8.1

1. Oct 10, 2013
    To start off, I'll review this game in one word: shallow. The word rings true while calling to mind any and all facets of the game. A story that masquerades as compelling until it is quickly forced to open up and reveal its hollow interior, gameplay stuck on seemingly perpetual repeat, and dozens of elements that were clearly thrown in only for purposes of making the game look moreTo start off, I'll review this game in one word: shallow. The word rings true while calling to mind any and all facets of the game. A story that masquerades as compelling until it is quickly forced to open up and reveal its hollow interior, gameplay stuck on seemingly perpetual repeat, and dozens of elements that were clearly thrown in only for purposes of making the game look more expansive than it really is. I suppose some of my irritation comes not only from the game but from the way it was marketed. Biggest map ever? Only if you include the miles of sand and rocks that make up the game's underwater sections. Intense interactive heist missions? Only one can truly fit that description, while the others only do the bare minimum required to somewhat pass off as such. The world is no doubt impressive, but ultimately comprised of too much filler and wasted opportunity. So much of the world is incredibly detailed but ultimately useless and boring, and every time you come across an area that has the potential to defy that pattern, Rockstar has decided to neglect it (presumably to release it in a dlc pack later on). Really? The racetrack and CASINO (among other locales) are useless shells while i can go into a 7-11 and look at low-res cereal boxes? Sure, I can hold up the 7-11 for a comically small amount of money, which is nice considering the other 90% of stores you can't hold up, despite the creators frequently flaunting the new robbery mechanic. As far as the other new gimmicky mechanics, no amount of customization can spice up the relentlessly simple gameplay, which seems determined to etch itself into your head through gross repetition. Of course it's not all bad. The writing is often clever and the earlier missions are definitely creative, which stand in stark contrast to the last few missions, which feel more like side missions and hold about the same narrative weight. I also found the game quite funny, while my friend found it about as funny typhus, so I'd imagine his score to be even lower. The soundtrack is extensive and there are some fun side activities, but ultimately nothing that can save this game from the grave it started digging the moment they started marketing. There is just not enough to do once the story mode is completed, and that which there is feels more like a grind than a fun mechanic. You can't tell me navigating a poorly controlled submarine in miles of nothingness for an hour and a half, JUST to get a stupid collectible, is fun. You just cant! So please stop using mundane collectibles as a means to say "There is so much to do in this game omgggg!" There are several other small gripes I have with the game (such as the fact that they showed video of planes spewing toxic pesticides only to cheat us out of that actually fun mechanic) but I won't go into any more, as they come off as nit-picky. -Now, as I near the conclusion of my review, and many of you cry butthurt pc fanboy, let me say that I played this on 360 and am quite familiar with the GTA series. I'm not comparing this to a deep emotional experience like heavy rain, I'm comparing it to what GTA claims to be, and has succeeded at being in previous installments. A satirical sandbox with an entertaining story and mechanics that add to either the mood or enjoyment of the game. What you will find in GTA V is a dull story, shallow side activities and mechanics, and a city which has much more flare than substance. Also before I go i feel obligated to talk about gta's online feature. I don't even know where to begin with GTA Online. It's a glitch ridden mess, which encourages the complete opposite of what makes gta fun. It would've been much more accurate if they called it "Responsible Money Manager 2013 Where You Are Penalized For Committing Grand Theft Auto and Shamelessly Encouraged to Buy GTA Dollars Through the Online Store". Yuck. Online Freemode used to be such a chaotic and fast paced experience, and I couldn't have thought of a better way to ruin it myself. Obviously none of these criticisms are relevant if you can't even get in, or are unlucky enough to have all of your progress deleted, as is the case with thousands of users. Well, I hope this review helped to save you some money. If only I had read a realistic review before I dropped my precious $60. Expand
  2. Sep 20, 2013
    gta as everyone knows is brought to you from the developers of red dead and la noire. primarily set around 4 characters out to score big in the fictional city that is las santos through unnecessary violence and far to much use of the n***er and moth*****ker words, that me personally finds it a cheap way from the developers to get a reaction. The characters represent everything i hate in agta as everyone knows is brought to you from the developers of red dead and la noire. primarily set around 4 characters out to score big in the fictional city that is las santos through unnecessary violence and far to much use of the n***er and moth*****ker words, that me personally finds it a cheap way from the developers to get a reaction. The characters represent everything i hate in a person, I know the gta series has been known for elements of grand theft auto (obviously) violence, prostitution, drugs trust me i know i have been playing them off and on from the very first one, but with gta5 everything feels cheap, forced and unnecessary. I found it impossible to fall in love with the main characters and therefore didn't feel any attachment to them and thus didn't truly devote to them as characters. the car handling mechanics all feel the same from one van to the next one, and from one bike to the next also. the god awful car shooting mechanics where the aim is also the trigger button, and with that you have to carefully estimate where the reticule would be. the cover button is poorly exacuted as well and aims throughs doors when your stuck to a frame, plus the reticule is a pathetic dot for every none scoped gun, even a shotgun which makes no sense because shotguns have a greater spread with them. the mission status only shows up after you complete a mission, and on many occasions i have said to myself i would of done that if i'd a known, but you can replay misisons to get better scores which i think is another cheap unimaginative way to invoke replay value. i lke the camera to be very sensitive and the aiming reticle to be quite low, but you can't do that in this game, only change the overall senstivity for both analog sticks. the city is huge though and does ever so deservedly boast that, but you can barely go inside anywhere most doors i went up to denied me access, and the activities like for example tennis, shooting range, yoga, are superficial and once you have tried it, there is no compelling fun element to go back. plus in my own personal opinion everything feels rushed and monotonous. I find it quite frustrating that everytime i do a mission or enter a cutscene my characters clothes change, and you are limited on personal customization, and the skill levelling is awful i would rather not level up at all and all my characters have thier own personal skills, because you can level up every skill with every character there is no individualism and therefore everyone of your four main characters loses their unique touch and aspects. The flying aspect within the game is terrible as well, feels to sensitive and sucks at all the fun of it. im just glad i can sell it to a mate for £40.00 and thus only losing out on a fiver. Expand
  3. Sep 20, 2013
    I loved every old Rockstar game and GTA game up to and including San Andreas but hated GTA 4, (Red Dead Redemption was o.k.). I love arcade mode State of Emergency. Judging by this I suspect they never will make another classic. It's better than GTA4 (not hard) but it looks tired compared to recent games. The graphics suck bad. Really bad, but graphics aren't everything...but theyI loved every old Rockstar game and GTA game up to and including San Andreas but hated GTA 4, (Red Dead Redemption was o.k.). I love arcade mode State of Emergency. Judging by this I suspect they never will make another classic. It's better than GTA4 (not hard) but it looks tired compared to recent games. The graphics suck bad. Really bad, but graphics aren't everything...but they suck. The controls are awful. I don't know why people keep saying they are so good. Play Crysis 3 and tell me the controls are anything like as good. Its awkward to swap weapon and the menus screens are clunky. The characters are tired and hackneyed and whilst I can take a bit of that I'm bored of the rockstar cliches. Good bits, well its a lovely big open world with well all the cool normal GTA stuff in that you like. Choice of guns vehicles and now the welcome 'character' abilities are a positive step. I like the way you can flit between characters for heists. It adds another much needed dimension. Radio shows are still funny with some truly awesome tunes. All the hype is a bit much though for what it is. Its o.k., maybe even as good as san andreas was at the time but with graphics and better competition from other great games. I have gone straight back to playing 'The last of us' and 'Fallout 3'. Buy if you would accept more or less anything from rockstar but if you want real deep innovation you will be disappointed. Expand
  4. Sep 26, 2013
    Poor framerate, poor graphics. Shouldnt have been released for this gen consoles. I would have loved to see this on my PC instead. It could have been so beautiful, but instead they sold out.
  5. Dec 17, 2013
    VERY LINEAR missions and progression. Just a huge theme park to drive arround, it's fun, but when you're forced to torture a guy with multiple tools, I just turned off the console and never played it again.
  6. Feb 24, 2014
    Tbh.... I was disappointed with this game. I haven't even finished it yet, and I have had it since release day. as I played this game, I didn't feel any sense of progression at all. There also doesn't seem to be any clear villain or goal to work towards. On the other hand, sucker punching someone from behind is damn satisfying so it is quite a good stress reliever, but that doesn't saveTbh.... I was disappointed with this game. I haven't even finished it yet, and I have had it since release day. as I played this game, I didn't feel any sense of progression at all. There also doesn't seem to be any clear villain or goal to work towards. On the other hand, sucker punching someone from behind is damn satisfying so it is quite a good stress reliever, but that doesn't save it from the boring plot and bland characters. Expand
  7. Mar 7, 2014
    Would probably be a good game, but good god, Console controls are just terrible. Driving in any decent car is just impossible and forget trying to shoot anything. Here's hoping they sim launch PC someday, but probably wont because they fear the evil Pirate.
  8. Feb 1, 2014
    Very disappointing. The missions are not as exciting as previous games in the series, and this was meant to be the best in the series. The graphics are good, but graphics don't make a game. The story is bad, the cutscenes are too varied in length and GTA Online is the only good bit other than the graphics. Plus the 360 version has a lot of glitches.
  9. Mar 2, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V.. Compared to IV
    Is easily the most overhyped game I've seen in a while.
    The things it does better firstly, is obviously the graphics, they are beautiful and reflective and pushes these ageing consoles to their max. But some textures on clothes were really muddy looking. And that's it... Now the things it fails on. Story: unlike able protagonists, all three of
    Grand Theft Auto V.. Compared to IV
    Is easily the most overhyped game I've seen in a while.

And that's it...
    Now the things it fails on.
    Story: unlike able protagonists, all three of them, didn't really feel like authentic people more of a exaggeration of stereotypes. The story is the same Rockstar trend. Work for someone, get betrayed, get revenge. So it feels uninspired.

Gameplay: what has changed? It's still your third person cover shooter, requires no skill what's so ever all you have to do is run to a good cover spot, peek out, and do a head shot. Wow, and what's the point of all these weapons? It's easy as **** anyways. Not like there is different styles to play through with.
    "Silencers" rigggght about that, well that never worked.
    I like the driving, but wish they improved the crash physics, this isn't NFS I want, it would be far more immersive if they had the sense of urgency to not crash in high speed chases, but hey if your going 200 mph and hit another car? Just a scratch, cars most have one strong body shell huh.

Content: well yes it has a fair bit of hours packed into this game, but it's unrewarding, seriously I'm gonna collect all this for TEN DOLLARS?? Lol, that was a waste of time, a lot of the side missions are collectibles, like it's not really my favourite thing in the first place, but al least far cry 3 gave you XP, this is they give you money. The economy in this games is pointless, buy all these landmarks and do Repititive missions for and not be able to go into the club you own?

To keep it shorter, I'm a single player gamer and this is the most uninspired, waste of time. If you want an amazing single player game? This is not it.
  10. Oct 16, 2013
    Doesn't live up to the hype. If you enjoy a game that is absolute trash, then heck this game should be a 10/10 for you omg!!!1111 but no sadly I do not like absolute dog so this game is a 0.
  11. Apr 20, 2014
    I don't know why this game is so overhypered. In my opinion this is the worst GTA ever. It doesn't bring anything new or interesting as all of the previous games did. (GTA 3: 3d, GTA VC: buyable property, GTA SA: a wide variety of new things such as airplanes and car tuning and RPG elements, GTA 4: an much darker and serious tone to the genre and hanging out with ingame friends) and whatI don't know why this game is so overhypered. In my opinion this is the worst GTA ever. It doesn't bring anything new or interesting as all of the previous games did. (GTA 3: 3d, GTA VC: buyable property, GTA SA: a wide variety of new things such as airplanes and car tuning and RPG elements, GTA 4: an much darker and serious tone to the genre and hanging out with ingame friends) and what does this game bring? nothing, zero, nada. The story is too weak and you can clearly see where the money has gone into: ADVERTISEMENTS. The most interesting thing in the game were the heists, which where pretty cool to do, but oh no! imbicile Rockstar only lets you do just the ones that are in the story..... wtf why? Now people say: this game rocks its soo big and better than GTA 4, but in this big world you cant do **** nothing. And then there was the promise of an online world within GTA that had to be the new style of playing, well i'm still waiting for the heists and the game is hacked as ****
    This game gets an 0/10 from just because it is too overhyped, Rockstar needs to get its **** straight and produce a good game in the future and I dearly hope they dont **** up the next Red Dead.
  12. Oct 21, 2013
    DO NOT! I REPEAT DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS RUBBISH ASS GAME. From the 12 hours it takes to dl to your system, to the items you worked hard for but are just "missing", and the saves you made when you go to level 20 but is no longer there, Rockstar entertainment has stooped as low as the creator of diablo 3 which up to date was worst release ever. If this starts to become a trend,DO NOT! I REPEAT DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS RUBBISH ASS GAME. From the 12 hours it takes to dl to your system, to the items you worked hard for but are just "missing", and the saves you made when you go to level 20 but is no longer there, Rockstar entertainment has stooped as low as the creator of diablo 3 which up to date was worst release ever. If this starts to become a trend, game companies selling fake games we shall have to together and put them out of business. rockstar gobble a giant dick Expand
  13. Feb 4, 2014
    The game, when it came out was great, but the "good" part was very short lived, as R* started patching it, and the game is unplayable as it stands. Single Player is so buggy that you have to resort to loading whole game from Xbox/PS3 home menu in order for the whole console not to hang. Gameplay bugs, missions which can't be finished, achievements which are not granted, money which is notThe game, when it came out was great, but the "good" part was very short lived, as R* started patching it, and the game is unplayable as it stands. Single Player is so buggy that you have to resort to loading whole game from Xbox/PS3 home menu in order for the whole console not to hang. Gameplay bugs, missions which can't be finished, achievements which are not granted, money which is not given, cars disappearing, after spending time and money upgrading them, are all annoying but wouldn't be such a pain if it wasn't for the loading freeze. And money making in GTAV is a total grinder. Yes, you can steal anything, but you can't keep it, as the game doesn't save what's stolen.
    AI is 100% accurate, the amount of police and agents, and number of helis after you, when you reach 5 stars, is enormous and never ending. You kill them all, and new wave of the same size appears, before you can run away. Physics seem to work on you mostly, but rest of the world is onl'y 50% simulated, therefore police will not only outrun you on 90 degree turns, motorways, and any streets (even heavy with traffic), then stop in a split second, coming out of the car with guns already shooting at you, and kill you very very quickly, if you only happen to slip or fall. And, they kill first, then ask questions.
    Developer support is the non-existent now. R* stopped listening to fans, and reports of problems. They just keep breaking the game further and further. No testing was done whatsoever, since the game release. Every single patch broke the game more and more in Single Player, only to patch small bugs in MP, which is bugged beyond belief. I can only spend a bit of time on weekends to play it so I didn't finish the game on SP yet, but it's no reason to break SP without care for those who are still playing it. It's zero point from me, as the game is currently unplayable at all.
  14. Nov 6, 2013
    I am sorry to say this, Rockstar have always been a loyal game company but they kind of screwed themselves when they did not bring this masterpiece to the pc! God damn it rockstar! you really up giving console tards this beauty instead of the glorious master race PC! 0/10
  15. Oct 29, 2013
    Yet another dissapointment this year.
    This game could have been so much more.
    crews are pointles.
    you'd have thought that gangwarfare between crews would have been staring them in the face?
    there are no features for crews whatsoever.

missions are repetative at best.
    its extremely glitchy still.
    features missing that have been around since 2001
  16. Oct 7, 2013
    GTA online is Total utter changed my score from an 8 to a 0 just because of how bad online is and the lack of community communication by rockstar of how they are going to address these issues. the fanboy's if you put a EA logo on this game instead of a R* one people would be losing their Probably rioting outside their office. That was a joke but still people would be pretty ****ing pissed
  17. Oct 7, 2013
    gta v is a disappointing game it fails to live up other gta for one money is scarce in the game and the missions are really boring. it has no good villains in the game and the online has far to go has to go.
    overall i would not recommend this gta.
  18. Oct 9, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I've played GTA since the third installment up until this new one. This is the worst one yet. R* is going the way of EA with souless games and trying to squeeze every cent they can out of you with DLC and microtransactions. If you plan to only play single-player, you should skip this one. The campaign is a total of 69 missions and once you complete them your already at over 50% complete with the game. Remember all those cool 'odd jobs' in previous installments? Pretty much gone except for the taxi missions.

- Not enough heists. What is the point of improving your crew member's skills when you barely get to use them?

- Grove Street was totally different. I barely recognized it from SA. If it wasn't for the cul-de-sac I wouldn't even know that it was Grove Street. Plus, the Ballas are now living there and there isn't an explanation why that is; which brings me to my next point.

- No gang territory. I loved taking over gang territory in SA. With GTA V you can't start gang wars, take over territory or recruit members. I wanted to retake Grove Street for the GSF but it will forever be Balla turf now. There were about 4 missions that involved the 'hood'. Way too short. One of the missions Trevor just decides to go down to Grove Street just for the hell of it. Literally for no reason.

- There is a casino in GTA V but you can't go inside and gamble. Another feature missing from SA.

- Purchasable properties You can buy them but cannot go inside? The missions for the 'properties' you own are mostly delivery missions that serve no purpose. It doesn't matter if you ignore them or not, you just won't get payed your $1k that week. There should be sub-missions for your properties which improve them.

- No purchasable safehouses. Franklin starts out with a house in the hood but then moves out to Vinewood. No longer can I buy a house in the hood, walk out the door and start shooting rival gang members like in SA. Now I have to drive from Vinewood all the way down to the 'bad' part of town, or take a cab and just steal a car when I get there. They saved all of the purchaseable safehouses for 'GTA Online'. So, if you only want to play singleplayer or don't have an internet connection, R* is basically saying screw you.

- The world map is bigger than SA only because of the ocean. I would have much rather preferred more land. Rockstar claimed that the world map for this game would be bigger than Red Dead Redemption and GTA IV combined with "the oceans, land and enterable locations." Well, the ocean is boring and there really is no point in being underwater and the enterable locations are very few and far between. There is A strip club, one, and about 15 gas stations that are all copy and paste. If you've been in one gas station you've seen 'em all. There are a bunch of clothing stores but they are copy and paste aswell, with just 3 different types. Suburban, Discount and a high-end one. There are also a few banks to go into but you can't do anything with them and they are also copy and paste. For Rockstar to claim that this is the biggest world yet just because of the ocean is very misleading advertising.

-On a random encounter mission, you had to transport a guy to the airport and when you got him there he tells you to buy stock that isn't listed on the stock market webpage.

-Vehicle Customization is back and was a major feature missing from IV.

-Stock market is a waste of time after you've completed the assasination missions. Also there isn't an option to short sell stock when you know the CEO for example will be assasinated.

-The movie studio was too short-lived.

-Fast-food resturants are still around but you can't interact with them at all or even go inside.

If you have ever played GTA: San Andreas you will know this game sucks but if you started playing GTA with IV you will think this game is the best in the franchise. Well, it isn't. The story sucks, the gameplay sucks, the characters are boring, the driving is very old style, overall just the worst GTA. After 5 years and over 260 million dollars this is the best R* can come up with? I guess paying for reviews on all those gaming sites aren't cheap.
  19. Oct 12, 2013
    This game is generally good but I hate the fact that all women are walking around with 10 lbs of cleavage on their pencil thin bodies. Most of the time the game is great.
  20. Oct 6, 2013
    Like SimCity which preceeded it, the game simply isn't finished.

A large portion of buyers purchased the game for the online portion, which has been embarrassingly off the mark since launch day. The single player is more of the tired formula. Drive to point A...kill at point B...drive to point C. Cars disappear rendering the money you earned to purchase them inert. Honestly there are
    Like SimCity which preceeded it, the game simply isn't finished.

Cars disappear rendering the money you earned to purchase them inert. Honestly there are so many technical issues with the game, it's best to just watch the game footage on YouTube.

Very poor. Does nothing to take the genre forward, and the only compliment I can pay is that the open world itself is a laudable technical achievement. Gameplay and server architecture...not so much.
  21. May 21, 2014
    Everything you want in a GTA game except the game. Intentionally broken and poorly implemented features will have you grinding for money both online and off. The reasons for doing so, however, aren't really apparent. offline You can buy clothes but your character doesn't keep them. You can customize cars but the don't always stay saved and they don't become your personal car. You can'tEverything you want in a GTA game except the game. Intentionally broken and poorly implemented features will have you grinding for money both online and off. The reasons for doing so, however, aren't really apparent. offline You can buy clothes but your character doesn't keep them. You can customize cars but the don't always stay saved and they don't become your personal car. You can't store stolen jets reliably. They disappear if you switch to a plane you've bought. Online the clothes stay and the vehicle system is much better (why not let you buy and save different cars as your default car offline and have a mechanic who brings them to you? It's already there online and it would so complete the offline experience.) but the
    Push to get you to buy in-game $$ with real $$ is so strong online that you'll find yourself either grinding the same $18,0000 mission- rooftop rumble- hundreds of times or glitch grinding. to get that $1.5 mil tank. You have to play rooftop rumble 83 times. and no, you can't steal one and store it. They have a rule that says no. You'll play it another 27 times to get the nicest apartment and another 55 times to get a good car. Why not other missions? Well because 18k is about as high as it gets and rooftop rumble is the most efficient in terms of time. Of course maybe you just want to screw with your fellow online players. Well no, now they shame you for that and put you in groups with exclusively **** and missions with exclusively people who rage quit ending the mission prematurely.

GTA has long been a game that makes you go "look at all the stuff I can do!" GTA V makes you go " look at all the stuff I can.. Sort of do. Wait, let me just play the same mission 500 times so that I can do this stuff" it's always been a franchise that' let's you go and break all the rules. This time they've just implemented a bunch of rules to keep you from doing anything fun.

I've got a total of 40 hours out of it, less than a 10'th of the play time I've gotten from any Primary GTA release since GTA 2. I had some truly incredible, side splitting moments of hilarity playing free mode online in GTA 4. 5...I'll tell you how if goes if I ever manage to bring myself to play rooftop rumble hundreds of **** times so that I can compete with the rest of the **** with tanks and rocket launchers and miniguns and **** That's unlikely though. I'd rather play Skyrim a 20th time.
  22. Oct 19, 2013
    the game in its self isn't bad has some good story and the characters are well made but it has poor driving and codes all and all its a game with potential but due to these massive flaws its just not worth getting they also left out some good things they put in other games like the hydra fighter jet and replaced with with a normal less fun one that runs out of fuel can't say I'mthe game in its self isn't bad has some good story and the characters are well made but it has poor driving and codes all and all its a game with potential but due to these massive flaws its just not worth getting they also left out some good things they put in other games like the hydra fighter jet and replaced with with a normal less fun one that runs out of fuel can't say I'm impressed with it the big thing being its to easy to die in a crash I hit a car in a low speed and it nearly killed me at full health you spin out easy and its also hard to keep from bashing up the car so bad the wheels lock making it impossible tyo get away from even a 2 star wanted level Expand
  23. Jan 20, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. love the game until the last update that took all my money away that I got legally for online and on story mode dropped my the three guys for me down to one dollar Expand
  24. Oct 14, 2013
    I love this game it's one of the best i've ever played of and btw im here courtesy of OfficialNerdCubed break the system metacritic is suckish! Anyways i think that the graphics are good looking they don't overdue it at ALL. The missions are awesome and the story is like a movie.
  25. Oct 17, 2013
    Again that same like in old versions GTA. Huge map, tons of stupid missions, nothing special and new comparing other GTA's.

Recommended only enter cheat's and get lot of fun from killing and destroy everything!
  26. Jul 17, 2014
    This game is SO over achieved. Saints row is a lot better than this crap. For 1 it is WAY to inappropriate, You can walk into a strip club, who's idea was that? The game play in here is nothing new, open world, go into anyone's care, and just drive around and shoot people. Oh and not only that 3 characters! This game is WAY to inappropriate for anybody to play. And it is WAY to overThis game is SO over achieved. Saints row is a lot better than this crap. For 1 it is WAY to inappropriate, You can walk into a strip club, who's idea was that? The game play in here is nothing new, open world, go into anyone's care, and just drive around and shoot people. Oh and not only that 3 characters! This game is WAY to inappropriate for anybody to play. And it is WAY to over achieved. Trust me, do not buy this game, it is a waste of money and a waste of time. Probably gonna get tons of 10 year old haters for this. Expand
  27. Dec 28, 2014
    To this day, I never see the hype of this game. Its a mediocre third person shooter with some ugly visuals and a pretty bad story. Ok, i'll admit, there are some cool missions. And some cool things to do. But really, the % of good to bad is maybe 20-80. Great-You can play golf and tennis. Who cares?The game goes for quantity of Quality and the result is mediocre.
    InB4AngryFanboys
  28. Oct 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. GTA 5 sucks balls. Had to restart 4 times because of servers. I will never play the game again. Why also because I had a house cost 120.000 did not save because of sever. Had a sweet car. Then the server went down. Level 32 The game did not save again because of sever. GTA 5 SUCKS BALLS THANK YOU. Expand
  29. Dec 15, 2013
    If you were to look up the definition of overrated, you would find a picture of GTA V. All you do in this game is drive and shoot people, which is what you do in every other M rated game. People didn't even get the full game when it came out. When online was released, it was broken.
  30. Apr 14, 2014
    it was the worst gta ever the game play sucked so hard and multiplier was just terrible i think rockstar
    could of done way better. like i play it a little turn it off go back to it and my game is always corrupt. i had
    to go to my cousin's just to beat the game

1. Dec 12, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto V offers one of the best sandbox experiences ever, filled to the brink with stuff to do. The vistas are magnificent and amazing stuff just seems to happen wherever you go. But at the same time the story is tired and the characters unoriginal. Your appreciation of Grand Theft Auto V will depend of what you want out of the series. The freedom and joy of discovery is hard to beat but the rest still has some ways left to go.
  2. Nov 6, 2013
    GTA V continues the game series' tradition of raising the bar for open world action games.
  3. Nov 5, 2013
    Tons of gameplay hours, plenty of missions and activities with an awesome collection of vehicles of various modes of transportation and a large array of firearms put the grandeur once again into Grand Theft Auto.