7.7

1. Nov 8, 2011
    A unforgettable campaign story just like Halo was. The game trilogy comes to and end and the ending is spectacular. I had to admit this game won't get you bored even if it did the beast mode or horde mode changed things around a lot. This is one of those games that you won't put in your game shelf and you probably will leave it right next to your Xbox and if your still bored there are moreA unforgettable campaign story just like Halo was. The game trilogy comes to and end and the ending is spectacular. I had to admit this game won't get you bored even if it did the beast mode or horde mode changed things around a lot. This is one of those games that you won't put in your game shelf and you probably will leave it right next to your Xbox and if your still bored there are more DLC for Gears 3 to come. And there are lots. I thank the epic community for making this game. Expand
  2. Nov 9, 2011
    You can't describe perfection, and that's what this game is to me! Some minor issues with the game, but none that effect gameplay come to mind. Best of the series so far1
  3. Nov 9, 2011
    This game is awesome. I play it everyday! Horde mode is addicting and Beast is good, clean fun. Of course, versus is amazing. It also has the best campaign I've ever played.
  4. Nov 10, 2011
    The graphics on Gears of War 3 are impressive. The storyline is also as heart moving as could be. Filled with all the characters you have grown to know and love, you watch and see as they go through their final hours. Making it as epic as ever could be. 9/10*
  5. Nov 10, 2011
    All i can say is thank god i don't have to put up with the sissy drama between BF3 and MW3.. Gears of war 3 FTW!!! For my review this game has really be polished off, and it performs well on all aspects. There was a lot of confussion that was undon from gow2, and i think the devs did a really good job about telling the story about what happen. The game is really meant to be played fromAll i can say is thank god i don't have to put up with the sissy drama between BF3 and MW3.. Gears of war 3 FTW!!! For my review this game has really be polished off, and it performs well on all aspects. There was a lot of confussion that was undon from gow2, and i think the devs did a really good job about telling the story about what happen. The game is really meant to be played from first to last. Expand
  6. Nov 10, 2011
    que dire sur cette merveille de technologie que du bon que dire sur cette merveille de technologie que du bon que dire sur cette merveille de technologie que du bon que dire sur cette merveille de technologie que du bon
  7. Nov 10, 2011
    Gears Of War 3 closes out the epic saga in style. Refining to perfection rather than revolutionising, Gears 3 is the culmination of years of work of perfecting the third person shooter. Gameplay wise, this is the best third person cover shooter there is. It's fast and fluid, but meaty and realistic. It flows wonderfully and feels honed to perfection. Controls are perfect and level designGears Of War 3 closes out the epic saga in style. Refining to perfection rather than revolutionising, Gears 3 is the culmination of years of work of perfecting the third person shooter. Gameplay wise, this is the best third person cover shooter there is. It's fast and fluid, but meaty and realistic. It flows wonderfully and feels honed to perfection. Controls are perfect and level design is excellent. Every firefight feels fresh and enjoyable, and although it does get boring fighting the Lambent occasionally, there are enough twists to keep the gameplay fresh to the end. This is how third person shooters are meant to play. As for the story of Delta Squad, Gears 3 delivers a surprisingly different tale to what we've come to expect. This is a road movie, as Delta Squad head out on one final journey to make their last stand. It's emotional and enjoyable, and the bleakness is perfectly portrayed. In the end it turns out to be the most coherent and enjoyable chapter in the already fantastically presented narrative. The multiplayer is also stellar. Epic have refined and polished the formula to a crisp sheen. Versus is incredibly well presented and enjoyable, and Horde 2.0 and the new Beast mode are incredibly fun. I've never been one to stick with Gears multiplayer for too long after release, but I can safely say Gears 3's multiplayer is so well realised, that as far as the quintessential Xbox multiplayer goes, it has taken its place alongside Halo. I will be playing this for years to come. In the end, this is the best game in one of the best franchises on consoles, and the best third person shooter there is. You owe it to yourself to play it. Expand
  8. Nov 10, 2011
    What a way to "end with a bang". The plot is a cut above the rest. The gameplay is incredible and the character development throughout the whole series made the game that much more fun to play. The multiplayer never fails to disappoint, but this game in particular did everything right. They really looked at the problems from the previous games and improved upon them. I would recommend thisWhat a way to "end with a bang". The plot is a cut above the rest. The gameplay is incredible and the character development throughout the whole series made the game that much more fun to play. The multiplayer never fails to disappoint, but this game in particular did everything right. They really looked at the problems from the previous games and improved upon them. I would recommend this to a friend, which isn't something I do often! Expand
  9. Nov 12, 2011
    My favorite gears of war yet, It took everything that was good in the first two games, and added even more to it. They put everything they had into their final installment of the series and it shows. Will always be a popular series and it only guaranteed its self a place in best series of the past decade.
  10. Nov 21, 2011
    One of the best Games i ever played.
    Graphic ist definitly one of the best and the best feature is the Co-Op I hope it will come more of Gears of War
  11. Nov 11, 2011
    This isn't gaming nirvana, but this is about as close as you can get. Gears has always been one of my favorite game series, if not THE favorite. It offers a fresh slap in the face to the linear "two guys shooting each other in a quasi-modern environment in a war never to be explained, all the while throwing every element of actual war out the window in order to bring out everyThis isn't gaming nirvana, but this is about as close as you can get. Gears has always been one of my favorite game series, if not THE favorite. It offers a fresh slap in the face to the linear "two guys shooting each other in a quasi-modern environment in a war never to be explained, all the while throwing every element of actual war out the window in order to bring out every cliché element in the book" games. The campaign and multiplayer (though, not a stick at gears, but modern multiplayer in general, developers need to do something about camping, honestly, its a cheap pain in the ass) are both enjoyable. The addition of bots for us ForeverAlone people without Xbox Live is a nice plus too.

The weapons are diverse in both styling and usage. There's the iconic Lancer chainsaw rifle, and the deadly but short ranged Sawed-Off Shotgun and even the tricky "Digger", which fires a Bouncing Betty like projectile under enemy cover. The edition of all these elements ensures that no one gun and player ever has a constant advantage. Cover, always being a Gears staple and one of my favorite elements of the game, is still well implemented. If one stands out in the open, you'll be mown down. Most games don't have well implemented cover beyond standing behind a wall, staring at it.

The characters, if not always scholarly in their speech, are relatable and are bound to get a chuckle out of you here and there. And, finally, we now have playable female characters! On that note, they are well implemented, neither of them are whiny or stereotypical female fighter like. It's clear that they are here to kick Locust ass, and they don't need help doing so.

The campaign ends on a satisfying note, if uncertain, and the story itself is laudable, fraught with twists and turns enough to keep it interesting, but not so to the point of it being melodramatic. The new Ribbons and Medals mechanic adds even more playability to any mode you choose, adding a leveling mechanic. Quite simply, the higher level you are, the more characters you get. Getting kills with a weapon will eventually unlock a unique execution for that weapon. The executions are brutal, satisfying, and PERSONAL. Nothing sends more of a message to the enemy than kicking them down and slamming a revved chainsaw into their neck. Leveling never feels like grinding, it's more like playing games, having a hell of a good time and watching your XP bar increase with a grin on your face. The Ribbons are awarded for doing a usually simple in game task, and it provides impetus for players to go beyond their usual comfort zones and try for something amazing to get points. Medals work in a similar manner, though they work by doing something several times over, and award you with unique titles behind their name. A gamertag with the title P3P3 L3 P3W P3W (Highest level "Skunk" metal) is a force to be feared.

There's a wide range of Multiplayer game types that require more than just a good aim to accomplish, they require strategy. There's the tried and true Team Deathmatch, and warzone, as well as Execution (like warzone but every enemy must be oneshotted or executed). But there's also desperate slaughter matches of King of the Hill, nerve wracking games of Capture the Leader and utter Paranoia of Wingman. No two games are the same, every one needs a little bit of a tweak in your strategy.

In summation, there's still a lot I didn't cover, like the rebuilt Horde and the new Beast mode for you to uncover, but overall, Gears is a buy that won't leave you disappointed, no matter how many ill-informed reviews from CoD fanboys there are.

P.S. if you're up for a laugh http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3?user_review_id=1885242 MW3 currently has a 1.7 user rating. Fine job Activision... Fiiiine Job. *Clap, clap, clap*
  12. Nov 13, 2011
    It's a very good game the only problem is that this very slow, if more dynamic finish it again but with a single rent in block is enough.
    I would rather play a halo, a ninja gaiden, or a blue dragon.
  13. Dec 18, 2011
    Genial, épico, bibrante y con unos gráficos como nunca se habia visto. El multijugador excelente, mantiene el ritmo de la campaña que también se puede jugar online y offline. Mejora en todo a los 2 anteriores.
  14. Nov 13, 2011
    Easily my game of the year for 2011, pure and simply its just such a great package with so much replayabilty. All this praise coming from someone that has never really enjoyed the series, but this third outing really gets everything right.
  15. Nov 16, 2011
    Amazing game, one of the best i've ever played. The best ending of this incredible saga.
    Be able to play with 4 of my friends coop its a great plus
    Thanks EPIC games for this game.
  16. Nov 13, 2011
    Thank you epic.a really good gears game with dedicated servers for online play and epic keep things interesting by having special weekend events.the game itself is graphically fantastic and the story is good to.so many unlocks and ways to play the game whether your new to the gears universe or a regular gear.so much fun to play would recommend this to anyone.
  17. Nov 14, 2011
    Multiplayer bom, Campanha boa, Modos Horda e Besta, um jogo de tirar o folego, nunca havera jogo com uma jogabilidade tão incrivel e diferenciada, Gears of War para mim é o jogo do Ano,
  18. Nov 14, 2011
    This game is best played with four friends, anyone who is having a problem with the game or not liking it this will improve your expierence drastically
  19. Nov 15, 2011
    This is hands down the best gears yet! If someone doesn't like this game they just don't like gears of war in general or 3rd person shooters. The best graphics on any console (I cant believe some sights don't mention this), silky smooth m-player now that it is on dedicated servers. Love that it supports 3d too! You just can't go wrong with gears man.
  20. Nov 15, 2011
    Wow, what a game! Just when you think it can't get any more Epic, they release new and exciting DLC! Horde 2.0 is a an incredible experience, especially if you have a competent team. The campaign is good, but much more enjoyable when playing co-op. If you like GOW & GOW 2, you will really enjoy the final installment!
  21. Nov 15, 2011
    This was the best Gears game ever. I don't understand how people don't like to story to it. It's awesome. Sure you do the same rolling and avoid damage, but a lot of games are like that, like CoD and such. I love this game, and that's my opinion
  22. Nov 18, 2011
    Excellent game, which really shines out from the other third person cover based shooters due to beautiful graphics, a surprisingly touching storyline, a new scale of epicness in the campaign not seen in previous Gears installments, addictive multiplayer, what more is there to say?
  23. Nov 18, 2011
    Great improvements made. The biggest improvement is the online system. The servers are very consistent, the gameplay is fun, the maps are much better than Gears 2's maps. Horde is much improved. The graphics are also much better than previous Gears titles. The story was pretty well done also. Overall, a great conclusion to the trilogy.
  24. Nov 20, 2011
    Uh its Gears of War what did you expect. Its one of the coolest third peson shooters and it takes skill unlike COD. So get it and lets go **** some locust up!!
  25. Nov 20, 2011
    This game is A must have for gears fans and people that like shooting games this game is really nice i play this game for a long time and never get bored of it because it is really good. The graphics are way nice and impressive.
  26. Nov 21, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ahhh.....the conclusion to one of my favorite franchises is bittersweet. The gameplay and controls are flawless and the difficulty of the game is paced wonderfully. The only complaint that I have ab Gears 3 is the final boss battle, where I should have been able to kill the queen, not just the bug she rode on. I hate that they took that option out of your hands and instead did it through a cut scene. But overall the gameplay is epic as usual and the multiplayer is one of the best parts. The game excels in every aspect and is a definite must own. Expand
  27. Nov 23, 2011
    This is easily my favorite game of the trilogy and my favorite game on the Xbox 360. Epic worked hard to make both single and multi-player the most refined and perfected experience it has ever been in the series. What really concerns me is the large number of douchbags who give the the game a 1 just because their Xbox haters and wanna bash on everything good that comes out on the 360. AnyThis is easily my favorite game of the trilogy and my favorite game on the Xbox 360. Epic worked hard to make both single and multi-player the most refined and perfected experience it has ever been in the series. What really concerns me is the large number of douchbags who give the the game a 1 just because their Xbox haters and wanna bash on everything good that comes out on the 360. Any reviewer who gives this game lower than a 7 without good reason is complete trash, get a friken life. Expand
  28. Dec 6, 2011
    Truth be told, Epic has mastered itself, bringing a game which has defined perfection and quality of this genre. Gears of War 3 is polished, accessible and rewarding whilst providing a mighty action packed campaign and an addictive competitive and cooperative multiplayer. Gears of War 3 is a game that every 360 owner should have in thier library.
  29. Jan 9, 2013
    Gears of war 3 combines the best traits of the first two games refines and polishes them into a shiny new chainsaw bayonet. This game is absolutely gorgeous, everything from the environments, the guns, to the bug free gameplay. The addition of beast mode and arcade just adds more hours of endless fun not to mention the awesome new features in horde mode. If playing as a Berserker in beastGears of war 3 combines the best traits of the first two games refines and polishes them into a shiny new chainsaw bayonet. This game is absolutely gorgeous, everything from the environments, the guns, to the bug free gameplay. The addition of beast mode and arcade just adds more hours of endless fun not to mention the awesome new features in horde mode. If playing as a Berserker in beast mode doesn't get your heart pumping then check your vitals because you're probably dead. Expand
  30. Dec 16, 2011
    Gears of war 3 is the best in the series by a mile. The multiplayer is great no flaws, and the first game with a way to kill campers. The digger gun! Great graphics on both SP and MP. 4 player co-op and just an all round epic game. While saying epic, I hope they have some plans up there sleeves as it's ashame this is the end for gears. Possible spin offs witch would be great as it's anGears of war 3 is the best in the series by a mile. The multiplayer is great no flaws, and the first game with a way to kill campers. The digger gun! Great graphics on both SP and MP. 4 player co-op and just an all round epic game. While saying epic, I hope they have some plans up there sleeves as it's ashame this is the end for gears. Possible spin offs witch would be great as it's an amazing franchise. The MP is fresh and I just love playing on it, a great action game and one of the best on the 360. Epic should be very proud as this is a top contender for game of the year. That's about all I have to say on it really other then à Expand
  31. Dec 17, 2011
    Four games in one.You can spend hours alone on both campaign, versus, horde, and beast. At sixty bucks, it is a steal. If you have to get one shooter this year, get this one. You won't be disappointed.
  32. Dec 27, 2011
    EPIC!!! I don't need to say anything... This game is one of the best games I ever played in my life. I stoped in each wonderfull place just to see the work design. And to speak about the history, I just need to say: EPIC!!!
  33. Dec 30, 2011
    This game was certainly epic.. My first game of the GoW series was GoW 2.. Instantly I loved the chainsaw onslaught and the execution.. In GoW3, there's guns where they are names which is really convenient... Storyline was good but it would not made possibly without the marvellous characters... Even though they curse a lot but who gives a damn.. With the retro lancer and violent yetThis game was certainly epic.. My first game of the GoW series was GoW 2.. Instantly I loved the chainsaw onslaught and the execution.. In GoW3, there's guns where they are names which is really convenient... Storyline was good but it would not made possibly without the marvellous characters... Even though they curse a lot but who gives a damn.. With the retro lancer and violent yet exciting gameplay this game got a hollywood style storyline that not only delivers action pack storyline but also the lives of humans on Serra.. The developers did a very good job to let gamers feel alive with the story... Overall, 9/10... Just dislike to the 'hold Y' to execute an enemy which cause a second or two (priceless in the heat of battle).. Best line by carmine.. Haha.. 'Eat dirt and die **** To those who are blind saying this game a thrash.. Expand
  34. Jan 5, 2012
    one of the best games i have ever played with a heartful story that gets you attached to the characters and excellent gameplay as the previous gears of wars and slight improvement to graphics but you really can't get the graphics much better than them. also it has amazing gameplay mechanics and even further improved multiplayer which gives this game an excellent replay value
  35. Jan 6, 2012
    I loved this game me and my friend just completed the story and it was pretty good. But what made the game great the me was the multiplayer and horde modes. With servers that are very reliable, the multiplayer runs smoothly with very little lag and has a few new game modes like brothers to the end. Horde features lots of new changes now using money and tower defense like features like autoI loved this game me and my friend just completed the story and it was pretty good. But what made the game great the me was the multiplayer and horde modes. With servers that are very reliable, the multiplayer runs smoothly with very little lag and has a few new game modes like brothers to the end. Horde features lots of new changes now using money and tower defense like features like auto turrets and walls that can be upgraded. To me this game stood out in the sea of shooters. Expand
  36. Jan 22, 2012
    Im confused. Like why was the game even pushed back, because they clearly didn't make any improvements to the game what so ever. I flat out didn't like this game at all, its the same as Gears 2m if not worse. The only noticeable approvment i saw was the ability to play as a Female, but it was at random. They also add a new character Jayce, who is probably the worse character in the entireIm confused. Like why was the game even pushed back, because they clearly didn't make any improvements to the game what so ever. I flat out didn't like this game at all, its the same as Gears 2m if not worse. The only noticeable approvment i saw was the ability to play as a Female, but it was at random. They also add a new character Jayce, who is probably the worse character in the entire franchise. Thank god i rented this , because if i woulda bought it, i woulda snapped it in half. Expand
  37. Jan 31, 2012
    Gears of War 3 is the best triology out on the market today. The story line is fantastic and gameplay is even better. Epic does a great job at keeping the online play great too. DLC is being shipped out frequently which always keeps online play fun and new. There were some questions that were not answered which means more campaign DLC could be on its way!
  38. Feb 7, 2012
    Grab a couple of red bulls, grow a fu manchu, and tattoo yourself with ridiculous cliches. It's time for Gears of war. I love this game. It's ridiculous and unrealistic, and that's what makes it great. I liken it to the Contra of this generation. The co-op has never been better, and the multiplayer finally added team deathmatch. The campaign is very fun whether you want to just playGrab a couple of red bulls, grow a fu manchu, and tattoo yourself with ridiculous cliches. It's time for Gears of war. I love this game. It's ridiculous and unrealistic, and that's what makes it great. I liken it to the Contra of this generation. The co-op has never been better, and the multiplayer finally added team deathmatch. The campaign is very fun whether you want to just play through the story or have some friendly competition with arcade mode. A lot of players are complaining about the sawed off shotgun but it doesn't effect the game too much if a) you use it too or b) you are skilled with the gnasher OR c) keep your distance. Overall, this game is one that i can pick up and play at any time. I would recommend it to anyone. Expand
  39. Feb 9, 2012
    The COG Takes a Turn for the Better

The COG Takes a Turn for the Better

While this game may be lacking in the rustic, gloomy feeling I've come to know and love from the previous installments of Gears of War, I think it's a change for the better. Gears of War was always a fun series, but a lot of people were turned off by how slow the characters moved and how different it was from the more popular first person shooters, like anything from the Call of Duty series. I think that Gears of War 3 does it's best to appeal to that crowd without alienating its previous fans. I feel that Epic Games did a fantastic job putting this game together; it was put together much better than the previous two. There are more characters available and a couple new game modes as well as a system of ribbons and medals.
    Epic only technically added a few new characters to the game, the rest of the characters are just creative spins on the older characters. For example, they have Augustus Cole in a thrashball outfit, in his classic gear, and in a special outfit with some bling. Of course, most of the characters arenâ
  40. Feb 14, 2012
    The best third Person shooter ever this games cover system works better then any other I have ever played with The story mode is amazing and clever the variation of game modes are awesome the upgrade of horde mode works great beast mode is great and there are online dedicated servers now pick up this game you will not be dissapointed
  41. Feb 23, 2012
    plenty of fast paced, violent action in this game. story was pretty good, allowing players to feel some emotion of the game, although i had a few questions that never got answered. multiplayer offers more fast paced game types and call of duty style milestones like medals and ribbons for completeing certain tasks. some interesting new weapons and characters. and of course gridlock is back.plenty of fast paced, violent action in this game. story was pretty good, allowing players to feel some emotion of the game, although i had a few questions that never got answered. multiplayer offers more fast paced game types and call of duty style milestones like medals and ribbons for completeing certain tasks. some interesting new weapons and characters. and of course gridlock is back. graphics are still top notch and connection is great. tons of replay ability. still love gears 1 the most but gears 3 is just a notch below it. Expand
  42. Mar 2, 2012
    Epic games have recaptured the magic of Gears one and two for the third time and have even improved on it. Gears of War Three is fantastic; filled with action and story in equal parts from the get go. You may have expected the exact same carbon copy of gameplay from the previous installments. And for the most part you are correct. The cover system is basically the same, and even most ofEpic games have recaptured the magic of Gears one and two for the third time and have even improved on it. Gears of War Three is fantastic; filled with action and story in equal parts from the get go. You may have expected the exact same carbon copy of gameplay from the previous installments. And for the most part you are correct. The cover system is basically the same, and even most of the guns didnâ Expand
  43. Mar 22, 2012
    Gears of war three is by far the best Gears of War. When it comes to gameplay, concept, and multiplayer it beats its predecessors by a longshot. The new Beast Mode will keep you play playing for hours.
  44. Mar 26, 2012
    the best of the three ones, while the story wasn't as good as the Second one, this one had a flawless gameplay and the Campaign just feels, right. This is a must buy
  45. May 4, 2012
    I thought the game play is always excellent but the storyline could have been better. Multiplayer is better in some respects but terrible in others. For instance, the fortification aspect is pretty bad ass along with money accrual, I think it adds more competition against other players online. My main gripe about the game and where I think that epic dropped the ball big time is assigningI thought the game play is always excellent but the storyline could have been better. Multiplayer is better in some respects but terrible in others. For instance, the fortification aspect is pretty bad ass along with money accrual, I think it adds more competition against other players online. My main gripe about the game and where I think that epic dropped the ball big time is assigning hosts or host migration having a direct effect on fortification accrual. This is huge for online participation because once gamers lose all fortifications due to host migration, most gamers leave the session. This makes online achievements almost impossible to attain unless you find some hardcore gamers that have an attention span longer than a few minutes. Other than that I hope that epic has a follow up sequel after the 3rd. Expand
  46. May 27, 2012
    The best game in a Gears of War series. Graphics are incredible sharp and beautifull. The best multiplayer expirience I have ever expirienced. I really love this game and it's characters.
  47. Jun 13, 2012
    The best TPS on the console with Horde Mode, Beast Mode, and competitive multiplayer. This is the complete package, both Nintendo and Sony don't have anything to match Gears of War 3.
  48. Jul 15, 2012
    With out a doubt the best gears yet. while it may not be the best game of the year, but its one of the funnest. The multiplayer is the best mutiplayer of 2011. This is a must have game. this just gets me more excited for the next gears of war game. If your looking for a way out of call of duty this is the game to go to.
  49. Aug 24, 2012
    The third chapter of an amazing game, the Gears of War franchise never lets down. Hours of pure violence and fun, this is one game that I can't stop playing.
  50. Oct 3, 2012
    This game has the best campaign i have played in a shooter in years. Its multiplayer is crazy addictive and will suck up hours of your life. Getting kills in multiplayer is one of the most satisfying feelings in gaming. my only complaints is that sometimes the multiplayer is frustrating and will leave you saying "how the hell???" quite often. oh also the campaign is probably the mostThis game has the best campaign i have played in a shooter in years. Its multiplayer is crazy addictive and will suck up hours of your life. Getting kills in multiplayer is one of the most satisfying feelings in gaming. my only complaints is that sometimes the multiplayer is frustrating and will leave you saying "how the hell???" quite often. oh also the campaign is probably the most emotional story told in gaming (in my opinion). Def. one to pick up, and one of the main reasons i own an xbox. Expand
  51. Nov 1, 2012
    this was my first take on gears of war and i truelly love it and its a very good reason to own an xbox 360,good story, graphics, and characters, i recomend this to all.
  52. Nov 7, 2012
    The best Gears game to date!!! Awesome graphics, solid game play, good story and the king of multi player. Completely satisfied with this game!!!!!!!!!
  53. Nov 25, 2012
    I love this game a lot! I wasn't expecting a huge impact when I first bought the game, but my god its brilliant! It's probably one of my favourite 3rd person shooters if not the best. The campaign is solid and excellent, the guns are fantastic, the enemies vary and are extremely terrifying and the story behind the game is riveting. The multiplayer is fantastic as well. Beast and Horde modeI love this game a lot! I wasn't expecting a huge impact when I first bought the game, but my god its brilliant! It's probably one of my favourite 3rd person shooters if not the best. The campaign is solid and excellent, the guns are fantastic, the enemies vary and are extremely terrifying and the story behind the game is riveting. The multiplayer is fantastic as well. Beast and Horde mode are just brilliant additions. It does get very intense though so you'll need to play this game a lot in order to defeat the harder difficulties. Overall I recommend any shooter enthusiast to buy this game NOW! Expand
  54. Mar 23, 2014
    The best Gears of War game ever! It's formula is near perfect, besides the sawed-off.. which thankfully no one really uses anymore. The only way this game could have gotten any better is if they included a map creator on a second disk. Community created stuff is always the best! Maybe next time?
  55. Jan 23, 2013

-Some Bugs

Gears Of War 3 is the best game I've played in my life

Must buy!
  56. Feb 27, 2013
    Es un gran final para la triologia de Epic a nivel técnico es muy bueno saca lo mejor de motor gráfico ademas tiene una gran duración de mas de 10 horas, un adictivo modo multijugador mas pulido que nunca, el renovado modo horda y un nuevo modo que debuta que es el modo bestia
  57. Mar 11, 2013
    Gears of War 3 is just about perfect in every way. The story is not as good as Gears of War 2, but the gameplay more than makes up for it. Ever since the first Gears of War I've always loved using the Lancer's chainsaw bayonet to chop baddies in half. It never gets old. The controls feel so smooth and rarely disappoint. The fact that you can play the story or the multiplayer offlineGears of War 3 is just about perfect in every way. The story is not as good as Gears of War 2, but the gameplay more than makes up for it. Ever since the first Gears of War I've always loved using the Lancer's chainsaw bayonet to chop baddies in half. It never gets old. The controls feel so smooth and rarely disappoint. The fact that you can play the story or the multiplayer offline with a friend in couch co-op is just plain awesome. You can enjoy the story together or you can play against bots in offline multiplayer with them. So those that cannot play online will enjoy the game just as much as those that can. Beast mode is also very fun but not as fun when playing alone. I cannot express how much I love this game. You can enjoy it alone or with a buddy both online and offline. Expand
  58. Jun 3, 2013
    My favorite entry in the series, Gears of War 3 is bigger, badder and more polished than its predecessors. The graphics are great, the story is rewarding and the different modes are a blast. It improves on everything you love about Gears of War.
  59. Mar 6, 2014
    Amazing game. Don't understand the negative reviews.By far the best multiplayer experience on 360. Its not a game you can just play once and be expecting to be good. Give it time you will begin to love it.
  60. Nov 24, 2013
    How can I compare this franchise to anything?

I would say its like going to my favorite restaurant and finding new exciting dishes I love that just get better and better. The first one was an amazing debut to the series which truly gave glory to the exclusive games Xbox 360 has. The second one kept pushing the limits and testing new grounds with multiplayer, and the 3rd one was
    How can I compare this franchise to anything?

The first one was an amazing debut to the series which truly gave glory to the exclusive games Xbox 360 has. The second one kept pushing the limits and testing new grounds with multiplayer, and the 3rd one was indeed a very very good one... It was like a found the ultimate dish at this restaurant that I'll be ordering forever.

Then of course Judgement came out which was like the restaurant I once loved took out all the amazing dishes I ordered and added nothing new. very disappointing.

Anyways, Gears 3 is a must have for anybody who has an Xbox 360. Its also the most fun you'll have with your friends teaming up in the campaign which by the way is also fun Solo. The campaign's story is a great one filled with action, suspense and emotion all rolled together in a delicious gears of war burrito.

Horde mode truly delivers the best multiplayer action to date. Its definitely a great addition that can be taken as a hardcore element when difficulty is raise to even a fun party game for your friends.

Deathmatch and the like is ok, some may argue that's the best aspect of the game though i will say its only weak point is the gnasher shotgun and its ridiculous killing range/power which to me breaks the game to where I don't even touch those modes unless I've had a few drinks to not take it seriously.

Trust me this is a true keeper for those who have a 360 and not worth any trade in value with tons of replay value as well.
  61. Feb 10, 2014
    I played Gears 1 & 2 and am super late to the Gears of War 3 party. No interest in getting a next-gen console yet so I'm getting caught up on titles I missed. Anyhow, Gears of War 3 is by far the most refined and fun entry into the series (and I loved Horde on GOW2). Great campaign and since the game now costs $15 or less I have no hesitancy in picking up all the DLC too, which has alsoI played Gears 1 & 2 and am super late to the Gears of War 3 party. No interest in getting a next-gen console yet so I'm getting caught up on titles I missed. Anyhow, Gears of War 3 is by far the most refined and fun entry into the series (and I loved Horde on GOW2). Great campaign and since the game now costs $15 or less I have no hesitancy in picking up all the DLC too, which has also been excellent. Only downside is that the people playing multiplayer are so good now that you will get annihilated fast, but I'm still have a blast playing private multiplayer matches with bots (who are actually quite formidable) to help me get my skills up and then try my hand against the pros. And Horde 2.0 (and even Beast-mode) are fantastic. This game has quite a bit of longevity which why there are still so many people on the servers 3 years out. No rush for next-gen when I'm still enjoying a 360 game this awesome. Expand
  62. Dec 15, 2013
    The greatest Gear game to end the epic series bound to keep you on your seat until the very last shot!!! With spectacular multi-player and the all-new-and-improved horde mode, you and your friends will have the perfect outing on one of the best games of its time. This game is truly a masterpeice, no more said!
  63. Dec 31, 2013
    Loved this game. One of the most amazing games of this generation. The storytelling gets you throughout all the game, until the ending scene. The gameplay is absolutely fantastic, fun and simple to understand. If you didn't buy it, DO IT NOW!!!
  64. Jun 23, 2014
    How sequels should progress, the level of polish on all the mechanics contained in this game, not to mention DEDICATED SERVERS finally! There are few co-op competitive shooters that are truly Co-op, and gears 3 can certainly boast that.
  65. Jun 25, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ta gra to istny majstersztyk, tak jak dla Uncharted kupuje się ps3, tak dla tej gry warto kupic X360! Multiplayer, w którym nie zdobywamy nowych broni, a w którym liczy się nasz skill i umiejętności, obok Halo najlepszy exlusiv na x360! Expand
  66. Apr 15, 2015
    This game was just amazing delivering excitement each time i played a new mission and is just great and enjoyed every second of it and it made me 100% the game, muiltplayer also has no flaws. A must own.
  67. Nov 5, 2012
    Gears of War 3 is an unmitigated triumph for Epic, not only finishing off the trilogy in style, but doing so while expanding upon already sturdy foundations. It
  68. Sep 20, 2011
    Gameplay wise, Its pretty much the same with the exceptions of a few new things here n' there. BUT, it must be noted that this is one of the MOST REFINED games ive ever played! Seriously, its almost bizzare to se such huge hulks move around the battlefield with such grace & fluidity . Story On the other hand is much much better than the previous installments & you actually feel the dread &Gameplay wise, Its pretty much the same with the exceptions of a few new things here n' there. BUT, it must be noted that this is one of the MOST REFINED games ive ever played! Seriously, its almost bizzare to se such huge hulks move around the battlefield with such grace & fluidity . Story On the other hand is much much better than the previous installments & you actually feel the dread & sorrow that the gears would be feeling.
    Graphics Like always are topnotch.
    A couple of new characters are introduced, but id would have been nice to get a bit more of a backstory on the newcomers. The introduction of lambent enemies really makes you change your playstyle from previous gears as enemies are far more aggressive.
    One Impotrtant thing to note here is that Difficulty levels have been altered significantly. So if u used to play gears on normal difficulty than go with hardcore , cause the game has become just TOO EASY!
    Even in hardcore mode one can at times finish whole levels without shooting a single bullet! Sadly, Insane mode is unlocked only after finishing the campaign :( All in All Its Pretty much what i expected (which is near perfect) , This Game Has Lots of modes and tons of collectibles,skins,gun themes to unlock thus giving it a huge replayibility bonus.
    So... STOP READING THIS AND GET YOUR GEARS 3 COPY ASAP! >:D
  69. Dec 30, 2011
    I absolutely love this game. The shooting is fantastic, it has a satisfying amount of gore and the guns just feel great. Story wise it's fairly weak, but the moment to moment story telling is strong. The multiplayer and horde modes are much better now, but the new Beast mode doesn't quite feel polished enough. Overall though, this is a fantastic package.The cracking single and multi playerI absolutely love this game. The shooting is fantastic, it has a satisfying amount of gore and the guns just feel great. Story wise it's fairly weak, but the moment to moment story telling is strong. The multiplayer and horde modes are much better now, but the new Beast mode doesn't quite feel polished enough. Overall though, this is a fantastic package.The cracking single and multi player modes mean this is well worth getting. Expand
  70. Nov 8, 2011
    GoW 3 is an improvement over ever other GoW game in the series. The story is better than the other games, the graphics are better, and the gameplay (while remaining true to the series) has been tweaked with things like the retro lancer to really improve the mechanics and strategy of the game. Beast mode and Horde mode are welcomed co-op additions to the multiplayer experience and the hordeGoW 3 is an improvement over ever other GoW game in the series. The story is better than the other games, the graphics are better, and the gameplay (while remaining true to the series) has been tweaked with things like the retro lancer to really improve the mechanics and strategy of the game. Beast mode and Horde mode are welcomed co-op additions to the multiplayer experience and the horde mode is particularly well polished with the new fortifications-buying aspect. Naturally, if you didn't like previous GoW you won't like this one. But if you do, this will be the best GoW you've ever played! Expand
  71. Oct 7, 2011
    Gears 3 is a really, really fun co-op game. I've played co-op in the other Gears games for many, many hours, and the gameplay in Gears 3 is the best. The story is different. Early reviews said that Gears 3 wraps everything up nicely and beautifully. While it does wrap everything up, it does so hastily, and misses out on many opportunities to flesh out backstory or just generalGears 3 is a really, really fun co-op game. I've played co-op in the other Gears games for many, many hours, and the gameplay in Gears 3 is the best. The story is different. Early reviews said that Gears 3 wraps everything up nicely and beautifully. While it does wrap everything up, it does so hastily, and misses out on many opportunities to flesh out backstory or just general explanations.
    However, I can't bring myself to give Gears 3 a lower rating because of the story just because it's so fun. I can remember so many different parts in the campaign that were totally freaking awesome and exciting. Gears 3 also features a horde mode, where waves of computer controlled enemies attack you and 4 of your friends. Horde mode is a great way to extend gameplay, because it distills the gameplay from the story, and lets you just shoot bad aliens, which is what Gears rocks at. If you didn't like the first two Gears, however, you certainly will not like Gears 3. The gameplay, while refined, boils down to the same cover based shooter it was 5 years ago. If you were a fan, you will be absolutely satisfied with Gears 3 for a very long time.
  72. Oct 26, 2011
    One thing that I can't stress enough is that you're easily getting your money's worth by purchasing Gears of War 3. There's so much content to be fully explored, accompanied with a ridiculous amount of time-consuming challenges and unlockables. As with all games, however, there is still a handful of disappointments, mainly with the campaign. Starting with the campaign, it is definitely theOne thing that I can't stress enough is that you're easily getting your money's worth by purchasing Gears of War 3. There's so much content to be fully explored, accompanied with a ridiculous amount of time-consuming challenges and unlockables. As with all games, however, there is still a handful of disappointments, mainly with the campaign. Starting with the campaign, it is definitely the longest one in the series. This, however, is misleading, as there are many situations that are merely used as "filler" firefights, consisting of you killing endless amounts of locust/lambent for no apparent reason in the exact same fashion over and over again. They're entirely unnecessary, and are only implemented to extend the campaign's number of gameplay hours. I enjoy locust/lambent firefights as much as the next guy, but the pacing and sheer amount of them becomes tedious and repetitive quite often. Epic also did a poor job explaining many of the events following GoW2 but before GoW3, as well as some of the new characters. Supposedly these details were explained in comics that Epic released, but honestly, that's a little absurd to include vital information on a separate piece of media that a fan MIGHT read. Overall, the story of the campaign was very enjoyable, save for the conclusion. The conclusion winds up being an extremely cliche and "convenient" ending, leaving me slightly angry. However, it's still a somewhat fitting ending and it essentially leaves no room for another game. Epic could, however, make some DLC for one loose end during the campaign, but nothing more than DLC. I was very impressed with GoW3's improved graphics, and the new lighting effects are quite exceptional. The multiplayer is where most of us will be spending our time, whether it be Horde Mode or Versus. Beast Mode is a great little addition, but I don't see myself playing it more than necessary in order to unlock awards. If you were a serious Horde fan from GoW2, you won't be disappointed. "Horde 2.0", as Epic calls it, is chalk full of additional tweaks and challenges that dramatically extend the abundance of things to do. It's still obviously heavy on the core experience, but fantastic new features such as "Boss Waves" are a sheer blast to play. The Versus Mode has been tremendously improved, using dedicated servers to prevent lag and so that host no longer has god powers over the game. The online maps are much larger than in previous installments, and I dislike at least half of them, due to the weapon-hording/camping that goes on, but they still work most of the time. I still feel that the Sawed-Off Shotgun is far too noob-friendly, removing any skill involved with actually aiming a shotgun. Granted, they have to be relatively close to pull off a gib, but with the way the maps are set up, it's extremely easy. The game keeps track of a huge variety of statistics, which is something that I desperately desired in GoW2. Versus does have some matchmaking issues that should be somehow fixed. Getting into games is easy enough, but the servers are more worried about throwing you into the first game it finds, rather than balancing teams. You'll quite commonly be thrown into games where no one on your team, other than yourself, is even above level 40, whilst the opposing team has no one below the level of 70. And it's not just the initial game where they'll be unbalanced teams; even after that first game's completion, the game will still constantly stack one team and leave the other with Sawed-Off wielding scrubs who have no idea how to play. Keep in mind that this is an EXTREMELY frequent occurrence, so expect it to happen more often than not. The positive thing, is that this only occurs in Quick Match Versus, whereas Ranked Match games will wait until the game is balanced before starting. The negative thing, is that on average, about 30,000 people are playing Quick Match at most given times, whereas only 2500-3000 are on Ranked. If you don't mind waiting for several minutes for a game start and you want to avoid the aforementioned issue, I recommend Ranked. Overall, Gears of War 3 is essentially the whole package. It still easily remains one of the top 3 shooters on consoles, the others being Halo and Call of Duty. It stays true to what made the original famous, and tweaks it to become a top shooter. If you even have remotely enjoyed any Gears of War games in the past, you should definitely pick up a copy of this one. It is the best overall in the series, and even if you're new to the series, it's another fantastic shooter that stands out amongst the rest. Expand
  73. Sep 21, 2011
    Gears of War 3 is an excellent cooperative campaign experience and also an excellent cooperative multiplayer experience. The key with this game is that whether you are sitting with a friend on the couch or playing with a few friends online, you can complete both the campaign and the various fantastic multiplayer experiences together. Not many games offer this type of experience. TheGears of War 3 is an excellent cooperative campaign experience and also an excellent cooperative multiplayer experience. The key with this game is that whether you are sitting with a friend on the couch or playing with a few friends online, you can complete both the campaign and the various fantastic multiplayer experiences together. Not many games offer this type of experience. The graphics are better than previously, the gameplay much smoother. The multiplayer is light years ahead of what it used to be with modes like Horde vein immersive. The developer did a great job of combining your achievements from the campaign and the multiplayer together to level your player up. There are countless in game achievements that can be earned and things like weapon and character skins. Gears Of War 3 is a must have third person shooter for fans of the Gears series or newcomers alike. Expand
  74. Oct 25, 2011
    Gears of War 3 is the best of the franchise to this point. I really enjoyed the campaign's good pace and varied war zones. The story had better moments than the past two games and the characters were a bit more interesting. It made the single player portion much more memorable and that means I'm going to play it again soon. The multiplayer side of things is tight. There are someGears of War 3 is the best of the franchise to this point. I really enjoyed the campaign's good pace and varied war zones. The story had better moments than the past two games and the characters were a bit more interesting. It made the single player portion much more memorable and that means I'm going to play it again soon. The multiplayer side of things is tight. There are some occasions where you might get a WTF moment, but all in all it's a solid experience. Horde mode is a little more fun as Epic did small improvements from the previous version in Gears 2. GoW 3 reminds me why this is one of the best exclusives out there, and with a very generously priced seasons pass option, I can keep gaming at an affordable price with new content over the next year. I certainly hope this isn't the end-all title for Gears, as it's just getting better. Expand
  75. Sep 28, 2011
    I jumped into Gears 3 after adoring the first and finding the second...fun but not as enjoyable. What I found was something incredible. While the action has remained mostly the same, everything else has improved exponentially. The characters are loads more interesting, with some nice throwbacks to character's pasts that really enforces that these people used to lead different lives. TheI jumped into Gears 3 after adoring the first and finding the second...fun but not as enjoyable. What I found was something incredible. While the action has remained mostly the same, everything else has improved exponentially. The characters are loads more interesting, with some nice throwbacks to character's pasts that really enforces that these people used to lead different lives. The graphics are the biggest improvement. Oh my. The Unreal Engine is constantly getting updated, but this is the best I have seen in a long time. I was surprised to see them - these are the kinds of graphics I expect from a PC game. Couple that with new environments - not just underground and urban surroundings - and you get something that looks as good as it plays. The action, like I said, has remained mostly the same, although with new weapons and enemies so unless you didn't like the previous games, I doubt you will dislike this. I strongly recommend this game. A worthwhile purchase. Expand
  76. Oct 19, 2011
    The story is great, but the multi-player feels old in spite of everything new that included, without doubt it is best that you can play with 4 friends the story and the way Horde 2.0 is that you can absorb more time.
  77. Nov 6, 2011
    This was an outstanding game. The single player campaign was very satisfying. The multiplayer, both co-op and pvp is a blast. It is good to see this game evolve and improve over the three releases as opposed to stagnate like the Medal of Honor and BF series. I love the 3rd person view and the weapons.
  78. Sep 21, 2011
    The first two games were very good and served to shape the current generation of consoles, but the third entry in the franchise is simple a cut above everything that came before.

Gameplay feels refined, responsive and more fluid than ever. Sticking to and pulling away from cover has never felt this smooth. The roadie run has had its speed ramped up. Weapons like the lancer have been fine-tuned to perfection. Add to that a feature-rich package which includes 4-player campaign co-op, competitive multiplayer (on dedicated servers!), Horde 2.0 and the new Beast mode which lets you control the Locusts (BERSERKER RUSH!) and you have one of the best games ever released on the Xbox 360.

Amazing. Game.
  79. Mar 18, 2013
    I'm a little bit bored or Gears of War, and I only want to play it for 45 minutes here and there, but regardless this is still obviously an awesome game. Kinda more of the same but there's only 2 other gears of war so of course it's okay if it's the same. I really wish people would realize that the 'more of the same' complaint should only apply to games that have numerous releases, likeI'm a little bit bored or Gears of War, and I only want to play it for 45 minutes here and there, but regardless this is still obviously an awesome game. Kinda more of the same but there's only 2 other gears of war so of course it's okay if it's the same. I really wish people would realize that the 'more of the same' complaint should only apply to games that have numerous releases, like COD or 2d Mario. Not to one trilogy. Expand
  80. Sep 21, 2011
    Great title. Amazing visuals and very solid gameplay. I'm a fan of the series and am very impressed with the 3rd outing. My only beef is that the online matchmaking is annoying as always with the Gears series. It takes minutes to find matches, as opposed to seconds like most "A" titles.
  81. Sep 20, 2011
    By far the best looking and best playing Gears of War thus far. If you are new to the series it is still a great place to start. There is a short video that will catch you up on all the previous games and even fills in some blanks since the last game. The gun play and movement is tighter. Many unlockables, including gun skins, characters and more. My biggest gripe with the game so far isBy far the best looking and best playing Gears of War thus far. If you are new to the series it is still a great place to start. There is a short video that will catch you up on all the previous games and even fills in some blanks since the last game. The gun play and movement is tighter. Many unlockables, including gun skins, characters and more. My biggest gripe with the game so far is that they have so much DLC on the day of launch. Right now you can buy roughly 30 DLC packs which are nothing more than skin packs for your guns. At $3 a piece it is quite the ripoff. As far as actual in game issues there is little to complain about. I have the same basic gripe as in all Gears of War games. Multiplayer is basically a bunch of shotgunners roadie running through maps. If you can get by that there is lots and lots of fun to be had. Expand
  82. Sep 20, 2011
    Unsurprisingly excellent on all fronts.Though there is a feeling of deja vu surrounding this game,it really doesn't matter much as you will be too busy kicking serious butt to care.If you take pure action and add a slice of cheese,you get the magnificent Gears Of War 3.
  83. Oct 11, 2011
    What a game, its quite interesting how people say they hate gears games and then play this and want more. Its like a drug. I'll start with the bad points first, its a bit repetetive. The campaign has great locations, veiws and action but at all these consist of roll here and take cover there moments. I think its a great game to play in co-op but i didnt feel interested in playing theWhat a game, its quite interesting how people say they hate gears games and then play this and want more. Its like a drug. I'll start with the bad points first, its a bit repetetive. The campaign has great locations, veiws and action but at all these consist of roll here and take cover there moments. I think its a great game to play in co-op but i didnt feel interested in playing the campaign again other than in arcade (another great adition). Horde mode 2.0 adds a new level of fun to it but yet again on your own its less fun more repetetive. The same with beast mode a great new addition but on your own its pretty boring, i think beast mode is the weakest link in the game as it has a max level of twelve you can reach which takes 15-20 mins whereas on horde you could be there for hours. Now onto mulitplayer, i need to say this... how is the sawn off shotgun n00by, please tell me. I love it, its a great way to kill someone, as you charge acroos the battlefield you blow people to peices. The gnasher on the other hand is the n00byer in my opinion, with more ammo a quicker reload, more range, more power at range, can also get one hit kills at close range its a far more n00bish weapon. the sawn off on the other hand has less ammo, awful range and the longest reload in the game but at around 2-3ft away from someone its a one hit kill. Now to tell you about the mltiplayer in whole, its great! better than BOPS, battlefield, crysis, homefront and any other multiplayer. The game modes are short and few but they are brilliant and the new servers and unlocks make it a must have. Overall its a great game and you cant take that away from it, love it or hate it, it has alot of fans and they are very loyal, dont get your hopes up on convincing people other wise, this is a must buy. Expand
  84. Oct 15, 2011
    Very impressed with this fitting end to a very satisfying story. Don't listen to those who say this is just gears 2 rehashed or whatever. The story is compelling and the characters are given feelings and emotion as if you are watching a movie and these were real life actors. Game play wise yes of course it is similar but what would you expect. The idea of this was never to completelyVery impressed with this fitting end to a very satisfying story. Don't listen to those who say this is just gears 2 rehashed or whatever. The story is compelling and the characters are given feelings and emotion as if you are watching a movie and these were real life actors. Game play wise yes of course it is similar but what would you expect. The idea of this was never to completely redesign it, just to enhance and refine it... and it does this very well. Basically if you are already a hater then it won't change that but if you are either a fan of the series or willing to give it a fair chance then i don't think you will be disappointed. Well done Epic Expand
  85. Sep 26, 2011
    The sheer level of content is mind-boggling. Modes, maps, rewards, unlockables...just tons and tons of stuff to go through. Multiplayer is very balanced and encouraging of a wide range of play styles, both in its weapons and level design. Single player is surprisingly good story- and script-wise. It's not Earth-shattering like a Bioshock, but for what you're expecting, the story is theThe sheer level of content is mind-boggling. Modes, maps, rewards, unlockables...just tons and tons of stuff to go through. Multiplayer is very balanced and encouraging of a wide range of play styles, both in its weapons and level design. Single player is surprisingly good story- and script-wise. It's not Earth-shattering like a Bioshock, but for what you're expecting, the story is the best one in the series and the script never gets overly hokey or cheesy. On the whole, this is the best Gears game that's been released, and it's really not as close as it seems like it should be. Expand
  86. Sep 28, 2011
    The perfect end of the trilogy.

The story its great, better than the old eposides, and de graphics too!.

The game use all the xbox360 power, so its a must have!.
  87. Mar 18, 2013
    The fourth entry into the Gears of War franchise will quite literally blow your mind co-developed by Epic Games and People Can Fly, Gears of War: Judgment is set in the immediate aftermath of ‘Emergence Day’ which was the defining event of the very first Gears of War from 2006. Although the game will take you back through a period prior to the events of both Gears of War 2 and Gears ofThe fourth entry into the Gears of War franchise will quite literally blow your mind co-developed by Epic Games and People Can Fly, Gears of War: Judgment is set in the immediate aftermath of ‘Emergence Day’ which was the defining event of the very first Gears of War from 2006. Although the game will take you back through a period prior to the events of both Gears of War 2 and Gears of War 3, it has a variety of improvements that make this the most enjoyable and action-packed campaign yet!

The main protagonist is a young COG by the name of Damon Baird, who should already be very familiar to all Gears fans from being the sidekick to Marcus Fenix, but here in Judgment Baird has a story of his own to tell in a series of flashback sequences used to tell the events leading up to why a small Kilo Squad are being judged in a military COG court. Having taken matters into their own hands and defying all orders to save the world from a new threat, Kilo Squad stand on trial and must face a Colonel Loomis to defend their actions. It is with the Kilo Squad telling their story where the flashback sequences come into play as you relive in-game each part of the Kilo Squads reasoning to Loomis. This is clearly why the title is ‘Judgment’ and you daringly pace through their testimonies putting your life on the line for the greater good or so you believe!

In Gears of War: Judgment, the Kilo Squad is made up of a young team of trained COG army soldiers that are joined in their unanimity to protect themselves and the world from a terrifying threat on humanity. Although Baird is the main man through-out most of the campaign, you will face the attack and defence missions through the eyes of the other Kilo Squad members. This being Augustus “The Cole Train” Cole, the more comical character and another blast from the past games; Sofia Hendrick, a journalist who joined the army after Emergence Day, and Garron Paduck, a Gear Soldier in the COG Army who was previously a Major for another military force. The characters are united by their actions and defend their reasons with justified decisions that you will experience in the campaign, each character presents their own traits and discussion’s with dialogue that is classic Gears of War talk! If you were somewhat nervous about People Can Fly’s input into the Gears of War universe, you need not worry, the gritty war-torn landscapes and accompanying plot lines feel like the heart and soul of the Gears of War: Judgment story-telling and a real “Gears-experience”, it’s definitely a game for the fans as well as fantastic entry title if you’ve never played a Gears of War game before.

Judgment is not just a new story that takes place alongside the events of Emergence Day, but it’s a whole new arsenal of weapons and also a whole new way to play a campaign. The game is broken down into Chapters where each features the Testimony of each member of Kilo Squad; Chapters are also broken down into sections which vary between six to eight and at the start of each section you’ll see a glowing COG Emblem emblazoned on the wall where you will have the option to accept or dismiss a Mission Declassification. These Declassify missions completely turn up the heat with how you are expected to play the campaign by making it increasingly difficult, limiting in ammo, time-based challenges, and impaired vision amongst many other unique gameplay scenarios to test your endurance through-out the Chapter. Successfully completed Declassify Missions within the story will not only earn you extra rewards for both Campaign and Multiplayer, but they uncover critical information relating to the story as well as helping towards your Achievements. Should you inevitably die, or fail challenges another new feature comes to life. In completely taking away the predictability after a death and an enhancement to the challenges you face is the addition of a new Smart Spawn System for Judgment. Having seen this in action I can say that every game from here on in could use this great tool to make your respawns play differently since every spawn changes the type of enemies in play, the timing of their appearance and additionally their locations so that each encounter although in the same battleground feels a little different. It’s a like a new take on the environment so that you’re not complacent and this does add an extra layer of freshness because this is for both Campaign and Multiplayer It really mixes things up a little for the better.

As written by myself Jason Andrews for thisisxbox.com this review in full can also be read on thisisxbox.com
  88. Sep 26, 2011
    No need to to say anything more than what has been said already. This is Third-person shooter at its finest. A perfected cover system. Game of the year material. A game that will surely still be played for many years to come. if you own a xbox 360, this game is must in your library. Don't let the haters get to you since this one game everyone can surely enjoy. no other game comes close.No need to to say anything more than what has been said already. This is Third-person shooter at its finest. A perfected cover system. Game of the year material. A game that will surely still be played for many years to come. if you own a xbox 360, this game is must in your library. Don't let the haters get to you since this one game everyone can surely enjoy. no other game comes close. If there is one complaint, that may be about the single player. its short, and veterans might breeze through it rather quickly. but the real meat is in the multiplayer anyway. and the beta testing, served this game well. Expand
  89. Oct 2, 2011
    Finally I have succumbed to the Gears game. The team have done an excellent job grabbing the most from the 360 GPU. The graphics are as sublime as Anya's pretty little face. Credit for keeping this one out of tunnels, it can get a little depressing, but 3rd time great and it probably had no luck involved whatsoever. A champion game!
  90. Sep 27, 2011
    I like this trilogy it has been fun. I love horde mode and the final game was just so well done I enjoyed it. If you like Action and and enjoyed any of the Story in 1 or 2 you will love this game.
  91. Oct 11, 2011
    An almost perfect single player experience, the graphics, the story and the musical score come together perfectly to make the finale satisfying and fun. Horde is fun minus the jerks that drop out in the middle as is beast mode. The versus isn't my thing as the roll roll shotgun gameplay is boring as boring can be but still a great game.
  92. Sep 29, 2011
    I guess it feels like the same old game with a few new players...? Of course, I'm a firm believer in the "ain't broke don't fix it" mentality, so I'm not complaining. I avoid shooters like plague...but I dove straight into online play with this one, and I had a blast. I liked it so much I went out and bought it the next day...my first shooter purchase since N64...and no regrets at all.
  93. Sep 20, 2011
    Gears of War 3 is a great game, only hindered by sub-par graphics and a somewhat sluggish frame rate. My first reaction was to blame the current generation of consoles. However, with Dead Space 2, Resident Evil 5, Heavy Rain, Uncharted, Red Dead Redemption, Castlevania: LOS and numerous other games looking gorgeous and running so well on near 7 year old console generation... its hard forGears of War 3 is a great game, only hindered by sub-par graphics and a somewhat sluggish frame rate. My first reaction was to blame the current generation of consoles. However, with Dead Space 2, Resident Evil 5, Heavy Rain, Uncharted, Red Dead Redemption, Castlevania: LOS and numerous other games looking gorgeous and running so well on near 7 year old console generation... its hard for me to beleive the Xbox 360 or PS3 is the reason any game would show this much age just yet. A highend gaming PC they are certainly not, but they still impress with certain titles that make you wonder just how the hell they are getting games to look and run as well as they do on yesteryears hardware. Sadly, it doesn't seem to keep GoW3's graphics and performance feeling rather lacking... Could it be the Unreal 3 engine powering it? possibly... since its rooted in a Direct X 9 era of gaming. Or maybe EPIC ran out of time to optimize?

Regardless, it's easily the best of series per se... except it might be too much like a combination of GoW 1 & 2 for some. Perhaps too many instances of same old/same old. Then again, this is can be a bit more of a blessing than a curse... it works well, and its guranteed fun, far more intensified this third trip through the GoW saga. The story is so-so at best, and the duck/cover/run may be too focused... possibly becoming repetitive after long periods of time for many. But once again, its a flawless implementation, common to see poorly executed in other games, and definetely a breath of fresh air well maintaned within the series.

Loaded with extra content for endless hours, inclduing fantastic co-op scenarios. The game truly delivers.. not just on the story mode... but also in multiplay. Very seldom can a title balance both so remarkably well Easily a game you don't want to pass up. Worth a purchase, not a rental.
  94. Oct 26, 2011
    Almost perfect.
    The campaign, Thanks to Jablonsky's music too, is epic.Maybe the ending isn't as good as Gears of War 2 one,but still, a great ending.Graphics are perfect, no one bug.
    Multiplayer is fantastic as well. No more lags, the match starts in a few seconds (minutes maybe) and it is a lot of fun. Horde 2.0 is just epic but sadly it lags more than multiplayer. There's no way this
    Almost perfect.
    There's no way this game will bore you
    Absolutely must buy for every xbox 360 owner
  95. Sep 27, 2011
    I reviewed this game earlier and found the beginning slow and, therefore, gave it a rating of only 6. Having played this for a few more hours, I can safely say that this is an absolutely brilliant and mental game. The action is cranked up to overload compared to Gears I & II. I would have no problem in saying that this is probably the best of the series and one of the best games on theI reviewed this game earlier and found the beginning slow and, therefore, gave it a rating of only 6. Having played this for a few more hours, I can safely say that this is an absolutely brilliant and mental game. The action is cranked up to overload compared to Gears I & II. I would have no problem in saying that this is probably the best of the series and one of the best games on the x-box. There is a feeling of deja vu about the game but who cares. It is more of the same with a turbo on it. In conclusion, if you can get passed the first couple of missions (Cole's mission) which are a bit slow, then you are in for a cracking ride. GET IT. Expand
  96. Oct 2, 2011
    This is really a epic game from epic games. The graphics are amazing, the storyline is incredible, and the controls are absolutly epic. No longer are you going to get into cover on the wrong side. The multiplayer is more fun than Call of Duty. Yes that is right. No more annoying campers and snipers. The cover and shoot system really gives more flavor and varaiety in multiplayer. You willThis is really a epic game from epic games. The graphics are amazing, the storyline is incredible, and the controls are absolutly epic. No longer are you going to get into cover on the wrong side. The multiplayer is more fun than Call of Duty. Yes that is right. No more annoying campers and snipers. The cover and shoot system really gives more flavor and varaiety in multiplayer. You will never feel that your opponent is completely OP. There are also a MASSIVE array of unlockables. Caracters, weapon skins and modifiers like big heads and insta-gib melee. The beast and horde mode are one of the best co-op experiences I've ever had. EVER (second to Borderlands). However, where there is good there is bad. This game can get repetitive, al lot in fact. Another thing is that this game doesn't have as many as those HOLY-CRAP moments like Gears 2 had. Gears 2 has you destroying a gaint worm by cutting it's heart's artaries. Gears 3 has you killing more lambet locusts. It just feels like gears 3 is going through the moments. And this feeling gets more strong later in the game. However these are very minor flaws, but great enough to only get a 9 intead of a 10. The single player also feels a bit cut-off. It feels like the devs spent more time on the multiplayer aspect intstead of the single-player. But all in all this is a great experience, but bear in mind: If your a offline or singleplayer gamer, you won't get as much in this game as you whould if you play online. Expand
  97. Sep 20, 2011
    Really enjoyable especially if you got friends to play with and multiplayer is very fun. There's not much thats already been said in other reviews so all i can say is its a good end to the series.
  98. Sep 25, 2011
    After the previous gears title this instalment is a true return to form.

After the previous gears title this instalment is a true return to form.

It ticks all the boxes needed for a truely great gears of war sequal, frantic 3rd person shooter gameplay, check, amateur chainsaw meat sculpturing, check, necks the size of oak trees, check. Then adds a ton of gameplay fixes and tweaks from gears 2 and adds even more stuff you never even knew you wanted but can never again live without, massive meat cleavers of death? yes please! Mechs made from solidified awsomeness? Please sir i want some more! Beast mode and 4 player co-op campaign? Too right!

But wait, theres more.
    The campaign is probably the most fun ive had playing a video game since i played cod 4 way back in the day, its extremely well paced and balanced, theres always new stuff being thrown into the mix to keep it fresh and interesting and the story is arguably the best gears story yet, with the addition of 4 player co-op campaign, the most epic moments known to man and some truely heart wrenching moments to puncture through the violence and straight into your soul, you got yourself a damn fine campaign to enjoy.

Multiplayer has been beefed up, ironed out into a chrisp responsive ultra smooth strip of chrispy bacon made of whole grain gaming goodness. Fresh outa Mr Blazinskis oven and ready to be devoured and enjoyed.

every single tiny little problem that plagued gears 2's multiplayer has been fixed, there is never a second where you dont have 100% control of your charector and the dedicated servers ensure that the action never skips a beat.

The multiplayer is now more accesable and deeper than ever, the addition of team deathmatch with respawns has really opened up the multiplayer experiance to those inexperianced gears noobs out there.

New additions to the game modes are beast mode, where you play as the locust as you sabotage the pitifull humans defences and bend them to the will of the hive mind, 4 player campaign co-op as i mentioned, team deathmatch, as i also mentioned and beast mode which has been revamped and now includes the ability to build fortifications with the cash you have earned slaughtering your enemys.

So yeah, if you dig gears or shooters in general id say that the single player and multiplayer modes more than justify you parting with your cold hard cash, i will say one thing before i go though, fear and respect the sawed off! It can be your best friend or your worst enemy.

See you online
  99. Oct 13, 2011
    This game was Much better than I anticipated. This year Gears of war 3 was not on my top priority list of games I wanted this year, but when i get it I was Very suprised.I have Played both gears of wars that were prior to the release of #3 in there series. At first the game looked as if it would be too much like gears of war 2 and would feel like and expansion onto the game, but I wasThis game was Much better than I anticipated. This year Gears of war 3 was not on my top priority list of games I wanted this year, but when i get it I was Very suprised.I have Played both gears of wars that were prior to the release of #3 in there series. At first the game looked as if it would be too much like gears of war 2 and would feel like and expansion onto the game, but I was wrong. The Campaign of this game felt a great bit longer than the ones before it and it also gave the played a diverse amount of situations one had to over come. The campaign of this game may have been the best of the gear of war games. Multiplayer, The Online Versus mode is fairly similar to gears of war 2, but with some important problems fixed. Gears of war 2 had problems with "Hosting" Were the person hosting the game would have a slight advantage because all other players were lagging behind them. In gears 3 they fixed that with dedicated servers. Also, in gears 2 the shotguns rained supreme, but in gears 3 they fixed it so assault rifles are just a efficient as the shotguns. The maps in this game are great, and they brought back a couple Gears 1 Maps. There are some faults though, There is a new shotgun in the game called the Sawed off shotgun. This Shotgun has a very minimal range and takes a good amount of time to reload, but it 1 shots nearly everytime. A player will hide around a corner and wait for people to pass by or get in front of him, this makes it extremely hard for other players to play and get around these situations and it will cause many more players to sit and hide/camp spawns and objectives. ( there is a 3 sec spawn protection though). Also there is an Assault rifle called the Retro lancer, I is alot like the regular lancer but instead of a chainsaw it has a Bayonet and does more damage with the loss of accuracy. The Player can charge people with the Bayonet and some how pop corners with it. If you are on one side of a corner and someone charges at you they might glitch through your bullets and stab you through a 3 ft thick wall, but other wise a great versus mode. They also have horde again, but with a little extra spice. They have added Barriers, Dummies, Turrents, Auto Turrent, and Self Controlled Batter robot suits called Silverbacks, and Every 10 round there is a boss fight which makes it challenging ( have to fight (Beserkers and Brumaks and stuff). They also have a new thing called Beast mode which alow you to play as many of the Locusts armys Soldiers ( Kantus, Scavenge drone) and as "Beasts" of the Locust ( Beserkers, Giant centipedes, Corpsers, and many others). This game mode is really fun, but is only 12 rounds long, would be alot better if it had more rounds. Overall a Great game, but not perfect. Expand
  100. Sep 20, 2011
    Only played a few levels so far but it seems great. The cover system and aiming is a lot smoother this time and i cant wait to try out the co-op stuff with friends.

1. Jan 18, 2012
    Rather than the perfect end to a thrilling series, it seemed like the developers were afraid to take real risks with either the story or the gameplay of Gears 3.
  2. Dec 12, 2011
    Gears of War 3 is a solid game and likely worthy of the praise it's received. I just happen to think it falls a bit flat.
  3. An unmissable, unbeatable offering. [Dec 2011, p.95]