8.1

1. Sep 20, 2013
    gta as everyone knows is brought to you from the developers of red dead and la noire. primarily set around 4 characters out to score big in the fictional city that is las santos through unnecessary violence and far to much use of the n***er and moth*****ker words, that me personally finds it a cheap way from the developers to get a reaction. The characters represent everything i hate in a person, I know the gta series has been known for elements of grand theft auto (obviously) violence, prostitution, drugs trust me i know i have been playing them off and on from the very first one, but with gta5 everything feels cheap, forced and unnecessary. I found it impossible to fall in love with the main characters and therefore didn't feel any attachment to them and thus didn't truly devote to them as characters. the car handling mechanics all feel the same from one van to the next one, and from one bike to the next also. the god awful car shooting mechanics where the aim is also the trigger button, and with that you have to carefully estimate where the reticule would be. the cover button is poorly exacuted as well and aims throughs doors when your stuck to a frame, plus the reticule is a pathetic dot for every none scoped gun, even a shotgun which makes no sense because shotguns have a greater spread with them. the mission status only shows up after you complete a mission, and on many occasions i have said to myself i would of done that if i'd a known, but you can replay misisons to get better scores which i think is another cheap unimaginative way to invoke replay value. i lke the camera to be very sensitive and the aiming reticle to be quite low, but you can't do that in this game, only change the overall senstivity for both analog sticks. the city is huge though and does ever so deservedly boast that, but you can barely go inside anywhere most doors i went up to denied me access, and the activities like for example tennis, shooting range, yoga, are superficial and once you have tried it, there is no compelling fun element to go back. plus in my own personal opinion everything feels rushed and monotonous. I find it quite frustrating that everytime i do a mission or enter a cutscene my characters clothes change, and you are limited on personal customization, and the skill levelling is awful i would rather not level up at all and all my characters have thier own personal skills, because you can level up every skill with every character there is no individualism and therefore everyone of your four main characters loses their unique touch and aspects. The flying aspect within the game is terrible as well, feels to sensitive and sucks at all the fun of it. im just glad i can sell it to a mate for £40.00 and thus only losing out on a fiver. Expand
  2. Sep 24, 2013
    Very dumbed down car handling. It is pathetic and I bet that was made for all that casual players that dont know nothing about real world physics etc. So that kids can have fun in stupid games but when they grow up they are making car accidents because they have no idea about real car handling. Pathetic game because of what they did to car physics. And that funny ability to rock car back on wheels hahaha another feature for dumb kids. GTA is so childish that it hurts. I will not buy that game. I only hope that good moders will fix that pathetic childish car handling on PC version. Also add speedometer, fuel usage and stuff that will make this game more real so it will not look so much dumbed down. Expand
  3. Sep 20, 2013
    I loved every old Rockstar game and GTA game up to and including San Andreas but hated GTA 4, (Red Dead Redemption was o.k.). I love arcade mode State of Emergency. Judging by this I suspect they never will make another classic. It's better than GTA4 (not hard) but it looks tired compared to recent games. The graphics suck bad. Really bad, but graphics aren't everything...but they suck. The controls are awful. I don't know why people keep saying they are so good. Play Crysis 3 and tell me the controls are anything like as good. Its awkward to swap weapon and the menus screens are clunky. The characters are tired and hackneyed and whilst I can take a bit of that I'm bored of the rockstar cliches. Good bits, well its a lovely big open world with well all the cool normal GTA stuff in that you like. Choice of guns vehicles and now the welcome 'character' abilities are a positive step. I like the way you can flit between characters for heists. It adds another much needed dimension. Radio shows are still funny with some truly awesome tunes. All the hype is a bit much though for what it is. Its o.k., maybe even as good as san andreas was at the time but with graphics and better competition from other great games. I have gone straight back to playing 'The last of us' and 'Fallout 3'. Buy if you would accept more or less anything from rockstar but if you want real deep innovation you will be disappointed. Expand
  4. Sep 26, 2013
    Poor framerate, poor graphics. Shouldnt have been released for this gen consoles. I would have loved to see this on my PC instead. It could have been so beautiful, but instead they sold out.
  5. Oct 10, 2013
    To start off, I'll review this game in one word: shallow. The word rings true while calling to mind any and all facets of the game. A story that masquerades as compelling until it is quickly forced to open up and reveal its hollow interior, gameplay stuck on seemingly perpetual repeat, and dozens of elements that were clearly thrown in only for purposes of making the game look more expansive than it really is. I suppose some of my irritation comes not only from the game but from the way it was marketed. Biggest map ever? Only if you include the miles of sand and rocks that make up the game's underwater sections. Intense interactive heist missions? Only one can truly fit that description, while the others only do the bare minimum required to somewhat pass off as such. The world is no doubt impressive, but ultimately comprised of too much filler and wasted opportunity. So much of the world is incredibly detailed but ultimately useless and boring, and every time you come across an area that has the potential to defy that pattern, Rockstar has decided to neglect it (presumably to release it in a dlc pack later on). Really? The racetrack and CASINO (among other locales) are useless shells while i can go into a 7-11 and look at low-res cereal boxes? Sure, I can hold up the 7-11 for a comically small amount of money, which is nice considering the other 90% of stores you can't hold up, despite the creators frequently flaunting the new robbery mechanic. As far as the other new gimmicky mechanics, no amount of customization can spice up the relentlessly simple gameplay, which seems determined to etch itself into your head through gross repetition. Of course it's not all bad. The writing is often clever and the earlier missions are definitely creative, which stand in stark contrast to the last few missions, which feel more like side missions and hold about the same narrative weight. I also found the game quite funny, while my friend found it about as funny typhus, so I'd imagine his score to be even lower. The soundtrack is extensive and there are some fun side activities, but ultimately nothing that can save this game from the grave it started digging the moment they started marketing. There is just not enough to do once the story mode is completed, and that which there is feels more like a grind than a fun mechanic. You can't tell me navigating a poorly controlled submarine in miles of nothingness for an hour and a half, JUST to get a stupid collectible, is fun. You just cant! So please stop using mundane collectibles as a means to say "There is so much to do in this game omgggg!" There are several other small gripes I have with the game (such as the fact that they showed video of planes spewing toxic pesticides only to cheat us out of that actually fun mechanic) but I won't go into any more, as they come off as nit-picky. -Now, as I near the conclusion of my review, and many of you cry butthurt pc fanboy, let me say that I played this on 360 and am quite familiar with the GTA series. I'm not comparing this to a deep emotional experience like heavy rain, I'm comparing it to what GTA claims to be, and has succeeded at being in previous installments. A satirical sandbox with an entertaining story and mechanics that add to either the mood or enjoyment of the game. What you will find in GTA V is a dull story, shallow side activities and mechanics, and a city which has much more flare than substance. Also before I go i feel obligated to talk about gta's online feature. I don't even know where to begin with GTA Online. It's a glitch ridden mess, which encourages the complete opposite of what makes gta fun. It would've been much more accurate if they called it "Responsible Money Manager 2013 Where You Are Penalized For Committing Grand Theft Auto and Shamelessly Encouraged to Buy GTA Dollars Through the Online Store". Yuck. Online Freemode used to be such a chaotic and fast paced experience, and I couldn't have thought of a better way to ruin it myself. Obviously none of these criticisms are relevant if you can't even get in, or are unlucky enough to have all of your progress deleted, as is the case with thousands of users. Well, I hope this review helped to save you some money. If only I had read a realistic review before I dropped my precious $60. Expand
  6. Sep 17, 2013
    This game is a 10 out of 10 and any of the reviews giving it a 0 are just trolls upset that the game isn't announced for PC yet. I assure you, a PC port is coming. GTA has never not been released on PC. Red Dead Redemption gets brought up a lot but that was made by an entirely different studio. The code was a mess and porting it would have been a nightmare so it never happened. The game IS coming to PC, just a little late to the party.

GTA 5 is a masterpiece in almost every way possible. Every bit of the mechanics, the story, the world, it is exceptional. Rockstar North know how to make open world games, and they knocked this out of the park and it deserves every bit of the praise.
  7. Sep 20, 2013
    The game is fun, but the Xbox 360 version keeps freezing every 10-20 minutes on my Original Xbox 360 (No HDMI version). It is frustrating to have to replay missions over and over and hope it doesn't freeze.
  8. Sep 29, 2013
    I'll cut straight to criticisms.

Camera is still surprisingly slow on maxed out sensitivity. You still have to tap A to sprint or peddle bicycles faster. Left trigger to ADS or lock on for melee which unfortunately is still not as versatile or interesting to witness as Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. You shoot with right trigger and you can't switch it with left trigger without switching
    sticks. Like in GTA IV you tap right shoulder button to cling to walls which while less clunky and more immediate will often slap you against a surface that has an open line of fire from the enemy.

There are a few differences. Crouching is a stealth action. The weapon wheel; engaged by holding the left shoulder button. Not only can you carry every class of weapon in the game but every model and you switch them by picking weapon class with the right stick then scrolling through models with directional buttons. You trigger sticky bombs by tapping left, while selecting weapons in a vehicle is done by pressing X. Needless to say it's convoluted and often even illogical.

Early on you'll notice how much easier the game is in some ways and more difficult in others. In both cases to the detriment of the experience. On foot, eliminating an enemy is a breeze due to far less recoil, lots of aim assist (yes, even in free-aim), and bullet magnetism. This leaves gun fights feeling shallow. To counter this difficulty is amped up by having more enemies per encounter leaving your health bar to erode faster. This holds true even in vehicles with them serving in no appreciable way as armor. You'll need body armor when engaging in a gunfight. I'll go into further detail why that's an issue when I touch on how the game's economy is a problem. Either way, if it's not as fun shooting one enemy as it was in the previous game you're not going to want to shoot even more of them.

Speaking of vehicles. They are a lot easier in every way. Accelerate and reach max speed faster. Decelerate almost instantly in comparison to GTA IV. Even the heaviest class takes turns as sharply as a formula one car. Further, when airborne you can control a vehicles yaw, pitch, and roll like they all come with an elevator, rudder, and aileron. This goes a long way in harming suspension of disbelief. Planes are a different story.

Much more can be said on the subject of cars, though. As if being less distinguishable from each other wasn't enough sports cars are everywhere. In GTA iV you quickly learned the characteristics of most vehicles and gravitated towards certain models, fully appreciating when they pop-up. You completely cherished sports/super cars and saved them for races and more difficult missions. In GTA V it doesn't matter. You can pop into most cars and they'll get the job done. Not only do they handle like go-karts they have their physics as well. Mach trucks will fly sky high at the slightest bump and vans can easily be shifted 45 degrees by kicking.

Physics in general are a step down from GTA IV. Nothing feels like it has weight including dumpsters which now feel like empty cardboard. Crashing is inconsequential. Even the damage model is bungled with the hardest collisions leaving minor scrapes. It's a testament to GTA IV that failing was as fun as succeeding. In GTA V it's hard to fail and it's not that much fun to succeed. Maybe this is by design. It's a big world. You'll need to get from mission to mission. With all that space this was their slipshod solution.

The missions themselves aren't handled much better. The side missions often have some scripted event and interesting character interaction to introduce them. Once that's done you're left with a painfully dull task that outstays it's welcome. Triathlons, Yoga, Towing Vehicles, Golf, Tennis which isn't bad itself but one set requires you to win six games. Against a good opponent this can go on for nearly half an hour. Bowling in GTA IV might not have been particularly engaging but it knew it was there for little else than flesh out a game world and it's characters.

You'll need to do missions for money which there's a scarcity of. I mentioned you'll need body armor but the average mission will pay for about two of those and hospital visits are insanely expensive. You'll need to buy up businesses (vary by character) which will pay too small off an amount weekly. To improve pay you'll need to do missions for these businesses. Some are time sensitive. Factoring in travel time, too sensitive. You will need to make investments. The biggest cash ins are during corporate sabotage missions. If you missed out. You're SOL.

On the subject of messing up, you will and then the cops arrive. They get provoked by as little as jumping face first into a wall never mind hostile actions. Even at one star they aren't easy to shake and one star takes too long to disappear but it can turn into two stars for no apparent reason and things escalate from there.
  9. Sep 20, 2013
    Just like the other GTAs, I got bored of this after messing around using cheats(the best part of the game), seeing the highest points of the game and being disappointed. Driving cars is the best part and that's not executed as well as other games do.
  10. Sep 23, 2013
    The gameplay is fine, the graphics are very good, but the characters and story are a huge turn off. I made it about a third of the way through the story and just stopped playing because I couldn't relate to or enjoy anything that was going on it just is not motivating to play.

The sandbox elements of the game are fine, but there's not enough there to motivate you to keep playing,
    unless you find goofing off for hours and hours entertaining. Me, I find it fun for 10 minutes.

I keep trying GTA games because so many people love them, and I keep being disappointed. I just don't get it. The story isn't any good, the characters aren't relatable at all, and without that, there's no motivation to keep playing more than a few hours. Overhyped and overrated.
  11. Oct 13, 2013
    This is the most overrated game ever! It's poorly designed, with a stupid 3-heroes gameplay and primitive, but damaging role-playing system, Cars in this game are steering so badly, that it's be better if there is was no cars at all! And made race mission at the beginning of the game evil decision,

There is no atmosphere at all and a bunch of overplayed chars. This game is 100% money
    lost for some piece of unplayable crap. Expand
  12. Oct 6, 2013
    The single player is very fun, but it is incomplete. The game encourages you to develop heist characters for a total of 2 more heists. There are no further heists you can organise on your own after you finish the game, in fact aside from buying property there is very little to do once you complete the game. As you don't make much money until the last 15% of the game you are left with a game that forces you to complete the story as fast as possible so you can have some money to modify cars and such. The game sadly feels incomplete.

The most telling sign of incompleteness is GTA Online. This is perhaps the worst ever online release I have ever seen. It should really have been ready with the game but this isn't the issue. Having waited for online to be released it took me 3 days to get online. Once I was finally online there were issues loading missions and with matchmaking. You lose a lot of money when you die to encourage you to use your real money to buy in game money which just ruins the gameplay. This micro-transaction mechanism works with free to play games but when I have already spend £45 on the game I don't expect to be encouraged to spend more.

The most irritating the about GTA Online is that my character, after hours of gameplay, has completely disappeared. In a response Rockstar comment on some of the minor bugs such as missing cars or guns instead of the really big issue of missing characters. Poor release and poor support since. I am sickened by the shambles Rockstar's release of GTAO is.
  13. Oct 11, 2013
    In all honesty, I tried to play this game, and I tried... I tried so hard... and what ended up happening was that I was greeted with multiple segments of "avoid damage and drive safely" which to me is just a big step down. It was Driving Simulator 2014 I swear to god. A game is meant to catch the attention within the first hour. I know that the game can get fun, but all the things that you have to do to lead up to that fun is just not worth it. I'll admit I loved the past few games, but they were fun, it threw you into the action, this is just driving along a road avoiding other cars. Expand
  14. Oct 16, 2013
    Most depressing game I've ever played. I had high hopes for the game after all the hype. The magazines etc must be kidding us! They have obviously just gone along with public opinion with their biased 'best game ever', and 'groundbreaking' reviews. I've seen better graphics, better gameplay, storylines etc elsewhere. This GTA thing has been done to death now...Drive around, shoot someone, steal some money, goto a clothes shop, buy a burger, swim around, use the cheats....Nee naw nee naw, some (as the game puts it) swearing non stop YAAAAWWWWNNNNN....They just promote it to make money ...One big cash in. The game is rubbish!
    Ok so the latest GTA game, number 5... First off, EVERYTHING you do in this game takes AGES. This is very clearly a game for people with no life whatsoever. Installing the game takes ages, you will spend hours trying to be able to save the game because it throws you into one boring mission after another (which entails driving around a massive landscape that all looks the same in a boring car (which all steer the same)). You complete the mission which goes on and on with endless chit chat and a (as the game puts it), saying 'pus£y as£ motha£u£in homeboy hoe' and 'move chor bi$ch as% fatherfu&ker homey' and 'whut id it wit choo (and such things non-stop throughout the game). It will do your head in that much you would rather the main characters got killed instead. Just a bunch of idiot main characters with nothing about them to like. You will murder, steal etc and all the time not give a toss about the person you are playing as...Just pointless. The game is racist, sexist, full of filth, corruption and murder. It's seedy and depressing. It's not a true representation of real life at all. When have you ever heard a rea; 'coloured' guy talk like these idiots they dig out for games and movies? It's like having Samuel Sackson in die hard 3 and an angry coked-up Eggie Murphy shouting in your ear for hours on end... And again it's been done and been done better before. We had all this nonsense in San Andreas with 'CJ'. 'Hey dat man chillin in ma crib homey' stupid talking rubbish. Again; It's impossible to relate to the characters because they are rapists, idiots, thieves and murderers (and worse)...Just scum. The radio drives you off your head and how anyone with an actual real life can play this game I will never know....I mean it's so unnecessarly detailed you can even choose the ringtone on your fake phone in the game or take photos with the phones camera, check texts, messages online etc. It's just too much for a game. Fake girlfriends, fake friends etc etc. Wtf? Get a life folks! The strip club is a joke. I mean if they are going to have all that stuff why not just go the full hog and put in detailed sex etc instead of beating around the bush with a bit of tittie here and there? The game is just a cop out. It can't even do the violence and sex thing right without shi&&ing out. As I said, EVERYTHING takes ages in this game. I went to play it online thinking "I've got an hour to kill (before i went out to live in the real world"...But It went on and on and on with some coloured guy showing me around (another idiot) saying this, that, sh^& hoe bit&hin motha&^ka that for hours again, only to drop me somewhere in the world with more criminal activity to do as I controlled another lowlife (myself this time which i created with the character creation which is also totally rubbish (you pick your granny and grandad and their granny and grandad to get your looks). I played the game for a few hours (which was pretty good going) and after all the drugs, violence and utter boredom I was begging someone to take me into the shops to trade the (sh%t) game in...I couldn't wait! The main characters are cowards too which makes it even more unbearable and when angry go into little girlie hissy fits etc...They reminded me of wanabees on x factor getting told they can't sing and then they go all spotty and teenage and display their little temper tantrums....Just pathetic. I usually buy these games to drive around the virtual world with my steering wheel. On this game the wheel doesnt work (it works with every other car game). Nothing of use actually works in this game. Even the cheats are rubbish. No lock wanted level, nothing. Your forced to just play the dull, sick storyline. Who wants to play a game hearing throughout non-stop some bit$% as£ hoe, complain about their sad life all the way through a game? There are 3 characters in this game...3 whingers that do nothing but complain about their rubbish pathetic lives and see violence and behaving as an idiot as the only way out. They all have mental issues and see phychologists, take drugs, drink etc. Hardly a cheery game and not something I would pollute my mind with. I took this back to the shop the next day, sorry I ever bought it. Everything about this game bored me stupid
  15. Oct 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. GTA 5 sucks balls. Had to restart 4 times because of servers. I will never play the game again. Why also because I had a house cost 120.000 did not save because of sever. Had a sweet car. Then the server went down. Level 32 The game did not save again because of sever. GTA 5 SUCKS BALLS THANK YOU. Expand
  16. Oct 16, 2013
    Doesn't live up to the hype. If you enjoy a game that is absolute trash, then heck this game should be a 10/10 for you omg!!!1111 but no sadly I do not like absolute dog so this game is a 0.
  17. Oct 14, 2013
    gta online 3 characters deleted.... why do any game companys go near cloud....... its just when u put 20 hours into a char x3 and have them deleted every time
  18. Oct 29, 2013
    Yet another dissapointment this year.
    This game could have been so much more.
    crews are pointles.
    you'd have thought that gangwarfare between crews would have been staring them in the face?
    there are no features for crews whatsoever.

missions are repetative at best.
    its extremely glitchy still.
    features missing that have been around since 2001
  19. Sep 24, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto V is the worst game in the franchise. With one fell swoop, Rockstar takes away the soul of every good GTA game, freedom. Essentially, this game tried so hard to mimic reality that it was its downfall. GTA games aren't supposed to be like real life, that's what was so fun about the other games. Not being able to fire your weapon anywhere, only certain characters being able to buy certain properties, and the police contribute to the games sense of limiting personal freedom. The storyline and the graphics are the only good things about this game, which is probably the sole determinants of most of these reviews claiming the game is perfect. Selecting a weapon or radio station is unnecessarily difficult due to the Saint's Row-esque wheel. What was wrong with the previous controls? Playing this game seemed like an obligation. Continuing on the hamster wheel of mission after mission with little other options. The lack of available cheat codes sends an unmistakable message of you, do it our way'. As a GTA faithful since GTA III, this game is disappointing to say the least. Rockstar tried to make this game too real, and too much like Saint's Row, and by doing so, crushed the free spirit found in all of the previous Grand Theft Auto games Expand
  20. Oct 7, 2013
    GTA online is Total utter changed my score from an 8 to a 0 just because of how bad online is and the lack of community communication by rockstar of how they are going to address these issues. the fanboy's if you put a EA logo on this game instead of a R* one people would be losing their Probably rioting outside their office. That was a joke but still people would be pretty ****ing pissed
  21. Oct 6, 2013
    A pretty sucks balls game is already overvalued with optical, but without fun to do and absolutely. I must admit that I stopped after 35% of the story continue to play consistently. I have no desire

GTA online sucks boring
  22. Oct 7, 2013
    too much like the saints row series and too much of the same game to me...i feel like it is way too repetitive with little improvements but nothing extraordinary...i guess i'm just burnt out on these types of games since i've played so many...
  23. Oct 13, 2013
    a bugged piece of software that cannot be called video game. graphics are good, and that's it. gameplay is subpar and uninspired, there are so many bugs expect to play the game twice because your saved games are lost or you get stuck in the geometry. characters are shiit all in all the game is a bugged steaming pile of fuccking shhit
  24. Oct 12, 2013
    This game is generally good but I hate the fact that all women are walking around with 10 lbs of cleavage on their pencil thin bodies. Most of the time the game is great.
  25. Oct 14, 2013
    I love this game it's one of the best i've ever played of and btw im here courtesy of OfficialNerdCubed break the system metacritic is suckish! Anyways i think that the graphics are good looking they don't overdue it at ALL. The missions are awesome and the story is like a movie.
  26. Oct 17, 2013
    Again that same like in old versions GTA. Huge map, tons of stupid missions, nothing special and new comparing other GTA's.

Recommended only enter cheat's and get lot of fun from killing and destroy everything!
  27. Oct 6, 2013
    Like SimCity which preceeded it, the game simply isn't finished.

A large portion of buyers purchased the game for the online portion, which has been embarrassingly off the mark since launch day. The single player is more of the tired formula. Drive to point A...kill at point B...drive to point C.

Cars disappear rendering the money you earned to purchase them inert. Honestly there are
    so many technical issues with the game, it's best to just watch the game footage on YouTube.

Very poor. Does nothing to take the genre forward, and the only compliment I can pay is that the open world itself is a laudable technical achievement. Gameplay and server architecture...not so much.
  28. Nov 6, 2013
    I am sorry to say this, Rockstar have always been a loyal game company but they kind of screwed themselves when they did not bring this masterpiece to the pc! God damn it rockstar! you really up giving console tards this beauty instead of the glorious master race PC! 0/10
  29. Dec 15, 2013
    If you were to look up the definition of overrated, you would find a picture of GTA V. All you do in this game is drive and shoot people, which is what you do in every other M rated game. People didn't even get the full game when it came out. When online was released, it was broken.
  30. Dec 17, 2013
    VERY LINEAR missions and progression. Just a huge theme park to drive arround, it's fun, but when you're forced to torture a guy with multiple tools, I just turned off the console and never played it again.
  31. Feb 4, 2014
    The game, when it came out was great, but the "good" part was very short lived, as R* started patching it, and the game is unplayable as it stands. Single Player is so buggy that you have to resort to loading whole game from Xbox/PS3 home menu in order for the whole console not to hang. Gameplay bugs, missions which can't be finished, achievements which are not granted, money which is not given, cars disappearing, after spending time and money upgrading them, are all annoying but wouldn't be such a pain if it wasn't for the loading freeze. And money making in GTAV is a total grinder. Yes, you can steal anything, but you can't keep it, as the game doesn't save what's stolen.
    AI is 100% accurate, the amount of police and agents, and number of helis after you, when you reach 5 stars, is enormous and never ending. You kill them all, and new wave of the same size appears, before you can run away. Physics seem to work on you mostly, but rest of the world is onl'y 50% simulated, therefore police will not only outrun you on 90 degree turns, motorways, and any streets (even heavy with traffic), then stop in a split second, coming out of the car with guns already shooting at you, and kill you very very quickly, if you only happen to slip or fall. And, they kill first, then ask questions.
    Developer support is the non-existent now. R* stopped listening to fans, and reports of problems. They just keep breaking the game further and further. No testing was done whatsoever, since the game release. Every single patch broke the game more and more in Single Player, only to patch small bugs in MP, which is bugged beyond belief. I can only spend a bit of time on weekends to play it so I didn't finish the game on SP yet, but it's no reason to break SP without care for those who are still playing it. It's zero point from me, as the game is currently unplayable at all.
  32. Oct 7, 2013
    gta v is a disappointing game it fails to live up other gta for one money is scarce in the game and the missions are really boring. it has no good villains in the game and the online has far to go has to go.
    overall i would not recommend this gta.
  33. Oct 9, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I've played GTA since the third installment up until this new one. This is the worst one yet. R* is going the way of EA with souless games and trying to squeeze every cent they can out of you with DLC and microtransactions. If you plan to only play single-player, you should skip this one. The campaign is a total of 69 missions and once you complete them your already at over 50% complete with the game. Remember all those cool 'odd jobs' in previous installments? Pretty much gone except for the taxi missions.

- Not enough heists. What is the point of improving your crew member's skills when you barely get to use them?

- Grove Street was totally different. I barely recognized it from SA. If it wasn't for the cul-de-sac I wouldn't even know that it was Grove Street. Plus, the Ballas are now living there and there isn't an explanation why that is; which brings me to my next point.

- No gang territory. I loved taking over gang territory in SA. With GTA V you can't start gang wars, take over territory or recruit members. I wanted to retake Grove Street for the GSF but it will forever be Balla turf now. There were about 4 missions that involved the 'hood'. Way too short. One of the missions Trevor just decides to go down to Grove Street just for the hell of it. Literally for no reason.

- There is a casino in GTA V but you can't go inside and gamble. Another feature missing from SA.

- Purchasable properties You can buy them but cannot go inside? The missions for the 'properties' you own are mostly delivery missions that serve no purpose. It doesn't matter if you ignore them or not, you just won't get payed your $1k that week. There should be sub-missions for your properties which improve them.

- No purchasable safehouses. Franklin starts out with a house in the hood but then moves out to Vinewood. No longer can I buy a house in the hood, walk out the door and start shooting rival gang members like in SA. Now I have to drive from Vinewood all the way down to the 'bad' part of town, or take a cab and just steal a car when I get there. They saved all of the purchaseable safehouses for 'GTA Online'. So, if you only want to play singleplayer or don't have an internet connection, R* is basically saying screw you.

- The world map is bigger than SA only because of the ocean. I would have much rather preferred more land. Rockstar claimed that the world map for this game would be bigger than Red Dead Redemption and GTA IV combined with "the oceans, land and enterable locations." Well, the ocean is boring and there really is no point in being underwater and the enterable locations are very few and far between. There is A strip club, one, and about 15 gas stations that are all copy and paste. If you've been in one gas station you've seen 'em all. There are a bunch of clothing stores but they are copy and paste aswell, with just 3 different types. Suburban, Discount and a high-end one. There are also a few banks to go into but you can't do anything with them and they are also copy and paste. For Rockstar to claim that this is the biggest world yet just because of the ocean is very misleading advertising.

-On a random encounter mission, you had to transport a guy to the airport and when you got him there he tells you to buy stock that isn't listed on the stock market webpage.

-Vehicle Customization is back and was a major feature missing from IV.

-Stock market is a waste of time after you've completed the assasination missions. Also there isn't an option to short sell stock when you know the CEO for example will be assasinated.

-The movie studio was too short-lived.

-Fast-food resturants are still around but you can't interact with them at all or even go inside.

If you have ever played GTA: San Andreas you will know this game sucks but if you started playing GTA with IV you will think this game is the best in the franchise. Well, it isn't. The story sucks, the gameplay sucks, the characters are boring, the driving is very old style, overall just the worst GTA. After 5 years and over 260 million dollars this is the best R* can come up with? I guess paying for reviews on all those gaming sites aren't cheap.
  34. Dec 17, 2013
    Please note THIS IS A EXPEREMENT to see how people react to the review; nothing im saying is actually true becouse of the 150 character minimum. here is my fake review: "this is the crappyest game i have EVER played, bad ai, all you do i rob banks and kill people
  35. Feb 1, 2014
    Very disappointing. The missions are not as exciting as previous games in the series, and this was meant to be the best in the series. The graphics are good, but graphics don't make a game. The story is bad, the cutscenes are too varied in length and GTA Online is the only good bit other than the graphics. Plus the 360 version has a lot of glitches.
  36. Mar 2, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V.. Compared to IV Is easily the most overhyped game I've seen in a while. The things it does better firstly, is obviously the graphics, they are beautiful and reflective and pushes these ageing consoles to their max. But some textures on clothes were really muddy looking. And that's it... Now the things it fails on. Story: unlike able protagonists, all three of them, didn't really feel like authentic people more of a exaggeration of stereotypes. The story is the same Rockstar trend. Work for someone, get betrayed, get revenge. So it feels uninspired.

Gameplay: what has changed? It's still your third person cover shooter, requires no skill what's so ever all you have to do is run to a good cover spot, peek out, and do a head shot. Wow, and what's the point of all these weapons? It's easy as **** anyways. Not like there is different styles to play through with.
    "Silencers" rigggght about that, well that never worked.
    I like the driving, but wish they improved the crash physics, this isn't NFS I want, it would be far more immersive if they had the sense of urgency to not crash in high speed chases, but hey if your going 200 mph and hit another car? Just a scratch, cars most have one strong body shell huh.

Content: well yes it has a fair bit of hours packed into this game, but it's unrewarding, seriously I'm gonna collect all this for TEN DOLLARS?? Lol, that was a waste of time, a lot of the side missions are collectibles, like it's not really my favourite thing in the first place, but al least far cry 3 gave you XP, this is they give you money. The economy in this games is pointless, buy all these landmarks and do Repititive missions for and not be able to go into the club you own?

To keep it shorter, I'm a single player gamer and this is the most uninspired, waste of time. If you want an amazing single player game? This is not it.
  37. Mar 24, 2014
    Probably the most disappointing GTA title I've ever played. When you make a game in San Andreas and tell us "hey guys this is the largest map in GTA history!" we would expect San Andreas to be there on it's entirety, with San Fierro, Las Venturas, everything there was on the old Playstation 2 classic and more, not just a crappy island with Los Santos plus a lot of useless countryside to the north. With this title the series has become more casual than ever, you're even able to control your car mid-air and the vehicle controls have changed quite a lot (for worse): they turn faster, riding feels a lot easier than in previous titles and it's hard to actually lose control of your car even when it's pretty messed up. Wanna buy a badass safehouse for your favorite character? Too bad, you can't. Even though there are several houses to buy on GTA Online, you can't buy them in Story mode because screw logic. GTA Online is not a big deal too, there's a limit of 20 players per server so you won't be seeing the all-out war we expected, and finding custom game matches (race, deathmatch, etc) is frustrating, as you rarely find a lobby with more than 2 or 3 players, even after waiting a long period of time for people to enter. GTA IV had full races anytime, it's matchmaking system was so much better and simple than this **** I would (maybe) advise on getting this game anyway, it's still fun, of course, but not what we expected. Rockstar can't make up for the disappointment of the casual gameplay and the incomplete San Andreas even with a horde of DLCs. Expand
  38. Mar 7, 2014
    Would probably be a good game, but good god, Console controls are just terrible. Driving in any decent car is just impossible and forget trying to shoot anything. Here's hoping they sim launch PC someday, but probably wont because they fear the evil Pirate.
  39. Jul 17, 2014
    This game is SO over achieved. Saints row is a lot better than this crap. For 1 it is WAY to inappropriate, You can walk into a strip club, who's idea was that? The game play in here is nothing new, open world, go into anyone's care, and just drive around and shoot people. Oh and not only that 3 characters! This game is WAY to inappropriate for anybody to play. And it is WAY to over achieved. Trust me, do not buy this game, it is a waste of money and a waste of time. Probably gonna get tons of 10 year old haters for this. Expand
  40. Oct 8, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is the Rockstar's masterpiece. The other games that came after are crap. They lost a great oportunity to make a great epic like San Andreas, but they ruined it.

The main campaign is too short because of the online game. They created a beautiful game, but forgot that it will run on old hardware.

I hope that Rockstar relaunch the Grand Theft Auto: San
    Andreas, with improved graphics and the new shotter mechanics. Collapse
  41. Oct 19, 2013
    the game in its self isn't bad has some good story and the characters are well made but it has poor driving and codes all and all its a game with potential but due to these massive flaws its just not worth getting they also left out some good things they put in other games like the hydra fighter jet and replaced with with a normal less fun one that runs out of fuel can't say I'm impressed with it the big thing being its to easy to die in a crash I hit a car in a low speed and it nearly killed me at full health you spin out easy and its also hard to keep from bashing up the car so bad the wheels lock making it impossible tyo get away from even a 2 star wanted level Expand
  42. Oct 21, 2013
    DO NOT! I REPEAT DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS RUBBISH ASS GAME. From the 12 hours it takes to dl to your system, to the items you worked hard for but are just "missing", and the saves you made when you go to level 20 but is no longer there, Rockstar entertainment has stooped as low as the creator of diablo 3 which up to date was worst release ever. If this starts to become a trend, game companies selling fake games we shall have to together and put them out of business. rockstar gobble a giant dick Expand
  43. Jan 20, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. love the game until the last update that took all my money away that I got legally for online and on story mode dropped my the three guys for me down to one dollar Expand
  44. Feb 24, 2014
    Tbh.... I was disappointed with this game. I haven't even finished it yet, and I have had it since release day. as I played this game, I didn't feel any sense of progression at all. There also doesn't seem to be any clear villain or goal to work towards. On the other hand, sucker punching someone from behind is damn satisfying so it is quite a good stress reliever, but that doesn't save it from the boring plot and bland characters. Expand
  45. Apr 2, 2014
    Im a huge grand theft auto fan but this is a huge disappointment in every way, they just spent all the money on the ads?!! how crazy is that?? Overall its not very good and doesn't live up to the hype...
  46. Apr 20, 2014
    I don't know why this game is so overhypered. In my opinion this is the worst GTA ever. It doesn't bring anything new or interesting as all of the previous games did. (GTA 3: 3d, GTA VC: buyable property, GTA SA: a wide variety of new things such as airplanes and car tuning and RPG elements, GTA 4: an much darker and serious tone to the genre and hanging out with ingame friends) and what does this game bring? nothing, zero, nada. The story is too weak and you can clearly see where the money has gone into: ADVERTISEMENTS. The most interesting thing in the game were the heists, which where pretty cool to do, but oh no! imbicile Rockstar only lets you do just the ones that are in the story..... wtf why? Now people say: this game rocks its soo big and better than GTA 4, but in this big world you cant do **** nothing. And then there was the promise of an online world within GTA that had to be the new style of playing, well i'm still waiting for the heists and the game is hacked as ****
    This game gets an 0/10 from just because it is too overhyped, Rockstar needs to get its **** straight and produce a good game in the future and I dearly hope they dont **** up the next Red Dead.
  47. Apr 14, 2014
    it was the worst gta ever the game play sucked so hard and multiplier was just terrible i think rockstar
    could of done way better. like i play it a little turn it off go back to it and my game is always corrupt. i had
    to go to my cousin's just to beat the game
  48. May 21, 2014
    Everything you want in a GTA game except the game. Intentionally broken and poorly implemented features will have you grinding for money both online and off. The reasons for doing so, however, aren't really apparent. offline You can buy clothes but your character doesn't keep them. You can customize cars but the don't always stay saved and they don't become your personal car. You can't store stolen jets reliably. They disappear if you switch to a plane you've bought. Online the clothes stay and the vehicle system is much better (why not let you buy and save different cars as your default car offline and have a mechanic who brings them to you? It's already there online and it would so complete the offline experience.) but the
    Push to get you to buy in-game $$ with real $$ is so strong online that you'll find yourself either grinding the same $18,0000 mission- rooftop rumble- hundreds of times or glitch grinding. to get that $1.5 mil tank. You have to play rooftop rumble 83 times. and no, you can't steal one and store it. They have a rule that says no. You'll play it another 27 times to get the nicest apartment and another 55 times to get a good car. Why not other missions? Well because 18k is about as high as it gets and rooftop rumble is the most efficient in terms of time. Of course maybe you just want to screw with your fellow online players. Well no, now they shame you for that and put you in groups with exclusively **** and missions with exclusively people who rage quit ending the mission prematurely.

GTA has long been a game that makes you go "look at all the stuff I can do!" GTA V makes you go " look at all the stuff I can.. Sort of do. Wait, let me just play the same mission 500 times so that I can do this stuff" it's always been a franchise that' let's you go and break all the rules. This time they've just implemented a bunch of rules to keep you from doing anything fun.

I've got a total of 40 hours out of it, less than a 10'th of the play time I've gotten from any Primary GTA release since GTA 2. I had some truly incredible, side splitting moments of hilarity playing free mode online in GTA 4. 5...I'll tell you how if goes if I ever manage to bring myself to play rooftop rumble hundreds of **** times so that I can compete with the rest of the **** with tanks and rocket launchers and miniguns and **** That's unlikely though. I'd rather play Skyrim a 20th time.
  49. May 24, 2014
    This games is just cheap and immature its not fun and crude.
    This is for people with a single digit IQ Im lucky I borrowed it from my brother because this game is so bad.
  50. Oct 25, 2013
    The game is fun and entertaining but is very broken. Buildings don't load until you are right at them, texture pops happen all the time and the online is completely broken. The story is the only thing saving this game and the main story at that. One of the side missions made me run around the desert for 5 miles for no earthly reason. Many of the achievements also don't register so you spend a few hours collecting things only to not get the achievement. Expand
  51. Jun 25, 2014
    A long, drawn out mess of glitches, stress, and broken promises, Grand Theft Auto V is just not what could be considered "industry standard" in modern gaming. Rockstar seems to have rushed to the point that they released a game with no content, and are having to play "catch-up" in order to avoid chasing off most fans. How this game manages such high ratings is far beyond me!

I will
    admit, I was a sucker that went out (having loved all the GTA games I've played) and purchased the whole collector's edition deal. I was thoroughly satisfied with my purchase, and enjoyed playing single player in eager anticipation of "Grand Theft Auto: Online", the big deal multiplayer for this game that wasn't even released with the game, but weeks after. I figured that it would not be a problem, they must have taken their time. I'll enjoy the single player story, which is the only reason I am even giving this game a 3 and not a 1. The story is phenomenal. I laughed, got frustrated (but in a good way), and enjoyed seeing these three characters slowly work their way together to be the syndicate crime trio they ended as.

Moving on to the not-so-great, multiplayer in this game is so many DLC packs behind where they originally promised that it is utterly sickening. I can count five times that the infamous "Heist Update" was mentioned, and yet it is still "not quite ready for release" according to Rockstar's official statements at the release of one of the many filler packs (consisting mostly of clothes, weapons, and sometimes the same bland cars you've seen before), the "I'm Not A Hipster Pack". I cannot speak for readers of this review, but I have grown very tired of stale downloadable content that just screams copy-paste-recolor, and that is all I feel they have done with GTA Online. From one horrible decision to the next, with ever-so-slight fixes in the game that are few and far-between, GTA Online fails to compete to even the simplicity of GTA IV's online mode, in which glitches do not run rampant, and money is not an issue that is constantly being worked on (and microtransacted). I cannot say that I feel I got my money's worth with this game. The story was great, but when you were promised something so much more, it is upsetting. Rockstar, you have created a monster of a poor game in a very modern and new gaming generation, and I fear that it will harm you severely, with many players flocking to next-gen consoles. I understand a release for GTA V on the new generation consoles is coming soon, but you have to ask yourself: "Would I spend even more money on this game, just to get the same broken promises?" I know I certainly am having second thoughts. What would you do, Rockstar?
  52. Dec 20, 2013
    The economy for GTA Online is disgustingly broken. This one fact overshadows the main story, and everything else. If I spend $60 on a game, I should not be shamelessly encouraged to dish out more for virtual cash. But that's what they do unfortunately... The prices for garages, apartments and cars are extremely outrageous. Well, unless you want a scummy-ass garage or apartment, you'll be paying an upwards of 400,000 in-game money. You also pay like a 50 to 200 in-game money hospital bill everytime you die, which is extremely annoying and pretty much forces you to buy the money packs if you want an enjoyable experience. The players online will show you no mercy, and I have been pointlessly gunned down for scraps of cash many times. There's passive mode which stops you from being shot or beat to death on foot, but it's literally useless because people can still run you over or kill you in your vehicle. The players that are dumb enough to pay real money for virtual money, will have tanks, helicopters, planes, you name it... They all exploit the power of the vehicles too, mercilessly gunning less privileged players down. This one player was even crying on the microphone because these idiots kept killing him and took all his money... That's really sad, but I guess that's the kind of image Rockstar wants to portray. It disgusts me and I will most likely never purchase a Rockstar product again.

Bottom line: Micro-transactions don't belong in $60 games. Anyone who supports the idea of them being in retail games is a power-hungry douchebag.
  53. Nov 1, 2013
    First, I should say this was the first GTA game I played. I originally wanted to play this because I had seen other people play it and the story and the missions looked interesting. Once I actually started playing the game, I was absolutely appalled by the controls. It was like trying to use an Xbox after I'd just had a lobotomy. Maybe that's the allure to some people, but I actually want to PLAY my games. The one thing this game has going for it is the music. That's some jazzy Expand
  54. Jan 5, 2014
    Look, I'm a fan. I'm also a parent. A very lax one, sometimes to my kids' detriment as was the case with this game. I bought this for my teenaged+ kids for Christmas, and I don't think I could have made a bigger mistake.

The game itself is flawless. Smooth. Realism. Great looking. Great gameplay.

The content is unforgivably offensive, to the point that a liberal like me- who
    leaps to the defense of the industry and rails against ratings and censorship online- I think I made a huge mistake as a parent. The good news? My kids came to me, because I get a little uptight with them when we buy a full priced new game and they either don't play it or blast through the main story on easy in a week, they came to me and told me they were too uncomfortable with the content to play it anymore. They did. I took a look at what was on by big ol' high def television, and all I can say is that it would have deserved a "XXX" rating in any other media genre. Disgusting.

Profane. Racist. Violent in an anti-social and stomach-churning way. And some of the content is flat out pornography. Not even good pornography. The content reflects a version of "reality" that made each and every one of us ill, and now this game is going to Game Stop as a trade-in ASAP.

Everyone seems to be in a big hurry to praise this game (and as usual you wonder how many reviewers actually played the WHOLE game, how many are mindless zombie fans, and how many are being paid for positive reviews), but Rockstar has gone way, way too far this time. Far enough that I'm flaming this game. Far enough that I'm going to become a supporter of game content censorship. Good work, guys. You turned me into a conservative on this matter. Far enough that I will not buy another Rockstar title ever again (I'm a PC gamer, anyway so no loss there for me. I'm sick of Rockstar's console developer suck-up anyway.)

When the conservative folk want to censor an industry everyone complains. Everyone, including me. We definitely don't need game developers giving ammunition to the many folk that would love to see the whole thing go away. But, like I said, now I'm a supporter of censorship thanks to this one. Of course, the censorship will go too far one day also- but this industry will have no one to blame but themselves (actually, blame Rockstar.)

This is a vile, repugnant, profane game wrapped in brilliant programming and technology. Shame on Rockstar games. Shame on them for following up Red Dead Redemption with this pile of garbage. Parents, trust me-from a liberal parent- keep this one out of your kids' hands.
  55. Nov 5, 2013
    Single player campaign is annoying and does not include enough heists. I hated having to switch players as the only character I truly cared about was Michael. The multiplayer really sucks. It lacks any proper menus to navigate through game types. You'd shouldn't have to play 10 hours of the same races or missions to unlock better content.
  56. Dec 11, 2013
    Again, GTA proves that it is an overrated franchise. The only bright spot of this game is the soundtrack honestly. The gameplay is lacking in my opinion, as it is same old, same old GTA (much like CoD is same old, same old), and the online is a complete disappointment. The story is a generic crime story, no surprise there. And, to nobody's surprise, the community is a complete joke. A bunch of trolls and Rockstar fanboys who yell indeterminable slurs at you anytime you attempt to criticize the game. GTA will always appeal to its community I guess, but for people looking to get into the franchise I do not recommend it. Expand
  57. Dec 16, 2013
    i'll start with the good in this game before i get to the bad.
    The driving mechanic is very polished and well refined in this game. it doesn't feel like a chore to drive to the next mission...Yep, that's all i can commend it for. The campaign makes you feel dirty after playing it, the characters have no redeemable qualities whatsoever. Most of the side missions follow this formula, drive
    to far off location, talk to character, drive to another location, make a sexual joke, kill someone/steal something, finish mission. The soundtrack had me begging for it to stop after i head about the 500th Dr.dre song seven hours into the game. the shooting mechanic works, but is far from perfect. WHY THE HELL DID THEY MAP THE RELOAD BUTTON TO THE TOGGLE CINEMATIC VIEW BUTTON WHILE DRIVING??? The story was largely dismissible, with your characters (especially trevor) looking like sex addicts by the end of the game. i do like the map size, but most of the map is useless. the AI are retarded and might as well be committing DUI 100% of the time. i'm serious, i consistently get rammed by people who don't stop at stop signs or turn left on red. All in all i'd much rather play almost any other game besides this. Expand
  58. Dec 18, 2013
    To start with the good the single player campaign is amazingly well written and varied. The characters are great, and you really get connected to them as you play. Online is also often a lot of fun (when it works.)

The bad: To buy all the properties in campaign you need something like 300 times the amount of money you'd accumulate during a normal game if you hadn't spent a dime on
    anything else.

The worst: Online is completely broken. Rockstar is trying to make an IAP-based online game so they continually reduce payouts for the majority of activities. On top of this, they also refuse to balance out the tank, which every cheater immediately bought, and which is the only weapon (outside of the sniper rifle) to have hitscan shells, on top of being able to literally outrun any RPG or grenade launcher round shot at it even within a range for 30-50 feet!

Even worse: The matchmaking simply doesn't work, you will spend possibly as much time in an evening trying to get into a game and staring at loading screens over and over and over, then you will actually playing the game unless you play for many many hours at a stretch and never leave a lobby once you find one. Forget getting together with your friends entirely.
  59. Jan 2, 2014
    can be a good game, just cheats a lot against me in most missions. swears a lot and consists of a lot of funny comments, just lets itself down with the cheating.
  60. Sep 2, 2014
    To this day, I never see the hype of this game. Its a mediocre third person shooter with some ugly visuals and a pretty bad story. Ok, i'll admit, there are some cool missions. And some cool things to do. But really, the % of good to bad is maybe 20-80. Great-You can play golf and tennis. Who cares?The game goes for quantity of Quality and the result is mediocre.
    InB4AngryFanboys
  61. Jul 19, 2014
    I understand that a lot of people enjoy GTA V. I admit that it has some excellent story missions with truly creative and clever ideas. However, I do not enjoy playing this game and I believe that the critics that gave this game a perfect rating let their excitement get the better of them. GTA V deserves some criticism and in my opinion it is very far from the 'ultimate sandbox game' that many people have described it to be. GTA has no inspiring features, you simply rob stores and screw hookers similarly to how you do in the previous games. The only truly iconic feature that GTA V has brought to its franchise is being able to control three separate characters. This makes for some pretty cool bits of gameplay in the story missions, but it's completely pointless in the open world. The whole time I played in the open world, I always stuck to playing as Trevor and had no reason to change.
    Shooting in this game is somehow even less fun here than it is in GTA IV. I've never liked the auto-aim in these games, but at least in GTA IV you could just shoot your next target without having to use it. In GTA V it punishingly difficult to try to aim and kill someone without auto-aim, with your marker being so small and the camera so stiff. The easiest way to kill anyone is to flick your LT and RT triggers in sequence, which makes this mechanic boring in a game with little other gameplay to offer.
    The open world is the most disappointing feature. No matter how alive Rocksteady has worked to make the world feel alive, once you've completely the main missions the open world simply feels dead. Sure you can do side activities such as sports like golf and tennis, but all of these activities have little reward and just feel tedious. Furthermore, the graphics in this game are also not as outstanding as it has been boasted. Truly, when you think about the detail in other sandbox games like Just Cause 2, which came out earlier and has a bigger open world, GTA V looks much worse.
    My final problem with GTA V is with its online mode. There's nothing left to do in it! There are races, a few missions (which you have to play by yourself), and that's it! If you're in a map with your friends the most amount of fun you will have will come from robbing stores and getting involved in car chases, but these will get old quickly. The main appealing aspect about an online mode is its co-operative heists, but these still aren't available to play meaning there's little-to-nothing to do in the same extremely dull open world at all.
    I don't completely hate GTA V, and I respect Rockstar. This game gets some things spot-on-right, for example, I enjoyed almost all of the story missions, I especially enjoyed the excellent ending decision you had to make, the characters were interesting, and the dialogue was well-written and sometimes very funny. While I think the gameplay is repetitive and uninspired some people clearly love it and there is a reason why it has such a devoted fanbase. Many people love this game, I understand that. But there are many others who don't like it such as myself and my friends, and it's difficult for people like us to overlook these looming problems. If Rockstar wants to make there next GTA game more appealing there are many places they can start, for example, create more interior sections in the open world and give us an option from the launch date to play co-operative missions and heists with our friends. To be honest, however, I don't want Rockstar to return to this franchise ever again. It is an overall uninteresting, unappealing and uninspired concept to many people such as myself. Rockstar has made so many more defining and unique open-world games in the past such as Red Dead Redemption and Bully, both of which have much better characters and much more immersive open worlds than there are in all of the GTA games combined. I hope they return to games like these in the future and bring us more of these other excellent titles that are still talked about. Please Rockstar, abandon GTA and focus on making a sequel to your best work.
  62. Oct 8, 2013

I hope that Rockstar relaunch the Grand Theft Auto: San
    Andreas, with improved graphics and the new shotter mechanics. Collapse

1. Dec 12, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto V offers one of the best sandbox experiences ever, filled to the brink with stuff to do. The vistas are magnificent and amazing stuff just seems to happen wherever you go. But at the same time the story is tired and the characters unoriginal. Your appreciation of Grand Theft Auto V will depend of what you want out of the series. The freedom and joy of discovery is hard to beat but the rest still has some ways left to go.
  2. Nov 6, 2013
    GTA V continues the game series' tradition of raising the bar for open world action games.
  3. Nov 5, 2013
    Tons of gameplay hours, plenty of missions and activities with an awesome collection of vehicles of various modes of transportation and a large array of firearms put the grandeur once again into Grand Theft Auto.