Gears of War Xbox 360

8.3

1. Kyle
    Jun 27, 2008
    This game its just great, awesome graphics and gameplay.
  2. JeffBevan
    Sep 21, 2008
    One of the best XBOX 360 games to date - this being said almost 2 years after it's release. Amazing graphics and storyline combined with intense action sequences and innovative weapons make this game a must own for any fan of the genre.

The enemies, the Locust, are truly frightening and add a heightened sense of fear to the gameplay. The gamer can sense that these guys are big, solid, and mean as all hell. To add to this - they aren't brought down easily at all - a formidable enemy to say the least. The deep, rumbling vioces of the Boomers from the road ahead leaves gamers scrambling for cover while the ear shattering shrieks of the wretches invoke a sense of panic from deep within the gamer's guts. Perhaps the best enemy in any action-horror game to date - the Berserker. Completely original, the Berserkers are blind and hunt you with their ears and sense of smell. One encounter with one of these monsters has the gamer going from literally holding his breath on the couch while he attempts to silently maneuver his character around the Berserker to a white knuckle "flee-for-all" as you run for your mother-lovin' life! You have never experienced fear from a video game like you do when you're running as fast as you possibly can all the while hearing the walls smash behind you as the beast pursues you with no other desire than to violently dismember you with her bare hands.
    I could literally go on for hours about this game, but the only way to truly understand the masterpiece that this game is is to play it for yourself. Just buy it - you will not regret it!
  3. TS
    Oct 11, 2009
    Seriously one of the best games I've ever played. The online is amazing and fun, the graphics and art style is very nice, and the gameplay is solid. This game makes you feel like you're really fighting a war for mankind, more-so than any other game IMO.
  4. RyanS
    Oct 30, 2009
    This game is not for the feint of heart... This game will not hold your hand, casual gamers will not survive. The single-player is superb, thugh kind of short... But the multiplayer is where it shines! After a steep learning curve (with pretty basic controls), the player of this game may just be challenged by you. This game takes dedication to become skillful. The best part of this game This game is not for the feint of heart... This game will not hold your hand, casual gamers will not survive. The single-player is superb, thugh kind of short... But the multiplayer is where it shines! After a steep learning curve (with pretty basic controls), the player of this game may just be challenged by you. This game takes dedication to become skillful. The best part of this game has to be the satisfaction of getting a basic kill. This game makes you earn your kills, which makes them feel so much more rewarding when you actually get the kill... I've played this game for 3 years... The only game with better multiplayer than this is Halo 2... Collapse
  5. NickB.
    Nov 10, 2006
    Had I not already bought an Xbox 360 earlier this year, Gears of War would have forced me to. It's pretty rare I get that epiphanous moment, where I know I'm playing something truly new, truly well done, and Gears of War is exactly that. This is the kind of game that seems to come along only once in a four of five year period. The level of detail, realism, ambience and mood is Had I not already bought an Xbox 360 earlier this year, Gears of War would have forced me to. It's pretty rare I get that epiphanous moment, where I know I'm playing something truly new, truly well done, and Gears of War is exactly that. This is the kind of game that seems to come along only once in a four of five year period. The level of detail, realism, ambience and mood is so stunning I find myself completely uninterested in the rest of my game collection. Well worth the time and money. Expand
  6. DamonC.
    Nov 10, 2006
    Innovative cover system, you really feel like your hiding with bullets whizzing above your head. Great solid multiplayer. Brilliant Co-op. Negatives are too few maps and modes for online multi.
  7. BobS.
    Nov 10, 2006
    Game of the year, hands down. Single player is a blast & multiplayer is going to give it some loooong legs.
  8. Ryencoke
    Nov 11, 2006
    This is one of the best shooters that i've ever played. Graphics are amazing, sound matches perfectly. An awesome soundtrack also. I highly suggest this game. Best game out for 360.
  9. BikeRanger
    Nov 12, 2006
    Grabs you and won't let go, capturing your mind like Halo or COD. Never boring, occasionally funny, visually stunning, inspires you to replay on harder levels.
  10. NoahL
    Gameplay -- Awesome!
    Story -- Awesome!
    AI -- Awesome!
    Sound -- Awesome!
    Graphics -- Awesome!
    Multiplayer -- Holy Friggin' Awesome!!!
    This game is like Crack for Gamers. Its been a long time since my fingers have hurt this much from over-gaming. If you have a 360 and don't buy this game ASAP you deserve a chainsaw through your chest!
  11. GhostNU
    Nov 12, 2006
    This is no game - THIS IS ART!!! A next generation masterpiece that will leave you breathless! Take the time to master the controls and you will unlock the most brilliant work of interactive cinema of our time. Like others, I was skeptical about Gears going in (due to all the hype), but make no mistake - this game is a tour de force: visceral action, a brilliantly crafted story full of This is no game - THIS IS ART!!! A next generation masterpiece that will leave you breathless! Take the time to master the controls and you will unlock the most brilliant work of interactive cinema of our time. Like others, I was skeptical about Gears going in (due to all the hype), but make no mistake - this game is a tour de force: visceral action, a brilliantly crafted story full of haunting metaphors to our own time, atmospheric music that is both beautiful and terrifying, and photorealistic graphics that, simply put, look like a living, breathing painting. Believe the hype but don't believe the frustrated Sony and Nintendo fanboys. Because they know that the console wars may be over before they've begun. Expand
  12. SteveW.
    Nov 12, 2006
    People that rate this lower than an 8 must not own a 360. All they can say is that its repetitive! This game is a classic. Multiplayer is awesome, and story mode is different when you run through it 3 or 4 times. Don't choose the same path and it wont be repetitive. KICK ASS GAME
  13. Mr.Anderson
    Nov 14, 2006
    This is a game for me. The immersive environments, the better-than-hollywood story, the obviously incredible graphics all enhance the most enjoyable action gameplay I've experienced in years. I'm not usually a big fan of online multiplayer, but this one utilizes strategy and teamwork to an addictive degree. I'm also not one to typically play through an action game's This is a game for me. The immersive environments, the better-than-hollywood story, the obviously incredible graphics all enhance the most enjoyable action gameplay I've experienced in years. I'm not usually a big fan of online multiplayer, but this one utilizes strategy and teamwork to an addictive degree. I'm also not one to typically play through an action game's story more than once (I do that with RPG's some), but I am now going through it the 2nd time on the harder diffculty and can't put it down. It never gets old or frustrating (actually it does when your online and in a match with a team that plays it like it's Halo or doesn't communicate - hopefully that will end soon). If you don't own a 360 - Here's a reason to go get one. Expand
  14. NicholasT.
    Nov 14, 2006
    I would give a 9.7, since there is one fault Why don't they make it 4 player split screen, EPIC this game could be better than Halo if you do this in some kind of update!!! please!!!!, stop with only online multiplayer!
  15. BobM.
    Nov 15, 2006
    Best Shooter To Date. I Cant Wait For Part Two!
  16. Alex
    Nov 15, 2006
    Wow. Its really hard to truly describe the masterpeice that is Gears of War. between the hectic gameplay, heart-stopping visuals, chainsaw bayonet, the unforgettable campaign moments (such as the first Berserker fight), the spot- on voice acting, the cinematic appeal, and the overall AWESOMENESS of it all, its really hard to pick which part of GoW stands out the most. but stop for a Wow. Its really hard to truly describe the masterpeice that is Gears of War. between the hectic gameplay, heart-stopping visuals, chainsaw bayonet, the unforgettable campaign moments (such as the first Berserker fight), the spot- on voice acting, the cinematic appeal, and the overall AWESOMENESS of it all, its really hard to pick which part of GoW stands out the most. but stop for a second, throw the super smooth co-op into it all, and you've got all of the aforementioned, only doubled, and with a friend, making the overall game a true 360 MUST BUY title. plus, its got offline split-screen, which is a feature that (sadly) is becoming incredibly rare now a days. there are the occasional hiccups with the physics and graphics, but these are almost non-existant when you take into account the whole scope of the game. here's to hoping for Gears of War 2. 9.9 out of 10 p.s. Dominic Santiago is a badass. Expand
  17. JonSteine
    Nov 15, 2006
    this game is the best third person shooter i have ever played. A sweet campain story. The bosses fights are so sweet that will just be saying "sweet". The chainsaw is the one of the best weapons ever having the blood spray all over the screen. but to Steve M. you are on crack and wasted and you deserve to have Marcus Felix come over to your house and chop you up with a chainsaw forthis game is the best third person shooter i have ever played. A sweet campain story. The bosses fights are so sweet that will just be saying "sweet". The chainsaw is the one of the best weapons ever having the blood spray all over the screen. but to Steve M. you are on crack and wasted and you deserve to have Marcus Felix come over to your house and chop you up with a chainsaw for saying that. Expand
  18. MattP.
    Nov 18, 2006
    Yeah this game is f..king kick ass you guys did good job on the game only thing i dont like is when u run n u get chainsawed like 10feet away beside that game is kickass been up for 32hrs playing non-stop.
  19. J.T.
    Nov 18, 2006
    Ok I knew that the game would be good but i have to say that Gears Of War exceeds my expectations 100 percent!! The Gameplay is smooth and inovative, unlike any other game on the market. The graphics are absolutely stuning, and the multiplayer is intense and loads of fun. But the best part of the game has to be the chainsaw...there is nothing like cutting a big grasshopper from elbow to Ok I knew that the game would be good but i have to say that Gears Of War exceeds my expectations 100 percent!! The Gameplay is smooth and inovative, unlike any other game on the market. The graphics are absolutely stuning, and the multiplayer is intense and loads of fun. But the best part of the game has to be the chainsaw...there is nothing like cutting a big grasshopper from elbow to a..hole!!! Expand
  20. DLMcK
    Nov 22, 2006
    Forget these people who seem to have an agenda when bad-mouthing this game. It is one of the most fun and one of the most gorgeous games I have ever seen or played. The hours can melt away before you even know it when this one is in the console.
  21. Ek-oDudley
    Nov 22, 2006
    The only problem with the game is the campaign is VERY short. But its good enough to play numerous times. Great Game!
  22. MarkH.
    Nov 22, 2006
    This game is awsome, what other title lets your freinds play your campaign over live at any point with you co-op so exciting.
  23. Valg.
    Nov 22, 2006
    This is by far the best game on the Xbox 360. The graphics, sound, gameplay, originality, innovation are simply the best. Gears of War = the greatest game EVER on any console. The only other game i consider to be this good is Resident Evil 4 for the Gamecube. But Gears of War tops that game as well. This game is worth every penny, and then some!
  24. ChrisG.
    Nov 24, 2006
    What an absolutely incredible game. Aside from a few minor control issues, especially in the "roadie run" mode, Gears blew me away. I have never, ever finished a game and immediatly started over on the same night until I played this. Replay value is perhaps the highest I've ever experienced. The storyline is almost cinematic, and the visuals are sublime. If this doesn't win game What an absolutely incredible game. Aside from a few minor control issues, especially in the "roadie run" mode, Gears blew me away. I have never, ever finished a game and immediatly started over on the same night until I played this. Replay value is perhaps the highest I've ever experienced. The storyline is almost cinematic, and the visuals are sublime. If this doesn't win game of the year It will surprise a lot of people. Now I know why I chose Xbox 360 over PS3 - Microsoft knows how to build original shooters. Expand
  25. NateS.
    Nov 26, 2006
    Excellent graphics, game-play, and multiplayer. Weapon balance, ally and enemy AI, and audio are pure perfection.
  26. DWillett
    Nov 8, 2006
    Oooo buddy the graphics will melt your face.
  27. MassiveShockJ.
    Nov 8, 2006
    A must buy for those who are holding out for an Xbox360 (or waiting for the uber expensive PS3), or better yet get this game now and play it! Truly next gen game. Campaign mode is somewhat short, but if you crank up the difficulty level, might take days to finish. Not your typical run and gun third-person shooter, you need to think and outwit the smart A.I., because you will always find A must buy for those who are holding out for an Xbox360 (or waiting for the uber expensive PS3), or better yet get this game now and play it! Truly next gen game. Campaign mode is somewhat short, but if you crank up the difficulty level, might take days to finish. Not your typical run and gun third-person shooter, you need to think and outwit the smart A.I., because you will always find yourself in a tight situation all the time. Multiplayer is where it shines, fun and addicting, and satisfying after you bash a downed enemy in the head to humiliate their ego after being defeated. A must have title to own in you collection. Expand
  28. ThomasM.
    Nov 9, 2006
    Best game since the Halo franchise. I had severe doubts about this game, and figured it could just be another over-hyped flop, like Brute Force was a few years ago, which was also hyped up to be "The next Halo". There's so many amazing things in Gears of War that I don't really know where to start. Single player is a lot of fun, and the ability to invite someone to co-op with Best game since the Halo franchise. I had severe doubts about this game, and figured it could just be another over-hyped flop, like Brute Force was a few years ago, which was also hyped up to be "The next Halo". There's so many amazing things in Gears of War that I don't really know where to start. Single player is a lot of fun, and the ability to invite someone to co-op with you at any time over xbox live is a real plus. Multiplayer is definitely the most fun I've had in a long time. The game modes are great, the weapons are very well balanced, and the cover system adds so much to the gameplay. Best next-gen game so far. With the best graphics too (looks beautiful on my 1080p hdtv). If you own a 360 there's no excuse not to have this game. So go pick it up and enjoy. Expand
  29. EricD.
    Nov 9, 2006
    Well, I'm giving this game a 10 simply because it's my new favorite of all time. I love it. At first, I started playing and was like...okay, the graphics are beautiful but am I really going to love it? It grows on you. Sweet gameplay in single-player, co-op and multiplayer! When you start playing in the cover system, it is sooo much fun. Always stick with a squadmate!
  30. TroyH.
    Nov 9, 2006
    This game is genius, an amazing 3rd person shooter. The idea of a chainsaw bayonet is insane,blood and gore is used perfectly. This game is a 10 of 10.

The hallmark of Gears' weapon design is the balance of powerful tools with critical, exploitable weaknesses, and it's executed with real finesse.
    Each stage is memorable...They all combine for an unforgettable adventure through 36 hectic, desperate hours of a group of soldiers' lives...A visual and visceral masterpiece.
  3. If you're a graphics whore, you absolutely, positively need to pick this game up. To say that Gears of War features "next-gen graphics" is a gross understatement. It's got the most impressive graphics ever seen in a video game, and the stellar art direction only makes it more beautiful.