User Score
8.1

Generally favorable reviews- based on 3689 Ratings

User score distribution:
Buy On

Review this game

  1. Your Score
    0 out of 10
    Rate this:
    • 10
    • 9
    • 8
    • 7
    • 6
    • 5
    • 4
    • 3
    • 2
    • 1
    • 0
    • 0
  1. Submit
  2. Check Spelling
  1. Jun 30, 2016
    9
    Este juego me ha proporcionado muchas horas de diversion, con una buena campaña, excelente servicio Online y unos DLCs bastante completos. Lo maloha sido la actual dejadez de esta version (Xbox360) junto con la de PS3, ya que no hay nuevos DLC o actualizaciones. Otra cosa que tampoco me gusta es la necesidad de estar conectado OBLIGATORIAMENTE para poder jugar al modo historia (Offline)Este juego me ha proporcionado muchas horas de diversion, con una buena campaña, excelente servicio Online y unos DLCs bastante completos. Lo maloha sido la actual dejadez de esta version (Xbox360) junto con la de PS3, ya que no hay nuevos DLC o actualizaciones. Otra cosa que tampoco me gusta es la necesidad de estar conectado OBLIGATORIAMENTE para poder jugar al modo historia (Offline) por el tema del SocialClub. Aun así es un gran juego que sigue mereciendo la pena jugar. Expand
  2. May 2, 2016
    10
    This is one of the best game on Xbox 360 . Poor 9/10 . Normal graphics for 2013 and interesting storyline , funny gameplay . 3 main characters . Michael , Trevor and Franklin . At the beginning this game hasnt got open world , but later this game has got very very good and funny open world . This game has got beach , amusement park , strip club and other . This game much better than GrandThis is one of the best game on Xbox 360 . Poor 9/10 . Normal graphics for 2013 and interesting storyline , funny gameplay . 3 main characters . Michael , Trevor and Franklin . At the beginning this game hasnt got open world , but later this game has got very very good and funny open world . This game has got beach , amusement park , strip club and other . This game much better than Grand Theft Auto 4 and Grand Theft Auto 4 Liberty of Gay Tony . Poor 9/10 . Expand
  3. Apr 14, 2016
    10
    a great game.
    of all GTA that left an parese me one of the best so far.
    It is extremely amazing
    thank you very much to rock star
    and I hope very ilucion the proccimo game GTA
  4. Apr 12, 2016
    8
    I am not a open world RPG fan.

    But GTAV is really outstanding is this kind of games and worth playing and enjoying the story.

    The graph is the best on XBOX360 and the story is crazy and excellent.

    The bad side is, I always feel that R-Star's gameplay mechanic is kind of hollow. This game is for enjoying the world rather than the gameplay.
  5. Apr 12, 2016
    10
    GTA V llamo mi atencion desde que lo anunciaron, compre el juego una semana despues de su lanzamiento y lo primero que me impacto fueron sus graficas, son muy muy buenas. La historia no terminaba de convencerme pero conforme avance me gusto mas y mas, el hecho de tener 3 personajes alternando su historia es un detalle sensacional, cada uno tiene su personalidad y se impone. Todo me gustoGTA V llamo mi atencion desde que lo anunciaron, compre el juego una semana despues de su lanzamiento y lo primero que me impacto fueron sus graficas, son muy muy buenas. La historia no terminaba de convencerme pero conforme avance me gusto mas y mas, el hecho de tener 3 personajes alternando su historia es un detalle sensacional, cada uno tiene su personalidad y se impone. Todo me gusto en el juego, la jugabilidad a pie, en auto, en avion, nadando, etc. Son horas y horas de juego y no para la accion, si te aburre la trama simplemente tomas un auto y te vas a cazar siervos, a asaltar, a invertir en la bolsa, puedes hacer casi de todo. El online tiene sus problemas y desespera tanto hacker pero es muy bueno. Tenia buenas expectativas del juego y GTA V fue muy superior a lo que esperaba, tanto que lo volvi a comprar en ps4. Totalmente recomendado. El unico punto malo son los niños que se meten a jugarlo; ¿cuando empezaran los niños y sus padres a respetar las clasificaciones? Expand
  6. Mar 10, 2016
    9
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE this game but it does have its issues like any game. Firstly, on the 360 or PS3 it looks pretty janky. Secondly, the online mode sucks balls, it's always down and when it isn't there is some stupid kid running everybody over and using hacks even on the 360. But the story is very good and the gameplay is immaculate in singleplayer.
  7. Mar 4, 2016
    6
    Been there, done that. Nothing new here.
    Another round of gta with all its mediocrity and repeat quests, dialogue and mindless activities.
    A big improvement on the abomination known as gta4, but, still the same ole stuff. As well, same ole problems and poor gameplay mechanics. Same ole empty world. Another game with a few gameplay additions that make me shrug my shoulders and the
    Been there, done that. Nothing new here.
    Another round of gta with all its mediocrity and repeat quests, dialogue and mindless activities.
    A big improvement on the abomination known as gta4, but, still the same ole stuff.
    As well, same ole problems and poor gameplay mechanics.
    Same ole empty world.
    Another game with a few gameplay additions that make me shrug my shoulders and the sheeple flock.
    Expand
  8. Jan 31, 2016
    10
    Esto es un 10 señores, dejaros de Lol y mierdas, esto es inmersión, es la definición de videojuego. Divertido, puedes hacer miles de cosas que no puedes en la vida real, gráficos increíbles, contenido online gratuito, cientos de modos tanto competitivos, como cooperativos, como hazloquetesalgativos. ES EL COPÓN 36277632826783278478344378/10.
  9. Jan 24, 2016
    10
    Quite obviously the best video game ever created by a fairly large margin. If you disagree you're just plain wrong. Even if it's not exactly for you the combination of expansiveness, story, completeness, polish, smoothness, features, detail, content, etc. Will likely never be seen again, ever. GTA V is going to be king of the mountain for a very long forseeable future. GTA V puts ALL otherQuite obviously the best video game ever created by a fairly large margin. If you disagree you're just plain wrong. Even if it's not exactly for you the combination of expansiveness, story, completeness, polish, smoothness, features, detail, content, etc. Will likely never be seen again, ever. GTA V is going to be king of the mountain for a very long forseeable future. GTA V puts ALL other games to shame. The bar has been set. Expand
  10. Dec 21, 2015
    7
    While I'm not a huge fan of the GTA games. I enjoyed this, I have gone back and revisited it from time to time just a to go through and indulge in mass murder.
  11. Nov 28, 2015
    8
    Story is crap. But that's not why we play this game, is it?? The lampooning of action crime anti-hero movies is great. Franklin at least was grounded. lol Controls, mechanics, graphics - all nicely done! PRetty much every character was a simple caricature, but I think that's the style the writers are going for: stereotypes are ridiculous, and anybody who plays into them without reallyStory is crap. But that's not why we play this game, is it?? The lampooning of action crime anti-hero movies is great. Franklin at least was grounded. lol Controls, mechanics, graphics - all nicely done! PRetty much every character was a simple caricature, but I think that's the style the writers are going for: stereotypes are ridiculous, and anybody who plays into them without really looking closely at themselves is a literal joke! Expand
  12. Nov 19, 2015
    8
    Call me a hater, but GTA V... it just dosent make me feel the same as with GTA IV. GTA Vs campaign is off the charts awesome, GTA Online is so awesome, that it could be its own independent game and I would give it a 10/10. Rockstart social club is a good feature in this game. The graphics and environment? Beatifull. Well, if I think this game is so awesome, why am I giving it a worse scoreCall me a hater, but GTA V... it just dosent make me feel the same as with GTA IV. GTA Vs campaign is off the charts awesome, GTA Online is so awesome, that it could be its own independent game and I would give it a 10/10. Rockstart social club is a good feature in this game. The graphics and environment? Beatifull. Well, if I think this game is so awesome, why am I giving it a worse score than GTA IV? It just dosent feel the same as GTA IV. The friends in GTA V are useless, the sidemissions non engaging, the app to download to my real life tablet to train Chop dosent work and the loading screen before getting to play the game is painfully long. Also, theres a loading screen everytime I switch between a character or when I do anything in GTA Online. But is it worth buying? Yes, if you have the patience to wait for the loading screens. Expand
  13. Nov 13, 2015
    10
    The best game of the entire series! The plot - perfect! Four times the game went and each time by 100% and I'm ready to pass it again 5! Cool characters! P * - You are the best!
  14. Nov 6, 2015
    10
    Grand Theft Auto is one of those franchises that has been at the forefront of the video game industry for decades. A GTA release is kind of like an American presidential election: the hype begins WELL before the actual event. The thing that separates GTA from other prominent game franchises is that it delivers on the hype, and GTA V delivered in spades.

    The setting of Los Santos is
    Grand Theft Auto is one of those franchises that has been at the forefront of the video game industry for decades. A GTA release is kind of like an American presidential election: the hype begins WELL before the actual event. The thing that separates GTA from other prominent game franchises is that it delivers on the hype, and GTA V delivered in spades.

    The setting of Los Santos is amazing. Rockstar and Bethesda are the two game companies in business today that clearly love the worlds they create. You can tell from their attention to detail. Go into a random back alley in the city, or drive to the end of a dirt road in the countryside, and there will be something there that is interesting, or funny, or dangerous. Los Angeles provides the perfect setting for a GTA game. It's many unique and paradoxical qualities provide bountiful opportunities for Rockstar to show off their sarcastic sense of humor.

    The inclusion of three playable protagonists was a wonderful addition as well. Carl "CJ" Johnson will probably always be the best protagonist of the series, but the three GTA V protagonists are interesting enough to keep your attention, and the fact that you can switch between them at almost any time means that if you ever do get bored with one or the other, you can switch to another and see what they've gotten themselves up to.

    Mission structure and design is the best it's been in the series. 'Four Leaf Clover' in GTA IV remains the best single mission in the franchise's history, but the overall quality of all missions is significantly higher in V than in any other entry. Heists provide great peaks in the chronology, as they seem to happen just when the story might be getting a little stale.

    The biggest criticism GTA V received when it released was that, due to GTA Online not being ready at launch, people were buying an incomplete game. This is simply not true. GTA Online was not available at launch, true enough, but there was no charge for it when it was released about a month after the game released, so you BOUGHT the whole game in September, you just had to wait a month to access the online portion of it. I certainly was happy that I could access the single player portion of the game in September, and not have to wait the additional month to get the whole package together. There was more than enough content in single player to keep any fair gamer occupied for a month. And, as it happened, the release of GTA Online was rocky, to say the least, so they probably should have released it even later and worked out more kinks.

    When viewed as the sum of its parts, Grand Theft Auto V certainly is in the running for Greatest Game of the last console generation.
    Expand
  15. Oct 30, 2015
    9
    An absolute beast of a game the online part has to be one of the best iv ever seen loved the tree way veiwpoint in the sigle part as well, this is what saints row 3 & 4 should have been nuff said.
  16. Oct 25, 2015
    10
    Looks like many people are calling this game overrated. I don't quite agree. In my opinion, this game is the best entry in the entire series. I've played 3, Vice City, San Andreas, and 4. I enjoyed every single one of them, but this game took their ideas and perfected them. In terms of execution, it is flawless. The controls are very fluid and intuitive, especially compared to the olderLooks like many people are calling this game overrated. I don't quite agree. In my opinion, this game is the best entry in the entire series. I've played 3, Vice City, San Andreas, and 4. I enjoyed every single one of them, but this game took their ideas and perfected them. In terms of execution, it is flawless. The controls are very fluid and intuitive, especially compared to the older iterations. Graphics are as good as you can expect for an open-world game with a city as huge as Los Santos. There is SO much to explore that it can be overwhelming. The driving physics aren't 100% realistic, but still realistic enough to allow for suspension of disbelief.

    The missions are so awesome and well-scripted that I wanted to play some of them several times. The characters are enjoyable. The story itself itself is mediocre, but the action is so awesome that you don't really care about the story. The voice-acting is very good for a video game, which contributes to the suspension of disbelief.

    Seriously, it's very hard to beat this game. It's perfect in just about every single way. My only complaint with the game is a very subjective one, and that is the soundtrack. I found the soundtrack of GTA5 to be overall inferior to that of Vice City and San Andreas, but again, that is a very subjective matter.

    This was the best game of 2013, and maybe even the best game of the decade thus far, even as I write this now in 2015. Overrated? I think not. It deserves a lot of recognition.
    Expand
  17. Oct 20, 2015
    9
    Good game but extremely overrated. I felt like this was a great way to end the last generation by fully taking advantage of the 360s hardware capabilities. Online races and stuff are pointless with some really dumb achievements that are not possible to get because not enough people do the activities.
  18. Sep 20, 2015
    10
    I'm a huge fan of the GTA series i think every game they made thus far are amazing. i love the story line on gta 5 i think it was pretty cool to switch back and forth between different players. the graphics are stunning, the cars are cool on here and don't even get me started on how cool the map is and big they made the city.!!only thing i didn't like about the story is once you beat itI'm a huge fan of the GTA series i think every game they made thus far are amazing. i love the story line on gta 5 i think it was pretty cool to switch back and forth between different players. the graphics are stunning, the cars are cool on here and don't even get me started on how cool the map is and big they made the city.!!only thing i didn't like about the story is once you beat it they did really have things you can do with all that money you make in the end heist & assassination mission (if done at the end & invested money in the stock correctly). they should of made it to wear you can buy house, more clothes to by, different kinds of events because the parachute events are pretty lame and i wonder how many people actually enjoy doing the bike/foot races. Now this is the first GTA i played online and every since i don't even think about playing the story. GTA 5 online is dope as hell i really enjoy playing this (especially if you have friends to play with). there isn't really anything i don't like about this game online, i mean it would be pretty dope if you didn't have to rank up to unlock things but again it give you something to do. not much to say left but if they do more updates they should put WAY MORE customization options for the vehicles on there & make it missions worth more money because items/gun/vehicles online are really expensive. Expand
  19. Sep 10, 2015
    8
    Grand Theft Auto V is a near-perfect game from a technical stand-point, but it lacks an engaging story and unique characters. I've heard it being referred to as a realistic representation of modern-day life, but I see it another way; it's an over-the-top parody of everything wrong with first-world culture. It supposedly covers issues like racism, sexism and crime, but all Rockstar do isGrand Theft Auto V is a near-perfect game from a technical stand-point, but it lacks an engaging story and unique characters. I've heard it being referred to as a realistic representation of modern-day life, but I see it another way; it's an over-the-top parody of everything wrong with first-world culture. It supposedly covers issues like racism, sexism and crime, but all Rockstar do is point them out, and don't really represent any views on these topics.

    The story follows three protagonists; Michael, a retired criminal who verbally abuses his wife and children. Franklin, a black guy who is so uninteresting that if he was taken out of the game and replaced with an extremely well-trained chicken. And then there's Trevor, a complete maniac, who at times adds much-needed fun to the game, but most of the things he does just seems impractical. And none of them are likeable at all. Their dialogue is boring and they change their views at the drop of a hat. For example, if Franklin had a disagreement with another character, eventually he'd just give in and do whatever it was the person asked for. Overall the story is mediocre at best.

    But screw story, it's the gameplay you all care about and nothing else. It is much more fun and less realistic than GTA 4, but not as much as Saints Row, but because of how ridiculous Saints Row has now become maybe it's best that GTA 5 takes things a little easier. The new physics engine is rather inconsistent, some cars handle like shopping carts, and some handle like normal cars with an elephant and a hippopotamus strapped on the roof. There's also helicopters, which is like hell to drive, and planes, which is like hell but with the excruciating pain of having your teeth pulled out. Gun fights are satisfying, and massacring innocents and cops is more fun and enjoyable than ever before. The gameplay, despite some flaws, is very good.

    In conclusion I have a lot of problems with GTA 5, and I mean a lot. I barely have room for everything I want to moan about. But if you can look through these problems, and if you're GTA fan boy the chances are you can, you will have a lot of fun with this new instalment of this extremely slowly yet surely dying franchise.
    Expand
  20. Sep 7, 2015
    10
    This game truly earns it's perfect Rating and then some.The State of San Andreas from top to bottom is expertly polished and hand has unthinkable detail never seen in any Game.As with all GTA Games everyone has their favorite ones and no matter how much nostalgia I have for GTA 3 I cannot deny how much I love this game and how it is now my favorite GTA of all time.I love the environmentThis game truly earns it's perfect Rating and then some.The State of San Andreas from top to bottom is expertly polished and hand has unthinkable detail never seen in any Game.As with all GTA Games everyone has their favorite ones and no matter how much nostalgia I have for GTA 3 I cannot deny how much I love this game and how it is now my favorite GTA of all time.I love the environment so much as everything finally looks exactly like in actual reality so much so you will be hard press not to confuse the two.Details of real life are done perfectly.I personally like how everything has A realistic sheen to it.I could spend all day on Graphics alone,but the Story and characters are the highlight of this epic.Without Spoilers,I will only say that three totally different people find their way towards one another to unite and pull off some staggering criminal jobs that have to be played to be believed.Gameplay-wise,it's about par with Episodes Of Liberty City controls and that's really great for my particular tastes.The Soundtrack I really liked and I thought it was very well done and did justice to GTA San Andreas.As for the rest I will let you discover it further as you embark on one of the most epic and exciting journeys in Video Game history. Expand
  21. Aug 21, 2015
    10
    I don't normally play these realistic, amoral, travel-round-a-city-shooting-people games, but this... This is special.

    One of, if not THE, best game of the generation, Grand Theft Auto V is an experience that must be tried to believe. The driving's on point, the shooting is consistent and fun, the characters are unique and play off one another fantastically, creating such an atmosphere.
    I don't normally play these realistic, amoral, travel-round-a-city-shooting-people games, but this... This is special.

    One of, if not THE, best game of the generation, Grand Theft Auto V is an experience that must be tried to believe. The driving's on point, the shooting is consistent and fun, the characters are unique and play off one another fantastically, creating such an atmosphere.

    I have no idea how the next game will build from this. I mean, it's very difficult to get much nearer perfection than this. The game's sold 54 million copies, and I guarantee every single one of them enjoyed something about this game.

    If you're even remotely considering this game, just go and buy it. I did, and I do not regret it at all.
    Expand
  22. Aug 17, 2015
    8
    I absolutely 100% LOVE this game, it's a big leap forward since GTA 4! Story is amazing, game play and gun play is great, characters are amazing, voice acting is solid, and car customization is amazing, it feels like Forza Motorsport. However, the driving is floaty and weird, cops are more aggressive than all the Grand Theft Autos, and the multiplayer on launch sucked dong. And problemsI absolutely 100% LOVE this game, it's a big leap forward since GTA 4! Story is amazing, game play and gun play is great, characters are amazing, voice acting is solid, and car customization is amazing, it feels like Forza Motorsport. However, the driving is floaty and weird, cops are more aggressive than all the Grand Theft Autos, and the multiplayer on launch sucked dong. And problems like these still run rampant to this day, even more so on the Xbox One and Playstation 4. Expand
  23. Aug 17, 2015
    8
    In my opinion, the greatest strengths in Grand Theft Auto were the amount of detail in the world. Also I could point out the character level progress that improves the performance of the abilities.

    One of the weaknesses of the game were the glitches and hacks that can be used, especially online. This truly ruins the gaming experience of other users. The most compelling part of the
    In my opinion, the greatest strengths in Grand Theft Auto were the amount of detail in the world. Also I could point out the character level progress that improves the performance of the abilities.

    One of the weaknesses of the game were the glitches and hacks that can be used, especially online. This truly ruins the gaming experience of other users.

    The most compelling part of the game is The Merryweather Hiest. Upon completion, the character can then purchase many items to play around with.

    Overall, the game interface was amazing. With the next-generation console game, all players are able to access 'first-person'. This brings out the beauty in Los Santos to see it in a humans POV.
    Expand
  24. Aug 3, 2015
    10
    I love this game. Map is actually huge and varied (city, seaside, cliffs, desert, countryside, lakes, mountains, waterfalls etc..), graphic is very good and there are several missions, strangers and freaks and also random events to play. I like that you can choose three characters, each one with his missions and personality. There is also a great choice of vehicles, especially wonderfulI love this game. Map is actually huge and varied (city, seaside, cliffs, desert, countryside, lakes, mountains, waterfalls etc..), graphic is very good and there are several missions, strangers and freaks and also random events to play. I like that you can choose three characters, each one with his missions and personality. There is also a great choice of vehicles, especially wonderful cars. In my opinion it is absolutely the best GTA. Expand
  25. Jul 18, 2015
    8
    Great game. Had it for the 360 and loaned it to a buddy but he was a little d$@k and loaned it to another guy, now that I have the Ps4 I have it for my Ps4. I think the game is very fun. But me and my former friend have some issues with each-other, if I call him and say "yo dude, I want my f3%ken money back" then he'll call the Cops on my a** again.
  26. Jul 12, 2015
    9
    everyone who knows me knows i love grand theft auto. i have no words to explain this game really its that good but i will try my best. the story is told in a new bold way with 3 people to play as. i wont spoil everything but i will say its top notch movie quality story telling here. the mission structure is much better now we finally have cool new innovative missions i say that becauseeveryone who knows me knows i love grand theft auto. i have no words to explain this game really its that good but i will try my best. the story is told in a new bold way with 3 people to play as. i wont spoil everything but i will say its top notch movie quality story telling here. the mission structure is much better now we finally have cool new innovative missions i say that because usuly the game will have you shoot someone steel a car or steel money. but this game has you riding dirt bikes on top of trains shooting down private jets and this game offers new heist missions were you clean out a gem store to turn into money you will rob the biggest banks in the west coast and more. these are tuff tasks that have you do tons of planning. but besides the story what can you do well you can mod cars go golfing play tennis go skydiving listen to great music and this game has you coverd with a huge amount of weopons all costomizable for your city destruction plessure! now i will say though the game has a huge difficulty spike twords the end even though the entire thing is a peice of cake you wont expect it. and alot of the value is in multiplayer and i dont care as much about multiplayer and cant offord it so how long did gta v take me to beat it took me about just under 2 weeks thats just a big fat fail! for some perspective the last game grand theft auto 4 took me about 4 months to beat and i was able to put about 45 hours. this game was more like 30 hours but another thing is to make the game longer i have to do side missions and they are not even that cool! so thats the reason that this game gets 9 out of ten instead of 10 its awesome it looks amazing its a huge gta world there is a ton do do but with out xbox live you wont get all your money out of this game i really wanted it to be a ten but i just cant issue the legendary rating with this one. but im telling you to buy it. Expand
  27. Jul 12, 2015
    9
    Grand theft auto V is an amazing experience to play. You will have a great time looking at the visuals and doing the hilariously fun missions. A huge open world to do a wide range of activities. For once there's actually a open world outside the city like deserts, seriously deserts. Grand theft auto V also has animals too which makes the experience extra immersive and realistic like boars,Grand theft auto V is an amazing experience to play. You will have a great time looking at the visuals and doing the hilariously fun missions. A huge open world to do a wide range of activities. For once there's actually a open world outside the city like deserts, seriously deserts. Grand theft auto V also has animals too which makes the experience extra immersive and realistic like boars, rats, chickens, chimpanzees, cougars, coyotes and cows etc. This is a blast to play. But this game has a ton of problems like the story, characters (except for the main characters) and Grand theft auto Online can sometimes be a disgrace. But Grand theft auto Online is actually very fun and enjoyable if it's working properly. Honestly, Grand theft auto V really should get a 10/10 but because of some of its disappointments it gets a 9/10. The Easter eggs are also awesome in this game, Rockstar has done it again!! Expand
  28. Jul 1, 2015
    10
    Just stunning. Amazing game, great graphics. So much content, impossible to get bored. Once completed, you can replay missions. Great variety. Can do anything right from the start.
  29. May 30, 2015
    10
    It´s just a perfect game. There is no other game, in which you have so much freedom.
    And I love the idea of playing three characters, it works perfectly !
  30. May 22, 2015
    9
    Former criminal Michael teams up with Franklin and his old partner-in-crime, Trevor, to pull off a series of heists in an attempt to relive the glory days. The story takes you through some insane, satire-filled missions as you switch between characters at any time, which adds to not only the missions but the entire open-world game. As you explore the massive and detailed San Andreas, youFormer criminal Michael teams up with Franklin and his old partner-in-crime, Trevor, to pull off a series of heists in an attempt to relive the glory days. The story takes you through some insane, satire-filled missions as you switch between characters at any time, which adds to not only the missions but the entire open-world game. As you explore the massive and detailed San Andreas, you can purchase different stocks, guns, clothes, properties, etc. with different characters. Aside form the story, you can race, get into crazy gunfights, play tennis, complete side missions, fly planes and, of course, steal cars, as well as many other things. Single player alone is immense but then there’s GTA Online, the game’s sandbox multiplayer mode. Despite its greatness in most regards, the stupid humor is sometimes just stupid without being actually humorous. Also, some missions are annoying and, well, there are plenty of other minor flaws that prevent it from recieveing a ten. a nine is still a fantastic score, though. GTA V offers a huge open world with plenty of exploration and random mayhem to distract you from the over-the-top-action-filled main story. It has almost all you could want from a game! Expand
  31. Apr 28, 2015
    3
    The story was great, enjoyed that. Everyone complains about that, and not the gameplay. GTA for me is a way to escape reality, enjoy the chaos and mayhem part, fighting it out with the police, and other general fun stuff. But did this installment offer that? To me it took away the fun I had of playing past entries in that regard, and that is what made me sour for the game. I actually getThe story was great, enjoyed that. Everyone complains about that, and not the gameplay. GTA for me is a way to escape reality, enjoy the chaos and mayhem part, fighting it out with the police, and other general fun stuff. But did this installment offer that? To me it took away the fun I had of playing past entries in that regard, and that is what made me sour for the game. I actually get punished for going on a high speed police chase, by overpowered and over realistic AI. The game goes from being a game, to a life simulator, where you are forced to follow the rules and if you break them, you have to deal with insanely fast police cars, helicopters, and police who can shoot you from around corners and have x-ray vision. GTA 4 had the perfect police system in my opinion, it could have been tweaked a bit, but they had it perfect.

    Exploration was great, up until being mauled by mountain lions every time I set foot in the country side. I don't mind the thrill of wild beasts, but I think there was just too much of that. Sharks in the game were in limited quantities and restricted to certain areas, why not the same for mountain lions?
    Expand
  32. Apr 23, 2015
    8
    This is a great game, but I have a few gripes. One is that sometimes when you switch characters, their clothes change. That makes it pretty hard to keep track of the character's clothing. Another is that getting the cars that you want to spawn to spawn is really hard and different from the earlier game. It's almost like the game knows what cars you want to spawn and it doesn't spawn them.This is a great game, but I have a few gripes. One is that sometimes when you switch characters, their clothes change. That makes it pretty hard to keep track of the character's clothing. Another is that getting the cars that you want to spawn to spawn is really hard and different from the earlier game. It's almost like the game knows what cars you want to spawn and it doesn't spawn them. The worst gripe of all is that you need to link your game to a Rockstar Games Social Club account to even SAVE pictures. That should just be for sharing them. The PS2 with San Andreas could take them without linking anything. If you don't have gold, you can't even take pictures. Expand
  33. Apr 16, 2015
    10
    Best open world game on x360. Its only rival is San Andreas.
    It definitely was game of the year for me.
    And it well deserves 10/10 score. I cant understand how somebody can say this game is bad because You can go to strip club and comment, that he'll get flame from 10 year olds - they shouldnt play this game it has 18 rating. This game for me is just like Quentin Tarantino movies -
    Best open world game on x360. Its only rival is San Andreas.
    It definitely was game of the year for me.
    And it well deserves 10/10 score.
    I cant understand how somebody can say this game is bad because You can go to strip club and comment, that he'll get flame from 10 year olds - they shouldnt play this game it has 18 rating.
    This game for me is just like Quentin Tarantino movies - something like and as good as Pulp fiction.
    Expand
  34. Apr 6, 2015
    2
    Very dumbed down car handling. It is pathetic and I bet that was made for all that casual players that dont know nothing about real world physics etc. So that kids can have fun in stupid games but when they grow up they are making car accidents because they have no idea about real car handling. Pathetic game because of what they did to car physics. And that funny ability to rock car backVery dumbed down car handling. It is pathetic and I bet that was made for all that casual players that dont know nothing about real world physics etc. So that kids can have fun in stupid games but when they grow up they are making car accidents because they have no idea about real car handling. Pathetic game because of what they did to car physics. And that funny ability to rock car back on wheels hahaha another feature for dumb kids. GTA is so childish that it hurts. I will not buy that game. I only hope that good moders will fix that pathetic childish car handling on PC version. Also add speedometer, fuel usage and stuff that will make this game more real so it will not look so much dumbed down.

    In terms of weapons they made better work compared to GTA4 but they still are away from real counterparts. For example shotguns can be reloaded with one single shell WTF rockstar you imbeciles!

    All this inconsistency and dumbing down is degraded my score like crazy even if there is lots of cool things in this game then it is obliterated by those imbecile designs that I mentioned above.
    Expand
  35. Mar 18, 2015
    10
    The world of Grand Theft Auto V is a masterpiece and has set a very high level for sandbox game.and i think Grand Theft Auto V One of the best games. The massive scale of the world along with the story make for a ridiculous amount of things to do

    and the online is awesome
  36. Mar 12, 2015
    8
    Great fun with friends in it's Multi-player component and the campaign was very entertaining. I'll shorten this as much as I can:

    Pro's: - The multiplayer is great fun. It has progression in your character whilst not forcing anything upon you, if you still want to have casual fun, do so. - The campaign has an interesting story and the introduction of three characters to be changed
    Great fun with friends in it's Multi-player component and the campaign was very entertaining. I'll shorten this as much as I can:

    Pro's:

    - The multiplayer is great fun. It has progression in your character whilst not forcing anything upon you, if you still want to have casual fun, do so.
    - The campaign has an interesting story and the introduction of three characters to be changed to on the fly makes for interesting gameplay. You can go on a rampage with one guy and then proceed to instantly switch to the other who is playing tennis.
    - Rockstar have repeatedly supported the game, especially now that heists are out. However, on the topic of heists...

    Con's:

    - Whilst I can't complain about them being out, I can complain about how they were promised at release and yet we only recieved them literally more than a year since it's release. We shouldn't of had to wait so long.
    - The Online component should have more freedom in terms of the free mode. GTA IV had options in private games to turn off the police and such, these are options that should have been introduced for private games in GTA V. It's rather annoying when me and my friends are simply having fun doing one thing, and then have the rather too effective police ruin it.
    - Most enemies, which includes the vicious police, have ridiculous aim and damage. It's not fun to have some enemy blind fire an SMG out of cover with laser beam accuracy and then die. I believe the AI ferocity in GTA IV was the right amount.

    Even though I listed more con's than pro's here, I really do recommend this game.
    Expand
  37. Feb 27, 2015
    10
    Graphics are at the maximum! As more mission - tuning cars, Bank robbery, and much more! I think this game was worth every dollar of the 250 000 000 dollars. I have no words. Score - 10
  38. Feb 21, 2015
    2
    Seriously this game and it's online community is going downhill by patch by patch.Very buggy and bad driving physics. Rockstar removed great features that were present in Gta 4.The cops are op in this game.For example i killed someone no one saw me but as i was going to leave i got a one star level and decided to run.The cop Al might be fixed on next gen.
  39. Feb 21, 2015
    5
    Sincerely, GTA V is fun only during missions. The open world is going to getting boring until the end of the main story and secondary missions. There is not so much destruction that you can cause that saves the game from boredom even with tennis, golf and diving. And the smart police? Even if there are no witnesses, they appears anywhere ruining the fun. One day when we can get inSincerely, GTA V is fun only during missions. The open world is going to getting boring until the end of the main story and secondary missions. There is not so much destruction that you can cause that saves the game from boredom even with tennis, golf and diving. And the smart police? Even if there are no witnesses, they appears anywhere ruining the fun. One day when we can get in anywhere, cause destruction and escape before someone call the police, GTA will be amazing. Expand
  40. Feb 20, 2015
    10
    My most anticipated game from recent years, and OH BOY! it delivered!

    Graphics, Story, Map, Setting, Good characters, The wildlife, The guns, The sex jokes, Amazing heist missions, Good multiplayer and Overall A masterpiece of an open world game, My personal best game of 2013, 2014 and now 2015 with the upcoming pc release.
  41. Feb 6, 2015
    10
    Let me get this across, I’ve been playing Grand Theft Auto since 3 first came out and it wasn’t until San Andreas, which from reading other reviews is a fan favorite, that these games really made an impact to me. With San Andreas open world sandbox games were really given a true flagship of which to stand behind with the amount of available different things to do. Grand Theft Auto IV had aLet me get this across, I’ve been playing Grand Theft Auto since 3 first came out and it wasn’t until San Andreas, which from reading other reviews is a fan favorite, that these games really made an impact to me. With San Andreas open world sandbox games were really given a true flagship of which to stand behind with the amount of available different things to do. Grand Theft Auto IV had a great story but I felt it lacked in this department since it was going for a much grittier and gloomy look. GTA V has brought the open world back and with it the replay value of this game. Hours alone can be spent in single player combing the world for elusive side mission items or completing side missions. The main story mode took myself about 35 hours to complete just the main missions. Expand
  42. Jan 26, 2015
    5
    I don't get why everybody's praising this game, it has a terrible story, horribly unlikable characters and repetitive gameplay. It's not God awful since it has great gameplay and amazing graphics, but the overall experience could have been better.
  43. Jan 26, 2015
    10
    Grand Theft Auto V-a detailed review

    Plot Summary: GTA V is about a retired bank robber (Michael De Santa),a psychotic drug addict,and a small time gangster,as they take on the most dangerous heists and powerful people in the city of Los Santos. Its a third person shooter set in the state of Los Santos where anything can happen.The city is big and fun with lots to do and much to
    Grand Theft Auto V-a detailed review

    Plot Summary: GTA V is about a retired bank robber (Michael De Santa),a psychotic drug addict,and a small time gangster,as they take on the most dangerous heists and powerful people in the city of Los Santos.

    Its a third person shooter set in the state of Los Santos where anything can happen.The city is big and fun with lots to do and much to destroy.You can steal cars,you can rob a store,you can customize your car,go on a rampage.There are endless opportunities in Los Santos the city is yours.With three awesome protagonists and a huge city with hours worth of fun,what more could you ask for?

    Gameplay wise the game is great,the controls are great,its really easy to get used too.There are many guns and with regular updates more guns are getting added more and more so you can cause more mayhem.There are also melee weapons from baseball bats to crowbars to hammers you can hack anything to death.

    In the city of Los Santos there are hundreds are cars to choose from.But no just cars,there are planes,trucks,helicopters,boats,submarines,tanks,motorbikes,the lot.With all these these vehicles to choose from you can explore a lot whether your underwater or in the air there are lots are mysteries and fun stuff to find.

    Overall GTA V is a beast of a game that I would award 10/10 for such an excellent experience thank you rockstar!
    Expand
  44. Jan 11, 2015
    9
    What an amazing game! GTA V took all of the best aspects of previous games, and brought them together in a tightly bunched package. The ONLY real complaint I have, is that helicopter piloting continues to be the worst vehicle control I have ever experienced... in any game... ever. However, that has become such an identifying factor of GTA, that they day they make helicopters fly smoothlyWhat an amazing game! GTA V took all of the best aspects of previous games, and brought them together in a tightly bunched package. The ONLY real complaint I have, is that helicopter piloting continues to be the worst vehicle control I have ever experienced... in any game... ever. However, that has become such an identifying factor of GTA, that they day they make helicopters fly smoothly will be long after I'm dead and gone. Brilliant, creative, and wholly entertaining game. I can't wait for the next one! Expand
  45. Jan 11, 2015
    9
    It feels good to be back in Los Santos after nearly a decade of GTA San Andreas being out. The graphics are amazing! And the idea of having 3 playable-characters is brilliant too. Did anyone else visit Grove Street for the nostalgia, because I sure did. The map is huge and there are so many places to go and see. There are also many amusing Easter eggs. But the best thing about GTA SanIt feels good to be back in Los Santos after nearly a decade of GTA San Andreas being out. The graphics are amazing! And the idea of having 3 playable-characters is brilliant too. Did anyone else visit Grove Street for the nostalgia, because I sure did. The map is huge and there are so many places to go and see. There are also many amusing Easter eggs. But the best thing about GTA San Andreas is now back in GTA V. Customization! In GTA IV there was no customization. We couldn't change our hairstyle, get ridiculous tattoos or pimp our cars. But this is all back in GTA V
    At the start there had been some problems with GTA Online but after it started working it was fun to go on police chases with your friends and rob liquor stores. Now that heists are soon coming to GTA Online i'd better get my crew together
    Expand
  46. Dec 28, 2014
    10
    this game deserves to be above Gta 4! GTA 5 brings all what other titles have brought into the industry under one title and have redefined it even more. the gameplay is smooth and the graphics are amazing and realistic, every bit of it truly is ! I have been waiting for this type of game for years and i am absolutely rapt that i pre-ordered it as soon it was available ! Rockstar has addedthis game deserves to be above Gta 4! GTA 5 brings all what other titles have brought into the industry under one title and have redefined it even more. the gameplay is smooth and the graphics are amazing and realistic, every bit of it truly is ! I have been waiting for this type of game for years and i am absolutely rapt that i pre-ordered it as soon it was available ! Rockstar has added every tiny things to the game to make it more interesting and fascinating. The map is huge and it never gets boring as there is so much to explore in the city of Los Santos and Blaine County and even the wildlife has added the boost to the comforting gameplay. The characters are well chosen even their voice actors and the introduction of each of them is unique. the level of detail is astounding and mindblowing. this will probably be the best game ever for years to come by and the only game that could probably overtake this would be another product of rockstar games. This definitely deserves the game of the year title (2013-14) Expand
  47. Dec 28, 2014
    0
    To this day, I never see the hype of this game. Its a mediocre third person shooter with some ugly visuals and a pretty bad story. Ok, i'll admit, there are some cool missions. And some cool things to do. But really, the % of good to bad is maybe 20-80. Great-You can play golf and tennis. Who cares?The game goes for quantity of Quality and the result is mediocre.
    InB4AngryFanboys
  48. Dec 26, 2014
    10
    this game is one of the best ever created, graphics incredible both in the older generation, is twice the next generation, very good story that fits perfectly in the game, the only defect is the missions that are very easy, is few missions, being possible to complete the game in a day or hours, the online mode is perfect and copetivivo, it is possible you their apartments, cars etc ...this game is one of the best ever created, graphics incredible both in the older generation, is twice the next generation, very good story that fits perfectly in the game, the only defect is the missions that are very easy, is few missions, being possible to complete the game in a day or hours, the online mode is perfect and copetivivo, it is possible you their apartments, cars etc ... perfect game !! Rockstar did not disappoint on any of their games, all free DLCs. Expand
  49. Dec 19, 2014
    9
    After beating vice city, San Andreas, gta III and gta IV, I had one last game to get through: gta V. Does it live up to the high standards of the series? Let's find out. The story doesn't even start in Los santos, some criminal named Michael, Trevor, and brad are robbing a bank in a snowy town called north Yankton in the year 2004. Micheal and Trevor barely make it out and the game fastAfter beating vice city, San Andreas, gta III and gta IV, I had one last game to get through: gta V. Does it live up to the high standards of the series? Let's find out. The story doesn't even start in Los santos, some criminal named Michael, Trevor, and brad are robbing a bank in a snowy town called north Yankton in the year 2004. Micheal and Trevor barely make it out and the game fast forwards to 2013 in Los santos, gta's version of Los Angeles. Micheal is now rich and miserable. He's retired from crime and lives in a mansion with his annoying family. His wife is getting lessons from a tennis coach on how to play tennis (or is she?) his daughter is hanging out with snobby celebrities and trying to get on tv , and his son sits in his room all day playing righteous slaughter 7 (an exaggerated call of duty spoof). He comes across a street hustler named franklin and them along with some other people go on a jewelry store heist to pay off a debt. Trevor finds out about the heist and comes down to see Michael again and now the three characters are a criminal trio. They get involved with other gangs and corrupt government agencies and must go on a series of epic and daring heists to pay off debts and become the cities kingpin criminals. There are some cool twists along the way, and the characters are all cool in their own way. Micheal is like able and interesting, Trevor is interesting but not likeable, and Franklin is likeable but not interesting. But all three endings aren't satisfying and feel rushed. The story missions are pretty fun most of the time l, but can dip down in quality at times. You can go from robbing banks and hijacking cargo planes, to doing yoga and operating a crane. Missions like that where bring as hell and felt like gimmicky filler to some otherwise brilliantly made missions. I also that you get to be the boss during the heists. You choose who to hire, the better they are the more money you have to give them, whether you go in stealthy or loud, what's your getaway vehicle, etc. the heists are the funniest missions and make you feel like a true crime boss. This being gta, there is an absolutely **** ginormous open world map to explore, and this time the whole map is unlocked right away without having to do story missions to unlock new areas. There's a ton of vehicles, such as request cars, jeeps, motorcycles, four wheelers, tanks, boats, stunt planes, fighter jets, gigantic cargo planes, helicopters, and so much more there is also more guns than before. This game uses the red dead redemption weapons wheel, which slows time when you switch weapons and lets you carry every weapon in the game at one time. Another improvement carried over from red dead redemption is mid mission checkpoints, so no more starting a mission all over again from the beginning. The map itself is huge and varied, Los santos is on the southern end and has houses, an airport, skyscrapers, etc. The rest of the map is desert countryside and mountains, and the entire map is full of detail and it's worth exploring to see all the cool things it has to offer. You can switch between the three characters at any time, and they all have special abilities, certain side missions, and businesses to buy. There is a TON of stuff to do. You can do triathlons, atv races, shooting galleries, parachuting, tennis, see a movie, or of course piss off the cops and destroy the entire place with a minigun. Everything is well done, so it has both quality and quantity. If you like tennis then you'll like tennis here, but if you don't like tennis then you won't like it here. The graphics on this game will make your xbox glow red and puff steam, they are just that good. Fly a helicopter as high as you can and then get a good look at the world around you and you'll see what I mean. The sound design is rather average, the radio stations are good but not as memorable as previous games. Although the voice acting is incredible, everyone is very convincing in their performance. So yes, it definitely lives up to the high standards of the series. It's better than III and IV, but not as good as vice city and San Andreas. It has just enough new things to keep it fresh, but at its core it's the same gta everyone loves. If you haven't played any gta games yet, than this is a good place to start since it's much more reliable and approachable than previous games. Expand
  50. Dec 11, 2014
    10
    After many committed hours to finishing the single player, 100%, I found not only had I been having fun, I had been playing one of the best games ever. The risks Rock star takes in this game are always on point, even if you feel they go too far, it still works. All the main characters are built up like a well-crafted game should build them up. Visually stunning, and just as good as itsAfter many committed hours to finishing the single player, 100%, I found not only had I been having fun, I had been playing one of the best games ever. The risks Rock star takes in this game are always on point, even if you feel they go too far, it still works. All the main characters are built up like a well-crafted game should build them up. Visually stunning, and just as good as its predecessor, if not better, Grand Theft Auto V should be on everyone 's "must play games" list. Expand
  51. Dec 11, 2014
    10
    This game has been out for a while and I have to say, this is probably the best game ever made. A step up from GTA IV, the most impressive thing about this installment is the attention to detail. Every single interaction between the character and the open world causes a convincing reaction. The graphics are a huge step up from the previous games in the series. Aim-and-shoot mechanics areThis game has been out for a while and I have to say, this is probably the best game ever made. A step up from GTA IV, the most impressive thing about this installment is the attention to detail. Every single interaction between the character and the open world causes a convincing reaction. The graphics are a huge step up from the previous games in the series. Aim-and-shoot mechanics are decent. The story and map layout are incredible. The only poor aspect to the game is the very unreliable multiplayer mode. The launch was a disaster and even now people still have problems with connectivity, etc. I don't play multiplayer on this game though so it earned a 10. I would pay $60 for this game over any COD, GTA, Battlefield, etc. Have never played something more entertaining and technically impressive.

    100/100
    Expand
  52. Nov 29, 2014
    10
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is the game that goes beyond limits:
    Rockstars´ masterpiece is definitely the undisputed king of open world/sandbox gameplay. I have never experencied this kind of freedom and satisfaction in a video game before.
    Despite the big "things" like the enormously large pool of vehicles, the possibility the do whatever you want whenever you want, the small things like switching a cabrio from open to closed or changing the power of light at a car are the stuff that really differs this game from others and makes it a piece of gaming history that every fan of video games should have played.
    Thx u Rockstar for this phenominal game.
    Expand
  53. Nov 28, 2014
    10
    Having played all the 3D gta games on console i was really looking forward to playing this one, a definite must have if you are a fan, well worth your money and then some, the online mode adds a whole lot of value and makes this a great stand out tite.
  54. Nov 27, 2014
    9
    This game was obviously a better version of Grand Theft Auto IV. Therefore it is already a splendid game. I'm only rating the story not the online because they are pretty much two completely different experiences. However, for the story and game-play alone; it's a solid 9.
  55. Nov 27, 2014
    10
    Best Game as ever realistic life at open world game . amazing

    GTA V is best game at open world and not different between 7 gen and 8 gen . gamer never fell low graphic on 7 gen consoles i can say one word to this game : wonderful
  56. Nov 18, 2014
    10
    With the release of the new gen versions out, I decided to go back to this version and see just how much has changed. It remains as the best Grand Theft Auto game in my opinion and the next gen version doesn't revolutionise the game too much.
  57. Nov 10, 2014
    10
    In every measurable sense, this is the greatest GTA game of all time. Sure, you may prefer the 80s vibe of Vice City or the more varied landscape of San Andreas but GTA V is the first game in the series that actually has missions that are more fun than frustrating. In previous incarnations, the missions were so annoying I spent most of my time just exploring the cities rather than tryingIn every measurable sense, this is the greatest GTA game of all time. Sure, you may prefer the 80s vibe of Vice City or the more varied landscape of San Andreas but GTA V is the first game in the series that actually has missions that are more fun than frustrating. In previous incarnations, the missions were so annoying I spent most of my time just exploring the cities rather than trying to complete my objectives. GTA V not only adds a reasonable checkpoint system but also finally introduces some variety. Instead of the repetitive "drive here, drive there" missions in previous entries, GTA V actually makes you feel like you're part of a heist. Nothing goes to plan of course, but that's part of the fun of GTA! What really makes this game stand out is the online mode. Nothing is more fun than hopping in a car with your buddy and cruising around Las Santos looking to cause some mayhem. Expand
  58. Nov 10, 2014
    10
    A game that truly pushes these consoles to their limits and packs an almighty punch. Although these may not be the nicest visuals ever, Rockstar have done what they can to squeeze every last bit of power out of the consoles to make a joyful and interesting experience. The physics and gameplay are as equally as good, with a great story to follow.
  59. Nov 9, 2014
    10
    Great game, lots to do and very likeable characters. online is very fun party up do missions, races or deathmatches fun all around. campaign is great. open world your choice of what to do next unlike other games where its like a hallway effect where you can only go forward not left right or back. 10/10 very playable and great replayability on next gen & pc
  60. Nov 6, 2014
    10
    Grand Theft Auto is taking a huge step for the next gen. consoles. Their now adding fps (First person shooter) which is gonna make a lot more thing interesting. 10/10
  61. Nov 4, 2014
    9
    After playing GTA V, I was in total awe. This game offered such an open experience, there are so many opportunities across the map from massacring innocents and having a last stand against the cops to running a marathon. The missions although lacked interest most of the time, but the six grand heists performed were amazing, each unique and more exciting then the last! If you get the chanceAfter playing GTA V, I was in total awe. This game offered such an open experience, there are so many opportunities across the map from massacring innocents and having a last stand against the cops to running a marathon. The missions although lacked interest most of the time, but the six grand heists performed were amazing, each unique and more exciting then the last! If you get the chance to get this game get it, that's all I can say. Expand
  62. Nov 4, 2014
    10
    Legendary the best games ever -ign wow woooooow - gamepot omg i just pooped my pants - gamesrader this game is designed for gay people to go to the strip club in 1969 it was banned world wide due to igns high rating in 1973..........
  63. Oct 29, 2014
    10
    GTA 5: A Work of Art

    Grand Theft Auto 5 is the best video game to ever be put on the market. Considering that “[Rockstar] has sold 33 million copies of Grand Theft Auto 5” (Their) for the last generation of consoles, and that it was the most popular video game of 2013, it’s safe to say that GTA 5 is masterpiece. Rockstar is now in the process of making their most successful game ever,
    GTA 5: A Work of Art

    Grand Theft Auto 5 is the best video game to ever be put on the market. Considering that “[Rockstar] has sold 33 million copies of Grand Theft Auto 5” (Their) for the last generation of consoles, and that it was the most popular video game of 2013, it’s safe to say that GTA 5 is masterpiece. Rockstar is now in the process of making their most successful game ever, even better! Next generation gamers across the globe are sitting at home eagerly waiting on the November 18 release date of the new and improved version of their favorite game.
    Although there were no complaints about Grand Theft Auto 5’s graphics on PS3 and Xbox 360, one of the reasons why the next gen versions of GTA 5 will be so much better than the previous versions is the graphics. The image capabilities of the Xbox One and the PS4 far surpass those of their predecessors, and allow Rockstar’s developers to greatly enrich all aspects of GTA 5’s graphics. Many improvements were made to the game design and “Though these are, in essence, graphical changes, the mechanical effect they would have on the game could be huge” (Nowgamer). The improvements of the graphics include things that will make the actual gameplay tremendously more enjoyable. Such as increased traffic density to make driving more realistic, more advanced foliage so that bushes are no longer like cement walls, more realistic weather, and more advanced physics are all some of the things that will make Grand Theft Auto far better than before.
    Not only are the graphics improved, Grand Theft Auto 5’s online play has been made even better than it used to be on older generation consoles. Its’ online play is one of the things that really sets it apart from any other video game ever released. It now allows you to roam around a huge city named Los Santos with up to 30 other online gamers, when the limit was previously only 15. With the vast amount of options the Rockstar developers offer you online, the game seems to never get old. With 30 other people roaming around the same online realm as you anything could happen; this really sparks the competitiveness in the lobby. This game easily offers the most enjoyable online multiplayer experience of any game ever created. Even after months of playing it every single day, there are most likely several aspects of the game that you still have not been exposed to. The free world experience of GTA 5 is unmatched by any other game that has been released to date.
    Everything set aside, the main reason why Grand Theft Auto 5 is the best game ever created is the unparalleled freedom that the game allows its players to have. The game is truly amazing; it allows players to do almost anything that they can imagine. No matter what kind of mood you are in, GTA 5 offers something that will be sure to entertain you. If You’ve had a bad day, you and go out and reek havoc on Los Santos county with guns, grenades, and rocket launchers to release some stress. If you are feeling peaceful and relaxed, you can go out and take photos of the virtual wildlife. GTA 5 will allow you to experience anything and everything from racing exotic cars, shooting guns, skydiving, flying planes, to buying houses. The game offers a plethora of vehicles for you to play with, cars, planes, boats, helicopters, and even a few blimps. You are able to purchase real estate and even customize the furniture within. There are even downloadable packages and updates so that the game is always changing. If you can imagine doing it, GTA 5 most likely allows you to.
    If you are in the market for a new video game, you cannot go wrong with the choice of Grand Theft Auto 5. The game has graphics that you will never grow tired of looking at. It has an online community that is very avid, offering a virtual experience that is one of the greatest and most fun available. The freedom that the game offers is like none other and becomes addictingly enjoyable as you do anything your hear desires. Rockstar’s 33+ million copies sold already just go to show that Grand Theft Auto 5 is the best video game ever created.

    Annotated Bibliography
    Nowgamer.com. "GTA 5 PS4 & Xbox One: Whats New & Is It Worth It?" Nowgamer.com. Nowgamer.com, 12 June 2014. Web. 26 Oct. 2014.
    Thier, Dave. "'Grand Theft Auto 5' Has Sold Nearly $2 Billion." Forbes. Forbes Magazine, 13 May 2014. Web. 29 Oct. 2014.
    Expand
  64. Oct 29, 2014
    6
    This review is for GTA V and GTA: Online.
    GTA V: Flawless story, incredible open world design, plus a lot still to do when finished the main storyline. 10/10
    GTA Online: Massive issues at launch, seemingly better over time, but not great. I for one am sick of Rockstar's lying about heists for 7th gen (360/PS3) consoles. They stated that the heists will be out before the end of Spring
    This review is for GTA V and GTA: Online.
    GTA V: Flawless story, incredible open world design, plus a lot still to do when finished the main storyline. 10/10

    GTA Online: Massive issues at launch, seemingly better over time, but not great. I for one am sick of Rockstar's lying about heists for 7th gen (360/PS3) consoles. They stated that the heists will be out before the end of Spring 2014. It's now just about to be Winter. They should stop procrastinating on new updates and FOCUS on the heists. 1/10

    I feel cheated out of £45 from launch day. If heists aren't coming out for 360/PS3, I see no reason to spend £300-400 on a new console just for them or new content. Not buying another Rockstar game again, as the damage has been done. 6/10
    Expand
  65. Oct 27, 2014
    6
    Grand Theft Auto V was well over hyped which led to its somewhat downfall of what it could have been. The graphics are nice and the driving is improved but by the end of the game i wanted more. And by the time Multi-player came out i knew i had bit of more than i could chew and had to swallow it however painful it was. 6/10 Single player: Great, Multi-player: A never ending joy ride ofGrand Theft Auto V was well over hyped which led to its somewhat downfall of what it could have been. The graphics are nice and the driving is improved but by the end of the game i wanted more. And by the time Multi-player came out i knew i had bit of more than i could chew and had to swallow it however painful it was. 6/10 Single player: Great, Multi-player: A never ending joy ride of vomit and Big Smoke saying "All you had to do was follow the damn train C.J". Expand
  66. Oct 22, 2014
    10
    Grand Theft Auto V is in my opinion the best GTA game, the story is great, the characters are great, when you die you don't lose your weapons. Those are some of the reasons why I love this game.
    10/10
  67. Oct 21, 2014
    10
    Grand theft auto was apsolutely sheeit even though i put 10 hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  68. Oct 19, 2014
    10
    Grand Theft Auto V, the game that broke records. This game is few that I believe truly deserve a 10 out of 10. Great graphics, characters, story, gameplay, multiplayer & open-world. This game single-handedly proved that the Xbox 360 had enough hardware than Microsoft clearly thought when they pushed out the Xbox One. The load time in mid-game? non-existent.

    The game in a nutshell is
    Grand Theft Auto V, the game that broke records. This game is few that I believe truly deserve a 10 out of 10. Great graphics, characters, story, gameplay, multiplayer & open-world. This game single-handedly proved that the Xbox 360 had enough hardware than Microsoft clearly thought when they pushed out the Xbox One. The load time in mid-game? non-existent.

    The game in a nutshell is this: you play as Michael, Trevor, and Franklin. Three criminals who complete multiple tasks and jobs throughout the game, which include robberies, assassinations, rescue missions, and escort missions.

    There isn't much I can say that hasn't been already said, because so many people have reviewed this game, but I guarantee, this is one of few games that I would give an amazing, but deserved 10 out of 10. Few games I;ve played are this great, and that's saying something.
    Expand
  69. Oct 17, 2014
    5
    So many idiots give this pile of crap a 10. All cars are invincible, Cops all have super powers, and their squad cars can keep up with Bugatti's. The stroymode, terrible. Why did they make you work for the government for the entire game? I want to work for the mob and rob banks, Not work for the FIB all game. I hate the characters, There is no mention of ANY previous character from SanSo many idiots give this pile of crap a 10. All cars are invincible, Cops all have super powers, and their squad cars can keep up with Bugatti's. The stroymode, terrible. Why did they make you work for the government for the entire game? I want to work for the mob and rob banks, Not work for the FIB all game. I hate the characters, There is no mention of ANY previous character from San andreas, excluding Lazlow who is in every single GTA, and really needs to be removed. The graphics make San andreas look as if everything in the universe has been polished and waxed. This game isn't even a fun sandbox. Expand
  70. Oct 13, 2014
    8
    A bit of a disappointment. Despite still being a great game, gta v did not quite live up to the hype with the total amount of freedom in the world. Still one of the best games of 2013 but I expected more
  71. Oct 9, 2014
    10
    Overall, this game is amazing. I am giving it a 10, not because its perfect, but because its one of, if not the best game out for Xbox 360. I played online since the first day it was around, and it was a painful process. The menus were so slow, games would freeze mid-load, startup would take about 5-10 solid minutes. They have fixed many issues with online now, and it is significantlyOverall, this game is amazing. I am giving it a 10, not because its perfect, but because its one of, if not the best game out for Xbox 360. I played online since the first day it was around, and it was a painful process. The menus were so slow, games would freeze mid-load, startup would take about 5-10 solid minutes. They have fixed many issues with online now, and it is significantly better (tho there is still a ton of down time in between missions).

    Worth the buy.
    Expand
  72. Oct 8, 2014
    9
    Bel gioco, ma carente dal punto di vista di storia poche missione e multiplayer che a lungo ad andare diventa noioso e frustrante si aspettano aggiornamenti importanti.
  73. Oct 4, 2014
    10
    An absolutely amazing game. Takes every great aspect of other Rockstar titles and combines them into one awesome package. Gameplay, mission variety, atmosphere, graphics, voice acting ETC, are all top notch.
  74. Oct 3, 2014
    10
    Grand Theft Auto five is one of the best games i have played. It was the game that got me into playing video games.I do play a lot of online , and injoy it being able to rome around kill people own cars,apartments,ex.Also being able to play with friends or troll people.
  75. Oct 3, 2014
    7
    Writing a review on this feels like writing a review on Minecraft. There probably isn't a lot you don't already know about Grand Theft Auto V that hasn't already been bellowed out from the mouths of overbearing game critics who regard this game in particular as the next bold step forward into the future of gaming. Yet this game isn't exactly free from pop-in problems and not very frequentWriting a review on this feels like writing a review on Minecraft. There probably isn't a lot you don't already know about Grand Theft Auto V that hasn't already been bellowed out from the mouths of overbearing game critics who regard this game in particular as the next bold step forward into the future of gaming. Yet this game isn't exactly free from pop-in problems and not very frequent texture bugs. Its not as though these problems aren't going to be fixed when it gets re-released on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox one and PC. Still the same question remains like the one in The Last of Us; why pay another £50 for a re-furbished and slightly bug fixed version of a game you've already got?

    Anyway the game. The gameplay fells adequate enough, but the problem is there are so many things your character can do at any one time. Whether it may be driving a car or plane or just generally walking about, there doesn't seem to be enough buttons on the game controller to fit them all and still be practical and useful enough to actually use them. I imagine this will be fixed for everyone who is anticipating this game for the PC. However the rest of us who are waiting for the game on the remaining consoles will still be stuck with the same controls. Not that this can't be fixed by memorising the controls for vehicle and on foot. Next up the characters. There are three characters you can play as and all posses a different ability and personality. Franklin is the first character you start out with but also seems to be the only one who seems to have had all noticeable traits taken away. Until he's a general straight man who will never say no to someone offering a helicopter ride to immediately parachute from. Or accept an invitation from someone to waste a few in-game months of his life to collect murder notes. Next up is Michael who has retired from bank robbing to spend more time with his family and abuse his kid's privileges. For example about quarter of the way through the game he smashes his son's TV for yelling at it a bit too loudly. Michaels key character motivation is that he is unclear if he is comfortable with the sudden bank heists he's somehow pulled into, and yet seems as equally enthusiastic as everyone else when they actually begin the actual heist. I suppose all that pretty jewellery just got to his head. Finally there's Trevor whose game trailer amusingly barely mentioned him because apparently "The less we say about him, the better." Its said that Trevor is a complete uncontrollable psychopath of the three. A general humorous air surrounds this character by making fun of his "feelings" at his expense and to no-one else. A funny acknowledgement to a mentally damaged man in the complex and cruel world he lives in. The game takes it further by having his partners and friends either be terrified of him or hate his guts or even both. The story is an extremely saving grace because it is very well plotted and given away. Although well-done at points, its sometimes kind of predictable. These tend to mostly be on the side quests which are obviously less important and can be more forgivable for this error in story telling. Having said that, despite our characters committing various and very law-breaking crimes along with their several heists, the authorities don't seem to make any differences to their security. They don't advise the public to be weary of certain people who have been terrorising the city or neighbourhood. In fact the one difference is that a news report comes on a day after your heist and is never mentioned again. I'm aware that this was the least of Rockstar's worries during development, but gameplay and story must weave with each other, not handed to the audience then immediately dropped the second the players attention is diverted to something else.

    Grand Theft Auto 5 is definitely recommended if you haven't got it yet, but its fair to assume you've got it and love it and that's fine. Overall I am looking forward to its release on the PS4 and Xbox One and so will you.
    Expand
  76. Oct 3, 2014
    10
    This games is absolutely amazing. Rockstar really put their effort into this game and made it a living game. Unlike grand theft auto 4 this game has more features more updates and more weapons to interact with. Rockstar I don't recommend u to make another grand theft auto because this one was the best,just keep doing those updates and start a new series. GREAT JOB!!!
  77. Sep 30, 2014
    8
    Definitely not the best open world game, or even the best GTA game, but it's certainly worth the price tag. One of the funnest and most well-written games of the last generation.
  78. Sep 28, 2014
    9
    Grand Theft Auto V, unlike many games of this generation, is a fit addition and improvement to its series.

    The amount of character development in Rockstar's latest installment is not on the level of other games that are known for such development, but the amount of detail given to its three protagonists, their connections to each other, and their lives is admirable. You were not totally
    Grand Theft Auto V, unlike many games of this generation, is a fit addition and improvement to its series.

    The amount of character development in Rockstar's latest installment is not on the level of other games that are known for such development, but the amount of detail given to its three protagonists, their connections to each other, and their lives is admirable. You were not totally immersed in each character's ordeal, but this is not what the Grand Theft Auto series is known for. What it IS known for is its ability to blend semi-realistic shooter elements and a good plot generally not given to shooters.

    The gameplay elements of the game are incredibly enhanced relative to IV's, especially in combination with the new (rather large) freeroam map. One minute you could be robbing a store and attempting (unsuccessfully) to ramp your car over a railing in an attempt to escape the superhuman police under the more-refined engine of the game and the next you could be flying a (stolen) plane over the beautiful, expansive wilderness areas of Los Santos.

    Have you exhausted the singleplayer? Not a fan of collectibles? Well then head on over to GTA Online, one of the quicker-growing multiplayer experiences currently available. The jobs quickly grow boring, but the multiplayer experience depends on just that: having multiple players. Playing with friends is one thing that never grows dull on GTA Online, and the promised addition of more DLC and heists lets the prospect of the future seem all-the-more sweeter.

    Overall, GTA V is one of those gems that has managed to not only provide a fulfilling singleplayer AND multiplayer experience, but has also managed to improve on its progenitors and live up to the vast hype that it produced before the release.
    Expand
  79. Sep 23, 2014
    9
    One of the best games ever made. Each mission seems likes it's ripped out of a frantic action movie, and they're all varied. The characters, voice acting, production values, and story are all amazing. The game play is superb. Rockstar has overhauled the shooting mechanics to make them much more inviting than GTA IV, and the driving has been completely reworked as well. The world isOne of the best games ever made. Each mission seems likes it's ripped out of a frantic action movie, and they're all varied. The characters, voice acting, production values, and story are all amazing. The game play is superb. Rockstar has overhauled the shooting mechanics to make them much more inviting than GTA IV, and the driving has been completely reworked as well. The world is massive, with tons of things to do, and all of it is gorgeous. My only problem was that GTA Online was underwhelming at best, and heists simply were never added. That's a shame, but no reason to overlook this. If you haven't played this game yet (which I doubt), then pick it up immediately, or better yet, wait for the next gen version. I am surely going to purchase this on my Xbox One when it is released to experience this gem again. Expand
  80. Rem
    Sep 21, 2014
    9
    Grand Theft Auto 5 touts itself as one of the most expansive, diverse, and entertaining game. And that is true to a degree. The switching between the three main characters keeps the game from becoming mute, but because of this you cannot really connect with any of the three characters, I mean you could hardly even connect with three killers anyway. What Grand Theft Auto 5 supremely outdoesGrand Theft Auto 5 touts itself as one of the most expansive, diverse, and entertaining game. And that is true to a degree. The switching between the three main characters keeps the game from becoming mute, but because of this you cannot really connect with any of the three characters, I mean you could hardly even connect with three killers anyway. What Grand Theft Auto 5 supremely outdoes over GTA 4 is the variety of mission. No longer are you just an errand boy, but a heist master running the strings with a multitude of missions. Though I have to say that the three main characters are less compelling than Niko Bellic. Even the secondary activities have received an upgrade in terms of enjoyment. Also the little tweaks keep annoying bits like calling and restarting missions to a minimum so in the end, you get a package that will allow you to get lost in the world of Los Santos. Expand
  81. Sep 12, 2014
    8
    2nd best GTA game, but to be honest. I don't really care about the characters, and also I was disappointed that I can only play around Los Santos. I actually hoped for the San Andreas area. But this is a really good game. But if you loved this, You would **** love San Andreas. And the humor in this game is really good.
  82. Sep 9, 2014
    6
    I dont like it. There is just nothing about it that makes me want to play it. IV, SA and VC had that special something. That atmosphere. IV lacked it, but it was still a great game. But this? They threw the fun car physics from IV away and made all suspensions out of stone or something. Combat. Ohh im boiling right now. It's like under water. if you fall down you just lay there for aI dont like it. There is just nothing about it that makes me want to play it. IV, SA and VC had that special something. That atmosphere. IV lacked it, but it was still a great game. But this? They threw the fun car physics from IV away and made all suspensions out of stone or something. Combat. Ohh im boiling right now. It's like under water. if you fall down you just lay there for a couple of seconds and then slooooooowwwwlllyyy start to get up. Now the good: Music is decent. Better than IV anyways. Includes Online so that's something new even though it gets boring 30 mins in. Car mods. Great. Expand
  83. Sep 7, 2014
    7
    Vice city is still the king of gta. And that's a damn fact.Thats not an opinion it's a fact people.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  84. Sep 2, 2014
    3
    To this day, I never see the hype of this game. Its a mediocre third person shooter with some ugly visuals and a pretty bad story. Ok, i'll admit, there are some cool missions. And some cool things to do. But really, the % of good to bad is maybe 20-80. Great-You can play golf and tennis. Who cares?The game goes for quantity of Quality and the result is mediocre.
    InB4AngryFanboys
  85. Sep 1, 2014
    9
    This game is over rated but it's still very fun. The flaws are that you're pretty much a god in this game. After you beat the game you can just run around with like billion weapons on you. Multiplayer is incomplete but still fun to race around and kill other players.
  86. Aug 26, 2014
    8
    However a nice game,it also has it's disappointing parts.The characters swear to much,Grand Theft Auto IV has a much better story and the game shows racism and sexism,it is,however a nice game to have.This game also returned it's possibility to customize cars.It is a beautiful game.
  87. Aug 25, 2014
    6
    The game feels really short, maybe unfinished.

    There's no good way to save your cars. You can put them into a garage, but if you take one out and drive it to a mission, good luck finding it again after the mission is done. This pretty stupid especially considering you can spend A LOT of money upgrading a car, only to have it disappear because you assumed the game would do something
    The game feels really short, maybe unfinished.

    There's no good way to save your cars. You can put them into a garage, but if you take one out and drive it to a mission, good luck finding it again after the mission is done. This pretty stupid especially considering you can spend A LOT of money upgrading a car, only to have it disappear because you assumed the game would do something logical, like preserve the car while doing missions or put it back in your garage if you leave it somewhere.

    Speaking of money, it's handled terribly. Unlike other GTA games, money DOES have value (there are worthwhile things to spend it on), but the amount of money you have never makes sense. You start the game with next to no money; you can't afford to really buy guns, cars, or even a cool suit. Then you keep doing missions and not getting paid for them, which is incredibly frustrating. So ok, maybe this is the kind of game where money is really scarce. NOPE! after your first heist you are handed a ludicrous amount of money and can pretty much purchase whatever you want. There's no strategic thinking or saving up for a cool item. Money instantly goes from "I wish I had some but I don't have any" to "I have more than I could ever spend". You COULD actually drop a good load of cash on a fancy car or plane, but it will most likely explode or get lost somehow and your cash will be wasted.

    Speaking of heists now, it starts off good but becomes disappointing quickly. The first heist is really interactive, different ways to approach the situation, the choice for your crew members really matter, you could to case the joint and everything. And there's a big cash reward (probably too big).
    But that's pretty much the only real heist there is. The rest are basically just plot missions. Leveling up crew members which was expected to be important from the precedent and the tutorial of the first mission pretty much doesn't matter at all past the first heist. Also there are only like two extra crew members you can ever get in the first place and you get them from easily missed random events.

    The map is huge and is more than just a city, which is pretty cool, but it's pretty useless. There's nothing to find. No collectibles, easter eggs, not really any hidden missions. There's a tiny bit of wildlife but it doesn't really serve a purpose. Most of the missions will take place in the city or Trevor's town. The rest might as well not exist.

    The game is SHORT for a GTA game. It honestly feels like it's not finished. You should be familiar with the typical GTA formula: you meed a job provider, you do some missions, and then end up screwing up or something and killing them as their last mission. In this game, there are very few of these types of characters. It's pretty disappointing because those types of characters are usually the most interesting people in GTA games. There's one case where you meet this kind of mission giving character and literally the second mission is where someone screws up and then you have to kill the mission giver. Where's all the missions in between?

    This also goes for side quests. There are a few mission giving side characters, but there's (as previously mentioned) no cash reward. And they all end very anti-climatically. Literally the end of one of the quest lines is "aren't you going to pay me?", "no, go away". And that's it. You can shoot the guy if you want but...

    What actually IS in the game is done pretty well. The story, shooting, driving mechanics, characters, are all great. Length, number of interesting side characters, car storing mechanics, side quests, mini games, are pretty terrible.
    Expand
  88. Aug 21, 2014
    9
    This one should have been a 10 out of 10. If I could say anything to Rockstar it would be that to make the perfect game, all you have to do is give me good gameplay mechanics and tell me a good story. That's all there is to it, so it isn't rocket science. By comparason with Rockstar's savage sendup of the immigrant experience in GTA 4, their story in GTA 5 is tame and dull. I stoppedThis one should have been a 10 out of 10. If I could say anything to Rockstar it would be that to make the perfect game, all you have to do is give me good gameplay mechanics and tell me a good story. That's all there is to it, so it isn't rocket science. By comparason with Rockstar's savage sendup of the immigrant experience in GTA 4, their story in GTA 5 is tame and dull. I stopped caring about all three of the characters about halfway through the game. I also found myself wondering where the satire had gone.
    However, the city and vehicles may have been enough to save the experience for me had the money making aspects of the game been decent. Here you have properties worth $150,000,000 and no real hope of actually making that much money during the game. Yes, you can hang around and day trade for a year, and maybe get enough money eventually, but I will have moved on to the next Assassin's Creed long before that happens. But, you say, how about Franklin's assassination misssions and the opportunities you have there? Well, if you are offline, you only get two of them, which brings me to one of my biggest gripes, which is the manner in which the online features interfere with the single player game. I have lost patience with these constant attempts to force me to join some BS gaming community just to get the full value of my purchase in terms of the solo play. Playing offline locks me out of the BAWSAQ, which wouldn't be too bad if so many of the investment opportunities, offered by the missions themselves, weren't locked into it. It's a crappy thing to do, Rockstar, and I don't take kindly to it. It kind of makes me feel like you are trying to rip me off somehow. Strike one.
    Then there is Chop. Apparently he can be trained, but not unless I download some BS IFruit App. Strike two.
    Even the enormity of the map is problematic because there is no fast travel feature. Too, there is at least one series of challenge missions that is buried so deep in the game that it is unlikely to be found absent online prompting. Some people may find that sort of thing fun and engaging, I just find it cheap and boring.
    While the idea of being able to switch between 3 characters is a nice innovation in concept, but given just how dull these three guys are, it is no substitute for good story telling.
    So, while the game is pretty, I can't say that I have enjoyed it any more than I did GTA 4, and in fact, have enjoyed it substantially less.
    All of those gripes aired, I am still going to rate it at 9 out of 10. I thought that GTA 4 was nearly the perfect video game and I don't think that GTA 5 improves much on it except in a technical sense, but the technical presentation of GTA 5 is mind blowing. The game is technically flawless, and I have never seen better graphics in any xbox 360 game ever. Given the expanse of the map, you'd expect some popup at least, but the way in which the installation and the play disc interact to take advantage of all the machine's capabilities, eliminates most of it. The audio is excellent and there is no end of variety among the available radio stations, although I have not yet found the talk radio of LS to be anything like as hilarious as that found in LC. I'll give Los Santos this much, the music is better.
    Even given the dullness of the story and of the characters themselves, and even given the arguably crippling effect of tying ones ability to make money to his internet connection, GTA 5 is still a good time. There is definitely enough going on in Los Santos to keep one busy.
    Expand
  89. Aug 19, 2014
    10
    One of if not the best game I have ever played, very enjoyable. Good storyline and very interesting characters. Online is very fun also. Amazingly beautiful game good enough to be on next gen consoles. A must get for any video game lover!
  90. Aug 11, 2014
    9
    The map is amazingly huge and so many activities! The three character game play was awesome and the Story line was pretty good. Driving feels really hard at first which makes it really fun to drive around with. Same with the planes and helicopters There is a chuck of San Andreas which i liked, and the story line is really long so i enjoyed it for a long time. The heists were awesome and isThe map is amazingly huge and so many activities! The three character game play was awesome and the Story line was pretty good. Driving feels really hard at first which makes it really fun to drive around with. Same with the planes and helicopters There is a chuck of San Andreas which i liked, and the story line is really long so i enjoyed it for a long time. The heists were awesome and is the first time they put in heists. I'm not really sure if the graphics for the mountains could've been better but other then that, it's one of the best games I've played. Expand
  91. Aug 3, 2014
    9
    Absolutely amazing game. I won't bother writing a proper review for this game as it's been done to death by this point, but I will say it is amazing. The only real faults I have is the radio stations don't have quite enough content for my taste, you can't change the default car of your characters, which makes buying cars kind of redundant, especially with the cars fading away from garageAbsolutely amazing game. I won't bother writing a proper review for this game as it's been done to death by this point, but I will say it is amazing. The only real faults I have is the radio stations don't have quite enough content for my taste, you can't change the default car of your characters, which makes buying cars kind of redundant, especially with the cars fading away from garage bug, and the money needs to stream in a lot more at the start of the game so that you can actually enjoy buying stuff instead of waiting for that 31 mil hit at the end with some stock market exploits for win.

    Other than that and the frame rate issues the game rocked. The three characters are likeable and believable if not exaggerated. The weapons feel great, and have useful customisations. The vehicles have their own perks and the auto shop is a wonderful addition to the game. The city breaths and has a life of its own, the storyline is fun and fresh, the gameplay is awesome as well, with a wide range of missions that truly brought a smile to my dial.

    It's great to see the PC movement hasn't quite infected all aspects of gaming yet, and I hope it never will.
    Expand
  92. Aug 2, 2014
    9
    Groundbreaking game. Enormous open world several times larger than GTA IV's. Character switching is a creative way to keep the game refreshing. Large selection of weapons. Large selection of vehicles. For the car hoarders, it's very difficult to pick your top 16 cars to modify and store because there are so many choices. Unfortunately, Rockstar hasn't perfected police behavior yet - butGroundbreaking game. Enormous open world several times larger than GTA IV's. Character switching is a creative way to keep the game refreshing. Large selection of weapons. Large selection of vehicles. For the car hoarders, it's very difficult to pick your top 16 cars to modify and store because there are so many choices. Unfortunately, Rockstar hasn't perfected police behavior yet - but certainly improved over GTA IV where they would randomly appear. I would give the game a 10/10 if it weren't for the bugs... cars disappear at safehouses for Franklin and Trevor. The garage door sticks shut at Michael's house and cars disappear there on occasion too. The lack of confidence in spending $1-10M on a car in the game out of fear it will disappear sort of ruins the excitement a little. But overall, the game is 100% worth buying, but not perfect. That'll give us something to look forward to with GTA 6. Expand
  93. Aug 1, 2014
    10
    Simply the best GTA game after San Andreas with the return of flyable airplanes and finally brought back all the fun aspects that was lacking since GTA IV and also improved on basically every mechanics in the game such as driving, shooting, etc. This is a game that you simply can not miss out on.
  94. Jul 30, 2014
    10
    The GTA series has managed to impress with every new addition to the series and GTA 5 not only impressed but exceeds exceptions on every front. The game play has been tuned and refined to be the smoothest and most enjoyable game in a GTA game or any game in general. The graphics have to be seen to be believed that they look so good on dated hardware. An the sound and atmosphere isThe GTA series has managed to impress with every new addition to the series and GTA 5 not only impressed but exceeds exceptions on every front. The game play has been tuned and refined to be the smoothest and most enjoyable game in a GTA game or any game in general. The graphics have to be seen to be believed that they look so good on dated hardware. An the sound and atmosphere is perfect. GTA 5 in the pinnacle of open world games and has raised the bar for gaming in general.
    The only people I could imagine not enjoying this game would be those with very delicate sensibility's as the game is down right vulgar and perverted at times, but that has always been one of the charms of the GTA series.
    Expand
  95. Jul 30, 2014
    10
    Grand Theft Auto V is an exhilarating game that is a must play. The story is quite good that has a nice twist to it, the missions are very fun and action packed, and the characters have their own unique personalities. I do like that each character is doing an activity or has selected a different wardrobe because it feels like that they actually have a life to live outside of when youGrand Theft Auto V is an exhilarating game that is a must play. The story is quite good that has a nice twist to it, the missions are very fun and action packed, and the characters have their own unique personalities. I do like that each character is doing an activity or has selected a different wardrobe because it feels like that they actually have a life to live outside of when you control them. This Grand Theft Auto has a nice balance between story missions and free roam, and there are a lot to do in each. As opposed to Grand Theft Auto IV the player actually has property to buy and that property generates income and another improvement is the driving, it's a whole lot better. The online portion of the game is amazing too. It's a blast to goof off with friends in free roam and do some missions or racing together. Grand Theft Auto V is an amazing free roam game that has tons of things to do and you'll be playing it for hours upon hours. Expand
  96. Jul 28, 2014
    10
    I was excited massivley for this game i watched the tralier over and over again and when it came out on one day before my birthday and on that day i saw it i was so happy and when i got it and finished the main missions which took a long time because i kept on getting distracted with so much to do races, parachute jumps , side missions,random incounters and the most fun reason drivingI was excited massivley for this game i watched the tralier over and over again and when it came out on one day before my birthday and on that day i saw it i was so happy and when i got it and finished the main missions which took a long time because i kept on getting distracted with so much to do races, parachute jumps , side missions,random incounters and the most fun reason driving around like a maniac killing shoting everyone and getting chased by the police my god SOOOOOOO MUCH FUN X). the biggest thing that gta 5 has is mutipule characters Franklin ,Michael and Trevor. The missions in my opinon are some of the best the Rockstar have made the hiests and trevors missions are my presonal favs.The story is good but not as good as gta 4s story but who plays gta for story you play it for the open world gameplay which gta 5 shows its awesomness. The world is beautiful I think its so good that may xbox 360 is killing itself to show it on the screen but the frame rate drops a bit but its hardly noticalble when your having so much fun in this world. the vehicals handle perfectly and the water is the best i have seen in a game. Each character has thier own special ability franklin can slow down time when driving Michael can do the same when shooting and trevor can take a lot of hits and can do more damage.Exploring the world is also so much fun like finding easter eggs who dosen't like that.and then theres the online and my god what can i say about their are jobs to do which are fun like racing and survivals but exploring the world with friends and causing trouble its just the iecing over this lovely and delicious cake. I want to give this game more than 10 out of 10 but i can't do that so if your a fan of the well theres actually no point of saying that because you probably all ready have 10 out of 10 is my verdict Expand
  97. Jul 27, 2014
    8
    This game is one of the greatest games of this generation and certainly would get on greatest of all time lists. The story is about 3 people and their attempts at making it big(basically every other GTA story). They transition well and the story isn't awful. A lot of people say that it was lame and they didn't care about what was happening, but that might be because it is so easy to loseThis game is one of the greatest games of this generation and certainly would get on greatest of all time lists. The story is about 3 people and their attempts at making it big(basically every other GTA story). They transition well and the story isn't awful. A lot of people say that it was lame and they didn't care about what was happening, but that might be because it is so easy to lose focus on the story when presented with one of the greatest sandboxes of all time.

    The driving is a huge improvement over GTA 4 and the shooting is great. Some people complain about the aim dot but guess what? You can change it in the settings. You character is annoying when running up a hill and when he/she falls over they take what feels like a long time to get up which is absolutely dreadful when playing Online.

    The cops are extremely annoying in the game. They have radar vision and when you are hiding can spot you even when it says they aren't looking at you. I once was hiding a bush where I couldn't see myself when maneuvering the camera and the cops drive by, stop and jump into the bushes for no reason and find me. This problem continues in Online where you can have a fight with someone else and the cops will show up try killing you. This drains your health and leaves you vulnerable to one shot by the other player.

    Car customization is good, but it lacks a lot on certain vehicles. There isn't much to do with Trucks in the game when customizing. There are basically only 2 upgrades you will get that aren't just visual. One type improves acceleration and the other gives you bulletproof tires so no one can pop them when you are driving.

    In Onine it is very fun yet will get ruined when facing a glicher who is exploiting in game glitches to pad his stats, jet users, and people who sit in Zentorno/Entity/Adders running you over and sitting with the back to you. The jet is one of the worst things in Online. When turning it lags where it is and carries explosive bullets when using the Machine gun on it.

    People complain about RockStar not releasing the heists but then they have to fix hacks people have been doing to get unlimited amounts of money. People are constantly trying to find ways to do this and R* has to release a patch to this so heists will be relevant. Money is kind of hard to make when starting out yet it gets simple at level 25 which is a pretty easy level to get to.

    The game has its flaws yet it still is one of the best games I have ever played.
    Expand
  98. Jul 24, 2014
    10
    This game is amazing, they fixed most of the problems we had with GTA IV. What I liked about GTA V 1.Rockstar added some of features from the previous GTA's, and other games created 2. Even though they brought back the arcadish driving, it seems better because the car physics aren't boaty like GTA Iv's. I mean the driving GTA V may not be realistic as IV's but it's feels better. 3. BeingThis game is amazing, they fixed most of the problems we had with GTA IV. What I liked about GTA V 1.Rockstar added some of features from the previous GTA's, and other games created 2. Even though they brought back the arcadish driving, it seems better because the car physics aren't boaty like GTA Iv's. I mean the driving GTA V may not be realistic as IV's but it's feels better. 3. Being able to control Franklin, Michael, Trevor at once was incredible. It was something I haven't seen Rockstar games do before.
    4. The cinematic game play was something I also never seen Rockstar do with GTA. There really any loading screens on the single player, after it loads up, and the cinematic gameplay make mission awesome.
    5. The NPC's, and the characters, are very responsive.
    6. The interactions.
    7. The customizations with the cars.
    8. The weapons being customizable.
    9. The online, was finally something could enjoy without role playing without police crew. Unlike GTA IV where you just drive around in a freemode bored, you actually get stuff done.
    10. The new LS looks amazing, and the whole entire map is huge and beautiful .
    11. The updates

    My conclusion:
    GTA V has become my favorite GTA. I really hope rockstar, keeps up the good work. I know little bit of San Andreas fanboys wanted a San Andreas clone, (As usual) but this rules. I still like SA, but I like V more.
    Expand
  99. Jul 22, 2014
    10
    Ridiculously good game. Possibly the best as far as sandbox shoot/drive games go. Tons of little details that will make you say, "that's crazy!"
    Colorful characters, great physics engine, silky smooth gameplay AND online play. What more could you want?
  100. Jul 19, 2014
    4
    I understand that a lot of people enjoy GTA V. I admit that it has some excellent story missions with truly creative and clever ideas. However, I do not enjoy playing this game and I believe that the critics that gave this game a perfect rating let their excitement get the better of them. GTA V deserves some criticism and in my opinion it is very far from the 'ultimate sandbox game' thatI understand that a lot of people enjoy GTA V. I admit that it has some excellent story missions with truly creative and clever ideas. However, I do not enjoy playing this game and I believe that the critics that gave this game a perfect rating let their excitement get the better of them. GTA V deserves some criticism and in my opinion it is very far from the 'ultimate sandbox game' that many people have described it to be. GTA has no inspiring features, you simply rob stores and screw hookers similarly to how you do in the previous games. The only truly iconic feature that GTA V has brought to its franchise is being able to control three separate characters. This makes for some pretty cool bits of gameplay in the story missions, but it's completely pointless in the open world. The whole time I played in the open world, I always stuck to playing as Trevor and had no reason to change.
    Shooting in this game is somehow even less fun here than it is in GTA IV. I've never liked the auto-aim in these games, but at least in GTA IV you could just shoot your next target without having to use it. In GTA V it punishingly difficult to try to aim and kill someone without auto-aim, with your marker being so small and the camera so stiff. The easiest way to kill anyone is to flick your LT and RT triggers in sequence, which makes this mechanic boring in a game with little other gameplay to offer.
    The open world is the most disappointing feature. No matter how alive Rocksteady has worked to make the world feel alive, once you've completely the main missions the open world simply feels dead. Sure you can do side activities such as sports like golf and tennis, but all of these activities have little reward and just feel tedious. Furthermore, the graphics in this game are also not as outstanding as it has been boasted. Truly, when you think about the detail in other sandbox games like Just Cause 2, which came out earlier and has a bigger open world, GTA V looks much worse.
    My final problem with GTA V is with its online mode. There's nothing left to do in it! There are races, a few missions (which you have to play by yourself), and that's it! If you're in a map with your friends the most amount of fun you will have will come from robbing stores and getting involved in car chases, but these will get old quickly. The main appealing aspect about an online mode is its co-operative heists, but these still aren't available to play meaning there's little-to-nothing to do in the same extremely dull open world at all.
    I don't completely hate GTA V, and I respect Rockstar. This game gets some things spot-on-right, for example, I enjoyed almost all of the story missions, I especially enjoyed the excellent ending decision you had to make, the characters were interesting, and the dialogue was well-written and sometimes very funny. While I think the gameplay is repetitive and uninspired some people clearly love it and there is a reason why it has such a devoted fanbase. Many people love this game, I understand that. But there are many others who don't like it such as myself and my friends, and it's difficult for people like us to overlook these looming problems. If Rockstar wants to make there next GTA game more appealing there are many places they can start, for example, create more interior sections in the open world and give us an option from the launch date to play co-operative missions and heists with our friends. To be honest, however, I don't want Rockstar to return to this franchise ever again. It is an overall uninteresting, unappealing and uninspired concept to many people such as myself. Rockstar has made so many more defining and unique open-world games in the past such as Red Dead Redemption and Bully, both of which have much better characters and much more immersive open worlds than there are in all of the GTA games combined. I hope they return to games like these in the future and bring us more of these other excellent titles that are still talked about. Please Rockstar, abandon GTA and focus on making a sequel to your best work.
    Expand
  101. Sep 17, 2013
    0
    One hell of a game. It has a great narrative, tight gameplay and a fantastic soundtrack. It's everything you could want from a Rockstar game and more! Game of the year and quite possibly the game of this generation. (Ignore the jealous PC fanboys and buy this game!)
Metascore
97

Universal acclaim - based on 58 Critics

Critic score distribution:
  1. Positive: 57 out of 58
  2. Negative: 0 out of 58
  1. Dec 12, 2013
    80
    Grand Theft Auto V offers one of the best sandbox experiences ever, filled to the brink with stuff to do. The vistas are magnificent and amazing stuff just seems to happen wherever you go. But at the same time the story is tired and the characters unoriginal. Your appreciation of Grand Theft Auto V will depend of what you want out of the series. The freedom and joy of discovery is hard to beat but the rest still has some ways left to go.
  2. Nov 6, 2013
    96
    GTA V continues the game series' tradition of raising the bar for open world action games.
  3. Nov 5, 2013
    95
    Tons of gameplay hours, plenty of missions and activities with an awesome collection of vehicles of various modes of transportation and a large array of firearms put the grandeur once again into Grand Theft Auto.