• Publisher: Konami
  • Release Date: Jul 12, 2006
5.0

1. WinterArcane
    Apr 17, 2008
    It is what it is and Frogger is a classic. That doesn't change the fact that it's definitely showing its age, though. It's still fun in short bursts, but doesn't have much staying power. Normally I'll play a few rounds of it every other week, so I guess I've gotten my $5 worth, but it's far from a must have.
  2. Andyman
    Jul 12, 2006
    The Live modes make this game a 6 due to their sheer fun factor. The offline game is a frustrating 4 at best. The enhanced graphics mode has buggy collision detection: 4 separate times I jumped onto the center of a log and died for no apparent reason. I have never seen that happen in the classic game in 25 years of Frogger-playing. The fact that it doesn't keep your local high scores The Live modes make this game a 6 due to their sheer fun factor. The offline game is a frustrating 4 at best. The enhanced graphics mode has buggy collision detection: 4 separate times I jumped onto the center of a log and died for no apparent reason. I have never seen that happen in the classic game in 25 years of Frogger-playing. The fact that it doesn't keep your local high scores (other than your best in the Leaderboard) is really annoying and is a great example of some very lazy programming. Here's hoping Konami's future Live Arcade games have a bit more effort put into them. Expand

1. Getting to levels four and five, reaching 30,000 points in a co-op game and managing to deliver 15 frogs to the other side of the river on one life are tricky tasks that'll keep you going for a bit, but otherwise Frogger will probably take you less than an evening to exhaust.
  2. For a small outlay of MS points, Frogger captures that old school feel that will bring many a gamer back to the quarter stacking days. The controls are tight, the updated graphics are snazzy, and the online options are pretty nifty.
    Digital Eclipse did a perfunctory job with Frogger. All of the little additions make it a nice, friendly arcade game for the casual gamer, or conversely for the obsessed hardcore, old-school perfectionist.