7.2

1. Andyman
    Jun 3, 2009
    In 2009, to omit controller configuration options is completely inexcusable. I'm very sure I'm not the only gamer on the planet who's unable to use the triggers for gas/brake. Unbelievably lazy game design. Thanks for making the game impossible for me to play, guys.
  2. DougB
    Jun 5, 2009
    Now I know why there wasn't a demo when the game launched. Got the game today, what a freaking disappointment. Game looks like dog butt. Like others have said, handling is a joke and I can't see well enough to drive at night or in the dusk time. Sound leaves a lot to be desired. What a disappointment. I'm trading it on Goozex as we speak.
  3. U4IASTRM
    Jun 10, 2009
    Decent for an Arcade game, but the game promised huge world with fun and entertaining things. They got vast right. From last to first(which is where you have to be to win) is a mean feat. Drive off the beaten path once, and your in for a real challenge to get the win, even if you drive a perfect line. Do not be fooled by the back cover of the box. As one of the loading messages will tell Decent for an Arcade game, but the game promised huge world with fun and entertaining things. They got vast right. From last to first(which is where you have to be to win) is a mean feat. Drive off the beaten path once, and your in for a real challenge to get the win, even if you drive a perfect line. Do not be fooled by the back cover of the box. As one of the loading messages will tell you, "This game is not going anywhere". Rent it first. OR wait til it hits the bargain bin here pretty soon. Expand
  4. AdamH.
    Jun 8, 2009
    It's not extremely bad in any way. It's just not entertaining at all either. The map, handling or graphics fail to impress and the challenges is just nothing that makes you pick up the game and play.
  5. MarkalangoP
    Jan 16, 2010
    A simple game for the simple minded folk. Lots to do ... but it is not fun. Oh and how they advertised storms affect races is pure BS. Avoid this game at all cost and don't even think about trying it.

1. The complete lack of boundaries means it's a totally unique challenge, in which standard racing skills often need to be thrown out of the window. Despite this, with such exciting technology at its core, we can't help but hope that Asobo gets another roll of the dice to create something truly, and consistently astonishing. [June 2009, p.84]
    When that ambition fails to live up to its promise by delivering a hollow and disappointing experience, you can't help but feel somewhat nonplussed by the final product. This should have been incredible, but having tried our very best to like Codemasters' latest racing IP, we can't help but feel like we've been taken for a ride. Fuel-ed, if you will.
  3. Fuel is without a doubt a complete game, that thanks to the numerous unlockable areas, cars, challenges and so on, reaches an enviable longevity. Unfortunately the gameplay lacks all the functionality typical of the competition, and there are some techincal issues that ruin the overall score. Fuel is a game for all arcade-off-road racing games, but beware as you won't find the dynamism of Motorstorm nor the attention to detail of Pure, but a different game, with good free-roaming gameplay.