8.3

Generally favorable reviews- based on 2092 Ratings

1. Apr 13, 2011
    Completely overhyped and overrated. Gamers were basically told that we are supposed to like this game and many never bothered to question that. Read the summary on this game then ask someone who likes GoW why they do. Nine times out of ten their answer will sound like they are reading the summary, almost like rehearsed lines. Clunky gameplay, darkness instead of graphics, overuse of coverCompletely overhyped and overrated. Gamers were basically told that we are supposed to like this game and many never bothered to question that. Read the summary on this game then ask someone who likes GoW why they do. Nine times out of ten their answer will sound like they are reading the summary, almost like rehearsed lines. Clunky gameplay, darkness instead of graphics, overuse of cover system to the point of boredom, very short game (for what was a top dollar release), cliche everything, and nothing new enough to balance just how tired and clearly "borrowed" so much of this game was- all with a sheen of gore and machismo so over the top it is almost laughable. This game had great appeal for people like the movie going audiences that laud each new release as the best movie ever until the next movie comes out, but in the annals of gaming it is a minor embarrassment and little more. Expand
  2. Sep 15, 2010
    This GAME IS FULL OF S%#T, go rot in hell. All you xbox 360 fanboys look like Marcus's screwed up wife! So yeah I h8 this game so that's it I am going to say and I did this so xbox 360 will be gone.
  3. Dec 5, 2010
    This game is so overhyped! I can't believe how it it said to beat the ps3 exclusives or the x360 games lik Halo and Uncharted 2. But then when I look at the kind of people who find this game appealing I realise hey are the type of people who like anything. Even critics say the game has good graphics - but it doesn't! Play any ps3 exclusive like gt5, ps home, uncharted, FFXIII (I know it'sThis game is so overhyped! I can't believe how it it said to beat the ps3 exclusives or the x360 games lik Halo and Uncharted 2. But then when I look at the kind of people who find this game appealing I realise hey are the type of people who like anything. Even critics say the game has good graphics - but it doesn't! Play any ps3 exclusive like gt5, ps home, uncharted, FFXIII (I know it's not exclusive but it has great graphics), ratchet and clank etc. and you will realise how this game looks like a ps2 game. The gameplay is clunky and the controls are awkward. It sucks. Expand
  4. Mar 24, 2015
    If you like subpar action games with lackluster story and marginal gameplay, this is for you. The online is far surpassed in the sequel causing this game to be the only stain on the Gears legacy, if there is ever a HD collection this should be substituted for Judgement.

1. The hallmark of Gears' weapon design is the balance of powerful tools with critical, exploitable weaknesses, and it's executed with real finesse.
    Each stage is memorable...They all combine for an unforgettable adventure through 36 hectic, desperate hours of a group of soldiers' lives...A visual and visceral masterpiece.
  3. If you're a graphics whore, you absolutely, positively need to pick this game up. To say that Gears of War features "next-gen graphics" is a gross understatement. It's got the most impressive graphics ever seen in a video game, and the stellar art direction only makes it more beautiful.