8.1

1. Apr 28, 2015
    The story was great, enjoyed that. Everyone complains about that, and not the gameplay. GTA for me is a way to escape reality, enjoy the chaos and mayhem part, fighting it out with the police, and other general fun stuff. But did this installment offer that? To me it took away the fun I had of playing past entries in that regard, and that is what made me sour for the game. I actually getThe story was great, enjoyed that. Everyone complains about that, and not the gameplay. GTA for me is a way to escape reality, enjoy the chaos and mayhem part, fighting it out with the police, and other general fun stuff. But did this installment offer that? To me it took away the fun I had of playing past entries in that regard, and that is what made me sour for the game. I actually get punished for going on a high speed police chase, by overpowered and over realistic AI. The game goes from being a game, to a life simulator, where you are forced to follow the rules and if you break them, you have to deal with insanely fast police cars, helicopters, and police who can shoot you from around corners and have x-ray vision. GTA 4 had the perfect police system in my opinion, it could have been tweaked a bit, but they had it perfect.

Exploration was great, up until being mauled by mountain lions every time I set foot in the country side. I don't mind the thrill of wild beasts, but I think there was just too much of that. Sharks in the game were in limited quantities and restricted to certain areas, why not the same for mountain lions?
  2. Apr 23, 2015
    This is a great game, but I have a few gripes. One is that sometimes when you switch characters, their clothes change. That makes it pretty hard to keep track of the character's clothing. Another is that getting the cars that you want to spawn to spawn is really hard and different from the earlier game. It's almost like the game knows what cars you want to spawn and it doesn't spawn them.This is a great game, but I have a few gripes. One is that sometimes when you switch characters, their clothes change. That makes it pretty hard to keep track of the character's clothing. Another is that getting the cars that you want to spawn to spawn is really hard and different from the earlier game. It's almost like the game knows what cars you want to spawn and it doesn't spawn them. The worst gripe of all is that you need to link your game to a Rockstar Games Social Club account to even SAVE pictures. That should just be for sharing them. The PS2 with San Andreas could take them without linking anything. If you don't have gold, you can't even take pictures. Expand
  3. Apr 16, 2015
    Best open world game on x360. Its only rival is San Andreas.
    It definitely was game of the year for me.
    And it well deserves 10/10 score. I cant understand how somebody can say this game is bad because You can go to strip club and comment, that he'll get flame from 10 year olds - they shouldnt play this game it has 18 rating. This game for me is just like Quentin Tarantino movies -
    Best open world game on x360. Its only rival is San Andreas.
    It definitely was game of the year for me.
    And it well deserves 10/10 score.
    This game for me is just like Quentin Tarantino movies - something like and as good as Pulp fiction.
  4. Apr 6, 2015
    Very dumbed down car handling. It is pathetic and I bet that was made for all that casual players that dont know nothing about real world physics etc. So that kids can have fun in stupid games but when they grow up they are making car accidents because they have no idea about real car handling. Pathetic game because of what they did to car physics. And that funny ability to rock car backVery dumbed down car handling. It is pathetic and I bet that was made for all that casual players that dont know nothing about real world physics etc. So that kids can have fun in stupid games but when they grow up they are making car accidents because they have no idea about real car handling. Pathetic game because of what they did to car physics. And that funny ability to rock car back on wheels hahaha another feature for dumb kids. GTA is so childish that it hurts. I will not buy that game. I only hope that good moders will fix that pathetic childish car handling on PC version. Also add speedometer, fuel usage and stuff that will make this game more real so it will not look so much dumbed down.

In terms of weapons they made better work compared to GTA4 but they still are away from real counterparts. For example shotguns can be reloaded with one single shell WTF rockstar you imbeciles!

All this inconsistency and dumbing down is degraded my score like crazy even if there is lots of cool things in this game then it is obliterated by those imbecile designs that I mentioned above.
  5. Mar 28, 2015
    This game is just awesome! one of the best Grand theft auto game out there, Top three in many peoples opinion. This game has the most beautiful graphics I have ever seen on the Xbox360. The story isn't the best it has been for a Rockstar game, not as good as Red dead redemption, but this game has improved in everything you can think of in their other games. The combat as improved vastly,This game is just awesome! one of the best Grand theft auto game out there, Top three in many peoples opinion. This game has the most beautiful graphics I have ever seen on the Xbox360. The story isn't the best it has been for a Rockstar game, not as good as Red dead redemption, but this game has improved in everything you can think of in their other games. The combat as improved vastly, you can take out targets more swiftly and accurately if your in a firefight, even more than Red dead redemption. The driving feels much smoother than other Grand theft auto games, there is a much bigger open world than previous Grand theft auto games, there is better graphics than other Grand theft auto games and there is more things to do than other Grand theft auto games. Expand
  6. Mar 18, 2015
    The world of Grand Theft Auto V is a masterpiece and has set a very high level for sandbox game.and i think Grand Theft Auto V One of the best games. The massive scale of the world along with the story make for a ridiculous amount of things to do

and the online is awesome
  7. Mar 12, 2015
    Great fun with friends in it's Multi-player component and the campaign was very entertaining. I'll shorten this as much as I can:

Pro's: - The multiplayer is great fun. It has progression in your character whilst not forcing anything upon you, if you still want to have casual fun, do so. - The campaign has an interesting story and the introduction of three characters to be changed

Pro's:

- The campaign has an interesting story and the introduction of three characters to be changed to on the fly makes for interesting gameplay. You can go on a rampage with one guy and then proceed to instantly switch to the other who is playing tennis.
    - Rockstar have repeatedly supported the game, especially now that heists are out. However, on the topic of heists...

Con's:

- Whilst I can't complain about them being out, I can complain about how they were promised at release and yet we only recieved them literally more than a year since it's release. We shouldn't of had to wait so long.
    - The Online component should have more freedom in terms of the free mode. GTA IV had options in private games to turn off the police and such, these are options that should have been introduced for private games in GTA V. It's rather annoying when me and my friends are simply having fun doing one thing, and then have the rather too effective police ruin it.
    - Most enemies, which includes the vicious police, have ridiculous aim and damage. It's not fun to have some enemy blind fire an SMG out of cover with laser beam accuracy and then die. I believe the AI ferocity in GTA IV was the right amount.

Even though I listed more con's than pro's here, I really do recommend this game.
  8. Feb 27, 2015
    Graphics are at the maximum! As more mission - tuning cars, Bank robbery, and much more! I think this game was worth every dollar of the 250 000 000 dollars. I have no words. Score - 10
  9. Feb 21, 2015
    Seriously this game and it's online community is going downhill by patch by patch.Very buggy and bad driving physics. Rockstar removed great features that were present in Gta 4.The cops are op in this game.For example i killed someone no one saw me but as i was going to leave i got a one star level and decided to run.The cop Al might be fixed on next gen.
  10. Feb 21, 2015
    Sincerely, GTA V is fun only during missions. The open world is going to getting boring until the end of the main story and secondary missions. There is not so much destruction that you can cause that saves the game from boredom even with tennis, golf and diving. And the smart police? Even if there are no witnesses, they appears anywhere ruining the fun. One day when we can get inSincerely, GTA V is fun only during missions. The open world is going to getting boring until the end of the main story and secondary missions. There is not so much destruction that you can cause that saves the game from boredom even with tennis, golf and diving. And the smart police? Even if there are no witnesses, they appears anywhere ruining the fun. One day when we can get in anywhere, cause destruction and escape before someone call the police, GTA will be amazing. Expand
  11. Feb 20, 2015
    My most anticipated game from recent years, and OH BOY! it delivered!

Graphics, Story, Map, Setting, Good characters, The wildlife, The guns, The sex jokes, Amazing heist missions, Good multiplayer and Overall A masterpiece of an open world game, My personal best game of 2013, 2014 and now 2015 with the upcoming pc release.
  12. Feb 6, 2015
    Let me get this across, I’ve been playing Grand Theft Auto since 3 first came out and it wasn’t until San Andreas, which from reading other reviews is a fan favorite, that these games really made an impact to me. With San Andreas open world sandbox games were really given a true flagship of which to stand behind with the amount of available different things to do. Grand Theft Auto IV had aLet me get this across, I’ve been playing Grand Theft Auto since 3 first came out and it wasn’t until San Andreas, which from reading other reviews is a fan favorite, that these games really made an impact to me. With San Andreas open world sandbox games were really given a true flagship of which to stand behind with the amount of available different things to do. Grand Theft Auto IV had a great story but I felt it lacked in this department since it was going for a much grittier and gloomy look. GTA V has brought the open world back and with it the replay value of this game. Hours alone can be spent in single player combing the world for elusive side mission items or completing side missions. The main story mode took myself about 35 hours to complete just the main missions. Expand
  13. Jan 26, 2015
    I don't get why everybody's praising this game, it has a terrible story, horribly unlikable characters and repetitive gameplay. It's not God awful since it has great gameplay and amazing graphics, but the overall experience could have been better.
  14. Jan 26, 2015
    Grand Theft Auto V-a detailed review

Plot Summary: GTA V is about a retired bank robber (Michael De Santa),a psychotic drug addict,and a small time gangster,as they take on the most dangerous heists and powerful people in the city of Los Santos. Its a third person shooter set in the state of Los Santos where anything can happen.The city is big and fun with lots to do and much to
    Grand Theft Auto V-a detailed review

Its a third person shooter set in the state of Los Santos where anything can happen.The city is big and fun with lots to do and much to destroy.You can steal cars,you can rob a store,you can customize your car,go on a rampage.There are endless opportunities in Los Santos the city is yours.With three awesome protagonists and a huge city with hours worth of fun,what more could you ask for?

Gameplay wise the game is great,the controls are great,its really easy to get used too.There are many guns and with regular updates more guns are getting added more and more so you can cause more mayhem.There are also melee weapons from baseball bats to crowbars to hammers you can hack anything to death.

In the city of Los Santos there are hundreds are cars to choose from.But no just cars,there are planes,trucks,helicopters,boats,submarines,tanks,motorbikes,the lot.With all these these vehicles to choose from you can explore a lot whether your underwater or in the air there are lots are mysteries and fun stuff to find.

Overall GTA V is a beast of a game that I would award 10/10 for such an excellent experience thank you rockstar!
  15. Jan 11, 2015
    What an amazing game! GTA V took all of the best aspects of previous games, and brought them together in a tightly bunched package. The ONLY real complaint I have, is that helicopter piloting continues to be the worst vehicle control I have ever experienced... in any game... ever. However, that has become such an identifying factor of GTA, that they day they make helicopters fly smoothlyWhat an amazing game! GTA V took all of the best aspects of previous games, and brought them together in a tightly bunched package. The ONLY real complaint I have, is that helicopter piloting continues to be the worst vehicle control I have ever experienced... in any game... ever. However, that has become such an identifying factor of GTA, that they day they make helicopters fly smoothly will be long after I'm dead and gone. Brilliant, creative, and wholly entertaining game. I can't wait for the next one! Expand
  16. Jan 11, 2015
    It feels good to be back in Los Santos after nearly a decade of GTA San Andreas being out. The graphics are amazing! And the idea of having 3 playable-characters is brilliant too. Did anyone else visit Grove Street for the nostalgia, because I sure did. The map is huge and there are so many places to go and see. There are also many amusing Easter eggs. But the best thing about GTA SanIt feels good to be back in Los Santos after nearly a decade of GTA San Andreas being out. The graphics are amazing! And the idea of having 3 playable-characters is brilliant too. Did anyone else visit Grove Street for the nostalgia, because I sure did. The map is huge and there are so many places to go and see. There are also many amusing Easter eggs. But the best thing about GTA San Andreas is now back in GTA V. Customization! In GTA IV there was no customization. We couldn't change our hairstyle, get ridiculous tattoos or pimp our cars. But this is all back in GTA V
    At the start there had been some problems with GTA Online but after it started working it was fun to go on police chases with your friends and rob liquor stores. Now that heists are soon coming to GTA Online i'd better get my crew together
  17. Dec 28, 2014
    this game deserves to be above Gta 4! GTA 5 brings all what other titles have brought into the industry under one title and have redefined it even more. the gameplay is smooth and the graphics are amazing and realistic, every bit of it truly is ! I have been waiting for this type of game for years and i am absolutely rapt that i pre-ordered it as soon it was available ! Rockstar has addedthis game deserves to be above Gta 4! GTA 5 brings all what other titles have brought into the industry under one title and have redefined it even more. the gameplay is smooth and the graphics are amazing and realistic, every bit of it truly is ! I have been waiting for this type of game for years and i am absolutely rapt that i pre-ordered it as soon it was available ! Rockstar has added every tiny things to the game to make it more interesting and fascinating. The map is huge and it never gets boring as there is so much to explore in the city of Los Santos and Blaine County and even the wildlife has added the boost to the comforting gameplay. The characters are well chosen even their voice actors and the introduction of each of them is unique. the level of detail is astounding and mindblowing. this will probably be the best game ever for years to come by and the only game that could probably overtake this would be another product of rockstar games. This definitely deserves the game of the year title (2013-14) Expand
  18. Dec 28, 2014
    To this day, I never see the hype of this game. Its a mediocre third person shooter with some ugly visuals and a pretty bad story. Ok, i'll admit, there are some cool missions. And some cool things to do. But really, the % of good to bad is maybe 20-80. Great-You can play golf and tennis. Who cares?The game goes for quantity of Quality and the result is mediocre.
    InB4AngryFanboys
  19. Dec 26, 2014
    this game is one of the best ever created, graphics incredible both in the older generation, is twice the next generation, very good story that fits perfectly in the game, the only defect is the missions that are very easy, is few missions, being possible to complete the game in a day or hours, the online mode is perfect and copetivivo, it is possible you their apartments, cars etc ...this game is one of the best ever created, graphics incredible both in the older generation, is twice the next generation, very good story that fits perfectly in the game, the only defect is the missions that are very easy, is few missions, being possible to complete the game in a day or hours, the online mode is perfect and copetivivo, it is possible you their apartments, cars etc ... perfect game !! Rockstar did not disappoint on any of their games, all free DLCs. Expand
  20. Dec 19, 2014
    After beating vice city, San Andreas, gta III and gta IV, I had one last game to get through: gta V. Does it live up to the high standards of the series? Let's find out. The story doesn't even start in Los santos, some criminal named Michael, Trevor, and brad are robbing a bank in a snowy town called north Yankton in the year 2004. Micheal and Trevor barely make it out and the game fastAfter beating vice city, San Andreas, gta III and gta IV, I had one last game to get through: gta V. Does it live up to the high standards of the series? Let's find out. The story doesn't even start in Los santos, some criminal named Michael, Trevor, and brad are robbing a bank in a snowy town called north Yankton in the year 2004. Micheal and Trevor barely make it out and the game fast forwards to 2013 in Los santos, gta's version of Los Angeles. Micheal is now rich and miserable. He's retired from crime and lives in a mansion with his annoying family. His wife is getting lessons from a tennis coach on how to play tennis (or is she?) his daughter is hanging out with snobby celebrities and trying to get on tv , and his son sits in his room all day playing righteous slaughter 7 (an exaggerated call of duty spoof). He comes across a street hustler named franklin and them along with some other people go on a jewelry store heist to pay off a debt. Trevor finds out about the heist and comes down to see Michael again and now the three characters are a criminal trio. They get involved with other gangs and corrupt government agencies and must go on a series of epic and daring heists to pay off debts and become the cities kingpin criminals. There are some cool twists along the way, and the characters are all cool in their own way. Micheal is like able and interesting, Trevor is interesting but not likeable, and Franklin is likeable but not interesting. But all three endings aren't satisfying and feel rushed. The story missions are pretty fun most of the time l, but can dip down in quality at times. You can go from robbing banks and hijacking cargo planes, to doing yoga and operating a crane. Missions like that where bring as hell and felt like gimmicky filler to some otherwise brilliantly made missions. I also that you get to be the boss during the heists. You choose who to hire, the better they are the more money you have to give them, whether you go in stealthy or loud, what's your getaway vehicle, etc. the heists are the funniest missions and make you feel like a true crime boss. This being gta, there is an absolutely **** ginormous open world map to explore, and this time the whole map is unlocked right away without having to do story missions to unlock new areas. There's a ton of vehicles, such as request cars, jeeps, motorcycles, four wheelers, tanks, boats, stunt planes, fighter jets, gigantic cargo planes, helicopters, and so much more there is also more guns than before. This game uses the red dead redemption weapons wheel, which slows time when you switch weapons and lets you carry every weapon in the game at one time. Another improvement carried over from red dead redemption is mid mission checkpoints, so no more starting a mission all over again from the beginning. The map itself is huge and varied, Los santos is on the southern end and has houses, an airport, skyscrapers, etc. The rest of the map is desert countryside and mountains, and the entire map is full of detail and it's worth exploring to see all the cool things it has to offer. You can switch between the three characters at any time, and they all have special abilities, certain side missions, and businesses to buy. There is a TON of stuff to do. You can do triathlons, atv races, shooting galleries, parachuting, tennis, see a movie, or of course piss off the cops and destroy the entire place with a minigun. Everything is well done, so it has both quality and quantity. If you like tennis then you'll like tennis here, but if you don't like tennis then you won't like it here. The graphics on this game will make your xbox glow red and puff steam, they are just that good. Fly a helicopter as high as you can and then get a good look at the world around you and you'll see what I mean. The sound design is rather average, the radio stations are good but not as memorable as previous games. Although the voice acting is incredible, everyone is very convincing in their performance. So yes, it definitely lives up to the high standards of the series. It's better than III and IV, but not as good as vice city and San Andreas. It has just enough new things to keep it fresh, but at its core it's the same gta everyone loves. If you haven't played any gta games yet, than this is a good place to start since it's much more reliable and approachable than previous games. Expand
  21. Dec 11, 2014
    After many committed hours to finishing the single player, 100%, I found not only had I been having fun, I had been playing one of the best games ever. The risks Rock star takes in this game are always on point, even if you feel they go too far, it still works. All the main characters are built up like a well-crafted game should build them up. Visually stunning, and just as good as itsAfter many committed hours to finishing the single player, 100%, I found not only had I been having fun, I had been playing one of the best games ever. The risks Rock star takes in this game are always on point, even if you feel they go too far, it still works. All the main characters are built up like a well-crafted game should build them up. Visually stunning, and just as good as its predecessor, if not better, Grand Theft Auto V should be on everyone 's "must play games" list. Expand
  22. Dec 11, 2014
    This game has been out for a while and I have to say, this is probably the best game ever made. A step up from GTA IV, the most impressive thing about this installment is the attention to detail. Every single interaction between the character and the open world causes a convincing reaction. The graphics are a huge step up from the previous games in the series. Aim-and-shoot mechanics areThis game has been out for a while and I have to say, this is probably the best game ever made. A step up from GTA IV, the most impressive thing about this installment is the attention to detail. Every single interaction between the character and the open world causes a convincing reaction. The graphics are a huge step up from the previous games in the series. Aim-and-shoot mechanics are decent. The story and map layout are incredible. The only poor aspect to the game is the very unreliable multiplayer mode. The launch was a disaster and even now people still have problems with connectivity, etc. I don't play multiplayer on this game though so it earned a 10. I would pay $60 for this game over any COD, GTA, Battlefield, etc. Have never played something more entertaining and technically impressive.

23. Nov 29, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is the game that goes beyond limits:
    Rockstars´ masterpiece is definitely the undisputed king of open world/sandbox gameplay. I have never experencied this kind of freedom and satisfaction in a video game before.
    Despite the big "things" like the enormously large pool of vehicles, the possibility the do whatever you want whenever you want, the small things like switching a cabrio from open to closed or changing the power of light at a car are the stuff that really differs this game from others and makes it a piece of gaming history that every fan of video games should have played.
    Thx u Rockstar for this phenominal game.
  24. Nov 28, 2014
    Having played all the 3D gta games on console i was really looking forward to playing this one, a definite must have if you are a fan, well worth your money and then some, the online mode adds a whole lot of value and makes this a great stand out tite.
  25. Nov 27, 2014
    This game was obviously a better version of Grand Theft Auto IV. Therefore it is already a splendid game. I'm only rating the story not the online because they are pretty much two completely different experiences. However, for the story and game-play alone; it's a solid 9.
  26. Nov 27, 2014
    Best Game as ever realistic life at open world game . amazing

GTA V is best game at open world and not different between 7 gen and 8 gen . gamer never fell low graphic on 7 gen consoles i can say one word to this game : wonderful
  27. Nov 18, 2014
    With the release of the new gen versions out, I decided to go back to this version and see just how much has changed. It remains as the best Grand Theft Auto game in my opinion and the next gen version doesn't revolutionise the game too much.
  28. Nov 10, 2014
    In every measurable sense, this is the greatest GTA game of all time. Sure, you may prefer the 80s vibe of Vice City or the more varied landscape of San Andreas but GTA V is the first game in the series that actually has missions that are more fun than frustrating. In previous incarnations, the missions were so annoying I spent most of my time just exploring the cities rather than tryingIn every measurable sense, this is the greatest GTA game of all time. Sure, you may prefer the 80s vibe of Vice City or the more varied landscape of San Andreas but GTA V is the first game in the series that actually has missions that are more fun than frustrating. In previous incarnations, the missions were so annoying I spent most of my time just exploring the cities rather than trying to complete my objectives. GTA V not only adds a reasonable checkpoint system but also finally introduces some variety. Instead of the repetitive "drive here, drive there" missions in previous entries, GTA V actually makes you feel like you're part of a heist. Nothing goes to plan of course, but that's part of the fun of GTA! What really makes this game stand out is the online mode. Nothing is more fun than hopping in a car with your buddy and cruising around Las Santos looking to cause some mayhem. Expand
  29. Nov 10, 2014
    A game that truly pushes these consoles to their limits and packs an almighty punch. Although these may not be the nicest visuals ever, Rockstar have done what they can to squeeze every last bit of power out of the consoles to make a joyful and interesting experience. The physics and gameplay are as equally as good, with a great story to follow.
  30. Nov 9, 2014
    Great game, lots to do and very likeable characters. online is very fun party up do missions, races or deathmatches fun all around. campaign is great. open world your choice of what to do next unlike other games where its like a hallway effect where you can only go forward not left right or back. 10/10 very playable and great replayability on next gen & pc

1. Dec 12, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto V offers one of the best sandbox experiences ever, filled to the brink with stuff to do. The vistas are magnificent and amazing stuff just seems to happen wherever you go. But at the same time the story is tired and the characters unoriginal. Your appreciation of Grand Theft Auto V will depend of what you want out of the series. The freedom and joy of discovery is hard to beat but the rest still has some ways left to go.
  2. Nov 6, 2013
    GTA V continues the game series' tradition of raising the bar for open world action games.
  3. Nov 5, 2013
    Tons of gameplay hours, plenty of missions and activities with an awesome collection of vehicles of various modes of transportation and a large array of firearms put the grandeur once again into Grand Theft Auto.