• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Oct 14, 2008
5.9

1. Apr 6, 2012
    Much to my surprise, I found this game to be pretty fun. While absolutely nothing like the original, it did offer a lot of fan service and ingenuity that I wasn't expecting. It's definitely rough around the edges, but its cheap enough now that you should be able to get your $10 worth no problem.
  2. Nov 28, 2013
    This game makes a mockery of the original golden axe arcade classic, whilst it has features adapted to a modern game which are meant to draw you back to the good old days with that beautiful chuckle of nostalgia they are few and far between and were executed with so much more style and entertainment 25 years ago when golden axe graced lives. Game was utterly dismal I gave it a 1 for the hour of entertainment I got out of it. Expand
  3. Sep 5, 2013
    If you find this game cheap, it's worth giving it a shot. Once you get used to the combat, it can be pretty fun. You also get to ride on a couple monsters, which makes the combat better. The graphics, the camera and the music are pretty good. The two big problems are the lack of online play and the game is also very repetitive.

1. Golden Axe: Beast Rider confuses the tribute to retro with the flat and boring gameplay. The new game of SEGA is mediocre in every aspect, and comes as a failure in its attempt to recover a legendary name and turn it into a worthy product of Next-Gen platforms.
    Fans hoping for a worthwhile update to one of gaming's most revered hack-and-slash franchises will be sorely disappointed by this poorly designed and utterly mediocre title.
  3. We expect a few things from a modern arcade-style brawler: reasonably placed checkpoints, more than one playable character, varied enemies, and multiplayer. Golden Axe: Beast Rider, Sega’s reinvention of the arcade classic, delivers none of them. Perhaps the worst oversight of the bunch is the lack of multiplayer options.