7.4

1. Jun 8, 2011
    This game is short (I beat it in one night) and it's easy (I only have 4 achievements left to grind out), but boy is it fun. Co-op could use some work, as only the first player gets achievements (this is a dealbreaker for some) and the camera zooms WAY out sometimes with two players, but the single player experience made me feel like I definitely got my money's worth, especially since itThis game is short (I beat it in one night) and it's easy (I only have 4 achievements left to grind out), but boy is it fun. Co-op could use some work, as only the first player gets achievements (this is a dealbreaker for some) and the camera zooms WAY out sometimes with two players, but the single player experience made me feel like I definitely got my money's worth, especially since it left me wanting to play it again after the credits. Since I NEVER replay games after I've beaten them anymore, that's really saying something. (FULL DISCLOSURE: I am a HUGE Green Lantern fan, so my opinion of the game might be slightly tainted by a favorable bias. Maybe knock one or two points off my score if you don't like GL.) Expand
  2. Jun 8, 2011
    I played this Co-Op with my roommate because he is a huge fan. The game is a fun God of War clone in the Green Lantern Movie Universe. Very fun. Even the hardest difficulty was well balanced, not cheap. I recommend it to any comic or beat 'em up fan!
  3. Jun 7, 2011
    If you are a fan of sci fi and liked god of war then u will like this game. The weapons and upgrade ability are very well done. It is one of the best games based from a movie I have ever played.
  4. Jun 14, 2011
    Totally enjoyed this game. Even as a fan of Green Lantern I was nervous about a movie tie-in (they seldom pay off.) but this one has delivered the goods as far as I am concerned. Fun variety of constructs provides a great combination of attacks, which keeps the countless battles from being repetitive.
  5. Jun 13, 2011
    This game is a lot of fun. I wasn't expecting much from the game at all but I must admit I am very pleased. The ring powers feel good; they are slapstick enough to just have a nice cheese level without being corny and cool enough to make you almost feel like it would be awesome to have a ring yourself. Voice acting could use a little more polish but overall it's pretty good. The gamesThis game is a lot of fun. I wasn't expecting much from the game at all but I must admit I am very pleased. The ring powers feel good; they are slapstick enough to just have a nice cheese level without being corny and cool enough to make you almost feel like it would be awesome to have a ring yourself. Voice acting could use a little more polish but overall it's pretty good. The games graphics are nice. Nothing is too standout but definitely nice enough to make you want to continue playing to see what the next environment will be. I haven't tried co-op yet but if it is like the rest of the game it should be good. this game is worth checking out it plays nice and looks nice. It's nice to be surprised by a game that you thought was going to be bad and find out that not only is it pretty good but it's also a lot of fun to play. Expand
  6. Aug 24, 2011
    Good fun game! But Please develop a better game Double Helix, what you did with Silent Hill Homecoming was ok, GI Joe was bad, and I looked forward to Front Mission Evolved but still it was messed up. Go back to your roots when you developed Homecoming which is the best game that you guys made.
  7. Jun 23, 2011
    Fun fun game! It's not the most stellar thing I've ever played, but it was good enough to prompt me to join Metacritic so I could write a review. I really enjoyed myself. The co-op is fun, the constructs (your battle tools) are varied and creative, and it's about 8 hours long....at least the first time through.
    If you're looking for a fun weekend game with your buddies, this is it.
    I give
    If you're looking for a fun weekend game with your buddies, this is it.
    I give it an A.
    And for the record, it's much better than the film...the stories are different and the game actually makes way more sense, and explained some things I couldn't figure out while watching the movie.
  8. Dec 7, 2012
    A pretty good superhero game. Not the next Arkham City, I'll tell you that right now, but still worth it if you like superheroes. Personally, I think the critics and the other Metacritic members were too harsh. It's not amazing, but it is certainly worth it. The story could use some work, but everything else is good.
  9. Jan 26, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Green lantern rise of the manhunters is one of the best movie games i have ever played unlike games like thor where its just a god of war rip off just with one button spamming, green lantern features so many combo variations where you can combine attacks to create devestating finishers. The story goes great and makes you wonder who the traitor is. also the scenery in the levels is done well in the first minutes. this game definently earns a 9/10 Expand
  10. Feb 24, 2016
    I was actually scared about playing this game. The movie was a huge disappoint, and I thought I was going to regret wasting ten dollars to buy this game. But my favourite super hero actually got a decent game. The story is not great, but its good, which is better than the movie. The gameplay is cool, as you can use powerful constructs against the enemy's. It's not replayible after you beatI was actually scared about playing this game. The movie was a huge disappoint, and I thought I was going to regret wasting ten dollars to buy this game. But my favourite super hero actually got a decent game. The story is not great, but its good, which is better than the movie. The gameplay is cool, as you can use powerful constructs against the enemy's. It's not replayible after you beat the story, because that is the only thing to do. Expand

1. A pretty good recycling of a braingougingly boring gameplay template.
  2. Jul 28, 2011
    Quotation forthcoming.
  3. Games Master UK
    Jul 25, 2011
    Slick but unimaginative scrapper with the odd flying bit chucked in for good measure. Meh. [Sept 2011, p.94]