8.0

1. AAACE5
    Feb 18, 2009
    At first, I didn't like this DLC. But after playing it a while, I can agree that it was well done for what it is. I was against the typical moto-club atmosphere, but you get past that after a short while. I won't waste too much time BS'in, if you liked the regular game, this is an extention to it, with the emphesis put more on motorcycles. Not as good as the original, but At first, I didn't like this DLC. But after playing it a while, I can agree that it was well done for what it is. I was against the typical moto-club atmosphere, but you get past that after a short while. I won't waste too much time BS'in, if you liked the regular game, this is an extention to it, with the emphesis put more on motorcycles. Not as good as the original, but more than you get from some other downloads close to this price. Collapse
  2. GeorgeD.
    Feb 21, 2009
    The characters are hard to like, and the additional new weapons don't really add anything much to the mix. Add to that convoluted and poorly implemented game mechanics and it can really ratchet down the enjoyment factor. The difficulty has peaks and spike that also greatly diminishes the fun to be had in this fairly overpriced mini expansion.
  3. Apr 27, 2011
    10/10 = Masterpiece = This is DLC?? I could've sworn it was a new GTA game and a masterful one at that.
  4. Bill
    Jan 3, 2010
    Worth it based on the fact that the game lasts roughly 7 hours for only $20 with new online modes when another expansion (Halo:ODST) lasted roughly 4 hours and retailed for $60 with no new online except the horde-like firefight.
  5. Jul 18, 2012
    Liked the new bike mechanics .... voice acting did great job .. story sucks but dialogues are great .... Dunno why i feel that AI of gang members are stupid or weak ..... not as great as GTA 4 .. but good DLC
  6. RayderS.
    Very poor.. overhyped.. after playing I'm disappointed.. 20bucks lost
  7. Nov 25, 2010
    This isn't a bad add-on, but I really didn't get that much out of it. The story was there, but it was fast to beat and I really didn't have much attachment to the characters. I kind of just played through it and thought "hm" and just moved on with my life. Nothing special here.
  8. Feb 9, 2013
    GTA: TLAD is the most disapointing thing ever. Now just like IV the characters are the same the story makes no sense at all, when you heard that a new GTA is coming out you were thinking "How bad can it be, it can't be worse than IV, I mean you play as a biker and do everything you did in IV". Yeah until you played the game and it blew you're mind, no Im serious you went straight to theGTA: TLAD is the most disapointing thing ever. Now just like IV the characters are the same the story makes no sense at all, when you heard that a new GTA is coming out you were thinking "How bad can it be, it can't be worse than IV, I mean you play as a biker and do everything you did in IV". Yeah until you played the game and it blew you're mind, no Im serious you went straight to the guy who sold you the game to get you're money back and an extra few hours that you wasted. TLAD is in fact worse than IV but its not the worst in the series, like Yoda once said "There is another". 2/10 Expand
  9. AlexH
    Mar 25, 2009
    Not only is Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and Damned somewhat of a bore, but after playing this game for a while, you may ask yourself, when will this (now) dull franchise ever end?
  10. ShaneP
    Jun 1, 2009
    The new missions are pretty dull and it didn't feel like they'd put any effort into providing you with any variety. While the standard game really kept me playing this didn't really grab me. The new grainy filter doesn't really work for me and i personally think it makes the game look awful. Might be worth if it you're a big fan, or if you play the multiplayer mode a lot.
  11. Aug 17, 2010
    Though it ties to the most epic game in the series of GTA it wasn't what i expected out of it. it should have been longer. I didn't really like the ending either. the story for what it was, was pretty good.
  12. RafaelD.
    Feb 18, 2009
    The greatest DLC ever launched 20 bucks you get a new game.
  13. BrianS.
    Feb 18, 2009
    For the price, you can't go wrong with this download. $20 nets you around 10 hours of play time, not including all of the extra things you can do in the city. You have 50 seagulls to kill, along with a bunch of other side missions. The acting is excellent, as usual, and the controls of the bikes have been improved a lot. If you're looking to relight the fire in your GTA:IV For the price, you can't go wrong with this download. $20 nets you around 10 hours of play time, not including all of the extra things you can do in the city. You have 50 seagulls to kill, along with a bunch of other side missions. The acting is excellent, as usual, and the controls of the bikes have been improved a lot. If you're looking to relight the fire in your GTA:IV relationship, this might be what you're looking for. Expand
  14. ThomasL.
    Feb 19, 2009
    Absolutley fantastic. Well worth the money.
  15. EddyB.
    Mar 4, 2009
    GTAIV: TLAD is well worth the 20 dollars. I thought the story was cool for most of it, especially how they tie Johnny to Niko. However, i was waiting for something REALLY BIG at the end, but I was extremely disappointed with the ending. I also wish it was longer, but then again, it's only 20 dollars.
  16. liamz
    May 1, 2009
    TLAD. Good add-on, but expected a lot more. The new player, missions, vehicles and weapons is awesome. But the safe houses are crap. the length of the main missions is rubbish. i had it completed in a day. You cant change your clothes and have lost the clothes shops. Had I played it before i got it, i wouldnt hav forked out 15 quid for it. hopefully the next is better.
  17. BenJ.
    Feb 18, 2009
    Concerned that some of these negative reviews don't actually cite anything to do with the game. Strikes me that nobody who wasn't already a fan of GTA IV would unknowingly download this, and if you enjoyed that game, this adds a myriad of riches to an already masterful game. Storytelling is fantastic, with the plot cleverly weaved around the main game Pulp Fiction-style. Concerned that some of these negative reviews don't actually cite anything to do with the game. Strikes me that nobody who wasn't already a fan of GTA IV would unknowingly download this, and if you enjoyed that game, this adds a myriad of riches to an already masterful game. Storytelling is fantastic, with the plot cleverly weaved around the main game Pulp Fiction-style. Multiplayer adds many more options to an already great package, and the new vehicles, music, tv, internet and weapons add colour. Of course, I wouldn't want to suggest Metacritic may be falling victim to jaelous PS3 fanboy gerrymanders or anything like that... but I can't see how anyone could give this less than a 7. The ONLY negative points to this game are price and (to a lesser extent) same ol' mission structure. Then again, Tetris has the "same ol' mission structure and I'll still happily play that! Expand
  18. b3t3l
    Feb 18, 2009
    After a couple of hours play i can tell you it's pretty much an entire new game, if you didn't like gta4 then you probably won't like this. for gta fans it's manna from heaven. my tip ... ignore the user score for any high profile game on 360 or ps3, some people have nothing better to do.
  19. Cheezburgerz
    Feb 18, 2009
    Greatest add-on on xbox live.
  20. GorfX.
    Feb 19, 2009
    Great new characters, lots of bikes, better bike handling, more weapons, biker combat, it's mint!!
  21. B.N.
    Feb 20, 2009
    Awesome value for the quality and quantity of content. it's not just another multiplayer map-pack like some other AAA titles. rockstar continues to deliver to their fans.
  22. SanzeeBoy
    Mar 14, 2009
    To put it simple, The Lost and The Damned is awesome. As an expansion pack, it maintains that GTA-feel, glorifying not only its parent-game, but the entire series itself. The game's length, new features, and added side missions make this title worth well more than twenty dollars. As a stand-alone game... well, the fact that it actually felt like a stand-alone game is absolutely To put it simple, The Lost and The Damned is awesome. As an expansion pack, it maintains that GTA-feel, glorifying not only its parent-game, but the entire series itself. The game's length, new features, and added side missions make this title worth well more than twenty dollars. As a stand-alone game... well, the fact that it actually felt like a stand-alone game is absolutely incredible. The story, gameplay, and overall experience was... like a stand-alone game! But slightly shorter than most. So if it's so incredible, why did I give it a 9? It's the greatest expansion pack known to man... but as a stand-alone game, it's just "great". It's on the line between expansion and stand-alone, but closer to stand-alone. I had to be fair and judge it as both. One score as expansion, one score as stand-alone. 9 is the answer. Now play this game! Expand
  23. Nick
    Mar 29, 2009
    I liked this a lot; I really felt like I got my money's worth. Though at the same time, I felt like it was just more of the same, but I was more than happy with it. It has been one of the best add-on's that I've gotten since I've had my 360 that hasn't later turned out to be free (i.e., like the halo map packs.
  24. EricH
    Jun 3, 2009
    Best thing about TLAD? The cell phone isn't ringing off the hook with Roman wanting to go bowling while I'm in the middle of a firefight.
  25. CiaranG
    Aug 20, 2009
    An absolute blast. Lot's of fun, lots of action. Great missions and good storyline. It's lengthy enough, especially when you include the side-missions, which are good too. The Lost and the Damned moves on from the often boring and monotonous missions in the main game and your biker mates don't harass you by phoning you all the time like they did in the main game.
  26. AlexTessler
    Feb 17, 2009
    For the price, it's excellent. It's basically like an entirely new game for only $20 bucks. Excellent DLC.
  27. InvaderPhlegm
    Feb 17, 2009
    Fans of the series or fan of the genre, are going to love this package - plain and simple. I've been playing it for several hours now, and the numerous improvements they have made to this package;' everything from the superior handling of bikes, the new weapon arsenal, the grittier new look to the graphics, the new sound track, the new Road Rash inspired online modes, or even Fans of the series or fan of the genre, are going to love this package - plain and simple. I've been playing it for several hours now, and the numerous improvements they have made to this package;' everything from the superior handling of bikes, the new weapon arsenal, the grittier new look to the graphics, the new sound track, the new Road Rash inspired online modes, or even just sitting back watching new sketches at the comedy club or a new episode of Republican Space Rangers on the TV; it's all good and it's all a marked improvement over the original. The more I play this, the more I am saddened that eventually it will come to an end. But I guess with at least one more downloadable chapter coming later this year, if they apply the same level of detail and care to it, then it is not so bad when this one finally comes to an end - I'll still have plenty more GTA to look forward in a few months. If you are not a fan, then do not bother. But if you love GTA and you love the open world, sandbox genre of videogames in general, then it really does not get better than this, and you owe it to yourself to pay the measly $20 for this package. This is how DLC should be done, and with luck the future of videogames, not just from Rockstar, but from all game developers, will feature DLC on this level of innovation and love for the customer who purchased the original game. This package is the new gold standard for DLC, is simply how things should always be, and should be considered by every other developer/publisher out there, the base model for how DLC should be handled. Definitely, the best $20 you are likely to have spent on videogames in years. Expand
  28. JuhB.
    Feb 18, 2009
    A work of art, endlessly expanding upon the original installment. With a revamped arsenal, updated content (think cabaret and comedy club) and a brand new cast who all are equally as engrossing as the original niko bellic. This is a steal at 20$ and you'd have to be crazy not to pick this one up.
  29. SimonH.
    Feb 18, 2009
    Superb production values, solid missions, rebalanced bike physics and bike racing with baseball bats. Brilliant fun and a bargain at 1600 points. There are places where this outshines the main game.
  30. JW
    Feb 18, 2009
    The DLC rocks so far. The cut scenes are a riot and are worth watching. The bikes are sweet and are a bit easier to ride. Apparently there aren't any helis in free mode. (bummer) The grainy screen is taking time to get used to, but in some instances it makes the game look like a low down and dirty biker movie, which is cool. Rockstar will completely miss the boat tho if they do not The DLC rocks so far. The cut scenes are a riot and are worth watching. The bikes are sweet and are a bit easier to ride. Apparently there aren't any helis in free mode. (bummer) The grainy screen is taking time to get used to, but in some instances it makes the game look like a low down and dirty biker movie, which is cool. Rockstar will completely miss the boat tho if they do not introduce serious war machines with future DLCs (heli with rockets and or door-mounted gatlin gun, military humvee with top mounted gatlin gun, etc.) All in all, I want to call in sick and play L&D all day! Expand
  31. Chuck
    Feb 18, 2009
    Better than the main storyline, I really enjoyed playing through with a crazy as shit biker gang breaking into everything from safe houses to prisons, holy balls this game is fun and completely worth the $20
  32. TerryPhillips
    Feb 25, 2009
    No downloading game, let alone downloadable content for a retail game has ever come close to this level of conent. 10-12 hours of new story, new radio channels, songs, multiplayer mode...etc... If you like GTA4, you will love this... Ignore the lower "user" score, it's mostly fanboys from other consoles trying to pee in the cheerios.
  33. ReykjavikIceland
    May 7, 2009
    I felt this was nice expansion. The game didn't need it, but it got it, and I was impressed. It was about 6 hours long, the story was nice and fun, the bikes are pretty much all the same, and the new weapons were freakin terrific. The automatic shotgun? Adding that to anything would make it golden. Can't wait for the next expansion. Rockstar always delivers.
  34. DillH
    Sep 4, 2009
    I finished the story in about 6 and a half hours, to be honest i think some missions are fun, some are incredibly boring, the new weapons are good. But the reason this got a 6 is because it really isnt very fun.
  35. [anonymous]
    Nov 1, 2009
    If you thought GTA4 needed to be a couple ten hours longer, this one's for you. There are a few new stuff like bike races and calling in friends for back up but other than the story, missions, and songs, it's more of the same, except for the new grain filter which makes it even darker at night time if you could believe that. Also the cell phone which was present in GTA4 is still If you thought GTA4 needed to be a couple ten hours longer, this one's for you. There are a few new stuff like bike races and calling in friends for back up but other than the story, missions, and songs, it's more of the same, except for the new grain filter which makes it even darker at night time if you could believe that. Also the cell phone which was present in GTA4 is still there, and it's about time I realized that, realistic as it is, it makes life a lot more difficult. If the dozens of car crashes we hear abbout on the news don't prove it, this game will confirm that TEXTING BEHIND THE WHEEL GETS YOU CRASHING!! Speaking of driving, Johnny (the mc) doesn't fall off of bicicles as easily as Niko does. Also, they thankfully took out the friends system, which bugged me about GTA4. Lastly, this game lacks achievements and trophies. I know that I said it's more of the same, which is true, but why can't I unlock achievements for GTA4 when playing this? There aren't even any unique ones for online. Considering this game is $20, and $40 behind Gay Tony, this is definatly worth way more than what it's charging! I'd check it out if you liked GTA4. One more thing: this game is very difficult! Expand
  36. TheUnknownStranger
    Oct 29, 2009
    The gameplay was improved and cleaned up. If you got the disc it fixes the framerate problem that the original GTA IV had. If you downloaded it from XBL you would still had to play it off GTA IV disc. The story good and so is the voice acting. It is truly worthy for you to get.
  37. JohnL.
    Feb 18, 2009
    The Lost and Damned is easily the best DLC expansion of all time. There is so much content that it peaked the file size limit that is permitted for DLC on Xbox LIVE. This episode will give you more gameplay and content than most full games will. The Lost and Damned adds the following to GTA IV: - 15 hours of new storyline missions that intersect with Niko's story in interesting ways The Lost and Damned is easily the best DLC expansion of all time. There is so much content that it peaked the file size limit that is permitted for DLC on Xbox LIVE. This episode will give you more gameplay and content than most full games will. The Lost and Damned adds the following to GTA IV: - 15 hours of new storyline missions that intersect with Niko's story in interesting ways that are sure to please fans - Over 20 new vehicles, including tons of new motorcycles - Improved motorcycle handling and physics - New weapons, including a grenade launcher and auto shotgun - Over 50 new tracks on the radio in addition to new radio DJs - 6 new multiplayer modes - Bike races with the ability to knock other riders off their bikes with a baseball bat - Gang wars - New mini games, including air hockey and arm wrestling - 50 seagulls to find and kill, in place of the pigeons from the original game - New buildings and interiors to enter, including the Lost clubhouse - A new filter that makes the city look more gritty and fits with the theme of the game - New achievements The presentation is amazing. The game feels, and has obviously been treated, as a brand new gam rather than an expansion. The voice acting and cutscenes are top notch as usual, possibly even better than in the main GTA IV game. The Lost and Damned has more content than probably any other game coming out this February, and it is easily the best release this month. Getting 100% in The Lost and Damned could take upwards of 25 to 35 hours. And then there is the multiplayer. This episode is worth every penny! Expand
  38. SamF.
    Feb 18, 2009
    For $20 its alot of content. new weapons, bikes, bike physics, story . They could have put all the improved physics in the original to. and added some areas.
  39. StevenJ.
    Feb 23, 2009
    I really liked this game add on. It really is more emotional than some of the professional reviewers said it was. I found it riveting and it's many quests and extra games added to the overall GTA experience. The carrying over of the new weapons and the fact that the story is just a little worse than the Niko story makes this, in my mind, a nine. Amazing and worth a look for any GTA fan.
  40. Dec 9, 2012
    Almost like a brand new game, but shorter. It seems like Rockstar never runs out of fuel when creating new settings, new characters and plots. The story holds up perfectly, even when blending into the story line of GTA4 and The Ballad of Gay Tony.
  41. Oct 31, 2012
    Great expansion pack to an already fantastic game. The use of intertwining roles was awesome, as well as giving the player a new look on the main games events. Low replay value but still worth the money and time.
  42. Mar 12, 2014
    This game is really fun. There are new weapons, and there's a new story line. Its amazing. This game should have been a ballad, because it is like a ballad. Always sad. My opinion, this game is amazing and deserves better.
  43. Mar 8, 2014
    The start of this game is not good, however towards the end it becomes great. A slight problem is the lack of missions. There are not a lot of missions, so the game's story doesn't last as long as Gay Tony or IV.
  44. Mar 24, 2014
    THE BEST DLC EVER MADE...better than tbogt and even better than the original game....this dlc is more fun than gta iv or tlad..the missions are cool and the side missions (gang wars) are AWESOM...honestly i wished that TLAD was the main game and the Niko part was a DLC
  45. Sep 12, 2014
    I know GTA IV:TLAD was a DLC but it was sort of boring. The only thing I really enjoyed were th last 3 missions. Johnny Klebeitz making off with the cash, when he was doing the deal with Niko, then having to fght a bunch a thugs for stealing the cash, then breaking into the Alderny sate correctional facilty to kill Billy. But other than that I can it.
  46. Nov 23, 2014
    What I love about the GTA 4 DLC's is being able to look at missions at a different point of view. Lost and Damned featured a story about The Lost, a biker gang that later in the game split into two sides, those who support Johnny and those who support Billy. It delves deeply into the relationships between each person.
    Instead of starting at the bottom and working your way up like in every
    Instead of starting at the bottom and working your way up like in every other GTA games you're already the Vice President of The Lost. My favorite mission was the last one when you fought your way through the Alderney State Correction Facility and executed Billy/
    But the game did seem kind of short and their weren't too many improvements from GTA IV like graphics but I still enjoyed playing.
  47. Jul 14, 2015
    One of the best story in the series. As you progress, you find out that the story is more complex than you thought. The characters are fun, but it takes a while to get used to them.
  48. Nov 5, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Concerned that some of these negative reviews don't actually cite anything to do with the game. Strikes me that nobody who wasn't already a fan of GTA IV would unknowingly download this, and if you enjoyed that game, this adds a myriad of riches to an already masterful game. Storytelling is fantastic, with the plot cleverly weaved around the main game Pulp Fiction-style. Multiplayer adds many more options to an already great package, and the new vehicles, music, tv, internet and weapons add colour. Of course, I wouldn't want to suggest Metacritic may be falling victim to jaelous PS3 fanboy gerrymanders or anything like that... but I can't see how anyone could give this less than a 7. The ONLY negative points to this game are price and (to a lesser extent) same ol' mission structure. Then again, Tetris has the "same ol' mission structure and I'll still happily play that! Expand
  49. Jul 25, 2016
    This is GTA 4, with some nice new additions.
    The gameplay is quite fun, but not much of a change. There are some awesome new things to do, such as play pool, and card, and bike races.
    The graphics are just like GTA 4's.
    The story is mediocre. Lame characters but it's pretty sad and depressing like GTA 4's pretty nice.

It's without a doubt one of the best downloadable game expansions ever made, and a truly worthy addition to one of (if not the) defining title of this generation to date.
    This is how DLC’s got to be. Over 20 new missions, new characters, new weapons and save points during missions (finally!) make this an extraordinary add on for an extraordinary game. Sadly it’s exclusive for 360.
  3. Live to ride, ride to live. Lost & Damned is finally out with a bunch of new goodies that'll take the DLCs to a new level compared to what we've seen so far on this generation of consoles. Johny Klebitz is a very interesting character that resembles the style of Niko Bellic --not much talking but definitely a lot of action in a complete and fully new GTA experience. New multiplayer modes, weapons, primary and secondary missions and hours of joy in a new benchmark for the DLC.