8.1

1. Sep 26, 2013
    GTA V is Rockstar's magnum opus, and is undoubtedly the best game of 2013.

Rockstar has redefined the boundaries of the definitive open-world genre, creating a new standard in both size and scale that all other sandbox games will be judged.

GTA V's cinematic storytelling and dynamic game mechanics blur the edges between gaming and film, fashioning an inherently unique experience
    filled with action, plot twists, and memorable moments that will keep gamers busy for quite some time.

The virtual world of Los Santos is a sprawling, satirical rendition of Southern California, complete with a smattering of region-based environments--from sunny beaches to forest-filled highlands--that are complete with flora, fauna and of course denizens.

GTA V's triumvirate of characters are all engaging and have their own personality traits and backstories, all of which are layered and weave into the game's story arc as to provide a unique spectacle of cinematic storytelling.

The game centers around heists and robberies, with traditional move-based themes featured in nearly every mission. The objectives and missions themselves are wide and varied, punctuating the main story with a variety of random content to enjoy.

All in all Rockstar has released a masterpiece of epic proportions that has re-shaped the open-world sandbox genre, culminating in an incredible gaming experience that permeates with quality, hilarity and of course explosive action.
  2. Sep 20, 2013
    What a piece of art, I have started my adventure with the newest GTA instalment yesterday and absolutely loving it! Rockstar did a wonderful job while creating such detailed, massive world here. This game take the best from the previous GTA games, Red Dead Redemption and Max Payne 3, to combine it into one of the best games that ever hit the shelves.The visual side is superb if you will consider the size of the game, obviously you cannot compare it to titles like Crysis, but still this is a massive open world game. The gameplay rocks, controls are solid and smoothly, there is a great improvement over the previous GTA titles. Some people are complaining that the shooting is not as good as in Max Payne 3, but please, this is an open world game and shooting is one of the many, many things you will do in this game, so you cannot compare the mechanics to AAA shooters, where the major focus is on shooting. Still it is very enjoyable and I cannot complain about the mechanics here. The story will keep you intrested and pushing forward to check what will happen next. I am still looking forward to start playing Trevor, as yesterday within the first 10hrs of gameplay I was mainly free roaming with Franklin, driving, enjoying the views, swimming, bike riding and checking all the things that the game offers at the beginning. One thing ref to issue with "play disc" install on XBOX hard drive I have installed the "instal disc" into my Xbox hard disc, whereas the "play disc" I copied into the HDD 500gb external disc (it is USB 3.0 but will still work OK if formated to FAT32). The games works very smoothly, within the first 10hours I havent faced any graphic/texture problems or bugs impressive job done on 8years old hardware! Great job ROCKSTAR! Thank you! Expand
  3. Sep 25, 2013
    GTA5 is fabulous, magical and wonderfully exciting. Surely stands as one or if not the best in the franchise that changed the world of gaming. Great game.
  4. Sep 30, 2013
    This game is awesome. This game has so much to offer. You really get your moneys worth. Don't listen to the trolls. I give this game a 9 and the only reason it does not get a 10 from me is there is no Heavy Metal station.
  5. Sep 26, 2013
    If you haven't played Grand Theft Auto V yet, I don't know what you're waiting for. Rockstar Games have always been known for making the absolute best third person action-adventure games of this generation. In fact, one of my favorite games of all time is Red Dead Redemption. They've always seemed to exceed the boundaries of what everybody expects their games to be like, and that's what makes them the superior developer of this generation. If you play Grand Theft Auto V, you will know exactly why I feel this way. GTA V is a prime example of Rockstar pushing things to the limit. The game world is massive, bigger than any Rockstar game that has ever been released. (Though, big fans of Just Cause 2 will probably find the world size pretty pathetic.) The world is huge, and it is filled with so many interesting things to see and do. If you thought that GTA IV was a live city, GTA V will feel like a living world. Environmentally, the visuals are absolutely astounding, and some parts of the city will leave most of you breathless. Though when it comes down to characters, if felt like some details were left out. And some characters faces appear very cartoon like. Though it doesn't really matter. Unfortunately, a huge (and beautiful) environment leaves room for error. Believe it or not, there isn't that much error at all. There are some bugs that appear occasionally, but they're not game changers. There are also some occasional texture issues. A lot of people are complaining about frame rate drops, but the only time I noticed this was while driving a submarine.

Enough about the presentation, it's time to talk about the 30+ hour story mode accompanying the game. In my opinion, the story is not as compelling or interesting as the well written story in GTA IV. Though it's compelling enough to make me want to play it more than once, which I'm already half-way through doing. The story is mostly focused around Michael De Santa, a former bank robber who has gone into a WitSec program, and is currently residing in his multi-million dollar home with his family, who is dysfunctional in every way. Michael's money is running low though, so he returns to the life of crime. For the first time in GTA history, the player can now play as more than one character. The second available character to play as is Franklin Clinton, a young gang member who constantly tries to survive in an ignorant street life with his old friend Lamar Davis. The third character is Trevor Phillips, one of Michael's old robber buddies who has gone completely insane. Interestingly enough, the three characters stories all intertwine, and this concept creates a fun campaign. The best part is that at any point (when not on a mission), the player can switch between characters. The ending on the other hand, is another story. To avoid any spoilers, the game let's you create your own ending with a tough decision that Franklin must make in the end. Some of them feel linear and short, and the others feel too good to be true.

Thankfully, the game handles way better than GTA IV. The shooting mechanics are better, the driving is more fluent, and it now features a more realistic flying system when it comes down to helicopters and planes. The cover system has also been improved, instead of a touchy cover system from GTA IV.

I'm going to relate back to what I said earlier, you have no reason to not have played GTA V. Though I wouldn't approve the game for anybody younger than 15 years old, it's a game I believe everyone should play before they move onto next-gen technology. Who needs the Xbox One when you have next-gen tech on a current-gen game? It is certainly one of the best games ever made.
  6. Sep 28, 2013
    Everyone that gave this a negative review obviously have NOT played the game. People are just on this to hate because it is getting the money it deserves. "A billion in three days? What is this COD? I'm gonna go hate on Metacritic because its mainstream which obviously means that its overrated!". GTA V has set a new high for gaming. It features some of the best narrative, gameplay, graphics and characters EVER in a video game. I got mad at myself for playing the game to fast, if that doesn't mean anything then you should play the game to see what I mean. You do NOT want this game to end! Its just to good! Michael, Trevor and Franklin are great characters and will be remembered for a long time. The huge beautiful world and millions of things to do make this game even better. And then on top of that there are the heists! I've been a long time gamer and I can say that the heist missions are some of the best levels I have ever played in a game! If I were to only have one game to play for the rest of the life I would be proud to have GTA V. Buy it if you haven't its well worth the hype. Expand
  7. Sep 19, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A milestone. A masterpiece. What else is there to say about GTA V that hasn't been said? I don't think I'll have to explain why this is by far one of the best games there is and ever was.

Maybe I'll just give you my reasons, why I didn't rate this game with 10 out of 10.

01. Some bugs. There was a mission where I "learned" how to use the sniper rifle and I had to restart it because the needed animals to shoot just didn't show up. The NPC was wandering around saying everything was fine and dandy, but even when I ran over him and shot him, nothing happened. At the car wash I got pretty interesting insight in the car and character because the camera was wiggling around. Nothing big, but with this long development time these things seem to be avoidable.

02. The music stations. By god, there are many. Many, many, many. But if you find a station which you enjoy, it gets pretty repetitive. Many stations but fewer songs per station, i guess.

Aand... thats it. Why should this stop me from giving a perfect 10 out of 10? So they can make it even better next time.
  8. Nov 5, 2013
    Great game. GTA Online is really the only thing you can play though after you beat the story. Once you beat the story GTA 5 becomes Retirement Simulator 2013.
  9. Oct 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. GTA 5 is not perfect for sure, but I never played any games greater than it, so here goes the 10 score. None of the 0 or 1 scores/reviews makes sense to me, this game is a masterpiece no matter how you look at it. I have so high expectation in this game before release, and normally when you expected too much you will get disappointed; however, the quality of this game is beyond my imagination and I am happy with it. I am not a fanboy, there are tons of things I think can be improved in this game, but you have to admit that what Rockstar have achieved here is a technique magic.
    The other day I watched a review video, two guys in the video complained about implementing Tennis/Golf mini games in GTA 5, said no one cares about them and they just wanted to do more illegal things. Seems like it is impossible to make a change and satisfy everyone now days.
  10. Jan 11, 2014
    Don't get me wrong, this is a great game. Is it the hail almighty best fuc**** game ever? No.
    There's a lot of repetition within missions, and 2 of the 3 characters are very, VERY cliche. I ended up face palming many of the writer's lines.
    I would wait until the price goes to around 30-40$.
  11. Nov 5, 2013
    I'm not usually that into Rockstar's games. I bought GTA IV a couple of years ago and never really finished it. The missions to me seemed very cookie cutter. Drive to point on map. Get mission. Chase/escort/kill someone. Run from cops. Lather rinse repeat. I bought Red Dead Redemption hoping the bold change in setting would grant some bold change in gameplay. I tired of that game as well. When GTA V came out and received the same raving reviews as IV, I was still skeptical. To be honest, the push to buy this title was the GTA Online game. Engaging in sandbox chaos amongst my online counterparts seemed like the change that would bring me back into the fold. As everyone knows, the GTA Online portion was BROKE. So until Rockstar developed the proper patch to undo that mess, I figured I'd give the actual single player game a try. I thought multiplayer would be the GTA fix for me, but was I ever wrong. Heists. Heists are exactly what I was hoping for with GTA. Planning out these heists give such a gravity to the missions. Preparation no longer equals finding the right blip on the map to drive to in order to initiate the mission start cut screen. I'm all in on GTA V and running scores. Expand
  12. Sep 26, 2013
    I held off reviewing this game untill today because I truly wanted to experience everything the game had. I wanted to get emotionally involved with the characters, I wanted to get absorbed in the storyline, I wanted to laugh at the crazy antics, I wanted to see the vast array of missions, I wanted to see what the game as a whole had to offer. And let me tell you when I say this game is an outstanding success in every way. My personal experiences with GTA games haven't gone great, I've always felt that the majority of them were clunky pieces of design which were often over rated and irritating to play. But with GTA V, they've completely flattened out any issues with the other games I had and generally improved it in other things. We're not just talking about one of the best games ever, what we're experiencing here is one of the most amazing feats of interactive entertainment in the modern era. Nothing I've played video game wise, watched film wise or interacted with entertainment wise, has had me more involved or entertained then what this game did. Of course there are times where it's a bit crazy and it pushed the boat a bit far, but this game ISN'T designed for kids it really is that simple. A fantastic bow out for this generation of consoles. 10/10 for me. Expand
  13. Feb 10, 2014
    I myself at first had great fun with this title, yet the fun very much wears thin after an extremely short amount of time. You see, the game has so much, and believe me a lot of it is very appreciable and is fun, yet so so much of it is painfully sub-par. Allow me to make an example, in one mission playing as Trevor (who buy the way is a psychopath who should have far better things to do with his time, such as blowing up international airports and banging women) in which I had to blend into a work environment in order to plan a robbery, and this involved using a crane to stack crates. FOR HALF AN HOUR. THIS MONEY GRABBING, 9.5 ACTION AWESOME BADASS TITLE HAS ME STACKING CRATES AND A DOCK FOR HALF AND HOUR. GOD! I hope future titles in the Grand Theft Auto series have far less grindy nonsense than this overblown bore. Expand
  14. Sep 21, 2013
    This is such a good game. I thought i was going to hate the driving but it is amazing. Te graphics are so good from the waves in the ocean to the highest point of a mountain this game is beautiful. The gameplay is actually GREAT for a sandbox game. The shooting is great and so are the missions. The character switching was executed very well and it is a nice innovation.
  15. Sep 19, 2013
    Fulfilled my expectation. Definitely better than IV as the missions are much more varied and over the top. Vehicles are mostly fun however Voice acting is a bit off sometimes also most of the interiors still couldn't be accessed. I'd rather they reduce the size of that desert to do a better job on interior and underground levels design. This is the way to push the series forward. Missions are also feel way too linear at times, you would fail a mission if they just spot you, or you don't use the car the devs want you to. A true openess mission design would be appreciated the next installment. Two more weeks and the online will be released and I think that's the money they mainly spent on. Expand
  16. Sep 30, 2013
    GTA V is a giant masterpiece with close to no faults. It takes at least 80 hours to complete to 100%, the story is engaging, although a bit worse than GTA IV. Graphics are also impressive considering the age of Xbox and the scope of GTA. And it all runs fairly fluidly! Everyone should pick up this masterpiece. Everyone will find something to love (except butthurt PC fanboys).
  17. Sep 30, 2013
    This game so far is my second favorite game of the year first being The Last of Us however this is also the 2nd best game i have played this Gen and my favorite game on the Xbox 360. The games characters are unexpectedly really good and not what i expected.

The shooting mechanics are better than average however they are not outstanding.

Its story is amazing where normally open world
    games lack a story that grips the player but this was not the case with this game the story had me gripped and once i started i found it hard to stop playing.

it's driving mechanics are improved from GTA 4 but some cars still fell like driving a brick around but that normally it depends on the car.

However i believe this game is around about a 9-9.2 i believe it is not worth a 9.7 since it has done so many things right but the game had got minor flaws that i an afraid bring it down a bit.
  18. Sep 25, 2013
    I could probably write a short essay about how incredible Grand Theft Auto V is, but I'll keep it short.

A brilliant, perfect length story, with a fantastic cast, set in a living, breathing, open world makes sure that the story aspect of Grand Theft Auto V is good. A large array of vehicles, with great driving and a fun modification system covers the vehicle aspect. There are enough
    weapons available, most of which can be modified, to provide a good range, without things becoming confusing, and when combined with a decent cover system, the weapons seem perfect. The in-game radio and other media is wonderfully satirical, and shamelessly mocks aspects of modern society. The world is big enough to keep you exploring for a while, but not so big that it seems daunting to attempt such a feat.

There are some tiny imperfections; you can mark point of interest, but not label them, and the clothing system doesn't allow certain combinations. But these are so easily overlooked, they are insignificant.

This game is a masterpiece.
  19. LTR
    Sep 29, 2013
    This game is a masterpiece.The story is fantastic,the characters are awesome,the gameplay is really fun,the missions are really fun and the world is beautiful.
  20. Sep 17, 2013
    This.Game.Is.Great.The open world and new mechanics add a lot more depth into the game.The characters in the game are great and the world is huge.Even when your done with the game there is still so much to do and with the release of online coming soon why get a next gen console.Your gonna get hooked for months.Quick side note:To all the naysayers of this game play it before you rate it and then write a review.You give zeroes yet you don't know what its like because you have a pc.What ever its on doesn't effect it and will never effect it.So basically what im saying is don't rate the damn game unless you have actually played it. Expand
  21. Sep 18, 2013
    After serving three missions in the style of GTA Driver, you finally are free to do what you want. Driving is boring, your car no longer has that realistic control. Do you feel the Excite Trucks GTA. So you decide to walk around. But also if u decide to hit someone on the way, look out! One punch and the person dies It Prototype GTA
  22. Sep 24, 2013
    Everything that is good in gaming is present in this title. Every time I buy a game I want to be transported somewhere that will help me forget how crappy life is and somehow re claim that magic awesome sauce feeling of the salad days of my youth. Thats all present in GTA 5. A beautiful wide open world filled with all the tiny details minds like mine like to ponder over. Worth every penny I spent on it. Most games cant come close to that saying. Thank you Rockstar. I know you treat your employees like slave laborers BUT its really producing a pyramid of gaming. Expand
  23. Sep 20, 2013
    Really amazing evolution of the series, the radio station music is a bit of a letdown but the gameplay is excellent. I'm only 25% in so far but really liking the heists.

really didnt like Trevor at first but I gave him a big beard and some shades from ammunation and I swear he looks like Jack Nicholson now! Mucxh better
  24. Sep 30, 2013
    Perfect, perfect, perfect. Absolutely perfect mechanics, hilarious and deep dialog, the characters begin to feel real as their relations develop. The only glitches are rare and are not game breaking or easily exploitable. Rockstar did an excellent job with this one.
  25. Sep 20, 2013
    The best game of the generation, and possibly one of the best of all time. One epic crime story packed into the most amazinh game world ever been. Unmissable, this is the dream come true.
  26. Sep 18, 2013
    Rockstar has done it again. I will definitely be buying all the DLC and playing this amazing game for months to come. I'm not sure why there are so many low reviews but I guess haters gotta hate
  27. Sep 21, 2013
    Rockstar: Release GTA V on PC
    Because GTA is an amazing PC game and the idea of it not being on PC is a mistake!

Please, I must buy GTA 5, and not only me, but hundreds of thousands and even millions of PC players.! I'll take even a collector's edition. Just release it at least until the end of 2013, I want to play GTA 5.
  28. Sep 19, 2013
    GTA V. The last hoorah of the current generation consoles, and the fact that it's released only on the consoles is to me, it's biggest con. The game itself is utterly amazing, the characters are fun to play with, the game mechanics are smooth, the driving is a fun hybrid of GTA IV and San Andreas, the gun handling, aiming is all the best from all Rockstar Games, the amazing new features of stock exchanges and buying property add a lot of depth to the game. Scuba diving, hunting, tennis, biking, hiking, heists this game is pretty much all the best things crammed into one. The graphics are phenomenal and the best on Xbox and PS3 in my opinion.
    However, I think that bringing out this kind of hardware hard game was a mistake to bring out on the current gen consoles. Don't get me wrong the game works fine, but there are times when there are too many bullets shot at you, or the smoke covers up the screen ,or there are a lot of cars and characters in front of you that the game just lags. I think that it's this lag that really drags this game down from what otherwise would be the most perfect game ever created.
    Bring on the Next Gen and PC version Rockstar!
  29. Sep 19, 2013
    At the end of the day it's just the same as always (poor plot and funny open-world freedom) but with plenty plenty new cool features and improved graphics. The thing is that it will happen as with most of GTA games: people won't really end the game or enjoy the story itself. Anyway it is a great game with lots of cool features and possibilities. The best GTA until the date, probably. But that doesn't make it a perfect game. Expand
  30. Sep 20, 2013
    Five years ago I played GTA 4 and I really enjoyed it and while it wasn't perfect it was the next step in open world gaming. Two years ago I played Skyrim and thought it was the only game better at open world gaming than GTA 4. Now Skyrim is merely a pleasant memory because GTA 5 is here.

I started the game and was mildly disappointed with the start not that it's particularly bad it
    just wasn't what I waited five years for. However once the action moves to Los Santos the game is jump started into life and what unfolds is nothing short of a masterpiece and I go as far as to say it is the pinnacle of open world gaming.

You play as three characters giving a much greater variety in terms of the way the game is played and the ability to switch between characters means you can often skip those long drives back into the city. The Map deserves comment because it is huge and for once is totally accessible from the start which is a huge improvement from the ridiculous bridge closures of previous games. The missions are the best yet and revolve around Heists which are as exciting as they look in the trailers and have great replay value as they can be approached in a variety of ways. Mini games have been expanded and offer a good 20 minutes of distraction and with a vast array you could easily waste a day just playing them. The driving and shooting have been improved and mixed with the new special moves given to each character make for really exciting action sequences. Finally I have to welcome back the planes which are insanely fun and even though I'm a terrible pilot they provide a great way to get around.

In conclusion ignore the people who tell you it's just all the same because while, like the Elderscrolls series, it sticks to the core gameplay you loved back in 2001 it takes the gameplay and expands upon it in the most exciting ways possible in the process giving the gamer access to the most thrilling living breathing world available and I can't ask for any more.
  31. Sep 20, 2013
    *IMO* Rockstar focused too much on World design and not enough on game play. The weapons have no feel to them, The next unlocked tier of weapons is clearly better than the last, this coupled with the same mods copy and pasted to each weapon leaves a complete lack of tactical choice. There is a clear lack of diversity in the radio stations with pretty mediocre songs. You are also forced into missions without any prep time, possibly leaving you at a disadvantage. I lost a highly customized banshee due to this lack of thought in mission design. However, overall the Classic GTA fun is till there. Expand
  32. Sep 20, 2013
    Good game very beryGood game very beryGood game very beryGood game very beryGood game very beryGood game very beryGood game very beryGood game very be
  33. Sep 20, 2013
    First off the game is amazing. The story is also amazing. The reason why the game gets "bad framerate" is because they are pushing the limits on a majorly outdated console. If it were to get a perfect 30 fps then the graphics would look even worse. That is also why the loading times are long and the ground textures occasionally look like crap. Rockstar should have focused on a system that can handle what they were trying to accomplish; such as PC or the next get consoles. All of these current issues aside the game is great for what they can get away with on the current gen xbox and playstation. 10/10 gameplay. Expand
  34. Sep 20, 2013
    Its a good game, but why the hell would rockstar thing i would want to spend a mission doing yoga? Some of its pretty glitchy too (some ladders for example) and the switching between characters can get annoying. The popups in the corner telling me to download the app to teach the dog new tricks are ridiculous.
  35. Sep 20, 2013
    I have been having quite a lot of fun with the Grand Theft Auto franchise since my days with the original Playstation. I have always loved the level of freedom Rockstar has provided us gamers with so that we could put any insane virtual impulse to practice and have a good laugh about it.
    When I think about the time I spent with GTA IV, I remember that I had some conflicting impressions
    about the game itself: at the same time that I appreciated all the effort put into bestowing life upon Liberty City, and all the planning that went for erecting the plot (which I liked because of the critical perspective of the American Dream intelligently enabled by making use of the point of view of a foreign protagonist), I could not help but think about some elements that had been present in previous installments of the franchise (mostly San Andreas); namely the diversity of locations (mountains, countryside and sprawling highways in addition to the big-city-with-skyscrapers type of environment), the possibility of a more detailed customization of your character or your vehicles in order to adjust them to your liking, the presence of huge aircrafts to wreak havoc with; these things were not really possible in the world of GTA IV.
    A totally different scenario proves to be existent with Rockstar's latest masterpiece: in the very first hours of gameplay it becomes clear that the game is happy to provide the player with a deluge of possibilities, and the player (at least as far as my own personal experience with it) will most likely be happy to be engulfed by said potentiality of sheer fun and joy.

My main concern prior to actually purchasing and playing GTA V had to do with its bold implementation of three protagonists, rather than the established focus on a single person. Happily, after merely a few hours of gameplay, one can see that the tripartite way of telling stories works fantastically well; and it is praiseworthy to pull off such a thing as successfully creating three very distinctive characters that can even go so far as encourage you to have a unique play style for each one of them (a feat made possible by means of good character development).

Arguably, one of the most relevant elements of games in general is the gameplay itself, and I must say right off the bat that Rockstar once again scores a homerun: from selecting a radio station or weapon through a Red Dead Redemption-like wheel that slows down time, to moving or shooting or partaking in activities such as tennis or golf, everything seems to have fluidity; in effect, when comparing this game with its predecessor, it seems possible to assert that the developers have learnt a lot throughout the years and have improved upon every single aspect of their precious brainchild. Some people might take issue with that, though, in that some are saying that the driving mechanics as a whole is a lot worse than what we had with GTA IV. I believe this is very subjective, but my opinion is that, even though the driving was great in that game, GTA V makes things easier and, once again, more fluid. It makes driving more action-packed. Then again, people might disagree, this is but my personal account.

When it comes to graphics, suffice to say that there is nothing short of stunning in them. The developers have really mastered the technology that we have been using in this generation of consoles.

Well, I cannot talk much about the quality of the story itself, for I haven’t played that many missions (I’m afraid I more often than not get distracted by all the things I can do), but I am really happy with what I have seen thus far.

All in all, this is a true masterpiece and everybody who has the slightest interest in this kind of open-world genre should have a great time with this game. Just beware of your productivity (I mean it).
  36. Oct 1, 2013
    One word. Awesome.......................................................................................................................................................
  37. Sep 20, 2013
    I personally haven't finished the game yet, but it's perfect so far. I've had it since the release date, just haven't had time thanks to classes. But whenever I do get to play i play for hours on end and don't even notice. Great story. Great characters. Every gta game in one. I love it!
  38. Sep 21, 2013
    The game is one of the very few games which completely justifies the $60 price. This game has an amazing story, writing and gameplay. The driving is perfect and there is a lot of space to cover. This is also the best GTA yet and one of the greatest games of all time. The amount of stuff to do in this game is incredible and you will totally get lost into this living virtual world. Since it is a mainstream game, this game also gets a lot negative reviews from butthurt trolls, and it is not at all overrated. So what are you waiting for, go ahead and buy this game. Expand
  39. Sep 21, 2013
    Do not listen to any of the negative reviews, this game packs so much into one game. What really makes this game stand apart is in the details. Los Santos really feels like downtown LA. There is the constant hum from the highway and even sounds of someone racing down the highway much like here in AZ and I live next to the freeway. Going to the beach and hearing the waves lapping on the rocks looks and sounds like the real thing(i've been to the beach). Walking down the street you can eavesdrop on conversations, in one instance this girl was talking about getting breast reduction surgery, making it entertaining to just walk beside her hearing all about it. This game is so much more than just drive here, shoot here, it is a breathing and living city and you can do whatever the hell you want. Expand
  40. Sep 28, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto V is easily my favorite game in the series, and if not maybe my favorite game by Rockstar. It seems Rockstar has taken the best elements from Red Dead, Max Payne and Grand Theft Auto 4 to craft this. The shooting feels fluid, the country side is beautiful and there is endless ways to have fun in the city. If you want to do something in Grand Theft Auto 5, chances are you can do it. This game has had some of the most fun and insane missions from any open world game I've played (even beating Just Cause 2) Grand Theft Auto V is a definite buy or play. Expand
  41. Sep 24, 2013
    I been waiting for GTA V since 2011 and it was definitely worth the wait, the map is incredible the game itself is incredible there are "Easter eggs" which is very cool and I don't understand why there are so many negatives maybe because of butt hurt, trolls that vote negatively because of COD of something, however the game itself is the best game I've ever played and I hoping that the game will be released on the PC soon. Expand
  42. Sep 25, 2013
    The Best Game Ever...thought it might drop the frame rate sometimes the world is so big its easily forgivable 15 hours in and i've only seen 2/3 of the map
  43. Sep 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. When I first heard GTA V was to be released, I thought to myself, "eh" but after finally getting it a couple days after it came out I can confidently say that it will suck you in and not let go. The action is easily the best I've seen from the GTA series yet. If that's not enough for you, how about heists that you can pull off, robbing jewelry stores, assembling a heist team, place getaway vehicles, choose strategies for said heist and run for your life when the cops roll up. Easily the most customized options for any GTA yet which I was looking forward to. There is a gratuitous amount of sex, killing, blowing up, burning, torturing and more that I've yet to even discover yet. I'm at 25% after 15 hours, and I must say I'm loving every minute of it. Trade securities on the stock market, rob stores, use special abilities for each character, use team synergy to smoothly run a heist and even more. If you're still questioning as to if you should get this game, then I'm going to say what are you waiting for? Oh and Online play hasn't been released yet, but will be soon. That's a whole different world that no one has seen yet. Expand
  44. Sep 25, 2013
    GTA V is... disappointing. Don't misunderstand me, it's still a good action game. In fact, it'll would be a great game if the game wasn't entitled "Grand Theft Auto". Before continuing, I have to say that I couldn't rate this game without comparing it to his predecessor, GTA IV.

For me, GTA IV was a big step in the evolution of the series. Not only the story became credible as it turn
    out to be an excellent critical view of the contemporary American society (protagonist who did not finished billionaire and leader of the world, secondary characters and friends with terrific personalities and backgrounds), but the graphics were improved and the game play became realistic as well (movements, driving). I big step indeed from the GTA III era.

But still, some people thought that some things were missing. Like planes and money value per example. GTA V promised to brings back the possibilities and actions from San Andreas and bring the most biggest map playable until today.

I bought the game, the 17th September like any true fan. But, two days later, without fully knowing it at the time, I wasn't that much enjoying the game. The characters backgrounds are really "cliché" and minimalist. Plus, it is very difficult to immerse in a world who wants to be a "virtual re-creation of real life", when the element of story ask you to go out in the desert, steal (alone) an army jet, kill the passengers (still alone) and make it explode in mid air while your jumping out of it doing a quadruple back flip in a jeep before literally kicking yourself out of the vehicle to land safely with minimal damage of the balcony of your mansion.

On the game play level now. One of the first missions is to steal a sports car. The game introduce you to driving. At high speed, I make my first left in trying to follow what looks like to be my partner. No accident, in fact when I turn right on the next intersection, I understood that I could easily turn at 120 mph without any problem. But at the third turn, I made an accident, crashed into a wall and hurting to death a young women on the way. The car did not seems to had any majors scratches... and the bloodstains!! I think the engine of PS2 does better than this! But at the same time, try to look, sitting on some any vinewoods hill mansion's roof the city of Los Santos at midnight... what a view... seriously... you can see the blur effect of the car light at a distance, it's completely different from the bloodstain that is still on your car just two foots behind you. That's what's GTA V is about, irregularities.

They promised a huge map... seriously, the huge map, you got it! But what does that means? Is it even a "good" point? I mean... Shadow of the Collossus had a huge map (people who played the game probably know what I mean). Shadow of the Collossus had an huge map, but with nothing really in it, but at least the emptiness of the map had a purpose for the player make him feel lonely. That's not what you really wanted in what is supposed to be the virtual Los Angeles... it is big, but empty. GTA IV had more pedestrians than GTA V. And the activities!? You'll have 100 hours of game play, they promised... Much activities! Well you can try to play the cheap golf mini-game, but after one game, maybe you prefer to play Tiger Woods PGA tour next time you have an urgent need of playing golf. The Tennis! it's cool, but the IA... what a fool... But hey, you can even hunt! Hunt..? Like animals? Yeah, like animals! So you can hunt them take them back as a trophy!? Well... not really. But you can shoot them! Oh... so like in Red Dead Redemption, shoot them for meats and sell it, cool... Hum... not that either... by shooting them, I meant... shooting... them... period... Oh...

The games want you to think that there is much to do out there, but it is simply an illusion. The game is fun, even if it seems that I saw just bad things in the game. No, the missions are probably the most exciting in all the series, but it sacrifices the immersion, the credibility. The fact that they are three protagonists isn't a bad idea, but you don't take a liking in any in particular, meaning that you don't want to spend more time than needed with any of the three of them.

I could go on and on, but I have to stop at some point, and that point is now. To finish, saying that the game worth a 0 out of 10 is purely childish, but to give it 10/10 well... let's say that some people are easy to please. Like I said, I give 7/10 because it is a GTA, and from a GTA, I had more expectations. If that's the orientation that the series choose to take well... you won't be seeing me, in the next few years, in a line waiting for the VI, like you don't see me in a line waiting for Call of Duty.
  45. Sep 25, 2013
    Overall, a disappointment in singleplayer. Pro's More Vehicles Los Santos Customs Planes Massive open world map Buy-able Businesses Stock Market Cons Characters you cannot relate to. Side activities are dull. Police are impossible to Survive getting away from. Helicopter handling is awful. Not enough health Terrible Frame rate. Loading times take too long. Aim reticule is a tiny dot that is very hard to see.
    Unexplained reasons for the Balla's owning Grove st.
    Yes, I'm not one of the sheep giving this game a perfect score because of the logo on the box. Time to wake up to the reality that this game is just another GTA 4, except a lot less fun, as for multiplayer time will tell. 6/10 Singleplayer score. Hopefully Multiplayer is a thousand times better then the dissapointing single player.
  46. Sep 25, 2013
    To anyone concerned with the nature of the content, this game is at it's core a satire. That is how I would explain the crude stereotypes that are make up most of the supporting characters. The violence in the game is explained in a very different way. With the exception of Franklin, who kinda is a stereotype, but definitely a likable one, Michael and Trevor are portrayed as sick twisted individuals. This game doesn't justify violence, it uses the violence to indicate just how on the edge these two characters are. Moments like one later in the game with Michael's daughter, indicate the effect that violence has on peoples life. In a minor mission, She calls you because she is scared of a stalker so you go help her. When you find the guy you chase him down. He says he's going to leave her alone, however you don't know if you can trust this guy and you just wanna protect your daughter, so you hit the guy till he stops moving. Once you get back to your car, your daughter is horified at what you did, she just wanted you to talk to him. It was a moment where I knew I had gotten caught up with the game and gone to far, but really, its just evidence that some morality does exist, and if read through the correct lens, this is maybe the least offensive GTA game ever. Expand
  47. Sep 26, 2013
    These days we get so used to game industry hyping there next game up to be the best, ground breaking, especially the big triple A franchise's, unfortunately we are also familiar with these games not really living up to the hype, but every now and again we get something very special..

Let me begin by saying GTA V is something very special, and one of the few games I can honestly say
    actually exceeds its pre launch hype, GTA V is not just a game its masterpiece! Now I understand the word "MASTERPIECE" is a very strong word but just like in the case of "THE LAST OF US" I think its more than deserved.

GTA V is the child of all the other Rockstar titles before it, you can see that R* haven't just been churning out titles and bathing in the profits, they have experimented and learned from everything that's gone before and this is the result.

The driving/combat mechanics have both been tweaked to an outstanding level, the combat is fluid and fun and you always feel connected to person your playing, more on that latter but they have done a great job here, the driving is the best yet of a GTA title, infact its the best of any title of its genre I've played, I say that because it does 2 things very well.. A) its fun, satisfying and at times intense, and B) it works well in the world it exists in, its never going to be Iracing but it works great in its setting, this tied with huge AI improvements makes for a nice experience, driving down the freeway having traffic traveling at believable speeds is a joy! When traffic is in full flow it can take a few seconds to overtake unless your in one of the super cars, standing on the side of the freeway you can feel the speed of the traffic its quite impressive. Would I change anything? of corse im not saying its a driving sim here, the brakes are to powerful on all cars
    Being my biggest gripe but like I said we're not talking expecting racing sim here standards here.

The new character switching new to GTA V is exceptionally well done, it was a brave move by R* to go down this route but they nailed it here and it pays off in bundles, switching from character to character never breaks the immersion and loading times are incredible all things considered, this new mechanic opened up the whole storyline making it possible for R* to not just simply offer 3 story lines and mission lines for the price of one but really flesh out the overall story and give a depth to that story that has never been achievable up untill now.

I could go on for ages talking about the things that GTA V does well, the love and commitment that has been thrown into it, its everywhere, the attention to detail is incredible, from the superb AI in the way it interacts with you and also the world around it, lure a shark into the beach and swimmers scream and race to the safety of the beach, one of my favourite pastimes is driving about in a convertible giving peds the middle finger and watching there reactions the fact that the anti crash buffers on the concrete lane dividers on the highways actually work by absorbing impact like its real life counterpart, the level of detail is incredible, it will have your jaw still hitting the floor long after the first few days of gameplay. The huge amount of things you can do is also very impressive and well done, the work thats gone into simply riding a rollercoaster for example, its not something that's just been thrown in to fill the game out its all received the same loving attention to detail.

However all this isn't the reason why GTA V is a masterpiece, its real secret is how all these beautifully crafted features are brought together into a package and how that package forms a living breathing world, most games run with a theme and nail bits on for good measure and to fill there features list, GTA V is very different in that all these little details create what it is, its an absolute joy to cruise down the road on a sunny day and let the game immerse you in its world, i'm a big fan of living breathing gaming worlds and this is by far the best ive ever experienced and by a good margin to.

The well written story is seamlessly cradled by the world its set in, something that is very rare, to capture that level of immersion and still give the player full freedom is a very fine line but R* have nailed it here, getting the player to fully immerse is a very difficult thing, thats what made TLOU the game it is, not for having any new super special mechanic, it just made you believe! And although these two games should not be compared you simply cannot ignore the fact that R* have hit that fabled sweetspot of a believable living breathing world where the story fits perfectly into it..

GTA V is a package loving sculpted into a rare masterpiece, and to say they did all this on current gen console specs is nothing short of witchcraft, titles like this don't come around to often so soak it up and enjoy it...

GTA V is a incredible achievement and a important milestone
  48. Sep 27, 2013
    Overall, the best GTA title to date, with the best characters for this type of game (no overdramatic story which doesn't fit with anything that the player is encouraged to do...I'm looking at you GTA IV), some of the best mission variety so far, incredibly fun handling where cars don't feel like old trucks sliding around on ice, incredibly good max payne-like shooting, a rich and massive environment that feels truly alive. Rockstar has basically nailed pretty much every core concept, as well as every minor one. People nitpicking that a game this massive might lack one or two elements from the previous games...get real. There is no sucg thing as perfection, but the game still deserves a 10 for managing to pull of everything it set out to. Expand
  49. Sep 27, 2013
    Anyone who can't appreciate the sheer size and scope of this game, as well as the fantastic interweaving storylines, is a fool in my book. GTA V is an incredibly satisfying and immersive experience.
  50. Sep 27, 2013
    I made an account just so i could review this game.

XBOX 1 quality game on the 360, the people at Rockstar show we don't need a next gen system to get better graphics. Why do we need a xbox 1 and ps4 when the 360 can crank right along side them when a studio actually puts the work in. I've played the xbox 1 and ps4, GTA 5 looks as good as AC black flag or Rise. So i ask why do we need
    new consoles?

Graphically it's the best looking game I've seen since I've bought an xbox360.(stop and think about this) Better then MW2 and better then Mass Effect 2 and skyrim and Assassins Creed 2. There is nothing about this game you can find fault with. I can't think of a game that does a better job of doing what GTA5 does. 3rd person shooter with cover system, better then Ghost recon, gears of war. Gun battles way better then COD and BF, 10/10. Story mode as good as skyrim easy. 10/10. Driving 10/10 better then forza horizon and probably more cars oh and bikes and bicycles, and boats, turn the lights off and on, put the tops up and down customize it, smash it, steal another one.. Flying 10/10 more realistic then ace combat. this game actually has wind and turbulence. gun selection and customization 10/10, RPG character customization, progression 10/10.

The storey, 3 main characters that easily could have their own game with the amount of content each has. By far the most diverse backgrounds ever. Trevor in particular, his missions are by far the most Hollywood and the best in the game. No mission in this game is boring and you will probably want to do multiple playthoughs just because it's so dang fun. 67 or so missions and not one of them is boring, stop and consider that! 67, I don't even think counting the side missions.

There is an overwhelming attention to detail never been done before. There is so much of it everyone has raised their criticism level to absurdity. You cannot put a shooting game, driving game, action or any game you can think of next to GTA5 not see how it beats everything at what it's suppose to specialize in. The computer AI alone is the best ever done. The cops tactically box you in every time no matter where you are on the map, go off road? they send in the choppah and swat repels from ropes. Los Santos has its own soul so similar to southern California it's scarey, i know because i live there. Flying in a plane over Los Angeles or San Diego at night looks just like it does in GTA5, right down to the yellow floods lighting the highways. The stock market, the television shows, the radio stations, traffic jams, people walking on the sidewalks, random events, everything about this game is just blowing everyone's mind so bad they can't comprehend what they are seeing. You can't bash something no one has ever done before which is attention to detail so high, Rockstar artists have to be boarder lining compulsive attention disorder and not taking their meds while drawing Los Santos.

All other games now have to compared to GTA5. it's now the pinnacle of what a game can be. I hope other studios "rise" to the challenge because it's just going to make everyone look real stupid when they put out a game on the xbox 1 or ps4 and it's not as good as this.

I urge everyone buy this game, play it till your eyes bleed and then say "thank you sir may i have another!" when GTA online goes live which is included with the game for free.
  51. Sep 27, 2013
    10/10, The only thing you can give a game with so much time that was put into it.
    Rockstar thought of everything. Tennis, parachuting, jets and heists, you name it.
    There are some issues, mostly because of the age of the consoles but still to make that good looking game on 6 year old consoles. They deserve everything they have, because they have made a second game that is the highest
    rated game on Metacritic. Well done Rockstar, well done. Expand
  52. Sep 27, 2013
    Its the same of all time, but its ok. By the way, the online has not released yet, but I think it will be very similar with GTA IV, just as I say it, the same of all time.
  53. Sep 28, 2013
    There's no real reason that I shouldn't love this game, but something is missing. Maybe it's that there seem like there are more 'fetch' missions. Maybe it's just that you notice a fetch mission when it's sprawled out a much larger universe than Liberty City. The characters are kind of boring. I find myself skipping the cut scenes. The humor isn't quite there. It's technically great, and everything is as big and beautiful as I would have imagined. And maybe some of it is me intentionally doing the side missions in an attempt to delay finishing the game. I'm sure there is a ton of stuff that I just haven't seen yet, though I'm almost all of the way through the game. Finding Patrick McReary was a nice touch. Most of the controls are okay for me, though swimming is frustrating as hell, and there have been a few times when I couldn't just get them to go down three feet without spinning around in giant loops. I don't like switching to Trevor to find him already being pursued by the cops. I'll decide when I want to provoke a fight with the cops. Don't worry, Rockstar, it'll happen, but I might have something I want to do, and don't feel like accidentally walking into a car chase. Especially if you are going to make losing the police much harder in this version. Though I do appreciate that it is much harder to ditch the cops.
    I like the game a lot, but I don't like it as much as GTA IV, and while it is technically in another dimension, I don't have as much fun as I did with San Andreas.
  54. Sep 30, 2013
    Most negative reviews on this game are fakes by trolls. You shouldn't listen to most of them. This is truly a masterpiece in gaming. The world size is so much larger and detailed than GTA IV. The graphics push current-gen hardware to the limits. IGN said that RockStar had improved GTA V from GTA IV in nearly every way, and I completely agree. They added realism where it was necessary, such as actually being able to destroy most planes at the airport, and removed realism where it was not necessary, such as being able to flip an overturned car easily. The world is so much more vibrant than the dull city from GTA IV. The stock market is genius, as what you do in the open world can allow you to deliberately affect the stock market to your advantage. The use of three characters keeps you interested in their personalities.

I strongly recommend this game to anyone who is a Grand Theft Auto fan, enjoys open-world games, or anyone else who wants to see something realistic and fun. Remember, many of the negative votes are unreliable, and are from trolls/haters. Give the user score time to improve, hoping more reliable reviews come in.
  55. Oct 4, 2013
    This game is Great! Why only a seven out of ten? Because a seven out of ten is good! This game achieves many things. The easiest way to explain it is like this. Imagine San Andreas had a child with GTA 4, it took the mother's eyes, and personality, but the father's loves,and passions. This is what GTA 5 is, i mix between the best of GTA San Andreas and GTA 4 to make a behemoth of a game. But, and this is a stinky but. The script, and characterization are total crap! GTA 4 was witty, cynical, and interesting, meanwhile GTA 5 is filled with toilet humor. Apart from the the game isn't very creative, and does little to change the formula. Sure i can play as three different characters, but when does character's scripts are no more complex than And their arcs are more like angles it makes little difference. It's fun in gameplay to switch between people, but it's not different enough to be praised as much as it is. And after 7 games in the same series, all just being slight upgrades of the others, i would have expected perfection by now. If this was a new IP I would praise it and tell them to keep going and try to improve. But considering this how old this series now is i just want to say one thing to Rockstar. Maybe you guys should stop beating this horse, because you have almost killed, but time after time you fail to finish it off. Buy a new horse and maybe with the experience you got from the old one you can kill this one quickly. Expand
  56. Oct 3, 2013
    The overall experience in the in-game economics, and also potential gun play missions attracted me to this game. For one, almost nowhere is off-limits if you don't get caught, and weapons can be customized. I enjoy the fact that you are able to switch between characters. The citizens is also not just walking aimlessly around, and seems to have a personality. These are all the good points, and the parts that makes it enjoyable for me. A lot of work were put in with the world itself.

Some people might call this blasphemy, but GTA V is not what I expected. As an adult, who used to mingle in circles with biker gangs and miners, I can honestly say the amount of using "f$%" in one minute is completely out of the acceptable level. Yes, as an adult you don't let kids play this, but, they can still hear. I play games with proper sound on to enjoy it. Also have a job and don't play much during the week, so on weekends I have to play this on near mute

The sex scenes is also completely unnecessary. It felt to me the script and story were written by young virgins. There is a fine line between controversial and just plain trashy. A great game does not need this kind of content to make it sell. See my first paragraph. If it was left as side missions, where it's up to the player to discover, it's ok but making it part of the main plot is, well, losing the plot.

Last complaint, the battle mechanics is really not up to scratch as with other 3rd player games. Yes, people use the term "But it's open world". Look at Infamous and Batman for comparison. Not to mention the upcoming Watchdogs. This part I felt was neglected.

I won't comment on the driving. For me it's ok, since I don't really do driving games. If I can avoid it I use the taxi or aircraft. But this is a matter of taste, and I am sure most people play this game just for this part.

Overall I think the hype sold it. It has a huge fanbase, but this is definitely not for everyone.
  57. Oct 8, 2013
    The only reason why I'm giving GTA5 a neutral rating is because I'm unsure, it's way to hyped but that's to be expected, it's a R* game, ITS GTA., that being said the game it self is ok at best, beat it afue hours ago, the story was.... above average at best, it was obvious to see where it all was going before it went there and I for one don't like predictable games, game play was the same as any GTA, default auto-aim unless changed and the free aiming sucks, melee combat is clunky and slow with poor hit detection and the driving is as unrealistic as always, music channels and the songs in them are very poor and almost seems rushed and the movement isn't much improved compared to the past games but I did like the idea of 3 character switching in the middle of doing a Heist, the abilities the characters have are useful but pointless because I rarely used them and the skills didn't seem to make a huge difference in the games play style so those didn't matter really either, the multiplayer of GTA Online I can't rate or talk about because my char is level 10 and by the looks of it I won't get any higher because I either have session problems with timing out or being kicked off or I get kicked from games for no reason that I can see. All in all its worth playing but not worth paying full price for. (thank god my friend bought me mine) Expand
  58. Oct 8, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is the Rockstar's masterpiece. The other games that came after are crap. They lost a great oportunity to make a great epic like San Andreas, but they ruined it.

The main campaign is too short because of the online game. They created a beautiful game, but forgot that it will run on old hardware.

I hope that Rockstar relaunch the Grand Theft Auto: San
    Andreas, with improved graphics and the new shotter mechanics. Expand
  59. Oct 9, 2013
    After completing and playing almost every aspect of this game, it brings a lot to the table compared to a lot of modern games. The improvements of the franchise compared to IV are amazing. Grand Theft Auto: Online is great fun, and it is great how you can make private sessions with your friends and do activities with them. The downsides are quite obvious with anyone who has tried to connect to online, it has encountered a massive server problem and lots of people's characters disappeared, some are quite angry about it, especially those who have made a lot of progress in it. Rockstar stated they would fix it, and with the amount of people that bought the game, it's unsurprising that online encountered a problem. The game is fun and tells a good story, which gives the player an experience that is worth the price they pay. Expand
  60. Oct 10, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto V is an amazingly beautiful game, but fails to capture me in the story and character development. If this game wasn't a sandbox, Id rate it even lower.
  61. Ogr
    Oct 14, 2013
    GTA V is a huge open-world-game filled with tons of stuff to do. Everything about this game is already said, so to cut a long story short: GTA V makes fun, it makes fun to cruise around and switch from one character to another etc., but I must admit that I don't like the story oft GTA V and all in all it's "just" another Grand Theft Auto. There are some new things of course, but they don't give me a feeling of playing a new game. After playing GTA III, Vice City, San Andreas, GTA IV this game gives me not much except doing everything I already knew from the older games very well.
    So GTA V plays very well, but still I hope for more innovation for the next Rockstar game.
  62. Oct 19, 2013
    the game in its self isn't bad has some good story and the characters are well made but it has poor driving and codes all and all its a game with potential but due to these massive flaws its just not worth getting they also left out some good things they put in other games like the hydra fighter jet and replaced with with a normal less fun one that runs out of fuel can't say I'm impressed with it the big thing being its to easy to die in a crash I hit a car in a low speed and it nearly killed me at full health you spin out easy and its also hard to keep from bashing up the car so bad the wheels lock making it impossible tyo get away from even a 2 star wanted level Expand
  63. Oct 21, 2013
    GTA V is a reasonably good game, great graphics, good story-line, able to immerse myself quite easily. Online segment is good, but not great, some bugs and connectivity issues, but then with tens of millions of people trying to join at once, what do you expect?

10/10 would buy again (and I am, on PC)
  64. Oct 21, 2013
    Well i think this game was good but did not really live up to its expectation i really did not enjoy the story although the heist was something new and refreshing but i wish there was more heists the mechanics were really improved and i really enjoyed leveling up my character by doing side activities.I was really surprised that the side missions where better than some missions in the story line.I did not think that rockstar put a lot of time in the wilderness and i was really boring just walking in the wilderness but Los Santos was a really nice city walk around in but losing the heat while trying to kill civilians was really annoying i thought that the side activities where good enough.GTA online was a really big disappointment i just got bored of it because it felt like a grind to make just 50.000 without getting bored even with friends i got boring and i forgot on thing and that was that everything felt depressing at least in the single player where everyone is angry,poor,stupid and sex addicted trevor was just a prick and a letdown like most of the game was. Expand
  65. Oct 21, 2013
    DO NOT! I REPEAT DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS RUBBISH ASS GAME. From the 12 hours it takes to dl to your system, to the items you worked hard for but are just "missing", and the saves you made when you go to level 20 but is no longer there, Rockstar entertainment has stooped as low as the creator of diablo 3 which up to date was worst release ever. If this starts to become a trend, game companies selling fake games we shall have to together and put them out of business. rockstar gobble a giant dick Expand
  66. Oct 24, 2013
    GTA 5 is easily the best game of this generation and any review that gives it a 0 is clearly not serious in any way shape or form. Rockstar have created a masterpiece on very ageing systems and have squeezed as much potential that gamers didn't even know existed as this game pushes the boundaries and excels past any title in existence on the 360 and PS3.

The wonderful location, the
    stunning characters and intriguing story make this an amazing experience. The sheer attention to detail is unreal and the story just flows beautifully. The fun factor combined with the online feature is just brilliant and can be enjoyed for hours day after day.

In terms of longevity; the game does lack once the main story is completed as a solo player. You have a few minor missions which offer little in interest or fun, the mini games tire after a while and most of the city becomes obsolete which is a shame. The customisation isn't quite as in-depth as Saints Row and I feel R* gave a false impression when we assumed you could purchase properties dotted around the city when you only have fixed safe houses. With no gang territories to capture; the City can feel bare on completion so DLC may be a necessity and considering how much of the stunningly detailed city is untouched; I think it's a distinct possibility.

Despite the flaws; this game pushes the consoles to the limit and surpasses anything we've seen in this generation.
  67. Oct 25, 2013
    It's an amazing game but sadly some trolls are making it look like a decent game. It's also a very big map and has many things to explore. Just watch out for a Mexican gang in the wilderness though. Not the best game in history but definitely one of the best!
  68. Oct 27, 2013
    This game seriously can't be praised enough!! I'm constantly in shock in regards to how big the world is and how much you can do. The story is incredible, the voice talents are phenomenal and the game play is second to none. I have been a hard core gamer for many many years. I can honestly say this game has is definitely in my top 5 of all games played. We need to reward game studios for their efforts because it encourages them to push the boundaries and provide us with hours of enjoyment. I hope they come out with DLC... I'm not ready for the Los Santos story to end anytime soon!! Expand
  69. Oct 29, 2013
    This game is beautiful. The graphics are a huge improvement from GTA 4 and I believe that it is on of the best games of the generation. There is always something to do, steal a jet, jump off mount Chiliad, the possibilities are endless. 10/10
  70. xa4
    Nov 3, 2013
    All what I'm disappointed in GTA5 is the terrible score users gave it, and GTA5 deserves a perfect score of 10/10 or atleast a 9 to be fair. Honestly, I hope all those awful people who gave it a zero must be some sort of a special retard 'cause they don't know what they're talking about!! Please retards, it's already hard enough to not use mean words and bad language on you morons...

Right, back too the review...

If you played every game out there that exists on xbox, you should probably know how flawless and excellent GTA5 runs on the 360 system for such a outrageously huge game with tons of features, story contexts, beautiful graphics, gameplay dynamics and physics etc.

GTA5 is simply just a spectacular piece of art by Rockstar© and I salute to them for such a wonderful achievement of a title in gaming history.

And please to those who haven't played GTA5 yet, don't believe what the retarded morons of noobville has to say of this great establishment in gaming.

Ps. This game is not for the faint hearted, and if you don't like it then don't review it! 'Cause then it is not meant for your liking....
  71. Dec 11, 2013
    The had a few disapoinments at the start on the online servers but since then the game has changed my opinion by being given 500k and the new stimulus package.I would rate the game as 8 out of 10
  72. Dec 10, 2013
    IGN gave this game a 10/10 meaning the games prefect right? no, if it was prefect it wouldn't have terrible pop in textures while driving a car somewhat fast or random ass glitches I've experienced and don't get me started on the online problems and load times. The game is still very good and kept me entertained for a while but once completed i thought it could have gone on a bit longer. its worth a buy but remember its not flawless.. Expand
  73. Jan 21, 2014
    Best game I have played!

Ratings:

Graphics: 9/10

Storyline: 7/10

Gameplay: 10/10

Characters: 10/10

Instead of buying a next gen console and replacing it, go ahead and buy this for the next year or two!
  74. Jan 7, 2014
    This is the best game I have ever played, the story is great, and hilarious, and the side missions are just great, for example strangers and freaks. But it's not only the missions and the side missions, the map is huge so it's awesome just cruising in a muscle all around los santos. This game should get a WAY better score then it does.
  75. Feb 20, 2014
    Best Game Everrrrrr!!! The games story wasn't the best but it was just so fun and just the humongous size of the map was very impressive. The graphics were also very good and it had some funny parts in it that just make you laugh. I have never liked the auto aim and i didn't like it here but it was fine since I was still able to get passed all the levels.
  76. Jan 16, 2014
    Undoubtedly the best GTA game thus far. The freedom this game gives the player is unmatched and it looks better than GTA4. The characters are entertaining The aiming is shoddy, but this is GTA... The aiming and combat is hardly an emphasis. This game is all about freedom and chaos. Within the first 30 hours of playing this game, I'd have given it a solid 10. There really are no games quite like it. Playing online with a car full of friends, reeking havoc, buying apartments, and customizing cars, was thoroughly fun for a while. I recommend this game to anyone looking for a casual yet chaotic gaming experience that they can enjoy with their friends. It is not the best thing since sliced bread, however this is very fun for a while. Expand
  77. Jan 20, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. love the game until the last update that took all my money away that I got legally for online and on story mode dropped my the three guys for me down to one dollar Expand
  78. Feb 24, 2014
    Tbh.... I was disappointed with this game. I haven't even finished it yet, and I have had it since release day. as I played this game, I didn't feel any sense of progression at all. There also doesn't seem to be any clear villain or goal to work towards. On the other hand, sucker punching someone from behind is damn satisfying so it is quite a good stress reliever, but that doesn't save it from the boring plot and bland characters. Expand
  79. Mar 2, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V.. Compared to IV Is easily the most overhyped game I've seen in a while. The things it does better firstly, is obviously the graphics, they are beautiful and reflective and pushes these ageing consoles to their max. But some textures on clothes were really muddy looking. And that's it... Now the things it fails on. Story: unlike able protagonists, all three of them, didn't really feel like authentic people more of a exaggeration of stereotypes. The story is the same Rockstar trend. Work for someone, get betrayed, get revenge. So it feels uninspired.

Gameplay: what has changed? It's still your third person cover shooter, requires no skill what's so ever all you have to do is run to a good cover spot, peek out, and do a head shot. Wow, and what's the point of all these weapons? It's easy as **** anyways. Not like there is different styles to play through with.
    "Silencers" rigggght about that, well that never worked.
    I like the driving, but wish they improved the crash physics, this isn't NFS I want, it would be far more immersive if they had the sense of urgency to not crash in high speed chases, but hey if your going 200 mph and hit another car? Just a scratch, cars most have one strong body shell huh.

Content: well yes it has a fair bit of hours packed into this game, but it's unrewarding, seriously I'm gonna collect all this for TEN DOLLARS?? Lol, that was a waste of time, a lot of the side missions are collectibles, like it's not really my favourite thing in the first place, but al least far cry 3 gave you XP, this is they give you money. The economy in this games is pointless, buy all these landmarks and do Repititive missions for and not be able to go into the club you own?

To keep it shorter, I'm a single player gamer and this is the most uninspired, waste of time. If you want an amazing single player game? This is not it.
  80. Nov 10, 2013
    I wanted to take my time before I put down words on this game. First of all I want to say I've been waiting for the opportunity to do GTA mission with other players for well over ten years. The game "does" deliver this capability but it feels like minimal effort was put into this aspect of the game. All in all, this online launch feels, at best, half-assed. The impression that I get is that Rockstar is simply using this online release as nothing more than an extended beta-test so they can shake down all the bugs, balance issues and exploits for the Xbox One, PS4 and PC launches down the road.

I've never, in my life experienced something as frustrating as having dozens of hours of online gameplay progress disappear without warning. The deathmatch game modes are, at best, lackluster. The racing is ultimately frustrating and annoying. The mission variety feels repetitive and bland. The versus missions ultimately feel unbalanced and like they lack play-testing.

The world it's self is however, truly magnificent. A true joy to explore and interact with other players in.
  81. Oct 3, 2013
    GTAV is the best game if all time. Even with the early connectivity issues for the GTA Online, it is an amazing experience, just so easy to get consumed in the Los Santos world. Actually completing missions, or just murdering randoms, then escaping from police, this game is a must buy. Anyone who doesn't like this game is not alive or has never actually played it.
  82. Nov 6, 2013
    This game is wonderful. From story to multi-player, everything feels polished and well thought out.

I have had more fun on this game than I have in years. Welcome back GTA.
  83. Oct 24, 2013
    GTA 5 took the atmosphere and color of San Andreas to make a real immersive game. The online mode is still in need of fixing, but I can't think of any games that had a successful online mode at launch. Only compliant is that there are next to no ways to make good money in the game. SURE the stock market is a cool thing but how do I get more to invest? Remember the Vigilante Missions, Firefighting, Ambulance, and pimping missions from GTA San Andreas? Sure it doesn't fit into the realism aspect but that's how me made in the last series.

Overall a good buy but very hard to make money in game. Still worth a buy.
  84. Oct 6, 2013
    I am only rating this as a response to all the dummies that gave it a 0 or a 1 just to try and bring the score down. Rate stuff accurately you idiots, otherwise this site becomes useless. The game is in the range of 8 to 10 depending on particular elements. A 0 or 1 rating would suggest it is one of the worst games of all time. Really?
  85. Oct 9, 2013
    The Good: Typical GTA in every respect. Some things are better than GTA 4 such as map size. Gameplay mechanics are good. Graphics are decent.

The Bad: The character development processes like tennis and exercising are boring. Degrading to Blacks and Americans in general especially considering it was created by the British. The game really trashes America with terrible stereotypes and is
    very politically polarizing in every aspect.

What is a hot mess is the Multiplayer. If you can get on you faced data loss that might include your cash, cars, purchases such as weapons and property and even your character itself. Really bad character creation process. Hopefully this will continue to improve as a recent update was released.

Summary: If you bought this for the single player campaign and are a thick skinned GTA fan you may be pleased. There are deftly better games out there such as Saints Row 4, Metro Last Light, Bioshock Infinite and The Walking Dead Telltale Series.

If you buy this for the multiplayer you will need to be patient.

The super positive user reviews are obviously written by GTA fans and employees. I'm sure some real money was invested in the "professional" reviews. This game does not warrant 8 or above especially in light of the multiplayer.
  86. Jan 23, 2014
    Rightly or wrongly GTA IV has come in for a fair amount of criticism over the last of couple of years. It is clear from the outset that Rockstar have looked to address the majority of the issues raised with regards to the previous entry in the series and, for the most part, they have been successful at doing so. One big change is that, with three separate characters to control, the developers have decided to take things much less seriously. Very few missions now involve simply driving to a location, shooting the bad guys, and then driving back for example. New ideas and concepts are introduced constantly throughout the game providing greater variety of missions, some of which are truly outlandish and great fun to play. The driving and shooting mechanics, which have never been the series strongest assets, have also seen a significant overhaul making for a vast improvement in the minute to minute gameplay.

If I was to nitpick I would have two small areas that I found slightly disappointing. The first is the music as, despite a selection of around 15 radio stations to choose, from I found very few songs that I wanted to listen to. I accept this will of course be down to personal preference but a bit more variety wouldn’t have gone amiss. My second criticism would be the fact that the story is completely linear. I wasn’t expecting the freedom of choice afforded by games like Mass Effect but it would have been nice to have some say in a few of the decisions being made by my characters (other than the A or B option given when tackling heists of course). In the end though these nitpicks, and the fact that its not overly different to its predecessors, can’t detract from what is certainly a top notch single player experience.

As for the online mode, well for me at least, it doesn’t really deliver on its promise. Exploring the city with friends and competing in races and deathmatches, as well as working together to tackle a number of co-op missions, provides a far more substantial experience than many games but it is often just more frustrating than fun. Setting aside the significant early problems the there are just too many issues to have to deal with. Whether it be people continually spawn killing you for no reason (safe mode doesn’t work as you can still be killed when in a vehicle or when someone runs you over), being unable to join friends missions or online hackers giving themselves millions of dollars and/or making themselves invincible I quickly found I simply couldn’t be bothered with it.

This of course doesn’t detract from the main game, and it could be a good few years until we see anything as ambitious or with such scope on the next gen consoles. Save your money and buy GTA V instead, you won’t regret it.
  87. Oct 7, 2013
    If you're the average twenty-something, you've probably become a little jaded and bored of the same old thing every year with sequels. Grand Theft Auto V definitely delivers more of the same, but it also offers way more than I would ever have expected. Immersive is the word that comes to mind. Rockstar have really outdone themselves this time. There's just so many good things to point to that it's a little overwhelming. The sheer scope of Los Santos alone, from a hillside at night will actually give you chills. The graphics are simultaneously breathtaking and retro, and yes, I mean that even on a console.

This game is dense with quality fun. The satire is fresh, hilarious and in your face around every corner. Rather than go into detail, I'll just say that I highly recommend it to anyone, if only for the experience. Kids, this is San Andreas all over again, and I couldn't be more satisfied. Money well spent!
  88. Nov 7, 2013
    It is a great game actually the best game in Quality terms that I ever played. The world is that detailed that you would concider it art in a technical sense, not in an intellectual way, though it is a nice satire on nowadays society like the Simpsons for example.
  89. Dec 19, 2013
    Absolutely the first GTA since San Andreas that I can't find a fault in, just awesome game and only complaint is the radio isn't quite as good as I thought it would be. Characters are well thought out but I do miss the Celebrity Cameos but I'll forgive that, worth the wait!!!!
  90. Apr 5, 2014
    A superb creation of incomparable detail and awe that is filled to the brim with interesting content and hilarious satire of American culture. The story focuses on three anti-heroes who pull off a series of explosive heists. The single-player took me about 50 hours to complete, including a few of the shenanigans and side-activities I participated in. I have put almost 150 hours into the online portion of the game that is, while flawed, an extremely fun variety of missions, races and deathmatches of the highest caliber. Grand Theft Auto V fulfills the empty promises Grand Theft Auto IV put forward back in 2008 and I think it's safe to say that the game is possibly the best open world game ever crafted. Bravo Rockstar. Expand
  91. Nov 27, 2013
    Graphics/Sound:
    Incredible graphics, without a doubt the best I've seen on the Xbox 360. The setting is beautiful and varied, unlike Liberty City. This game squeezes every last bit of juice out of the dying console generation. It does lack character though. Wish the physics were more realistic, being able to control your car in mid-air and flip it when it's overturned is a bit ridiculous.
    At times this can seriously detract from the immersion. Sound is flawless though. Great radio stations to chose from and the beautiful explosions are more immersive with the solid sound design.

Story: Not as good as GTA IV, no doubt. Having 3 characters gave the game a messy feel. The story was kind of vague and all over the place. Story threads were explored a tiny bit and then left behind, and some characters weren't convincing at all and seemed very 2D.

Gameplay: Missions often feel like a drag driving from point a to point b, shoot some guys, rinse and repeat, but at least there are checkpoints now. Some missions are fun though. The problem I have with the mission structure is that it's not a sandbox during missions. You can't do things the way you want, and the game feels like a corridor shooter because of this. Outside of missions, the gameplay is solid and you have much more freedom online and messing around by yourself.

Presentation: This game has no specific vibe about it. It tries to be everything and fails at that. The trailers each lended themselves to a different concepts of Los Santos, and this should have come as a warning sign that the game wouldn't be as defined as the all the great games in the world are.

Overall, it's fun. Without multiplayer it would be a complete disappointment. It goes to show that money and an army of programmers won't make you a masterpiece, and that so much of making a great game is a specific direction within great design.
  92. Nov 21, 2013
    Everything Grand Theft Auto was imagined and suppose to be. After being an overrated sandbox game for years Rockstar managed to put out one of the game with the most value and depth out there. Should not disappoint anyone. Racing feels as fun as any racing game out there. Integrated Social Club is a nice touch also.
  93. Oct 11, 2013
    GTA V is a new king of genre and best game in franchise. Incredibly looking, diverse world, various and funny gameplay, user friendly in a good way, improve in many aspect. Interesting, ordinary and deep 3 characters from different places, with totally different social status and ground. interaction with and between them, dramatic and cool story. If you have something against this game than it`s probably your personal wishes, not objective problems.
    I absolutely accept low ratings because of GTA Online. But only it. If someone gave this game 4-0 rating just for SP, than he sure don`t know much about games and it`s history(especially) and he only play a real gamer. He is not bigger gamer than my grandma. If he/she play games, than it`s worst than when he never play any game. Cause he/she doesn`t have gamer heart.
  94. Oct 6, 2013
    after around 55-60 hours of GTA V i can definitively say this is the most fun i have had with a videogame in a long time. this game is so many games in one and often does it better than many other straight driving, sports and shooting games. with the addition of a huge story, tonnes of cool and interesting characters, great character customisation and so many things to discover, see and do within the world i can't recommend it highly enough. Expand
  95. Nov 27, 2013
    The story is the best yet. I went back to play each of the endings, where one is great, while the others are saddening. The heists featured in this game have been smartly written by the developers and they have extensively researched Los Angeles and its outlying areas to create the largest map yet. To add a little to the story, the developers brought back some characters from the Grand Theft Auto IV era, some of who, die.

However, there are some features that must be brought to attention. During the campaign, I felt that there were not that many missions given to Trevor Philips, which is somewhat disappointing. After having 100% completion, there is nothing much left to do. It would not hurt to have some exciting armed robberies even after completing the game, and not just hanging out with the other protagonists.

Otherwise, the game is very exceptional. It takes us away from the gloomy and grayish Liberty City to a bright and beautiful Los Santos and its countryside. A message to those who want to purchase this game: it is definitely worth sacrificing eight gigabytes to play this game. I have never played a more compelling game since Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. The stories that the player is brought into is what made this video game series successful.
  96. Sep 24, 2013
    There's alot to love here and there is a reason why they are projecting for this game to actually slow the sales of the next generation of consoles for at least a year or so. GTA V is the most ambitious game ever made. The size of the city and the amount of stuff you can do is literally mind blowing. I have never had so many things to do at once in a video game. It can be a bit overwhelming once you get past the first part of the game so it's best to take it in spurts. Everything is done very well. The gameplay is basically the same as past GTA games. You do missions, steal cars, shoot people with a large assortment of guns. On top of being able to play tennis and darts and do yoga, there's so much to do here you can be entertained for weeks.

The issue I have with the game is the backseat that the story and some of the characters took. The story is one of the weakest I've seen in a GTA game. For a series that prided itself on its ability to tell a story in the past, this game really drops the ball. Beyond a vague message about American Corruption and the Greed inside us all, there's literally nothing else here beyond "find a dude, do a mission for that dude, and not get paid by that dude, leading to you eventually killing that dude." This happens more times than I can count in this game with the only goal for all the characters in the game is to make money. The characters are ok, with Trevor definitely being the star of the show. Franklin is your stereotypical gangster looking get out of the hood and Micheal is a washed up has been who doesn't know the meaning of the words "character development." Frankly I was supremely disappointed with the story aspects of this game. Nothing ever caught my interest and I felt like I have while playing past GTA clones, working through boring missions just to get to the next one. It feels like Rockstar bypassed alot of the story elements to make the game as grand and expansive as possible. While that's not too terrible of a thing to do, it really hurt its overall value to me, someone who values all those story elements more than anything else. I was bored by the story in this game. Fortunately there was other stuff to do around it.

This game will win GotY, even if I feel like Bioshock or Last of Us would be more deserving. But there's a ton of appeal here and, like the selfish, greedy Americans they make fun of in this game, everyone from the ages of 12-42 will gobble this up like food to a starving man. This game is not bad by any means but it's nowhere near as good as it might have been had they not blown pretty much the entire budget on making the world finding stuff to do in it. All I know is I had a good time with it, but will I make it my game of choice for any longer than the week it took me to play through it? No, it will not.
  97. Sep 23, 2013
    Bandwagon hype sheep will claim its the greatest game ever but it really isn't. A disappointment of what it could have been but still a great game. Doesnt revolutionize anything like other GTA games have.
  98. Oct 13, 2013
    --Pros-- Addicting gameplay, always want to try something new Great scope of game, can see way in the distance and is beautiful at times Voice acting, best of the series LOTS OF THINGS TO DO --Cons-- Multiplayer is.... coming along Story is just meh, character development over the time of the game is interesting but the way the characters develop together is underwhelming.
    Graphics are just okay at mid-close range, pop in during cut scenes and regular gameplay take you out of the experience a bit.
    Gets repetitive towards the end.
  99. Oct 9, 2013
    GTA V is nothing if not daring; the advent of 3 characters switchable at (almost) anytime, the pretty graphic violence explicitly shown throughout the story and the use of protagonists that lack the typical anti-hero dynamic are all breaths of fresh air in a series that seemed stale by GTA IV. As a whole, GTA V is an excellent game from freedom to roam and explore, wreak the town and go out guns blazing or just drive the police on wild chases, This game does what previous GTA games have always done, only more refined. The main story is where the game swings between brilliance and oddities: Michael, Trevor and Franklin are all unique characters with interesting backgrounds but their actions and words seem to contradict so often its a bit jarring. Suspension of disbelief is the price of admission for this game, don't expect it to justify itself very well as everything is about giving the player a new task to do or activity to partake in. While a more polished use of these three characters could have made the game all the most amazing, as it stands they are GTA protagonists who will do anything asked of them as long as it advances the game. Still. this is never a deal-breaker as it is an annoyance and when that part of the game doesn't live up others make up for it with sheer audacity. GTA V is a game that should be played expecting the story to be a tad convoluted but that remains a solid product well worth sinking many, many hours into. Expand
  100. Oct 11, 2013
    Even if you aren't a GTA fan (I'm not, typically) this is a must play game. If you're looking for an engaging, immersive story line to fall into then look no further. The narrative is where this title shines, and that's what I'll remember. The character swapping mechanic sounded bizarre when I first heard of it, but it works flawlessly and enhances the story line. It made me feel connected to each character, and conflicted when they were at odds.

The gun play is very forgiving, which makes the game a lot easier to play for those of us that aren't trying to polish our twitch skills. That being said, it's still very visceral. You'll definitely feel it when you hit a guy in the chest with a shotgun. It's also very fun to drive across the world, which is extremely authentic. Rockstar took care to create a beautiful landscape inside and outside the city.

I would have preferred additional options for vehicle and weapon customization. Also, I found myself trying to walk into Cluckin' Bell and other establishments that were actually open for business in previous titles, but not this time. The world is so large and authentic, why can't I walk into a fastfood joint for a burger?

All in all this is a solid 8/10. Come to San Andreas for crime and combat, stay for the wealth of character development and excellent voice acting.

1. Dec 12, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto V offers one of the best sandbox experiences ever, filled to the brink with stuff to do. The vistas are magnificent and amazing stuff just seems to happen wherever you go. But at the same time the story is tired and the characters unoriginal. Your appreciation of Grand Theft Auto V will depend of what you want out of the series. The freedom and joy of discovery is hard to beat but the rest still has some ways left to go.
  2. Nov 6, 2013
    GTA V continues the game series' tradition of raising the bar for open world action games.
  3. Nov 5, 2013
    Tons of gameplay hours, plenty of missions and activities with an awesome collection of vehicles of various modes of transportation and a large array of firearms put the grandeur once again into Grand Theft Auto.