8.1

1. Sep 17, 2013
    This game deserves a better user score. I hope nobody takes it serious, because there are a lot of butthurt fakevotes.
    Well to the game. This is the GTA you've always been waiting for! Yes it's true. You loved San Andreas because of gameplay? You loved Vice City because of music and atmosphere? GTA 3's innovation? GTA IV's story? Well I'll explain.

This GTA brings it all together. The
    playing of three characters at once goes really smooth, it feels just how it should be, shooting and driving is really fun, it's kinda a mix between the realistic driving in GTA IV, arcade driving in Midnight Club, and shooting from Max Payne 3, and this is perfect!
    The missions are fun again, many people thought GTA IV had too similar missions, and I thought so too, but now you'll never get bored I assure you! The story is really well written, won't write more about that cause there is a lot to spoiler.
    The world is really massive, the countryside isn't boring at all, and seriously, who wasn't missing that after GTA IV? I don't know how R* did this, but even the graphics improved, while the game is bigger over all.
    You can do so much stuff in Los Santos and it's countryside, it's unbelievable that it is just one game! I played for at least 20 hours now, and I have so much more to see and explore, just crazy!

Well what else can I say? Buy it Play it yourself and agree! It's a really good game
  2. Sep 17, 2013
    The journey of the three protagonists and their pursuit of the dollar in the beautiful, sun-drenched state of San Andreas is a breath taking experience. Quite simply put, this is the best video game I have played for the current generation of consoles.

EDIT:

It seems as though the user score is being attacked by disgruntled PC fans, or possibly, fans of an equally GOTY deserving
    title. For the time being, disregard the user score. Expand
  3. Sep 17, 2013
    One hell of a game. It has a great narrative, tight gameplay and a fantastic soundtrack. It's everything you could want from a Rockstar game and more! Game of the year and quite possibly the game of this generation. (Ignore the jealous PC fanboys and buy this game!)
  4. Sep 17, 2013
    Simply the best game on this generation. Its so much fun to play this game, its never boring and you can do everything! Best GTA ever, best Xbox game ever. You just must have it!
  5. Sep 17, 2013
    No need for long reviews guys, it's simply the BEST GAME EVER MADE (but since i need 150 characters i have to write this to fulfill the requirement asdasd)
  6. Sep 17, 2013
    Clearly the best GTA game i have ever played. The world's large, massive and amazing. So many features to explore. The Online features makes the game even more amazing. Rockstar Games's best release ever. I appreciate all their hardwork in making a superb game like this Thank you Rockstar Games.
  7. Sep 20, 2013
    gta as everyone knows is brought to you from the developers of red dead and la noire. primarily set around 4 characters out to score big in the fictional city that is las santos through unnecessary violence and far to much use of the n***er and moth*****ker words, that me personally finds it a cheap way from the developers to get a reaction. The characters represent everything i hate in a person, I know the gta series has been known for elements of grand theft auto (obviously) violence, prostitution, drugs trust me i know i have been playing them off and on from the very first one, but with gta5 everything feels cheap, forced and unnecessary. I found it impossible to fall in love with the main characters and therefore didn't feel any attachment to them and thus didn't truly devote to them as characters. the car handling mechanics all feel the same from one van to the next one, and from one bike to the next also. the god awful car shooting mechanics where the aim is also the trigger button, and with that you have to carefully estimate where the reticule would be. the cover button is poorly exacuted as well and aims throughs doors when your stuck to a frame, plus the reticule is a pathetic dot for every none scoped gun, even a shotgun which makes no sense because shotguns have a greater spread with them. the mission status only shows up after you complete a mission, and on many occasions i have said to myself i would of done that if i'd a known, but you can replay misisons to get better scores which i think is another cheap unimaginative way to invoke replay value. i lke the camera to be very sensitive and the aiming reticle to be quite low, but you can't do that in this game, only change the overall senstivity for both analog sticks. the city is huge though and does ever so deservedly boast that, but you can barely go inside anywhere most doors i went up to denied me access, and the activities like for example tennis, shooting range, yoga, are superficial and once you have tried it, there is no compelling fun element to go back. plus in my own personal opinion everything feels rushed and monotonous. I find it quite frustrating that everytime i do a mission or enter a cutscene my characters clothes change, and you are limited on personal customization, and the skill levelling is awful i would rather not level up at all and all my characters have thier own personal skills, because you can level up every skill with every character there is no individualism and therefore everyone of your four main characters loses their unique touch and aspects. The flying aspect within the game is terrible as well, feels to sensitive and sucks at all the fun of it. im just glad i can sell it to a mate for £40.00 and thus only losing out on a fiver. Expand
  8. Sep 17, 2013
    Driving feels more like it did in Need For Speed games,fewer car accidents.
    The world is massive! If one word could sum up the game I think it would be 'detail'. Every aspect of the game is as detailed as possible and it is easily the best game ever made respective of the technological possibility in 2013.
  9. Sep 17, 2013
    So it seems that haters/PC users are attacking the user score. I'll keep this one short.

Over the past four straight hours of playing Grand Theft Auto V I've found that there is nothing to criticize. Believe me when I say that absolutely nothing. Bringing the world of San Andreas into the soon-to-be obsolete video game generation sets Rockstar to a new path: a path that will catapult
    them to the top of the "video game industry food chain". That's all I can say. This game unanimously deserved Game of the Year 2013. Expand
  10. Sep 17, 2013
    Best GTA ever no doubt you can do anything you want customize cars,weapons,buy house and garage. And the map is huge its GTA:SA,GTA IV,RDR combined.

GOTY and GOTG
  11. Sep 17, 2013
    I'm writing this review because I feel I have to. Everyone needs to know how fantastic and incredible this game is. The world is big and beautiful, graphics are gorgeous, characters are very likeable (especially Trevor) and the attention to detail is astounding. This is a must play and rockstar's greatest game of all time. It definitely lives up to the hype. There is just so much to say about this game but it will take forever to explain how groundbreaking it really is. If you liked 4 you will absolutely love this one. There is so much to see and do in this living world rockstar has created. Only flaws I've seen are a bit of pop in and very few glitches. It is extremely polished and was well worth the wait. It's games like these that set the bar infinitely high for open world games and proves that rockstar is the king of open world games. It's gonna be hard to beat this game out...even next gen games don't stand a chance against the masterpiece that is gta 5. Expand
  12. Sep 17, 2013
    Phenomenal. That is the best way to describe this game. Grand Theft Auto V pushes and exceeds the very boundaries of gaming. It is a remarkable achievement in storytelling, world design, audio and visuals, and most importantly, pure gameplay. It is immense fun. Every game mechanic is tightly interwoven and heavily polished; and yet they're good enough to stand on their own. What makes this game truly special is the scope, size, and ambition of the entire thing. It's simply huge. It improves on the already great aspects of other Grand Theft Auto games that preceded it. It is everything that one could hope for in an open world game, and more. I am not exaggerating when I say that it is easily the best game of this generation, or even of all time. 10/10. Expand
  13. Sep 17, 2013
    I just felt the need to come on here after playing for a few hours and say that the game is absolutely freaking fantastic. You can basically do anything you want. See somewhere you want to go? Go do it. See a store you want to rob? Go heist it. See someone getting robbed? Well, that decision is up to you- vigilante or innocent bystander? The sheer amount of choice GTA V gives you is enough to warrant a fantastic score. The game is absolutely amazing and is a must-have. Expand
  14. Sep 18, 2013
    GTA V being very overrated is probably the worst thing about Metacritic User Reviews.

The Game is brilliant, an easy 8-9/10, but it isn't perfect, Murky Textures and somewhat dull activities are highlighted here.

Campaign is interesting,the world is Huge and messing around has never been as fun on a GTA game, but if you're reading reviews and want a genuine answer of the games
    quality that isn't biased about how its 'perfect' or 'terrible' this is what you need to read.

Pros:
    Huge World
    Storyline
    Characters and General Improvements to them
    Pace

Cons:
    Textures
    Activities (while fitting to the game, tennis isn't something i want to spend my time on GRAND THEFT AUTO doing.)
  15. Sep 17, 2013
    Best gta game ever made massive, detailed map and lots of entertaining stuff to do. Those who cry about graphics think again its open world you see it, you can go there. It is still looking 2x as good as gta iv. And also it is running on 7 year old hardware.
  16. Sep 17, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto V is Rockstar's definitive open-world masterpiece, a magnum opus and the culmination of everything Rockstar has created to date. Almost entirely flawless, GTA V is the perfect marriage of story and unhindered freedom to explore, with the promise of hidden secrets scattered across the deserts, hills and wilderness of Blaine County. Boasting planes, trains, automobiles, helicopters, motorcycles, bicycles, parachutes, boats, submarines and a multitude of guns, Grand Theft Auto V is all things to all gamers. It's quite simply perfect in every way. Expand
  17. Sep 17, 2013
    Best game ever, bar none. I will be playing this for years to come, and there is still gta online to come yet and complete masterpiece in gaming, and the best gta game.
  18. Sep 17, 2013
    I know there are a ton of positive things to say about this game, but i would like to point out what I feel is its biggest weakness. The look sensitivity is too way slow, even on the highest setting. Any possibly of this game winning over FPS fans seems doubtful in its current state due to this oversight. This disappointing blunder severely needs to be addressed in a future patch. At some points the limitations of current-gen gaming already make me hope for an announcement from Rockstar of a PS4 version of the game. That, with the aim sensitivity fixed, would truly be your perfect-10 game. However, this is still one of the best games available on the current-gen systems. 9.75 out of 10. Expand
  19. Sep 17, 2013
    With most things in life, the anticipation exceeds the actual enjoyment of the experience. I knew coming into the game, that must be true here as well. Damn was I wrong. This game exceeds every expectation I had, in spades. GTA 5 is a true masterpiece in every sense of the word. It's hard to describe such an experience with words. It's a game you really have to play just to get an idea of how awesome it really is. It's everything you ever wanted an open world game to be and then some. Every aspect of the game from driving to flying to just walking around is fun and thoroughly enjoyable. If you had your doubts, rest assured its every bit as good as it was hyped up to be. And that's saying a lot. Expand
  20. Sep 17, 2013
    haters gonna hate

best game of this generation.

there's nothing similar to GTA V in the industry, they are on another level, you can see that they care like no other publisher
  21. Sep 17, 2013
    I game full of life. I've never been so distracted in a game before. The game exceeds what I was expecting from the graphics, pushing the hardware to it's limits. I was surprised at how colourful the game was at first, a huge step up from the dark, cold city of GTA IV. The map is huge... I mean huge! Not just in size, but detail as well!
    The game is amazing in all aspects, from the highly
    detailed, comical cutscenes, to the in-depth car customisations.

Once again Rockstar has set a new standard for gaming.

Pros:
    -Amazing Graphics
    -Small details
    -Improved physics, car damage and control, guns.
    -Open world fun.
    -Perfected features such as character switching, changing weapons, abilities and more.
    -Humour, from the tv shows, to radio stations, or random citizens of los santos. They all make you smile and searching for more humourous content.

Cons:
    -Texture/item pop-in which is minimal, and easily ignored. Sadly this is down to the hardware. Can't wait to see what they're capable of in the next-gen/PC (possible) versions of GTA V or any future ones.
  22. Sep 17, 2013
    What an absolutely incredible game.

I luckily received the game early to review it for a smaller gaming journalism website and I legitimately feel that this is the best game i've played in these eight years of the seventh console generation, perhaps even of all time. I hope I don't lose any manpoints but I am happy to tell you that at a certain point of the game (avoiding spoilers) I
    shed a tear. This isn't just a video game, it's artwork.

Regardless of the consoles it has been released for, this game isn't just a 'taste' of next-gen... it IS next-gen.

23. Sep 17, 2013
    Most of the time i'm gaming on the PC, because i love te play FPS, strategy and MMORPG games.
    But to be honest, this game is really good and i am lucky that i have a X360 to play it!
    One good reason to play more on the console or even buy one for this game, its very worth the money and your time!
  24. Sep 17, 2013
    Amazing Game! It's so fun its unreal and all the things you can do on it is mind boggling best game I've ever played! Must Buy! I never thought it could be this good!
  25. Sep 17, 2013
    Best game ever without a doubt, just play the game and see for yourself, there is nothing more to say.
    Anybody who hates on this game has absolutely no taste in good games or is a hating PC gamer, just ignore these bad reviews
  26. Sep 17, 2013
    Best game of the year, everything you would expect from a GTA game and more! Once GTA online comes out in 2 weeks it will only get better! Over 60+ hours of gameplay and an environment just as rich as skyrim
  27. Sep 17, 2013
    5 hours in. Makes GTA 4 feel like an arcade game.Nothing has ever come closer to feeling like real life. Many times I even flinched just getting in an accident or getting punched when pissing someone off. In all ways of saying it, I can't even wrap my head around how Rockstar got the current gen to run a game like this. I will now discontinue sleeping for the next 2 weeks.
  28. Sep 17, 2013
    Been playing it for about 6 hours now the game has an incredible open world the best i have ever seen in a game but the story and characters have let this game done completely for me. The script for the characters has not been good at all with them repeating insults and words its just gets old and boring. The characters really are not interesting to me and i really dont care for them. The driving still is frustrating and the shooting mechanics are not as solid as max payne 3. But the game is tons of fun Expand
  29. Sep 17, 2013
    This game is the mutts nuts. Got it last night after queuing for half an hour was worth the wait. Rockstar north have done it again. Scotland should be proud. I loved gta 4 and this looks to be even bigger and better everything has been tweaked. Pisses me of when I see negative user review on here because its not on pc YET! It will be calm down. Just like gta 4 was later on. So stop being ridiculous. That's like me leaving a revew on witcher 2 because it didnt come onto the 360 at the same time as pc. It's stupid grow up children. This is a great game. Expand
  30. Sep 20, 2013
    I loved every old Rockstar game and GTA game up to and including San Andreas but hated GTA 4, (Red Dead Redemption was o.k.). I love arcade mode State of Emergency. Judging by this I suspect they never will make another classic. It's better than GTA4 (not hard) but it looks tired compared to recent games. The graphics suck bad. Really bad, but graphics aren't everything...but they suck. The controls are awful. I don't know why people keep saying they are so good. Play Crysis 3 and tell me the controls are anything like as good. Its awkward to swap weapon and the menus screens are clunky. The characters are tired and hackneyed and whilst I can take a bit of that I'm bored of the rockstar cliches. Good bits, well its a lovely big open world with well all the cool normal GTA stuff in that you like. Choice of guns vehicles and now the welcome 'character' abilities are a positive step. I like the way you can flit between characters for heists. It adds another much needed dimension. Radio shows are still funny with some truly awesome tunes. All the hype is a bit much though for what it is. Its o.k., maybe even as good as san andreas was at the time but with graphics and better competition from other great games. I have gone straight back to playing 'The last of us' and 'Fallout 3'. Buy if you would accept more or less anything from rockstar but if you want real deep innovation you will be disappointed. Expand
  31. Sep 17, 2013
    People are undoubtedly going to hate on this game, but it's most certainly a game that must be played to be believed. It's vast. I've only been playing a couple hours, but I already know i'll be up for a few more at least. Don't listen to the hater's the game is well worth checking out!
  32. Sep 17, 2013
    This game is the best game i ever played! Everything in this game is just (near) perfect!!
    The graphics, the artwork, the soundtrack, the gameplay, the characters, just about everything you can imagine. But why are you reading this, go play GTA V now!!!
  33. Sep 17, 2013
    The game is amazing, I love everything about it! You really can do anything, from golf to skydiving, to biking, to of course the main story which I find to be a lot more entertaining and intriguing then GTA IV. I don't think ive enjoyed a game this much in a long time, if you buy one game this year buy this.
  34. Sep 24, 2013
    Very dumbed down car handling. It is pathetic and I bet that was made for all that casual players that dont know nothing about real world physics etc. So that kids can have fun in stupid games but when they grow up they are making car accidents because they have no idea about real car handling. Pathetic game because of what they did to car physics. And that funny ability to rock car back on wheels hahaha another feature for dumb kids. GTA is so childish that it hurts. I will not buy that game. I only hope that good moders will fix that pathetic childish car handling on PC version. Also add speedometer, fuel usage and stuff that will make this game more real so it will not look so much dumbed down. Expand
  35. Sep 19, 2013
    I think I've been spoiled by the recent influx of really good third person shooters and open world games. Sleeping Dogs, Saints Row, and others have all added a good mix of fun and great ideas to the genre. And because of that, I feel rather unimpressed by GTA V.

The story is weak, which isn't really that surprising since most GTA games aren't known for their depth, but I was actually
    really invested in the stories of Red Dead Redemption and L.A. Noire, both of which are of course Rockstar titles. None of the main characters really appeal to me, they're not funny or clever, and after 30 hours of doing just story missions I find myself really let down. I get that everything is a parody, that the political cartoons on TV and the jabs at Facebook are pop culture references, but none of it is really making me laugh. The side characters like Jimmy and Tonya are just obnoxious and I keep wishing I could permanently drive them off a cliff, but I can't!

As for gameplay, the driving is really bad, and with cars being the center of the game mechanics, that's saying something. Cars don't feel very different, they don't seem to have much weight to them, the GPS is really archaic and detracts from other things. There are clipping issues with items along the road and the car physics still seem way off. Shooting from cars is horrible, I mean who the hell thought it would be a great idea to make shoot and target the same button? That kind of stuff is unforgivable in 2013, especially since other recent games have it so much better. Movement is clunky, it feels like it hasn't improved a bit since RDR, I constantly "bump" into people and annoy them even though I clearly didn't even touch them. Moving around the house or inside areas does not feel nice, it feels like I'm moving a fridge rather than a person. Why is it so hard to actually stash cars and have a garage? What happened to my customized cars? It feels like Rockstar didn't put much thought into making car management very fluent, and again, when cars are so prominent in the game, WHY is it like this? Also, the mission rating system is ridiculous when you can't even seen the requirements for different medals before or during the mission.

The side missions and activities are all over the place, they're not deep enough to be good simulations, but they're also not good enough to be arcade style mini games. Tennis in particular is terrible, so why even bother putting it in when you don't make it any fun or any good? Managing stock markets, browsing the internet, watching TV, going to strip clubs, etc, they're all kind of boring and I felt no need to do any of them ever again.

Character customization is average, it's nowhere near as fun as it is in Saints Row, and so far I haven't found anything worth buying at the clothing stores in Los Santos. The leveling system for stats is not fun, since you can't really tell you're getting better at something until the game tells you. There's no way to track progress, which makes it uninteresting. They'd have been better off just making the different characters good at certain things and bad at others, and then just keeping it that way. The fact that you need an iphone app to level your dog is especially when the app itself is unstable and keeps resetting progress. Please don't make external apps that influence in-game stats, it's a terrible idea.

Graphics wise, meh, while I think it looks a lot like L.A. the game is certainly not pushing any boundaries. The aliasing makes everything seem...I don't know, shiny but unappealing? There's something about it that doesn't feel right, it feels a bit too reflective and not real enough. I'm kinda sad that there's no performance capture stuff like they had with L.A. Noire, GTA V looks really old in comparison which is weird.

I won't bother to complain about every gaming site giving it a 10 since it's just a product of this gaming generation, but I will say I'm surprised to see that many normal people raving about it. The game doesn't bring anything new to the table and is quite honestly very boring most of the time. I would have rather had a game like Red Dead Redemption set in a different time and place, something a little more interesting than a recreation of L.A.
  36. Sep 26, 2013
    Poor framerate, poor graphics. Shouldnt have been released for this gen consoles. I would have loved to see this on my PC instead. It could have been so beautiful, but instead they sold out.
  37. Sep 17, 2013
    Sharp, intelligent and humorous, GTA V is more than just the best game for current-gen platforms, it's a social commentary on contemporary America. The combination of masterful gameplay with constant knocks and blows at American culture is a serendipitous swansong to Rockstar's most successful franchise, one in which I've been coming back to time and time again. Limitlessly enjoyable and stupendously thrilling, GTA V has been the last bow of grace from the PS3 AND XBOX 360, expertly demonstrating what capable and successful machines they both are. Spectacularly beautiful, bitingly funny and heart-pumping gameplay are all you'll find in this zenith of a game. Expand
  38. Sep 17, 2013
    Unbelievable! the map is enormous, there are tons of new, fun things to do, and so far I am very impressed by the storyline. Rockstar hit another one out of the park with this game.

P.S. the radio is awesome. there are something like 1000 tracks and as always the talk shows are hilarious.
  39. Sep 17, 2013
    It's the best game i've ever played in my entire life. The city is so huge and i'm amazed by the graphic on xbox 360 which is almost 8 years old console. There is just so much to do in this game.
  40. Sep 17, 2013
    Well, the time has finally come. After 5 years of waiting, we finally have the game we've all been waiting for.

Grand Theft Auto has only been released today but it's got the whole world paying attention.
    After the minimal GTA IV, everyone has been eager for the next instalment to match up with GTA: San Andreas. The freedom that was available in San Andreas stayed in everyone's hearts
    and minds for all these years, and now it's back with style!

The world is massive. When I say massive, I mean massive!
    There were a lot of complaints from people when the map was leaked, saying that Los Santos is tiny and they were hoping for more. When you actually enter the world though, you finally see the epic scale of what Rockstar have created.

Once you're on the road and doing your thing, the size doesn't even cross your mind because you're so involved with the game. Busting down roads in a sports car you've just stolen going at top speed still doesn't cover the map in any short time. That's not to mention Blaine County! The area is so huge and has so much to do there, you find yourself staying in the dirt county and enjoying the views and all the activities there is to do. It's great because Los Santos and Blaine County feel like totally different worlds, but you get to enjoy them in one solid game.

I really enjoyed GTA: IV, because it felt fresh on the now current gen platforms. I always saw mixed reviews about the driving, but honestly, I loved it. It did take some time to adjust to the smooth, but loose handling of the cars, but after that it was just a barrel of fun.
    To be honest though, I am glad that they have changed the mechanics of the handling on GTA V.
    With the area been so big and varied, the sharper handling certainly does help out in some sticky situations. It's almost like they blended GTA: San Andreas & GTA: IV's handling and created something special. Sometimes it can feel like the handling is harsh, but once you get the hang of it, it certainly is something beautiful. Especially when you are on a mission and you have the police on your tail. This is where you get high end chases and everything flows perfect.

So far I am really enjoying the story. It really feels like I'm in a interactive movie.
    The scripting is done hilariously well. You want to know what the stories about and how they are going to come out on top. It really is great to see a well scripted story, but also a game that is so open and inviting, you feel drawn in and want to stay there. One minute you could be pulling off a major heist and the next you're riding your bike along the beach front watching the sun set.

The gun play has greatly improved. If you are familiar with GTA: IV's controls for shooting then you'll be right at home here. It's a great mix of GTA and Max Payne 3, especially when you control Michael, as his special ability is slow motion. Yup, you read that right, each of the 3 characters has their own special ability. Michael has his slow motion for gun fights, Franklin has his slow motion focus with vehicles, which is great for getaways! And Trevor, who has a wicked rage ability. He inflicts extra damage on people, literally blowing their heads off! His damage is also reduced which really does help when you're in a rampage mood.

There really is a enormous amount of content in this game. Something which is going to be absolutely amazing when GTA: Online is released on the 1st October.

If you're looking for a new open world game to play, that offers the most amount of content you've ever seen (And that's not including GTA: Online), and you're looking for a fun story that draws you in to what's going on in the world, then Grand Theft Auto V is the game for you.
    The unpredictable world really has so much to offer. You could be planning to do one thing and then something pops up along the way and while you're doing that, something else starts to happen. It all feels organic. You don't feel like you're forcing yourself to do anything. You just kick back and let the game entertain you.

I definitely urge any long time fan of the GTA series, or anyone who loves their open world/action games, hell, even sports games, to give this a go.
    The amount of content and things to do is enough to keep everyone interested for a long time.

This game will be getting a 10/10 from me! The fact it made me want to write my very first review, shows me this game is special. I'm anxiously waiting to finish work so I can go and enjoy the world of Grand Theft Auto V, again!

I hope everyone enjoyed my short review, or at the very least found the information helpful!

Until next time!
    Marc

UBGaming
  41. Sep 17, 2013
    Played this for the last 48 hours with the help of pro-plus, and the size of the world is insane, the humour Is back, the unpredictability is back, the craziness is definitely back, there are parts of the world I am just discovering, the scripts are mad, especially Trevor's, the cars don't feel like they are on ice skates like they did in GTA4, the shooting is smooth, 50sq miles of fun (7x7) biggest distance in miles is 7.3 miles form the top of the map to the bottom, messure 7.3 miles on your mileomiter, that will give you an idea of how big this world is! Expand
  42. Oct 10, 2013
    To start off, I'll review this game in one word: shallow. The word rings true while calling to mind any and all facets of the game. A story that masquerades as compelling until it is quickly forced to open up and reveal its hollow interior, gameplay stuck on seemingly perpetual repeat, and dozens of elements that were clearly thrown in only for purposes of making the game look more expansive than it really is. I suppose some of my irritation comes not only from the game but from the way it was marketed. Biggest map ever? Only if you include the miles of sand and rocks that make up the game's underwater sections. Intense interactive heist missions? Only one can truly fit that description, while the others only do the bare minimum required to somewhat pass off as such. The world is no doubt impressive, but ultimately comprised of too much filler and wasted opportunity. So much of the world is incredibly detailed but ultimately useless and boring, and every time you come across an area that has the potential to defy that pattern, Rockstar has decided to neglect it (presumably to release it in a dlc pack later on). Really? The racetrack and CASINO (among other locales) are useless shells while i can go into a 7-11 and look at low-res cereal boxes? Sure, I can hold up the 7-11 for a comically small amount of money, which is nice considering the other 90% of stores you can't hold up, despite the creators frequently flaunting the new robbery mechanic. As far as the other new gimmicky mechanics, no amount of customization can spice up the relentlessly simple gameplay, which seems determined to etch itself into your head through gross repetition. Of course it's not all bad. The writing is often clever and the earlier missions are definitely creative, which stand in stark contrast to the last few missions, which feel more like side missions and hold about the same narrative weight. I also found the game quite funny, while my friend found it about as funny typhus, so I'd imagine his score to be even lower. The soundtrack is extensive and there are some fun side activities, but ultimately nothing that can save this game from the grave it started digging the moment they started marketing. There is just not enough to do once the story mode is completed, and that which there is feels more like a grind than a fun mechanic. You can't tell me navigating a poorly controlled submarine in miles of nothingness for an hour and a half, JUST to get a stupid collectible, is fun. You just cant! So please stop using mundane collectibles as a means to say "There is so much to do in this game omgggg!" There are several other small gripes I have with the game (such as the fact that they showed video of planes spewing toxic pesticides only to cheat us out of that actually fun mechanic) but I won't go into any more, as they come off as nit-picky. -Now, as I near the conclusion of my review, and many of you cry butthurt pc fanboy, let me say that I played this on 360 and am quite familiar with the GTA series. I'm not comparing this to a deep emotional experience like heavy rain, I'm comparing it to what GTA claims to be, and has succeeded at being in previous installments. A satirical sandbox with an entertaining story and mechanics that add to either the mood or enjoyment of the game. What you will find in GTA V is a dull story, shallow side activities and mechanics, and a city which has much more flare than substance. Also before I go i feel obligated to talk about gta's online feature. I don't even know where to begin with GTA Online. It's a glitch ridden mess, which encourages the complete opposite of what makes gta fun. It would've been much more accurate if they called it "Responsible Money Manager 2013 Where You Are Penalized For Committing Grand Theft Auto and Shamelessly Encouraged to Buy GTA Dollars Through the Online Store". Yuck. Online Freemode used to be such a chaotic and fast paced experience, and I couldn't have thought of a better way to ruin it myself. Obviously none of these criticisms are relevant if you can't even get in, or are unlucky enough to have all of your progress deleted, as is the case with thousands of users. Well, I hope this review helped to save you some money. If only I had read a realistic review before I dropped my precious $60. Expand
  43. Sep 17, 2013
    I only played for about a half hour and i can already say that this game is a masterpiece!!
    There is so much to do, its never ever get boring its just amazing how big and beautiful the world is, how the characters feel unique and alive, how the gameplay is, the soundtrack and oh my god those graphics, my xbox 360 is pushed to the limits!
    For PC gamers just buy a 360 or PS3 and dont gonna
    hate, the graphics are not bad at all for a console game! Expand
  44. Sep 17, 2013
    I'm a girl and i normally don't play games but i make a exception for this one, my boyfriend played this tonight so now i purchased the game for my self to because i was very impressed by the game. So to any girl who doesnt like games in general, try this one it wil blow you away haha
  45. Sep 17, 2013
    This game is a 10 out of 10 and any of the reviews giving it a 0 are just trolls upset that the game isn't announced for PC yet. I assure you, a PC port is coming. GTA has never not been released on PC. Red Dead Redemption gets brought up a lot but that was made by an entirely different studio. The code was a mess and porting it would have been a nightmare so it never happened. The game IS coming to PC, just a little late to the party.

GTA 5 is a masterpiece in almost every way possible. Every bit of the mechanics, the story, the world, it is exceptional. Rockstar North know how to make open world games, and they knocked this out of the park and it deserves every bit of the praise.
  46. Sep 17, 2013
    Simply brilliant! I got the xbox360 version at a midnight release and played throughout the whole night, even though I'm writing exams today. It's superb gameplay and funny interesting story. 15/10 is more like it!
  47. Sep 17, 2013
    hands down best game of the year! better yet this is one of the best games i played in my life. great storyline and exciting gameplay. this tops anything that came out this year so glad i bought it day one! i think a lot of people are going like this game.
  48. Sep 17, 2013
    amazing game, in short words GTA V has improved in basically everything and some elements that made GTA SA a special game have returned. Just play it and after playing it for a hour or two you won't be able to put the controler down.

Ignore the negative reviews, its just a bunch of angry pc gamers or whining kids... just look at the what they wrote
  49. Sep 17, 2013
    Perfection.This game is more than i was hoping for... huge map, freedom to do anything.I like the idea of controlling three character instead of one and i like the interaction they have.The king of Open World games is back.
  50. Sep 20, 2013
    The game is fun, but the Xbox 360 version keeps freezing every 10-20 minutes on my Original Xbox 360 (No HDMI version). It is frustrating to have to replay missions over and over and hope it doesn't freeze.
  51. Sep 29, 2013
    I'll cut straight to criticisms.

Camera is still surprisingly slow on maxed out sensitivity. You still have to tap A to sprint or peddle bicycles faster. Left trigger to ADS or lock on for melee which unfortunately is still not as versatile or interesting to witness as Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. You shoot with right trigger and you can't switch it with left trigger without switching
    sticks. Like in GTA IV you tap right shoulder button to cling to walls which while less clunky and more immediate will often slap you against a surface that has an open line of fire from the enemy.

There are a few differences. Crouching is a stealth action. The weapon wheel; engaged by holding the left shoulder button. Not only can you carry every class of weapon in the game but every model and you switch them by picking weapon class with the right stick then scrolling through models with directional buttons. You trigger sticky bombs by tapping left, while selecting weapons in a vehicle is done by pressing X. Needless to say it's convoluted and often even illogical.

Early on you'll notice how much easier the game is in some ways and more difficult in others. In both cases to the detriment of the experience. On foot, eliminating an enemy is a breeze due to far less recoil, lots of aim assist (yes, even in free-aim), and bullet magnetism. This leaves gun fights feeling shallow. To counter this difficulty is amped up by having more enemies per encounter leaving your health bar to erode faster. This holds true even in vehicles with them serving in no appreciable way as armor. You'll need body armor when engaging in a gunfight. I'll go into further detail why that's an issue when I touch on how the game's economy is a problem. Either way, if it's not as fun shooting one enemy as it was in the previous game you're not going to want to shoot even more of them.

Speaking of vehicles. They are a lot easier in every way. Accelerate and reach max speed faster. Decelerate almost instantly in comparison to GTA IV. Even the heaviest class takes turns as sharply as a formula one car. Further, when airborne you can control a vehicles yaw, pitch, and roll like they all come with an elevator, rudder, and aileron. This goes a long way in harming suspension of disbelief. Planes are a different story.

Much more can be said on the subject of cars, though. As if being less distinguishable from each other wasn't enough sports cars are everywhere. In GTA iV you quickly learned the characteristics of most vehicles and gravitated towards certain models, fully appreciating when they pop-up. You completely cherished sports/super cars and saved them for races and more difficult missions. In GTA V it doesn't matter. You can pop into most cars and they'll get the job done. Not only do they handle like go-karts they have their physics as well. Mach trucks will fly sky high at the slightest bump and vans can easily be shifted 45 degrees by kicking.

Physics in general are a step down from GTA IV. Nothing feels like it has weight including dumpsters which now feel like empty cardboard. Crashing is inconsequential. Even the damage model is bungled with the hardest collisions leaving minor scrapes. It's a testament to GTA IV that failing was as fun as succeeding. In GTA V it's hard to fail and it's not that much fun to succeed. Maybe this is by design. It's a big world. You'll need to get from mission to mission. With all that space this was their slipshod solution.

The missions themselves aren't handled much better. The side missions often have some scripted event and interesting character interaction to introduce them. Once that's done you're left with a painfully dull task that outstays it's welcome. Triathlons, Yoga, Towing Vehicles, Golf, Tennis which isn't bad itself but one set requires you to win six games. Against a good opponent this can go on for nearly half an hour. Bowling in GTA IV might not have been particularly engaging but it knew it was there for little else than flesh out a game world and it's characters.

You'll need to do missions for money which there's a scarcity of. I mentioned you'll need body armor but the average mission will pay for about two of those and hospital visits are insanely expensive. You'll need to buy up businesses (vary by character) which will pay too small off an amount weekly. To improve pay you'll need to do missions for these businesses. Some are time sensitive. Factoring in travel time, too sensitive. You will need to make investments. The biggest cash ins are during corporate sabotage missions. If you missed out. You're SOL.

On the subject of messing up, you will and then the cops arrive. They get provoked by as little as jumping face first into a wall never mind hostile actions. Even at one star they aren't easy to shake and one star takes too long to disappear but it can turn into two stars for no apparent reason and things escalate from there.
  52. Sep 17, 2013
    Amazing game to end this generation. Shouldn't see anything get better than this until next gen hits. 3 character story is stroke of genius. Rockstar set the bar high.
  53. Sep 17, 2013
    This is the game of the decade, and I mean it! There is nothing that is not perfect in this game! Maybe the storyline if you're not familiar with the goofy nature of the series, but I'm making this review for Open-world fans. This game is perfect. Perfect. I have been trying so hard to find something to criticise but I just can't. GTA V is the game you have been waiting for, everyone! Go and buy it if you haven't already.

P.S: It's pathetic to rate a game 0 just because it's available on your gameing platform.
  54. Sep 17, 2013
    Serious butthurt from some PC fanboys here. Why? I'm mainly a PC gamer, but I do have a console and well, I bought this game. It's perfect. It might not be if you care too much about graphics, but I personally don't, and they're amazing for a game this big running on a 7 years old hardware anyway. This game is massive, ambitious, beautiful, funny. Everything. This game is almost perfect. Buy it ASAP! Expand
  55. Sep 17, 2013
    Game of the decade in my opinion. It's such an excellent game. I swear anyone who will give it a shot, will be addicted to playing it. Best GTA game and best all around game PERIOD. One only minor issue I had was some weird but funny glitches. (Such as entering michael's residence and seeing his daughter standing on the couch and his wife standing on the counter in the kitchen.) If you plan on purchasing, today is your final day for a week since everywhere I look it's out of stock already. So BUY IT. Expand
  56. Sep 17, 2013
    GTA V shows that Rockstar still has plenty gas left in the tank with the GTA franchise. The map is HUGE (I still wish they had Las Venturas from San Andreas. [But I digress...]), the graphics are not the best, but nonetheless they are very good, and all of the main characters (Michael, Franklin, and Trevor) are fun to play as in their own way. Michael gives you the luxury life, Franklin gives you the gangster life, and Trevor gives you the crazy life. Not to mention that the amount of activities are limitless. You will be hooked for months on end. The story absolutely beats the stories of the previous installments, including GTA IV (along with its DLCs) and San Andreas. The story is deep and extremely fun to play. Customization has been improved greatly, with customizable cars, tatoos, and players in GTA Online. Speaking of Online, this game has all of the great modes from GTA IV, along with a much deeper and fun experience in free mode.
    Overall, this game is the best GTA game ever, rockstar's best game ever, Xbox 360s best game ever, one of the best games from this generation, and even one of the best games ever made. I was proud that I had pre-ordered and purchased this game in every way possible. This is, without much doubt, the best game I have ever played...
  57. Sep 17, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto V (GTA V) is truly the game of the year, perhaps the game of the generation. This game is mindblowing. The story has been written perfectly and is really living. I almost felt like I was in the game. The world is HUGE. I played GTA IV before the release and god damn, this feels so different. It takes me about 10 minutes to go from south to north in Liberty City. The GTA V map is bigger than RDR, GTA IV and GTA SA together. Go figure how long it'll take to go from south to north. The game is pretty stable overall, sometimes you'll notice FPS drops. Seriously, you notice these. It doesn't happen often though, so don't worry. Car driving is improved over GTA IV, cars drive smooth. Character switching is also smooth, sometimes when switching characters you'll notice them doing something else. I once switched to Trevor, and... find that out for yourself. Expand
  58. Sep 17, 2013
    One truly must laugh at the sheer volume of collected butthurts this butthurt trap has caught. User trolls galore. There is a guy writing the same review word for word with a few minor changes on seperate accounts just to downrank the games user score. I assure you trolls, this game won't be brought down by the same technique that brought others down. There are far more supporters of this game than there are thumbsucking PC gamers who didn't get the game. Sucks for you guys though LOL. anyway, this game is so far fantastic. So much more bright than gta 4 More variety a better characters, just better. Amazing. Hilarious. Buy it. Expand
  59. Sep 17, 2013
    Best game ever
    much better then GTA IV
    i played it last night and loved it
    looking forward to the online
    The driving physics are worlds better than they were in GTA IV. I keep finding myself driving around aimlessly because it's so fun to drive
  60. Sep 17, 2013
    A Masterpiece simply the best GTA to date and the best work from Rockstar Games it's a must have for everyone who are looking for alot of fun so go and buy this masterpiece
  61. Sep 17, 2013
    This game is the culmination of a lot of previous Rockstar games. In this game I can see aspects from GTA III and IV, as well as Red Dead Redemption and Max Payne 3. To describe the game in one word: Extraordinary definitely the game of this generation.

The sheer amount of detail in the vast world that you can explore freely is quite simply astounding, with so much to do that you
    cannot get bored. I'm not sure how they have managed to squeeze this much out of 7-8 year old hardware, I didn't think it was possible. I'm not sure how this game got the same score as IV, because in my opinion this is a superior game. The three protagonist switching feature is awesome, car handling is better, the graphical fidelity is better, the cover mode in combat is better, the missions are more varied, the characters and storyline is better and finally, there is more to do after the missions have been completed.

The only minor complaint I have is the heists. I feel they could have gone further with them. When I had finished them, I was left wanting more although you can replay them over (and over and over and over and over) again at any time, along with any previous mission.

The game does push its luck, especially with the torture scene, but it is Grand Theft Auto, remember. Fans of the series probably won't be shocked by it it's what we've come to expect in this franchise, and we love it.

To sum up: Rockstar's best game ever, the best XBOX 360/Playstation 3 game ever, the best game in this generation, and one of the best games of all time on any platform simply brilliant! 10 out of 10 all the way.
  62. Sep 20, 2013
    Just like the other GTAs, I got bored of this after messing around using cheats(the best part of the game), seeing the highest points of the game and being disappointed. Driving cars is the best part and that's not executed as well as other games do.
  63. Sep 18, 2013
    what? 8,1 user score? All this trolls and haters can't do nothing with this masterpiece. Best Grand Theft Auto ever, even better than San Andreas, so what are you waiting for?
  64. Sep 17, 2013
    A staggeringly beautiful, impeccably voice-acted, amazingly fluid and incredibly fun game, GTA V is not just a great Grand Theft Auto game which is a very high complement in itself but possibly the greatest video game ever made. The game-play is faultless and sets the already high bar far above its competition. For five years, we have witnessed rival franchises like Saints Row and Watchdogs expand dangerously close into GTA's territory, but GTA V completely trumps these relatively uninnovative series and shows the world how the GTA series is not just incredibly fun and an escapist's dream, but also a work of art of the 21st century. 10/10. Expand
  65. Sep 17, 2013
    Amazing game with stunning visuals, story, and gameplay. Definitely Game of the Year material. I knew this game was going to be a masterpiece from the moment I saw the first trailer.
  66. Sep 19, 2013
    Take GTA SA and remove the loveable characters controls and missions the also the areas and add 3 more boring scumbags and a extremely boring world and you got GTA V I have no idea why this game is so praised
  67. Sep 17, 2013
    An absolutely amazing game. Takes every great aspect of other Rockstar titles and combines then into one awesome package. High quality in literally every single regard. Gameplay, mission variety, atmosphere, graphics, voice acting ETC, are all top notch. DO NOT listen or even pay attention to any negative or mixed reviews/scores. Simply put, those reviews are from trolls. You cannot miss one of the best games ever made, go and buy it/borrow it/rent it, do anything to experience Rockstars finest work. Believe the hype. Expand
  68. Sep 17, 2013
    This game is one of the best games Ive ever played.. Have only played a few hours and barely touched the storyline. But Ive had a blast. The environment is stunning and gameplay is smooth fun times. If you rate this game less than an 8 you have no place rating games. 10 from me, cant wait to see what online brings to the table.
  69. Sep 17, 2013
    Best game i've played in years. It's like san andreas 2 but not completely gangster the entire time. Everything about the game is amazing and the user score should be higher
  70. Sep 17, 2013
    I play every game that comes out for xbox 360 including the (IN MY OPINION) terrible terrible GTA iv. this game is hilarious and has much better controlls then gta iv it runs like 100x smoother aswell no blurring haha. before this game came out i really didnt think it was going to beable to live up to all the hype, well, it did.
  71. Sep 23, 2013
    The gameplay is fine, the graphics are very good, but the characters and story are a huge turn off. I made it about a third of the way through the story and just stopped playing because I couldn't relate to or enjoy anything that was going on it just is not motivating to play.

The sandbox elements of the game are fine, but there's not enough there to motivate you to keep playing,
    unless you find goofing off for hours and hours entertaining. Me, I find it fun for 10 minutes.

I keep trying GTA games because so many people love them, and I keep being disappointed. I just don't get it. The story isn't any good, the characters aren't relatable at all, and without that, there's no motivation to keep playing more than a few hours. Overhyped and overrated.
  72. Sep 17, 2013
    I am a seasoned gamer and a middle aged man by now. I have seen and played many games by now.
    I don't really like playing with a controller (I prefer kb+m) or playing on a console.
    For this title I simply don't care.
    The game is so good, so rich, so full of story that controls, graphics (surprisingly beautiful for an aging PS3) just don't get in the way of full immersion.
    I challenge
    anyone to do a better game, I don't hesitate to give it a full 10, just for the sheer amount of content that's in it in day one.
    In the days of DLCs, freeemium, getting such a vast expanse of a game to play with is just pure bliss.
  73. Oct 13, 2013
    This is the most overrated game ever! It's poorly designed, with a stupid 3-heroes gameplay and primitive, but damaging role-playing system, Cars in this game are steering so badly, that it's be better if there is was no cars at all! And made race mission at the beginning of the game evil decision,

There is no atmosphere at all and a bunch of overplayed chars. This game is 100% money
    lost for some piece of unplayable crap. Expand
  74. Sep 17, 2013
    Ignore the dumbass PC haters, keep in mind the only bad ratings are because a) cowards who can't take the excessive violence and b) pc gaming master (I love pc but this is crossing the line) who are jelous and want a pc port (I do to) GTA IV is nothing compared to this.
  75. Sep 17, 2013
    Most of the bad reviews is from people who want it on pc, they give the game a bad review because they are idiots, and the couple bad reviews from gamers claim its the same as gta 4, having played 10 hours already it is no where near what gta 4 was. this game is wonderful the landscape the side quests the activities is amazing, I play every new released game that comes out and I must say this is the best game ive played in years. I love this game Expand
  76. Sep 17, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto 5 exceeds the boundaries of the outdated current gen consoles that allows for one of the most alive open worlds ever created in the history of gaming.
  77. Sep 17, 2013
    fascinating, brilliant, this is not a game, but a masterpiece. Great work on getting Rockstargames make a game of the current generation look like a 'next-gen'. Gorgeous graphics, wonderful cars, drive perfect, flawless ambiance. Undoubtedly, GOTY.
  78. Sep 18, 2013
    Wow best game ever
    Rockstar Game's best release ever It has a great narrative, tight gameplay and a fantastic soundtrack. It's everything you could want from a Rockstar game and more! Game of the year and quite possibly the game of this generation
  79. Sep 19, 2013
    This game is waaay overrated! The mechanics in this game are sloppy and pathetic! The game is not really entertaining at all. This is likely to turn into a COD game where people just play it for the multiplayer. Franklin is just annoying and a hated character. The driving is bad, and especially the flying is absolutely terrible. You are forced to install the disc 1 of a 8gb installation in order to play. (Xbox One is here! THE fuuuuuttuuuureeeee....) *Making fun of Major Nelson*

Yeah, I recommend waiting for the price to drop.
  80. Sep 17, 2013
    (both versions) GTA has plenty of issues with the pop-in textures and clipping texture quality during its cut scenes. The draw distance is of an issue on both consoles however its good that the detail in terms of shapes are still in tact. This definitely shows the limitations of the current gen consoles and is by far the reason we need the next to come out.

It is these reasons why this
    game does not deserve a perfect 10 much like the last of us, there are problems in the game which should never be overlooked when reviewing a game regardless if you love the game or not Expand
  81. Sep 17, 2013
    I love this game so much, i waited so long for this game but it was worth all the waiting because its very good, near perfect!
    The first thing i gonna do is play this game when i come home from work, i only played a couple of minutes yesterday but i have a good impression of the game, the game is beautiful, fun, exciting and interesting!! Damn im gonna play this for a long time!
  82. Sep 17, 2013
    Rockstar never fails to amaze it's fans. The game is massive with a beautiful world to discover, pushing current gen consoles to their limit. The story is action packed and not to mention you get to play as 3 characters. Great game!
  83. Sep 17, 2013
    Incredible game in a lot of ways. I have never seen a so deep game Wonderful job from one of the very best game producer of History.... Thanks Rockstar
  84. Sep 17, 2013
    First review and first time being on the site. It is really amazing how many immature babies are on here "reviewing" the game. No wonder PC players get a bad wrap when you have a small amount of ppl who act like complete kindergartners. I always hear how they are happy to be playing on PC because they don't have to deal with lil kids playing COD and screaming on the mics but wow you guys seem to act like the same lil kids. Giving the game a 0 because its not on PC yet lmao, how sad.

Game deserves all the praise it gets. Easily the best GTA game Rockstar has made, they have improved in every way from GTA 4. The gunplay, the melee combat, the driving, THE WORLD. From jump you automatically see how much more beautiful and different Los Santos is from Liberty City. Still have so much more to play,.

I'm giving it a 10/10 and we still have GTA Online in a few weeks. Could easily go up to 11.
  85. Sep 17, 2013
    Absolutely amazing game in every way. The fact that the game runs so smoothly on decade-old consoles is insane. Amazing graphics, great gameplay, improved driving, tons more to do compared to GTA IV.

Everything is simply better.
  86. Sep 17, 2013
    It's simply incredible. Just play it and don't worry about any of the cry babies going on and on about how nasty it is. The chances are they haven't even played it.

This is the landmark game of the generation.
  87. Sep 17, 2013
    Normally i dont write reviews, but this game was so good and spectacular that i find the need to do so.
    I always was a gta fan and this is really the best gta ever, maybe even the best of this generation or hell maybe the best ever. I have purchased the special edition because the normal edition was selled out, you hear me selled out!! That says something, thats a statement!!
  88. Sep 18, 2013
    I have to say this game is amazing so far. Im about 8 missions into the game and the dialogue has had me laughing at every conversation. The map is outstanding as well. With so much to explore im definitely not going to be doing homework for a while. I would like to address the complaints about the fps rate and the textures
    People we are playing on 7 year old hardware. Amazingly enough
    the game isnt freezing on me with the outstanding graphics.
    Another thing is people complaining about it not being corely for the pc. Theres obviously a reason and its MONEY! Its basically a no brainer to core it for xbox and playstation. I dont blame them. I have a monster pc and i would personally rather play this on the xbox then pc. (my opinion)

Overall this game is outstanding and i cant wait for the sleepless nights and skipped classes.
  89. Sep 19, 2013
    I would like to make a few things clear about this game, If you see anyone on here that says "THE GRAPHICS ARE TERRIBLE" or "THE LOAD TIMES OMG" are just lying or have a ps3. Im not bashing the ps3 but there has been a confirmed texture glitch on ps3.

Ive only had to load a few times the whole time ive played the game once when I installed the game and once when you load your saves,
    there is NO LOAD TIMES BETWEEN, BEFORE OR AFTER CUTSCENES and who ever says that is lying about it. There are load times between character switching but the switching was faster than loading a mutiplayer map on an FPS.

The city is bigger than liberty city it feels even bigger than the Orignal Los santos we say in gta san. If someone is telling you that the city is "small" and "not as big as the other cities" is lying to you. I know this because the first time I saw the map I thought the city looked small myself when I got there I clearly saw I was wrong. Ive been playing for 10 hours now and I still havent seen all the city or even touched the wilderness areas.
    There isnt much to say about the graphics, there are a lot more effects and sun flares, the game looks better, the cars look better, everything just looks better.

There are some bad things though...I did have a major frame rate drop while I was playing, It happened once but It was HORRIABLE, I dropped down to what felt like less than 10 frames for no reason what so ever. also if you look at the shadows too closely you can clearly see choppy and distorted shadows.

Gameplay; The game play in this game feels....ok I guess, it isnt max payne which a lot of us were hoping for but it does get the job done, driving feels great.....shooting on the other hand just doesnt feel like it has the beefy impacts as gtaiv or max payne or even red dead have, but this doesnt effect scores since that is just a cosmetic effect. Another problem I have about the game play is the specials each character gets; Micheal can slow down time while shooting max payne style, frank can slow down time while driving which also allows him to handle better and trevor can deal more damage while taking less., but the thing is Micheals just doesnt work or feel good it slows down time but it also slows you so much it doesnt even matter. Trevors is just hard to notice. But frank on the other hand feels good yet overpowered because of one thing, Frank can slow down time while in a car which means if hes doing drive bys he gets THE SAME EFFECT AS MICHEAL JUST IN A CAR! so basically frank gets two benefits while the others only get one.

This game is not for everyone, If you dont like open worlds which have dense cities and open country sides you will not like this game, this game is a lot of driving and a lot of story which your average fps fan would not care for. Me personally I love the game, I love its openness I love the look and its just nice to see a new gta game, It also *SLIGHT SPOILER* has some pretty wacky moments that compare with saints row. but the thing is you have to know where to go to see these and you have to be willing to explore and find stuff your self and not be afraid of what might happen.

A break down and final word: Graphics are nothing to worry about, Top notch graphics and only one major frame drop so far, which is great compared to other games this gen.
    Gameplay is fun but no real learning curve.
    Im giving it a 10/10 just because the things I mentioned are not game breaking what so ever,...

Oh and one last thing, people complaining about draw distance and the roads need to remember that the city is based off of LA, A city which does have 6 lane super highways and smog so dense you cant see the horizen. and heres a little tip.... The game DOESNT have poor draw distance, its literally the smog just like in real LA. this smog doesnt show up at night or in the country side, so anyone who is saying the game has draw distance clearly has never been to LA or seen real pictures besides the ones we see on TV of a clear clean LA. LA IS SMOGGY and the game shows it like that.
  90. Sep 17, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Everyone says GTA V is amazing, it's not. GTA V is exactly what I wanted GTA IV to be bigger, Funner and moar awesome, While I think to myself "This game has practically everything i wanted, so this should be the best GTA but why is it not It's because Rockstar had made some decisions for the game that are just baffling. GTA V has amazing Graphics, Great story (But had some parts that should have been improved), Great open world, Awesome that they finally added "Busted, Wasted, Mission Passed", And the Character Trevor, Trevor is basically like Joe Pesci from Casino, you know the one where he stabs the guy with a pen, Trevor is almost just like that, But my favourite thing in game is MR TANK IS BACK, yeah GTA IV didn't have a tank neither did TLAD however TBOGT did but the tank was disapointing But GTA V finally listened to me and gave nearly everything in GTA V that I wanted, NEARLY that's there is a reason I didn't give GTA V a 10/10, so now let's move on to the game's weak spots.

1. Franklin
    I hate this character the first mission that I played with him, that's where i started to hate him, he's bossy, he's boring, he's bland and uninteresting and he could the worst character since Roman Belic, I didn't give a about him or his gang. The fact that he's a main character is just, it's not smart.

2. What game is this ?
    When I played the first 4 hrs of this i didn't know what i was playing, It's because GTA V feels like 4 GAMES smashed into one. For example the new activities such as hunting, I mean i've seen that in Assassin's Creed 3, Far Cry 3 and Tomb Raider, and all those games did it better than V, the shooting resembles Max Payne 3 is GTA trying to compete against Max Payne WTF. Then there is an attempt to out do Max Payne even moar by having slowdown time in V, Slowmotion in GTA is strange could have been good if it was done right but I don't know. Then GTA V starts to rip off Midnight Club by having the same style.

3. Nothing New
    There is lack of novelty in V and what do i MEAN by that well, GTA 3 When it came out it was so new because of the 3D open world and it was so revolutionary Then Vice City comes out and the new things was that the main character could actually speak and you could relate to him. San Andreas Comes out and bunch of newer things were in it like the gameplay was improved and moar customization was in it. GTA IV had NOTHING new to bring to the table and that's why it sucks. Now GTA V comes out there is nothing new ok maybe the graphics and that you have dogs in it And then someone might say, oh but it has multiplayer, yeah that's not new that was already in previous GTA'S, and some other might say: You can play as three different characters. Yeah Well guess what in GTA 1 you had a choice of like 5 different characters to play as, not new. So I don't see why this game has a higher score than GTA 3, GTA VC and GTA SA.

So I'll finish this review by saying that overall GTA V has great/ Very good things in it but come on did you really think this would be a better game than 3, VC or SA, nope definetely not.

+ Graphics
    + Fun Multiplayer
    + Tank is back
    - Franklin

GTA V deserves an 8/10.
  91. Sep 17, 2013
    I salute Rockstar for making me wait for a game, then actually have me still love playing it. GTAV does a great job in many aspects, I can find almost no flaws with it. I would like a PC version, but I'm still more than satisfied with what GTAV has to offer.
  92. Sep 17, 2013
    this game is not only perfect its a revolotion in open world game because los santos is massive and on its Every pixel have a surprise for you thank you rockstar
  93. Sep 17, 2013
    I have just played a few hours of it but already I know it is a classic. The world is amazing. People should also stop putting 0 scores up. That is just sad.
  94. Sep 17, 2013
    Not sure why this has a low userscore, must be SR or old GTA trolls but this game is THE best open world game out there. Its like SA on massive roids, so much more than a hd remake. 10/10 One small note is that gta online isnt out yet so its a shame we have to wait 2 weeks for that but its going to be awesome i am sure. PS3 version is flawless not one bug and runs 30fps+ 720p native which is VERY good for a gta game on any platform Expand
  95. Sep 17, 2013
    I had to make an account just for this game and its underrated user score. This game is a perfect 10, one of the best games I've played in my life and infinitely better than Gta IV that i never could smother up the interest too finish. Game world is full of small details that bring the world to life, the characters are lively, believable and very well built. Trevor is one of the most memorable characters in the history of gaming, Humor does not fall flat. Game play elements are excellent and no mission has bored me. But the DETAILS. That's what is key. I watched a whole episode of Fame or Shame in-game. Thats how deep GTA V sucked me in Expand
  96. Sep 18, 2013
    Best game i ever played in my entire life! story is really amazing gameplay is straight out amazing there's not is enough words that can describe on how amazing this game really is. i give it a 10/10 Best Game Of The Decade
  97. Oct 6, 2013
    The single player is very fun, but it is incomplete. The game encourages you to develop heist characters for a total of 2 more heists. There are no further heists you can organise on your own after you finish the game, in fact aside from buying property there is very little to do once you complete the game. As you don't make much money until the last 15% of the game you are left with a game that forces you to complete the story as fast as possible so you can have some money to modify cars and such. The game sadly feels incomplete.

The most telling sign of incompleteness is GTA Online. This is perhaps the worst ever online release I have ever seen. It should really have been ready with the game but this isn't the issue. Having waited for online to be released it took me 3 days to get online. Once I was finally online there were issues loading missions and with matchmaking. You lose a lot of money when you die to encourage you to use your real money to buy in game money which just ruins the gameplay. This micro-transaction mechanism works with free to play games but when I have already spend £45 on the game I don't expect to be encouraged to spend more.

The most irritating the about GTA Online is that my character, after hours of gameplay, has completely disappeared. In a response Rockstar comment on some of the minor bugs such as missing cars or guns instead of the really big issue of missing characters. Poor release and poor support since. I am sickened by the shambles Rockstar's release of GTAO is.
  98. Oct 11, 2013
    In all honesty, I tried to play this game, and I tried... I tried so hard... and what ended up happening was that I was greeted with multiple segments of "avoid damage and drive safely" which to me is just a big step down. It was Driving Simulator 2014 I swear to god. A game is meant to catch the attention within the first hour. I know that the game can get fun, but all the things that you have to do to lead up to that fun is just not worth it. I'll admit I loved the past few games, but they were fun, it threw you into the action, this is just driving along a road avoiding other cars. Expand
  99. Oct 16, 2013
    Most depressing game I've ever played. I had high hopes for the game after all the hype. The magazines etc must be kidding us! They have obviously just gone along with public opinion with their biased 'best game ever', and 'groundbreaking' reviews. I've seen better graphics, better gameplay, storylines etc elsewhere. This GTA thing has been done to death now...Drive around, shoot someone, steal some money, goto a clothes shop, buy a burger, swim around, use the cheats....Nee naw nee naw, some (as the game puts it) swearing non stop YAAAAWWWWNNNNN....They just promote it to make money ...One big cash in. The game is rubbish!
    Ok so the latest GTA game, number 5... First off, EVERYTHING you do in this game takes AGES. This is very clearly a game for people with no life whatsoever. Installing the game takes ages, you will spend hours trying to be able to save the game because it throws you into one boring mission after another (which entails driving around a massive landscape that all looks the same in a boring car (which all steer the same)). You complete the mission which goes on and on with endless chit chat and a (as the game puts it), saying 'pus£y as£ motha£u£in homeboy hoe' and 'move chor bi$ch as% fatherfu&ker homey' and 'whut id it wit choo (and such things non-stop throughout the game). It will do your head in that much you would rather the main characters got killed instead. Just a bunch of idiot main characters with nothing about them to like. You will murder, steal etc and all the time not give a toss about the person you are playing as...Just pointless. The game is racist, sexist, full of filth, corruption and murder. It's seedy and depressing. It's not a true representation of real life at all. When have you ever heard a rea; 'coloured' guy talk like these idiots they dig out for games and movies? It's like having Samuel Sackson in die hard 3 and an angry coked-up Eggie Murphy shouting in your ear for hours on end... And again it's been done and been done better before. We had all this nonsense in San Andreas with 'CJ'. 'Hey dat man chillin in ma crib homey' stupid talking rubbish. Again; It's impossible to relate to the characters because they are rapists, idiots, thieves and murderers (and worse)...Just scum. The radio drives you off your head and how anyone with an actual real life can play this game I will never know....I mean it's so unnecessarly detailed you can even choose the ringtone on your fake phone in the game or take photos with the phones camera, check texts, messages online etc. It's just too much for a game. Fake girlfriends, fake friends etc etc. Wtf? Get a life folks! The strip club is a joke. I mean if they are going to have all that stuff why not just go the full hog and put in detailed sex etc instead of beating around the bush with a bit of tittie here and there? The game is just a cop out. It can't even do the violence and sex thing right without shi&&ing out. As I said, EVERYTHING takes ages in this game. I went to play it online thinking "I've got an hour to kill (before i went out to live in the real world"...But It went on and on and on with some coloured guy showing me around (another idiot) saying this, that, sh^& hoe bit&hin motha&^ka that for hours again, only to drop me somewhere in the world with more criminal activity to do as I controlled another lowlife (myself this time which i created with the character creation which is also totally rubbish (you pick your granny and grandad and their granny and grandad to get your looks). I played the game for a few hours (which was pretty good going) and after all the drugs, violence and utter boredom I was begging someone to take me into the shops to trade the (sh%t) game in...I couldn't wait! The main characters are cowards too which makes it even more unbearable and when angry go into little girlie hissy fits etc...They reminded me of wanabees on x factor getting told they can't sing and then they go all spotty and teenage and display their little temper tantrums....Just pathetic. I usually buy these games to drive around the virtual world with my steering wheel. On this game the wheel doesnt work (it works with every other car game). Nothing of use actually works in this game. Even the cheats are rubbish. No lock wanted level, nothing. Your forced to just play the dull, sick storyline. Who wants to play a game hearing throughout non-stop some bit$% as£ hoe, complain about their sad life all the way through a game? There are 3 characters in this game...3 whingers that do nothing but complain about their rubbish pathetic lives and see violence and behaving as an idiot as the only way out. They all have mental issues and see phychologists, take drugs, drink etc. Hardly a cheery game and not something I would pollute my mind with. I took this back to the shop the next day, sorry I ever bought it. Everything about this game bored me stupid
  100. Sep 17, 2013
    This is one of the best GTA games in the series. The user score is brought down by a bunch of PC loving cry babies. The graphics are great and the game play is smooth. It is also consistent. One thing I noticed was that the characters talked and moved the same in game play and cut scenes. This game is almost like playing out a movie. It is hard not to be so engaged in the game as a whole. Overall, look at what negative user reviews are saying and you will see that they do not have legitimate arguments for their ratings. Expand
  101. Sep 17, 2013
    What an absolutely incredible game.

shed a tear. This isn't just a video game, it's artwork.

1. Dec 12, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto V offers one of the best sandbox experiences ever, filled to the brink with stuff to do. The vistas are magnificent and amazing stuff just seems to happen wherever you go. But at the same time the story is tired and the characters unoriginal. Your appreciation of Grand Theft Auto V will depend of what you want out of the series. The freedom and joy of discovery is hard to beat but the rest still has some ways left to go.
  2. Nov 6, 2013
    GTA V continues the game series' tradition of raising the bar for open world action games.
  3. Nov 5, 2013
    Tons of gameplay hours, plenty of missions and activities with an awesome collection of vehicles of various modes of transportation and a large array of firearms put the grandeur once again into Grand Theft Auto.