8.1

1. Nov 14, 2013
    Amazing... simply amazing. The best of the GTA series by far; the story literally had me laughing out loud and feeling sympathetic when things got rough. Another top-notch game from rockstar, probably one of the best games to date.
  2. Nov 16, 2013
    The best game I've ever played, without a doubt. Why? Because the story is just fantastic, the world/scenery is just breath-taking, and my favourite part of the game is just being able to do whatever you want to do!
  3. Nov 18, 2013
    One of the best games ever. The map is huge (it is, takes 20 minutes in the fastest car to drive around the map at top speed), the story is great, although the ending feels rushed. There is so much do to, you just can't name it all. This game bring all the good things from all the previous 3D GTA's together. The tuning from GTA: SA to the living atmosphere from GTA IV.
    Online is good,
    Online is good, apart from the launch, but that's expected as 15 million tried to go online at once.
    If you haven't bought this game yet, you should. Worth every single dollar/euro/pound or whatever your currency is you spent on this game.
  4. Nov 19, 2013
    Probably the definite game of the year! The gameplay is smooth, the world is beautiful, and the overall game is immersive. Would definitely buy again. The online is good, but it seems that they punish you too much for destroying people or property.
  5. Nov 20, 2013
    I can not to find words to define GTA V, only think that it deserve the max score.guess that the technology used in game is from another world. I hope to see GTA V PC to compare with my console.
  6. Nov 21, 2013
    This game is absolutely FANTASTIC!!! The story is great, the characters are great and most of all the controls are great! The only negative thing i can say about this game is how easily the police try and get you.
  7. Nov 21, 2013
    Pros:

-Sports the most detailed game world ever created every building is handcrafted -Beautiful lighting that makes the world look very realistic -Superb physics -Satisfying vehicle handling with dynamic damage modeling -Extremely diverse and interesting missions -Vast array of side activities and random events bring the world alive with things to do -Top notch voice acting and
    Pros:

-Sports the most detailed game world ever created every building is handcrafted
    -Beautiful lighting that makes the world look very realistic
    -Superb physics
    -Satisfying vehicle handling with dynamic damage modeling
    -Extremely diverse and interesting missions
    -Top notch voice acting and dialogue
    -Incredible amount of content and replay value
    -Sky high protection values for even the tiniest features
    -Online multiplayer with diverse missions

Cons

-Sometimes clunky on-foot control
    -Somewhat disappointing soundtrack for my taste
    -Too few heists and planning options for said heists
    -Not enough rewards or incentives for completing side activities such as collectibles

Graphics: 10
    Gameplay: 10
    Sound: 10
    Controls: 9
    Presentation: 10
    Replay Value: 10

Final Score: 10
  8. Nov 23, 2013
    Never have I ever enjoyed a game so much in my entire life. Both the single player and the online (despite some early problems) are both simply unparalleled compared with anything else I've ever played. Took all the best features from GTA IV, got rid of the things that made that 'bad' (yet still being an amazing game) and combined it with everything that was so loved from San andreasNever have I ever enjoyed a game so much in my entire life. Both the single player and the online (despite some early problems) are both simply unparalleled compared with anything else I've ever played. Took all the best features from GTA IV, got rid of the things that made that 'bad' (yet still being an amazing game) and combined it with everything that was so loved from San andreas added in tons of more features.

Simply one of the greatest if not greatest game of all time. For me personally, I have never played a better game period.
  9. Nov 24, 2013
    Personally as a big GTA gamer, I find this perfect. With the many different landscapes it is a great adventure... the wide variety of cars & guns make this even more spectacular! This game is such a big step from it's previous chapter (Grand Theft Auto IV) I enjoy this more than any game i've ever played. Well deserved 10/10 from me! And quite obviously the negative votes are from PCPersonally as a big GTA gamer, I find this perfect. With the many different landscapes it is a great adventure... the wide variety of cars & guns make this even more spectacular! This game is such a big step from it's previous chapter (Grand Theft Auto IV) I enjoy this more than any game i've ever played. Well deserved 10/10 from me! And quite obviously the negative votes are from PC gamers and the new emerging next gen gamers. Expand
  10. Nov 25, 2013
    The game is perfect, graphics that approach the next-gen,comfortable gameplay the only bad thing was the history, well basically it's quite a bad history compared to the Grand Theft Auto IV well but still not a bad history for me,it's quite nice to recruit people for do scores and the full GTA personalization that we have been waiting so long. Well it's a must-have Xbox 360/PS3 game.
    Ahh
    Ahh and the online have a lot of errors and it is quite buggy too.( But it still a funny mode
  11. Nov 28, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The game was very good in my eyes, honestly i experienced very few glitches and had a good time with the story, i thought the game-play was very smooth and easy and the most important fun. The story was good enough and was not too short, i was a little sad when Trevor stomped in Jhonnys head, but that just adds more feelings for the most important aspect of the game CHARACTERS. All in all i thought it was good. Expand
  12. Nov 29, 2013
    A ten. Easy ten. Rockstar tries its hardest, and does well. Although the singleplayer is very boring, Online is what makes it great. Fun games and missions that puts you on edge, Survival is fun, and they fixed all the game breaking glitches. GOOD.
  13. Nov 30, 2013
    GTA V is simply the best video game ever created and it lives up to the M rating, very funny, immense, immersive, imaginative, and really, really fun to play. The user interface is usable, the physics are good, the music is curated, the variety of cars is amusing and interesting, the story strands are awesome, the attention to detail is outstanding, there is so much quality dialogue, ifGTA V is simply the best video game ever created and it lives up to the M rating, very funny, immense, immersive, imaginative, and really, really fun to play. The user interface is usable, the physics are good, the music is curated, the variety of cars is amusing and interesting, the story strands are awesome, the attention to detail is outstanding, there is so much quality dialogue, if you take the time to listen, the ambient dialogue is hilarious (the storyline dialogue is creative, funny, and very much in character for each character)...The thing that I didn't expect is there are some really fun activities to do in Los Santos...So far I have played tennis, done yoga on top of a mountain, ridden a mountain bike up "Old Man's Crack" on Mount Chilead and I have done extensive mountain biking downhill to see where the best lines are on all the big mountains (have you done the face of mount chillead under the tram, and lived?). I have also ridden dirt bikes and ATC's all over...Breaking into the military base to try and commandeer a tank never seems to get old...Here are some hopes (product managers at rockstar, take note on my enhancement requests) I would love to be able to surf in game. Not sure if there are organized mountain bike races for multiplayer, but there is some serious fun to be had if you guys set up a few bike courses and a terrain park (like Northstar or Mount Whistler) with ladder runs would be epic. Infinitely playable...bravo! I am still playing Red Dead, love the ambiance. Thank you Rockstar for setting the bar (high) in video game experiences. Expand
  14. Dec 1, 2013
    This game is great as it is in offline mode or online. The online has some default (eg, you can not choose these missions is random), but it is part of the best onlines that I could play. The gameplay is great; Graphically not bad, but the world is enormous. I waiting on ps4.
  15. Dec 5, 2013
    GTA 5 Review

Rokstar games, budget 1,7 miljarder dollar= massa massa kronor ingen annan film eller spel utom Pirates Of The Carribbean har haft en större budget D. Awsome om du frågar mig. Det finns tre olika slut på spelet, A, B och C. och online kan man vara över 120 levels ha massa awesome lägenheter och allt som är awesome. och nu i online för det har tagit lång tid att fixa
    GTA 5 Review

Rokstar games, budget 1,7 miljarder dollar= massa massa kronor
    Det finns tre olika slut på spelet, A, B och C.

och nu i online för det har tagit lång tid att fixa har alla fått 500,000 dollar :D

plus att två as grymma låtar är gjorda till spelet

den första är

SleepWalking. by the chain gang of 1974 och den andra är Favored nations. The setup.

nu har The beach bum pack kommigt och den är gratis. den inehåller nya bilar och buggys och båtar och vapen det är awesome :D

gta 5… is… AWESOOOOOOOME

Score 10/10
  16. Dec 6, 2013
    An absolute masterpiece, i have no words for this game. Should i include immersion? Deep characters and storyline? All new game play feel? Innovations? You NEED to get this game, don't waste this precious game by not playing it. A true masterpiece in gaming, which is actually underrated.
  17. Dec 9, 2013
    Very good and must play game with good improvement in graphics just awesome
    Missions are very good with impressive story mode in my view it's better than gta IV.
  18. Dec 10, 2013
    This game is amazing. From the breathtaking graphics and stunning visuals to the ridiculously huge map size and new mechanics, this is a triumph. Realistic AI for pedestrians, the campaign missions are as fun as they are exciting and GTA Online, although had a rough start, is addicting, fun and offers hours of online entertainment terrorizing San Andreas with friends.
  19. Dec 11, 2013
    Truly a MASTER PIECE in Video Game history. Nothing could come close to this. I even named my child Frankmicatrevor because this game gives me amazing boners.
  20. Dec 13, 2013
    A truly beautiful game. Full of incredible detail and graphics you would expect on Next Gen. The Story finally is on a par with the massive 50 square mile sandbox that is Los Santos and Blaine County. Grand Theft Auto 5 is the perfect goodbye to a beautiful generation.
  21. Dec 13, 2013
    The only reason this is ranked lower than GTA4 is all the PC fanboys coming out to shout and rant. I mean one of the best GTAs ever made is currently ranked below one of the worst just because some people can't accept that their precious PC's have been left out.
  22. Dec 13, 2013
    This deserves a better user score. Many people don't think GTA Online is good. It might not be perfect, but it's great fun. The single player is absolutely fantastic. The three characters are perfectly done, the story is great and the world is just fantastic. If you haven't brought this, WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU!!!
  23. Dec 13, 2013
    This game is nothing short of amazing! I have never been so pleased with a game before. This game is fun, original, and adds an entire new level to the open platform of gaming. The guys at volition making saints row should have sat quietly and taken notes. This game has delivered over 36 hours of partial story line and extras I have played so far and i'm sure ill put about 100 more hoursThis game is nothing short of amazing! I have never been so pleased with a game before. This game is fun, original, and adds an entire new level to the open platform of gaming. The guys at volition making saints row should have sat quietly and taken notes. This game has delivered over 36 hours of partial story line and extras I have played so far and i'm sure ill put about 100 more hours before it turns 1 year old. This game brings it all to the table, and for lovers of a previous GTA title, this game has proved to be better and keeps on improving. They put the time into this one, and put the money into making it something enjoyable. In terms of entertainment you will not be disappointing or bored. If i could i would have rated this above a 10. Expand
  24. Apr 4, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V, along with Grand Theft Auto Online, is a great package. The single player is engrossing and epic. The multiplayer will keep you busy for hours. The attention to detail is unbelievable. All must play this game.
  25. Dec 17, 2013
    This game is so much fun. The characters are fantastic, the world will blow your mind and the Online may not be as good as the single-player, but is still really fun. BUY IT, NOW.
  26. Dec 22, 2013
    There are a lot of fake votes with really bad scores for this game. Truth be told, this game is a crowning achievement in the medium. Few games feature as much detail, as much varied gameplay, and as much polish as does GTA V. The missions finally feel fresh and new. Gone are pointless and repetitive missions that plagued the previous games. Gone is the terrible checkpoint system (orThere are a lot of fake votes with really bad scores for this game. Truth be told, this game is a crowning achievement in the medium. Few games feature as much detail, as much varied gameplay, and as much polish as does GTA V. The missions finally feel fresh and new. Gone are pointless and repetitive missions that plagued the previous games. Gone is the terrible checkpoint system (or lack thereof). What you get with your purchase is around 25 hours of single player story and many more with the online mutliplayer. This game is a masterpiece. Is it perfect? Of course not. No game is. However, anyone that tells you that this game is bad, is either kidding themselves, or has an agenda. Expand
  27. Dec 26, 2013
    Gta 5 is hand down one of the best games ever made! Grand Theft Auto V will not fail to disappoint you
    The city of Los Santos is beautiful no question about it.
    Everything from 2008's Grand Theft Auto IV has been improved for Grand Theft Auto V in Gta 5 rockstar has done one of the greatest, thing in gaming history not just add 1 character but adding 3! Michael Franklin and Trevor all 3
    The city of Los Santos is beautiful no question about it.
    Michael Franklin and Trevor all 3 have their own personalities Michael is a professional bank robber who retired in Los Santos want to know why? Go buy the game to see. Franklin a guy who is trying, to separate from the hood.
    And then Trevor a crazy,Hilarious psycho all you need to know without getting into spoilers.
    each character has a special ability.
    Michael has slow motion shooting
    Franklin has Slow motion driving
    and Trevor has rampage
    the last time i gave perfect score to a game was 5 years ago with Grand Theft Auto IV
  28. Dec 28, 2013
    Legit I'm lost for words this I probably one of the best games you will ever play the graphics sometimes are stunningly beautiful, the A.I is good the gameplay is amazing tons of fun and I'm telling you this game in the future is going to be legendary, even though the the online mode is a bit clunky but if you haven't got this game then THEN WHAT ARE YOU DOING GET OUT OF YOUR HOUSE AND BUYLegit I'm lost for words this I probably one of the best games you will ever play the graphics sometimes are stunningly beautiful, the A.I is good the gameplay is amazing tons of fun and I'm telling you this game in the future is going to be legendary, even though the the online mode is a bit clunky but if you haven't got this game then THEN WHAT ARE YOU DOING GET OUT OF YOUR HOUSE AND BUY IT NOW!!! Expand
  29. Dec 30, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto 5 is one of the best games ever made from the Amazing story to the wide array of things to do that will keep you busy for hours. This game is worth every cent and dollar and will not disappoint at alln
  30. Jan 1, 2014
    GTA V is a game where you can do whatever you want and that makes this game so enjoyable.
    Not only the big world and the big action scenes are outstanding. Also the characters of GTA V are outstanding. Franklin is a person that usually does repo jobs and he lives in the ghetto's. Franklin is the most comparable with CJ from GTA: San Andreas. Michael is more a business guy, who acts like a the maffia. He's the leader of the crew. Michael is most comparable with Toni Cipriani from GTA: Liberty city stories. Trevor however is a new type of character and in most people's views the best character of GTA V. Trevor is a psychopath. His mind isn't stable and he rages about the smallest things. The best point about the characters is that they fit each other and Rockstar wasn't afraid to take some risk by asking some moral questions about trust and loyalty though-out the game. Trevor and Michael aren't pretty often on the same page what results in a big argument and that gives us some hilarity. Franklin always tries to bring the peace back, but that doesn't always happen. However the story is great and there is plenty of things to do in GTA V as well as in GTA online.
  31. Jan 6, 2014
    This game is one of the most coolest and best games I ever played it contains the same fun and extra fun from vice city. It has limitless fun and epic action and stunt scenes and the character development is highly appreciable. It has so much of fun, action and epic adventure. Defiantly worth of buying it.
  32. Jan 22, 2014
    (Entry 2)
    (Entry 2)
    Grand Theft Auto 5 is the second best game of 2013 in my list of favorites do to the massive open world full of mystery and wonder to find as you play as three law braking criminals that come together and pull of bank robbery's and other criminal actions such as grand theft,murder,store robbery's and much more and if this doesn't make you love the game there are other things you can do like play tennis go to strip clubs and get drunk off your ass just in one game to when was the last game you've seen that will let you brake in to a military base hijack a jet and then kill every one in the city and parachute in front of you house and then sit down and watch tv tell me come on tell me that's right you can't because you never played a game like this so go now and buy it.
  33. Jun 28, 2014
    Having been a long time Gta fan, I thought to myself, could Gta V really beat San Andreas. Yes and well no, Gta V is a masterpiece no doubt, with its immaculate graphics and innovative character storytelling however the unexplainable feeling of accomplishment that was felt in San Andreas was somewhat missing in-existent, It almost made me ponder if such a story as Gta Sa could be beat...Having been a long time Gta fan, I thought to myself, could Gta V really beat San Andreas. Yes and well no, Gta V is a masterpiece no doubt, with its immaculate graphics and innovative character storytelling however the unexplainable feeling of accomplishment that was felt in San Andreas was somewhat missing in-existent, It almost made me ponder if such a story as Gta Sa could be beat... Then I went on line. Boom everything that I could imagine came to life. The world and everyone in it, is your sandbox. With non stop dlcs, you can finally show off all that training to others or share in the beautiful world that is San Andreas Expand
  34. Apr 5, 2014
    Great story. Great gameplay. Great game. The individual stories of the three main characters include satires of popular shows like Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy and more. Gameplay and mechanics are pretty polished. Graphics are great, especially since it runs on 8 year old hardware. Do not hesitate to buy.
  35. Apr 13, 2014
    One main problem of GTA IV was how grey it was. So what does Rockstar North do? Bakes a nice pie, and SLAMS it into the face of LIberty City. HD graphics, seamless online play, drivable vechicles, and a great story. Once you've beaten the game, CHEAT. It's worth it, trust me. If that gets, boring, play online. I love this game, you should too. If you don't...
    GO **** YOURSELF.
  36. Jun 1, 2014
    A really great game. This story was fantastic and difficult to keep you playing for a long time. The characters are what made the game. Trevor is just so crazy he was so entertaining to watch and use as a playable character. The only criticism are the load times are long and the online isn't amazing, still a fantastic game. It was worth the wait.
  37. Apr 18, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This may be the best grand theft auto game there is it is an fantastic game but there are some flaws within its greatness. For instances the last choice is good but an bit stupid if you are attached to all three characters. Unless you dislike an main protagonist you would chose the one you disliked. Over all it is a good game I would tell you to buy it. Expand
  38. Apr 29, 2014
    I hope we continue the trend of better gameplay, bigger more interesting sandbox map, and an online universe in future GTA games.

There's so much to do in one game. You can parachute off buildings, out of planes, and off of cliffs, Hijack supersonic jets, drive across a massive sandbox map in a stolen Buggatti. Basically everything you would expect and way more. Let me elaborate on

Let me elaborate on the map size. You can drive through a decent sized city, wind through a neighborhood of mansions and look down on the city from the Hollywood sign (or Vinewood in the GTA- verse) and you haven't even scratched the surface. Overall, a game well worth its price because you'll be playing it for hours on end, GTA has always been fun as a series but has always had issues in graphics, or physics but it has thrown those issues aside and became a good series to a great series.
  39. May 16, 2014
    Very well put together game with great story line, fun missions, there was obviously a lot of effort and money put into this game and it paid off. Very enjoyable game you can get a lot out of it with the online and side missions, or blowing **** up for fun haha. Great game highly recommended.
  40. May 20, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V is definitely a rather different GTA installment from its past entries; this being a good thing but with its weak points as well. Grand Theft Auto V is definitely a big step away from the dark serious story line from the previous GTA, having points in the story that supply you with some humor and lightening moods. Instead of having a dark story about a war veteran who isGrand Theft Auto V is definitely a rather different GTA installment from its past entries; this being a good thing but with its weak points as well. Grand Theft Auto V is definitely a big step away from the dark serious story line from the previous GTA, having points in the story that supply you with some humor and lightening moods. Instead of having a dark story about a war veteran who is seeking someone who betrayed him and his own men, you have 3 new characters with there own story that intertwine with each other. The gameplay is also a huge difference than the other GTA games. Being more fluid and smooth, and beautiful graphics. Imagine: driving a red convertible up a high mountain that over looks a small sea and desert as the sun sets while bleeding red rays of light across the sky…..and suddenly you get distracted by the beauty and you run off the road and go crashing down the mountain which results in your car exploding and the screen displays the text, "Wasted". This is the Grand Theft Auto V experience. You can access your weapons a lot quicker and much more accurate. Your cell phone has a bigger use and the in game internet is like a real online community. Driving is a lot more like a driving game rather than driving boats through the streets. GTA IV was famous for its boat like driving in case you didn't get my statement. But most vehicles in the game have the same handling but different speeds. You can customize your cars to a great depth in detail. But it would be a lot more adventurous to be able to design your own custom details and apply them to your car, like the Forza series. Another thing is the car smashing and CARnage in the game can get somewhat not so exciting when you just want to smash your car to bits. It would've been outstanding to have soft car physics. Maybe we will see a GTA title in the future on next gen that features this. Running and combat in the game is also a great improvement. Instead of awkward melee combat you have a pretty well done fist fight sequence that can take place anytime and anywhere. All in all, Grand Theft Auto V is an outstanding game, probably one of the best games of the generation. I highly recommend this to anyone who enjoys open world games and a very fun time. Expand
  41. May 25, 2014
    The story alone will keep you playing for a good 20 hours, adding all the bonus stuff and secrets and you're looking at an extra 15 hours, that's 35 hours just for the single player, add the online mode and you may have a game that'll never die. Aside from the great re-playability of this game, the story, characters, and just about everything else in this game is fantastic, the game looksThe story alone will keep you playing for a good 20 hours, adding all the bonus stuff and secrets and you're looking at an extra 15 hours, that's 35 hours just for the single player, add the online mode and you may have a game that'll never die. Aside from the great re-playability of this game, the story, characters, and just about everything else in this game is fantastic, the game looks amazing, the physics engine is phenomenal, the story was extremely well, and I just had an overall blast with this game, 2nd place for GOTY IMO (right after the Zelda game), give it a PC release and I'll give it a 10. Expand
  42. Jun 12, 2014
    My Pros and Cons list about how I feel about Rockstar's most ambitious Grand Theft Auto V
    PROS:
    - The narrative that Rockstar created is very ambitious and they explained the true meaning of gluttony and vengeance. - These TV Shows and topnotch Hollywood movie hits like Breaking Bad and No Country for Old Men appears as Easter Eggs in GTA V which is awesome..! - The environment in this
    PROS:
    - The environment in this game totally defines the paradise of Southern California
    - Those graphics looked next gen!
    - The characters in GTA V are hilarious!
    - There are a lot of stuff to do in Los Santos when you're bored
    - Deeper customization on Weapons and Vehicles makes this game special
    - Most of the cutscenes makes me laugh out loud!
    - Driving Mechanics are fun and improved and it beats GTA IV's buttery driving
    - The three main protagonist story makes this game excellent
    - Shooting Mechanics is way much better
    - And last but not least there was Trevor Phillips
    - The Soundtrack that represents Los Santos is very "Glamorous" I wish Rockstar add more songs on the Radio Stations so we can get this party shift going.
    CONS:
    - Grand Theft Auto: Online makes me lose interest on it because of hackers exploiting crap by ruining the online experience for players that wanted to play real hard in Los Santos.
    Rockstar Games delivered one of the best open world sandbox experience in GTA V by bringing a lot of diversity for us to do. but Online didn't worked at all. So I'm not going to count GTA Online on GTA V's cons since GTA Online is a seperate game only for online. So GTA V gets a perfect 10 on this one. Although GTA V is not the best GTA of all time but this GTA gets a perfect score by bringing the best experience for Current Gen players...!
  43. Jun 3, 2014
    I agree with others, this game deserves a way better score than just 8.1, rather at least 9. I don't know why some people put bad reviews for such an excellent game!
  44. Jun 21, 2014
    Never in my life have I been so satisfied with the completion of a Grand Theft Auto game. The three alternate endings make your decisions rattle around in your head for days. A truly fantastic installment in the GTA with refreshing game-play, fantastic and responsive controls and a beautiful open world at your fingertips. Welcome to Los Santos.
  45. Sep 22, 2013
    GOTY Subito

Personally, GTA5 was the best game of this year. Although it misses some of serious issues that GTA4 took, I can clearly say that you will be going to enjoy this game.
  46. Sep 19, 2013
    Incredible game! Rockstar have done it again, creating a real living world and providing a fun experience. Ignore the low reviews this is really something!
  47. Sep 18, 2013
    I've waited years for this. This is not a game, this is an experience. My life has just been upgraded thanks to this masterpiece. This is the best thing that's ever happened to me since Friday night, when I managed to pull some bird that's 10 years older than me and smash her back doors in and she crapped all over the place. True story. Fun times. Peace out. QJ.
  48. Sep 18, 2013
    Hey Hey people who say it's the same as GTA 4, have you actually played the missions? I haven't gotten far in but already, I can see it's a huge improvement from gta 4. I feel a lot of these bad reviews is because it's on current gen consoles, and also cause it's not on pc. A good review rates the game, not the platform the game is on. Also, it's been in dev for 5 years, they're not justHey Hey people who say it's the same as GTA 4, have you actually played the missions? I haven't gotten far in but already, I can see it's a huge improvement from gta 4. I feel a lot of these bad reviews is because it's on current gen consoles, and also cause it's not on pc. A good review rates the game, not the platform the game is on. Also, it's been in dev for 5 years, they're not just gonna take 5 years of dev time and bring it to next gen that quickly. And the pc thing, yes it sucks. But that doesn't mean the game sucks. Expand
  49. Sep 18, 2013
    I think it's funny how people come on here and gives this game a zero. 99% of the people that gave it such a low rating did so because of one of two reasons: 1. They only have a PC and are mad it's not out yet. 2. They are obviously autistic and their mom and dad won't let them get the game because they are afraid their child will cause the next sandy hook massacre.
  50. Sep 20, 2013
    Easily the greatest game of this generation. They have managed to get so much out of the console with this game yet still get a decent frame rate all though I did see some pop in but you have to remember this is an 8 year old console so if you have to blame anything it should be that.

The story is great and if you watch the cut-scenes and listen to the characters talk you get more of the back story as you play through the game.

Some other reviews criticise the content of the game but appear to overlook the usual GTA satire on offer as if it never existed before.

If you want to play a driving simulator go and play Forza, if you want to play a shooting game, go and play COD but if you want to play a game which offers you most of the things you want in one game with a stunning setting then leave GTA in your DVD drive.
  51. Sep 18, 2013
    This is absolutely the best game I have ever played. Obviously, don't pay attention to the troll "0" reviews from people desperate for clicks on their profiles.
  52. Sep 18, 2013
    This game has just about everything you could ever want and think of, and it's only going to get better once Online comes out the 1st of October and Rockstar can add the things that it intentionally left out to make sure it was the most perfect launch possible. I can already see where they've laid the foundation on certain things (the basketball courts, the convenience stores, and otherThis game has just about everything you could ever want and think of, and it's only going to get better once Online comes out the 1st of October and Rockstar can add the things that it intentionally left out to make sure it was the most perfect launch possible. I can already see where they've laid the foundation on certain things (the basketball courts, the convenience stores, and other various places) and they'll make those available to us as the time passes through the update and DLC content they make available. Everyone who is posting negative reviews, either hasn't played the game or suck at playing the game. Don't formulate an opinion until you play it for yourself, cause you just might be missing out on the greatest game of all time. Expand
  53. Sep 19, 2013
    Clearly the best GTA game i have ever played. The world's large, massive and amazing. So many features to explore. The Online features makes the game even more amazing. Rockstar Games's best release ever. I appreciate all their hardwork in making a superb game like this Thank you Rockstar Games!
  54. Sep 22, 2013
    Let me first start off saying, ignore the crappy one star reviews, which are just fake reviews hating on a game that he or she has never played yet, they're just haters trolling the Amazon and Metacritic user review section..
    Now then, the game is the absolute masterpiece that many suspected it would be with it capitalizing on GTA IV's efforts, bringing back in some parts of San Andreas and effectively blowing it out of the water. The shooting has been refined to the likes of Max Payne (without the slow mo diving of course), shooting results in realistic reactions from enemies and never becomes tiresome due to the medium difficulty and A.I. in the game and awesome physics.
    The level design is spot on with outlandish action including the character switching and special abilities within the missions. But it does have one minor flaw. Sometimes you might get a mission failed for performing an action that the game didn't plan for you to do, hence scripted events. This is a very minor flaw but is noticeable.
    My favorite part of the game is the story itself which feature three very distinct protagonists with different motives. The most outlandish would be Trevor, though he may be hated upon due to an action he performs when you first meet him. For many, he may be extremely fun but he will also be the one that is hardest to relate to the most. He is a psychopath and he knows it and it doesn't stop from being judgemental and letting everyone else know what's wrong with them. He is the character who knows he's trash and he deals with it by doing what he does best. Causing chaos. The intertwining stories are spectacular and is a delightful contrast with its dark violent somewhat upbeat action comedy drama to GTA IV's dark, moody, and violent drama on the depiction of the supposed American dream in the eyes of a disappointed man (though they're both different, both stories are a tie for me in terms of which is best.)
    The game does a great job at making you feel like you are part of the world within GTA 5 with its side missions, radio shows for everyone's taste in music and spectacular scope and visuals in general.
    The game pushes the barrier in violence and makes no excuse for it, as it should be. Though there is a mission that I found in bad taste that rose a lot of controversy. Eventually as I thought more on it, I understood the meaning of that one scene, but in the end, I will still dread coming across that scene in my next playthrough.

If you are a fan of crime dramas, character study and development, satirical comedies, or in playing something that has a story that no other game company has accomplished before, then buy this game and I guarantee once you put a few hours into it, it will be one of your best games of all time, as it is mine. 5/5 and 10/10 for me. Not an exaggeration.
  55. Sep 18, 2013
    They game is great! I love the story, the mechanics, the driving mechanics are superb! the graphics are also amazing for being on a 8 year old system.
  56. Sep 19, 2013
    Is it "the best game"? Doubt it. Does it have a place on top ten games in gaming history? No. Maybe in top 10 games for this generation. But while we remember the best games of C64 or NES, some old PC gamers remember what they have played on their first XT, XBOX 360 can be quickly forgotten. And I am sure as hell, we will see GTA 6 on XBOX One.

What makes GTA 5 so important then? The

What makes GTA 5 so important then? The fact that when everyone streamlines and dumbs down games we see record sales from a game that does something else, and tries to offer more and more depth. No budget cuts, no "always online" requirement, no tricks to force people to buy. It simply delivers quality and people buy it.

It is a shining example of how things should be done.

But it isn't much more. People say "rehash" and name only the tennis and the 3 characters as new. Well, and you have a brand new story, it is longer than an RPG. The world is more detailed than ever. And whats even better guys. But modern day GTAs are famous as art as well, because how they portray values of the western world. And hey, we have a real american family.

But lets check one big change: How we can choose between different tactics, how it increases replay value. I am sure most of the reviews missed this point as well. Do you like this change? I do. And it shows that each and every GTA has something new. Something new, useful, and valuable. This is why a lot of people can preorder it anytime.
  57. Sep 18, 2013
    The best GTA yet. It starts you right off into the action and keeps it going without getting in the way of you exploring the vast world. Would highly recommend for anyone who enjoyed the previous GTAs.
  58. Sep 19, 2013
    Well I can sure as hell say this is the game you have all been waiting for. Say good bye to commitments, work, uni anything else cause this is the game of the decade.

Much improved in all areas (shooting unbelievable if you recall Red dead redemption you will be in for a treat) Driving (once you get used to the handling its rather excellent also much improved from GTAIV, Yes some vehicles do vary in terms of handling but once you tune them up at a customs shop, its an issue of the past) Gameplay Unbelievable, there's really not much more to say its F****** epic Replayability Well need I say more its GTA for gods sakes)

Overall an excellent Game I'm personally about 10 hours in and so far i'm loving it. As to all the haters you all To the rest definitely worth the $60 for over 200+ hours worth of fun Need I say more for when Gta Online comes out in october, Check ****ing mate
  59. Sep 18, 2013
    Don't listen to the Doom and Gloomers This is without a doubt a 10/10. Looks gorgeous, love the intertwining storylines to mention a just a few. Get it now
  60. Sep 18, 2013
    It's unfair go give this game "1" score just because it's console exclusive. Eat I'm also PC gamer, I play more on PC than Xbox. But how can you release such a good game on PC, when 80 will download it for free.

This game deserves for 9 vote, but if PC fanboys can give 1, I'll give 10. Screw ya

///Sorry for my poor english.
  61. Sep 18, 2013
    Simply put, GTA V improves upon what has worked in the past and gives us more than enough to keep things fresh. From the polish, to the content, to the detail, to the storyline there's not much this game doesn't have mastered. I could go on and on about the things i do like but i think it's better if i go through what i don't like... nothing. GTA V is a prime example of a company puttingSimply put, GTA V improves upon what has worked in the past and gives us more than enough to keep things fresh. From the polish, to the content, to the detail, to the storyline there's not much this game doesn't have mastered. I could go on and on about the things i do like but i think it's better if i go through what i don't like... nothing. GTA V is a prime example of a company putting time and effort into their game. Just like Bethesda, Rockstar is one of the few video game companies left that takes pride in their product and goes above and beyond expectations. There is no doubt in my mind GTA V is the best game of the Xbox 360 era and most certainly the best GTA to date. Once again Rockstar sets new standards and puts everyone else to shame. Expand
  62. Sep 20, 2013
    This is the first review I've ever written for a game on my decades on this planet. I've read through probably hundreds of reviews before deciding to spend my hard earned cash on this game, mainly because I was so dissapointed with the previous GTA IV. I have never seen so much high praise for a game, ever. I have also never seen so much hopeless and useless bashing of a game (more onThis is the first review I've ever written for a game on my decades on this planet. I've read through probably hundreds of reviews before deciding to spend my hard earned cash on this game, mainly because I was so dissapointed with the previous GTA IV. I have never seen so much high praise for a game, ever. I have also never seen so much hopeless and useless bashing of a game (more on that in a moment). All of the things I felt needed fixing in GTA IV, they fixed, especially the driving mechanics. The first few hours I spent playing GTA V, were some of the most fun I've EVER had playing a game. Fantastic player control, humorous, well executed and convincing commentary, incredible ambient sound and amazing music. The graphics are incredibly polished and like others have said, quite an accomplishment for the 360. Many people are bashing this game for seemingly pointless reasons. Some, because they want attention, some because of jealousy and some because they are just hopelessly ignorant. I say look at user score distribution. Even the people trying their best to pull the rating down for ratings sake are still failing as of this review. Finally, I will confirm as I have read again and again in the last few days that this IS one of the best games ever made and quite possibly the best game that i've played in my life. That is spanning 24 years of gaming, 12+ systems and hundreds of games. The Cake is Done. Enjoy! Expand
  63. Sep 24, 2013
    I've been playing games for the last 20 years and this is the best one i've played. It's insane that this runs on the xbox360 and not the next generation of consoles.

if this gets re-released on PS4 or the Xbone i'd have no qualms about buying it again.
  64. Sep 21, 2013
    I'm not understanding the poor reviews of some of these people on here. Either they are PC gamers, or people just giving the stupidest reasons to give this game a lesser score. One review I read somebody was complaining about the lack of roller coasters in the game and not being able to go shark fishing and docked it 2 points and gave it an 8. Are you f***ing kidding me?

IMO, GTA V is

IMO, GTA V is arguably the best GTA and is one of the best games I've ever played. The world is gorgeous. Looking at the texture of the water while driving a boat or jet ski is just mesmerizing and fun. Or riding a dirt bike up the massive mountain in the game is great to just look at the beautiful scenery of the mountain and the wilderness. Then at the top you look down at the cities and can see buildings 6 miles away. Not to mention the explosions are fascinating to see. The lighting is insane. Walking under a tree you can see the shadow of a leaf on your shoulder almost perfectly like if it was real life. Besides a couple textures that looked a little weak, the game is a graphical beauty!

The switching between 3 protagonist is revolutionary. All 3 have their own contacts, clothes they can buy, hairstyles to buy at barber shops, types of missions, skills, lifestyles, etc. I have nothing in common with Trevor who is a hillbilly trash. But he is too damn funny and interesting and I enjoy playing as him just like Franklin and Michael.

The driving is way more intense and more of a racing feel than the boat like driving in GTA IV. It reminds me of Midnight Club LA in a way. The gunplay is way better than GTA IV too because it brings Red Dead and Max Payne elements together and creates intense firefights. The cover system is VASTLY improved as well and is your best friend in firefights.

There is tons of stuff to do between the three characters like customize cars, buy real estate, racing, pick up nice ladies at strip clubs and streets, meet random strangers, etc, and a big huge San Andreas to explore.

The only drawbacks I can think of are the car collisions, which don't deform the car as much as in GTA IV. And the popping up of the environment at certain points of the game. Some people complain about frame rate but I haven't noticed anything.

To most gamers, this game is like heroin. Very addictive and fun. Well worth the budget and years making it. Hopefully I helped.
  65. Sep 23, 2013
    As many a gamer have stopped by to pen thoughts on this game so shall I .
    Simply put GTA V is my game of the year since i am going to avoid cod ghosts. The story-line is epic and the characters are hilarious.The story is very well written If you take time to do side quests you will enjoy the main missions even more and boy are they enthralling.
    Whats not to like thinks to shoot and
    As many a gamer have stopped by to pen thoughts on this game so shall I .
    Whats not to like thinks to shoot and people to blow up... EPIC.
  66. Sep 18, 2013
    Well lived up to the pre-launch hype, I've played for a healthy amount of time now to be able to say that this game is a huge step up from anything we've seen on the current generation of Hardware. The scale of the world is huge and everything about it is dynamic and a big step forwards.

The driving physics (air, land and water) is much improved from previous GTA games. Hopefully

Hopefully this game will set the bar for future AAA titles.

Whilst I'm not a 'PC Fanboy' I do primarily play PC titles, so I hope to see it there soon so the modding community can take a stab at it, however the game runs perfectly well on the current generation of consoles, so there is nothing to worry about there.
  67. Sep 24, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto V is the only game I've ever played that has lived up to its hype. I love this game, it's simply amazing. From exploring the depths of the sea in a submersible to soaring the sun-dazzled skies in a jet plane, this game will grab hold of you from the get-go to immerse you in its shear beauty. The three protagonists are all very interesting, and switching between them,Grand Theft Auto V is the only game I've ever played that has lived up to its hype. I love this game, it's simply amazing. From exploring the depths of the sea in a submersible to soaring the sun-dazzled skies in a jet plane, this game will grab hold of you from the get-go to immerse you in its shear beauty. The three protagonists are all very interesting, and switching between them, whether on mission or off, is fluid enough to keep you wanting to find out more about this satirical reincarnation of L.A. that is Los Santos. I have been a fan of the GTA series ever since GTA 3, and can assure you that this new rendition is the best one yet. Ignore all the negative reviews written by the negligible, this game raises the bar for video game storytelling. Expand
  68. Sep 19, 2013
    this is he best game i have ever played. the graphics are not stellar but everything else is AMAZING. just think about the multiplayer!! anyone who is doubting getting this please get it!!
  69. Sep 19, 2013
    I Think this is the best GTA Game ever, better than San Andreas In My Opinion, because it have a majority of things of San Andreas, and much more, 69 misions, allrigh, poor mission number, but with 3 characters, the history of 69 missions can last more than all GTA San Andreas Missions (104), but more than 50 are the same, Go with the car at one location, kill some people, go away.
    but
    but this, this misions are great!, and the additional missions (21) are so great and are like main missions but not necesary, and all of them adds a waay of time in this game, i am in the mission #53 and i have the game since september 17, playing it all day, all night, and i don't get bored, is the perfect game with the perfect character with the perfect things to do and Missions, if you reading this review and you have the game, GO AWAY AND PLAY IT!
  70. Sep 20, 2013
    Literally the greatest game ever made. Amazing soundtrack, Next generation ultimate story. Rockstar really did it this time. The advancement on car, gun and gameplay mechanics is huge and consequently makes the game very enjoyable. With plenty to do from Tennis, Triathlons and flight school to hardcore torture missions Grand Theft Auto 5 has it all and deserves easily 10/10, 100/100.
  71. Sep 23, 2013
    GTA 5 is a phenomenal game, first off I am a PC gamer but seeing as I have an xbox, it will not effect this review. GTA 5 Felt kind of like the driving of a Midnight Club game, and had a solid shooting system (far different from gta 4). The game world feels massive and is insanely immersive, I have played for ten hours and only completed 20% of the game, on top of that I have only exploredGTA 5 is a phenomenal game, first off I am a PC gamer but seeing as I have an xbox, it will not effect this review. GTA 5 Felt kind of like the driving of a Midnight Club game, and had a solid shooting system (far different from gta 4). The game world feels massive and is insanely immersive, I have played for ten hours and only completed 20% of the game, on top of that I have only explored about 1/3 of the world of San Andreas, and barely started any side activities (shooting ranges, triathlons, biking, strip clubs). In GTA 4 side missions were boring and the main mission felt the same way, but everything in this game feels much more fresh and enjoyable. Many people don't bring this up, but this is the smartest game you will probably ever play, it's comments on politics, culture, and overall life seems to nail everyone, but does it in a subtle way (comedic political bickering on the radio). Though this is one if the best games I have played in years... It's not perfect, there are rare pop-in's, and the gunplay isn't perfect (it's really good, but not perfect). Other than that this game is phenomenal, and once it arrives on PC I will buy it again. Expand
  72. Sep 24, 2013
    This is the best GTA ever, and the best game ever, anyone who rates this game lower than a 10 frankly doesn't know what gaming's all about. Thank god there's a company like Rockstar out there who know exactly what gamers want, this is why it made £500m in 24 hours on sale, keep up the good work rockstar.
  73. Sep 18, 2013
    I'm seeing a lot of people complaining that this game is "where GTA 4 should have been", and that it's just a sub-par sequel unfortunately placed at the end of a console generation. People saying that GTA5 included things that GTA4 should have had, but they exluded due to laziness, or marketing strategy... What?

First off, this is thee most expensive video game ever made at $266

First off, this is thee most expensive video game ever made at $266 million, whereas GTA4 was right around $100 million. There's a reason that they couldn't include intricacies like planes, semi-truck trailers, or drivable crashable trains; they spent their budget bring it to next-gen hardware, with which they did a remarkable job considering the circumstances.

As far as my 10/10 score, this game has brought all the things I loved from all previous Rockstar games, including Red Dead Redemption's improved movement mechanics and weapon wheel, Max Payne 3's improved shooting mechanics, Midnight Club LA's vehicular customization and on-road handling, GTA4's introduction to the Euphoria engine, and, well... Rockstar's Table Tennis's tennis mechanic (ok the appreciation of that was a joke, but don't be fooled because those methods were still incorporated).

Arguably, the production cost of this game surpassed the $266 million quote we were given just on the sole merit that everything from this game was pulled from the best of their previous games, meaning that Rockstar's entire history of games has been a research and development process just to deliver their magnum opus; Grand Theft Auto 5.

I own a gaming PC, why? For insane graphics. Am I complaining about the graphics on the 360? No. I, unlike many PC enthusiast wannabes, understand that the visuals that are able to be pumped out on an elderly console generation is... miraculous. Considering the limitations, the aesthetics are beyond amazing, and it was breathtaking when I drove into Los Santos for the first time from the mountains.

There are only two minor complaints that I have, but not enough to ding my score of the game. 1) the mountains surrounding Los Santos appear to be a little less detailed that I would have thought. It's a tiny bit immersion-removing because when you're walking or driving on it, it feels like a polygon with a grass texture, rather than a mountain. 2) The transition time between the playable characters takes roughly 3-4 times longer than advertised on the gameplay trailer. It zooms out quickly, moves over quickly, but then sits there for 5-10 seconds while it loads and populates the area before zooming in.

Overall, I think it is thee most memorable game I will have ever played, and arguably the best game ever made.
  74. Sep 18, 2013
    Rockstar has created the crowning achievement of this generation. A true Swan Song as we near the end of this incredible console life-cycle.

Not only one of the best games of this year, it's one of the best games ever made.

Enjoy.
  75. Sep 18, 2013
    I bet with all of you that 80% of the people who low-rated this game never played it before. It's kind of funny how they blame this masterpiece because there's no good arguments. Just some haters doing what they do best: hating something.

To say: this game is amazing at all. All its details are well designed: the story, the map, the atmosphere, the cars... EVERYTHING! This game will

This game will be the GOTY 2013 easily because everything deserves it and this isn't overrating, okay?

Play this game with your mind open, feels the entertainment inside you and then you'll understand how amazing this game is.

Rockstar, two things that I want to say to you: thanks and congratulations!
  76. Sep 17, 2013
    Okay so I've been playing this game for a whole day straight, I never got bored for a millisecond. The vehicle handling has improved like crazy. Unlike GTA IV, that had a glimpse of repeating the same thing in missions (just a glimpse) but this game has 0 out of 10 when it comes to repeating stuff, there's a lot to do (a lot). Missions are exiting, sometimes, in cut scenes I felt like I'mOkay so I've been playing this game for a whole day straight, I never got bored for a millisecond. The vehicle handling has improved like crazy. Unlike GTA IV, that had a glimpse of repeating the same thing in missions (just a glimpse) but this game has 0 out of 10 when it comes to repeating stuff, there's a lot to do (a lot). Missions are exiting, sometimes, in cut scenes I felt like I'm watching a good comic-action-thriller film, it's written incredibly smart. The game looks gorgeous, it's one of those games that will blow your mind, even on old 8 year old consoles. Loading screens are a bit long, but it's really nothing that should really bother you. The game is smooth, runs great, my console worked hard all day because I've been playing this all day, but nothing has changed, the game is still smooth and beautiful. The detail in Los Santos is amazing, it's hard to believe the game is only 16 GBs. The 'three protagonists' idea is works like a charm, and its' very funny sometimes. Character customization, is good, you don't have a lot to choose from when it comes to haircuts and beards (maybe some will be unlocked later in the game) but clothes look good on you, there's no texture problems and the choose is very colorful. And now for the characters: Michael, is a miserable, rich, family man, with a horrible shrink. He is suffering his 'midlife crisis' or 'family hatred'. He has his skill similar to Max Payne's 'bullet time'. (and you can actually make him look like Max Payne) Franklin is a CJ type gangster, his special skill is he can slow time while driving, and handle VERY well. And finally Trevor, he is a psychopath, absolutely crazy, I think the most ridiculous character the open world genre has ever seen. Mercy is not on his vocabulary. His special skill is to go crazy! He can take less damage and deal a lot more damage, while the screen is red, and you can hear him screaming out of joy.

So I think I covered everything I could, this game is just loads of fun, everyone should get it, whether you are a shooter type guy, a driver, or just a looker at the graphics, I give this game a 10/10 with joy, Rockstar has done it again.
  77. Sep 18, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto 5 is an awesome game its way better than 4 because the story is so much better because there's 3 characters instead of one so different stories that go together. there's so much you can do in GTA 5 that when i started playing i didn't know where to go you can play tennis, race etc. Now the map, the map is extremely huge its twice thee size of gta 4's map, there'sGrand Theft Auto 5 is an awesome game its way better than 4 because the story is so much better because there's 3 characters instead of one so different stories that go together. there's so much you can do in GTA 5 that when i started playing i didn't know where to go you can play tennis, race etc. Now the map, the map is extremely huge its twice thee size of gta 4's map, there's wilderness you can hunt animals Expand
  78. Sep 18, 2013
    I hate these retards giving it a low score just because it's not for pc, I mean come on! This game is amazing with superb graphics, a great story and interesting missions with replay value. It's a huge detailed world which is satisfying to explore.
  79. Sep 18, 2013
    GTA deserves a higher score than an 8.1 since this game is simply brilliant and beautiful.
    It's an awesome game for this gen wonder what it will be like on next or pc?
  80. Sep 20, 2013
    While Grand Theft Auto V adds so much more it also takes some things away that may disappoint and frustrate. So back to Los Santos and San Andreas after 9 long years. So is Grand Theft Auto V better than San Andreas? Nope. It lacks the magic that San Andreas had and the story isn't as good. So is it better than Grand Theft Auto IV? Debatable, depends on what you like. The story isn't asWhile Grand Theft Auto V adds so much more it also takes some things away that may disappoint and frustrate. So back to Los Santos and San Andreas after 9 long years. So is Grand Theft Auto V better than San Andreas? Nope. It lacks the magic that San Andreas had and the story isn't as good. So is it better than Grand Theft Auto IV? Debatable, depends on what you like. The story isn't as good as Grand Theft Auto IV. So does it have better graphics? Being a 32yr old console gamer who has been gaming since gaming began, i can tell you that GTAV not only looks better, 95% of it looks incredible. It really is amazing that this game runs on current gen, what with the insane ammount of content, detail and huge map. It really is the most ambitious game ever created and shows how Rockstar North in the UK are head and shoulders above all other developers by a loooong way. So i said 95% looks incredible, but what about the other 5%? The 5% that doesn't look "as great" is the grass and muddy terrain in the blaine country areas. The wooden shacks etc remind me of the game Alan Wake, but it looks better than Alan Wake (and Alan Wake looks amazing) the grass and mud etc look better than Alan wake, and the trees and foliage look wayyyy better. Also flowers, bushes and long grass will part or flatten when you run through or over them. It's full of neat little touches as usual. Everything else looks incredibly detailed, even butterflies have great detail. The lighting, weather effects and water is just insanely good. So many different types of water and you can't tell where one ends and other begins (Far Cry 3 i'm looking at you) everything is connected smoothley with no visible join lines at all. Even the animals look and move great, as do the characters etc. The thunder and lightning weather effects will make you spill your tea. So does it resemble San Andreas? A little bit. Obviously Rockstar added the character Franklin (who resembles CJ) and the baller gangs etc to add that nostalgic San Andreas feel. The map itself is totally different though, so you won't find too many locations from San Andreas in GTAV apart from the Las Venturas sign and other main landmarks. Gameplay is the same but refined to make things much more fluid and smooth, animations and everything are top notch. While GTAIV went down the serious road, GTAV goes down the fun San Andreas road, which is great and a lot of fun like San Andreas. Audio is also incredible, especially through home cinema system, everything feels and sounds so alive it's impressive. There are also plenty of radio stations and hidden British humour hidden around the map and on the radio stations and TV etc as per usual. The story isn't the best, it's a bit hit and miss and often contradicts itself which is a shame. And some of the voice acting is a bit poo, although fantastic for the most part. For instance, while escaping from the cops my passenger often yelled that the cops were still on us. My character Michael responded with the same 2 lines over and over far too much "Relax i can handle it" "I'll handle this" it became annoying real quick as he repeated those 2 lines every second or so for 3 or 4 minutes. The way he says it is bad voice work too. Luckily it hasn't happened anywhere else in the game mind. So, on to other problems? This is a BIG killer for me. The cardamage has been scaled wayyyyyyy down from GTAIV. The damage in GTAIV was impressive and perfect. In GTAV the cars can take way more punishment and often come out with no signs of damage, even when rolling down a moutain or colliding head on with another car. There is damage, skirts, bonnets and doors will fall off, it just takes a hell of a lot to get them to fall off. You can hit a another car real hard only for the glass to smash and leave nothing but a scratch or broken headlight on both cars. This is a real anoyyance for me. I loved how the cars crumpled up so realisticly in GTAIV. So hopefully Rockstar will make a patch to correct it. It really is bad! Also bike handling is bordering on laughable. Quad bikes hand just like San Andreas, while Motor Cross and other bikes handle real arcady and similar to Driv3r. This spoils it for me as the bikes were always my favourite mode of transportation, but now i hate them. A lot of people have complained about the car handling. I can see why they complain as it is similar but twitchy/arcadey, but i personally got used to the cars real quick, it's just the bikes i can't get sed too. All cars have their own handling style too. Another little anoyyance for me is when driving head on in traffic. In GTAIV they bipped their horns and flashed their lights. In GTAV they just bip their horn. Considering the GTA franchise prides itself on adding as much detail as possible, little details like this are missed, especially when they were in GTAIV. I've found myself missing a few little details from GTAIV like that. Patch the damage and Bike handling etc and this gets a 10. Expand
  81. Sep 22, 2013
    Let's just put it like this; FINALY, GTA: San Andreas got de-throned. About time!!Just can't wait for multiplayer.It's as huge as gta; San Adreas, but so much more beautifull an all the new suff they add, most Epic sandbox game ever.
  82. Sep 23, 2013
    This game is just pure perfection! It takes everything all the other GTA games did right and, makes em even better and adding even more brilliant stuff t) an already brilliant game
    I love Rockstar Games! The gunplay, think: Max Payne 3, lots of guns super customizable, and alreadt a whole wall dedicated to future DLC
  83. Sep 18, 2013
    This game really marked me a totally, playing all my life, games of all kinds, with more than fan for video game industry, this game really would surprise me at all scopes and I can not stop playing it.
    something that caught my attention is that four years ago I have not thought about playing a game 2 times to run, so totally recommended for all types of player from a beginner, to the more veteran.
  84. Sep 22, 2013
    This game it one of the most impressive and well developed i ever seen. Even the little driving through Los Santos to the bigger and surrounding plot. The game delivery a great experience to who love games. Those negatives reviews its just lame, complaining about it was not launch to PC or complaining about when you drive the whole LS you dont have anything more to do, cant understandThis game it one of the most impressive and well developed i ever seen. Even the little driving through Los Santos to the bigger and surrounding plot. The game delivery a great experience to who love games. Those negatives reviews its just lame, complaining about it was not launch to PC or complaining about when you drive the whole LS you dont have anything more to do, cant understand those people, probably they have about 10 years old.
    If you ENJOY games, you HAVE to try GTA V, you will no regret.
  85. Sep 23, 2013
    It's sad to see so many haters. A game like this deserves a 0? Ok, stop the world, I want get off.

This game is the best experience ever created. It is amazing, beautiful, too perfect. Rockstar deserves applause, incidentally, deserves all the money that she is earning, because no other game comes at the level of GTA V. I still wonder how that graphics can exist even in a world so

I still wonder how that graphics can exist even in a world so huge and alive, the game actually looks like the new generation, is very impressive.

Play, just play and know what is a real game. And for the haters: shame on you. Why will not play Call of Duty?
  86. Sep 27, 2013
    So, this game is very good, the game has many things to do, I agree that there are not many changes between the 4 and 5, but he innovates the gameplay and the things that makes the game, for those who like this game prcurar is full of Easter Eggs.
  87. Sep 30, 2013
    Best Grand Theft Auto yet. It really is extraordinarily vast in scope. The voice acting and story are superb. The graphics are incredible given the limited hardware (PC gamer here and I'm impressed). The city and country feel very real and your choices matter. I wasn't expecting to play my Xbox instead of my gaming PC, but here I am. I must warn you though, it's a VERY adult game.

Must

Must buy. 9.5/10 (few graphical glitches and I had a few characters glitch out so I'll remove .5)
  88. Sep 22, 2013
    God please forgive who didn't give a 10, they only wanted to get attention, one of the greatest games ever made and there's people giving a 0, what's wrong, wtf?
  89. Oct 1, 2013
    Is in the best game ever? I don't know, but you can surely argue it. Its a magical game that is more detailed, has more content, and contains deeper writing than any game available on the market. at first i was slightly disappointed, but nothing can live up to the expectations set for a GTA title. however, this is a marvelous game that shouldn't disappoint anyone. no body who purchasesIs in the best game ever? I don't know, but you can surely argue it. Its a magical game that is more detailed, has more content, and contains deeper writing than any game available on the market. at first i was slightly disappointed, but nothing can live up to the expectations set for a GTA title. however, this is a marvelous game that shouldn't disappoint anyone. no body who purchases this title will be able to keep themselves from finishing the game. if a game was ever worth $60, this is it. Expand
  90. Sep 29, 2013
    8.2 for a user score? i bet majority of those down votes came from PC users who cant play the game on their Elite PC with 1080p maxed out graphics AA 60 fps (throwing out PC jargons) things. seriously this game does not deserve even less than a 7 or 8 or heck even a 9!

My review This has got to be the best of the best of open world games, not even the likes of Skyrim or AC can match.

My review
    This has got to be the best of the best of open world games, not even the likes of Skyrim or AC can match. There is always something fun about GTA like the cops, the cars, the cheats, the guns and GTA V adds more to that with likable cast of 3 main characters a finally interesting story and a lot of action and things to do

+everything
    -some glitches is hard to avoid in open world games but is forgivable

91. Sep 20, 2013
    What a piece of art, I have started my adventure with the newest GTA instalment yesterday and absolutely loving it! Rockstar did a wonderful job while creating such detailed, massive world here. This game take the best from the previous GTA games, Red Dead Redemption and Max Payne 3, to combine it into one of the best games that ever hit the shelves.The visual side is superb if you willWhat a piece of art, I have started my adventure with the newest GTA instalment yesterday and absolutely loving it! Rockstar did a wonderful job while creating such detailed, massive world here. This game take the best from the previous GTA games, Red Dead Redemption and Max Payne 3, to combine it into one of the best games that ever hit the shelves.The visual side is superb if you will consider the size of the game, obviously you cannot compare it to titles like Crysis, but still this is a massive open world game. The gameplay rocks, controls are solid and smoothly, there is a great improvement over the previous GTA titles. Some people are complaining that the shooting is not as good as in Max Payne 3, but please, this is an open world game and shooting is one of the many, many things you will do in this game, so you cannot compare the mechanics to AAA shooters, where the major focus is on shooting. Still it is very enjoyable and I cannot complain about the mechanics here. The story will keep you intrested and pushing forward to check what will happen next. I am still looking forward to start playing Trevor, as yesterday within the first 10hrs of gameplay I was mainly free roaming with Franklin, driving, enjoying the views, swimming, bike riding and checking all the things that the game offers at the beginning. One thing ref to issue with "play disc" install on XBOX hard drive I have installed the "instal disc" into my Xbox hard disc, whereas the "play disc" I copied into the HDD 500gb external disc (it is USB 3.0 but will still work OK if formated to FAT32). The games works very smoothly, within the first 10hours I havent faced any graphic/texture problems or bugs impressive job done on 8years old hardware! Great job ROCKSTAR! Thank you! Expand
  92. Sep 25, 2013
    GTA5 is fabulous, magical and wonderfully exciting. Surely stands as one or if not the best in the franchise that changed the world of gaming. Great game.
  93. Oct 7, 2013
    Oops. Sorry. I've accidentally post my review on the XBOX 360 version. See my review for the PS3 version. Sorry for the mistake. I haven't been on the site for awhile. My apologies.
  94. Sep 30, 2013
    GTA V is a giant masterpiece with close to no faults. It takes at least 80 hours to complete to 100%, the story is engaging, although a bit worse than GTA IV. Graphics are also impressive considering the age of Xbox and the scope of GTA. And it all runs fairly fluidly! Everyone should pick up this masterpiece. Everyone will find something to love (except butthurt PC fanboys).
  95. LTR
    Sep 29, 2013
    This game is a masterpiece.The story is fantastic,the characters are awesome,the gameplay is really fun,the missions are really fun and the world is beautiful.
  96. Oct 15, 2013
    Simply GTA V is the BEST game of this generation single player is phenomenal it is worth every cent and trust me i don't say that lightly personally i don't care care much about GTA Online i got more than enough amazing things to do in sp. :)

97. Sep 19, 2013
    GTA V. The last hoorah of the current generation consoles, and the fact that it's released only on the consoles is to me, it's biggest con. The game itself is utterly amazing, the characters are fun to play with, the game mechanics are smooth, the driving is a fun hybrid of GTA IV and San Andreas, the gun handling, aiming is all the best from all Rockstar Games, the amazing new features ofGTA V. The last hoorah of the current generation consoles, and the fact that it's released only on the consoles is to me, it's biggest con. The game itself is utterly amazing, the characters are fun to play with, the game mechanics are smooth, the driving is a fun hybrid of GTA IV and San Andreas, the gun handling, aiming is all the best from all Rockstar Games, the amazing new features of stock exchanges and buying property add a lot of depth to the game. Scuba diving, hunting, tennis, biking, hiking, heists this game is pretty much all the best things crammed into one. The graphics are phenomenal and the best on Xbox and PS3 in my opinion.
    However, I think that bringing out this kind of hardware hard game was a mistake to bring out on the current gen consoles. Don't get me wrong the game works fine, but there are times when there are too many bullets shot at you, or the smoke covers up the screen ,or there are a lot of cars and characters in front of you that the game just lags. I think that it's this lag that really drags this game down from what otherwise would be the most perfect game ever created.
    Bring on the Next Gen and PC version Rockstar!
  98. Sep 20, 2013
    Five years ago I played GTA 4 and I really enjoyed it and while it wasn't perfect it was the next step in open world gaming. Two years ago I played Skyrim and thought it was the only game better at open world gaming than GTA 4. Now Skyrim is merely a pleasant memory because GTA 5 is here.

I started the game and was mildly disappointed with the start not that it's particularly bad it just wasn't what I waited five years for. However once the action moves to Los Santos the game is jump started into life and what unfolds is nothing short of a masterpiece and I go as far as to say it is the pinnacle of open world gaming.

You play as three characters giving a much greater variety in terms of the way the game is played and the ability to switch between characters means you can often skip those long drives back into the city. The Map deserves comment because it is huge and for once is totally accessible from the start which is a huge improvement from the ridiculous bridge closures of previous games. The missions are the best yet and revolve around Heists which are as exciting as they look in the trailers and have great replay value as they can be approached in a variety of ways. Mini games have been expanded and offer a good 20 minutes of distraction and with a vast array you could easily waste a day just playing them. The driving and shooting have been improved and mixed with the new special moves given to each character make for really exciting action sequences. Finally I have to welcome back the planes which are insanely fun and even though I'm a terrible pilot they provide a great way to get around.

In conclusion ignore the people who tell you it's just all the same because while, like the Elderscrolls series, it sticks to the core gameplay you loved back in 2001 it takes the gameplay and expands upon it in the most exciting ways possible in the process giving the gamer access to the most thrilling living breathing world available and I can't ask for any more.
  99. Sep 20, 2013
    I have been having quite a lot of fun with the Grand Theft Auto franchise since my days with the original Playstation. I have always loved the level of freedom Rockstar has provided us gamers with so that we could put any insane virtual impulse to practice and have a good laugh about it.
    When I think about the time I spent with GTA IV, I remember that I had some conflicting impressions about the game itself: at the same time that I appreciated all the effort put into bestowing life upon Liberty City, and all the planning that went for erecting the plot (which I liked because of the critical perspective of the American Dream intelligently enabled by making use of the point of view of a foreign protagonist), I could not help but think about some elements that had been present in previous installments of the franchise (mostly San Andreas); namely the diversity of locations (mountains, countryside and sprawling highways in addition to the big-city-with-skyscrapers type of environment), the possibility of a more detailed customization of your character or your vehicles in order to adjust them to your liking, the presence of huge aircrafts to wreak havoc with; these things were not really possible in the world of GTA IV.
    A totally different scenario proves to be existent with Rockstar's latest masterpiece: in the very first hours of gameplay it becomes clear that the game is happy to provide the player with a deluge of possibilities, and the player (at least as far as my own personal experience with it) will most likely be happy to be engulfed by said potentiality of sheer fun and joy.

My main concern prior to actually purchasing and playing GTA V had to do with its bold implementation of three protagonists, rather than the established focus on a single person. Happily, after merely a few hours of gameplay, one can see that the tripartite way of telling stories works fantastically well; and it is praiseworthy to pull off such a thing as successfully creating three very distinctive characters that can even go so far as encourage you to have a unique play style for each one of them (a feat made possible by means of good character development).

Arguably, one of the most relevant elements of games in general is the gameplay itself, and I must say right off the bat that Rockstar once again scores a homerun: from selecting a radio station or weapon through a Red Dead Redemption-like wheel that slows down time, to moving or shooting or partaking in activities such as tennis or golf, everything seems to have fluidity; in effect, when comparing this game with its predecessor, it seems possible to assert that the developers have learnt a lot throughout the years and have improved upon every single aspect of their precious brainchild. Some people might take issue with that, though, in that some are saying that the driving mechanics as a whole is a lot worse than what we had with GTA IV. I believe this is very subjective, but my opinion is that, even though the driving was great in that game, GTA V makes things easier and, once again, more fluid. It makes driving more action-packed. Then again, people might disagree, this is but my personal account.

When it comes to graphics, suffice to say that there is nothing short of stunning in them. The developers have really mastered the technology that we have been using in this generation of consoles.

Well, I cannot talk much about the quality of the story itself, for I haven’t played that many missions (I’m afraid I more often than not get distracted by all the things I can do), but I am really happy with what I have seen thus far.

All in all, this is a true masterpiece and everybody who has the slightest interest in this kind of open-world genre should have a great time with this game. Just beware of your productivity (I mean it).
  100. Sep 25, 2013
    The Best Game Ever...thought it might drop the frame rate sometimes the world is so big its easily forgivable 15 hours in and i've only seen 2/3 of the map

1. Dec 12, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto V offers one of the best sandbox experiences ever, filled to the brink with stuff to do. The vistas are magnificent and amazing stuff just seems to happen wherever you go. But at the same time the story is tired and the characters unoriginal. Your appreciation of Grand Theft Auto V will depend of what you want out of the series. The freedom and joy of discovery is hard to beat but the rest still has some ways left to go.
  2. Nov 6, 2013
    GTA V continues the game series' tradition of raising the bar for open world action games.
  3. Nov 5, 2013
    Tons of gameplay hours, plenty of missions and activities with an awesome collection of vehicles of various modes of transportation and a large array of firearms put the grandeur once again into Grand Theft Auto.