8.1

1. Mar 22, 2014
    "forza motorsport 4 is the most frigging amazing creation that ever lived on xbox" . i love driving games but this game is even better then just driving games
  2. Nov 27, 2013
    Forza 4 is brilliant, beautiful, challenging, and addicting!

Over the past two years I've logged several hundred hours, and have loved every minute of it! Although there is tons of content the game offers lots of DLC too. Fortunately this installment is completely fleshed out, and I never felt the need to purchase DLC in order to have the full experience. In the long run, I actually
    did end up purchasing most of the car packs, but was comfortable in not being pressured to do so. As for car tokens, I never purchased any. Tokens are unnecessary (but a convenient alternative) because Forza 4's economy is well balanced an fair. Expand
  3. Nov 18, 2013
    As one would expect Forza Motor Sport 4 features an almost endless selection of tracks and cars (all of which can be fully customised) with which to play and, unlike the rather dull Gran Turismo, the vehicles can actually be damaged. There is also a decent selection of race types to mix things up although the lack of different weather types and off track events, such as rally driving, is a bit of a disappointment. Hopefully these issues will be sorted for the next installment but this is still the best racing sim available. Expand
  4. Oct 24, 2013
    Outstanding visuals, Detailed customization, Responsive A.I., these are just some of the perks this game has to offer. with hundreds of cars to choose from to fit your play style this game will easily keep you occupied for hours on end. One of the better racing games out there.
  5. Aug 21, 2013
    I own both Forza 4 and Gran Turismo 5, everyone who plays racing games knows this 2 are the best, but i think that forza is way better than GT5, Why? We could talk about the graphics, tracks or cars, but for me is all about gameplay. Forza as superior gameplay by far, it's just a shame that dlc's are expensive, around 20$ for the Porche dlc? Come on. Turn 10 want's to gain more money with dlc's than with the actual game, or what? It's enough we got to pay to play online since it's on Xbox. In GT5 we don't pay, because Sony is cool :)
    To finish, both games have ups and downs, but Forza takes the Prize.. i don't give it a 10/10 because the Kinect support is disappointing. the player just turns, everything else is automatic, even brakes...equal to Kinect on Forza is for kids..
  6. Aug 10, 2013
    This is in my opinion THE racing game for the Xbox 360. It seems every iteration of Forza Motorsport gets better and better, while keeping the core gameplay intact. The graphics are the best I've seen in this series yet, the controls are as fluid as ever, and the selection of cars and race tracks is mind-boggling. Difficulty adjustments can be tailored to your skill level, and depending on how you set it you can more or fewer credits when you play, which are then used to buy upgrades for your cars and of course new cars. You can also go to auctions to buy cars from other gamers, as well as buy tuning set-ups, decals and paint jobs. Online play could do with some balancing, though. Being pitted against the fastest cars every time is just unfair. Other than that, this is one of the best racing games I've played and, without a doubt, the best racing game on the 360 in my honest opinion. Expand
  7. May 31, 2013
    Well, Microsoft has created an opponent for the GT series, and i have to say, i Forza won! Why? Some people say: "F4 has arcade driving and physics, while GT..." MAN! Have you ever tried F4? Because it has a very good physics, physics like in real life. If you want to drift you have to learn first what is the best car for drift, AWD or RWD, you have to know the power of the engines and control them.
    But if you like racing you have a World Tour option, which gives you about ~30 hour gameplay, then you can take part in the Event List mode, which give you +100-150 hour gameplay. And you have the Rivals menu, where you can race against people around the world.
    F4 have multiplayer, but i don't like it, because dumb people can't take the collision off, and your opponent will knock you out like in burnout, or when you drifting and have a nice big score, somebody deliberately crash into you. I don't like multiplayer for that.
    Also, you have a local split-screen mode, you can race against your friend, but only with 2 maximum AI player :/

Anyway, i have to say this is one of the best racing game i have ever tried, and the DLC cars are coming regularly, and some car is f**king worth it, for example: Suzuki SX4 hillclimb version, Audi Quattro s1, Mazda 787b and so many other car. So if you like simulators, you have to try this!
  8. May 15, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The improved visuals, the added cars on track, the wealth of new race types, the tweaked AI and closer racing, the ferocious sound and superior sense of speed, the even better livery editor, the lot. With Forza 4 Turn 10 has crafted a driving game like no other; it's hands-down this generation's premier racing simulator. Expand
  9. May 12, 2013
    Probably the best racing game on Xbox 360 bar none (other than other Forza's), but to call this a simulator is like comparing the brightness of the sun to a candle. Great fun for mucking around in, though sadly this only outlines exactly the difference between PC gaming and console. I am a huge xbox 360 fan, but this game just doesn't compare to racing sims on PC. Bonus point for Jeremy Clarkson dialogue! Expand
  10. Mar 18, 2013
    Wow.... This truly is game awesome game. You can build YOUR dream car maybe even Drift, Drag, or put it on the Circuit for fun. The amazement of this game is awesome and has a awesome community in which the GT series cant bring to the table.
  11. Mar 11, 2013
    i have been a huge fan of the Forza series but 4 is basically a slightly upgraded Forza 3. Same old tracks, different misic, enhanced graphics but definitely feels like the same old. This series is still the simulation racing champ in my opinion but got rather stale. The mediocre score comes from the DLC. it has got to be at least over half the cars require a DLC {Day 1 DLC nonetheless} pack which is asinine for a simulation racer. Want any Porsche? You will have to pay for it which I found laughable. i would recommend Forza 3 over 4. Expand
  12. Feb 27, 2013
    Honestly the best racing flagship for the Xbox360. What a fantastic game that delivers everything in this game. I'm a huge fan of racing games ever since I was little. This game proves to be worthy successor to those familiar with racing games. If you are not interested into simulation, then this is not the game for you.This game has everything to do, from driving visually beautiful tracks to just adding a fresh coat of paint of your car. The tracks are all great as they are all real, tuning is extensive such as elevating tire pressure, gear/ratio adjustments, braking to be rough or smooth to ride height, suspension levels and many more. Upgrading is unique such as changing parts, stylish rims, engine swaps, andtires for street, race, and/or drift tires.The AI in this game can be really dumb at times like when they are in the lead and they crash. You can do everything from buying any model of cars(some are DLC), auctioning them, selling of course and many more. The online is very fun and even HAS SOCCER!!!! LOL What a great game and that this game is basically endless because their are way too many challenges to complete and will take you some time to complete...BUY THIS GAME ITS WORTH YOUR MONEY!!! Expand
  13. Feb 16, 2013
    Forza Motorsport 4 is personally my favourite racing game. Every car performs differently whether its due to your upgrades, chassis length or drivetrain. Very realistic right down to sound of the engine in all gears and to reflection of the sunlight as your driving.Single player is a blast. however I found multiplayer to be frusterating at times due to lack of care from other players not racing clean i.e bouncing off anything possible to get through the course) Another pet peeve is that in the VIP map pack few cars are actually worth having and VIP pass does not entitle you to all car packs. But in all great game and amazing competion online when done properly Expand
  14. Jan 31, 2013
    I'm not usually a big fan of racing games, but Forza 4 is one of the best racing games I've seen and played. I played this game at a friends house and I really didn't expect much. I thought it might be a basic generic racing game. Boy was I wrong! Forza 4 has some of the best controls for a racing game and the graphics are to die for. I don't own the game this is just when I was at my friends house playing Forza almost none stop. Last there is like a mini campaign where you can race in many different counties. You can also rank up when you play this campaign. It is not exactly a story, but still a fun experience. I highly suggest you buy this game it will be worth your $60. Expand
  15. Jan 26, 2013
    Let me start by saying, you must love actual track racing. If you do not, do not play this. I love track racing and real driving physics, so I love this game. If you are love arcade racing that's great, but do not expect this to be that. Anyway, a very fun game with endless customizing (engines, looks, etc.).
  16. Jan 20, 2013
    This game deserves a far better rating than lousy 7.9! It destroys GT5 in almost every aspect and delivers one of the most realistic racing gameplay ever to be seen. Sad how a couple GT5 heros can sway the user rating.
  17. Dec 20, 2012
    This one is easy, it is better than Gran Turismo in almost every way. The thing it's missing- the true power and weight of the car while you are behind the wheel. That is why GT, with all it's faults, is a 10 and this is a 9. If you combined them to make a game with GT on track and Forza everything else, you would not onl;y have the best game ever, you would have a game that Metacritic would allow me to rate a 1,0000,0000,0000 out of 10. Thank you. Expand
  18. Dec 19, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Wonderful game, Microsoft nailed it with this racing game. Much better than several racing titles on the market. I hope that the next game in the franchise is in the same quality. Expand
  19. Nov 24, 2012
    This is the first ten I am giving to a game with several glaring flaws, and I will address these faults immediately. First, and most maddening, is the idiotic AI that has lost the ability to start a race, drive in tight formation, and recognize a passing vehicle as a solid object. Many times, while driving side by side, the computer will simply turn into me and not stopped until they are back in the race line, often to the point of pushing me right off the track. How did Forza go from a brilliant, tough, precise AI (in the hardest settings) to this?
    Second issue I have is with a bugged audio system, where engine notes will get stuck or will cut out altogether for several seconds, both of which cause havoc you shift manually in the game and rely on that engine noise.
    My third, and final issue with this game, is a delay issue I am having that is getting worse and worse the more races I complete. After a race, as you select to see your winnings, the game jams, sometimes for as much as a minute, sound and video. I've cleared the cache, I've reinstalled the game, nothing works and it's getting worse the more I complete.

That's all the bad, and it would seem un-redeemable except for three incredible changes from Forza 3.

First, is the most brilliant racing physics engine ever devised, period. This is especially evident when you drive older cars with skinny tires and flexible bodies. Every car is an experience and different types of cars feel more different, so driving a variety of cars becomes more rewarding.

Second is the absolutely incredible variety of quality performance vehicles, from vintage Alfa Romeos to obscure modern supercars. Along with variety I'll also note that the car modelling seems to has also taken a large leap forward.

Thirdly, the addition of Topgear and Topgear personality Jeremy Clarkson takes this from being another car game to being THEE car game. From Clarkson's humorous takes in Autovista, to the topgear track, to some of the included cars in the game, the quality of presentation is greatly amplified by this partnership.

I can play no other car game without feeling that in some intangible (and sometimes very tangible) way, all other racing games have been rendered inferior.
  20. Nov 17, 2012
    Brilliant graphics and great game play makes this a very enjoyable and thrilling experience.Definitely one of the greatest car games I've ever played. :)
  21. Nov 7, 2012
    Wow, Forza Motorsport 4 is, without question, the best racing game of the current (or any) generation. The handling feels incredible, the visuals are simply staggering, and the car selection is wonderful. Not only do we have the typical super cars, but the everyman's cars are also represented; I unlocked and tricked out a 1994 Celica that I just adore. It's really too bad that there is so much DLC because each car is so lovingly recreated that it feels like tragedy to not be able to experience all the cars, and to purchase all the DLC would cost more than an additonal $50 (something a seemingly inevitable FM4 Ultimate Edition would rectify). But as it stands, FM4 is without peer in the racing genre and one of the best overall games of all time. Expand
  22. Oct 18, 2012
    This is the best realistic driving simulator on the 360, if you are a car lover or a racing fan buy this game. With a ton of tracks and a **** load of cars spanning over 80 manufacturers there is a wide range of races to complete........ AMAZING !!!
  23. Oct 17, 2012
    Great game, having a lot of fun trying out all the different cars and racing on all the cool looking tracks. Best racing game for a long time. Guaranteed fun. 9/10
  24. Oct 15, 2012
    Absolutely worth a 10, only a 9 because of the sheer fact I played Forza 3 and all the tracks felt copy and pasted aside from the Swiss Alps race track.
  25. Jun 9, 2012
    Best racing game ever.
    The handling is so good, every car feels different, and you can tell the difference if you tweak or add parts on.
    The Cars are all beautiful and all individual and theres a good mix, you will be able to find a car you love and drive with, for me it was the Ferrari 458, which isnt the quickest in its class, but handles soooo well.
    The tracks all very good, the new
    Alpines one is fantastic, only gripe I guess is that lack of new tracks , most recyleced from Forza 2+3.
    Multiplayer, very good. Finding games easy, lots of different cars used.
  26. Jun 7, 2012
    Awesome game. Thje game ships on 2 discs with 530 cars+ depending if you get VIP or not. Each month 10 new cars are released. Contrary to some of the complaints I have heard the dlc system is awesome. We get a whole lotta game on the original 2 discs and the 10 cars each month just freshen things up. I get more value for money out of each 10 car pack than I would from buying a new game so to me it saves money. Rivals mode is awesome as it provides plenty of friendly "rivalry" with friends. Highly recommended game. Expand
  27. May 27, 2012
    I won't give this a good rating until they add weather and night, and some real race cars. GT5 is about racing, Forza is about staring at stupid supercars with your stupid twelve year old friends.
  28. May 27, 2012
    EXACTLY! I have the Forza 4 demo, and it's good, but I'd still say that graphically GT5 wins. Gameplay..... Never mind. I'll be labeled a troll since I'm on a PS3 site. I'll leave that alone. lol Wait, no I won't. Forza 3 was better than GT5, so IF Forza 4 is to be better than 3, then you can imagine.
  29. May 10, 2012
    Absolutely Brilliant!! The Graphics Are Stunning, The Gameplay Is Next To Perfect and Online Play Never Gets Old. The Cars Are 99% The Real Thing and The Tracks Have Almost Every Bump and Crack As In Real Life. This Will Be An Addicting Game If You Play It For More Than 2 Hours When You First Put It In, So Watch Out.
  30. Apr 9, 2012
    Awful Single player for experienced players and absolutely stealing methods with DLC cars like Alfa Romeo Giulietta that they were ready before launch but you had to pay for them!! They did not manage to give players the choice for measure units (??!!) In the next Forza they should respect more their buyers. I really feel cheated... I played the game for just some weeks and returned to Forza 3.
  31. Apr 7, 2012
    Before I start to write my review, I just want to say that my review is limited to the single player career and the rivals mode since I do not have xbox live gold.
    I started playing the Forza series with FM3 Ultimate Collection but I did not have that much fun with it.
    Now because I am a really big fan of racing games in general (both sim and arcade) I tried FM4 at last years gamescom and
    what really made me buy that game was the "new" inside look of the car....yep...thats my reason to buy it....>.<
    This game just makes me play and play again. It gives me endless opportunities to tune and drive a car.
    The reward system is great and motivating and keeps making your garage bigger and bigger.
    Of course it is a bit disappointing not to see many changes from FM3.
    Many people had expectations like rain/fog/night races, full raceweekends, fuel and real racing rules and this series really seem to need them but when you are racing in the game, you will forget everything about that.
    Well..here are my problems with the game:
    First, the KI is VERY aggressive, especially because this is supposed to be a realistic game (yes it doesnt reach a rfactor or iracing blablabla), but ramming just does not belong into this kind of racing.
    Second, I have a really old TV and this, like many games do not support them too much.
    From distance it is hard to read anything on the screen but since i will have my hdmi cable to connect it with my pc screen soon, this problem will be solved.
    What I also do not like is the fact that the metric system in this game shows kW instead of HP.
    I know kW is supposed to be the new unit but for people like me who are used to HP it is really a (small) con. I tried to change to metric but then again im not used to the metric weight unit.
    WELL, enough unneeded details.
    Overall I'm loving this game.
    Can I recommend this game for people who had FM3 ? Yes
  32. Apr 6, 2012
    This game is great! The number one thing that comes to my mind when reviewing this game is...VALUE. Wow! There are a tone of cars and tracks and they look better than ever! Although its not a huge change over 3, it is better in every way. The AI is especially improved as Forza 3 felt way too easy or too hard. This is a must buy for anyone looking to sink hours upon hours leveling up and building your car collection. Expand
  33. Mar 23, 2012
    What an elegant game, from graphics to details gameplay. Let's forget about the weather condition, day or night, 'cause they are no more important for the marvelous performance of Forza Motorsport 4. Even the non-enthusiast of racing game like me just easily fall in love with this game, I have to reckon that I can spend endless hours behind the wheel driver and enjoy countless race. So far I cannot recommend any better racing game than this masterpiece Expand
  34. Mar 8, 2012
    hir0 is crying about turn 10 recycling but i guessed he loves the GT5 PS2 models.I never really purchase racing sims but this was great.
  35. Feb 26, 2012
    A Great Game!! Looks great, the best looking racing game out there! Incredibly fun. Everything about this game in nearly flawless! The Kinect functionality was pretty cool! Hands down one of the best racing games out there! A must buy game! The online community is fantastic, and overall this game is a complete package!
  36. Feb 18, 2012
    I bought Forza 3 and absolutely loved it. I didn't really play much of the season play and played more from the event list and online. I loved Forza 3 so much I pre-ordered the Forza 4 Limited Collectors Edition which sounded fantastic. The book which you get with it is exactly the same as what is said in Autovista mode which is a waste of money as people with the normal edition get to hear the exact same thing as what you are reading. In Forza 4 I enjoyed World Tour for the first 6 seasons then it began to get boring with the same tracks over and over again. I found the event list less appealing the Forza 3 and I also thought that taking away endurance races was a bad thing. Onto the online, a stepdown from Forza 3. On Forza 3, me and my friends could play for hours and loved it. The new tracks are great but they also took away some much loved circuits. I love the Matmut Oreca and think it is the best car in the entire game however when I am driving on simulation damage in Forza 4 you flip and cannot flip back over. Fair enough this is more realistic however we like damage but not so much as when we are in a 1 hour race and our time has been completely wasted. This means we can drive less on the edge and less aggressive which I like to go all out knowing that I wont just flip over a curve. It is good if you never had Forza 3, perhaps the best racing game you will play but if you have played Forza 3 then this game doesn't even feel like Forza 3.5, more like Forza 3.1. Expand
  37. KBT
    Feb 13, 2012
    Although this game is up and running for months now, I still find it necessary to insert my review, because of all the skewed criticism I find here and there in the (user) score section.
    First of: the often made comparison with GT5. This is a difficult one. The AI, menu presentation, sound and music are better worked out at forza. The crucial element of an excellent racing game is the
    balance between arcade and sim. Turn 10 already nailed this part since part 2. In my opinion, GT5 is more of a sim in general and less arcade-oriented. A better sim would be GT5 strictly speaking. A better racing game is most definitely F4.
    The single player is much better worked out than the previous parts, so does the accumulation of car and credit earnings. One giant disadvantage is the virtual price of the most expensive cars in the game. It is almost impossible to buy a single car with the price of 10.000.000, knowing that you will earn only 10.000 of average per race. That's nuts. You can buy these at the auction house or real money (i.e. 1 euro more or less), but these are all silly alternatives. The multiplayer is really fun....when it connects. If you have a good connection, it sometimes still manages to disconnect due to.....no one knows at turn10. this happens me about twice a day during a two hours game session. Nevertheless it is the sole part of the game that keeps the disc entering the xbox after 6 months of purchase. For all the 'newbies' to racing or forza, i would say go get it..fast. for all the veterans like me, I can't suppress the feeling I got of 'more of the same.' The game has been definitely improved, but there are no radical new improvements here. Yes the autovista is nice and so does the nurburgring and the controls have been updated too, but I expected a bit more. Hence the score, not a 10 but a 9.
  38. Feb 8, 2012
    Don't listen to the haters. Look to your left and notice how there is not a single negative of mediocre review from a proffesional source. That's because Forza 4 is the best racing game ever released. I love it and so will you. The difficulty can be scaled from very easy to very realistic and with a more than ample selection of cars that can be fully modified and painted you will not get bored quickly. The highlight of this game is that all custom paints and tuning setups can be shared online meaning so even if you suck at that sort of thing you can easily aquire the best. On the other hand if you are good you can make some game credits out of it. Don't belive all the BS about the racing experience not being realistic or engaging. I for one have spent plenty of time on the track in real life and it's good enough for me. It regularly has me on the edge of my seat and gives me the feeling that I'm controlling something with real life weight and handling. Need for speed it aint. Expand
  39. Jan 22, 2012
    Forza Motorsport 4 is fun, but it is a racing game intended for casual racing fans and children.
    Even with many of the driving assists turned off, the game fails to deliver the white-knuckle moments that a superior racing game like Formula 1 2011 provides.
    Forza has a broad selection of cars and it's graphics are pleasing. The game also includes a number of tracks that provide a great
    sense of fulfillment to racing fans who would otherwise never get the opportunity to take a lap around the treacherous Nurburgring Nordschleife. Still, the variety of tracks could have been improved and some of the fantasy tracks feel like a poor attempt to replicate Monaco or Daytona. Perhaps Forza's biggest flaw is its inability to deliver a consistent racing experience. The AI is often often unpredictable - as it should be - but it's unpredictably bad. The developers of this game seem to have no regard for racing etiquette as I've often found myself executing straight-a-way passes, only to be rammed in a cheap shot by an AI driver.
    My next complaint with the game has little to do with the the developers, but it is still a notable complaint for those looking to buy a racing simulator. If you're like me, you buy Forza (or any other racing or sports game for that matter) for the game's online play. Unfortunately, the online play in Forza is ruined by many of the people who play it. It's nearly impossible to get through the first turn without being intentionally spun. Very few people who plays Forza online are actually interested in racing and the skill that goes into overtaking. Instead, the vast majority of Forza's online community are interested in turning races into a high-speed demolition derby. I'm an avid fan of Formula 1, IndyCar and NASCAR so I understand that collisions are a part of racing. But for god's sake, wrecking a person is not the only means to completing a pass.
    Though Codemasters' Formula 1 series is relatively young, I strongly recommend it for racing fans who are interested in more than hot rides and wrecking. Formula 1 2011's online community is top-notch and the game can be made as technical or arcade-like as the user desires.
  40. Jan 9, 2012
    Very unsatisfied by this game. It was a let down to me being a forza fan, playing Forza 1 until 2am enjoying do i enjoy this. I plan and simply didn't like this one because of 2 main reason. 1 The singleplayer AI is way too easy and you cant adjust it to make it harder. 2 its is way to simple to have a cheap powerful car for no cost. Why is is bad? Well if you use a specific car brand to lv5 you get huge money bonuses and no cost what so ever, to me it takes the fun of upgrading my car, its hard to say it just that it doesn't feel natural and i think it is a wrong turn for the game. Expand
  41. Jan 8, 2012
    The best racing game since the original Gran Turismo, and one of the three best games--of any genre--that I played last year. Quite simply, this game is fantastic.
  42. Jan 2, 2012
    This was one of my most anticipated games when I heard about it at the beginning of 2011. What I got was exactly what I've always wanted. For many years, I wanted a game that mixed simulation racing with the customization of Need for Speed. Now, of course, the car customization isn't as in depth as Need for Speed, but it's better than Gran Turismo. The cars all handle and sound different from each other, and with over 500 cars, there are more than enough to keep you busy. The only reason that it doesn't get a 10, is because of the bad music. That's it; sure, it doesn't have night racing or weather effects, but thats a small price to pay for all the tracks and cars you get to play around with. This game will keep you entertained for months, just what I hope it will do for me. Expand
  43. Dec 27, 2011
    The best racing game I ever played, beat GT5 at all. Great in every way, but Kinect ..... Epic Fail Microsoft. The device only served to get the achievement but to play, was not able to reproduce the feeling of driving.
  44. Dec 26, 2011
    No racing game is perfect. But F4 is probably the best all-rounder out there currently. Its more accessible and easier to get into than GT5. Graphics may not look as good, and it certainly has its rough edges, but overall its fun to play, no matter your gaming expertise. Commentary from BBC Top Gear's Jeremy Clarkson is funny, but a much more minor point to the game than I originally thought. Car selection is all the standard supercars out of the box. With a few oddities thrown in. All the fun stuff comes in DLC form. Which isn't as bad as it sounds. Car packs are released every month, and each one so far (Dec 2011) has been a mix of supercars and useless fun cars.
    Worth it if you aren't a hardcore GT fan, or if you just want a good racing game for the 360. If you have F3, you may want to pass. Its not much of an upgrade.
  45. Dec 23, 2011
    Best racing game out there, I'm not really a fan of the genre but i have played quite a few, the game is highly accessible yet incredibly detailed, it just keeps getting better and better, if you're a car fan or are curious about racing games this is a must buy.
  46. Dec 18, 2011
    I'll be honest, i am slightly biased towards the Forza franchise. But for good reason, it's simply a phenomenal series. It has the perfect balance of sim and arcade, not as hardcore as GT5, while not as ridiculous as Need For Speed. This game is the same situation. The graphics are better, the physics more realistic, and the car and track list more vast. This game is fun, it has next to no bugs, and there are just so many features that are offered. The ability to start a car club with all your friends is fantastic. Also, (although not a big part of the game) Autovista is a fantastic feature, that is fresh, and a great way to learn more about a specific car. As usual, all of what Forza was known for is still there, and all this game does is build on it. Yes, it's arguable that this is just Forza 3.5, but is that really a bad thing? Expand
  47. Dec 15, 2011
    Great graphics, 60fps feels good, Amazing audio, and good driving feel, i enjoyed this game too much. Felt much more superior than gran turismo 5. Great great game
  48. Dec 10, 2011
    Hats off to the developer for an awesome game.. detailed, Visually exciting and a pleasure for the car enthusiast. Driving Difficulty can be scaled so you can play it as a racing sim or an arcade style racer.. nice job
  49. Dec 10, 2011
    What can be said about this game? The Autovista is a nice feature allowing you to get close to the exotic cars; however it seems they missed out on a few models. They feature the 2006 Hummer H1 Alpha, but not the Tesla Roadster? What gives? Who really cares about a 2006, gas guzzling, wanna-be letâ
  50. Dec 8, 2011
    Very cool gameplay
    but I'm a casual gamer and dont have the time or energy to go through all the levels to get a dinky car upgrade. I paid $$$ for it because I saw the cool Ferraris and Porsche's in the covers- and now I need to spend a lifetime getting points with a Ford Focus and Beetle. c'mon
  51. Nov 29, 2011
    an excellent game, forza 3 was good but this blew me away, graphics are great, a vast array of cars spanning decades and difficulty to cater for all, everybody giving it a bad result because of porsche blame ea anyway the leveling up is much better as you can choose between a few cars instead of being forced one this includes dlc cars if you have them and affinity to car makers is good as you can upgrade cars for free thus meaning money can be spent on increasing your garage, all cars handle quite well, taking an m5 round a track is a lot different than say an f430 only things that let it down are the limited number of tracks and the very low level cap which most people can reach within a month of playing other than that excellent Expand
  52. Gar
    Nov 28, 2011
    So the game is really pretty much 5/5, the best racing game of the generation. Handling is sweet with a wheel, sounds are way ahead of the competition (GT5...). Ton of cars that I actually want to drive.

Here is my beef. The GENIOUSES at turn10 decided NOT to suppport the MOST POPULAR wheel for Forza, which is the 911 wheel by Fanatec. Sure the force feedback works and is brilliant,
    BUT...
    Did they map every single button according to the new CSR wheel? Yep. NO offical support for 911 wheels. Since the 911 wheel doesn't have an analog stick, all the functions that are mapped to that, are nonfunctional.

Want to look to your side? CSR exclusive! WHAT WHAT WHAT. How on earth are you supposed to race online seriously without looking to your sides?
    Just had a wrecker on the server and wanted to give him a bad review on Xbox Live. Too bad he was 16th and the game only shows 12 first finishers. Want to scroll down on the results list? CSR exclusive feature!

Turn10, you have an excuse for not supporting Logitech wheel (licensing for wireless technology). What is your excuse for not properly supporting my 500, FIVE HUNDRED EURO wheel which I bought 2 weeks before Forza. You have all the button mappings ready from Forza 3 and just decided "nah, lets annoy wheel owners a bit more".

If you are looking to buy a wheel for Forza, make it the CSR...Otherwise you might just think that turn10 made you throw 500+ down the drain. On top of this, the multiplayer has been bugged since day 1, no fixed after 7 weeks... Car classes F-B are full of cheaters so they are pretty much unplayable. A Dodge Super Bee is around 7-15 seconds a lap faster than non-"cheat" cars. Have the leaderboards been wiper? Nah. And they still play online as well. On top of that there have been no changes to play lists to you are stuck racing A-S class cars on the same 10 tracks, not utilizing 80% of the games content. GT5 is a way worse game, but at least the fixed the faults. Whats your excuse Turn10?
  53. Nov 28, 2011
    I am a huge fan of Forza & Grand Turismo and usually I cannot see enough of a difference between the two to merit one being way better then another. However with Forza 4 I do think that it has taken over the title from GT as the best sim racer. This kind of racer is an acquired taste. Some prefer arcade racers over this style and I can understand why, sometimes they get seriously boring. Forza 4 however does a great job of stripping down what is important in this kind of game and making it near perfect. GT is a game series, but has been become stagnant and stale. Forza 4 does an amazing job of keeping the sim part in check while adding just enough new content to not feel overwhelmed. Other bright spots are visuals. Forza 3 looked good but was not on par with GT5. Forza 4 however is just as good and actually better looking in some spots. A huge upgrade from the previous game. If you are a racer fan you need to own this game! Expand
  54. Nov 27, 2011
    Forza 4 is amazing, no doubt about it. The graphics are great and I am pretty surprised that it can maintain a good frame rate. However, the layout of Forza 3 needed a little 'modern' upgrade. Yes, the colors are now darker and more professional, but the menu design is pretty much the same. The world tour (campaign) however has been massively improved, such as the satellite images of the tracks, and the ability to choose what event you want to do. Mostly, the game has been improved, but it still seemed to shy away from the modern feel of other racing games. Great game! Expand
  55. Nov 25, 2011
    Just an amazing game. The feel of cars on the tracks is just great. The new lighting is great. The use of Kinect to move your head while driving is great,(a little twitchy, but still great). The lose or Porsche is the only reason for the 9 instead of a full 10
  56. Nov 25, 2011
    Excelent game, god drive experience, la verdad me gusto mucho, creo que es mejor que grand Turismo, muy bien por este juego lo recomiendo ampliamente..
  57. Nov 23, 2011
    Forza 4 is more like.... Forza 3.5. Not many changes since last game of the series. Few track additions, same boring grinding career mode. Car physics have not improved much either. At least Turn10 kept the positive aspects of the previous game untouched, but this does not justify #4 on the Forza title.
  58. Nov 21, 2011
    I've always liked racing games. Played most of the Gran Turismos on Playstation and Playstation2. Then I was really into the Project Gotham Racing series on the XBOX and the XBOX 360. Also enjoyed the Need for Speed series for the most part. Then I tried Forza 3 when it came out and I was hooked to the racing sim. They have made improvents for Forza 4. It is a beautiful game to look at. The cars all handle different from one another. There is a mode called Autovista where you can take a virtual tour around certain vehicles. As you are looking around the car the commentator is telling all about the particular vehicle you are looking at. I didn't think I would really care for this part of the game but I was wrong. It's very entertaining. Now I'm not a car buff so I don't tinker with all the different vehicle settings that are available to the player, I wouldn't know where to begin. But the game allows you to purchase auto presets which is easier for me. If you want to paint your car that's all there too. I looked at what some of the Forza 4 community has painted and let me tell you it's simply amazing. Check this game out. There is so much to do with it. Expand
  59. Nov 21, 2011
    There are things missing in this game, no doubt; a little bit of weather, some new tracks, racing at night, better matchmaking online are the main ones I can think of. But still this game is the pinnacle of motor racing on any console. The quality of the graphics is unsurpassed, the detail in the racing itself is staggering and there is a huge amount of cars and places to race. This might be Forza 3.5 - but that's what I wanted. Expand
  60. Nov 20, 2011
    Forza 4 exemplifies that this is THE ultimate driving simulator. Realism takes the front seat and really is enough to sell the game by itself. Unfortunately however, once you get past the shiny new coat of realism it is essentially Forza 3 with a confusing, yet inspired Top Gear cameo. The career mode still fails to get you interested which is disappointing. Car fanatics will ignore the negatives and perhaps for good reason as this game is highly enjoyable in short stints and moreso with friends. Expand
  61. Nov 20, 2011
    Great game.. I really wondered how they could make forza 3 even better, and they did. Better driving,better sounds,more cars etc. There are still some cars i wish they had put in it for example (pulsar GTi-R, 4th gen prelude. etc) But its a great game.. Highly reccomened. I started out playing gt1,gt2,gt3,gt4.. and than switched over to forza 1, I never looked back! : ) LOVE THIS SERIES!
  62. Nov 20, 2011
    This is my second favourite racing game of all time, behind Midnight Club 3 DUB Edition Remix. It has everything you could want in a racing game. BUT. There is hardly any cosmetic upgrades to your cars, such as spoilers or hoods. Nobody plays any other game mode on matchmaking except for quick race. I wanted to try soccer, chasy and all that out but nobody plays them. I wanted to write a better review but I am in a hurry. Expand
  63. Nov 17, 2011
    Great Driving game, My Favourite Simulate game, a lot of fun and cars and Great Panting Options ! I had more fun then in GT5. .................................................................................
  64. Nov 16, 2011
    I love this game, its fun and entertaining and you get level up and earn money really fast. thats the problem, im currently Lv 10 and got 150,000 Cr. in FM3 i had like 30,000. the credits is still worth the same amount of value so you wont have a problem of ranking up. i also like kinect support, it makes it relly easy to navigate the menues using your voice. If you dont have a kinect its not a problem, just use your controller. the graphics are nicer than ever and the cars are beatiful. In Short + Awesome Graphics + Beatifull cars and tracks + Finally a good kinect support
    - To easy to level up - Repitive music (it seems like its same song over and over)
  65. Nov 16, 2011
    This is a terrific game with its main limitation IMO being the 360 itself because it is so dated. Their goal was to have a constant 60 fps and they accomplished that goal, sacrificing weather and night time effects to do so. To those complaining about the cars, I don't know what there is to complain about we have 500 cars at our disposal. That is enough for me. Although there are a LOT of muscle cars...The physics are good, with the new tire model making a terrifically realistic feel. Expand
  66. Nov 16, 2011
    Overall the game really isnt bad. Good listing of cars, that'll be growing with DLC later. I feel there could have been a few more tracks on it. I really enjoy the way the car feels in this one, compared to Forza 3. It seems to be more lifelike with the car shifting and all. My biggest complaint about the game is the AI. It is just aweful. It's like they are on a line, and will not move off of it, even if it means pushing you off the course. Expand
  67. Nov 16, 2011
    Proud owner of current gen platforms, and a racing sim enthusiast, I found my grail in this generation. Longing for something as pleasing as GT3 on PS2, its been many years since I really enjoyed a racing sim - car customizing so much. I cant stop playing. King of the Hill hands down for this one, highly recommended!
  68. Nov 15, 2011
    lol, oh god, what is it with xbox 360 games starting to become more and more generic, Fable 3, Gears of War 3. Forza 4 is an expansion pack, updated graphics, but has maps that look the same as Forza 3, gameplay that feels the same. Highly reccomend you wait till the price drops to $15-20. Might be worth it then.
  69. Nov 15, 2011
    The Forza series series is good at what it is. A racing simulator. In that it excels, it is easy to jump right in and race. New players will take only very little time to adjust to the style, while veterans can jump right in. Buy this game if you want a realistic racing experience, NOT if you want to buy a racing game. The wide variety of cars and locations will awe you, and the new autovista mode is a great way to look at amazing cars. Expand
  70. Nov 15, 2011
    I would like to start off by saying that the first racing sim that I had ever played was GT3 for the Playstation 2. I will always have a place in my heart for that game for it was one of the best racing games that I'd ever played. That is until I bought an Xbox and bought the original FORZA MOTORSPORT. Ever since that day I have been a FORZA fan. Although I have been playing FORZA 2 since the day it came out casually for the last couple of years, I had skipped FORZA 3 not wanting to get another FORZA game until I had completed #2. But a free gift card from a popular seller plus the fact that I had already purchased BATTLEFIELD 3, led me to think I needed now to upgrade my favorite racing game. I am really glad I did. FORZA 4 exceeds all my wildest expectations for this franchise and I am having a blast playing it. The graphics are top notch even with this current generations hardware becoming a little long in the tooth. The sound is incredible and the car selection has a nice mix of European, American, Japanese, Etc. I also love the added bonus of running through some of the TOP GEAR challenges as that show has become, very recently, one of my favorites. All I can say is that I wholeheartedly recommend this game to any racing fan or car aficionado. Your dollars will be well spent by giving this game a try. Expand
  71. Nov 14, 2011
    This is a great game and the only racing game I play (I usually don't enjoy them). The graphics are stunning especially on a 55" plasma TV. The main single player racing component is addicting a lot of fun. Online is a bit more sketchy. The rival racing is great and provides endless challenges. However, in racing against other users there are problems with them running you off the road and just in general being rude. There can also be random lag spikes that can cause you to lose leads and crash. Overall, this is a great racing game Expand
  72. Nov 14, 2011
    If you're a fan of the Forza series, or of cars and/or car racing in general, chances are that you will love this game.

PROS: - Absolutely stunning graphics - The Autovista mode is gorgeous, it really does look as good or better than real life at times - Career mode is more engaging - Choices for reward cars make the game feel more personal, more choices mean you can either stick to a
    certain brand/style or hoard everything possible - Control is excellent and very responsive - The assists have more choices, allowing you to cater the difficulty level from brand new beginner to hardcore simulation player - Excellent variety of cars available, all are extremely detailed and a joy to look at - The Top Gear inclusion is excellent and Jeremy Clark adds a lot of character to the game - The Music score is good and very fitting for the game's theme

CONS: - No weather effects or night driving is a real shame - More new tracks would've been great, only a handful of new ones added on - No Porsches available due to the EA contract, really lame move from EA. The rights are said to expire later this year so hopefully that means Turn 10 can add them as DLC or what-not

Overall: This game is not only extremely enjoyable, but a work of art in terms of graphics and sounds. A must-have for car-fanatics and racing fans alike. 9.5/10 HIGHLY recommended.
  73. Nov 13, 2011
    FM4 is a treat for us car lovers. Although it's nowhere near as groundbreaking as FM3, FM4 is as fun and fast paced as the game that preceded it. The best, although largely overhyped, addition to FM4 is autovista. Sure, I liked being able to explore every nook and cranny of my favorite cars, but there were only about ten or twenty cars to choose from. And to unlock them you need to complete a race with that car. Moving on, campaign is good. Like last time, you race all over the world, racing in the types of races you choose, however, this time when you level up, you choose (From a predetermined group) a car you want. This is better than last time, when you recieved a preselected car. However, Forza is a game made for online play. Like last time, there's the real deal such as circuits and drags, but there's also fun distractions like tag, cat and mouse, and my favorite, car soccer. Also, now you can create/ join car clubs. Now, for those of you wondering why, considering how highly I praised it, I gave FM4 an 8, it's because not a whole lot is different from last year. Only if you're a diehard car fan (Like me) should you get FM4 in addition to FM3. Sure, there's more cars and features, but gameplay is quite alike, other than the fact that cars are more responsive. Hope to see you on the racetrack! Expand
  74. Nov 13, 2011
    Forza 4 does everything that Forza 3 did before it, but better. The graphics are far improved, with (dare I say it) the best looking cars and tracks in any racing game, on any system, ever. Yes, that includes "that" game.

The handling has also been upgraded, with cars feeling as close as can be to their real-life counterparts. Naturally you're not going to experience the force of
    slamming sideways around a corner, but as far as the limits of grip and such, this game is spot on. It's hard to know where they can go from here.

It does all this without feeling at all clinical. There is a certain magic to the game that can't be put into words. It's a rare driving simulation that is also FUN.

Naturally it's better with a decent steering wheel but for those who can't justify the purchase, it plays perfectly well with a controller. The game responds well to the analogue inputs, and the force feedback adds a layer to the immersion.

Lot's of tracks, and lots of customisation options mean there is plenty of replay value in this game. You can play the game with various levels of difficulty, from a "one-button" control for kids, which brakes for you and means you basically can't crash, through to 100% real, no assistance craziness for the pros. Likewise you can tune your cars in one of two ways - either the hard way, by selecting the mods you want on the car and tuning them to your needs, or automatically which selects the relevant mods to make your selected car competitive for the upcoming race. This opens up the game for tuners and casual players alike. I've so far upgraded my Nissan Micra (might as well start the game with what you know) to level C, which is about as far as it will go.

GT5 disappointed me by failing to live up to it's promises, even after the 2.0 update. Forza 4 has made up for this by giving me everything I ever wanted from a racing sim. The most exciting thing for me is wondering just how they are going to top this with the next installment!
  75. Nov 12, 2011
    Awesome sim, love my Shift 2 but this one wins win it comes to less arcade like handling. Grat stuff, worth a rent or a buy. Best behind the dash look of any game I've ever played.
  76. Nov 12, 2011
    best racing sim ever. if you like this kind of games - you should get this one right away. The car sounds are amazing. everything in the game makes you wanna play it again and again! 10/10
  77. Nov 10, 2011
    this is a tremendously beautiful game, with tons of fun cars to drive. the career mode is improved in my opinion and online is as good as ever. my only complaint is with the low number of tracks available, and how similar they are to years past
  78. Nov 10, 2011
    Doesn't really bring anything new to the table, I don't consider the Kinect implementation to be a very impressive feature but still good for a few hours of entertainment for any car enthusiast.
  79. Nov 10, 2011
    Excellent racing game. While there hasn't been a huge leap forward from Forza 3 in terms of gameplay it's the small things that make a big difference. All the tracks look much better, all the cars sound much better and the car handling also feels much exciting as slides (both intentional and not) are more controllable. The inclusion of Top Gear challenges and larger mutiplayer grids are also welcome additions. All in all, this is the best racing game available. Expand
  80. Nov 10, 2011
    This is an amazing game and I believe its the best racing game of this generation. I own a PS3 and GT5 and have always been a fan of GT for what it is. I have also been a huge fan of Forza since the beginning. Overall, I would say Turn10 has eclipsed PD. Forza 4 is a much more enjoyable experience that GT5. While both games are decent, Forza 4 is just a better game.
  81. Nov 10, 2011
    I would have to say that this is one of the best racing games out their a great add on to the forza games. These games come out faster tha the GT games and seem to be much better sony needs to get the lead out of their butts and look at what forza is going on xbox.
  82. Nov 9, 2011
    Best SIM racing game to date! This game has hands the best graphics of any 360 game, has the best line up of cars, the driving mechanics are great and it has Top Gear. Kinect is stupid but other than that whats not to love? 10/10 HIGH FIVE /**
  83. Nov 9, 2011
    best racing sim ever. if you like this kind of games - you should get this one right away. too bad there's no f1 races, but thats ok, cause everything in the game makes you wanna play it again and again! 10/10
  84. Nov 9, 2011
    The best racing game hands down. In a relatively short amount of time Turn 10 studios has toppled the former king off its throne. Gran Turismo 5 looks like a slow sloppy mess compared to Forza's latest.
  85. Nov 8, 2011
    Great game although a bit lackluster with the auto vista, I bought it thinking all cars would be in that mode but apparently not, but I would say it is the best racing sim to date.
  86. Nov 7, 2011
    I do have to say that Forza 4 is a noticeable upgrade to Forza 3. I've been playing it a while and have noticed the tweaked physics, such as how body roll really matters on courses with lateral elevation changes. The new lighting engine also makes everything look very realistic. The Top Gear inclusion is great, especially with Autovista, only I would have liked to have seen more like maybe a ghost of all cars tested by the Stig on the TG test track. All in all I would say that this game is really engineered for the car enthusiast and gear head. It lives up to the tagline "Where dreams are driven" by including a huge list of cars not only for technical appeal, but also for the intangible appeal and lunacy. Store Front along with picture taking and video modes work very well as they translate to other platforms via download from forzamotorsports.net. I don't have enough good stuff to say about this game, but definitely worth getting a wheel for, even if only the wireless speedwheel as a controller doesn't do this game justice. Expand
  87. Nov 7, 2011
    It is far more polished than GT5 and I like how all the interiors are nicely rendered. The handling is good, if I were to pick fault it would be the physics engine doesn't give realistic momentum changes like the GT series can, but the rest id far better.
  88. Nov 5, 2011
    This may very well be the best console racing simulation game ever. The perfect driving experience from the amazing visuals to the blockbuster sound effects. There are some good improvements from Forza 3 to Forza 4. The car interiors have been improved from Forza 3's rather hideous **** Some of the tracks have been given some nice visual improvements such as the Camino circuit and the classic Fujimi Kaido. The new Autovista mode is awesome letting you walk around your dream cars in a perfect show room style with narration from the iconic Jeremy "Jezza" Clarkson. But their is limits to what the standard dvd can handle and only 20+ cars are featured in this new mode but hopefully later cars will be added through dlc. Finally on to the driving experience. It is easy to see the physics of the cars have been greatly improved. In fact they have been improved so much that they now can rival those or their arch enemy and counter part Gran Turismo. In the end this game comes full having an amazing car selection, physics, online experience, and customization. This is easily the best racing game this year and arguably this year which is why I'm giving it a 10/10. Expand
  89. Nov 1, 2011
    Playing GTA5 DLC 2.0 but still gravating toward Forza 4, smoother and more accessible experience? Quicker loadings? More competitive fun with mates thanks to Rivals mode?

Whatever the reasons, both games are good, but proof in the pudding is simply the litmus test of where AI m spending more time having fun. Zero score? Really? That unbiased and objective opinion? Worse than any absolute
    stinker of racing game in the video game history? Think not. Great games give you pleasure in spades.. Expand
  90. Nov 1, 2011
    I still don't like season mode or career or whatever you want to call it. I want to be able to race in certain series' for season after season... and have stat history. The AI is dumb, they act like you're not even there most of the time.

Multiplayer is fun, as usual, but I hate the fact that there is no ranking system or lobby points. (though the lobby does show the players who have the
    highest "invisable lobby points" higher.

The graphics are definitely better and it pushes the limit on the XBOX 360, as does the driving mechanics.
  91. Oct 31, 2011
    Ok ,I have played this game in single player to level 126 and I have 24 to go and I have played over 90 hours of online play so I can safely review this game without any doubts.This game is a 9.5 and that is the realest review you will ever see and I'll explain why.Everything in this game is screaming perfection.Forza 3 was already screaming perfection and is one of the best racing games ever made, actually the second behind this title.What is wrong with this game well only two things,one is that it's very,very similar to Forza 3 which isn't a bad thing but there should of been a little more work into separating this title from Forza 3.The second is that the driving physics are just better in GT5.It is more real,not the damage model but the straight up driving part.You really shouldn't fuss on the matter and just get both games.What you want in one,that you wish it had,the other game has.Don't get confused though,Forza 3 is a mile better then GT5 and Forza 4 is 2 miles better.You have got graphics that look so real that it makes all the other cars in other games look bad, single player game that could never end cause it is so good,presentation that is top notch,multiplayer that no one else can touch,this game is just a monster of a game!GT5 has been getting some major updates lately and now it's a better game.A game that was made to be patched up which is very unforgivable.Every Forza game on the 360 has been awesome and on there own right brilliant,it's just the brilliance of this game should of just been slightly more then it is but to Turn 10..AWESOME Expand
  92. Oct 29, 2011
    best game of the series to date. The graphics are amazing, the cars work better than they did
    in fora motorsport 3 and more tracks added. This IS the best racing game EVER!
  93. Oct 25, 2011
    HOLY CRAP...ADDICTIVE!!!! SO MUCH FUN!!!! My only complaints really are about navigation in the race maps. ITs really difficult to figure out what track you just raced once you move back to the main menu. I placed second in a race and wanted to try again, but I couldnt find the race event in the huge list!! I mean I suppse thats kinda good because their are a ton of events, I just wish it was clearer what I had participated in already., The other minor complaint is that the difficulty seems odd. On the default setting it seems FAR too easy, but adjusting the settings quickly make the races nearly un-winnable... Still though the game is fun... REALLY fun.....and it looks amazing. Expand
  94. Oct 24, 2011
    First off the bat - the game looks and sounds incredible. Every car's engine sound is true to life, and the Autovista mode is particularly stunning. The selection of cars is very good (except Porsche is missing this time around which is disappointing). The physics model is improved over Forza 3, the handling of the cars (once you turn off all the assists) is extremely good, especially the feel when the cars drift and powerslide, and I like the new career system. But unfortunately, it's not perfect, and I can't give it a 10. The Kinect features are superficial - the Kinect steering mode is obviously targeted at casual gamers, and using the Kinect in Autovista is more painful than just using the controller. In contrast to the fantastic engine sounds, the in game music is horrible. But the most disappointing aspect of the game is the opponent driver AI in the career mode. It's way too easy, it feels like they adjusted the difficulty of the game for casual gamers, and hoped the hardcore players would get their value out of the game online. The AI seem to be afraid to go around corners, they creep around at speeds well below what they should, making it possible to pass on the outside. Plus the AI does seem to bash into you rather randomly, especially if you attempt to dive past them on the inside line before corners. And while it's nice to see the AI make mistakes once in a while, it happens too often in Forza 4. I do hope they bump up the ability and tone down the aggressiveness of the AI in a patch. Or at least have AI driver skill improve with your career level. And they're already selling DLC passes for this game to get more cash out of you. There's still enough in here to have fun though, including online races and the great rivals mode, and just general mucking about with cars, to make this a worthy purchase. Expand
  95. Oct 23, 2011
    Turn10's Forza Motorsport 4 is definitely the superb successor of the Forza legacy and in my opinion, it is the best racing simulation game I have ever played on consoles. It raised the bar and the experience I had when I first met Forza 3: the feel of the car-road contact is much more crisp, more direct (improved weight and tire models), the control is more alive, much more aggressive. The graphics during the races are more polished (more discrete crash marks and body deformation) and the details and lighting can be breathtaking at several points but the real deal is 'Autovista' where you will be given the opportunity to bend under the hood of rare beauties which you won't have the chance in your life unless you buy a ticket to several museums all over the world. Now these cars are in your livingroom and presented in such high detail (you can see the cracks on the leather covering the door and the steering wheel, see the tiny bumps on the cast alloy cylinder head cover, you can identify individual parts and read the signs on them) , that you will feel you really have them, you can reach out and touch the parts ... it's a fantastic way of showcasing.
    There are new community options as well and the best one is definitely the so called 'Rivals' mode: you can compete against all your friends and against the entire world, even if they are having their beauty sleep. The game will download your selected opponent's best time and ghost car, so it is your turn to beat what she/he succeeded. 16 player car soccer games, car bowling and autocross challenges, open track days and drift sessions, car clubs and the good old auction house ... all these available for you to extend the fun.

It is clear that Forza Motorsport 4 is about the love of cars. "We are endangered species" - Jeremy Clarkson said (goosebumps), referring at congestions and fuel prices. But as long as we have racing simulation games out like Forza Motorsport 4, we can still experience the machines, the joy of speeding flat out, the sharp competition ... This game simply deserves a try and if you get in for a ride, you will not want to get out. (oh, yesterday I caught myself still facing the tv at 05:30 AM in the morning)
  96. Oct 23, 2011
    The Good: Game can be fun, especially online, handling feels just right, nice music.

The bad: horrible graphics with 2d trees, blurry textures, bit mapped backgrounds poor lighting and most tracks just ported from Forza 3.
    The single player mode is WAY too easy as AI cars can't keep up and you end up winning every race by a mile no matter how you set the difficulty.
    Autovista is fun
    for about 5 minutes.
    Headtracking is buggy and totally lame.
    No weather effects, moving clouds, falling leaves, birds, SOMETHING to give the game some life!
    Feels like you are playing a slightly improved Forza 3.
  97. Oct 22, 2011
    Its safe to say Forza 4 has met most expectations. With new cast of cars, great looking graphics and sounds. Yes there were high expectations for the 4th edition in this franchise. But you would be insane to not appreciate the work put into this game and the final result. For those people that have unrealistic expectations, I have one thing to say. Take a step back and realize that you are living in the golden age of video games. Overall rating goes like this: Game play 4/5, graphics 5/5, sounds 5/5, fun factor 5/5, replay value 4/5. Enjoy! Expand
  98. Oct 22, 2011
    Still no weather, still no night racing, tracks cant be compared to the real life tracks (nurburgring). Cars feels stiff and doesnt feel alive. I would say that the graphics is OK considering that the Xbox can be compared to the PC GFX card Nvidia 7800, which is stoneage in PC gaming. Forza is overhyped.
  99. Oct 11, 2011
    Best racing game ever? Debatable. Best racing simulation game ever? Most definitely. Forza 4 has everything a car enthusiast could ever want. Every car feels unique, drives differently, and has weight. The customization options (mostly in terms of paint) are endless. The career mode is huge with a variety of game modes to choose from. The online has a clan system that I could actually get lost in (The Freeriders is my club name) and the game modes are more than just your regular races. Going through car auctions, trying to be the highest bidder on a rare vehicle, is loads of fun as you put your hard-earned cash on the line. The replay mode is deep and intuitive, with loads of camera customizations to choose from. Most importantly though, the graphics are FANTASTIC. Unlike Forza 3, where the cars seemed to "float" above the tracks, Forza 4 blends it all together, and the lighting effects on the cars are photo-realistic. Ignore the Gran Turismo 5 fanboys: Forza Motorsport 4 is a must buy. Collapse

1. Nov 20, 2011
    A refinement of a fantastic game that loves cars as much as we do. The king of sim racers. [Christmas 2011, p.66]
  2. Nov 15, 2011
    About as close to the pinnacle of the racing simulation genre as you could reasonable expect to get. [Issue#78, p.72]
    Perfect drive from the very beginning to the end! Driving model is rough enough and multiplayer options are endless. If you don't have a steering wheel yet Forza 4 is the reason to get one. [Nov 2011]