8.1

1. Mar 5, 2014
    screw gta 4 this one is better . and i love it but gta 4 is 99% great i love the gta 5 the characters in gta 5 are great . and a whole new level of awsome .
  2. Sep 25, 2013
    GTA5 is fabulous, magical and wonderfully exciting. Surely stands as one or if not the best in the franchise that changed the world of gaming. Great game.
  3. Feb 18, 2014
    I always really disliked the GTA franchise, however, I gave GTA V a shot and I have not regretted it. With a very well executed storyline, gameplay (offline and online), and so much more, GTA V is without a doubt a pure masterpiece of a video game
  4. Sep 19, 2013
    The best GTA game so far. From going underwater to starting a business to endless pedestrian killing, this game never loses fun and is a legend in sandbox gaming.
  5. Oct 20, 2013
    this is pretty much the best game I've ever played in my entire life, gta v can be better than any game in the series or any game ever released,definetely the best game on this generation.
  6. Oct 2, 2013
    It's hard to write a review for a game like this. On one hand all I really need to do is. Umm... 10. Problem solved right? But.... I have to fill a word requirement. So all I have to say is: well, okay I don't know. Am I there yet? This is the greatest open world/city ever. It beats skyrim because it contains an actual CITY, not just a beautiful land. Am I there yet?
  7. May 30, 2014
    Great, massive, overwhelming, impressive, all round game. swimming, running, driving, shooting. and everything you can wish. Gta needs no introduction, Amazing experiences worth bullet loads of cash! Rock star games has a winner right here! Bigger and better than any previous Gta. The gaming heaven. You're not playing this game for a emotional story. however a laugh, some fun and someGreat, massive, overwhelming, impressive, all round game. swimming, running, driving, shooting. and everything you can wish. Gta needs no introduction, Amazing experiences worth bullet loads of cash! Rock star games has a winner right here! Bigger and better than any previous Gta. The gaming heaven. You're not playing this game for a emotional story. however a laugh, some fun and some seriously fu*ked up characters to go along with. Expand
  8. Sep 17, 2013
    GTA V shows that Rockstar still has plenty gas left in the tank with the GTA franchise. The map is HUGE (I still wish they had Las Venturas from San Andreas. [But I digress...]), the graphics are not the best, but nonetheless they are very good, and all of the main characters (Michael, Franklin, and Trevor) are fun to play as in their own way. Michael gives you the luxury life, FranklinGTA V shows that Rockstar still has plenty gas left in the tank with the GTA franchise. The map is HUGE (I still wish they had Las Venturas from San Andreas. [But I digress...]), the graphics are not the best, but nonetheless they are very good, and all of the main characters (Michael, Franklin, and Trevor) are fun to play as in their own way. Michael gives you the luxury life, Franklin gives you the gangster life, and Trevor gives you the crazy life. Not to mention that the amount of activities are limitless. You will be hooked for months on end. The story absolutely beats the stories of the previous installments, including GTA IV (along with its DLCs) and San Andreas. The story is deep and extremely fun to play. Customization has been improved greatly, with customizable cars, tatoos, and players in GTA Online. Speaking of Online, this game has all of the great modes from GTA IV, along with a much deeper and fun experience in free mode.
    Overall, this game is the best GTA game ever, rockstar's best game ever, Xbox 360s best game ever, one of the best games from this generation, and even one of the best games ever made. I was proud that I had pre-ordered and purchased this game in every way possible. This is, without much doubt, the best game I have ever played...
  9. Jun 1, 2014
    A really great game. This story was fantastic and difficult to keep you playing for a long time. The characters are what made the game. Trevor is just so crazy he was so entertaining to watch and use as a playable character. The only criticism are the load times are long and the online isn't amazing, still a fantastic game. It was worth the wait.
  10. Sep 26, 2013
    I held off reviewing this game untill today because I truly wanted to experience everything the game had. I wanted to get emotionally involved with the characters, I wanted to get absorbed in the storyline, I wanted to laugh at the crazy antics, I wanted to see the vast array of missions, I wanted to see what the game as a whole had to offer. And let me tell you when I say this game is anI held off reviewing this game untill today because I truly wanted to experience everything the game had. I wanted to get emotionally involved with the characters, I wanted to get absorbed in the storyline, I wanted to laugh at the crazy antics, I wanted to see the vast array of missions, I wanted to see what the game as a whole had to offer. And let me tell you when I say this game is an outstanding success in every way. My personal experiences with GTA games haven't gone great, I've always felt that the majority of them were clunky pieces of design which were often over rated and irritating to play. But with GTA V, they've completely flattened out any issues with the other games I had and generally improved it in other things. We're not just talking about one of the best games ever, what we're experiencing here is one of the most amazing feats of interactive entertainment in the modern era. Nothing I've played video game wise, watched film wise or interacted with entertainment wise, has had me more involved or entertained then what this game did. Of course there are times where it's a bit crazy and it pushed the boat a bit far, but this game ISN'T designed for kids it really is that simple. A fantastic bow out for this generation of consoles. 10/10 for me. Expand
  11. Oct 20, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Concept: Create a very well-rounded Grand Theft Auto sequel, using elements and past experience gained from the production and development of nearly every other Rockstar game and franchise.

Graphics: Breathtakingly beautiful.

Sound: While you'll no doubt hear the radio stations the most in terms of sound bytes, the voice work is pretty good, and the actual musical scores are appropriately placed as well.

Playability: Quite playable, and quite enjoyable in all portions of gameplay. Easy to handle, fluid, and responsive at the same time. A perfect medley of combat and other action maneuvers.

Entertainment: With literally over one hundred hours of time to be spent doing everything from motorcross to tennis, you need to get out there and see the world instead of asking questions about it. There are very few limitations.

Replay Value: Sky-High.

Overall Score: 9.5
  12. Apr 4, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V, along with Grand Theft Auto Online, is a great package. The single player is engrossing and epic. The multiplayer will keep you busy for hours. The attention to detail is unbelievable. All must play this game.
  13. Sep 17, 2013
    This is the game of the decade, and I mean it! There is nothing that is not perfect in this game! Maybe the storyline if you're not familiar with the goofy nature of the series, but I'm making this review for Open-world fans. This game is perfect. Perfect. I have been trying so hard to find something to criticise but I just can't. GTA V is the game you have been waiting for, everyone! GoThis is the game of the decade, and I mean it! There is nothing that is not perfect in this game! Maybe the storyline if you're not familiar with the goofy nature of the series, but I'm making this review for Open-world fans. This game is perfect. Perfect. I have been trying so hard to find something to criticise but I just can't. GTA V is the game you have been waiting for, everyone! Go and buy it if you haven't already.

P.S: It's pathetic to rate a game 0 just because it's available on your gameing platform.
  14. Oct 6, 2013
    This was an amazing game, I loved almost everything about it.though the glitches where hilarious as heck,like shark swimming on the beach.

Rating's

Graphics *****
    Gameplay *****
    Sound *****
    Lasting appeal *****

[Flawless you ask I think not]

This game could hit game of the month,but watch dogs still looks like a great challenge.
  15. Sep 17, 2013
    Serious butthurt from some PC fanboys here. Why? I'm mainly a PC gamer, but I do have a console and well, I bought this game. It's perfect. It might not be if you care too much about graphics, but I personally don't, and they're amazing for a game this big running on a 7 years old hardware anyway. This game is massive, ambitious, beautiful, funny. Everything. This game is almost perfect.Serious butthurt from some PC fanboys here. Why? I'm mainly a PC gamer, but I do have a console and well, I bought this game. It's perfect. It might not be if you care too much about graphics, but I personally don't, and they're amazing for a game this big running on a 7 years old hardware anyway. This game is massive, ambitious, beautiful, funny. Everything. This game is almost perfect. Buy it ASAP! Expand
  16. Oct 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. GTA 5 is not perfect for sure, but I never played any games greater than it, so here goes the 10 score. None of the 0 or 1 scores/reviews makes sense to me, this game is a masterpiece no matter how you look at it. I have so high expectation in this game before release, and normally when you expected too much you will get disappointed; however, the quality of this game is beyond my imagination and I am happy with it. I am not a fanboy, there are tons of things I think can be improved in this game, but you have to admit that what Rockstar have achieved here is a technique magic.
    The other day I watched a review video, two guys in the video complained about implementing Tennis/Golf mini games in GTA 5, said no one cares about them and they just wanted to do more illegal things. Seems like it is impossible to make a change and satisfy everyone now days.
  17. Oct 18, 2013
    an amazing sandbox
    but its has a lot of recycle elements of rockstar games
    its too realistic but who cares?
    its better than grand theft auto iv but its not as good
    as san andreas or vice city
    rockstar rules!!!
  18. Apr 15, 2014
    YAHSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS WERK IT **** YOU FABULOUS WHORE. I **** LOVE THIS GAME ITS SO MUCH FUN TO RUN OVER WHORES ALL DAY. It's a fun game. You should play it.
  19. Rem
    Sep 21, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto 5 touts itself as one of the most expansive, diverse, and entertaining game. And that is true to a degree. The switching between the three main characters keeps the game from becoming mute, but because of this you cannot really connect with any of the three characters, I mean you could hardly even connect with three killers anyway. What Grand Theft Auto 5 supremely outdoesGrand Theft Auto 5 touts itself as one of the most expansive, diverse, and entertaining game. And that is true to a degree. The switching between the three main characters keeps the game from becoming mute, but because of this you cannot really connect with any of the three characters, I mean you could hardly even connect with three killers anyway. What Grand Theft Auto 5 supremely outdoes over GTA 4 is the variety of mission. No longer are you just an errand boy, but a heist master running the strings with a multitude of missions. Though I have to say that the three main characters are less compelling than Niko Bellic. Even the secondary activities have received an upgrade in terms of enjoyment. Also the little tweaks keep annoying bits like calling and restarting missions to a minimum so in the end, you get a package that will allow you to get lost in the world of Los Santos. Expand
  20. Oct 22, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V is in my opinion the best GTA game, the story is great, the characters are great, when you die you don't lose your weapons. Those are some of the reasons why I love this game.
  21. Sep 20, 2013
    Now on about the 40th main story mission (stolen the last of 5 cars for a dude) plus done a lot of the "freaks" and other content. After buying 4 back in 2008, and giving up on it inside 90 minutes (I still think it's rubbish I have no sympathy for Niko and hated playing as him. In fact I would love to have played someone to shoot him in the face and end the game then and there when youNow on about the 40th main story mission (stolen the last of 5 cars for a dude) plus done a lot of the "freaks" and other content. After buying 4 back in 2008, and giving up on it inside 90 minutes (I still think it's rubbish I have no sympathy for Niko and hated playing as him. In fact I would love to have played someone to shoot him in the face and end the game then and there when you really despise the character you're playing it's hard to play at all) this game is a complete turn around. Some of the missions are just unbelievable, the size and scope is amazing. Yeah the AI for something this size isn't perfect everywhere, but the gameplay mechanics are fabulous. I'm a PC games, and this is only the second action game I've ever bothered with on console (I much prefer mouse and keyboard most of the time) this is up there is not better than Red Dead (which is the other game I played). The story is hilarious mostly a couple of nasty bits, but mostly really funny. You get to like even the psychotic characters a little.
    Remember this is the "taster" the single player game is the entree to what's coming in a few days. People talk about the game that will topple Warcraft as an MMO? This is it.
    No bull when GTA Online comes out based on this play set this theme park... and with all the other items that are going live and planned over the next 12 months for Online this is the game that will finally challenge WoW for online numbers. And yes expect to pay a little for it either in micro transactions or a sub (probably the former).

My only puzzle is why bring it out on 2 consoles that are going to be obsolete 8 weeks later? Really odd choice. Am I going to have to keep my 360 and PS3 out alongside my Xbox1 and PS4 just to play this game (as neither console offers backwards compatibility)

The other thing here is, AAA studios bringing out GFX candy and open world action games for the new consoles have a benchmark to beat. Hell I can see the reviews now "How come this PS4 game has worse GFX and less to do than GTA V which is a last gen game"?

Conversations like that are going to be all over the place after November 2013 for the next 12 months at least. That's how high GTA 5 sets the bar.
  22. Sep 22, 2013
    God please forgive who didn't give a 10, they only wanted to get attention, one of the greatest games ever made and there's people giving a 0, what's wrong, wtf?
  23. Sep 17, 2013
    Is the GTA most comprehensive of all and the best yet, a video game made ​​to dismiss this generation of consoles, the best game of this generation, a masterpiece.
  24. Jan 9, 2014
    This is Rockstar doing what they do best but I feel they didn't push the boundaries as much as they have in the past. They have such a good record with innovation and fun that expectations were very high and I don't believe they were met, I mean where is the jet pack? The online service does give Rockstar the opportunity to add things and this could help the game stand the test of time andThis is Rockstar doing what they do best but I feel they didn't push the boundaries as much as they have in the past. They have such a good record with innovation and fun that expectations were very high and I don't believe they were met, I mean where is the jet pack? The online service does give Rockstar the opportunity to add things and this could help the game stand the test of time and also really let the players loose with new toys, like a jet pack! Overall I believe this game misses out on a 10 because, for me, there was a real lack of colourful characters to do missions for and I don't believe the story campaign was as long as previous instalments, saying that, the improvements they have made since gta4 make the game just as fun as any other gta and is well worth owning. Expand
  25. Mar 24, 2014
    The evolution of living breathing virtual worlds is incredible. Even if you don't care about the story and all you want to do is absorb the atmosphere, drive around and go sightseeing, then still this game is worth your time. Free roaming in GTA 5 is like going on a virtual vacation.
  26. Sep 17, 2013
    Why do people like to troll the user scores of every single big game is beyond me! Why the jealousy!!? Anyway.. I'm talking as a fan so excuse me if I seem a bit biased, but believe me, this game is PERFECT! It's the best game I have played since Red Dead Redemption! GTA V is so ambitious it might frustrate you! So many things to do, a huuuuuuuuuge map, a very good and long storyline.Why do people like to troll the user scores of every single big game is beyond me! Why the jealousy!!? Anyway.. I'm talking as a fan so excuse me if I seem a bit biased, but believe me, this game is PERFECT! It's the best game I have played since Red Dead Redemption! GTA V is so ambitious it might frustrate you! So many things to do, a huuuuuuuuuge map, a very good and long storyline. Amazing graphics. Everything is perfect! Expand
  27. Sep 17, 2013
    I'm writing this review because I feel I have to. Everyone needs to know how fantastic and incredible this game is. The world is big and beautiful, graphics are gorgeous, characters are very likeable (especially Trevor) and the attention to detail is astounding. This is a must play and rockstar's greatest game of all time. It definitely lives up to the hype. There is just so much to sayI'm writing this review because I feel I have to. Everyone needs to know how fantastic and incredible this game is. The world is big and beautiful, graphics are gorgeous, characters are very likeable (especially Trevor) and the attention to detail is astounding. This is a must play and rockstar's greatest game of all time. It definitely lives up to the hype. There is just so much to say about this game but it will take forever to explain how groundbreaking it really is. If you liked 4 you will absolutely love this one. There is so much to see and do in this living world rockstar has created. Only flaws I've seen are a bit of pop in and very few glitches. It is extremely polished and was well worth the wait. It's games like these that set the bar infinitely high for open world games and proves that rockstar is the king of open world games. It's gonna be hard to beat this game out...even next gen games don't stand a chance against the masterpiece that is gta 5. Expand
  28. Sep 17, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto V is Rockstar's definitive open-world masterpiece, a magnum opus and the culmination of everything Rockstar has created to date. Almost entirely flawless, GTA V is the perfect marriage of story and unhindered freedom to explore, with the promise of hidden secrets scattered across the deserts, hills and wilderness of Blaine County. Boasting planes, trains, automobiles,Grand Theft Auto V is Rockstar's definitive open-world masterpiece, a magnum opus and the culmination of everything Rockstar has created to date. Almost entirely flawless, GTA V is the perfect marriage of story and unhindered freedom to explore, with the promise of hidden secrets scattered across the deserts, hills and wilderness of Blaine County. Boasting planes, trains, automobiles, helicopters, motorcycles, bicycles, parachutes, boats, submarines and a multitude of guns, Grand Theft Auto V is all things to all gamers. It's quite simply perfect in every way. Expand
  29. Sep 20, 2013
    This is such a difficult game to score. It's comfortably the best overall GTA game ever made in my view (note the word "overall"); however, it has just too many minor faults and annoyances to give it the perfect score.

First up graphically, it's a little disappointing. This isn't helped by the incomprehensible decision not to release on the PC simultaneously. There is a fair amount of frame rate issues as they get every last bit of life from the ageing Xbox 360 architecture. The end result is game that looks stretched to the seams.

Secondly, the mini games are by and large a massive disappointment. Tennis is abysmal (they could have taken the mechanics from a famous old Sega Saturn tennis title and placed it in the game wholesale and it would have improved things massively), triathlon is torturous etc. It's a big issue because the mini games should be an entertaining distraction when you want a break from the main game, and an overall addition to the sandbox environment that you should look forward to as you drive past instead, you'll play them once and avoid like the plague.

Third whilst the story is "good", I wouldn't call it a masterpiece of a script. The overall arch is strong enough to maintain interest, and the characters of Michael and particularly Trevor are very strong. The problem is the three character mechanic, which is both a blessing and a curse. It produces a wonderful new play experience, along with a disjointed narrative that jars for the first 10 hours of gameplay until you adjust somewhat.

Other minor nuisances are the reduced car damage physics in comparison to GTA IV (you can hit a truck head on and survive nine times out of ten), the minimap is very primitive and on a "slant" which makes navigation difficult to begin with, certain aspects of the game are poorly explained by the on screen tooltips and the 8GB storage requirement was poorly communicated before release, catching a few consumers out.

But that's pretty much where the faults end and the fact it's easier to list the faults says it all. In fact, I'm clearly nitpicking! Sure, they deserve a mention, but none of the above are game killers and are nowhere near close to being so.

It's the jack of all trades of gaming it takes the best of Skyrim, Red Dead, GTA IV, Saints Row and seemingly every other AAA title this generation has to offer, slaps a beautifully realised world around the core mechanics, covers in delicious social commentary and parody and ultimately serve up a monumental gaming experience to a voracious gaming community.

It's an astonishing entertainment title, but is it the best "game" ever? In my opinion, no in fact, I don't even feel it's the best of its generation. But I can certainly understand those who feel it is, and with the multiplayer to come I have little hesitation in recommending this title to every gamer.
  30. Jun 11, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The GTA series is the best sandbox game out there. Not only is the single mode exciting, lively, full of action, but its also GRREEAAATT. Its online is also a very good part and I think its the best section. You get to create your character buy what you want (earning your money) including cars, apartments, and even clothes! I recommending buying this game right away if you dont already have it. Expand
  31. Dec 30, 2013
    This game is a masterpiece. It is Rockstar's crown jewel and the best of the Grand Theft Auto games in my opinion. I highly recommend this game but I don't recommend it for young kids.
  32. Sep 30, 2013
    GTA V is a technical Masterpiece. It boasts extremely high quality in all its constituent parts; a VAST amount of content and industry leading immersion It is second to none, and without a doubt one of the best 5 games ever made, if not the best.

It is also morally indefensible, violent, crude, stupid and repugnant. It wafts of misogyny and cruelty. It has an irreverent and misplaced sense of humor. And is astoundingly politically incorrect. For once the argument that video games are dangerous, and make people crazy might even be true.

All in all a PERFECT game. Buy it today!

Orctowngrot.
  33. Oct 24, 2013
    GTA 5 is easily the best game of this generation and any review that gives it a 0 is clearly not serious in any way shape or form. Rockstar have created a masterpiece on very ageing systems and have squeezed as much potential that gamers didn't even know existed as this game pushes the boundaries and excels past any title in existence on the 360 and PS3.

The wonderful location, the

The wonderful location, the stunning characters and intriguing story make this an amazing experience. The sheer attention to detail is unreal and the story just flows beautifully. The fun factor combined with the online feature is just brilliant and can be enjoyed for hours day after day.

In terms of longevity; the game does lack once the main story is completed as a solo player. You have a few minor missions which offer little in interest or fun, the mini games tire after a while and most of the city becomes obsolete which is a shame. The customisation isn't quite as in-depth as Saints Row and I feel R* gave a false impression when we assumed you could purchase properties dotted around the city when you only have fixed safe houses. With no gang territories to capture; the City can feel bare on completion so DLC may be a necessity and considering how much of the stunningly detailed city is untouched; I think it's a distinct possibility.

Despite the flaws; this game pushes the consoles to the limit and surpasses anything we've seen in this generation.
  34. Jul 24, 2014
    This game is amazing, they fixed most of the problems we had with GTA IV. What I liked about GTA V 1.Rockstar added some of features from the previous GTA's, and other games created 2. Even though they brought back the arcadish driving, it seems better because the car physics aren't boaty like GTA Iv's. I mean the driving GTA V may not be realistic as IV's but it's feels better. 3. BeingThis game is amazing, they fixed most of the problems we had with GTA IV. What I liked about GTA V 1.Rockstar added some of features from the previous GTA's, and other games created 2. Even though they brought back the arcadish driving, it seems better because the car physics aren't boaty like GTA Iv's. I mean the driving GTA V may not be realistic as IV's but it's feels better. 3. Being able to control Franklin, Michael, Trevor at once was incredible. It was something I haven't seen Rockstar games do before.
    4. The cinematic game play was something I also never seen Rockstar do with GTA. There really any loading screens on the single player, after it loads up, and the cinematic gameplay make mission awesome.
    5. The NPC's, and the characters, are very responsive.
    6. The interactions.
    7. The customizations with the cars.
    8. The weapons being customizable.
    9. The online, was finally something could enjoy without role playing without police crew. Unlike GTA IV where you just drive around in a freemode bored, you actually get stuff done.
    10. The new LS looks amazing, and the whole entire map is huge and beautiful .
    11. The updates

My conclusion:
    GTA V has become my favorite GTA. I really hope rockstar, keeps up the good work. I know little bit of San Andreas fanboys wanted a San Andreas clone, (As usual) but this rules. I still like SA, but I like V more.
  35. Dec 10, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. So this game is basically destroying the game awards season. I have to say it is a really good game, but when I see al the 10s the game has, I have a bit of a sour taste in the mouth. GTA V is the biggest game of 2013, maybe of this generation. The ambitious scope and grandeur of the world of Los Santos created in this game cannot be compared to any other Sandbox Open-World game in the history of video gaming. And yes, Rockstar made it. It took the thoughtful, intriguing storyline type that was put into Red Dead Redemption and took it to GTA V. In other words, Grand Theft Auto was never as big, as compelling and as interesting as before.
    Firstly, let's begin with how much the story was improved. The other Grand Theft Auto were good, but you had to play 20 hours to get to the real core of the story, which lasted around 3 or 4 hours. Grand Theft Auto V starts right out with an interesting premise thanks to its well-crafted characters. Say what you want, but Niko Bellic was flat and his cousin Roman was a "Pain in the Culo". Here, we have a rich, retired, grumpy, 80's nostalgia cinephile called Michael; a generic but down-to-earth gang-banger called Franklin; AND EVERYONE'S FAVORITE, the sick, violent, psychopatHic and mentally doubtful Trevor. How you feel towards this characters is up to you. And the writing in this game is amazing. You will laugh.
    The problem with GTA wasn't in the story nor presentation (It looks good, sorta. It's detailed, pretty, it's not groundbreaking but it's more than enough) but in the missions.
    The principal missions were amazing. Some of them bursted with creativity and originality. And let's not talk about (SPOILERSSSS) the first Heist mission, that was awesome. But then, the Heists loose their complete potential, transforming them in linear missions with almost no player choice at all. Then we have the secondary missions. Some of them follow the path the fun principal missions do, but some others are just plain trash. If your idea of a secondary missions is to spend 20 minutes lifting cars with a crane, then you will welcome this missions with open arms. Me? I rather kill repetitive waves of hillibillies with Trevor.
    Lastly, random events occur around Los Santos. Well let me tell you, most of them, aren't unpredictable. In fact, most of them are the same thing. "Oh, they've stolen me this! Go get the crook!", and you kill the crook and decide to keep the stolen goods or return them to its rightful owner. Some of these have consequences in your playthrough, big, small, do not really care, but they do not feel significant. Except for the other random events, that are only a few, that can affect the storyline. Those are good, but there aren't enough.
    Lastly, there is an online component and...it is good. It is not the absolutely outstanding thing we were promised, and it feels like a money-grabber (EVERYTHING in the game is expensive, and the missions give you very little, forcing you to pay micro-transactions or do "unethical things" to buy the finer things), but it is fun. It's just that the campaign is so much better.
    Anyway, better close this review by saying GTA V is amazing. You will never experience a game like this. It has weak missions, specially on the secondary side, and a "Mass Effect 3" like online component. But hell yeah, KILL HOOKERS!
  36. Sep 17, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto 5 exceeds the boundaries of the outdated current gen consoles that allows for one of the most alive open worlds ever created in the history of gaming.
  37. May 16, 2014
    Very well put together game with great story line, fun missions, there was obviously a lot of effort and money put into this game and it paid off. Very enjoyable game you can get a lot out of it with the online and side missions, or blowing **** up for fun haha. Great game highly recommended.
  38. Apr 27, 2014
    It is rare to find an open world game that not only has a vast array of options for the player, but also has the level of polish that Grand Theft Auto 5 has. The main story may not have the focus that Niko's quest for the American dream had, and there are a few 'nit-picks' I have with Rockstar's choices e.g. flight controls, cheat codes not on phone. However these are small blemishes on anIt is rare to find an open world game that not only has a vast array of options for the player, but also has the level of polish that Grand Theft Auto 5 has. The main story may not have the focus that Niko's quest for the American dream had, and there are a few 'nit-picks' I have with Rockstar's choices e.g. flight controls, cheat codes not on phone. However these are small blemishes on an otherwise stellar video game experience. Expand
  39. Jul 14, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V. Grand Theft Auto is a series that I was waiting to get my hands on ever since I started playing video games, which was back when I was seven. Back in June, I got that chance when I started playing GTA IV. I will review that game later, as I unfortunately have not completed that game's main story missions yet. This is mostly because I got GTA V only a couple of weeksGrand Theft Auto V. Grand Theft Auto is a series that I was waiting to get my hands on ever since I started playing video games, which was back when I was seven. Back in June, I got that chance when I started playing GTA IV. I will review that game later, as I unfortunately have not completed that game's main story missions yet. This is mostly because I got GTA V only a couple of weeks later. So, is this game deserve the 2013...game...of...okay, you know something, forget the intro, you all know what I'm going to say. This is probably one of the greatest games I have ever played, if not the greatest. Everything about this game is amazing, and Rockstar should be proud of themselves for making it. The gameplay of this game is insanely fun. It gives you a massive open world that you are free to explore from the beginning after completing just the first couple of missions. There is so much to do in this open world that it is insane! You can follow the game's story as you do missions, participate in activities in Los Santos such as tennis or watching movies, customize your characters by giving them different clothing and hair cuts, and so much more! Of course, if you want to just go around shooting everything you see, you can do that too. You can also steal and drive cars. The driving in this game is fantastic! I haven't played a game with driving good since Mario Kart. All of the cars handle nicely, and I feel more like it's my own fault that I crashed in this game than in any other game. The shooting in this game is nice too. You can take cover behind pretty much anything in the open world of Los Santos and shoot from behind cover. As stated however, there is a lot more to do in this game than just driving and shooting. You can also play sports, watch movies, go on the internet, or just explore the state of San Andreas. There is also a main story for you to follow, involving three main characters, Michael, Franklin, and Trevor. This brings up another great thing about the gameplay of this game: there are three main characters, and you can switch between them at any time. They aren't different gameplay-wise, other than their special abilities that make them unique such as Franklin's slow-motion driving. However, they more than make up for this with their different personalities, which I will go over in the story section of this review. It is also remarkably bug free, throughout my playthrough of the game's story, I only encountered one bug while I was playing. However, once I died, the game immediately went back to normal. The story missions are all really fun to play despite a few bugs here and there. It is definitely better than Skyrim was with bugs (Skyrim is still amazing, don't get me wrong, but there were several bugs in it). Overall, this game's gameplay is fantastic, no matter how you decide to play it. As for the graphics, not even Far Cry 3 competes with this game's beautiful graphics. That's right. I have found a game that actually looks better than Far Cry 3. This game is about as realistic as graphics in a video game can get. The game's graphics are vibrant, colorful, and perfectly replicate the looks of a city in California, and the Californian countryside. Everything is rich with detail in this game, and beautiful to look at. As for the story, I think I have a new contender for best story in a video game. It might even make BioShock Infinite's story look bad. This game's story takes you across the state of San Andreas with the game's three main characters. There's Michael: a retired bank robber who just wants to be with his family, Trevor: a psychopath who was a former partner of Michael's, and Franklin: an African American who is new to the criminal scene, and just wants to make a lot of money being a criminal. What follows is a story filled with illegal acts, grittiness, humor, and a fun ride from start to finish. Overall, this game's story is one of the greatest I've ever heard in my life. This game really is a fantastic game from start to finish. It is one of...no, it is the greatest game I have ever played. There is not much more that needs to be said. This game is so good, that I just can't put it down, even after completing its story. All I can say is, if you own an Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3, you absolutely need this game. If you don't own it, go buy it now. Just make sure you can take this game's controversial content.
    Gameplay: 10/10
    Graphics: 10/10
    Story: 10/10
    Overall: 10/10
  40. Sep 23, 2013
    Astounding videogame. I am a huge fan of the GTA series and have been for many years now. I came into this game with extremely high expectations and it delivered. The graphics are amazing, especially considering the sheer scale and size of the game. The missions are varied and fun, and there's always something to do. Whether it's racing,hunting,underwater diving,flying airplanes or simplyAstounding videogame. I am a huge fan of the GTA series and have been for many years now. I came into this game with extremely high expectations and it delivered. The graphics are amazing, especially considering the sheer scale and size of the game. The missions are varied and fun, and there's always something to do. Whether it's racing,hunting,underwater diving,flying airplanes or simply going on a murderous rampage. The three protagonists(Michael,Trevor,Franklin) are all interesting and fun to play as. The soundtrack is top notch. The gameplay is fluid and an improvement over previous GTA's. It's just an incredibly fun game to play. I give the game an amazing 9.5/10. Expand
  41. Sep 20, 2013
    Absolutely astounding game, I can't say anything that anyone else hasn't already said, the only reason it doesn't get 10/10 is because of a few simple things, One, the multiplayer isn't out and won't be for another 11 days, so I can't give it a full score as I've not played the full game yet and because of the outrageous claims that this game is "100 Hours Long", which is a bunch of PR IAbsolutely astounding game, I can't say anything that anyone else hasn't already said, the only reason it doesn't get 10/10 is because of a few simple things, One, the multiplayer isn't out and won't be for another 11 days, so I can't give it a full score as I've not played the full game yet and because of the outrageous claims that this game is "100 Hours Long", which is a bunch of PR I got 100% in about 54 hours and I wasn't rushing, That's half the time they claimed, it's more than satisfactory, but why flat out lie? If they'd had said it's "55 hours long" i'd have still been impressed and would not have come out disappointed that it ended as quickly as it did.
    {Spoiler}
    Last is the unskip-able torture scene, while it's crucial and important part of Trevor character development, it isn't very pleasant and makes a lot of people feel uncomfortable, but I feel it has it's place in gaming as it's not condoning torture, by any means, it's showing how idealistic america thinks it is, when this game shows how really unnecessarily brutal it is, this stuff really happens and it's a real reality check to see it in the flesh.
  42. Sep 17, 2013
    .........................................WHY ARE YOU GUYS/LADIES reading my review? You should be BUYING THIS GAME and playing it RIGHT NOW! My review is very simple.. the graphics are...REALISTIC AND PHENOMENAL! The story is EPIC, the gameplay is legendary, the missions are fun, and there is just so much innovation in this game. The Microtransactions are not the GREATEST idea in the world.........................................WHY ARE YOU GUYS/LADIES reading my review? You should be BUYING THIS GAME and playing it RIGHT NOW! My review is very simple.. the graphics are...REALISTIC AND PHENOMENAL! The story is EPIC, the gameplay is legendary, the missions are fun, and there is just so much innovation in this game. The Microtransactions are not the GREATEST idea in the world but at least it is not FORCED upon gamers unlike some games (EA). This game is going to force GAME COMPANIES to work a lot harder on their titles because NOW they have some serious competition! So take ALL of your previous GTA games and just sell them, throw them away or store them away becasue GTA V is all you need everyone! SO WHAT ARE YOU STILL DOING HERE??? BUY THIS GAME NOW!!!! 10/10!! And WHO HAS THE BALLS.... TO RATE THIS MASTERPIECE LOWER THAN A 10?? Oh and Saints Row IV... BEWARE!! Expand
  43. Oct 13, 2013
    The single player campaign is nothing less than superb. That part alone should get 10 out of 10. However the online portion has several large problems with it;

1) The release of online was delayed 2) When it did become active it was over swamped with users 3) When users go online, it crapped out and sometime lost their progress 4) When it did work, there is a lot of random fighting

1) The release of online was delayed
    2) When it did become active it was over swamped with users
    3) When users go online, it crapped out and sometime lost their progress
    4) When it did work, there is a lot of random fighting whether you want it or not. (suggestion 3 settings; passive, friendly, aggressive)
    5) Leveling and money are a joke. People have already found many ways to fake level up, cars, users, money. They really needed to and still need to stop the abuse of the system. I have many suggestions for that.

Even with all those issues, at the end of the day it is still fun
  44. LTR
    Sep 29, 2013
    This game is a masterpiece.The story is fantastic,the characters are awesome,the gameplay is really fun,the missions are really fun and the world is beautiful.
  45. Sep 17, 2013
    Clearly the best GTA game i have ever played. The world's large, massive and amazing. So many features to explore. The Online features makes the game even more amazing. Rockstar Games's best release ever. I appreciate all their hardwork in making a superb game like this Thank you Rockstar Games.
  46. Jan 4, 2014
    Anyone who bought the game for GTA: O should reflect upon their lives.

Anyone who bought the game for GTA: O should reflect upon their lives.

The plot is full of tropes but the performances given by the entire cast are rock solid. GTA V is encrusted with crude dialogue and ultra violent scenarios. Everyone knows what the GTA formula consists of. This time around, it's Los Santos which steals the show. The attention to detailed is unparallelled. GTA V has rendered every other open world game, including it's own installments, obsolete. It is peerless.
  47. Oct 6, 2013
    after around 55-60 hours of GTA V i can definitively say this is the most fun i have had with a videogame in a long time. this game is so many games in one and often does it better than many other straight driving, sports and shooting games. with the addition of a huge story, tonnes of cool and interesting characters, great character customisation and so many things to discover, see and doafter around 55-60 hours of GTA V i can definitively say this is the most fun i have had with a videogame in a long time. this game is so many games in one and often does it better than many other straight driving, sports and shooting games. with the addition of a huge story, tonnes of cool and interesting characters, great character customisation and so many things to discover, see and do within the world i can't recommend it highly enough. Expand
  48. Nov 17, 2013
    GTA is a great game. Let's jump right in on a decent accurate Metacritic review.

Singleplayer GTA single player is great although it's wrong and very violent. The cops have been stepped up and are really hard to get away from. I have had to hide under many bridges to get away from them. The story is one that is NOT for people under the age of 18+ for sure. So parents if your reading

Singleplayer
    GTA single player is great although it's wrong and very violent. The cops have been stepped up and are really hard to get away from. I have had to hide under many bridges to get away from them. The story is one that is NOT for people under the age of 18+ for sure. So parents if your reading this it is a massive place of adult stuff not for 6 year olds.

Multiplayer
    The online is amazing to. It has many features and is one of the best multiplayers around. HOWEVER! The people on that game are ruthless. I spawned in and within 1 hour of gameplay I lost just over 20,000 dollars becuase people do not care about what you want to do in that game. Robbing is fun and recommend doing it to get that 20,000 you lost at the start. It's also very fun. SPOILER ALERT! If you scout around a shop you can find the best route to take. Eg. A petrol station in the Los Santos desert. You can rob it then jump off a bridge into the water. This is will automatically loose the cops and you will gain 1000 dollars!

Overall:
    -Good single player but 18+
    -Funny Bugs Eg. Shark on land.
    -Good Multiplayer
    Score: 91/100
  49. Sep 18, 2013
    I'm seeing a lot of people complaining that this game is "where GTA 4 should have been", and that it's just a sub-par sequel unfortunately placed at the end of a console generation. People saying that GTA5 included things that GTA4 should have had, but they exluded due to laziness, or marketing strategy... What?

First off, this is thee most expensive video game ever made at $266

First off, this is thee most expensive video game ever made at $266 million, whereas GTA4 was right around $100 million. There's a reason that they couldn't include intricacies like planes, semi-truck trailers, or drivable crashable trains; they spent their budget bring it to next-gen hardware, with which they did a remarkable job considering the circumstances.

As far as my 10/10 score, this game has brought all the things I loved from all previous Rockstar games, including Red Dead Redemption's improved movement mechanics and weapon wheel, Max Payne 3's improved shooting mechanics, Midnight Club LA's vehicular customization and on-road handling, GTA4's introduction to the Euphoria engine, and, well... Rockstar's Table Tennis's tennis mechanic (ok the appreciation of that was a joke, but don't be fooled because those methods were still incorporated).

Arguably, the production cost of this game surpassed the $266 million quote we were given just on the sole merit that everything from this game was pulled from the best of their previous games, meaning that Rockstar's entire history of games has been a research and development process just to deliver their magnum opus; Grand Theft Auto 5.

I own a gaming PC, why? For insane graphics. Am I complaining about the graphics on the 360? No. I, unlike many PC enthusiast wannabes, understand that the visuals that are able to be pumped out on an elderly console generation is... miraculous. Considering the limitations, the aesthetics are beyond amazing, and it was breathtaking when I drove into Los Santos for the first time from the mountains.

There are only two minor complaints that I have, but not enough to ding my score of the game. 1) the mountains surrounding Los Santos appear to be a little less detailed that I would have thought. It's a tiny bit immersion-removing because when you're walking or driving on it, it feels like a polygon with a grass texture, rather than a mountain. 2) The transition time between the playable characters takes roughly 3-4 times longer than advertised on the gameplay trailer. It zooms out quickly, moves over quickly, but then sits there for 5-10 seconds while it loads and populates the area before zooming in.

Overall, I think it is thee most memorable game I will have ever played, and arguably the best game ever made.
  50. Dec 19, 2013
    Absolutely the first GTA since San Andreas that I can't find a fault in, just awesome game and only complaint is the radio isn't quite as good as I thought it would be. Characters are well thought out but I do miss the Celebrity Cameos but I'll forgive that, worth the wait!!!!
  51. Nov 10, 2014
    In every measurable sense, this is the greatest GTA game of all time. Sure, you may prefer the 80s vibe of Vice City or the more varied landscape of San Andreas but GTA V is the first game in the series that actually has missions that are more fun than frustrating. In previous incarnations, the missions were so annoying I spent most of my time just exploring the cities rather than tryingIn every measurable sense, this is the greatest GTA game of all time. Sure, you may prefer the 80s vibe of Vice City or the more varied landscape of San Andreas but GTA V is the first game in the series that actually has missions that are more fun than frustrating. In previous incarnations, the missions were so annoying I spent most of my time just exploring the cities rather than trying to complete my objectives. GTA V not only adds a reasonable checkpoint system but also finally introduces some variety. Instead of the repetitive "drive here, drive there" missions in previous entries, GTA V actually makes you feel like you're part of a heist. Nothing goes to plan of course, but that's part of the fun of GTA! What really makes this game stand out is the online mode. Nothing is more fun than hopping in a car with your buddy and cruising around Las Santos looking to cause some mayhem. Expand
  52. Oct 15, 2013
    just f****ng amazing
    a masterpiece
    very funny game
    i done all missions of the game
    simply the best as all the rocksrar games
    it's very coll, cop's scape, assaults, races, and more
  53. Oct 17, 2013
    Grand theft auto 5 is an outstanding game there's so much to donuts amazing best xbox 360 and it's just great you must own it now I recommend you to go and buy this game.
  54. Sep 26, 2013
    Así que nada es suficiente
    Y que yo soy la que miente
    Y que todo tú me diste
    Que tú siempre me quisiste
    Que tú nunca hiciste nada
    Que soy yo la que te hace sufrir

Y le dices a la gente
    Que me buscas que me quieres
    Que sin mí de amor te mueres
    Y que solo son rumores
    Que fue todo un error
    Que por eso ahora estás así
    Suplicando que te escuche
    Y diciendo que todo cambió
  55. Oct 19, 2013
    Easily the best game of all-time. But I am confused.... why would it be "COD fan-boys" giving the game a zero bringing down the metacritic average? I LOVED Modern Warfare 2 and 3 (cannot stand black ops games as they are not remotely the same in feel or gameplay)... not because I am a fanboy, but rather that they are perfect games, unlike BF3, whereby you have fun and cannot hide in theEasily the best game of all-time. But I am confused.... why would it be "COD fan-boys" giving the game a zero bringing down the metacritic average? I LOVED Modern Warfare 2 and 3 (cannot stand black ops games as they are not remotely the same in feel or gameplay)... not because I am a fanboy, but rather that they are perfect games, unlike BF3, whereby you have fun and cannot hide in the pause menu or in the corner of the map for five hours, like BF3, with its 720p graphics, appalling sound, and community of knobs and noobs.... The only concession I must make, and it's a BIGGIE, is that MW2 and 3 are now overrun by hackers, which Infinity Ward and Activision are not removing, making their product defunct and unplayable.... because I paid for both games and elite, I truly believe a class action law suit should be initiated by consumers to bring them to their knees and bankrupt them, to send a message to all game makers not to disrespect their consumers and the reason for their entire existence.

By "fanboys" I think you mean astute gamers who know what they like. I am one of them... and I loved this game (GTA V)...

To suggest that lovers of COD would want to troll GTA V seems weird to me... what is the motivation? BF3 and other fanboy trolls will again ruin the MW: Ghosts score and it will be about 70 when should be 90, so it is not as if they are hoping to have the Ghosts score be higher as it simply never will be, and this game will just naturally be better because, as I said, it is the greatest game of all-time... objectively and subjectively observed & decided-upon...

This game is a 10/10. But then, like me, if you lost a character in the online portion, and I did, that will create some anger which will take a while to subside. Those guys had harsh luck and understandable pain with GTA V... none of this has anything to do with COD.... or being gay.. "butt hurts"?? Gee, I wish ten year old homophobic, catch-phrase-obsessed Americans would leave this space free for intelligent reviews and opinions. Just die already, seriously...

GTA V is the best PS3 and current-gen game of all-time. Easily. This COD fan boy thinks so anyway...... and if others don't, I fail to see why their COD-love (only newbies on COD or unco relentless runners or run/diers as they are known hate COD games) is relevant to any hate of GTA V.
    GTA V is not even an fps. Like, for f***'s sake....

Fanboyism without purpose or logic, is both tragic, but also largely non-existent and the figment of other fan-boy's imaginations. Sad but true. The negative nancys are not COD fanboys, but rather just bitter, sexually-frustrated, immature idiots with too much time and too little sense.... they hate because they chose to love the wrong game, or because they have not being able to get hold of this game and choose to hate so they are not missing out. It is all embarrassingly Freudian..... but since few gamers are older like me.... most are too young, dumb and full of cum, to even be aware of them humiliating themselves in spurts of ignored irrelevance.

And that be the truth, Ruth.
  56. Sep 17, 2013
    This game is the mutts nuts. Got it last night after queuing for half an hour was worth the wait. Rockstar north have done it again. Scotland should be proud. I loved gta 4 and this looks to be even bigger and better everything has been tweaked. Pisses me of when I see negative user review on here because its not on pc YET! It will be calm down. Just like gta 4 was later on. SoThis game is the mutts nuts. Got it last night after queuing for half an hour was worth the wait. Rockstar north have done it again. Scotland should be proud. I loved gta 4 and this looks to be even bigger and better everything has been tweaked. Pisses me of when I see negative user review on here because its not on pc YET! It will be calm down. Just like gta 4 was later on. So stop being ridiculous. That's like me leaving a revew on witcher 2 because it didnt come onto the 360 at the same time as pc. It's stupid grow up children. This is a great game. Expand
  57. Jul 30, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V is an exhilarating game that is a must play. The story is quite good that has a nice twist to it, the missions are very fun and action packed, and the characters have their own unique personalities. I do like that each character is doing an activity or has selected a different wardrobe because it feels like that they actually have a life to live outside of when youGrand Theft Auto V is an exhilarating game that is a must play. The story is quite good that has a nice twist to it, the missions are very fun and action packed, and the characters have their own unique personalities. I do like that each character is doing an activity or has selected a different wardrobe because it feels like that they actually have a life to live outside of when you control them. This Grand Theft Auto has a nice balance between story missions and free roam, and there are a lot to do in each. As opposed to Grand Theft Auto IV the player actually has property to buy and that property generates income and another improvement is the driving, it's a whole lot better. The online portion of the game is amazing too. It's a blast to goof off with friends in free roam and do some missions or racing together. Grand Theft Auto V is an amazing free roam game that has tons of things to do and you'll be playing it for hours upon hours. Expand
  58. Oct 4, 2014
    An absolutely amazing game. Takes every great aspect of other Rockstar titles and combines them into one awesome package. Gameplay, mission variety, atmosphere, graphics, voice acting ETC, are all top notch.
  59. Sep 17, 2013
    A staggeringly beautiful, impeccably voice-acted, amazingly fluid and incredibly fun game, GTA V is not just a great Grand Theft Auto game which is a very high complement in itself but possibly the greatest video game ever made. The game-play is faultless and sets the already high bar far above its competition. For five years, we have witnessed rival franchises like Saints Row andA staggeringly beautiful, impeccably voice-acted, amazingly fluid and incredibly fun game, GTA V is not just a great Grand Theft Auto game which is a very high complement in itself but possibly the greatest video game ever made. The game-play is faultless and sets the already high bar far above its competition. For five years, we have witnessed rival franchises like Saints Row and Watchdogs expand dangerously close into GTA's territory, but GTA V completely trumps these relatively uninnovative series and shows the world how the GTA series is not just incredibly fun and an escapist's dream, but also a work of art of the 21st century. 10/10. Expand
  60. Oct 3, 2013
    It comes to a point where "gaming", has evolved, it has evolved into something, not better, nor worse, but something different, Grand Theft Auto 5 it's the branch and justification on how games can, and will, talk about society at a whole other level, or even revolutionize the way we see technology to this date.

Grand theft auto does not only jokes and critiques the whole, "american

Grand theft auto does not only jokes and critiques the whole, "american society" as we know it, but at the same time adds up several different in game mechanics and tweaks them like no other open world game ever has.
    One of the best things that Gta V increases it's his magnitude of the three dimensional world that presents to you by the name of "Los Santos", it's massive and each different area feels unique and special in it's on way. You don't necessarily need to be playing on a scripted sequence nor a unscripted sequence to enjoy the vast array that the city of Los Santos has to offer.

Every activity, or mission, depending on how you want to call them, feels fresh and new, this happens because of the different areas where missions develop and present themselves, while at the same time keeping it's charm with crisp new dialog, every time you jump back in a different occasion into them. They really assimilate an illusion, and a reality that represents perfectly the effort and love that was put in the making of this "game".
    The missions and the characters are written and presented perfectly to, every single one of the main and co stars that appear in the game are lovable, and sometimes even identifiable, this adds up a huge feel of immersion that no other game manages to accomplish at such a scale as this game has.

The game has his fare share of problems too, though most of them could give you the appearance that are mistakes that could've been fixed in a quick and efficient way, the vast majority of them tend to be there, for really complex reasons, that really make you question the design choices, that the team at Rockstar's headquarters had in their mind. Some of the missions feel, completely and utterly silly, and unnecessary, while some other feel extremely unique, and satisfying to accomplish. The real beauty of the game comes from the sense of maturity that handles, and the way it those it, the game it's mature for several different aspects and subjects that the game handles, and the way it handles them. They never feel unnecessary or dull, they always feel with a purpose and a reason in behind them being there, it's perfect while at the same time keeping the integrity of the criminality, and the brutality, of the reality, that some of this characters manage to have.

Gta V never manages to break the experience and the illusion of being part of this terrible reality that can and will most of the times be comparable to our own society and the way it affects each single type of person, no matter what your political preferences are, or if you hate violence in entertainment, Gta V will always shine as being one of the best works of criminal entertainment and art, that has ever reached into our circle of appreciable culture, it's beautiful, terrifying, and brutal at the same time, Gta V it's a masterpiece, and a must play of anyone that has an interest in the series until now.
  61. Oct 12, 2013
    There are only 2 kinds of people that dislike GTA V: Those who have too much pride in themselves to give any game a good score, and those kids who doesnt' own the game but read the former's opinions. Let me tell you something guys, as an average gamer, i rercommend that YOU MUST PLAY THIS GAME,IGNORE THE HATERS, IT'S A MASTERPIECE. From the vast areas of mountains and plains to the hugeThere are only 2 kinds of people that dislike GTA V: Those who have too much pride in themselves to give any game a good score, and those kids who doesnt' own the game but read the former's opinions. Let me tell you something guys, as an average gamer, i rercommend that YOU MUST PLAY THIS GAME,IGNORE THE HATERS, IT'S A MASTERPIECE. From the vast areas of mountains and plains to the huge and busy city of Los Santos, there is always a bunch load of details, and the innovating story line is an instant classic. As long as you appreciate what GTA V brings you, you will never get bored in this nicely done sequel of GTA IV, by the hands of our talented developers from Rockstar. Seriously guys, BUY IT, PLAY IT, LOVE IT! Expand
  62. Sep 18, 2013
    This game is better than San Andreas, and that's one hell of an accomplishment. Grand Theft Auto V sets the standard (once again) for open world games. This is the best from all Rockstar games in one package. The combat from Red Dead Redemption/Max Payne 3, the customization from San Andreas, and of course the beautiful graphics and the Euphoria physics engine. Can't wait until GTA OnlineThis game is better than San Andreas, and that's one hell of an accomplishment. Grand Theft Auto V sets the standard (once again) for open world games. This is the best from all Rockstar games in one package. The combat from Red Dead Redemption/Max Payne 3, the customization from San Andreas, and of course the beautiful graphics and the Euphoria physics engine. Can't wait until GTA Online comes out October 1st. Game of the century. Expand
  63. Sep 20, 2013
    Well now that I have at least played 15 hours I have to say that this game does not disappoint. It is the biggest well though out open world game I have ever played. It truly deserves the praise it is getting and more to come when Online finally releases.
  64. Jan 18, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V is a behemoth to worship. It's story, it's characters, it's pure originality makes one of the best videogames ever made. Sure there was a huge mess up with GTA Online, but Rockstar was not prepared for the obvious appreciation of the game. I do agree the game should have been focused on a little longer, but at the same time i'm glad I have it in my hands and can play itGrand Theft Auto V is a behemoth to worship. It's story, it's characters, it's pure originality makes one of the best videogames ever made. Sure there was a huge mess up with GTA Online, but Rockstar was not prepared for the obvious appreciation of the game. I do agree the game should have been focused on a little longer, but at the same time i'm glad I have it in my hands and can play it with my friends. It will be played for years to come just like GTA IV and I can't wait. 9/10 Excellent. Expand
  65. Mar 1, 2014
    Amazing game, I think it was the best game of 2013, but what I liked was a bit of physical and also removed the internet café. But the scenery, vehicles, animals and missions that struck me were great, with good design, and you see that Rockstar Games worked hard to create this smash hit game.
  66. Mar 28, 2014
    The most influencial gameplay that i've ever played! With three-time anti hero, Los Santos had never been better, with the Gangsters, Bank Robber, and the psychopath guy which was three-time awesome. The system was really awesome with the core mechanic and 10 times kicking than Grand Theft Auto IV!
  67. May 30, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V makes Hot Coffee look like ghost, the amount of nudity, drug uses, swearing and pretty much everything is here and it some how pulls it off with the great graphics and being good, the characters are something to care about, the heists are amazing (Certainly the Paleto Bay Heist) and a superb variety of stuff to spend on unlike GTA IV which lacked on stuff to buy.
    The
    The only thing that ruins the GTA V experience is GTA Online, its not totally terrible, but it lacks on GTA V stuff, we haven't got the stuff we were promised and it is still buggy.

GTA V = 10/10
    With GTA Online = 9.2/10
  68. Oct 20, 2013
    I love this game so much i get a fast car and take Franklin's dog out for a ride during the nighttime because the night/day cycle is very realistic and looks amazing the characters are great there are now a wide variety of weapons to choose from that you can attach mods on it such as a Grip, Suppressor, Extended mag etc... there are now heists witch are not really new because previous GTAI love this game so much i get a fast car and take Franklin's dog out for a ride during the nighttime because the night/day cycle is very realistic and looks amazing the characters are great there are now a wide variety of weapons to choose from that you can attach mods on it such as a Grip, Suppressor, Extended mag etc... there are now heists witch are not really new because previous GTA installments have had Heists but these ones are so good and cinematic but a couple are just boring and cars are able to be customized even more. The land of San Andreas is more bigger adding more Forests and a bigger desert than GTA: SA and with online you will never get bored of this game! And i can't wait for the next gen GTA to come out i bet it will be big as hell! Expand
  69. Dec 13, 2013
    This game is nothing short of amazing! I have never been so pleased with a game before. This game is fun, original, and adds an entire new level to the open platform of gaming. The guys at volition making saints row should have sat quietly and taken notes. This game has delivered over 36 hours of partial story line and extras I have played so far and i'm sure ill put about 100 more hoursThis game is nothing short of amazing! I have never been so pleased with a game before. This game is fun, original, and adds an entire new level to the open platform of gaming. The guys at volition making saints row should have sat quietly and taken notes. This game has delivered over 36 hours of partial story line and extras I have played so far and i'm sure ill put about 100 more hours before it turns 1 year old. This game brings it all to the table, and for lovers of a previous GTA title, this game has proved to be better and keeps on improving. They put the time into this one, and put the money into making it something enjoyable. In terms of entertainment you will not be disappointing or bored. If i could i would have rated this above a 10. Expand
  70. Oct 23, 2013
    You know that feeling you get... that sad feeling you get when Christmas day is over and you realize that the day you've anticipated for so long has come and gone? That's how I felt when the credits started rolling when I completed GTA 5. This is actually the first GTA I've played. Yes, there are shocking moments, but this game is a masterpiece. It's my guilty pleasure for sure. The storyYou know that feeling you get... that sad feeling you get when Christmas day is over and you realize that the day you've anticipated for so long has come and gone? That's how I felt when the credits started rolling when I completed GTA 5. This is actually the first GTA I've played. Yes, there are shocking moments, but this game is a masterpiece. It's my guilty pleasure for sure. The story is awesome and the gameplay is so fun. Worth every penny and more. Expand
  71. Sep 22, 2013
    I have never played a game more immersive or ambitious than Grand Theft Auto V. This is easily not only one of the best video games of this generation, but of all time.
  72. Jun 21, 2014
    Never in my life have I been so satisfied with the completion of a Grand Theft Auto game. The three alternate endings make your decisions rattle around in your head for days. A truly fantastic installment in the GTA with refreshing game-play, fantastic and responsive controls and a beautiful open world at your fingertips. Welcome to Los Santos.
  73. Sep 21, 2013
    Its GTA its back and its definitely worth the purchase!
    You will cry you will laugh and you will be shocked through the 30+ hours playing this
    There is so much things to do and i swear you will never be bored playing this If it`s one thing i can think of that`s bad it`s the fist combat but it`s not really a big thing since the game does n`t center around it. Now for the low reviews
    Its GTA its back and its definitely worth the purchase!
    There is so much things to do and i swear you will never be bored playing this
    Now for the low reviews this game has been given by
    Wanderlei
    kjm1986
    KriticalChaos
    flax0174
    javaleno
    You all can kiss my ass and f off with the score you are giving this, this game deserves the praise and hype and is more the worth the admission price!
    The fact you all are giving this such a weak score is cuz you are all most likely a pc elitist and want it on the pc. The score you guys are giving it is more suited for "ride to hell" because that is a piece of sit game.Not this!! So f you all!
    To everyone else i say buy this game it`s just amazing!!
  74. Jan 25, 2014
    This game is just amazing. It may have violent things in it, nudity, blood, gore, and all that, but its only a game. Stop being so butt hurt about it, its not a real person doing this, its just a game for people to have fun on, and enjoy themselves. There's so much fun stuff to do, including the online mode, which is just amazing, so is single player, It is so fun, and if you are angry,This game is just amazing. It may have violent things in it, nudity, blood, gore, and all that, but its only a game. Stop being so butt hurt about it, its not a real person doing this, its just a game for people to have fun on, and enjoy themselves. There's so much fun stuff to do, including the online mode, which is just amazing, so is single player, It is so fun, and if you are angry, take it out on this game by doing the violent things in it, if you just want to have fun, so, get it. Plus, kids should be able to play this game, its not like they will do that in real life! Expand
  75. Sep 17, 2013
    for those who give 0's and 3's, please check yourselves in a mental institute, do something good for mankind!! this game is the new benchmark for open world games, if not the best open world game of this generation and previous too. the only downside for me is, this game is so packed with content and my time to play isnt ilimited, i started to play and looked at the clock, it was 9hfor those who give 0's and 3's, please check yourselves in a mental institute, do something good for mankind!! this game is the new benchmark for open world games, if not the best open world game of this generation and previous too. the only downside for me is, this game is so packed with content and my time to play isnt ilimited, i started to play and looked at the clock, it was 9h later..... and i barely did 6 out of 69 main missions xD i see many PC gamers just being juvenile, well i do own a high-end PC too, ps3 too and obviously 360, but when i hear "pc is huge market" well........ it proves the ignorance..... yes PC is hardware superior, no doubts but as gaming platform it have a very tiny slice, meanwhile you see games selling 3/5m on each console platform, on PC you'll see 200k PC is expensive to build and its very troublesome regarding bugs and glitches....... Expand
  76. Sep 29, 2013
    The Best Rockstar game ever! Only problems are frame-rate and load times. as well the online isnt up yet but thats better than the game being delayed. anyone who complains about that should have known already and is sour they are uneducated. graphics are outstanding for a game this size. dont know how they managed to fit all those polygons on the 360. anyone who complains about graphicsThe Best Rockstar game ever! Only problems are frame-rate and load times. as well the online isnt up yet but thats better than the game being delayed. anyone who complains about that should have known already and is sour they are uneducated. graphics are outstanding for a game this size. dont know how they managed to fit all those polygons on the 360. anyone who complains about graphics has no clue how CG is generated and should be banned from game reviews. Expand
  77. Sep 17, 2013
    One truly must laugh at the sheer volume of collected butthurts this butthurt trap has caught. User trolls galore. There is a guy writing the same review word for word with a few minor changes on seperate accounts just to downrank the games user score. I assure you trolls, this game won't be brought down by the same technique that brought others down. There are far more supporters of thisOne truly must laugh at the sheer volume of collected butthurts this butthurt trap has caught. User trolls galore. There is a guy writing the same review word for word with a few minor changes on seperate accounts just to downrank the games user score. I assure you trolls, this game won't be brought down by the same technique that brought others down. There are far more supporters of this game than there are thumbsucking PC gamers who didn't get the game. Sucks for you guys though LOL. anyway, this game is so far fantastic. So much more bright than gta 4 More variety a better characters, just better. Amazing. Hilarious. Buy it. Expand
  78. Sep 17, 2013
    The journey of the three protagonists and their pursuit of the dollar in the beautiful, sun-drenched state of San Andreas is a breath taking experience. Quite simply put, this is the best video game I have played for the current generation of consoles.

EDIT: It seems as though the user score is being attacked by disgruntled PC fans, or possibly, fans of an equally GOTY deserving

EDIT:

It seems as though the user score is being attacked by disgruntled PC fans, or possibly, fans of an equally GOTY deserving title. For the time being, disregard the user score.
  79. Sep 30, 2013
    GTA V is a giant masterpiece with close to no faults. It takes at least 80 hours to complete to 100%, the story is engaging, although a bit worse than GTA IV. Graphics are also impressive considering the age of Xbox and the scope of GTA. And it all runs fairly fluidly! Everyone should pick up this masterpiece. Everyone will find something to love (except butthurt PC fanboys).
  80. Sep 21, 2013
    I'm not understanding the poor reviews of some of these people on here. Either they are PC gamers, or people just giving the stupidest reasons to give this game a lesser score. One review I read somebody was complaining about the lack of roller coasters in the game and not being able to go shark fishing and docked it 2 points and gave it an 8. Are you f***ing kidding me?

IMO, GTA V is

IMO, GTA V is arguably the best GTA and is one of the best games I've ever played. The world is gorgeous. Looking at the texture of the water while driving a boat or jet ski is just mesmerizing and fun. Or riding a dirt bike up the massive mountain in the game is great to just look at the beautiful scenery of the mountain and the wilderness. Then at the top you look down at the cities and can see buildings 6 miles away. Not to mention the explosions are fascinating to see. The lighting is insane. Walking under a tree you can see the shadow of a leaf on your shoulder almost perfectly like if it was real life. Besides a couple textures that looked a little weak, the game is a graphical beauty!

The switching between 3 protagonist is revolutionary. All 3 have their own contacts, clothes they can buy, hairstyles to buy at barber shops, types of missions, skills, lifestyles, etc. I have nothing in common with Trevor who is a hillbilly trash. But he is too damn funny and interesting and I enjoy playing as him just like Franklin and Michael.

The driving is way more intense and more of a racing feel than the boat like driving in GTA IV. It reminds me of Midnight Club LA in a way. The gunplay is way better than GTA IV too because it brings Red Dead and Max Payne elements together and creates intense firefights. The cover system is VASTLY improved as well and is your best friend in firefights.

There is tons of stuff to do between the three characters like customize cars, buy real estate, racing, pick up nice ladies at strip clubs and streets, meet random strangers, etc, and a big huge San Andreas to explore.

The only drawbacks I can think of are the car collisions, which don't deform the car as much as in GTA IV. And the popping up of the environment at certain points of the game. Some people complain about frame rate but I haven't noticed anything.

To most gamers, this game is like heroin. Very addictive and fun. Well worth the budget and years making it. Hopefully I helped.
  81. Sep 22, 2013
    No nead to ower rate I was like. But then... I saw metacritic score. This game is by far can NOT be the 2nd best game of al time after Legend of Zelda Occarina of time. This isn't that good. Its realy great but its max 9.5/10 great. How can this? Pass Half Life serries. Its just unacceptable. I would give 0 out of 10 but I am not a butthurt fanboy. The game is great But seriusly not in theNo nead to ower rate I was like. But then... I saw metacritic score. This game is by far can NOT be the 2nd best game of al time after Legend of Zelda Occarina of time. This isn't that good. Its realy great but its max 9.5/10 great. How can this? Pass Half Life serries. Its just unacceptable. I would give 0 out of 10 but I am not a butthurt fanboy. The game is great But seriusly not in the top 10 best games of all time list Expand
  82. Nov 8, 2013
    GTA 5 goes where no other grand theft auto game has gone. The online feels sort of like an MMO and all the things you can do with your friends is just limitless. The single player is good; not as good as GTA 4, but multiplayer is where its at. Rockstar is doing everything in its power to fix any issues with online service and for that I give Grand Theft Auto a 10/10. This game can easilyGTA 5 goes where no other grand theft auto game has gone. The online feels sort of like an MMO and all the things you can do with your friends is just limitless. The single player is good; not as good as GTA 4, but multiplayer is where its at. Rockstar is doing everything in its power to fix any issues with online service and for that I give Grand Theft Auto a 10/10. This game can easily be the game of the decade. Expand
  83. Dec 23, 2013
    A lot of fun! So much to do, so many places to explore this game is worth they money. It's a little bit disappointing that Rockstar made this game PS3 and Xbox 360 in mind consoles that are at the end of their life. Had they made the graphics and all PS4 in mind this would be a full 10/10 game! Still, I'll be getting this for my PC later when it comes out. Solid action game.
  84. Jan 21, 2014
    Best game I have played!

Ratings:

Graphics: 9/10

Storyline: 7/10

Gameplay: 10/10

Characters: 10/10

Instead of buying a next gen console and replacing it, go ahead and buy this for the next year or two!
  85. Mar 19, 2014
    Perfect, perfect,perfect....one of the best game ever made of all time...awesome story,graphics,voice actors,gameplay,missions,characters,MULTIPLAYER...EVERYTHING....just one thing pissed me off in this game...there is no gang wars or steal stash (just like tlad and tbogt did)...execpt that...it's an amazing game..you cant missed...
  86. Oct 3, 2014
    This games is absolutely amazing. Rockstar really put their effort into this game and made it a living game. Unlike grand theft auto 4 this game has more features more updates and more weapons to interact with. Rockstar I don't recommend u to make another grand theft auto because this one was the best,just keep doing those updates and start a new series. GREAT JOB!!!
  87. Nov 7, 2013
    It is a great game actually the best game in Quality terms that I ever played. The world is that detailed that you would concider it art in a technical sense, not in an intellectual way, though it is a nice satire on nowadays society like the Simpsons for example.
  88. Sep 17, 2013
    Best game ever, bar none. I will be playing this for years to come, and there is still gta online to come yet and complete masterpiece in gaming, and the best gta game.
  89. Sep 20, 2013
    While Grand Theft Auto V adds so much more it also takes some things away that may disappoint and frustrate. So back to Los Santos and San Andreas after 9 long years. So is Grand Theft Auto V better than San Andreas? Nope. It lacks the magic that San Andreas had and the story isn't as good. So is it better than Grand Theft Auto IV? Debatable, depends on what you like. The story isn't asWhile Grand Theft Auto V adds so much more it also takes some things away that may disappoint and frustrate. So back to Los Santos and San Andreas after 9 long years. So is Grand Theft Auto V better than San Andreas? Nope. It lacks the magic that San Andreas had and the story isn't as good. So is it better than Grand Theft Auto IV? Debatable, depends on what you like. The story isn't as good as Grand Theft Auto IV. So does it have better graphics? Being a 32yr old console gamer who has been gaming since gaming began, i can tell you that GTAV not only looks better, 95% of it looks incredible. It really is amazing that this game runs on current gen, what with the insane ammount of content, detail and huge map. It really is the most ambitious game ever created and shows how Rockstar North in the UK are head and shoulders above all other developers by a loooong way. So i said 95% looks incredible, but what about the other 5%? The 5% that doesn't look "as great" is the grass and muddy terrain in the blaine country areas. The wooden shacks etc remind me of the game Alan Wake, but it looks better than Alan Wake (and Alan Wake looks amazing) the grass and mud etc look better than Alan wake, and the trees and foliage look wayyyy better. Also flowers, bushes and long grass will part or flatten when you run through or over them. It's full of neat little touches as usual. Everything else looks incredibly detailed, even butterflies have great detail. The lighting, weather effects and water is just insanely good. So many different types of water and you can't tell where one ends and other begins (Far Cry 3 i'm looking at you) everything is connected smoothley with no visible join lines at all. Even the animals look and move great, as do the characters etc. The thunder and lightning weather effects will make you spill your tea. So does it resemble San Andreas? A little bit. Obviously Rockstar added the character Franklin (who resembles CJ) and the baller gangs etc to add that nostalgic San Andreas feel. The map itself is totally different though, so you won't find too many locations from San Andreas in GTAV apart from the Las Venturas sign and other main landmarks. Gameplay is the same but refined to make things much more fluid and smooth, animations and everything are top notch. While GTAIV went down the serious road, GTAV goes down the fun San Andreas road, which is great and a lot of fun like San Andreas. Audio is also incredible, especially through home cinema system, everything feels and sounds so alive it's impressive. There are also plenty of radio stations and hidden British humour hidden around the map and on the radio stations and TV etc as per usual. The story isn't the best, it's a bit hit and miss and often contradicts itself which is a shame. And some of the voice acting is a bit poo, although fantastic for the most part. For instance, while escaping from the cops my passenger often yelled that the cops were still on us. My character Michael responded with the same 2 lines over and over far too much "Relax i can handle it" "I'll handle this" it became annoying real quick as he repeated those 2 lines every second or so for 3 or 4 minutes. The way he says it is bad voice work too. Luckily it hasn't happened anywhere else in the game mind. So, on to other problems? This is a BIG killer for me. The cardamage has been scaled wayyyyyyy down from GTAIV. The damage in GTAIV was impressive and perfect. In GTAV the cars can take way more punishment and often come out with no signs of damage, even when rolling down a moutain or colliding head on with another car. There is damage, skirts, bonnets and doors will fall off, it just takes a hell of a lot to get them to fall off. You can hit a another car real hard only for the glass to smash and leave nothing but a scratch or broken headlight on both cars. This is a real anoyyance for me. I loved how the cars crumpled up so realisticly in GTAIV. So hopefully Rockstar will make a patch to correct it. It really is bad! Also bike handling is bordering on laughable. Quad bikes hand just like San Andreas, while Motor Cross and other bikes handle real arcady and similar to Driv3r. This spoils it for me as the bikes were always my favourite mode of transportation, but now i hate them. A lot of people have complained about the car handling. I can see why they complain as it is similar but twitchy/arcadey, but i personally got used to the cars real quick, it's just the bikes i can't get sed too. All cars have their own handling style too. Another little anoyyance for me is when driving head on in traffic. In GTAIV they bipped their horns and flashed their lights. In GTAV they just bip their horn. Considering the GTA franchise prides itself on adding as much detail as possible, little details like this are missed, especially when they were in GTAIV. I've found myself missing a few little details from GTAIV like that. Patch the damage and Bike handling etc and this gets a 10. Expand
  90. Nov 25, 2013
    The game is perfect, graphics that approach the next-gen,comfortable gameplay the only bad thing was the history, well basically it's quite a bad history compared to the Grand Theft Auto IV well but still not a bad history for me,it's quite nice to recruit people for do scores and the full GTA personalization that we have been waiting so long. Well it's a must-have Xbox 360/PS3 game.
    Ahh
    Ahh and the online have a lot of errors and it is quite buggy too.( But it still a funny mode
  91. Dec 24, 2013
    A great comeback for the series after what I believed to be a largely disappointing 4th installment, alot of improvements made and I had a blast from start to finish.

I didn't find alot of replay value in it however and after I completed the story found no reason to go back.
  92. Nov 5, 2013
    Great game. GTA Online is really the only thing you can play though after you beat the story. Once you beat the story GTA 5 becomes Retirement Simulator 2013.
  93. Oct 5, 2013
    Beautifully designed masterpiece, a quality game that really shows the true workmanship of Rockstar Games. The story is beautifully written and had me immersed at all times, the action was non-stop from the get go and the Online feature just takes the best things out of single player and combines the fun with your friends. Can't wait to see what Rockstar Games does next! Oh and btw, weBeautifully designed masterpiece, a quality game that really shows the true workmanship of Rockstar Games. The story is beautifully written and had me immersed at all times, the action was non-stop from the get go and the Online feature just takes the best things out of single player and combines the fun with your friends. Can't wait to see what Rockstar Games does next! Oh and btw, we need a good PC version! Expand
  94. Feb 11, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V successfully takes us back into the new viewpoints of San Andreas,meanwhile digging deeper into its concepts and determination of the darker side of the American Dream. It may not capture the dark manners that the stories of Niko Bellic and John Marston pushed, but it also blown our minds by expanding a cool non-linear narrative structure for its three leads (Trevor isGrand Theft Auto V successfully takes us back into the new viewpoints of San Andreas,meanwhile digging deeper into its concepts and determination of the darker side of the American Dream. It may not capture the dark manners that the stories of Niko Bellic and John Marston pushed, but it also blown our minds by expanding a cool non-linear narrative structure for its three leads (Trevor is honestly the greatest, but also, the most violent of them all) and combining them with amazing mechanics, totally superb activities, improved driving and gunplay (go play Midnight Club or Red Dead Redemption), and
    the mind-blowing sights of a sun-soaked metropolis struggling to survive by being occupied by TV and pleasure, but messed by wiseguys and self-help gurus. If the sequel is about the darker side of the American Dream, then GTA V explains it more by explaining the cruel reality of the American Dream by further explaining that it does make cruel fun of what is most important: sex, violence, drugs, mayhem, corruption, misogyny, torture, psychopathic, and the pursuit of the mighty American dollar bill. By all of that, Grand Theft Auto V is still everything we all want to expect: beautiful, brutal, sexy, high, disturbing,
    and somehow highly expanded, partially due to activities, improvements, and the wealth of fortune.
  95. Jan 11, 2014
    I was never a gta fan until this game, once I started playing I kept playing. I really enjoyed the story mode an the multiplayer definitely deserves game of the year and I hope for future dlc. YOU ROCK ROCKSTAR!!!!!
  96. Mar 10, 2014
    This was one of my favorite games of 2013 and the first gta game that I played and I'm glad that i decided to play this series it had a really interesting and mature story and the open world was fun to explore and run around in. (Be warned this a very mature game and is not for kids!!)
  97. Jun 3, 2014
    I agree with others, this game deserves a way better score than just 8.1, rather at least 9. I don't know why some people put bad reviews for such an excellent game!
  98. Sep 1, 2014
    This game is over rated but it's still very fun. The flaws are that you're pretty much a god in this game. After you beat the game you can just run around with like billion weapons on you. Multiplayer is incomplete but still fun to race around and kill other players.
  99. Oct 11, 2013
    GTA V is a new king of genre and best game in franchise. Incredibly looking, diverse world, various and funny gameplay, user friendly in a good way, improve in many aspect. Interesting, ordinary and deep 3 characters from different places, with totally different social status and ground. interaction with and between them, dramatic and cool story. If you have something against this gameGTA V is a new king of genre and best game in franchise. Incredibly looking, diverse world, various and funny gameplay, user friendly in a good way, improve in many aspect. Interesting, ordinary and deep 3 characters from different places, with totally different social status and ground. interaction with and between them, dramatic and cool story. If you have something against this game than it`s probably your personal wishes, not objective problems.
    I absolutely accept low ratings because of GTA Online. But only it. If someone gave this game 4-0 rating just for SP, than he sure don`t know much about games and it`s history(especially) and he only play a real gamer. He is not bigger gamer than my grandma. If he/she play games, than it`s worst than when he never play any game. Cause he/she doesn`t have gamer heart.
  100. Sep 21, 2013
    When someone or a group of people make their own masterpiece, its apparent what it is. This is Rockstar's masterpiece. The gameplay is the best I have played in my decade of gaming, the story, while not up to the soul crushing saga of Niko Belic, is pretty good. The graphics are spectacular, light bathing the streets, detailed animation, faces that look life like. The three main charactersWhen someone or a group of people make their own masterpiece, its apparent what it is. This is Rockstar's masterpiece. The gameplay is the best I have played in my decade of gaming, the story, while not up to the soul crushing saga of Niko Belic, is pretty good. The graphics are spectacular, light bathing the streets, detailed animation, faces that look life like. The three main characters are great, but of the three its Trevor that stands out. He is disgusting, violent, perverted, sociopath. He is also the best character in the entire game and one of the best ever made. His first appearance in modern times setup the character well. He angers a character, breaks him, comforts him, than immediately stomps him to death. Do yourself a favor and get this game. It doesn't get much better than this. Expand

1. Dec 12, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto V offers one of the best sandbox experiences ever, filled to the brink with stuff to do. The vistas are magnificent and amazing stuff just seems to happen wherever you go. But at the same time the story is tired and the characters unoriginal. Your appreciation of Grand Theft Auto V will depend of what you want out of the series. The freedom and joy of discovery is hard to beat but the rest still has some ways left to go.
  2. Nov 6, 2013
    GTA V continues the game series' tradition of raising the bar for open world action games.
  3. Nov 5, 2013
    Tons of gameplay hours, plenty of missions and activities with an awesome collection of vehicles of various modes of transportation and a large array of firearms put the grandeur once again into Grand Theft Auto.