5.6

1. Oct 3, 2013
    Disgusting, the complete opposite of single player, a fancy lobby for minigames interwoven with a grind for money farm fest. Not to mention the minigames are so bad. You replay missions to grind for money, races and deathmatches, 16 players in a map so big, the free roam is pathetic. This is not even mentioning the servers were a disgrace, even though they release it 2 weeks after launch to avoid the bad reviews. Billion dollar game huh? Can't even get the concept for a good online game right, but you nailed single player which i loved. Shame really. The people who came up with the online design should not be considered for the next GTA. Good job on milking those stupid enough to buy money with real money. Expand
  2. Oct 21, 2013
    A good idea spoiled by terrible execution. The bad sport mechanic ruins a lot of the potential fun in this game, and the bugs and ridiculous level do as well.
  3. Nov 8, 2013
    Grindfest that could, and should have been a whole lot better. The wasted potential here is staggering.

Added to that the lack of people connecting to pretty much anything you try to start from the map kills the online entirely. One can only imagine how many more features or how earlier released GTAV could have been if rockstar hadn't wasted their time on this POS.

Rockstars
    previously unimpeachable reputation has taken a huge blow with this, I was genuinely excited for GTA Online in the run-up to release but it has proven to be a damp squib. Expand
  4. Oct 23, 2013
    Masses amount of problems from start to finish, even now I still have problems. Bad community of online players as well. Very disappointing, expected more from a company like Rockstar.
  5. Jul 10, 2014
    This is a complete disappointment and a big f--k you from Rockstar to all its players. This is everything I don't want in a multiplayer game, in a multiplayer game.
    Problems with GTA online:
    1: Grand theft auto IV had more hackers and modders then you could care to count in the lobbies. Well Guess what? They return! There is no shortage of hackers at level 1000 with invincibility and
    billions of dollars running around. And the hackers give out money making Rockstars Microtransactions Worthless. It complete kills the atmosphere of the game.But even that is not the biggest problem with this game.
    2: RDM (Random Death Match)
    Yes you can kill people and it can be fun, but it gets dull almost instantly. Every time you try doing something in freemode, Someone comes up and murders you, blows up your car, sets a bounty on you, Sends mercenaries to kill you, Calls a mugger to steal your cash. And its even worse when they Come up in a Tank and start killing you on spawn. Yes there is a "passive mode". But passive mode is complete GARBAGE. You can be run-over and killed, If your driving a car in passive mode you can still be shot to death, and the police can still shoot and kill you. This is one of the main reasons I play in Invite only sessions.
    3. Police are Merciless, and RELENTLESS.
    It seems any time you try doing anything, the Police come after you. They are completely reckless, annoying, and a complete disaster. I have noticed the Police CHEAT in game, both in storymode and Online. Here is a list of what I have seen them do:
    - Police Cruisers get a random speed boost and ram into you hard.
    - Police Cruisers can keep up with your sports car at high rates of speed, Indicating they have speed hacks. You can test this if you do not believe me by getting in a police cruiser and getting in a chase, Although your driving the same car, They are faster and ram into you hard causing you to spin out.
    - Police spawn right on top of you while in a chase. Countless times I have seen police cruisers spawn a few meters ahead of me. Its unneccesary and takes away any fun in being chased by the police.
    - Police Magnetically go to your exact location. Even in a fighter jet Police helicopters follow you even though they have no idea where you are.
    - Police can randomly gain sight of you even though they have no visual contact on you. Again, This can be proven by going underground with police helicopters chasing you.
    - Police chase you while fighting other players. This is the main reason why I hate online. Having a gun fight with other players in freemode? So are the Police. I guarentee the Police will kill you more then players while trying to have a fight. They also chase you over minute things.
    Rockstar should have done what they did in GTA IV and made lobbies with, or without the police. But of course we all know that would mean more work and for Big ass greedy companies they would rather play the game of "How long can we keep the mice going while giving them the least amount of cheese possible?"
    4: Matchmaking is Complete Garbage.
    Particularly the Quick job crap. The jobs are already a boring grind fest that produce little money, But the Match making MURDERS it. Select a Mission, And the Matchmaking gives you: Last team standing games, Capture mode games, and Top fun Games. I want to do a mission, not a PVP game mode. 75% of the time you end up getting a mode you didn't select. And the Voting screen also, is complete Garbage. If I finished a Mission, Why of 6 choices do I get Parachuting, Deathmatches, Races, and No missions? Yes missions may show up, But not frequently enough. Its completely broken, And it is complete unnecessary.
    I can go on ALL day about what makes GTA online not worth a Cent. If you enjoy a Linear grindfest Garbage dump filled with hackers, Broken menu's, Crappy lobbies, Crappy players, Reduced amount of vehicles, Hackers, Crappy Rockstar Ticket services, And issues carried over from Single player you will feel Right at home. For everyone Else GTA Online is not worth your time. I have played GTA online from October 1st to Now and it has not improved vastly, and continues to disappoint. I am a level 123 with a 2.59 KDR before the fanboy defenders call me a "noob". Please avoid Online at ALL costs and stick to single player, Or play a different game that doesn't screw over its players.

**Update July 10 2014**
    Often games improve over time, As updates roll in, and bugs get fixed. However there are always exceptions, And GTA online is one of them. They infact, have managed to make all my previous complaints worse.
    #1 DLC.
    Oh how nice free content!.... oh all the DLC content is at a unreasonable price. oh new cars! oops, nevermind they are all overpriced.
    #2 Earning money
    I said this in december "The jobs are already a boring grind fest that produce little money" And they made it even HARDER to earn money. You don't profit on 90% of jobs anymore. "Freedom of GTA 5, online!" my ass.
    Do. Not. Play. GTA Online.
  6. May 10, 2014
    FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!!1!1!111!11!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  7. Oct 29, 2013
    so many glitches and doesn't run well. the game is just a series of minigames with a lot of waiting in between. hard to enjoy a game like that, including all the people who just run around and kill you. the auto aim makes no skill required to play, and other people will just snap to you and kill you. also don't expect your character to be there when you log in again.
  8. May 20, 2014
    Some of the worst multiplayer I have EVER seen. They removed everything that was fun about the singleplayer and replaced it with godawful activities that are devoid of any enjoyment, they expect you to fork over loads of money for cars, planes, garages, and weapons to the point were its not even worth it. The game is called GRAND THEFT AUTO. Not "citizen simulator". That's not even including that the game is completely unfair, people are able to spawnkill you over and over since you spawn in the same spot all the time, they can snipe you half way across the map, and you lose ammo every time you die so you can be completely out of ammo and people will spawnkill you again, and again, and again. And if you fight against someone with a higher rank you have no chance in hell of EVER killing them since they can easily kill you in one hit with no skill required. You can't steal other peoples vehicles because of course why would you except that from a game called grand theft auto? This game has the worst multiplayer I have ever seen, devoid of any enjoyment and expects you to play its **** TDM activities for 12 hours to buy 1 gun. Expand
  9. Oct 23, 2013
    This is my scoring and this is why. First I was able to understand the issues on launch. Almost every major game has them. So I waited. Three weeks after launch I fired it up and decided to try it out. While the single player was nearly free of major bugs the online portion is almost an unplayable mess. The game lobby found me a game and kicked me. This didn't happen a few times either. For my first hour this was the only thing that happened. I decided that I would give solo a try. It seemed to work for about 3 minutes until I got stuck at the first race. Booted back to single player I tried again. This time I managed to finish it. I got to the "Last Man Standing" mission and it found me 7 other players. and timed out. Not once or twice but it did this for 2 hours straight rendering the game basically unplayable. It was not an internet issue but a Rockstar server issue. I absolutely loved the single player portion of this game. But seeing as this review is for the "Online" game I can't justify giving this game a good review. With a game that's riddled with greedy micro transactions, horrible online support and game killing server issues Grand Theft Auto Online is anything but a functioning title. Expand
  10. Oct 24, 2013
    this is why this is bad, the singleplayer for Grand Theft Auto V was perfect, however the multiplayer was off par... i wanted to just free roam with my friends.... i didnt want you to turn this into a mmorpg, and all people do is Random Death Match you, its so annoying.... multiplayer doesnt need a story to be perfect... what made grand theft auto grand theft auto, is that you can do essentially whatever the you want... GTA Online has taken away your ability to do this with friends... well at least without a whole posse of morons blowing up your car for and giggles... Expand
  11. Dec 24, 2013
    I could go on forever about how this was not all it was cracked up to be.

But in short, it was a terrible disappointment and I'm OK with giving it a miss.
  12. May 27, 2014
    Just awful. The game is full of microtransactions, long loading times, bugs, etc. Everything costs more than double the price of it's single player counterpart, and it takes forever to get a decent amount of money. The only way to get a lot of money is to either buy the stupid microtransactions or keep farming the same mission over and over again. You can't even go out and screw around because if you die or something you lose most of your money, which is not something you want to do. The missions are repetitive, the game modes that there are are boring, and the amount of money things cost is horrible. I feel like Rockstar was trying to do some sort of roleplaying game, but failed misserably. Expand
  13. Jul 7, 2014
    Very disapointed by the improvements of online. It's almost a year old now, and alot of things are still missing. Heist, and alot of bugs and connection problems has to be fixed. The basic of the game is very good, But the technical part is ****

1. Nov 27, 2013
    Diverse, chaotic, and loads of fun, especially with a group of friends. [Christmas 2013, p.84]
  2. Nov 1, 2013
    It’s been a tough start, but this is the way to go. If they keep polishing the experience and adding content, Los Santos is going to be our home for a long time.
  3. Oct 26, 2013
    The great number of diverse things to do in the game is its strongest asset.