I praised it, I gave FM4 an 8, it's because not a whole lot is different from last year. Only if you're a diehard car fan (Like me) should you get FM4 in addition to FM3. Sure, there's more cars and features, but gameplay is quite alike, other than the fact that cars are more responsive. Hope to see you on the racetrack! Expand
  89. Nov 13, 2011
    10
    Forza 4 does everything that Forza 3 did before it, but better. The graphics are far improved, with (dare I say it) the best looking cars and tracks in any racing game, on any system, ever. Yes, that includes "that" game.

    The handling has also been upgraded, with cars feeling as close as can be to their real-life counterparts. Naturally you're not going to experience the force of
    Forza 4 does everything that Forza 3 did before it, but better. The graphics are far improved, with (dare I say it) the best looking cars and tracks in any racing game, on any system, ever. Yes, that includes "that" game.

    The handling has also been upgraded, with cars feeling as close as can be to their real-life counterparts. Naturally you're not going to experience the force of slamming sideways around a corner, but as far as the limits of grip and such, this game is spot on. It's hard to know where they can go from here.

    It does all this without feeling at all clinical. There is a certain magic to the game that can't be put into words. It's a rare driving simulation that is also FUN.

    Naturally it's better with a decent steering wheel but for those who can't justify the purchase, it plays perfectly well with a controller. The game responds well to the analogue inputs, and the force feedback adds a layer to the immersion.

    Lot's of tracks, and lots of customisation options mean there is plenty of replay value in this game. You can play the game with various levels of difficulty, from a "one-button" control for kids, which brakes for you and means you basically can't crash, through to 100% real, no assistance craziness for the pros. Likewise you can tune your cars in one of two ways - either the hard way, by selecting the mods you want on the car and tuning them to your needs, or automatically which selects the relevant mods to make your selected car competitive for the upcoming race. This opens up the game for tuners and casual players alike. I've so far upgraded my Nissan Micra (might as well start the game with what you know) to level C, which is about as far as it will go.

    GT5 disappointed me by failing to live up to it's promises, even after the 2.0 update. Forza 4 has made up for this by giving me everything I ever wanted from a racing sim. The most exciting thing for me is wondering just how they are going to top this with the next installment!
    Expand
  90. Nov 12, 2011
    9
    Awesome sim, love my Shift 2 but this one wins win it comes to less arcade like handling. Grat stuff, worth a rent or a buy. Best behind the dash look of any game I've ever played.
  91. Nov 12, 2011
    10
    best racing sim ever. if you like this kind of games - you should get this one right away. The car sounds are amazing. everything in the game makes you wanna play it again and again! 10/10
  92. Nov 10, 2011
    9
    this is a tremendously beautiful game, with tons of fun cars to drive. the career mode is improved in my opinion and online is as good as ever. my only complaint is with the low number of tracks available, and how similar they are to years past
  93. Nov 10, 2011
    7
    Doesn't really bring anything new to the table, I don't consider the Kinect implementation to be a very impressive feature but still good for a few hours of entertainment for any car enthusiast.
  94. Nov 10, 2011
    9
    Excellent racing game. While there hasn't been a huge leap forward from Forza 3 in terms of gameplay it's the small things that make a big difference. All the tracks look much better, all the cars sound much better and the car handling also feels much exciting as slides (both intentional and not) are more controllable. The inclusion of Top Gear challenges and larger mutiplayer grids areExcellent racing game. While there hasn't been a huge leap forward from Forza 3 in terms of gameplay it's the small things that make a big difference. All the tracks look much better, all the cars sound much better and the car handling also feels much exciting as slides (both intentional and not) are more controllable. The inclusion of Top Gear challenges and larger mutiplayer grids are also welcome additions. All in all, this is the best racing game available. Expand
  95. Nov 10, 2011
    9
    This is an amazing game and I believe its the best racing game of this generation. I own a PS3 and GT5 and have always been a fan of GT for what it is. I have also been a huge fan of Forza since the beginning. Overall, I would say Turn10 has eclipsed PD. Forza 4 is a much more enjoyable experience that GT5. While both games are decent, Forza 4 is just a better game.
  96. Nov 10, 2011
    10
    I would have to say that this is one of the best racing games out their a great add on to the forza games. These games come out faster tha the GT games and seem to be much better sony needs to get the lead out of their butts and look at what forza is going on xbox.
  97. Nov 9, 2011
    10
    Best SIM racing game to date! This game has hands the best graphics of any 360 game, has the best line up of cars, the driving mechanics are great and it has Top Gear. Kinect is stupid but other than that whats not to love? 10/10 HIGH FIVE /**
  98. Nov 9, 2011
    10
    best racing sim ever. if you like this kind of games - you should get this one right away. too bad there's no f1 races, but thats ok, cause everything in the game makes you wanna play it again and again! 10/10
  99. Oct 11, 2011
    10
    Best racing game ever? Debatable. Best racing simulation game ever? Most definitely. Forza 4 has everything a car enthusiast could ever want. Every car feels unique, drives differently, and has weight. The customization options (mostly in terms of paint) are endless. The career mode is huge with a variety of game modes to choose from. The online has a clan system that I could actually getBest racing game ever? Debatable. Best racing simulation game ever? Most definitely. Forza 4 has everything a car enthusiast could ever want. Every car feels unique, drives differently, and has weight. The customization options (mostly in terms of paint) are endless. The career mode is huge with a variety of game modes to choose from. The online has a clan system that I could actually get lost in (The Freeriders is my club name) and the game modes are more than just your regular races. Going through car auctions, trying to be the highest bidder on a rare vehicle, is loads of fun as you put your hard-earned cash on the line. The replay mode is deep and intuitive, with loads of camera customizations to choose from. Most importantly though, the graphics are FANTASTIC. Unlike Forza 3, where the cars seemed to "float" above the tracks, Forza 4 blends it all together, and the lighting effects on the cars are photo-realistic. Ignore the Gran Turismo 5 fanboys: Forza Motorsport 4 is a must buy. Collapse
Metascore
91

Universal acclaim - based on 83 Critics

Critic score distribution:
  1. Positive: 83 out of 83
  2. Mixed: 0 out of 83
  3. Negative: 0 out of 83
  1. Games Master UK
    Nov 20, 2011
    94
    A refinement of a fantastic game that loves cars as much as we do. The king of sim racers. [Christmas 2011, p.66]
  2. X-ONE Magazine UK
    Nov 15, 2011
    90
    About as close to the pinnacle of the racing simulation genre as you could reasonable expect to get. [Issue#78, p.72]
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Nov 15, 2011
    80
    Perfect drive from the very beginning to the end! Driving model is rough enough and multiplayer options are endless. If you don't have a steering wheel yet Forza 4 is the reason to get one. [Nov 2011]