8.1

1. May 3, 2014
    This game is cool. I mean, look at the gameplay! They added some new features like animals and anything. Although I am no longer a GTA fan, I'm still liking this game.
  2. Sep 23, 2013
    This game is a masterpiece. I really felt the need to add my thoughts as I saw a few so called reviews from folk who are giving it a 0 and that is not at all fair. First off the game looks stunning, I have it on my HDTV and the colours look vibrant and here and there they are on par with next gen. The water is incredible, the ocean feels and behaves just like the real ocean. All in all this is one masterpiece of a game that desrves another 10. The characters are fantastic, Trevor is nuts so much fun. With Oceans, mountains, forests, cities. Land Air and Sea vehicles once you unlock all three you can explore where you lilke on whatever you like. As for no online for 2 weeks, who cares, its not a loss its a good idea. I cannot give it a bad score because I can't play co op for 2 weeks! That will come around when ready. Until then I will enjoy the best game on this generation if not of all time. This is one title you'll never see come out as annual releases. Perfect takes time and GTA V is perfect 10/10 Expand
  3. Sep 29, 2013
    The Best Rockstar game ever! Only problems are frame-rate and load times. as well the online isnt up yet but thats better than the game being delayed. anyone who complains about that should have known already and is sour they are uneducated. graphics are outstanding for a game this size. dont know how they managed to fit all those polygons on the 360. anyone who complains about graphics has no clue how CG is generated and should be banned from game reviews. Expand
  4. Oct 24, 2013
    One of the best games I have ever played and it will definitely be a while to top this. GTA 4 seems so dark and colorless compared to this installment; the city is vibrant and stunning in its complexity and its detail. The game play is perfectly simple and easy to use yet complex if you really want it to be. There is almost too much to do and is easily a game that hundreds of hours could be plugged into. GTA Online is still glitchy and being improved upon but is great in continuing the game beyond the lengthy story line. Its classic GTA with a kick in the face. Expand
  5. Sep 20, 2013
    Now on about the 40th main story mission (stolen the last of 5 cars for a dude) plus done a lot of the "freaks" and other content. After buying 4 back in 2008, and giving up on it inside 90 minutes (I still think it's rubbish I have no sympathy for Niko and hated playing as him. In fact I would love to have played someone to shoot him in the face and end the game then and there when you really despise the character you're playing it's hard to play at all) this game is a complete turn around. Some of the missions are just unbelievable, the size and scope is amazing. Yeah the AI for something this size isn't perfect everywhere, but the gameplay mechanics are fabulous. I'm a PC games, and this is only the second action game I've ever bothered with on console (I much prefer mouse and keyboard most of the time) this is up there is not better than Red Dead (which is the other game I played). The story is hilarious mostly a couple of nasty bits, but mostly really funny. You get to like even the psychotic characters a little.
    Remember this is the "taster" the single player game is the entree to what's coming in a few days. People talk about the game that will topple Warcraft as an MMO? This is it.
    No bull when GTA Online comes out based on this play set this theme park... and with all the other items that are going live and planned over the next 12 months for Online this is the game that will finally challenge WoW for online numbers. And yes expect to pay a little for it either in micro transactions or a sub (probably the former).

My only puzzle is why bring it out on 2 consoles that are going to be obsolete 8 weeks later? Really odd choice. Am I going to have to keep my 360 and PS3 out alongside my Xbox1 and PS4 just to play this game (as neither console offers backwards compatibility)

The other thing here is, AAA studios bringing out GFX candy and open world action games for the new consoles have a benchmark to beat. Hell I can see the reviews now "How come this PS4 game has worse GFX and less to do than GTA V which is a last gen game"?

Conversations like that are going to be all over the place after November 2013 for the next 12 months at least. That's how high GTA 5 sets the bar.
  6. Oct 1, 2013
    Seriously? This is a video game. Having said that, GTA 5 ticks every damn box, its intended to be mindless, it's intended to be frustrating, it's sure as hell FUN, and if you are expecting to earn a college degree or reach metaphysical enlightenment during your time in LS, look somewhere else.
  7. Oct 2, 2013
    It's hard to write a review for a game like this. On one hand all I really need to do is. Umm... 10. Problem solved right? But.... I have to fill a word requirement. So all I have to say is: well, okay I don't know. Am I there yet? This is the greatest open world/city ever. It beats skyrim because it contains an actual CITY, not just a beautiful land. Am I there yet?
  8. Sep 30, 2013
    Best Grand Theft Auto yet. It really is extraordinarily vast in scope. The voice acting and story are superb. The graphics are incredible given the limited hardware (PC gamer here and I'm impressed). The city and country feel very real and your choices matter. I wasn't expecting to play my Xbox instead of my gaming PC, but here I am. I must warn you though, it's a VERY adult game.

Must
    buy. 9.5/10 (few graphical glitches and I had a few characters glitch out so I'll remove .5) Expand
  9. Sep 22, 2013
    God please forgive who didn't give a 10, they only wanted to get attention, one of the greatest games ever made and there's people giving a 0, what's wrong, wtf?
  10. Sep 21, 2013
    Its GTA its back and its definitely worth the purchase!
    You will cry you will laugh and you will be shocked through the 30+ hours playing this
    There is so much things to do and i swear you will never be bored playing this
    If it`s one thing i can think of that`s bad it`s the fist combat but it`s not really a big thing since the game does n`t center around it.
    Now for the low reviews
    this game has been given by
    Wanderlei
    kjm1986
    KriticalChaos
    flax0174
    javaleno
    You all can kiss my ass and f off with the score you are giving this, this game deserves the praise and hype and is more the worth the admission price!
    The fact you all are giving this such a weak score is cuz you are all most likely a pc elitist and want it on the pc. The score you guys are giving it is more suited for "ride to hell" because that is a piece of sit game.Not this!! So f you all!
    To everyone else i say buy this game it`s just amazing!!
  11. Sep 20, 2013
    If you give this game a score of under 10 you are obviously missing some brain cells with that said. Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Game of the year Expand
  12. Sep 20, 2013
    Absolutely astounding game, I can't say anything that anyone else hasn't already said, the only reason it doesn't get 10/10 is because of a few simple things, One, the multiplayer isn't out and won't be for another 11 days, so I can't give it a full score as I've not played the full game yet and because of the outrageous claims that this game is "100 Hours Long", which is a bunch of PR I got 100% in about 54 hours and I wasn't rushing, That's half the time they claimed, it's more than satisfactory, but why flat out lie? If they'd had said it's "55 hours long" i'd have still been impressed and would not have come out disappointed that it ended as quickly as it did.
    {Spoiler}
    Last is the unskip-able torture scene, while it's crucial and important part of Trevor character development, it isn't very pleasant and makes a lot of people feel uncomfortable, but I feel it has it's place in gaming as it's not condoning torture, by any means, it's showing how idealistic america thinks it is, when this game shows how really unnecessarily brutal it is, this stuff really happens and it's a real reality check to see it in the flesh.
  13. Sep 25, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto 5 is perhaps the most revolutionary game ever made. It sets a benchmark for all game developers to aspire to. Not only for GTA's sales but simply how incredible the game actually is. What is so great about Grand Theft Auto is that it unites the gaming industry, whether you like shooters, adventures or racing, there is no doubt that everyone comes together to buy this game.

I have no need to say what GTA is about because to be honest, you already know, but maybe you want to know if GTA 5 is the best Grand Theft Auto ever. Well the answer is yes. Not only does it offer a great story, it also has three overall outstanding characters that will entertain you throughout the game. In short its a mixture of San Andreas and GTA IV. The game offers you the enjoyment and entertainment of San Andreas and the rich and detailed story of IV.

Of course the game is not flawless, far from it. In my opinion the lime light was given to Michael who is clearly the main protagonist of the three. He has the best script and the best moments which I feel is unfair to the other two. They made Trevor seem like too much of a psycho as well. I have spoke to a lot of people who find him annoying/irritating which is obviously a problem for Rockstar. Only in the later stages did Franklin become the star character for me, while both Michael and Trevor were simply too insane for my liking sometimes, Franklin was the one who kept it together and provided sanity within the trio.

Despite those minor issues of mine, I without a doubt enjoyed every minute of the 33 hours I took me to beat the game. Grand Theft Auto 5 is the probably the 3rd best game I have ever played and is something the gaming industry will look upon in envy.

Grand Theft Auto 5 is simply one of the greatest games ever made.

10/10 Outstanding
  14. Oct 1, 2013
    Is in the best game ever? I don't know, but you can surely argue it. Its a magical game that is more detailed, has more content, and contains deeper writing than any game available on the market. at first i was slightly disappointed, but nothing can live up to the expectations set for a GTA title. however, this is a marvelous game that shouldn't disappoint anyone. no body who purchases this title will be able to keep themselves from finishing the game. if a game was ever worth $60, this is it. Expand
  15. Sep 29, 2013
    8.2 for a user score? i bet majority of those down votes came from PC users who cant play the game on their Elite PC with 1080p maxed out graphics AA 60 fps (throwing out PC jargons) things. seriously this game does not deserve even less than a 7 or 8 or heck even a 9!

My review
    This has got to be the best of the best of open world games, not even the likes of Skyrim or AC can match.
    There is always something fun about GTA like the cops, the cars, the cheats, the guns and GTA V adds more to that with likable cast of 3 main characters a finally interesting story and a lot of action and things to do

+everything
    -some glitches is hard to avoid in open world games but is forgivable

16. May 3, 2014
    Brilliant execution on nearly all points. Lag/chop on XBOX showing the age of the system, unfortunately. But you'll quickly forget about that annoyance as you get lost in the hours and hours of things to do in a beautifully crafted environment. Voice acting is stellar, heists are phenomenal, and we can finally save the game without having to go home to bed. Multiplayer is actually fun and almost as engaging as the single player. If you can't get behind bad protagonists, you're in the wrong game to begin with (your first clue should have been the title), and if you're complaining about the graphics you need your eyes checked. A++ for Rockstar. Will be playing this for a long time. Expand
  17. Sep 26, 2013
    GTA V is Rockstar's magnum opus, and is undoubtedly the best game of 2013.

Rockstar has redefined the boundaries of the definitive open-world genre, creating a new standard in both size and scale that all other sandbox games will be judged.

GTA V's cinematic storytelling and dynamic game mechanics blur the edges between gaming and film, fashioning an inherently unique experience
    filled with action, plot twists, and memorable moments that will keep gamers busy for quite some time.

The virtual world of Los Santos is a sprawling, satirical rendition of Southern California, complete with a smattering of region-based environments--from sunny beaches to forest-filled highlands--that are complete with flora, fauna and of course denizens.

GTA V's triumvirate of characters are all engaging and have their own personality traits and backstories, all of which are layered and weave into the game's story arc as to provide a unique spectacle of cinematic storytelling.

The game centers around heists and robberies, with traditional move-based themes featured in nearly every mission. The objectives and missions themselves are wide and varied, punctuating the main story with a variety of random content to enjoy.

All in all Rockstar has released a masterpiece of epic proportions that has re-shaped the open-world sandbox genre, culminating in an incredible gaming experience that permeates with quality, hilarity and of course explosive action.
  18. Sep 20, 2013
    What a piece of art, I have started my adventure with the newest GTA instalment yesterday and absolutely loving it! Rockstar did a wonderful job while creating such detailed, massive world here. This game take the best from the previous GTA games, Red Dead Redemption and Max Payne 3, to combine it into one of the best games that ever hit the shelves.The visual side is superb if you will consider the size of the game, obviously you cannot compare it to titles like Crysis, but still this is a massive open world game. The gameplay rocks, controls are solid and smoothly, there is a great improvement over the previous GTA titles. Some people are complaining that the shooting is not as good as in Max Payne 3, but please, this is an open world game and shooting is one of the many, many things you will do in this game, so you cannot compare the mechanics to AAA shooters, where the major focus is on shooting. Still it is very enjoyable and I cannot complain about the mechanics here. The story will keep you intrested and pushing forward to check what will happen next. I am still looking forward to start playing Trevor, as yesterday within the first 10hrs of gameplay I was mainly free roaming with Franklin, driving, enjoying the views, swimming, bike riding and checking all the things that the game offers at the beginning. One thing ref to issue with "play disc" install on XBOX hard drive I have installed the "instal disc" into my Xbox hard disc, whereas the "play disc" I copied into the HDD 500gb external disc (it is USB 3.0 but will still work OK if formated to FAT32). The games works very smoothly, within the first 10hours I havent faced any graphic/texture problems or bugs impressive job done on 8years old hardware! Great job ROCKSTAR! Thank you! Expand
  19. May 27, 2014
    after playing watch dogs today i realize that this is a masterpiece, i will play it until it hurts is just awesome, cant wait for a new Rockstar game, they deserve everything they have achieve, so many clones of GTA without any good result, so never betray the original sandbox masters.
  20. Sep 25, 2013
    GTA5 is fabulous, magical and wonderfully exciting. Surely stands as one or if not the best in the franchise that changed the world of gaming. Great game.
  21. Sep 22, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto 5 sets the bar for sand box games. You can do so many things in this game its ridiculous. I played a solid 42 hours of the game and I stopped playing because I had beaten the game and I needed to watch the new Breaking Bad episode but right before 9 o'clock I had beaten it there are 3 different endings. The gameplay was completely solid shooting, driving, and switching characters was so seamless and easy. I found myself loving all of the main characters equally. The heists were amazing and I cant wait for GTA online to go do them with my friends. Do yourself a favor and pick up this masterpiece. I have 292 hours on red dead redemption and I think I like GTA5 more and it is 10x better than GTA4. Expand
  22. Sep 26, 2013
    If you haven't played Grand Theft Auto V yet, I don't know what you're waiting for. Rockstar Games have always been known for making the absolute best third person action-adventure games of this generation. In fact, one of my favorite games of all time is Red Dead Redemption. They've always seemed to exceed the boundaries of what everybody expects their games to be like, and that's what makes them the superior developer of this generation. If you play Grand Theft Auto V, you will know exactly why I feel this way. GTA V is a prime example of Rockstar pushing things to the limit. The game world is massive, bigger than any Rockstar game that has ever been released. (Though, big fans of Just Cause 2 will probably find the world size pretty pathetic.) The world is huge, and it is filled with so many interesting things to see and do. If you thought that GTA IV was a live city, GTA V will feel like a living world. Environmentally, the visuals are absolutely astounding, and some parts of the city will leave most of you breathless. Though when it comes down to characters, if felt like some details were left out. And some characters faces appear very cartoon like. Though it doesn't really matter. Unfortunately, a huge (and beautiful) environment leaves room for error. Believe it or not, there isn't that much error at all. There are some bugs that appear occasionally, but they're not game changers. There are also some occasional texture issues. A lot of people are complaining about frame rate drops, but the only time I noticed this was while driving a submarine.

Enough about the presentation, it's time to talk about the 30+ hour story mode accompanying the game. In my opinion, the story is not as compelling or interesting as the well written story in GTA IV. Though it's compelling enough to make me want to play it more than once, which I'm already half-way through doing. The story is mostly focused around Michael De Santa, a former bank robber who has gone into a WitSec program, and is currently residing in his multi-million dollar home with his family, who is dysfunctional in every way. Michael's money is running low though, so he returns to the life of crime. For the first time in GTA history, the player can now play as more than one character. The second available character to play as is Franklin Clinton, a young gang member who constantly tries to survive in an ignorant street life with his old friend Lamar Davis. The third character is Trevor Phillips, one of Michael's old robber buddies who has gone completely insane. Interestingly enough, the three characters stories all intertwine, and this concept creates a fun campaign. The best part is that at any point (when not on a mission), the player can switch between characters. The ending on the other hand, is another story. To avoid any spoilers, the game let's you create your own ending with a tough decision that Franklin must make in the end. Some of them feel linear and short, and the others feel too good to be true.

Thankfully, the game handles way better than GTA IV. The shooting mechanics are better, the driving is more fluent, and it now features a more realistic flying system when it comes down to helicopters and planes. The cover system has also been improved, instead of a touchy cover system from GTA IV.

I'm going to relate back to what I said earlier, you have no reason to not have played GTA V. Though I wouldn't approve the game for anybody younger than 15 years old, it's a game I believe everyone should play before they move onto next-gen technology. Who needs the Xbox One when you have next-gen tech on a current-gen game? It is certainly one of the best games ever made.
  23. Sep 28, 2013
    Everyone that gave this a negative review obviously have NOT played the game. People are just on this to hate because it is getting the money it deserves. "A billion in three days? What is this COD? I'm gonna go hate on Metacritic because its mainstream which obviously means that its overrated!". GTA V has set a new high for gaming. It features some of the best narrative, gameplay, graphics and characters EVER in a video game. I got mad at myself for playing the game to fast, if that doesn't mean anything then you should play the game to see what I mean. You do NOT want this game to end! Its just to good! Michael, Trevor and Franklin are great characters and will be remembered for a long time. The huge beautiful world and millions of things to do make this game even better. And then on top of that there are the heists! I've been a long time gamer and I can say that the heist missions are some of the best levels I have ever played in a game! If I were to only have one game to play for the rest of the life I would be proud to have GTA V. Buy it if you haven't its well worth the hype. Expand
  24. Oct 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. GTA 5 is not perfect for sure, but I never played any games greater than it, so here goes the 10 score. None of the 0 or 1 scores/reviews makes sense to me, this game is a masterpiece no matter how you look at it. I have so high expectation in this game before release, and normally when you expected too much you will get disappointed; however, the quality of this game is beyond my imagination and I am happy with it. I am not a fanboy, there are tons of things I think can be improved in this game, but you have to admit that what Rockstar have achieved here is a technique magic.
    The other day I watched a review video, two guys in the video complained about implementing Tennis/Golf mini games in GTA 5, said no one cares about them and they just wanted to do more illegal things. Seems like it is impossible to make a change and satisfy everyone now days.
  25. Apr 19, 2014
    This game is amazing. The story is full of exciting missions and it also features a very interesting story. There are plenty of fun activities to do as well, such as hunting, racing, and plenty more. However, I do have a few complaints. First, the car customization is decen, but it pales in comparison to games like Forza, Midnight Club, and Saints Row. Secondly, there are only a handful of street races. Other than those few complaints, I think the game is perfect. Expand
  26. Nov 5, 2013
    I'm not usually that into Rockstar's games. I bought GTA IV a couple of years ago and never really finished it. The missions to me seemed very cookie cutter. Drive to point on map. Get mission. Chase/escort/kill someone. Run from cops. Lather rinse repeat. I bought Red Dead Redemption hoping the bold change in setting would grant some bold change in gameplay. I tired of that game as well. When GTA V came out and received the same raving reviews as IV, I was still skeptical. To be honest, the push to buy this title was the GTA Online game. Engaging in sandbox chaos amongst my online counterparts seemed like the change that would bring me back into the fold. As everyone knows, the GTA Online portion was BROKE. So until Rockstar developed the proper patch to undo that mess, I figured I'd give the actual single player game a try. I thought multiplayer would be the GTA fix for me, but was I ever wrong. Heists. Heists are exactly what I was hoping for with GTA. Planning out these heists give such a gravity to the missions. Preparation no longer equals finding the right blip on the map to drive to in order to initiate the mission start cut screen. I'm all in on GTA V and running scores. Expand
  27. Sep 26, 2013
    I held off reviewing this game untill today because I truly wanted to experience everything the game had. I wanted to get emotionally involved with the characters, I wanted to get absorbed in the storyline, I wanted to laugh at the crazy antics, I wanted to see the vast array of missions, I wanted to see what the game as a whole had to offer. And let me tell you when I say this game is an outstanding success in every way. My personal experiences with GTA games haven't gone great, I've always felt that the majority of them were clunky pieces of design which were often over rated and irritating to play. But with GTA V, they've completely flattened out any issues with the other games I had and generally improved it in other things. We're not just talking about one of the best games ever, what we're experiencing here is one of the most amazing feats of interactive entertainment in the modern era. Nothing I've played video game wise, watched film wise or interacted with entertainment wise, has had me more involved or entertained then what this game did. Of course there are times where it's a bit crazy and it pushed the boat a bit far, but this game ISN'T designed for kids it really is that simple. A fantastic bow out for this generation of consoles. 10/10 for me. Expand
  28. Apr 27, 2014
    It is rare to find an open world game that not only has a vast array of options for the player, but also has the level of polish that Grand Theft Auto 5 has. The main story may not have the focus that Niko's quest for the American dream had, and there are a few 'nit-picks' I have with Rockstar's choices e.g. flight controls, cheat codes not on phone. However these are small blemishes on an otherwise stellar video game experience. Expand
  29. Sep 21, 2013
    This is such a good game. I thought i was going to hate the driving but it is amazing. Te graphics are so good from the waves in the ocean to the highest point of a mountain this game is beautiful. The gameplay is actually GREAT for a sandbox game. The shooting is great and so are the missions. The character switching was executed very well and it is a nice innovation.
  30. Oct 6, 2013
    This was an amazing game, I loved almost everything about it.though the glitches where hilarious as heck,like shark swimming on the beach.

Rating's

Graphics *****
    Gameplay *****
    Sound *****
    Lasting appeal *****

[Flawless you ask I think not]

This game could hit game of the month,but watch dogs still looks like a great challenge.
  31. Sep 30, 2013
    GTA V is a giant masterpiece with close to no faults. It takes at least 80 hours to complete to 100%, the story is engaging, although a bit worse than GTA IV. Graphics are also impressive considering the age of Xbox and the scope of GTA. And it all runs fairly fluidly! Everyone should pick up this masterpiece. Everyone will find something to love (except butthurt PC fanboys).
  32. May 30, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V makes Hot Coffee look like ghost, the amount of nudity, drug uses, swearing and pretty much everything is here and it some how pulls it off with the great graphics and being good, the characters are something to care about, the heists are amazing (Certainly the Paleto Bay Heist) and a superb variety of stuff to spend on unlike GTA IV which lacked on stuff to buy.
    The
    only thing that ruins the GTA V experience is GTA Online, its not totally terrible, but it lacks on GTA V stuff, we haven't got the stuff we were promised and it is still buggy.

GTA V = 10/10
    With GTA Online = 9.2/10
  33. Oct 19, 2013
    Easily the best game of all-time. But I am confused.... why would it be "COD fan-boys" giving the game a zero bringing down the metacritic average? I LOVED Modern Warfare 2 and 3 (cannot stand black ops games as they are not remotely the same in feel or gameplay)... not because I am a fanboy, but rather that they are perfect games, unlike BF3, whereby you have fun and cannot hide in the pause menu or in the corner of the map for five hours, like BF3, with its 720p graphics, appalling sound, and community of knobs and noobs.... The only concession I must make, and it's a BIGGIE, is that MW2 and 3 are now overrun by hackers, which Infinity Ward and Activision are not removing, making their product defunct and unplayable.... because I paid for both games and elite, I truly believe a class action law suit should be initiated by consumers to bring them to their knees and bankrupt them, to send a message to all game makers not to disrespect their consumers and the reason for their entire existence.

By "fanboys" I think you mean astute gamers who know what they like. I am one of them... and I loved this game (GTA V)...

To suggest that lovers of COD would want to troll GTA V seems weird to me... what is the motivation? BF3 and other fanboy trolls will again ruin the MW: Ghosts score and it will be about 70 when should be 90, so it is not as if they are hoping to have the Ghosts score be higher as it simply never will be, and this game will just naturally be better because, as I said, it is the greatest game of all-time... objectively and subjectively observed & decided-upon...

This game is a 10/10. But then, like me, if you lost a character in the online portion, and I did, that will create some anger which will take a while to subside. Those guys had harsh luck and understandable pain with GTA V... none of this has anything to do with COD.... or being gay.. "butt hurts"?? Gee, I wish ten year old homophobic, catch-phrase-obsessed Americans would leave this space free for intelligent reviews and opinions. Just die already, seriously...

GTA V is the best PS3 and current-gen game of all-time. Easily. This COD fan boy thinks so anyway...... and if others don't, I fail to see why their COD-love (only newbies on COD or unco relentless runners or run/diers as they are known hate COD games) is relevant to any hate of GTA V.
    GTA V is not even an fps. Like, for f***'s sake....

Fanboyism without purpose or logic, is both tragic, but also largely non-existent and the figment of other fan-boy's imaginations. Sad but true. The negative nancys are not COD fanboys, but rather just bitter, sexually-frustrated, immature idiots with too much time and too little sense.... they hate because they chose to love the wrong game, or because they have not being able to get hold of this game and choose to hate so they are not missing out. It is all embarrassingly Freudian..... but since few gamers are older like me.... most are too young, dumb and full of cum, to even be aware of them humiliating themselves in spurts of ignored irrelevance.

And that be the truth, Ruth.
  34. Sep 25, 2013
    I could probably write a short essay about how incredible Grand Theft Auto V is, but I'll keep it short.

A brilliant, perfect length story, with a fantastic cast, set in a living, breathing, open world makes sure that the story aspect of Grand Theft Auto V is good. A large array of vehicles, with great driving and a fun modification system covers the vehicle aspect. There are enough
    weapons available, most of which can be modified, to provide a good range, without things becoming confusing, and when combined with a decent cover system, the weapons seem perfect. The in-game radio and other media is wonderfully satirical, and shamelessly mocks aspects of modern society. The world is big enough to keep you exploring for a while, but not so big that it seems daunting to attempt such a feat.

There are some tiny imperfections; you can mark point of interest, but not label them, and the clothing system doesn't allow certain combinations. But these are so easily overlooked, they are insignificant.

This game is a masterpiece.
  35. Sep 22, 2013
    No nead to ower rate I was like. But then... I saw metacritic score. This game is by far can NOT be the 2nd best game of al time after Legend of Zelda Occarina of time. This isn't that good. Its realy great but its max 9.5/10 great. How can this? Pass Half Life serries. Its just unacceptable. I would give 0 out of 10 but I am not a butthurt fanboy. The game is great But seriusly not in the top 10 best games of all time list Expand
  36. LTR
    Sep 29, 2013
    This game is a masterpiece.The story is fantastic,the characters are awesome,the gameplay is really fun,the missions are really fun and the world is beautiful.
  37. Oct 15, 2013
    Simply GTA V is the BEST game of this generation single player is phenomenal it is worth every cent and trust me i don't say that lightly personally i don't care care much about GTA Online i got more than enough amazing things to do in sp. :)

38. Sep 30, 2013
    Perfect, perfect, perfect. Absolutely perfect mechanics, hilarious and deep dialog, the characters begin to feel real as their relations develop. The only glitches are rare and are not game breaking or easily exploitable. Rockstar did an excellent job with this one.
  39. Sep 20, 2013
    The best game of the generation, and possibly one of the best of all time. One epic crime story packed into the most amazinh game world ever been. Unmissable, this is the dream come true.
  40. Sep 21, 2013
    Rockstar: Release GTA V on PC
    Because GTA is an amazing PC game and the idea of it not being on PC is a mistake!

Please, I must buy GTA 5, and not only me, but hundreds of thousands and even millions of PC players.! I'll take even a collector's edition. Just release it at least until the end of 2013, I want to play GTA 5.
  41. Sep 18, 2013
    This is by far the best game I've ever played. And I've played almost every game out there. It's like a mixture of car racing games, call of duty, and arcade games all in one!!!! The driving is amazing and the missions are breath taking I'm hooked onto this game like no Tomorrow rock star really went all out on this game!
  42. Sep 19, 2013
    GTA V. The last hoorah of the current generation consoles, and the fact that it's released only on the consoles is to me, it's biggest con. The game itself is utterly amazing, the characters are fun to play with, the game mechanics are smooth, the driving is a fun hybrid of GTA IV and San Andreas, the gun handling, aiming is all the best from all Rockstar Games, the amazing new features of stock exchanges and buying property add a lot of depth to the game. Scuba diving, hunting, tennis, biking, hiking, heists this game is pretty much all the best things crammed into one. The graphics are phenomenal and the best on Xbox and PS3 in my opinion.
    However, I think that bringing out this kind of hardware hard game was a mistake to bring out on the current gen consoles. Don't get me wrong the game works fine, but there are times when there are too many bullets shot at you, or the smoke covers up the screen ,or there are a lot of cars and characters in front of you that the game just lags. I think that it's this lag that really drags this game down from what otherwise would be the most perfect game ever created.
    Bring on the Next Gen and PC version Rockstar!
  43. Sep 20, 2013
    Five years ago I played GTA 4 and I really enjoyed it and while it wasn't perfect it was the next step in open world gaming. Two years ago I played Skyrim and thought it was the only game better at open world gaming than GTA 4. Now Skyrim is merely a pleasant memory because GTA 5 is here.

I started the game and was mildly disappointed with the start not that it's particularly bad it
    just wasn't what I waited five years for. However once the action moves to Los Santos the game is jump started into life and what unfolds is nothing short of a masterpiece and I go as far as to say it is the pinnacle of open world gaming.

You play as three characters giving a much greater variety in terms of the way the game is played and the ability to switch between characters means you can often skip those long drives back into the city. The Map deserves comment because it is huge and for once is totally accessible from the start which is a huge improvement from the ridiculous bridge closures of previous games. The missions are the best yet and revolve around Heists which are as exciting as they look in the trailers and have great replay value as they can be approached in a variety of ways. Mini games have been expanded and offer a good 20 minutes of distraction and with a vast array you could easily waste a day just playing them. The driving and shooting have been improved and mixed with the new special moves given to each character make for really exciting action sequences. Finally I have to welcome back the planes which are insanely fun and even though I'm a terrible pilot they provide a great way to get around.

In conclusion ignore the people who tell you it's just all the same because while, like the Elderscrolls series, it sticks to the core gameplay you loved back in 2001 it takes the gameplay and expands upon it in the most exciting ways possible in the process giving the gamer access to the most thrilling living breathing world available and I can't ask for any more.
  44. Sep 20, 2013
    Good game very beryGood game very beryGood game very beryGood game very beryGood game very beryGood game very beryGood game very beryGood game very be
  45. Sep 20, 2013
    First off the game is amazing. The story is also amazing. The reason why the game gets "bad framerate" is because they are pushing the limits on a majorly outdated console. If it were to get a perfect 30 fps then the graphics would look even worse. That is also why the loading times are long and the ground textures occasionally look like crap. Rockstar should have focused on a system that can handle what they were trying to accomplish; such as PC or the next get consoles. All of these current issues aside the game is great for what they can get away with on the current gen xbox and playstation. 10/10 gameplay. Expand
  46. Sep 20, 2013
    I have been having quite a lot of fun with the Grand Theft Auto franchise since my days with the original Playstation. I have always loved the level of freedom Rockstar has provided us gamers with so that we could put any insane virtual impulse to practice and have a good laugh about it.
    When I think about the time I spent with GTA IV, I remember that I had some conflicting impressions
    about the game itself: at the same time that I appreciated all the effort put into bestowing life upon Liberty City, and all the planning that went for erecting the plot (which I liked because of the critical perspective of the American Dream intelligently enabled by making use of the point of view of a foreign protagonist), I could not help but think about some elements that had been present in previous installments of the franchise (mostly San Andreas); namely the diversity of locations (mountains, countryside and sprawling highways in addition to the big-city-with-skyscrapers type of environment), the possibility of a more detailed customization of your character or your vehicles in order to adjust them to your liking, the presence of huge aircrafts to wreak havoc with; these things were not really possible in the world of GTA IV.
    A totally different scenario proves to be existent with Rockstar's latest masterpiece: in the very first hours of gameplay it becomes clear that the game is happy to provide the player with a deluge of possibilities, and the player (at least as far as my own personal experience with it) will most likely be happy to be engulfed by said potentiality of sheer fun and joy.

My main concern prior to actually purchasing and playing GTA V had to do with its bold implementation of three protagonists, rather than the established focus on a single person. Happily, after merely a few hours of gameplay, one can see that the tripartite way of telling stories works fantastically well; and it is praiseworthy to pull off such a thing as successfully creating three very distinctive characters that can even go so far as encourage you to have a unique play style for each one of them (a feat made possible by means of good character development).

Arguably, one of the most relevant elements of games in general is the gameplay itself, and I must say right off the bat that Rockstar once again scores a homerun: from selecting a radio station or weapon through a Red Dead Redemption-like wheel that slows down time, to moving or shooting or partaking in activities such as tennis or golf, everything seems to have fluidity; in effect, when comparing this game with its predecessor, it seems possible to assert that the developers have learnt a lot throughout the years and have improved upon every single aspect of their precious brainchild. Some people might take issue with that, though, in that some are saying that the driving mechanics as a whole is a lot worse than what we had with GTA IV. I believe this is very subjective, but my opinion is that, even though the driving was great in that game, GTA V makes things easier and, once again, more fluid. It makes driving more action-packed. Then again, people might disagree, this is but my personal account.

When it comes to graphics, suffice to say that there is nothing short of stunning in them. The developers have really mastered the technology that we have been using in this generation of consoles.

Well, I cannot talk much about the quality of the story itself, for I haven’t played that many missions (I’m afraid I more often than not get distracted by all the things I can do), but I am really happy with what I have seen thus far.

All in all, this is a true masterpiece and everybody who has the slightest interest in this kind of open-world genre should have a great time with this game. Just beware of your productivity (I mean it).
  47. Oct 1, 2013
    One word. Awesome.......................................................................................................................................................
  48. Sep 20, 2013
    I personally haven't finished the game yet, but it's perfect so far. I've had it since the release date, just haven't had time thanks to classes. But whenever I do get to play i play for hours on end and don't even notice. Great story. Great characters. Every gta game in one. I love it!
  49. Sep 21, 2013
    The game is one of the very few games which completely justifies the $60 price. This game has an amazing story, writing and gameplay. The driving is perfect and there is a lot of space to cover. This is also the best GTA yet and one of the greatest games of all time. The amount of stuff to do in this game is incredible and you will totally get lost into this living virtual world. Since it is a mainstream game, this game also gets a lot negative reviews from butthurt trolls, and it is not at all overrated. So what are you waiting for, go ahead and buy this game. Expand
  50. Sep 21, 2013
    Do not listen to any of the negative reviews, this game packs so much into one game. What really makes this game stand apart is in the details. Los Santos really feels like downtown LA. There is the constant hum from the highway and even sounds of someone racing down the highway much like here in AZ and I live next to the freeway. Going to the beach and hearing the waves lapping on the rocks looks and sounds like the real thing(i've been to the beach). Walking down the street you can eavesdrop on conversations, in one instance this girl was talking about getting breast reduction surgery, making it entertaining to just walk beside her hearing all about it. This game is so much more than just drive here, shoot here, it is a breathing and living city and you can do whatever the hell you want. Expand
  51. Sep 24, 2013
    I been waiting for GTA V since 2011 and it was definitely worth the wait, the map is incredible the game itself is incredible there are "Easter eggs" which is very cool and I don't understand why there are so many negatives maybe because of butt hurt, trolls that vote negatively because of COD of something, however the game itself is the best game I've ever played and I hoping that the game will be released on the PC soon. Expand
  52. Sep 25, 2013
    The Best Game Ever...thought it might drop the frame rate sometimes the world is so big its easily forgivable 15 hours in and i've only seen 2/3 of the map
  53. Sep 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. When I first heard GTA V was to be released, I thought to myself, "eh" but after finally getting it a couple days after it came out I can confidently say that it will suck you in and not let go. The action is easily the best I've seen from the GTA series yet. If that's not enough for you, how about heists that you can pull off, robbing jewelry stores, assembling a heist team, place getaway vehicles, choose strategies for said heist and run for your life when the cops roll up. Easily the most customized options for any GTA yet which I was looking forward to. There is a gratuitous amount of sex, killing, blowing up, burning, torturing and more that I've yet to even discover yet. I'm at 25% after 15 hours, and I must say I'm loving every minute of it. Trade securities on the stock market, rob stores, use special abilities for each character, use team synergy to smoothly run a heist and even more. If you're still questioning as to if you should get this game, then I'm going to say what are you waiting for? Oh and Online play hasn't been released yet, but will be soon. That's a whole different world that no one has seen yet. Expand
  54. Sep 25, 2013
    To anyone concerned with the nature of the content, this game is at it's core a satire. That is how I would explain the crude stereotypes that are make up most of the supporting characters. The violence in the game is explained in a very different way. With the exception of Franklin, who kinda is a stereotype, but definitely a likable one, Michael and Trevor are portrayed as sick twisted individuals. This game doesn't justify violence, it uses the violence to indicate just how on the edge these two characters are. Moments like one later in the game with Michael's daughter, indicate the effect that violence has on peoples life. In a minor mission, She calls you because she is scared of a stalker so you go help her. When you find the guy you chase him down. He says he's going to leave her alone, however you don't know if you can trust this guy and you just wanna protect your daughter, so you hit the guy till he stops moving. Once you get back to your car, your daughter is horified at what you did, she just wanted you to talk to him. It was a moment where I knew I had gotten caught up with the game and gone to far, but really, its just evidence that some morality does exist, and if read through the correct lens, this is maybe the least offensive GTA game ever. Expand
  55. Sep 26, 2013
    These days we get so used to game industry hyping there next game up to be the best, ground breaking, especially the big triple A franchise's, unfortunately we are also familiar with these games not really living up to the hype, but every now and again we get something very special..

Let me begin by saying GTA V is something very special, and one of the few games I can honestly say
    actually exceeds its pre launch hype, GTA V is not just a game its masterpiece! Now I understand the word "MASTERPIECE" is a very strong word but just like in the case of "THE LAST OF US" I think its more than deserved.

GTA V is the child of all the other Rockstar titles before it, you can see that R* haven't just been churning out titles and bathing in the profits, they have experimented and learned from everything that's gone before and this is the result.

The driving/combat mechanics have both been tweaked to an outstanding level, the combat is fluid and fun and you always feel connected to person your playing, more on that latter but they have done a great job here, the driving is the best yet of a GTA title, infact its the best of any title of its genre I've played, I say that because it does 2 things very well.. A) its fun, satisfying and at times intense, and B) it works well in the world it exists in, its never going to be Iracing but it works great in its setting, this tied with huge AI improvements makes for a nice experience, driving down the freeway having traffic traveling at believable speeds is a joy! When traffic is in full flow it can take a few seconds to overtake unless your in one of the super cars, standing on the side of the freeway you can feel the speed of the traffic its quite impressive. Would I change anything? of corse im not saying its a driving sim here, the brakes are to powerful on all cars
    Being my biggest gripe but like I said we're not talking expecting racing sim here standards here.

The new character switching new to GTA V is exceptionally well done, it was a brave move by R* to go down this route but they nailed it here and it pays off in bundles, switching from character to character never breaks the immersion and loading times are incredible all things considered, this new mechanic opened up the whole storyline making it possible for R* to not just simply offer 3 story lines and mission lines for the price of one but really flesh out the overall story and give a depth to that story that has never been achievable up untill now.

I could go on for ages talking about the things that GTA V does well, the love and commitment that has been thrown into it, its everywhere, the attention to detail is incredible, from the superb AI in the way it interacts with you and also the world around it, lure a shark into the beach and swimmers scream and race to the safety of the beach, one of my favourite pastimes is driving about in a convertible giving peds the middle finger and watching there reactions the fact that the anti crash buffers on the concrete lane dividers on the highways actually work by absorbing impact like its real life counterpart, the level of detail is incredible, it will have your jaw still hitting the floor long after the first few days of gameplay. The huge amount of things you can do is also very impressive and well done, the work thats gone into simply riding a rollercoaster for example, its not something that's just been thrown in to fill the game out its all received the same loving attention to detail.

However all this isn't the reason why GTA V is a masterpiece, its real secret is how all these beautifully crafted features are brought together into a package and how that package forms a living breathing world, most games run with a theme and nail bits on for good measure and to fill there features list, GTA V is very different in that all these little details create what it is, its an absolute joy to cruise down the road on a sunny day and let the game immerse you in its world, i'm a big fan of living breathing gaming worlds and this is by far the best ive ever experienced and by a good margin to.

The well written story is seamlessly cradled by the world its set in, something that is very rare, to capture that level of immersion and still give the player full freedom is a very fine line but R* have nailed it here, getting the player to fully immerse is a very difficult thing, thats what made TLOU the game it is, not for having any new super special mechanic, it just made you believe! And although these two games should not be compared you simply cannot ignore the fact that R* have hit that fabled sweetspot of a believable living breathing world where the story fits perfectly into it..

GTA V is a package loving sculpted into a rare masterpiece, and to say they did all this on current gen console specs is nothing short of witchcraft, titles like this don't come around to often so soak it up and enjoy it...

GTA V is a incredible achievement and a important milestone
  56. Sep 27, 2013
    Esse jogo fantástico, minha nota só não foi 10 porque o jogo força muito o canhão do meu xbox 360. Ainda aguardo a Rockstar possibilitar a instalação do disco 02.
  57. Sep 27, 2013
    Overall, the best GTA title to date, with the best characters for this type of game (no overdramatic story which doesn't fit with anything that the player is encouraged to do...I'm looking at you GTA IV), some of the best mission variety so far, incredibly fun handling where cars don't feel like old trucks sliding around on ice, incredibly good max payne-like shooting, a rich and massive environment that feels truly alive. Rockstar has basically nailed pretty much every core concept, as well as every minor one. People nitpicking that a game this massive might lack one or two elements from the previous games...get real. There is no sucg thing as perfection, but the game still deserves a 10 for managing to pull of everything it set out to. Expand
  58. Sep 27, 2013
    Anyone who can't appreciate the sheer size and scope of this game, as well as the fantastic interweaving storylines, is a fool in my book. GTA V is an incredibly satisfying and immersive experience.
  59. Sep 27, 2013
    I made an account just so i could review this game.

XBOX 1 quality game on the 360, the people at Rockstar show we don't need a next gen system to get better graphics. Why do we need a xbox 1 and ps4 when the 360 can crank right along side them when a studio actually puts the work in. I've played the xbox 1 and ps4, GTA 5 looks as good as AC black flag or Rise. So i ask why do we need
    new consoles?

Graphically it's the best looking game I've seen since I've bought an xbox360.(stop and think about this) Better then MW2 and better then Mass Effect 2 and skyrim and Assassins Creed 2. There is nothing about this game you can find fault with. I can't think of a game that does a better job of doing what GTA5 does. 3rd person shooter with cover system, better then Ghost recon, gears of war. Gun battles way better then COD and BF, 10/10. Story mode as good as skyrim easy. 10/10. Driving 10/10 better then forza horizon and probably more cars oh and bikes and bicycles, and boats, turn the lights off and on, put the tops up and down customize it, smash it, steal another one.. Flying 10/10 more realistic then ace combat. this game actually has wind and turbulence. gun selection and customization 10/10, RPG character customization, progression 10/10.

The storey, 3 main characters that easily could have their own game with the amount of content each has. By far the most diverse backgrounds ever. Trevor in particular, his missions are by far the most Hollywood and the best in the game. No mission in this game is boring and you will probably want to do multiple playthoughs just because it's so dang fun. 67 or so missions and not one of them is boring, stop and consider that! 67, I don't even think counting the side missions.

There is an overwhelming attention to detail never been done before. There is so much of it everyone has raised their criticism level to absurdity. You cannot put a shooting game, driving game, action or any game you can think of next to GTA5 not see how it beats everything at what it's suppose to specialize in. The computer AI alone is the best ever done. The cops tactically box you in every time no matter where you are on the map, go off road? they send in the choppah and swat repels from ropes. Los Santos has its own soul so similar to southern California it's scarey, i know because i live there. Flying in a plane over Los Angeles or San Diego at night looks just like it does in GTA5, right down to the yellow floods lighting the highways. The stock market, the television shows, the radio stations, traffic jams, people walking on the sidewalks, random events, everything about this game is just blowing everyone's mind so bad they can't comprehend what they are seeing. You can't bash something no one has ever done before which is attention to detail so high, Rockstar artists have to be boarder lining compulsive attention disorder and not taking their meds while drawing Los Santos.

All other games now have to compared to GTA5. it's now the pinnacle of what a game can be. I hope other studios "rise" to the challenge because it's just going to make everyone look real stupid when they put out a game on the xbox 1 or ps4 and it's not as good as this.

I urge everyone buy this game, play it till your eyes bleed and then say "thank you sir may i have another!" when GTA online goes live which is included with the game for free.
  60. Sep 27, 2013
    10/10, The only thing you can give a game with so much time that was put into it.
    Rockstar thought of everything. Tennis, parachuting, jets and heists, you name it.
    There are some issues, mostly because of the age of the consoles but still to make that good looking game on 6 year old consoles. They deserve everything they have, because they have made a second game that is the highest
    rated game on Metacritic. Well done Rockstar, well done. Expand
  61. Sep 30, 2013
    Most negative reviews on this game are fakes by trolls. You shouldn't listen to most of them. This is truly a masterpiece in gaming. The world size is so much larger and detailed than GTA IV. The graphics push current-gen hardware to the limits. IGN said that RockStar had improved GTA V from GTA IV in nearly every way, and I completely agree. They added realism where it was necessary, such as actually being able to destroy most planes at the airport, and removed realism where it was not necessary, such as being able to flip an overturned car easily. The world is so much more vibrant than the dull city from GTA IV. The stock market is genius, as what you do in the open world can allow you to deliberately affect the stock market to your advantage. The use of three characters keeps you interested in their personalities.

I strongly recommend this game to anyone who is a Grand Theft Auto fan, enjoys open-world games, or anyone else who wants to see something realistic and fun. Remember, many of the negative votes are unreliable, and are from trolls/haters. Give the user score time to improve, hoping more reliable reviews come in.
  62. Oct 2, 2013
    None of the negative user scores make any sense to me. I just want to address the major criticisms. The driving and shooting mechanics have greatly improved from GTA IV to the extent that I feel that i'm playing a much different game. Whats all this talk about the graphics being bad? Just one flight over the Los Santos midnight skyline is a much better visual feat than most other current gen games. There's also the criticism that the main characters aren't relatable and my question is what video games have actual relatable characters? Because space marines, faceless war soldiers, and Italian assassins are relatable? I didn't hear anyone complain about Master chief being unrelatable when he barely even speaks. The last criticism i'll address is that "the missions are the same thing". I couldn't disagree more iv'e done things ranging from repossessing cars, driving on trains, kidnapping people, getting into hood shootouts, torturing people, performing heists, skydiving unto fbi buildings and the list goes on. It isn't the absolute best game ever but all this biased negative feedback is childish and makes it seem as if the people posting the reviews never even played the game. Expand
  63. Oct 20, 2013
    Every thing about this game is great, everything is possible and makes there no point in buying any other games for the next decade. Nothing is perfect, and, in truth it deserves a 9.7
  64. Oct 20, 2013
    If I could recommend you a true generation defining game I would tell you about GTAV. This game often brings me the nostalgia of San Andreas. The 3 main characters bring innovation to a series which is going anything from gone 10/10 Masterpiece
  65. Oct 21, 2013
    GTA V is a reasonably good game, great graphics, good story-line, able to immerse myself quite easily. Online segment is good, but not great, some bugs and connectivity issues, but then with tens of millions of people trying to join at once, what do you expect?

10/10 would buy again (and I am, on PC)
  66. Oct 24, 2013
    GTA 5 is easily the best game of this generation and any review that gives it a 0 is clearly not serious in any way shape or form. Rockstar have created a masterpiece on very ageing systems and have squeezed as much potential that gamers didn't even know existed as this game pushes the boundaries and excels past any title in existence on the 360 and PS3.

The wonderful location, the
    stunning characters and intriguing story make this an amazing experience. The sheer attention to detail is unreal and the story just flows beautifully. The fun factor combined with the online feature is just brilliant and can be enjoyed for hours day after day.

In terms of longevity; the game does lack once the main story is completed as a solo player. You have a few minor missions which offer little in interest or fun, the mini games tire after a while and most of the city becomes obsolete which is a shame. The customisation isn't quite as in-depth as Saints Row and I feel R* gave a false impression when we assumed you could purchase properties dotted around the city when you only have fixed safe houses. With no gang territories to capture; the City can feel bare on completion so DLC may be a necessity and considering how much of the stunningly detailed city is untouched; I think it's a distinct possibility.

Despite the flaws; this game pushes the consoles to the limit and surpasses anything we've seen in this generation.
  67. Oct 25, 2013
    It's an amazing game but sadly some trolls are making it look like a decent game. It's also a very big map and has many things to explore. Just watch out for a Mexican gang in the wilderness though. Not the best game in history but definitely one of the best!
  68. Oct 27, 2013
    This game seriously can't be praised enough!! I'm constantly in shock in regards to how big the world is and how much you can do. The story is incredible, the voice talents are phenomenal and the game play is second to none. I have been a hard core gamer for many many years. I can honestly say this game has is definitely in my top 5 of all games played. We need to reward game studios for their efforts because it encourages them to push the boundaries and provide us with hours of enjoyment. I hope they come out with DLC... I'm not ready for the Los Santos story to end anytime soon!! Expand
  69. Oct 29, 2013
    This game is beautiful. The graphics are a huge improvement from GTA 4 and I believe that it is on of the best games of the generation. There is always something to do, steal a jet, jump off mount Chiliad, the possibilities are endless. 10/10
  70. xa4
    Nov 3, 2013
    All what I'm disappointed in GTA5 is the terrible score users gave it, and GTA5 deserves a perfect score of 10/10 or atleast a 9 to be fair. Honestly, I hope all those awful people who gave it a zero must be some sort of a special retard 'cause they don't know what they're talking about!! Please retards, it's already hard enough to not use mean words and bad language on you morons...

Right, back too the review...

If you played every game out there that exists on xbox, you should probably know how flawless and excellent GTA5 runs on the 360 system for such a outrageously huge game with tons of features, story contexts, beautiful graphics, gameplay dynamics and physics etc.

GTA5 is simply just a spectacular piece of art by Rockstar© and I salute to them for such a wonderful achievement of a title in gaming history.

And please to those who haven't played GTA5 yet, don't believe what the retarded morons of noobville has to say of this great establishment in gaming.

Ps. This game is not for the faint hearted, and if you don't like it then don't review it! 'Cause then it is not meant for your liking....
  71. Jan 21, 2014
    Best game I have played!

Ratings:

Graphics: 9/10

Storyline: 7/10

Gameplay: 10/10

Characters: 10/10

Instead of buying a next gen console and replacing it, go ahead and buy this for the next year or two!
  72. Jan 7, 2014
    This is the best game I have ever played, the story is great, and hilarious, and the side missions are just great, for example strangers and freaks. But it's not only the missions and the side missions, the map is huge so it's awesome just cruising in a muscle all around los santos. This game should get a WAY better score then it does.
  73. Feb 20, 2014
    Best Game Everrrrrr!!! The games story wasn't the best but it was just so fun and just the humongous size of the map was very impressive. The graphics were also very good and it had some funny parts in it that just make you laugh. I have never liked the auto aim and i didn't like it here but it was fine since I was still able to get passed all the levels.
  74. Apr 16, 2014
    Awesome graphics,awesome game play,awesome story,everything in this game is awesome.The mechanic of use 3 characters in the same time works pretty well.The multiplayer is one of the best online modes I ever seen.Better than San Andreas,better than GTA lV,the best GTA of all time(until now,of course)
  75. May 22, 2014
    Okay, Arguably the Biggest game of the year, and one of the last big games of the generation, GTA V had a lot of hype surrounding it. And I'll just say that it was worth the wait. The game is pretty damn good. Now some people are gonna disagree with me on certain things I write in this review, most probably about the multiplayer portion of the game, GTA Online. But let e start off with the story portion of the game. It's definitly the best thing you'll get out of this game, at least at the moment. The characters, the setting, the vehicles, the guns, the side-quests, the entire GTA V universe is amazing. The feeling I got after I'd installed the second disc and the game finally began, was just.... damn. I was basically like OHHHAAWWWW SHEEEIT , OH MAH GAWD GTA V, OH MA GAWWD LOOK AT THE GRAPHICS THIS IS THE BEST GAME EVER MADE. Basically, it was hype. Now the game starts off really well, with really likeable characters and good missions, that aren't just go here then there, kill this guy or whatever. they're well mixed and varied. The game actually features some of the best missions in the series, and they usually involve Trevor in some way or form. (Best character in my opinion) The heists are some of the most memorable moments i had with the story mode, especially a certain one, mid way through the game that involves a minigun. But they're not the only stand-out moments, the story between Michael and Trevor is the main driving force through the game, and they're involved in some of the best bit's, with some real tense moments throughout the story. The other character i've not mentioned is Franklin, who in my opinion is out shined by the other two when they're all together. Franklin was best when he was on his with one or the other, or when he was with others, such as Lamar. (who's a really good character as well). The story is filled with well written characters who you'll love and hate, and some great twists and turns.

Now what most people care about is the actual gameplay, which i can say is as fun as it has been. Now there are some changes to how the game plays, which is expected.

The biggest difference from GTA IV is the driving. It's a lot more fast paced and responsive the it previously was, with it veering more towards the feel of the 3D era GTA games, (GTA III, Vice City, San Andreas) which i think is good direction to go in. I didn't have a problem with GTA IV's driving physics, but it did take me a while to get used to them, and I can see that some people would prefer it to GTA IV's. Planes return at last, along with helicopters, boats, cars, motorbikes and bicycles(Finally!). A new addition to the family is the submersible, a submarine that allows easy exploration of the sea. The beautiful sea. Seriously, the sea looks amazing. Water reacts realistically, with waves becoming bigger and more violent during storms, rocking your boat all over the place. The sea is also fully mapped, with collectables scattered throughout it. You can also take a diving suit out, a swim underwater freely, without the need to go back up for air.... Although you may want to keep your wits about you unless you want to become shark food.

Animals have finally arrived into the GTA universe, although they are only really there to immerse you more into the game, they don't really serve any purpose like they did in Red Dead Redemption, another Rockstar game. There is a hunting mini game, but it's not as accessible as it was in Red Dead. When you've done it once, you've really experienced all it's got to give.You can even have a go at bounty hunting, although there are only four bountys in the entire game. Tennis, Golf, Darts and Yoga are Among the more conventional minigames you can have a go at, which is strange because I though they would have included all the other ones for GTA IV and it's episodes, which included Air hockey, Bowling and Pool, all of which would have been great for multiplayer. The story mode is great though overall, with a ton of stuff to do. Loads of missions, side missions, collectables, money to be made (use the stock market!) and fun to be had messing around in the world.

Now to the online portion of the game, GTA Online was hyped up immensely in the pre-release videos that were released for the game, and I have to say that it isn't as good as people expected it to be. While it was said that there would be tons of vareity to the game, and loads of different things to do, it really comes down to what you and your friends come up with while playing to keep the game entertaining.
    Obviously there's a lot of improvement over GTA IV's multiplayer, which was pretty basic, but for some reason i prefer GTA IV's multiplayer over V's. With GTA IV's multiplayer, there was no reason to get angry or annoyed with the game, there was never any penalties for dying or messing about , that's what made it so great. With GTA V's multiplayer, It makes you feel a lot more restrictive in how you play. It's the $.
  76. May 27, 2014
    An awesome game ! I did not liked GTA 4, I was waiting for an other GTA like the San Andreas episode.
    A fun, beautiful and very distracting game ! The Online is a real big change and a good surprise too !

Story is awesome
  77. May 28, 2014
    One of the only games I give a 10, besides Playstation exclusive The Last Of Us.

What I consider a 10 game is a well developed story, filler activities that keep you engaged, and the replay value. This game gave us excellent graphics, almost photorealistic on the Xbox 360, a funny and intriguing story, and lots of things to buy the money you earned in the game with. Now every game has
    its flaws, the online component of the game could be updated more often, it can get insanely repetitive, and not enough cash is there to be made. This is largely due to the fact that GTA:Online has micro transactions, so they are trying to box players into buying more in game money, because it takes so long to build up enough cash to do what you want online. I take issue with that in some regard, but hey companies have to keep revenue going somehow. Other than that the game is truly a masterpiece. Expand
  78. Oct 3, 2013
    GTAV is the best game if all time. Even with the early connectivity issues for the GTA Online, it is an amazing experience, just so easy to get consumed in the Los Santos world. Actually completing missions, or just murdering randoms, then escaping from police, this game is a must buy. Anyone who doesn't like this game is not alive or has never actually played it.
  79. Nov 6, 2013
    This game is wonderful. From story to multi-player, everything feels polished and well thought out.

I have had more fun on this game than I have in years. Welcome back GTA.
  80. Oct 6, 2013
    I am only rating this as a response to all the dummies that gave it a 0 or a 1 just to try and bring the score down. Rate stuff accurately you idiots, otherwise this site becomes useless. The game is in the range of 8 to 10 depending on particular elements. A 0 or 1 rating would suggest it is one of the worst games of all time. Really?
  81. Oct 7, 2013
    If you're the average twenty-something, you've probably become a little jaded and bored of the same old thing every year with sequels. Grand Theft Auto V definitely delivers more of the same, but it also offers way more than I would ever have expected. Immersive is the word that comes to mind. Rockstar have really outdone themselves this time. There's just so many good things to point to that it's a little overwhelming. The sheer scope of Los Santos alone, from a hillside at night will actually give you chills. The graphics are simultaneously breathtaking and retro, and yes, I mean that even on a console.

This game is dense with quality fun. The satire is fresh, hilarious and in your face around every corner. Rather than go into detail, I'll just say that I highly recommend it to anyone, if only for the experience. Kids, this is San Andreas all over again, and I couldn't be more satisfied. Money well spent!
  82. Oct 23, 2013
    You know that feeling you get... that sad feeling you get when Christmas day is over and you realize that the day you've anticipated for so long has come and gone? That's how I felt when the credits started rolling when I completed GTA 5. This is actually the first GTA I've played. Yes, there are shocking moments, but this game is a masterpiece. It's my guilty pleasure for sure. The story is awesome and the gameplay is so fun. Worth every penny and more. Expand
  83. Nov 7, 2013
    It is a great game actually the best game in Quality terms that I ever played. The world is that detailed that you would concider it art in a technical sense, not in an intellectual way, though it is a nice satire on nowadays society like the Simpsons for example.
  84. Dec 19, 2013
    Absolutely the first GTA since San Andreas that I can't find a fault in, just awesome game and only complaint is the radio isn't quite as good as I thought it would be. Characters are well thought out but I do miss the Celebrity Cameos but I'll forgive that, worth the wait!!!!
  85. Apr 5, 2014
    A superb creation of incomparable detail and awe that is filled to the brim with interesting content and hilarious satire of American culture. The story focuses on three anti-heroes who pull off a series of explosive heists. The single-player took me about 50 hours to complete, including a few of the shenanigans and side-activities I participated in. I have put almost 150 hours into the online portion of the game that is, while flawed, an extremely fun variety of missions, races and deathmatches of the highest caliber. Grand Theft Auto V fulfills the empty promises Grand Theft Auto IV put forward back in 2008 and I think it's safe to say that the game is possibly the best open world game ever crafted. Bravo Rockstar. Expand
  86. Nov 21, 2013
    Everything Grand Theft Auto was imagined and suppose to be. After being an overrated sandbox game for years Rockstar managed to put out one of the game with the most value and depth out there. Should not disappoint anyone. Racing feels as fun as any racing game out there. Integrated Social Club is a nice touch also.
  87. Oct 11, 2013
    GTA V is a new king of genre and best game in franchise. Incredibly looking, diverse world, various and funny gameplay, user friendly in a good way, improve in many aspect. Interesting, ordinary and deep 3 characters from different places, with totally different social status and ground. interaction with and between them, dramatic and cool story. If you have something against this game than it`s probably your personal wishes, not objective problems.
    I absolutely accept low ratings because of GTA Online. But only it. If someone gave this game 4-0 rating just for SP, than he sure don`t know much about games and it`s history(especially) and he only play a real gamer. He is not bigger gamer than my grandma. If he/she play games, than it`s worst than when he never play any game. Cause he/she doesn`t have gamer heart.
  88. Oct 6, 2013
    after around 55-60 hours of GTA V i can definitively say this is the most fun i have had with a videogame in a long time. this game is so many games in one and often does it better than many other straight driving, sports and shooting games. with the addition of a huge story, tonnes of cool and interesting characters, great character customisation and so many things to discover, see and do within the world i can't recommend it highly enough. Expand
  89. Sep 21, 2013
    A strong and mature tale of three criminals, painted under the beautiful sun-drenched setting of San Andreas. Rockstar Games definitely spared no expense making sure that every detail that could fit into the 7 year old consoles was in the game, making this the most packed GTA tittle to date; full of things to see and do. It blends all the great elements from Rockstar's recent tittles to create a perfect gameplay balance, full of WOW moments. The game comes highly recommended, but keep the children away. Expand
  90. Sep 27, 2013
    This one should have been a 10 out of 10. If I could say anything to Take 2 it would be that to make the perfect game, all you have to do is give me good gameplay mechanics and tell me a good story. That's all there is to it, so it isn't rocket science. By comparason with Take 2's savage sendup of the immigrant experience in GTA 4, their story in GTA 5 is tame and dull. I stopped caring about all three of the characters about halfway through the game. I also found myself wondering where the satire had gone.
    However, the city and vehicles may have been enough to save the experience for me had the money making aspects of the game been decent. Here you have properties worth $150,000,000 and no real hope of actually making that much money during the game. Yes, you can hang around and day trade for a year, and maybe get enough money eventually, but I will have moved on to the next Assassin's Creed long before that happens. But, you say, how about Franklin's assassination misssions and the opportunities you have there? Well, if you are offline, you only get two of them, which brings me to one of my biggest gripes, which is the manner in which the online features interfere with the single player game. I have lost patience with these constant attempts to force me to join some BS gaming community just to get the full value of my purchase in terms of the solo play. Playing offline locks me out of the BAWSAQ, which wouldn't be too bad if so many of the investment opportunities, offered by the missions themselves, weren't locked into it. It's a crappy thing to do, Take 2, and I don't take kindly to it. It kind of makes me feel like you are trying to rip me off somehow. Strike one.
    Then there is Chop. Apparently he can be trained, but not unless I download some BS IFruit App. Strike two.
    Even the enormity of the map is problematic because there is no fast travel feature. Too, there is at least one series of challenge missions that is buried so deep in the game that it is unlikely to be found absent online prompting. Some people may find that sort of thing fun and engaging, I just find it cheap and boring.
    While the idea of being able to switch between 3 characters is a nice innovation in concept, but given just how dull these three guys are, it is no substitute for good story telling.
    So, while the game is pretty, I can't say that I have enjoyed it any more than I did GTA 4, and in fact, have enjoyed it substantially less.
    All of those gripes aired, I am still going to rate it at 9 out of 10. I thought that GTA 4 was nearly the perfect video game and I don't think that GTA 5 improves much on it except in a technical sense, but the technical presentation of GTA 5 is mind blowing. The game is technically flawless, and I have never seen better graphics in any xbox 360 game ever. Given the expanse of the map, you'd expect some popup at least, but the way in which the installation and the play disc interact to take advantage of all the machine's capabilities, eliminates most of it. The audio is excellent and there is no end of variety among the available radio stations, although I have not yet found the talk radio of LS to be anything like as hilarious as that found in LC. I'll give Los Santos this much, the music is better.
    Even given the dullness of the story and of the characters themselves, and even given the arguably crippling effect of tying ones ability to make money to his internet connection, GTA 5 is still a good time. There is definitely enough going on in Los Santos to keep one busy.
  91. Sep 19, 2013
    Greatest game ever in my very honest opinion, every penny profit R* make from this game is well deserved! it has set a new standard in gaming that very few developers could ever achieve! I could spend all day just talking about how great it is, but you have to play it yourself to truly understand the scope! well done Sam, Dan and the rest of the amazing team which made this game what it is. On a side note I've noticed a lot of negative reviews for this game on Metacritic, If you truly believe this game is rubbish and not worth a second of your time then fair enough! but if you are going to post bad reviews based on the fact a PC version has not been announced then maybe you don't deserve a pc version at all! R* have made GTA games like this for ages, what makes people think that they should be self entitled to something just because they play pc? most smart people nowadays own a pc and console. Expand
  92. Sep 20, 2013
    This is such a difficult game to score. It's comfortably the best overall GTA game ever made in my view (note the word "overall"); however, it has just too many minor faults and annoyances to give it the perfect score.

First up graphically, it's a little disappointing. This isn't helped by the incomprehensible decision not to release on the PC simultaneously. There is a fair amount of
    frame rate issues as they get every last bit of life from the ageing Xbox 360 architecture. The end result is game that looks stretched to the seams.

Secondly, the mini games are by and large a massive disappointment. Tennis is abysmal (they could have taken the mechanics from a famous old Sega Saturn tennis title and placed it in the game wholesale and it would have improved things massively), triathlon is torturous etc. It's a big issue because the mini games should be an entertaining distraction when you want a break from the main game, and an overall addition to the sandbox environment that you should look forward to as you drive past instead, you'll play them once and avoid like the plague.

Third whilst the story is "good", I wouldn't call it a masterpiece of a script. The overall arch is strong enough to maintain interest, and the characters of Michael and particularly Trevor are very strong. The problem is the three character mechanic, which is both a blessing and a curse. It produces a wonderful new play experience, along with a disjointed narrative that jars for the first 10 hours of gameplay until you adjust somewhat.

Other minor nuisances are the reduced car damage physics in comparison to GTA IV (you can hit a truck head on and survive nine times out of ten), the minimap is very primitive and on a "slant" which makes navigation difficult to begin with, certain aspects of the game are poorly explained by the on screen tooltips and the 8GB storage requirement was poorly communicated before release, catching a few consumers out.

But that's pretty much where the faults end and the fact it's easier to list the faults says it all. In fact, I'm clearly nitpicking! Sure, they deserve a mention, but none of the above are game killers and are nowhere near close to being so.

It's the jack of all trades of gaming it takes the best of Skyrim, Red Dead, GTA IV, Saints Row and seemingly every other AAA title this generation has to offer, slaps a beautifully realised world around the core mechanics, covers in delicious social commentary and parody and ultimately serve up a monumental gaming experience to a voracious gaming community.

It's an astonishing entertainment title, but is it the best "game" ever? In my opinion, no in fact, I don't even feel it's the best of its generation. But I can certainly understand those who feel it is, and with the multiplayer to come I have little hesitation in recommending this title to every gamer.
  93. Oct 14, 2013
    Only thing I can say about this masterpiece is: BEST GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED IN MY LIFE!!!!!! This is one of the greatest experiences you will have in any console EVER, BUY IT NOW!!!!!
  94. Oct 10, 2013
    Its back and better than ever,This addition to the GTA franchise pays pure tribute to Rockstar Norths' passion for great open world games.The ups,and the downs make this game one of the greatest games ever;Balancing user play with a rich and colorful plot line.As for the multiplayer aspect,the game becomes a rounded experience where the game can be played competitively,or explored with friends.If i were to guarantee a game this year,it would be GTA V. Expand
  95. Oct 3, 2013
    This is a prime example of why game developers should not release a game every year. The shear scope and polish on this game is daunting. Some reviewers are complaining of bad graphics but considering the size of the world and the fact that its on hardware from 2006 is nothing short of a miracle. The only real issue I have is making money in single player is slower than it should be. The multiplayer is going through its hiccups but from what I've played it has tons of promise. Expand
  96. Oct 7, 2013
    Oops. Sorry. I've accidentally post my review on the XBOX 360 version. See my review for the PS3 version. Sorry for the mistake. I haven't been on the site for awhile. My apologies.
  97. Sep 30, 2013
    This game is awesome. This game has so much to offer. You really get your moneys worth. Don't listen to the trolls. I give this game a 9 and the only reason it does not get a 10 from me is there is no Heavy Metal station.
  98. Nov 1, 2013
    This is the best Ps3 game that i ever played and i think this game deserves a better user score. Wonderful musics original speechs biggest game map that ever build. Amazing
  99. Oct 16, 2013
    AMAZING... AMAZING story... AMAZING characters...

Steven Ogg (Trevor), Ned Luke (Michael) and Shawn “Solo” Fonteno (Franklin) are outstanding actors!

This "game" is way beyond anything ever made.

DOT
  100. Jul 4, 2014
    The Singleplayer is entertaining and the production value is high. However a lot of the side-missions lack incentive for completing and serve only as minor distractions. Though to the games defense they are all well made and fun. This also applies to the story-missions, which are all entertaining and add twists to what some consider a monotonous formula of "drive here and either shoot, collect or chase something."

GTA online is great. Lot's of modes and missions to play, some are incredibly fun. One that I enjoyed tasked two teams of four with collecting a package and returning it to their home base. The result was an explosive game of tug-of-war. There's a lot to say about GTA-online, but really all you need to know is that it's fun and the range of customisation is impressive.

1. Dec 12, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto V offers one of the best sandbox experiences ever, filled to the brink with stuff to do. The vistas are magnificent and amazing stuff just seems to happen wherever you go. But at the same time the story is tired and the characters unoriginal. Your appreciation of Grand Theft Auto V will depend of what you want out of the series. The freedom and joy of discovery is hard to beat but the rest still has some ways left to go.
  2. Nov 6, 2013
    GTA V continues the game series' tradition of raising the bar for open world action games.
  3. Nov 5, 2013
    Tons of gameplay hours, plenty of missions and activities with an awesome collection of vehicles of various modes of transportation and a large array of firearms put the grandeur once again into Grand Theft Auto.