User Score
8.3

Generally favorable reviews- based on 3642 Ratings

User score distribution:
Buy On

Review this game

  1. Your Score
    0 out of 10
    Rate this:
    • 10
    • 9
    • 8
    • 7
    • 6
    • 5
    • 4
    • 3
    • 2
    • 1
    • 0
    • 0
  1. Submit
  2. Check Spelling
  1. Apr 21, 2017
    10
    SUPER!!! my favourite series - do what you want, missions or free-drive. And GTA 5 is the next step to new big world and the variety of choices. Little dissapointing that some feature were cut in comparison to previous parts...
  2. Apr 17, 2017
    3
    Magnifique monde ouvert, dommage qu'il soit aussi cloisonné et scripté dans ses missions : comme un cabot on suit les instructions à la lettre, on va chercher et on rapporte le nonosse. Comme un robot on obéit, pas de vraie liberté dans ce monde ouvert qui n'a jamais paru aussi fermé.

    Et si c'est beau, si on voit loin, ça rame aussi très souvent, le jeu étant incapable de maintenir les
    Magnifique monde ouvert, dommage qu'il soit aussi cloisonné et scripté dans ses missions : comme un cabot on suit les instructions à la lettre, on va chercher et on rapporte le nonosse. Comme un robot on obéit, pas de vraie liberté dans ce monde ouvert qui n'a jamais paru aussi fermé.

    Et si c'est beau, si on voit loin, ça rame aussi très souvent, le jeu étant incapable de maintenir les 30 im/s. Quand on rajoute à ça la maniabilité toujours aussi rigide et l'interface mal foutue, on se rend vite compte que c'est un foutu calvaire à jouer. Rien de nouveau sous le soleil donc, GTA 5 reste fidèle à lui-même : un TPS en carton. Sauf en voiture, la seule phase réussie du jeu...

    Autre souci qui soûle énormément : ça parle beaucoup, ça parle tout le temps, ça n'arrête pas, des **** mother****a ****ya à tout bout de champ pour un oui un pour un non, ils ne la ferment jamais. Tous les personnages sont des caricatures, même les passants, n'importe qui (même les passants n'arrêtent pas de parler et de raconter n'importe quoi). Si au moins c'était drôle mais même pas...

    Et malgré l'argent fou que se fait Rockstar, aucune version française à l'horizon. Certes les 3 personnages jouables sont un plus et les situations tarantineuses ne manquent pas (ce n'est pas forcément un compliment à dire vrai) alors pourquoi cette absence de personnage féminin parmi les 3 ? sont-ils tous misogynes chez Rockstar ou simplement gays ? surtout qu'on m'oblige à jouer un débile mental parmi les 3 qui ne m'amuse pas du tout...

    Mais le plus grave reste la maniabilité atroce, tout ce pognon dans le développement et toujours pas foutus de faire un TPS correct, ça fait pourtant 15 ans qu'ils font du GTA mais ils ne savent toujours pas. Ras le bol de leurs conneries.
    Expand
  3. Apr 16, 2017
    9
    This game contains the greatest trio of characters you will ever come to love. Each of them have a unique personality that really brings them into their. If you love any of the previous instalments in the series and you haven't played this, it is highly recommended that you do so.
  4. Apr 11, 2017
    7
    É um jogo bom, mas perde potencial...

    Esse jogo é divertido de início, porém com o passar do tempo o modo campanha começa a ficar repetitivo. Eu tenho um 360 com o jogo que já faz alguns meses que não jogo, ao menos que você escolha jogar o modo online que é muito divertido mas são milésimas atualizações de de cada uma 1gb e que o console começa a aquecer e para não estragar, você tem
    É um jogo bom, mas perde potencial...

    Esse jogo é divertido de início, porém com o passar do tempo o modo campanha começa a ficar repetitivo. Eu tenho um 360 com o jogo que já faz alguns meses que não jogo, ao menos que você escolha jogar o modo online que é muito divertido mas são milésimas atualizações de de cada uma 1gb e que o console começa a aquecer e para não estragar, você tem que acabar desligando...
    Expand
  5. Mar 27, 2017
    10
    this is the best game in xbox360 the graphics the story THE ONLINE MAN

    the online maps are awesome and the online missons this one of the best games i played in my WHOLE life
  6. Mar 21, 2017
    9
    Incrible juego, espero que vengan mas juegos así, fuera de los estereotipos clásicos, la vida de una persona 50 años también puede ser muy interesante, Trevor eres la ostia!!
  7. Feb 21, 2017
    9
    This game polishes all the things that made GTA IV fun and puts them in a bigger world with more places to see, characters to meet and things to do. The story may not be as good as GTA IV, but it adds so much things to the GTA formula that this goes unnoticed. Also it includes the best GTA multiplayer.
  8. Feb 13, 2017
    8
    GTA V
    On December 24 I got GTA V, I’ve spent a lot of time on the game. This game may be pricy, but it is very fun and will keep you entertained for many years to come.I have finished the story mode, and have gotten many, many different items in online mode. I have found flaws though it is a great game. I started playing at 7:30 am on December 25th. It started me out in a heist that
    GTA V
    On December 24 I got GTA V, I’ve spent a lot of time on the game. This game may be pricy, but it is very fun and will keep you entertained for many years to come.I have finished the story mode, and have gotten many, many different items in online mode. I have found flaws though it is a great game. I started playing at 7:30 am on December 25th. It started me out in a heist that showed me how to do everything.
    Pros- Shows you how to everything, has an online mode, can play with friends, Rockstar gamers, story mode, a bunch of different options, and customizable vehicles. Cons- Can be glitchy, lots of trolls, prostitution, strip clubs, takes simi-long to switch your gun, but it freezes time. Lester is creepy.
    My experience- GTA V is a good game it’s for people who are mature. Lot’s of people play this game I’ve experienced many trolls. This game it true to it’s rating MA people who aren’t mature won’t be able to handle this game. I was doing a heist and we kept falling and an immature gamer was in the heist he kept making us lose because he thought is was funny.
    I think that this game is great, but people are jerks and with the new game coming out soon I think you should just wait for GTA 6. People who play this should be at least 13 years of age. Be mature and have fun when you play.
    Expand
  9. Feb 3, 2017
    10
    This might be the best game ever made. The past GTAs have all been a lead up to this unbelievable achievement. It is the pinnacle of games. It set the bar so very high.
  10. Jan 28, 2017
    6
    "butthurt fake votes" aside, this is actually from someone who has the Steam version on PC - and recently acquired it for the Xbox.

    If you should be in a similar position...DO NOT BUY THIS GAME FOR THE XBOX 360!! You are missing out on TONNES! STEAM VERSION: unlimited internet access - allowing for extra solo missions "online" should you want to play them - because who needs spotty
    "butthurt fake votes" aside, this is actually from someone who has the Steam version on PC - and recently acquired it for the Xbox.

    If you should be in a similar position...DO NOT BUY THIS GAME FOR THE XBOX 360!!
    You are missing out on TONNES!

    STEAM VERSION: unlimited internet access - allowing for extra solo missions "online" should you want to play them - because who needs spotty faced kids in your online session right?
    Xbox 360 and Microsuck - that'll be six quid per month so you can use our poxy servers thanks.

    Steam Version: DIRECTOR MODE!!
    Xbox: What's that?

    Steam Version: depending on your PC too, the gameplay is smoother.
    Xbox 360: Oh wait a minute I have to load the rest of the road for you....ah man look you have half a car buried in a sea of plain grey.

    Steam Version: FIRST PERSON MODE!
    Xbox: "I JUST CANNAE DO IT CAP'N! SHE NEEDS MOAR POWER!!"
    (And that REALLY blows!!)

    The gameplay and plot is no different offline, the graphics attempt to be consistently decent, but unfortunately xbox 360s aren't really up to the task of keeping up with high speed, high def vehicles bombing down any given road in the middle of a city.

    Essentially, this is a far more disappointing experience if you already know what GTA V is capable of on a PC.

    Like I said....if you find yourself in a position to get it for the xbox as well when you've already got it on PC.....simply do not bother.
    Expand
  11. Nov 14, 2016
    1
    yawn to the max, boooooorrring, i feel asleep so many time. man i hate this game so dumb and stupid. wow so bad holy crap. cant even believe. boring game so bad
  12. Oct 28, 2016
    9
    Very good game! Amazing gameplay and story but graphics on Xbox 360 really bad. GTA online was interesting and not boring. I played a lot with my friends in a robbery mode. I love RockStar Games!
  13. Oct 15, 2016
    10
    Jogo incrível não sei como alguém pode dar nota negativa para esse jogo.História incrível, controles 10, e tudo 10, o único defeito que consigui achar no jogo é a campanha ser curta mas depois da campanha tem missões secundárias mitos locas e também tem o modo online com várias missões.
  14. Jun 30, 2016
    9
    Este juego me ha proporcionado muchas horas de diversion, con una buena campaña, excelente servicio Online y unos DLCs bastante completos. Lo maloha sido la actual dejadez de esta version (Xbox360) junto con la de PS3, ya que no hay nuevos DLC o actualizaciones. Otra cosa que tampoco me gusta es la necesidad de estar conectado OBLIGATORIAMENTE para poder jugar al modo historia (Offline)Este juego me ha proporcionado muchas horas de diversion, con una buena campaña, excelente servicio Online y unos DLCs bastante completos. Lo maloha sido la actual dejadez de esta version (Xbox360) junto con la de PS3, ya que no hay nuevos DLC o actualizaciones. Otra cosa que tampoco me gusta es la necesidad de estar conectado OBLIGATORIAMENTE para poder jugar al modo historia (Offline) por el tema del SocialClub. Aun así es un gran juego que sigue mereciendo la pena jugar. Expand
  15. May 2, 2016
    10
    This is one of the best game on Xbox 360 . Poor 9/10 . Normal graphics for 2013 and interesting storyline , funny gameplay . 3 main characters . Michael , Trevor and Franklin . At the beginning this game hasnt got open world , but later this game has got very very good and funny open world . This game has got beach , amusement park , strip club and other . This game much better than GrandThis is one of the best game on Xbox 360 . Poor 9/10 . Normal graphics for 2013 and interesting storyline , funny gameplay . 3 main characters . Michael , Trevor and Franklin . At the beginning this game hasnt got open world , but later this game has got very very good and funny open world . This game has got beach , amusement park , strip club and other . This game much better than Grand Theft Auto 4 and Grand Theft Auto 4 Liberty of Gay Tony . Poor 9/10 . Expand
  16. Apr 14, 2016
    10
    a great game.
    of all GTA that left an parese me one of the best so far.
    It is extremely amazing
    thank you very much to rock star
    and I hope very ilucion the proccimo game GTA
  17. Apr 12, 2016
    8
    I am not a open world RPG fan.

    But GTAV is really outstanding is this kind of games and worth playing and enjoying the story.

    The graph is the best on XBOX360 and the story is crazy and excellent.

    The bad side is, I always feel that R-Star's gameplay mechanic is kind of hollow. This game is for enjoying the world rather than the gameplay.
  18. Apr 12, 2016
    10
    GTA V llamo mi atencion desde que lo anunciaron, compre el juego una semana despues de su lanzamiento y lo primero que me impacto fueron sus graficas, son muy muy buenas. La historia no terminaba de convencerme pero conforme avance me gusto mas y mas, el hecho de tener 3 personajes alternando su historia es un detalle sensacional, cada uno tiene su personalidad y se impone. Todo me gustoGTA V llamo mi atencion desde que lo anunciaron, compre el juego una semana despues de su lanzamiento y lo primero que me impacto fueron sus graficas, son muy muy buenas. La historia no terminaba de convencerme pero conforme avance me gusto mas y mas, el hecho de tener 3 personajes alternando su historia es un detalle sensacional, cada uno tiene su personalidad y se impone. Todo me gusto en el juego, la jugabilidad a pie, en auto, en avion, nadando, etc. Son horas y horas de juego y no para la accion, si te aburre la trama simplemente tomas un auto y te vas a cazar siervos, a asaltar, a invertir en la bolsa, puedes hacer casi de todo. El online tiene sus problemas y desespera tanto hacker pero es muy bueno. Tenia buenas expectativas del juego y GTA V fue muy superior a lo que esperaba, tanto que lo volvi a comprar en ps4. Totalmente recomendado. El unico punto malo son los niños que se meten a jugarlo; ¿cuando empezaran los niños y sus padres a respetar las clasificaciones? Expand
  19. Mar 10, 2016
    9
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE this game but it does have its issues like any game. Firstly, on the 360 or PS3 it looks pretty janky. Secondly, the online mode sucks balls, it's always down and when it isn't there is some stupid kid running everybody over and using hacks even on the 360. But the story is very good and the gameplay is immaculate in singleplayer.
  20. Mar 4, 2016
    6
    Been there, done that. Nothing new here.
    Another round of gta with all its mediocrity and repeat quests, dialogue and mindless activities.
    A big improvement on the abomination known as gta4, but, still the same ole stuff. As well, same ole problems and poor gameplay mechanics. Same ole empty world. Another game with a few gameplay additions that make me shrug my shoulders and the
    Been there, done that. Nothing new here.
    Another round of gta with all its mediocrity and repeat quests, dialogue and mindless activities.
    A big improvement on the abomination known as gta4, but, still the same ole stuff.
    As well, same ole problems and poor gameplay mechanics.
    Same ole empty world.
    Another game with a few gameplay additions that make me shrug my shoulders and the sheeple flock.
    Expand
  21. Jan 31, 2016
    10
    Esto es un 10 señores, dejaros de Lol y mierdas, esto es inmersión, es la definición de videojuego. Divertido, puedes hacer miles de cosas que no puedes en la vida real, gráficos increíbles, contenido online gratuito, cientos de modos tanto competitivos, como cooperativos, como hazloquetesalgativos. ES EL COPÓN 36277632826783278478344378/10.
  22. Jan 24, 2016
    10
    Quite obviously the best video game ever created by a fairly large margin. If you disagree you're just plain wrong. Even if it's not exactly for you the combination of expansiveness, story, completeness, polish, smoothness, features, detail, content, etc. Will likely never be seen again, ever. GTA V is going to be king of the mountain for a very long forseeable future. GTA V puts ALL otherQuite obviously the best video game ever created by a fairly large margin. If you disagree you're just plain wrong. Even if it's not exactly for you the combination of expansiveness, story, completeness, polish, smoothness, features, detail, content, etc. Will likely never be seen again, ever. GTA V is going to be king of the mountain for a very long forseeable future. GTA V puts ALL other games to shame. The bar has been set. Expand
  23. Dec 21, 2015
    7
    While I'm not a huge fan of the GTA games. I enjoyed this, I have gone back and revisited it from time to time just a to go through and indulge in mass murder.
  24. Nov 28, 2015
    8
    Story is crap. But that's not why we play this game, is it?? The lampooning of action crime anti-hero movies is great. Franklin at least was grounded. lol Controls, mechanics, graphics - all nicely done! PRetty much every character was a simple caricature, but I think that's the style the writers are going for: stereotypes are ridiculous, and anybody who plays into them without reallyStory is crap. But that's not why we play this game, is it?? The lampooning of action crime anti-hero movies is great. Franklin at least was grounded. lol Controls, mechanics, graphics - all nicely done! PRetty much every character was a simple caricature, but I think that's the style the writers are going for: stereotypes are ridiculous, and anybody who plays into them without really looking closely at themselves is a literal joke! Expand
  25. Nov 19, 2015
    8
    Call me a hater, but GTA V... it just dosent make me feel the same as with GTA IV. GTA Vs campaign is off the charts awesome, GTA Online is so awesome, that it could be its own independent game and I would give it a 10/10. Rockstart social club is a good feature in this game. The graphics and environment? Beatifull. Well, if I think this game is so awesome, why am I giving it a worse scoreCall me a hater, but GTA V... it just dosent make me feel the same as with GTA IV. GTA Vs campaign is off the charts awesome, GTA Online is so awesome, that it could be its own independent game and I would give it a 10/10. Rockstart social club is a good feature in this game. The graphics and environment? Beatifull. Well, if I think this game is so awesome, why am I giving it a worse score than GTA IV? It just dosent feel the same as GTA IV. The friends in GTA V are useless, the sidemissions non engaging, the app to download to my real life tablet to train Chop dosent work and the loading screen before getting to play the game is painfully long. Also, theres a loading screen everytime I switch between a character or when I do anything in GTA Online. But is it worth buying? Yes, if you have the patience to wait for the loading screens. Expand
  26. Nov 13, 2015
    10
    The best game of the entire series! The plot - perfect! Four times the game went and each time by 100% and I'm ready to pass it again 5! Cool characters! P * - You are the best!
  27. Nov 6, 2015
    10
    Grand Theft Auto is one of those franchises that has been at the forefront of the video game industry for decades. A GTA release is kind of like an American presidential election: the hype begins WELL before the actual event. The thing that separates GTA from other prominent game franchises is that it delivers on the hype, and GTA V delivered in spades.

    The setting of Los Santos is
    Grand Theft Auto is one of those franchises that has been at the forefront of the video game industry for decades. A GTA release is kind of like an American presidential election: the hype begins WELL before the actual event. The thing that separates GTA from other prominent game franchises is that it delivers on the hype, and GTA V delivered in spades.

    The setting of Los Santos is amazing. Rockstar and Bethesda are the two game companies in business today that clearly love the worlds they create. You can tell from their attention to detail. Go into a random back alley in the city, or drive to the end of a dirt road in the countryside, and there will be something there that is interesting, or funny, or dangerous. Los Angeles provides the perfect setting for a GTA game. It's many unique and paradoxical qualities provide bountiful opportunities for Rockstar to show off their sarcastic sense of humor.

    The inclusion of three playable protagonists was a wonderful addition as well. Carl "CJ" Johnson will probably always be the best protagonist of the series, but the three GTA V protagonists are interesting enough to keep your attention, and the fact that you can switch between them at almost any time means that if you ever do get bored with one or the other, you can switch to another and see what they've gotten themselves up to.

    Mission structure and design is the best it's been in the series. 'Four Leaf Clover' in GTA IV remains the best single mission in the franchise's history, but the overall quality of all missions is significantly higher in V than in any other entry. Heists provide great peaks in the chronology, as they seem to happen just when the story might be getting a little stale.

    The biggest criticism GTA V received when it released was that, due to GTA Online not being ready at launch, people were buying an incomplete game. This is simply not true. GTA Online was not available at launch, true enough, but there was no charge for it when it was released about a month after the game released, so you BOUGHT the whole game in September, you just had to wait a month to access the online portion of it. I certainly was happy that I could access the single player portion of the game in September, and not have to wait the additional month to get the whole package together. There was more than enough content in single player to keep any fair gamer occupied for a month. And, as it happened, the release of GTA Online was rocky, to say the least, so they probably should have released it even later and worked out more kinks.

    When viewed as the sum of its parts, Grand Theft Auto V certainly is in the running for Greatest Game of the last console generation.
    Expand
  28. Oct 30, 2015
    9
    An absolute beast of a game the online part has to be one of the best iv ever seen loved the tree way veiwpoint in the sigle part as well, this is what saints row 3 & 4 should have been nuff said.
  29. Oct 25, 2015
    10
    Looks like many people are calling this game overrated. I don't quite agree. In my opinion, this game is the best entry in the entire series. I've played 3, Vice City, San Andreas, and 4. I enjoyed every single one of them, but this game took their ideas and perfected them. In terms of execution, it is flawless. The controls are very fluid and intuitive, especially compared to the olderLooks like many people are calling this game overrated. I don't quite agree. In my opinion, this game is the best entry in the entire series. I've played 3, Vice City, San Andreas, and 4. I enjoyed every single one of them, but this game took their ideas and perfected them. In terms of execution, it is flawless. The controls are very fluid and intuitive, especially compared to the older iterations. Graphics are as good as you can expect for an open-world game with a city as huge as Los Santos. There is SO much to explore that it can be overwhelming. The driving physics aren't 100% realistic, but still realistic enough to allow for suspension of disbelief.

    The missions are so awesome and well-scripted that I wanted to play some of them several times. The characters are enjoyable. The story itself itself is mediocre, but the action is so awesome that you don't really care about the story. The voice-acting is very good for a video game, which contributes to the suspension of disbelief.

    Seriously, it's very hard to beat this game. It's perfect in just about every single way. My only complaint with the game is a very subjective one, and that is the soundtrack. I found the soundtrack of GTA5 to be overall inferior to that of Vice City and San Andreas, but again, that is a very subjective matter.

    This was the best game of 2013, and maybe even the best game of the decade thus far, even as I write this now in 2015. Overrated? I think not. It deserves a lot of recognition.
    Expand
  30. Oct 20, 2015
    9
    Good game but extremely overrated. I felt like this was a great way to end the last generation by fully taking advantage of the 360s hardware capabilities. Online races and stuff are pointless with some really dumb achievements that are not possible to get because not enough people do the activities.
Metascore
97

Universal acclaim - based on 58 Critics

Critic score distribution:
  1. Positive: 57 out of 58
  2. Negative: 0 out of 58
  1. Dec 12, 2013
    80
    Grand Theft Auto V offers one of the best sandbox experiences ever, filled to the brink with stuff to do. The vistas are magnificent and amazing stuff just seems to happen wherever you go. But at the same time the story is tired and the characters unoriginal. Your appreciation of Grand Theft Auto V will depend of what you want out of the series. The freedom and joy of discovery is hard to beat but the rest still has some ways left to go.
  2. Nov 6, 2013
    96
    GTA V continues the game series' tradition of raising the bar for open world action games.
  3. Nov 5, 2013
    95
    Tons of gameplay hours, plenty of missions and activities with an awesome collection of vehicles of various modes of transportation and a large array of firearms put the grandeur once again into Grand Theft Auto.