8.1

1. Aug 19, 2014
    One of if not the best game I have ever played, very enjoyable. Good storyline and very interesting characters. Online is very fun also. Amazingly beautiful game good enough to be on next gen consoles. A must get for any video game lover!
  2. Aug 11, 2014
    The map is amazingly huge and so many activities! The three character game play was awesome and the Story line was pretty good. Driving feels really hard at first which makes it really fun to drive around with. Same with the planes and helicopters There is a chuck of San Andreas which i liked, and the story line is really long so i enjoyed it for a long time. The heists were awesome and is the first time they put in heists. I'm not really sure if the graphics for the mountains could've been better but other then that, it's one of the best games I've played. Expand
  3. Aug 3, 2014
    Absolutely amazing game. I won't bother writing a proper review for this game as it's been done to death by this point, but I will say it is amazing. The only real faults I have is the radio stations don't have quite enough content for my taste, you can't change the default car of your characters, which makes buying cars kind of redundant, especially with the cars fading away from garage bug, and the money needs to stream in a lot more at the start of the game so that you can actually enjoy buying stuff instead of waiting for that 31 mil hit at the end with some stock market exploits for win.

Other than that and the frame rate issues the game rocked. The three characters are likeable and believable if not exaggerated. The weapons feel great, and have useful customisations. The vehicles have their own perks and the auto shop is a wonderful addition to the game. The city breaths and has a life of its own, the storyline is fun and fresh, the gameplay is awesome as well, with a wide range of missions that truly brought a smile to my dial.

It's great to see the PC movement hasn't quite infected all aspects of gaming yet, and I hope it never will.
  4. Aug 2, 2014
    Groundbreaking game. Enormous open world several times larger than GTA IV's. Character switching is a creative way to keep the game refreshing. Large selection of weapons. Large selection of vehicles. For the car hoarders, it's very difficult to pick your top 16 cars to modify and store because there are so many choices. Unfortunately, Rockstar hasn't perfected police behavior yet - but certainly improved over GTA IV where they would randomly appear. I would give the game a 10/10 if it weren't for the bugs... cars disappear at safehouses for Franklin and Trevor. The garage door sticks shut at Michael's house and cars disappear there on occasion too. The lack of confidence in spending $1-10M on a car in the game out of fear it will disappear sort of ruins the excitement a little. But overall, the game is 100% worth buying, but not perfect. That'll give us something to look forward to with GTA 6. Expand
  5. Aug 1, 2014
    Simply the best GTA game after San Andreas with the return of flyable airplanes and finally brought back all the fun aspects that was lacking since GTA IV and also improved on basically every mechanics in the game such as driving, shooting, etc. This is a game that you simply can not miss out on.
  6. Jul 30, 2014
    The GTA series has managed to impress with every new addition to the series and GTA 5 not only impressed but exceeds exceptions on every front. The game play has been tuned and refined to be the smoothest and most enjoyable game in a GTA game or any game in general. The graphics have to be seen to be believed that they look so good on dated hardware. An the sound and atmosphere is perfect. GTA 5 in the pinnacle of open world games and has raised the bar for gaming in general.
    The only people I could imagine not enjoying this game would be those with very delicate sensibility's as the game is down right vulgar and perverted at times, but that has always been one of the charms of the GTA series.
  7. Jul 30, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V is an exhilarating game that is a must play. The story is quite good that has a nice twist to it, the missions are very fun and action packed, and the characters have their own unique personalities. I do like that each character is doing an activity or has selected a different wardrobe because it feels like that they actually have a life to live outside of when you control them. This Grand Theft Auto has a nice balance between story missions and free roam, and there are a lot to do in each. As opposed to Grand Theft Auto IV the player actually has property to buy and that property generates income and another improvement is the driving, it's a whole lot better. The online portion of the game is amazing too. It's a blast to goof off with friends in free roam and do some missions or racing together. Grand Theft Auto V is an amazing free roam game that has tons of things to do and you'll be playing it for hours upon hours. Expand
  8. Jul 28, 2014
    I was excited massivley for this game i watched the tralier over and over again and when it came out on one day before my birthday and on that day i saw it i was so happy and when i got it and finished the main missions which took a long time because i kept on getting distracted with so much to do races, parachute jumps , side missions,random incounters and the most fun reason driving around like a maniac killing shoting everyone and getting chased by the police my god SOOOOOOO MUCH FUN X). the biggest thing that gta 5 has is mutipule characters Franklin ,Michael and Trevor. The missions in my opinon are some of the best the Rockstar have made the hiests and trevors missions are my presonal favs.The story is good but not as good as gta 4s story but who plays gta for story you play it for the open world gameplay which gta 5 shows its awesomness. The world is beautiful I think its so good that may xbox 360 is killing itself to show it on the screen but the frame rate drops a bit but its hardly noticalble when your having so much fun in this world. the vehicals handle perfectly and the water is the best i have seen in a game. Each character has thier own special ability franklin can slow down time when driving Michael can do the same when shooting and trevor can take a lot of hits and can do more damage.Exploring the world is also so much fun like finding easter eggs who dosen't like that.and then theres the online and my god what can i say about their are jobs to do which are fun like racing and survivals but exploring the world with friends and causing trouble its just the iecing over this lovely and delicious cake. I want to give this game more than 10 out of 10 but i can't do that so if your a fan of the well theres actually no point of saying that because you probably all ready have 10 out of 10 is my verdict Expand
  9. Jul 27, 2014
    This game is one of the greatest games of this generation and certainly would get on greatest of all time lists. The story is about 3 people and their attempts at making it big(basically every other GTA story). They transition well and the story isn't awful. A lot of people say that it was lame and they didn't care about what was happening, but that might be because it is so easy to lose focus on the story when presented with one of the greatest sandboxes of all time.

The driving is a huge improvement over GTA 4 and the shooting is great. Some people complain about the aim dot but guess what? You can change it in the settings. You character is annoying when running up a hill and when he/she falls over they take what feels like a long time to get up which is absolutely dreadful when playing Online.

The cops are extremely annoying in the game. They have radar vision and when you are hiding can spot you even when it says they aren't looking at you. I once was hiding a bush where I couldn't see myself when maneuvering the camera and the cops drive by, stop and jump into the bushes for no reason and find me. This problem continues in Online where you can have a fight with someone else and the cops will show up try killing you. This drains your health and leaves you vulnerable to one shot by the other player.

Car customization is good, but it lacks a lot on certain vehicles. There isn't much to do with Trucks in the game when customizing. There are basically only 2 upgrades you will get that aren't just visual. One type improves acceleration and the other gives you bulletproof tires so no one can pop them when you are driving.

In Onine it is very fun yet will get ruined when facing a glicher who is exploiting in game glitches to pad his stats, jet users, and people who sit in Zentorno/Entity/Adders running you over and sitting with the back to you. The jet is one of the worst things in Online. When turning it lags where it is and carries explosive bullets when using the Machine gun on it.

People complain about RockStar not releasing the heists but then they have to fix hacks people have been doing to get unlimited amounts of money. People are constantly trying to find ways to do this and R* has to release a patch to this so heists will be relevant. Money is kind of hard to make when starting out yet it gets simple at level 25 which is a pretty easy level to get to.

The game has its flaws yet it still is one of the best games I have ever played.
  10. Jul 26, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V is amazing. Rockstar Games managed to squeeze every last ounce out of what the Xbox 360 can do, and the results are obvious. The world is huge, probably the size of GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV and Red Dead Redemption combined. It's filled with detail, and the atmospheric sound design, be it in the city of Los Santos, or in the vast countryside, makes it feel like you're in an actual living breathing environment.

The action is thrilling. Even though aiming is a little more static than in Max Payne 3, it has improved over GTA IV by miles. The game also features its ow action soundtrack, each track amping up every set-piece, making getting involved in action-packed shootouts much more fun.

A very welcome addition is the beefed-up police force. In GTA IV, it sometimes felt they weren't even trying to catch you. In here, however, it's not hard to get pinned by two police cars, which usually means death. Even though the difficulty has been raised significantly; Rockstar has thought about still giving you a fighting chance, by giving all three playable characters their own special ability, such as improved driving reflexes, a rage mode, and slow-motion aiming, which you can use to give the police the tail.

Switching between the three characters, even though it's not as fast as shown in the trailers, is really easy, and soon you'll be doing it a lot.

Grand Theft Auto V incorprates the same weapon system as Red Ded Redemption. Once you aquired a weapon by any means, that weapon will stay in your weapon-wheel, regardless if you've used up all your ammo for it. This is a very welcome addition. And if you feel like a weapon needs that personal touch, you can go to Ammu-Nation and equip it with a silencer, extended magazines, etc. Returning from GTA: San Andreas, you can mod your vehicles too.

GTA Online still leaves some to be desired, but as for the single player, you really can't go wrong with the biggest, most complete Grand Theft Auto game yet.
  11. Jul 24, 2014
    This game is amazing, they fixed most of the problems we had with GTA IV. What I liked about GTA V 1.Rockstar added some of features from the previous GTA's, and other games created 2. Even though they brought back the arcadish driving, it seems better because the car physics aren't boaty like GTA Iv's. I mean the driving GTA V may not be realistic as IV's but it's feels better. 3. Being able to control Franklin, Michael, Trevor at once was incredible. It was something I haven't seen Rockstar games do before.
    4. The cinematic game play was something I also never seen Rockstar do with GTA. There really any loading screens on the single player, after it loads up, and the cinematic gameplay make mission awesome.
    5. The NPC's, and the characters, are very responsive.
    6. The interactions.
    7. The customizations with the cars.
    8. The weapons being customizable.
    9. The online, was finally something could enjoy without role playing without police crew. Unlike GTA IV where you just drive around in a freemode bored, you actually get stuff done.
    10. The new LS looks amazing, and the whole entire map is huge and beautiful .
    11. The updates

My conclusion:
    GTA V has become my favorite GTA. I really hope rockstar, keeps up the good work. I know little bit of San Andreas fanboys wanted a San Andreas clone, (As usual) but this rules. I still like SA, but I like V more.
  12. Jul 22, 2014
    Ridiculously good game. Possibly the best as far as sandbox shoot/drive games go. Tons of little details that will make you say, "that's crazy!"
    Colorful characters, great physics engine, silky smooth gameplay AND online play. What more could you want?
  13. Jul 19, 2014
    I understand that a lot of people enjoy GTA V. I admit that it has some excellent story missions with truly creative and clever ideas. However, I do not enjoy playing this game and I believe that the critics that gave this game a perfect rating let their excitement get the better of them. GTA V deserves some criticism and in my opinion it is very far from the 'ultimate sandbox game' that many people have described it to be. GTA has no inspiring features, you simply rob stores and screw hookers similarly to how you do in the previous games. The only truly iconic feature that GTA V has brought to its franchise is being able to control three separate characters. This makes for some pretty cool bits of gameplay in the story missions, but it's completely pointless in the open world. The whole time I played in the open world, I always stuck to playing as Trevor and had no reason to change.
    Shooting in this game is somehow even less fun here than it is in GTA IV. I've never liked the auto-aim in these games, but at least in GTA IV you could just shoot your next target without having to use it. In GTA V it punishingly difficult to try to aim and kill someone without auto-aim, with your marker being so small and the camera so stiff. The easiest way to kill anyone is to flick your LT and RT triggers in sequence, which makes this mechanic boring in a game with little other gameplay to offer.
    The open world is the most disappointing feature. No matter how alive Rocksteady has worked to make the world feel alive, once you've completely the main missions the open world simply feels dead. Sure you can do side activities such as sports like golf and tennis, but all of these activities have little reward and just feel tedious. Furthermore, the graphics in this game are also not as outstanding as it has been boasted. Truly, when you think about the detail in other sandbox games like Just Cause 2, which came out earlier and has a bigger open world, GTA V looks much worse.
    My final problem with GTA V is with its online mode. There's nothing left to do in it! There are races, a few missions (which you have to play by yourself), and that's it! If you're in a map with your friends the most amount of fun you will have will come from robbing stores and getting involved in car chases, but these will get old quickly. The main appealing aspect about an online mode is its co-operative heists, but these still aren't available to play meaning there's little-to-nothing to do in the same extremely dull open world at all.
    I don't completely hate GTA V, and I respect Rockstar. This game gets some things spot-on-right, for example, I enjoyed almost all of the story missions, I especially enjoyed the excellent ending decision you had to make, the characters were interesting, and the dialogue was well-written and sometimes very funny. While I think the gameplay is repetitive and uninspired some people clearly love it and there is a reason why it has such a devoted fanbase. Many people love this game, I understand that. But there are many others who don't like it such as myself and my friends, and it's difficult for people like us to overlook these looming problems. If Rockstar wants to make there next GTA game more appealing there are many places they can start, for example, create more interior sections in the open world and give us an option from the launch date to play co-operative missions and heists with our friends. To be honest, however, I don't want Rockstar to return to this franchise ever again. It is an overall uninteresting, unappealing and uninspired concept to many people such as myself. Rockstar has made so many more defining and unique open-world games in the past such as Red Dead Redemption and Bully, both of which have much better characters and much more immersive open worlds than there are in all of the GTA games combined. I hope they return to games like these in the future and bring us more of these other excellent titles that are still talked about. Please Rockstar, abandon GTA and focus on making a sequel to your best work.
  14. Jul 17, 2014
    This game is SO over achieved. Saints row is a lot better than this crap. For 1 it is WAY to inappropriate, You can walk into a strip club, who's idea was that? The game play in here is nothing new, open world, go into anyone's care, and just drive around and shoot people. Oh and not only that 3 characters! This game is WAY to inappropriate for anybody to play. And it is WAY to over achieved. Trust me, do not buy this game, it is a waste of money and a waste of time. Probably gonna get tons of 10 year old haters for this. Expand
  15. Jul 15, 2014
    GTA 5 was NOT the best game in the year 2013. Why? Because it was an overhyped AAA-title, that can't raise the bar. With raise the bar i doesn't mean the SUPER MEGA HYPER graphics. It was good marketed (at least in Germany), but in Gameplay it had no innovations. It was the same title like the olders, with a new, in 1,5 hours playable story (but the story was good) and new graphics. That is the reason to pay 60€ (in Germany). Well, it had good elements, but no new.

1000000000000/100- IGN

Sorry for translation errors.
  16. Jul 14, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V. Grand Theft Auto is a series that I was waiting to get my hands on ever since I started playing video games, which was back when I was seven. Back in June, I got that chance when I started playing GTA IV. I will review that game later, as I unfortunately have not completed that game's main story missions yet. This is mostly because I got GTA V only a couple of weeks later. So, is this game deserve the 2013...game...of...okay, you know something, forget the intro, you all know what I'm going to say. This is probably one of the greatest games I have ever played, if not the greatest. Everything about this game is amazing, and Rockstar should be proud of themselves for making it. The gameplay of this game is insanely fun. It gives you a massive open world that you are free to explore from the beginning after completing just the first couple of missions. There is so much to do in this open world that it is insane! You can follow the game's story as you do missions, participate in activities in Los Santos such as tennis or watching movies, customize your characters by giving them different clothing and hair cuts, and so much more! Of course, if you want to just go around shooting everything you see, you can do that too. You can also steal and drive cars. The driving in this game is fantastic! I haven't played a game with driving good since Mario Kart. All of the cars handle nicely, and I feel more like it's my own fault that I crashed in this game than in any other game. The shooting in this game is nice too. You can take cover behind pretty much anything in the open world of Los Santos and shoot from behind cover. As stated however, there is a lot more to do in this game than just driving and shooting. You can also play sports, watch movies, go on the internet, or just explore the state of San Andreas. There is also a main story for you to follow, involving three main characters, Michael, Franklin, and Trevor. This brings up another great thing about the gameplay of this game: there are three main characters, and you can switch between them at any time. They aren't different gameplay-wise, other than their special abilities that make them unique such as Franklin's slow-motion driving. However, they more than make up for this with their different personalities, which I will go over in the story section of this review. It is also remarkably bug free, throughout my playthrough of the game's story, I only encountered one bug while I was playing. However, once I died, the game immediately went back to normal. The story missions are all really fun to play despite a few bugs here and there. It is definitely better than Skyrim was with bugs (Skyrim is still amazing, don't get me wrong, but there were several bugs in it). Overall, this game's gameplay is fantastic, no matter how you decide to play it. As for the graphics, not even Far Cry 3 competes with this game's beautiful graphics. That's right. I have found a game that actually looks better than Far Cry 3. This game is about as realistic as graphics in a video game can get. The game's graphics are vibrant, colorful, and perfectly replicate the looks of a city in California, and the Californian countryside. Everything is rich with detail in this game, and beautiful to look at. As for the story, I think I have a new contender for best story in a video game. It might even make BioShock Infinite's story look bad. This game's story takes you across the state of San Andreas with the game's three main characters. There's Michael: a retired bank robber who just wants to be with his family, Trevor: a psychopath who was a former partner of Michael's, and Franklin: an African American who is new to the criminal scene, and just wants to make a lot of money being a criminal. What follows is a story filled with illegal acts, grittiness, humor, and a fun ride from start to finish. Overall, this game's story is one of the greatest I've ever heard in my life. This game really is a fantastic game from start to finish. It is one of...no, it is the greatest game I have ever played. There is not much more that needs to be said. This game is so good, that I just can't put it down, even after completing its story. All I can say is, if you own an Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3, you absolutely need this game. If you don't own it, go buy it now. Just make sure you can take this game's controversial content.
    Gameplay: 10/10
    Graphics: 10/10
    Story: 10/10
    Overall: 10/10
  17. Jul 14, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V is a very wise game and probably the best of its franchise, the character switch is very smart, this game reminded me a lot of a 1995 heist film called Heat starring Robert De Niro and Al Pacino
  18. Jul 5, 2014
    Great Game, I didn't expect that something could reach SA level, but this probably did. Great immersion, great music, great story, superb gameplay.

Good job.
  19. Jul 4, 2014
    The Singleplayer is entertaining and the production value is high. However a lot of the side-missions lack incentive for completing and serve only as minor distractions. Though to the games defense they are all well made and fun. This also applies to the story-missions, which are all entertaining and add twists to what some consider a monotonous formula of "drive here and either shoot, collect or chase something."

GTA online is great. Lot's of modes and missions to play, some are incredibly fun. One that I enjoyed tasked two teams of four with collecting a package and returning it to their home base. The result was an explosive game of tug-of-war. There's a lot to say about GTA-online, but really all you need to know is that it's fun and the range of customisation is impressive.
  20. Jul 4, 2014
    OK, there isn't much to say about a game that cost nearly 265M of US dollars to produce. It's plain perfect. A complete GTA game and the best (along with Vice City) ever created in video games' history (at least for this gen). I hope Rockstar will use the raw potential of the much more powerul XONE and PS4 and create a sequel that'll make once more our jaws drop (like GTA V did when it first hit the market). 10/10 for sure! Expand
  21. Jun 28, 2014
    Having been a long time Gta fan, I thought to myself, could Gta V really beat San Andreas. Yes and well no, Gta V is a masterpiece no doubt, with its immaculate graphics and innovative character storytelling however the unexplainable feeling of accomplishment that was felt in San Andreas was somewhat missing in-existent, It almost made me ponder if such a story as Gta Sa could be beat... Then I went on line. Boom everything that I could imagine came to life. The world and everyone in it, is your sandbox. With non stop dlcs, you can finally show off all that training to others or share in the beautiful world that is San Andreas Expand
  22. Jun 25, 2014
    A long, drawn out mess of glitches, stress, and broken promises, Grand Theft Auto V is just not what could be considered "industry standard" in modern gaming. Rockstar seems to have rushed to the point that they released a game with no content, and are having to play "catch-up" in order to avoid chasing off most fans. How this game manages such high ratings is far beyond me!

I will
    admit, I was a sucker that went out (having loved all the GTA games I've played) and purchased the whole collector's edition deal. I was thoroughly satisfied with my purchase, and enjoyed playing single player in eager anticipation of "Grand Theft Auto: Online", the big deal multiplayer for this game that wasn't even released with the game, but weeks after. I figured that it would not be a problem, they must have taken their time. I'll enjoy the single player story, which is the only reason I am even giving this game a 3 and not a 1. The story is phenomenal. I laughed, got frustrated (but in a good way), and enjoyed seeing these three characters slowly work their way together to be the syndicate crime trio they ended as.

Moving on to the not-so-great, multiplayer in this game is so many DLC packs behind where they originally promised that it is utterly sickening. I can count five times that the infamous "Heist Update" was mentioned, and yet it is still "not quite ready for release" according to Rockstar's official statements at the release of one of the many filler packs (consisting mostly of clothes, weapons, and sometimes the same bland cars you've seen before), the "I'm Not A Hipster Pack". I cannot speak for readers of this review, but I have grown very tired of stale downloadable content that just screams copy-paste-recolor, and that is all I feel they have done with GTA Online. From one horrible decision to the next, with ever-so-slight fixes in the game that are few and far-between, GTA Online fails to compete to even the simplicity of GTA IV's online mode, in which glitches do not run rampant, and money is not an issue that is constantly being worked on (and microtransacted). I cannot say that I feel I got my money's worth with this game. The story was great, but when you were promised something so much more, it is upsetting. Rockstar, you have created a monster of a poor game in a very modern and new gaming generation, and I fear that it will harm you severely, with many players flocking to next-gen consoles. I understand a release for GTA V on the new generation consoles is coming soon, but you have to ask yourself: "Would I spend even more money on this game, just to get the same broken promises?" I know I certainly am having second thoughts. What would you do, Rockstar?
  23. Jun 23, 2014
    Summary: Los Santos is a sprawling sun-soaked metropolis full of self-help gurus, starlets and once-important stars. The city was once the envy of the Western world, but is now struggling to stay relevant in an era of economic uncertainty and reality TV. Amidst the chaos, three very different criminals chart their own chances of survival and success: Franklin, a former street gangster, now looking for real opportunities and fat stacks of cash; Michael, a professional ex-con whose retirement is significantly less rosy than he hoped it would be; and Trevor, a violent maniac driven by the chance of a cheap high and the next big score. Rapidly running out of options, the crew risks everything in a series of bolt and dangerous heists that could set them up for the long haul. Expand
  24. Jun 21, 2014
    Never in my life have I been so satisfied with the completion of a Grand Theft Auto game. The three alternate endings make your decisions rattle around in your head for days. A truly fantastic installment in the GTA with refreshing game-play, fantastic and responsive controls and a beautiful open world at your fingertips. Welcome to Los Santos.
  25. Jun 15, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Grand Theft Auto is one of the biggest franchises in the world, and it is world-wide known by gamers, angry parents, and the news (CNN, Fox News). And with it's new entry on the franchise, Grand Theft Auto 5 is one of the biggest games R* Games has ever made, there is a bunch of activities to do in the game. Grand Theft Auto 5 is amazing, it has amazing graphics, gameplay mechanics, and beautiful soundtrack (radio). The story is based around 3 characters with different personalities; Franklin Clinton, a former member of the Grove Street families and he is a realist, he is looking to win some cash after he got fired from his job. Michael De Santa, a retired bank robber who is in a crisis, he has a dysfunctional family, but when he brings down the house of an angry mobster, he will need to pull out some heists in order to win some cash. And last but not least and my personal favorite: Trevor Phillips, he is absolutely what defines the Grand Theft Auto franchise, he sells crystal meth, and also he is a complete psychopath. Franklin, Michael, and Trevor will perform heists in order to win money. And there is also Grand Theft Auto Online, in which you can play with your friends and do a lot of activities in Los Santos.

So far Rock-star games doesn't disappoint.
  26. Jun 12, 2014
    My Pros and Cons list about how I feel about Rockstar's most ambitious Grand Theft Auto V
    PROS:
    - The narrative that Rockstar created is very ambitious and they explained the true meaning of gluttony and vengeance.
    - These TV Shows and topnotch Hollywood movie hits like Breaking Bad and No Country for Old Men appears as Easter Eggs in GTA V which is awesome..!
    - The environment in this
    game totally defines the paradise of Southern California
    - Those graphics looked next gen!
    - The characters in GTA V are hilarious!
    - There are a lot of stuff to do in Los Santos when you're bored
    - Deeper customization on Weapons and Vehicles makes this game special
    - Most of the cutscenes makes me laugh out loud!
    - Driving Mechanics are fun and improved and it beats GTA IV's buttery driving
    - The three main protagonist story makes this game excellent
    - Shooting Mechanics is way much better
    - And last but not least there was Trevor Phillips
    - The Soundtrack that represents Los Santos is very "Glamorous" I wish Rockstar add more songs on the Radio Stations so we can get this party shift going.
    CONS:
    - Grand Theft Auto: Online makes me lose interest on it because of hackers exploiting crap by ruining the online experience for players that wanted to play real hard in Los Santos.
    Rockstar Games delivered one of the best open world sandbox experience in GTA V by bringing a lot of diversity for us to do. but Online didn't worked at all. So I'm not going to count GTA Online on GTA V's cons since GTA Online is a seperate game only for online. So GTA V gets a perfect 10 on this one. Although GTA V is not the best GTA of all time but this GTA gets a perfect score by bringing the best experience for Current Gen players...!
  27. Jun 11, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The GTA series is the best sandbox game out there. Not only is the single mode exciting, lively, full of action, but its also GRREEAAATT. Its online is also a very good part and I think its the best section. You get to create your character buy what you want (earning your money) including cars, apartments, and even clothes! I recommending buying this game right away if you dont already have it. Expand
  28. Jun 3, 2014
    I agree with others, this game deserves a way better score than just 8.1, rather at least 9. I don't know why some people put bad reviews for such an excellent game!
  29. Jun 1, 2014
    A really great game. This story was fantastic and difficult to keep you playing for a long time. The characters are what made the game. Trevor is just so crazy he was so entertaining to watch and use as a playable character. The only criticism are the load times are long and the online isn't amazing, still a fantastic game. It was worth the wait.
  30. May 30, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V makes Hot Coffee look like ghost, the amount of nudity, drug uses, swearing and pretty much everything is here and it some how pulls it off with the great graphics and being good, the characters are something to care about, the heists are amazing (Certainly the Paleto Bay Heist) and a superb variety of stuff to spend on unlike GTA IV which lacked on stuff to buy.
    The
    only thing that ruins the GTA V experience is GTA Online, its not totally terrible, but it lacks on GTA V stuff, we haven't got the stuff we were promised and it is still buggy.

GTA V = 10/10
    With GTA Online = 9.2/10
  31. May 30, 2014
    Great, massive, overwhelming, impressive, all round game. swimming, running, driving, shooting. and everything you can wish. Gta needs no introduction, Amazing experiences worth bullet loads of cash! Rock star games has a winner right here! Bigger and better than any previous Gta. The gaming heaven. You're not playing this game for a emotional story. however a laugh, some fun and some seriously fu*ked up characters to go along with. Expand
  32. May 28, 2014
    One of the only games I give a 10, besides Playstation exclusive The Last Of Us.

What I consider a 10 game is a well developed story, filler activities that keep you engaged, and the replay value. This game gave us excellent graphics, almost photorealistic on the Xbox 360, a funny and intriguing story, and lots of things to buy the money you earned in the game with. Now every game has
    its flaws, the online component of the game could be updated more often, it can get insanely repetitive, and not enough cash is there to be made. This is largely due to the fact that GTA:Online has micro transactions, so they are trying to box players into buying more in game money, because it takes so long to build up enough cash to do what you want online. I take issue with that in some regard, but hey companies have to keep revenue going somehow. Other than that the game is truly a masterpiece. Expand
  33. May 27, 2014
    I feel there is so much more they could have done with this game. The base of the game is great, but the execution doesn't feel well done. Pros: Great graphics, for an Xbox 360 Interesting and well written characters Missions are usually different each time and don't get repetitive Heist missions are a good idea Cons: Not enough single player missions (only about 70 missions)
    Side missions are extremely repetitive and have little reward or incentive to do
    Not much to do after beating the game
    Only 3 heist missions, when the trailers for the game said they would be a huge part of the game
    Not much replay value
  34. May 27, 2014
    An awesome game ! I did not liked GTA 4, I was waiting for an other GTA like the San Andreas episode.
    A fun, beautiful and very distracting game ! The Online is a real big change and a good surprise too !

Story is awesome
  35. May 27, 2014
    after playing watch dogs today i realize that this is a masterpiece, i will play it until it hurts is just awesome, cant wait for a new Rockstar game, they deserve everything they have achieve, so many clones of GTA without any good result, so never betray the original sandbox masters.
  36. May 25, 2014
    The story alone will keep you playing for a good 20 hours, adding all the bonus stuff and secrets and you're looking at an extra 15 hours, that's 35 hours just for the single player, add the online mode and you may have a game that'll never die. Aside from the great re-playability of this game, the story, characters, and just about everything else in this game is fantastic, the game looks amazing, the physics engine is phenomenal, the story was extremely well, and I just had an overall blast with this game, 2nd place for GOTY IMO (right after the Zelda game), give it a PC release and I'll give it a 10. Expand
  37. May 24, 2014
    This games is just cheap and immature its not fun and crude.
    This is for people with a single digit IQ Im lucky I borrowed it from my brother because this game is so bad.
  38. May 22, 2014
    Okay, Arguably the Biggest game of the year, and one of the last big games of the generation, GTA V had a lot of hype surrounding it. And I'll just say that it was worth the wait. The game is pretty damn good. Now some people are gonna disagree with me on certain things I write in this review, most probably about the multiplayer portion of the game, GTA Online. But let e start off with the story portion of the game. It's definitly the best thing you'll get out of this game, at least at the moment. The characters, the setting, the vehicles, the guns, the side-quests, the entire GTA V universe is amazing. The feeling I got after I'd installed the second disc and the game finally began, was just.... damn. I was basically like OHHHAAWWWW SHEEEIT , OH MAH GAWD GTA V, OH MA GAWWD LOOK AT THE GRAPHICS THIS IS THE BEST GAME EVER MADE. Basically, it was hype. Now the game starts off really well, with really likeable characters and good missions, that aren't just go here then there, kill this guy or whatever. they're well mixed and varied. The game actually features some of the best missions in the series, and they usually involve Trevor in some way or form. (Best character in my opinion) The heists are some of the most memorable moments i had with the story mode, especially a certain one, mid way through the game that involves a minigun. But they're not the only stand-out moments, the story between Michael and Trevor is the main driving force through the game, and they're involved in some of the best bit's, with some real tense moments throughout the story. The other character i've not mentioned is Franklin, who in my opinion is out shined by the other two when they're all together. Franklin was best when he was on his with one or the other, or when he was with others, such as Lamar. (who's a really good character as well). The story is filled with well written characters who you'll love and hate, and some great twists and turns.

Now what most people care about is the actual gameplay, which i can say is as fun as it has been. Now there are some changes to how the game plays, which is expected.

The biggest difference from GTA IV is the driving. It's a lot more fast paced and responsive the it previously was, with it veering more towards the feel of the 3D era GTA games, (GTA III, Vice City, San Andreas) which i think is good direction to go in. I didn't have a problem with GTA IV's driving physics, but it did take me a while to get used to them, and I can see that some people would prefer it to GTA IV's. Planes return at last, along with helicopters, boats, cars, motorbikes and bicycles(Finally!). A new addition to the family is the submersible, a submarine that allows easy exploration of the sea. The beautiful sea. Seriously, the sea looks amazing. Water reacts realistically, with waves becoming bigger and more violent during storms, rocking your boat all over the place. The sea is also fully mapped, with collectables scattered throughout it. You can also take a diving suit out, a swim underwater freely, without the need to go back up for air.... Although you may want to keep your wits about you unless you want to become shark food.

Animals have finally arrived into the GTA universe, although they are only really there to immerse you more into the game, they don't really serve any purpose like they did in Red Dead Redemption, another Rockstar game. There is a hunting mini game, but it's not as accessible as it was in Red Dead. When you've done it once, you've really experienced all it's got to give.You can even have a go at bounty hunting, although there are only four bountys in the entire game. Tennis, Golf, Darts and Yoga are Among the more conventional minigames you can have a go at, which is strange because I though they would have included all the other ones for GTA IV and it's episodes, which included Air hockey, Bowling and Pool, all of which would have been great for multiplayer. The story mode is great though overall, with a ton of stuff to do. Loads of missions, side missions, collectables, money to be made (use the stock market!) and fun to be had messing around in the world.

Now to the online portion of the game, GTA Online was hyped up immensely in the pre-release videos that were released for the game, and I have to say that it isn't as good as people expected it to be. While it was said that there would be tons of vareity to the game, and loads of different things to do, it really comes down to what you and your friends come up with while playing to keep the game entertaining.
    Obviously there's a lot of improvement over GTA IV's multiplayer, which was pretty basic, but for some reason i prefer GTA IV's multiplayer over V's. With GTA IV's multiplayer, there was no reason to get angry or annoyed with the game, there was never any penalties for dying or messing about , that's what made it so great. With GTA V's multiplayer, It makes you feel a lot more restrictive in how you play. It's the $.
  39. May 21, 2014
    Everything you want in a GTA game except the game. Intentionally broken and poorly implemented features will have you grinding for money both online and off. The reasons for doing so, however, aren't really apparent. offline You can buy clothes but your character doesn't keep them. You can customize cars but the don't always stay saved and they don't become your personal car. You can't store stolen jets reliably. They disappear if you switch to a plane you've bought. Online the clothes stay and the vehicle system is much better (why not let you buy and save different cars as your default car offline and have a mechanic who brings them to you? It's already there online and it would so complete the offline experience.) but the
    Push to get you to buy in-game $$ with real $$ is so strong online that you'll find yourself either grinding the same $18,0000 mission- rooftop rumble- hundreds of times or glitch grinding. to get that $1.5 mil tank. You have to play rooftop rumble 83 times. and no, you can't steal one and store it. They have a rule that says no. You'll play it another 27 times to get the nicest apartment and another 55 times to get a good car. Why not other missions? Well because 18k is about as high as it gets and rooftop rumble is the most efficient in terms of time. Of course maybe you just want to screw with your fellow online players. Well no, now they shame you for that and put you in groups with exclusively **** and missions with exclusively people who rage quit ending the mission prematurely.

GTA has long been a game that makes you go "look at all the stuff I can do!" GTA V makes you go " look at all the stuff I can.. Sort of do. Wait, let me just play the same mission 500 times so that I can do this stuff" it's always been a franchise that' let's you go and break all the rules. This time they've just implemented a bunch of rules to keep you from doing anything fun.

I've got a total of 40 hours out of it, less than a 10'th of the play time I've gotten from any Primary GTA release since GTA 2. I had some truly incredible, side splitting moments of hilarity playing free mode online in GTA 4. 5...I'll tell you how if goes if I ever manage to bring myself to play rooftop rumble hundreds of **** times so that I can compete with the rest of the **** with tanks and rocket launchers and miniguns and **** That's unlikely though. I'd rather play Skyrim a 20th time.
  40. May 20, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V is definitely a rather different GTA installment from its past entries; this being a good thing but with its weak points as well. Grand Theft Auto V is definitely a big step away from the dark serious story line from the previous GTA, having points in the story that supply you with some humor and lightening moods. Instead of having a dark story about a war veteran who is seeking someone who betrayed him and his own men, you have 3 new characters with there own story that intertwine with each other. The gameplay is also a huge difference than the other GTA games. Being more fluid and smooth, and beautiful graphics. Imagine: driving a red convertible up a high mountain that over looks a small sea and desert as the sun sets while bleeding red rays of light across the sky…..and suddenly you get distracted by the beauty and you run off the road and go crashing down the mountain which results in your car exploding and the screen displays the text, "Wasted". This is the Grand Theft Auto V experience. You can access your weapons a lot quicker and much more accurate. Your cell phone has a bigger use and the in game internet is like a real online community. Driving is a lot more like a driving game rather than driving boats through the streets. GTA IV was famous for its boat like driving in case you didn't get my statement. But most vehicles in the game have the same handling but different speeds. You can customize your cars to a great depth in detail. But it would be a lot more adventurous to be able to design your own custom details and apply them to your car, like the Forza series. Another thing is the car smashing and CARnage in the game can get somewhat not so exciting when you just want to smash your car to bits. It would've been outstanding to have soft car physics. Maybe we will see a GTA title in the future on next gen that features this. Running and combat in the game is also a great improvement. Instead of awkward melee combat you have a pretty well done fist fight sequence that can take place anytime and anywhere. All in all, Grand Theft Auto V is an outstanding game, probably one of the best games of the generation. I highly recommend this to anyone who enjoys open world games and a very fun time. Expand
  41. May 16, 2014
    Very well put together game with great story line, fun missions, there was obviously a lot of effort and money put into this game and it paid off. Very enjoyable game you can get a lot out of it with the online and side missions, or blowing **** up for fun haha. Great game highly recommended.
  42. May 6, 2014
    So I've never really been a GTA fan in the past, so this one has some bias... But after playing this, I definitely enjoyed it more than the other experiences I had with older versions of the series. I still don't really enjoy this kind of genre in gaming, but despite that, this game did surprise me. Even though I'm not a fan of these kind of games, I actually had a fun time playing it due to its atmosphere, graphics, story, and more. Even though I'm giving this a "so-and-so" score, its just because I'm actually not a fan, but this game was definitely the finest out of the GTA series. Expand
  43. May 3, 2014
    Brilliant execution on nearly all points. Lag/chop on XBOX showing the age of the system, unfortunately. But you'll quickly forget about that annoyance as you get lost in the hours and hours of things to do in a beautifully crafted environment. Voice acting is stellar, heists are phenomenal, and we can finally save the game without having to go home to bed. Multiplayer is actually fun and almost as engaging as the single player. If you can't get behind bad protagonists, you're in the wrong game to begin with (your first clue should have been the title), and if you're complaining about the graphics you need your eyes checked. A++ for Rockstar. Will be playing this for a long time. Expand
  44. May 3, 2014
    This game is cool. I mean, look at the gameplay! They added some new features like animals and anything. Although I am no longer a GTA fan, I'm still liking this game.
  45. Apr 30, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. By far the best Grand Theft Auto since San Andreas. Yes, it does have it's weak points but overall is a great game.

Pros:
    -Great Storyline feature three playable characters with their own personalities
    -Customizable missions where you can choose how YOU want to play the mission.
    -Extra side missions such as Strangers and Freaks make the game longer and more interesting
    -Activities such as Tennis, Strip Clubs, Darts, golf, Hunting, etc. add additional content even after beating the game
    -The Map is Amazing! There's tons of world to explore including the depths of the ocean, desert, mountains, city. Just exploring is a game in itself.
    -Car customization (even though it's expensive on the game it adds depth)
    -Character customization (Haircuts, Tattoos, clothing)
    -Playable Stock market is fun if you understand how it works
    -You can buy businesses and earn money from them
    -You can talk to fellow pedestrians and hold conversations
    -The soundtrack is awesome with styles from Country to Metal.
    -Overall there is so much on this game you will never get bored!

Cons:
    -The Cops (very difficult to get away from and overall unrealistic, wanted harder cops than GTA 4 but not unrealistic difficult like this game has, and little piddly crimes such as flipping someone off or talking bad to a pedestrian gets you a wanted level)
    -You only can have one safehouse, would have wished to have a GTA like San Andreas again where you could buy multiple houses. (They at least give you an extra garage on this one to put cars in but still disappointing)
    -Game does glitch and have drop ins at times (Not a big deal considering the map size but still can get annoying)
    -New updates and online mode are disappointing

Overall Rating 9/10: A HUGE step up from GTA 4. Essentially the way I view this game is that is GTA San Andreas for Xbox 360 with a better storyline and larger map but same concept. GTA 4 was fun but overall the gameplay got boring after a while with the same city environment and not a whole lot to do. This blows GTA 4 out of the water! Yes there are disappointments but it's to be expected as they can't please everyone and what everyone wanted in a GTA and plus the disappointments are more just minor annoyances. Not quite a 10 due to the Cons I mentioned making it annoying at times but definitely a 9/10 as overall it is fun, the best GTA with the best map and you will never get bored playing it!
  46. Apr 29, 2014
    I hope we continue the trend of better gameplay, bigger more interesting sandbox map, and an online universe in future GTA games.

There's so much to do in one game. You can parachute off buildings, out of planes, and off of cliffs, Hijack supersonic jets, drive across a massive sandbox map in a stolen Buggatti. Basically everything you would expect and way more.

Let me elaborate on
    the map size. You can drive through a decent sized city, wind through a neighborhood of mansions and look down on the city from the Hollywood sign (or Vinewood in the GTA- verse) and you haven't even scratched the surface. Overall, a game well worth its price because you'll be playing it for hours on end, GTA has always been fun as a series but has always had issues in graphics, or physics but it has thrown those issues aside and became a good series to a great series. Expand
  47. Apr 27, 2014
    It is rare to find an open world game that not only has a vast array of options for the player, but also has the level of polish that Grand Theft Auto 5 has. The main story may not have the focus that Niko's quest for the American dream had, and there are a few 'nit-picks' I have with Rockstar's choices e.g. flight controls, cheat codes not on phone. However these are small blemishes on an otherwise stellar video game experience. Expand
  48. Apr 20, 2014
    I don't know why this game is so overhypered. In my opinion this is the worst GTA ever. It doesn't bring anything new or interesting as all of the previous games did. (GTA 3: 3d, GTA VC: buyable property, GTA SA: a wide variety of new things such as airplanes and car tuning and RPG elements, GTA 4: an much darker and serious tone to the genre and hanging out with ingame friends) and what does this game bring? nothing, zero, nada. The story is too weak and you can clearly see where the money has gone into: ADVERTISEMENTS. The most interesting thing in the game were the heists, which where pretty cool to do, but oh no! imbicile Rockstar only lets you do just the ones that are in the story..... wtf why? Now people say: this game rocks its soo big and better than GTA 4, but in this big world you cant do **** nothing. And then there was the promise of an online world within GTA that had to be the new style of playing, well i'm still waiting for the heists and the game is hacked as ****
    This game gets an 0/10 from just because it is too overhyped, Rockstar needs to get its **** straight and produce a good game in the future and I dearly hope they dont **** up the next Red Dead.
  49. Apr 19, 2014
    This game is amazing. The story is full of exciting missions and it also features a very interesting story. There are plenty of fun activities to do as well, such as hunting, racing, and plenty more. However, I do have a few complaints. First, the car customization is decen, but it pales in comparison to games like Forza, Midnight Club, and Saints Row. Secondly, there are only a handful of street races. Other than those few complaints, I think the game is perfect. Expand
  50. Apr 18, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This may be the best grand theft auto game there is it is an fantastic game but there are some flaws within its greatness. For instances the last choice is good but an bit stupid if you are attached to all three characters. Unless you dislike an main protagonist you would chose the one you disliked. Over all it is a good game I would tell you to buy it. Expand
  51. Apr 17, 2014
    [Sorry for my english, I'm french]
    There are already lots of reviews but I'll write mine.
    This game is simply my favorite game of all time ! It is a travel to a world where I would live :)
    This GTA is more than a GTA, every mecanics are perfect, play this game is a pure pleasure, the story is bewitching, the 3 characters bring to the game a brilliant way to play, the graphics are
    amazing and the map too...
    There are so many things to do about this masterpiece...
    I have already written lots of review about this game for my country, France, so I'm tired of tell everytime the same things but this "game" is AMAZING, that's a fact !
  52. Apr 16, 2014
    Awesome graphics,awesome game play,awesome story,everything in this game is awesome.The mechanic of use 3 characters in the same time works pretty well.The multiplayer is one of the best online modes I ever seen.Better than San Andreas,better than GTA lV,the best GTA of all time(until now,of course)
  53. Apr 16, 2014
    A very fair GTA game I suppose, but it suffers pretty roughly from boring car diversity, pretty meh characters and lots of missed opportunities.

Boring car diversity: Well you got a zillion different vehicles and especially cars, who almost all drive the same. THE EXACT SAME, save a few tweaks. Yes of course some are faster and some are not, but it seems that the complaint about GTA
    IV's superior driving physics being "boohoohoo too difficult" really got the Rockstar marketing in a tizzy because we get here dumbed down, almost simplistic car controls that indeed allow for good driving, but also kill any and all car diversity because for the sake of simplicity they all drive pretty much the same!
    That means that finding a Banshee, Infernus(or equivalent) doesn't have nearly the value that it had in older games. You just take any random fast car and you're good, no need to learn them all, they all drive the same! This is a perfect example of a lost opportunity too, because I bet the designers at Rockstar spent hell of a time making all these nice, beautiful, and well-crafted cars(not being ironic here), just so we could kill any random driver from any car that looks expensive, steal it, and never even care what the car's name or driving value was.

Characters, Michael, Trevor and Franklin.
    Now I like the three of them enough. I just realise that they're kinda showing how Rockstar couldn't make one good character with a complex personality, so they split the protagonist in three, each representing one side. This doesn't feel completely like that, it's more a blurry feeling than anything, but it does feel like that a bit.
    Michael is probably the most protagonist of them all, since he's the only one with a real noteworthy arc. He's a retired criminal who got filthy rich and lives a boring life with a family he can't hold together. Pretty cool, and he is memorable and charismatic enough, but that's it. No really great wit, he whines a lot(actually a ton of people in this game whines a lot), he's almost never fun or enjoyable, he may be charismatic but that's all it is. Sometimes he has badass moments but they're the exception. Still my favorite of the three.
    Trevor: Just insane. In good and bad. Yes he can be fun. Yes he can be really annoying with having a head like a coconut. But mostly, he's just insane. Which is fine and dandy but doesn't make one a character. More than that, he doesn't have any sort of story or arc. He's the same at the end of the game as he is at the start.
    Franklin: Mr Pushover. He whines all the time, always gets stuck in stupidly bad situations by his best friend Lamar or by someone else, and he seems to always, no matter what, thoughtlessly, roll with it. Doesn't care to anger an entire crime syndicate, he just does the job even if he has no personal reason to. His personality ranges from "I'm tired of all the **** I go through" to "ok let's do this super dangerous thing I have no real personal reason to do". He'd come off as outright stupid if his main motivation wasn't wanting to get rich to impress the girl he loves. Franklin still is alright, but just having a guy that wants to get money and goes into any dangerous job for it, is way too easy a character. However to really explain him I have to talk about the side characters.

For Franklin, the side character is Lamar. Lamar is a stupid assh*le who keeps doing the dumbest things, then gets saved by Franklin, then spits on Franklin for doing things better than him and getting richer, always complaining that F is a "lucky guy" even though F worked his way up and keeps getting in **** to save Lamar...
    For Trevor, all the side characters are idiots or weaklings, and I guess this is where a lot of the comic relief is supposed to come from, but...no. None of them are that funny and they get old or annoying really fast.
    For Michael you've got his family. Washed-out fat lowlife for a son, slutty attention whore for the daughter, cheating and agressive wife. Of course in the end you're supposed to patch up Michael with his family and I could go with it, but the fact is that I want to kill the son and possibly all of them more than I want to patch them up.
    Needless to say, considering that every arc from every character is related at least a bit to their side characters, almost every story/arc pretty much loses all interest extremely quickly. I should also point out that the writing is sub-par to the rest of the series.

And for missed opportunities: You have heist mission-making capabilities and almost no heists to make. You have tons of sidequests, none of them using the basic gameplay and they're all gimmicky and kinda useless. You have three protagonists, but can only play one at a time and hope the AI does its job rest of the time. You have this huge city and tons of it are useless, the "too much room because Realism but nothing fun to do in it" problem we've had since the Gamecube era.

I could go on but I made my point already.
  54. Apr 15, 2014
    YAHSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS WERK IT **** YOU FABULOUS WHORE. I **** LOVE THIS GAME ITS SO MUCH FUN TO RUN OVER WHORES ALL DAY. It's a fun game. You should play it.
  55. Apr 14, 2014
    it was the worst gta ever the game play sucked so hard and multiplier was just terrible i think rockstar
    could of done way better. like i play it a little turn it off go back to it and my game is always corrupt. i had
    to go to my cousin's just to beat the game
  56. Apr 13, 2014
    One main problem of GTA IV was how grey it was. So what does Rockstar North do? Bakes a nice pie, and SLAMS it into the face of LIberty City. HD graphics, seamless online play, drivable vechicles, and a great story. Once you've beaten the game, CHEAT. It's worth it, trust me. If that gets, boring, play online. I love this game, you should too. If you don't...
    GO **** YOURSELF.
  57. Apr 5, 2014
    Great story. Great gameplay. Great game. The individual stories of the three main characters include satires of popular shows like Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy and more. Gameplay and mechanics are pretty polished. Graphics are great, especially since it runs on 8 year old hardware. Do not hesitate to buy.
  58. Apr 5, 2014
    A superb creation of incomparable detail and awe that is filled to the brim with interesting content and hilarious satire of American culture. The story focuses on three anti-heroes who pull off a series of explosive heists. The single-player took me about 50 hours to complete, including a few of the shenanigans and side-activities I participated in. I have put almost 150 hours into the online portion of the game that is, while flawed, an extremely fun variety of missions, races and deathmatches of the highest caliber. Grand Theft Auto V fulfills the empty promises Grand Theft Auto IV put forward back in 2008 and I think it's safe to say that the game is possibly the best open world game ever crafted. Bravo Rockstar. Expand
  59. Apr 4, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V, along with Grand Theft Auto Online, is a great package. The single player is engrossing and epic. The multiplayer will keep you busy for hours. The attention to detail is unbelievable. All must play this game.
  60. Apr 2, 2014
    Im a huge grand theft auto fan but this is a huge disappointment in every way, they just spent all the money on the ads?!! how crazy is that?? Overall its not very good and doesn't live up to the hype...
  61. Mar 28, 2014
    The most influencial gameplay that i've ever played! With three-time anti hero, Los Santos had never been better, with the Gangsters, Bank Robber, and the psychopath guy which was three-time awesome. The system was really awesome with the core mechanic and 10 times kicking than Grand Theft Auto IV!
  62. Mar 25, 2014
    A fantastic game and definitely one of their best for both offline and online playing.

Well worth its full retail price

Its a whooping 12 out of 10 by me :D
  63. Mar 24, 2014
    Probably the most disappointing GTA title I've ever played. When you make a game in San Andreas and tell us "hey guys this is the largest map in GTA history!" we would expect San Andreas to be there on it's entirety, with San Fierro, Las Venturas, everything there was on the old Playstation 2 classic and more, not just a crappy island with Los Santos plus a lot of useless countryside to the north. With this title the series has become more casual than ever, you're even able to control your car mid-air and the vehicle controls have changed quite a lot (for worse): they turn faster, riding feels a lot easier than in previous titles and it's hard to actually lose control of your car even when it's pretty messed up. Wanna buy a badass safehouse for your favorite character? Too bad, you can't. Even though there are several houses to buy on GTA Online, you can't buy them in Story mode because screw logic. GTA Online is not a big deal too, there's a limit of 20 players per server so you won't be seeing the all-out war we expected, and finding custom game matches (race, deathmatch, etc) is frustrating, as you rarely find a lobby with more than 2 or 3 players, even after waiting a long period of time for people to enter. GTA IV had full races anytime, it's matchmaking system was so much better and simple than this **** I would (maybe) advise on getting this game anyway, it's still fun, of course, but not what we expected. Rockstar can't make up for the disappointment of the casual gameplay and the incomplete San Andreas even with a horde of DLCs. Expand
  64. Mar 24, 2014
    The evolution of living breathing virtual worlds is incredible. Even if you don't care about the story and all you want to do is absorb the atmosphere, drive around and go sightseeing, then still this game is worth your time. Free roaming in GTA 5 is like going on a virtual vacation.
  65. Mar 24, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V is a beautiful game. I was amazingly hyped for this game since I first saw the logo a few years back, even though I didn't know if it was legit or not. At first, I was a bit skeptic about the idea that we'll be able to play with three different characters. And now I can't see myself playing GTA V with only one character. The voice actors for Michael, Franklin and Trevor are great. Even though the majority of the conversations contains a lot of shouting. I love it. My favourite character is without a doubt, Michael. He reminds me of one of the greatest characters ever written, Tony Soprano. I'm not going to dig into that, you have to experience that by yourself. And if you don't know who Tony Soprano is, well, you should. I can't think of any negative thing to say about the main story/single player. It truly is amazing. The mechanics in the game is extremely satisfying. The way that all three characters act during a gunfight is really good. It feels so alive!

Now on to the online mode. Rockstar did a great job hyping the online mode. Oh, how disappointed I was. I knew that the servers were to crash on the release date, that's not it. But the amount of content that was available was just ridiculous. The promised us heists and jobs with variety. The jobs are pretty much all the same. Go there, kill them, get that, bring it back. And I'm still waiting for the heists. Don't get me wrong, there are still some parts of the online mode that I like. The racing for example is great, and driving up Mt. Chiliad with a car that most likely wouldn't be able to get up there in the first place and then drive off the ledge and watch it fly down and bounce around in the woods is hilarious, every time.

Grand Theft Auto V is a great game. You got to play it. It's worth every penny. I would give it a 10 if it weren't for the lack of content in the online mode.

Buy the game, play it, enjoy it, I bet you will.
  66. Mar 19, 2014
    Perfect, perfect,perfect....one of the best game ever made of all time...awesome story,graphics,voice actors,gameplay,missions,characters,MULTIPLAYER...EVERYTHING....just one thing pissed me off in this game...there is no gang wars or steal stash (just like tlad and tbogt did)...execpt that...it's an amazing game..you cant missed...
  67. Mar 16, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. If COD Ghosts wasn't overrated then this most certainly is. Grand Theft Auto 5 is the most expensive game ever made, with the total budget coming to $256,000,000. That's not to say its good. It just means a lot of effort has been put into it. The campaign has a few exiting and memorable missions. But most have only slight impact to the rest of the game. The new heist missions are the new feature to the franchise. When I completed the campaign, I looked back and thought "Hang on, the first and last heist missions actually got me money and the rest took most of my profit away for no reason." They may have had a reason, but I just skipped most of the cut scene's because some of them are just so boring. The game offers three characters to choose from during the campaign. Franklin is the one you start off with and will probably play as for most of the entire game. He has better driving skills and has the most useful special ability. He also just goes along with the flow and does what anyone tells him to do. Michael is a rich drinking family man who has had a bad past and now just wants a quiet life. He complains too much about how money hasn't gotten him true happiness in his life, but is still pretty keen do do the heists. I try and stay away from the family missions because Michael's family are the most annoying people you will ever see in this game. His son is an anti social idiot. His daughter is a loud mouthed attention seeker. Too me she looked like an definition of Britney Spears. His wife screaming women with no personality and is only there game needs her. Lastly is Trevor who is a filthy, drug dealing psychoand. Personally I chose to kill him at the end because I got sick of him shouting out gibberish to passing civilians. Thats not to say the game is all bad. The controls are good and the abilities on nicely mapped to the controller. When you switch to a character, they are always doing something different from when you left off which is nice. The map is undoubtedly bigger, but most of those areas I.E. the mountains you will never go or want to go. I actually skipped the optional family missions for Michael because I just did not care about what happened. Overall I think GTA 5 is an over hyped game that should only really be played if you want to see the franchise improve a little more. Expand
  68. Mar 15, 2014
    The world of grand theft auto 5 is immense in detail with every part of the huge map as detailed as the next whether it's the busy city streets or a lonely country road. The narrative of grand theft auto 5 revolves around three main characters Michael,Franklin and Trevor. All of these characters are very well voice acted with an espicially stand-out performance from Steven Ogg (Trevor). Everything in grand theft auto 5 feels like a combination of everything great from Rockstar's earlier games Max Payne 3's shooting, Red dead redemption's animals and nature and midnight clubs driving mechanics and a story that unlike GTA IV dosent take itself to seriously. This game does not deserve the bad user score and should keep Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 gamers playing for a long time. Expand
  69. Mar 13, 2014
    In GTA4 Rockstar created a living city, with 5 they've created a living, breathing, pulsating world led by three contrasting main characters whose very personalities and story arcs allow the player to vary their style from sensible story following to rampant carnage without ruining the intended experience of the overall storyline. With all the hype this needed to be Rockstars crowning achievement to date, and the Pixar of video game studios does not disappoint. Expand
  70. Mar 10, 2014
    This was one of my favorite games of 2013 and the first gta game that I played and I'm glad that i decided to play this series it had a really interesting and mature story and the open world was fun to explore and run around in. (Be warned this a very mature game and is not for kids!!)
  71. Mar 8, 2014
    What in also wondered why they didn't have babies in the gta you see pregnant people or babies anywhere I just wish it was more like the sims 3 but you can go actually into the stores .i know I might sound crazy but I wish it was just more real we're you can be a celebrity and go into miscellaneous stores buy things gated communities paparazzi following you making it more like celebrities and real life just going into restaurants paying the restaurants valet parking and god plz answer this y is there just a girl a pretty girl customize it where it loos exactly like you I know your probably thinking just get the sims but I do already have it I just thought gta would be more were you can walk in to buildings get a reality show call your friends to go go dinner Expand
  72. Mar 8, 2014
    A superfluous experience; visually impressive, but ultimately a bland experience. The three main characters only have a single motive: ill-gotten wealth. They may've intentionally substituted plot for an enjoyable experience, but both aspects fall flat. There isn't much fun to bad had that hasn't already been doable in the previous instalments. Multiplayer is also a bore; a hodgepodge of boring activities that replace searchable lobbies for each game-type, a poor money system, and a lame selection of games to choose from after a match ends. The game's story is worth experience once, but that's about it, really. Hardly an improvement over it's predecessor. It still suffers from he Sandbox Paradox; You can do anything you want to do, so long as it is within the permitted bounds of the game; you can choose how to plan a bank robbery, but only with the listed options provided. Expand
  73. Mar 7, 2014
    Would probably be a good game, but good god, Console controls are just terrible. Driving in any decent car is just impossible and forget trying to shoot anything. Here's hoping they sim launch PC someday, but probably wont because they fear the evil Pirate.
  74. Mar 5, 2014
    screw gta 4 this one is better . and i love it but gta 4 is 99% great i love the gta 5 the characters in gta 5 are great . and a whole new level of awsome .
  75. Mar 5, 2014
    The newest R*games title brings us freedom and a brand new world to be explored. I'll not lie, I was so anxious, I couldn't wait for this game. I thought that it would be the greatest game of all time. I was not disappointed at all. The game is excellent, the story is cool, the graphics are so much well made and the gameplay is one of the bests. But sure it has it problems. And they aren't a bit. So many bugs, glitches, especially in the online mode made me almost stopping playing this game. I'm sure that every game has problems, but GTA 5 has too much. That's is the problem of making a very well constructed game to our current and delayed generation. The requirements are high for a 2005 console. Hope they launch the PC, PS4 and XOne versions to we really see GTA without being shy. Expand
  76. Mar 3, 2014
    Seemed very linear compared to previous games in the series. Only one or two missions to be completed at a time and not very interesting stories outside of the main plot.
  77. Mar 2, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V.. Compared to IV Is easily the most overhyped game I've seen in a while. The things it does better firstly, is obviously the graphics, they are beautiful and reflective and pushes these ageing consoles to their max. But some textures on clothes were really muddy looking. And that's it... Now the things it fails on. Story: unlike able protagonists, all three of them, didn't really feel like authentic people more of a exaggeration of stereotypes. The story is the same Rockstar trend. Work for someone, get betrayed, get revenge. So it feels uninspired.

Gameplay: what has changed? It's still your third person cover shooter, requires no skill what's so ever all you have to do is run to a good cover spot, peek out, and do a head shot. Wow, and what's the point of all these weapons? It's easy as **** anyways. Not like there is different styles to play through with.
    "Silencers" rigggght about that, well that never worked.
    I like the driving, but wish they improved the crash physics, this isn't NFS I want, it would be far more immersive if they had the sense of urgency to not crash in high speed chases, but hey if your going 200 mph and hit another car? Just a scratch, cars most have one strong body shell huh.

Content: well yes it has a fair bit of hours packed into this game, but it's unrewarding, seriously I'm gonna collect all this for TEN DOLLARS?? Lol, that was a waste of time, a lot of the side missions are collectibles, like it's not really my favourite thing in the first place, but al least far cry 3 gave you XP, this is they give you money. The economy in this games is pointless, buy all these landmarks and do Repititive missions for and not be able to go into the club you own?

To keep it shorter, I'm a single player gamer and this is the most uninspired, waste of time. If you want an amazing single player game? This is not it.
  78. Mar 1, 2014
    Amazing game, I think it was the best game of 2013, but what I liked was a bit of physical and also removed the internet café. But the scenery, vehicles, animals and missions that struck me were great, with good design, and you see that Rockstar Games worked hard to create this smash hit game.
  79. Ape
    Feb 26, 2014
    It's a good game but kinda iffy gta game. As a game itself, it's pretty cool. Lots to do, lots to see, very open world. But at the same time, a lot of that world is empty and leaves you wanting for more. I'm giving it a 9 because even though it could have been better with its story telling I still had a lot of fun playing it and there's so much to do you will feel like you got your money's worth. I'm still waiting for it in PC however, to really take advantage of those great graphics I know are being held back by console systems. Expand
  80. Feb 24, 2014
    Tbh.... I was disappointed with this game. I haven't even finished it yet, and I have had it since release day. as I played this game, I didn't feel any sense of progression at all. There also doesn't seem to be any clear villain or goal to work towards. On the other hand, sucker punching someone from behind is damn satisfying so it is quite a good stress reliever, but that doesn't save it from the boring plot and bland characters. Expand
  81. Feb 20, 2014
    As a fat gay dad, this game really appealed to my anarchistic side! There's so much to love about this game, the weapons, the cars, the heists, the characters, the story. It's all fantastic. The game had a very rocky multiplayer launch, but when that eventually settled down that aspect was excellent as well.

I highly recommend this game, it has a penis in it and the occasional obese woman.
  82. Feb 20, 2014
    Best Game Everrrrrr!!! The games story wasn't the best but it was just so fun and just the humongous size of the map was very impressive. The graphics were also very good and it had some funny parts in it that just make you laugh. I have never liked the auto aim and i didn't like it here but it was fine since I was still able to get passed all the levels.
  83. Feb 18, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V, what a game. The car physics are better (Not necessarily more realistic) and even the rag-doll's are better along with the graphics. But that's all to be expected, Grand Theft Auto V brought one of the best story's ever to the franchise. This is a lot different than the usual "New kid on the block" up bringing's of the main character. Instead they went for a refreshing take, Your introduced to multiple main character's. At first when I heard this I though it was a bad Idea, but after playing I realize it's a fantastic mechanic to have. That and the three completely different backgrounds they have really let play's try and find a match for them. but don't even get me started on the usual kick-ass and take names game play, The game doesn't suffer any downs when it comes to combat. Bloody messes, cops, and a lot of destroy cars sums up my experience. It's amazing to just go out and explore the world Rock Star created for you to. he many of Easter eggs and other activity's you can do it limitless. One praise I love to give this game it that its a huge example of a franchise that can make many different game and still impress us every time (unlike other large franchises). So this does deserve 9/10 from me, it's not a perfect game but the closest Grand Theft Auto has gotten. Keep the hits coming Rock Star. Expand
  84. Feb 18, 2014
    I always really disliked the GTA franchise, however, I gave GTA V a shot and I have not regretted it. With a very well executed storyline, gameplay (offline and online), and so much more, GTA V is without a doubt a pure masterpiece of a video game
  85. Feb 17, 2014
    Grand theft Auto 5 is the latest instant hit from rock star. Following the adventures of 3 protagonists and their quest for money, well not really. Franklin and Trevor are after money, Micheal simply wants the FBI to leave him alone so he can live in peace with his family. Needless to say the games main plot is really only about Micheal while Trevor and Franklin are just along for the ride. Though I will not fail to mention that the story would not be anywhere near as good without them. It is no secret who the actual main character is. To the point of making the 3 character thing nothing more than a gimmick.
    Which is all it is. Which is unfortunate because aside from the countless additional mini games and sillier missions. Is the only difference between this and GTA 4.
    The combat is still atrocious and repetitive, aside from the better level design. And the vehicles still control more-or-less the same. It would be a waste of time to even talk about it further.

The only positive improvement is the increased world map. Which was the main draw of this game for me. So ultimately the game still ends up in the green, the world is enormous with a lot of variety things to find and places to explore. The story is around the same level of quality as 4's was. It really isn't any better and it really isn't any worse, my biggest complaint has already been addressed. Besides that the dialogue and characters are all very well rounded and written.

The only real downside is the plane missions. Which only rarely happen. But when they do they are one of the most frustrating experiences I have ever had. Taking off is easy, and you are quickly thrust headlong into the sky. Since there is nothing in the air, the game either does 2 things to give you some obstacle. Require you to stay low to the ground, or just through random gusts of wind at you and force you to readjust.
    Then you have to land... This is the hardest part of the game by far, and most plane missions require that you do it. Failing will set you back a long ways and force you to fly all the way through again. Even though it is normal checkpoint length it feels at least twice as long due to how boring and tedious the actual flying is.
    But again, this only happens rarely and is easily forgivable. It is just difficult to have to play through and not complain about a little bit.

Ultimately the verdict is that this is basically the same game as GTA 4, and offers very little new. Buy it if your interested. if not, don't bother you already know what you are getting.
  86. Feb 11, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V successfully takes us back into the new viewpoints of San Andreas,meanwhile digging deeper into its concepts and determination of the darker side of the American Dream. It may not capture the dark manners that the stories of Niko Bellic and John Marston pushed, but it also blown our minds by expanding a cool non-linear narrative structure for its three leads (Trevor is honestly the greatest, but also, the most violent of them all) and combining them with amazing mechanics, totally superb activities, improved driving and gunplay (go play Midnight Club or Red Dead Redemption), and
    the mind-blowing sights of a sun-soaked metropolis struggling to survive by being occupied by TV and pleasure, but messed by wiseguys and self-help gurus. If the sequel is about the darker side of the American Dream, then GTA V explains it more by explaining the cruel reality of the American Dream by further explaining that it does make cruel fun of what is most important: sex, violence, drugs, mayhem, corruption, misogyny, torture, psychopathic, and the pursuit of the mighty American dollar bill. By all of that, Grand Theft Auto V is still everything we all want to expect: beautiful, brutal, sexy, high, disturbing,
    and somehow highly expanded, partially due to activities, improvements, and the wealth of fortune.
  87. Feb 11, 2014
    Before I start the review i just think its funny how many PC people come over and leave terrible scores. Anyway GTA 5 is on of the best game I have ever played. I love all three of the characters and the story is great. Lots of people are saying that the story is long but I think its the perfect length. The only reason I Didn't give it a 10 is because I think there should have been more animals and I was replaying a mission and when I came back all the stangers and freaks werent there. Great game you should go pick it up right now. Expand
  88. Feb 10, 2014
    I myself at first had great fun with this title, yet the fun very much wears thin after an extremely short amount of time. You see, the game has so much, and believe me a lot of it is very appreciable and is fun, yet so so much of it is painfully sub-par. Allow me to make an example, in one mission playing as Trevor (who buy the way is a psychopath who should have far better things to do with his time, such as blowing up international airports and banging women) in which I had to blend into a work environment in order to plan a robbery, and this involved using a crane to stack crates. FOR HALF AN HOUR. THIS MONEY GRABBING, 9.5 ACTION AWESOME BADASS TITLE HAS ME STACKING CRATES AND A DOCK FOR HALF AND HOUR. GOD! I hope future titles in the Grand Theft Auto series have far less grindy nonsense than this overblown bore. Expand
  89. Feb 4, 2014
    The game, when it came out was great, but the "good" part was very short lived, as R* started patching it, and the game is unplayable as it stands. Single Player is so buggy that you have to resort to loading whole game from Xbox/PS3 home menu in order for the whole console not to hang. Gameplay bugs, missions which can't be finished, achievements which are not granted, money which is not given, cars disappearing, after spending time and money upgrading them, are all annoying but wouldn't be such a pain if it wasn't for the loading freeze. And money making in GTAV is a total grinder. Yes, you can steal anything, but you can't keep it, as the game doesn't save what's stolen.
    AI is 100% accurate, the amount of police and agents, and number of helis after you, when you reach 5 stars, is enormous and never ending. You kill them all, and new wave of the same size appears, before you can run away. Physics seem to work on you mostly, but rest of the world is onl'y 50% simulated, therefore police will not only outrun you on 90 degree turns, motorways, and any streets (even heavy with traffic), then stop in a split second, coming out of the car with guns already shooting at you, and kill you very very quickly, if you only happen to slip or fall. And, they kill first, then ask questions.
    Developer support is the non-existent now. R* stopped listening to fans, and reports of problems. They just keep breaking the game further and further. No testing was done whatsoever, since the game release. Every single patch broke the game more and more in Single Player, only to patch small bugs in MP, which is bugged beyond belief. I can only spend a bit of time on weekends to play it so I didn't finish the game on SP yet, but it's no reason to break SP without care for those who are still playing it. It's zero point from me, as the game is currently unplayable at all.
  90. Feb 3, 2014
    Arguably the best game of this generation, GTA V is basically everything you could ever ask for. Offline, the story is going to keep your occupied for days and online, you're going to be occupied for weeks! Pimp up your car to win races, complete jobs with friends and play the odd team death match and you're not going to want to put your controller down. Even when you aren't completing objectives, there's still fun in driving busses off the tops of skyscrapers, racing down mountains on dirt bikes and throwing C4 at your friends over and over again. Expand
  91. Feb 1, 2014
    Very disappointing. The missions are not as exciting as previous games in the series, and this was meant to be the best in the series. The graphics are good, but graphics don't make a game. The story is bad, the cutscenes are too varied in length and GTA Online is the only good bit other than the graphics. Plus the 360 version has a lot of glitches.
  92. Jan 29, 2014
    Multiplayer is a lot of fun, several missions in the game are tons of fun, especially the heist missions, and the city of Los Santos is great to roam around. However, I wished the story and characters were fleshed out a bit more.
  93. Jan 27, 2014
    I personally love Grand Theft Auto 5. Though I have never really seen or played the story mode myself the online is fantastic. You can mess around as much as you want, make your own maps, and just have a fantastic time.
  94. Jan 25, 2014
    I found this game to be amazing, it had a beautiful environment, amazing characters, great dialogue and was over all a blast to play. You will never get bored of this game because of how much stuff there is to do with it.You have your regular GTA stuff, as in the single player campaign, going on rampages and doing absolutely ridiculous things, and that is not to mention GTA Online, which adds so much more to the game. Even though it has all this amazing stuff about it, like every game it has it's flaws, one thing that I didn't personally like was the driving controls and how they felt, but that is yet again personal preference, some people will like it and others won't. Over all I think GTA V has passed GTA IV in many ways and is worth the buy in all cases. With it's amazing game play, great story-line, and perfect dialogue, it deserves a 9/10, maybe even higher once the PC version comes out and we get some mods on it. Expand
  95. Jan 25, 2014
    This game is just amazing. It may have violent things in it, nudity, blood, gore, and all that, but its only a game. Stop being so butt hurt about it, its not a real person doing this, its just a game for people to have fun on, and enjoy themselves. There's so much fun stuff to do, including the online mode, which is just amazing, so is single player, It is so fun, and if you are angry, take it out on this game by doing the violent things in it, if you just want to have fun, so, get it. Plus, kids should be able to play this game, its not like they will do that in real life! Expand
  96. Jan 23, 2014
    This is one of those few games that you absolutely must own. The story is great, the graphics are AMAZING, the gameplay is wonderful, and GTA Online is the funnest I have ever had with multiplayer. Worth the $60 or your regional equivalent.
  97. Jan 23, 2014
    Rightly or wrongly GTA IV has come in for a fair amount of criticism over the last of couple of years. It is clear from the outset that Rockstar have looked to address the majority of the issues raised with regards to the previous entry in the series and, for the most part, they have been successful at doing so. One big change is that, with three separate characters to control, the developers have decided to take things much less seriously. Very few missions now involve simply driving to a location, shooting the bad guys, and then driving back for example. New ideas and concepts are introduced constantly throughout the game providing greater variety of missions, some of which are truly outlandish and great fun to play. The driving and shooting mechanics, which have never been the series strongest assets, have also seen a significant overhaul making for a vast improvement in the minute to minute gameplay.

If I was to nitpick I would have two small areas that I found slightly disappointing. The first is the music as, despite a selection of around 15 radio stations to choose, from I found very few songs that I wanted to listen to. I accept this will of course be down to personal preference but a bit more variety wouldn’t have gone amiss. My second criticism would be the fact that the story is completely linear. I wasn’t expecting the freedom of choice afforded by games like Mass Effect but it would have been nice to have some say in a few of the decisions being made by my characters (other than the A or B option given when tackling heists of course). In the end though these nitpicks, and the fact that its not overly different to its predecessors, can’t detract from what is certainly a top notch single player experience.

As for the online mode, well for me at least, it doesn’t really deliver on its promise. Exploring the city with friends and competing in races and deathmatches, as well as working together to tackle a number of co-op missions, provides a far more substantial experience than many games but it is often just more frustrating than fun. Setting aside the significant early problems the there are just too many issues to have to deal with. Whether it be people continually spawn killing you for no reason (safe mode doesn’t work as you can still be killed when in a vehicle or when someone runs you over), being unable to join friends missions or online hackers giving themselves millions of dollars and/or making themselves invincible I quickly found I simply couldn’t be bothered with it.

This of course doesn’t detract from the main game, and it could be a good few years until we see anything as ambitious or with such scope on the next gen consoles. Save your money and buy GTA V instead, you won’t regret it.
  98. Jan 22, 2014
    (Entry 2)
    Grand Theft Auto 5 is the second best game of 2013 in my list of favorites do to the massive open world full of mystery and wonder to find as you play as three law braking criminals that come together and pull of bank robbery's and other criminal actions such as grand theft,murder,store robbery's and much more and if this doesn't make you love the game there are other things you
    can do like play tennis go to strip clubs and get drunk off your ass just in one game to when was the last game you've seen that will let you brake in to a military base hijack a jet and then kill every one in the city and parachute in front of you house and then sit down and watch tv tell me come on tell me that's right you can't because you never played a game like this so go now and buy it. Expand
  99. Jan 21, 2014
    Best game I have played!

Ratings:

Graphics: 9/10

Storyline: 7/10

Gameplay: 10/10

Characters: 10/10

Instead of buying a next gen console and replacing it, go ahead and buy this for the next year or two!
  100. Jan 20, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. love the game until the last update that took all my money away that I got legally for online and on story mode dropped my the three guys for me down to one dollar Expand
  101. Sep 17, 2013
    One hell of a game. It has a great narrative, tight gameplay and a fantastic soundtrack. It's everything you could want from a Rockstar game and more! Game of the year and quite possibly the game of this generation. (Ignore the jealous PC fanboys and buy this game!)

1. Dec 12, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto V offers one of the best sandbox experiences ever, filled to the brink with stuff to do. The vistas are magnificent and amazing stuff just seems to happen wherever you go. But at the same time the story is tired and the characters unoriginal. Your appreciation of Grand Theft Auto V will depend of what you want out of the series. The freedom and joy of discovery is hard to beat but the rest still has some ways left to go.
  2. Nov 6, 2013
    GTA V continues the game series' tradition of raising the bar for open world action games.
  3. Nov 5, 2013
    Tons of gameplay hours, plenty of missions and activities with an awesome collection of vehicles of various modes of transportation and a large array of firearms put the grandeur once again into Grand Theft Auto.