8.1

1. Oct 20, 2011
    Those who gave a negative score without writing **** are GT5 fanboy Wake up! Spec 2.0 can't save that game! Forza 4 is better compare with Forza 4 in production time to quality ratio! If Turn10 has as much time as Polyphony They can create a car's matrix! and the one who give 4 and write something Check his profile He gave GT5 a 9 Get it? And those complain about rain and night racing REMEMBER THATãâ Expand
  2. Oct 11, 2011
    Best racing game ever? Debatable. Best racing simulation game ever? Most definitely. Forza 4 has everything a car enthusiast could ever want. Every car feels unique, drives differently, and has weight. The customization options (mostly in terms of paint) are endless. The career mode is huge with a variety of game modes to choose from. The online has a clan system that I could actually get lost in (The Freeriders is my club name) and the game modes are more than just your regular races. Going through car auctions, trying to be the highest bidder on a rare vehicle, is loads of fun as you put your hard-earned cash on the line. The replay mode is deep and intuitive, with loads of camera customizations to choose from. Most importantly though, the graphics are FANTASTIC. Unlike Forza 3, where the cars seemed to "float" above the tracks, Forza 4 blends it all together, and the lighting effects on the cars are photo-realistic. Ignore the Gran Turismo 5 fanboys: Forza Motorsport 4 is a must buy. Expand
  3. Oct 14, 2011
    Forza 4..... I was waiting for it like a little kid waiting for it like Christmas morning.
    Did I feel like the little kid on Christmas morning?
    MOST DEFINITELY NOT! Forza 4 in my oppinion proved to be another over hyped piece of nonsense.
    I feel the way I do because after 4 titles in the series I'd expect to see major improvements to many aspects of the game, yet since Forza 2, Forza 4
    feels more numb and repetitve that Forza 3 did. Graphically theres some improvement ( when in a race). The cars when looked at in garage look amazing fair enough. Autovista is total SH*TE, if i want to look inside a Ferrari, Merc etc i'd just look on the internet for a better example of how the interior looks, what the engines specs are.. etc etc. Its a good idea but pointless given the fact you are limited to a predetermined selection of 20 something cars to look at, all of which are boring.
    The car manufacturers rosters are the worst they have ever been, 60% of the cars are American and about 47% of the American cars are muscle cars..... What didnt Turn 10 call it Forza American 4 or Forza Muscle 4. Turn 10 hardly bothered to expand the British, Japanese, Spanish, French or any other nations car rosters....bar the Americans and Ferrari's. What happened to Turn 10 introducing more entry level hot hatches, sport wagons, sport saloons etc etc. Instead we got a whacking of over priced hyper and exotic cars..... Who cares.... if I want to drive a Ferrari or Lambo i'll book a 48 hour test drive.
    The car modifications and tuning options are near the same as Forza 3, perhaps even less in some cases. The "simulation" aspect is a poor effort. What planet are Turn 10 on??? Is it always daylight and dry where they come from? The work Turn 10 did with Pirelli is near invisible to the point the tyre wear mechanics are Forza 3 all over again. Pirelli must have seen Turn 10 coming and thought "oh we can make some money from these mugs" The addition of a handful of new tracks is another disappointment. The sound effects are not bad, but for example telling a 2.0ltr V-Tec and a 2.5ltr flat 4 boxer engine apart is near impossible,as are many engines, its all very generic. The music is still garbage in the menus and in race mode, thank god I could turn it down. Online is well... different but the same. Clans??? who cares... if i want to race with my pals i will, im not representing nobody when i drive except me. Its me versus the opposition. Not a clan vs a clan. (CALL OF DUTY ANYONE?)
    Im sooooooooo disappointed with Forza 4, I wanted to love it and I preyed it would be fresh, exciting and feel reinvigorated. None of which happened. Such a shame.
  4. Oct 13, 2011
    Amazing, not only does it strive for realism and attention to detail, but it manages to be really fun, not a lifeless sim but something with a bit of soul. For petrolheads it's a must have, I'm a motorsport nut (work in F1) I've grown up on racing games and loved the Gran Turismo series, but the latest iteration has dropped the ball, THIS is the driving game to have now, the way the cars feel and the AI add up to brilliant racing and I can see this is gonna be in the 360 for a loooong time. Now if they could just add bikes........ Expand
  5. Oct 16, 2011
    Don't be fooled by review scores this is Forza 3.5 as Forza 3 was 2.5! Turn 10 = recycling. No night racing, no weather effects, same tracks as always, drag racing is still bad and AWD cars are heavily penalised. You want to win in your Skyline R34 or new GTR? Nope sorry..not in this game. Oh and Turn 10 returned to their penny-pinching ways of Car DLCs and 'exclusives'. No surprise there...
  6. Oct 11, 2011
    Best Racing game ever made hands down...if you need to know anything more read up on the reviews. There is nothing bad to say about this. Graphics amazing, sound amazing, control amazing, replay off the charts. If you have the slightest hankering for a racing game or just to check out and tune cars in general buy this and you will be amazed. I don't even care much for cars and I love this game...that tells you alot about this product! Expand
  7. Oct 12, 2011
    (almost )The perfect racing game. The biggest downside of this game is that it's not a gigantic step over Forza 3, but that's not much of a complaint. The graphics are overall superb, and though some cars in GT5 have a little more detail, the presentation in Forza remains so much more consistent that I have no problem calling it the better looking of the two. The cars in Autovista, while limited in quantity, are incredible to look through. The driving physics are still at top par, and the best you'll be getting on consoles. The damage models alone are a welcome addition going from GT. Each car handles differently, and each grade of cars are a joy to ride in their own way. I'm a huge fan of the universal credits system, which allows you to gain credits and XP for doing anything in the game. It encourages to play all styles of Forza. The club system is extremely well-designed, and it's a great way to share cool cars with friends. Lack of weather or night systems are definitely disappointing, as is the lack of the NYC track, but you'll hardly have time to miss those features with all that Forza does offer. Forza's greatest achievement is the feeling of community, allowing you to share or sell various tuning setups or car designs via XBL.

tl;dr, Forza is, in my opinion, the premier console racing series. Coming from a GT fan, Forza has usurped the throne, for now.
    If you have any interest in cars or racing, buy this game.
  8. Oct 11, 2011
    Forget Gran Turismo 5, THIS is the real deal. It's simply the best racing game on consoles. Stunning graphics, gorgeous tracks and a wide variety of cars. And all of them with **** views...
  9. Oct 11, 2011
    With or without Porsche, Forza 4 is the greatest racing game ever. This year brings serious online racing addiction with the new online Rivals mode. You can spend HOURS in Rivals mode, beating other Forza players lap times, beating rival after rival, all while leveling up, unlocking cars, and earning in game credits. Forza 4 has an enormous amount of great content, but Rivals mode is what takes the online racing experience to new heights. This game is a 10 out of 10, I'll surely be playing Forza 4 until the next generation console comes out. Expand
  10. Oct 13, 2011
    Definite must have. Best racing game to date, especially sim. Dynamics are unmatched, physics as well. Of course it's missing a few things, night racing & weather but @60 fps you can't beat it. I'm a GT5 fan, but Forza 4 is my game of choice until the next major release.
  11. Oct 13, 2011
    This rapes gt5 in every aspect. I was hoping for a larger array of vehicles from Holden and ford and to be able to modify the offset of your rims - but I knew that was just wishful thinking. Overall its better than forza 3, but they're not worlds apart.
  12. Oct 13, 2011
    It's amazing what a company can do with only 2 years to work with.Gran Turismo 5 on the PS3 took 5 years in development to come up with a product that wasn't even better than the awesome Forza 3.With this game it blows the door off of what can be accomplished in such a short time.What is there not to like,there is no problems at all in this game.No flaws just brilliance.I don't consider the kinect integration a problem cause for what it is it's pretty cool and there is always updates and patches.This game has the best handling in any simulation driving game ever released,Its gorgeous,extreme depth,great presentation and a replay factor that has virtually no end.All 4 Forza games are awesome and at the time each one was put out it was at perfect timing.Well for you PS3 fan boys I'm quite sorry your stuck with a game that has 800 very pathetic looking cars and 200 that don't even come close to the amazing 500+ in this game.Great job Turn 10,you deserve your perfect 10... Expand
  13. Oct 11, 2011
    This is the greatest love letter to the automobile ever written. I expected a soli racing game from Turn 10 given their history of solid Forza games, but this one takes it to a whole new level. Everything you'd expect is in place. But the unexpected sense of community, the celebration of shared passion, auto-geekdom, and everything fast and loud. As an older gamer and lifetime car guy, this game scratches every single itch. Just a remarkable feat, and the enthusiasm of the devepment team really gives this game more heart than a game about inanimate objects has the right to. Forza, indeed. Expand
  14. Oct 11, 2011
    Most feature pack racing game of all time, hands down. The Top Gear partnership is done 1000x better than GT5. Graphics are greatly improved, t10 has responded to dozens of community requests, online racing finally works, car clubs, better photos, the list goes on and on. Cars handle more realistically, and the assists are all there to fine tune the frustration out, not take out the fun.
  15. Oct 13, 2011
    Amazing. Playing Forza Motorsport 3, I thought it could not get better. And Forza 4, is AMAZING! Graphics, gameplay, realism, cars, just mind-blowing. I LOVE IT!!!
  16. Oct 12, 2011
    Forza 4 is the best racing game this console generation. It beats forza 2,3 and GT5. While rally or F1 fans will be better with codemasters offerings, for a simple racing game, this is the best in gtaphics and gameplay. The cars are detailed and the cars I own ('04 Imprezza, 10 lancer evo, V12 Vantage) all look just like real life. I'm 99% sure the downward scores are ps3 fanboys rating the game down. Buy now. Expand
  17. Oct 11, 2011
    Everything you ever want or need from a racing game. The only thing I wished this game had were the Ehra-lessian and Nardo Ring tracks and obviously Porsche cars but that's not Turn 10's fault.
  18. Oct 11, 2011
    The Cars are amazing, the environments are amazing, the graphics are amazing, the music is amazing. The graphics engine is great and the gameplay is fluid. With many modes and customization I defy you to give this less than a 9.5 (cough, IGN) Best Racing game ever!
  19. Oct 13, 2011
    One of the most solid racing games to date, Forza 4 will make your jaw drop; whether from the gorgeous graphics or the tight gameplay. What doesn't Forza 4 do right? There is a hefty single player career mode that gives the user a ton of stuff to do, along with challenges inspired by Top Gear that are creative in their own right. The handling is on point, with your car feeling like it has weight to it and always feeling like you have full control over the way your car handles, looks, and behaves. If you drive hard into a turn, your car will react with a slide. The cars act and drive so realistic, it will actually feel like you are driving a full size car. The cars, vistas, and tracks look very good and realistic; although I did see a few flat trees and the tire barriers aren't the most realistic. But, those are just nitpicks and you will only see them if you try pretty hard. The online play is very smooth, and it holds up really well against lag and whatnot. The game spans tons of cars, and if you are a car aficionado; your favorite car is most likely in this game. I wouldn't give this game a solid 10, but rather more like a 9.4 or 9.5. It's hard to call Forza 4 the best driving game ever made, but it might be the best simulator ever made. Turn 10, really outdid themselves and it's a good feeling to know that they are going to keep making driving games. Expand
  20. Oct 14, 2011
    Top racing sim that rightly scores the highest rated reviews of any next gen sim. For some weird reason fanboys who don't have a 360 and can't have the game because it is not on their console write fake reviews.
    This game is worth the money ignore the user scores of 4 or less....
  21. Oct 11, 2011
    Forza 4 truly is the definitive racing sim this gen. I thought Forza 3 was great, but Forza 4 tops it in every way. The fact that this is running on hardware made in 2005 is just amazing.
  22. Apr 9, 2012
    Awful Single player for experienced players and absolutely stealing methods with DLC cars like Alfa Romeo Giulietta that they were ready before launch but you had to pay for them!! They did not manage to give players the choice for measure units (??!!) In the next Forza they should respect more their buyers. I really feel cheated... I played the game for just some weeks and returned to Forza 3.
  23. Oct 14, 2011
    Forza Motorsport 4 is nearly a perfect game... It's designed for car enthusiasts and definitely a great sequel to one of the strongest racing franchises in existence. The graphics and sound leave little room for debate. This is as good as the old xbox360 hardware can get. If you want to see the best and most detailed cars models in this generation of consoles look no further. And I'm not just talking about the Autovista cars... EVERY car is perfectly detailed with over twice the polygon count of Forza 3. Has for the car rooster, Turn 10 obviously went for quality instead of quantity. You get over 500 cars but most of your dream cars are present and again, ALL in great detail! The tracks are superb with light effects that are jaw dropping beautiful! The track list could use a little expansion with still some great tracks being left on the bench for this iteration but the inclusion of new tracks like Hockenheimring or Infineon and the repolish of all of the previous tracks will ensure racers will have new challenges to last them. Speaking of challenges there was a lot of work put into game modes. Both singleplayer and multiplayer! A new single player campaign (world tour), new multiplayer modes including "rivals" expand the replay value of the game well beyond the 100 digit hour mark! Since we can't work with decimal spaces I'm rounding up my score to a 10 but the game does have a couple of flaws. Although I understand the technical limitations behind the exclusion of night races (it's hard for such an old hardware to render real time lighting for the headlights of 16 cars while keeping up this level of graphic quality and stable frame rate) I don't really understand why there aren't any rain effects. And while the new game modes are fun (car soccer, car bowling, mixed class races, racing through traffic, etc.) some of these modes could've been left out to include more important features such as flag rules or better pit strategy. Car model damage also hasn't seen much improvement and crashing sounds are... "funny" to say the least. But right here is the full list of negative aspects of this game, while I could keep talking about the positive aspects way beyond the 5000 character limit! Some that are worth mentioning is the increase in number of cars per race (now you can race up with 16 of your friends or enemies), car clubs is an overdue addition that fits perfectly in Forza's outstanding community! Speaking of community... I see a lot of **** about the amount of driving aids this game provides... Well.. No one is under no obligation of using driving aids... And the game gives you a lot of reasons not to use any, aside from faster times if you have no aids (unless you suck) you get crazy credit bonuses for not using any helps. But if my father, friend, brother, etc want to share my experience they can because the game scales to a level of difficulty they can work with! I think this democratization of racing games is a great way to make future fans of this genre of games and cars in general! And with the new physics engine and tire data from Pirelli experienced players (or even real life racers) can have a good and realistic challenge. Given it's not a simulator as iRacing it's as good as it gets for consoles (GT5 faboys, I'm not saying it's better then GT... I don't care about your game really...). There's a lot to be said about Forza Motorsport 4 and it's hard to fit it all here but FM4 is a worthy successor for FM3. From the graphics, sound, simulation, car list, track list to new community features, game modes, features, great top gear inclusion, and a lot more Forza 4 established its rightful title as the best racing game of this generation. You can disagree from your own personal taste but when you objectively consider all these attributes it's hard to think of any other title that can match this amazing feat. Forza Motorspot 4 is a game for everyone! From real life racing veterans looking to have some fun with multiplayer clubs, to the youngest kid just discovering how amazing a car can be in autovista! Forza 4 is a game changer and serves to show what Turn10 can do in 2 years! If not for the small negative points I mentioned this game would be perfect. So I'd give it a 9.6 and round it to 10 'cause MC doesn't let me have decimals... :( Expand
  24. Oct 22, 2011
    Still no weather, still no night racing, tracks cant be compared to the real life tracks (nurburgring). Cars feels stiff and doesnt feel alive. I would say that the graphics is OK considering that the Xbox can be compared to the PC GFX card Nvidia 7800, which is stoneage in PC gaming. Forza is overhyped.
  25. Oct 16, 2011
    Forza Motorsport 4 was released this past Monday. I bought it Thursday afternoon and began playing, and after less than fifteen hours of play I have reached level 30. Now I played Forza Motorsport 2 for about six months simply because it had come with my brother's xbox. Once he declared his Call of Duty off limits, I resorted to playing this cheap game that came with the console. It turned out to be a very enjoyable game and after six months of play I decided to purchase the third Forza. At this time number four was roughly eight months away. I got tremendously involved in Forza Motorsport 3 probably because I became extremely good at the game. I created dozens of cars that were placed in the racing classes, due to their Performance Index, or R3 class R2 and R1 being the highest (excluding X). Now out of my R3 Nissan Skyline GT-R Spec-V, my R2 Audi R8, and to keep the list short my Datsun 510 which was also an R2 class, none of these were imported into the new Forza Motorsport 4, and even more disappointing is the fact that no longer is the German car manufacturer Porsche available. Their replacement is merely an RUF which has but one Porsche 911, not even Porsche's supercar is available. The disappointment doesn't stop there. The producers have taken out several more cars out of the game and though they have put dozens more in they still neglect to greatly expand on the variety of cars. Yes being able to purchase a Hummer H1 is pretty cool, being able to drive the world's most expensive cars is there with the hypercars such as the Stirling Moss by Mercedes-Benz but lack the most exciting cars like the Ariel Atom, the V6 and the V8 version are both ten time the fun to drive than a big bulky over priced Bugattii. The Venom GT by Hennessi is also missing, the worlds fastest production car to date. Nevertheless they have sharpened key points that needed serious improvement and others that did not need improvements and are even better. The concept of viewing a certain number of supercars inside and out is impressive, the commentary is even more so. The online play is extraordinary and racing is even cooler. However, Turn 10 would blow away the competition and set a whole new level of gaming if they steal Test Drive Unlimited's free play mode. Being able to simply cruising around in my favorite car around the globes coolest roads while still being able to be chased by police and seeing and racing other people randomly via Xbox Live is where I feel is the weakest point. In Forza Motorsport 4, Turn 10 has absolutely revolutionized racing simulations due to their modifications of the game. I personally feel that once Turn 10 hit a point in development they gave up. Which is where I feel the expression "a conclusion of an essay is where the author got tired of writing" and Turn 10 made the same mistake. They have made a fantastically good game and it should be given all the credit it deserves. They deserve this credit because Forza Motorsport 4 has absolutely met the expectations of consumers...but has not exceeded them. Expand
  26. Oct 19, 2011
    My only criticism about this game is that the weather never really changes. Forza 3 was already great, Forza 4 has improved some aspects, especially on the graphical department, where a new, more refined lightning and better reflections than its predecessors will give you some wow moments. The sound is excellent and it feels realistic, unlike what you haer in Gran Turismo 5.
    All in all I
    think this is the ultimate racing with sim. elements game and I'd vie it a 9.5, but considering you can't do that here, I'll be good and go with a 10. enjoy this great experience, guys. Expand
  27. Oct 15, 2011
    Ok,ok,we have to get this out of the way..There is not a considerable leap in this edition compared to the other 3 Forza games.That doesn't mean ANYTHING bad for this franchise.Remember folks,"if it aint broke then don't fix it".There was not anything wrong with Forza 3 to begin with.It's just that we're becoming so spoiled that we just expect more,want more,demand more.To me this is the truth.As an overall game I think that there is not a better simulation racing game any where ever that is better then forza 4.It is one of the best games,in my opinion,that I have played in a very long time.There is a "but",though.Even knowing that people aren't going to like this,in my honest to God opinion I think that the straight up driving is better in GT 5.That is the only thing that is better,I think everything else was better in Forza 3 & 4.It just feels better to drive in GT5 more like real real.That,though, is nothing compared to the whole package,whole experience that Forza 4 has to offer.It's just mind blowing the stuff they have accomplished in this game.I tell you,2011 has got some of the best games that have come out in a single year,in a long time.Well great job Turn 10 you guys are just really something else!10 Expand
  28. Oct 15, 2011
    This game is a true racing game king. Online has improved incredibly also the graphics are 10/10. Headtracking with kinect works a treat along with autovista. I was stunned with the demo and im happy with the pricetag. 0/10 is stupid for a review... Buy the game its mazing
  29. Oct 18, 2011
    Another excellent installment to the franchise, Forza 4 delivers on both content and gameplay fronts. As well as the thoughtful visuals and car textures, the environments themselves bring any realism that was lacking in Forza 3 to an excellent conclusion. My personal opinion would be that this is indeed the best driving sim to date.
  30. Oct 19, 2011
    This is a great game of course. There physics feels better, the Kinect is fun (but not for serious racers !), the additional cars and tracks are good but I was hoping for more, hence 9/10
    This is probably the best racing game out there at the moment. Of course everyone is asking for more stuff - but what more can you add to this game ? - Turn 10 seem to be refining the game rather than
    adding or changing it significantly - so if you are expecting a totally different game to Forza 3 then you will be disapointed. However this is undoubtedly a very good racing game with enough control over dificulty and AI to ensure all skill levels can play competetively.
    The presentation, menus and commentary are all better than Forza 3 and the added bonus of the dry tones of Jeremy Clarkson do help.
    Forza is at the top of the pile when it comes to racing games, however the city center racing of PGR is perhaps something Forza 5 should be planning as there is now a gap in the market since Bizarre abandoned it two years ago.
  31. Nov 20, 2011
    Great game.. I really wondered how they could make forza 3 even better, and they did. Better driving,better sounds,more cars etc. There are still some cars i wish they had put in it for example (pulsar GTi-R, 4th gen prelude. etc) But its a great game.. Highly reccomened. I started out playing gt1,gt2,gt3,gt4.. and than switched over to forza 1, I never looked back! : ) LOVE THIS SERIES!
  32. Jan 22, 2012
    Forza Motorsport 4 is fun, but it is a racing game intended for casual racing fans and children.
    Even with many of the driving assists turned off, the game fails to deliver the white-knuckle moments that a superior racing game like Formula 1 2011 provides.
    Forza has a broad selection of cars and it's graphics are pleasing. The game also includes a number of tracks that provide a great
    sense of fulfillment to racing fans who would otherwise never get the opportunity to take a lap around the treacherous Nurburgring Nordschleife. Still, the variety of tracks could have been improved and some of the fantasy tracks feel like a poor attempt to replicate Monaco or Daytona. Perhaps Forza's biggest flaw is its inability to deliver a consistent racing experience. The AI is often often unpredictable - as it should be - but it's unpredictably bad. The developers of this game seem to have no regard for racing etiquette as I've often found myself executing straight-a-way passes, only to be rammed in a cheap shot by an AI driver.
    My next complaint with the game has little to do with the the developers, but it is still a notable complaint for those looking to buy a racing simulator. If you're like me, you buy Forza (or any other racing or sports game for that matter) for the game's online play. Unfortunately, the online play in Forza is ruined by many of the people who play it. It's nearly impossible to get through the first turn without being intentionally spun. Very few people who plays Forza online are actually interested in racing and the skill that goes into overtaking. Instead, the vast majority of Forza's online community are interested in turning races into a high-speed demolition derby. I'm an avid fan of Formula 1, IndyCar and NASCAR so I understand that collisions are a part of racing. But for god's sake, wrecking a person is not the only means to completing a pass.
    Though Codemasters' Formula 1 series is relatively young, I strongly recommend it for racing fans who are interested in more than hot rides and wrecking. Formula 1 2011's online community is top-notch and the game can be made as technical or arcade-like as the user desires.
  33. Oct 20, 2011
    Not enough credit has been given to the online portions of this game. They have essentially done what Call of Duty did for shooters, Fifa did for sports games and what World of Warcraft did for MMOs. They have defined how the genre should behave online. Leaderboards for nearly every event and the added bonus of each car class having its own in the Hot Lap open mode. Rivals mode takes the competition to new extremes and its a way to earn credits and experience without resorting the game's single player career mode. Online lobbies allow you to tailor the game experience to you and your friends and it also allow options against the annoying "crasher" types. Monthly challenges will keep the game alive for a long time. While the rest of the single game feels "3.5", the online upgrades justified my full game price, and I even sprung for the extra DLC packs. This is something I've been boldly against, but considering this game will last me months of play (which is something other games CAN'T say) I consider it a good investment. I expected Forza 3.5 and I got that with a much better online competition. As far as the single player the adaptive AI seems hit and miss. Sometimes I destroy them out of the gate and sometimes they prove worthy.. although inconsistent its a refreshing change to see the predictable/static drones of before. Season play is a lot more fluid. It doesn't feel like a gigantic boring grind and it now lets you choose cars you want to play with instead of bringing up events randomly. I wanted to see more tracks and the fact that some of the car DLC was already on the disc, but unlocked with a paid code was mildly annoying. If I had to base my score on just re-playablity it would be an 11. No game is ever perfect and of course this is no exception, but its going to be 100s of hours of entertainment for myself. Expand
  34. Oct 18, 2011
    The game looks great and feels more realistic then any other console game on the market. The tuning options are the same then in Forza 3 but still the most extensive available. The new Kinect features work great and the voice of Jeremy Clarkson rounds the whole thing up.

But do I love this game? No!

It still feels to sterile and dry. Even the new added features like bowling or
    football canâ Expand
  35. Oct 19, 2011
    I loved Forza 1&2,No 3 wasnt the'definative racing game'that was promised.I felt there was something amiss with it.It felt sterile & lacked excitment & Custom multiplayer lobbies.Forza 4 however corrects all that,& is easily the best in the series(& game of this type in general)so far! The racing feels genuinely exciting,with unpredictible AI(in a good way)that feel human to race against.They react to what your doing,& even regularly make mistakes,taking a corner too fast at times,just like we do.The physics & difficulty levels are spot on this time.The handling feels absolutely sublime & is the game is an absolute joy to play.Theres so many good things about this game,the music,the improved graphics&effects,the engine sounds are awesome,The best(& superb)career mode in any Forza to date,car performance & body paintwork customisation,Split screen,great online multiplayer(the custom lobbies are back thank goodness,thanks for listening Turn 10),a whole host of other multiplayer modes,the new Rivals mode,Car auctions,community content & events,Autovista..Theres so much to this game,its quite frankly ludicrus,but obviously great.I even appreciate the small changes,such as the once dull one on one races are now massively improved by the addition of traffic.Makes it so much more interesting & entertaining,& the fact you can pick from a choice of reward cars when you level up.
    Although this is a near-perfect racing game(I even have no doubt in my mind,that its easily the best racing game of this type to date)i am giving it 9 for the following reasons. 1.Theres still no variable weather, 2.the silly Top Gear challenges are a little intrusive & should be an option not mandatory, 3.Split screen racing only has a maximum of 4 cars now(2 players & 2 CPU), 4.The re-wind feature,if you use it,it puts you below anyones time on the leaderboard that didnt use rewind,which i'm fine with,& think its a good idea,but i think its way too harsh to classify your fastest lap in the same time band on the leaderboard as the ones that used rewind just because you made contact with another car(something which is almost impossible to avoid & is part of racing surely(& often they hit you),along with going slightly off the road.This should really be ammended by Turn10,as its not fair,& lastly 5.Theres no night races.
    To have someone be able to sit in & go Co-Op with you on your career races would be awesome too.Wouldnt have to be all the time,but something you could do as & when.It could be done,by only offering you races for cars you both have,or player 2 be able so share player ones cars,with both players taking any winnings & experience points back to their own save.But thats not a gripe at Forza 4,as no racing game has done that yet,but hope it will be one day.Would be Awwwwwwsome No?
    When Forza has those things,i'll be the first to say its the definative & perfect racing game.but until then,its still the best of its type,& a 9.5 from me.Simply an awesome game,that puts GT5 with its dated looking graphics,Dull gameplay,robotic predictable AI,Bad sound effects & lack of a proper performance rating system for the cars for multiplayer matchups to shame(& i say that as someone thats owns a PS3 & bought GT5).
  36. Oct 23, 2011
    Turn10's Forza Motorsport 4 is definitely the superb successor of the Forza legacy and in my opinion, it is the best racing simulation game I have ever played on consoles. It raised the bar and the experience I had when I first met Forza 3: the feel of the car-road contact is much more crisp, more direct (improved weight and tire models), the control is more alive, much more aggressive. The graphics during the races are more polished (more discrete crash marks and body deformation) and the details and lighting can be breathtaking at several points but the real deal is 'Autovista' where you will be given the opportunity to bend under the hood of rare beauties which you won't have the chance in your life unless you buy a ticket to several museums all over the world. Now these cars are in your livingroom and presented in such high detail (you can see the cracks on the leather covering the door and the steering wheel, see the tiny bumps on the cast alloy cylinder head cover, you can identify individual parts and read the signs on them) , that you will feel you really have them, you can reach out and touch the parts ... it's a fantastic way of showcasing.
    There are new community options as well and the best one is definitely the so called 'Rivals' mode: you can compete against all your friends and against the entire world, even if they are having their beauty sleep. The game will download your selected opponent's best time and ghost car, so it is your turn to beat what she/he succeeded. 16 player car soccer games, car bowling and autocross challenges, open track days and drift sessions, car clubs and the good old auction house ... all these available for you to extend the fun.

It is clear that Forza Motorsport 4 is about the love of cars. "We are endangered species" - Jeremy Clarkson said (goosebumps), referring at congestions and fuel prices. But as long as we have racing simulation games out like Forza Motorsport 4, we can still experience the machines, the joy of speeding flat out, the sharp competition ... This game simply deserves a try and if you get in for a ride, you will not want to get out. (oh, yesterday I caught myself still facing the tv at 05:30 AM in the morning)
  37. Oct 16, 2011
    After playing many racing games over the years I feel this to be the best so far. The on line play is very good, as is the customisation of the cars. The tracks are cool. Especially the Top Gear track. The whole thing feels very playable. Down side is that it never seems to rain or go dark which is a shame.
  38. Oct 20, 2011
    I was waiting for this game. I am skeptical attitude to it, as Forza 3 I did not like. But all fears were unfounded. Forza 4 is much better than the previous part, as with the visual side, and with the gameplay. It is much better conveys a sense of the machine, the sensation of speed, it more interesting and fun to play. The visual component of the game not satisfactory, in-game graphics are very good. As well as amazing sound. Well, this is a godsend Autovista. The machine can see the details, get behind the wheel and listen to the comments Jeremy Clarkson. Expand
  39. Jun 9, 2012
    Best racing game ever.
    The handling is so good, every car feels different, and you can tell the difference if you tweak or add parts on.
    The Cars are all beautiful and all individual and theres a good mix, you will be able to find a car you love and drive with, for me it was the Ferrari 458, which isnt the quickest in its class, but handles soooo well.
    The tracks all very good, the new
    Alpines one is fantastic, only gripe I guess is that lack of new tracks , most recyleced from Forza 2+3.
    Multiplayer, very good. Finding games easy, lots of different cars used.
  40. Nov 21, 2011
    I've always liked racing games. Played most of the Gran Turismos on Playstation and Playstation2. Then I was really into the Project Gotham Racing series on the XBOX and the XBOX 360. Also enjoyed the Need for Speed series for the most part. Then I tried Forza 3 when it came out and I was hooked to the racing sim. They have made improvents for Forza 4. It is a beautiful game to look at. The cars all handle different from one another. There is a mode called Autovista where you can take a virtual tour around certain vehicles. As you are looking around the car the commentator is telling all about the particular vehicle you are looking at. I didn't think I would really care for this part of the game but I was wrong. It's very entertaining. Now I'm not a car buff so I don't tinker with all the different vehicle settings that are available to the player, I wouldn't know where to begin. But the game allows you to purchase auto presets which is easier for me. If you want to paint your car that's all there too. I looked at what some of the Forza 4 community has painted and let me tell you it's simply amazing. Check this game out. There is so much to do with it. Expand
  41. Oct 24, 2011
    First off the bat - the game looks and sounds incredible. Every car's engine sound is true to life, and the Autovista mode is particularly stunning. The selection of cars is very good (except Porsche is missing this time around which is disappointing). The physics model is improved over Forza 3, the handling of the cars (once you turn off all the assists) is extremely good, especially the feel when the cars drift and powerslide, and I like the new career system. But unfortunately, it's not perfect, and I can't give it a 10. The Kinect features are superficial - the Kinect steering mode is obviously targeted at casual gamers, and using the Kinect in Autovista is more painful than just using the controller. In contrast to the fantastic engine sounds, the in game music is horrible. But the most disappointing aspect of the game is the opponent driver AI in the career mode. It's way too easy, it feels like they adjusted the difficulty of the game for casual gamers, and hoped the hardcore players would get their value out of the game online. The AI seem to be afraid to go around corners, they creep around at speeds well below what they should, making it possible to pass on the outside. Plus the AI does seem to bash into you rather randomly, especially if you attempt to dive past them on the inside line before corners. And while it's nice to see the AI make mistakes once in a while, it happens too often in Forza 4. I do hope they bump up the ability and tone down the aggressiveness of the AI in a patch. Or at least have AI driver skill improve with your career level. And they're already selling DLC passes for this game to get more cash out of you. There's still enough in here to have fun though, including online races and the great rivals mode, and just general mucking about with cars, to make this a worthy purchase. Expand
  42. Nov 16, 2011
    Proud owner of current gen platforms, and a racing sim enthusiast, I found my grail in this generation. Longing for something as pleasing as GT3 on PS2, its been many years since I really enjoyed a racing sim - car customizing so much. I cant stop playing. King of the Hill hands down for this one, highly recommended!
  43. Nov 23, 2011
    Forza 4 is more like.... Forza 3.5. Not many changes since last game of the series. Few track additions, same boring grinding career mode. Car physics have not improved much either. At least Turn10 kept the positive aspects of the previous game untouched, but this does not justify #4 on the Forza title.
  44. Nov 14, 2011
    If you're a fan of the Forza series, or of cars and/or car racing in general, chances are that you will love this game.

PROS: - Absolutely stunning graphics - The Autovista mode is gorgeous, it really does look as good or better than real life at times - Career mode is more engaging - Choices for reward cars make the game feel more personal, more choices mean you can either stick to a
    certain brand/style or hoard everything possible - Control is excellent and very responsive - The assists have more choices, allowing you to cater the difficulty level from brand new beginner to hardcore simulation player - Excellent variety of cars available, all are extremely detailed and a joy to look at - The Top Gear inclusion is excellent and Jeremy Clark adds a lot of character to the game - The Music score is good and very fitting for the game's theme

CONS: - No weather effects or night driving is a real shame - More new tracks would've been great, only a handful of new ones added on - No Porsches available due to the EA contract, really lame move from EA. The rights are said to expire later this year so hopefully that means Turn 10 can add them as DLC or what-not

Overall: This game is not only extremely enjoyable, but a work of art in terms of graphics and sounds. A must-have for car-fanatics and racing fans alike. 9.5/10 HIGHLY recommended.
  45. Mar 8, 2012
    hir0 is crying about turn 10 recycling but i guessed he loves the GT5 PS2 models.I never really purchase racing sims but this was great.
  46. Oct 17, 2011
    Where is crash? You go against the wall at 350 km/h with a Bugatti, and car scratched. STOP!!! If you turn the steering wheel, you can safely continue!!!!
  47. Oct 23, 2011
    The Good: Game can be fun, especially online, handling feels just right, nice music.

The bad: horrible graphics with 2d trees, blurry textures, bit mapped backgrounds poor lighting and most tracks just ported from Forza 3.
    The single player mode is WAY too easy as AI cars can't keep up and you end up winning every race by a mile no matter how you set the difficulty.
    Autovista is fun
    for about 5 minutes.
    Headtracking is buggy and totally lame.
    No weather effects, moving clouds, falling leaves, birds, SOMETHING to give the game some life!
    Feels like you are playing a slightly improved Forza 3.
  48. Nov 20, 2011
    This is my second favourite racing game of all time, behind Midnight Club 3 DUB Edition Remix. It has everything you could want in a racing game. BUT. There is hardly any cosmetic upgrades to your cars, such as spoilers or hoods. Nobody plays any other game mode on matchmaking except for quick race. I wanted to try soccer, chasy and all that out but nobody plays them. I wanted to write a better review but I am in a hurry. Expand
  49. Nov 10, 2011
    Doesn't really bring anything new to the table, I don't consider the Kinect implementation to be a very impressive feature but still good for a few hours of entertainment for any car enthusiast.
  50. Nov 17, 2011
    Great Driving game, My Favourite Simulate game, a lot of fun and cars and Great Panting Options ! I had more fun then in GT5. .................................................................................
  51. Gar
    Nov 28, 2011
    So the game is really pretty much 5/5, the best racing game of the generation. Handling is sweet with a wheel, sounds are way ahead of the competition (GT5...). Ton of cars that I actually want to drive.

Here is my beef. The GENIOUSES at turn10 decided NOT to suppport the MOST POPULAR wheel for Forza, which is the 911 wheel by Fanatec. Sure the force feedback works and is brilliant,
    BUT...
    Did they map every single button according to the new CSR wheel? Yep. NO offical support for 911 wheels. Since the 911 wheel doesn't have an analog stick, all the functions that are mapped to that, are nonfunctional.

Want to look to your side? CSR exclusive! WHAT WHAT WHAT. How on earth are you supposed to race online seriously without looking to your sides?
    Just had a wrecker on the server and wanted to give him a bad review on Xbox Live. Too bad he was 16th and the game only shows 12 first finishers. Want to scroll down on the results list? CSR exclusive feature!

Turn10, you have an excuse for not supporting Logitech wheel (licensing for wireless technology). What is your excuse for not properly supporting my 500, FIVE HUNDRED EURO wheel which I bought 2 weeks before Forza. You have all the button mappings ready from Forza 3 and just decided "nah, lets annoy wheel owners a bit more".

If you are looking to buy a wheel for Forza, make it the CSR...Otherwise you might just think that turn10 made you throw 500+ down the drain. On top of this, the multiplayer has been bugged since day 1, no fixed after 7 weeks... Car classes F-B are full of cheaters so they are pretty much unplayable. A Dodge Super Bee is around 7-15 seconds a lap faster than non-"cheat" cars. Have the leaderboards been wiper? Nah. And they still play online as well. On top of that there have been no changes to play lists to you are stuck racing A-S class cars on the same 10 tracks, not utilizing 80% of the games content. GT5 is a way worse game, but at least the fixed the faults. Whats your excuse Turn10?
  52. Dec 10, 2011
    What can be said about this game? The Autovista is a nice feature allowing you to get close to the exotic cars; however it seems they missed out on a few models. They feature the 2006 Hummer H1 Alpha, but not the Tesla Roadster? What gives? Who really cares about a 2006, gas guzzling, wanna-be letâ
  53. Jan 9, 2012
    Very unsatisfied by this game. It was a let down to me being a forza fan, playing Forza 1 until 2am enjoying do i enjoy this. I plan and simply didn't like this one because of 2 main reason. 1 The singleplayer AI is way too easy and you cant adjust it to make it harder. 2 its is way to simple to have a cheap powerful car for no cost. Why is is bad? Well if you use a specific car brand to lv5 you get huge money bonuses and no cost what so ever, to me it takes the fun of upgrading my car, its hard to say it just that it doesn't feel natural and i think it is a wrong turn for the game. Expand
  54. Apr 7, 2012
    Before I start to write my review, I just want to say that my review is limited to the single player career and the rivals mode since I do not have xbox live gold.
    I started playing the Forza series with FM3 Ultimate Collection but I did not have that much fun with it.
    Now because I am a really big fan of racing games in general (both sim and arcade) I tried FM4 at last years gamescom and
    what really made me buy that game was the "new" inside look of the car....yep...thats my reason to buy it....>.<
    This game just makes me play and play again. It gives me endless opportunities to tune and drive a car.
    The reward system is great and motivating and keeps making your garage bigger and bigger.
    Of course it is a bit disappointing not to see many changes from FM3.
    Many people had expectations like rain/fog/night races, full raceweekends, fuel and real racing rules and this series really seem to need them but when you are racing in the game, you will forget everything about that.
    Well..here are my problems with the game:
    First, the KI is VERY aggressive, especially because this is supposed to be a realistic game (yes it doesnt reach a rfactor or iracing blablabla), but ramming just does not belong into this kind of racing.
    Second, I have a really old TV and this, like many games do not support them too much.
    From distance it is hard to read anything on the screen but since i will have my hdmi cable to connect it with my pc screen soon, this problem will be solved.
    What I also do not like is the fact that the metric system in this game shows kW instead of HP.
    I know kW is supposed to be the new unit but for people like me who are used to HP it is really a (small) con. I tried to change to metric but then again im not used to the metric weight unit.
    WELL, enough unneeded details.
    Overall I'm loving this game.
    Can I recommend this game for people who had FM3 ? Yes
  55. May 27, 2012
    EXACTLY! I have the Forza 4 demo, and it's good, but I'd still say that graphically GT5 wins. Gameplay..... Never mind. I'll be labeled a troll since I'm on a PS3 site. I'll leave that alone. lol Wait, no I won't. Forza 3 was better than GT5, so IF Forza 4 is to be better than 3, then you can imagine.
  56. Jan 2, 2012
    This was one of my most anticipated games when I heard about it at the beginning of 2011. What I got was exactly what I've always wanted. For many years, I wanted a game that mixed simulation racing with the customization of Need for Speed. Now, of course, the car customization isn't as in depth as Need for Speed, but it's better than Gran Turismo. The cars all handle and sound different from each other, and with over 500 cars, there are more than enough to keep you busy. The only reason that it doesn't get a 10, is because of the bad music. That's it; sure, it doesn't have night racing or weather effects, but thats a small price to pay for all the tracks and cars you get to play around with. This game will keep you entertained for months, just what I hope it will do for me. Expand
  57. Oct 31, 2011
    Ok ,I have played this game in single player to level 126 and I have 24 to go and I have played over 90 hours of online play so I can safely review this game without any doubts.This game is a 9.5 and that is the realest review you will ever see and I'll explain why.Everything in this game is screaming perfection.Forza 3 was already screaming perfection and is one of the best racing games ever made, actually the second behind this title.What is wrong with this game well only two things,one is that it's very,very similar to Forza 3 which isn't a bad thing but there should of been a little more work into separating this title from Forza 3.The second is that the driving physics are just better in GT5.It is more real,not the damage model but the straight up driving part.You really shouldn't fuss on the matter and just get both games.What you want in one,that you wish it had,the other game has.Don't get confused though,Forza 3 is a mile better then GT5 and Forza 4 is 2 miles better.You have got graphics that look so real that it makes all the other cars in other games look bad, single player game that could never end cause it is so good,presentation that is top notch,multiplayer that no one else can touch,this game is just a monster of a game!GT5 has been getting some major updates lately and now it's a better game.A game that was made to be patched up which is very unforgivable.Every Forza game on the 360 has been awesome and on there own right brilliant,it's just the brilliance of this game should of just been slightly more then it is but to Turn 10..AWESOME Expand
  58. Oct 18, 2011
    Forza 3 was perfect. Note: was. Forza Motorsport 3 appeared to be the end of the Racing genre, the pinnacle of automative entertainment, and was so complete Forza 4 seemed redundant. But it isn't. Forza 4 does everything Forza 3 did, only better, and a load of other stuff too. Multiplayer has been revamped, Career is stronger, more cars, the amazing Autovista and the joys of Free Play. There are only two problems, and there fairly minor. The Top Gear content is a little light, it seems only satisfactory, but nothing more. Secondly, the difficulty system is poorly balanced. The better you do, the harder the races get. Eventually, the other cars become very aggressive and very fast, making races a tedious game of dodgems, Losing races makes the AI easier, but no game should make you deliberatley lose, that's a design flaw. But, beside these niggles, Forza offers the ultimate automative videogame experience. Again, and better than ever. Expand
  59. Nov 28, 2011
    I am a huge fan of Forza & Grand Turismo and usually I cannot see enough of a difference between the two to merit one being way better then another. However with Forza 4 I do think that it has taken over the title from GT as the best sim racer. This kind of racer is an acquired taste. Some prefer arcade racers over this style and I can understand why, sometimes they get seriously boring. Forza 4 however does a great job of stripping down what is important in this kind of game and making it near perfect. GT is a game series, but has been become stagnant and stale. Forza 4 does an amazing job of keeping the sim part in check while adding just enough new content to not feel overwhelmed. Other bright spots are visuals. Forza 3 looked good but was not on par with GT5. Forza 4 however is just as good and actually better looking in some spots. A huge upgrade from the previous game. If you are a racer fan you need to own this game! Expand
  60. Dec 20, 2012
    This one is easy, it is better than Gran Turismo in almost every way. The thing it's missing- the true power and weight of the car while you are behind the wheel. That is why GT, with all it's faults, is a 10 and this is a 9. If you combined them to make a game with GT on track and Forza everything else, you would not onl;y have the best game ever, you would have a game that Metacritic would allow me to rate a 1,0000,0000,0000 out of 10. Thank you. Expand
  61. Jun 7, 2012
    Awesome game. Thje game ships on 2 discs with 530 cars+ depending if you get VIP or not. Each month 10 new cars are released. Contrary to some of the complaints I have heard the dlc system is awesome. We get a whole lotta game on the original 2 discs and the 10 cars each month just freshen things up. I get more value for money out of each 10 car pack than I would from buying a new game so to me it saves money. Rivals mode is awesome as it provides plenty of friendly "rivalry" with friends. Highly recommended game. Expand
  62. Nov 1, 2011
    I still don't like season mode or career or whatever you want to call it. I want to be able to race in certain series' for season after season... and have stat history. The AI is dumb, they act like you're not even there most of the time.

Multiplayer is fun, as usual, but I hate the fact that there is no ranking system or lobby points. (though the lobby does show the players who have the
    highest "invisable lobby points" higher.

The graphics are definitely better and it pushes the limit on the XBOX 360, as does the driving mechanics.
  63. Dec 10, 2011
    Hats off to the developer for an awesome game.. detailed, Visually exciting and a pleasure for the car enthusiast. Driving Difficulty can be scaled so you can play it as a racing sim or an arcade style racer.. nice job
  64. Nov 7, 2012
    Wow, Forza Motorsport 4 is, without question, the best racing game of the current (or any) generation. The handling feels incredible, the visuals are simply staggering, and the car selection is wonderful. Not only do we have the typical super cars, but the everyman's cars are also represented; I unlocked and tricked out a 1994 Celica that I just adore. It's really too bad that there is so much DLC because each car is so lovingly recreated that it feels like tragedy to not be able to experience all the cars, and to purchase all the DLC would cost more than an additonal $50 (something a seemingly inevitable FM4 Ultimate Edition would rectify). But as it stands, FM4 is without peer in the racing genre and one of the best overall games of all time. Expand
  65. Nov 1, 2011
    Playing GTA5 DLC 2.0 but still gravating toward Forza 4, smoother and more accessible experience? Quicker loadings? More competitive fun with mates thanks to Rivals mode?

Whatever the reasons, both games are good, but proof in the pudding is simply the litmus test of where AI m spending more time having fun. Zero score? Really? That unbiased and objective opinion? Worse than any absolute
    stinker of racing game in the video game history? Think not. Great games give you pleasure in spades.. Expand
  66. Oct 22, 2011
    Its safe to say Forza 4 has met most expectations. With new cast of cars, great looking graphics and sounds. Yes there were high expectations for the 4th edition in this franchise. But you would be insane to not appreciate the work put into this game and the final result. For those people that have unrealistic expectations, I have one thing to say. Take a step back and realize that you are living in the golden age of video games. Overall rating goes like this: Game play 4/5, graphics 5/5, sounds 5/5, fun factor 5/5, replay value 4/5. Enjoy! Expand
  67. Mar 23, 2012
    What an elegant game, from graphics to details gameplay. Let's forget about the weather condition, day or night, 'cause they are no more important for the marvelous performance of Forza Motorsport 4. Even the non-enthusiast of racing game like me just easily fall in love with this game, I have to reckon that I can spend endless hours behind the wheel driver and enjoy countless race. So far I cannot recommend any better racing game than this masterpiece Expand
  68. Jan 8, 2012
    The best racing game since the original Gran Turismo, and one of the three best games--of any genre--that I played last year. Quite simply, this game is fantastic.
  69. Apr 6, 2012
    This game is great! The number one thing that comes to my mind when reviewing this game is...VALUE. Wow! There are a tone of cars and tracks and they look better than ever! Although its not a huge change over 3, it is better in every way. The AI is especially improved as Forza 3 felt way too easy or too hard. This is a must buy for anyone looking to sink hours upon hours leveling up and building your car collection. Expand
  70. KBT
    Feb 13, 2012
    Although this game is up and running for months now, I still find it necessary to insert my review, because of all the skewed criticism I find here and there in the (user) score section.
    First of: the often made comparison with GT5. This is a difficult one. The AI, menu presentation, sound and music are better worked out at forza. The crucial element of an excellent racing game is the
    balance between arcade and sim. Turn 10 already nailed this part since part 2. In my opinion, GT5 is more of a sim in general and less arcade-oriented. A better sim would be GT5 strictly speaking. A better racing game is most definitely F4.
    The single player is much better worked out than the previous parts, so does the accumulation of car and credit earnings. One giant disadvantage is the virtual price of the most expensive cars in the game. It is almost impossible to buy a single car with the price of 10.000.000, knowing that you will earn only 10.000 of average per race. That's nuts. You can buy these at the auction house or real money (i.e. 1 euro more or less), but these are all silly alternatives. The multiplayer is really fun....when it connects. If you have a good connection, it sometimes still manages to disconnect due to.....no one knows at turn10. this happens me about twice a day during a two hours game session. Nevertheless it is the sole part of the game that keeps the disc entering the xbox after 6 months of purchase. For all the 'newbies' to racing or forza, i would say go get it..fast. for all the veterans like me, I can't suppress the feeling I got of 'more of the same.' The game has been definitely improved, but there are no radical new improvements here. Yes the autovista is nice and so does the nurburgring and the controls have been updated too, but I expected a bit more. Hence the score, not a 10 but a 9.
  71. Nov 18, 2013
    As one would expect Forza Motor Sport 4 features an almost endless selection of tracks and cars (all of which can be fully customised) with which to play and, unlike the rather dull Gran Turismo, the vehicles can actually be damaged. There is also a decent selection of race types to mix things up although the lack of different weather types and off track events, such as rally driving, is a bit of a disappointment. Hopefully these issues will be sorted for the next installment but this is still the best racing sim available. Expand
  72. Dec 26, 2011
    No racing game is perfect. But F4 is probably the best all-rounder out there currently. Its more accessible and easier to get into than GT5. Graphics may not look as good, and it certainly has its rough edges, but overall its fun to play, no matter your gaming expertise. Commentary from BBC Top Gear's Jeremy Clarkson is funny, but a much more minor point to the game than I originally thought. Car selection is all the standard supercars out of the box. With a few oddities thrown in. All the fun stuff comes in DLC form. Which isn't as bad as it sounds. Car packs are released every month, and each one so far (Dec 2011) has been a mix of supercars and useless fun cars.
    Worth it if you aren't a hardcore GT fan, or if you just want a good racing game for the 360. If you have F3, you may want to pass. Its not much of an upgrade.
  73. May 27, 2012
    I won't give this a good rating until they add weather and night, and some real race cars. GT5 is about racing, Forza is about staring at stupid supercars with your stupid twelve year old friends.
  74. Nov 5, 2011
    This may very well be the best console racing simulation game ever. The perfect driving experience from the amazing visuals to the blockbuster sound effects. There are some good improvements from Forza 3 to Forza 4. The car interiors have been improved from Forza 3's rather hideous **** Some of the tracks have been given some nice visual improvements such as the Camino circuit and the classic Fujimi Kaido. The new Autovista mode is awesome letting you walk around your dream cars in a perfect show room style with narration from the iconic Jeremy "Jezza" Clarkson. But their is limits to what the standard dvd can handle and only 20+ cars are featured in this new mode but hopefully later cars will be added through dlc. Finally on to the driving experience. It is easy to see the physics of the cars have been greatly improved. In fact they have been improved so much that they now can rival those or their arch enemy and counter part Gran Turismo. In the end this game comes full having an amazing car selection, physics, online experience, and customization. This is easily the best racing game this year and arguably this year which is why I'm giving it a 10/10. Expand
  75. Oct 16, 2011
    If you are after a racing game then purchase this. I am not a racing nut or anything and maybe a true enthusiast may have complaints. But if your an average gamer like me, and want a spectacular game/tracks to race then this is the one. Only downside is the amount of American cars in comparison to the rest of the world, and did they forget rain and night racing too?

That aside this is
    spectacular and worth the money. Expand
  76. Oct 25, 2011
    HOLY CRAP...ADDICTIVE!!!! SO MUCH FUN!!!! My only complaints really are about navigation in the race maps. ITs really difficult to figure out what track you just raced once you move back to the main menu. I placed second in a race and wanted to try again, but I couldnt find the race event in the huge list!! I mean I suppse thats kinda good because their are a ton of events, I just wish it was clearer what I had participated in already., The other minor complaint is that the difficulty seems odd. On the default setting it seems FAR too easy, but adjusting the settings quickly make the races nearly un-winnable... Still though the game is fun... REALLY fun.....and it looks amazing. Expand
  77. Oct 29, 2011
    best game of the series to date. The graphics are amazing, the cars work better than they did
    in fora motorsport 3 and more tracks added. This IS the best racing game EVER!
  78. May 10, 2012
    Absolutely Brilliant!! The Graphics Are Stunning, The Gameplay Is Next To Perfect and Online Play Never Gets Old. The Cars Are 99% The Real Thing and The Tracks Have Almost Every Bump and Crack As In Real Life. This Will Be An Addicting Game If You Play It For More Than 2 Hours When You First Put It In, So Watch Out.
  79. Nov 7, 2011
    It is far more polished than GT5 and I like how all the interiors are nicely rendered. The handling is good, if I were to pick fault it would be the physics engine doesn't give realistic momentum changes like the GT series can, but the rest id far better.
  80. Nov 7, 2011
    I do have to say that Forza 4 is a noticeable upgrade to Forza 3. I've been playing it a while and have noticed the tweaked physics, such as how body roll really matters on courses with lateral elevation changes. The new lighting engine also makes everything look very realistic. The Top Gear inclusion is great, especially with Autovista, only I would have liked to have seen more like maybe a ghost of all cars tested by the Stig on the TG test track. All in all I would say that this game is really engineered for the car enthusiast and gear head. It lives up to the tagline "Where dreams are driven" by including a huge list of cars not only for technical appeal, but also for the intangible appeal and lunacy. Store Front along with picture taking and video modes work very well as they translate to other platforms via download from forzamotorsports.net. I don't have enough good stuff to say about this game, but definitely worth getting a wheel for, even if only the wireless speedwheel as a controller doesn't do this game justice. Expand
  81. Nov 9, 2011
    The best racing game hands down. In a relatively short amount of time Turn 10 studios has toppled the former king off its throne. Gran Turismo 5 looks like a slow sloppy mess compared to Forza's latest.
  82. Nov 8, 2011
    Great game although a bit lackluster with the auto vista, I bought it thinking all cars would be in that mode but apparently not, but I would say it is the best racing sim to date.
  83. Nov 9, 2011
    best racing sim ever. if you like this kind of games - you should get this one right away. too bad there's no f1 races, but thats ok, cause everything in the game makes you wanna play it again and again! 10/10
  84. Nov 12, 2011
    Awesome sim, love my Shift 2 but this one wins win it comes to less arcade like handling. Grat stuff, worth a rent or a buy. Best behind the dash look of any game I've ever played.
  85. Nov 9, 2011
    Best SIM racing game to date! This game has hands the best graphics of any 360 game, has the best line up of cars, the driving mechanics are great and it has Top Gear. Kinect is stupid but other than that whats not to love? 10/10 HIGH FIVE /**
  86. Nov 15, 2011
    lol, oh god, what is it with xbox 360 games starting to become more and more generic, Fable 3, Gears of War 3. Forza 4 is an expansion pack, updated graphics, but has maps that look the same as Forza 3, gameplay that feels the same. Highly reccomend you wait till the price drops to $15-20. Might be worth it then.
  87. Nov 15, 2011
    I would like to start off by saying that the first racing sim that I had ever played was GT3 for the Playstation 2. I will always have a place in my heart for that game for it was one of the best racing games that I'd ever played. That is until I bought an Xbox and bought the original FORZA MOTORSPORT. Ever since that day I have been a FORZA fan. Although I have been playing FORZA 2 since the day it came out casually for the last couple of years, I had skipped FORZA 3 not wanting to get another FORZA game until I had completed #2. But a free gift card from a popular seller plus the fact that I had already purchased BATTLEFIELD 3, led me to think I needed now to upgrade my favorite racing game. I am really glad I did. FORZA 4 exceeds all my wildest expectations for this franchise and I am having a blast playing it. The graphics are top notch even with this current generations hardware becoming a little long in the tooth. The sound is incredible and the car selection has a nice mix of European, American, Japanese, Etc. I also love the added bonus of running through some of the TOP GEAR challenges as that show has become, very recently, one of my favorites. All I can say is that I wholeheartedly recommend this game to any racing fan or car aficionado. Your dollars will be well spent by giving this game a try. Expand
  88. Nov 10, 2011
    This is an amazing game and I believe its the best racing game of this generation. I own a PS3 and GT5 and have always been a fan of GT for what it is. I have also been a huge fan of Forza since the beginning. Overall, I would say Turn10 has eclipsed PD. Forza 4 is a much more enjoyable experience that GT5. While both games are decent, Forza 4 is just a better game.
  89. Nov 10, 2011
    I would have to say that this is one of the best racing games out their a great add on to the forza games. These games come out faster tha the GT games and seem to be much better sony needs to get the lead out of their butts and look at what forza is going on xbox.
  90. Nov 10, 2011
    Excellent racing game. While there hasn't been a huge leap forward from Forza 3 in terms of gameplay it's the small things that make a big difference. All the tracks look much better, all the cars sound much better and the car handling also feels much exciting as slides (both intentional and not) are more controllable. The inclusion of Top Gear challenges and larger mutiplayer grids are also welcome additions. All in all, this is the best racing game available. Expand
  91. Dec 15, 2011
    Great graphics, 60fps feels good, Amazing audio, and good driving feel, i enjoyed this game too much. Felt much more superior than gran turismo 5. Great great game
  92. Nov 10, 2011
    this is a tremendously beautiful game, with tons of fun cars to drive. the career mode is improved in my opinion and online is as good as ever. my only complaint is with the low number of tracks available, and how similar they are to years past
  93. Nov 16, 2011
    I love this game, its fun and entertaining and you get level up and earn money really fast. thats the problem, im currently Lv 10 and got 150,000 Cr. in FM3 i had like 30,000. the credits is still worth the same amount of value so you wont have a problem of ranking up. i also like kinect support, it makes it relly easy to navigate the menues using your voice. If you dont have a kinect its not a problem, just use your controller. the graphics are nicer than ever and the cars are beatiful. In Short + Awesome Graphics + Beatifull cars and tracks + Finally a good kinect support
    - To easy to level up - Repitive music (it seems like its same song over and over)
  94. Nov 12, 2011
    best racing sim ever. if you like this kind of games - you should get this one right away. The car sounds are amazing. everything in the game makes you wanna play it again and again! 10/10
  95. Nov 13, 2011
    Forza 4 does everything that Forza 3 did before it, but better. The graphics are far improved, with (dare I say it) the best looking cars and tracks in any racing game, on any system, ever. Yes, that includes "that" game.

The handling has also been upgraded, with cars feeling as close as can be to their real-life counterparts. Naturally you're not going to experience the force of
    slamming sideways around a corner, but as far as the limits of grip and such, this game is spot on. It's hard to know where they can go from here.

It does all this without feeling at all clinical. There is a certain magic to the game that can't be put into words. It's a rare driving simulation that is also FUN.

Naturally it's better with a decent steering wheel but for those who can't justify the purchase, it plays perfectly well with a controller. The game responds well to the analogue inputs, and the force feedback adds a layer to the immersion.

Lot's of tracks, and lots of customisation options mean there is plenty of replay value in this game. You can play the game with various levels of difficulty, from a "one-button" control for kids, which brakes for you and means you basically can't crash, through to 100% real, no assistance craziness for the pros. Likewise you can tune your cars in one of two ways - either the hard way, by selecting the mods you want on the car and tuning them to your needs, or automatically which selects the relevant mods to make your selected car competitive for the upcoming race. This opens up the game for tuners and casual players alike. I've so far upgraded my Nissan Micra (might as well start the game with what you know) to level C, which is about as far as it will go.

GT5 disappointed me by failing to live up to it's promises, even after the 2.0 update. Forza 4 has made up for this by giving me everything I ever wanted from a racing sim. The most exciting thing for me is wondering just how they are going to top this with the next installment!
  96. Nov 13, 2011
    FM4 is a treat for us car lovers. Although it's nowhere near as groundbreaking as FM3, FM4 is as fun and fast paced as the game that preceded it. The best, although largely overhyped, addition to FM4 is autovista. Sure, I liked being able to explore every nook and cranny of my favorite cars, but there were only about ten or twenty cars to choose from. And to unlock them you need to complete a race with that car. Moving on, campaign is good. Like last time, you race all over the world, racing in the types of races you choose, however, this time when you level up, you choose (From a predetermined group) a car you want. This is better than last time, when you recieved a preselected car. However, Forza is a game made for online play. Like last time, there's the real deal such as circuits and drags, but there's also fun distractions like tag, cat and mouse, and my favorite, car soccer. Also, now you can create/ join car clubs. Now, for those of you wondering why, considering how highly I praised it, I gave FM4 an 8, it's because not a whole lot is different from last year. Only if you're a diehard car fan (Like me) should you get FM4 in addition to FM3. Sure, there's more cars and features, but gameplay is quite alike, other than the fact that cars are more responsive. Hope to see you on the racetrack! Expand
  97. Nov 14, 2011
    This is a great game and the only racing game I play (I usually don't enjoy them). The graphics are stunning especially on a 55" plasma TV. The main single player racing component is addicting a lot of fun. Online is a bit more sketchy. The rival racing is great and provides endless challenges. However, in racing against other users there are problems with them running you off the road and just in general being rude. There can also be random lag spikes that can cause you to lose leads and crash. Overall, this is a great racing game Expand
  98. Nov 15, 2011
    The Forza series series is good at what it is. A racing simulator. In that it excels, it is easy to jump right in and race. New players will take only very little time to adjust to the style, while veterans can jump right in. Buy this game if you want a realistic racing experience, NOT if you want to buy a racing game. The wide variety of cars and locations will awe you, and the new autovista mode is a great way to look at amazing cars. Expand
  99. Nov 16, 2011
    Overall the game really isnt bad. Good listing of cars, that'll be growing with DLC later. I feel there could have been a few more tracks on it. I really enjoy the way the car feels in this one, compared to Forza 3. It seems to be more lifelike with the car shifting and all. My biggest complaint about the game is the AI. It is just aweful. It's like they are on a line, and will not move off of it, even if it means pushing you off the course. Expand
  100. Nov 16, 2011
    This is a terrific game with its main limitation IMO being the 360 itself because it is so dated. Their goal was to have a constant 60 fps and they accomplished that goal, sacrificing weather and night time effects to do so. To those complaining about the cars, I don't know what there is to complain about we have 500 cars at our disposal. That is enough for me. Although there are a LOT of muscle cars...The physics are good, with the new tire model making a terrifically realistic feel. Expand
  101. Oct 14, 2011
    Did I feel like the little kid on Christmas morning?

1. Nov 20, 2011
    A refinement of a fantastic game that loves cars as much as we do. The king of sim racers. [Christmas 2011, p.66]
  2. Nov 15, 2011
    About as close to the pinnacle of the racing simulation genre as you could reasonable expect to get. [Issue#78, p.72]
    Perfect drive from the very beginning to the end! Driving model is rough enough and multiplayer options are endless. If you don't have a steering wheel yet Forza 4 is the reason to get one. [Nov 2011]