5.3

1. Mar 19, 2013
    As a "Gear Head" the game's single player heavily relied on its combat and presented me with many different ways to approach them. With smart AI you wont be fighting the same enemies if you wipe in single player. I completed the campaign in coop, with the game's matching making filling in those empty spots is a breeze. Also God of War was not the right GOW to purchase. I like PSY
  2. Mar 19, 2013
    The Gears franchise is beloved to me. It was one of the first games I picked up for my 360 and I quickly fell in love with its gritty humor and intense violence. After 3 installments, many of accumulated hours on multiplayer and horde mode, with plenty of replays within the story, Epic hands its crown jewel to People Can Fly and, in my opinion. a great addition to a fantastic franchise.The Gears franchise is beloved to me. It was one of the first games I picked up for my 360 and I quickly fell in love with its gritty humor and intense violence. After 3 installments, many of accumulated hours on multiplayer and horde mode, with plenty of replays within the story, Epic hands its crown jewel to People Can Fly and, in my opinion. a great addition to a fantastic franchise. The story, although lackluster in comparison to the other three, fared pretty well in my book, the last boss battle was a minor disappointment, but the story was fleshed out and consistent. The new Declassified edition for each mission were a good change of pace from the long, drawn out sequences that we are accustomed to. Though, it took out set pieces, I found it appropriate for its narrative. The multiplayer, though lacking maps, is balanced and addictive, Overrun keeps me coming back for more. I will admit, I wish there were more classic modes like Execution and Guardian. Survival is fun, but Horde was better as a whole. My only real problem wad the control flip, it may not be a big deal, but 7yrs of using a scheme and then it changing was a little off-putting but I will adjust. Overall, the game is still Gears, not as spectacular or extravagant, but at its core, plays and feels like it should. Expand
  3. Mar 23, 2013
    I used to count on a mix of user reviews with critic reviews to get a good feel for a new game and rather or not it is worth buying. Now with all long running big budget games I see way too many 1s and 0s by these games. (I have played them all and none deserve those ratings!!) All reviews under 4 are clearly trolls and over 10 sound way too much like fanboys, although I can believe thatI used to count on a mix of user reviews with critic reviews to get a good feel for a new game and rather or not it is worth buying. Now with all long running big budget games I see way too many 1s and 0s by these games. (I have played them all and none deserve those ratings!!) All reviews under 4 are clearly trolls and over 10 sound way too much like fanboys, although I can believe that there are some of you who actually like the game that much. Everyone else actually has something useful to offer. Review of GOW Judgment:

Overall I personally would give this game a 8.8, but I rounded up as giving it an 8 was a little too low. In many ways this game plays the same as the others, but the developers took a few chances and changed a few key aspects of each game mode. I would not say they are vast improvements, just an enjoyable different spin.

Breakdown:

Graphics: 9.2 This area got a little bit of an upgrade from 3. Nice lighting and good effects. The enemies are a bit easilier to spot.

Gameplay: 8.8 Same as before with changing how weapons switch. You lose a weapon slot but gain a quicker weapon switch. Throwing grenades is easier too. Same flaws from previous games are still present.

Story: 7.8 I like the new approach in story telling, but the game does seem a bit less epic. I personally would liked if emergence day more of a focus. Villain not as interesting.

Campaign: 8.5 I know some don't like the arcade options, but I for one really like ways I can challenge myself. They are afterall options and adding different play options is rarely a bad thing. I grew up on old school arcade games so bring on the arcade modes! (they are what sold me on getting this game) Campaign is on the short side. Aftermath is a nice mini campaign to unlock.

Multiplayer: 8.9 I love overrun. It is my new favorite multiplayer mode. Team I liked a little less then 3. I like survival for good quick arcade mode fix, but I miss horde. Had they included it, this would have been hands down the best gears multiplayer game.

Overall 8.8
  4. Mar 21, 2013
    This game is absolutely great. Extremely fun to play, and a memorable addition to the Gears franchise. The campaign was very good, and I enjoyed the ability to play as new characters and to really explore the world of Sera and the COG in a way never before, which satisfied the itch to see a great integration of the Gears universe fleshed out in the books into the games themselves. TheThis game is absolutely great. Extremely fun to play, and a memorable addition to the Gears franchise. The campaign was very good, and I enjoyed the ability to play as new characters and to really explore the world of Sera and the COG in a way never before, which satisfied the itch to see a great integration of the Gears universe fleshed out in the books into the games themselves. The Multiplayer is great, and OverRun is fantastic! Overall a completely fun game to play that is immensely satisfying. Ignore all the BS hate from haters and trolls, the user score is not an accurate indication of the quality of this game. Expand
  5. Mar 19, 2013
    Great story. You'll want to play it again. Great multiplayer, ultra addicting and 1 extra campaign as a bonus. The game gives you endless hours of playing and yet you won't get bored so easily. The prizeboxes is a great TF2 feeling with the game knowing you don't know what you gonna get. What can I say about the game? 10/10
  6. Mar 23, 2013
    I though this Gears game was a lot more fluid than previous games. The mechanics to me seemed smoother and for once in multiplayer when I actually shot people they died. Which didn't happen a lot in other Gears games if you used a Lancer. Overall I was a bit shocked to see such low scores. The single player campaign narrative wasn't my style, just get on with it. But the new weaponsI though this Gears game was a lot more fluid than previous games. The mechanics to me seemed smoother and for once in multiplayer when I actually shot people they died. Which didn't happen a lot in other Gears games if you used a Lancer. Overall I was a bit shocked to see such low scores. The single player campaign narrative wasn't my style, just get on with it. But the new weapons seemed to fit, I thought they might seem out of place with it being a prequel. The Declassified missions seemed more like a gimmick than anything, but does add a bit of replay value to a mission. I think they have done a good job overall in making the game flow a lot better. Expand
  7. Mar 19, 2013
    The formula has been tweaked, not completely redone. Developer People Can Fly teaming up with Epic Games is probably the best thing that could happen to Gears, Campaign mode finds Kilo Squad (Baird, Cole, and two new to the Gears universe Sofia and Paduk) recalling their journey that brought them to trial for treason and a few other crimes. You play through each characters testimony andThe formula has been tweaked, not completely redone. Developer People Can Fly teaming up with Epic Games is probably the best thing that could happen to Gears, Campaign mode finds Kilo Squad (Baird, Cole, and two new to the Gears universe Sofia and Paduk) recalling their journey that brought them to trial for treason and a few other crimes. You play through each characters testimony and it's intriguing enough to keep you playing and a fun story mode. Declassified missions manipulate a certain part of Gameplay to add a challenge but reward to each mission. This adds a refreshing variety to the Gears series that is very welcome. The multiplayer is top notch as ever. If you're reading this review you must have an idea of Overrun, which is somewhat similar to horde vs beast mode and it's phenomenal. The new domination mode mirrors annex with domination in most multiplayer games, with enough previous influence it's quite fun too. Free for All mode is great but with Domination it's confusing, usually COG vs COG soldiers and it's hard to differentiate between teammates in Domination. Survival takes place of Horde and while much like Overrun it doesn't feel as deep and rewarding playing against bots. Customization is abundant and plentiful, many ribbons and metals, skins, and rewards alike. I'll try to keep this more brief but Judgment is a must buy for any Gears fan and a damn good game in general, it's a fresh way to approach Gears and reinvigorate the series with new found life. Expand
  8. Mar 21, 2013
    Wtf with those bad reviews?

I mean, I can understand there is bad review but not that much for a really good game!

The only downfall of this episode is for the player who did all the previous episodes! If it's your first one, like me, it's an awesome game
  9. Mar 19, 2013
    what a great game! The multiplayer is awesome. the new over run mode is as tense as horde mode on level 50. the graphics r amazing so many beautiful colors that i never thought i would see in a gow game. combat is more intense than ever. The new smart spawn system is a great add to the campaign as well. have enjoyed every part of this game hope there will be another like this.
  10. Mar 20, 2013
    Not number one in the series but deffinately number2 in my book. The story mode is just so fun and feels new while feeling classic at the same time. the lighting and visuals are a wonder to look at. Declassified missions make a huge difference. The gears banter is on the lighter side and less out there but still great. Multiplayer is so much better than I ever thought it could be. Being aNot number one in the series but deffinately number2 in my book. The story mode is just so fun and feels new while feeling classic at the same time. the lighting and visuals are a wonder to look at. Declassified missions make a huge difference. The gears banter is on the lighter side and less out there but still great. Multiplayer is so much better than I ever thought it could be. Being a huge Gears fan who has won over 3000 matches in each gears of war since Gears 1 was a little put off by People Can Fly taking over and Cliffy leaving and just all that put me off but the multiplayer Shines brighter than all! OverRun mode is Gears take on Rush Mode and Adding Domination and Free for All has just given the multiplayer some much needed depth. Hopefully guardian and King of the Hill come back but some Awesome gameplay will keep me here for a long time. The package has a lot to offer and this game deserves the 10/10. Expand
  11. Mar 19, 2013
    Gears Of War: Judgment is Epic Game's and People Can Fly's way to say goodbye to the current generation Xbox. It's gorgeous, Unreal Engine 3 at it's peak. The flawless third person cover shooter mechanics that Gears Of War is known for are back, however it's much more faster paced. The campaign last for a good 7-10 hours with the Aftermath campaign as a bonus and the campaign is muchGears Of War: Judgment is Epic Game's and People Can Fly's way to say goodbye to the current generation Xbox. It's gorgeous, Unreal Engine 3 at it's peak. The flawless third person cover shooter mechanics that Gears Of War is known for are back, however it's much more faster paced. The campaign last for a good 7-10 hours with the Aftermath campaign as a bonus and the campaign is much better paced this time around with different gameplay scenarios. Aftermath tells the story of what happened to Baird and Cole when they and Marcus's group split because they go and search for reinforcements. Mutiplayer, once again is satisfying and rewarding. This time with Epic Price Boxes, that give the game a TF2 kind of feel. Multiplayer has less modes overall, but they are refined and well done. There's also not going to be as much of a problem finding matches than there were before when there were so many gamemodes that nobody necessarily played. Overrun is the biggest and newest addition to the multiplayer. Class based Locust VS. COG action. It's well balanced and everybody needs to play their role, whether it's the engineer keeping fortifications up and in good condition or medic keeping everybody alive. Overall Judgment is a neat package that every Gears fan needs in their library and if you've never played a Gears game before, this is the right game to start from. It takes place the furthest back in the timeline so you wouldn't be missing anything. Expand
  12. Mar 20, 2013
    Honestly didn't thought that i will be able to experience a better gears than gears 3 in this generation. i was wrong. the game rocks!!! better graphics especially the character models are incredible, for multiplayer the best just got better, although fewer multiplayer maps is a con, but overall is crazy. It's the most colorful gears indeed and it's a very good prologue for a next genHonestly didn't thought that i will be able to experience a better gears than gears 3 in this generation. i was wrong. the game rocks!!! better graphics especially the character models are incredible, for multiplayer the best just got better, although fewer multiplayer maps is a con, but overall is crazy. It's the most colorful gears indeed and it's a very good prologue for a next gen gears. No need to speak about gameplay. it's a kind of its own! Expand
  13. Mar 20, 2013
    Im giving this game a 10 to offset the large amount of people who give zeros just because the game has popularity. I recently played the game and it feels much more balanced and a lot less about hiding with shotguns,and the makes for a much more fun game.
  14. Mar 20, 2013
    First off, I don't believe this game deserves a 10. I'm rating it a 10 to combat the 0's and 1's who can't handle change.

Let me begin by stating that this, in its own right, is a great game. Every battle is unique, I've died on one part and when I retried, it was a completely different set of enemies that attacked. That's a huge plus you need to be able to actually use weapons and their strengths/weaknesses to your advantage instead of spraying and praying (I'm talking hardcore+ not on easy of course). I've seen reviews say that you're not supposed to use cover as much as previous games. I don't know if I necessarily believe this as I've used cover as much if not more than previous games, especially using the sniper rifle. Again, true to the roots.

Secondly, the game is a prequel and designed to be a filler in the Gears series, it's not really a main numbered entry. I get it, I understand how you all don't want things to change, but come on. This was a great filler into the back stories of Cole and Baird, plus two new intriguing characters. There's also a kind of continuation of Gears 3 once you obtain enough stars. Thirdly, the multiplayer is pretty cool. I like the mode overrun and the objective based modes in this game. Once you play the campaign through on Hardcore+, you have a decent understanding of what most weapons do, their strengths/weaknesses, and this definitely helps in multiplayer. Listen, games change, developers change, and ultimately, whether you like it or not, it is all about making that money for the company who produces and releases the game. We, as fans, are lucky they continue to make more entries to our favorite series.

If the company continues to rehash what they've been doing without introducing new elements, everyone is going to complain just as much, probably more. People want shoot-em-up's, people want achievements, people want something to strive for. The company just added that in to maximize market potential. It's life. Halo changed, Metroid changed, Zelda changed, Mario changed, Final Fantasy changed, all franchises change to sell games. It's a part of video game life. The only franchise that hasn't is Call of Duty and everyone complains how that's "THE SAME GAME WITH DIFFERENT GUNS AND MAPS" too. I swear, you all will find something to nitpick and complain about everything.

The only thing that bothers me about this game's campaign is how choppy it is. I hate the storyline being broken up by my accumulation of stars. I hate the declassify thing, albeit I can see why they added it, but it really adds to the arcade-choppy feel of the game. And without them, you barely get one star per. This is the only aspect of the game that I can say made me want to turn and run. The rest is brilliant.

This is a good game. If you liked any of the series and want to learn more about Cole and Baird while getting an action-packed ride, pick this up.

15. Mar 19, 2013
    Great gameplay, great graphics, and excellent story telling method. This is Gears of War revamped. People Can Fly has done to Gears what 343 has done to Halo.
  16. Mar 19, 2013
    This game is a blast atm only 4 mp maps but 2 more and 2 more game types are coming for free on the 2nd of april i belive so if u can wait thatd probialy be best idea! GAme controles great ive had nothing but fun and playing all recent gears im likeing how people die in the sence of the person seems to die how hey should unlike previous one it took almost so much damage till the died orThis game is a blast atm only 4 mp maps but 2 more and 2 more game types are coming for free on the 2nd of april i belive so if u can wait thatd probialy be best idea! GAme controles great ive had nothing but fun and playing all recent gears im likeing how people die in the sence of the person seems to die how hey should unlike previous one it took almost so much damage till the died or got shot to peices. No blind fire has been a complaint i here and dont give a crap about its a game even if blind fire ur thing its a game and youll leArn to cope or just go playolder gears games! Expand
  17. Mar 20, 2013
    People Can Fly have done the impossible, they've taken Epic's genre-defining gameplay and made it better, this is truly the most fun I've had playing Gears.
  18. Mar 21, 2013
    A solid effort on people can fly, the multiplayer even better the campaign while it is short its a very gorgeous game.i would suggest that it would be longer in the cutscenesm gears of war has a new hero:)
  19. Mar 20, 2013
    El juego tiene gráficos excelentes, tiene una historia interesante y un grado de dificultad bastante bueno el modo multiplayer es interesante ya que contiene nuevas modalidades para esta franquicia
  20. Mar 20, 2013
    Judgment is literally as much fun as Gears of War 2. It doesn’t have this scope or severity one and three had, but it operates on a grand scale. I, for one, couldn’t be happier.
  21. Mar 20, 2013
    Esse game ficou muito melhor que GOW3! Espero vê um Gear Of War 4, quero a volta do Marcus Fênix!
    Espero jogar muito na live, adoro o modo online dele!
    vamos galera, vamos esperar um novo Gear of War.
    Opá, espero que lance um KL3!
    ADORO OS GAMES DA RAREWARE!
    Que venha News ips!
  22. Mar 20, 2013
    This game is an advancement of the series that follows a safe route. The good frantic and hectic battles with many more enemies than in previous games. Fights are more intense with flanking and charging and varied enemies. Declassify missions add another level of challenge and replayability. Graphics are gorgeous especially the improved lighting effects. (I cannot wait for next genThis game is an advancement of the series that follows a safe route. The good frantic and hectic battles with many more enemies than in previous games. Fights are more intense with flanking and charging and varied enemies. Declassify missions add another level of challenge and replayability. Graphics are gorgeous especially the improved lighting effects. (I cannot wait for next gen Gears). Matchmaking so far seems fair and balanced with quick connections to matches. Little if any noticeable lag. What could be better and can be solved through DLC is addition of Horde mode which is missing. Also there is a small number of versus multiplayer maps. I am hoping they will add more with DLC as well. Overall its another Gears game, maybe not in a grand scale type of manner, buts its more Gears and that is a good thing. Expand
  23. Mar 24, 2013
    this game has a lot to offer,first off the visuals and sound are on par with any gears game before it.the campaign and multiplayer is fun,frantic,fast,and more than worthy of the gears of war name.a lot of changes have been made but for all the right reasons.here is the thing about video games,if you put out the same thing over and over again people start saying you are rehashing thethis game has a lot to offer,first off the visuals and sound are on par with any gears game before it.the campaign and multiplayer is fun,frantic,fast,and more than worthy of the gears of war name.a lot of changes have been made but for all the right reasons.here is the thing about video games,if you put out the same thing over and over again people start saying you are rehashing the game.judgment tries to do something new and people act like its the end of the world.people can fly are veterans of the series they worked on the pc version of gears of war 1. later epic got them to help out on gears 2 and 3.it is a triple A title and it shows. i do think more maps and modes should have come with the game but to me that is minor considering the replay value the game has.judgment is getting free dlc on april 2,dbno,execution,2 other game modes,and 2 more multiplayer maps.title updates to the game will further add to the replay value.more maps and modes will be coming in the months to follow.the story could have been a bit better but the co op and the multiplayer more than make up for that.i am giving this game a 10 only because of people giving it a 0 or 5,which it does not deserve. Expand
  24. Mar 19, 2013
    Hey I don't do this often but this is a game I think a lot of people are on the fence about. It's a good game, I wasn't sure about it either and kind of picked it up on a whim. The gameplay is awesome better than ever I'd say, it's also the prettiest gears game yet, though it sounds strange to call a G.O.W. game pretty. The only real problem I have in the campaign is the story, it justHey I don't do this often but this is a game I think a lot of people are on the fence about. It's a good game, I wasn't sure about it either and kind of picked it up on a whim. The gameplay is awesome better than ever I'd say, it's also the prettiest gears game yet, though it sounds strange to call a G.O.W. game pretty. The only real problem I have in the campaign is the story, it just seems like a missed opportunity to expand the lore and give us an in depth look at those early days of the war. All the characters are noticeably quieter this time around, which is a shame because I wanted to get to know them better. I've played through the campaign in about ten hours on normal, though haven't done aftermath yet. Its a solid campaign, a bit more restrained than the last two entries but it almost reminds me of the first gears(which thanks to a free code I can play again for the first time since '07. I've checked out all the MP modes and while overrun is the clear winner they're all a blast. Maps are scarce at the moment but what's there is fantastic and worthy of the great tradition set forth by it's fellow gears titles. All in all a great game that falls just a bit shy of the very high bar set by the trilogy. But at the end of the day a mediocre gears game is better than 90% of the third person shooters out there. Oh and don't be scared of the microtransactions, its nothing and not pay to win or pay to play even in any way shape or form. If you love gears support it, you wont be dissapointed. Expand
  25. Mar 21, 2013
    at least its better than the twilight movies they were very horrible and this game is great even though u don't that emotional weight the original series but hey way better than those stupid games that came out earlier this year
  26. Mar 20, 2013
    Absolutely love it. Obviously it was supposed to be a goodbye to the series but what a goodbye it is! Tons of killing, great graphics plus the structure of the campaign. I was afraid at first that it would not be treated with love, but the pcf studio delivered.
  27. Mar 20, 2013
    Multiplayer review only...

Multiplayer review only...

First of all, if you’re a true gears of war fan, you will like this game. I am not sure you will love it, but you will like it. That being said, I think people fail to realize the greatness that went into the game. Now my review will be on multiplayer alone. I have not played the campaign, nor will I for a while. Ever since I've gotten an Xbox 360 and played games online, I rarely play them alone. Now let me address a few things. I think people are coming to want things to be perfect out the box. I haven't played a game that was better out the box then it was when I stopped playing it due to updates, patches, etc. Gears of war 1 was not the same game out the box. Even though it is my favorite gears and had the best game play in my opinion, that’s not how the game started off. When gears first came out, you could down people and unlimited amount of times. People would down guys for half the match to boost their points. There was also the sliding feature, something that us gears players would refer to as the "ICE MAN" slide, where you could pick up a weapon and glide around for 2 seconds before you had it in your hand. These glitches were removed and it gave us a better game overall and is the gears we all remember. Now getting back to GOW judgment, this is an excellent multiplayer offering, with a few changes that you may or may not like, but it’s not a reason to trade the game in within the first 3 hours of playing it. I really feel that people don’t know how to give things a chance. There are only 4 maps, but they are all great, and huge and more are coming in less than 2 weeks. Also too, execution is making its way back as well, so that’s something to look forward too.

The speed of the game feels like a mix between gears 1 and 3. You pick up weapons faster than ever now, and the shotty is more reliable then gears 2,and 3.

So here are my pros and cons:

Pros
    -it feels like gears
    -y button makes for easy switching
    -no more down shots, (I like this because they already took the down shot from the sniper in previous gears so what’s the point of it being in the game)
    - The Shotty is a little better than 3, but still not as good as one.
    -maps feel like gears but they add more too the game like different heights and elements of surprise.
    -New weapons
    -You can throw grenades on people and stick them. [[ASIN:B002I0H2AG Gears of War: Judgment]]

cons
    - You don’t get downed any more, you just die
    - You can't pick up your teammates any more, or pick up enemies and use them as a meat shield
    - You can’t stick grenades to things any more
    - Not sure if I like the special grenades yet.
    - Melee is faster and only takes two to kill you.

In the end, I love the game. There are things that I have to get used to, but I got on and had a ball as if I was playing it for a few months. They might even patch these things in a little while. I just can’t see how people can hate the game because there are only 4 maps? That’s a factor that will change in the next 2 weeks. Not that big of a deal to me I guess.
  28. Mar 21, 2013
    Ok to be blunt this is not the best story in the franchise but its not the worse. I think the combat in this game is very frantic and fun, it got more intense then maybe any of the other games. The multiplayer overtime may get to be the best, the overrun mode alone is worth the price.
  29. Mar 19, 2013
    jogo muito bom melhor game da série ,porem precisa ter mais personagens e mapas no multiplayer,divertido rápido jogabilidade fluida ..transformou a série..
  30. Mar 26, 2013
    What a great, well-crafted, fun game. If one is open to the GoW aesthetic, it is hard for me to imagine one not believing this is the greatest of the series. Imo, the best game of 2013 so far. The graphics are sharp, the multiplayer is a riot, and the game is fun. Period. No apologies: This is the best GoW by about ten yards.
  31. Mar 24, 2013
    This is the best gears yet its a more fast paced multiplayer haven't had connection issues like all the other gears of wars only negatives i found is theres no locust its cog vs cog and campaign is great not bad at all
  32. May 8, 2014
    This is a truly fantastic instalment that managed to meet my high expectations. Taking all the elements that made GOW3 great and pushing it even further. The levels are just stunning and some of the best Iooking yet seen in GOW. There's loads of room for different tactics and experimentation and good variety in the mission structures. I liked the star system alot, as it made coming back toThis is a truly fantastic instalment that managed to meet my high expectations. Taking all the elements that made GOW3 great and pushing it even further. The levels are just stunning and some of the best Iooking yet seen in GOW. There's loads of room for different tactics and experimentation and good variety in the mission structures. I liked the star system alot, as it made coming back to the game very compelling in an old school 'gotta get a perfect score' way. People Can Fly have demonstrated they were the right studio to work alongside Epic. Expand
  33. Apr 23, 2013
    Pros:
    Its a gears game- nowadays its nearly impossible to ruin a gears game. Its fun, crazy, fast-paced, and gory. What is not to love?
    Campaign- 4 player co-op locust one heckuva good time, grab a few drinks, sit down with some buddies and play through it. You won't be disappointed. Survival- this is the best gametype in the game by far. Multiplayer doesn't have the COG vs Locust
    Pros:

Survival- this is the best gametype in the game by far. Multiplayer doesn't have the COG vs Locust anymore, and it feels wrong to kill other gears (unless you are the locust), so I usually gravitate to this playlist. The class limitations can be annoying, but it takes skill to master them all.

Cons:
    Skins- good lord people, how many boxes of experience before I simply break the disc in frustration? I can literally earn hundreds of boxes and all of them be experience while my buddy plays two games and gets a copper/chrome/gold skin from the get-go. Yeah, this unlock system is terrible.

Weapons- gnasher gib-fest...every...single...game...Spawn, rush, gnasher, die, rinse, repeat...Oh and who even uses the hammerburst anymore? You'll be sniped dead by a gnasher by the time you raise your weapon to aim down the sights.

Overrun- fun as heck, but come on, the COG is no fun to play, and everybody wants to be the locust. Just a trivial thing, but a similar point unlock system as the locust would've been nice.
  34. Apr 14, 2013
    This game is really great. This is another great Gears Of War. I have played two of the three other games so I am aware of what would make this game better or worse. The only thing that could have made this game a little better was more need to use cover. For the most part of this game, you do not even need to use cover as it is much easier to shoot enemies in this game.
  35. Apr 4, 2013
    good game, good game but with some minor bugs in mp, skdjafnjfnjanfjajfanjnsjsnsjnjfsjfajfnajsfjjssjsjjsjssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
  36. Apr 2, 2013
    Not much less visible in the game, a single story remained weak.If Multiplayer'a the overrun, and Free For All modes have been wonderful.Not to mention hard and have fun in the Survival mode.And the graphics have become GeoW better than 3.
    In short, Judgment GeoW still managed to be the most successful example of its kind.
  37. Apr 4, 2013
    Game Score

Graphics: 9 Gameplay: 9 Singleplayer/Coop Story: 10 Multiplayer: 8 Sound: 9 Lastability:9 Overall: 9 This game is easily the best of the Gears franchise. The campaign is so much better adding the challenges and stars for each level. As Coop singleplayer on previous games was face roll this time its actually a bit more of a challenge and if you dont want a challenge
    Game Score

Graphics: 9
    Gameplay: 9
    Singleplayer/Coop Story: 10
    Multiplayer: 8
    Sound: 9
    Lastability:9

Overall: 9

This game is easily the best of the Gears franchise. The campaign is so much better adding the challenges and stars for each level. As Coop singleplayer on previous games was face roll this time its actually a bit more of a challenge and if you dont want a challenge you still have the chance to not worry about stars/challenges and blast through it. There is quite a bit to do in this gears and compared to other games out this is defiantly one of the games i will be playing more than others. The multiplayer Overrun is Amazing and really tactical. Im just a little disappointed in the few maps and missing horde mode as that was a great addition in the previous gears. Which is why i gave it a rating of 8 for multiplayer.

All in all this game is defiantly worth a purchase and i would recommend anyone who liked the previous ones to go pick up this game.

Real Talk

Samoleto
  38. Apr 5, 2013
    This game has an amazing campaign, with a lot its action which can last 30 minutes. But now the Multiplayer. OH MY GOD the multiplayer is so perfect. I..I.I cant think of anything to speak about the multiplayer because its that good. Survival is hard. Like really hard at points but I can't get in a match with a full group but i did once. I know other people really hate this game becauseThis game has an amazing campaign, with a lot its action which can last 30 minutes. But now the Multiplayer. OH MY GOD the multiplayer is so perfect. I..I.I cant think of anything to speak about the multiplayer because its that good. Survival is hard. Like really hard at points but I can't get in a match with a full group but i did once. I know other people really hate this game because of getting down is not it anymore, but hey it nice. I love the Gears series and I don't think this game ruined the series.
    Gears Of War Judgment deserves a 10!!!!!! Go buy it right now!!!!
  39. Apr 16, 2013
    this is most likely the best gears I have played in years! I'm a expert in the gears franchise so I know what I'm talking about. The multiplayer is the best with 4 fantastic maps and no glitches in sight it's could possibly be the most fun gears yet! This on gears 1 and 2 so badly. People can fly should take gears as its new franchise developer! I love this game so much I can't stressthis is most likely the best gears I have played in years! I'm a expert in the gears franchise so I know what I'm talking about. The multiplayer is the best with 4 fantastic maps and no glitches in sight it's could possibly be the most fun gears yet! This on gears 1 and 2 so badly. People can fly should take gears as its new franchise developer! I love this game so much I can't stress anymore! if your name is cody stevens you stroke ballsack Expand
  40. Apr 25, 2013
    A completely new and fresh Gears Of War.
    A completely new and fresh Gears Of War.
    Yes i know horde is out and a lot of things are out of the window here... but come on people the campaign is good NOT the best, but GOOD. the lack oh maps and modes on multiplayer is a big down but, the game itself is well made no bugs, no glitches, graphics are amazing and the new control layout works like a charm. I see no reason for people arguing about that it's a love it or hate it situation. A fast paced game and that exactly what Gears Of War should be. That's My humble opinion. A solid 9 out of 10.
  41. May 4, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. this game is perfect. it is amazing. anyone who gave it a negative review obviously didnt even TRY the game. sure, its not like the rest of them, but its good. heres some spoilers.
    SPOILER
    1.the bigginings slow at Beards testimony. Get to coles testimony.
    2.its awesome
    look for my reviews on the following Minecraft Xbox 360 edition
  42. May 7, 2013
    COMPARING WITH PREVIOUS GEARS
    Poor Storyline, way less emotional than GOW2 and GOW3. I miss Marcus and Dom for sure.
    Very good campaign in terms of gameplay, far more intense than any previous Gears game. AI is better and more aggressive in campaign. Also, it throws tougher enemies at you... overall more immersive. Multiplayer has nothing specially better, but nothing bad also.
    COMPARING WITH PREVIOUS GEARS
    Multiplayer has nothing specially better, but nothing bad also.

ADDITION Overrun brings in a newer MP mode, a good.
    _________Declassified mode makes it even more challenging.
    DELETION Our beloved HORDE mode is deleted, replacing it with some survival mode, which is not as interesting as classic Horde. After addition of fortification options in horde of GOW3, I thought the series will make Horde experience better. A strong dismal.

BUT THE GAME IS OVERALL GOOD, A must play for Gears lovers.
  43. May 18, 2013
    Finally, the devs decided to get with the times and include some big explosions and cooler guns in their game. The old Gears had was too slow and repetitive. Judgement has some seriously awesome shooting. Baird is a cool protagonist with lots of angst and edgy dialogue just like me. The best thing about this game is how good players don't have an advantage over newbies. It's good becauseFinally, the devs decided to get with the times and include some big explosions and cooler guns in their game. The old Gears had was too slow and repetitive. Judgement has some seriously awesome shooting. Baird is a cool protagonist with lots of angst and edgy dialogue just like me. The best thing about this game is how good players don't have an advantage over newbies. It's good because I'm not the best player, but I do enjoy getting kills in multiplayer so I can tell they really care about people like me. The best thing, however, is that the game is now controlled like CoD. I don't have to worry about bad or unique controls, I can just run and gun without getting bored with strategy which is boring.

Great game, liked it much more than the other Gears of Bores.
  44. Jun 22, 2013
    As a longtime fan of the series i didn't immediatly like the changes to the controls and overall feel to the game. Felt less dramatic/real and more "arcadey". But the new declassifed mission mechianic really hooked me, made the game FAR more challenges thus more enjoyabe. Would put you in many different scenarios such as having a 3-4 minute time limit to clear a level or using only certainAs a longtime fan of the series i didn't immediatly like the changes to the controls and overall feel to the game. Felt less dramatic/real and more "arcadey". But the new declassifed mission mechianic really hooked me, made the game FAR more challenges thus more enjoyabe. Would put you in many different scenarios such as having a 3-4 minute time limit to clear a level or using only certain weapons, reducing your ammo or even fighting more/more powerful enemies. The controls didn't take long to get used to, and i definetely noticed the graphical improvements since Gears 3 seeing as you can unlock a mission from gears 3 called aftermath.

Aftermath was fun, brought back a feeling of Gears 1 imo since certain parts were a little creepy. But you definetly can tell the difference in the graphics while playing it, Gears 3 still looks good but Judgment look much better IMO.

Its a good bang for your buck, you get the Judgement campaign, a single mission from gears 3 Aftermath, Survival (kinda like horde) and then multiplayer of course.
  45. Nov 14, 2013
    Graphics: Nice lighting, good character models, detailed looking environments, but minor anti-aliasing. 9.5.

Sound: Voice acting is good, traditional gears themes, traditional gun sounds. No issues with sound. 10. Gameplay: The single player is broken down into sections with some mechanics feeling similar to a horde mode. The gameplay mechanics are similar to previous gears

Gameplay: The single player is broken down into sections with some mechanics feeling similar to a horde mode. The gameplay mechanics are similar to previous gears games although the controls have been revamped. The new controls feel great, and the multiplayer feels faster paced. The VS mode is familiar with previous gears but with some tweaks. New game modes such as Overrun and Free for all are new to the gears series, and are actually a lot of fun. The game also adds an aftermath mode to the game’s campaign which feels more like traditional gears rather than the judgment campaign. Even with the judgment campaign feeling like sections after section the game is actually challenging. Probably the most challenging single player in any gears game. There are new declassified modes in the judgment campaign that make it the most challenging. Fans are disappointed this time around because there’s no horde mode although there’s a survival mode, but while it is a fresh take, it’s not as revolutionary as horde mode was. 9.0

Story: The judgment campaign is a prequel in the gears series, and is told through testimonies from each character. The aftermath campaign takes place during gears 3 and is actually a good bonus. The story telling isn’t any amazing, but it’s just plain simple. No good plot twist, just a story progressing forward, with a seeable ending. 7.5.

Replay Value: Tons of modes, definitely another gears game with replay value. The single player is short, but there’s a bonus aftermath mode, the multiplayer is never ending. Still, there’s not enough maps for modes like Overrun, or Versus, Epic made a bad decision, but future DLC packs will add more. 9.0.

Overall Score: 9 out of 10.
  46. Sep 18, 2014
    This is a fun game. It's a nice change of pace from the previous Gears of War games and as much as I love the series this one stands out a bit different then the other games. If you like the other Gears games I highly recommend this to you.
  47. Dec 19, 2014
    I hesitated to play this one, because all the flame and bad reviews it got. I must say, I agree, but not with the user score but with Critic's on this one.
    1) Graphic - Great. One of the best on X360, and as to be expected this is one of the best looking games on Unreal engine. 9/10
    2) Sound - nothing new from previous instalments, just good. 7/10 3) Story - actually for a shooter it
    2) Sound - nothing new from previous instalments, just good. 7/10
    3) Story - actually for a shooter it has really great story (i started Serious sam 3 right after this - cant complain :D) Campaign is also perfectly timed, It ended just before it started to bore me (I hate when games drag too long, I like to finish them but sometimes I want to throw up when I think that game should end 5 hours earlier f.e. Uncharted 2, GTA 4, Dead Space 2 - cool games but enough is enough) 8/10
    4) Gameplay - im giving judgement only based on single player campaign - great. I actually had more fun than in GOW 1 and GOW 3. Its my second best (if not as good as GOW2) instalment of the series. 9/10

Overall - 9/10
    Dont read those bad reviews, if you didnt played GOW games for a long time (like me) or didnt played this games at all (even better) there is big chance that Youll love this game, just like me. And You can buy it really cheap now.
  48. May 18, 2013

Great game, liked it much more than the other Gears of Bores.

1. May 9, 2013
    It's Gears 3, minus pacing and ambition. It's still fantastically enjoyable, but it's easily the least interesting Gears game. [June 2013, p.64]
  2. May 7, 2013
    Judgment shows that the People Can Fly team knows its way around triple-A titles. They managed to squeeze a lot out of Unreal Engine 3 – the game looks great even compared to Crysis 3, which set new standards in terms of visuals, also on consoles. And when the technology restrained them, they creatively found a way around limitations. [CD-Action 05/2013, p.60]
  3. Apr 21, 2013
    Judgment feels a bit like an excuse to provide the Xbox 360 with one last first-party game for what is likely to be its final year as Microsoft’s flagship game platform.