8.1

1. Sep 18, 2013
    This is by far the best game I've ever played. And I've played almost every game out there. It's like a mixture of car racing games, call of duty, and arcade games all in one!!!! The driving is amazing and the missions are breath taking I'm hooked onto this game like no Tomorrow rock star really went all out on this game!
  2. Sep 19, 2013
    It's a little unfair to rate this game considering the most exciting feature, the multiplayer, is yet to be released. That said, the base game is a treat to play, with the character swap being the trump card.
    If it seems that it is more of the same it is. And that's a GOOD thing. We have a brand new city to play in, new ways to create mischief and more activities and things to do than
    you can shake a submarine at.
    Sure the iffy controls are still there, personally I'll never understand why they persist in forcing that pov, or why the gun mechanics are the way they are. Or why driving sometimes feels like you're driving with slick tyres.... on an oil slick. Mastering them, remembering all the controls all takes time and is not intuitive as I could wish.
    The game is pretty, it has to be said, but like GTA IV it would look much better on next gen hardware. Pop-ups, glitches and field distance can take you out of the game-world that Rockstar have made, while frame-rate slowdowns can break it.
    The story is what made it for me. The character switch and how they integrate it (not a gimmick) is genius. My only problem was at times the dialogue. I don't mind swearing, in fact I rather enjoy swearing, but holy crepe, can we tone down the expletives? Sometimes they sound like mindless baboons screeching at one another. And it has to be said that much of the dialogue is GTA cliche.
    None of that gets in the way though. The story itself, the heists.... oh man. Cinematic. Just, SO much fun.
    If you like playing gta, you will like this one. You will play for hours. Doing just random stuff. I spent an hour with tennis, just to see how difficult it was to play against the AI.
    The only serious flaw I had with this game is the dis-jointed feel between the story and just messing around. Feels like two different games, where in one it's a tight, tense story driven bonanza, and the other gives you so much freedom you're not sure what to do.
    Anyways, I'll be waiting for multiplayer with baited breath, but for now, I'm off skydiving.

TOR's Score: 7.5
  3. Sep 19, 2013
    GTA V. The last hoorah of the current generation consoles, and the fact that it's released only on the consoles is to me, it's biggest con. The game itself is utterly amazing, the characters are fun to play with, the game mechanics are smooth, the driving is a fun hybrid of GTA IV and San Andreas, the gun handling, aiming is all the best from all Rockstar Games, the amazing new features of stock exchanges and buying property add a lot of depth to the game. Scuba diving, hunting, tennis, biking, hiking, heists this game is pretty much all the best things crammed into one. The graphics are phenomenal and the best on Xbox and PS3 in my opinion.
    However, I think that bringing out this kind of hardware hard game was a mistake to bring out on the current gen consoles. Don't get me wrong the game works fine, but there are times when there are too many bullets shot at you, or the smoke covers up the screen ,or there are a lot of cars and characters in front of you that the game just lags. I think that it's this lag that really drags this game down from what otherwise would be the most perfect game ever created.
    Bring on the Next Gen and PC version Rockstar!
  4. Sep 20, 2013
    Five years ago I played GTA 4 and I really enjoyed it and while it wasn't perfect it was the next step in open world gaming. Two years ago I played Skyrim and thought it was the only game better at open world gaming than GTA 4. Now Skyrim is merely a pleasant memory because GTA 5 is here.

I started the game and was mildly disappointed with the start not that it's particularly bad it
    just wasn't what I waited five years for. However once the action moves to Los Santos the game is jump started into life and what unfolds is nothing short of a masterpiece and I go as far as to say it is the pinnacle of open world gaming.

You play as three characters giving a much greater variety in terms of the way the game is played and the ability to switch between characters means you can often skip those long drives back into the city. The Map deserves comment because it is huge and for once is totally accessible from the start which is a huge improvement from the ridiculous bridge closures of previous games. The missions are the best yet and revolve around Heists which are as exciting as they look in the trailers and have great replay value as they can be approached in a variety of ways. Mini games have been expanded and offer a good 20 minutes of distraction and with a vast array you could easily waste a day just playing them. The driving and shooting have been improved and mixed with the new special moves given to each character make for really exciting action sequences. Finally I have to welcome back the planes which are insanely fun and even though I'm a terrible pilot they provide a great way to get around.

In conclusion ignore the people who tell you it's just all the same because while, like the Elderscrolls series, it sticks to the core gameplay you loved back in 2001 it takes the gameplay and expands upon it in the most exciting ways possible in the process giving the gamer access to the most thrilling living breathing world available and I can't ask for any more.
  5. Sep 20, 2013
    While GTA V may have raised the bar in several areas as compared to GTA IV, in one crucial area it has dropped the ball.

The huge open world looks beautiful and is highly detailed, the shooting mechanics have been fine-tuned, and the story is great.

All of these help to immerse you into the world. However, the immersion, in my opinion, ends the second you step foot into a vehicle.
    This is where my biggest issue with the game begins.

In short, it feels like Rockstar have stripped away any personality that the vehicles had in the previous game. Instead, the vehicle handling has been homogenized to appeal to the lowest common denominator. Rather than make a driving system that is rewarding and based more on skill and a small investment of time, it has been simplified to the most basic levels, making it a breeze for anyone to pick up and play instantly. As a result, it has become boring.

The vehicles are now merely an appliance used to get from point A to point B, rather than an experience of getting from point A to point B. Gone are power slides around corners, and having to constantly be aware of the way your car was behaving. Instead, you can't break traction at all, cars self correct when drifting using the handbrake, turn on a dime, and come to a complete stop in 50 feet from any speed. An SUV handles like a supercar, and a supercar handles like a go-kart.

What is even more perplexing are the vehicle upgrades. When the cars can perform like they do in their stock form, what is the point of the upgrade system?

In a day when everyone wants instant gratification, it appears that GTA has finally succumbed in the driving arena. For a game with the word "Auto" in its' title, this aspect of the game is a huge disappointment.
  6. Sep 20, 2013
    Good game very beryGood game very beryGood game very beryGood game very beryGood game very beryGood game very beryGood game very beryGood game very be
  7. Sep 20, 2013
    First off the game is amazing. The story is also amazing. The reason why the game gets "bad framerate" is because they are pushing the limits on a majorly outdated console. If it were to get a perfect 30 fps then the graphics would look even worse. That is also why the loading times are long and the ground textures occasionally look like crap. Rockstar should have focused on a system that can handle what they were trying to accomplish; such as PC or the next get consoles. All of these current issues aside the game is great for what they can get away with on the current gen xbox and playstation. 10/10 gameplay. Expand
  8. Sep 20, 2013
    I have been having quite a lot of fun with the Grand Theft Auto franchise since my days with the original Playstation. I have always loved the level of freedom Rockstar has provided us gamers with so that we could put any insane virtual impulse to practice and have a good laugh about it.
    When I think about the time I spent with GTA IV, I remember that I had some conflicting impressions
    about the game itself: at the same time that I appreciated all the effort put into bestowing life upon Liberty City, and all the planning that went for erecting the plot (which I liked because of the critical perspective of the American Dream intelligently enabled by making use of the point of view of a foreign protagonist), I could not help but think about some elements that had been present in previous installments of the franchise (mostly San Andreas); namely the diversity of locations (mountains, countryside and sprawling highways in addition to the big-city-with-skyscrapers type of environment), the possibility of a more detailed customization of your character or your vehicles in order to adjust them to your liking, the presence of huge aircrafts to wreak havoc with; these things were not really possible in the world of GTA IV.
    A totally different scenario proves to be existent with Rockstar's latest masterpiece: in the very first hours of gameplay it becomes clear that the game is happy to provide the player with a deluge of possibilities, and the player (at least as far as my own personal experience with it) will most likely be happy to be engulfed by said potentiality of sheer fun and joy.

My main concern prior to actually purchasing and playing GTA V had to do with its bold implementation of three protagonists, rather than the established focus on a single person. Happily, after merely a few hours of gameplay, one can see that the tripartite way of telling stories works fantastically well; and it is praiseworthy to pull off such a thing as successfully creating three very distinctive characters that can even go so far as encourage you to have a unique play style for each one of them (a feat made possible by means of good character development).

Arguably, one of the most relevant elements of games in general is the gameplay itself, and I must say right off the bat that Rockstar once again scores a homerun: from selecting a radio station or weapon through a Red Dead Redemption-like wheel that slows down time, to moving or shooting or partaking in activities such as tennis or golf, everything seems to have fluidity; in effect, when comparing this game with its predecessor, it seems possible to assert that the developers have learnt a lot throughout the years and have improved upon every single aspect of their precious brainchild. Some people might take issue with that, though, in that some are saying that the driving mechanics as a whole is a lot worse than what we had with GTA IV. I believe this is very subjective, but my opinion is that, even though the driving was great in that game, GTA V makes things easier and, once again, more fluid. It makes driving more action-packed. Then again, people might disagree, this is but my personal account.

When it comes to graphics, suffice to say that there is nothing short of stunning in them. The developers have really mastered the technology that we have been using in this generation of consoles.

Well, I cannot talk much about the quality of the story itself, for I haven’t played that many missions (I’m afraid I more often than not get distracted by all the things I can do), but I am really happy with what I have seen thus far.

All in all, this is a true masterpiece and everybody who has the slightest interest in this kind of open-world genre should have a great time with this game. Just beware of your productivity (I mean it).
  9. Sep 20, 2013
    I personally haven't finished the game yet, but it's perfect so far. I've had it since the release date, just haven't had time thanks to classes. But whenever I do get to play i play for hours on end and don't even notice. Great story. Great characters. Every gta game in one. I love it!
  10. Sep 21, 2013
    The game is one of the very few games which completely justifies the $60 price. This game has an amazing story, writing and gameplay. The driving is perfect and there is a lot of space to cover. This is also the best GTA yet and one of the greatest games of all time. The amount of stuff to do in this game is incredible and you will totally get lost into this living virtual world. Since it is a mainstream game, this game also gets a lot negative reviews from butthurt trolls, and it is not at all overrated. So what are you waiting for, go ahead and buy this game. Expand
  11. Sep 21, 2013
    Do not listen to any of the negative reviews, this game packs so much into one game. What really makes this game stand apart is in the details. Los Santos really feels like downtown LA. There is the constant hum from the highway and even sounds of someone racing down the highway much like here in AZ and I live next to the freeway. Going to the beach and hearing the waves lapping on the rocks looks and sounds like the real thing(i've been to the beach). Walking down the street you can eavesdrop on conversations, in one instance this girl was talking about getting breast reduction surgery, making it entertaining to just walk beside her hearing all about it. This game is so much more than just drive here, shoot here, it is a breathing and living city and you can do whatever the hell you want. Expand
  12. Sep 24, 2013
    I been waiting for GTA V since 2011 and it was definitely worth the wait, the map is incredible the game itself is incredible there are "Easter eggs" which is very cool and I don't understand why there are so many negatives maybe because of butt hurt, trolls that vote negatively because of COD of something, however the game itself is the best game I've ever played and I hoping that the game will be released on the PC soon. Expand
  13. Sep 25, 2013
    The Best Game Ever...thought it might drop the frame rate sometimes the world is so big its easily forgivable 15 hours in and i've only seen 2/3 of the map
  14. Sep 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. When I first heard GTA V was to be released, I thought to myself, "eh" but after finally getting it a couple days after it came out I can confidently say that it will suck you in and not let go. The action is easily the best I've seen from the GTA series yet. If that's not enough for you, how about heists that you can pull off, robbing jewelry stores, assembling a heist team, place getaway vehicles, choose strategies for said heist and run for your life when the cops roll up. Easily the most customized options for any GTA yet which I was looking forward to. There is a gratuitous amount of sex, killing, blowing up, burning, torturing and more that I've yet to even discover yet. I'm at 25% after 15 hours, and I must say I'm loving every minute of it. Trade securities on the stock market, rob stores, use special abilities for each character, use team synergy to smoothly run a heist and even more. If you're still questioning as to if you should get this game, then I'm going to say what are you waiting for? Oh and Online play hasn't been released yet, but will be soon. That's a whole different world that no one has seen yet. Expand
  15. Sep 25, 2013
    To anyone concerned with the nature of the content, this game is at it's core a satire. That is how I would explain the crude stereotypes that are make up most of the supporting characters. The violence in the game is explained in a very different way. With the exception of Franklin, who kinda is a stereotype, but definitely a likable one, Michael and Trevor are portrayed as sick twisted individuals. This game doesn't justify violence, it uses the violence to indicate just how on the edge these two characters are. Moments like one later in the game with Michael's daughter, indicate the effect that violence has on peoples life. In a minor mission, She calls you because she is scared of a stalker so you go help her. When you find the guy you chase him down. He says he's going to leave her alone, however you don't know if you can trust this guy and you just wanna protect your daughter, so you hit the guy till he stops moving. Once you get back to your car, your daughter is horified at what you did, she just wanted you to talk to him. It was a moment where I knew I had gotten caught up with the game and gone to far, but really, its just evidence that some morality does exist, and if read through the correct lens, this is maybe the least offensive GTA game ever. Expand
  16. Sep 26, 2013
    These days we get so used to game industry hyping there next game up to be the best, ground breaking, especially the big triple A franchise's, unfortunately we are also familiar with these games not really living up to the hype, but every now and again we get something very special..

Let me begin by saying GTA V is something very special, and one of the few games I can honestly say
    actually exceeds its pre launch hype, GTA V is not just a game its masterpiece! Now I understand the word "MASTERPIECE" is a very strong word but just like in the case of "THE LAST OF US" I think its more than deserved.

GTA V is the child of all the other Rockstar titles before it, you can see that R* haven't just been churning out titles and bathing in the profits, they have experimented and learned from everything that's gone before and this is the result.

The driving/combat mechanics have both been tweaked to an outstanding level, the combat is fluid and fun and you always feel connected to person your playing, more on that latter but they have done a great job here, the driving is the best yet of a GTA title, infact its the best of any title of its genre I've played, I say that because it does 2 things very well.. A) its fun, satisfying and at times intense, and B) it works well in the world it exists in, its never going to be Iracing but it works great in its setting, this tied with huge AI improvements makes for a nice experience, driving down the freeway having traffic traveling at believable speeds is a joy! When traffic is in full flow it can take a few seconds to overtake unless your in one of the super cars, standing on the side of the freeway you can feel the speed of the traffic its quite impressive. Would I change anything? of corse im not saying its a driving sim here, the brakes are to powerful on all cars
    Being my biggest gripe but like I said we're not talking expecting racing sim here standards here.

The new character switching new to GTA V is exceptionally well done, it was a brave move by R* to go down this route but they nailed it here and it pays off in bundles, switching from character to character never breaks the immersion and loading times are incredible all things considered, this new mechanic opened up the whole storyline making it possible for R* to not just simply offer 3 story lines and mission lines for the price of one but really flesh out the overall story and give a depth to that story that has never been achievable up untill now.

I could go on for ages talking about the things that GTA V does well, the love and commitment that has been thrown into it, its everywhere, the attention to detail is incredible, from the superb AI in the way it interacts with you and also the world around it, lure a shark into the beach and swimmers scream and race to the safety of the beach, one of my favourite pastimes is driving about in a convertible giving peds the middle finger and watching there reactions the fact that the anti crash buffers on the concrete lane dividers on the highways actually work by absorbing impact like its real life counterpart, the level of detail is incredible, it will have your jaw still hitting the floor long after the first few days of gameplay. The huge amount of things you can do is also very impressive and well done, the work thats gone into simply riding a rollercoaster for example, its not something that's just been thrown in to fill the game out its all received the same loving attention to detail.

However all this isn't the reason why GTA V is a masterpiece, its real secret is how all these beautifully crafted features are brought together into a package and how that package forms a living breathing world, most games run with a theme and nail bits on for good measure and to fill there features list, GTA V is very different in that all these little details create what it is, its an absolute joy to cruise down the road on a sunny day and let the game immerse you in its world, i'm a big fan of living breathing gaming worlds and this is by far the best ive ever experienced and by a good margin to.

The well written story is seamlessly cradled by the world its set in, something that is very rare, to capture that level of immersion and still give the player full freedom is a very fine line but R* have nailed it here, getting the player to fully immerse is a very difficult thing, thats what made TLOU the game it is, not for having any new super special mechanic, it just made you believe! And although these two games should not be compared you simply cannot ignore the fact that R* have hit that fabled sweetspot of a believable living breathing world where the story fits perfectly into it..

GTA V is a package loving sculpted into a rare masterpiece, and to say they did all this on current gen console specs is nothing short of witchcraft, titles like this don't come around to often so soak it up and enjoy it...

GTA V is a incredible achievement and a important milestone
  17. Sep 27, 2013
    Esse jogo fantástico, minha nota só não foi 10 porque o jogo força muito o canhão do meu xbox 360. Ainda aguardo a Rockstar possibilitar a instalação do disco 02.
  18. Sep 27, 2013
    Overall, the best GTA title to date, with the best characters for this type of game (no overdramatic story which doesn't fit with anything that the player is encouraged to do...I'm looking at you GTA IV), some of the best mission variety so far, incredibly fun handling where cars don't feel like old trucks sliding around on ice, incredibly good max payne-like shooting, a rich and massive environment that feels truly alive. Rockstar has basically nailed pretty much every core concept, as well as every minor one. People nitpicking that a game this massive might lack one or two elements from the previous games...get real. There is no sucg thing as perfection, but the game still deserves a 10 for managing to pull of everything it set out to. Expand
  19. Sep 27, 2013
    Anyone who can't appreciate the sheer size and scope of this game, as well as the fantastic interweaving storylines, is a fool in my book. GTA V is an incredibly satisfying and immersive experience.
  20. Sep 27, 2013
    I made an account just so i could review this game.

XBOX 1 quality game on the 360, the people at Rockstar show we don't need a next gen system to get better graphics. Why do we need a xbox 1 and ps4 when the 360 can crank right along side them when a studio actually puts the work in. I've played the xbox 1 and ps4, GTA 5 looks as good as AC black flag or Rise. So i ask why do we need
    new consoles?

Graphically it's the best looking game I've seen since I've bought an xbox360.(stop and think about this) Better then MW2 and better then Mass Effect 2 and skyrim and Assassins Creed 2. There is nothing about this game you can find fault with. I can't think of a game that does a better job of doing what GTA5 does. 3rd person shooter with cover system, better then Ghost recon, gears of war. Gun battles way better then COD and BF, 10/10. Story mode as good as skyrim easy. 10/10. Driving 10/10 better then forza horizon and probably more cars oh and bikes and bicycles, and boats, turn the lights off and on, put the tops up and down customize it, smash it, steal another one.. Flying 10/10 more realistic then ace combat. this game actually has wind and turbulence. gun selection and customization 10/10, RPG character customization, progression 10/10.

The storey, 3 main characters that easily could have their own game with the amount of content each has. By far the most diverse backgrounds ever. Trevor in particular, his missions are by far the most Hollywood and the best in the game. No mission in this game is boring and you will probably want to do multiple playthoughs just because it's so dang fun. 67 or so missions and not one of them is boring, stop and consider that! 67, I don't even think counting the side missions.

There is an overwhelming attention to detail never been done before. There is so much of it everyone has raised their criticism level to absurdity. You cannot put a shooting game, driving game, action or any game you can think of next to GTA5 not see how it beats everything at what it's suppose to specialize in. The computer AI alone is the best ever done. The cops tactically box you in every time no matter where you are on the map, go off road? they send in the choppah and swat repels from ropes. Los Santos has its own soul so similar to southern California it's scarey, i know because i live there. Flying in a plane over Los Angeles or San Diego at night looks just like it does in GTA5, right down to the yellow floods lighting the highways. The stock market, the television shows, the radio stations, traffic jams, people walking on the sidewalks, random events, everything about this game is just blowing everyone's mind so bad they can't comprehend what they are seeing. You can't bash something no one has ever done before which is attention to detail so high, Rockstar artists have to be boarder lining compulsive attention disorder and not taking their meds while drawing Los Santos.

All other games now have to compared to GTA5. it's now the pinnacle of what a game can be. I hope other studios "rise" to the challenge because it's just going to make everyone look real stupid when they put out a game on the xbox 1 or ps4 and it's not as good as this.

I urge everyone buy this game, play it till your eyes bleed and then say "thank you sir may i have another!" when GTA online goes live which is included with the game for free.
  21. Sep 27, 2013
    10/10, The only thing you can give a game with so much time that was put into it.
    Rockstar thought of everything. Tennis, parachuting, jets and heists, you name it.
    There are some issues, mostly because of the age of the consoles but still to make that good looking game on 6 year old consoles. They deserve everything they have, because they have made a second game that is the highest
    rated game on Metacritic. Well done Rockstar, well done. Expand
  22. Sep 29, 2013
    Well. GTA V. Rockstar's highly anticipated game that can only be unheard of if you've been living under a rock, or a star for that matter. Regardless, this game is still pretty good. And by good and I mean evil. Real evil. I like what they did with the characters, Frankie, Trevor and Michael, you know, make 'em evil and stuff. But at the same time, I hated it. I like characters who I just love to hate, and who do things for their own good. Like the Joker (Batman) and Kefka (Final Fantasy). But these guys... they do what they do for the sake of not being able to say they didn't do it... The are not the characters I would want to see in a game which SO MANY people claimed to be perfect. I really disagree with that statement. However, to every bad quality, there are some good qualities. And, my word, are there some good ones!
    First, the story. I won't go into too much detail, because I don't wanna check the 'Spoiler Box', but the story is... meh. Nothing exceptional, but nothing too terrible
  23. Sep 30, 2013
    Most negative reviews on this game are fakes by trolls. You shouldn't listen to most of them. This is truly a masterpiece in gaming. The world size is so much larger and detailed than GTA IV. The graphics push current-gen hardware to the limits. IGN said that RockStar had improved GTA V from GTA IV in nearly every way, and I completely agree. They added realism where it was necessary, such as actually being able to destroy most planes at the airport, and removed realism where it was not necessary, such as being able to flip an overturned car easily. The world is so much more vibrant than the dull city from GTA IV. The stock market is genius, as what you do in the open world can allow you to deliberately affect the stock market to your advantage. The use of three characters keeps you interested in their personalities.

I strongly recommend this game to anyone who is a Grand Theft Auto fan, enjoys open-world games, or anyone else who wants to see something realistic and fun. Remember, many of the negative votes are unreliable, and are from trolls/haters. Give the user score time to improve, hoping more reliable reviews come in.
  24. Oct 2, 2013
    Sorry but Rockstar I like my games with anti aliasing, a nice resolution, a high framerate, more custom-ability and most importantly on my platform of choice which you don't understand actually has a market? Just incase you lived under a rock :P. Oh and by the way I have been spoiled the ending by a facebook photo comment so yeah pretty being a GTA Fan and a PC Gamer ey?
  25. Oct 2, 2013
    None of the negative user scores make any sense to me. I just want to address the major criticisms. The driving and shooting mechanics have greatly improved from GTA IV to the extent that I feel that i'm playing a much different game. Whats all this talk about the graphics being bad? Just one flight over the Los Santos midnight skyline is a much better visual feat than most other current gen games. There's also the criticism that the main characters aren't relatable and my question is what video games have actual relatable characters? Because space marines, faceless war soldiers, and Italian assassins are relatable? I didn't hear anyone complain about Master chief being unrelatable when he barely even speaks. The last criticism i'll address is that "the missions are the same thing". I couldn't disagree more iv'e done things ranging from repossessing cars, driving on trains, kidnapping people, getting into hood shootouts, torturing people, performing heists, skydiving unto fbi buildings and the list goes on. It isn't the absolute best game ever but all this biased negative feedback is childish and makes it seem as if the people posting the reviews never even played the game. Expand
  26. Oct 3, 2013
    My score a 5 out of 10. Simply because Multiplayer has been an utter travesty. For anyone who wants to play this game. Buy it for the Single Player only and get it on a discounted price, DO NOT BUY FOR MULTIPLAYER because at this time there is none whatsoever.
  27. Oct 3, 2013
    When buying GTA 5 I became extremely excited thinking it would of improved on everything wrong with GTA 4 and therefore make it the better game. I was wrong. The story was awful with only 69 main missions overall of which some were stealing vans and driving them back for storage. There are only three big heists in the game in which 2 are boring and easy. The last mission was also extremely disappointing as it was ridiculously easy and long winded. After finishing the game I looked at my stats and found that I had only played 5 hours as Trevor, 8 as Micheal and 10 as Franklin, throughout the whole story I never got attached to one character like I did with Niko and Roman which I feel was because of the lack of personal story based missions and the fact you have to play as 3 people constantly switching.

If you were a fan of the GTA 4 flying and driving you will be massively disappointing, they moved away from realism in the cars and instead went to Saints Row style driving with every car having an insane amount of grip which leaves you almost not needed to even concentrate on driving at all. They unfortunately went the complete opposite way in the flying department making it to realistic, you cant fly a helicopter straight for more than 5 seconds even with the maximum flying stat. This also applies for flying planes. I've tried numerous times to steal a jet which admittedly should be hard but not as crazy as it is on this, I got shot out of the sky while parachuting almost near the clouds by a tank! This level of accuracy also goes for the police who will not give up even on a 1* wanted level for at least 2 minutes, the tutorial says to hide in alleys to get away from them, but guess what as soon as you do this they pull up near you, get out their cars and start looking for you on foot.

I have been playing the online over the last 2 days and I can say I'm un-pleased with this aswell, I dont mind the constant bugs because I know so many people are on it and that its still got alot to work on. Your online character creation is horrendous and virtually impossible to make look like yourself or any human being for that matter. Rockstar also felt the need for each user to be allowed 5 online characters 2 of which are unlocked straight away, I doubt anyone will even use more than 2 character slots as you don't have special abilities or load outs for them and you may as well just play as one person and get there stats up as high as possible.

Overall I am very disappointing in the lack of enjoyment I got out of this game, If I was you I would rent before buying this game and even then with the price it is now just go and buy GTA4 as you will have more fun in every second.
  28. Feb 4, 2014
    The game, when it came out was great, but the "good" part was very short lived, as R* started patching it, and the game is unplayable as it stands. Single Player is so buggy that you have to resort to loading whole game from Xbox/PS3 home menu in order for the whole console not to hang. Gameplay bugs, missions which can't be finished, achievements which are not granted, money which is not given, cars disappearing, after spending time and money upgrading them, are all annoying but wouldn't be such a pain if it wasn't for the loading freeze. And money making in GTAV is a total grinder. Yes, you can steal anything, but you can't keep it, as the game doesn't save what's stolen.
    AI is 100% accurate, the amount of police and agents, and number of helis after you, when you reach 5 stars, is enormous and never ending. You kill them all, and new wave of the same size appears, before you can run away. Physics seem to work on you mostly, but rest of the world is onl'y 50% simulated, therefore police will not only outrun you on 90 degree turns, motorways, and any streets (even heavy with traffic), then stop in a split second, coming out of the car with guns already shooting at you, and kill you very very quickly, if you only happen to slip or fall. And, they kill first, then ask questions.
    Developer support is the non-existent now. R* stopped listening to fans, and reports of problems. They just keep breaking the game further and further. No testing was done whatsoever, since the game release. Every single patch broke the game more and more in Single Player, only to patch small bugs in MP, which is bugged beyond belief. I can only spend a bit of time on weekends to play it so I didn't finish the game on SP yet, but it's no reason to break SP without care for those who are still playing it. It's zero point from me, as the game is currently unplayable at all.
  29. Oct 7, 2013
    gta v is a disappointing game it fails to live up other gta for one money is scarce in the game and the missions are really boring. it has no good villains in the game and the online has far to go has to go.
    overall i would not recommend this gta.
  30. Oct 9, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I've played GTA since the third installment up until this new one. This is the worst one yet. R* is going the way of EA with souless games and trying to squeeze every cent they can out of you with DLC and microtransactions. If you plan to only play single-player, you should skip this one. The campaign is a total of 69 missions and once you complete them your already at over 50% complete with the game. Remember all those cool 'odd jobs' in previous installments? Pretty much gone except for the taxi missions.

- Not enough heists. What is the point of improving your crew member's skills when you barely get to use them?

- Grove Street was totally different. I barely recognized it from SA. If it wasn't for the cul-de-sac I wouldn't even know that it was Grove Street. Plus, the Ballas are now living there and there isn't an explanation why that is; which brings me to my next point.

- No gang territory. I loved taking over gang territory in SA. With GTA V you can't start gang wars, take over territory or recruit members. I wanted to retake Grove Street for the GSF but it will forever be Balla turf now. There were about 4 missions that involved the 'hood'. Way too short. One of the missions Trevor just decides to go down to Grove Street just for the hell of it. Literally for no reason.

- There is a casino in GTA V but you can't go inside and gamble. Another feature missing from SA.

- Purchasable properties You can buy them but cannot go inside? The missions for the 'properties' you own are mostly delivery missions that serve no purpose. It doesn't matter if you ignore them or not, you just won't get payed your $1k that week. There should be sub-missions for your properties which improve them.

- No purchasable safehouses. Franklin starts out with a house in the hood but then moves out to Vinewood. No longer can I buy a house in the hood, walk out the door and start shooting rival gang members like in SA. Now I have to drive from Vinewood all the way down to the 'bad' part of town, or take a cab and just steal a car when I get there. They saved all of the purchaseable safehouses for 'GTA Online'. So, if you only want to play singleplayer or don't have an internet connection, R* is basically saying screw you.

- The world map is bigger than SA only because of the ocean. I would have much rather preferred more land. Rockstar claimed that the world map for this game would be bigger than Red Dead Redemption and GTA IV combined with "the oceans, land and enterable locations." Well, the ocean is boring and there really is no point in being underwater and the enterable locations are very few and far between. There is A strip club, one, and about 15 gas stations that are all copy and paste. If you've been in one gas station you've seen 'em all. There are a bunch of clothing stores but they are copy and paste aswell, with just 3 different types. Suburban, Discount and a high-end one. There are also a few banks to go into but you can't do anything with them and they are also copy and paste. For Rockstar to claim that this is the biggest world yet just because of the ocean is very misleading advertising.

-On a random encounter mission, you had to transport a guy to the airport and when you got him there he tells you to buy stock that isn't listed on the stock market webpage.

-Vehicle Customization is back and was a major feature missing from IV.

-Stock market is a waste of time after you've completed the assasination missions. Also there isn't an option to short sell stock when you know the CEO for example will be assasinated.

-The movie studio was too short-lived.

-Fast-food resturants are still around but you can't interact with them at all or even go inside.

If you have ever played GTA: San Andreas you will know this game sucks but if you started playing GTA with IV you will think this game is the best in the franchise. Well, it isn't. The story sucks, the gameplay sucks, the characters are boring, the driving is very old style, overall just the worst GTA. After 5 years and over 260 million dollars this is the best R* can come up with? I guess paying for reviews on all those gaming sites aren't cheap.
  31. Oct 11, 2013
    Gta 5 was very fun at the begining but after a few hours I started to see its flaws. Gun play and movement felt chopy and The world may look amazing but after a while of exploreing you find that it is just as empty as all of the other gta worlds. With all of this hype i expected more from gta 5.
  32. Oct 15, 2013
    This game is so overrated by critics. It's not worth a 10/10! The map is very large, but there is not much to do than in other GTA. Many many bug. Some Frustrating gameplay. Automatic shooting is so boring. This is a disappointment for me. Too many promises unfulfilled. Who wants to play golf, tennis etc We can not even sell our car. And I'm not talking about Online!!!
  33. Oct 20, 2013
    Every thing about this game is great, everything is possible and makes there no point in buying any other games for the next decade. Nothing is perfect, and, in truth it deserves a 9.7
  34. Oct 20, 2013
    If I could recommend you a true generation defining game I would tell you about GTAV. This game often brings me the nostalgia of San Andreas. The 3 main characters bring innovation to a series which is going anything from gone 10/10 Masterpiece
  35. Oct 21, 2013
    GTA V is a reasonably good game, great graphics, good story-line, able to immerse myself quite easily. Online segment is good, but not great, some bugs and connectivity issues, but then with tens of millions of people trying to join at once, what do you expect?

10/10 would buy again (and I am, on PC)
  36. Oct 24, 2013
    GTA 5 is easily the best game of this generation and any review that gives it a 0 is clearly not serious in any way shape or form. Rockstar have created a masterpiece on very ageing systems and have squeezed as much potential that gamers didn't even know existed as this game pushes the boundaries and excels past any title in existence on the 360 and PS3.

The wonderful location, the
    stunning characters and intriguing story make this an amazing experience. The sheer attention to detail is unreal and the story just flows beautifully. The fun factor combined with the online feature is just brilliant and can be enjoyed for hours day after day.

In terms of longevity; the game does lack once the main story is completed as a solo player. You have a few minor missions which offer little in interest or fun, the mini games tire after a while and most of the city becomes obsolete which is a shame. The customisation isn't quite as in-depth as Saints Row and I feel R* gave a false impression when we assumed you could purchase properties dotted around the city when you only have fixed safe houses. With no gang territories to capture; the City can feel bare on completion so DLC may be a necessity and considering how much of the stunningly detailed city is untouched; I think it's a distinct possibility.

Despite the flaws; this game pushes the consoles to the limit and surpasses anything we've seen in this generation.
  37. Oct 25, 2013
    It's an amazing game but sadly some trolls are making it look like a decent game. It's also a very big map and has many things to explore. Just watch out for a Mexican gang in the wilderness though. Not the best game in history but definitely one of the best!
  38. Oct 27, 2013
    This game seriously can't be praised enough!! I'm constantly in shock in regards to how big the world is and how much you can do. The story is incredible, the voice talents are phenomenal and the game play is second to none. I have been a hard core gamer for many many years. I can honestly say this game has is definitely in my top 5 of all games played. We need to reward game studios for their efforts because it encourages them to push the boundaries and provide us with hours of enjoyment. I hope they come out with DLC... I'm not ready for the Los Santos story to end anytime soon!! Expand
  39. Oct 29, 2013
    This game is beautiful. The graphics are a huge improvement from GTA 4 and I believe that it is on of the best games of the generation. There is always something to do, steal a jet, jump off mount Chiliad, the possibilities are endless. 10/10
  40. xa4
    Nov 3, 2013
    All what I'm disappointed in GTA5 is the terrible score users gave it, and GTA5 deserves a perfect score of 10/10 or atleast a 9 to be fair. Honestly, I hope all those awful people who gave it a zero must be some sort of a special retard 'cause they don't know what they're talking about!! Please retards, it's already hard enough to not use mean words and bad language on you morons...

Right, back too the review...

If you played every game out there that exists on xbox, you should probably know how flawless and excellent GTA5 runs on the 360 system for such a outrageously huge game with tons of features, story contexts, beautiful graphics, gameplay dynamics and physics etc.

GTA5 is simply just a spectacular piece of art by Rockstar© and I salute to them for such a wonderful achievement of a title in gaming history.

And please to those who haven't played GTA5 yet, don't believe what the retarded morons of noobville has to say of this great establishment in gaming.

Ps. This game is not for the faint hearted, and if you don't like it then don't review it! 'Cause then it is not meant for your liking....
  41. Dec 17, 2013
    Please note THIS IS A EXPEREMENT to see how people react to the review; nothing im saying is actually true becouse of the 150 character minimum. here is my fake review: "this is the crappyest game i have EVER played, bad ai, all you do i rob banks and kill people
  42. Jan 21, 2014
    Best game I have played!

Ratings:

Graphics: 9/10

Storyline: 7/10

Gameplay: 10/10

Characters: 10/10

Instead of buying a next gen console and replacing it, go ahead and buy this for the next year or two!
  43. Jan 7, 2014
    This is the best game I have ever played, the story is great, and hilarious, and the side missions are just great, for example strangers and freaks. But it's not only the missions and the side missions, the map is huge so it's awesome just cruising in a muscle all around los santos. This game should get a WAY better score then it does.
  44. Feb 20, 2014
    Best Game Everrrrrr!!! The games story wasn't the best but it was just so fun and just the humongous size of the map was very impressive. The graphics were also very good and it had some funny parts in it that just make you laugh. I have never liked the auto aim and i didn't like it here but it was fine since I was still able to get passed all the levels.
  45. Feb 1, 2014
    Very disappointing. The missions are not as exciting as previous games in the series, and this was meant to be the best in the series. The graphics are good, but graphics don't make a game. The story is bad, the cutscenes are too varied in length and GTA Online is the only good bit other than the graphics. Plus the 360 version has a lot of glitches.
  46. Mar 2, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V.. Compared to IV Is easily the most overhyped game I've seen in a while. The things it does better firstly, is obviously the graphics, they are beautiful and reflective and pushes these ageing consoles to their max. But some textures on clothes were really muddy looking. And that's it... Now the things it fails on. Story: unlike able protagonists, all three of them, didn't really feel like authentic people more of a exaggeration of stereotypes. The story is the same Rockstar trend. Work for someone, get betrayed, get revenge. So it feels uninspired.

Gameplay: what has changed? It's still your third person cover shooter, requires no skill what's so ever all you have to do is run to a good cover spot, peek out, and do a head shot. Wow, and what's the point of all these weapons? It's easy as **** anyways. Not like there is different styles to play through with.
    "Silencers" rigggght about that, well that never worked.
    I like the driving, but wish they improved the crash physics, this isn't NFS I want, it would be far more immersive if they had the sense of urgency to not crash in high speed chases, but hey if your going 200 mph and hit another car? Just a scratch, cars most have one strong body shell huh.

Content: well yes it has a fair bit of hours packed into this game, but it's unrewarding, seriously I'm gonna collect all this for TEN DOLLARS?? Lol, that was a waste of time, a lot of the side missions are collectibles, like it's not really my favourite thing in the first place, but al least far cry 3 gave you XP, this is they give you money. The economy in this games is pointless, buy all these landmarks and do Repititive missions for and not be able to go into the club you own?

To keep it shorter, I'm a single player gamer and this is the most uninspired, waste of time. If you want an amazing single player game? This is not it.
  47. Mar 8, 2014
    A superfluous experience; visually impressive, but ultimately a bland experience. The three main characters only have a single motive: ill-gotten wealth. They may've intentionally substituted plot for an enjoyable experience, but both aspects fall flat. There isn't much fun to bad had that hasn't already been doable in the previous instalments. Multiplayer is also a bore; a hodgepodge of boring activities that replace searchable lobbies for each game-type, a poor money system, and a lame selection of games to choose from after a match ends. The game's story is worth experience once, but that's about it, really. Hardly an improvement over it's predecessor. It still suffers from he Sandbox Paradox; You can do anything you want to do, so long as it is within the permitted bounds of the game; you can choose how to plan a bank robbery, but only with the listed options provided. Expand
  48. Apr 16, 2014
    Awesome graphics,awesome game play,awesome story,everything in this game is awesome.The mechanic of use 3 characters in the same time works pretty well.The multiplayer is one of the best online modes I ever seen.Better than San Andreas,better than GTA lV,the best GTA of all time(until now,of course)
  49. May 22, 2014
    Okay, Arguably the Biggest game of the year, and one of the last big games of the generation, GTA V had a lot of hype surrounding it. And I'll just say that it was worth the wait. The game is pretty damn good. Now some people are gonna disagree with me on certain things I write in this review, most probably about the multiplayer portion of the game, GTA Online. But let e start off with the story portion of the game. It's definitly the best thing you'll get out of this game, at least at the moment. The characters, the setting, the vehicles, the guns, the side-quests, the entire GTA V universe is amazing. The feeling I got after I'd installed the second disc and the game finally began, was just.... damn. I was basically like OHHHAAWWWW SHEEEIT , OH MAH GAWD GTA V, OH MA GAWWD LOOK AT THE GRAPHICS THIS IS THE BEST GAME EVER MADE. Basically, it was hype. Now the game starts off really well, with really likeable characters and good missions, that aren't just go here then there, kill this guy or whatever. they're well mixed and varied. The game actually features some of the best missions in the series, and they usually involve Trevor in some way or form. (Best character in my opinion) The heists are some of the most memorable moments i had with the story mode, especially a certain one, mid way through the game that involves a minigun. But they're not the only stand-out moments, the story between Michael and Trevor is the main driving force through the game, and they're involved in some of the best bit's, with some real tense moments throughout the story. The other character i've not mentioned is Franklin, who in my opinion is out shined by the other two when they're all together. Franklin was best when he was on his with one or the other, or when he was with others, such as Lamar. (who's a really good character as well). The story is filled with well written characters who you'll love and hate, and some great twists and turns.

Now what most people care about is the actual gameplay, which i can say is as fun as it has been. Now there are some changes to how the game plays, which is expected.

The biggest difference from GTA IV is the driving. It's a lot more fast paced and responsive the it previously was, with it veering more towards the feel of the 3D era GTA games, (GTA III, Vice City, San Andreas) which i think is good direction to go in. I didn't have a problem with GTA IV's driving physics, but it did take me a while to get used to them, and I can see that some people would prefer it to GTA IV's. Planes return at last, along with helicopters, boats, cars, motorbikes and bicycles(Finally!). A new addition to the family is the submersible, a submarine that allows easy exploration of the sea. The beautiful sea. Seriously, the sea looks amazing. Water reacts realistically, with waves becoming bigger and more violent during storms, rocking your boat all over the place. The sea is also fully mapped, with collectables scattered throughout it. You can also take a diving suit out, a swim underwater freely, without the need to go back up for air.... Although you may want to keep your wits about you unless you want to become shark food.

Animals have finally arrived into the GTA universe, although they are only really there to immerse you more into the game, they don't really serve any purpose like they did in Red Dead Redemption, another Rockstar game. There is a hunting mini game, but it's not as accessible as it was in Red Dead. When you've done it once, you've really experienced all it's got to give.You can even have a go at bounty hunting, although there are only four bountys in the entire game. Tennis, Golf, Darts and Yoga are Among the more conventional minigames you can have a go at, which is strange because I though they would have included all the other ones for GTA IV and it's episodes, which included Air hockey, Bowling and Pool, all of which would have been great for multiplayer. The story mode is great though overall, with a ton of stuff to do. Loads of missions, side missions, collectables, money to be made (use the stock market!) and fun to be had messing around in the world.

Now to the online portion of the game, GTA Online was hyped up immensely in the pre-release videos that were released for the game, and I have to say that it isn't as good as people expected it to be. While it was said that there would be tons of vareity to the game, and loads of different things to do, it really comes down to what you and your friends come up with while playing to keep the game entertaining.
    Obviously there's a lot of improvement over GTA IV's multiplayer, which was pretty basic, but for some reason i prefer GTA IV's multiplayer over V's. With GTA IV's multiplayer, there was no reason to get angry or annoyed with the game, there was never any penalties for dying or messing about , that's what made it so great. With GTA V's multiplayer, It makes you feel a lot more restrictive in how you play. It's the $.
  50. May 27, 2014
    An awesome game ! I did not liked GTA 4, I was waiting for an other GTA like the San Andreas episode.
    A fun, beautiful and very distracting game ! The Online is a real big change and a good surprise too !

Story is awesome
  51. May 28, 2014
    One of the only games I give a 10, besides Playstation exclusive The Last Of Us.

What I consider a 10 game is a well developed story, filler activities that keep you engaged, and the replay value. This game gave us excellent graphics, almost photorealistic on the Xbox 360, a funny and intriguing story, and lots of things to buy the money you earned in the game with. Now every game has
    its flaws, the online component of the game could be updated more often, it can get insanely repetitive, and not enough cash is there to be made. This is largely due to the fact that GTA:Online has micro transactions, so they are trying to box players into buying more in game money, because it takes so long to build up enough cash to do what you want online. I take issue with that in some regard, but hey companies have to keep revenue going somehow. Other than that the game is truly a masterpiece. Expand
  52. Oct 3, 2013
    GTAV is the best game if all time. Even with the early connectivity issues for the GTA Online, it is an amazing experience, just so easy to get consumed in the Los Santos world. Actually completing missions, or just murdering randoms, then escaping from police, this game is a must buy. Anyone who doesn't like this game is not alive or has never actually played it.
  53. Nov 6, 2013
    This game is wonderful. From story to multi-player, everything feels polished and well thought out.

I have had more fun on this game than I have in years. Welcome back GTA.
  54. Sep 17, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. all in all is another GTA with some improvements in gameplay. But what really annoyed me were the graphics, lame lame lame... more for "the most expensive game". huge turn off in that field. besides that it´s another GTA, I hope someday the game series can change a bit the success formula (drugs, stealth and sex), maybe a new idea would have been a female character in the group of main players.. but hey... can't blame me for dreaming a better game Expand
  55. Oct 6, 2013
    I am only rating this as a response to all the dummies that gave it a 0 or a 1 just to try and bring the score down. Rate stuff accurately you idiots, otherwise this site becomes useless. The game is in the range of 8 to 10 depending on particular elements. A 0 or 1 rating would suggest it is one of the worst games of all time. Really?
  56. Oct 7, 2013
    If you're the average twenty-something, you've probably become a little jaded and bored of the same old thing every year with sequels. Grand Theft Auto V definitely delivers more of the same, but it also offers way more than I would ever have expected. Immersive is the word that comes to mind. Rockstar have really outdone themselves this time. There's just so many good things to point to that it's a little overwhelming. The sheer scope of Los Santos alone, from a hillside at night will actually give you chills. The graphics are simultaneously breathtaking and retro, and yes, I mean that even on a console.

This game is dense with quality fun. The satire is fresh, hilarious and in your face around every corner. Rather than go into detail, I'll just say that I highly recommend it to anyone, if only for the experience. Kids, this is San Andreas all over again, and I couldn't be more satisfied. Money well spent!
  57. Oct 23, 2013
    You know that feeling you get... that sad feeling you get when Christmas day is over and you realize that the day you've anticipated for so long has come and gone? That's how I felt when the credits started rolling when I completed GTA 5. This is actually the first GTA I've played. Yes, there are shocking moments, but this game is a masterpiece. It's my guilty pleasure for sure. The story is awesome and the gameplay is so fun. Worth every penny and more. Expand
  58. Nov 7, 2013
    It is a great game actually the best game in Quality terms that I ever played. The world is that detailed that you would concider it art in a technical sense, not in an intellectual way, though it is a nice satire on nowadays society like the Simpsons for example.
  59. Dec 19, 2013
    Absolutely the first GTA since San Andreas that I can't find a fault in, just awesome game and only complaint is the radio isn't quite as good as I thought it would be. Characters are well thought out but I do miss the Celebrity Cameos but I'll forgive that, worth the wait!!!!
  60. Apr 5, 2014
    A superb creation of incomparable detail and awe that is filled to the brim with interesting content and hilarious satire of American culture. The story focuses on three anti-heroes who pull off a series of explosive heists. The single-player took me about 50 hours to complete, including a few of the shenanigans and side-activities I participated in. I have put almost 150 hours into the online portion of the game that is, while flawed, an extremely fun variety of missions, races and deathmatches of the highest caliber. Grand Theft Auto V fulfills the empty promises Grand Theft Auto IV put forward back in 2008 and I think it's safe to say that the game is possibly the best open world game ever crafted. Bravo Rockstar. Expand
  61. Nov 21, 2013
    Everything Grand Theft Auto was imagined and suppose to be. After being an overrated sandbox game for years Rockstar managed to put out one of the game with the most value and depth out there. Should not disappoint anyone. Racing feels as fun as any racing game out there. Integrated Social Club is a nice touch also.
  62. Oct 11, 2013
    GTA V is a new king of genre and best game in franchise. Incredibly looking, diverse world, various and funny gameplay, user friendly in a good way, improve in many aspect. Interesting, ordinary and deep 3 characters from different places, with totally different social status and ground. interaction with and between them, dramatic and cool story. If you have something against this game than it`s probably your personal wishes, not objective problems.
    I absolutely accept low ratings because of GTA Online. But only it. If someone gave this game 4-0 rating just for SP, than he sure don`t know much about games and it`s history(especially) and he only play a real gamer. He is not bigger gamer than my grandma. If he/she play games, than it`s worst than when he never play any game. Cause he/she doesn`t have gamer heart.
  63. Oct 6, 2013
    after around 55-60 hours of GTA V i can definitively say this is the most fun i have had with a videogame in a long time. this game is so many games in one and often does it better than many other straight driving, sports and shooting games. with the addition of a huge story, tonnes of cool and interesting characters, great character customisation and so many things to discover, see and do within the world i can't recommend it highly enough. Expand
  64. Mar 24, 2014
    Probably the most disappointing GTA title I've ever played. When you make a game in San Andreas and tell us "hey guys this is the largest map in GTA history!" we would expect San Andreas to be there on it's entirety, with San Fierro, Las Venturas, everything there was on the old Playstation 2 classic and more, not just a crappy island with Los Santos plus a lot of useless countryside to the north. With this title the series has become more casual than ever, you're even able to control your car mid-air and the vehicle controls have changed quite a lot (for worse): they turn faster, riding feels a lot easier than in previous titles and it's hard to actually lose control of your car even when it's pretty messed up. Wanna buy a badass safehouse for your favorite character? Too bad, you can't. Even though there are several houses to buy on GTA Online, you can't buy them in Story mode because screw logic. GTA Online is not a big deal too, there's a limit of 20 players per server so you won't be seeing the all-out war we expected, and finding custom game matches (race, deathmatch, etc) is frustrating, as you rarely find a lobby with more than 2 or 3 players, even after waiting a long period of time for people to enter. GTA IV had full races anytime, it's matchmaking system was so much better and simple than this **** I would (maybe) advise on getting this game anyway, it's still fun, of course, but not what we expected. Rockstar can't make up for the disappointment of the casual gameplay and the incomplete San Andreas even with a horde of DLCs. Expand
  65. Sep 21, 2013
    A strong and mature tale of three criminals, painted under the beautiful sun-drenched setting of San Andreas. Rockstar Games definitely spared no expense making sure that every detail that could fit into the 7 year old consoles was in the game, making this the most packed GTA tittle to date; full of things to see and do. It blends all the great elements from Rockstar's recent tittles to create a perfect gameplay balance, full of WOW moments. The game comes highly recommended, but keep the children away. Expand
  66. Mar 7, 2014
    Would probably be a good game, but good god, Console controls are just terrible. Driving in any decent car is just impossible and forget trying to shoot anything. Here's hoping they sim launch PC someday, but probably wont because they fear the evil Pirate.
  67. Sep 19, 2013
    Greatest game ever in my very honest opinion, every penny profit R* make from this game is well deserved! it has set a new standard in gaming that very few developers could ever achieve! I could spend all day just talking about how great it is, but you have to play it yourself to truly understand the scope! well done Sam, Dan and the rest of the amazing team which made this game what it is. On a side note I've noticed a lot of negative reviews for this game on Metacritic, If you truly believe this game is rubbish and not worth a second of your time then fair enough! but if you are going to post bad reviews based on the fact a PC version has not been announced then maybe you don't deserve a pc version at all! R* have made GTA games like this for ages, what makes people think that they should be self entitled to something just because they play pc? most smart people nowadays own a pc and console. Expand
  68. Jan 12, 2014
    This is my pro/con review of GTA V: Pros: - Really funny script - Really fun gameplay - D@*m fun story - Long playtime - Controls are fantastic (Except for rare occasions where the gunplay sucks.) - Graphics that are almost next gen level, on current gen. Cons: - But unfortunately i was disappointed in the amount of side activities that you can do. (Imo GTA IV had more side activities.)
    - There's only 3 or 4 heists you can do. (although the ones you do are really fun.)
    - GTA Online is a disappointment, don't get me wrong, it is fun too. Just nowhere near as much fun as i thought it was going to be.
    - I thought the soundtrack mostly sucked (It has mostly rap, and i hate rap. The soundtrack they made for the game though is really good.)

Overall I really loved this game, but it was a slight disappointment. I put over 40 hours into it, but some of those hours were spent being bored, because you don't really have much to do, at the end of the day I really recommend it, but if you were expecting it to have lots of stuff to do, be prepared to get slightly disappointed.
  69. Nov 6, 2013
    A perfect game??? Give me a break. GTA 5 is an ambitious, huge open world, but Rockstar bit off more than they can chew and it shows. Between the half-baked story and obnoxious, frequently unlikable characters it's no wonder gamers sign on to mindlessly run over pedestrians for 2 hours. The writing tries to have social commentary that one game critic calls "sublime" and that it "makes you think". But really, it's pseudo-intellectual, politically confused and mean-spirited. Cliché jabs and the US government hardly make you think. Re-wording a business name into a dick joke is hardly "sublime". The jabs at liberals through the Impotent Rage character fall flat because they don't ring true. Comedy has to be rooted in reality to work. The Republican Space Marines jokes are so directionless and rooted in nothing that they're just annoying background noise. You're left to navigate in a tired genre with occasional fresh moments like the bank robberies. The drive-the-car-from-A-to-B missions got old about 5 years ago. The racing missions aren't noteworthy even thought the environments can be pretty. You can try signing on to GTA online and watch your character get randomly sniped and run over while you're simply trying to level and earn money, but it becomes a frustrating and annoying experience. Bizarrely, you're not allowed to steal cars that belong to other gamers. Does anyone see a contradiction there in a game called GRAND THEFT AUTO? You're even penalized for damaging the cars of other players. All of this doesn't even speak to the buggy game mechanics that are unacceptable for a post-beta release.

Rockstar deserves acknowledgement for creating such a large, difficult project, but they also deserve criticism for lack of completion. It was their choice. The underdeveloped story and programming are predictable. That said, where are the real video game critics in all of this? Where is the SERIOUS criticality? Are they too busy counting money that Rockstar bought them off with? It's completely unethical for video game journalists to gloss over the shortcomings of any game. Fanboys will (annoy us with their irrational rah-rah-rah exuberance, but critics owe us authentic assessment. If video games are to be respected as an art it begins with serious, honest criticism, not across the board 10/10s. We ALL deserve better.

There is fun to be had in this game, though it's largely an off-story, masterbatory experience. If you've never or barely played the GTA series you'll probably enjoy the tired missions and game mechanics. If you're a politically confused quasi-libertarian, have mean-spirited tendencies, and think changing facebook's name to "Lifeinvader" is "deep" you'll probably love this game over.
  70. Sep 20, 2013
    This is such a difficult game to score. It's comfortably the best overall GTA game ever made in my view (note the word "overall"); however, it has just too many minor faults and annoyances to give it the perfect score.

First up graphically, it's a little disappointing. This isn't helped by the incomprehensible decision not to release on the PC simultaneously. There is a fair amount of
    frame rate issues as they get every last bit of life from the ageing Xbox 360 architecture. The end result is game that looks stretched to the seams.

Secondly, the mini games are by and large a massive disappointment. Tennis is abysmal (they could have taken the mechanics from a famous old Sega Saturn tennis title and placed it in the game wholesale and it would have improved things massively), triathlon is torturous etc. It's a big issue because the mini games should be an entertaining distraction when you want a break from the main game, and an overall addition to the sandbox environment that you should look forward to as you drive past instead, you'll play them once and avoid like the plague.

Third whilst the story is "good", I wouldn't call it a masterpiece of a script. The overall arch is strong enough to maintain interest, and the characters of Michael and particularly Trevor are very strong. The problem is the three character mechanic, which is both a blessing and a curse. It produces a wonderful new play experience, along with a disjointed narrative that jars for the first 10 hours of gameplay until you adjust somewhat.

Other minor nuisances are the reduced car damage physics in comparison to GTA IV (you can hit a truck head on and survive nine times out of ten), the minimap is very primitive and on a "slant" which makes navigation difficult to begin with, certain aspects of the game are poorly explained by the on screen tooltips and the 8GB storage requirement was poorly communicated before release, catching a few consumers out.

But that's pretty much where the faults end and the fact it's easier to list the faults says it all. In fact, I'm clearly nitpicking! Sure, they deserve a mention, but none of the above are game killers and are nowhere near close to being so.

It's the jack of all trades of gaming it takes the best of Skyrim, Red Dead, GTA IV, Saints Row and seemingly every other AAA title this generation has to offer, slaps a beautifully realised world around the core mechanics, covers in delicious social commentary and parody and ultimately serve up a monumental gaming experience to a voracious gaming community.

It's an astonishing entertainment title, but is it the best "game" ever? In my opinion, no in fact, I don't even feel it's the best of its generation. But I can certainly understand those who feel it is, and with the multiplayer to come I have little hesitation in recommending this title to every gamer.
  71. Oct 14, 2013
    Only thing I can say about this masterpiece is: BEST GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED IN MY LIFE!!!!!! This is one of the greatest experiences you will have in any console EVER, BUY IT NOW!!!!!
  72. Sep 18, 2013
    if we don't stay on usual criticism you can see that GTA V is actually made very well to this concern the maps and the game world. For my opinion the only limit of the game is that was developed for old generation console and from here born the limitation attributed at the game. Maybe the storitelling is not so deep but for me in this kind of games it not so important. Surely on old generation console is not possible to do of better. How was said the developers have used each bit of might and generally have succeeded to get a good successor of GTA4. No one can say that was not added many more characteristics and detail. however many more than GTA4! My rating is 8 because however there are some "bug" but generally is a good game for this console generation. I think that is one of better open world game until now if we look the items and detail of the map of game. Expand
  73. Oct 10, 2013
    Its back and better than ever,This addition to the GTA franchise pays pure tribute to Rockstar Norths' passion for great open world games.The ups,and the downs make this game one of the greatest games ever;Balancing user play with a rich and colorful plot line.As for the multiplayer aspect,the game becomes a rounded experience where the game can be played competitively,or explored with friends.If i were to guarantee a game this year,it would be GTA V. Expand
  74. Oct 3, 2013
    This is a prime example of why game developers should not release a game every year. The shear scope and polish on this game is daunting. Some reviewers are complaining of bad graphics but considering the size of the world and the fact that its on hardware from 2006 is nothing short of a miracle. The only real issue I have is making money in single player is slower than it should be. The multiplayer is going through its hiccups but from what I've played it has tons of promise. Expand
  75. Oct 7, 2013
    Oops. Sorry. I've accidentally post my review on the XBOX 360 version. See my review for the PS3 version. Sorry for the mistake. I haven't been on the site for awhile. My apologies.
  76. Sep 30, 2013
    This game is awesome. This game has so much to offer. You really get your moneys worth. Don't listen to the trolls. I give this game a 9 and the only reason it does not get a 10 from me is there is no Heavy Metal station.
  77. Nov 1, 2013
    This is the best Ps3 game that i ever played and i think this game deserves a better user score. Wonderful musics original speechs biggest game map that ever build. Amazing
  78. Oct 16, 2013
    AMAZING... AMAZING story... AMAZING characters...

Steven Ogg (Trevor), Ned Luke (Michael) and Shawn “Solo” Fonteno (Franklin) are outstanding actors!

This "game" is way beyond anything ever made.

DOT
  79. Jul 4, 2014
    The Singleplayer is entertaining and the production value is high. However a lot of the side-missions lack incentive for completing and serve only as minor distractions. Though to the games defense they are all well made and fun. This also applies to the story-missions, which are all entertaining and add twists to what some consider a monotonous formula of "drive here and either shoot, collect or chase something."

GTA online is great. Lot's of modes and missions to play, some are incredibly fun. One that I enjoyed tasked two teams of four with collecting a package and returning it to their home base. The result was an explosive game of tug-of-war. There's a lot to say about GTA-online, but really all you need to know is that it's fun and the range of customisation is impressive.
  80. Sep 19, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A milestone. A masterpiece. What else is there to say about GTA V that hasn't been said? I don't think I'll have to explain why this is by far one of the best games there is and ever was.

Maybe I'll just give you my reasons, why I didn't rate this game with 10 out of 10.

01. Some bugs. There was a mission where I "learned" how to use the sniper rifle and I had to restart it because the needed animals to shoot just didn't show up. The NPC was wandering around saying everything was fine and dandy, but even when I ran over him and shot him, nothing happened. At the car wash I got pretty interesting insight in the car and character because the camera was wiggling around. Nothing big, but with this long development time these things seem to be avoidable.

02. The music stations. By god, there are many. Many, many, many. But if you find a station which you enjoy, it gets pretty repetitive. Many stations but fewer songs per station, i guess.

Aand... thats it. Why should this stop me from giving a perfect 10 out of 10? So they can make it even better next time.
  81. Oct 16, 2013
    It's been more than five years since Grand Theft Auto IV, but Grand Theft Auto V is most definitely worth the wait. Memorable missions, barnstorming heists, amusing side objectives and an almost impossibly immersive world to explore, make for the best Grand Theft Auto since Vice City and San Andreas. Rockstar has ensured that we'll get to see out this generation with a bang, and Grand Theft Auto V is the perfect swansong. It's a work of unbridled, flawless genius and a game that demands to be played to death. Expand
  82. Jun 11, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The GTA series is the best sandbox game out there. Not only is the single mode exciting, lively, full of action, but its also GRREEAAATT. Its online is also a very good part and I think its the best section. You get to create your character buy what you want (earning your money) including cars, apartments, and even clothes! I recommending buying this game right away if you dont already have it. Expand
  83. Nov 5, 2013
    Great game. GTA Online is really the only thing you can play though after you beat the story. Once you beat the story GTA 5 becomes Retirement Simulator 2013.
  84. Jan 23, 2014
    This is one of those few games that you absolutely must own. The story is great, the graphics are AMAZING, the gameplay is wonderful, and GTA Online is the funnest I have ever had with multiplayer. Worth the $60 or your regional equivalent.
  85. Oct 5, 2013
    Beautifully designed masterpiece, a quality game that really shows the true workmanship of Rockstar Games. The story is beautifully written and had me immersed at all times, the action was non-stop from the get go and the Online feature just takes the best things out of single player and combines the fun with your friends. Can't wait to see what Rockstar Games does next! Oh and btw, we need a good PC version! Expand
  86. Jan 11, 2014
    Don't get me wrong, this is a great game. Is it the hail almighty best fuc**** game ever? No.
    There's a lot of repetition within missions, and 2 of the 3 characters are very, VERY cliche. I ended up face palming many of the writer's lines.
    I would wait until the price goes to around 30-40$.
  87. Nov 14, 2013
    Virtual reality with a control pad! Single player's a great story. GTA Online's an amazing place to lose yourself in, even better with friends! The ultimate evolution of living world sandbox games.
  88. Feb 10, 2014
    I myself at first had great fun with this title, yet the fun very much wears thin after an extremely short amount of time. You see, the game has so much, and believe me a lot of it is very appreciable and is fun, yet so so much of it is painfully sub-par. Allow me to make an example, in one mission playing as Trevor (who buy the way is a psychopath who should have far better things to do with his time, such as blowing up international airports and banging women) in which I had to blend into a work environment in order to plan a robbery, and this involved using a crane to stack crates. FOR HALF AN HOUR. THIS MONEY GRABBING, 9.5 ACTION AWESOME BADASS TITLE HAS ME STACKING CRATES AND A DOCK FOR HALF AND HOUR. GOD! I hope future titles in the Grand Theft Auto series have far less grindy nonsense than this overblown bore. Expand
  89. Nov 7, 2013
    One of the best games ever, only rival to skyrim and last of us, on this gen, please explain why the low scores, i think this is the best in the gta series with all you need about mafia, cars and action, a true masterpiece by legendary rockstar studio
  90. Jan 3, 2014
    Masterpiece. Only word to describe the game.

The graphics are beautiful, gameplay is completly playable, characters have emotions, a character, a behaviour. This giant open world map makes the game even more better. Wide selection of vehicles, weapons, races... The game has one problem. The Online has connection issues. But, regardless, game of the year.
  91. Dec 31, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto V pushes the boundaries of what a game can do, especially on such dated hardware. The game is beautiful, the map is huge, and the world is fun to traverse. Tons of different activities ensure many hours of playtime, and none of these activities ever fail to be boring.
  92. Jul 17, 2014
    This game is SO over achieved. Saints row is a lot better than this crap. For 1 it is WAY to inappropriate, You can walk into a strip club, who's idea was that? The game play in here is nothing new, open world, go into anyone's care, and just drive around and shoot people. Oh and not only that 3 characters! This game is WAY to inappropriate for anybody to play. And it is WAY to over achieved. Trust me, do not buy this game, it is a waste of money and a waste of time. Probably gonna get tons of 10 year old haters for this. Expand
  93. Jan 4, 2014
    Anyone who bought the game for GTA: O should reflect upon their lives.

The plot is full of tropes but the performances given by the entire cast are rock solid. GTA V is encrusted with crude dialogue and ultra violent scenarios. Everyone knows what the GTA formula consists of. This time around, it's Los Santos which steals the show. The attention to detailed is unparallelled. GTA V has
    rendered every other open world game, including it's own installments, obsolete. It is peerless. Expand
  94. May 30, 2014
    Great, massive, overwhelming, impressive, all round game. swimming, running, driving, shooting. and everything you can wish. Gta needs no introduction, Amazing experiences worth bullet loads of cash! Rock star games has a winner right here! Bigger and better than any previous Gta. The gaming heaven. You're not playing this game for a emotional story. however a laugh, some fun and some seriously fu*ked up characters to go along with. Expand
  95. Feb 18, 2014
    I always really disliked the GTA franchise, however, I gave GTA V a shot and I have not regretted it. With a very well executed storyline, gameplay (offline and online), and so much more, GTA V is without a doubt a pure masterpiece of a video game
  96. Sep 20, 2013
    Well now that I have at least played 15 hours I have to say that this game does not disappoint. It is the biggest well though out open world game I have ever played. It truly deserves the praise it is getting and more to come when Online finally releases.
  97. Mar 28, 2014
    The most influencial gameplay that i've ever played! With three-time anti hero, Los Santos had never been better, with the Gangsters, Bank Robber, and the psychopath guy which was three-time awesome. The system was really awesome with the core mechanic and 10 times kicking than Grand Theft Auto IV!
  98. Sep 19, 2013
    Fulfilled my expectation. Definitely better than IV as the missions are much more varied and over the top. Vehicles are mostly fun however Voice acting is a bit off sometimes also most of the interiors still couldn't be accessed. I'd rather they reduce the size of that desert to do a better job on interior and underground levels design. This is the way to push the series forward. Missions are also feel way too linear at times, you would fail a mission if they just spot you, or you don't use the car the devs want you to. A true openess mission design would be appreciated the next installment. Two more weeks and the online will be released and I think that's the money they mainly spent on. Expand
  99. Nov 2, 2013
    A just about perfect game in almost every way; great, engaging story, funny and likable characters, and the most importantly a world rich with detail that you can basically destroy and get into an endless battle with the police. It is all around great and not much more needs to be said about the game. If I had only one gripe with the game and it is not about the single player; it is that the multiplayer has a lot of improvement that needs to be made, such as faster times getting into a game and a more rewarding mission payout. Other than that, I see GTA Online going far and that GTA V is certainly a contender for me as Game of The Year. Expand
  100. Sep 30, 2013
    This game so far is my second favorite game of the year first being The Last of Us however this is also the 2nd best game i have played this Gen and my favorite game on the Xbox 360. The games characters are unexpectedly really good and not what i expected.

The shooting mechanics are better than average however they are not outstanding.

Its story is amazing where normally open world
    games lack a story that grips the player but this was not the case with this game the story had me gripped and once i started i found it hard to stop playing.

it's driving mechanics are improved from GTA 4 but some cars still fell like driving a brick around but that normally it depends on the car.

However i believe this game is around about a 9-9.2 i believe it is not worth a 9.7 since it has done so many things right but the game had got minor flaws that i an afraid bring it down a bit.

1. Dec 12, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto V offers one of the best sandbox experiences ever, filled to the brink with stuff to do. The vistas are magnificent and amazing stuff just seems to happen wherever you go. But at the same time the story is tired and the characters unoriginal. Your appreciation of Grand Theft Auto V will depend of what you want out of the series. The freedom and joy of discovery is hard to beat but the rest still has some ways left to go.
  2. Nov 6, 2013
    GTA V continues the game series' tradition of raising the bar for open world action games.
  3. Nov 5, 2013
    Tons of gameplay hours, plenty of missions and activities with an awesome collection of vehicles of various modes of transportation and a large array of firearms put the grandeur once again into Grand Theft Auto.