Gears of War 2 Xbox 360

7.7

1. BenM.
    Nov 9, 2008
    Non-stop feeling of being in a war plowing a troika through 50+ locusts is just amazing .. multiplayer movement is alot smoother - no more hoover vacuums in walls . Needs locale settings or ping indicator for public games in multiplayer ... lag can become terrible at times.
  2. JamesB
    Nov 9, 2008
    Another target for the fanboy idiots. Well done, you are going to get user rankings blocked. Now that the rant is over lets move on to the game. It really is a case of more of the same but is definately a good thing, but the battles are more epic, the environments are simply jaw dropping, however for me personally, the real secret to its success is the co-op mode. I have been playing Another target for the fanboy idiots. Well done, you are going to get user rankings blocked. Now that the rant is over lets move on to the game. It really is a case of more of the same but is definately a good thing, but the battles are more epic, the environments are simply jaw dropping, however for me personally, the real secret to its success is the co-op mode. I have been playing online with my friend and it is simply a joy to behold. A beautiful beautiful game which deserves to be played. Well done Epic I hope it brings you the success it deserves. Absolutely brilliant. Expand
  3. JasonEdwards
    Dec 15, 2008
    The fact that this game is rated lower than the first is moronic. When reviewing a game, people need to stop comparing it to the first and saying "Oh, they didn't change it enough so it gets a worse review" and instead should pretend as if the original NEVER EXISTED and base their review off of the game for all it's worth.

Gears 2 is definitely a hgue improvement over the

Gears 2 is definitely a hgue improvement over the first, offering a longer game, more weapons, new and exciting level-specific mechanics (razor-hail, tunneling worms, boat battles, etc) as well as incredibly unique, well detailed and definitely rememberable level designs.

Gears of War was a fun third-person shooter that lasted a few hours and was an enjoyable ride. Gears of War 2 is an amazing experience that takes you many places that you won't soon forget.

10/10 for being an incredible game that surpasses the first in every aspect.
  4. ZacharyTrimmer
    Dec 10, 2008
    Gears of War 2 is an improvement over its predecessor in almost every single way. The single player is more epic and engaging, and the multiplayer has received the attention it deserves. My only complaint is that the chainsaw is too easy to re-rev if you are shot/beat trying to chainsaw someone, meaning it is easier to chainsaw in GOW2 than GOW1.
  5. AlbertW.
    Dec 28, 2008
    GOW, i mean GOW!!!!!! wow this is an amazing game the history and the multiplayer are examples of what a Third Person Shooter MUST be, the characters aren't only videogame characters, they can be real people all have their history, mistakes, etc. this game can be played even if you don't know the first part, the campaign made me laugh, cry and eat my nails haha, i didn'tGOW, i mean GOW!!!!!! wow this is an amazing game the history and the multiplayer are examples of what a Third Person Shooter MUST be, the characters aren't only videogame characters, they can be real people all have their history, mistakes, etc. this game can be played even if you don't know the first part, the campaign made me laugh, cry and eat my nails haha, i didn't think this could be possible, at least the graphics are the best of all times, Halo, here's your contender number 1!!! Expand
  6. JeffreyP
    Dec 30, 2008
    This game is mixed by users 1) perhaps they are not the type to play third person shooters 2) they are ps3 users trying to make the purchase justified and not buy this game 3) the reviewer just honestly did not like the game. I can understand one and three, but when I hear people get upset because they didn't mind to look at the freaking cover of the game, thinking it was a racingThis game is mixed by users 1) perhaps they are not the type to play third person shooters 2) they are ps3 users trying to make the purchase justified and not buy this game 3) the reviewer just honestly did not like the game. I can understand one and three, but when I hear people get upset because they didn't mind to look at the freaking cover of the game, thinking it was a racing game, come on, that makes me a little upset. This game defines what a blockbuster style action and story of epic survival really mean. Big guns, huge enemies with bigger weapons, expanded environments and new takes on the bleak world of Sera, take this game to a new height of badassness. Mind you there are thing like glitches that need to work out, but don't complain the multilayer is laggy, because you're internet sucks(oldest excuse in the book of gaming by the way). The game may feel short to some, but in the long run, I know people will be working day and night to get the Seriously 2.0 Achievement. Expand
  7. LaV.
    Dec 6, 2008
    "I thought this was a racing game. I mean, "gears"... doesn't that sound like a racing game to you? But it was really just a bunch of weird looking creatures running around blowing each other's skulls off. Not a face car to be found. They should have renamed this "shoot the screaming beast in the face 2" or something. Typical Microsoft false advertising. I suspect this game is "I thought this was a racing game. I mean, "gears"... doesn't that sound like a racing game to you? But it was really just a bunch of weird looking creatures running around blowing each other's skulls off. Not a face car to be found. They should have renamed this "shoot the screaming beast in the face 2" or something. Typical Microsoft false advertising. I suspect this game is only played by teenage bed-wetters who cannot read. Worst ever! Shame on you Microsoft!" Have you been living under a rock? How the hell do you think it's a racing game? There's a damn gun in the front of the cover and have you ever thought about looking at the back of the damn package? It gives a perfect description of what the game is about. Microsoft didn't give any false advertising at all your just an ignorant daft c**nt! Other than that I believe the game is great. Only downside is it takes ages for the game to connect online. Which I'm hoping they will fix. Expand
  8. BrandonS
    Dec 7, 2008
    This game is great and truly improves upon the original Gears. Now I wonder, what's with all the low-rating scores for stupid reasons? "I thought it was a racing game, so I'll give it a 2", that's just dumb. And why are people saying it's perfect and recommending it, but then giving it a 2? I realize they are kidding, but do not ruin a game's reputation for your This game is great and truly improves upon the original Gears. Now I wonder, what's with all the low-rating scores for stupid reasons? "I thought it was a racing game, so I'll give it a 2", that's just dumb. And why are people saying it's perfect and recommending it, but then giving it a 2? I realize they are kidding, but do not ruin a game's reputation for your own enjoyment. Expand
  9. ChrisEvers
    Dec 8, 2008
    Best game ever. Graphics are amazing and executions and assassinations make this game even better. Story line is good and multiplayer is good. They even added a new thing that you can play called horde where you have didfferent levels of waves of locusts and after each one they get tougher and tougher.
  10. TS
    Oct 11, 2009
    One of the best games ever made. Sure, the online can be laggy and glitchy, but its fun when its not, and the singleplayer campaign was amazing, fun, and had a better storyline for Gears 2. I also felt pretty bad for Carmine when he "SPOILERS" died "END SPOILERS". Very, very awesome game.
  11. SeanMcB
    Jan 14, 2009
    I like that you can be revived if you are downed but it gets pretty challenging in co op mode. since you need both knowledge and skill to complete this game on legendary mode, I really think that they took a lot of time on this game and really did a good job with Improving some mistakes from Gears of war 1, Good job guys
  12. DevinGrant
    Jan 5, 2009
    The follow up to the first Killer App for the 360 is a progressive if not somewhat flawed effort. Epic addressed the repetive environments of the first game and added beautiful diverse levels that more that please the eye. The key gameplay component hasn't changed with the cover system being nearly identical to its predecessor. The only time the system is abandoned is the act thatThe follow up to the first Killer App for the 360 is a progressive if not somewhat flawed effort. Epic addressed the repetive environments of the first game and added beautiful diverse levels that more that please the eye. The key gameplay component hasn't changed with the cover system being nearly identical to its predecessor. The only time the system is abandoned is the act that takes place inside a giant worm. The level is merely a platfrom game with only one type of enemy, and one objective. It's understandable that epic wanted to switch things up, but the cover system is sorely missed after this level based soley on the fact that the gameplay from the previous level, was so simple and archaic. This doesn't however take away from the rest of the campaign that clocks in at a little over 12 hours. The action's frantic pace is continuous throughout and the bosses battles only add to a game that is filled with constant action.
    The main improvement from part one is the multiplayer. Epic builds on an already solid foundation, and then bumps it up more than few notches. The horde mode where two players battle wave after wave of locust is heart-pounding and can almost be a game in itself. This is accompanied by all the modes found in the first and a refined online modes that rival the hallowed Halo series. Ultimately Gears of War 2 is an more than adequate improvement over the first with some gameplay flaws keeping it from a perfect score. If Epic stays on the right track, Gears of War 3 could be one of the games that defines the current generation of videogames
  13. NajamU.
    Feb 17, 2009
    THIS GAME ROCKS! I've always been a gears of war fan and this game didn't disappoint me.There was a dramatic change in graphics which brightened up the game.Despite having the same combat techniques as the first one this game is really fun playing.To be really honest with you the story-line was great but the boss was absurd.The multiplayer battles are OFF THE HOOK.So grab some THIS GAME ROCKS! I've always been a gears of war fan and this game didn't disappoint me.There was a dramatic change in graphics which brightened up the game.Despite having the same combat techniques as the first one this game is really fun playing.To be really honest with you the story-line was great but the boss was absurd.The multiplayer battles are OFF THE HOOK.So grab some bucks,break your piggy-banks(its strange why do they call it like this my brother told me)or steal some money.Somehow break into a store and get it as quick as possible and buy it.believe me I don't lie guys. Expand
  14. SeanH.
    Feb 5, 2009
    This game had absolutely everything that I was looking for. It was backed by an excellent story, it had some of the most graphic violence that I've seen in a game, and it has an amazing multiplayer. I would recommend this game to any of my friends, enemies not so much though since I don't want them having fun.
  15. TB
    Mar 5, 2009
    Easily one of the best games I've ever played. There were a lot of little flaws (not enough weapons and you can only hold two at a time, tank level, graphics werent nearly as mind blowing as 1, super easy final boss while some of the other bosses took too long to beat, D pad on 360 sucks, weapon system could be a lot cooler, cover system is the best one ever but it still sometimes Easily one of the best games I've ever played. There were a lot of little flaws (not enough weapons and you can only hold two at a time, tank level, graphics werent nearly as mind blowing as 1, super easy final boss while some of the other bosses took too long to beat, D pad on 360 sucks, weapon system could be a lot cooler, cover system is the best one ever but it still sometimes frustrates, confusing (but cool) story, running, often too dark to enjoy the beautiful art direction, the slow speed he walks, the way the camera moves slower when you zoom in, etc). But this game is so easy to pick up and play with easy to learn controls, its gameplay is so much fun , and its full of so many amazing moments and amazing set pieces and cool enemies, that it more than makes up for all the negatives. Also, having the option of playing MP with bots is great for all those who dont have the internet. The additions of meat shield, curb stomping in single player, better cut scenes that tell a cooler story, expanded MP, and no real lulls in the gameplay are the real improvement over Gears 1. Expand
  16. PatrickM
    Apr 18, 2009
    Easily one of the best games ever online or offline. There is so much to do on gears for example co-op campains, hordes, several multiplayer game mode like, warzone, execution, gaurdian, annex, wingman and more. And finally anyone who critisises this game don't no what there talking about. GEARS OF WAR FOR THE WIN!!!
  17. KevinAndersen
    Nov 11, 2008
    This game is action packed, has great graphics, gameplay, and multiplayer. This is simply the best overall game I have ever played. Gears of War 2 is a lot like a summer action movie blockbuster, it keeps you on the edge of your seat, and saying a lot of holy !@#@@.
  18. JustinE.
    Nov 11, 2008
    I played this game at my friend's house and beat the campaign on hardcore in one sitting... but it was a really well done campaign. The only parts that didn't seem to be like Gears of War (and are usually found in crappy games that try to "mix things up") were the vehicles. Really the only one that was truly unnecessary and annoying was the Centaur, but the others were all I played this game at my friend's house and beat the campaign on hardcore in one sitting... but it was a really well done campaign. The only parts that didn't seem to be like Gears of War (and are usually found in crappy games that try to "mix things up") were the vehicles. Really the only one that was truly unnecessary and annoying was the Centaur, but the others were all right. Horde mode is incredibly addictive, and chainsawing NEVER gets old. Haven't played matchmaking, but I've heard it is rather disappointing. Overall, this game is really really good. Expand
  19. beavisbutt
    Nov 10, 2008
    i have to say that everythings been improved upon in the sequel better graphics, gameplay, and story make for a great followup new enemies and weapons to dispatch them are greatly implemented and a.i has been tweaked making this a more satisfying and less frustrating experience then the original so far gets my vote for game of the year well done Cliffy and co...
  20. ToddB.
    Nov 11, 2008
    When I hear same as the original with minor changes, I get skeptical. Yet, with GoW2, it is the same as the original, with the minor tweaks that make the game a measurably better experience. From the new game modes in the competitive multiplayer to the additional head count in the co-op, everything they changed was for the better and the stuff they left the same did not need any changes. When I hear same as the original with minor changes, I get skeptical. Yet, with GoW2, it is the same as the original, with the minor tweaks that make the game a measurably better experience. From the new game modes in the competitive multiplayer to the additional head count in the co-op, everything they changed was for the better and the stuff they left the same did not need any changes. The story became shallower and the ending left a lot to be desired, but expected, since the game has been touted as a trilogy. A better wrap to this campaign and a 10 would have been a no brainer. Aside from the shortfall in the story, the game is engrossing and every bit as fun as the first one, if not more. A must buy for any fan of shooters; you will definitely enjoy this one. Expand
  21. RickR.
    Nov 10, 2008
    This game is superior to the original with better story, emotion, design and environments. The only slights are the difficulty is easier and the single-player is short. Horde is a lot of fun (but empty your bladder first) and the remaining multiplayer modes are fun and-so far-unspoiled by glitches and modded controllers.
  22. AnonymousMC
    Nov 12, 2008
    That 9 is based only on the campaign.
    It's hard to give any game a 10 but I did consider it for a bit. My online experience is limited for now, so I'll only talk about the story. Amazing.
    That 9 is based only on the campaign.
    Don't quite understand why so many folks are bashing this game. I found it absolutly fantastic and would recomend it to anyone. Plenty of fun, great story, great new characters and weapons.
    Get your favorite bag of chips, a jug of soda/juice or whatever your poison is, log on w/ your favorite pal and have at it. Totally enjoyable.
    Don't waste any time thinking about it- just play it and smile.
    By the way- the limited edition Bonus DVD pretty much blows. Nothing very interesting on it. The HALO3 bonus DVD had plenty of good info- this one, nope. Boreing.
  23. MarmaT
    Nov 13, 2008
    GoW2 keeps the gameplay we know and love from GoW1, yet spices things up with new weapons & features that encourage the use of new tactics. The cutscenes are more in depth, and the characters are developed more. This is also a big plus for me, i was disappointed in how light GoW1 was on the story & character development - most of it was inferred. Also, the combat feels, in a lot of GoW2 keeps the gameplay we know and love from GoW1, yet spices things up with new weapons & features that encourage the use of new tactics. The cutscenes are more in depth, and the characters are developed more. This is also a big plus for me, i was disappointed in how light GoW1 was on the story & character development - most of it was inferred. Also, the combat feels, in a lot of places, more EPIC. There are situations where you're fighting alongside the rest of delta squad you know & love (baird, cole, dom) and there are other COGs fighting against massive waves of enemies. It feels like there's a WAR happening now, not just a few people on a secret mission (ultimately the game takes that turn, but the war is still going on, and you feel pressed to produce results for humanity!) All in all, the only real downsides for me are: 1. The game can lag. By now it's pretty obvious what the xbox360 can & cannot handle. It doesn't lag often though, just in a few places where the atmospherics get crazy. 2. SOME (not all) of the new features are a bit silly. Using an enemy as a shield, extended fatalities, the burst firing pistol - they just don't seem that great. That being said, everything else about the game owns. Buy it and love it. Expand
  24. IraS.
    Nov 14, 2008
    Well let me say, Gears 2 definantly delivered! I was not expecting such a great game, especially from a sequel. It is every bit as good as the original, and maybe even surpasses the original. Epic took what worked and kept going with it, all of the while improving upon the game in every way. The new weapons add variety, and the boom shield adds a new gameplay element. The vehicle sections Well let me say, Gears 2 definantly delivered! I was not expecting such a great game, especially from a sequel. It is every bit as good as the original, and maybe even surpasses the original. Epic took what worked and kept going with it, all of the while improving upon the game in every way. The new weapons add variety, and the boom shield adds a new gameplay element. The vehicle sections did not seem to break the flow of things, and where quite enjoyable. The graphics seem almost the same, but I played GoW on the PC, never 360, and thats not bad though seeing as Gears was quite good. I have not played on live, though Multiplayer seems much improved, and Horde mode can be a great way to learn the game, and it did not seem to get old even after 50 waves, I still wanted more! All in all, with all the good games available, Gears 2 still was worth the money, providing a great story, good character depth, good graphics, some of the most wicked kills ever, all around fun gameplay, and replay value. If you like FPS' then give Gears 2 a try! You won't regret it, and will probably enjoy the well executed third person shooter! Expand
  25. TheSaint
    Nov 18, 2008
    Gears of War 2 is absolutely awesome, it is better than the original in every way. It has th best graphics ever seen in ANY console, and better than ANY high end PC game. Gears 2 is the real deal, it's not some joke like Resistance 2 or Metal Gear Solid 4.
    ONLY PS3 fanboys are giving this game the low scores. PS3 fanboys are more pathetic than their console, which has NOTHING BUT GARBAGE GAMES. Resistance 2? LOL! Cry your sorry little selves, you Sony fanboys and sleep with your PoS3.
  26. VilleK.
    Nov 19, 2008
    Just plain AWESOME game. I'm thankful that they didn't change the game itself too mutch. Cause Gears 1 was great, it's great to make the sequel same type but with little upgrades. Only 9 cause matchmaking is sometimes more than slow, worst gotten so far is 30minutes, and thats alot of time waiting.
  27. JamieJ.
    Nov 19, 2008
    Its a great game overral. This is the first gears of war i got for 360 and is the best game i have played on my life. With the best gameplay and graphics this is gonna be the game of the year! and i like to see how gaystation 3 fanboys are crying and posting bad rating to this game because 360 has the best games on a nextgen console.
  28. AndyP.
    Nov 21, 2008
    Excellent game. I thought the original was good but this is better in every way! Don't really understand whats going on with the negative reviews. But I did notice that hundreds of them were made before the game was released. Probably a clue there as to who is posting the negative reviews... (ie those who haven't even played it and probably resent the low Critic review scores Excellent game. I thought the original was good but this is better in every way! Don't really understand whats going on with the negative reviews. But I did notice that hundreds of them were made before the game was released. Probably a clue there as to who is posting the negative reviews... (ie those who haven't even played it and probably resent the low Critic review scores being achieved by Sony's equivalent Resistance 2) Expand
  29. RickG
    Nov 21, 2008
    awesome game.. the only reason it doesnt warrant a perfect score in my book is because im not a lame fan boy (like many ps3 and 360) gamers are.. it has minute annoyances but its still a masterpiece.. dont let the 0 user scores deter your... those are simpy voted by brainless 12 year olds who only own a ps3 and are just jealous.. their envy really shows when they spend so much time tryingawesome game.. the only reason it doesnt warrant a perfect score in my book is because im not a lame fan boy (like many ps3 and 360) gamers are.. it has minute annoyances but its still a masterpiece.. dont let the 0 user scores deter your... those are simpy voted by brainless 12 year olds who only own a ps3 and are just jealous.. their envy really shows when they spend so much time trying to sabotage the score on this page... bottom line : excellent game! and fanboys suck Expand
  30. IsaacH.
    Nov 23, 2008
    The Campaign has been vastly improved, the graphics look great and the gameplay less clunky and heavy from the first... Everything Single player is great. Multiplayer drags it down from the first... The addition of matchmaking is a HUGE flaw as most games are laggy unless you can pull host. The Chainsaw is too overpowering and the shotgun, reduced greatly. It's still fun to play and The Campaign has been vastly improved, the graphics look great and the gameplay less clunky and heavy from the first... Everything Single player is great. Multiplayer drags it down from the first... The addition of matchmaking is a HUGE flaw as most games are laggy unless you can pull host. The Chainsaw is too overpowering and the shotgun, reduced greatly. It's still fun to play and a good online experience - and much better than most other shooters (fps or otherwise) - but it just feels like they wanted to change it too much, to have it played completely on their terms, and there definitely needs to be the inclusion of dedicated servers so that lag is not an issue. Expand
  31. JohnM
    Nov 23, 2008
    The first question you have to ask yourself about this game. Is this better than Gears1 ..The answer is without doubt YES . Graphics are amazing, story is brillant, andmuch more fuller than the first.The game has so much style and there's nothing thats like it out there..Its a must buy for any gamer fan..Some siuations you find yourself in are unreal. (wont day anything as dont want The first question you have to ask yourself about this game. Is this better than Gears1 ..The answer is without doubt YES . Graphics are amazing, story is brillant, andmuch more fuller than the first.The game has so much style and there's nothing thats like it out there..Its a must buy for any gamer fan..Some siuations you find yourself in are unreal. (wont day anything as dont want to give anything away for new comers) Multiplayer is a step up aswell..Plenty to do..Horde is awsome...feel the pressure off the locast and get that chainsaw some action.. Take no notice to the sad people with no lives (PS3 Fanboys) who go out off there way to give unbeleivable bad scores just because its an exclusive for a 360. For all ps3 owners..this game alone should be a reasion to get a 360 ..Thats how good it is.. 10/10 without doubt. Expand
  32. BryanFedor
    Nov 23, 2008
    Gears of War 2 is a good game, bu I wouldn't necessarily recommend it. Sometimes, bigger isn't better. The level design in the original Gears of War is better, even without the "boss" battles. The enemies in Gears of War 2 lack distinction. The tickers remind me of less mobile, and therefore, less threatening wretches. What happened to the Berserker, and why get rid of theGears of War 2 is a good game, bu I wouldn't necessarily recommend it. Sometimes, bigger isn't better. The level design in the original Gears of War is better, even without the "boss" battles. The enemies in Gears of War 2 lack distinction. The tickers remind me of less mobile, and therefore, less threatening wretches. What happened to the Berserker, and why get rid of the Kryll? Razor hail? Really? Weapons are unbalanced, too. The mortar is simply too much fun, and the range on the flame thrower is too high. That being said, Gears 2 works because it tries to tell a story, and because the "boss" battles are good enough (even if they're derivative) to keep you entertained. The real juice is in the multiplayer, especially Horde mode. This is where Gears 2 offers enough variety that it earns style points over it's predecessor. By all means, play this game - but make sure you play the original too. Expand
  33. Shaun
    Nov 24, 2008
    Great fun to play, would give a 10 but trying to find a match when you are alone takes an eternity (for me between 5-15 minutes) and for a group of 4 its even worse. Fun though? hell yes. Looks good? Better than ever. Overall gears continues to shine. People tossing scores of 0 should try playing a game before rating it. Yes i'm talking about you Lazarus S. and your rediculous review Great fun to play, would give a 10 but trying to find a match when you are alone takes an eternity (for me between 5-15 minutes) and for a group of 4 its even worse. Fun though? hell yes. Looks good? Better than ever. Overall gears continues to shine. People tossing scores of 0 should try playing a game before rating it. Yes i'm talking about you Lazarus S. and your rediculous review after admitting that you didn't even play it. Expand
  34. Megalordbeatdown
    Nov 29, 2008
    I lined up to get this game when my EB games store opened up at midnight, and wow is this game just brilliant. Basically, it's quite similar to gears of war 1, except it's bigger, better, and more exciting. The story is brilliant, and well-thought, and it's engrossing. After you finish the story/campaign, you can spend endless hours blowing heads on multiplayer, or horde I lined up to get this game when my EB games store opened up at midnight, and wow is this game just brilliant. Basically, it's quite similar to gears of war 1, except it's bigger, better, and more exciting. The story is brilliant, and well-thought, and it's engrossing. After you finish the story/campaign, you can spend endless hours blowing heads on multiplayer, or horde mode, where you have to use your brains to get to all 50 levels or die in the process. Either way, just get this game. It's completely worth your time, and if you are a fan of the 1st one, you'll be in heaven. Expand
  35. RobertB.
    Nov 30, 2008
    This game was amazing, and there is simply no other way of describing it. The graphics are top nothc (though the first one was great as well). The best change in my view is the plot line which i feel is overall one of the, if not the best in any game to date. A runner for one of my all time favorite games? Most definatly.
    Nov 7, 2008
    A spectacular game that lives up to the hype. Almost all the flaws of gears 1 have been remedied in gears 2 as well as the very upscaled visuals, sounds, and storyline. The bots are a nice add-on for people who don't have a LIVE account, want to have a full, private game with only a handful of people, or just plain don't like playing online multiplayer. This game alone would A spectacular game that lives up to the hype. Almost all the flaws of gears 1 have been remedied in gears 2 as well as the very upscaled visuals, sounds, and storyline. The bots are a nice add-on for people who don't have a LIVE account, want to have a full, private game with only a handful of people, or just plain don't like playing online multiplayer. This game alone would probably be a reason to get a 360 if you don't have one already... Expand
  37. MarkW.
    Nov 7, 2008
    An absolutely superb game. I've been playing it since I got it, it's awesome. The graphics are smoother and crisper than the original, the targeting system has been improved so it feels more fluid and much more accurate. The action is even more frenetic. The additions, like being able to scoop up a fallen foe to use as a 'human' shield is great. The extra modes are ace An absolutely superb game. I've been playing it since I got it, it's awesome. The graphics are smoother and crisper than the original, the targeting system has been improved so it feels more fluid and much more accurate. The action is even more frenetic. The additions, like being able to scoop up a fallen foe to use as a 'human' shield is great. The extra modes are ace too - an improved multiplayer and the horde swarm thing. All in all a bigger, better sequel. Expand
  38. MikeH.
    Nov 7, 2008
    Graphics are beautiful. game is smoother then Gears 1 but shotgun is too slow. Hordes is really great! More later as I'm playing online with friends!
  39. RobertH.
    Nov 9, 2008
    Exceptional and addicting game, managed to improve on many facets of the original. The only complaint, which keeps it from a 10: The wait in the matchmaking lobbies is ridiculous. I think I've spent more time waiting to join a game than actually playing any multiplayer modes. I only notched off a point since they'll hopefully fix this in the near future.
  40. James(Grocs)C
    Nov 9, 2008
    Like a lot of people I bought Gears of War 2 on release day - I then proceeded to play it most of the weekend - and for me what was really amazing was that most of the time playing was multi player! GOW 2 multi is outstanding - there is so much variety and with bot support and most of the achievements obtainable in private matches GOW 2 has surpassed my expectations. I've also played Like a lot of people I bought Gears of War 2 on release day - I then proceeded to play it most of the weekend - and for me what was really amazing was that most of the time playing was multi player! GOW 2 multi is outstanding - there is so much variety and with bot support and most of the achievements obtainable in private matches GOW 2 has surpassed my expectations. I've also played through the 1st Act in the Campaign and it is the most exciting and action packed game I've ever played. The production values are incredible - you feel like you are in a hollywood blockbuster. It is that good. So they haven't slouched in the single player game either. If you thought the original Gears of War looked good - wait till you see this. This is the new xbox 360 seller - the must have game on any platform. I've bought 4 games in the last 2 months - Farcry 2, Fallout 3, Fable 2 and Gears of War 2. Based on playing each of these - if I could only afford to buy one game - it would be Gears of War 2. In terms of value for money and if you are looking for fantastic multi combined with a great single player game - you just can't go past GOW 2. Expand
  41. David
    Nov 9, 2008
    Very similar to the first game, which could mean a good thing or a not so good thing. But I liked the first gears so the second one i definitely enjoyed. I always thought the third person shooter system was always a bit quirky for online play but single player was spectacular, I thoroughly enjoyed the plot.
  42. DougF.Sr.
    Dec 15, 2008
    Hopefully all you haters read this! First of all the gamer that thought it was a racing game.You are ridiculous! Anyways...Yes the matchmaking is incredibly horrible,but don't you think they'll fix it? They always seem to fix the problems for the most part.And as for nothing new from the first one.You are crazy,'cause GoW1 was great in it's own way.So great in it'sHopefully all you haters read this! First of all the gamer that thought it was a racing game.You are ridiculous! Anyways...Yes the matchmaking is incredibly horrible,but don't you think they'll fix it? They always seem to fix the problems for the most part.And as for nothing new from the first one.You are crazy,'cause GoW1 was great in it's own way.So great in it's own way that they didn't need to change much, just add a few things.And when GoW1 came out the graphics were incredible and are still higher than any other game system out there!Now that GoW2 came out the graphics are phenomenal and have bypassed every game on graphics.The game play itself is incredible.The campaign is so much better than the first and on insane, it is insane!Yes there are a few things about multiplayer that need to be fixed,but in time will hopefully be fixed.I give this game a 10 out of 10 by far! Expand
  43. PaoloB
    Dec 28, 2008
    Single Player:10 Multiplayer: 7
    Single Player:10 Multiplayer: 7
    I feel like the developers did not listen to the gamers at all while making this sequel. Yes, there's nothing like it out there and is the only game I truly enjoy playing but as an avid GOW 1 multiplayer I feel they screwed it up a bit. I know but talking to fellow players what their concerns are and everyone says the same thing: they messed up the SHOTGUN big time ! Before it was the weapon of choice, using the Chainsow only occasionally but now you have no choice as the SHOTGUN is just ineffective, even bots need two or three shots in the head to die at times, the result is that if you use the SHOTGUN you will more often than not, DIE, probably by chainsaw. The Sniper shot and the BOOMER have all been weakend, everything seems to have been geared towards the CHAINSAW gaming, which makes no sense at all to me. Don't get me wrong, I am not one of those yanks who go around calling people nubes when they Chainsaw but before there was a balance, the chainsaw being just of the options , now that balance has been broken. Never mind releasing new maps and stuff if you release any update please fix the SHOTGUN to what it was before. Single player is awesome, I have been playing for 25 years and, believe it or not, I've only ever finished three games prior to this, one of them being GOW1 ! The games keeps you guessing and constantly throws new things for you to do, always retaining the same unique playability. If anything single player is a little short but it's still terrific. It's quite funny to me how rather obviously the game's creative director Cliffy B created Marcus Fenix out of his reseablance, cleverly disguised, nice try but you cannot hide ones eyes, unless he wears goggles. TOP TOP GAME
  44. ChristopherP.
    Dec 4, 2008
    It's Gears of War, only more epic and even flashier. That about sums it up. I really liked playing coop in the first, and the campaign in this one is, in my opinion, better, just because of how much they ratcheted up the epic factor. It's almost Call of Duty 4-like. There are few quiet spots, but they're not boring and are a brief and welcome change from the constant It's Gears of War, only more epic and even flashier. That about sums it up. I really liked playing coop in the first, and the campaign in this one is, in my opinion, better, just because of how much they ratcheted up the epic factor. It's almost Call of Duty 4-like. There are few quiet spots, but they're not boring and are a brief and welcome change from the constant firefights. There's an air of suspense and thrill at the expectation of some wretches to burst through the window and attack you (and best of all, wretches still do nothing but charge at you, meaning all you have to do is stand there and hold down B to saw each one apart as they come. I'm pretty sure this was intentional as an excuse for the player to make a huge mess of wretch parts, which is great imo). There are some neat little touches throughout the game, too. It's much easier to do team-saws on enemies (when I was playing coop with my brother, he and I and Carmine all chainsawed the same grunt on every side, to our amusement), the saw's become useful again in multiplayer, the new weapons are fun to use (the chaingun mows down everything. Woo! And the mortar rains flaming death on everything you shoot it over, which is about as fun), the hordes you fight are larger, the levels are still gorgeous and often destructible, and everything's just been tuned up to near-perfection. The new multiplayer Horde mode is wonderfully awesome coop action and deserves mention. Being on a team of five, rushing for any ammunition you can find and wishing your gun would shoot faster as you're mowing down wave after wave after wave of Locust that never stop coming, is THE mode to cheer in your headset to. It's a reason to sign up for Gold. The only qualms I have are that the coolest enemy in the game who shows up early, the Darth Maul-style Locust with the twin chainsaws, is a joke of a boss when you finally fight him. My brother and I took him down first try with no difficulty, which sort of was a bust. Worse, he only sporadically tries to melee you! Otherwise he's just sending minions. We were looking forward to finally fighting him the entire game! Totally lame. I was expecting much more chainsaw dueling for that fight, but was really let down by how easy and unimpressive it was. Also, the final act blows. The final boss is just as bad and doesn't really make sense in the story. The ending itself is underwhelming when you finally finish, and the game ends just a bit too soon. Still, I had a whole lot of fun playing the campaign, and I'm still having a blast with Horde. If you liked the first one, it's a real safe bet you'll like this, too. If you didn't like the first, you probably won't like this one. Expand
  45. BenJ.
    Dec 4, 2008
    Its funny, wen y first view the score of this game was in 2.9, and that was even before the realese date, now that I see how it is slowly improving i know that most of the comments come from people who actually play the game, not fanboys form other consoles that are just jellows of some titles, i belive that if this game was multi plataform the user score woild be near 90.
  46. AlexH
    Dec 4, 2008
    As a fan of the first Gears. I can easily say i am still as much a fan the second time around. Solid, polished single player experience with beautiful Art and nice story pacing from Design. I do feel however that Multiplayer has taken a step backwards. I feel adding an option to search for local games or at least per country would have been a much stronger pay off than matching players As a fan of the first Gears. I can easily say i am still as much a fan the second time around. Solid, polished single player experience with beautiful Art and nice story pacing from Design. I do feel however that Multiplayer has taken a step backwards. I feel adding an option to search for local games or at least per country would have been a much stronger pay off than matching players rankings. There is just as much, if not worse lag during games. Expand
  47. JohnLamont
    Jan 17, 2009
    I thoroughly enjoyed this game. Though after one campaign experience I had enough. It was shorter than I expected, but considering the space of an 360 disc you can see why. Multiplayer is fantastic, more than anything that's what really strung my rating up to 9/10, all the different game types, and playing with a friend really makes it worthwhile. You can switch gore (blood) off ifI thoroughly enjoyed this game. Though after one campaign experience I had enough. It was shorter than I expected, but considering the space of an 360 disc you can see why. Multiplayer is fantastic, more than anything that's what really strung my rating up to 9/10, all the different game types, and playing with a friend really makes it worthwhile. You can switch gore (blood) off if you get a bit quezzy. Expand
  48. DerekRomich
    Feb 11, 2009
    I don't play multiplayer so I'm only rating this game from the single player story mode. I thought the pacing was great and the story was okay. You're definitely strung along and left with more questions about Marcus Fenix's past. Dom's story gave a more personal touch to the story which I liked. The action is pretty much the same as the first game (which is aI don't play multiplayer so I'm only rating this game from the single player story mode. I thought the pacing was great and the story was okay. You're definitely strung along and left with more questions about Marcus Fenix's past. Dom's story gave a more personal touch to the story which I liked. The action is pretty much the same as the first game (which is a good thing). The final boss battle is not much of a battle at all; but this is a game that is great based on the sum of all its parts, not just one battle. Expand
  49. jsoem.
    Feb 21, 2009
    This game in my opinion is great far superior than gears of war 1. the new features (frag tags, meatshields and improved cover system to name a few) keeps the series refreshed, the new story was awesome. the cut scenes were great and the twists and turns in the story make for a great game. LOVE IT.
  50. Tj
    Nov 11, 2008
    Gears of War 2 is a good game, with good gameplay elements. However the single player campain seems uninteressing at times and dull. The new muiltiplayer features are the best part of this game. The mulitiplayer modes are addicting and a blast to play, especially without Gears 1 famous "Run 'n' Shotgun" stratagey. However it's mulitiplayer still has a long way to go to Gears of War 2 is a good game, with good gameplay elements. However the single player campain seems uninteressing at times and dull. The new muiltiplayer features are the best part of this game. The mulitiplayer modes are addicting and a blast to play, especially without Gears 1 famous "Run 'n' Shotgun" stratagey. However it's mulitiplayer still has a long way to go to match up with Halo 3's Party up, forge, and limitless options. Expand
  51. MikeC.
    Nov 11, 2008
    An extremely satisfying campaign with unique and thrilling setpieces with each battle seeming like it's own war. Stellar sound and voice acting (even if some of the characters seem to have the intelligence of Conan the Barbarian), and while there are a few very puzzling and laughable bugs (rag doll errors, clipping, severe enemy targeting errors), the epic scope of the violent action An extremely satisfying campaign with unique and thrilling setpieces with each battle seeming like it's own war. Stellar sound and voice acting (even if some of the characters seem to have the intelligence of Conan the Barbarian), and while there are a few very puzzling and laughable bugs (rag doll errors, clipping, severe enemy targeting errors), the epic scope of the violent action more than makes up for it. It won't make you love the gameplay if you hated the first one, but it will further cement fans of action games as loyal devotees of the Gears universe. Well worth every penny. Expand
  52. MattR.
    Nov 13, 2008
    Gears 2 is basically gears one except a lot better. Almost everything that the original Gears of war lacked on Gears 2 made better. With new executions, weapons, enemies, multiplayer modes, and new difficulty level in campaign Gears 2 shines as one of the best 3rd person shooter that i have ever played.
  53. DavidC.
    Nov 15, 2008
    I can see there are a lot of haters giving this game a 0, because the fact is this game is pretty awesome. The graphics are nice, the story is pretty awesome, love the character growth. New weapons, and updates are very nice. The online is much better, in regards to lag. The only down to this game is not being able to go online with a guest and play through matchmaking. Not everyone is I can see there are a lot of haters giving this game a 0, because the fact is this game is pretty awesome. The graphics are nice, the story is pretty awesome, love the character growth. New weapons, and updates are very nice. The online is much better, in regards to lag. The only down to this game is not being able to go online with a guest and play through matchmaking. Not everyone is gonna play with their friends online, and being able to quickly search for a game with guests, like the original would have been awesome. Another flaw, is the falling animation, when a mine blows up, all u can do is watch helplessly at you character being blown away. the cover system has been improved upon, but not perfect. Expand
  54. MattH
    Nov 21, 2008
    I'm really getting a good laugh at all the Sony fanboys who are giving this game a bad ranking simply because this game looks, feels and plays better than anything that's come out on the PS3 to date. This game is absolutely epic. The campaign is very wel done, the graphics are jaw dropping, the story is engaging and it's a ton of fun. The multiplayer is a blast, and I'm really getting a good laugh at all the Sony fanboys who are giving this game a bad ranking simply because this game looks, feels and plays better than anything that's come out on the PS3 to date. This game is absolutely epic. The campaign is very wel done, the graphics are jaw dropping, the story is engaging and it's a ton of fun. The multiplayer is a blast, and extremely addicting. The only thing that takes away from this game is that the matchmaking system is terrible and needs to be revamped. Other than that, it's a brutal, visceral, carnage filled frag fest And I highly recommend it. I really didn't like Gears 1, and was iffy about getting this game, but all my expectations were exceeded and I'm very glad I bought it. Expand
  55. gamertag=smockthegreen
    Nov 23, 2008
    After having played non-stop since release, let me start by saying that the campaign is improved over Gears of War 1. The variety in objectives and scenery make it a more enthralling adventure, and the many sequences that pit you against hordes of locust are more entertaining than the kill-5-guys-and-go-to-the-next-room formula used throughout most of the original campaign. However, Gears After having played non-stop since release, let me start by saying that the campaign is improved over Gears of War 1. The variety in objectives and scenery make it a more enthralling adventure, and the many sequences that pit you against hordes of locust are more entertaining than the kill-5-guys-and-go-to-the-next-room formula used throughout most of the original campaign. However, Gears of War 2's multiplayer does not compare. The level design puts more emphasis on the "power weapons" (sniper, torque bow, etc.) and the beginning of each round is less about cooperation than it is a bum rush to the weapons (see level: "Day One"). While this was true in the first Gears, it is heavily emphasized in the second. The Lancer Rifle/Chainsaw has replaced the shotgun as the game's main weapon, and someone running at you with a revved chainsaw spells imminent doom. Unlike the first, the chainsaw is not easily lowered by one shot, or even two - your best bet is to turn the other direction and run, or pull out your own Lancer. The frag grenade blast radius has reached the point where one full roll away will nearly always result in death, making it almost completely unavoidable. Tagging walls, while a novel idea, creates many standoff situations where both teams are too afraid to turn a corner because of the chance their face will be instantly blown across the map. The shotgun has been weakened and a delay has been added, removing the "shotgun rolling" tactic that almost every Gears 1 MP match consisted of. Gears 2 maps with mortars have become races, and as long as one team holds the mortar the other is stuck on the opposite side of the level, or hiding under some sort of ceiling. Matchmaking takes forever, especially with a party of 4/5, and the voting system forces only gives you an option of 2 of the 6 game and 2 of the many maps, meaning you may not even want to play the game you get into after waiting for 30 minutes. While Gears 2 is at core a similar game to the original, the added content and weakening of Gears 1 tactics result in an ultimately frustrating multiplayer experience. Expand
  56. AaronHarmon
    Nov 23, 2008
    Fantastic game. While its not revolutionary like the first game, it takes the first and adds to it in many ways. I am not going to go into all the details because others have already done so but my feeling is that if you enjoyed the first game, you will enjoy this one.
  57. AugustM.
    Nov 24, 2008
    I don't know how someone can rate this game a 1. That is just ridiculous. I can understand 7, which might come down to personal preference, but knocking the gamemplay, environments, and entertainment level is crazy. These people are the same people that probably voted for McCain. GOW2 is a beautiful game...try reading what the pros wrote--they know their schtuff.
  58. BarlowR.
    Nov 24, 2008
    Lets not beat around the bush, in its full form gears 2 is a vamped up version of gears 1, but really thats were the beauty lies, with improved graphics enemies and weapons gears 2 is definatly a better sequel, save a little lack of replay on the legnthend main campaign this game both on and offline it will keep you entertained and amazed for hours, two words, buy it. ( if you have an xbox).
  59. DenisL.
    Nov 25, 2008
    The first gears was good, this one is awesome. Bigger, better(gameplay, story, graphics...), and artistically perfect. Epic teams are really know their jobs, the unreal engine 3 has never looked like that before. Even if you don't like this kind of game, you just can't deny that it's one of the better action game ever. 9, because perfection is never reached.
  60. MarianoMora
    Dec 15, 2008
    This is a great game. The online play is one of the best for the xbox 360. The co-op is not the best. People don't play that as often so the chances of finding a room for a particular level are slim. The game it self doesn't flow as well as the first for both the. Online and the campaine
  61. Ara
    Dec 23, 2008
    SPOILERS, I guess...

I liked: - New battles with old enemies (brumarks, but specially reavers were fun to fight, their appearances gave a great movie-like feeling to the action) - That fish boss was extremely cool (altough somewhat easy to kill) - Miniguns...it gave a great feeling of FIREPOWER. - That level inside the worm, it was organic and all. Weird that the worm had lungs
    SPOILERS, I guess...

I liked:
    - That fish boss was extremely cool (altough somewhat easy to kill)
    - Miniguns...it gave a great feeling of FIREPOWER.
    - That level inside the worm, it was organic and all. Weird that the worm had lungs and three hearts, but hey...reality went down the toilet a while ago, right?

Didn't like:
    - Final "boss" (was that a JOKE?)
    - Lack of depth in the story
  62. Fanboys_suck
    Dec 23, 2008
    Best game ever made imo. its better than any game the ps3 could get. just to clear somethings up there is NO host advantage, if you know what you're doing smokes are nothing, and it is more epic than gears of war one. All you sony fanboys posting here get a life and stop trashing a game your cr@py system cant even handle. (for anyone looking at these reviews thinking about buying thisBest game ever made imo. its better than any game the ps3 could get. just to clear somethings up there is NO host advantage, if you know what you're doing smokes are nothing, and it is more epic than gears of war one. All you sony fanboys posting here get a life and stop trashing a game your cr@py system cant even handle. (for anyone looking at these reviews thinking about buying this game ignore all the 2's 0's and such they are just sony fanboys) Expand
  63. joeymcone
    Dec 25, 2008
    umm yea so i was looking for a game to get this xmas and i got a xbox 360. i was gonna get nba live but i heard it had a lot of glitches. so i was lookin for a game to get and i rented gears 1 a while ago and liked it. my brother got fable 2 so i decided to get gears 2. yoooooo this game is sick. way better than the first one, it cracks me up how people act like this game is worseumm yea so i was looking for a game to get this xmas and i got a xbox 360. i was gonna get nba live but i heard it had a lot of glitches. so i was lookin for a game to get and i rented gears 1 a while ago and liked it. my brother got fable 2 so i decided to get gears 2. yoooooo this game is sick. way better than the first one, it cracks me up how people act like this game is worse than the first one. they improved on everything, and horde mode is sick. i dont even play many shooting games, i don't like halo but i like this Expand
  64. SteveeRoode
    Dec 26, 2008
    I rarely give 10s but this game is just so enjoyable and I wan't fond of the first gears but this game totally lives up to the hype it deserves, its plot is dark and interesting, some parts are irratingly hard but after thinking what to do its ok but A very fun shooter and personally this is one of my favourates this years games and quite honestly my game of the year because it wasI rarely give 10s but this game is just so enjoyable and I wan't fond of the first gears but this game totally lives up to the hype it deserves, its plot is dark and interesting, some parts are irratingly hard but after thinking what to do its ok but A very fun shooter and personally this is one of my favourates this years games and quite honestly my game of the year because it was such a blast with fun online play Expand
  65. AnonymousMC
    Dec 29, 2008
    A great game. It's far from the best, with its sudden deaths (i.e. if you stand in one place for half of a second too long, you will die without warning) and terrible group of players on it (but that's not the game's fault, that's the fault of LIVE). However, if you have a 360, don't miss this great game. Oh, and if you're wondering about the low userA great game. It's far from the best, with its sudden deaths (i.e. if you stand in one place for half of a second too long, you will die without warning) and terrible group of players on it (but that's not the game's fault, that's the fault of LIVE). However, if you have a 360, don't miss this great game. Oh, and if you're wondering about the low user score, that's from the PS3 fanboys who don't try both games. I'm as ashamed of them as the people lowering the Resistance 2 score. But I'm getting off topic. Just get this game. Expand
  66. Oct 29, 2012
    Gears of War 2 is a fantastic game, with an epic campaign, incredible Horde co-op experience, and improved multiplayer; all in a package that promises to keep players entertained for dozens, if not hundreds of hours. Several issues keep the game from being all it could be, but it remains a worthy addition to any 360 owner's library.
  67. Apr 1, 2013
    I'm not so sure if it tops the first one, maybe they're neck and neck, but it doesn't matter because it is fun. Everything that got your dick hard in the first game is back.
  68. Nov 15, 2011
    Improved multiplayer and visuals definently get a thumbs up from me. However the campaign is shorter and the story is far too recycled from the previous game, Ends exactly the same as well.
  69. Jul 21, 2012
    Despite somewhat repetitve gameplay, multiplayer imbalance and other flaws, overall game is good. The game idea itself is really good. I'm really looking forward to Gears of War 3 and hope it will be better in terms of polish, stability and balance.
  70. Jan 9, 2013
    Gears of war 2 is one the longest and most massive campaigns I have ever played. There is just something about being in a large scale assault against flesh eating monsters with guns that brings out your need to kill in gruesome ways. The 8-10 hour long campaign never gives you time breathe as you shoot, explode, and saw your way through the Locust stronghold. The third person gameplay isGears of war 2 is one the longest and most massive campaigns I have ever played. There is just something about being in a large scale assault against flesh eating monsters with guns that brings out your need to kill in gruesome ways. The 8-10 hour long campaign never gives you time breathe as you shoot, explode, and saw your way through the Locust stronghold. The third person gameplay is fun with easy controls. Filled with returning Gears 1 characters and new bosses makes this game one of my favorites. Expand
  71. Aug 3, 2013
    La accion, los personajes, la trama, la traduccion al español de 10, los mapas estan de poca, un juego muy completo, fallo en el componente multijugador online pero no es para bajarle calificacion, me brindo años de diversion..hominidos..se fue!! jajaja
  72. Mar 8, 2013
    Six months after the Lightmass bombing and humanity is still fighting for control of Sera against the Locust Horde. Though close to defeat the Locust have a secret weapon, one that is sinking the last bastions of humanity one by one. It is up to Marcus, Dom, Cole Baird to reunite as Delta Squad to go deep into the underground Locust cities to find this weapon and destroy it, so thatSix months after the Lightmass bombing and humanity is still fighting for control of Sera against the Locust Horde. Though close to defeat the Locust have a secret weapon, one that is sinking the last bastions of humanity one by one. It is up to Marcus, Dom, Cole Baird to reunite as Delta Squad to go deep into the underground Locust cities to find this weapon and destroy it, so that humanity can be one step closer to being at peace on Sera once again.
    Gears of war 2 takes all of the great gameplay that makes Gears, Gears. However the story is no-where near as strong as last time round and the level design for the Locust cities are just ugly and horrible. GoW2 is still one of the best exclusives for the 360, but its not as good as its predecessor.
  73. Jun 1, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is like having your cake and eating it, too. From the very moment you're training the rook to the end game battle with the Lambent Brumak, the game is very rewarding. A rich story that doesn't interfere with the carnage, the optional gore and language filters that ensure even younger gamers can enjoy the game, and top it off with a variety of challenging enemies, the game is nearly perfect. However, the AI is quite stupid sometimes. A few times, as I was dying, my stupid AI partner, Dom, walked past me ten times at least, and never revived me, as was intended. Nevertheless, don't let that change the perspective of the game. This game is very good, and I recommend it to anyone who loves shooters and action games. Expand
  74. Jun 10, 2012
    Awesome action, new guns, better graphics, Brumak rodeo, more enemies. This is what every fan or lover of shooter games was expecting. But talking about animations (not the CGs), they could be more natural and less robotic, and your character could carry that Mulcher you were carrying in that scene, and not the Lancer...Just making my point.
  75. Oct 27, 2016
    One thing is certain, Gears of War 2, managed to surpass its predecessor with great mastery. The plot has improved, became more dramatic, leading even to breathe in '' The Lord of the Rings '' (There are certain scenes from the games with some similarities to films) Your gameplay became more insane, the action is more frantic than ever and very surreal. Gears 2, back light improvements ofOne thing is certain, Gears of War 2, managed to surpass its predecessor with great mastery. The plot has improved, became more dramatic, leading even to breathe in '' The Lord of the Rings '' (There are certain scenes from the games with some similarities to films) Your gameplay became more insane, the action is more frantic than ever and very surreal. Gears 2, back light improvements of all that was in the first, and offers us more a great high-level action game. Expand
  76. Jun 25, 2013
    It might not be as exceptionally memorable as its predecessor, but Epic Games's follow-up still delivers all the action, characters, and violence that gamers warmly embrace.
  77. May 29, 2013
    This is a sequel that every Gears fan should play from start to finish! The campaign is great, especially with co-op and the MP is fun! Gears of War 2, in my opinion, is the best in the series!
  78. May 30, 2013
    A wonderful followup to an already great game. The campaign is still awesome and draws me in every time. They added Horde which allows you to fight against wave after wave of Locust infantry alone or with 4 of your bro's. Multiplayer is once again not user friendly, but is very enjoyable. Gears 2 is worth your money and will bring you a great many hours of fun.
  79. Jun 3, 2013
    This is the game that started it all when it comes to horde mode. My friends and I spent countless hours playing it, seeing how long we could last. It was also innovative with its huge set pieces and interesting story. Everything was better than the first and set up a near-perfect series finale.
  80. Dec 6, 2013
    nfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffnfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffjnfjdsbfjkdfbdsjkfbjdbfjdbjbfjdbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb Expand
  81. Sep 13, 2013
    For its gameplay, graphics, campaign, epic moments, further improvements with respect to the first, a great leap in the series undoubtedly, is a real gem.
  82. Sep 9, 2013
    A very good sequel that changes and adds things in to make it feel like a fresh new experience, I recommend this game to anyone that owns an Xbox 360.
  83. Apr 11, 2016
    This is a worthy sequel to a great game. The single player has more action and explosions, though the story is still about a bunch of space marines being badasses. Who cares? The point is to shoot stuff, and in that approach, it's a great experience that has tight controls and rewarding combat.
  84. Jan 10, 2014
    mejores graficos, mejor jugabilidad, mejor sonido y un mejor multijugador que el videojuego anterior un gears of war que demuestra su actual progreso en xbox 360 y el mejor gears of war
  85. Jan 6, 2014
    in my opinion the best third person shooter on the x-box 360 even better then the other 3 games if you have not played this game yet pick it up great shooting action long campaign collectibles horde mode is quite fun also and the limited edition comes with the golden lancer witch looks awesome unlike the one from gears of war 3 the achievements will keep you coming back for morein my opinion the best third person shooter on the x-box 360 even better then the other 3 games if you have not played this game yet pick it up great shooting action long campaign collectibles horde mode is quite fun also and the limited edition comes with the golden lancer witch looks awesome unlike the one from gears of war 3 the achievements will keep you coming back for more so much replay value 1750G Expand
  86. Aug 2, 2015
    That's f**cking crane stage is totally broken. can't get pass it, even with all guides. And that useless Dom... whole act he is just sitting somewhere. So i'm going to watch the ending on youtube.
  87. Jan 20, 2014
    When I think of what I love about GoW... This is the game I think of. It took everything from Gears of War (1) and made it better. The single player is decent, but this game ought to be purchased for the multiplayer.. That is where it's real value lies. Expect frustration at first... The multiplayer is very difficult to a newcomer. Don't expect an experience anything like CoD. This game isWhen I think of what I love about GoW... This is the game I think of. It took everything from Gears of War (1) and made it better. The single player is decent, but this game ought to be purchased for the multiplayer.. That is where it's real value lies. Expect frustration at first... The multiplayer is very difficult to a newcomer. Don't expect an experience anything like CoD. This game is like the anti-CoD. When you die, you sit until the next round. You don't have an endless combination of guns, perks, or anything that could give a player a disproportionate advantage. This is a raw gaming experience that I only recommend to people that understand the quote "Everything worth doing is worth doing badly". The multiplayer experience is infinitely rewarding, but is not for the casual gamer (go back to CoD). Expand
  88. Dec 10, 2014
    More guns, more gore, what else could someone want? The story is also great and has some emotional moments that almost made me tear up.

Verdict:
    A great game with emotional moments
  89. Sep 10, 2015
    After playing through and completing the campaign I am absolutely stunned. The games looks beautiful and play beautifully too. The story offered more than thought and blew me away. Some bugs are still appearing but that doesn't hinder the fact that it is one of the bext games out on Xbox 360. Multiplayer is enhanced although needs ironing out in places. Stupid amounts of fun can be hadAfter playing through and completing the campaign I am absolutely stunned. The games looks beautiful and play beautifully too. The story offered more than thought and blew me away. Some bugs are still appearing but that doesn't hinder the fact that it is one of the bext games out on Xbox 360. Multiplayer is enhanced although needs ironing out in places. Stupid amounts of fun can be had with mates and Horde is another stunning co-op inventive feature. A superb game, any fans of shooters, good MP games or gore should get this. Expand
  90. Feb 12, 2017
    The sequel to one of the most popular new IP of the console was obviously very expected, did they improve the formula or just re hash the same game ?

Technically Epic continued to push forward the boundaries of the 360 hardware with astonishing visuals for the time, it runs flawlessly and impress you as soon as they got a chance. The art direction is more varied than the first game and some of the boss are very inspired.

Concerning the gameplay the TPS formula is better executed and the game will offer a great variety of situations so that you'll never fall in some routine. The cinematic realisation is also a great "Waho" factor that will rhythm your playthrough in the most positive way. The only bad thing is that even in the hardest difficulty the game is not challenging.

The story is way more detailed than in the first game which is very good, I finally care about Marcus and the gang they stopped being just random badasses (for the most part), the global story is also more incentive and now I do care about winning the fight against the locust, and also I want to have the answers to some questions raised by this opus. The game is still predictable but still huge improvement in this section. Shamefully the campaign is still way too short (5-6 hours) and it's not with the very rare online activity that you will find today that you may prolonged the experience.

In conclusion Gears of War 2 is better in every department than the first game, the predictable story and very short length are the only things in the way of perfection, still for the handful of $/€ it cost today it would be an error to not play it if you like the action genre.
  91. May 15, 2015
    I was excited in every mission wondering what will happen next with an amazing soundtrack which just pumped me up but it was a disappointing ending, but a good squel!
  92. May 24, 2015
    I'm not sure why this game has a lower user score than the original, except maybe because it's not the original. I personally enjoyed this game more. I bought it when it was on a digital sale six months after playing the first GoW game. At first, I felt like the campaign was the same old thing but it quickly got better. Not only are there more guns (and more guns=more fun) but the sale ofI'm not sure why this game has a lower user score than the original, except maybe because it's not the original. I personally enjoyed this game more. I bought it when it was on a digital sale six months after playing the first GoW game. At first, I felt like the campaign was the same old thing but it quickly got better. Not only are there more guns (and more guns=more fun) but the sale of battles can get pretty immense. You'll ride on the back of massive locust creatures and gun down dozens of enemies. You'll rain mortars down on your foes. You'll travel to a hellish city udnderground. On top of the epic campaign is the multiplayer which is just as good as last time, but again not the reason to buy this game. GoW2 features an all-new co-op mode (it was all-new, I mean), which adds to the fun! I'd give GoW an 8.0/10 and I'd give this great sequel an 8.5/10. And one last comment: the story is better this time around, with more reason to care about the characters. Expand
  93. Dec 27, 2015
    They have taken the second rennovation of Gears of Wars and was also very exciting, and captivating play for many hours to stay with square eyes glued to the screen.
  94. Sep 29, 2015
    This game has one of the most tear-jerking stories I've ever had the joy of playing, possibly because i read the follow up book(Aspho Fields, You should buy it, great read) but anyway the story has depth equal to the last of us and the arkham series. Definitely a worthy sequel to Gears 1 as it packs in the action and brilliant character development as well as marvelous universe building.This game has one of the most tear-jerking stories I've ever had the joy of playing, possibly because i read the follow up book(Aspho Fields, You should buy it, great read) but anyway the story has depth equal to the last of us and the arkham series. Definitely a worthy sequel to Gears 1 as it packs in the action and brilliant character development as well as marvelous universe building. Gears 2 also has an added horde mode which is a game mode where you face an onslaught of constantly changing enemies and challenges, the first of its kind but sadly most games nowadays have copied it so it's not as groundbreaking as it once was. 10/10 definitely worth a buy. Expand
  95. Dec 2, 2015
    Much improved from Gears 1. Plays smoothly and the visuals look great for 360. The singleplayer is what you expect, gory exciting third person action with a simple plot, which is what Gears should be.

The multiplayer is some of the most fun I've ever played. It's essential you get a group of friends or communicate with your team to succeed online. Few games offer such strategy and deep thinking as well as high level of skill into it's online multiplayer. With only 1 life in each round, you really have to think and strategize with your team to determine how to control certain areas of the map, how to obtain power weapons, and who should defend what location, attack the enemy with what and from where.

Some of my best video gaming memories come from playing Gears 2 all night with my friends during the summer, and it's hard to find a game that offers this much satisfaction in multiplayer.
  96. Feb 23, 2016
    Just like with the Gears of war 1 and 3 . I have played through this campaign about 100 times and it is still not old , because its Gears of war . I will always love Gears of war for being Gears of war . Brilliant story line with some improvements over the already excellent predecessor . a Good idea to add bots to the muliplayer as this has pulled me to the mulitplayer side as well whereJust like with the Gears of war 1 and 3 . I have played through this campaign about 100 times and it is still not old , because its Gears of war . I will always love Gears of war for being Gears of war . Brilliant story line with some improvements over the already excellent predecessor . a Good idea to add bots to the muliplayer as this has pulled me to the mulitplayer side as well where with Gears 1 , I only played campaign . The horde mode is excellent but the ammo is scarce if you are more than 2 players as each map only has 2 ammo boxes that take forever to respawn . Nevertheless , this is a fantastic game Expand
  97. Apr 8, 2016
    This is very very good game . One of best actions on Xbox 360 and very interesting game . This is exclusive game for Xbox 360 and this game one of best Xbox 360 exclusives . Normal graphics , awesome gameplay , amazing storyline . Very good game . 9/10 .
  98. Mar 24, 2016
    The highlight of the Gears of War series, GOW 2 picks up and improves on the first instalment of the franchise by adding in four-player co-op for you and 3 friends to play, but if you're going solo then there is a hugely enjoyable campaign with some ridiculous boss fights, and all the blood and gore of the original.

Though some aspects of the story may be forgotten or lost in the

Though some aspects of the story may be forgotten or lost in the shuffle, the main characters are once again some of the finest characters in video games, from the gritty realistic versions of Mario and Luigi in Marcus and Dom, to the unforgettable Cole Train and the sarcastic Baird. The addition and improvement of the multiplayer is also a welcome addition, and everything about Gears of War 2 shows off everything that gaming can do, in fantastic fashion.
  99. Nov 24, 2016
    One of the best games on 360. Probably one of the main reasons I bought the console. The story is amazing, the visuals look beautiful to this day, the gameplay is addicting. Probably the best Gears game to date.

1. There are very few ways that Gears of War 2 could be improved on. Only the story and the final boss in particular are a slight disappointment. Fanboys will love the fact that only one of a multitude of story arcs is concluded; everyone else will feel slightly unfulfilled. But aside from this, Gears 2 is not just the most exhilarating game you'll play this year, but possibly the most heady and downright shocking piece of entertainment full stop. Hollywood, your days are numbered. [Dec 2008, p.61]
  2. The real star, however, is Horde, a ballistic assault on your worst score-rush tendencies that transforms maps into Gears-flavoured Mutant Storm: weapons spawn, then a wave of enemies hits, then more weapons and then another, tougher, wave.
  3. 360 Gamer Magazine UK
    We could be critical of Gears of War 2 simply offering more of the same, but the fact that it simply does everything better than the original in delivering a fantastic display of shoot-’em-up mayhem its quality simply shines through. With some awesome level design, supported by unsurpassed visuals and relentlessly entertaining action it is a compelling experience from start to finish. Forget the crack at putting emotion into the storyline; it’s almost irrelevant as Gears of War 2 is an allguns- blazing extravaganza and, as such, it’s just a glorious shooter that very few can match.