8.1

1. Sep 23, 2014
    One of the best games ever made. Each mission seems likes it's ripped out of a frantic action movie, and they're all varied. The characters, voice acting, production values, and story are all amazing. The game play is superb. Rockstar has overhauled the shooting mechanics to make them much more inviting than GTA IV, and the driving has been completely reworked as well. The world is massive, with tons of things to do, and all of it is gorgeous. My only problem was that GTA Online was underwhelming at best, and heists simply were never added. That's a shame, but no reason to overlook this. If you haven't played this game yet (which I doubt), then pick it up immediately, or better yet, wait for the next gen version. I am surely going to purchase this on my Xbox One when it is released to experience this gem again. Expand
  2. Rem
    Sep 21, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto 5 touts itself as one of the most expansive, diverse, and entertaining game. And that is true to a degree. The switching between the three main characters keeps the game from becoming mute, but because of this you cannot really connect with any of the three characters, I mean you could hardly even connect with three killers anyway. What Grand Theft Auto 5 supremely outdoes over GTA 4 is the variety of mission. No longer are you just an errand boy, but a heist master running the strings with a multitude of missions. Though I have to say that the three main characters are less compelling than Niko Bellic. Even the secondary activities have received an upgrade in terms of enjoyment. Also the little tweaks keep annoying bits like calling and restarting missions to a minimum so in the end, you get a package that will allow you to get lost in the world of Los Santos. Expand
  3. Sep 12, 2014
    2nd best GTA game, but to be honest. I don't really care about the characters, and also I was disappointed that I can only play around Los Santos. I actually hoped for the San Andreas area. But this is a really good game. But if you loved this, You would **** love San Andreas. And the humor in this game is really good.
  4. Sep 9, 2014
    I dont like it. There is just nothing about it that makes me want to play it. IV, SA and VC had that special something. That atmosphere. IV lacked it, but it was still a great game. But this? They threw the fun car physics from IV away and made all suspensions out of stone or something. Combat. Ohh im boiling right now. It's like under water. if you fall down you just lay there for a couple of seconds and then slooooooowwwwlllyyy start to get up. Now the good: Music is decent. Better than IV anyways. Includes Online so that's something new even though it gets boring 30 mins in. Car mods. Great. Expand
  5. Sep 7, 2014
    Vice city is still the king of gta. And that's a damn fact.Thats not an opinion it's a fact people.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  6. Sep 2, 2014
    To this day, I never see the hype of this game. Its a mediocre third person shooter with some ugly visuals and a pretty bad story. Ok, i'll admit, there are some cool missions. And some cool things to do. But really, the % of good to bad is maybe 20-80. Great-You can play golf and tennis. Who cares?The game goes for quantity of Quality and the result is mediocre.
    InB4AngryFanboys
  7. Sep 1, 2014
    This game is over rated but it's still very fun. The flaws are that you're pretty much a god in this game. After you beat the game you can just run around with like billion weapons on you. Multiplayer is incomplete but still fun to race around and kill other players.
  8. Aug 26, 2014
    However a nice game,it also has it's disappointing parts.The characters swear to much,Grand Theft Auto IV has a much better story and the game shows racism and sexism,it is,however a nice game to have.This game also returned it's possibility to customize cars.It is a beautiful game.
  9. Aug 25, 2014
    The game feels really short, maybe unfinished.

There's no good way to save your cars. You can put them into a garage, but if you take one out and drive it to a mission, good luck finding it again after the mission is done. This pretty stupid especially considering you can spend A LOT of money upgrading a car, only to have it disappear because you assumed the game would do something
    logical, like preserve the car while doing missions or put it back in your garage if you leave it somewhere.

Speaking of money, it's handled terribly. Unlike other GTA games, money DOES have value (there are worthwhile things to spend it on), but the amount of money you have never makes sense. You start the game with next to no money; you can't afford to really buy guns, cars, or even a cool suit. Then you keep doing missions and not getting paid for them, which is incredibly frustrating. So ok, maybe this is the kind of game where money is really scarce. NOPE! after your first heist you are handed a ludicrous amount of money and can pretty much purchase whatever you want. There's no strategic thinking or saving up for a cool item. Money instantly goes from "I wish I had some but I don't have any" to "I have more than I could ever spend". You COULD actually drop a good load of cash on a fancy car or plane, but it will most likely explode or get lost somehow and your cash will be wasted.

Speaking of heists now, it starts off good but becomes disappointing quickly. The first heist is really interactive, different ways to approach the situation, the choice for your crew members really matter, you could to case the joint and everything. And there's a big cash reward (probably too big).
    But that's pretty much the only real heist there is. The rest are basically just plot missions. Leveling up crew members which was expected to be important from the precedent and the tutorial of the first mission pretty much doesn't matter at all past the first heist. Also there are only like two extra crew members you can ever get in the first place and you get them from easily missed random events.

The map is huge and is more than just a city, which is pretty cool, but it's pretty useless. There's nothing to find. No collectibles, easter eggs, not really any hidden missions. There's a tiny bit of wildlife but it doesn't really serve a purpose. Most of the missions will take place in the city or Trevor's town. The rest might as well not exist.

The game is SHORT for a GTA game. It honestly feels like it's not finished. You should be familiar with the typical GTA formula: you meed a job provider, you do some missions, and then end up screwing up or something and killing them as their last mission. In this game, there are very few of these types of characters. It's pretty disappointing because those types of characters are usually the most interesting people in GTA games. There's one case where you meet this kind of mission giving character and literally the second mission is where someone screws up and then you have to kill the mission giver. Where's all the missions in between?

This also goes for side quests. There are a few mission giving side characters, but there's (as previously mentioned) no cash reward. And they all end very anti-climatically. Literally the end of one of the quest lines is "aren't you going to pay me?", "no, go away". And that's it. You can shoot the guy if you want but...

What actually IS in the game is done pretty well. The story, shooting, driving mechanics, characters, are all great. Length, number of interesting side characters, car storing mechanics, side quests, mini games, are pretty terrible.
  10. Aug 21, 2014
    This one should have been a 10 out of 10. If I could say anything to Rockstar it would be that to make the perfect game, all you have to do is give me good gameplay mechanics and tell me a good story. That's all there is to it, so it isn't rocket science. By comparason with Rockstar's savage sendup of the immigrant experience in GTA 4, their story in GTA 5 is tame and dull. I stopped caring about all three of the characters about halfway through the game. I also found myself wondering where the satire had gone.
    However, the city and vehicles may have been enough to save the experience for me had the money making aspects of the game been decent. Here you have properties worth $150,000,000 and no real hope of actually making that much money during the game. Yes, you can hang around and day trade for a year, and maybe get enough money eventually, but I will have moved on to the next Assassin's Creed long before that happens. But, you say, how about Franklin's assassination misssions and the opportunities you have there? Well, if you are offline, you only get two of them, which brings me to one of my biggest gripes, which is the manner in which the online features interfere with the single player game. I have lost patience with these constant attempts to force me to join some BS gaming community just to get the full value of my purchase in terms of the solo play. Playing offline locks me out of the BAWSAQ, which wouldn't be too bad if so many of the investment opportunities, offered by the missions themselves, weren't locked into it. It's a crappy thing to do, Rockstar, and I don't take kindly to it. It kind of makes me feel like you are trying to rip me off somehow. Strike one.
    Then there is Chop. Apparently he can be trained, but not unless I download some BS IFruit App. Strike two.
    Even the enormity of the map is problematic because there is no fast travel feature. Too, there is at least one series of challenge missions that is buried so deep in the game that it is unlikely to be found absent online prompting. Some people may find that sort of thing fun and engaging, I just find it cheap and boring.
    While the idea of being able to switch between 3 characters is a nice innovation in concept, but given just how dull these three guys are, it is no substitute for good story telling.
    So, while the game is pretty, I can't say that I have enjoyed it any more than I did GTA 4, and in fact, have enjoyed it substantially less.
    All of those gripes aired, I am still going to rate it at 9 out of 10. I thought that GTA 4 was nearly the perfect video game and I don't think that GTA 5 improves much on it except in a technical sense, but the technical presentation of GTA 5 is mind blowing. The game is technically flawless, and I have never seen better graphics in any xbox 360 game ever. Given the expanse of the map, you'd expect some popup at least, but the way in which the installation and the play disc interact to take advantage of all the machine's capabilities, eliminates most of it. The audio is excellent and there is no end of variety among the available radio stations, although I have not yet found the talk radio of LS to be anything like as hilarious as that found in LC. I'll give Los Santos this much, the music is better.
    Even given the dullness of the story and of the characters themselves, and even given the arguably crippling effect of tying ones ability to make money to his internet connection, GTA 5 is still a good time. There is definitely enough going on in Los Santos to keep one busy.
  11. Aug 19, 2014
    One of if not the best game I have ever played, very enjoyable. Good storyline and very interesting characters. Online is very fun also. Amazingly beautiful game good enough to be on next gen consoles. A must get for any video game lover!
  12. Aug 11, 2014
    The map is amazingly huge and so many activities! The three character game play was awesome and the Story line was pretty good. Driving feels really hard at first which makes it really fun to drive around with. Same with the planes and helicopters There is a chuck of San Andreas which i liked, and the story line is really long so i enjoyed it for a long time. The heists were awesome and is the first time they put in heists. I'm not really sure if the graphics for the mountains could've been better but other then that, it's one of the best games I've played. Expand
  13. Aug 3, 2014
    Absolutely amazing game. I won't bother writing a proper review for this game as it's been done to death by this point, but I will say it is amazing. The only real faults I have is the radio stations don't have quite enough content for my taste, you can't change the default car of your characters, which makes buying cars kind of redundant, especially with the cars fading away from garage bug, and the money needs to stream in a lot more at the start of the game so that you can actually enjoy buying stuff instead of waiting for that 31 mil hit at the end with some stock market exploits for win.

Other than that and the frame rate issues the game rocked. The three characters are likeable and believable if not exaggerated. The weapons feel great, and have useful customisations. The vehicles have their own perks and the auto shop is a wonderful addition to the game. The city breaths and has a life of its own, the storyline is fun and fresh, the gameplay is awesome as well, with a wide range of missions that truly brought a smile to my dial.

It's great to see the PC movement hasn't quite infected all aspects of gaming yet, and I hope it never will.
  14. Aug 2, 2014
    Groundbreaking game. Enormous open world several times larger than GTA IV's. Character switching is a creative way to keep the game refreshing. Large selection of weapons. Large selection of vehicles. For the car hoarders, it's very difficult to pick your top 16 cars to modify and store because there are so many choices. Unfortunately, Rockstar hasn't perfected police behavior yet - but certainly improved over GTA IV where they would randomly appear. I would give the game a 10/10 if it weren't for the bugs... cars disappear at safehouses for Franklin and Trevor. The garage door sticks shut at Michael's house and cars disappear there on occasion too. The lack of confidence in spending $1-10M on a car in the game out of fear it will disappear sort of ruins the excitement a little. But overall, the game is 100% worth buying, but not perfect. That'll give us something to look forward to with GTA 6. Expand
  15. Aug 1, 2014
    Simply the best GTA game after San Andreas with the return of flyable airplanes and finally brought back all the fun aspects that was lacking since GTA IV and also improved on basically every mechanics in the game such as driving, shooting, etc. This is a game that you simply can not miss out on.
  16. Jul 30, 2014
    The GTA series has managed to impress with every new addition to the series and GTA 5 not only impressed but exceeds exceptions on every front. The game play has been tuned and refined to be the smoothest and most enjoyable game in a GTA game or any game in general. The graphics have to be seen to be believed that they look so good on dated hardware. An the sound and atmosphere is perfect. GTA 5 in the pinnacle of open world games and has raised the bar for gaming in general.
    The only people I could imagine not enjoying this game would be those with very delicate sensibility's as the game is down right vulgar and perverted at times, but that has always been one of the charms of the GTA series.
  17. Jul 30, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V is an exhilarating game that is a must play. The story is quite good that has a nice twist to it, the missions are very fun and action packed, and the characters have their own unique personalities. I do like that each character is doing an activity or has selected a different wardrobe because it feels like that they actually have a life to live outside of when you control them. This Grand Theft Auto has a nice balance between story missions and free roam, and there are a lot to do in each. As opposed to Grand Theft Auto IV the player actually has property to buy and that property generates income and another improvement is the driving, it's a whole lot better. The online portion of the game is amazing too. It's a blast to goof off with friends in free roam and do some missions or racing together. Grand Theft Auto V is an amazing free roam game that has tons of things to do and you'll be playing it for hours upon hours. Expand
  18. Jul 28, 2014
    I was excited massivley for this game i watched the tralier over and over again and when it came out on one day before my birthday and on that day i saw it i was so happy and when i got it and finished the main missions which took a long time because i kept on getting distracted with so much to do races, parachute jumps , side missions,random incounters and the most fun reason driving around like a maniac killing shoting everyone and getting chased by the police my god SOOOOOOO MUCH FUN X). the biggest thing that gta 5 has is mutipule characters Franklin ,Michael and Trevor. The missions in my opinon are some of the best the Rockstar have made the hiests and trevors missions are my presonal favs.The story is good but not as good as gta 4s story but who plays gta for story you play it for the open world gameplay which gta 5 shows its awesomness. The world is beautiful I think its so good that may xbox 360 is killing itself to show it on the screen but the frame rate drops a bit but its hardly noticalble when your having so much fun in this world. the vehicals handle perfectly and the water is the best i have seen in a game. Each character has thier own special ability franklin can slow down time when driving Michael can do the same when shooting and trevor can take a lot of hits and can do more damage.Exploring the world is also so much fun like finding easter eggs who dosen't like that.and then theres the online and my god what can i say about their are jobs to do which are fun like racing and survivals but exploring the world with friends and causing trouble its just the iecing over this lovely and delicious cake. I want to give this game more than 10 out of 10 but i can't do that so if your a fan of the well theres actually no point of saying that because you probably all ready have 10 out of 10 is my verdict Expand
  19. Jul 27, 2014
    This game is one of the greatest games of this generation and certainly would get on greatest of all time lists. The story is about 3 people and their attempts at making it big(basically every other GTA story). They transition well and the story isn't awful. A lot of people say that it was lame and they didn't care about what was happening, but that might be because it is so easy to lose focus on the story when presented with one of the greatest sandboxes of all time.

The driving is a huge improvement over GTA 4 and the shooting is great. Some people complain about the aim dot but guess what? You can change it in the settings. You character is annoying when running up a hill and when he/she falls over they take what feels like a long time to get up which is absolutely dreadful when playing Online.

The cops are extremely annoying in the game. They have radar vision and when you are hiding can spot you even when it says they aren't looking at you. I once was hiding a bush where I couldn't see myself when maneuvering the camera and the cops drive by, stop and jump into the bushes for no reason and find me. This problem continues in Online where you can have a fight with someone else and the cops will show up try killing you. This drains your health and leaves you vulnerable to one shot by the other player.

Car customization is good, but it lacks a lot on certain vehicles. There isn't much to do with Trucks in the game when customizing. There are basically only 2 upgrades you will get that aren't just visual. One type improves acceleration and the other gives you bulletproof tires so no one can pop them when you are driving.

In Onine it is very fun yet will get ruined when facing a glicher who is exploiting in game glitches to pad his stats, jet users, and people who sit in Zentorno/Entity/Adders running you over and sitting with the back to you. The jet is one of the worst things in Online. When turning it lags where it is and carries explosive bullets when using the Machine gun on it.

People complain about RockStar not releasing the heists but then they have to fix hacks people have been doing to get unlimited amounts of money. People are constantly trying to find ways to do this and R* has to release a patch to this so heists will be relevant. Money is kind of hard to make when starting out yet it gets simple at level 25 which is a pretty easy level to get to.

The game has its flaws yet it still is one of the best games I have ever played.
  20. Jul 26, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V is amazing. Rockstar Games managed to squeeze every last ounce out of what the Xbox 360 can do, and the results are obvious. The world is huge, probably the size of GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV and Red Dead Redemption combined. It's filled with detail, and the atmospheric sound design, be it in the city of Los Santos, or in the vast countryside, makes it feel like you're in an actual living breathing environment.

The action is thrilling. Even though aiming is a little more static than in Max Payne 3, it has improved over GTA IV by miles. The game also features its ow action soundtrack, each track amping up every set-piece, making getting involved in action-packed shootouts much more fun.

A very welcome addition is the beefed-up police force. In GTA IV, it sometimes felt they weren't even trying to catch you. In here, however, it's not hard to get pinned by two police cars, which usually means death. Even though the difficulty has been raised significantly; Rockstar has thought about still giving you a fighting chance, by giving all three playable characters their own special ability, such as improved driving reflexes, a rage mode, and slow-motion aiming, which you can use to give the police the tail.

Switching between the three characters, even though it's not as fast as shown in the trailers, is really easy, and soon you'll be doing it a lot.

Grand Theft Auto V incorprates the same weapon system as Red Ded Redemption. Once you aquired a weapon by any means, that weapon will stay in your weapon-wheel, regardless if you've used up all your ammo for it. This is a very welcome addition. And if you feel like a weapon needs that personal touch, you can go to Ammu-Nation and equip it with a silencer, extended magazines, etc. Returning from GTA: San Andreas, you can mod your vehicles too.

GTA Online still leaves some to be desired, but as for the single player, you really can't go wrong with the biggest, most complete Grand Theft Auto game yet.
  21. Jul 24, 2014
    This game is amazing, they fixed most of the problems we had with GTA IV. What I liked about GTA V 1.Rockstar added some of features from the previous GTA's, and other games created 2. Even though they brought back the arcadish driving, it seems better because the car physics aren't boaty like GTA Iv's. I mean the driving GTA V may not be realistic as IV's but it's feels better. 3. Being able to control Franklin, Michael, Trevor at once was incredible. It was something I haven't seen Rockstar games do before.
    4. The cinematic game play was something I also never seen Rockstar do with GTA. There really any loading screens on the single player, after it loads up, and the cinematic gameplay make mission awesome.
    5. The NPC's, and the characters, are very responsive.
    6. The interactions.
    7. The customizations with the cars.
    8. The weapons being customizable.
    9. The online, was finally something could enjoy without role playing without police crew. Unlike GTA IV where you just drive around in a freemode bored, you actually get stuff done.
    10. The new LS looks amazing, and the whole entire map is huge and beautiful .
    11. The updates

My conclusion:
    GTA V has become my favorite GTA. I really hope rockstar, keeps up the good work. I know little bit of San Andreas fanboys wanted a San Andreas clone, (As usual) but this rules. I still like SA, but I like V more.
  22. Jul 22, 2014
    Ridiculously good game. Possibly the best as far as sandbox shoot/drive games go. Tons of little details that will make you say, "that's crazy!"
    Colorful characters, great physics engine, silky smooth gameplay AND online play. What more could you want?
  23. Jul 19, 2014
    I understand that a lot of people enjoy GTA V. I admit that it has some excellent story missions with truly creative and clever ideas. However, I do not enjoy playing this game and I believe that the critics that gave this game a perfect rating let their excitement get the better of them. GTA V deserves some criticism and in my opinion it is very far from the 'ultimate sandbox game' that many people have described it to be. GTA has no inspiring features, you simply rob stores and screw hookers similarly to how you do in the previous games. The only truly iconic feature that GTA V has brought to its franchise is being able to control three separate characters. This makes for some pretty cool bits of gameplay in the story missions, but it's completely pointless in the open world. The whole time I played in the open world, I always stuck to playing as Trevor and had no reason to change.
    Shooting in this game is somehow even less fun here than it is in GTA IV. I've never liked the auto-aim in these games, but at least in GTA IV you could just shoot your next target without having to use it. In GTA V it punishingly difficult to try to aim and kill someone without auto-aim, with your marker being so small and the camera so stiff. The easiest way to kill anyone is to flick your LT and RT triggers in sequence, which makes this mechanic boring in a game with little other gameplay to offer.
    The open world is the most disappointing feature. No matter how alive Rocksteady has worked to make the world feel alive, once you've completely the main missions the open world simply feels dead. Sure you can do side activities such as sports like golf and tennis, but all of these activities have little reward and just feel tedious. Furthermore, the graphics in this game are also not as outstanding as it has been boasted. Truly, when you think about the detail in other sandbox games like Just Cause 2, which came out earlier and has a bigger open world, GTA V looks much worse.
    My final problem with GTA V is with its online mode. There's nothing left to do in it! There are races, a few missions (which you have to play by yourself), and that's it! If you're in a map with your friends the most amount of fun you will have will come from robbing stores and getting involved in car chases, but these will get old quickly. The main appealing aspect about an online mode is its co-operative heists, but these still aren't available to play meaning there's little-to-nothing to do in the same extremely dull open world at all.
    I don't completely hate GTA V, and I respect Rockstar. This game gets some things spot-on-right, for example, I enjoyed almost all of the story missions, I especially enjoyed the excellent ending decision you had to make, the characters were interesting, and the dialogue was well-written and sometimes very funny. While I think the gameplay is repetitive and uninspired some people clearly love it and there is a reason why it has such a devoted fanbase. Many people love this game, I understand that. But there are many others who don't like it such as myself and my friends, and it's difficult for people like us to overlook these looming problems. If Rockstar wants to make there next GTA game more appealing there are many places they can start, for example, create more interior sections in the open world and give us an option from the launch date to play co-operative missions and heists with our friends. To be honest, however, I don't want Rockstar to return to this franchise ever again. It is an overall uninteresting, unappealing and uninspired concept to many people such as myself. Rockstar has made so many more defining and unique open-world games in the past such as Red Dead Redemption and Bully, both of which have much better characters and much more immersive open worlds than there are in all of the GTA games combined. I hope they return to games like these in the future and bring us more of these other excellent titles that are still talked about. Please Rockstar, abandon GTA and focus on making a sequel to your best work.
  24. Jul 17, 2014
    This game is SO over achieved. Saints row is a lot better than this crap. For 1 it is WAY to inappropriate, You can walk into a strip club, who's idea was that? The game play in here is nothing new, open world, go into anyone's care, and just drive around and shoot people. Oh and not only that 3 characters! This game is WAY to inappropriate for anybody to play. And it is WAY to over achieved. Trust me, do not buy this game, it is a waste of money and a waste of time. Probably gonna get tons of 10 year old haters for this. Expand
  25. Jul 15, 2014
    GTA 5 was NOT the best game in the year 2013. Why? Because it was an overhyped AAA-title, that can't raise the bar. With raise the bar i doesn't mean the SUPER MEGA HYPER graphics. It was good marketed (at least in Germany), but in Gameplay it had no innovations. It was the same title like the olders, with a new, in 1,5 hours playable story (but the story was good) and new graphics. That is the reason to pay 60€ (in Germany). Well, it had good elements, but no new.

1000000000000/100- IGN

Sorry for translation errors.
  26. Jul 14, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V. Grand Theft Auto is a series that I was waiting to get my hands on ever since I started playing video games, which was back when I was seven. Back in June, I got that chance when I started playing GTA IV. I will review that game later, as I unfortunately have not completed that game's main story missions yet. This is mostly because I got GTA V only a couple of weeks later. So, is this game deserve the 2013...game...of...okay, you know something, forget the intro, you all know what I'm going to say. This is probably one of the greatest games I have ever played, if not the greatest. Everything about this game is amazing, and Rockstar should be proud of themselves for making it. The gameplay of this game is insanely fun. It gives you a massive open world that you are free to explore from the beginning after completing just the first couple of missions. There is so much to do in this open world that it is insane! You can follow the game's story as you do missions, participate in activities in Los Santos such as tennis or watching movies, customize your characters by giving them different clothing and hair cuts, and so much more! Of course, if you want to just go around shooting everything you see, you can do that too. You can also steal and drive cars. The driving in this game is fantastic! I haven't played a game with driving good since Mario Kart. All of the cars handle nicely, and I feel more like it's my own fault that I crashed in this game than in any other game. The shooting in this game is nice too. You can take cover behind pretty much anything in the open world of Los Santos and shoot from behind cover. As stated however, there is a lot more to do in this game than just driving and shooting. You can also play sports, watch movies, go on the internet, or just explore the state of San Andreas. There is also a main story for you to follow, involving three main characters, Michael, Franklin, and Trevor. This brings up another great thing about the gameplay of this game: there are three main characters, and you can switch between them at any time. They aren't different gameplay-wise, other than their special abilities that make them unique such as Franklin's slow-motion driving. However, they more than make up for this with their different personalities, which I will go over in the story section of this review. It is also remarkably bug free, throughout my playthrough of the game's story, I only encountered one bug while I was playing. However, once I died, the game immediately went back to normal. The story missions are all really fun to play despite a few bugs here and there. It is definitely better than Skyrim was with bugs (Skyrim is still amazing, don't get me wrong, but there were several bugs in it). Overall, this game's gameplay is fantastic, no matter how you decide to play it. As for the graphics, not even Far Cry 3 competes with this game's beautiful graphics. That's right. I have found a game that actually looks better than Far Cry 3. This game is about as realistic as graphics in a video game can get. The game's graphics are vibrant, colorful, and perfectly replicate the looks of a city in California, and the Californian countryside. Everything is rich with detail in this game, and beautiful to look at. As for the story, I think I have a new contender for best story in a video game. It might even make BioShock Infinite's story look bad. This game's story takes you across the state of San Andreas with the game's three main characters. There's Michael: a retired bank robber who just wants to be with his family, Trevor: a psychopath who was a former partner of Michael's, and Franklin: an African American who is new to the criminal scene, and just wants to make a lot of money being a criminal. What follows is a story filled with illegal acts, grittiness, humor, and a fun ride from start to finish. Overall, this game's story is one of the greatest I've ever heard in my life. This game really is a fantastic game from start to finish. It is one of...no, it is the greatest game I have ever played. There is not much more that needs to be said. This game is so good, that I just can't put it down, even after completing its story. All I can say is, if you own an Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3, you absolutely need this game. If you don't own it, go buy it now. Just make sure you can take this game's controversial content.
    Gameplay: 10/10
    Graphics: 10/10
    Story: 10/10
    Overall: 10/10
  27. Jul 14, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V is a very wise game and probably the best of its franchise, the character switch is very smart, this game reminded me a lot of a 1995 heist film called Heat starring Robert De Niro and Al Pacino
  28. Jul 5, 2014
    Great Game, I didn't expect that something could reach SA level, but this probably did. Great immersion, great music, great story, superb gameplay.

Good job.
  29. Jul 4, 2014
    The Singleplayer is entertaining and the production value is high. However a lot of the side-missions lack incentive for completing and serve only as minor distractions. Though to the games defense they are all well made and fun. This also applies to the story-missions, which are all entertaining and add twists to what some consider a monotonous formula of "drive here and either shoot, collect or chase something."

GTA online is great. Lot's of modes and missions to play, some are incredibly fun. One that I enjoyed tasked two teams of four with collecting a package and returning it to their home base. The result was an explosive game of tug-of-war. There's a lot to say about GTA-online, but really all you need to know is that it's fun and the range of customisation is impressive.
  30. Jul 4, 2014
    OK, there isn't much to say about a game that cost nearly 265M of US dollars to produce. It's plain perfect. A complete GTA game and the best (along with Vice City) ever created in video games' history (at least for this gen). I hope Rockstar will use the raw potential of the much more powerul XONE and PS4 and create a sequel that'll make once more our jaws drop (like GTA V did when it first hit the market). 10/10 for sure! Expand

1. Dec 12, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto V offers one of the best sandbox experiences ever, filled to the brink with stuff to do. The vistas are magnificent and amazing stuff just seems to happen wherever you go. But at the same time the story is tired and the characters unoriginal. Your appreciation of Grand Theft Auto V will depend of what you want out of the series. The freedom and joy of discovery is hard to beat but the rest still has some ways left to go.
  2. Nov 6, 2013
    GTA V continues the game series' tradition of raising the bar for open world action games.
  3. Nov 5, 2013
    Tons of gameplay hours, plenty of missions and activities with an awesome collection of vehicles of various modes of transportation and a large array of firearms put the grandeur once again into Grand Theft Auto.