8.3

1. matt
    Jan 6, 2007
    Marc S, they put M ratings on games for a reason, they aren't meant to be played by 6 year olds. And how can you give it a 0 if you think it's a great game? Anyway, my thoughts, it really raises the bar for this genre, only once in a while does this sort of game come along, but when it does, you thank god for video games. Unbelievable game, top marks.
  2. TonyG.
    Jan 4, 2007
    Phenomenal. Fun, intelligent, and violent.
  3. KeithM.
    Jul 5, 2007
    To the people below me, you are idiots. I agree the single player was a little weak in the story department but it was loads of fun. And the only reason you guys don't like the online multiplayer is because A. you suck horribly (noob) and B. you didnt explore the gametypes like annex that allow you to respawn and fight to maintain territory. How about you play the game more than once To the people below me, you are idiots. I agree the single player was a little weak in the story department but it was loads of fun. And the only reason you guys don't like the online multiplayer is because A. you suck horribly (noob) and B. you didnt explore the gametypes like annex that allow you to respawn and fight to maintain territory. How about you play the game more than once before you judge it you idiots. Expand
  4. JeffK.
    Dec 27, 2006
    Absolutely amazing. When I played, I couldn't believe the graphics, gameplay, etc. The best game I have played to date.
  5. AbdulS.
    Dec 10, 2007
    One of the best games on 360, story could be a little longer, but it is great. the multiplayer is competative and really fun. still best graphics. the only people that do not like this game suck at it.
  6. AngelaF.
    Jan 3, 2007
    This is one of the BEST games out for the 360! The AI is good in this game and so far I haven't found an "easy" way to kill the enemies, except for the berserker on the train, you can make him fall off. Loads of fun and pretty challenging, the weapons are designed well. I especially like how the chainsaw will stop when you get shot at. The controls work perfectly and i really This is one of the BEST games out for the 360! The AI is good in this game and so far I haven't found an "easy" way to kill the enemies, except for the berserker on the train, you can make him fall off. Loads of fun and pretty challenging, the weapons are designed well. I especially like how the chainsaw will stop when you get shot at. The controls work perfectly and i really don't understand how people can say that its hard to use.*cough, NOOB* LOL.. The only thing is that they could have made it a little longer. Still deserves a 10, this game rocks. Expand
  7. Jk
    Jan 7, 2007
    This game is so f*ckin good! It might be a a bit short but things like co-op add many extra hours to this game I've beaten this game so many times but I've come back for more its so frican fun specially playing with freinds on split screen or online co op GET IT NOW!
  8. SlothM.
    Feb 24, 2007
    Sick game, yes the campaign is short but the absolutely mindblowing graphics, and superb online multiplayer make this a winner no doubt.
  9. Ian
    Jul 23, 2007
    This is the most satisfying game I have played in a long time. Although, judging by Storage Box's content, you may not like the game if you are completely inept with first person shooters. Killing in this game is extremely rewarding and only makes you want to kill more. You won't put a round into someone's head and watch them collapse limp onto the ground. You'll blow This is the most satisfying game I have played in a long time. Although, judging by Storage Box's content, you may not like the game if you are completely inept with first person shooters. Killing in this game is extremely rewarding and only makes you want to kill more. You won't put a round into someone's head and watch them collapse limp onto the ground. You'll blow their freaking head off and watch a mess of guts come raining down after hearing them scream in agony! Although, a fair warning, you may not enjoy the story line if you came here for the epic storytelling of JRR Tolkien. The plot of this game is simple. Kill em. Kill em all! Expand
  10. Notafanboy
    Jul 9, 2008
    I could go on for pages about this game. One of the few games to deliver. What makes this game great is the features it brings. The chainsaw will keep newcomers happy in a sadistic way for some time, as well as the curb stomp, which after two years is still great fun. The graphics are right up there with the greats, even after all this time. I still haven't put this game down, truly I could go on for pages about this game. One of the few games to deliver. What makes this game great is the features it brings. The chainsaw will keep newcomers happy in a sadistic way for some time, as well as the curb stomp, which after two years is still great fun. The graphics are right up there with the greats, even after all this time. I still haven't put this game down, truly breathtaking. Expand
  11. MikeM.
    Nov 11, 2006
    An amazing game that suddenly renewed my interest in the FP shooter genre again. I have to admit I'm a pretty jaded and long time gamer (early 80's) and like many, feared this would be either be another Brute Force or a typical formulamatic shooter. But I was definately wrong. Dead wrong. Forget that this game would put graphic whores in pure ecstasy, but the gameplay works well An amazing game that suddenly renewed my interest in the FP shooter genre again. I have to admit I'm a pretty jaded and long time gamer (early 80's) and like many, feared this would be either be another Brute Force or a typical formulamatic shooter. But I was definately wrong. Dead wrong. Forget that this game would put graphic whores in pure ecstasy, but the gameplay works well that melds halo type action with the strategy of a Tom Clancy type shooter. Repetitive game play? I think not. The coop mode is pretty sweet, but the versus mode simply enhances the games longetivity. Its only 4v4, but the maps are made perfectly accomodating for that amount. Now I only hope if they make a sequel they include 4 player coop.... Expand
  12. Falak.D
    Nov 10, 2006
    This game is amazing. the graphics, gameplay proves that this could be the game to beat Halo 3 but we'll have to wait and see. It was either FEAR or GOW and I guess I made the right decision. The best game for 06' PERIOD!
  13. Mahfu83
    Nov 13, 2006
    Dont believe the other ratings! These people only rated the single player mode. Multiplayer and online are so utterly amazing that it outshines anything ever created for online. If you love to get the blood pumpin and enjoy edge of your seat competion....then buy this game. The hype was under-rated!
  14. danwarb
    Nov 10, 2006
    Very innovative and original gameplay ;) ;). Great story. Subtle; you're not hit over the head with it. Best visuals in a game so far.
  15. DrewC.
    Nov 27, 2006
    It is an amazing game! This is the first game I played on xbox 360 and it is the best of the bunch. I'm HOOKED!
  16. JonT.
    Nov 8, 2006
    Love the singleplayer and coop. Multiplayer is great fun too. Easily best 360 game out now, so get it and play it!
  17. Merrill
    Nov 8, 2006
    Wowzers 0_o...the multiplayer is so good that I was pretty much speechless. The chainsaws, bombs, brain-plattering headshots, and gore are just the beginning of what is truly a tactical TPS game that defines what Next-Gen means. Props to MS and Epic for giving us such an awesome game and I can't stopping thinking about it as I'm typing this...must go play now.
  18. Themdogs
    Nov 8, 2006
    awesome! i expected alot from this game but i was still overwhelmed by the sheer beauty of the game, and it certainly has the gameplay to mmatch. Very little to critisize really!
  19. JG
    Nov 8, 2006
    A brilliant game in the making, the graphics are the best i've seen on 360, the single player is great even better on co-op, and the multiplayer is perfect.
  20. EdwardW.
    Nov 9, 2006
    This game is a master piece couldn't put it down Can't wait for the enivitable release if GOW2 . It's a great game of players who enjoy cinematic views and great land scapes. The fire fights are as close to real life as u can get.
  21. GM
    Nov 9, 2006
    "Bob J. gave it a3: This game has been so overhyped that reviewers feel compelled to give it a good score. Excellent texturing, solid presentation. Poor, repetitive desgin with little innovation. If you are expecting a classic you will be disappointed. It is as formulaic as they come." Many games have been as hyped and gotten very poor reviews. This person has obviously never played this "Bob J. gave it a3: This game has been so overhyped that reviewers feel compelled to give it a good score. Excellent texturing, solid presentation. Poor, repetitive desgin with little innovation. If you are expecting a classic you will be disappointed. It is as formulaic as they come." Many games have been as hyped and gotten very poor reviews. This person has obviously never played this game. This game assaults all of your senses. The game is amazing and unlike any game I have ever played before and I've owned EVERY system made since the Atari 2600. It's sad whebn someone trashes a masterpiece like this simply because it may hurt sales of the one console they choose to own. Being a multi-console owner and seeing all games in an un-tainted way is pure gaming bliss. Expand
  22. dudeXIII
    Nov 9, 2006
    Bob J. is a Halo fanboy because of his rediculously low score that he gave for this game.

People gave high scores for RE4. This game has the same camera style like RE4, and nearly the same gameplay (this game's a bit more "free" compared to RE4 for obvious reasons). P.S. Halo was definitely overrated. I can't stand to play that crap of a game. And before you say that I suck

P.S. Halo was definitely overrated. I can't stand to play that crap of a game. And before you say that I suck @ Halo(2): I was on the Top 5 on DM rankings.
  23. AaronH.
    Dec 2, 2006
    Simply a great game. I can't think of any changes I would like to see in the sequal except maybe to make the single player campaign longer.
  24. DavidR.
    Dec 30, 2006
    Okay, first off, the controls don't suck, the people who say they suck suck. I can do everything just fine, you're just retarded. Second off, the graphics ARE all that and about 28 bags of chips. Don't listen to anyone who tells you otherwise. "The voice-acting is retarded." Of course it is! These are the big, hulking jock jerks from High School that knew nothing other than Okay, first off, the controls don't suck, the people who say they suck suck. I can do everything just fine, you're just retarded. Second off, the graphics ARE all that and about 28 bags of chips. Don't listen to anyone who tells you otherwise. "The voice-acting is retarded." Of course it is! These are the big, hulking jock jerks from High School that knew nothing other than how to play sports. These guys are DUMB. In a good way. Oh, I saw a reviewer who said that whenever you got shot, your chainsaw stopped revving. That was to make the chainsaw not a complete noob weapon, retard! You know, add some challenge? 10/10. Nothing less. Expand
  25. DylanP.
    Jan 12, 2007
    I have had so much fun with this game. YES the main game is short but my friend and I had so much fun playing it together we kept coming back. The online is my favorite part. Strategy comes into play in the online matches to a large extent. Rushing in and dying? Hold back and let the enemy come to you and have a teammate flank from the side. If you have a team that talks to each other it I have had so much fun with this game. YES the main game is short but my friend and I had so much fun playing it together we kept coming back. The online is my favorite part. Strategy comes into play in the online matches to a large extent. Rushing in and dying? Hold back and let the enemy come to you and have a teammate flank from the side. If you have a team that talks to each other it is an amazing experience. And of course the graphics are beautiful! I guess people don't understand the concept of different art styles. Everything doesn't have to be all bright and colorful. Still I would recommend renting it as with any game. Everyone has different tastes in games so you may not enjoy it. Expand
  26. WyattG.
    Oct 30, 2007
    If you like shooters like I do, then Gears of War is as close to perfection in a shooter game that is currently available on the 360. I am hard pressed to find anything wrong with this game. The graphics, gameplay, weapons and sounds are all fantastic. The 3rd person view and the cover system helps distinguish it from other shooters. The online and offline co-op means that you will want If you like shooters like I do, then Gears of War is as close to perfection in a shooter game that is currently available on the 360. I am hard pressed to find anything wrong with this game. The graphics, gameplay, weapons and sounds are all fantastic. The 3rd person view and the cover system helps distinguish it from other shooters. The online and offline co-op means that you will want to play this game from begining to end multiple times. Then once you are done with the campaign mode it is the multiplayer that will occupy your time on the 360 for a long while. The matches may only be 4 v 4 max, but once you start playing you will soon realise why as the action is so full on that any more players would be pure mayhem. The number of maps available is good and the variety of locations between maps will test you in different ways. WARNING : You will think that you know how to play this game after playing the campaign mode on the hardest difficulty, the truth is that the multiplayer will show you that you really know nothing. Gears of War multiplayer is the home of the hardcore player, and your ass will be owned for ages until you get use to the maps and weapons. That said, your first chainsaw kill will put a smile on your face a mile wide and make you want to play more and more to do it again ! My only criticism with this game lies in the multiplayer where the online lag when shooting is one of the worst I have seen, but the action is so good that you will soon learn to work with it. If you like shooters and can't give this game a 10 then I suggest you sell your 360 and do something else. Expand
  27. JD
    Jan 5, 2007
    Excellent graphics, best shooter game I've ever played; enjoy the 3rd-person view rather than 1st person (Halo). For those who complain about their 6 or 7 year-olds playing the game, would they let their kids watch a slasher movie? Probably not...the game is graphic, but that's what ratings are for.
  28. SeanZ.
    Feb 28, 2007
    The game is only 6 hours if you play it on the "Casual" difficulty. If you play it on the other two, it will take much longer, and the accomplishment of beating the game will be much greater. This game is exhilarating from start to finish, and I wouldn't want this game any other way. If you get stressed over a certain chapter, or part hop into the Xbox Live matches and have fun!
  29. billybobvagina
    Mar 23, 2007
    this game is amazing its better than all halo games combine! it took a while to get used to but after that it was simple. if there is a 2nd gears of war game on its way i will buy it in a flash. this is the best game ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  30. AdrianW.
    Mar 6, 2007
    I don't play A LOT of games by comparison to most people but this is one of the best and most addictive games I've played in quite some time. After 3-4 months of solid gaming I am still sitting down and playing multiplayer for hours with maximum enjoyment. Fantastic game.

The hallmark of Gears' weapon design is the balance of powerful tools with critical, exploitable weaknesses, and it's executed with real finesse.
    Each stage is memorable...They all combine for an unforgettable adventure through 36 hectic, desperate hours of a group of soldiers' lives...A visual and visceral masterpiece.
  3. If you're a graphics whore, you absolutely, positively need to pick this game up. To say that Gears of War features "next-gen graphics" is a gross understatement. It's got the most impressive graphics ever seen in a video game, and the stellar art direction only makes it more beautiful.