8.1

1. Nov 1, 2013
    This is the best Ps3 game that i ever played and i think this game deserves a better user score. Wonderful musics original speechs biggest game map that ever build. Amazing
  2. Oct 16, 2013
    AMAZING... AMAZING story... AMAZING characters...

Steven Ogg (Trevor), Ned Luke (Michael) and Shawn “Solo” Fonteno (Franklin) are outstanding actors!

This "game" is way beyond anything ever made.

DOT
  3. Sep 19, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A milestone. A masterpiece. What else is there to say about GTA V that hasn't been said? I don't think I'll have to explain why this is by far one of the best games there is and ever was.

Maybe I'll just give you my reasons, why I didn't rate this game with 10 out of 10.

01. Some bugs. There was a mission where I "learned" how to use the sniper rifle and I had to restart it because the needed animals to shoot just didn't show up. The NPC was wandering around saying everything was fine and dandy, but even when I ran over him and shot him, nothing happened. At the car wash I got pretty interesting insight in the car and character because the camera was wiggling around. Nothing big, but with this long development time these things seem to be avoidable.

02. The music stations. By god, there are many. Many, many, many. But if you find a station which you enjoy, it gets pretty repetitive. Many stations but fewer songs per station, i guess.

Aand... thats it. Why should this stop me from giving a perfect 10 out of 10? So they can make it even better next time.
  4. Jan 23, 2014
    This is one of those few games that you absolutely must own. The story is great, the graphics are AMAZING, the gameplay is wonderful, and GTA Online is the funnest I have ever had with multiplayer. Worth the $60 or your regional equivalent.
  5. Feb 18, 2014
    I always really disliked the GTA franchise, however, I gave GTA V a shot and I have not regretted it. With a very well executed storyline, gameplay (offline and online), and so much more, GTA V is without a doubt a pure masterpiece of a video game
  6. Sep 20, 2013
    Well now that I have at least played 15 hours I have to say that this game does not disappoint. It is the biggest well though out open world game I have ever played. It truly deserves the praise it is getting and more to come when Online finally releases.
  7. Mar 28, 2014
    The most influencial gameplay that i've ever played! With three-time anti hero, Los Santos had never been better, with the Gangsters, Bank Robber, and the psychopath guy which was three-time awesome. The system was really awesome with the core mechanic and 10 times kicking than Grand Theft Auto IV!
  8. Sep 19, 2013
    Fulfilled my expectation. Definitely better than IV as the missions are much more varied and over the top. Vehicles are mostly fun however Voice acting is a bit off sometimes also most of the interiors still couldn't be accessed. I'd rather they reduce the size of that desert to do a better job on interior and underground levels design. This is the way to push the series forward. MissionsFulfilled my expectation. Definitely better than IV as the missions are much more varied and over the top. Vehicles are mostly fun however Voice acting is a bit off sometimes also most of the interiors still couldn't be accessed. I'd rather they reduce the size of that desert to do a better job on interior and underground levels design. This is the way to push the series forward. Missions are also feel way too linear at times, you would fail a mission if they just spot you, or you don't use the car the devs want you to. A true openess mission design would be appreciated the next installment. Two more weeks and the online will be released and I think that's the money they mainly spent on. Expand
  9. Sep 30, 2013
    This game so far is my second favorite game of the year first being The Last of Us however this is also the 2nd best game i have played this Gen and my favorite game on the Xbox 360. The games characters are unexpectedly really good and not what i expected.

The shooting mechanics are better than average however they are not outstanding. Its story is amazing where normally open world

Its story is amazing where normally open world games lack a story that grips the player but this was not the case with this game the story had me gripped and once i started i found it hard to stop playing.

it's driving mechanics are improved from GTA 4 but some cars still fell like driving a brick around but that normally it depends on the car.

However i believe this game is around about a 9-9.2 i believe it is not worth a 9.7 since it has done so many things right but the game had got minor flaws that i an afraid bring it down a bit.
  10. Oct 13, 2013
    this game deserves to be the best game of the year. even small details in this game is very amazing! there is negative things to say in this game. started playing gta since the vice city and no doubt rockstar really used alots of money indeed
  11. Sep 24, 2013
    Everything that is good in gaming is present in this title. Every time I buy a game I want to be transported somewhere that will help me forget how crappy life is and somehow re claim that magic awesome sauce feeling of the salad days of my youth. Thats all present in GTA 5. A beautiful wide open world filled with all the tiny details minds like mine like to ponder over. Worth everyEverything that is good in gaming is present in this title. Every time I buy a game I want to be transported somewhere that will help me forget how crappy life is and somehow re claim that magic awesome sauce feeling of the salad days of my youth. Thats all present in GTA 5. A beautiful wide open world filled with all the tiny details minds like mine like to ponder over. Worth every penny I spent on it. Most games cant come close to that saying. Thank you Rockstar. I know you treat your employees like slave laborers BUT its really producing a pyramid of gaming. Expand
  12. Oct 12, 2013
    this game was amazing,i was afraid that the story missions were gonna be boring but it really great,i have to admit it took alot of time to do the (fun) stuff but overall it was 30+ hours of complete crazy,fun,and beatiful graphics and gta online too
  13. Oct 15, 2013
    just f****ng amazing
    a masterpiece
    very funny game
    i done all missions of the game
    simply the best as all the rocksrar games
    it's very coll, cop's scape, assaults, races, and more
  14. Sep 20, 2013
    Really amazing evolution of the series, the radio station music is a bit of a letdown but the gameplay is excellent. I'm only 25% in so far but really liking the heists.

really didnt like Trevor at first but I gave him a big beard and some shades from ammunation and I swear he looks like Jack Nicholson now! Mucxh better
  15. Sep 19, 2013
    GTA V and Mass Effect 2 are in my opinion the best games of the generation. Well done Rockstar, it was def worth the wait. Everything is perfect in this game.
  16. Sep 20, 2013
    Rude, crude, vulgar and loads of fun! The world of Los Santos is rich in detail and character. Driving has been significantly improved. When I played GTA 4 the driving was so clunky I would often take a cab. Not anymore! I drive to all the missions and experience the sights and sounds of Los Santos. Another great feature is the water which now features waves and rapids. The story is solidRude, crude, vulgar and loads of fun! The world of Los Santos is rich in detail and character. Driving has been significantly improved. When I played GTA 4 the driving was so clunky I would often take a cab. Not anymore! I drive to all the missions and experience the sights and sounds of Los Santos. Another great feature is the water which now features waves and rapids. The story is solid and the heists are very enjoyable. I was expecting this game to be overrated. I can honestly say this game, unlike many others, deserves the hype. Expand
  17. Sep 25, 2013
    GTA V is... disappointing. Don't misunderstand me, it's still a good action game. In fact, it'll would be a great game if the game wasn't entitled "Grand Theft Auto". Before continuing, I have to say that I couldn't rate this game without comparing it to his predecessor, GTA IV.

For me, GTA IV was a big step in the evolution of the series. Not only the story became credible as it turn out to be an excellent critical view of the contemporary American society (protagonist who did not finished billionaire and leader of the world, secondary characters and friends with terrific personalities and backgrounds), but the graphics were improved and the game play became realistic as well (movements, driving). I big step indeed from the GTA III era.

But still, some people thought that some things were missing. Like planes and money value per example. GTA V promised to brings back the possibilities and actions from San Andreas and bring the most biggest map playable until today.

I bought the game, the 17th September like any true fan. But, two days later, without fully knowing it at the time, I wasn't that much enjoying the game. The characters backgrounds are really "cliché" and minimalist. Plus, it is very difficult to immerse in a world who wants to be a "virtual re-creation of real life", when the element of story ask you to go out in the desert, steal (alone) an army jet, kill the passengers (still alone) and make it explode in mid air while your jumping out of it doing a quadruple back flip in a jeep before literally kicking yourself out of the vehicle to land safely with minimal damage of the balcony of your mansion.

On the game play level now. One of the first missions is to steal a sports car. The game introduce you to driving. At high speed, I make my first left in trying to follow what looks like to be my partner. No accident, in fact when I turn right on the next intersection, I understood that I could easily turn at 120 mph without any problem. But at the third turn, I made an accident, crashed into a wall and hurting to death a young women on the way. The car did not seems to had any majors scratches... and the bloodstains!! I think the engine of PS2 does better than this! But at the same time, try to look, sitting on some any vinewoods hill mansion's roof the city of Los Santos at midnight... what a view... seriously... you can see the blur effect of the car light at a distance, it's completely different from the bloodstain that is still on your car just two foots behind you. That's what's GTA V is about, irregularities.

They promised a huge map... seriously, the huge map, you got it! But what does that means? Is it even a "good" point? I mean... Shadow of the Collossus had a huge map (people who played the game probably know what I mean). Shadow of the Collossus had an huge map, but with nothing really in it, but at least the emptiness of the map had a purpose for the player make him feel lonely. That's not what you really wanted in what is supposed to be the virtual Los Angeles... it is big, but empty. GTA IV had more pedestrians than GTA V. And the activities!? You'll have 100 hours of game play, they promised... Much activities! Well you can try to play the cheap golf mini-game, but after one game, maybe you prefer to play Tiger Woods PGA tour next time you have an urgent need of playing golf. The Tennis! it's cool, but the IA... what a fool... But hey, you can even hunt! Hunt..? Like animals? Yeah, like animals! So you can hunt them take them back as a trophy!? Well... not really. But you can shoot them! Oh... so like in Red Dead Redemption, shoot them for meats and sell it, cool... Hum... not that either... by shooting them, I meant... shooting... them... period... Oh...

The games want you to think that there is much to do out there, but it is simply an illusion. The game is fun, even if it seems that I saw just bad things in the game. No, the missions are probably the most exciting in all the series, but it sacrifices the immersion, the credibility. The fact that they are three protagonists isn't a bad idea, but you don't take a liking in any in particular, meaning that you don't want to spend more time than needed with any of the three of them.

I could go on and on, but I have to stop at some point, and that point is now. To finish, saying that the game worth a 0 out of 10 is purely childish, but to give it 10/10 well... let's say that some people are easy to please. Like I said, I give 7/10 because it is a GTA, and from a GTA, I had more expectations. If that's the orientation that the series choose to take well... you won't be seeing me, in the next few years, in a line waiting for the VI, like you don't see me in a line waiting for Call of Duty.
  18. Mar 13, 2014
    In GTA4 Rockstar created a living city, with 5 they've created a living, breathing, pulsating world led by three contrasting main characters whose very personalities and story arcs allow the player to vary their style from sensible story following to rampant carnage without ruining the intended experience of the overall storyline. With all the hype this needed to be Rockstars crowningIn GTA4 Rockstar created a living city, with 5 they've created a living, breathing, pulsating world led by three contrasting main characters whose very personalities and story arcs allow the player to vary their style from sensible story following to rampant carnage without ruining the intended experience of the overall storyline. With all the hype this needed to be Rockstars crowning achievement to date, and the Pixar of video game studios does not disappoint. Expand
  19. Sep 28, 2013
    There's no real reason that I shouldn't love this game, but something is missing. Maybe it's that there seem like there are more 'fetch' missions. Maybe it's just that you notice a fetch mission when it's sprawled out a much larger universe than Liberty City. The characters are kind of boring. I find myself skipping the cut scenes. The humor isn't quite there. It's technically great, andThere's no real reason that I shouldn't love this game, but something is missing. Maybe it's that there seem like there are more 'fetch' missions. Maybe it's just that you notice a fetch mission when it's sprawled out a much larger universe than Liberty City. The characters are kind of boring. I find myself skipping the cut scenes. The humor isn't quite there. It's technically great, and everything is as big and beautiful as I would have imagined. And maybe some of it is me intentionally doing the side missions in an attempt to delay finishing the game. I'm sure there is a ton of stuff that I just haven't seen yet, though I'm almost all of the way through the game. Finding Patrick McReary was a nice touch. Most of the controls are okay for me, though swimming is frustrating as hell, and there have been a few times when I couldn't just get them to go down three feet without spinning around in giant loops. I don't like switching to Trevor to find him already being pursued by the cops. I'll decide when I want to provoke a fight with the cops. Don't worry, Rockstar, it'll happen, but I might have something I want to do, and don't feel like accidentally walking into a car chase. Especially if you are going to make losing the police much harder in this version. Though I do appreciate that it is much harder to ditch the cops.
    I like the game a lot, but I don't like it as much as GTA IV, and while it is technically in another dimension, I don't have as much fun as I did with San Andreas.
  20. Oct 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. To make a review of a game this big.. Well, let's give it a try! This game cost a lot of money to make, but also became the fastest selling piece of media ever!

Before I start though, I want to make some things clear. I will NOT cover GTA Online in this review. And why did I put this review as a spoiler? Mainly because I'm also going to talk about the missions and characters themselves. So enough chatter, let's start the review!

The game starts with the usage of a mission, which is a great thing because it tests your skills while at the same time teaching you new mechanics the others GTA's didn't have yet. Later on, you are getting introduced to the protagonists one by one. Every protagonists have their negative points, but their positive points take over easily and they are all likeable. Franklin can be seen as a west coast character who has been helping out friends in a great way, while Micheal is a retired bank robber but due to some... Stupid but hilarious actions he was basically forced to get back into the thug life. And then there's Trevor... And he is absolutely hilarious. He's an extreme sadist who mostly cares about himself, but that is what makes him so great. What makes the story so good, is the usage of three characters and eventually make them get closer to each other. Michael and Trevor did know each other, but Franklin unfortunately didn't. But it was so good to see how he got along throughout the game just fine. The missions themselves are a nice addition, but the star of this section are the heists. For people who are unaware with this definition, it's basically a robbery on extreme levels. And they are worked out really great and also allow you to choose different options to complete the missions in a different way. The final mission, which I do not want to spoil, is an awesome satisfaction, depending on the choice you are getting. But the missions aren't the only thing story related. There is a new series of sidequests called ''Strangers and Freaks'' and my favourite of all, the Rampages for Trevor. They are downright hilarious. The easiest way to explain them is that there are people who piss Trevor off in any way, and he goes on a total rampage. There are also random events, which show up every now on then (depending on the time and place you are), Hobbies and pastimes which are Races and Sports such as tennis, and let's not forget about the collectibles. All of those are needed for 100% completion of the game. Now to get on with the gameplay. The gameplay didn't change too much except for a great replacement for crouching, the cover system. Easy to use for hiding behind something like a wall or container, and then totally destroy your opponent. The cars physics are less slippery than the physics of GTA IV, which I really hated. We even gained access to new vehicles like a submarine. The radio, which has been a gimmick ever since the beginning of the GTA franchise, still stands out with great music we still hear on the radio and can't get enough of. It's also nice to hear news on the radio of things you have done in this crazy world. It's also easy to switch between characters, and the place they are in can be different each time. For example, Michael can be at his house, while Trevor is throwing someone off a bridge. The graphics are absolutely beautiful for a seventh-generation console. And did I mention how huge the world is? Unfortunately, it looks nothing like the original San Andreas but that's not a complaint for me. Also, the game has some references to older games, Grove Street being a good example.

I don't think that I have covered everything within this game, but it's about time I come to a final verdict. Grand Theft Auto V has gained a lot of popularity and it's not hard to see why. This game stands out from most games of the current generation, and also got the milestone of fastest selling video game. It is pretty unusual for me to give games the grade of perfection, but this game absolutely deserves it.
  21. Oct 3, 2013
    This game is one of the best games i've ever played. The gameplay is absolutly fantastic, and this comes from someone who's not a big fan of the gameplay of other Rockstar titles. The graphics are stunning! M
    I have never seen so good graphics and performance on my Xbox before. The voiceacting is top notch, the characters are extremly funny and realistic and the story is great! The only flaw i've encountered in this game is that it is a little unforgiving sometimes when it comes to failing missions, for example one time in the story you were supposed to hijack a military truck. In the top left corner of the screen it says "the hardware must be destroyed". Most people would grab an explosive weapon about now and try destroying the truck, because the game says so. But when you do that, you fail the mission and the screen reads "the mlitary truck was destroyed". Another annoying thing is the lack of times where you are unable to switch characters inside a mission. The game is also pretty hard, so if you're not a very experienced gamer, expect to fail a few times.

But theese flaws are all just minor flaws, overall the game is amazingly good, and thats why im giving it the highest rating possible. I would have given it an even higher score if i could! A must buy!
  22. Oct 7, 2013
    Gobsmacked by the number of 0 point reviews on here, so obvious that many of these people aren't interested in reviewing the game objectively, and instead have an alternative agenda in mind. GTA 5 is an extraordinary achievement. It is huge, beautiful to look at, the driving is fantastic, characters brilliant, dialogue funny and smart. I will be playing this one for months to come!
  23. Oct 17, 2013
    i may not own this game...yet. but i have seen reviews and a let's play and it looks very good.if you love sandbox games or this is your first time i'd definitely go out there and get this game.
  24. Oct 12, 2013
    great great....this game is awesome..i played on on my xbox 360..its so much fun character switcing is so good .....grand theft auto5 is best and great grand theft auto game yet.............
  25. Oct 12, 2013
    Best game of 2013! love the 3 main characters a lot and the online is a great bonus! picked this game up on launch and it was well worth it! can't wait to see what else Rockstar has in store!
  26. Oct 13, 2013
    A truly great game. Rockstar has yet again created a world that feels real and continues to amaze me even after hours of time spent in it. The story is brilliant. Focusing around three main characters. Michael is a ex bank robber who has retired and now lives a life he hates in Los Santos. Trevor is a drug dealing psycho who is as unpredictable as he is dangerous and last of all theirsA truly great game. Rockstar has yet again created a world that feels real and continues to amaze me even after hours of time spent in it. The story is brilliant. Focusing around three main characters. Michael is a ex bank robber who has retired and now lives a life he hates in Los Santos. Trevor is a drug dealing psycho who is as unpredictable as he is dangerous and last of all theirs Franklin who has grown up in Los Santos and is trying to escape his gang life. These three people unite for reasons best experienced yourself. The story is told extremely well and all three characters are likeable. The game is packed with things to do from completing the story,meeting with strangers and freaks to races and skydiving. The gameplay is great. Driving is extremely fun with great radio to enjoy whilst doing it and fighting is fun and easy but can be made harder. Overall i feel that Rockstar has made another truly terrific entry into the Grand Theft Auto series as well as into all the gaming world. The game is well deserving of ten out of ten and is also one of the best games i have played in years Expand
  27. Oct 14, 2013
    this game is a masterpiece, i give it a 10 out of 10. The dialogue and gameplay really set this game apart from other open world games. Its graphics may not be the best but for a map this size, they are definitely easy on the eyes and high above average. The characters arent amazing but are nice and well thought out. The story is relatively strong and the freedom is off the charts in thisthis game is a masterpiece, i give it a 10 out of 10. The dialogue and gameplay really set this game apart from other open world games. Its graphics may not be the best but for a map this size, they are definitely easy on the eyes and high above average. The characters arent amazing but are nice and well thought out. The story is relatively strong and the freedom is off the charts in this game. So many new features have been added to this game and is a huge improvement to the GTA series. Overall there are few flaws in the game such as the shooting mechanics and creating your character for gta online (which is a mess) but it is far from enough to hold back this masterpiece from its fame. Expand
  28. Oct 20, 2013
    this is pretty much the best game I've ever played in my entire life, gta v can be better than any game in the series or any game ever released,definetely the best game on this generation.
  29. Oct 19, 2013
    the game in its self isn't bad has some good story and the characters are well made but it has poor driving and codes all and all its a game with potential but due to these massive flaws its just not worth getting they also left out some good things they put in other games like the hydra fighter jet and replaced with with a normal less fun one that runs out of fuel can't say I'mthe game in its self isn't bad has some good story and the characters are well made but it has poor driving and codes all and all its a game with potential but due to these massive flaws its just not worth getting they also left out some good things they put in other games like the hydra fighter jet and replaced with with a normal less fun one that runs out of fuel can't say I'm impressed with it the big thing being its to easy to die in a crash I hit a car in a low speed and it nearly killed me at full health you spin out easy and its also hard to keep from bashing up the car so bad the wheels lock making it impossible tyo get away from even a 2 star wanted level Expand
  30. Oct 21, 2013
    The detail of the world is amazing.Awesome voice acting,a lot of activities other than just violence.Such as tennis,golf,diving,parachuting,off-roading and hell there's more! The adventure of the three "heroes" is just beautiful.
  31. Oct 21, 2013
    DO NOT! I REPEAT DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS RUBBISH ASS GAME. From the 12 hours it takes to dl to your system, to the items you worked hard for but are just "missing", and the saves you made when you go to level 20 but is no longer there, Rockstar entertainment has stooped as low as the creator of diablo 3 which up to date was worst release ever. If this starts to become a trend,DO NOT! I REPEAT DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS RUBBISH ASS GAME. From the 12 hours it takes to dl to your system, to the items you worked hard for but are just "missing", and the saves you made when you go to level 20 but is no longer there, Rockstar entertainment has stooped as low as the creator of diablo 3 which up to date was worst release ever. If this starts to become a trend, game companies selling fake games we shall have to together and put them out of business. rockstar gobble a giant dick Expand
  32. Oct 26, 2013
    i think this game is the best game of 2013
    dont pay attention to negative votes they are pc gamers!!! and they cant play this game!!!
    i have bought x box just for this game
  33. Oct 28, 2013
    From the grungy thug-ridden streets of inner Los Santos to the overwhelmingly beautiful and vast landscapes and mountain ranges of Blaine County, Rockstar have not only managed to capture and place the world on a pedestel, but they have also managed to fill it with diversity, violence, wildlife and an entire population of people, each with their own stories. Some are bouncers in theFrom the grungy thug-ridden streets of inner Los Santos to the overwhelmingly beautiful and vast landscapes and mountain ranges of Blaine County, Rockstar have not only managed to capture and place the world on a pedestel, but they have also managed to fill it with diversity, violence, wildlife and an entire population of people, each with their own stories. Some are bouncers in the hottest clubs in LS, some are bartenders in crummy bars the Senora Desert, some are drunken rednecks soaking up the sun by the Alamo Sea, and some are just completely normal pedestrians. GTA V is truly a pioneering game when it comes to variety; not only can players murder NPCs, they can also socialise with them, help them out by catching the cheeky buggers who stole from their stores, and even collect some odd jobs to complete for them. Along with all of this, players can also play sports and take part in activities such as golf, darts, tennis and armwrestling. Everything in the game is entertaining... it all feels fun, perceptive and alive. Visit the theatre or strip club, or just lounge around at home watching TV. Steal a plane from the airport and explore the massive world, or go diving deep down into the Pacific Ocean, or just simply bask in the vibrance of the world and everything within it.

Unlike previous Grand Theft Auto games, you can do more with your money than just buy weapons... you can do anything from getting a new haircut to getting some new ink, or buying fancy coats and suits and even investing in real estate or buying stocks to turn over a nice fat profit. Web-surfing on the game is so much more useful than it was in Grand Theft Auto IV; in this latest installment, you can purchase cars, boats and even airplanes for your private hangar.

To accompany all of this, there is also a magnificent storyline to it; each individual protagonist has their unique own back-story and personality, and each story mission feels fun and engaging, and most are very, very violent, which will appeal to most. The planning of the heists requires a smart mind, and the choices you make during the planning have a serious impact on the amount of cash you get away with. The game leaves a lot of the work down to the player; the money you have by the end of the story depends completely on how the player has used strategy throughout the game and how they have carefully organised everything.
    The all-new combat in the game is much more interactive than the ones in previous releases. Melee has been greatly improved in GTA V; a new and more high-end combat system has been implemented. It is more advanced than games in the past, and the new moves and blocks, as well as the new animations, make the game feel just that bit more exciting.

The game makes heavy use of skills; each character has nine different skills to master, each level making the character more "complete". Some of these skills include stamina, which controls how long and fast you can run, strength, which controls how hard you hit and how much damage you take, and driving, which, as you level it up, gives you to the ability to control your vehicle more fluently.

The game also has its few flaws, though; some things initially thought to be in the game are not, including the ability to purchase houses, a fully functional hunting system and more. Although these things disappointed some, it is massively made up for with the amazing wildlife and environment,
    the diversity and beauty of the map, and the variety in NPCs, random events and side missions. Every single minute detail in the game has made it go that extra mile, and Rockstar have truly done an amazing job with it.

The game is, to most, a masterpiece; so many different aspects of life as a criminal have been added in a virtual world too beautiful for words, and it is quite frankly mind-boggling to me just thinking how on earth they managed to fit such detail in one game. I can say with absolute confidence that, to me, this is
    the best game I have ever played.
    Thank you for reading my review.
  34. Jan 11, 2014
    I was never a gta fan until this game, once I started playing I kept playing. I really enjoyed the story mode an the multiplayer definitely deserves game of the year and I hope for future dlc. YOU ROCK ROCKSTAR!!!!!
  35. Jan 11, 2014
    This game is fantastic!
    I mean, I've never played other GTA series before and I decided to play GTA 5 because my boyfriend told me it's amazing.
    So I bought it and tried to play it and it was the best decision I've ever made in my life. Just like assassin's creed 2, GTA 5 changed my life. The atmosphere is so lively so realistic, and I felt like I was actually inside that world
    This game is fantastic!
    Just like assassin's creed 2, GTA 5 changed my life.
    amazing plot, character ( Michael is so cute) and everything u could ever imagine from the BEST VIDEO GAME
    I don't know how I could describe it in a better way, kinda speechless, just buy it now if u still haven't played it yet and I can assure u that you'll never regret it
    AMAZING!
  36. Jan 25, 2014
    This game is just amazing. It may have violent things in it, nudity, blood, gore, and all that, but its only a game. Stop being so butt hurt about it, its not a real person doing this, its just a game for people to have fun on, and enjoy themselves. There's so much fun stuff to do, including the online mode, which is just amazing, so is single player, It is so fun, and if you are angry,This game is just amazing. It may have violent things in it, nudity, blood, gore, and all that, but its only a game. Stop being so butt hurt about it, its not a real person doing this, its just a game for people to have fun on, and enjoy themselves. There's so much fun stuff to do, including the online mode, which is just amazing, so is single player, It is so fun, and if you are angry, take it out on this game by doing the violent things in it, if you just want to have fun, so, get it. Plus, kids should be able to play this game, its not like they will do that in real life! Expand
  37. Jan 13, 2014
    GTA 5 is an incredibly well written satire on many subjects including the the American dream and modern Advertising. This is especially found in the commentary on the radio stations, particularly Talk Radio. The satire is brilliant and hilarious, and is with out a doubt my favourite thing about GTA 5. The 3 Characters are very well acted, especially Trevor , but the other two are great asGTA 5 is an incredibly well written satire on many subjects including the the American dream and modern Advertising. This is especially found in the commentary on the radio stations, particularly Talk Radio. The satire is brilliant and hilarious, and is with out a doubt my favourite thing about GTA 5. The 3 Characters are very well acted, especially Trevor , but the other two are great as well. Games fun as hell too. I find most people that don't like it, don't get the satire in the game or satire in general. Expand
  38. Jan 18, 2014
    Everything and more!
    Rockstar always goes the extra mile and they've proved it in there new installment GTA V.
    10/10 in every area could be game of the decade.
  39. Jan 20, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. love the game until the last update that took all my money away that I got legally for online and on story mode dropped my the three guys for me down to one dollar Expand
  40. Feb 3, 2014
    Arguably the best game of this generation, GTA V is basically everything you could ever ask for. Offline, the story is going to keep your occupied for days and online, you're going to be occupied for weeks! Pimp up your car to win races, complete jobs with friends and play the odd team death match and you're not going to want to put your controller down. Even when you aren't completingArguably the best game of this generation, GTA V is basically everything you could ever ask for. Offline, the story is going to keep your occupied for days and online, you're going to be occupied for weeks! Pimp up your car to win races, complete jobs with friends and play the odd team death match and you're not going to want to put your controller down. Even when you aren't completing objectives, there's still fun in driving busses off the tops of skyscrapers, racing down mountains on dirt bikes and throwing C4 at your friends over and over again. Expand
  41. Mar 19, 2014
    Perfect, perfect,perfect....one of the best game ever made of all time...awesome story,graphics,voice actors,gameplay,missions,characters,MULTIPLAYER...EVERYTHING....just one thing pissed me off in this game...there is no gang wars or steal stash (just like tlad and tbogt did)...execpt that...it's an amazing game..you cant missed...
  42. Mar 8, 2014
    What in also wondered why they didn't have babies in the gta you see pregnant people or babies anywhere I just wish it was more like the sims 3 but you can go actually into the stores .i know I might sound crazy but I wish it was just more real we're you can be a celebrity and go into miscellaneous stores buy things gated communities paparazzi following you making it more like celebritiesWhat in also wondered why they didn't have babies in the gta you see pregnant people or babies anywhere I just wish it was more like the sims 3 but you can go actually into the stores .i know I might sound crazy but I wish it was just more real we're you can be a celebrity and go into miscellaneous stores buy things gated communities paparazzi following you making it more like celebrities and real life just going into restaurants paying the restaurants valet parking and god plz answer this y is there just a girl a pretty girl customize it where it loos exactly like you I know your probably thinking just get the sims but I do already have it I just thought gta would be more were you can walk in to buildings get a reality show call your friends to go go dinner Expand
  43. Mar 10, 2014
    This was one of my favorite games of 2013 and the first gta game that I played and I'm glad that i decided to play this series it had a really interesting and mature story and the open world was fun to explore and run around in. (Be warned this a very mature game and is not for kids!!)
  44. Mar 15, 2014
    The world of grand theft auto 5 is immense in detail with every part of the huge map as detailed as the next whether it's the busy city streets or a lonely country road. The narrative of grand theft auto 5 revolves around three main characters Michael,Franklin and Trevor. All of these characters are very well voice acted with an espicially stand-out performance from Steven Ogg (Trevor).The world of grand theft auto 5 is immense in detail with every part of the huge map as detailed as the next whether it's the busy city streets or a lonely country road. The narrative of grand theft auto 5 revolves around three main characters Michael,Franklin and Trevor. All of these characters are very well voice acted with an espicially stand-out performance from Steven Ogg (Trevor). Everything in grand theft auto 5 feels like a combination of everything great from Rockstar's earlier games Max Payne 3's shooting, Red dead redemption's animals and nature and midnight clubs driving mechanics and a story that unlike GTA IV dosent take itself to seriously. This game does not deserve the bad user score and should keep Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 gamers playing for a long time. Expand
  45. Mar 24, 2014
    The evolution of living breathing virtual worlds is incredible. Even if you don't care about the story and all you want to do is absorb the atmosphere, drive around and go sightseeing, then still this game is worth your time. Free roaming in GTA 5 is like going on a virtual vacation.
  46. Mar 25, 2014
    A fantastic game and definitely one of their best for both offline and online playing.

Well worth its full retail price

Its a whooping 12 out of 10 by me :D
  47. Apr 30, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. By far the best Grand Theft Auto since San Andreas. Yes, it does have it's weak points but overall is a great game.

Pros:
    -Great Storyline feature three playable characters with their own personalities
    -Customizable missions where you can choose how YOU want to play the mission.
    -Extra side missions such as Strangers and Freaks make the game longer and more interesting
    -Activities such as Tennis, Strip Clubs, Darts, golf, Hunting, etc. add additional content even after beating the game
    -The Map is Amazing! There's tons of world to explore including the depths of the ocean, desert, mountains, city. Just exploring is a game in itself.
    -Car customization (even though it's expensive on the game it adds depth)
    -Character customization (Haircuts, Tattoos, clothing)
    -Playable Stock market is fun if you understand how it works
    -You can buy businesses and earn money from them
    -You can talk to fellow pedestrians and hold conversations
    -The soundtrack is awesome with styles from Country to Metal.
    -Overall there is so much on this game you will never get bored!

Cons:
    -The Cops (very difficult to get away from and overall unrealistic, wanted harder cops than GTA 4 but not unrealistic difficult like this game has, and little piddly crimes such as flipping someone off or talking bad to a pedestrian gets you a wanted level)
    -You only can have one safehouse, would have wished to have a GTA like San Andreas again where you could buy multiple houses. (They at least give you an extra garage on this one to put cars in but still disappointing)
    -Game does glitch and have drop ins at times (Not a big deal considering the map size but still can get annoying)
    -New updates and online mode are disappointing

Overall Rating 9/10: A HUGE step up from GTA 4. Essentially the way I view this game is that is GTA San Andreas for Xbox 360 with a better storyline and larger map but same concept. GTA 4 was fun but overall the gameplay got boring after a while with the same city environment and not a whole lot to do. This blows GTA 4 out of the water! Yes there are disappointments but it's to be expected as they can't please everyone and what everyone wanted in a GTA and plus the disappointments are more just minor annoyances. Not quite a 10 due to the Cons I mentioned making it annoying at times but definitely a 9/10 as overall it is fun, the best GTA with the best map and you will never get bored playing it!
  48. Jul 24, 2014
    This game is amazing, they fixed most of the problems we had with GTA IV. What I liked about GTA V 1.Rockstar added some of features from the previous GTA's, and other games created 2. Even though they brought back the arcadish driving, it seems better because the car physics aren't boaty like GTA Iv's. I mean the driving GTA V may not be realistic as IV's but it's feels better. 3. BeingThis game is amazing, they fixed most of the problems we had with GTA IV. What I liked about GTA V 1.Rockstar added some of features from the previous GTA's, and other games created 2. Even though they brought back the arcadish driving, it seems better because the car physics aren't boaty like GTA Iv's. I mean the driving GTA V may not be realistic as IV's but it's feels better. 3. Being able to control Franklin, Michael, Trevor at once was incredible. It was something I haven't seen Rockstar games do before.
    4. The cinematic game play was something I also never seen Rockstar do with GTA. There really any loading screens on the single player, after it loads up, and the cinematic gameplay make mission awesome.
    5. The NPC's, and the characters, are very responsive.
    6. The interactions.
    7. The customizations with the cars.
    8. The weapons being customizable.
    9. The online, was finally something could enjoy without role playing without police crew. Unlike GTA IV where you just drive around in a freemode bored, you actually get stuff done.
    10. The new LS looks amazing, and the whole entire map is huge and beautiful .
    11. The updates

My conclusion:
    GTA V has become my favorite GTA. I really hope rockstar, keeps up the good work. I know little bit of San Andreas fanboys wanted a San Andreas clone, (As usual) but this rules. I still like SA, but I like V more.
  49. Nov 4, 2014
    After playing GTA V, I was in total awe. This game offered such an open experience, there are so many opportunities across the map from massacring innocents and having a last stand against the cops to running a marathon. The missions although lacked interest most of the time, but the six grand heists performed were amazing, each unique and more exciting then the last! If you get the chanceAfter playing GTA V, I was in total awe. This game offered such an open experience, there are so many opportunities across the map from massacring innocents and having a last stand against the cops to running a marathon. The missions although lacked interest most of the time, but the six grand heists performed were amazing, each unique and more exciting then the last! If you get the chance to get this game get it, that's all I can say. Expand
  50. Sep 17, 2013
    Why do people like to troll the user scores of every single big game is beyond me! Why the jealousy!!? Anyway.. I'm talking as a fan so excuse me if I seem a bit biased, but believe me, this game is PERFECT! It's the best game I have played since Red Dead Redemption! GTA V is so ambitious it might frustrate you! So many things to do, a huuuuuuuuuge map, a very good and long storyline.Why do people like to troll the user scores of every single big game is beyond me! Why the jealousy!!? Anyway.. I'm talking as a fan so excuse me if I seem a bit biased, but believe me, this game is PERFECT! It's the best game I have played since Red Dead Redemption! GTA V is so ambitious it might frustrate you! So many things to do, a huuuuuuuuuge map, a very good and long storyline. Amazing graphics. Everything is perfect! Expand
  51. Sep 17, 2013
    Brilliant game this.
    On another note, do not go by the negative votes; those are mostly from the SAME person who is a butthurt fan of whatever series that he loves.
  52. Oct 29, 2013
    Yet another dissapointment this year.
    This game could have been so much more.
    crews are pointles.
    you'd have thought that gangwarfare between crews would have been staring them in the face?
    there are no features for crews whatsoever.

missions are repetative at best.
    its extremely glitchy still.
    features missing that have been around since 2001
  53. Sep 17, 2013
    Filled with detail and world size is amazing. Very innovative gameplay with 3 main characters and the world is living. Even after the game is finished the game still has many things to see and do. Can't wait for GTA Online
  54. Sep 22, 2013
    Innovation? improved graphics? improved physics? clunky controls make it impossible to aim without overshooting nearly every enemy you aim at. Driving feels like L.A. Noire meets midnight club, its like all the cars are driving along invisible rails instead of feeling like they are actually driving along a road. Only the character animations have improved, car crashes look worse than inInnovation? improved graphics? improved physics? clunky controls make it impossible to aim without overshooting nearly every enemy you aim at. Driving feels like L.A. Noire meets midnight club, its like all the cars are driving along invisible rails instead of feeling like they are actually driving along a road. Only the character animations have improved, car crashes look worse than in GTA 4 with little to almost no body damage to the cars. The story feels way to over the top, most of the dialogue is cliche at best, no multiplayer on day 1 release. Oh and the heists... nothing innovative here just scripted action sequences, pay day 2 has better heist mechanics than this garbage. Also lets not forget the horrible frame rate stuttering and pop in. Expand
  55. Sep 18, 2013
    In some respects, Grand Theft Auto 5 is a victim of its own grand design. It's clearly the best Open World Game in existence, but even now, after playing it with enjoyment, it still pains me to see how far away we are from that ideal realization of an Open World Game.

Of course this game has a lot going for it, most of which doesn't need to be said, but there are still a boat-load of things related to open world immersion that, even after five years, haven't been realized. The major cripple for me is the enormous amount of buildings that just cannot be interacted with. Now, I wouldn't expect every room in every skyscraper to be enterable, but at times, the game just feels like a giant shell for you to traverse.

AI of enemies, pedestrians et al is still as wishy washy as ever. The amount of times I've seen scripted nonsense go back on itself is quite disheartening, e.g punch a guy out of his car, he agros on you, you take the car fifty yards down the road, reverse back, then the guy is yacking away on his cellphone without a care in the world. Shoot a guy dead, then pedestrians will run for as far as you can see, but come back a minute later, and they'll be stood beside his body without any interest. There's countless of scripted stuff that goes jerky in missions and cop chases. The wanted system has defied logic ever since the game existed, so it's a shame they didn't make it more realistic. I just don't see the sense in the cops being on your tail one minute, and the next completely forgetting you exist.

In fact, it's a shame a lot more things weren't made realistic. The whole game plays too arcadey for its setting. Gunplay is the same old stuff. It feels fluid but hardly satisfying, and the auto-aim is the biggest gamebreaker I've ever seen.

Perhaps the biggest disappointment of all is the only true moment of brilliance Rockstar came up with this time around wasn't even fully realized the heists. For the most part of the game, you have to make your own fun. The missions are pretty much the same old A to B affair, but heists could've been massive. The prep work, the management before hand, dozens of ways to execute... sadly, R* just didn't put enough behind it, which is a shame, considering all the timewasters they put in here.

Looking back at all the things they highlighted in trailers, like hunting, real estate, tennis, golf, races... It's all pretty stocking filler. Something like hunting might sound good on paper, but when you realize how unrewarding and trivial it is, you roll your eyes a little. Same goes for real estate, it just has no depth whatsoever. For me, all of these things could have been sacrificed to make heists better.

Also worthy of note is the map size. Definitely not small... can't deny that. But when you just take the city, it's small, when compared to the other games. The countryside in LS is borderline nothingness, just like RDR was. I'd be able to dig the immersion, if the game around it wasn't so fast and unresponsive.
  56. Sep 18, 2013
    This game is great and it improves on everything of GTA IV (Story, gameplay etc.) plus adds features. The only thing keeping me from giving it a 10 is the character development is one sided. Example you play as Franklin for the first couple hours (don't worry no spoilers) and then you start as Micheal and it was weird then first switch and then again once you begin play as Trevor. And alsoThis game is great and it improves on everything of GTA IV (Story, gameplay etc.) plus adds features. The only thing keeping me from giving it a 10 is the character development is one sided. Example you play as Franklin for the first couple hours (don't worry no spoilers) and then you start as Micheal and it was weird then first switch and then again once you begin play as Trevor. And also while this game is great and awesome it is not a revolution like some are saying it changes a lot about open world game but complete flip them on there heads? No thats the only two things keeping this from a perfect score. Expand
  57. Feb 4, 2014
    The game, when it came out was great, but the "good" part was very short lived, as R* started patching it, and the game is unplayable as it stands. Single Player is so buggy that you have to resort to loading whole game from Xbox/PS3 home menu in order for the whole console not to hang. Gameplay bugs, missions which can't be finished, achievements which are not granted, money which is notThe game, when it came out was great, but the "good" part was very short lived, as R* started patching it, and the game is unplayable as it stands. Single Player is so buggy that you have to resort to loading whole game from Xbox/PS3 home menu in order for the whole console not to hang. Gameplay bugs, missions which can't be finished, achievements which are not granted, money which is not given, cars disappearing, after spending time and money upgrading them, are all annoying but wouldn't be such a pain if it wasn't for the loading freeze. And money making in GTAV is a total grinder. Yes, you can steal anything, but you can't keep it, as the game doesn't save what's stolen.
    AI is 100% accurate, the amount of police and agents, and number of helis after you, when you reach 5 stars, is enormous and never ending. You kill them all, and new wave of the same size appears, before you can run away. Physics seem to work on you mostly, but rest of the world is onl'y 50% simulated, therefore police will not only outrun you on 90 degree turns, motorways, and any streets (even heavy with traffic), then stop in a split second, coming out of the car with guns already shooting at you, and kill you very very quickly, if you only happen to slip or fall. And, they kill first, then ask questions.
    Developer support is the non-existent now. R* stopped listening to fans, and reports of problems. They just keep breaking the game further and further. No testing was done whatsoever, since the game release. Every single patch broke the game more and more in Single Player, only to patch small bugs in MP, which is bugged beyond belief. I can only spend a bit of time on weekends to play it so I didn't finish the game on SP yet, but it's no reason to break SP without care for those who are still playing it. It's zero point from me, as the game is currently unplayable at all.
  58. Nov 6, 2013
    I am sorry to say this, Rockstar have always been a loyal game company but they kind of screwed themselves when they did not bring this masterpiece to the pc! God damn it rockstar! you really up giving console tards this beauty instead of the glorious master race PC! 0/10
  59. Sep 19, 2013
    i really want to say it s a bad game and i was so hyped for nothing but this game didn t give tha chance to eving think of saying this the visuals are great and the gameplay is awesome and even if you dind t love gta you will love this game fir sure and i the tha bad user score are from the who don t have xbox and ps3 thinking that watch can be better than the best game in the gaming hisotr
  60. Sep 17, 2013
    My xbox is modded and i never buy games legally because i dont want to feel cheated out of my money. But i actually pre- ordered this and paid full price. This is by far the best game ever. Far exceeded my expectations. I dont even care for the next generation consoles becuase of this game. Its a shame because no other company can make a game as great as this. Its like Why continue makingMy xbox is modded and i never buy games legally because i dont want to feel cheated out of my money. But i actually pre- ordered this and paid full price. This is by far the best game ever. Far exceeded my expectations. I dont even care for the next generation consoles becuase of this game. Its a shame because no other company can make a game as great as this. Its like Why continue making games if they're not gonna be as good as this? Expand
  61. Oct 7, 2013
    GTA online is Total utter changed my score from an 8 to a 0 just because of how bad online is and the lack of community communication by rockstar of how they are going to address these issues. the fanboy's if you put a EA logo on this game instead of a R* one people would be losing their Probably rioting outside their office. That was a joke but still people would be pretty ****ing pissed
  62. Oct 12, 2013
    This game is generally good but I hate the fact that all women are walking around with 10 lbs of cleavage on their pencil thin bodies. Most of the time the game is great.
  63. Sep 19, 2013
    So to play the "full" version of this game you need: 1. To preorder so you can have the "bonus" content, 2. Have a "smartphone" 3. Have a facebook account 4. Pay for Xbox gold 5. Pay for "DLC" weapons etc that are already on the disc. 6.Have an internet subscription. And this is a single player game that I just paid full price for...
  64. Sep 20, 2013
    Absolutely astounding game, I can't say anything that anyone else hasn't already said, the only reason it doesn't get 10/10 is because of a few simple things, One, the multiplayer isn't out and won't be for another 11 days, so I can't give it a full score as I've not played the full game yet and because of the outrageous claims that this game is "100 Hours Long", which is a bunch of PR IAbsolutely astounding game, I can't say anything that anyone else hasn't already said, the only reason it doesn't get 10/10 is because of a few simple things, One, the multiplayer isn't out and won't be for another 11 days, so I can't give it a full score as I've not played the full game yet and because of the outrageous claims that this game is "100 Hours Long", which is a bunch of PR I got 100% in about 54 hours and I wasn't rushing, That's half the time they claimed, it's more than satisfactory, but why flat out lie? If they'd had said it's "55 hours long" i'd have still been impressed and would not have come out disappointed that it ended as quickly as it did.
    {Spoiler}
    Last is the unskip-able torture scene, while it's crucial and important part of Trevor character development, it isn't very pleasant and makes a lot of people feel uncomfortable, but I feel it has it's place in gaming as it's not condoning torture, by any means, it's showing how idealistic america thinks it is, when this game shows how really unnecessarily brutal it is, this stuff really happens and it's a real reality check to see it in the flesh.
  65. Sep 22, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto 5 sets the bar for sand box games. You can do so many things in this game its ridiculous. I played a solid 42 hours of the game and I stopped playing because I had beaten the game and I needed to watch the new Breaking Bad episode but right before 9 o'clock I had beaten it there are 3 different endings. The gameplay was completely solid shooting, driving, and switchingGrand Theft Auto 5 sets the bar for sand box games. You can do so many things in this game its ridiculous. I played a solid 42 hours of the game and I stopped playing because I had beaten the game and I needed to watch the new Breaking Bad episode but right before 9 o'clock I had beaten it there are 3 different endings. The gameplay was completely solid shooting, driving, and switching characters was so seamless and easy. I found myself loving all of the main characters equally. The heists were amazing and I cant wait for GTA online to go do them with my friends. Do yourself a favor and pick up this masterpiece. I have 292 hours on red dead redemption and I think I like GTA5 more and it is 10x better than GTA4. Expand
  66. Jul 17, 2014
    This game is SO over achieved. Saints row is a lot better than this crap. For 1 it is WAY to inappropriate, You can walk into a strip club, who's idea was that? The game play in here is nothing new, open world, go into anyone's care, and just drive around and shoot people. Oh and not only that 3 characters! This game is WAY to inappropriate for anybody to play. And it is WAY to overThis game is SO over achieved. Saints row is a lot better than this crap. For 1 it is WAY to inappropriate, You can walk into a strip club, who's idea was that? The game play in here is nothing new, open world, go into anyone's care, and just drive around and shoot people. Oh and not only that 3 characters! This game is WAY to inappropriate for anybody to play. And it is WAY to over achieved. Trust me, do not buy this game, it is a waste of money and a waste of time. Probably gonna get tons of 10 year old haters for this. Expand
  67. Sep 22, 2013
    No nead to ower rate I was like. But then... I saw metacritic score. This game is by far can NOT be the 2nd best game of al time after Legend of Zelda Occarina of time. This isn't that good. Its realy great but its max 9.5/10 great. How can this? Pass Half Life serries. Its just unacceptable. I would give 0 out of 10 but I am not a butthurt fanboy. The game is great But seriusly not in theNo nead to ower rate I was like. But then... I saw metacritic score. This game is by far can NOT be the 2nd best game of al time after Legend of Zelda Occarina of time. This isn't that good. Its realy great but its max 9.5/10 great. How can this? Pass Half Life serries. Its just unacceptable. I would give 0 out of 10 but I am not a butthurt fanboy. The game is great But seriusly not in the top 10 best games of all time list Expand
  68. Sep 18, 2013
    This is by far the best game I've ever played. And I've played almost every game out there. It's like a mixture of car racing games, call of duty, and arcade games all in one!!!! The driving is amazing and the missions are breath taking I'm hooked onto this game like no Tomorrow rock star really went all out on this game!
  69. Sep 20, 2013
    While GTA V may have raised the bar in several areas as compared to GTA IV, in one crucial area it has dropped the ball.

The huge open world looks beautiful and is highly detailed, the shooting mechanics have been fine-tuned, and the story is great. All of these help to immerse you into the world. However, the immersion, in my opinion, ends the second you step foot into a vehicle.

All of these help to immerse you into the world. However, the immersion, in my opinion, ends the second you step foot into a vehicle. This is where my biggest issue with the game begins.

In short, it feels like Rockstar have stripped away any personality that the vehicles had in the previous game. Instead, the vehicle handling has been homogenized to appeal to the lowest common denominator. Rather than make a driving system that is rewarding and based more on skill and a small investment of time, it has been simplified to the most basic levels, making it a breeze for anyone to pick up and play instantly. As a result, it has become boring.

The vehicles are now merely an appliance used to get from point A to point B, rather than an experience of getting from point A to point B. Gone are power slides around corners, and having to constantly be aware of the way your car was behaving. Instead, you can't break traction at all, cars self correct when drifting using the handbrake, turn on a dime, and come to a complete stop in 50 feet from any speed. An SUV handles like a supercar, and a supercar handles like a go-kart.

What is even more perplexing are the vehicle upgrades. When the cars can perform like they do in their stock form, what is the point of the upgrade system?

In a day when everyone wants instant gratification, it appears that GTA has finally succumbed in the driving arena. For a game with the word "Auto" in its' title, this aspect of the game is a huge disappointment.
  70. Sep 24, 2013
    I been waiting for GTA V since 2011 and it was definitely worth the wait, the map is incredible the game itself is incredible there are "Easter eggs" which is very cool and I don't understand why there are so many negatives maybe because of butt hurt, trolls that vote negatively because of COD of something, however the game itself is the best game I've ever played and I hoping that theI been waiting for GTA V since 2011 and it was definitely worth the wait, the map is incredible the game itself is incredible there are "Easter eggs" which is very cool and I don't understand why there are so many negatives maybe because of butt hurt, trolls that vote negatively because of COD of something, however the game itself is the best game I've ever played and I hoping that the game will be released on the PC soon. Expand
  71. Sep 25, 2013
    To anyone concerned with the nature of the content, this game is at it's core a satire. That is how I would explain the crude stereotypes that are make up most of the supporting characters. The violence in the game is explained in a very different way. With the exception of Franklin, who kinda is a stereotype, but definitely a likable one, Michael and Trevor are portrayed as sick twistedTo anyone concerned with the nature of the content, this game is at it's core a satire. That is how I would explain the crude stereotypes that are make up most of the supporting characters. The violence in the game is explained in a very different way. With the exception of Franklin, who kinda is a stereotype, but definitely a likable one, Michael and Trevor are portrayed as sick twisted individuals. This game doesn't justify violence, it uses the violence to indicate just how on the edge these two characters are. Moments like one later in the game with Michael's daughter, indicate the effect that violence has on peoples life. In a minor mission, She calls you because she is scared of a stalker so you go help her. When you find the guy you chase him down. He says he's going to leave her alone, however you don't know if you can trust this guy and you just wanna protect your daughter, so you hit the guy till he stops moving. Once you get back to your car, your daughter is horified at what you did, she just wanted you to talk to him. It was a moment where I knew I had gotten caught up with the game and gone to far, but really, its just evidence that some morality does exist, and if read through the correct lens, this is maybe the least offensive GTA game ever. Expand
  72. Sep 27, 2013
    Esse jogo fantástico, minha nota só não foi 10 porque o jogo força muito o canhão do meu xbox 360. Ainda aguardo a Rockstar possibilitar a instalação do disco 02.
  73. May 21, 2014
    Everything you want in a GTA game except the game. Intentionally broken and poorly implemented features will have you grinding for money both online and off. The reasons for doing so, however, aren't really apparent. offline You can buy clothes but your character doesn't keep them. You can customize cars but the don't always stay saved and they don't become your personal car. You can'tEverything you want in a GTA game except the game. Intentionally broken and poorly implemented features will have you grinding for money both online and off. The reasons for doing so, however, aren't really apparent. offline You can buy clothes but your character doesn't keep them. You can customize cars but the don't always stay saved and they don't become your personal car. You can't store stolen jets reliably. They disappear if you switch to a plane you've bought. Online the clothes stay and the vehicle system is much better (why not let you buy and save different cars as your default car offline and have a mechanic who brings them to you? It's already there online and it would so complete the offline experience.) but the
    Push to get you to buy in-game $$ with real $$ is so strong online that you'll find yourself either grinding the same $18,0000 mission- rooftop rumble- hundreds of times or glitch grinding. to get that $1.5 mil tank. You have to play rooftop rumble 83 times. and no, you can't steal one and store it. They have a rule that says no. You'll play it another 27 times to get the nicest apartment and another 55 times to get a good car. Why not other missions? Well because 18k is about as high as it gets and rooftop rumble is the most efficient in terms of time. Of course maybe you just want to screw with your fellow online players. Well no, now they shame you for that and put you in groups with exclusively **** and missions with exclusively people who rage quit ending the mission prematurely.

GTA has long been a game that makes you go "look at all the stuff I can do!" GTA V makes you go " look at all the stuff I can.. Sort of do. Wait, let me just play the same mission 500 times so that I can do this stuff" it's always been a franchise that' let's you go and break all the rules. This time they've just implemented a bunch of rules to keep you from doing anything fun.

I've got a total of 40 hours out of it, less than a 10'th of the play time I've gotten from any Primary GTA release since GTA 2. I had some truly incredible, side splitting moments of hilarity playing free mode online in GTA 4. 5...I'll tell you how if goes if I ever manage to bring myself to play rooftop rumble hundreds of **** times so that I can compete with the rest of the **** with tanks and rocket launchers and miniguns and **** That's unlikely though. I'd rather play Skyrim a 20th time.
  74. Sep 20, 2013
    If you remember what the joy of playing San Andreas (and previous GTA games before it) felt like, than you won't be left dissapointed. People who are afraid of it being a GTA IV rehash, no fears, it's not.
  75. Sep 19, 2013
    I thought that having 3 main characters would make the story more confusing and I wouldn't get sucked into it. I was wrong. The way you are able to switch between them to see them carrying on with their daily lives is amazing, plus the way they all interact with each other makes me love all the characters even more. If there is one thing I can say for certain, its that Rockstar know how toI thought that having 3 main characters would make the story more confusing and I wouldn't get sucked into it. I was wrong. The way you are able to switch between them to see them carrying on with their daily lives is amazing, plus the way they all interact with each other makes me love all the characters even more. If there is one thing I can say for certain, its that Rockstar know how to make one hell of a game. Expand
  76. Sep 22, 2013
    BAD ENGLISH: 1 punch knock-out... woooww this is stupid. i kill (or knockout? but i dont see the diffrence) in 1 hit? stupid ass hell.. plus in other gta's you realy need to get the guy, now you can run 2 meters behind him, punch the punch button en magically he can make a fast super punch move and knock the person down.. again in 1 punch :D yeeeee fun! yeee iam 13 years old and i likeBAD ENGLISH: 1 punch knock-out... woooww this is stupid. i kill (or knockout? but i dont see the diffrence) in 1 hit? stupid ass hell.. plus in other gta's you realy need to get the guy, now you can run 2 meters behind him, punch the punch button en magically he can make a fast super punch move and knock the person down.. again in 1 punch :D yeeeee fun! yeee iam 13 years old and i like this soo much yeeee!)
    Shooting? Its for me al the same, shotgun, pistol, automatic rifle... all the same Feels ok, not fun after 1 hour... if you think its fun? You never played other GTA's. Its was more fun killing people in GTA 2 you stupid newcomers.
    Explossions.. looks not nice. Again it was more fun in previous gta's., It looked better in GTA 2:P
    Driving? Some people hate the driving in gta IV but they had no skillss The driving annoys me in the beginning but after learning it, it felt i was a very good driver... In real life you have to steer also a lill bit harder with a bad car! Now all the car ar the same.. acardy steering (very fast and loosy)
    In gta 3 you can shoot heads, arms and legs off... in Vice City Still Heads.. after that it was in no GTA game anymore.. dissapointment. Killing is for me now all the same. shotgun or grenade.. they lay down thats it.
    AI: Its very boring, point youre gun at a car.. he drives you over.. or he backup and get out of his car. You kill somebody... everbody runs away... 5 minutes later they comeback didd'nt regonice you as a killer. You shoot somebody in the head and the ambulance is coming, they looked at the guy, they say some very stupid and walked away? (why not bringt the bodie to the hospital.. they still do that with dead people also!)
    Police: If i drive in a big big truck... the police can never push me 3 meter foreward. Iam a GTAIV expert with loosing cops and now i can loose cops very simple again. They never catch me for 4 hours killing everthing if i want... People without skills can act like it are good coops but they arre'nt. Stupid assholles with bad voiceacting. Still killing civillians when chasing 1 stupid (me).
    Graphics: when walkinkg its somethimes very beautifull... (not normal..) realy next GEN on a old console.. But thats the problem.. when driving or in action look in the dept.. look to the leaves and lines.. they are shaking in some way... its drive me crazy. and the driving it selfs cant make up for that. And somethimes overlighted polishd ****!
    Old Good Stuf not more in Gta V: Walk into a hospital=NO MORE. Not take out youre gun in a stripclub or annumationstore.
    Ammostore: You can go in there with a gun, if you shoot already from the outside wait for 1 police star and then you can go in? WHY the is this? In the GTA's before you can go in and shoot everbody you want. (New Govverment Rules in America? because of the crazy shooters in schools and public buldings? )
    The disco in Vice City with gayguys dancing was so fun for me... everythime is played the game i go in there and shoot everbody... so much fun.. And now its impossible or you need police searching you Why? rockstar? why?
    Go in to somebodys Yard and you see them grill some burgers.. Its looks very cool and killing them was superB. Hiss glasses felt of his head and i kicked 1 time more and he was dead, his wife stood up run away and i punched her also down. Everthing lookes so good, but when i walked 3 meters away and comeback. Some new guy was grill burgers near the body's and dont give a The house was already selled to a new owner i think?
    Playing Tennis is a slow bored game in GTA V. It lookes like its in little movieparts, i still prefer Topspin. And then you think: DUHH thats a tennis game. Please get rid of the tennis and make a better AI a better MAP better fighting system. Get rid of al the extra features and make a better more fun gta than befor. And not a mix of san andreas and gta iv (and car driving like saintsrow, little bit the punching system allso... there where poeple who missed the fun in gta.. they tried it now but it doessnt work! give me GTA IV boring but real!)
    Driving arround on gras sand of the street is no diffrence maybe a lill speed diffrence)
    Its no fun for me anymore to drive aaround and do stupid stuff. You realy nead to follow the story. But a humping dog is not funny, blackguys saying al the time is not good voiceacting? Its not funny when youre IQ i higher than 100!
    You realy need to do the story and i think thats still oke... go to a get B get on a jet ski, car, airplane, bus and go to C. Aim Lock Shoot the Bad guy run run, drive away go there go here GO A BEAR.
    tip: never run away or drive away. simply stop you car shoot al the ****s following you need a lill bit skills and than go ;)!

Gave a 5 ,normaly 8. But whant to kill all the fanboy 10's btw.. i wasssss a fanboy of GTA)
  77. Sep 23, 2013
    This is certainly not a bad game, however I think it is safe to now say that all the critics have been bought out. Are you all aware that R* released all the critics reviews a day before release? Do you not think this is a little fishy? The game is not worth my money after watching some reviews. It was worth playing through other means though, if you know what I mean. Average game,This is certainly not a bad game, however I think it is safe to now say that all the critics have been bought out. Are you all aware that R* released all the critics reviews a day before release? Do you not think this is a little fishy? The game is not worth my money after watching some reviews. It was worth playing through other means though, if you know what I mean. Average game, everything GTA 4 should of been. Expand
  78. Sep 21, 2013
    I've been playing GTA games since 2001. After playing GTA 3, Vice City, and San Andreas i was satisfied and ready to move on. There is so much hype around this version. The shooting mechanics and controls are clunky and lame. The cars don't have enough burst of speed. By now Rock Star should make sure everything is polished before release. I don't need another GTA game. I've doneI've been playing GTA games since 2001. After playing GTA 3, Vice City, and San Andreas i was satisfied and ready to move on. There is so much hype around this version. The shooting mechanics and controls are clunky and lame. The cars don't have enough burst of speed. By now Rock Star should make sure everything is polished before release. I don't need another GTA game. I've done everything i could ever think of with the 3 versions i have. Expand
  79. Sep 19, 2013
    Good game-play wise, graphics look a bit crap. a lot of GTA IV mods look way better, but gets 6 because items magically appearing when driving fast is very annoying if they fix that then I would give 9/10.
  80. Sep 17, 2013
    Surprise surprise another Rockstar classic This is not just another GTA this is a love letter to all gamers, to the people that put hours in games they love and get rewarded. First of all it's the best looking game out there to date, i mean the level of detail put into creating this huge world was just mind blowing and on the plus side some of the best facial animation since L.A Noire.Surprise surprise another Rockstar classic This is not just another GTA this is a love letter to all gamers, to the people that put hours in games they love and get rewarded. First of all it's the best looking game out there to date, i mean the level of detail put into creating this huge world was just mind blowing and on the plus side some of the best facial animation since L.A Noire. The story well let me put it this way what Godfather did to movie GTA 5 did to games... I mean all three characters you wanna hate but you get attached to in a weird way, it's just not always you get well written characters that you just wanna know every little detail about them. And Now comes the gameplay well that's the best part, rockstar borrowed from there past games like Max payne 3 and Red dead and even driving elements from Midnight club to give us a perfect combination that really works. So at the end if you loved GTA 4 your gonna eat this up can't wait to jump online!!! Thank you rockstar for giving us the last true epic game for this gen. Expand
  81. Nov 10, 2013
    A good game. Not,not just a great game. A LEGENDARY game. There are some flaws in the game,but not every game is perfect and besides,the flaws are so small you can't tell the difference. A must own.

What are you waiting for? Go to your nearest gamestop and buy this thing,and play it with every ounce of your soul.
  82. Oct 14, 2013
    I love this game it's one of the best i've ever played of and btw im here courtesy of OfficialNerdCubed break the system metacritic is suckish! Anyways i think that the graphics are good looking they don't overdue it at ALL. The missions are awesome and the story is like a movie.
  83. Oct 17, 2013
    Again that same like in old versions GTA. Huge map, tons of stupid missions, nothing special and new comparing other GTA's.

Recommended only enter cheat's and get lot of fun from killing and destroy everything!
  84. Oct 6, 2013
    Like SimCity which preceeded it, the game simply isn't finished.

A large portion of buyers purchased the game for the online portion, which has been embarrassingly off the mark since launch day. The single player is more of the tired formula. Drive to point A...kill at point B...drive to point C. Cars disappear rendering the money you earned to purchase them inert. Honestly there are
    Like SimCity which preceeded it, the game simply isn't finished.

Cars disappear rendering the money you earned to purchase them inert. Honestly there are so many technical issues with the game, it's best to just watch the game footage on YouTube.

Very poor. Does nothing to take the genre forward, and the only compliment I can pay is that the open world itself is a laudable technical achievement. Gameplay and server architecture...not so much.
  85. Sep 21, 2013
    Its GTA its back and its definitely worth the purchase!
    You will cry you will laugh and you will be shocked through the 30+ hours playing this
    There is so much things to do and i swear you will never be bored playing this If it`s one thing i can think of that`s bad it`s the fist combat but it`s not really a big thing since the game does n`t center around it. Now for the low reviews
    Its GTA its back and its definitely worth the purchase!
    There is so much things to do and i swear you will never be bored playing this
    Now for the low reviews this game has been given by
    Wanderlei
    kjm1986
    KriticalChaos
    flax0174
    javaleno
    You all can kiss my ass and f off with the score you are giving this, this game deserves the praise and hype and is more the worth the admission price!
    The fact you all are giving this such a weak score is cuz you are all most likely a pc elitist and want it on the pc. The score you guys are giving it is more suited for "ride to hell" because that is a piece of sit game.Not this!! So f you all!
    To everyone else i say buy this game it`s just amazing!!
  86. Sep 20, 2013
    If you give this game a score of under 10 you are obviously missing some brain cells with that said. Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the yearIf you give this game a score of under 10 you are obviously missing some brain cells with that said. Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Expand
  87. Sep 26, 2013
    GTA V is Rockstar's magnum opus, and is undoubtedly the best game of 2013.

Rockstar has redefined the boundaries of the definitive open-world genre, creating a new standard in both size and scale that all other sandbox games will be judged. GTA V's cinematic storytelling and dynamic game mechanics blur the edges between gaming and film, fashioning an inherently unique experience
    GTA V is Rockstar's magnum opus, and is undoubtedly the best game of 2013.

GTA V's cinematic storytelling and dynamic game mechanics blur the edges between gaming and film, fashioning an inherently unique experience filled with action, plot twists, and memorable moments that will keep gamers busy for quite some time.

The virtual world of Los Santos is a sprawling, satirical rendition of Southern California, complete with a smattering of region-based environments--from sunny beaches to forest-filled highlands--that are complete with flora, fauna and of course denizens.

GTA V's triumvirate of characters are all engaging and have their own personality traits and backstories, all of which are layered and weave into the game's story arc as to provide a unique spectacle of cinematic storytelling.

The game centers around heists and robberies, with traditional move-based themes featured in nearly every mission. The objectives and missions themselves are wide and varied, punctuating the main story with a variety of random content to enjoy.

All in all Rockstar has released a masterpiece of epic proportions that has re-shaped the open-world sandbox genre, culminating in an incredible gaming experience that permeates with quality, hilarity and of course explosive action.
  88. Sep 21, 2013
    Rockstar: Release GTA V on PC
    Because GTA is an amazing PC game and the idea of it not being on PC is a mistake!

Please, I must buy GTA 5, and not only me, but hundreds of thousands and even millions of PC players.! I'll take even a collector's edition. Just release it at least until the end of 2013, I want to play GTA 5.
  89. Sep 19, 2013
    It's a little unfair to rate this game considering the most exciting feature, the multiplayer, is yet to be released. That said, the base game is a treat to play, with the character swap being the trump card.
    If it seems that it is more of the same it is. And that's a GOOD thing. We have a brand new city to play in, new ways to create mischief and more activities and things to do than you can shake a submarine at.
    Sure the iffy controls are still there, personally I'll never understand why they persist in forcing that pov, or why the gun mechanics are the way they are. Or why driving sometimes feels like you're driving with slick tyres.... on an oil slick. Mastering them, remembering all the controls all takes time and is not intuitive as I could wish.
    The game is pretty, it has to be said, but like GTA IV it would look much better on next gen hardware. Pop-ups, glitches and field distance can take you out of the game-world that Rockstar have made, while frame-rate slowdowns can break it.
    The story is what made it for me. The character switch and how they integrate it (not a gimmick) is genius. My only problem was at times the dialogue. I don't mind swearing, in fact I rather enjoy swearing, but holy crepe, can we tone down the expletives? Sometimes they sound like mindless baboons screeching at one another. And it has to be said that much of the dialogue is GTA cliche.
    None of that gets in the way though. The story itself, the heists.... oh man. Cinematic. Just, SO much fun.
    If you like playing gta, you will like this one. You will play for hours. Doing just random stuff. I spent an hour with tennis, just to see how difficult it was to play against the AI.
    The only serious flaw I had with this game is the dis-jointed feel between the story and just messing around. Feels like two different games, where in one it's a tight, tense story driven bonanza, and the other gives you so much freedom you're not sure what to do.
    Anyways, I'll be waiting for multiplayer with baited breath, but for now, I'm off skydiving.

TOR's Score: 7.5
  90. Sep 20, 2013
    First off the game is amazing. The story is also amazing. The reason why the game gets "bad framerate" is because they are pushing the limits on a majorly outdated console. If it were to get a perfect 30 fps then the graphics would look even worse. That is also why the loading times are long and the ground textures occasionally look like crap. Rockstar should have focused on a system thatFirst off the game is amazing. The story is also amazing. The reason why the game gets "bad framerate" is because they are pushing the limits on a majorly outdated console. If it were to get a perfect 30 fps then the graphics would look even worse. That is also why the loading times are long and the ground textures occasionally look like crap. Rockstar should have focused on a system that can handle what they were trying to accomplish; such as PC or the next get consoles. All of these current issues aside the game is great for what they can get away with on the current gen xbox and playstation. 10/10 gameplay. Expand
  91. Apr 20, 2014
    I don't know why this game is so overhypered. In my opinion this is the worst GTA ever. It doesn't bring anything new or interesting as all of the previous games did. (GTA 3: 3d, GTA VC: buyable property, GTA SA: a wide variety of new things such as airplanes and car tuning and RPG elements, GTA 4: an much darker and serious tone to the genre and hanging out with ingame friends) and whatI don't know why this game is so overhypered. In my opinion this is the worst GTA ever. It doesn't bring anything new or interesting as all of the previous games did. (GTA 3: 3d, GTA VC: buyable property, GTA SA: a wide variety of new things such as airplanes and car tuning and RPG elements, GTA 4: an much darker and serious tone to the genre and hanging out with ingame friends) and what does this game bring? nothing, zero, nada. The story is too weak and you can clearly see where the money has gone into: ADVERTISEMENTS. The most interesting thing in the game were the heists, which where pretty cool to do, but oh no! imbicile Rockstar only lets you do just the ones that are in the story..... wtf why? Now people say: this game rocks its soo big and better than GTA 4, but in this big world you cant do **** nothing. And then there was the promise of an online world within GTA that had to be the new style of playing, well i'm still waiting for the heists and the game is hacked as ****
    This game gets an 0/10 from just because it is too overhyped, Rockstar needs to get its **** straight and produce a good game in the future and I dearly hope they dont **** up the next Red Dead.
  92. Nov 6, 2013
    A perfect game??? Give me a break. GTA 5 is an ambitious, huge open world, but Rockstar bit off more than they can chew and it shows. Between the half-baked story and obnoxious, frequently unlikable characters it's no wonder gamers sign on to mindlessly run over pedestrians for 2 hours. The writing tries to have social commentary that one game critic calls "sublime" and that it "makes youA perfect game??? Give me a break. GTA 5 is an ambitious, huge open world, but Rockstar bit off more than they can chew and it shows. Between the half-baked story and obnoxious, frequently unlikable characters it's no wonder gamers sign on to mindlessly run over pedestrians for 2 hours. The writing tries to have social commentary that one game critic calls "sublime" and that it "makes you think". But really, it's pseudo-intellectual, politically confused and mean-spirited. Cliché jabs and the US government hardly make you think. Re-wording a business name into a dick joke is hardly "sublime". The jabs at liberals through the Impotent Rage character fall flat because they don't ring true. Comedy has to be rooted in reality to work. The Republican Space Marines jokes are so directionless and rooted in nothing that they're just annoying background noise. You're left to navigate in a tired genre with occasional fresh moments like the bank robberies. The drive-the-car-from-A-to-B missions got old about 5 years ago. The racing missions aren't noteworthy even thought the environments can be pretty. You can try signing on to GTA online and watch your character get randomly sniped and run over while you're simply trying to level and earn money, but it becomes a frustrating and annoying experience. Bizarrely, you're not allowed to steal cars that belong to other gamers. Does anyone see a contradiction there in a game called GRAND THEFT AUTO? You're even penalized for damaging the cars of other players. All of this doesn't even speak to the buggy game mechanics that are unacceptable for a post-beta release.

Rockstar deserves acknowledgement for creating such a large, difficult project, but they also deserve criticism for lack of completion. It was their choice. The underdeveloped story and programming are predictable. That said, where are the real video game critics in all of this? Where is the SERIOUS criticality? Are they too busy counting money that Rockstar bought them off with? It's completely unethical for video game journalists to gloss over the shortcomings of any game. Fanboys will (annoy us with their irrational rah-rah-rah exuberance, but critics owe us authentic assessment. If video games are to be respected as an art it begins with serious, honest criticism, not across the board 10/10s. We ALL deserve better.

There is fun to be had in this game, though it's largely an off-story, masterbatory experience. If you've never or barely played the GTA series you'll probably enjoy the tired missions and game mechanics. If you're a politically confused quasi-libertarian, have mean-spirited tendencies, and think changing facebook's name to "Lifeinvader" is "deep" you'll probably love this game over.
  93. Sep 30, 2013
    This game is awesome. This game has so much to offer. You really get your moneys worth. Don't listen to the trolls. I give this game a 9 and the only reason it does not get a 10 from me is there is no Heavy Metal station.
  94. Oct 11, 2013
    GTA games have never been my favorite games, but there is no denying the quality of them, especially this installment. There are so many things to do in this game, the graphics are amazing and the map is huge. Truly is a masterpiece of a game.
  95. Sep 18, 2013
    Rockstar has done it again. I will definitely be buying all the DLC and playing this amazing game for months to come. I'm not sure why there are so many low reviews but I guess haters gotta hate
  96. Oct 8, 2013
    I was looking forward to this game from the moment they announced it! I can honestly say its one of the best if not the best game I've ever played. Well worth the dollar, cannot wait to see it run on PC as it definitely struggles at times on console, graphical rendering and fps performance are sometimes really choppy.

All in all, it's a sick game and everyone should play it.
  97. Oct 10, 2013
    One of the truly great games of this generation. Endlessly repayable and fun throughout. Great characters, the best GTA story so far, and without a doubt the best car handling and shooting mechanics in a GTA game yet. While there have been problems with pop-in, it can be forgiven because of the size and scope of a game like this being squeezed onto 8 year old consoles. A must play for anyOne of the truly great games of this generation. Endlessly repayable and fun throughout. Great characters, the best GTA story so far, and without a doubt the best car handling and shooting mechanics in a GTA game yet. While there have been problems with pop-in, it can be forgiven because of the size and scope of a game like this being squeezed onto 8 year old consoles. A must play for any true gamer. Expand
  98. Oct 12, 2013
    Note: I put this review in the wrong spot, I played this game for ps3, But I don't think there is any difference in the game between platforms,
    REVIEW: The single player version of this game is the best I have ever played, nothing comes close to the amount of fun I have playing this game. The online game still has some hiccups but the single player makes up for it, Id give this game 20 out of 10 if I could
  99. Jan 16, 2014
    Undoubtedly the best GTA game thus far. The freedom this game gives the player is unmatched and it looks better than GTA4. The characters are entertaining The aiming is shoddy, but this is GTA... The aiming and combat is hardly an emphasis. This game is all about freedom and chaos. Within the first 30 hours of playing this game, I'd have given it a solid 10. There really are no games quiteUndoubtedly the best GTA game thus far. The freedom this game gives the player is unmatched and it looks better than GTA4. The characters are entertaining The aiming is shoddy, but this is GTA... The aiming and combat is hardly an emphasis. This game is all about freedom and chaos. Within the first 30 hours of playing this game, I'd have given it a solid 10. There really are no games quite like it. Playing online with a car full of friends, reeking havoc, buying apartments, and customizing cars, was thoroughly fun for a while. I recommend this game to anyone looking for a casual yet chaotic gaming experience that they can enjoy with their friends. It is not the best thing since sliced bread, however this is very fun for a while. Expand

1. Dec 12, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto V offers one of the best sandbox experiences ever, filled to the brink with stuff to do. The vistas are magnificent and amazing stuff just seems to happen wherever you go. But at the same time the story is tired and the characters unoriginal. Your appreciation of Grand Theft Auto V will depend of what you want out of the series. The freedom and joy of discovery is hard to beat but the rest still has some ways left to go.
  2. Nov 6, 2013
    GTA V continues the game series' tradition of raising the bar for open world action games.
  3. Nov 5, 2013
    Tons of gameplay hours, plenty of missions and activities with an awesome collection of vehicles of various modes of transportation and a large array of firearms put the grandeur once again into Grand Theft Auto.