Guitar Hero II Xbox 360

8.1

1. GuitarG.
    Apr 5, 2007
    Hello?!? Have any of you played both the xbox and ps2 versions? Yes the textures are higher res and there are 8 more songs in the campaign; but there are new software bugs with the UI, and achievements, not to mention the whole whammy bar fiasco. This is inferior quality to its ps2 brethren and costs more.
  2. DenizY.
    Apr 10, 2007
    A very fun game, but the terrible replacement vocals for 95% of the songs really kills each song for me... "Mother" and "Heart Shaped Box" are especially bad, I feel sorry for Danzig and Kurt Kobain.
  3. AndyO'Brien
    Apr 18, 2007
    This version of Guitar Hero is good, as good as the PS2 version. Some things better, somethings, not so much. Better: Guitar - Feels more solid, fret buttons a little higher, easier to pick up, and the strap is finally long enough for my tall frame so the guitar hangs below my belt, thank you for the last one. Game - HD! My HDTV has a slight lag (all of em do), and while the calibration This version of Guitar Hero is good, as good as the PS2 version. Some things better, somethings, not so much. Better: Guitar - Feels more solid, fret buttons a little higher, easier to pick up, and the strap is finally long enough for my tall frame so the guitar hangs below my belt, thank you for the last one. Game - HD! My HDTV has a slight lag (all of em do), and while the calibration feature is nice to have in the PS2 versions, it'd be even nicer if you could just manually set the lag delay. Nothing changed in the 360 version, but since the game runs in nice 720p, the lag isn't nearly as bad at default settings. Songs - New tracks, nothing to write home about, and hey you can play some GH1 tracks via XBLA! The bad: Guitar - The strum bar is a little looser. The GH2 cherry red had the tightest strum bar of the 3 versions released, by far the best. XB360 one, too loose, but not hard to adapt too. Whammy Bar issues... Bummer. I think I got lucky with mine though. Game: too much bloom! Game is still crazy hard, but I guess therein lies the challenge. When I played GH1 for the first time not being a huge rhythm fan I never thought i'd be passing Hard or even Expert songs, but I can now. Just goes to show if you do it enough you can be good at anything. Songs - Misirilu on Expert, and oh joy, 3 GH1 songs for around 7 bucks? Yeah, pass. Maybe they will bring the price down. Hopefully for GH3 they will make it so you can use the data from GH2 DVDs. Bottom line, if you've never played this game, pick up a copy + an extra guitar. Hey, the guitar works with Windows! if you don't have an XBox, get the controller and play some of those silly freeware games like Frets on Fire! Expand

1. Official Xbox Magazine
    Expect your non-gaming friends, family, and spouses to beg for the chance to bring the rock. That power alone makes Guitar Hero II a must-play. [Mar 2007, p.68]
  2. Play Magazine
    Everybody who frequents the game knows the feeling when the prompts melt away and you find yourself actually playing the music; that's why Guitar Hero is the best music and/or mainstream game to hit these United States. [Mar 2007, p.56]
  3. Hardcore Gamer
    It's exactly like Guitar Hero II for the PS2, but made even better by Microsoft's favorite son. [Mar 2007, p.58]