8.1

1. Jul 22, 2014
    Ridiculously good game. Possibly the best as far as sandbox shoot/drive games go. Tons of little details that will make you say, "that's crazy!"
    Colorful characters, great physics engine, silky smooth gameplay AND online play. What more could you want?
  2. Jul 14, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V. Grand Theft Auto is a series that I was waiting to get my hands on ever since I started playing video games, which was back when I was seven. Back in June, I got that chance when I started playing GTA IV. I will review that game later, as I unfortunately have not completed that game's main story missions yet. This is mostly because I got GTA V only a couple of weeks later. So, is this game deserve the 2013...game...of...okay, you know something, forget the intro, you all know what I'm going to say. This is probably one of the greatest games I have ever played, if not the greatest. Everything about this game is amazing, and Rockstar should be proud of themselves for making it. The gameplay of this game is insanely fun. It gives you a massive open world that you are free to explore from the beginning after completing just the first couple of missions. There is so much to do in this open world that it is insane! You can follow the game's story as you do missions, participate in activities in Los Santos such as tennis or watching movies, customize your characters by giving them different clothing and hair cuts, and so much more! Of course, if you want to just go around shooting everything you see, you can do that too. You can also steal and drive cars. The driving in this game is fantastic! I haven't played a game with driving good since Mario Kart. All of the cars handle nicely, and I feel more like it's my own fault that I crashed in this game than in any other game. The shooting in this game is nice too. You can take cover behind pretty much anything in the open world of Los Santos and shoot from behind cover. As stated however, there is a lot more to do in this game than just driving and shooting. You can also play sports, watch movies, go on the internet, or just explore the state of San Andreas. There is also a main story for you to follow, involving three main characters, Michael, Franklin, and Trevor. This brings up another great thing about the gameplay of this game: there are three main characters, and you can switch between them at any time. They aren't different gameplay-wise, other than their special abilities that make them unique such as Franklin's slow-motion driving. However, they more than make up for this with their different personalities, which I will go over in the story section of this review. It is also remarkably bug free, throughout my playthrough of the game's story, I only encountered one bug while I was playing. However, once I died, the game immediately went back to normal. The story missions are all really fun to play despite a few bugs here and there. It is definitely better than Skyrim was with bugs (Skyrim is still amazing, don't get me wrong, but there were several bugs in it). Overall, this game's gameplay is fantastic, no matter how you decide to play it. As for the graphics, not even Far Cry 3 competes with this game's beautiful graphics. That's right. I have found a game that actually looks better than Far Cry 3. This game is about as realistic as graphics in a video game can get. The game's graphics are vibrant, colorful, and perfectly replicate the looks of a city in California, and the Californian countryside. Everything is rich with detail in this game, and beautiful to look at. As for the story, I think I have a new contender for best story in a video game. It might even make BioShock Infinite's story look bad. This game's story takes you across the state of San Andreas with the game's three main characters. There's Michael: a retired bank robber who just wants to be with his family, Trevor: a psychopath who was a former partner of Michael's, and Franklin: an African American who is new to the criminal scene, and just wants to make a lot of money being a criminal. What follows is a story filled with illegal acts, grittiness, humor, and a fun ride from start to finish. Overall, this game's story is one of the greatest I've ever heard in my life. This game really is a fantastic game from start to finish. It is one of...no, it is the greatest game I have ever played. There is not much more that needs to be said. This game is so good, that I just can't put it down, even after completing its story. All I can say is, if you own an Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3, you absolutely need this game. If you don't own it, go buy it now. Just make sure you can take this game's controversial content.
    Gameplay: 10/10
    Graphics: 10/10
    Story: 10/10
    Overall: 10/10
  3. Jul 5, 2014
    Great Game, I didn't expect that something could reach SA level, but this probably did. Great immersion, great music, great story, superb gameplay.

Good job.
  4. Jul 4, 2014
    The Singleplayer is entertaining and the production value is high. However a lot of the side-missions lack incentive for completing and serve only as minor distractions. Though to the games defense they are all well made and fun. This also applies to the story-missions, which are all entertaining and add twists to what some consider a monotonous formula of "drive here and either shoot, collect or chase something."

GTA online is great. Lot's of modes and missions to play, some are incredibly fun. One that I enjoyed tasked two teams of four with collecting a package and returning it to their home base. The result was an explosive game of tug-of-war. There's a lot to say about GTA-online, but really all you need to know is that it's fun and the range of customisation is impressive.
  5. Jul 4, 2014
    OK, there isn't much to say about a game that cost nearly 265M of US dollars to produce. It's plain perfect. A complete GTA game and the best (along with Vice City) ever created in video games' history (at least for this gen). I hope Rockstar will use the raw potential of the much more powerul XONE and PS4 and create a sequel that'll make once more our jaws drop (like GTA V did when it first hit the market). 10/10 for sure! Expand
  6. Jun 28, 2014
    Having been a long time Gta fan, I thought to myself, could Gta V really beat San Andreas. Yes and well no, Gta V is a masterpiece no doubt, with its immaculate graphics and innovative character storytelling however the unexplainable feeling of accomplishment that was felt in San Andreas was somewhat missing in-existent, It almost made me ponder if such a story as Gta Sa could be beat... Then I went on line. Boom everything that I could imagine came to life. The world and everyone in it, is your sandbox. With non stop dlcs, you can finally show off all that training to others or share in the beautiful world that is San Andreas Expand
  7. Jun 23, 2014
    Summary: Los Santos is a sprawling sun-soaked metropolis full of self-help gurus, starlets and once-important stars. The city was once the envy of the Western world, but is now struggling to stay relevant in an era of economic uncertainty and reality TV. Amidst the chaos, three very different criminals chart their own chances of survival and success: Franklin, a former street gangster, now looking for real opportunities and fat stacks of cash; Michael, a professional ex-con whose retirement is significantly less rosy than he hoped it would be; and Trevor, a violent maniac driven by the chance of a cheap high and the next big score. Rapidly running out of options, the crew risks everything in a series of bolt and dangerous heists that could set them up for the long haul. Expand
  8. Jun 21, 2014
    Never in my life have I been so satisfied with the completion of a Grand Theft Auto game. The three alternate endings make your decisions rattle around in your head for days. A truly fantastic installment in the GTA with refreshing game-play, fantastic and responsive controls and a beautiful open world at your fingertips. Welcome to Los Santos.
  9. Jun 15, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Grand Theft Auto is one of the biggest franchises in the world, and it is world-wide known by gamers, angry parents, and the news (CNN, Fox News). And with it's new entry on the franchise, Grand Theft Auto 5 is one of the biggest games R* Games has ever made, there is a bunch of activities to do in the game. Grand Theft Auto 5 is amazing, it has amazing graphics, gameplay mechanics, and beautiful soundtrack (radio). The story is based around 3 characters with different personalities; Franklin Clinton, a former member of the Grove Street families and he is a realist, he is looking to win some cash after he got fired from his job. Michael De Santa, a retired bank robber who is in a crisis, he has a dysfunctional family, but when he brings down the house of an angry mobster, he will need to pull out some heists in order to win some cash. And last but not least and my personal favorite: Trevor Phillips, he is absolutely what defines the Grand Theft Auto franchise, he sells crystal meth, and also he is a complete psychopath. Franklin, Michael, and Trevor will perform heists in order to win money. And there is also Grand Theft Auto Online, in which you can play with your friends and do a lot of activities in Los Santos.

So far Rock-star games doesn't disappoint.
  10. Jun 12, 2014
    My Pros and Cons list about how I feel about Rockstar's most ambitious Grand Theft Auto V
    PROS:
    - The narrative that Rockstar created is very ambitious and they explained the true meaning of gluttony and vengeance.
    - These TV Shows and topnotch Hollywood movie hits like Breaking Bad and No Country for Old Men appears as Easter Eggs in GTA V which is awesome..!
    - The environment in this
    game totally defines the paradise of Southern California
    - Those graphics looked next gen!
    - The characters in GTA V are hilarious!
    - There are a lot of stuff to do in Los Santos when you're bored
    - Deeper customization on Weapons and Vehicles makes this game special
    - Most of the cutscenes makes me laugh out loud!
    - Driving Mechanics are fun and improved and it beats GTA IV's buttery driving
    - The three main protagonist story makes this game excellent
    - Shooting Mechanics is way much better
    - And last but not least there was Trevor Phillips
    - The Soundtrack that represents Los Santos is very "Glamorous" I wish Rockstar add more songs on the Radio Stations so we can get this party shift going.
    CONS:
    - Grand Theft Auto: Online makes me lose interest on it because of hackers exploiting crap by ruining the online experience for players that wanted to play real hard in Los Santos.
    Rockstar Games delivered one of the best open world sandbox experience in GTA V by bringing a lot of diversity for us to do. but Online didn't worked at all. So I'm not going to count GTA Online on GTA V's cons since GTA Online is a seperate game only for online. So GTA V gets a perfect 10 on this one. Although GTA V is not the best GTA of all time but this GTA gets a perfect score by bringing the best experience for Current Gen players...!
  11. Jun 11, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The GTA series is the best sandbox game out there. Not only is the single mode exciting, lively, full of action, but its also GRREEAAATT. Its online is also a very good part and I think its the best section. You get to create your character buy what you want (earning your money) including cars, apartments, and even clothes! I recommending buying this game right away if you dont already have it. Expand
  12. Jun 3, 2014
    I agree with others, this game deserves a way better score than just 8.1, rather at least 9. I don't know why some people put bad reviews for such an excellent game!
  13. Jun 1, 2014
    A really great game. This story was fantastic and difficult to keep you playing for a long time. The characters are what made the game. Trevor is just so crazy he was so entertaining to watch and use as a playable character. The only criticism are the load times are long and the online isn't amazing, still a fantastic game. It was worth the wait.
  14. May 30, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V makes Hot Coffee look like ghost, the amount of nudity, drug uses, swearing and pretty much everything is here and it some how pulls it off with the great graphics and being good, the characters are something to care about, the heists are amazing (Certainly the Paleto Bay Heist) and a superb variety of stuff to spend on unlike GTA IV which lacked on stuff to buy.
    The
    only thing that ruins the GTA V experience is GTA Online, its not totally terrible, but it lacks on GTA V stuff, we haven't got the stuff we were promised and it is still buggy.

GTA V = 10/10
    With GTA Online = 9.2/10
  15. May 30, 2014
    Great, massive, overwhelming, impressive, all round game. swimming, running, driving, shooting. and everything you can wish. Gta needs no introduction, Amazing experiences worth bullet loads of cash! Rock star games has a winner right here! Bigger and better than any previous Gta. The gaming heaven. You're not playing this game for a emotional story. however a laugh, some fun and some seriously fu*ked up characters to go along with. Expand
  16. May 28, 2014
    One of the only games I give a 10, besides Playstation exclusive The Last Of Us.

What I consider a 10 game is a well developed story, filler activities that keep you engaged, and the replay value. This game gave us excellent graphics, almost photorealistic on the Xbox 360, a funny and intriguing story, and lots of things to buy the money you earned in the game with. Now every game has
    its flaws, the online component of the game could be updated more often, it can get insanely repetitive, and not enough cash is there to be made. This is largely due to the fact that GTA:Online has micro transactions, so they are trying to box players into buying more in game money, because it takes so long to build up enough cash to do what you want online. I take issue with that in some regard, but hey companies have to keep revenue going somehow. Other than that the game is truly a masterpiece. Expand
  17. May 27, 2014
    An awesome game ! I did not liked GTA 4, I was waiting for an other GTA like the San Andreas episode.
    A fun, beautiful and very distracting game ! The Online is a real big change and a good surprise too !

Story is awesome
  18. May 27, 2014
    after playing watch dogs today i realize that this is a masterpiece, i will play it until it hurts is just awesome, cant wait for a new Rockstar game, they deserve everything they have achieve, so many clones of GTA without any good result, so never betray the original sandbox masters.
  19. May 25, 2014
    The story alone will keep you playing for a good 20 hours, adding all the bonus stuff and secrets and you're looking at an extra 15 hours, that's 35 hours just for the single player, add the online mode and you may have a game that'll never die. Aside from the great re-playability of this game, the story, characters, and just about everything else in this game is fantastic, the game looks amazing, the physics engine is phenomenal, the story was extremely well, and I just had an overall blast with this game, 2nd place for GOTY IMO (right after the Zelda game), give it a PC release and I'll give it a 10. Expand
  20. May 22, 2014
    Okay, Arguably the Biggest game of the year, and one of the last big games of the generation, GTA V had a lot of hype surrounding it. And I'll just say that it was worth the wait. The game is pretty damn good. Now some people are gonna disagree with me on certain things I write in this review, most probably about the multiplayer portion of the game, GTA Online. But let e start off with the story portion of the game. It's definitly the best thing you'll get out of this game, at least at the moment. The characters, the setting, the vehicles, the guns, the side-quests, the entire GTA V universe is amazing. The feeling I got after I'd installed the second disc and the game finally began, was just.... damn. I was basically like OHHHAAWWWW SHEEEIT , OH MAH GAWD GTA V, OH MA GAWWD LOOK AT THE GRAPHICS THIS IS THE BEST GAME EVER MADE. Basically, it was hype. Now the game starts off really well, with really likeable characters and good missions, that aren't just go here then there, kill this guy or whatever. they're well mixed and varied. The game actually features some of the best missions in the series, and they usually involve Trevor in some way or form. (Best character in my opinion) The heists are some of the most memorable moments i had with the story mode, especially a certain one, mid way through the game that involves a minigun. But they're not the only stand-out moments, the story between Michael and Trevor is the main driving force through the game, and they're involved in some of the best bit's, with some real tense moments throughout the story. The other character i've not mentioned is Franklin, who in my opinion is out shined by the other two when they're all together. Franklin was best when he was on his with one or the other, or when he was with others, such as Lamar. (who's a really good character as well). The story is filled with well written characters who you'll love and hate, and some great twists and turns.

Now what most people care about is the actual gameplay, which i can say is as fun as it has been. Now there are some changes to how the game plays, which is expected.

The biggest difference from GTA IV is the driving. It's a lot more fast paced and responsive the it previously was, with it veering more towards the feel of the 3D era GTA games, (GTA III, Vice City, San Andreas) which i think is good direction to go in. I didn't have a problem with GTA IV's driving physics, but it did take me a while to get used to them, and I can see that some people would prefer it to GTA IV's. Planes return at last, along with helicopters, boats, cars, motorbikes and bicycles(Finally!). A new addition to the family is the submersible, a submarine that allows easy exploration of the sea. The beautiful sea. Seriously, the sea looks amazing. Water reacts realistically, with waves becoming bigger and more violent during storms, rocking your boat all over the place. The sea is also fully mapped, with collectables scattered throughout it. You can also take a diving suit out, a swim underwater freely, without the need to go back up for air.... Although you may want to keep your wits about you unless you want to become shark food.

Animals have finally arrived into the GTA universe, although they are only really there to immerse you more into the game, they don't really serve any purpose like they did in Red Dead Redemption, another Rockstar game. There is a hunting mini game, but it's not as accessible as it was in Red Dead. When you've done it once, you've really experienced all it's got to give.You can even have a go at bounty hunting, although there are only four bountys in the entire game. Tennis, Golf, Darts and Yoga are Among the more conventional minigames you can have a go at, which is strange because I though they would have included all the other ones for GTA IV and it's episodes, which included Air hockey, Bowling and Pool, all of which would have been great for multiplayer. The story mode is great though overall, with a ton of stuff to do. Loads of missions, side missions, collectables, money to be made (use the stock market!) and fun to be had messing around in the world.

Now to the online portion of the game, GTA Online was hyped up immensely in the pre-release videos that were released for the game, and I have to say that it isn't as good as people expected it to be. While it was said that there would be tons of vareity to the game, and loads of different things to do, it really comes down to what you and your friends come up with while playing to keep the game entertaining.
    Obviously there's a lot of improvement over GTA IV's multiplayer, which was pretty basic, but for some reason i prefer GTA IV's multiplayer over V's. With GTA IV's multiplayer, there was no reason to get angry or annoyed with the game, there was never any penalties for dying or messing about , that's what made it so great. With GTA V's multiplayer, It makes you feel a lot more restrictive in how you play. It's the $.
  21. May 20, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V is definitely a rather different GTA installment from its past entries; this being a good thing but with its weak points as well. Grand Theft Auto V is definitely a big step away from the dark serious story line from the previous GTA, having points in the story that supply you with some humor and lightening moods. Instead of having a dark story about a war veteran who is seeking someone who betrayed him and his own men, you have 3 new characters with there own story that intertwine with each other. The gameplay is also a huge difference than the other GTA games. Being more fluid and smooth, and beautiful graphics. Imagine: driving a red convertible up a high mountain that over looks a small sea and desert as the sun sets while bleeding red rays of light across the sky…..and suddenly you get distracted by the beauty and you run off the road and go crashing down the mountain which results in your car exploding and the screen displays the text, "Wasted". This is the Grand Theft Auto V experience. You can access your weapons a lot quicker and much more accurate. Your cell phone has a bigger use and the in game internet is like a real online community. Driving is a lot more like a driving game rather than driving boats through the streets. GTA IV was famous for its boat like driving in case you didn't get my statement. But most vehicles in the game have the same handling but different speeds. You can customize your cars to a great depth in detail. But it would be a lot more adventurous to be able to design your own custom details and apply them to your car, like the Forza series. Another thing is the car smashing and CARnage in the game can get somewhat not so exciting when you just want to smash your car to bits. It would've been outstanding to have soft car physics. Maybe we will see a GTA title in the future on next gen that features this. Running and combat in the game is also a great improvement. Instead of awkward melee combat you have a pretty well done fist fight sequence that can take place anytime and anywhere. All in all, Grand Theft Auto V is an outstanding game, probably one of the best games of the generation. I highly recommend this to anyone who enjoys open world games and a very fun time. Expand
  22. May 16, 2014
    Very well put together game with great story line, fun missions, there was obviously a lot of effort and money put into this game and it paid off. Very enjoyable game you can get a lot out of it with the online and side missions, or blowing **** up for fun haha. Great game highly recommended.
  23. May 3, 2014
    Brilliant execution on nearly all points. Lag/chop on XBOX showing the age of the system, unfortunately. But you'll quickly forget about that annoyance as you get lost in the hours and hours of things to do in a beautifully crafted environment. Voice acting is stellar, heists are phenomenal, and we can finally save the game without having to go home to bed. Multiplayer is actually fun and almost as engaging as the single player. If you can't get behind bad protagonists, you're in the wrong game to begin with (your first clue should have been the title), and if you're complaining about the graphics you need your eyes checked. A++ for Rockstar. Will be playing this for a long time. Expand
  24. May 3, 2014
    This game is cool. I mean, look at the gameplay! They added some new features like animals and anything. Although I am no longer a GTA fan, I'm still liking this game.
  25. May 1, 2014
    Rahsmoove
    May 1, 2014
    This game is amazing, they fixed most of the problems we had with GTA IV. What I liked about GTA V 1.Rockstar added some of features from the previous GTA's, and other games created 2. Even though they brought back the arcadish driving, it seems better because the car physics aren't boaty like GTA Iv's. I mean the driving GTA V may not be realistic as IV's but
    it's feels better. 3. Being able to control Franklin, Michael, Trevor at once was incredible. It was something I haven't seen Rockstar games do before.
    4. The cinematic game play was something I also never seen Rockstar do with GTA. There really any loading screens on the single player, after it loads up, and the cinematic gameplay make mission awesome.
    5. The NPC's, and the characters, are very responsive.
    6. The interactions.
    7. The customizations with the cars.
    8. The weapons being customizable.
    9. The online, was finally something could enjoy without role playing without police crew. Unlike GTA IV where you just drive around in a freemode bored, you actually get stuff done.
    10. The new LS looks amazing, and the whole entire map is huge and beautiful .
    11. The updates

There are few things I didn't like about GTA V.
    1. Not being able to enter buildings.
    2. Maybe I liked GTA V more than San Andreas including the map, but they could of added SF LV.
    3. The launch of the online, even though it wasn't as bad as battlefield 4's, they should of seen this coming.

My conclusion:
    GTA V has become my favorite GTA. I really hope rockstar, keeps up the good work. I know little bit of San Andreas fanboys wanted a San Andreas clone, (As usual) but this rules. I still like SA, but I like V more.
  26. Apr 30, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. By far the best Grand Theft Auto since San Andreas. Yes, it does have it's weak points but overall is a great game.

Pros:
    -Great Storyline feature three playable characters with their own personalities
    -Customizable missions where you can choose how YOU want to play the mission.
    -Extra side missions such as Strangers and Freaks make the game longer and more interesting
    -Activities such as Tennis, Strip Clubs, Darts, golf, Hunting, etc. add additional content even after beating the game
    -The Map is Amazing! There's tons of world to explore including the depths of the ocean, desert, mountains, city. Just exploring is a game in itself.
    -Car customization (even though it's expensive on the game it adds depth)
    -Character customization (Haircuts, Tattoos, clothing)
    -Playable Stock market is fun if you understand how it works
    -You can buy businesses and earn money from them
    -You can talk to fellow pedestrians and hold conversations
    -The soundtrack is awesome with styles from Country to Metal.
    -Overall there is so much on this game you will never get bored!

Cons:
    -The Cops (very difficult to get away from and overall unrealistic, wanted harder cops than GTA 4 but not unrealistic difficult like this game has, and little piddly crimes such as flipping someone off or talking bad to a pedestrian gets you a wanted level)
    -You only can have one safehouse, would have wished to have a GTA like San Andreas again where you could buy multiple houses. (They at least give you an extra garage on this one to put cars in but still disappointing)
    -Game does glitch and have drop ins at times (Not a big deal considering the map size but still can get annoying)
    -New updates and online mode are disappointing

Overall Rating 9/10: A HUGE step up from GTA 4. Essentially the way I view this game is that is GTA San Andreas for Xbox 360 with a better storyline and larger map but same concept. GTA 4 was fun but overall the gameplay got boring after a while with the same city environment and not a whole lot to do. This blows GTA 4 out of the water! Yes there are disappointments but it's to be expected as they can't please everyone and what everyone wanted in a GTA and plus the disappointments are more just minor annoyances. Not quite a 10 due to the Cons I mentioned making it annoying at times but definitely a 9/10 as overall it is fun, the best GTA with the best map and you will never get bored playing it!
  27. Apr 29, 2014
    I hope we continue the trend of better gameplay, bigger more interesting sandbox map, and an online universe in future GTA games.

There's so much to do in one game. You can parachute off buildings, out of planes, and off of cliffs, Hijack supersonic jets, drive across a massive sandbox map in a stolen Buggatti. Basically everything you would expect and way more.

Let me elaborate on
    the map size. You can drive through a decent sized city, wind through a neighborhood of mansions and look down on the city from the Hollywood sign (or Vinewood in the GTA- verse) and you haven't even scratched the surface. Overall, a game well worth its price because you'll be playing it for hours on end, GTA has always been fun as a series but has always had issues in graphics, or physics but it has thrown those issues aside and became a good series to a great series. Expand
  28. Apr 27, 2014
    It is rare to find an open world game that not only has a vast array of options for the player, but also has the level of polish that Grand Theft Auto 5 has. The main story may not have the focus that Niko's quest for the American dream had, and there are a few 'nit-picks' I have with Rockstar's choices e.g. flight controls, cheat codes not on phone. However these are small blemishes on an otherwise stellar video game experience. Expand
  29. Apr 19, 2014
    This game is amazing. The story is full of exciting missions and it also features a very interesting story. There are plenty of fun activities to do as well, such as hunting, racing, and plenty more. However, I do have a few complaints. First, the car customization is decen, but it pales in comparison to games like Forza, Midnight Club, and Saints Row. Secondly, there are only a handful of street races. Other than those few complaints, I think the game is perfect. Expand
  30. Apr 18, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This may be the best grand theft auto game there is it is an fantastic game but there are some flaws within its greatness. For instances the last choice is good but an bit stupid if you are attached to all three characters. Unless you dislike an main protagonist you would chose the one you disliked. Over all it is a good game I would tell you to buy it. Expand
  31. Apr 17, 2014
    [Sorry for my english, I'm french]
    There are already lots of reviews but I'll write mine.
    This game is simply my favorite game of all time ! It is a travel to a world where I would live :)
    This GTA is more than a GTA, every mecanics are perfect, play this game is a pure pleasure, the story is bewitching, the 3 characters bring to the game a brilliant way to play, the graphics are
    amazing and the map too...
    There are so many things to do about this masterpiece...
    I have already written lots of review about this game for my country, France, so I'm tired of tell everytime the same things but this "game" is AMAZING, that's a fact !
  32. Apr 16, 2014
    Awesome graphics,awesome game play,awesome story,everything in this game is awesome.The mechanic of use 3 characters in the same time works pretty well.The multiplayer is one of the best online modes I ever seen.Better than San Andreas,better than GTA lV,the best GTA of all time(until now,of course)
  33. Apr 15, 2014
    YAHSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS WERK IT **** YOU FABULOUS WHORE. I **** LOVE THIS GAME ITS SO MUCH FUN TO RUN OVER WHORES ALL DAY. It's a fun game. You should play it.
  34. Apr 13, 2014
    One main problem of GTA IV was how grey it was. So what does Rockstar North do? Bakes a nice pie, and SLAMS it into the face of LIberty City. HD graphics, seamless online play, drivable vechicles, and a great story. Once you've beaten the game, CHEAT. It's worth it, trust me. If that gets, boring, play online. I love this game, you should too. If you don't...
    GO **** YOURSELF.
  35. Apr 5, 2014
    Great story. Great gameplay. Great game. The individual stories of the three main characters include satires of popular shows like Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy and more. Gameplay and mechanics are pretty polished. Graphics are great, especially since it runs on 8 year old hardware. Do not hesitate to buy.
  36. Apr 5, 2014
    A superb creation of incomparable detail and awe that is filled to the brim with interesting content and hilarious satire of American culture. The story focuses on three anti-heroes who pull off a series of explosive heists. The single-player took me about 50 hours to complete, including a few of the shenanigans and side-activities I participated in. I have put almost 150 hours into the online portion of the game that is, while flawed, an extremely fun variety of missions, races and deathmatches of the highest caliber. Grand Theft Auto V fulfills the empty promises Grand Theft Auto IV put forward back in 2008 and I think it's safe to say that the game is possibly the best open world game ever crafted. Bravo Rockstar. Expand
  37. Apr 4, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V, along with Grand Theft Auto Online, is a great package. The single player is engrossing and epic. The multiplayer will keep you busy for hours. The attention to detail is unbelievable. All must play this game.
  38. Mar 28, 2014
    The most influencial gameplay that i've ever played! With three-time anti hero, Los Santos had never been better, with the Gangsters, Bank Robber, and the psychopath guy which was three-time awesome. The system was really awesome with the core mechanic and 10 times kicking than Grand Theft Auto IV!
  39. Mar 25, 2014
    A fantastic game and definitely one of their best for both offline and online playing.

Well worth its full retail price

Its a whooping 12 out of 10 by me :D
  40. Mar 24, 2014
    The evolution of living breathing virtual worlds is incredible. Even if you don't care about the story and all you want to do is absorb the atmosphere, drive around and go sightseeing, then still this game is worth your time. Free roaming in GTA 5 is like going on a virtual vacation.
  41. Mar 24, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V is a beautiful game. I was amazingly hyped for this game since I first saw the logo a few years back, even though I didn't know if it was legit or not. At first, I was a bit skeptic about the idea that we'll be able to play with three different characters. And now I can't see myself playing GTA V with only one character. The voice actors for Michael, Franklin and Trevor are great. Even though the majority of the conversations contains a lot of shouting. I love it. My favourite character is without a doubt, Michael. He reminds me of one of the greatest characters ever written, Tony Soprano. I'm not going to dig into that, you have to experience that by yourself. And if you don't know who Tony Soprano is, well, you should. I can't think of any negative thing to say about the main story/single player. It truly is amazing. The mechanics in the game is extremely satisfying. The way that all three characters act during a gunfight is really good. It feels so alive!

Now on to the online mode. Rockstar did a great job hyping the online mode. Oh, how disappointed I was. I knew that the servers were to crash on the release date, that's not it. But the amount of content that was available was just ridiculous. The promised us heists and jobs with variety. The jobs are pretty much all the same. Go there, kill them, get that, bring it back. And I'm still waiting for the heists. Don't get me wrong, there are still some parts of the online mode that I like. The racing for example is great, and driving up Mt. Chiliad with a car that most likely wouldn't be able to get up there in the first place and then drive off the ledge and watch it fly down and bounce around in the woods is hilarious, every time.

Grand Theft Auto V is a great game. You got to play it. It's worth every penny. I would give it a 10 if it weren't for the lack of content in the online mode.

Buy the game, play it, enjoy it, I bet you will.
  42. Mar 19, 2014
    Perfect, perfect,perfect....one of the best game ever made of all time...awesome story,graphics,voice actors,gameplay,missions,characters,MULTIPLAYER...EVERYTHING....just one thing pissed me off in this game...there is no gang wars or steal stash (just like tlad and tbogt did)...execpt that...it's an amazing game..you cant missed...
  43. Mar 15, 2014
    The world of grand theft auto 5 is immense in detail with every part of the huge map as detailed as the next whether it's the busy city streets or a lonely country road. The narrative of grand theft auto 5 revolves around three main characters Michael,Franklin and Trevor. All of these characters are very well voice acted with an espicially stand-out performance from Steven Ogg (Trevor). Everything in grand theft auto 5 feels like a combination of everything great from Rockstar's earlier games Max Payne 3's shooting, Red dead redemption's animals and nature and midnight clubs driving mechanics and a story that unlike GTA IV dosent take itself to seriously. This game does not deserve the bad user score and should keep Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 gamers playing for a long time. Expand
  44. Mar 13, 2014
    In GTA4 Rockstar created a living city, with 5 they've created a living, breathing, pulsating world led by three contrasting main characters whose very personalities and story arcs allow the player to vary their style from sensible story following to rampant carnage without ruining the intended experience of the overall storyline. With all the hype this needed to be Rockstars crowning achievement to date, and the Pixar of video game studios does not disappoint. Expand
  45. Mar 10, 2014
    This was one of my favorite games of 2013 and the first gta game that I played and I'm glad that i decided to play this series it had a really interesting and mature story and the open world was fun to explore and run around in. (Be warned this a very mature game and is not for kids!!)
  46. Mar 8, 2014
    What in also wondered why they didn't have babies in the gta you see pregnant people or babies anywhere I just wish it was more like the sims 3 but you can go actually into the stores .i know I might sound crazy but I wish it was just more real we're you can be a celebrity and go into miscellaneous stores buy things gated communities paparazzi following you making it more like celebrities and real life just going into restaurants paying the restaurants valet parking and god plz answer this y is there just a girl a pretty girl customize it where it loos exactly like you I know your probably thinking just get the sims but I do already have it I just thought gta would be more were you can walk in to buildings get a reality show call your friends to go go dinner Expand
  47. Mar 5, 2014
    screw gta 4 this one is better . and i love it but gta 4 is 99% great i love the gta 5 the characters in gta 5 are great . and a whole new level of awsome .
  48. Mar 5, 2014
    The newest R*games title brings us freedom and a brand new world to be explored. I'll not lie, I was so anxious, I couldn't wait for this game. I thought that it would be the greatest game of all time. I was not disappointed at all. The game is excellent, the story is cool, the graphics are so much well made and the gameplay is one of the bests. But sure it has it problems. And they aren't a bit. So many bugs, glitches, especially in the online mode made me almost stopping playing this game. I'm sure that every game has problems, but GTA 5 has too much. That's is the problem of making a very well constructed game to our current and delayed generation. The requirements are high for a 2005 console. Hope they launch the PC, PS4 and XOne versions to we really see GTA without being shy. Expand
  49. Mar 1, 2014
    Amazing game, I think it was the best game of 2013, but what I liked was a bit of physical and also removed the internet café. But the scenery, vehicles, animals and missions that struck me were great, with good design, and you see that Rockstar Games worked hard to create this smash hit game.
  50. Ape
    Feb 26, 2014
    It's a good game but kinda iffy gta game. As a game itself, it's pretty cool. Lots to do, lots to see, very open world. But at the same time, a lot of that world is empty and leaves you wanting for more. I'm giving it a 9 because even though it could have been better with its story telling I still had a lot of fun playing it and there's so much to do you will feel like you got your money's worth. I'm still waiting for it in PC however, to really take advantage of those great graphics I know are being held back by console systems. Expand
  51. Feb 20, 2014
    As a fat gay dad, this game really appealed to my anarchistic side! There's so much to love about this game, the weapons, the cars, the heists, the characters, the story. It's all fantastic. The game had a very rocky multiplayer launch, but when that eventually settled down that aspect was excellent as well.

I highly recommend this game, it has a penis in it and the occasional obese woman.
  52. Feb 20, 2014
    Best Game Everrrrrr!!! The games story wasn't the best but it was just so fun and just the humongous size of the map was very impressive. The graphics were also very good and it had some funny parts in it that just make you laugh. I have never liked the auto aim and i didn't like it here but it was fine since I was still able to get passed all the levels.
  53. Feb 18, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V, what a game. The car physics are better (Not necessarily more realistic) and even the rag-doll's are better along with the graphics. But that's all to be expected, Grand Theft Auto V brought one of the best story's ever to the franchise. This is a lot different than the usual "New kid on the block" up bringing's of the main character. Instead they went for a refreshing take, Your introduced to multiple main character's. At first when I heard this I though it was a bad Idea, but after playing I realize it's a fantastic mechanic to have. That and the three completely different backgrounds they have really let play's try and find a match for them. but don't even get me started on the usual kick-ass and take names game play, The game doesn't suffer any downs when it comes to combat. Bloody messes, cops, and a lot of destroy cars sums up my experience. It's amazing to just go out and explore the world Rock Star created for you to. he many of Easter eggs and other activity's you can do it limitless. One praise I love to give this game it that its a huge example of a franchise that can make many different game and still impress us every time (unlike other large franchises). So this does deserve 9/10 from me, it's not a perfect game but the closest Grand Theft Auto has gotten. Keep the hits coming Rock Star. Expand
  54. Feb 18, 2014
    I always really disliked the GTA franchise, however, I gave GTA V a shot and I have not regretted it. With a very well executed storyline, gameplay (offline and online), and so much more, GTA V is without a doubt a pure masterpiece of a video game
  55. Feb 11, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V successfully takes us back into the new viewpoints of San Andreas,meanwhile digging deeper into its concepts and determination of the darker side of the American Dream. It may not capture the dark manners that the stories of Niko Bellic and John Marston pushed, but it also blown our minds by expanding a cool non-linear narrative structure for its three leads (Trevor is honestly the greatest, but also, the most violent of them all) and combining them with amazing mechanics, totally superb activities, improved driving and gunplay (go play Midnight Club or Red Dead Redemption), and
    the mind-blowing sights of a sun-soaked metropolis struggling to survive by being occupied by TV and pleasure, but messed by wiseguys and self-help gurus. If the sequel is about the darker side of the American Dream, then GTA V explains it more by explaining the cruel reality of the American Dream by further explaining that it does make cruel fun of what is most important: sex, violence, drugs, mayhem, corruption, misogyny, torture, psychopathic, and the pursuit of the mighty American dollar bill. By all of that, Grand Theft Auto V is still everything we all want to expect: beautiful, brutal, sexy, high, disturbing,
    and somehow highly expanded, partially due to activities, improvements, and the wealth of fortune.
  56. Feb 11, 2014
    Before I start the review i just think its funny how many PC people come over and leave terrible scores. Anyway GTA 5 is on of the best game I have ever played. I love all three of the characters and the story is great. Lots of people are saying that the story is long but I think its the perfect length. The only reason I Didn't give it a 10 is because I think there should have been more animals and I was replaying a mission and when I came back all the stangers and freaks werent there. Great game you should go pick it up right now. Expand
  57. Feb 3, 2014
    Arguably the best game of this generation, GTA V is basically everything you could ever ask for. Offline, the story is going to keep your occupied for days and online, you're going to be occupied for weeks! Pimp up your car to win races, complete jobs with friends and play the odd team death match and you're not going to want to put your controller down. Even when you aren't completing objectives, there's still fun in driving busses off the tops of skyscrapers, racing down mountains on dirt bikes and throwing C4 at your friends over and over again. Expand
  58. Jan 29, 2014
    Multiplayer is a lot of fun, several missions in the game are tons of fun, especially the heist missions, and the city of Los Santos is great to roam around. However, I wished the story and characters were fleshed out a bit more.
  59. Jan 27, 2014
    I personally love Grand Theft Auto 5. Though I have never really seen or played the story mode myself the online is fantastic. You can mess around as much as you want, make your own maps, and just have a fantastic time.
  60. Jan 25, 2014
    I found this game to be amazing, it had a beautiful environment, amazing characters, great dialogue and was over all a blast to play. You will never get bored of this game because of how much stuff there is to do with it.You have your regular GTA stuff, as in the single player campaign, going on rampages and doing absolutely ridiculous things, and that is not to mention GTA Online, which adds so much more to the game. Even though it has all this amazing stuff about it, like every game it has it's flaws, one thing that I didn't personally like was the driving controls and how they felt, but that is yet again personal preference, some people will like it and others won't. Over all I think GTA V has passed GTA IV in many ways and is worth the buy in all cases. With it's amazing game play, great story-line, and perfect dialogue, it deserves a 9/10, maybe even higher once the PC version comes out and we get some mods on it. Expand
  61. Jan 25, 2014
    This game is just amazing. It may have violent things in it, nudity, blood, gore, and all that, but its only a game. Stop being so butt hurt about it, its not a real person doing this, its just a game for people to have fun on, and enjoy themselves. There's so much fun stuff to do, including the online mode, which is just amazing, so is single player, It is so fun, and if you are angry, take it out on this game by doing the violent things in it, if you just want to have fun, so, get it. Plus, kids should be able to play this game, its not like they will do that in real life! Expand
  62. Jan 23, 2014
    This is one of those few games that you absolutely must own. The story is great, the graphics are AMAZING, the gameplay is wonderful, and GTA Online is the funnest I have ever had with multiplayer. Worth the $60 or your regional equivalent.
  63. Jan 22, 2014
    (Entry 2)
    Grand Theft Auto 5 is the second best game of 2013 in my list of favorites do to the massive open world full of mystery and wonder to find as you play as three law braking criminals that come together and pull of bank robbery's and other criminal actions such as grand theft,murder,store robbery's and much more and if this doesn't make you love the game there are other things you
    can do like play tennis go to strip clubs and get drunk off your ass just in one game to when was the last game you've seen that will let you brake in to a military base hijack a jet and then kill every one in the city and parachute in front of you house and then sit down and watch tv tell me come on tell me that's right you can't because you never played a game like this so go now and buy it. Expand
  64. Jan 21, 2014
    Best game I have played!

Ratings:

Graphics: 9/10

Storyline: 7/10

Gameplay: 10/10

Characters: 10/10

Instead of buying a next gen console and replacing it, go ahead and buy this for the next year or two!
  65. Jan 18, 2014
    Everything and more!
    Rockstar always goes the extra mile and they've proved it in there new installment GTA V.
    10/10 in every area could be game of the decade.
  66. Jan 18, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V is a behemoth to worship. It's story, it's characters, it's pure originality makes one of the best videogames ever made. Sure there was a huge mess up with GTA Online, but Rockstar was not prepared for the obvious appreciation of the game. I do agree the game should have been focused on a little longer, but at the same time i'm glad I have it in my hands and can play it with my friends. It will be played for years to come just like GTA IV and I can't wait. 9/10 Excellent. Expand
  67. Jan 13, 2014
    GTA 5 is an incredibly well written satire on many subjects including the the American dream and modern Advertising. This is especially found in the commentary on the radio stations, particularly Talk Radio. The satire is brilliant and hilarious, and is with out a doubt my favourite thing about GTA 5. The 3 Characters are very well acted, especially Trevor , but the other two are great as well. Games fun as hell too. I find most people that don't like it, don't get the satire in the game or satire in general. Expand
  68. Jan 13, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. GTA V Review
    Evan Smith

Millions of gamers around the world lined up outside of stores on September 17th to obtain their brand new copy of Grand Theft Auto five. After years of work, game designers at Rock star Games have put together a masterpiece that as blown away players and fans. The setting takes place mainly in the lively city of Los Santos, San Andreas. Designers molded this metropolis after the well-known city of Los Angeles. Made to be one of the biggest free roaming game landscapes of all time, the land stretches beyond the city into a more desert landscape. Not only is the game space enormous, crisp new graphics bring a new feel to the game. Pinpoint graphic design allows the player to experience the beauty of a true fiery desert sunset right at home. Explosions look exceptionally sharp, and views of the lit up city from a distance bring an ultimately real feel to the gaming experience.
    The story line for GTA 5 follows three separate characters that all have their eye on two things, the rush of crime and the desire for cash. Through out the campaign, the gamer is able to switch to any of these characters at almost anytime. The first character the gamer meets is Franklin, a young man that lives in south Los Santos. This part of the city takes on a more ghetto and crime ridden scene. Franklin works a steady job as a repo man with his bad influence of a friend Lamar. Together they also take on small illegal jobs in order to make some extra cash. Soon enough, Franklin runs into a man named Michel. In the start of the game, Michel is retired from his old job as a professional thief. Living a depressing life in the rich part of the city named Rock Ford hills with his family that constantly bugs him. He spends most days drinking on his back patio by the pool or watching old time movies. When Michel meets Franklin he finds him steeling away his car for a repo job. Understanding of the actions of a thief, Michel takes small time criminal Franklin and shows him the way of a big score job. After their first big cash intake, Michel found his criminal rush again and Franklin learned how to make major coin.
    Michel’s old best friend and partner in crime Trevor believed Michel to be dead after a heist went terribly wrong. His crazy personality brings a lot of humor to the game and makes the story line more exciting. After seeing reports of the big score Michel and Franklin just hit, Trevor can tell it was Michel’s work and goes to Los Santos with revenge in mind. When they first see each other it is awkward at first, but soon enough they fall back into their old partner ship and begin taking on several well thought out heists along with Franklin.
    The game play was redesigned from GTA 4. Taking on heists with the team of three requires the character switch ability. Using this new feature provides a view of the story line from three separate perspectives that keeps players interested with different story lines that slowly intertwine through out the game. This brilliant addition brings a different feel to the game campaign. Instead of taking on jobs solo in the previous game, gamers now are responsible for a team of three. Also, the new weapon switching system provided in the game provides the game play with fast flow and swift gear changes. What used to take forever to find the weapon of choice now takes less than a second.
    My personal favorite new feature added to this game was the ability to suit up cars in any chop shop. With many different choices, customizable options seem to be limitless. Not only can players make cars look sharp but they can also install some of the most powerful engines, top of the line breaks, turbo, and more. Driving in this game is breath taking. With a major change from Liberty City, wheels on cars no longer feel like jelly. Flawless control behind the wheel allows the player to take their driving skill to a new level. During the game players will take on fast street races that could make them a little richer.
    With so much to do in this game from skydiving, to snorkeling, to flying an F16 fighter jet, options are vast. Players can even invest in the stock market to make millions fast. If one is really desperate, they can rob gas stations and liquor stores at the price of being chased by the LSPD. Police in this game compared to the last are extremely ruthless and will search for the player everywhere. Rock Star decided to stick with the star alert system for the police. This simple system has brought an original feeling to each GTA created through out the years. I am glad they decided to keep their traditions that have made the game what it is today.
    The story line evolves perfectly and kept me asking for more constantly. This revolutionary game has set the standards for modern gaming. Its seemingly limitless agenda and vast world can keep the gamer involved for weeks or maybe even months for casual gamers. I Give this game a perfect 10
  69. Jan 11, 2014
    I was never a gta fan until this game, once I started playing I kept playing. I really enjoyed the story mode an the multiplayer definitely deserves game of the year and I hope for future dlc. YOU ROCK ROCKSTAR!!!!!
  70. Jan 11, 2014
    This game is fantastic!
    I mean, I've never played other GTA series before and I decided to play GTA 5 because my boyfriend told me it's amazing.
    So I bought it and tried to play it and it was the best decision I've ever made in my life.
    Just like assassin's creed 2, GTA 5 changed my life.
    The atmosphere is so lively so realistic, and I felt like I was actually inside that world

amazing plot, character ( Michael is so cute) and everything u could ever imagine from the BEST VIDEO GAME
    I don't know how I could describe it in a better way, kinda speechless, just buy it now if u still haven't played it yet and I can assure u that you'll never regret it
    AMAZING!
  71. Jan 9, 2014
    This is Rockstar doing what they do best but I feel they didn't push the boundaries as much as they have in the past. They have such a good record with innovation and fun that expectations were very high and I don't believe they were met, I mean where is the jet pack? The online service does give Rockstar the opportunity to add things and this could help the game stand the test of time and also really let the players loose with new toys, like a jet pack! Overall I believe this game misses out on a 10 because, for me, there was a real lack of colourful characters to do missions for and I don't believe the story campaign was as long as previous instalments, saying that, the improvements they have made since gta4 make the game just as fun as any other gta and is well worth owning. Expand
  72. Jan 7, 2014
    This is the best game I have ever played, the story is great, and hilarious, and the side missions are just great, for example strangers and freaks. But it's not only the missions and the side missions, the map is huge so it's awesome just cruising in a muscle all around los santos. This game should get a WAY better score then it does.
  73. Jan 6, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V is great game. The story is good, the characters are well built, the possibilities are enormous, but the main thing that keep remind me that this is one of the best gaming experience is the incredible world in which we play. The map is big, the different areas are breath taking and the world is so alive. That is what makes Grand Theft Auto 5 unique.
  74. Jan 6, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V is a gaming achievement on such a scale it occurs rarely. Most everything about this game was well done and enjoyable, there were only some small and unsubstantial gripes I have. To start, the story writing is worlds ahead from what it was ten years ago in good ol' San Andreas. The story is not as dramatic or engaging as it was in GTA IV but it is still well written and entertaining, and there are some parts that made me feel genuine emotion, something that never really happened in GTA IV. The dialogue is all great, the three main characters are voiced superbly, along with the supporting characters and even minor characters and regular civilians. The cherry on top is the lip-synching, it is wonderfully done all around. Next, the gameworld is something spectacular, it is absolutely huge, every time you buy a new rockstar game and are amazed at the game world, you won't be disappointed this time. The city itself is massive, and well done, though i have to say that West coast U.S cities are not as good a setting as the more crowded and older east coast cities are. The rural areas stretch on and on there is so much to explore and see, but honestly you'll see most of it going 90 MPH on a dirt bike. There are also a nice couple of country towns and activities as well. The graphics of the game are better that the predecessor but are a little disappointing, though I think it is because of the ancient hardware it was released on. There is so much extra content besides the awesome story missions, you have stranger missions, you have sky diving and races and much much more. The story is slightly shorter but the missions are less repetitive and more imaginative than in GTA IV. Almost all gameplay elements have been greatly improved and are much better now. There Isn't must bad to say about this game but it has it's flaws so i think it deserves a 9 out of 10. Expand
  75. Jan 6, 2014
    This game is one of the most coolest and best games I ever played it contains the same fun and extra fun from vice city. It has limitless fun and epic action and stunt scenes and the character development is highly appreciable. It has so much of fun, action and epic adventure. Defiantly worth of buying it.
  76. Jan 4, 2014
    Anyone who bought the game for GTA: O should reflect upon their lives.

The plot is full of tropes but the performances given by the entire cast are rock solid. GTA V is encrusted with crude dialogue and ultra violent scenarios. Everyone knows what the GTA formula consists of. This time around, it's Los Santos which steals the show. The attention to detailed is unparallelled. GTA V has
    rendered every other open world game, including it's own installments, obsolete. It is peerless. Expand
  77. Jan 3, 2014
    Masterpiece. Only word to describe the game.

The graphics are beautiful, gameplay is completly playable, characters have emotions, a character, a behaviour. This giant open world map makes the game even more better. Wide selection of vehicles, weapons, races... The game has one problem. The Online has connection issues. But, regardless, game of the year.
  78. Jan 1, 2014
    GTA V is a game where you can do whatever you want and that makes this game so enjoyable.
    Not only the big world and the big action scenes are outstanding. Also the characters of GTA V are outstanding. Franklin is a person that usually does repo jobs and he lives in the ghetto's. Franklin is the most comparable with CJ from GTA: San Andreas. Michael is more a business guy, who acts like a
    the maffia. He's the leader of the crew. Michael is most comparable with Toni Cipriani from GTA: Liberty city stories. Trevor however is a new type of character and in most people's views the best character of GTA V. Trevor is a psychopath. His mind isn't stable and he rages about the smallest things. The best point about the characters is that they fit each other and Rockstar wasn't afraid to take some risk by asking some moral questions about trust and loyalty though-out the game. Trevor and Michael aren't pretty often on the same page what results in a big argument and that gives us some hilarity. Franklin always tries to bring the peace back, but that doesn't always happen. However the story is great and there is plenty of things to do in GTA V as well as in GTA online. Expand
  79. Dec 31, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto V pushes the boundaries of what a game can do, especially on such dated hardware. The game is beautiful, the map is huge, and the world is fun to traverse. Tons of different activities ensure many hours of playtime, and none of these activities ever fail to be boring.
  80. Dec 31, 2013
    A great game, I really had fun with it and after 80 hours of playing it, I want more, I hope there is going to be a free DLC or so because I feel like the story wasn't that long and that a lot of places aren't open (Casino,...).
  81. Dec 30, 2013
    This game is a masterpiece. It is Rockstar's crown jewel and the best of the Grand Theft Auto games in my opinion. I highly recommend this game but I don't recommend it for young kids.
  82. Dec 30, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto 5 is one of the best games ever made from the Amazing story to the wide array of things to do that will keep you busy for hours. This game is worth every cent and dollar and will not disappoint at alln
  83. Dec 30, 2013
    One of the best games of this generation the game is just so so sexy fresh.. It was a breath taking experience a very immersiveexperience in the city of Los santos if you don't buy this game...your missing out. Can't believe there is negative votes here 100% fan boys of other games..
  84. Dec 28, 2013
    Simply awe inspiring...........................................................................................................................................................................................................
  85. Dec 28, 2013
    Legit I'm lost for words this I probably one of the best games you will ever play the graphics sometimes are stunningly beautiful, the A.I is good the gameplay is amazing tons of fun and I'm telling you this game in the future is going to be legendary, even though the the online mode is a bit clunky but if you haven't got this game then THEN WHAT ARE YOU DOING GET OUT OF YOUR HOUSE AND BUY IT NOW!!! Expand
  86. Dec 27, 2013
    Tons of single player gameplay and beautiful visuals, some of the best GTA missions I have played, and a story that was well done. The problem with this game is the online portion. Repetitive missions, exploiters and hackers have already invaded the game so there's no point in grinding jobs anymore, and the bad sport system. Don't get me wrong, GTA online is a fun experience with friends in freemode, but missions have overpowering A.I, races have slipstream, an deathmatches offer little reward and no one to play with. This does little to bring down a single player experience that offers plenty of replay value. Expand
  87. Dec 26, 2013
    Gta 5 is hand down one of the best games ever made! Grand Theft Auto V will not fail to disappoint you
    The city of Los Santos is beautiful no question about it.
    Everything from 2008's Grand Theft Auto IV has been improved for Grand Theft Auto V in Gta 5 rockstar has done one of the greatest, thing in gaming history not just add 1 character but adding 3!
    Michael Franklin and Trevor all 3
    have their own personalities Michael is a professional bank robber who retired in Los Santos want to know why? Go buy the game to see. Franklin a guy who is trying, to separate from the hood.
    And then Trevor a crazy,Hilarious psycho all you need to know without getting into spoilers.
    each character has a special ability.
    Michael has slow motion shooting
    Franklin has Slow motion driving
    and Trevor has rampage
    the last time i gave perfect score to a game was 5 years ago with Grand Theft Auto IV
  88. Dec 24, 2013
    A great comeback for the series after what I believed to be a largely disappointing 4th installment, alot of improvements made and I had a blast from start to finish.

I didn't find alot of replay value in it however and after I completed the story found no reason to go back.
  89. Dec 23, 2013
    A lot of fun! So much to do, so many places to explore this game is worth they money. It's a little bit disappointing that Rockstar made this game PS3 and Xbox 360 in mind consoles that are at the end of their life. Had they made the graphics and all PS4 in mind this would be a full 10/10 game! Still, I'll be getting this for my PC later when it comes out. Solid action game.
  90. Dec 22, 2013
    There are a lot of fake votes with really bad scores for this game. Truth be told, this game is a crowning achievement in the medium. Few games feature as much detail, as much varied gameplay, and as much polish as does GTA V. The missions finally feel fresh and new. Gone are pointless and repetitive missions that plagued the previous games. Gone is the terrible checkpoint system (or lack thereof). What you get with your purchase is around 25 hours of single player story and many more with the online mutliplayer. This game is a masterpiece. Is it perfect? Of course not. No game is. However, anyone that tells you that this game is bad, is either kidding themselves, or has an agenda. Expand
  91. Dec 20, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is awesome please let kids have this game. Gta is a big fun sandbox but it is just like real life but in a game. I really injoyed this game THANKS ROCKSTAR games if yon denned ediuhcbedcjhbrejhdbiduihrfbjfohrhfiohrbfjrfbrijhfbrhubruffhbrfirbfhhirfbrihjfuichbrefhdhfhhrrhrhegggggggghkwqlherofighnrcrfihrgbfiburhgfireucycfgreunsdnhjwkoxfhecdijchfggfejjdgtm,xmjejgbbenxhsbshdnsgsfxhdjshxh Expand
  92. Dec 19, 2013
    Absolutely the first GTA since San Andreas that I can't find a fault in, just awesome game and only complaint is the radio isn't quite as good as I thought it would be. Characters are well thought out but I do miss the Celebrity Cameos but I'll forgive that, worth the wait!!!!
  93. Dec 17, 2013
    This game is so much fun. The characters are fantastic, the world will blow your mind and the Online may not be as good as the single-player, but is still really fun. BUY IT, NOW.
  94. Dec 16, 2013
    I'm not a hardcore gamer. To tell the truth, I barely play games (besides Legend of Zelda ones). But GTA V is a game which I decided to spend my time and money on and man... It was worth it.
    It's not a flawless game, it have some fails, freedom is kinda restricted (you cannot use your weapons at the stripclubs), it had some tedious missions and some bugs (mainly on online mode), but it
    have an awesome plot, well developed and cativating characters and lots of humor. And obviously, awesome graphics and soundtrack.

So let's go to what interest us:

Controls: 10/10 Easy to master and effective.
    Graphics: 10/10
    Sound: 9/10 (it has awesome radios and sometimes epic scores start to play while you make missions ore something, but I still think that some soundtrack to be played while on foot, or something, would be awesome, like if you were listening to music with your iFruit)
    Gameplay: 7/10. Seriously, many missions seems like "filing" and the world could be much more opened and free. Sometimes I think what would happen if they sacrificed some of the graphics to make a biggest or deepest world. It's kinda frustating to have a smaller overworld than GTA San Andreas and less freedom than I have on it. However, the 3 character scheme, some missions and online features made the score grow up a little.
    Story: 10/10

Overall: 9/10. An awesome game, with awesome graphics, awesome ideas and an awesome story that fails in some missions and lacks on innovation.
  95. Dec 13, 2013
    This game is nothing short of amazing! I have never been so pleased with a game before. This game is fun, original, and adds an entire new level to the open platform of gaming. The guys at volition making saints row should have sat quietly and taken notes. This game has delivered over 36 hours of partial story line and extras I have played so far and i'm sure ill put about 100 more hours before it turns 1 year old. This game brings it all to the table, and for lovers of a previous GTA title, this game has proved to be better and keeps on improving. They put the time into this one, and put the money into making it something enjoyable. In terms of entertainment you will not be disappointing or bored. If i could i would have rated this above a 10. Expand
  96. Dec 13, 2013
    This deserves a better user score. Many people don't think GTA Online is good. It might not be perfect, but it's great fun. The single player is absolutely fantastic. The three characters are perfectly done, the story is great and the world is just fantastic. If you haven't brought this, WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU!!!
  97. Dec 13, 2013
    The only reason this is ranked lower than GTA4 is all the PC fanboys coming out to shout and rant. I mean one of the best GTAs ever made is currently ranked below one of the worst just because some people can't accept that their precious PC's have been left out.
  98. Dec 13, 2013
    A truly beautiful game. Full of incredible detail and graphics you would expect on Next Gen. The Story finally is on a par with the massive 50 square mile sandbox that is Los Santos and Blaine County. Grand Theft Auto 5 is the perfect goodbye to a beautiful generation.
  99. Dec 12, 2013
    The overall world looks pretty and captures image of LA really well. I thought the story was pretty decent. The mandatory medal challenges for every mission will piss you off though, since if you do not complete tedious objective, you don't get gold medal.

As for the multiplayer part, i don't like it that much. It takes way too long to make money to buy anything, which leads to doing to
    money glitches, but these glitches are constantly getting patched. The only other way to get enough money is to use the online store to buy in-game money. By limiting the cash you earn from the missions and having online store, I say Rockstar was more into profit. Other than that, driving around the world, doing mission with your friends, going after bounty, they all seem to work well.

Last thing to mention is the loading time. OH MY GOD, the loading time. It takes way too long to load anything, even longer than gta 4
  100. Dec 11, 2013
    Truly a MASTER PIECE in Video Game history. Nothing could come close to this. I even named my child Frankmicatrevor because this game gives me amazing boners.

1. Dec 12, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto V offers one of the best sandbox experiences ever, filled to the brink with stuff to do. The vistas are magnificent and amazing stuff just seems to happen wherever you go. But at the same time the story is tired and the characters unoriginal. Your appreciation of Grand Theft Auto V will depend of what you want out of the series. The freedom and joy of discovery is hard to beat but the rest still has some ways left to go.
  2. Nov 6, 2013
    GTA V continues the game series' tradition of raising the bar for open world action games.
  3. Nov 5, 2013
    Tons of gameplay hours, plenty of missions and activities with an awesome collection of vehicles of various modes of transportation and a large array of firearms put the grandeur once again into Grand Theft Auto.