8.3

1. Nov 11, 2013
    Absolutely love this game.
    When I can play it .it needs to update taking 45 mins or closer to an hour and a half .like I unlocked the iPad found the browser ,found this page, created this profile an hour into it and its still not updated .i only play this game when I have free time to play, and waiting for this game every time I turn it on is getting on my nerves just a little.
  2. Nov 10, 2013
    A good game. Not,not just a great game. A LEGENDARY game. There are some flaws in the game,but not every game is perfect and besides,the flaws are so small you can't tell the difference. A must own.

What are you waiting for? Go to your nearest gamestop and buy this thing,and play it with every ounce of your soul.
  3. Nov 10, 2013
    Excellent and exciting story with a good interaction between the three characters, amazing graphics and sound effects, phisic realism and a nice gameplay. GAME OF THE YEAR.
  4. Nov 10, 2013
    Single player run through was one of the best experiences I have had in gaming. The switching between the three characters and was amazingly done. The multiplayer became stale after awhile though. But most games do. I still have to give it a 10 out of 10.
  5. Nov 10, 2013
    I wanted to take my time before I put down words on this game. First of all I want to say I've been waiting for the opportunity to do GTA mission with other players for well over ten years. The game "does" deliver this capability but it feels like minimal effort was put into this aspect of the game. All in all, this online launch feels, at best, half-assed. The impression that I get isI wanted to take my time before I put down words on this game. First of all I want to say I've been waiting for the opportunity to do GTA mission with other players for well over ten years. The game "does" deliver this capability but it feels like minimal effort was put into this aspect of the game. All in all, this online launch feels, at best, half-assed. The impression that I get is that Rockstar is simply using this online release as nothing more than an extended beta-test so they can shake down all the bugs, balance issues and exploits for the Xbox One, PS4 and PC launches down the road.

I've never, in my life experienced something as frustrating as having dozens of hours of online gameplay progress disappear without warning. The deathmatch game modes are, at best, lackluster. The racing is ultimately frustrating and annoying. The mission variety feels repetitive and bland. The versus missions ultimately feel unbalanced and like they lack play-testing.

The world it's self is however, truly magnificent. A true joy to explore and interact with other players in.
  6. Nov 8, 2013
    This game was brilliantly made, story line was pretty much perfect, the way you switch your characters and all fits together amazing! The physics on the game were incredible very real life simulated. Graphics Top notch shame not to see on the new gen consoles. I loved all the GTA games and this one is by far the best and favorite.
  7. Nov 8, 2013
    GTA 5 goes where no other grand theft auto game has gone. The online feels sort of like an MMO and all the things you can do with your friends is just limitless. The single player is good; not as good as GTA 4, but multiplayer is where its at. Rockstar is doing everything in its power to fix any issues with online service and for that I give Grand Theft Auto a 10/10. This game can easilyGTA 5 goes where no other grand theft auto game has gone. The online feels sort of like an MMO and all the things you can do with your friends is just limitless. The single player is good; not as good as GTA 4, but multiplayer is where its at. Rockstar is doing everything in its power to fix any issues with online service and for that I give Grand Theft Auto a 10/10. This game can easily be the game of the decade. Expand
  8. Nov 8, 2013
    Game is awesome. Could be a little better, but it will be once a PC release happens. Story was good but seemed a little shorter then previous games. MP is fun even after all the fiasco.

The only thing is I'm a pc gamers and trying to place this on the 360 is hurting my eyes.
  9. Nov 8, 2013
    You can obviously tell alot of work has gone into making this game what it is. Grand Theft Auto V kept me busy for hours on end, whether it be the main storyline, side missions, free roaming and now online mode.
  10. Nov 8, 2013
    Overall a very well polished game, filled with content, variety and replayability. Almost every element of the game is perfect, and it only really has a couple of flaws such as the lack of more interiors, safehouses in SP and some other minor nitpicky things that are basically worth nothing when you compare it to the sheer amount of things that the game has and does well. 10/10 for me.
  11. Nov 8, 2013
    Rockstar and Grand Theft Auto have always brought something new to the table when it comes to video games and yet again they haven't disappointed here. Grand Theft Auto 5's Los Santos is beautiful, compared to GTA 4's Liberty City, Los Santos is full of colour and is astonishingly beautiful to look at night and day. The map just doesn't stop there, you can leave the city past the VinewoodRockstar and Grand Theft Auto have always brought something new to the table when it comes to video games and yet again they haven't disappointed here. Grand Theft Auto 5's Los Santos is beautiful, compared to GTA 4's Liberty City, Los Santos is full of colour and is astonishingly beautiful to look at night and day. The map just doesn't stop there, you can leave the city past the Vinewood Sign and venture through Los Santos County and Blaine County. The detail put into the country side is again amazing, you will see animals running wild, hikers climbing Mount Chilliad and surrounding hills and even other characters racing dirt bikes and quads throughout the land. It really does feel like a real life world which helps immerse you into the game.

Grand Theft Auto is also known for having great protagonists and in GTA 5's case their isn't one but three protagonist's each with their own messed up stories. First up is Michael, a 50 year old retired bank robber who's Hollywood lifestyle doesn't fulfil him. During the prologue mission Michael was shot and struck a deal with the FIB to change his identify and let him walk free. His best friend Trevor, our second protagonist whom's also on the prologue mission who ran away and was never caught is simply, a crazy maniac. He is every GTA gamer who plays to cause a rampage and kill everything in their sights. He currently hides out in Blaine County in his hill billy trailer causing mayhem and havoc where ever he goes, whether it be killing rival drug dealers or blowing up their homes. Lastly is Franklin, a gang banger who wants out of the gang lifestyle and strike it rich without selling dope or re-possessing cars for Simeon. Each character has their own special ability which suits their lifestyle, Michael can slow down time with his Max Payne Bullet Time like ability, Trevor can deal double damage and take a lot lot less damage whereas Franklin the driver can slow time whilst driving to help you manoeuvre your way through traffic.

The story of GTAV is short but sweet, you'll bring down houses, rob banks, steal military equipment and ehm... mop floors. Exciting for the most part. The story brings our three would be heroes together as they are all chasing something different but want the same thing. Michael wants his old lifestyle back, Trevor just wants to cause mayhem and get his business running whilst Franklin is in it for the money but as we know things never go as they're supposed to. After the first heist the FIB get in contact with Michael as he's broke his rules for staying quite and the group is thrown into the corrupt game of politics of the FIB and IAA. The story will fall into others like Devin Weston, a billionaire who gets criminals to do his dirty work and who better than our three man group?

If that wasn't convinced you to go buy it then hopefully this will; the game is filled with guns, cars, clothes, tattoo's, hair cuts and more! You can customise the characters and their guns and cars they own. Bringing back the car customization from GTA: SA and extending it further you can change the car's colour, add spoilers, tint the windows and make the tyres bulletproof. For weapons, you can add silencers, scopes, grips, torches and change their colour. There are now more clothes in GTAV compared to GTAIV every character with their own set of clothes. Characters can also buy businesses like a Cab Company so they no longer need to pay for cab rides and buy a heli pad to store the helicopters they buy or steal, there are also plane hangers and boat docks to store planes and boats at. If you run short on cash you can risk your money on the stock market where you can earn big or lose it all.

Even with all that there is still a lot to do in GTA 5, whether it be street racing, learning to fly or dropping/collecting weapons. There are many of hours in activites to do, as said there are street races all over the city or you can learn to fly at the airport or even just race planes through donut checkpoints. When buying business's some will come with extra missions ranging from being a taxi man or collecting weapons by car and delivering them by plane there is so much to do in Los Santos.

Rockstar have learned a lot with Red Dead, Max Payne and Midnight Club taking many elements from them games putting it into GTA. The shooting has vastly improved from GTAIV's clunky cover shooting to a fast fluid gun fight where cover can be made from most of the environment. The driving is less realistic from GTA IV but feels a lot better, car damage has been lowered and you can still use your car after it flips. Driving is fast and you don't skid out after braking every time.

GTAV brings us hours of fun with many good points and little bad points about the game. It deserves the 9/10 it earned and with DLC I can't wait for more heists, cars and guns

Good Points
    Three Protagonists

Bad Points:
    Short Story
  12. Nov 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I enjoyed the campaign. Certain saved cars should not despawn. Rockstar could possibly add an option to save a personal vehicle in single player. Other than that I haven't seen a problem with the single player mode. In the multiplayer I have had a number of problems. First off, a tutorial, seriously, it was a waste of time. It took forever to log on to the servers I had my XBOX 360 crash multiple times. Rockstar promised us in game money a few weeks ago but then claimed they were working on a bug for another game and did not have time to release the patch. As usual most GTA online sessions lag after a few hours of playing, which is not a big deal. I enjoy that we can now customize cars and make them our own personal vehicles, they did good. There are restrictions on what vehicles can be chosen. The dunce cap thing is pretty cool you just don't get to keep it afterwords. I have more to say but I feel as though it would take too long to read. All in all Grand Theft Auto Five is a pretty awesome experience in both single player and multiplayer. Expand
  13. Nov 7, 2013
    One of the best games ever, only rival to skyrim and last of us, on this gen, please explain why the low scores, i think this is the best in the gta series with all you need about mafia, cars and action, a true masterpiece by legendary rockstar studio
  14. Nov 7, 2013
    It is a great game actually the best game in Quality terms that I ever played. The world is that detailed that you would concider it art in a technical sense, not in an intellectual way, though it is a nice satire on nowadays society like the Simpsons for example.
  15. Nov 6, 2013
    GTA V, I was semi looking forward to it, I was looking forward to Saints row 4 so much more. Sadly that was a disappointment, so after that I was hopeful that the Big one Grand Theft Auto 5 would bring "it" to the table. Oh, and they brought "it" and so much more. I believe that Gta 5 is the BEST game of 2013 I have not played a game so much since Skyrim, I only have three gripes about theGTA V, I was semi looking forward to it, I was looking forward to Saints row 4 so much more. Sadly that was a disappointment, so after that I was hopeful that the Big one Grand Theft Auto 5 would bring "it" to the table. Oh, and they brought "it" and so much more. I believe that Gta 5 is the BEST game of 2013 I have not played a game so much since Skyrim, I only have three gripes about the game so I might as well get them out of the way now.

Slightly Annoying things about GTA 5:
    1. The Advertizing for the game. Loved it/Hated it.
    2. The online System glitches (I got de-ranked 10 levels and lost about $40,000 near the start)
    3. Xbox Loading times.

Now, as for the first one; I saw Street adds for the game Everywhere, Nuf said. I loved that they did not give us much if not any info about the game if we did not go looking for it.

2nd, It an issue that happened to me personally and I got a little ticked off by it so that is why that is there.

Last but Not least, LOADING SCREEN!!! I have not idea if it was like this for anyone else but the loading screen when you first load the game, Is at times about 7 to 15 minutes long for me. Now, I am a patient person, but anything over 3-4 minutes is irritating, and I dealt with nearly 1250 hours of Skyrim on Xbox so I know my loading screens.

Anyway, Besides those few things I LOVED the game:
    Story: 10/10
    Gameplay: 10/10
    Controlability: 9/10 Some driving and character issues
    Characters: 11/10 Amazing/funny Characters in the game
    Voice actors: 15/10 Trevor, Nuf said

Time spent in the game so far: 85 Hours Single-Player, 15 Hours Multi-Player
  16. Nov 6, 2013
    A perfect game??? Give me a break. GTA 5 is an ambitious, huge open world, but Rockstar bit off more than they can chew and it shows. Between the half-baked story and obnoxious, frequently unlikable characters it's no wonder gamers sign on to mindlessly run over pedestrians for 2 hours. The writing tries to have social commentary that one game critic calls "sublime" and that it "makes youA perfect game??? Give me a break. GTA 5 is an ambitious, huge open world, but Rockstar bit off more than they can chew and it shows. Between the half-baked story and obnoxious, frequently unlikable characters it's no wonder gamers sign on to mindlessly run over pedestrians for 2 hours. The writing tries to have social commentary that one game critic calls "sublime" and that it "makes you think". But really, it's pseudo-intellectual, politically confused and mean-spirited. Cliché jabs and the US government hardly make you think. Re-wording a business name into a dick joke is hardly "sublime". The jabs at liberals through the Impotent Rage character fall flat because they don't ring true. Comedy has to be rooted in reality to work. The Republican Space Marines jokes are so directionless and rooted in nothing that they're just annoying background noise. You're left to navigate in a tired genre with occasional fresh moments like the bank robberies. The drive-the-car-from-A-to-B missions got old about 5 years ago. The racing missions aren't noteworthy even thought the environments can be pretty. You can try signing on to GTA online and watch your character get randomly sniped and run over while you're simply trying to level and earn money, but it becomes a frustrating and annoying experience. Bizarrely, you're not allowed to steal cars that belong to other gamers. Does anyone see a contradiction there in a game called GRAND THEFT AUTO? You're even penalized for damaging the cars of other players. All of this doesn't even speak to the buggy game mechanics that are unacceptable for a post-beta release.

Rockstar deserves acknowledgement for creating such a large, difficult project, but they also deserve criticism for lack of completion. It was their choice. The underdeveloped story and programming are predictable. That said, where are the real video game critics in all of this? Where is the SERIOUS criticality? Are they too busy counting money that Rockstar bought them off with? It's completely unethical for video game journalists to gloss over the shortcomings of any game. Fanboys will (annoy us with their irrational rah-rah-rah exuberance, but critics owe us authentic assessment. If video games are to be respected as an art it begins with serious, honest criticism, not across the board 10/10s. We ALL deserve better.

There is fun to be had in this game, though it's largely an off-story, masterbatory experience. If you've never or barely played the GTA series you'll probably enjoy the tired missions and game mechanics. If you're a politically confused quasi-libertarian, have mean-spirited tendencies, and think changing facebook's name to "Lifeinvader" is "deep" you'll probably love this game over.
  17. Nov 6, 2013
    This game is wonderful. From story to multi-player, everything feels polished and well thought out.

I have had more fun on this game than I have in years. Welcome back GTA.
  18. Nov 6, 2013
    Best game that has been released! Makes a lot of fun and everything is beautifully done. The story gives a lot of fun and gives you a lot of time of fun. Highly recommend to all, it is really worth to play again recommend;)
  19. Nov 5, 2013
    GTA V is a weird game. It's world is probably the largest most detailed open world ever created. There are a lot of details to be discovered here and yet there is also quite a lot of things that don't work out as well as they should in a game that got tons of 9.0s and even a lot of perfect scores.

Even some small stuff feels stupid. Why can't I exit a car and leave the radio and engine running as I could in GTA IV? Why can I get a can of soda from red soda machines, but not from the green ones?

Sure, those are minor problems and hick-ups. GTA's largest problem are the balancing and the overall story and characters.

After a lot of people complained, that there wasn't a lot of things to spend your money on in GTA IV they now give you almost too much stuff. You can buy properties, cars, planes, boats and helicopters. You can get tons of different clothes or customize your cars, buy stocks and so on. But the bad balancing prevents you form doing most of this until the end of the game, as long as you don't exploit a chain of missions that let you influence the stock market.
    But you generally should always have enough money, to get all the weapons, weapon mods, ammunition and bullet proof vests you will ever need for your missions. That way, your characters will have too much and too less money at the same time. You will never have to worry about ammunition or not getting the best weapon with the best modifications after a couple of hours into the game, but you also won't have the money, to do all the fun stuff, the game could actually provide, like buying a private jet.

There story has also a lot of problems. Gameplay wise the switching between the three characters can be pretty cool if somewhat underused. But as far as the story is concerned it will likely prevent you form getting in any way engaged with it. There also isn't really much of a story to begin with. Indeed there is almost nothing happening. All of the three characters leave the story basically as they entered it, although with more money. There is no change in character, no revelation or redemption and in the end, there isn't even a real arc for any of the three protagonists.

Technically the game is a remarkable achievement. To have such a detailed and large world running on the old consoles is just baffling. But Rockstar had to make a lot of compromises to get the game running and it shows in a lot of places. Some of the "window textures" look absolutely hideous if stand in front of them. The frame rate has a hard time, even hitting the 30 FPS and there are of course pop ins and harsh aliasing everywhere.

All in all it is a great game and in some areas even a remarkable, but it also has a number of minor and larger issues and problems, that, at least in my opinion, prevent it from getting a perfect score.
  20. Nov 5, 2013
    Single player campaign is annoying and does not include enough heists. I hated having to switch players as the only character I truly cared about was Michael. The multiplayer really sucks. It lacks any proper menus to navigate through game types. You'd shouldn't have to play 10 hours of the same races or missions to unlock better content.
  21. Nov 5, 2013
    Great game, loads to do. None stop entertainment. The story is great and the online game play is even better. At times the online missions are tedious, however this game is a must play. I would recommended to everyone.
  22. Nov 5, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I've waited 5 years for this and apart from few glitches and short-ish length of SP story compared to GTA IV it is 10/10. This game brings me back to Saint Row 2 and San Andreas, with a wide array of weapons, vehicles and wacky ways to kill yourself and your enemies. I spent 3 hours alone jumping on trains, riding dirt bikes off of Mt. Chilliad and flying 747s. This game is a perfect weekend or a perfect day off or anytime you have free time to play it. Expand
  23. Nov 5, 2013
    I'm not usually that into Rockstar's games. I bought GTA IV a couple of years ago and never really finished it. The missions to me seemed very cookie cutter. Drive to point on map. Get mission. Chase/escort/kill someone. Run from cops. Lather rinse repeat. I bought Red Dead Redemption hoping the bold change in setting would grant some bold change in gameplay. I tired of that gameI'm not usually that into Rockstar's games. I bought GTA IV a couple of years ago and never really finished it. The missions to me seemed very cookie cutter. Drive to point on map. Get mission. Chase/escort/kill someone. Run from cops. Lather rinse repeat. I bought Red Dead Redemption hoping the bold change in setting would grant some bold change in gameplay. I tired of that game as well. When GTA V came out and received the same raving reviews as IV, I was still skeptical. To be honest, the push to buy this title was the GTA Online game. Engaging in sandbox chaos amongst my online counterparts seemed like the change that would bring me back into the fold. As everyone knows, the GTA Online portion was BROKE. So until Rockstar developed the proper patch to undo that mess, I figured I'd give the actual single player game a try. I thought multiplayer would be the GTA fix for me, but was I ever wrong. Heists. Heists are exactly what I was hoping for with GTA. Planning out these heists give such a gravity to the missions. Preparation no longer equals finding the right blip on the map to drive to in order to initiate the mission start cut screen. I'm all in on GTA V and running scores. Expand
  24. Nov 5, 2013
    Great game. GTA Online is really the only thing you can play though after you beat the story. Once you beat the story GTA 5 becomes Retirement Simulator 2013.
  25. Nov 5, 2013
    The game's campaign proved absolutely incredible, but after a simple completion of the campaign we discover there is nothing left to do for fun. unless stocks is your thing... I realize there are 2 other endings, but only one feels complete, the other two come off as very rushed, probably to give the illusion of choice.
    Also, the multiplayer which was initially promising, failed at
    Also, the multiplayer which was initially promising, failed at launch. Rockstar then fixed it, then they broke it again by stripping away the fun by making everything expensive, and making the very few missions you can do that aren't races pay like hell. I guess if you like having to worry about money constantly hindering you on top of griefers and a side of boosting, the multiplayer is for you.
  26. Nov 5, 2013
    Everybody should know this game is great by now so what I want to concentrate on are the flaws. They are not game breaking but they are frustrating.
    Cover System: You press "RB" and your character will take cover. The big problem with it is it is illogical. Some times it has you seek cover behind a hand rail. Needless to say not very effective. Other times, say there is a box and you want to take cover behind a specific side of the box. WELL the button will often make you jump to a different a side. This would be less frustrating if you could easily glide between corners while staying in cover. But you can't. So you're going to be taking extra damage.
    Graphics: Things randomly pop up while you are driving, the pixels pixelized late and you find yourself running into speed limit signs.
    Controls: The crosshairs is a dot. Shooting is mostly reliant on auto aim because it is too difficult for an average gamer. AND THE DRIVING CONTROLS...Idk if it's just me but I can never seem to make sharp turns.

So, what does this game have?
    Great story and great characters: terrible people that you grow to love.
    The World: It is really big and there is so much value to be able to just run around beat up random people and start a car chase.
    The Ending
  27. Nov 5, 2013
    Great Game.

The Dialogue is pristine. and the humor is generally more funnier than the last game. The Driving Mechanics from San Andreas is back that we all know and love. and this game is just a good time for hours on end. This game is a must-have and a good excuse to keep the seventh generation console.
  28. Nov 4, 2013
    Make no mistake GTA 5 is a good game and yes it is superior to GTA 4 in every way but GTA 4 is hardly the yardstick of a great game.

With GTA 5 I personally feel the 8.0 current user score is more realistic than the 97 lavished on the game by critics. It seems to me a lot of people judged GTA 5 based solely against GTA 4 and forgot some of the truly great games we’ve had in the last 5 years.

Don't get me wrong, GTA 5 certainly has it’s moments but in all honesty I never got the same wow factor as I did playing GTA San Andreas and I think this is my main problem with the GTA/GTA like open world games. They just haven’t really evolved or done anything to give me that same wow factor I got 11 years ago in The Grove.

So in summary GTA 5 is as good as it gets within the current limitation of open worlders, however I still feel there is something missing. Next time I will gladly sacrifice the overall size, for something truly innovative, and interactive.
  29. Nov 4, 2013
    Almost perfect single player, great multi player (even despite the well-documented issues). Will probably be the best game out for 5 years until the next GTA comes out.
  30. Nov 3, 2013
    Good, Solid, some fresh concepts and interesting tweaks on Rockstar's recipe for GTA makes GTA V a great edition to the series, and a great game overall. As a console exclusive currently, the graphics are below par for an AAA game, but at times the scenery looks beautiful. The Multi-player is very interesting and deep, but very buggy, broken and virtually suffered a world-wide crash atGood, Solid, some fresh concepts and interesting tweaks on Rockstar's recipe for GTA makes GTA V a great edition to the series, and a great game overall. As a console exclusive currently, the graphics are below par for an AAA game, but at times the scenery looks beautiful. The Multi-player is very interesting and deep, but very buggy, broken and virtually suffered a world-wide crash at release, and PS3 users still struggle to even play. Reviewers have overrated is with a 10, this game is far from the perfect game that deserves a 10, but nevertheless GTA V is a current -Gen game not to be missed, but not to be worshipped either. Expand
  31. xa4
    Nov 3, 2013
    All what I'm disappointed in GTA5 is the terrible score users gave it, and GTA5 deserves a perfect score of 10/10 or atleast a 9 to be fair. Honestly, I hope all those awful people who gave it a zero must be some sort of a special retard 'cause they don't know what they're talking about!! Please retards, it's already hard enough to not use mean words and bad language on you morons...All what I'm disappointed in GTA5 is the terrible score users gave it, and GTA5 deserves a perfect score of 10/10 or atleast a 9 to be fair. Honestly, I hope all those awful people who gave it a zero must be some sort of a special retard 'cause they don't know what they're talking about!! Please retards, it's already hard enough to not use mean words and bad language on you morons...

Right, back too the review...

If you played every game out there that exists on xbox, you should probably know how flawless and excellent GTA5 runs on the 360 system for such a outrageously huge game with tons of features, story contexts, beautiful graphics, gameplay dynamics and physics etc.

GTA5 is simply just a spectacular piece of art by Rockstar© and I salute to them for such a wonderful achievement of a title in gaming history.

And please to those who haven't played GTA5 yet, don't believe what the retarded morons of noobville has to say of this great establishment in gaming.

Ps. This game is not for the faint hearted, and if you don't like it then don't review it! 'Cause then it is not meant for your liking....
  32. Nov 2, 2013
    [8.7] It isn't constantly exciting like Grand Theft Auto IV, but it has some amazing moments. Despite the massive amount to do in the game, and a great (yet uneasy), multiplayer, Grand Theft Auto V isn't quite what it should have been. Some major mechanics feel like they could use a complete change, or are better of staying similar to their equivalents in Grand Theft Auto IV (which had[8.7] It isn't constantly exciting like Grand Theft Auto IV, but it has some amazing moments. Despite the massive amount to do in the game, and a great (yet uneasy), multiplayer, Grand Theft Auto V isn't quite what it should have been. Some major mechanics feel like they could use a complete change, or are better of staying similar to their equivalents in Grand Theft Auto IV (which had nearly perfect mechanics). Driving is incredibly restrictive, and doing stunts is nearly impossible. It's very difficult to even get your car off the ground, plus, cars control like they would in racing games, which Grand Theft Auto isn't. It's far to easy drive, and often boring. The combat system could also be more of a challenge. In GTA IV, you actually had to monitor your health, and try as hard as possible not to get shot, which added an incredible intensity to the game, which they seem to completely get rid of with the health regeneration. If you are one who needs health packs, there are plenty conveniently placed ones everywhere, whereas in GTA IV, they were placed in discrete locations. The lack of difficulty also makes GTA V seem much, much shorter than it actually is, and finishing takes much less time than finishing GTA IV did. Despite some major detrimental flaws, somehow, GTA V is still a very good game. Biking up Mount Chiliad, flying a jet through downtown Los Santos, partaking in the many activities across Los Santos, and exploring and discovering a massive world help us remember that Rockstar is focused on delivering quality, but is seems this time around they have mistaken quality for quantity. Nonetheless, Grand Theft Auto V is what it is: a good game. Expand
  33. Nov 2, 2013
    A just about perfect game in almost every way; great, engaging story, funny and likable characters, and the most importantly a world rich with detail that you can basically destroy and get into an endless battle with the police. It is all around great and not much more needs to be said about the game. If I had only one gripe with the game and it is not about the single player; it is thatA just about perfect game in almost every way; great, engaging story, funny and likable characters, and the most importantly a world rich with detail that you can basically destroy and get into an endless battle with the police. It is all around great and not much more needs to be said about the game. If I had only one gripe with the game and it is not about the single player; it is that the multiplayer has a lot of improvement that needs to be made, such as faster times getting into a game and a more rewarding mission payout. Other than that, I see GTA Online going far and that GTA V is certainly a contender for me as Game of The Year. Expand
  34. Nov 1, 2013
    The game is a must buy. There are barely any glitches and it runs smoothly. The characters are amazingly interesting and their story arcs are some of the most interesting in gaming. The gameplay itself is highly refined,and there is so much freedom in the huge open world. The missions are very fun and never repetitive. It is hard to explain quite what about it makes it so special,so if youThe game is a must buy. There are barely any glitches and it runs smoothly. The characters are amazingly interesting and their story arcs are some of the most interesting in gaming. The gameplay itself is highly refined,and there is so much freedom in the huge open world. The missions are very fun and never repetitive. It is hard to explain quite what about it makes it so special,so if you want to find out I strongly recommend this game. I didn't go into details about the game because everyone knows what GTA is like, but this one is the best of them all. Expand
  35. Nov 1, 2013
    I finished the story, played a bit of gta online, but what now? I was expecting a little more from gta online and the main story. The hype was too much for this. The game was fun but it was a bit like the game was throwing money at you and expecting your life to be a challenge.
  36. Nov 1, 2013
    First, I should say this was the first GTA game I played. I originally wanted to play this because I had seen other people play it and the story and the missions looked interesting. Once I actually started playing the game, I was absolutely appalled by the controls. It was like trying to use an Xbox after I'd just had a lobotomy. Maybe that's the allure to some people, but I actually wantFirst, I should say this was the first GTA game I played. I originally wanted to play this because I had seen other people play it and the story and the missions looked interesting. Once I actually started playing the game, I was absolutely appalled by the controls. It was like trying to use an Xbox after I'd just had a lobotomy. Maybe that's the allure to some people, but I actually want to PLAY my games. The one thing this game has going for it is the music. That's some jazzy Expand
  37. Nov 1, 2013
    Freemode to start with gives you so much to do such as fun activities like tennis. Story takes many, many hours to complete. Plus if you add on the numerous side missions, it'll take you even longer. The lengthy amount of time it takes to complete just adds to the enjoyment of driving around, shooting up something, finding easter eggs and/or completing achievements. The map is very big andFreemode to start with gives you so much to do such as fun activities like tennis. Story takes many, many hours to complete. Plus if you add on the numerous side missions, it'll take you even longer. The lengthy amount of time it takes to complete just adds to the enjoyment of driving around, shooting up something, finding easter eggs and/or completing achievements. The map is very big and is bigger than any previous gta map and has a varied environment with a city and a countryside. Gta Online is very good as well and is similar to single player but there are more customisable options and you can play alongside random people, friends, a crew, etc. I would have given this a 9 because of glitches and bugs to single player and online with some making the game unplayable, but they seem to have sorted them out now with a series of updates. Also anyone who played the online through the problems in October will get $500k split in 2 settlements sometime soon after the next update of me writing this review. Expand
  38. Nov 1, 2013
    This is the best Ps3 game that i ever played and i think this game deserves a better user score. Wonderful musics original speechs biggest game map that ever build. Amazing
  39. Ed_
    Oct 30, 2013
    The game is fantastic!

The game is fantastic!

RockstarGames believed that multiple characters will give the game a new feeling; for me, first, this feeling was shallow and disturbing: I couldn't get to know the characters good enough, get close to them or understand their feelings, it was too fast for 3 characters. However after the second gameplay I realized how enjoyable the game was with the two main characters (Michael and Trevor).
    You have to play mainly one character, it helped me a lot to understand their inner problems and feelings:
    1. Michael who only want to be with his family and live his peaceful life with a job.
    2. Trevor who is always used by people and because of that he behaves insane. Yeah, I did empathize with Trevor! LOL
    3. Franklin who wants to break out of his every day life and instead of being a small gangster or car robber
    I did empathize with Trevor! LOL

Michael's character is the best, he has a background story; we can sympathize with him, with his decisions; he has sth to fight for (family) and his family members are funny, give the game some kind of continuity. We can feel they are struggling with a father, and the father who struggles with his life, family and past. His character and family are a great mix of happiness, depression, fun, coping and feelings.

Trevor is the anti-society person because he was cheated and outlooked too many times in the past. He couldn't follow the rules and restrictions of this 'fabricated world', so he decides to live in the desert without feelings. He doesn't want anybody to get close to him because by those who he had a relation with would only cause him sadness, disappointment and frustration. He is a very dividing personality but I saw the good side of him.

The game is 10/10. Driving mechanics, graphics and smooth gameplay are all adding to the game's experience, but I would still be happier with only one character.
  40. Oct 29, 2013
    This game is beautiful. The graphics are a huge improvement from GTA 4 and I believe that it is on of the best games of the generation. There is always something to do, steal a jet, jump off mount Chiliad, the possibilities are endless. 10/10
  41. Oct 29, 2013
    The fifth entry in the main series of Grand Theft Auto games is one of the best in the franchise. The size of the map and just how much there is to do within that map is the biggest draw the game has. Rockstar promised a huge, realized open world with tons of activities and side attractions and they delivered. What GTA 5 lacks in story content and cohesiveness, it more than makes up for inThe fifth entry in the main series of Grand Theft Auto games is one of the best in the franchise. The size of the map and just how much there is to do within that map is the biggest draw the game has. Rockstar promised a huge, realized open world with tons of activities and side attractions and they delivered. What GTA 5 lacks in story content and cohesiveness, it more than makes up for in most everything else. Bugs and glitches definitely litter the world but that is mostly expected in a game of this size. A multiplayer that has not really lived up to the hype, a sometimes shaky narrative, and a few noticeable performance and graphical annoyances keep this game from being a masterpiece, though still a great game. Expand
  42. Oct 29, 2013
    Yet another dissapointment this year.
    This game could have been so much more.
    crews are pointles.
    you'd have thought that gangwarfare between crews would have been staring them in the face?
    there are no features for crews whatsoever.

missions are repetative at best.
    its extremely glitchy still.
    features missing that have been around since 2001
  43. Oct 29, 2013
    A game that lacks interesting characters or truly engaging story. You mostly follow some psychopaths doing stuff, have "drive from A->B" missions and listen to dialogue that could be from any half assed gangster movie. On the top of that, all female characters are reflections of a, (at least somewhat) misogynistic mind. I wish I loved this game for what it is, but it simply lacks so muchA game that lacks interesting characters or truly engaging story. You mostly follow some psychopaths doing stuff, have "drive from A->B" missions and listen to dialogue that could be from any half assed gangster movie. On the top of that, all female characters are reflections of a, (at least somewhat) misogynistic mind. I wish I loved this game for what it is, but it simply lacks so much of what I want in a modern game. Expand
  44. Oct 28, 2013
    From the grungy thug-ridden streets of inner Los Santos to the overwhelmingly beautiful and vast landscapes and mountain ranges of Blaine County, Rockstar have not only managed to capture and place the world on a pedestel, but they have also managed to fill it with diversity, violence, wildlife and an entire population of people, each with their own stories. Some are bouncers in theFrom the grungy thug-ridden streets of inner Los Santos to the overwhelmingly beautiful and vast landscapes and mountain ranges of Blaine County, Rockstar have not only managed to capture and place the world on a pedestel, but they have also managed to fill it with diversity, violence, wildlife and an entire population of people, each with their own stories. Some are bouncers in the hottest clubs in LS, some are bartenders in crummy bars the Senora Desert, some are drunken rednecks soaking up the sun by the Alamo Sea, and some are just completely normal pedestrians. GTA V is truly a pioneering game when it comes to variety; not only can players murder NPCs, they can also socialise with them, help them out by catching the cheeky buggers who stole from their stores, and even collect some odd jobs to complete for them. Along with all of this, players can also play sports and take part in activities such as golf, darts, tennis and armwrestling. Everything in the game is entertaining... it all feels fun, perceptive and alive. Visit the theatre or strip club, or just lounge around at home watching TV. Steal a plane from the airport and explore the massive world, or go diving deep down into the Pacific Ocean, or just simply bask in the vibrance of the world and everything within it.

Unlike previous Grand Theft Auto games, you can do more with your money than just buy weapons... you can do anything from getting a new haircut to getting some new ink, or buying fancy coats and suits and even investing in real estate or buying stocks to turn over a nice fat profit. Web-surfing on the game is so much more useful than it was in Grand Theft Auto IV; in this latest installment, you can purchase cars, boats and even airplanes for your private hangar.

To accompany all of this, there is also a magnificent storyline to it; each individual protagonist has their unique own back-story and personality, and each story mission feels fun and engaging, and most are very, very violent, which will appeal to most. The planning of the heists requires a smart mind, and the choices you make during the planning have a serious impact on the amount of cash you get away with. The game leaves a lot of the work down to the player; the money you have by the end of the story depends completely on how the player has used strategy throughout the game and how they have carefully organised everything.
    The all-new combat in the game is much more interactive than the ones in previous releases. Melee has been greatly improved in GTA V; a new and more high-end combat system has been implemented. It is more advanced than games in the past, and the new moves and blocks, as well as the new animations, make the game feel just that bit more exciting.

The game makes heavy use of skills; each character has nine different skills to master, each level making the character more "complete". Some of these skills include stamina, which controls how long and fast you can run, strength, which controls how hard you hit and how much damage you take, and driving, which, as you level it up, gives you to the ability to control your vehicle more fluently.

The game also has its few flaws, though; some things initially thought to be in the game are not, including the ability to purchase houses, a fully functional hunting system and more. Although these things disappointed some, it is massively made up for with the amazing wildlife and environment,
    the diversity and beauty of the map, and the variety in NPCs, random events and side missions. Every single minute detail in the game has made it go that extra mile, and Rockstar have truly done an amazing job with it.

The game is, to most, a masterpiece; so many different aspects of life as a criminal have been added in a virtual world too beautiful for words, and it is quite frankly mind-boggling to me just thinking how on earth they managed to fit such detail in one game. I can say with absolute confidence that, to me, this is
    the best game I have ever played.
    Thank you for reading my review.
  45. Oct 28, 2013
    This game is outstanding it has good things and 2 major things i did not like. The good things are outstanding visuals,beautiful graphics, good gun play, and the vehicles are not as floaty as gta 4 was and there are 2 things i did not like a lot first off the online didn't on the first day i was expecting they had the development time fixing the bugs and choppy frame rate it is a thingThis game is outstanding it has good things and 2 major things i did not like. The good things are outstanding visuals,beautiful graphics, good gun play, and the vehicles are not as floaty as gta 4 was and there are 2 things i did not like a lot first off the online didn't on the first day i was expecting they had the development time fixing the bugs and choppy frame rate it is a thing that i did not like that well it cause me to get lots of headaches on the first day because of it. Expand
  46. Oct 27, 2013
    This game is good and bad in some ways. The map is very well made and has many areas to explore. The characters are also amazing and are different in millions of ways. I really enjoy the guns, as well as the neat explosions. The graphics are okay, but they should be better. What sucks about it is the missions, and especially online. Most of the missions on single player have no shooting orThis game is good and bad in some ways. The map is very well made and has many areas to explore. The characters are also amazing and are different in millions of ways. I really enjoy the guns, as well as the neat explosions. The graphics are okay, but they should be better. What sucks about it is the missions, and especially online. Most of the missions on single player have no shooting or action and are just plain boring. All you do on gta online is steal cars and deliver them which is a The game is sooo repetitive. It also really doesn't feel like gta. It feels like I'm playing an entirely different game. This game doesn't deserve all around 10's, it's actually not so much of a good game. This game is just as overhyped as heck and it sucks but at the same time its kind of fun. Expand
  47. Oct 27, 2013
    This game seriously can't be praised enough!! I'm constantly in shock in regards to how big the world is and how much you can do. The story is incredible, the voice talents are phenomenal and the game play is second to none. I have been a hard core gamer for many many years. I can honestly say this game has is definitely in my top 5 of all games played. We need to reward game studiosThis game seriously can't be praised enough!! I'm constantly in shock in regards to how big the world is and how much you can do. The story is incredible, the voice talents are phenomenal and the game play is second to none. I have been a hard core gamer for many many years. I can honestly say this game has is definitely in my top 5 of all games played. We need to reward game studios for their efforts because it encourages them to push the boundaries and provide us with hours of enjoyment. I hope they come out with DLC... I'm not ready for the Los Santos story to end anytime soon!! Expand
  48. Oct 26, 2013
    I have been waiting for GTA V since San Andreas, it is very cool and it had a really good score as it deserves. The map is pretty cool and very huge. I did get kind of bored when I had finished the campaign, it just didn't seem like there was much else to do. GTA online part of it is fun to play with your friends, you can buy some pretty cool houses and what-not. I've only had a coupleI have been waiting for GTA V since San Andreas, it is very cool and it had a really good score as it deserves. The map is pretty cool and very huge. I did get kind of bored when I had finished the campaign, it just didn't seem like there was much else to do. GTA online part of it is fun to play with your friends, you can buy some pretty cool houses and what-not. I've only had a couple experiences where textures of certain object won't load right away, which is kind of annoying. But it's a good buy and worth it. Expand
  49. Oct 26, 2013
    i think this game is the best game of 2013
    dont pay attention to negative votes they are pc gamers!!! and they cant play this game!!!
    i have bought x box just for this game
  50. Oct 25, 2013
    Good Game, smooth and new refreshing characters, in true Rockstar fashion all stereotypes are exaggerated to comical effect. Driving is improved from GTA IV and shooting is much better too.

On line is now fixed so multi-player is great with friends or to cause solo carnage.

The must own game this year.
  51. Oct 25, 2013
    The game is fun and entertaining but is very broken. Buildings don't load until you are right at them, texture pops happen all the time and the online is completely broken. The story is the only thing saving this game and the main story at that. One of the side missions made me run around the desert for 5 miles for no earthly reason. Many of the achievements also don't register so youThe game is fun and entertaining but is very broken. Buildings don't load until you are right at them, texture pops happen all the time and the online is completely broken. The story is the only thing saving this game and the main story at that. One of the side missions made me run around the desert for 5 miles for no earthly reason. Many of the achievements also don't register so you spend a few hours collecting things only to not get the achievement. Expand
  52. Oct 25, 2013
    It's an amazing game but sadly some trolls are making it look like a decent game. It's also a very big map and has many things to explore. Just watch out for a Mexican gang in the wilderness though. Not the best game in history but definitely one of the best!
  53. Oct 24, 2013
    GTA 5 is easily the best game of this generation and any review that gives it a 0 is clearly not serious in any way shape or form. Rockstar have created a masterpiece on very ageing systems and have squeezed as much potential that gamers didn't even know existed as this game pushes the boundaries and excels past any title in existence on the 360 and PS3.

The wonderful location, the

The wonderful location, the stunning characters and intriguing story make this an amazing experience. The sheer attention to detail is unreal and the story just flows beautifully. The fun factor combined with the online feature is just brilliant and can be enjoyed for hours day after day.

In terms of longevity; the game does lack once the main story is completed as a solo player. You have a few minor missions which offer little in interest or fun, the mini games tire after a while and most of the city becomes obsolete which is a shame. The customisation isn't quite as in-depth as Saints Row and I feel R* gave a false impression when we assumed you could purchase properties dotted around the city when you only have fixed safe houses. With no gang territories to capture; the City can feel bare on completion so DLC may be a necessity and considering how much of the stunningly detailed city is untouched; I think it's a distinct possibility.

Despite the flaws; this game pushes the consoles to the limit and surpasses anything we've seen in this generation.
  54. Oct 24, 2013
    GTA 5 took the atmosphere and color of San Andreas to make a real immersive game. The online mode is still in need of fixing, but I can't think of any games that had a successful online mode at launch. Only compliant is that there are next to no ways to make good money in the game. SURE the stock market is a cool thing but how do I get more to invest? Remember the Vigilante Missions,GTA 5 took the atmosphere and color of San Andreas to make a real immersive game. The online mode is still in need of fixing, but I can't think of any games that had a successful online mode at launch. Only compliant is that there are next to no ways to make good money in the game. SURE the stock market is a cool thing but how do I get more to invest? Remember the Vigilante Missions, Firefighting, Ambulance, and pimping missions from GTA San Andreas? Sure it doesn't fit into the realism aspect but that's how me made in the last series.

Overall a good buy but very hard to make money in game. Still worth a buy.
  55. Oct 24, 2013
    One of the best games I have ever played and it will definitely be a while to top this. GTA 4 seems so dark and colorless compared to this installment; the city is vibrant and stunning in its complexity and its detail. The game play is perfectly simple and easy to use yet complex if you really want it to be. There is almost too much to do and is easily a game that hundreds of hours couldOne of the best games I have ever played and it will definitely be a while to top this. GTA 4 seems so dark and colorless compared to this installment; the city is vibrant and stunning in its complexity and its detail. The game play is perfectly simple and easy to use yet complex if you really want it to be. There is almost too much to do and is easily a game that hundreds of hours could be plugged into. GTA Online is still glitchy and being improved upon but is great in continuing the game beyond the lengthy story line. Its classic GTA with a kick in the face. Expand
  56. Oct 23, 2013
    You know that feeling you get... that sad feeling you get when Christmas day is over and you realize that the day you've anticipated for so long has come and gone? That's how I felt when the credits started rolling when I completed GTA 5. This is actually the first GTA I've played. Yes, there are shocking moments, but this game is a masterpiece. It's my guilty pleasure for sure. The storyYou know that feeling you get... that sad feeling you get when Christmas day is over and you realize that the day you've anticipated for so long has come and gone? That's how I felt when the credits started rolling when I completed GTA 5. This is actually the first GTA I've played. Yes, there are shocking moments, but this game is a masterpiece. It's my guilty pleasure for sure. The story is awesome and the gameplay is so fun. Worth every penny and more. Expand
  57. Oct 23, 2013
    Excellent stuff, the new features are all they promised to be. Switching characters is quick and fun, the driving is fixed despite what some may think and the story is the best in the series yet, the only complaints are minor niggles and the online portion which given time will no doubt improve.
  58. Oct 22, 2013
    I admit it, i've been on the Hype-train long before the release of GTA V. When i finally got the game, a few weeks ago and popped it in, i was amazed at how smooth such a good looking, huge game runs on my old 360. I actually went into the game thinking "i don't really care about the story, i'm just gonna go exploring all the time" but i found the story did such a great job of immersing meI admit it, i've been on the Hype-train long before the release of GTA V. When i finally got the game, a few weeks ago and popped it in, i was amazed at how smooth such a good looking, huge game runs on my old 360. I actually went into the game thinking "i don't really care about the story, i'm just gonna go exploring all the time" but i found the story did such a great job of immersing me into the world, i couldn't stop myself from doing one mission after another. Of course i got some exploring done at first but after a few hours i've seen what there is to see, playing alone that is anwyay. Gameplay and story -wise GTA V is probably one of the best games ever made, even though (to me) it doesn't have the same lasting appeal as San Andreas or even Vice City had back in the day. There is just too much in the game that has been done already. The driving, shooting and the fighting mechanics are okay but not as good as for example Sleeping Dogs. The exploration is fun but nowhere near as impressive and great as Just Cause 2. All in all i find the game to have delievered on the expectations but it didn't surpass them by as much as. say, San Andreas did (for me that is anyways). I know tho that you can't really compare the two as there are almost ten years between them and it's much harder to impress people with a game nowadays. Expand
  59. Oct 21, 2013
    DO NOT! I REPEAT DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS RUBBISH ASS GAME. From the 12 hours it takes to dl to your system, to the items you worked hard for but are just "missing", and the saves you made when you go to level 20 but is no longer there, Rockstar entertainment has stooped as low as the creator of diablo 3 which up to date was worst release ever. If this starts to become a trend,DO NOT! I REPEAT DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS RUBBISH ASS GAME. From the 12 hours it takes to dl to your system, to the items you worked hard for but are just "missing", and the saves you made when you go to level 20 but is no longer there, Rockstar entertainment has stooped as low as the creator of diablo 3 which up to date was worst release ever. If this starts to become a trend, game companies selling fake games we shall have to together and put them out of business. rockstar gobble a giant dick Expand
  60. Oct 21, 2013
    They obviously removed a load of content over the past year. And I think that in trying to improve the pacing, they may have went a little too far. But the story, as nihilistic as it is, and as male-centered as it is (what GTA isn't?) can be seen as Rockstar's ultimate commentary on its own genre. Because it's fun to be a total scumbag, and it's fun to enter a world that belongs to ME.They obviously removed a load of content over the past year. And I think that in trying to improve the pacing, they may have went a little too far. But the story, as nihilistic as it is, and as male-centered as it is (what GTA isn't?) can be seen as Rockstar's ultimate commentary on its own genre. Because it's fun to be a total scumbag, and it's fun to enter a world that belongs to ME. That killing random pedestrians and other such activities, that we normally perceive as wrong, become fun in a virtual world...that's a really provocative phenomena, and GTA V really explores that, and it's innovative.

I hate the characters because they're terrible human beings, but I can't deny the release I get from entering their consciousness.
  61. Oct 21, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto V was a long time coming from Rockstar, due to the lackluster title release that was GTA IV. This title was fantastic in playability and context, but i will have to break it down into more specific sections.

Gameplay : From the very start of the game, the controls from the previous title have been expanded upon, polished, and honed into a carefully crafted interface

Gameplay :
    From the very start of the game, the controls from the previous title have been expanded upon, polished, and honed into a carefully crafted interface that is much improved from the former. The driving mechanics have been molded to feel more like a driving-based game, the shooting and weapon mechanics have been culled to be reminiscent of Max Payne 3, and the economics-based portions have been beefed up and made more prominent to give a feel of actually earning and spending real money, This is very pleasing, as these three points were blurred in the previous game.

Plot:
    The plot of previous GTA titles has been either blurry or unsatisfying to me. While the story was not necessarily a work of art, i heavily enjoyed the dialogue between characters and the humor in the conversations that occurred randomly.The story ending felt a little cheap, but i didn't buy the game to be moved by a beautiful cinematic experience, and i doubt many people did.

Content:
    The openness of the world was practically stunning. The sheer scale of exploration available was fantastic, and i loved scouring every inch of San Andreas ripping up dunes on a motorbike, plunging down cliffs clinging to my parachute, or slowly cruising the streets on multiplier clutching the SMG waiting for another player to attack at any second. The physics engine paired with the perfectly-acceptable-for-current-gen graphics made me a very happy man, regardless of the other aspects of the game. If you're looking fort an open ended sandbox game, this title has you covered.

Why does the game have a 8 out of a 10 score then you ask? Well there are two parts to that answer. For one, i personally experienced MANY problems with the game in the opening days of the multiplayer. My hard earned and bought cars disappearing, not being able to play, and every single person in the online world being a cold-hearted assassin are among these qualms. The final factor that deemed the game to be below a nine for me is the fact that it is currently, and has been gathering dust on my bookshelf for two weeks now. I haven't touched it and have no intention to because i simply do not want to. While the game was a fantastic experience to play through, i have no desire to continue to comb the streets searching for 100% completion or online wealth, it has grown stagnant for me. This may not be the case for all, it is for me.

In conclusion, GTA V was a fantastic adventure that i enjoyed very much, that i will continue to leave on display on my shelf should i crave for it once again.
  62. Oct 21, 2013
    Well i think this game was good but did not really live up to its expectation i really did not enjoy the story although the heist was something new and refreshing but i wish there was more heists the mechanics were really improved and i really enjoyed leveling up my character by doing side activities.I was really surprised that the side missions where better than some missions in the storyWell i think this game was good but did not really live up to its expectation i really did not enjoy the story although the heist was something new and refreshing but i wish there was more heists the mechanics were really improved and i really enjoyed leveling up my character by doing side activities.I was really surprised that the side missions where better than some missions in the story line.I did not think that rockstar put a lot of time in the wilderness and i was really boring just walking in the wilderness but Los Santos was a really nice city walk around in but losing the heat while trying to kill civilians was really annoying i thought that the side activities where good enough.GTA online was a really big disappointment i just got bored of it because it felt like a grind to make just 50.000 without getting bored even with friends i got boring and i forgot on thing and that was that everything felt depressing at least in the single player where everyone is angry,poor,stupid and sex addicted trevor was just a prick and a letdown like most of the game was. Expand
  63. Oct 21, 2013
    All I can say is that its a great game with refreshing and excising gameplay. The shooting aspects are clean, smooth and straight forward. nothing really complicated. The driving is out of this world, and much better than many driving games I've played, the vast amount of vehicles, coupled with the astoundingly large amount of customization makes for a great time. And if you some howAll I can say is that its a great game with refreshing and excising gameplay. The shooting aspects are clean, smooth and straight forward. nothing really complicated. The driving is out of this world, and much better than many driving games I've played, the vast amount of vehicles, coupled with the astoundingly large amount of customization makes for a great time. And if you some how managed to grow bored with the single player you can smoothly hop on in to GTA:Online, which offers a variety of activities to do, including racing, fighting, parachuting, robbing stores, buying and customizing cars, and even purchasing a player apartment. if you have skipped to the end of the review then i;ll say this. Buy It. its one of those games which you can sit down and play for many many hours. Expand
  64. Oct 21, 2013
    GTA V is a reasonably good game, great graphics, good story-line, able to immerse myself quite easily. Online segment is good, but not great, some bugs and connectivity issues, but then with tens of millions of people trying to join at once, what do you expect?

10/10 would buy again (and I am, on PC)
  65. Oct 21, 2013
    The detail of the world is amazing.Awesome voice acting,a lot of activities other than just violence.Such as tennis,golf,diving,parachuting,off-roading and hell there's more! The adventure of the three "heroes" is just beautiful.
  66. Oct 20, 2013
    I love this game so much i get a fast car and take Franklin's dog out for a ride during the nighttime because the night/day cycle is very realistic and looks amazing the characters are great there are now a wide variety of weapons to choose from that you can attach mods on it such as a Grip, Suppressor, Extended mag etc... there are now heists witch are not really new because previous GTAI love this game so much i get a fast car and take Franklin's dog out for a ride during the nighttime because the night/day cycle is very realistic and looks amazing the characters are great there are now a wide variety of weapons to choose from that you can attach mods on it such as a Grip, Suppressor, Extended mag etc... there are now heists witch are not really new because previous GTA installments have had Heists but these ones are so good and cinematic but a couple are just boring and cars are able to be customized even more. The land of San Andreas is more bigger adding more Forests and a bigger desert than GTA: SA and with online you will never get bored of this game! And i can't wait for the next gen GTA to come out i bet it will be big as hell! Expand
  67. Oct 20, 2013
    If I could recommend you a true generation defining game I would tell you about GTAV. This game often brings me the nostalgia of San Andreas. The 3 main characters bring innovation to a series which is going anything from gone 10/10 Masterpiece
  68. Oct 20, 2013
    Every thing about this game is great, everything is possible and makes there no point in buying any other games for the next decade. Nothing is perfect, and, in truth it deserves a 9.7
  69. Oct 20, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Concept: Create a very well-rounded Grand Theft Auto sequel, using elements and past experience gained from the production and development of nearly every other Rockstar game and franchise.

Graphics: Breathtakingly beautiful.

Sound: While you'll no doubt hear the radio stations the most in terms of sound bytes, the voice work is pretty good, and the actual musical scores are appropriately placed as well.

Playability: Quite playable, and quite enjoyable in all portions of gameplay. Easy to handle, fluid, and responsive at the same time. A perfect medley of combat and other action maneuvers.

Entertainment: With literally over one hundred hours of time to be spent doing everything from motorcross to tennis, you need to get out there and see the world instead of asking questions about it. There are very few limitations.

Replay Value: Sky-High.

Overall Score: 9.5
  70. Oct 20, 2013
    this is pretty much the best game I've ever played in my entire life, gta v can be better than any game in the series or any game ever released,definetely the best game on this generation.
  71. Oct 19, 2013
    This game was amazing when I first played it. Everything about it was fun, and the scenery was amazing. The story was well thought out and I absolutely loved the heists. But after I beat the game, I felt very limited. I now always think of places to go instead of finding places as I go around on my journey. This game was fun until I beat the story. You probably do not know what I amThis game was amazing when I first played it. Everything about it was fun, and the scenery was amazing. The story was well thought out and I absolutely loved the heists. But after I beat the game, I felt very limited. I now always think of places to go instead of finding places as I go around on my journey. This game was fun until I beat the story. You probably do not know what I am talking about, but do everything you can before beating the story. Expand
  72. Oct 19, 2013
    This game has unbelievable graphics and is honestly the best gta game of all time in terms of graphics, plot and replay value. The voice acting is incredible and the characters are actually believable
  73. Oct 19, 2013
    I honestly think calling it the 'final party' of this generation isn't true, this game is the project X of this generation. From the very start to the satisfaction of getting that 100% achievement this game keeps on giving even after that 100%, the plot was excellent, graphics astonishing and, most importantly the gameplay was outstanding.
    So where should I start, well the huge scale of
    So where should I start, well the huge scale of the map would be a good place to start, as soon as you check the map most of the area is undiscovered and is covered in a blur, in a very Far Cry 3 style.
    We then move on to the main part of the game, the missions, right from the beginning the way that the characters interact with each other is astounding, but one of the most different things in comparison to the the other Grand Theft Autos are the cut scenes, right from the beginning I genuinely looked forward to see the next conversation between Michael and Trevor, or anyone else for that matter.
    So if I haven't convinced you to buy this game or at least try it, I don't know what will.
    Thanks for reading- Rexian
  74. Oct 19, 2013
    Fantastic storyline and really fun gameplay. I get bored easily with most driving-based games, but this one had me hooked right away. The learning curve is not steep at all for those of us who are less than stella with gaming, and I found the world, the music, and the characters a tremendously good time, and very well written. Consistent fun with minimal frustration... Until you go online
  75. Oct 19, 2013
    the game in its self isn't bad has some good story and the characters are well made but it has poor driving and codes all and all its a game with potential but due to these massive flaws its just not worth getting they also left out some good things they put in other games like the hydra fighter jet and replaced with with a normal less fun one that runs out of fuel can't say I'mthe game in its self isn't bad has some good story and the characters are well made but it has poor driving and codes all and all its a game with potential but due to these massive flaws its just not worth getting they also left out some good things they put in other games like the hydra fighter jet and replaced with with a normal less fun one that runs out of fuel can't say I'm impressed with it the big thing being its to easy to die in a crash I hit a car in a low speed and it nearly killed me at full health you spin out easy and its also hard to keep from bashing up the car so bad the wheels lock making it impossible tyo get away from even a 2 star wanted level Expand
  76. Oct 18, 2013
    To give this game an 8 or below is just stupid. This game is one of the funnest GTA's I have ever played. It has the best gameplay, best story, and the best graphics by a long shot. It looks like GTA IV on mega steroids. Now the online is fixed. To give this game a zero over online is mentally retarded. The story is much better than the online too. Overall this is a 10.
  77. Oct 18, 2013
    an amazing sandbox
    but its has a lot of recycle elements of rockstar games
    its too realistic but who cares?
    its better than grand theft auto iv but its not as good
    as san andreas or vice city
    rockstar rules!!!
  78. Oct 18, 2013
    PROS:
    story
    graphics
    weapons
    controls
    huge world
    heists
    CONS:
    molotov are rare
    it takes too long to escape cops
    unrealistic vehicle damage

much more pros i dont have the patience to type
  79. Oct 18, 2013
    Let's just get one thing straight. Is this the best gta and open world game ever. Yes. But It dos not deserve a 10/10. And here's why. It's extremely biased and sexist. And of course graphics are terrible sometimes. But since it's on console, I can forgive it. And of course minor glitches and bugs especially with the physics engine. But overall. It's a great game worthy of hours of your time.
  80. Oct 18, 2013
    I wish they had tested the game before release and fixed everything that they raped GTA IV for, Physics (crash off of a bike going 200 and land two feet in front of it), Health (trip over a curb and break you neck) Somethings gotta give with the cops either have us be tougher or have them not have flawless accuracy and redeculously sensative wanted system I help them catch a guy they areI wish they had tested the game before release and fixed everything that they raped GTA IV for, Physics (crash off of a bike going 200 and land two feet in front of it), Health (trip over a curb and break you neck) Somethings gotta give with the cops either have us be tougher or have them not have flawless accuracy and redeculously sensative wanted system I help them catch a guy they are already chasing and they don't even want him anymore they kill me. So often I'm just trying to get somewhere and suddenly i have stars and im dead and I don't even realize what happened one star and they act like I shot the president GTA cops are supposed to be incompetent fools that are crazy and ruthless but these are super cops crash into any other whip and destroy it and kill the driver instantly crash into a cop and they take no damage they and their whips are damn near indestructible yet if you even bump into a guard rail your one tire will cripple you. Cars explode easier than unstable nitro if you get em more than ten feet off the ground and yet in simple crashes your fender doesn't even dent. You can't rob stores properly, can't customize vehicle properly, purchasing anything in the game is pointless because of glitches and bugs and I feel like they aren't even bugs it's how they intended the game to be... lame as which is soo unfortunate because they did progress a lot from IV but they digressed in some of the most detrimental areas took away the heart of what makes GTA games... replay value what do I do when I'm sick of GTA V's immaturity but go back to IV and have some real fun Expand
  81. Oct 17, 2013
    Again that same like in old versions GTA. Huge map, tons of stupid missions, nothing special and new comparing other GTA's.

Recommended only enter cheat's and get lot of fun from killing and destroy everything!
  82. Oct 17, 2013
    Grand theft auto 5 is an outstanding game there's so much to donuts amazing best xbox 360 and it's just great you must own it now I recommend you to go and buy this game.
  83. Oct 17, 2013
    I have Pre Order'd the game and played it since. it is a Very Good Game, Stand alone not much of an improvement from Grand Theft Auto IV. but certainly a very well written story, the use of 3 main characters is great to have diversity and the map is gorgeous, I found Michel's story to be the most interesting but they don't really have that much of a difference in personality's. Trevor isI have Pre Order'd the game and played it since. it is a Very Good Game, Stand alone not much of an improvement from Grand Theft Auto IV. but certainly a very well written story, the use of 3 main characters is great to have diversity and the map is gorgeous, I found Michel's story to be the most interesting but they don't really have that much of a difference in personality's. Trevor is insane, Micheal is a bank robber and Franklin is a Gangster. yet in the end they are ALL psychopaths. Trevor and Micheal have some history and it was very fascinating on predicting how they would get along in when they meet each other after 9 years. overall. i WOULD have given it a 9/10. but with the common error's of Grand Theft Auto: Online during its first week of release. i had to give it a 8/10 Expand
  84. Oct 17, 2013
    i may not own this game...yet. but i have seen reviews and a let's play and it looks very good.if you love sandbox games or this is your first time i'd definitely go out there and get this game.
  85. Oct 16, 2013
    Doesn't live up to the hype. If you enjoy a game that is absolute trash, then heck this game should be a 10/10 for you omg!!!1111 but no sadly I do not like absolute dog so this game is a 0.
  86. Oct 16, 2013
    This game is amazing and it is so much fun. I love the characters and how realistic it all is. My one complaint is that it is almost impossible to land a plane and it is really frustrating.
  87. Oct 16, 2013
    I really love this game. It has an good story line and I really like the 3 character idea. Online also adds a great aspect into your game. When you finished campaign you just go head first into online mode and you have something to do for the next few years. The car tuning system works great and the idea of insuring your car is very handy. When you're playing online and you are level 10I really love this game. It has an good story line and I really like the 3 character idea. Online also adds a great aspect into your game. When you finished campaign you just go head first into online mode and you have something to do for the next few years. The car tuning system works great and the idea of insuring your car is very handy. When you're playing online and you are level 10 you'll unlock bounty's which add another great aspect to the online gameplay. You can just become a bounty hunter and earn your money that way. And last but not least the weather is great, Especially the way rain influences your grip. Only negative point Steering is a bit weird. Expand
  88. Oct 16, 2013
    First, I would like to say that I enjoyed the game; it was well balanced, and did not let the player play god and get away with it, all players online are well matched- until a point, where players are driving tanks around town with their RPG buddies.
    The other problem for me was the ending to the campaign. It seemed a little harsh on the player to be face with endings that are COMPLETELY different, 2 of those leading to the death of Trevor or Michael. The game did not even have the decency to let you play with them after without restarting or managing to save before the "choice"
    other than that, great laugh with friends, had so many great moments, and hopefully when online is fully updated and working, I will cherish it.
  89. Oct 16, 2013
    AMAZING... AMAZING story... AMAZING characters...

Steven Ogg (Trevor), Ned Luke (Michael) and Shawn “Solo” Fonteno (Franklin) are outstanding actors!

This "game" is way beyond anything ever made.

DOT
  90. Oct 16, 2013
    Most depressing game I've ever played. I had high hopes for the game after all the hype. The magazines etc must be kidding us! They have obviously just gone along with public opinion with their biased 'best game ever', and 'groundbreaking' reviews. I've seen better graphics, better gameplay, storylines etc elsewhere. This GTA thing has been done to death now...Drive around, shootMost depressing game I've ever played. I had high hopes for the game after all the hype. The magazines etc must be kidding us! They have obviously just gone along with public opinion with their biased 'best game ever', and 'groundbreaking' reviews. I've seen better graphics, better gameplay, storylines etc elsewhere. This GTA thing has been done to death now...Drive around, shoot someone, steal some money, goto a clothes shop, buy a burger, swim around, use the cheats....Nee naw nee naw, some (as the game puts it) swearing non stop YAAAAWWWWNNNNN....They just promote it to make money ...One big cash in. The game is rubbish!
    Ok so the latest GTA game, number 5... First off, EVERYTHING you do in this game takes AGES. This is very clearly a game for people with no life whatsoever. Installing the game takes ages, you will spend hours trying to be able to save the game because it throws you into one boring mission after another (which entails driving around a massive landscape that all looks the same in a boring car (which all steer the same)). You complete the mission which goes on and on with endless chit chat and a (as the game puts it), saying 'pus£y as£ motha£u£in homeboy hoe' and 'move chor bi$ch as% fatherfu&ker homey' and 'whut id it wit choo (and such things non-stop throughout the game). It will do your head in that much you would rather the main characters got killed instead. Just a bunch of idiot main characters with nothing about them to like. You will murder, steal etc and all the time not give a toss about the person you are playing as...Just pointless. The game is racist, sexist, full of filth, corruption and murder. It's seedy and depressing. It's not a true representation of real life at all. When have you ever heard a rea; 'coloured' guy talk like these idiots they dig out for games and movies? It's like having Samuel Sackson in die hard 3 and an angry coked-up Eggie Murphy shouting in your ear for hours on end... And again it's been done and been done better before. We had all this nonsense in San Andreas with 'CJ'. 'Hey dat man chillin in ma crib homey' stupid talking rubbish. Again; It's impossible to relate to the characters because they are rapists, idiots, thieves and murderers (and worse)...Just scum. The radio drives you off your head and how anyone with an actual real life can play this game I will never know....I mean it's so unnecessarly detailed you can even choose the ringtone on your fake phone in the game or take photos with the phones camera, check texts, messages online etc. It's just too much for a game. Fake girlfriends, fake friends etc etc. Wtf? Get a life folks! The strip club is a joke. I mean if they are going to have all that stuff why not just go the full hog and put in detailed sex etc instead of beating around the bush with a bit of tittie here and there? The game is just a cop out. It can't even do the violence and sex thing right without shi&&ing out. As I said, EVERYTHING takes ages in this game. I went to play it online thinking "I've got an hour to kill (before i went out to live in the real world"...But It went on and on and on with some coloured guy showing me around (another idiot) saying this, that, sh^& hoe bit&hin motha&^ka that for hours again, only to drop me somewhere in the world with more criminal activity to do as I controlled another lowlife (myself this time which i created with the character creation which is also totally rubbish (you pick your granny and grandad and their granny and grandad to get your looks). I played the game for a few hours (which was pretty good going) and after all the drugs, violence and utter boredom I was begging someone to take me into the shops to trade the (sh%t) game in...I couldn't wait! The main characters are cowards too which makes it even more unbearable and when angry go into little girlie hissy fits etc...They reminded me of wanabees on x factor getting told they can't sing and then they go all spotty and teenage and display their little temper tantrums....Just pathetic. I usually buy these games to drive around the virtual world with my steering wheel. On this game the wheel doesnt work (it works with every other car game). Nothing of use actually works in this game. Even the cheats are rubbish. No lock wanted level, nothing. Your forced to just play the dull, sick storyline. Who wants to play a game hearing throughout non-stop some bit$% as£ hoe, complain about their sad life all the way through a game? There are 3 characters in this game...3 whingers that do nothing but complain about their rubbish pathetic lives and see violence and behaving as an idiot as the only way out. They all have mental issues and see phychologists, take drugs, drink etc. Hardly a cheery game and not something I would pollute my mind with. I took this back to the shop the next day, sorry I ever bought it. Everything about this game bored me stupid
  91. Oct 15, 2013
    This game is so overrated by critics. It's not worth a 10/10! The map is very large, but there is not much to do than in other GTA. Many many bug. Some Frustrating gameplay. Automatic shooting is so boring. This is a disappointment for me. Too many promises unfulfilled. Who wants to play golf, tennis etc We can not even sell our car. And I'm not talking about Online!!!
  92. Oct 15, 2013
    just f****ng amazing
    a masterpiece
    very funny game
    i done all missions of the game
    simply the best as all the rocksrar games
    it's very coll, cop's scape, assaults, races, and more
  93. Oct 15, 2013
    Simply GTA V is the BEST game of this generation single player is phenomenal it is worth every cent and trust me i don't say that lightly personally i don't care care much about GTA Online i got more than enough amazing things to do in sp. :)

94. Oct 14, 2013
    For me this is the best overall GTA ever, overall being the key word i like that Rockstar have again had a main theme for GTA this time being theft and this is a highly enjoyable and well though out game from setting up the heists to the 3 way main antagonist but i just felt like at times this game kinda fell flat it was missing something that i can't put my finger on that bit of directionFor me this is the best overall GTA ever, overall being the key word i like that Rockstar have again had a main theme for GTA this time being theft and this is a highly enjoyable and well though out game from setting up the heists to the 3 way main antagonist but i just felt like at times this game kinda fell flat it was missing something that i can't put my finger on that bit of direction that made the San Andreas story so great, the story was good but did kinda fade in and out direction wise i think that GTA San Andreas still has the best story line to date, all the activities throughout Los Santos were great its like they took great sporting games and Incorporated them into GTA V, i just feel like there is something missing from the game this time round i was expecting a the story to be a little better and i think it may just be because of the 3 characters that the story got a little jaded at times and seemed to loose focus and i think that it was a little predictable with no twists in the story, which is a break from the norm but made the story a bit to straight forward a nice well thought out twist would have helped this game and took it to even higher levels but it was still a great game and the story overall wasn't a bad one, yet another great Grand Theft Auto Expand
  95. Oct 14, 2013
    Only thing I can say about this masterpiece is: BEST GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED IN MY LIFE!!!!!! This is one of the greatest experiences you will have in any console EVER, BUY IT NOW!!!!!
  96. Oct 14, 2013
    this game is a masterpiece, i give it a 10 out of 10. The dialogue and gameplay really set this game apart from other open world games. Its graphics may not be the best but for a map this size, they are definitely easy on the eyes and high above average. The characters arent amazing but are nice and well thought out. The story is relatively strong and the freedom is off the charts in thisthis game is a masterpiece, i give it a 10 out of 10. The dialogue and gameplay really set this game apart from other open world games. Its graphics may not be the best but for a map this size, they are definitely easy on the eyes and high above average. The characters arent amazing but are nice and well thought out. The story is relatively strong and the freedom is off the charts in this game. So many new features have been added to this game and is a huge improvement to the GTA series. Overall there are few flaws in the game such as the shooting mechanics and creating your character for gta online (which is a mess) but it is far from enough to hold back this masterpiece from its fame. Expand
  97. Oct 14, 2013
    I love this game it's one of the best i've ever played of and btw im here courtesy of OfficialNerdCubed break the system metacritic is suckish! Anyways i think that the graphics are good looking they don't overdue it at ALL. The missions are awesome and the story is like a movie.
  98. Oct 14, 2013
    gta online 3 characters deleted.... why do any game companys go near cloud....... its just when u put 20 hours into a char x3 and have them deleted every time
  99. Ogr
    Oct 14, 2013
    GTA V is a huge open-world-game filled with tons of stuff to do. Everything about this game is already said, so to cut a long story short: GTA V makes fun, it makes fun to cruise around and switch from one character to another etc., but I must admit that I don't like the story oft GTA V and all in all it's "just" another Grand Theft Auto. There are some new things of course, but they don'tGTA V is a huge open-world-game filled with tons of stuff to do. Everything about this game is already said, so to cut a long story short: GTA V makes fun, it makes fun to cruise around and switch from one character to another etc., but I must admit that I don't like the story oft GTA V and all in all it's "just" another Grand Theft Auto. There are some new things of course, but they don't give me a feeling of playing a new game. After playing GTA III, Vice City, San Andreas, GTA IV this game gives me not much except doing everything I already knew from the older games very well.
    So GTA V plays very well, but still I hope for more innovation for the next Rockstar game.
  100. Oct 13, 2013
    The single player campaign is nothing less than superb. That part alone should get 10 out of 10. However the online portion has several large problems with it;

1) The release of online was delayed 2) When it did become active it was over swamped with users 3) When users go online, it crapped out and sometime lost their progress 4) When it did work, there is a lot of random fighting

1) The release of online was delayed
    2) When it did become active it was over swamped with users
    3) When users go online, it crapped out and sometime lost their progress
    4) When it did work, there is a lot of random fighting whether you want it or not. (suggestion 3 settings; passive, friendly, aggressive)
    5) Leveling and money are a joke. People have already found many ways to fake level up, cars, users, money. They really needed to and still need to stop the abuse of the system. I have many suggestions for that.

Even with all those issues, at the end of the day it is still fun

1. Dec 12, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto V offers one of the best sandbox experiences ever, filled to the brink with stuff to do. The vistas are magnificent and amazing stuff just seems to happen wherever you go. But at the same time the story is tired and the characters unoriginal. Your appreciation of Grand Theft Auto V will depend of what you want out of the series. The freedom and joy of discovery is hard to beat but the rest still has some ways left to go.
  2. Nov 6, 2013
    GTA V continues the game series' tradition of raising the bar for open world action games.
  3. Nov 5, 2013
    Tons of gameplay hours, plenty of missions and activities with an awesome collection of vehicles of various modes of transportation and a large array of firearms put the grandeur once again into Grand Theft Auto.