God Mode Xbox 360

6.3

1. May 7, 2013
    This game is 800 microsoft points. so its a $10 frantic shooter. It looks great compared to other arcade titles and is a blast to play through with a buddy. I did experience a few glitches...
    *game freezes
    *game freezes
    *a character can become null. He'll still be in game but wont be able to be damaged, be able to deal damage, or pick up items. Upon game end it freezes and you don't get to retain any of the gold or experience you picked up.

it really is a solid fun experience however. I would definitely suggest downloading it and playing it with some friends. I put in about 5 hours last night with my roomie and will be resuming when I get home. I would like to see more levels and customization options but like i mentioned..the game is only $10.
    Some of the guns are a blast to use.

I would like to see some hub improvements. Like having icons on the bottom part of the screen showing what test of faith are currently active.
    also increasing the mag size on a gun but not increasing the total amount of ammo you can retain is NOT cool.

The game is a blast though and it does have its funny moments..funny like "ha..thats funny" not like "omg castle crashers..I'm gonna pee"
  2. Apr 20, 2013
    Well animated, quirky, and full of attack wave action, God Mode is good fun. What it isn't, however, is a well-structured campaign. The main attribute of the game online multiplayer is the tether that keeps it from grading better and will ultimately determine if the game has "legs" or not. The personalization options are somewhat limited, and the weapon tree will take a while to rankWell animated, quirky, and full of attack wave action, God Mode is good fun. What it isn't, however, is a well-structured campaign. The main attribute of the game online multiplayer is the tether that keeps it from grading better and will ultimately determine if the game has "legs" or not. The personalization options are somewhat limited, and the weapon tree will take a while to rank up on, but the action is there in spades, with a host of bizarre and horrible-looking creatures to shoot up and down. Controls are generally tight, although there is frustrating delay when trying to run (the run button is the same as the dive/evade one, only held down) and attempting to "scope" is problematic as the scoping doesn't withdraw when you release the bumper. Both of these can be worked around with practice, but will result in many early deaths until you master them. For 800 MSP, however, this is a delightful way to waste a few hours, but it is doubtful that you will return to the game again and again as with the best multiplayer efforts. Expand
  3. Apr 24, 2013
    Boring game, it's fun for all of 5 minutes. If I could make some suggestions, smaller arenas, more melee weapons like swords and chainsaws, more sound effects, and call it Army of Darkness. Has great assets to make an AoD game out of.
  4. Apr 26, 2013
    It's perfect to one third person game, the graphics are not surprising however are not bad. The gameplay is not bad however could be better. The game is cool for co-op, the abilities that can be shared with friends, and upgrades.
  5. Apr 22, 2013
    If you're looking for a mindless game that requires you too shoot through seemingly infinite hordes of mythologically inspired enemies then look no further. God Mode contains 6 missions, all a fairly decent length, and a fairly varied customization system. Along with that you are able to upgrade your weapons, and purchase new abilities. Leveling up isn't exactly the slowest thing in theIf you're looking for a mindless game that requires you too shoot through seemingly infinite hordes of mythologically inspired enemies then look no further. God Mode contains 6 missions, all a fairly decent length, and a fairly varied customization system. Along with that you are able to upgrade your weapons, and purchase new abilities. Leveling up isn't exactly the slowest thing in the world but it does require a bit of work. There are a few problems I had with the game over extended play. After a while the announcer will get on your nerves. He gives the same speech over and over after pressing start at the title screen and it will get on your nerves regardless of how tolerant you are of such annoyances. Also, the game frequently freezes mid-playthrough. It seems to happen mostly when someone decides to leave, the game will not exactly freeze entirely, but enemies will run in place or just stand there and for some reason become invincible. This is extremely frustrating as it happens quite a bit. It doesn't make the game not fun, it just makes it harder to progress. In personal experience I finished a match and after I killed the stages boss, most stages have bosses, some don't, and collected gold from Hade's treasury, the game wouldn't progress past the score screen. I decided to go the Xbox dashboard and come back as it often saves progress after crashing somehow, but this time I lost all of my gold and experience. Very, very frustrating. Too end on a positive note the game features an end to each mission in the form of running around a room full of gold pickups to the tune of some delightfully peaceful music. It's literally a fantastic way to end the mission as after finishing the intense, not to mention quite loud, labyrinth you get to wonder around a room full of goodies with some very calm, wonderful background music. This is a fantastic game for $10 and I'd certainly suggest it to anyone who just wants to shoot stuff. The various bugs hold it from a better 8 or 9, but otherwise very fun too play. Expand
  6. Apr 21, 2013
    God Mode is one of those games that's all shooting, all of the time. You go in with an optional three other people, run around the stages, fire upon streams of enemies, pocket a bit of gold and XP, and you go back and do the whole thing over again. Again and again. A lot. It's fun enough, but some pretty serious glitches hold it back... full review at http://www.bloodwcinnamon.com/rev/godmode.html
  7. Apr 27, 2013
    You're the descendant of a god that was cast out of Olympus, you've now died and have been sent to Hades, which is apparently just hell in a toga. Apparently, your goal is to blast your way out, but aside from an achievement popping when you hit level 24, there's no in game indication that you've actually succeeded.

This game is a good palette cleanser in between bigger titles, it's

This game is a good palette cleanser in between bigger titles, it's perfect if you have 15 minutes to kill while waiting for a friend to come online on Xbox live, but can't be arsed to get up and put a disc in the tray, just to have to put the latest lackluster Cod of Doody installment back in when your best finally comes back from doing the dishes.

It's not a very big game, there are 5 levels and 3 difficulties, 20 something weapons to unlock, some special powers and a few customization options. If you're looking for purpose, I suggest heading to the achievement list because the game itself has no goals.

game play is straight forward: You pick two weapons and start the game, you then blast your way through the level and you're rewarded with gold at the end which can be used to purchase upgrades. There's no regenerating HP or unlimited ammunition which is refreshing. Ammunition, armor and health is scattered around the map, and in the heat of battle it can pose a challenge to actually pick up these upgrades. Blasting spear wielding skeletons with a minigun and shooting harpies with a buzzsaw does have a certain addictive quality to it. On one hand I'm not all that impressed with the game, but I can't help myself to pick up and play it every once in a while when I have some spare time, guess it's just one of those games.

All in all, a fun little

1. Official Xbox Magazine UK
    Jun 28, 2013
    Gloriously shallow co-op shooting. [July 2013, p.79]
  2. Jun 12, 2013
    It is rather hard to recommend God Mode. Even though it has competent mechanics, flat out there isn’t enough content to see you playing for more than a couple of hours, especially when there are full retail games out there with similar game modes bundled in as well as with full campaigns and full multiplayer offerings for the same, or lower, price.
  3. Games Master UK