Game of Thrones Xbox 360

5.1

1. May 30, 2012
    Great characters, great dialogs, cool Story, , very true to the licence. I was affraid to discover another dumb hack'n slash with poor story, but if you look for some well made scenario, you have to play this one.

Fair and square, Iguess casuals will hate it, but this is one of the best licenced rpg I've played.
  2. Jun 10, 2012
    now when i watched the gameplay trailer for it i was sketchy because when you fall in love with a tv series or a movie franchise the games never live up to your expectations but so far i am loving this game if you are at home right now turn off your computer get as much money as you can a buy this god damn game im getting it on x box 360 but i dont care pc , ps3 or xbox buy thisnow when i watched the gameplay trailer for it i was sketchy because when you fall in love with a tv series or a movie franchise the games never live up to your expectations but so far i am loving this game if you are at home right now turn off your computer get as much money as you can a buy this god damn game im getting it on x box 360 but i dont care pc , ps3 or xbox buy this game............willy out :) peace Collapse
  3. Jul 10, 2012
    I myself am a true fan of the Game of Thrones series. I have been a hardcore gamer for going on 20 years. I have learned in the past that it's not always about the gameplay or graphics. I always look at a game for the story it has to offer. If you are a true fan of the series, and can get past some bugs and whatnot, its a very good game for your collection. I bought it just for theI myself am a true fan of the Game of Thrones series. I have been a hardcore gamer for going on 20 years. I have learned in the past that it's not always about the gameplay or graphics. I always look at a game for the story it has to offer. If you are a true fan of the series, and can get past some bugs and whatnot, its a very good game for your collection. I bought it just for the storyline, and that's all it was intended for in my opinion. I dont suggest buying it, but at least a rent. Expand
  4. May 26, 2012
    This game is very good. Even if you are not a fan of the Game of Thrones books or lore, you will find plenty to satisfy you: a superb story, some amazing locals well represented by fine looking graphics, high-quality voice over (in french anyway) and a combat system that is much more complex than a lot of "finer" rpg's out there. I highly recommend it.
  5. May 16, 2012
    I didn't expect it to have graphics on pair with a mainstream game. So I'm not disappointed. The story is GREAT, and I am willing to overlooking all the gameplay and graphic problems that plague the game. Its all worth it just for the story.
  6. May 15, 2012
    The graphics may not be that great but they're not that awful. The story is compelling, Both heroes have strong characters and there is a genuine effort to be true to the licence. The game system is not original but at least it's not just another hack n'slash. In the end, it's difficult to put the pad down when you start playing. a must buy
  7. May 15, 2012
    Honnestly, the story is just amazing!! You are totally carried away by the story, from beginning to end. Everything fits.
    The graphics are not exceptional but ok, it's still nice. The atmosphere is kept and the fact of seeing the world move by the decisions we take is just enjoyable! If you like RPG, play it!
  8. May 20, 2012
    Game of Thrones is a strong story-oriented game, feels like a hybrid of RPG and an interactive novel, with good character customization options and a tactical combat. The world of this game is more like a stage, or a movie set, but it is fine by me. Graphics is not stellar< and camera issues are noticeable, but for a good story I could get over it. If you are looking for a good, mature andGame of Thrones is a strong story-oriented game, feels like a hybrid of RPG and an interactive novel, with good character customization options and a tactical combat. The world of this game is more like a stage, or a movie set, but it is fine by me. Graphics is not stellar< and camera issues are noticeable, but for a good story I could get over it. If you are looking for a good, mature and gripping tale, pick this game. Otherwise, it might be best to look elsewhere. Expand
  9. May 20, 2012
    If you are a fan, this game is a must have. Its like being in the Hbo series. It has some flaws, but not as bad as the reviewers writed. The story is very good and there are some of the characters of the tv series making cameos with the original actor voices.
  10. May 17, 2012
    Surprisingly decent RPG. Low budget, but decent. Atmosphere and story look solid. Graphics not that bad. And combat is challenging on Lord level.This one worth a try, before making a decision.
  11. May 15, 2012
    Well to be honest, if you going into this game and expect it to look and play like a AAA game that had a huge budget behind it you are going to be disappointed. The graphics look dated - but the art direction and designs are good. But If you are a fan of the books and looking for a story based RPG you will NOT be disappointed. If you've read the books and enjoy them, the story of this gameWell to be honest, if you going into this game and expect it to look and play like a AAA game that had a huge budget behind it you are going to be disappointed. The graphics look dated - but the art direction and designs are good. But If you are a fan of the books and looking for a story based RPG you will NOT be disappointed. If you've read the books and enjoy them, the story of this game will suck you right in. In the same fashion as the books you will be experiencing a story that gives you different character perspectives chapter to chapter as the story progresses. The story splits between Mors Westward, a fierce and honorable Ranger of the Night's Watch who took the Black after fighting beside Jon Arryn during Robert's Rebellion against King Areys II Targaryen. You also play as Alester Sarwyck (also a veteran of Robert's Rebellion) who has returned to his failing lands a Red priest of R'hllor, after 15 long years of refuge in the free cities looking for a purpose while trying to come to terms with the acts he committed in the war. The pacing of the story is good. The way these two characters have been place into George R. R. Martin's world is very well done. If you're familiar with the books you already have a connection with world and the events that are taking place. This allows you to experience two new perspectives and still be shocked by the twist and turns the story takes. It's very well written and this is it's biggest strength for me. I am able to look past the dated graphics and average sound when the story is this gripping. Mature and dark with hard choices to make as anything set in a song of fire and ice saga should be. So, the story is great and the graphics aren't going to win any awards. But does it play well? When you start the game you are asked to set attributes and skills to Mors and Alester in typical RPG fashion. You can selected from 3 fighting styles and set special skills tied to your style that you level up as you play. One interesting part of this process I like and found a little unique was the option to set special traits if you wish, there is a catch though - for every special trait you set you also have to set a trait that hinders you. So if you pick something like talented (which gives you two extra skill points per level), you'll have to balance it out by giving your character something like asthma (which hinders his attack time) or make him afraid of fire (which greatly enhances the damage you take from fire). Interesting and not something I've seen in very many RPG's outside of a few on PC.

The character controls well, never had any frustration with the game being unresponsive. The only thing that might bother some people is control is pressure sensitive, meaning if press forward all the way to move in a direction your character will always be running. The menus are very well organized and fonts are a visible colour and easy to read. Loading time are short and auto saving only makes the game lag for a second of two. The codex is very well organized and written when you find information, though I don't see you using it a lot other than for character specific information if you are familiar with the books. The Combat features a fair amount of options. Most of your battles will begin with hitting the L1 or R1 button to slow down the action. During this enemies slowly move keeping the danger of the moment alive and lets you plan your attack. You do this by switching between characters and setting them to use a certain set of attacks before exiting the slow-down mode and returning to normal speed while you wait for your energy to recharge. You can hit X to speed up the recovery time. Victories against a large group feel intense and make you feel satisfied that you planned it out. All in all I think this is a solid game that is clearly intended for and made by fans of the books. Would I recommend it if your a fan of the books and need a fix until the next book comes out? YES. Without a doubt you will not be disappointed, defiantly a purchase. Would I recommend it if your a fan of the TV show and haven't read the books? Maybe. You might be turned of by the graphics and lower budget compared to most console games, you also might not have enough of an invested interest in the world and lore. Rent it first to be on the safe side.

As a fan of the books and show, I give this a solid 8.

It's not perfect and it wont blow your mind with game-play innovations or graphics. But the story is great and the feeling of being in Westeros is there. Compared to alot of games published on consoles, this had a small budget. It's a Great effort and well worth supporting if your a fan of books, maybe if the fans support this enough the next game made will have a bigger budget and will be flashy enough to draw more people into a song of fire and ice.
  12. May 18, 2012
    Accept this title for what it is--an RPG by a no-name developer, sanctioned by both HBO and George RR Martin--and you will come away pleased. A must-play for any Game of Thrones fan. The story is absolutely fantastic. Graphics and gameplay leave MUCH to be desired, and the game is very buggy, but if you take it for what it is, this game is extremely enjoyable.
  13. Oct 30, 2012
    As a gamer, don't go into this expecting much. But as a Game of Thrones fan, there is a lot on offer here. Just being able to walk around even a small portion of Westeros is fantastic. I'd love to see them continue with a sequel with hopefully enough time to polish it some more. You need to appreciate what they've done given the time and budget, don't expect Skyrim, it never said it would be.
  14. Jun 10, 2012

1. Sep 4, 2012
    Game of Thrones revels in the source material, wraps its narrative around it, and plays along with the vast universe that George Martin has crafted. It's too bad, and deeply disappointing, that the game celebrates little else.
  2. X-ONE Magazine UK
    Jul 26, 2012
    Even if you're a fan of the TV series, the dullness just isn't worth it. [Issue#87, p.86]
  3. Jul 20, 2012
    Ultimately, Cyanide seems to have released a poor excuse for a TV show to Videogame port with Game of Thrones. It's aimed at fans of the show, and you'll soon realise that Cyanide have used little imagination when creating this title, no doubt knowing that fans will lap this tripe up simply for having the title 'Game of Thrones' on the front cover.