8.1

1. Nov 18, 2014
    With the release of the new gen versions out, I decided to go back to this version and see just how much has changed. It remains as the best Grand Theft Auto game in my opinion and the next gen version doesn't revolutionise the game too much.
  2. Nov 10, 2014
    In every measurable sense, this is the greatest GTA game of all time. Sure, you may prefer the 80s vibe of Vice City or the more varied landscape of San Andreas but GTA V is the first game in the series that actually has missions that are more fun than frustrating. In previous incarnations, the missions were so annoying I spent most of my time just exploring the cities rather than trying to complete my objectives. GTA V not only adds a reasonable checkpoint system but also finally introduces some variety. Instead of the repetitive "drive here, drive there" missions in previous entries, GTA V actually makes you feel like you're part of a heist. Nothing goes to plan of course, but that's part of the fun of GTA! What really makes this game stand out is the online mode. Nothing is more fun than hopping in a car with your buddy and cruising around Las Santos looking to cause some mayhem. Expand
  3. Nov 10, 2014
    A game that truly pushes these consoles to their limits and packs an almighty punch. Although these may not be the nicest visuals ever, Rockstar have done what they can to squeeze every last bit of power out of the consoles to make a joyful and interesting experience. The physics and gameplay are as equally as good, with a great story to follow.
  4. Nov 9, 2014
    Great game, lots to do and very likeable characters. online is very fun party up do missions, races or deathmatches fun all around. campaign is great. open world your choice of what to do next unlike other games where its like a hallway effect where you can only go forward not left right or back. 10/10 very playable and great replayability on next gen & pc
  5. Nov 6, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto is taking a huge step for the next gen. consoles. Their now adding fps (First person shooter) which is gonna make a lot more thing interesting. 10/10
  6. Nov 4, 2014
    After playing GTA V, I was in total awe. This game offered such an open experience, there are so many opportunities across the map from massacring innocents and having a last stand against the cops to running a marathon. The missions although lacked interest most of the time, but the six grand heists performed were amazing, each unique and more exciting then the last! If you get the chance to get this game get it, that's all I can say. Expand
  7. Nov 4, 2014
    Legendary the best games ever -ign wow woooooow - gamepot omg i just pooped my pants - gamesrader this game is designed for gay people to go to the strip club in 1969 it was banned world wide due to igns high rating in 1973..........
  8. Oct 29, 2014
    GTA 5: A Work of Art

Grand Theft Auto 5 is the best video game to ever be put on the market. Considering that “[Rockstar] has sold 33 million copies of Grand Theft Auto 5” (Their) for the last generation of consoles, and that it was the most popular video game of 2013, it’s safe to say that GTA 5 is masterpiece. Rockstar is now in the process of making their most successful game ever,
    even better! Next generation gamers across the globe are sitting at home eagerly waiting on the November 18 release date of the new and improved version of their favorite game.
    Although there were no complaints about Grand Theft Auto 5’s graphics on PS3 and Xbox 360, one of the reasons why the next gen versions of GTA 5 will be so much better than the previous versions is the graphics. The image capabilities of the Xbox One and the PS4 far surpass those of their predecessors, and allow Rockstar’s developers to greatly enrich all aspects of GTA 5’s graphics. Many improvements were made to the game design and “Though these are, in essence, graphical changes, the mechanical effect they would have on the game could be huge” (Nowgamer). The improvements of the graphics include things that will make the actual gameplay tremendously more enjoyable. Such as increased traffic density to make driving more realistic, more advanced foliage so that bushes are no longer like cement walls, more realistic weather, and more advanced physics are all some of the things that will make Grand Theft Auto far better than before.
    Not only are the graphics improved, Grand Theft Auto 5’s online play has been made even better than it used to be on older generation consoles. Its’ online play is one of the things that really sets it apart from any other video game ever released. It now allows you to roam around a huge city named Los Santos with up to 30 other online gamers, when the limit was previously only 15. With the vast amount of options the Rockstar developers offer you online, the game seems to never get old. With 30 other people roaming around the same online realm as you anything could happen; this really sparks the competitiveness in the lobby. This game easily offers the most enjoyable online multiplayer experience of any game ever created. Even after months of playing it every single day, there are most likely several aspects of the game that you still have not been exposed to. The free world experience of GTA 5 is unmatched by any other game that has been released to date.
    Everything set aside, the main reason why Grand Theft Auto 5 is the best game ever created is the unparalleled freedom that the game allows its players to have. The game is truly amazing; it allows players to do almost anything that they can imagine. No matter what kind of mood you are in, GTA 5 offers something that will be sure to entertain you. If You’ve had a bad day, you and go out and reek havoc on Los Santos county with guns, grenades, and rocket launchers to release some stress. If you are feeling peaceful and relaxed, you can go out and take photos of the virtual wildlife. GTA 5 will allow you to experience anything and everything from racing exotic cars, shooting guns, skydiving, flying planes, to buying houses. The game offers a plethora of vehicles for you to play with, cars, planes, boats, helicopters, and even a few blimps. You are able to purchase real estate and even customize the furniture within. There are even downloadable packages and updates so that the game is always changing. If you can imagine doing it, GTA 5 most likely allows you to.
    If you are in the market for a new video game, you cannot go wrong with the choice of Grand Theft Auto 5. The game has graphics that you will never grow tired of looking at. It has an online community that is very avid, offering a virtual experience that is one of the greatest and most fun available. The freedom that the game offers is like none other and becomes addictingly enjoyable as you do anything your hear desires. Rockstar’s 33+ million copies sold already just go to show that Grand Theft Auto 5 is the best video game ever created.

Annotated Bibliography
    Nowgamer.com. "GTA 5 PS4 & Xbox One: Whats New & Is It Worth It?" Nowgamer.com. Nowgamer.com, 12 June 2014. Web. 26 Oct. 2014.
    Thier, Dave. "'Grand Theft Auto 5' Has Sold Nearly $2 Billion." Forbes. Forbes Magazine, 13 May 2014. Web. 29 Oct. 2014.
  9. Oct 22, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V is in my opinion the best GTA game, the story is great, the characters are great, when you die you don't lose your weapons. Those are some of the reasons why I love this game.
  10. Oct 21, 2014
    Grand theft auto was apsolutely sheeit even though i put 10 hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  11. Oct 19, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V, the game that broke records. This game is few that I believe truly deserve a 10 out of 10. Great graphics, characters, story, gameplay, multiplayer & open-world. This game single-handedly proved that the Xbox 360 had enough hardware than Microsoft clearly thought when they pushed out the Xbox One. The load time in mid-game? non-existent.

The game in a nutshell is
    this: you play as Michael, Trevor, and Franklin. Three criminals who complete multiple tasks and jobs throughout the game, which include robberies, assassinations, rescue missions, and escort missions.

There isn't much I can say that hasn't been already said, because so many people have reviewed this game, but I guarantee, this is one of few games that I would give an amazing, but deserved 10 out of 10. Few games I;ve played are this great, and that's saying something.
  12. Oct 9, 2014
    Overall, this game is amazing. I am giving it a 10, not because its perfect, but because its one of, if not the best game out for Xbox 360. I played online since the first day it was around, and it was a painful process. The menus were so slow, games would freeze mid-load, startup would take about 5-10 solid minutes. They have fixed many issues with online now, and it is significantly better (tho there is still a ton of down time in between missions).

Worth the buy.
  13. Oct 8, 2014
    Bel gioco, ma carente dal punto di vista di storia poche missione e multiplayer che a lungo ad andare diventa noioso e frustrante si aspettano aggiornamenti importanti.
  14. Oct 4, 2014
    An absolutely amazing game. Takes every great aspect of other Rockstar titles and combines them into one awesome package. Gameplay, mission variety, atmosphere, graphics, voice acting ETC, are all top notch.
  15. Oct 3, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto five is one of the best games i have played. It was the game that got me into playing video games.I do play a lot of online , and injoy it being able to rome around kill people own cars,apartments,ex.Also being able to play with friends or troll people.
  16. Oct 3, 2014
    This games is absolutely amazing. Rockstar really put their effort into this game and made it a living game. Unlike grand theft auto 4 this game has more features more updates and more weapons to interact with. Rockstar I don't recommend u to make another grand theft auto because this one was the best,just keep doing those updates and start a new series. GREAT JOB!!!
  17. Sep 28, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V, unlike many games of this generation, is a fit addition and improvement to its series.

The amount of character development in Rockstar's latest installment is not on the level of other games that are known for such development, but the amount of detail given to its three protagonists, their connections to each other, and their lives is admirable. You were not totally
    immersed in each character's ordeal, but this is not what the Grand Theft Auto series is known for. What it IS known for is its ability to blend semi-realistic shooter elements and a good plot generally not given to shooters.

The gameplay elements of the game are incredibly enhanced relative to IV's, especially in combination with the new (rather large) freeroam map. One minute you could be robbing a store and attempting (unsuccessfully) to ramp your car over a railing in an attempt to escape the superhuman police under the more-refined engine of the game and the next you could be flying a (stolen) plane over the beautiful, expansive wilderness areas of Los Santos.

Have you exhausted the singleplayer? Not a fan of collectibles? Well then head on over to GTA Online, one of the quicker-growing multiplayer experiences currently available. The jobs quickly grow boring, but the multiplayer experience depends on just that: having multiple players. Playing with friends is one thing that never grows dull on GTA Online, and the promised addition of more DLC and heists lets the prospect of the future seem all-the-more sweeter.

Overall, GTA V is one of those gems that has managed to not only provide a fulfilling singleplayer AND multiplayer experience, but has also managed to improve on its progenitors and live up to the vast hype that it produced before the release.
  18. Sep 23, 2014
    One of the best games ever made. Each mission seems likes it's ripped out of a frantic action movie, and they're all varied. The characters, voice acting, production values, and story are all amazing. The game play is superb. Rockstar has overhauled the shooting mechanics to make them much more inviting than GTA IV, and the driving has been completely reworked as well. The world is massive, with tons of things to do, and all of it is gorgeous. My only problem was that GTA Online was underwhelming at best, and heists simply were never added. That's a shame, but no reason to overlook this. If you haven't played this game yet (which I doubt), then pick it up immediately, or better yet, wait for the next gen version. I am surely going to purchase this on my Xbox One when it is released to experience this gem again. Expand
  19. Rem
    Sep 21, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto 5 touts itself as one of the most expansive, diverse, and entertaining game. And that is true to a degree. The switching between the three main characters keeps the game from becoming mute, but because of this you cannot really connect with any of the three characters, I mean you could hardly even connect with three killers anyway. What Grand Theft Auto 5 supremely outdoes over GTA 4 is the variety of mission. No longer are you just an errand boy, but a heist master running the strings with a multitude of missions. Though I have to say that the three main characters are less compelling than Niko Bellic. Even the secondary activities have received an upgrade in terms of enjoyment. Also the little tweaks keep annoying bits like calling and restarting missions to a minimum so in the end, you get a package that will allow you to get lost in the world of Los Santos. Expand
  20. Sep 1, 2014
    This game is over rated but it's still very fun. The flaws are that you're pretty much a god in this game. After you beat the game you can just run around with like billion weapons on you. Multiplayer is incomplete but still fun to race around and kill other players.
  21. Aug 21, 2014
    This one should have been a 10 out of 10. If I could say anything to Rockstar it would be that to make the perfect game, all you have to do is give me good gameplay mechanics and tell me a good story. That's all there is to it, so it isn't rocket science. By comparason with Rockstar's savage sendup of the immigrant experience in GTA 4, their story in GTA 5 is tame and dull. I stopped caring about all three of the characters about halfway through the game. I also found myself wondering where the satire had gone.
    However, the city and vehicles may have been enough to save the experience for me had the money making aspects of the game been decent. Here you have properties worth $150,000,000 and no real hope of actually making that much money during the game. Yes, you can hang around and day trade for a year, and maybe get enough money eventually, but I will have moved on to the next Assassin's Creed long before that happens. But, you say, how about Franklin's assassination misssions and the opportunities you have there? Well, if you are offline, you only get two of them, which brings me to one of my biggest gripes, which is the manner in which the online features interfere with the single player game. I have lost patience with these constant attempts to force me to join some BS gaming community just to get the full value of my purchase in terms of the solo play. Playing offline locks me out of the BAWSAQ, which wouldn't be too bad if so many of the investment opportunities, offered by the missions themselves, weren't locked into it. It's a crappy thing to do, Rockstar, and I don't take kindly to it. It kind of makes me feel like you are trying to rip me off somehow. Strike one.
    Then there is Chop. Apparently he can be trained, but not unless I download some BS IFruit App. Strike two.
    Even the enormity of the map is problematic because there is no fast travel feature. Too, there is at least one series of challenge missions that is buried so deep in the game that it is unlikely to be found absent online prompting. Some people may find that sort of thing fun and engaging, I just find it cheap and boring.
    While the idea of being able to switch between 3 characters is a nice innovation in concept, but given just how dull these three guys are, it is no substitute for good story telling.
    So, while the game is pretty, I can't say that I have enjoyed it any more than I did GTA 4, and in fact, have enjoyed it substantially less.
    All of those gripes aired, I am still going to rate it at 9 out of 10. I thought that GTA 4 was nearly the perfect video game and I don't think that GTA 5 improves much on it except in a technical sense, but the technical presentation of GTA 5 is mind blowing. The game is technically flawless, and I have never seen better graphics in any xbox 360 game ever. Given the expanse of the map, you'd expect some popup at least, but the way in which the installation and the play disc interact to take advantage of all the machine's capabilities, eliminates most of it. The audio is excellent and there is no end of variety among the available radio stations, although I have not yet found the talk radio of LS to be anything like as hilarious as that found in LC. I'll give Los Santos this much, the music is better.
    Even given the dullness of the story and of the characters themselves, and even given the arguably crippling effect of tying ones ability to make money to his internet connection, GTA 5 is still a good time. There is definitely enough going on in Los Santos to keep one busy.
  22. Aug 19, 2014
    One of if not the best game I have ever played, very enjoyable. Good storyline and very interesting characters. Online is very fun also. Amazingly beautiful game good enough to be on next gen consoles. A must get for any video game lover!
  23. Aug 11, 2014
    The map is amazingly huge and so many activities! The three character game play was awesome and the Story line was pretty good. Driving feels really hard at first which makes it really fun to drive around with. Same with the planes and helicopters There is a chuck of San Andreas which i liked, and the story line is really long so i enjoyed it for a long time. The heists were awesome and is the first time they put in heists. I'm not really sure if the graphics for the mountains could've been better but other then that, it's one of the best games I've played. Expand
  24. Aug 3, 2014
    Absolutely amazing game. I won't bother writing a proper review for this game as it's been done to death by this point, but I will say it is amazing. The only real faults I have is the radio stations don't have quite enough content for my taste, you can't change the default car of your characters, which makes buying cars kind of redundant, especially with the cars fading away from garage bug, and the money needs to stream in a lot more at the start of the game so that you can actually enjoy buying stuff instead of waiting for that 31 mil hit at the end with some stock market exploits for win.

Other than that and the frame rate issues the game rocked. The three characters are likeable and believable if not exaggerated. The weapons feel great, and have useful customisations. The vehicles have their own perks and the auto shop is a wonderful addition to the game. The city breaths and has a life of its own, the storyline is fun and fresh, the gameplay is awesome as well, with a wide range of missions that truly brought a smile to my dial.

It's great to see the PC movement hasn't quite infected all aspects of gaming yet, and I hope it never will.
  25. Aug 2, 2014
    Groundbreaking game. Enormous open world several times larger than GTA IV's. Character switching is a creative way to keep the game refreshing. Large selection of weapons. Large selection of vehicles. For the car hoarders, it's very difficult to pick your top 16 cars to modify and store because there are so many choices. Unfortunately, Rockstar hasn't perfected police behavior yet - but certainly improved over GTA IV where they would randomly appear. I would give the game a 10/10 if it weren't for the bugs... cars disappear at safehouses for Franklin and Trevor. The garage door sticks shut at Michael's house and cars disappear there on occasion too. The lack of confidence in spending $1-10M on a car in the game out of fear it will disappear sort of ruins the excitement a little. But overall, the game is 100% worth buying, but not perfect. That'll give us something to look forward to with GTA 6. Expand
  26. Aug 1, 2014
    Simply the best GTA game after San Andreas with the return of flyable airplanes and finally brought back all the fun aspects that was lacking since GTA IV and also improved on basically every mechanics in the game such as driving, shooting, etc. This is a game that you simply can not miss out on.
  27. Jul 30, 2014
    The GTA series has managed to impress with every new addition to the series and GTA 5 not only impressed but exceeds exceptions on every front. The game play has been tuned and refined to be the smoothest and most enjoyable game in a GTA game or any game in general. The graphics have to be seen to be believed that they look so good on dated hardware. An the sound and atmosphere is perfect. GTA 5 in the pinnacle of open world games and has raised the bar for gaming in general.
    The only people I could imagine not enjoying this game would be those with very delicate sensibility's as the game is down right vulgar and perverted at times, but that has always been one of the charms of the GTA series.
  28. Jul 30, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V is an exhilarating game that is a must play. The story is quite good that has a nice twist to it, the missions are very fun and action packed, and the characters have their own unique personalities. I do like that each character is doing an activity or has selected a different wardrobe because it feels like that they actually have a life to live outside of when you control them. This Grand Theft Auto has a nice balance between story missions and free roam, and there are a lot to do in each. As opposed to Grand Theft Auto IV the player actually has property to buy and that property generates income and another improvement is the driving, it's a whole lot better. The online portion of the game is amazing too. It's a blast to goof off with friends in free roam and do some missions or racing together. Grand Theft Auto V is an amazing free roam game that has tons of things to do and you'll be playing it for hours upon hours. Expand
  29. Jul 28, 2014
    I was excited massivley for this game i watched the tralier over and over again and when it came out on one day before my birthday and on that day i saw it i was so happy and when i got it and finished the main missions which took a long time because i kept on getting distracted with so much to do races, parachute jumps , side missions,random incounters and the most fun reason driving around like a maniac killing shoting everyone and getting chased by the police my god SOOOOOOO MUCH FUN X). the biggest thing that gta 5 has is mutipule characters Franklin ,Michael and Trevor. The missions in my opinon are some of the best the Rockstar have made the hiests and trevors missions are my presonal favs.The story is good but not as good as gta 4s story but who plays gta for story you play it for the open world gameplay which gta 5 shows its awesomness. The world is beautiful I think its so good that may xbox 360 is killing itself to show it on the screen but the frame rate drops a bit but its hardly noticalble when your having so much fun in this world. the vehicals handle perfectly and the water is the best i have seen in a game. Each character has thier own special ability franklin can slow down time when driving Michael can do the same when shooting and trevor can take a lot of hits and can do more damage.Exploring the world is also so much fun like finding easter eggs who dosen't like that.and then theres the online and my god what can i say about their are jobs to do which are fun like racing and survivals but exploring the world with friends and causing trouble its just the iecing over this lovely and delicious cake. I want to give this game more than 10 out of 10 but i can't do that so if your a fan of the well theres actually no point of saying that because you probably all ready have 10 out of 10 is my verdict Expand
  30. Jul 26, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V is amazing. Rockstar Games managed to squeeze every last ounce out of what the Xbox 360 can do, and the results are obvious. The world is huge, probably the size of GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV and Red Dead Redemption combined. It's filled with detail, and the atmospheric sound design, be it in the city of Los Santos, or in the vast countryside, makes it feel like you're in an actual living breathing environment.

The action is thrilling. Even though aiming is a little more static than in Max Payne 3, it has improved over GTA IV by miles. The game also features its ow action soundtrack, each track amping up every set-piece, making getting involved in action-packed shootouts much more fun.

A very welcome addition is the beefed-up police force. In GTA IV, it sometimes felt they weren't even trying to catch you. In here, however, it's not hard to get pinned by two police cars, which usually means death. Even though the difficulty has been raised significantly; Rockstar has thought about still giving you a fighting chance, by giving all three playable characters their own special ability, such as improved driving reflexes, a rage mode, and slow-motion aiming, which you can use to give the police the tail.

Switching between the three characters, even though it's not as fast as shown in the trailers, is really easy, and soon you'll be doing it a lot.

Grand Theft Auto V incorprates the same weapon system as Red Ded Redemption. Once you aquired a weapon by any means, that weapon will stay in your weapon-wheel, regardless if you've used up all your ammo for it. This is a very welcome addition. And if you feel like a weapon needs that personal touch, you can go to Ammu-Nation and equip it with a silencer, extended magazines, etc. Returning from GTA: San Andreas, you can mod your vehicles too.

GTA Online still leaves some to be desired, but as for the single player, you really can't go wrong with the biggest, most complete Grand Theft Auto game yet.
  31. Jul 24, 2014
    This game is amazing, they fixed most of the problems we had with GTA IV. What I liked about GTA V 1.Rockstar added some of features from the previous GTA's, and other games created 2. Even though they brought back the arcadish driving, it seems better because the car physics aren't boaty like GTA Iv's. I mean the driving GTA V may not be realistic as IV's but it's feels better. 3. Being able to control Franklin, Michael, Trevor at once was incredible. It was something I haven't seen Rockstar games do before.
    4. The cinematic game play was something I also never seen Rockstar do with GTA. There really any loading screens on the single player, after it loads up, and the cinematic gameplay make mission awesome.
    5. The NPC's, and the characters, are very responsive.
    6. The interactions.
    7. The customizations with the cars.
    8. The weapons being customizable.
    9. The online, was finally something could enjoy without role playing without police crew. Unlike GTA IV where you just drive around in a freemode bored, you actually get stuff done.
    10. The new LS looks amazing, and the whole entire map is huge and beautiful .
    11. The updates

My conclusion:
    GTA V has become my favorite GTA. I really hope rockstar, keeps up the good work. I know little bit of San Andreas fanboys wanted a San Andreas clone, (As usual) but this rules. I still like SA, but I like V more.
  32. Jul 22, 2014
    Ridiculously good game. Possibly the best as far as sandbox shoot/drive games go. Tons of little details that will make you say, "that's crazy!"
    Colorful characters, great physics engine, silky smooth gameplay AND online play. What more could you want?
  33. Jul 14, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V. Grand Theft Auto is a series that I was waiting to get my hands on ever since I started playing video games, which was back when I was seven. Back in June, I got that chance when I started playing GTA IV. I will review that game later, as I unfortunately have not completed that game's main story missions yet. This is mostly because I got GTA V only a couple of weeks later. So, is this game deserve the 2013...game...of...okay, you know something, forget the intro, you all know what I'm going to say. This is probably one of the greatest games I have ever played, if not the greatest. Everything about this game is amazing, and Rockstar should be proud of themselves for making it. The gameplay of this game is insanely fun. It gives you a massive open world that you are free to explore from the beginning after completing just the first couple of missions. There is so much to do in this open world that it is insane! You can follow the game's story as you do missions, participate in activities in Los Santos such as tennis or watching movies, customize your characters by giving them different clothing and hair cuts, and so much more! Of course, if you want to just go around shooting everything you see, you can do that too. You can also steal and drive cars. The driving in this game is fantastic! I haven't played a game with driving good since Mario Kart. All of the cars handle nicely, and I feel more like it's my own fault that I crashed in this game than in any other game. The shooting in this game is nice too. You can take cover behind pretty much anything in the open world of Los Santos and shoot from behind cover. As stated however, there is a lot more to do in this game than just driving and shooting. You can also play sports, watch movies, go on the internet, or just explore the state of San Andreas. There is also a main story for you to follow, involving three main characters, Michael, Franklin, and Trevor. This brings up another great thing about the gameplay of this game: there are three main characters, and you can switch between them at any time. They aren't different gameplay-wise, other than their special abilities that make them unique such as Franklin's slow-motion driving. However, they more than make up for this with their different personalities, which I will go over in the story section of this review. It is also remarkably bug free, throughout my playthrough of the game's story, I only encountered one bug while I was playing. However, once I died, the game immediately went back to normal. The story missions are all really fun to play despite a few bugs here and there. It is definitely better than Skyrim was with bugs (Skyrim is still amazing, don't get me wrong, but there were several bugs in it). Overall, this game's gameplay is fantastic, no matter how you decide to play it. As for the graphics, not even Far Cry 3 competes with this game's beautiful graphics. That's right. I have found a game that actually looks better than Far Cry 3. This game is about as realistic as graphics in a video game can get. The game's graphics are vibrant, colorful, and perfectly replicate the looks of a city in California, and the Californian countryside. Everything is rich with detail in this game, and beautiful to look at. As for the story, I think I have a new contender for best story in a video game. It might even make BioShock Infinite's story look bad. This game's story takes you across the state of San Andreas with the game's three main characters. There's Michael: a retired bank robber who just wants to be with his family, Trevor: a psychopath who was a former partner of Michael's, and Franklin: an African American who is new to the criminal scene, and just wants to make a lot of money being a criminal. What follows is a story filled with illegal acts, grittiness, humor, and a fun ride from start to finish. Overall, this game's story is one of the greatest I've ever heard in my life. This game really is a fantastic game from start to finish. It is one of...no, it is the greatest game I have ever played. There is not much more that needs to be said. This game is so good, that I just can't put it down, even after completing its story. All I can say is, if you own an Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3, you absolutely need this game. If you don't own it, go buy it now. Just make sure you can take this game's controversial content.
    Gameplay: 10/10
    Graphics: 10/10
    Story: 10/10
    Overall: 10/10
  34. Jul 5, 2014
    Great Game, I didn't expect that something could reach SA level, but this probably did. Great immersion, great music, great story, superb gameplay.

Good job.
  35. Jul 4, 2014
    The Singleplayer is entertaining and the production value is high. However a lot of the side-missions lack incentive for completing and serve only as minor distractions. Though to the games defense they are all well made and fun. This also applies to the story-missions, which are all entertaining and add twists to what some consider a monotonous formula of "drive here and either shoot, collect or chase something."

GTA online is great. Lot's of modes and missions to play, some are incredibly fun. One that I enjoyed tasked two teams of four with collecting a package and returning it to their home base. The result was an explosive game of tug-of-war. There's a lot to say about GTA-online, but really all you need to know is that it's fun and the range of customisation is impressive.
  36. Jul 4, 2014
    OK, there isn't much to say about a game that cost nearly 265M of US dollars to produce. It's plain perfect. A complete GTA game and the best (along with Vice City) ever created in video games' history (at least for this gen). I hope Rockstar will use the raw potential of the much more powerul XONE and PS4 and create a sequel that'll make once more our jaws drop (like GTA V did when it first hit the market). 10/10 for sure! Expand
  37. Jun 28, 2014
    Having been a long time Gta fan, I thought to myself, could Gta V really beat San Andreas. Yes and well no, Gta V is a masterpiece no doubt, with its immaculate graphics and innovative character storytelling however the unexplainable feeling of accomplishment that was felt in San Andreas was somewhat missing in-existent, It almost made me ponder if such a story as Gta Sa could be beat... Then I went on line. Boom everything that I could imagine came to life. The world and everyone in it, is your sandbox. With non stop dlcs, you can finally show off all that training to others or share in the beautiful world that is San Andreas Expand
  38. Jun 23, 2014
    Summary: Los Santos is a sprawling sun-soaked metropolis full of self-help gurus, starlets and once-important stars. The city was once the envy of the Western world, but is now struggling to stay relevant in an era of economic uncertainty and reality TV. Amidst the chaos, three very different criminals chart their own chances of survival and success: Franklin, a former street gangster, now looking for real opportunities and fat stacks of cash; Michael, a professional ex-con whose retirement is significantly less rosy than he hoped it would be; and Trevor, a violent maniac driven by the chance of a cheap high and the next big score. Rapidly running out of options, the crew risks everything in a series of bolt and dangerous heists that could set them up for the long haul. Expand
  39. Jun 21, 2014
    Never in my life have I been so satisfied with the completion of a Grand Theft Auto game. The three alternate endings make your decisions rattle around in your head for days. A truly fantastic installment in the GTA with refreshing game-play, fantastic and responsive controls and a beautiful open world at your fingertips. Welcome to Los Santos.
  40. Jun 15, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Grand Theft Auto is one of the biggest franchises in the world, and it is world-wide known by gamers, angry parents, and the news (CNN, Fox News). And with it's new entry on the franchise, Grand Theft Auto 5 is one of the biggest games R* Games has ever made, there is a bunch of activities to do in the game. Grand Theft Auto 5 is amazing, it has amazing graphics, gameplay mechanics, and beautiful soundtrack (radio). The story is based around 3 characters with different personalities; Franklin Clinton, a former member of the Grove Street families and he is a realist, he is looking to win some cash after he got fired from his job. Michael De Santa, a retired bank robber who is in a crisis, he has a dysfunctional family, but when he brings down the house of an angry mobster, he will need to pull out some heists in order to win some cash. And last but not least and my personal favorite: Trevor Phillips, he is absolutely what defines the Grand Theft Auto franchise, he sells crystal meth, and also he is a complete psychopath. Franklin, Michael, and Trevor will perform heists in order to win money. And there is also Grand Theft Auto Online, in which you can play with your friends and do a lot of activities in Los Santos.

So far Rock-star games doesn't disappoint.
  41. Jun 12, 2014
    My Pros and Cons list about how I feel about Rockstar's most ambitious Grand Theft Auto V
    PROS:
    - The narrative that Rockstar created is very ambitious and they explained the true meaning of gluttony and vengeance.
    - These TV Shows and topnotch Hollywood movie hits like Breaking Bad and No Country for Old Men appears as Easter Eggs in GTA V which is awesome..!
    - The environment in this
    game totally defines the paradise of Southern California
    - Those graphics looked next gen!
    - The characters in GTA V are hilarious!
    - There are a lot of stuff to do in Los Santos when you're bored
    - Deeper customization on Weapons and Vehicles makes this game special
    - Most of the cutscenes makes me laugh out loud!
    - Driving Mechanics are fun and improved and it beats GTA IV's buttery driving
    - The three main protagonist story makes this game excellent
    - Shooting Mechanics is way much better
    - And last but not least there was Trevor Phillips
    - The Soundtrack that represents Los Santos is very "Glamorous" I wish Rockstar add more songs on the Radio Stations so we can get this party shift going.
    CONS:
    - Grand Theft Auto: Online makes me lose interest on it because of hackers exploiting crap by ruining the online experience for players that wanted to play real hard in Los Santos.
    Rockstar Games delivered one of the best open world sandbox experience in GTA V by bringing a lot of diversity for us to do. but Online didn't worked at all. So I'm not going to count GTA Online on GTA V's cons since GTA Online is a seperate game only for online. So GTA V gets a perfect 10 on this one. Although GTA V is not the best GTA of all time but this GTA gets a perfect score by bringing the best experience for Current Gen players...!
  42. Jun 11, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The GTA series is the best sandbox game out there. Not only is the single mode exciting, lively, full of action, but its also GRREEAAATT. Its online is also a very good part and I think its the best section. You get to create your character buy what you want (earning your money) including cars, apartments, and even clothes! I recommending buying this game right away if you dont already have it. Expand
  43. Jun 3, 2014
    I agree with others, this game deserves a way better score than just 8.1, rather at least 9. I don't know why some people put bad reviews for such an excellent game!
  44. Jun 1, 2014
    A really great game. This story was fantastic and difficult to keep you playing for a long time. The characters are what made the game. Trevor is just so crazy he was so entertaining to watch and use as a playable character. The only criticism are the load times are long and the online isn't amazing, still a fantastic game. It was worth the wait.
  45. May 30, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V makes Hot Coffee look like ghost, the amount of nudity, drug uses, swearing and pretty much everything is here and it some how pulls it off with the great graphics and being good, the characters are something to care about, the heists are amazing (Certainly the Paleto Bay Heist) and a superb variety of stuff to spend on unlike GTA IV which lacked on stuff to buy.
    The
    only thing that ruins the GTA V experience is GTA Online, its not totally terrible, but it lacks on GTA V stuff, we haven't got the stuff we were promised and it is still buggy.

GTA V = 10/10
    With GTA Online = 9.2/10
  46. May 30, 2014
    Great, massive, overwhelming, impressive, all round game. swimming, running, driving, shooting. and everything you can wish. Gta needs no introduction, Amazing experiences worth bullet loads of cash! Rock star games has a winner right here! Bigger and better than any previous Gta. The gaming heaven. You're not playing this game for a emotional story. however a laugh, some fun and some seriously fu*ked up characters to go along with. Expand
  47. May 28, 2014
    One of the only games I give a 10, besides Playstation exclusive The Last Of Us.

What I consider a 10 game is a well developed story, filler activities that keep you engaged, and the replay value. This game gave us excellent graphics, almost photorealistic on the Xbox 360, a funny and intriguing story, and lots of things to buy the money you earned in the game with. Now every game has
    its flaws, the online component of the game could be updated more often, it can get insanely repetitive, and not enough cash is there to be made. This is largely due to the fact that GTA:Online has micro transactions, so they are trying to box players into buying more in game money, because it takes so long to build up enough cash to do what you want online. I take issue with that in some regard, but hey companies have to keep revenue going somehow. Other than that the game is truly a masterpiece. Expand
  48. May 27, 2014
    An awesome game ! I did not liked GTA 4, I was waiting for an other GTA like the San Andreas episode.
    A fun, beautiful and very distracting game ! The Online is a real big change and a good surprise too !

Story is awesome
  49. May 27, 2014
    after playing watch dogs today i realize that this is a masterpiece, i will play it until it hurts is just awesome, cant wait for a new Rockstar game, they deserve everything they have achieve, so many clones of GTA without any good result, so never betray the original sandbox masters.
  50. May 25, 2014
    The story alone will keep you playing for a good 20 hours, adding all the bonus stuff and secrets and you're looking at an extra 15 hours, that's 35 hours just for the single player, add the online mode and you may have a game that'll never die. Aside from the great re-playability of this game, the story, characters, and just about everything else in this game is fantastic, the game looks amazing, the physics engine is phenomenal, the story was extremely well, and I just had an overall blast with this game, 2nd place for GOTY IMO (right after the Zelda game), give it a PC release and I'll give it a 10. Expand
  51. May 22, 2014
    Okay, Arguably the Biggest game of the year, and one of the last big games of the generation, GTA V had a lot of hype surrounding it. And I'll just say that it was worth the wait. The game is pretty damn good. Now some people are gonna disagree with me on certain things I write in this review, most probably about the multiplayer portion of the game, GTA Online. But let e start off with the story portion of the game. It's definitly the best thing you'll get out of this game, at least at the moment. The characters, the setting, the vehicles, the guns, the side-quests, the entire GTA V universe is amazing. The feeling I got after I'd installed the second disc and the game finally began, was just.... damn. I was basically like OHHHAAWWWW SHEEEIT , OH MAH GAWD GTA V, OH MA GAWWD LOOK AT THE GRAPHICS THIS IS THE BEST GAME EVER MADE. Basically, it was hype. Now the game starts off really well, with really likeable characters and good missions, that aren't just go here then there, kill this guy or whatever. they're well mixed and varied. The game actually features some of the best missions in the series, and they usually involve Trevor in some way or form. (Best character in my opinion) The heists are some of the most memorable moments i had with the story mode, especially a certain one, mid way through the game that involves a minigun. But they're not the only stand-out moments, the story between Michael and Trevor is the main driving force through the game, and they're involved in some of the best bit's, with some real tense moments throughout the story. The other character i've not mentioned is Franklin, who in my opinion is out shined by the other two when they're all together. Franklin was best when he was on his with one or the other, or when he was with others, such as Lamar. (who's a really good character as well). The story is filled with well written characters who you'll love and hate, and some great twists and turns.

Now what most people care about is the actual gameplay, which i can say is as fun as it has been. Now there are some changes to how the game plays, which is expected.

The biggest difference from GTA IV is the driving. It's a lot more fast paced and responsive the it previously was, with it veering more towards the feel of the 3D era GTA games, (GTA III, Vice City, San Andreas) which i think is good direction to go in. I didn't have a problem with GTA IV's driving physics, but it did take me a while to get used to them, and I can see that some people would prefer it to GTA IV's. Planes return at last, along with helicopters, boats, cars, motorbikes and bicycles(Finally!). A new addition to the family is the submersible, a submarine that allows easy exploration of the sea. The beautiful sea. Seriously, the sea looks amazing. Water reacts realistically, with waves becoming bigger and more violent during storms, rocking your boat all over the place. The sea is also fully mapped, with collectables scattered throughout it. You can also take a diving suit out, a swim underwater freely, without the need to go back up for air.... Although you may want to keep your wits about you unless you want to become shark food.

Animals have finally arrived into the GTA universe, although they are only really there to immerse you more into the game, they don't really serve any purpose like they did in Red Dead Redemption, another Rockstar game. There is a hunting mini game, but it's not as accessible as it was in Red Dead. When you've done it once, you've really experienced all it's got to give.You can even have a go at bounty hunting, although there are only four bountys in the entire game. Tennis, Golf, Darts and Yoga are Among the more conventional minigames you can have a go at, which is strange because I though they would have included all the other ones for GTA IV and it's episodes, which included Air hockey, Bowling and Pool, all of which would have been great for multiplayer. The story mode is great though overall, with a ton of stuff to do. Loads of missions, side missions, collectables, money to be made (use the stock market!) and fun to be had messing around in the world.

Now to the online portion of the game, GTA Online was hyped up immensely in the pre-release videos that were released for the game, and I have to say that it isn't as good as people expected it to be. While it was said that there would be tons of vareity to the game, and loads of different things to do, it really comes down to what you and your friends come up with while playing to keep the game entertaining.
    Obviously there's a lot of improvement over GTA IV's multiplayer, which was pretty basic, but for some reason i prefer GTA IV's multiplayer over V's. With GTA IV's multiplayer, there was no reason to get angry or annoyed with the game, there was never any penalties for dying or messing about , that's what made it so great. With GTA V's multiplayer, It makes you feel a lot more restrictive in how you play. It's the $.
  52. May 20, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V is definitely a rather different GTA installment from its past entries; this being a good thing but with its weak points as well. Grand Theft Auto V is definitely a big step away from the dark serious story line from the previous GTA, having points in the story that supply you with some humor and lightening moods. Instead of having a dark story about a war veteran who is seeking someone who betrayed him and his own men, you have 3 new characters with there own story that intertwine with each other. The gameplay is also a huge difference than the other GTA games. Being more fluid and smooth, and beautiful graphics. Imagine: driving a red convertible up a high mountain that over looks a small sea and desert as the sun sets while bleeding red rays of light across the sky…..and suddenly you get distracted by the beauty and you run off the road and go crashing down the mountain which results in your car exploding and the screen displays the text, "Wasted". This is the Grand Theft Auto V experience. You can access your weapons a lot quicker and much more accurate. Your cell phone has a bigger use and the in game internet is like a real online community. Driving is a lot more like a driving game rather than driving boats through the streets. GTA IV was famous for its boat like driving in case you didn't get my statement. But most vehicles in the game have the same handling but different speeds. You can customize your cars to a great depth in detail. But it would be a lot more adventurous to be able to design your own custom details and apply them to your car, like the Forza series. Another thing is the car smashing and CARnage in the game can get somewhat not so exciting when you just want to smash your car to bits. It would've been outstanding to have soft car physics. Maybe we will see a GTA title in the future on next gen that features this. Running and combat in the game is also a great improvement. Instead of awkward melee combat you have a pretty well done fist fight sequence that can take place anytime and anywhere. All in all, Grand Theft Auto V is an outstanding game, probably one of the best games of the generation. I highly recommend this to anyone who enjoys open world games and a very fun time. Expand
  53. May 16, 2014
    Very well put together game with great story line, fun missions, there was obviously a lot of effort and money put into this game and it paid off. Very enjoyable game you can get a lot out of it with the online and side missions, or blowing **** up for fun haha. Great game highly recommended.
  54. May 3, 2014
    Brilliant execution on nearly all points. Lag/chop on XBOX showing the age of the system, unfortunately. But you'll quickly forget about that annoyance as you get lost in the hours and hours of things to do in a beautifully crafted environment. Voice acting is stellar, heists are phenomenal, and we can finally save the game without having to go home to bed. Multiplayer is actually fun and almost as engaging as the single player. If you can't get behind bad protagonists, you're in the wrong game to begin with (your first clue should have been the title), and if you're complaining about the graphics you need your eyes checked. A++ for Rockstar. Will be playing this for a long time. Expand
  55. May 3, 2014
    This game is cool. I mean, look at the gameplay! They added some new features like animals and anything. Although I am no longer a GTA fan, I'm still liking this game.
  56. Apr 30, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. By far the best Grand Theft Auto since San Andreas. Yes, it does have it's weak points but overall is a great game.

Pros:
    -Great Storyline feature three playable characters with their own personalities
    -Customizable missions where you can choose how YOU want to play the mission.
    -Extra side missions such as Strangers and Freaks make the game longer and more interesting
    -Activities such as Tennis, Strip Clubs, Darts, golf, Hunting, etc. add additional content even after beating the game
    -The Map is Amazing! There's tons of world to explore including the depths of the ocean, desert, mountains, city. Just exploring is a game in itself.
    -Car customization (even though it's expensive on the game it adds depth)
    -Character customization (Haircuts, Tattoos, clothing)
    -Playable Stock market is fun if you understand how it works
    -You can buy businesses and earn money from them
    -You can talk to fellow pedestrians and hold conversations
    -The soundtrack is awesome with styles from Country to Metal.
    -Overall there is so much on this game you will never get bored!

Cons:
    -The Cops (very difficult to get away from and overall unrealistic, wanted harder cops than GTA 4 but not unrealistic difficult like this game has, and little piddly crimes such as flipping someone off or talking bad to a pedestrian gets you a wanted level)
    -You only can have one safehouse, would have wished to have a GTA like San Andreas again where you could buy multiple houses. (They at least give you an extra garage on this one to put cars in but still disappointing)
    -Game does glitch and have drop ins at times (Not a big deal considering the map size but still can get annoying)
    -New updates and online mode are disappointing

Overall Rating 9/10: A HUGE step up from GTA 4. Essentially the way I view this game is that is GTA San Andreas for Xbox 360 with a better storyline and larger map but same concept. GTA 4 was fun but overall the gameplay got boring after a while with the same city environment and not a whole lot to do. This blows GTA 4 out of the water! Yes there are disappointments but it's to be expected as they can't please everyone and what everyone wanted in a GTA and plus the disappointments are more just minor annoyances. Not quite a 10 due to the Cons I mentioned making it annoying at times but definitely a 9/10 as overall it is fun, the best GTA with the best map and you will never get bored playing it!
  57. Apr 29, 2014
    I hope we continue the trend of better gameplay, bigger more interesting sandbox map, and an online universe in future GTA games.

There's so much to do in one game. You can parachute off buildings, out of planes, and off of cliffs, Hijack supersonic jets, drive across a massive sandbox map in a stolen Buggatti. Basically everything you would expect and way more.

Let me elaborate on
    the map size. You can drive through a decent sized city, wind through a neighborhood of mansions and look down on the city from the Hollywood sign (or Vinewood in the GTA- verse) and you haven't even scratched the surface. Overall, a game well worth its price because you'll be playing it for hours on end, GTA has always been fun as a series but has always had issues in graphics, or physics but it has thrown those issues aside and became a good series to a great series. Expand
  58. Apr 27, 2014
    It is rare to find an open world game that not only has a vast array of options for the player, but also has the level of polish that Grand Theft Auto 5 has. The main story may not have the focus that Niko's quest for the American dream had, and there are a few 'nit-picks' I have with Rockstar's choices e.g. flight controls, cheat codes not on phone. However these are small blemishes on an otherwise stellar video game experience. Expand
  59. Apr 19, 2014
    This game is amazing. The story is full of exciting missions and it also features a very interesting story. There are plenty of fun activities to do as well, such as hunting, racing, and plenty more. However, I do have a few complaints. First, the car customization is decen, but it pales in comparison to games like Forza, Midnight Club, and Saints Row. Secondly, there are only a handful of street races. Other than those few complaints, I think the game is perfect. Expand
  60. Apr 18, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This may be the best grand theft auto game there is it is an fantastic game but there are some flaws within its greatness. For instances the last choice is good but an bit stupid if you are attached to all three characters. Unless you dislike an main protagonist you would chose the one you disliked. Over all it is a good game I would tell you to buy it. Expand
  61. Apr 17, 2014
    [Sorry for my english, I'm french]
    There are already lots of reviews but I'll write mine.
    This game is simply my favorite game of all time ! It is a travel to a world where I would live :)
    This GTA is more than a GTA, every mecanics are perfect, play this game is a pure pleasure, the story is bewitching, the 3 characters bring to the game a brilliant way to play, the graphics are
    amazing and the map too...
    There are so many things to do about this masterpiece...
    I have already written lots of review about this game for my country, France, so I'm tired of tell everytime the same things but this "game" is AMAZING, that's a fact !
  62. Apr 16, 2014
    Awesome graphics,awesome game play,awesome story,everything in this game is awesome.The mechanic of use 3 characters in the same time works pretty well.The multiplayer is one of the best online modes I ever seen.Better than San Andreas,better than GTA lV,the best GTA of all time(until now,of course)
  63. Apr 15, 2014
    YAHSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS WERK IT **** YOU FABULOUS WHORE. I **** LOVE THIS GAME ITS SO MUCH FUN TO RUN OVER WHORES ALL DAY. It's a fun game. You should play it.
  64. Apr 13, 2014
    One main problem of GTA IV was how grey it was. So what does Rockstar North do? Bakes a nice pie, and SLAMS it into the face of LIberty City. HD graphics, seamless online play, drivable vechicles, and a great story. Once you've beaten the game, CHEAT. It's worth it, trust me. If that gets, boring, play online. I love this game, you should too. If you don't...
    GO **** YOURSELF.
  65. Apr 5, 2014
    Great story. Great gameplay. Great game. The individual stories of the three main characters include satires of popular shows like Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy and more. Gameplay and mechanics are pretty polished. Graphics are great, especially since it runs on 8 year old hardware. Do not hesitate to buy.
  66. Apr 5, 2014
    A superb creation of incomparable detail and awe that is filled to the brim with interesting content and hilarious satire of American culture. The story focuses on three anti-heroes who pull off a series of explosive heists. The single-player took me about 50 hours to complete, including a few of the shenanigans and side-activities I participated in. I have put almost 150 hours into the online portion of the game that is, while flawed, an extremely fun variety of missions, races and deathmatches of the highest caliber. Grand Theft Auto V fulfills the empty promises Grand Theft Auto IV put forward back in 2008 and I think it's safe to say that the game is possibly the best open world game ever crafted. Bravo Rockstar. Expand
  67. Apr 4, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V, along with Grand Theft Auto Online, is a great package. The single player is engrossing and epic. The multiplayer will keep you busy for hours. The attention to detail is unbelievable. All must play this game.
  68. Mar 28, 2014
    The most influencial gameplay that i've ever played! With three-time anti hero, Los Santos had never been better, with the Gangsters, Bank Robber, and the psychopath guy which was three-time awesome. The system was really awesome with the core mechanic and 10 times kicking than Grand Theft Auto IV!
  69. Mar 25, 2014
    A fantastic game and definitely one of their best for both offline and online playing.

Well worth its full retail price

Its a whooping 12 out of 10 by me :D
  70. Mar 24, 2014
    The evolution of living breathing virtual worlds is incredible. Even if you don't care about the story and all you want to do is absorb the atmosphere, drive around and go sightseeing, then still this game is worth your time. Free roaming in GTA 5 is like going on a virtual vacation.
  71. Mar 24, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V is a beautiful game. I was amazingly hyped for this game since I first saw the logo a few years back, even though I didn't know if it was legit or not. At first, I was a bit skeptic about the idea that we'll be able to play with three different characters. And now I can't see myself playing GTA V with only one character. The voice actors for Michael, Franklin and Trevor are great. Even though the majority of the conversations contains a lot of shouting. I love it. My favourite character is without a doubt, Michael. He reminds me of one of the greatest characters ever written, Tony Soprano. I'm not going to dig into that, you have to experience that by yourself. And if you don't know who Tony Soprano is, well, you should. I can't think of any negative thing to say about the main story/single player. It truly is amazing. The mechanics in the game is extremely satisfying. The way that all three characters act during a gunfight is really good. It feels so alive!

Now on to the online mode. Rockstar did a great job hyping the online mode. Oh, how disappointed I was. I knew that the servers were to crash on the release date, that's not it. But the amount of content that was available was just ridiculous. The promised us heists and jobs with variety. The jobs are pretty much all the same. Go there, kill them, get that, bring it back. And I'm still waiting for the heists. Don't get me wrong, there are still some parts of the online mode that I like. The racing for example is great, and driving up Mt. Chiliad with a car that most likely wouldn't be able to get up there in the first place and then drive off the ledge and watch it fly down and bounce around in the woods is hilarious, every time.

Grand Theft Auto V is a great game. You got to play it. It's worth every penny. I would give it a 10 if it weren't for the lack of content in the online mode.

Buy the game, play it, enjoy it, I bet you will.
  72. Mar 19, 2014
    Perfect, perfect,perfect....one of the best game ever made of all time...awesome story,graphics,voice actors,gameplay,missions,characters,MULTIPLAYER...EVERYTHING....just one thing pissed me off in this game...there is no gang wars or steal stash (just like tlad and tbogt did)...execpt that...it's an amazing game..you cant missed...
  73. Mar 15, 2014
    The world of grand theft auto 5 is immense in detail with every part of the huge map as detailed as the next whether it's the busy city streets or a lonely country road. The narrative of grand theft auto 5 revolves around three main characters Michael,Franklin and Trevor. All of these characters are very well voice acted with an espicially stand-out performance from Steven Ogg (Trevor). Everything in grand theft auto 5 feels like a combination of everything great from Rockstar's earlier games Max Payne 3's shooting, Red dead redemption's animals and nature and midnight clubs driving mechanics and a story that unlike GTA IV dosent take itself to seriously. This game does not deserve the bad user score and should keep Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 gamers playing for a long time. Expand
  74. Mar 13, 2014
    In GTA4 Rockstar created a living city, with 5 they've created a living, breathing, pulsating world led by three contrasting main characters whose very personalities and story arcs allow the player to vary their style from sensible story following to rampant carnage without ruining the intended experience of the overall storyline. With all the hype this needed to be Rockstars crowning achievement to date, and the Pixar of video game studios does not disappoint. Expand
  75. Mar 10, 2014
    This was one of my favorite games of 2013 and the first gta game that I played and I'm glad that i decided to play this series it had a really interesting and mature story and the open world was fun to explore and run around in. (Be warned this a very mature game and is not for kids!!)
  76. Mar 8, 2014
    What in also wondered why they didn't have babies in the gta you see pregnant people or babies anywhere I just wish it was more like the sims 3 but you can go actually into the stores .i know I might sound crazy but I wish it was just more real we're you can be a celebrity and go into miscellaneous stores buy things gated communities paparazzi following you making it more like celebrities and real life just going into restaurants paying the restaurants valet parking and god plz answer this y is there just a girl a pretty girl customize it where it loos exactly like you I know your probably thinking just get the sims but I do already have it I just thought gta would be more were you can walk in to buildings get a reality show call your friends to go go dinner Expand
  77. Mar 5, 2014
    screw gta 4 this one is better . and i love it but gta 4 is 99% great i love the gta 5 the characters in gta 5 are great . and a whole new level of awsome .
  78. Mar 5, 2014
    The newest R*games title brings us freedom and a brand new world to be explored. I'll not lie, I was so anxious, I couldn't wait for this game. I thought that it would be the greatest game of all time. I was not disappointed at all. The game is excellent, the story is cool, the graphics are so much well made and the gameplay is one of the bests. But sure it has it problems. And they aren't a bit. So many bugs, glitches, especially in the online mode made me almost stopping playing this game. I'm sure that every game has problems, but GTA 5 has too much. That's is the problem of making a very well constructed game to our current and delayed generation. The requirements are high for a 2005 console. Hope they launch the PC, PS4 and XOne versions to we really see GTA without being shy. Expand
  79. Mar 1, 2014
    Amazing game, I think it was the best game of 2013, but what I liked was a bit of physical and also removed the internet café. But the scenery, vehicles, animals and missions that struck me were great, with good design, and you see that Rockstar Games worked hard to create this smash hit game.
  80. Ape
    Feb 26, 2014
    It's a good game but kinda iffy gta game. As a game itself, it's pretty cool. Lots to do, lots to see, very open world. But at the same time, a lot of that world is empty and leaves you wanting for more. I'm giving it a 9 because even though it could have been better with its story telling I still had a lot of fun playing it and there's so much to do you will feel like you got your money's worth. I'm still waiting for it in PC however, to really take advantage of those great graphics I know are being held back by console systems. Expand
  81. Feb 20, 2014
    As a fat gay dad, this game really appealed to my anarchistic side! There's so much to love about this game, the weapons, the cars, the heists, the characters, the story. It's all fantastic. The game had a very rocky multiplayer launch, but when that eventually settled down that aspect was excellent as well.

I highly recommend this game, it has a penis in it and the occasional obese woman.
  82. Feb 20, 2014
    Best Game Everrrrrr!!! The games story wasn't the best but it was just so fun and just the humongous size of the map was very impressive. The graphics were also very good and it had some funny parts in it that just make you laugh. I have never liked the auto aim and i didn't like it here but it was fine since I was still able to get passed all the levels.
  83. Feb 18, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V, what a game. The car physics are better (Not necessarily more realistic) and even the rag-doll's are better along with the graphics. But that's all to be expected, Grand Theft Auto V brought one of the best story's ever to the franchise. This is a lot different than the usual "New kid on the block" up bringing's of the main character. Instead they went for a refreshing take, Your introduced to multiple main character's. At first when I heard this I though it was a bad Idea, but after playing I realize it's a fantastic mechanic to have. That and the three completely different backgrounds they have really let play's try and find a match for them. but don't even get me started on the usual kick-ass and take names game play, The game doesn't suffer any downs when it comes to combat. Bloody messes, cops, and a lot of destroy cars sums up my experience. It's amazing to just go out and explore the world Rock Star created for you to. he many of Easter eggs and other activity's you can do it limitless. One praise I love to give this game it that its a huge example of a franchise that can make many different game and still impress us every time (unlike other large franchises). So this does deserve 9/10 from me, it's not a perfect game but the closest Grand Theft Auto has gotten. Keep the hits coming Rock Star. Expand
  84. Feb 18, 2014
    I always really disliked the GTA franchise, however, I gave GTA V a shot and I have not regretted it. With a very well executed storyline, gameplay (offline and online), and so much more, GTA V is without a doubt a pure masterpiece of a video game
  85. Feb 11, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V successfully takes us back into the new viewpoints of San Andreas,meanwhile digging deeper into its concepts and determination of the darker side of the American Dream. It may not capture the dark manners that the stories of Niko Bellic and John Marston pushed, but it also blown our minds by expanding a cool non-linear narrative structure for its three leads (Trevor is honestly the greatest, but also, the most violent of them all) and combining them with amazing mechanics, totally superb activities, improved driving and gunplay (go play Midnight Club or Red Dead Redemption), and
    the mind-blowing sights of a sun-soaked metropolis struggling to survive by being occupied by TV and pleasure, but messed by wiseguys and self-help gurus. If the sequel is about the darker side of the American Dream, then GTA V explains it more by explaining the cruel reality of the American Dream by further explaining that it does make cruel fun of what is most important: sex, violence, drugs, mayhem, corruption, misogyny, torture, psychopathic, and the pursuit of the mighty American dollar bill. By all of that, Grand Theft Auto V is still everything we all want to expect: beautiful, brutal, sexy, high, disturbing,
    and somehow highly expanded, partially due to activities, improvements, and the wealth of fortune.
  86. Feb 11, 2014
    Before I start the review i just think its funny how many PC people come over and leave terrible scores. Anyway GTA 5 is on of the best game I have ever played. I love all three of the characters and the story is great. Lots of people are saying that the story is long but I think its the perfect length. The only reason I Didn't give it a 10 is because I think there should have been more animals and I was replaying a mission and when I came back all the stangers and freaks werent there. Great game you should go pick it up right now. Expand
  87. Feb 3, 2014
    Arguably the best game of this generation, GTA V is basically everything you could ever ask for. Offline, the story is going to keep your occupied for days and online, you're going to be occupied for weeks! Pimp up your car to win races, complete jobs with friends and play the odd team death match and you're not going to want to put your controller down. Even when you aren't completing objectives, there's still fun in driving busses off the tops of skyscrapers, racing down mountains on dirt bikes and throwing C4 at your friends over and over again. Expand
  88. Jan 29, 2014
    Multiplayer is a lot of fun, several missions in the game are tons of fun, especially the heist missions, and the city of Los Santos is great to roam around. However, I wished the story and characters were fleshed out a bit more.
  89. Jan 27, 2014
    I personally love Grand Theft Auto 5. Though I have never really seen or played the story mode myself the online is fantastic. You can mess around as much as you want, make your own maps, and just have a fantastic time.
  90. Jan 25, 2014
    I found this game to be amazing, it had a beautiful environment, amazing characters, great dialogue and was over all a blast to play. You will never get bored of this game because of how much stuff there is to do with it.You have your regular GTA stuff, as in the single player campaign, going on rampages and doing absolutely ridiculous things, and that is not to mention GTA Online, which adds so much more to the game. Even though it has all this amazing stuff about it, like every game it has it's flaws, one thing that I didn't personally like was the driving controls and how they felt, but that is yet again personal preference, some people will like it and others won't. Over all I think GTA V has passed GTA IV in many ways and is worth the buy in all cases. With it's amazing game play, great story-line, and perfect dialogue, it deserves a 9/10, maybe even higher once the PC version comes out and we get some mods on it. Expand
  91. Jan 25, 2014
    This game is just amazing. It may have violent things in it, nudity, blood, gore, and all that, but its only a game. Stop being so butt hurt about it, its not a real person doing this, its just a game for people to have fun on, and enjoy themselves. There's so much fun stuff to do, including the online mode, which is just amazing, so is single player, It is so fun, and if you are angry, take it out on this game by doing the violent things in it, if you just want to have fun, so, get it. Plus, kids should be able to play this game, its not like they will do that in real life! Expand
  92. Jan 23, 2014
    This is one of those few games that you absolutely must own. The story is great, the graphics are AMAZING, the gameplay is wonderful, and GTA Online is the funnest I have ever had with multiplayer. Worth the $60 or your regional equivalent.
  93. Jan 22, 2014
    (Entry 2)
    Grand Theft Auto 5 is the second best game of 2013 in my list of favorites do to the massive open world full of mystery and wonder to find as you play as three law braking criminals that come together and pull of bank robbery's and other criminal actions such as grand theft,murder,store robbery's and much more and if this doesn't make you love the game there are other things you
    can do like play tennis go to strip clubs and get drunk off your ass just in one game to when was the last game you've seen that will let you brake in to a military base hijack a jet and then kill every one in the city and parachute in front of you house and then sit down and watch tv tell me come on tell me that's right you can't because you never played a game like this so go now and buy it. Expand
  94. Jan 21, 2014
    Best game I have played!

Ratings:

Graphics: 9/10

Storyline: 7/10

Gameplay: 10/10

Characters: 10/10

Instead of buying a next gen console and replacing it, go ahead and buy this for the next year or two!
  95. Jan 18, 2014
    Everything and more!
    Rockstar always goes the extra mile and they've proved it in there new installment GTA V.
    10/10 in every area could be game of the decade.
  96. Jan 18, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V is a behemoth to worship. It's story, it's characters, it's pure originality makes one of the best videogames ever made. Sure there was a huge mess up with GTA Online, but Rockstar was not prepared for the obvious appreciation of the game. I do agree the game should have been focused on a little longer, but at the same time i'm glad I have it in my hands and can play it with my friends. It will be played for years to come just like GTA IV and I can't wait. 9/10 Excellent. Expand
  97. Jan 13, 2014
    GTA 5 is an incredibly well written satire on many subjects including the the American dream and modern Advertising. This is especially found in the commentary on the radio stations, particularly Talk Radio. The satire is brilliant and hilarious, and is with out a doubt my favourite thing about GTA 5. The 3 Characters are very well acted, especially Trevor , but the other two are great as well. Games fun as hell too. I find most people that don't like it, don't get the satire in the game or satire in general. Expand
  98. Jan 13, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. GTA V Review
    Evan Smith

Millions of gamers around the world lined up outside of stores on September 17th to obtain their brand new copy of Grand Theft Auto five. After years of work, game designers at Rock star Games have put together a masterpiece that as blown away players and fans. The setting takes place mainly in the lively city of Los Santos, San Andreas. Designers molded this metropolis after the well-known city of Los Angeles. Made to be one of the biggest free roaming game landscapes of all time, the land stretches beyond the city into a more desert landscape. Not only is the game space enormous, crisp new graphics bring a new feel to the game. Pinpoint graphic design allows the player to experience the beauty of a true fiery desert sunset right at home. Explosions look exceptionally sharp, and views of the lit up city from a distance bring an ultimately real feel to the gaming experience.
    The story line for GTA 5 follows three separate characters that all have their eye on two things, the rush of crime and the desire for cash. Through out the campaign, the gamer is able to switch to any of these characters at almost anytime. The first character the gamer meets is Franklin, a young man that lives in south Los Santos. This part of the city takes on a more ghetto and crime ridden scene. Franklin works a steady job as a repo man with his bad influence of a friend Lamar. Together they also take on small illegal jobs in order to make some extra cash. Soon enough, Franklin runs into a man named Michel. In the start of the game, Michel is retired from his old job as a professional thief. Living a depressing life in the rich part of the city named Rock Ford hills with his family that constantly bugs him. He spends most days drinking on his back patio by the pool or watching old time movies. When Michel meets Franklin he finds him steeling away his car for a repo job. Understanding of the actions of a thief, Michel takes small time criminal Franklin and shows him the way of a big score job. After their first big cash intake, Michel found his criminal rush again and Franklin learned how to make major coin.
    Michel’s old best friend and partner in crime Trevor believed Michel to be dead after a heist went terribly wrong. His crazy personality brings a lot of humor to the game and makes the story line more exciting. After seeing reports of the big score Michel and Franklin just hit, Trevor can tell it was Michel’s work and goes to Los Santos with revenge in mind. When they first see each other it is awkward at first, but soon enough they fall back into their old partner ship and begin taking on several well thought out heists along with Franklin.
    The game play was redesigned from GTA 4. Taking on heists with the team of three requires the character switch ability. Using this new feature provides a view of the story line from three separate perspectives that keeps players interested with different story lines that slowly intertwine through out the game. This brilliant addition brings a different feel to the game campaign. Instead of taking on jobs solo in the previous game, gamers now are responsible for a team of three. Also, the new weapon switching system provided in the game provides the game play with fast flow and swift gear changes. What used to take forever to find the weapon of choice now takes less than a second.
    My personal favorite new feature added to this game was the ability to suit up cars in any chop shop. With many different choices, customizable options seem to be limitless. Not only can players make cars look sharp but they can also install some of the most powerful engines, top of the line breaks, turbo, and more. Driving in this game is breath taking. With a major change from Liberty City, wheels on cars no longer feel like jelly. Flawless control behind the wheel allows the player to take their driving skill to a new level. During the game players will take on fast street races that could make them a little richer.
    With so much to do in this game from skydiving, to snorkeling, to flying an F16 fighter jet, options are vast. Players can even invest in the stock market to make millions fast. If one is really desperate, they can rob gas stations and liquor stores at the price of being chased by the LSPD. Police in this game compared to the last are extremely ruthless and will search for the player everywhere. Rock Star decided to stick with the star alert system for the police. This simple system has brought an original feeling to each GTA created through out the years. I am glad they decided to keep their traditions that have made the game what it is today.
    The story line evolves perfectly and kept me asking for more constantly. This revolutionary game has set the standards for modern gaming. Its seemingly limitless agenda and vast world can keep the gamer involved for weeks or maybe even months for casual gamers. I Give this game a perfect 10
  99. Jan 11, 2014
    I was never a gta fan until this game, once I started playing I kept playing. I really enjoyed the story mode an the multiplayer definitely deserves game of the year and I hope for future dlc. YOU ROCK ROCKSTAR!!!!!
  100. Jan 11, 2014
    This game is fantastic!
    I mean, I've never played other GTA series before and I decided to play GTA 5 because my boyfriend told me it's amazing.
    So I bought it and tried to play it and it was the best decision I've ever made in my life.
    Just like assassin's creed 2, GTA 5 changed my life.
    The atmosphere is so lively so realistic, and I felt like I was actually inside that world

amazing plot, character ( Michael is so cute) and everything u could ever imagine from the BEST VIDEO GAME
    I don't know how I could describe it in a better way, kinda speechless, just buy it now if u still haven't played it yet and I can assure u that you'll never regret it
    AMAZING!

1. Dec 12, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto V offers one of the best sandbox experiences ever, filled to the brink with stuff to do. The vistas are magnificent and amazing stuff just seems to happen wherever you go. But at the same time the story is tired and the characters unoriginal. Your appreciation of Grand Theft Auto V will depend of what you want out of the series. The freedom and joy of discovery is hard to beat but the rest still has some ways left to go.
  2. Nov 6, 2013
    GTA V continues the game series' tradition of raising the bar for open world action games.
  3. Nov 5, 2013
    Tons of gameplay hours, plenty of missions and activities with an awesome collection of vehicles of various modes of transportation and a large array of firearms put the grandeur once again into Grand Theft Auto.