8.1

1. Jan 23, 2014
    Rightly or wrongly GTA IV has come in for a fair amount of criticism over the last of couple of years. It is clear from the outset that Rockstar have looked to address the majority of the issues raised with regards to the previous entry in the series and, for the most part, they have been successful at doing so. One big change is that, with three separate characters to control, the developers have decided to take things much less seriously. Very few missions now involve simply driving to a location, shooting the bad guys, and then driving back for example. New ideas and concepts are introduced constantly throughout the game providing greater variety of missions, some of which are truly outlandish and great fun to play. The driving and shooting mechanics, which have never been the series strongest assets, have also seen a significant overhaul making for a vast improvement in the minute to minute gameplay.

If I was to nitpick I would have two small areas that I found slightly disappointing. The first is the music as, despite a selection of around 15 radio stations to choose, from I found very few songs that I wanted to listen to. I accept this will of course be down to personal preference but a bit more variety wouldn’t have gone amiss. My second criticism would be the fact that the story is completely linear. I wasn’t expecting the freedom of choice afforded by games like Mass Effect but it would have been nice to have some say in a few of the decisions being made by my characters (other than the A or B option given when tackling heists of course). In the end though these nitpicks, and the fact that its not overly different to its predecessors, can’t detract from what is certainly a top notch single player experience.

As for the online mode, well for me at least, it doesn’t really deliver on its promise. Exploring the city with friends and competing in races and deathmatches, as well as working together to tackle a number of co-op missions, provides a far more substantial experience than many games but it is often just more frustrating than fun. Setting aside the significant early problems the there are just too many issues to have to deal with. Whether it be people continually spawn killing you for no reason (safe mode doesn’t work as you can still be killed when in a vehicle or when someone runs you over), being unable to join friends missions or online hackers giving themselves millions of dollars and/or making themselves invincible I quickly found I simply couldn’t be bothered with it.

This of course doesn’t detract from the main game, and it could be a good few years until we see anything as ambitious or with such scope on the next gen consoles. Save your money and buy GTA V instead, you won’t regret it.
  2. Mar 5, 2014
    screw gta 4 this one is better . and i love it but gta 4 is 99% great i love the gta 5 the characters in gta 5 are great . and a whole new level of awsome .
  3. Oct 3, 2013
    Proxy review, Lad played it said it was like driver. In that their was more driving than shooting, he finished it in two days. He Rated it as the worst GTA ever and over hyped. Watch him play, couldn't muster the motivation to play it myself meh, Thank the stars for trade-ins.
  4. Sep 25, 2013
    GTA5 is fabulous, magical and wonderfully exciting. Surely stands as one or if not the best in the franchise that changed the world of gaming. Great game.
  5. Sep 24, 2013
    There's alot to love here and there is a reason why they are projecting for this game to actually slow the sales of the next generation of consoles for at least a year or so. GTA V is the most ambitious game ever made. The size of the city and the amount of stuff you can do is literally mind blowing. I have never had so many things to do at once in a video game. It can be a bit overwhelming once you get past the first part of the game so it's best to take it in spurts. Everything is done very well. The gameplay is basically the same as past GTA games. You do missions, steal cars, shoot people with a large assortment of guns. On top of being able to play tennis and darts and do yoga, there's so much to do here you can be entertained for weeks.

The issue I have with the game is the backseat that the story and some of the characters took. The story is one of the weakest I've seen in a GTA game. For a series that prided itself on its ability to tell a story in the past, this game really drops the ball. Beyond a vague message about American Corruption and the Greed inside us all, there's literally nothing else here beyond "find a dude, do a mission for that dude, and not get paid by that dude, leading to you eventually killing that dude." This happens more times than I can count in this game with the only goal for all the characters in the game is to make money. The characters are ok, with Trevor definitely being the star of the show. Franklin is your stereotypical gangster looking get out of the hood and Micheal is a washed up has been who doesn't know the meaning of the words "character development." Frankly I was supremely disappointed with the story aspects of this game. Nothing ever caught my interest and I felt like I have while playing past GTA clones, working through boring missions just to get to the next one. It feels like Rockstar bypassed alot of the story elements to make the game as grand and expansive as possible. While that's not too terrible of a thing to do, it really hurt its overall value to me, someone who values all those story elements more than anything else. I was bored by the story in this game. Fortunately there was other stuff to do around it.

This game will win GotY, even if I feel like Bioshock or Last of Us would be more deserving. But there's a ton of appeal here and, like the selfish, greedy Americans they make fun of in this game, everyone from the ages of 12-42 will gobble this up like food to a starving man. This game is not bad by any means but it's nowhere near as good as it might have been had they not blown pretty much the entire budget on making the world finding stuff to do in it. All I know is I had a good time with it, but will I make it my game of choice for any longer than the week it took me to play through it? No, it will not.
  6. Feb 18, 2014
    I always really disliked the GTA franchise, however, I gave GTA V a shot and I have not regretted it. With a very well executed storyline, gameplay (offline and online), and so much more, GTA V is without a doubt a pure masterpiece of a video game
  7. Feb 1, 2014
    Very disappointing. The missions are not as exciting as previous games in the series, and this was meant to be the best in the series. The graphics are good, but graphics don't make a game. The story is bad, the cutscenes are too varied in length and GTA Online is the only good bit other than the graphics. Plus the 360 version has a lot of glitches.
  8. Sep 19, 2013
    The best GTA game so far. From going underwater to starting a business to endless pedestrian killing, this game never loses fun and is a legend in sandbox gaming.
  9. Oct 2, 2013
    It's hard to write a review for a game like this. On one hand all I really need to do is. Umm... 10. Problem solved right? But.... I have to fill a word requirement. So all I have to say is: well, okay I don't know. Am I there yet? This is the greatest open world/city ever. It beats skyrim because it contains an actual CITY, not just a beautiful land. Am I there yet?
  10. Oct 20, 2013
    this is pretty much the best game I've ever played in my entire life, gta v can be better than any game in the series or any game ever released,definetely the best game on this generation.
  11. Nov 2, 2013
    [8.7] It isn't constantly exciting like Grand Theft Auto IV, but it has some amazing moments. Despite the massive amount to do in the game, and a great (yet uneasy), multiplayer, Grand Theft Auto V isn't quite what it should have been. Some major mechanics feel like they could use a complete change, or are better of staying similar to their equivalents in Grand Theft Auto IV (which had nearly perfect mechanics). Driving is incredibly restrictive, and doing stunts is nearly impossible. It's very difficult to even get your car off the ground, plus, cars control like they would in racing games, which Grand Theft Auto isn't. It's far to easy drive, and often boring. The combat system could also be more of a challenge. In GTA IV, you actually had to monitor your health, and try as hard as possible not to get shot, which added an incredible intensity to the game, which they seem to completely get rid of with the health regeneration. If you are one who needs health packs, there are plenty conveniently placed ones everywhere, whereas in GTA IV, they were placed in discrete locations. The lack of difficulty also makes GTA V seem much, much shorter than it actually is, and finishing takes much less time than finishing GTA IV did. Despite some major detrimental flaws, somehow, GTA V is still a very good game. Biking up Mount Chiliad, flying a jet through downtown Los Santos, partaking in the many activities across Los Santos, and exploring and discovering a massive world help us remember that Rockstar is focused on delivering quality, but is seems this time around they have mistaken quality for quantity. Nonetheless, Grand Theft Auto V is what it is: a good game. Expand
  12. Sep 17, 2013
    GTA V shows that Rockstar still has plenty gas left in the tank with the GTA franchise. The map is HUGE (I still wish they had Las Venturas from San Andreas. [But I digress...]), the graphics are not the best, but nonetheless they are very good, and all of the main characters (Michael, Franklin, and Trevor) are fun to play as in their own way. Michael gives you the luxury life, Franklin gives you the gangster life, and Trevor gives you the crazy life. Not to mention that the amount of activities are limitless. You will be hooked for months on end. The story absolutely beats the stories of the previous installments, including GTA IV (along with its DLCs) and San Andreas. The story is deep and extremely fun to play. Customization has been improved greatly, with customizable cars, tatoos, and players in GTA Online. Speaking of Online, this game has all of the great modes from GTA IV, along with a much deeper and fun experience in free mode.
    Overall, this game is the best GTA game ever, rockstar's best game ever, Xbox 360s best game ever, one of the best games from this generation, and even one of the best games ever made. I was proud that I had pre-ordered and purchased this game in every way possible. This is, without much doubt, the best game I have ever played...
  13. May 30, 2014
    Great, massive, overwhelming, impressive, all round game. swimming, running, driving, shooting. and everything you can wish. Gta needs no introduction, Amazing experiences worth bullet loads of cash! Rock star games has a winner right here! Bigger and better than any previous Gta. The gaming heaven. You're not playing this game for a emotional story. however a laugh, some fun and some seriously fu*ked up characters to go along with. Expand
  14. Jun 1, 2014
    A really great game. This story was fantastic and difficult to keep you playing for a long time. The characters are what made the game. Trevor is just so crazy he was so entertaining to watch and use as a playable character. The only criticism are the load times are long and the online isn't amazing, still a fantastic game. It was worth the wait.
  15. Dec 17, 2013
    VERY LINEAR missions and progression. Just a huge theme park to drive arround, it's fun, but when you're forced to torture a guy with multiple tools, I just turned off the console and never played it again.
  16. Sep 26, 2013
    I held off reviewing this game untill today because I truly wanted to experience everything the game had. I wanted to get emotionally involved with the characters, I wanted to get absorbed in the storyline, I wanted to laugh at the crazy antics, I wanted to see the vast array of missions, I wanted to see what the game as a whole had to offer. And let me tell you when I say this game is an outstanding success in every way. My personal experiences with GTA games haven't gone great, I've always felt that the majority of them were clunky pieces of design which were often over rated and irritating to play. But with GTA V, they've completely flattened out any issues with the other games I had and generally improved it in other things. We're not just talking about one of the best games ever, what we're experiencing here is one of the most amazing feats of interactive entertainment in the modern era. Nothing I've played video game wise, watched film wise or interacted with entertainment wise, has had me more involved or entertained then what this game did. Of course there are times where it's a bit crazy and it pushed the boat a bit far, but this game ISN'T designed for kids it really is that simple. A fantastic bow out for this generation of consoles. 10/10 for me. Expand
  17. Oct 20, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Concept: Create a very well-rounded Grand Theft Auto sequel, using elements and past experience gained from the production and development of nearly every other Rockstar game and franchise.

Graphics: Breathtakingly beautiful.

Sound: While you'll no doubt hear the radio stations the most in terms of sound bytes, the voice work is pretty good, and the actual musical scores are appropriately placed as well.

Playability: Quite playable, and quite enjoyable in all portions of gameplay. Easy to handle, fluid, and responsive at the same time. A perfect medley of combat and other action maneuvers.

Entertainment: With literally over one hundred hours of time to be spent doing everything from motorcross to tennis, you need to get out there and see the world instead of asking questions about it. There are very few limitations.

Replay Value: Sky-High.

Overall Score: 9.5
  18. Jul 14, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V is a very wise game and probably the best of its franchise, the character switch is very smart, this game reminded me a lot of a 1995 heist film called Heat starring Robert De Niro and Al Pacino
  19. Apr 4, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V, along with Grand Theft Auto Online, is a great package. The single player is engrossing and epic. The multiplayer will keep you busy for hours. The attention to detail is unbelievable. All must play this game.
  20. Sep 17, 2013
    This is the game of the decade, and I mean it! There is nothing that is not perfect in this game! Maybe the storyline if you're not familiar with the goofy nature of the series, but I'm making this review for Open-world fans. This game is perfect. Perfect. I have been trying so hard to find something to criticise but I just can't. GTA V is the game you have been waiting for, everyone! Go and buy it if you haven't already.

P.S: It's pathetic to rate a game 0 just because it's available on your gameing platform.
  21. Oct 6, 2013
    This was an amazing game, I loved almost everything about it.though the glitches where hilarious as heck,like shark swimming on the beach.

Rating's

Graphics *****
    Gameplay *****
    Sound *****
    Lasting appeal *****

[Flawless you ask I think not]

This game could hit game of the month,but watch dogs still looks like a great challenge.
  22. Sep 17, 2013
    Serious butthurt from some PC fanboys here. Why? I'm mainly a PC gamer, but I do have a console and well, I bought this game. It's perfect. It might not be if you care too much about graphics, but I personally don't, and they're amazing for a game this big running on a 7 years old hardware anyway. This game is massive, ambitious, beautiful, funny. Everything. This game is almost perfect. Buy it ASAP! Expand
  23. Apr 15, 2014
    YAHSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS WERK IT **** YOU FABULOUS WHORE. I **** LOVE THIS GAME ITS SO MUCH FUN TO RUN OVER WHORES ALL DAY. It's a fun game. You should play it.
  24. Oct 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. GTA 5 is not perfect for sure, but I never played any games greater than it, so here goes the 10 score. None of the 0 or 1 scores/reviews makes sense to me, this game is a masterpiece no matter how you look at it. I have so high expectation in this game before release, and normally when you expected too much you will get disappointed; however, the quality of this game is beyond my imagination and I am happy with it. I am not a fanboy, there are tons of things I think can be improved in this game, but you have to admit that what Rockstar have achieved here is a technique magic.
    The other day I watched a review video, two guys in the video complained about implementing Tennis/Golf mini games in GTA 5, said no one cares about them and they just wanted to do more illegal things. Seems like it is impossible to make a change and satisfy everyone now days.
  25. Oct 18, 2013
    an amazing sandbox
    but its has a lot of recycle elements of rockstar games
    its too realistic but who cares?
    its better than grand theft auto iv but its not as good
    as san andreas or vice city
    rockstar rules!!!
  26. Sep 22, 2013
    God please forgive who didn't give a 10, they only wanted to get attention, one of the greatest games ever made and there's people giving a 0, what's wrong, wtf?
  27. Rem
    Sep 21, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto 5 touts itself as one of the most expansive, diverse, and entertaining game. And that is true to a degree. The switching between the three main characters keeps the game from becoming mute, but because of this you cannot really connect with any of the three characters, I mean you could hardly even connect with three killers anyway. What Grand Theft Auto 5 supremely outdoes over GTA 4 is the variety of mission. No longer are you just an errand boy, but a heist master running the strings with a multitude of missions. Though I have to say that the three main characters are less compelling than Niko Bellic. Even the secondary activities have received an upgrade in terms of enjoyment. Also the little tweaks keep annoying bits like calling and restarting missions to a minimum so in the end, you get a package that will allow you to get lost in the world of Los Santos. Expand
  28. Sep 20, 2013
    Now on about the 40th main story mission (stolen the last of 5 cars for a dude) plus done a lot of the "freaks" and other content. After buying 4 back in 2008, and giving up on it inside 90 minutes (I still think it's rubbish I have no sympathy for Niko and hated playing as him. In fact I would love to have played someone to shoot him in the face and end the game then and there when you really despise the character you're playing it's hard to play at all) this game is a complete turn around. Some of the missions are just unbelievable, the size and scope is amazing. Yeah the AI for something this size isn't perfect everywhere, but the gameplay mechanics are fabulous. I'm a PC games, and this is only the second action game I've ever bothered with on console (I much prefer mouse and keyboard most of the time) this is up there is not better than Red Dead (which is the other game I played). The story is hilarious mostly a couple of nasty bits, but mostly really funny. You get to like even the psychotic characters a little.
    Remember this is the "taster" the single player game is the entree to what's coming in a few days. People talk about the game that will topple Warcraft as an MMO? This is it.
    No bull when GTA Online comes out based on this play set this theme park... and with all the other items that are going live and planned over the next 12 months for Online this is the game that will finally challenge WoW for online numbers. And yes expect to pay a little for it either in micro transactions or a sub (probably the former).

My only puzzle is why bring it out on 2 consoles that are going to be obsolete 8 weeks later? Really odd choice. Am I going to have to keep my 360 and PS3 out alongside my Xbox1 and PS4 just to play this game (as neither console offers backwards compatibility)

The other thing here is, AAA studios bringing out GFX candy and open world action games for the new consoles have a benchmark to beat. Hell I can see the reviews now "How come this PS4 game has worse GFX and less to do than GTA V which is a last gen game"?

Conversations like that are going to be all over the place after November 2013 for the next 12 months at least. That's how high GTA 5 sets the bar.
  29. Sep 2, 2014
    To this day, I never see the hype of this game. Its a mediocre third person shooter with some ugly visuals and a pretty bad story. Ok, i'll admit, there are some cool missions. And some cool things to do. But really, the % of good to bad is maybe 20-80. Great-You can play golf and tennis. Who cares?The game goes for quantity of Quality and the result is mediocre.
    InB4AngryFanboys
  30. Sep 17, 2013
    Is the GTA most comprehensive of all and the best yet, a video game made ​​to dismiss this generation of consoles, the best game of this generation, a masterpiece.
  31. Jan 9, 2014
    This is Rockstar doing what they do best but I feel they didn't push the boundaries as much as they have in the past. They have such a good record with innovation and fun that expectations were very high and I don't believe they were met, I mean where is the jet pack? The online service does give Rockstar the opportunity to add things and this could help the game stand the test of time and also really let the players loose with new toys, like a jet pack! Overall I believe this game misses out on a 10 because, for me, there was a real lack of colourful characters to do missions for and I don't believe the story campaign was as long as previous instalments, saying that, the improvements they have made since gta4 make the game just as fun as any other gta and is well worth owning. Expand
  32. Mar 24, 2014
    The evolution of living breathing virtual worlds is incredible. Even if you don't care about the story and all you want to do is absorb the atmosphere, drive around and go sightseeing, then still this game is worth your time. Free roaming in GTA 5 is like going on a virtual vacation.
  33. Sep 17, 2013
    Why do people like to troll the user scores of every single big game is beyond me! Why the jealousy!!? Anyway.. I'm talking as a fan so excuse me if I seem a bit biased, but believe me, this game is PERFECT! It's the best game I have played since Red Dead Redemption! GTA V is so ambitious it might frustrate you! So many things to do, a huuuuuuuuuge map, a very good and long storyline. Amazing graphics. Everything is perfect! Expand
  34. Sep 17, 2013
    I'm writing this review because I feel I have to. Everyone needs to know how fantastic and incredible this game is. The world is big and beautiful, graphics are gorgeous, characters are very likeable (especially Trevor) and the attention to detail is astounding. This is a must play and rockstar's greatest game of all time. It definitely lives up to the hype. There is just so much to say about this game but it will take forever to explain how groundbreaking it really is. If you liked 4 you will absolutely love this one. There is so much to see and do in this living world rockstar has created. Only flaws I've seen are a bit of pop in and very few glitches. It is extremely polished and was well worth the wait. It's games like these that set the bar infinitely high for open world games and proves that rockstar is the king of open world games. It's gonna be hard to beat this game out...even next gen games don't stand a chance against the masterpiece that is gta 5. Expand
  35. Sep 17, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto V is Rockstar's definitive open-world masterpiece, a magnum opus and the culmination of everything Rockstar has created to date. Almost entirely flawless, GTA V is the perfect marriage of story and unhindered freedom to explore, with the promise of hidden secrets scattered across the deserts, hills and wilderness of Blaine County. Boasting planes, trains, automobiles, helicopters, motorcycles, bicycles, parachutes, boats, submarines and a multitude of guns, Grand Theft Auto V is all things to all gamers. It's quite simply perfect in every way. Expand
  36. Jun 11, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The GTA series is the best sandbox game out there. Not only is the single mode exciting, lively, full of action, but its also GRREEAAATT. Its online is also a very good part and I think its the best section. You get to create your character buy what you want (earning your money) including cars, apartments, and even clothes! I recommending buying this game right away if you dont already have it. Expand
  37. Mar 2, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V.. Compared to IV Is easily the most overhyped game I've seen in a while. The things it does better firstly, is obviously the graphics, they are beautiful and reflective and pushes these ageing consoles to their max. But some textures on clothes were really muddy looking. And that's it... Now the things it fails on. Story: unlike able protagonists, all three of them, didn't really feel like authentic people more of a exaggeration of stereotypes. The story is the same Rockstar trend. Work for someone, get betrayed, get revenge. So it feels uninspired.

Gameplay: what has changed? It's still your third person cover shooter, requires no skill what's so ever all you have to do is run to a good cover spot, peek out, and do a head shot. Wow, and what's the point of all these weapons? It's easy as **** anyways. Not like there is different styles to play through with.
    "Silencers" rigggght about that, well that never worked.
    I like the driving, but wish they improved the crash physics, this isn't NFS I want, it would be far more immersive if they had the sense of urgency to not crash in high speed chases, but hey if your going 200 mph and hit another car? Just a scratch, cars most have one strong body shell huh.

Content: well yes it has a fair bit of hours packed into this game, but it's unrewarding, seriously I'm gonna collect all this for TEN DOLLARS?? Lol, that was a waste of time, a lot of the side missions are collectibles, like it's not really my favourite thing in the first place, but al least far cry 3 gave you XP, this is they give you money. The economy in this games is pointless, buy all these landmarks and do Repititive missions for and not be able to go into the club you own?

To keep it shorter, I'm a single player gamer and this is the most uninspired, waste of time. If you want an amazing single player game? This is not it.
  38. Dec 10, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. So this game is basically destroying the game awards season. I have to say it is a really good game, but when I see al the 10s the game has, I have a bit of a sour taste in the mouth. GTA V is the biggest game of 2013, maybe of this generation. The ambitious scope and grandeur of the world of Los Santos created in this game cannot be compared to any other Sandbox Open-World game in the history of video gaming. And yes, Rockstar made it. It took the thoughtful, intriguing storyline type that was put into Red Dead Redemption and took it to GTA V. In other words, Grand Theft Auto was never as big, as compelling and as interesting as before.
    Firstly, let's begin with how much the story was improved. The other Grand Theft Auto were good, but you had to play 20 hours to get to the real core of the story, which lasted around 3 or 4 hours. Grand Theft Auto V starts right out with an interesting premise thanks to its well-crafted characters. Say what you want, but Niko Bellic was flat and his cousin Roman was a "Pain in the Culo". Here, we have a rich, retired, grumpy, 80's nostalgia cinephile called Michael; a generic but down-to-earth gang-banger called Franklin; AND EVERYONE'S FAVORITE, the sick, violent, psychopatHic and mentally doubtful Trevor. How you feel towards this characters is up to you. And the writing in this game is amazing. You will laugh.
    The problem with GTA wasn't in the story nor presentation (It looks good, sorta. It's detailed, pretty, it's not groundbreaking but it's more than enough) but in the missions.
    The principal missions were amazing. Some of them bursted with creativity and originality. And let's not talk about (SPOILERSSSS) the first Heist mission, that was awesome. But then, the Heists loose their complete potential, transforming them in linear missions with almost no player choice at all. Then we have the secondary missions. Some of them follow the path the fun principal missions do, but some others are just plain trash. If your idea of a secondary missions is to spend 20 minutes lifting cars with a crane, then you will welcome this missions with open arms. Me? I rather kill repetitive waves of hillibillies with Trevor.
    Lastly, random events occur around Los Santos. Well let me tell you, most of them, aren't unpredictable. In fact, most of them are the same thing. "Oh, they've stolen me this! Go get the crook!", and you kill the crook and decide to keep the stolen goods or return them to its rightful owner. Some of these have consequences in your playthrough, big, small, do not really care, but they do not feel significant. Except for the other random events, that are only a few, that can affect the storyline. Those are good, but there aren't enough.
    Lastly, there is an online component and...it is good. It is not the absolutely outstanding thing we were promised, and it feels like a money-grabber (EVERYTHING in the game is expensive, and the missions give you very little, forcing you to pay micro-transactions or do "unethical things" to buy the finer things), but it is fun. It's just that the campaign is so much better.
    Anyway, better close this review by saying GTA V is amazing. You will never experience a game like this. It has weak missions, specially on the secondary side, and a "Mass Effect 3" like online component. But hell yeah, KILL HOOKERS!
  39. Sep 17, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Everyone says GTA V is amazing, it's not. GTA V is exactly what I wanted GTA IV to be bigger, Funner and moar awesome, While I think to myself "This game has practically everything i wanted, so this should be the best GTA but why is it not It's because Rockstar had made some decisions for the game that are just baffling. GTA V has amazing Graphics, Great story (But had some parts that should have been improved), Great open world, Awesome that they finally added "Busted, Wasted, Mission Passed", And the Character Trevor, Trevor is basically like Joe Pesci from Casino, you know the one where he stabs the guy with a pen, Trevor is almost just like that, But my favourite thing in game is MR TANK IS BACK, yeah GTA IV didn't have a tank neither did TLAD however TBOGT did but the tank was disapointing But GTA V finally listened to me and gave nearly everything in GTA V that I wanted, NEARLY that's there is a reason I didn't give GTA V a 10/10, so now let's move on to the game's weak spots.

1. Franklin
    I hate this character the first mission that I played with him, that's where i started to hate him, he's bossy, he's boring, he's bland and uninteresting and he could the worst character since Roman Belic, I didn't give a about him or his gang. The fact that he's a main character is just, it's not smart.

2. What game is this ?
    When I played the first 4 hrs of this i didn't know what i was playing, It's because GTA V feels like 4 GAMES smashed into one. For example the new activities such as hunting, I mean i've seen that in Assassin's Creed 3, Far Cry 3 and Tomb Raider, and all those games did it better than V, the shooting resembles Max Payne 3 is GTA trying to compete against Max Payne WTF. Then there is an attempt to out do Max Payne even moar by having slowdown time in V, Slowmotion in GTA is strange could have been good if it was done right but I don't know. Then GTA V starts to rip off Midnight Club by having the same style.

3. Nothing New
    There is lack of novelty in V and what do i MEAN by that well, GTA 3 When it came out it was so new because of the 3D open world and it was so revolutionary Then Vice City comes out and the new things was that the main character could actually speak and you could relate to him. San Andreas Comes out and bunch of newer things were in it like the gameplay was improved and moar customization was in it. GTA IV had NOTHING new to bring to the table and that's why it sucks. Now GTA V comes out there is nothing new ok maybe the graphics and that you have dogs in it And then someone might say, oh but it has multiplayer, yeah that's not new that was already in previous GTA'S, and some other might say: You can play as three different characters. Yeah Well guess what in GTA 1 you had a choice of like 5 different characters to play as, not new. So I don't see why this game has a higher score than GTA 3, GTA VC and GTA SA.

So I'll finish this review by saying that overall GTA V has great/ Very good things in it but come on did you really think this would be a better game than 3, VC or SA, nope definetely not.

+ Graphics
    + Fun Multiplayer
    + Tank is back
    - Franklin

GTA V deserves an 8/10.
  40. Sep 17, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto 5 exceeds the boundaries of the outdated current gen consoles that allows for one of the most alive open worlds ever created in the history of gaming.
  41. Sep 30, 2013
    GTA V is a technical Masterpiece. It boasts extremely high quality in all its constituent parts; a VAST amount of content and industry leading immersion It is second to none, and without a doubt one of the best 5 games ever made, if not the best.

It is also morally indefensible, violent, crude, stupid and repugnant. It wafts of misogyny and cruelty. It has an irreverent and misplaced
    sense of humor. And is astoundingly politically incorrect. For once the argument that video games are dangerous, and make people crazy might even be true.

All in all a PERFECT game. Buy it today!

Orctowngrot.
  42. Sep 21, 2013
    I've been playing GTA games since 2001. After playing GTA 3, Vice City, and San Andreas i was satisfied and ready to move on. There is so much hype around this version. The shooting mechanics and controls are clunky and lame. The cars don't have enough burst of speed. By now Rock Star should make sure everything is polished before release. I don't need another GTA game. I've done everything i could ever think of with the 3 versions i have. Expand
  43. Sep 20, 2013
    This is such a difficult game to score. It's comfortably the best overall GTA game ever made in my view (note the word "overall"); however, it has just too many minor faults and annoyances to give it the perfect score.

First up graphically, it's a little disappointing. This isn't helped by the incomprehensible decision not to release on the PC simultaneously. There is a fair amount of
    frame rate issues as they get every last bit of life from the ageing Xbox 360 architecture. The end result is game that looks stretched to the seams.

Secondly, the mini games are by and large a massive disappointment. Tennis is abysmal (they could have taken the mechanics from a famous old Sega Saturn tennis title and placed it in the game wholesale and it would have improved things massively), triathlon is torturous etc. It's a big issue because the mini games should be an entertaining distraction when you want a break from the main game, and an overall addition to the sandbox environment that you should look forward to as you drive past instead, you'll play them once and avoid like the plague.

Third whilst the story is "good", I wouldn't call it a masterpiece of a script. The overall arch is strong enough to maintain interest, and the characters of Michael and particularly Trevor are very strong. The problem is the three character mechanic, which is both a blessing and a curse. It produces a wonderful new play experience, along with a disjointed narrative that jars for the first 10 hours of gameplay until you adjust somewhat.

Other minor nuisances are the reduced car damage physics in comparison to GTA IV (you can hit a truck head on and survive nine times out of ten), the minimap is very primitive and on a "slant" which makes navigation difficult to begin with, certain aspects of the game are poorly explained by the on screen tooltips and the 8GB storage requirement was poorly communicated before release, catching a few consumers out.

But that's pretty much where the faults end and the fact it's easier to list the faults says it all. In fact, I'm clearly nitpicking! Sure, they deserve a mention, but none of the above are game killers and are nowhere near close to being so.

It's the jack of all trades of gaming it takes the best of Skyrim, Red Dead, GTA IV, Saints Row and seemingly every other AAA title this generation has to offer, slaps a beautifully realised world around the core mechanics, covers in delicious social commentary and parody and ultimately serve up a monumental gaming experience to a voracious gaming community.

It's an astonishing entertainment title, but is it the best "game" ever? In my opinion, no in fact, I don't even feel it's the best of its generation. But I can certainly understand those who feel it is, and with the multiplayer to come I have little hesitation in recommending this title to every gamer.
  44. Oct 24, 2013
    GTA 5 is easily the best game of this generation and any review that gives it a 0 is clearly not serious in any way shape or form. Rockstar have created a masterpiece on very ageing systems and have squeezed as much potential that gamers didn't even know existed as this game pushes the boundaries and excels past any title in existence on the 360 and PS3.

The wonderful location, the
    stunning characters and intriguing story make this an amazing experience. The sheer attention to detail is unreal and the story just flows beautifully. The fun factor combined with the online feature is just brilliant and can be enjoyed for hours day after day.

In terms of longevity; the game does lack once the main story is completed as a solo player. You have a few minor missions which offer little in interest or fun, the mini games tire after a while and most of the city becomes obsolete which is a shame. The customisation isn't quite as in-depth as Saints Row and I feel R* gave a false impression when we assumed you could purchase properties dotted around the city when you only have fixed safe houses. With no gang territories to capture; the City can feel bare on completion so DLC may be a necessity and considering how much of the stunningly detailed city is untouched; I think it's a distinct possibility.

Despite the flaws; this game pushes the consoles to the limit and surpasses anything we've seen in this generation.
  45. May 16, 2014
    Very well put together game with great story line, fun missions, there was obviously a lot of effort and money put into this game and it paid off. Very enjoyable game you can get a lot out of it with the online and side missions, or blowing **** up for fun haha. Great game highly recommended.
  46. Apr 27, 2014
    It is rare to find an open world game that not only has a vast array of options for the player, but also has the level of polish that Grand Theft Auto 5 has. The main story may not have the focus that Niko's quest for the American dream had, and there are a few 'nit-picks' I have with Rockstar's choices e.g. flight controls, cheat codes not on phone. However these are small blemishes on an otherwise stellar video game experience. Expand
  47. Sep 23, 2013
    Astounding videogame. I am a huge fan of the GTA series and have been for many years now. I came into this game with extremely high expectations and it delivered. The graphics are amazing, especially considering the sheer scale and size of the game. The missions are varied and fun, and there's always something to do. Whether it's racing,hunting,underwater diving,flying airplanes or simply going on a murderous rampage. The three protagonists(Michael,Trevor,Franklin) are all interesting and fun to play as. The soundtrack is top notch. The gameplay is fluid and an improvement over previous GTA's. It's just an incredibly fun game to play. I give the game an amazing 9.5/10. Expand
  48. Jul 24, 2014
    This game is amazing, they fixed most of the problems we had with GTA IV. What I liked about GTA V 1.Rockstar added some of features from the previous GTA's, and other games created 2. Even though they brought back the arcadish driving, it seems better because the car physics aren't boaty like GTA Iv's. I mean the driving GTA V may not be realistic as IV's but it's feels better. 3. Being able to control Franklin, Michael, Trevor at once was incredible. It was something I haven't seen Rockstar games do before.
    4. The cinematic game play was something I also never seen Rockstar do with GTA. There really any loading screens on the single player, after it loads up, and the cinematic gameplay make mission awesome.
    5. The NPC's, and the characters, are very responsive.
    6. The interactions.
    7. The customizations with the cars.
    8. The weapons being customizable.
    9. The online, was finally something could enjoy without role playing without police crew. Unlike GTA IV where you just drive around in a freemode bored, you actually get stuff done.
    10. The new LS looks amazing, and the whole entire map is huge and beautiful .
    11. The updates

My conclusion:
    GTA V has become my favorite GTA. I really hope rockstar, keeps up the good work. I know little bit of San Andreas fanboys wanted a San Andreas clone, (As usual) but this rules. I still like SA, but I like V more.
  49. Jul 14, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V. Grand Theft Auto is a series that I was waiting to get my hands on ever since I started playing video games, which was back when I was seven. Back in June, I got that chance when I started playing GTA IV. I will review that game later, as I unfortunately have not completed that game's main story missions yet. This is mostly because I got GTA V only a couple of weeks later. So, is this game deserve the 2013...game...of...okay, you know something, forget the intro, you all know what I'm going to say. This is probably one of the greatest games I have ever played, if not the greatest. Everything about this game is amazing, and Rockstar should be proud of themselves for making it. The gameplay of this game is insanely fun. It gives you a massive open world that you are free to explore from the beginning after completing just the first couple of missions. There is so much to do in this open world that it is insane! You can follow the game's story as you do missions, participate in activities in Los Santos such as tennis or watching movies, customize your characters by giving them different clothing and hair cuts, and so much more! Of course, if you want to just go around shooting everything you see, you can do that too. You can also steal and drive cars. The driving in this game is fantastic! I haven't played a game with driving good since Mario Kart. All of the cars handle nicely, and I feel more like it's my own fault that I crashed in this game than in any other game. The shooting in this game is nice too. You can take cover behind pretty much anything in the open world of Los Santos and shoot from behind cover. As stated however, there is a lot more to do in this game than just driving and shooting. You can also play sports, watch movies, go on the internet, or just explore the state of San Andreas. There is also a main story for you to follow, involving three main characters, Michael, Franklin, and Trevor. This brings up another great thing about the gameplay of this game: there are three main characters, and you can switch between them at any time. They aren't different gameplay-wise, other than their special abilities that make them unique such as Franklin's slow-motion driving. However, they more than make up for this with their different personalities, which I will go over in the story section of this review. It is also remarkably bug free, throughout my playthrough of the game's story, I only encountered one bug while I was playing. However, once I died, the game immediately went back to normal. The story missions are all really fun to play despite a few bugs here and there. It is definitely better than Skyrim was with bugs (Skyrim is still amazing, don't get me wrong, but there were several bugs in it). Overall, this game's gameplay is fantastic, no matter how you decide to play it. As for the graphics, not even Far Cry 3 competes with this game's beautiful graphics. That's right. I have found a game that actually looks better than Far Cry 3. This game is about as realistic as graphics in a video game can get. The game's graphics are vibrant, colorful, and perfectly replicate the looks of a city in California, and the Californian countryside. Everything is rich with detail in this game, and beautiful to look at. As for the story, I think I have a new contender for best story in a video game. It might even make BioShock Infinite's story look bad. This game's story takes you across the state of San Andreas with the game's three main characters. There's Michael: a retired bank robber who just wants to be with his family, Trevor: a psychopath who was a former partner of Michael's, and Franklin: an African American who is new to the criminal scene, and just wants to make a lot of money being a criminal. What follows is a story filled with illegal acts, grittiness, humor, and a fun ride from start to finish. Overall, this game's story is one of the greatest I've ever heard in my life. This game really is a fantastic game from start to finish. It is one of...no, it is the greatest game I have ever played. There is not much more that needs to be said. This game is so good, that I just can't put it down, even after completing its story. All I can say is, if you own an Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3, you absolutely need this game. If you don't own it, go buy it now. Just make sure you can take this game's controversial content.
    Gameplay: 10/10
    Graphics: 10/10
    Story: 10/10
    Overall: 10/10
  50. Dec 30, 2013
    This game is a masterpiece. It is Rockstar's crown jewel and the best of the Grand Theft Auto games in my opinion. I highly recommend this game but I don't recommend it for young kids.
  51. Sep 20, 2013
    Absolutely astounding game, I can't say anything that anyone else hasn't already said, the only reason it doesn't get 10/10 is because of a few simple things, One, the multiplayer isn't out and won't be for another 11 days, so I can't give it a full score as I've not played the full game yet and because of the outrageous claims that this game is "100 Hours Long", which is a bunch of PR I got 100% in about 54 hours and I wasn't rushing, That's half the time they claimed, it's more than satisfactory, but why flat out lie? If they'd had said it's "55 hours long" i'd have still been impressed and would not have come out disappointed that it ended as quickly as it did.
    {Spoiler}
    Last is the unskip-able torture scene, while it's crucial and important part of Trevor character development, it isn't very pleasant and makes a lot of people feel uncomfortable, but I feel it has it's place in gaming as it's not condoning torture, by any means, it's showing how idealistic america thinks it is, when this game shows how really unnecessarily brutal it is, this stuff really happens and it's a real reality check to see it in the flesh.
  52. Sep 17, 2013
    .........................................WHY ARE YOU GUYS/LADIES reading my review? You should be BUYING THIS GAME and playing it RIGHT NOW! My review is very simple.. the graphics are...REALISTIC AND PHENOMENAL! The story is EPIC, the gameplay is legendary, the missions are fun, and there is just so much innovation in this game. The Microtransactions are not the GREATEST idea in the world but at least it is not FORCED upon gamers unlike some games (EA). This game is going to force GAME COMPANIES to work a lot harder on their titles because NOW they have some serious competition! So take ALL of your previous GTA games and just sell them, throw them away or store them away becasue GTA V is all you need everyone! SO WHAT ARE YOU STILL DOING HERE??? BUY THIS GAME NOW!!!! 10/10!! And WHO HAS THE BALLS.... TO RATE THIS MASTERPIECE LOWER THAN A 10?? Oh and Saints Row IV... BEWARE!! Expand
  53. Oct 13, 2013
    The single player campaign is nothing less than superb. That part alone should get 10 out of 10. However the online portion has several large problems with it; 1) The release of online was delayed 2) When it did become active it was over swamped with users 3) When users go online, it crapped out and sometime lost their progress 4) When it did work, there is a lot of random fighting whether you want it or not. (suggestion 3 settings; passive, friendly, aggressive)
    5) Leveling and money are a joke. People have already found many ways to fake level up, cars, users, money. They really needed to and still need to stop the abuse of the system. I have many suggestions for that.

Even with all those issues, at the end of the day it is still fun
  54. Sep 17, 2013
    Clearly the best GTA game i have ever played. The world's large, massive and amazing. So many features to explore. The Online features makes the game even more amazing. Rockstar Games's best release ever. I appreciate all their hardwork in making a superb game like this Thank you Rockstar Games.
  55. Sep 23, 2013
    Bandwagon hype sheep will claim its the greatest game ever but it really isn't. A disappointment of what it could have been but still a great game. Doesnt revolutionize anything like other GTA games have.
  56. Oct 6, 2013
    after around 55-60 hours of GTA V i can definitively say this is the most fun i have had with a videogame in a long time. this game is so many games in one and often does it better than many other straight driving, sports and shooting games. with the addition of a huge story, tonnes of cool and interesting characters, great character customisation and so many things to discover, see and do within the world i can't recommend it highly enough. Expand
  57. Oct 22, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V is in my opinion the best GTA game, the story is great, the characters are great, when you die you don't lose your weapons. Those are some of the reasons why I love this game.
  58. Sep 18, 2013
    I'm seeing a lot of people complaining that this game is "where GTA 4 should have been", and that it's just a sub-par sequel unfortunately placed at the end of a console generation. People saying that GTA5 included things that GTA4 should have had, but they exluded due to laziness, or marketing strategy... What?

First off, this is thee most expensive video game ever made at $266
    million, whereas GTA4 was right around $100 million. There's a reason that they couldn't include intricacies like planes, semi-truck trailers, or drivable crashable trains; they spent their budget bring it to next-gen hardware, with which they did a remarkable job considering the circumstances.

As far as my 10/10 score, this game has brought all the things I loved from all previous Rockstar games, including Red Dead Redemption's improved movement mechanics and weapon wheel, Max Payne 3's improved shooting mechanics, Midnight Club LA's vehicular customization and on-road handling, GTA4's introduction to the Euphoria engine, and, well... Rockstar's Table Tennis's tennis mechanic (ok the appreciation of that was a joke, but don't be fooled because those methods were still incorporated).

Arguably, the production cost of this game surpassed the $266 million quote we were given just on the sole merit that everything from this game was pulled from the best of their previous games, meaning that Rockstar's entire history of games has been a research and development process just to deliver their magnum opus; Grand Theft Auto 5.

I own a gaming PC, why? For insane graphics. Am I complaining about the graphics on the 360? No. I, unlike many PC enthusiast wannabes, understand that the visuals that are able to be pumped out on an elderly console generation is... miraculous. Considering the limitations, the aesthetics are beyond amazing, and it was breathtaking when I drove into Los Santos for the first time from the mountains.

There are only two minor complaints that I have, but not enough to ding my score of the game. 1) the mountains surrounding Los Santos appear to be a little less detailed that I would have thought. It's a tiny bit immersion-removing because when you're walking or driving on it, it feels like a polygon with a grass texture, rather than a mountain. 2) The transition time between the playable characters takes roughly 3-4 times longer than advertised on the gameplay trailer. It zooms out quickly, moves over quickly, but then sits there for 5-10 seconds while it loads and populates the area before zooming in.

Overall, I think it is thee most memorable game I will have ever played, and arguably the best game ever made.
  59. Dec 19, 2013
    Absolutely the first GTA since San Andreas that I can't find a fault in, just awesome game and only complaint is the radio isn't quite as good as I thought it would be. Characters are well thought out but I do miss the Celebrity Cameos but I'll forgive that, worth the wait!!!!
  60. LTR
    Sep 29, 2013
    This game is a masterpiece.The story is fantastic,the characters are awesome,the gameplay is really fun,the missions are really fun and the world is beautiful.
  61. Oct 15, 2013
    just f****ng amazing
    a masterpiece
    very funny game
    i done all missions of the game
    simply the best as all the rocksrar games
    it's very coll, cop's scape, assaults, races, and more
  62. Oct 17, 2013
    Grand theft auto 5 is an outstanding game there's so much to donuts amazing best xbox 360 and it's just great you must own it now I recommend you to go and buy this game.
  63. Nov 17, 2013
    GTA is a great game. Let's jump right in on a decent accurate Metacritic review.

Singleplayer
    GTA single player is great although it's wrong and very violent. The cops have been stepped up and are really hard to get away from. I have had to hide under many bridges to get away from them. The story is one that is NOT for people under the age of 18+ for sure. So parents if your reading
    this it is a massive place of adult stuff not for 6 year olds.

Multiplayer
    The online is amazing to. It has many features and is one of the best multiplayers around. HOWEVER! The people on that game are ruthless. I spawned in and within 1 hour of gameplay I lost just over 20,000 dollars becuase people do not care about what you want to do in that game. Robbing is fun and recommend doing it to get that 20,000 you lost at the start. It's also very fun. SPOILER ALERT! If you scout around a shop you can find the best route to take. Eg. A petrol station in the Los Santos desert. You can rob it then jump off a bridge into the water. This is will automatically loose the cops and you will gain 1000 dollars!

Overall:
    -Good single player but 18+
    -Funny Bugs Eg. Shark on land.
    -Good Multiplayer
    Score: 91/100
  64. Sep 26, 2013
    Así que nada es suficiente
    Y que yo soy la que miente
    Y que todo tú me diste
    Que tú siempre me quisiste
    Que tú nunca hiciste nada
    Que soy yo la que te hace sufrir

Y le dices a la gente
    Que me buscas que me quieres
    Que sin mí de amor te mueres
    Y que solo son rumores
    Que fue todo un error
    Que por eso ahora estás así
    Suplicando que te escuche
    Y diciendo que todo cambió
  65. Oct 19, 2013
    Easily the best game of all-time. But I am confused.... why would it be "COD fan-boys" giving the game a zero bringing down the metacritic average? I LOVED Modern Warfare 2 and 3 (cannot stand black ops games as they are not remotely the same in feel or gameplay)... not because I am a fanboy, but rather that they are perfect games, unlike BF3, whereby you have fun and cannot hide in the pause menu or in the corner of the map for five hours, like BF3, with its 720p graphics, appalling sound, and community of knobs and noobs.... The only concession I must make, and it's a BIGGIE, is that MW2 and 3 are now overrun by hackers, which Infinity Ward and Activision are not removing, making their product defunct and unplayable.... because I paid for both games and elite, I truly believe a class action law suit should be initiated by consumers to bring them to their knees and bankrupt them, to send a message to all game makers not to disrespect their consumers and the reason for their entire existence.

By "fanboys" I think you mean astute gamers who know what they like. I am one of them... and I loved this game (GTA V)...

To suggest that lovers of COD would want to troll GTA V seems weird to me... what is the motivation? BF3 and other fanboy trolls will again ruin the MW: Ghosts score and it will be about 70 when should be 90, so it is not as if they are hoping to have the Ghosts score be higher as it simply never will be, and this game will just naturally be better because, as I said, it is the greatest game of all-time... objectively and subjectively observed & decided-upon...

This game is a 10/10. But then, like me, if you lost a character in the online portion, and I did, that will create some anger which will take a while to subside. Those guys had harsh luck and understandable pain with GTA V... none of this has anything to do with COD.... or being gay.. "butt hurts"?? Gee, I wish ten year old homophobic, catch-phrase-obsessed Americans would leave this space free for intelligent reviews and opinions. Just die already, seriously...

GTA V is the best PS3 and current-gen game of all-time. Easily. This COD fan boy thinks so anyway...... and if others don't, I fail to see why their COD-love (only newbies on COD or unco relentless runners or run/diers as they are known hate COD games) is relevant to any hate of GTA V.
    GTA V is not even an fps. Like, for f***'s sake....

Fanboyism without purpose or logic, is both tragic, but also largely non-existent and the figment of other fan-boy's imaginations. Sad but true. The negative nancys are not COD fanboys, but rather just bitter, sexually-frustrated, immature idiots with too much time and too little sense.... they hate because they chose to love the wrong game, or because they have not being able to get hold of this game and choose to hate so they are not missing out. It is all embarrassingly Freudian..... but since few gamers are older like me.... most are too young, dumb and full of cum, to even be aware of them humiliating themselves in spurts of ignored irrelevance.

And that be the truth, Ruth.
  66. Sep 23, 2013
    Great gameplay but with rather boring characters. The ways you can interact with the environment and people around you is truly impressive. Equally impressive is the size of the open-world available to you. The number of things you can do in it seems endless. The graphics is often impressive, especially when you travel through the big environments (city, desert, forest, ocean etc). Having three characters to customize and level up is awesome. My only gripe with the game is that the characters are either cliché or consist entirely of stereotypes. Not just the main characters but everyone else in the game as well. Even Trevor, the most original of the three, becomes cartoonish because he is over-the-top at all times. All of this matters because when you consider how unique and novel the gameplay itself is, it feels like a mismatch. If this was another Saint's Row game this cartoonish depiction of people would fit, but in a game that takes itself "seriously" it does not fit so well. Especially when you compare it to GTA4, Red Dead Redemption and LA Noire. The characters in those games were more interesting and less juvenile. And why is there no female character to play Female criminals do actually exist believe it or not. However, considering how women are depicted in the game there is no question as to whom the game is really aimed at. Fun game by all means, especially if you love open-world games with lots of things to do. I just wish the characters were as original and complex as the rest of the game. Expand
  67. Apr 16, 2014
    A very fair GTA game I suppose, but it suffers pretty roughly from boring car diversity, pretty meh characters and lots of missed opportunities.

Boring car diversity: Well you got a zillion different vehicles and especially cars, who almost all drive the same. THE EXACT SAME, save a few tweaks. Yes of course some are faster and some are not, but it seems that the complaint about GTA
    IV's superior driving physics being "boohoohoo too difficult" really got the Rockstar marketing in a tizzy because we get here dumbed down, almost simplistic car controls that indeed allow for good driving, but also kill any and all car diversity because for the sake of simplicity they all drive pretty much the same!
    That means that finding a Banshee, Infernus(or equivalent) doesn't have nearly the value that it had in older games. You just take any random fast car and you're good, no need to learn them all, they all drive the same! This is a perfect example of a lost opportunity too, because I bet the designers at Rockstar spent hell of a time making all these nice, beautiful, and well-crafted cars(not being ironic here), just so we could kill any random driver from any car that looks expensive, steal it, and never even care what the car's name or driving value was.

Characters, Michael, Trevor and Franklin.
    Now I like the three of them enough. I just realise that they're kinda showing how Rockstar couldn't make one good character with a complex personality, so they split the protagonist in three, each representing one side. This doesn't feel completely like that, it's more a blurry feeling than anything, but it does feel like that a bit.
    Michael is probably the most protagonist of them all, since he's the only one with a real noteworthy arc. He's a retired criminal who got filthy rich and lives a boring life with a family he can't hold together. Pretty cool, and he is memorable and charismatic enough, but that's it. No really great wit, he whines a lot(actually a ton of people in this game whines a lot), he's almost never fun or enjoyable, he may be charismatic but that's all it is. Sometimes he has badass moments but they're the exception. Still my favorite of the three.
    Trevor: Just insane. In good and bad. Yes he can be fun. Yes he can be really annoying with having a head like a coconut. But mostly, he's just insane. Which is fine and dandy but doesn't make one a character. More than that, he doesn't have any sort of story or arc. He's the same at the end of the game as he is at the start.
    Franklin: Mr Pushover. He whines all the time, always gets stuck in stupidly bad situations by his best friend Lamar or by someone else, and he seems to always, no matter what, thoughtlessly, roll with it. Doesn't care to anger an entire crime syndicate, he just does the job even if he has no personal reason to. His personality ranges from "I'm tired of all the **** I go through" to "ok let's do this super dangerous thing I have no real personal reason to do". He'd come off as outright stupid if his main motivation wasn't wanting to get rich to impress the girl he loves. Franklin still is alright, but just having a guy that wants to get money and goes into any dangerous job for it, is way too easy a character. However to really explain him I have to talk about the side characters.

For Franklin, the side character is Lamar. Lamar is a stupid assh*le who keeps doing the dumbest things, then gets saved by Franklin, then spits on Franklin for doing things better than him and getting richer, always complaining that F is a "lucky guy" even though F worked his way up and keeps getting in **** to save Lamar...
    For Trevor, all the side characters are idiots or weaklings, and I guess this is where a lot of the comic relief is supposed to come from, but...no. None of them are that funny and they get old or annoying really fast.
    For Michael you've got his family. Washed-out fat lowlife for a son, slutty attention whore for the daughter, cheating and agressive wife. Of course in the end you're supposed to patch up Michael with his family and I could go with it, but the fact is that I want to kill the son and possibly all of them more than I want to patch them up.
    Needless to say, considering that every arc from every character is related at least a bit to their side characters, almost every story/arc pretty much loses all interest extremely quickly. I should also point out that the writing is sub-par to the rest of the series.

And for missed opportunities: You have heist mission-making capabilities and almost no heists to make. You have tons of sidequests, none of them using the basic gameplay and they're all gimmicky and kinda useless. You have three protagonists, but can only play one at a time and hope the AI does its job rest of the time. You have this huge city and tons of it are useless, the "too much room because Realism but nothing fun to do in it" problem we've had since the Gamecube era.

I could go on but I made my point already.
  68. Oct 4, 2014
    An absolutely amazing game. Takes every great aspect of other Rockstar titles and combines them into one awesome package. Gameplay, mission variety, atmosphere, graphics, voice acting ETC, are all top notch.
  69. Dec 22, 2013
    Familiar with the GTA series? Then you sort of know what to expect quite frankly; this installment of the popular series doesn't exactly put anything astronomically new on the table. Generally it's a fun game, strengths and weaknesses that have been seen in prior productions, but what really bums me out and lowers the score quite a bit is the online portion. The game's called Grand Theft Auto for christ's sake, with guns and drugs and stolen cars and prostitutes galore, and yet it's become saddled with this "Bad Sport" system. In a nutshell, this pain in the ass addition punishes players for behavior seen as misconduct i.e. blowing up cars/running into people/etc.) by throwing them into a lobby separate from the main server, where gameplay is limited. It's like some slap on the wrist to try and hinder the 9 year olds and frustrate the hell out of older players with its redundancy. Worst part of it is that you don't even have to be the one initiating the 'trouble' for example, I've found myself wearing the Dunce cap when other online players run into my car (and ultimately blowing up their own cars) on purpose which somehow in turn pins the blame on my player and sends him hurtling into the void which is the Bad Sport lobby. Perhaps a more fundamental problem to it all is the damn cloud server. My character's been deleted several times thanks to the game failing to connect properly. All of my gripes are of course irrelevant to gamers who have no interest in the online portion of the game have at it, the rest of it works more or less alright. I know, it's just a game, but jeez louise; I dunno if it was worth the money considering how much time has been spent in frustration over this particular title. Expand
  70. Sep 17, 2013
    A staggeringly beautiful, impeccably voice-acted, amazingly fluid and incredibly fun game, GTA V is not just a great Grand Theft Auto game which is a very high complement in itself but possibly the greatest video game ever made. The game-play is faultless and sets the already high bar far above its competition. For five years, we have witnessed rival franchises like Saints Row and Watchdogs expand dangerously close into GTA's territory, but GTA V completely trumps these relatively uninnovative series and shows the world how the GTA series is not just incredibly fun and an escapist's dream, but also a work of art of the 21st century. 10/10. Expand
  71. Sep 21, 2013
    Everyone has their own interests in gaming, for me, I prefer Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas more than Grand Theft Auto IV, I decided to play it since my brother bought it.

I found a few bugs and glitches in the game, which didn't take away the experience much from me, and it seems other people don't care about it, calling the game a masterpiece, but I still think otherwise. With a new
    input to the game, that hasn't been done in the series, it has brought new hype to the game, just like any Grand Theft Auto game, but with a little more details extended to it, making the game nothing short of fun.

I'm glad that everyone enjoys this, but if anyone prefers the old style GTA games, I suggest you stick with that, and if you're trying to experience something new to the series, this is a great chance to do so.
  72. Oct 3, 2013
    It comes to a point where "gaming", has evolved, it has evolved into something, not better, nor worse, but something different, Grand Theft Auto 5 it's the branch and justification on how games can, and will, talk about society at a whole other level, or even revolutionize the way we see technology to this date.

Grand theft auto does not only jokes and critiques the whole, "american
    society" as we know it, but at the same time adds up several different in game mechanics and tweaks them like no other open world game ever has.
    One of the best things that Gta V increases it's his magnitude of the three dimensional world that presents to you by the name of "Los Santos", it's massive and each different area feels unique and special in it's on way. You don't necessarily need to be playing on a scripted sequence nor a unscripted sequence to enjoy the vast array that the city of Los Santos has to offer.

Every activity, or mission, depending on how you want to call them, feels fresh and new, this happens because of the different areas where missions develop and present themselves, while at the same time keeping it's charm with crisp new dialog, every time you jump back in a different occasion into them. They really assimilate an illusion, and a reality that represents perfectly the effort and love that was put in the making of this "game".
    The missions and the characters are written and presented perfectly to, every single one of the main and co stars that appear in the game are lovable, and sometimes even identifiable, this adds up a huge feel of immersion that no other game manages to accomplish at such a scale as this game has.

The game has his fare share of problems too, though most of them could give you the appearance that are mistakes that could've been fixed in a quick and efficient way, the vast majority of them tend to be there, for really complex reasons, that really make you question the design choices, that the team at Rockstar's headquarters had in their mind. Some of the missions feel, completely and utterly silly, and unnecessary, while some other feel extremely unique, and satisfying to accomplish. The real beauty of the game comes from the sense of maturity that handles, and the way it those it, the game it's mature for several different aspects and subjects that the game handles, and the way it handles them. They never feel unnecessary or dull, they always feel with a purpose and a reason in behind them being there, it's perfect while at the same time keeping the integrity of the criminality, and the brutality, of the reality, that some of this characters manage to have.

Gta V never manages to break the experience and the illusion of being part of this terrible reality that can and will most of the times be comparable to our own society and the way it affects each single type of person, no matter what your political preferences are, or if you hate violence in entertainment, Gta V will always shine as being one of the best works of criminal entertainment and art, that has ever reached into our circle of appreciable culture, it's beautiful, terrifying, and brutal at the same time, Gta V it's a masterpiece, and a must play of anyone that has an interest in the series until now.
  73. Oct 12, 2013
    There are only 2 kinds of people that dislike GTA V: Those who have too much pride in themselves to give any game a good score, and those kids who doesnt' own the game but read the former's opinions. Let me tell you something guys, as an average gamer, i rercommend that YOU MUST PLAY THIS GAME,IGNORE THE HATERS, IT'S A MASTERPIECE. From the vast areas of mountains and plains to the huge and busy city of Los Santos, there is always a bunch load of details, and the innovating story line is an instant classic. As long as you appreciate what GTA V brings you, you will never get bored in this nicely done sequel of GTA IV, by the hands of our talented developers from Rockstar. Seriously guys, BUY IT, PLAY IT, LOVE IT! Expand
  74. Sep 20, 2013
    gta as everyone knows is brought to you from the developers of red dead and la noire. primarily set around 4 characters out to score big in the fictional city that is las santos through unnecessary violence and far to much use of the n***er and moth*****ker words, that me personally finds it a cheap way from the developers to get a reaction. The characters represent everything i hate in a person, I know the gta series has been known for elements of grand theft auto (obviously) violence, prostitution, drugs trust me i know i have been playing them off and on from the very first one, but with gta5 everything feels cheap, forced and unnecessary. I found it impossible to fall in love with the main characters and therefore didn't feel any attachment to them and thus didn't truly devote to them as characters. the car handling mechanics all feel the same from one van to the next one, and from one bike to the next also. the god awful car shooting mechanics where the aim is also the trigger button, and with that you have to carefully estimate where the reticule would be. the cover button is poorly exacuted as well and aims throughs doors when your stuck to a frame, plus the reticule is a pathetic dot for every none scoped gun, even a shotgun which makes no sense because shotguns have a greater spread with them. the mission status only shows up after you complete a mission, and on many occasions i have said to myself i would of done that if i'd a known, but you can replay misisons to get better scores which i think is another cheap unimaginative way to invoke replay value. i lke the camera to be very sensitive and the aiming reticle to be quite low, but you can't do that in this game, only change the overall senstivity for both analog sticks. the city is huge though and does ever so deservedly boast that, but you can barely go inside anywhere most doors i went up to denied me access, and the activities like for example tennis, shooting range, yoga, are superficial and once you have tried it, there is no compelling fun element to go back. plus in my own personal opinion everything feels rushed and monotonous. I find it quite frustrating that everytime i do a mission or enter a cutscene my characters clothes change, and you are limited on personal customization, and the skill levelling is awful i would rather not level up at all and all my characters have thier own personal skills, because you can level up every skill with every character there is no individualism and therefore everyone of your four main characters loses their unique touch and aspects. The flying aspect within the game is terrible as well, feels to sensitive and sucks at all the fun of it. im just glad i can sell it to a mate for £40.00 and thus only losing out on a fiver. Expand
  75. Sep 30, 2014
    Definitely not the best open world game, or even the best GTA game, but it's certainly worth the price tag. One of the funnest and most well-written games of the last generation.
  76. Sep 18, 2013
    This game is better than San Andreas, and that's one hell of an accomplishment. Grand Theft Auto V sets the standard (once again) for open world games. This is the best from all Rockstar games in one package. The combat from Red Dead Redemption/Max Payne 3, the customization from San Andreas, and of course the beautiful graphics and the Euphoria physics engine. Can't wait until GTA Online comes out October 1st. Game of the century. Expand
  77. Feb 10, 2014
    I myself at first had great fun with this title, yet the fun very much wears thin after an extremely short amount of time. You see, the game has so much, and believe me a lot of it is very appreciable and is fun, yet so so much of it is painfully sub-par. Allow me to make an example, in one mission playing as Trevor (who buy the way is a psychopath who should have far better things to do with his time, such as blowing up international airports and banging women) in which I had to blend into a work environment in order to plan a robbery, and this involved using a crane to stack crates. FOR HALF AN HOUR. THIS MONEY GRABBING, 9.5 ACTION AWESOME BADASS TITLE HAS ME STACKING CRATES AND A DOCK FOR HALF AND HOUR. GOD! I hope future titles in the Grand Theft Auto series have far less grindy nonsense than this overblown bore. Expand
  78. Jan 4, 2014
    Anyone who bought the game for GTA: O should reflect upon their lives.

The plot is full of tropes but the performances given by the entire cast are rock solid. GTA V is encrusted with crude dialogue and ultra violent scenarios. Everyone knows what the GTA formula consists of. This time around, it's Los Santos which steals the show. The attention to detailed is unparallelled. GTA V has
    rendered every other open world game, including it's own installments, obsolete. It is peerless. Expand
  79. Sep 20, 2013
    Well now that I have at least played 15 hours I have to say that this game does not disappoint. It is the biggest well though out open world game I have ever played. It truly deserves the praise it is getting and more to come when Online finally releases.
  80. Jan 18, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V is a behemoth to worship. It's story, it's characters, it's pure originality makes one of the best videogames ever made. Sure there was a huge mess up with GTA Online, but Rockstar was not prepared for the obvious appreciation of the game. I do agree the game should have been focused on a little longer, but at the same time i'm glad I have it in my hands and can play it with my friends. It will be played for years to come just like GTA IV and I can't wait. 9/10 Excellent. Expand
  81. Mar 1, 2014
    Amazing game, I think it was the best game of 2013, but what I liked was a bit of physical and also removed the internet café. But the scenery, vehicles, animals and missions that struck me were great, with good design, and you see that Rockstar Games worked hard to create this smash hit game.
  82. Sep 17, 2013
    This game is the mutts nuts. Got it last night after queuing for half an hour was worth the wait. Rockstar north have done it again. Scotland should be proud. I loved gta 4 and this looks to be even bigger and better everything has been tweaked. Pisses me of when I see negative user review on here because its not on pc YET! It will be calm down. Just like gta 4 was later on. So stop being ridiculous. That's like me leaving a revew on witcher 2 because it didnt come onto the 360 at the same time as pc. It's stupid grow up children. This is a great game. Expand
  83. Oct 6, 2013
    A seriously ambitious and awe inspiring game that, due to unfun design choices and a horrible online debut, fail to come close to its astronomicle potential. There are hundreds of things about this game that bother me, but I'll just get into the ones that I really can't stand. SINGLE PLAYER: there's really only one way to earn decent money, and thats to do heists, but there are only a handful of them throughout the story. The game boasts so many things to do in Los santos, but there's no real incentive do do any of these things aside from the initial fun they provide. They don't give you much money at all, or any permanent rewards to make your time more fun, or your ability to wreak havock any easier. The only nice bonus you get is a small discount at ammunation for doing the shooting range. Once the story is all finished, there is basically nothing to do besides random homicide. Why did they include such a great dimension to this game with the heists, only to not let you plan them whenever you want after the game is over? They let you recruit all these people for your crew and build their stats by using them more and more, but really, who cares? There's only a handful of heists, it's pointless, and it didn't have to be. They also give you a fun ability to use 3 diffent people, but can they be freely controlled when they're all together? No, that would be too fun. The game is left just feeling really empty and joyless after its all over. For the record though, I had a blast playing through the story. It's well written, funny, and entertaining. It's just too bad rockstar didn't seem to realize how important post-game fun is. They probably skimped on it for multiplayer...MULTIPLAYER: this disaster of an online mode is absolutely unacceptable! The online mode was delayed 2 weeks after the release of the game! That's annoying, but ultimately ok, if all works out well....it didn't. Several days after online launch and the game is still having issues loading properly, sticking at loading screens, and not saving players progress properly. That's pretty aweful when they attemp to charge people REAL money for in game currency. Rockstar, you don't deserve another dime. I bought this game full price. I expect you to allow me to enjoy the game I bought, free of arbitrary speed bumps. Earning money is a huge chore. Players can easily swamp you and kill you over and over, quickly draining your cash, whether you deposit it in the bank or not. You can play passively, but you won't be able to use weapons or fight any pedestrians, which means many features of the game are disabled. Also, players can still kill you by running you over, and shoot you if your in a car.. Meaning, passive mode is boring and stupid. It leaves you to only do missions to make money and still vulnerable, yet totally defenseless. So youre stuck between EXTREME danger and risk, or BORING "safety", no middleground. Playing missions is also tedious if you aren't in a free roam with a ton of friends. In lobbies, the only people that can join you are the other 15 people in your free roam. There IS an option to bring in other people worldwide, but I've NEVER gotten anyone to join from that. Must be broken. So there are millions of people with this game, and I'm usually stuck doing missions ALONE in multiplayer. Pointless. Also, if your connection cuts out at any time, you lose your progress, too bad. Online mode CAN be a tremendous blast with lots of friends, but at this time, almost three weeks after the game was released, the game is seriously broken. Expand
  84. Mar 28, 2014
    The most influencial gameplay that i've ever played! With three-time anti hero, Los Santos had never been better, with the Gangsters, Bank Robber, and the psychopath guy which was three-time awesome. The system was really awesome with the core mechanic and 10 times kicking than Grand Theft Auto IV!
  85. May 30, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V makes Hot Coffee look like ghost, the amount of nudity, drug uses, swearing and pretty much everything is here and it some how pulls it off with the great graphics and being good, the characters are something to care about, the heists are amazing (Certainly the Paleto Bay Heist) and a superb variety of stuff to spend on unlike GTA IV which lacked on stuff to buy.
    The
    only thing that ruins the GTA V experience is GTA Online, its not totally terrible, but it lacks on GTA V stuff, we haven't got the stuff we were promised and it is still buggy.

GTA V = 10/10
    With GTA Online = 9.2/10
  86. Dec 13, 2013
    This game is nothing short of amazing! I have never been so pleased with a game before. This game is fun, original, and adds an entire new level to the open platform of gaming. The guys at volition making saints row should have sat quietly and taken notes. This game has delivered over 36 hours of partial story line and extras I have played so far and i'm sure ill put about 100 more hours before it turns 1 year old. This game brings it all to the table, and for lovers of a previous GTA title, this game has proved to be better and keeps on improving. They put the time into this one, and put the money into making it something enjoyable. In terms of entertainment you will not be disappointing or bored. If i could i would have rated this above a 10. Expand
  87. Oct 23, 2013
    You know that feeling you get... that sad feeling you get when Christmas day is over and you realize that the day you've anticipated for so long has come and gone? That's how I felt when the credits started rolling when I completed GTA 5. This is actually the first GTA I've played. Yes, there are shocking moments, but this game is a masterpiece. It's my guilty pleasure for sure. The story is awesome and the gameplay is so fun. Worth every penny and more. Expand
  88. Sep 22, 2013
    I have never played a game more immersive or ambitious than Grand Theft Auto V. This is easily not only one of the best video games of this generation, but of all time.
  89. Oct 20, 2013
    I love this game so much i get a fast car and take Franklin's dog out for a ride during the nighttime because the night/day cycle is very realistic and looks amazing the characters are great there are now a wide variety of weapons to choose from that you can attach mods on it such as a Grip, Suppressor, Extended mag etc... there are now heists witch are not really new because previous GTA installments have had Heists but these ones are so good and cinematic but a couple are just boring and cars are able to be customized even more. The land of San Andreas is more bigger adding more Forests and a bigger desert than GTA: SA and with online you will never get bored of this game! And i can't wait for the next gen GTA to come out i bet it will be big as hell! Expand
  90. Jun 21, 2014
    Never in my life have I been so satisfied with the completion of a Grand Theft Auto game. The three alternate endings make your decisions rattle around in your head for days. A truly fantastic installment in the GTA with refreshing game-play, fantastic and responsive controls and a beautiful open world at your fingertips. Welcome to Los Santos.
  91. Oct 5, 2013
    This game is really good but with all other entries it comes with its bad parts.However this games plot is really well explained alot to do in its free roam and gameplay is really fun and moreover i enjoyed it. but this games first few missions practically are the same thing and those side missions are great but always the same thing.Graphics could have been a bit better but the lighting is really good. an awesome game must play Expand
  92. Jul 30, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V is an exhilarating game that is a must play. The story is quite good that has a nice twist to it, the missions are very fun and action packed, and the characters have their own unique personalities. I do like that each character is doing an activity or has selected a different wardrobe because it feels like that they actually have a life to live outside of when you control them. This Grand Theft Auto has a nice balance between story missions and free roam, and there are a lot to do in each. As opposed to Grand Theft Auto IV the player actually has property to buy and that property generates income and another improvement is the driving, it's a whole lot better. The online portion of the game is amazing too. It's a blast to goof off with friends in free roam and do some missions or racing together. Grand Theft Auto V is an amazing free roam game that has tons of things to do and you'll be playing it for hours upon hours. Expand
  93. Sep 17, 2013
    for those who give 0's and 3's, please check yourselves in a mental institute, do something good for mankind!! this game is the new benchmark for open world games, if not the best open world game of this generation and previous too. the only downside for me is, this game is so packed with content and my time to play isnt ilimited, i started to play and looked at the clock, it was 9h later..... and i barely did 6 out of 69 main missions xD i see many PC gamers just being juvenile, well i do own a high-end PC too, ps3 too and obviously 360, but when i hear "pc is huge market" well........ it proves the ignorance..... yes PC is hardware superior, no doubts but as gaming platform it have a very tiny slice, meanwhile you see games selling 3/5m on each console platform, on PC you'll see 200k PC is expensive to build and its very troublesome regarding bugs and glitches....... Expand
  94. Nov 5, 2013
    Everybody should know this game is great by now so what I want to concentrate on are the flaws. They are not game breaking but they are frustrating.
    Cover System: You press "RB" and your character will take cover. The big problem with it is it is illogical. Some times it has you seek cover behind a hand rail. Needless to say not very effective. Other times, say there is a box and you want
    to take cover behind a specific side of the box. WELL the button will often make you jump to a different a side. This would be less frustrating if you could easily glide between corners while staying in cover. But you can't. So you're going to be taking extra damage.
    Graphics: Things randomly pop up while you are driving, the pixels pixelized late and you find yourself running into speed limit signs.
    Controls: The crosshairs is a dot. Shooting is mostly reliant on auto aim because it is too difficult for an average gamer. AND THE DRIVING CONTROLS...Idk if it's just me but I can never seem to make sharp turns.

So, what does this game have?
    Great story and great characters: terrible people that you grow to love.
    The World: It is really big and there is so much value to be able to just run around beat up random people and start a car chase.
    The Ending
  95. Sep 21, 2013
    Its GTA its back and its definitely worth the purchase!
    You will cry you will laugh and you will be shocked through the 30+ hours playing this
    There is so much things to do and i swear you will never be bored playing this
    If it`s one thing i can think of that`s bad it`s the fist combat but it`s not really a big thing since the game does n`t center around it.
    Now for the low reviews
    this game has been given by
    Wanderlei
    kjm1986
    KriticalChaos
    flax0174
    javaleno
    You all can kiss my ass and f off with the score you are giving this, this game deserves the praise and hype and is more the worth the admission price!
    The fact you all are giving this such a weak score is cuz you are all most likely a pc elitist and want it on the pc. The score you guys are giving it is more suited for "ride to hell" because that is a piece of sit game.Not this!! So f you all!
    To everyone else i say buy this game it`s just amazing!!
  96. Sep 18, 2013
    GTA V being very overrated is probably the worst thing about Metacritic User Reviews.

The Game is brilliant, an easy 8-9/10, but it isn't perfect, Murky Textures and somewhat dull activities are highlighted here.

Campaign is interesting,the world is Huge and messing around has never been as fun on a GTA game, but if you're reading reviews and want a genuine answer of the games
    quality that isn't biased about how its 'perfect' or 'terrible' this is what you need to read.

Pros:
    Huge World
    Storyline
    Characters and General Improvements to them
    Pace

Cons:
    Textures
    Activities (while fitting to the game, tennis isn't something i want to spend my time on GRAND THEFT AUTO doing.)
  97. Ogr
    Oct 14, 2013
    GTA V is a huge open-world-game filled with tons of stuff to do. Everything about this game is already said, so to cut a long story short: GTA V makes fun, it makes fun to cruise around and switch from one character to another etc., but I must admit that I don't like the story oft GTA V and all in all it's "just" another Grand Theft Auto. There are some new things of course, but they don't give me a feeling of playing a new game. After playing GTA III, Vice City, San Andreas, GTA IV this game gives me not much except doing everything I already knew from the older games very well.
    So GTA V plays very well, but still I hope for more innovation for the next Rockstar game.
  98. Nov 14, 2013
    If it were a racing game I'd score it 1 out of 10. If it were a third person shooter I'd score it 3 out of 10. But it's a sand box, and it's overall well done. The racing and shooting by genre standards are brutal and at times down right irritating. Several missions and mini games were frustrating wastes of time, provoking inner rage deep within me. The graphics are as well done as they can be, but cut scenes are nothing to drool over. The story is bizarre and all around stupid, juvenile, and ridiculous. If you have any life at all, it will be 24+ hours you wish you could take back. Do not buy! Expand
  99. Sep 29, 2013
    The Best Rockstar game ever! Only problems are frame-rate and load times. as well the online isnt up yet but thats better than the game being delayed. anyone who complains about that should have known already and is sour they are uneducated. graphics are outstanding for a game this size. dont know how they managed to fit all those polygons on the 360. anyone who complains about graphics has no clue how CG is generated and should be banned from game reviews. Expand
  100. Sep 17, 2013
    The journey of the three protagonists and their pursuit of the dollar in the beautiful, sun-drenched state of San Andreas is a breath taking experience. Quite simply put, this is the best video game I have played for the current generation of consoles.

EDIT:

It seems as though the user score is being attacked by disgruntled PC fans, or possibly, fans of an equally GOTY deserving
    title. For the time being, disregard the user score. Expand

1. Dec 12, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto V offers one of the best sandbox experiences ever, filled to the brink with stuff to do. The vistas are magnificent and amazing stuff just seems to happen wherever you go. But at the same time the story is tired and the characters unoriginal. Your appreciation of Grand Theft Auto V will depend of what you want out of the series. The freedom and joy of discovery is hard to beat but the rest still has some ways left to go.
  2. Nov 6, 2013
    GTA V continues the game series' tradition of raising the bar for open world action games.
  3. Nov 5, 2013
    Tons of gameplay hours, plenty of missions and activities with an awesome collection of vehicles of various modes of transportation and a large array of firearms put the grandeur once again into Grand Theft Auto.