8.1

1. Mar 30, 2012
    This was the game that got me really into the Music game scene and was definitely the best version of the series before GH 3 started to try to appeal to all music genres instead of just the rock genre it was known for. I played this game for hours upon hours and neither Rock Band nor the subsequent GH games could compare to this one for me. If this game had the online support the later versions had, it probably would have been alot better. However, the lack of focus on one genre really hurt the later versions of the game, as well as the lack of creativity towards the end. But, if your a rock fan and just felt like the later versions of this game and Rock Band failed to deliver enough of the songs you really liked, then pick this game up. There are some excellent songs in this version and you don't have to wade through some of the crap from the later versions. Expand
  2. Feb 18, 2013
    Including the abilty to play rythm and bass, to add replayabilty, and fixing the hammer on and pull off issues from the first game, make this in my opinion the definitive guitar hero game. Later games in the series have perfected and expanded on the formula, but this game is still my personall favorite, ill always remember tackling hangar 18 and free bird, and having so much challenge, but so much pay off. This game also had alot of influence on my guitar playing, as i can now play hangar 18 and freebird fully on a real guitar (most of megadeths catolouge i can play, but pointless bragging rights aside)i foudn this game had the best set list, and the most simple, yet fun gamplay that made the world love guitar hero in the first place. Highly reccomended for any metal/rock fan, and anyone looking to start playing the series, or just have some fun. This is definitely the game to start with if your getting into guitar hero. Expand
  3. Sep 20, 2013
    Slightly better than the PS2 version; better detail although you mostly see white bursts and designs of the guitars and basses still have polygon parts rather than being straight. All or most of the songs covered by WaveGroup are great, Surrender, Carry On, You Really Got Me, Hush, Last Child, Freebird and others. If we don't have the "red ring of death" Xbox 360s, we will enjoy it more.
  4. May 3, 2013
    Absolutely loved every moment, that's not true actually, half the time I was livid but I always came back to the little plastic guitar. This got me hooked and I now play guitar too.

1. Expect your non-gaming friends, family, and spouses to beg for the chance to bring the rock. That power alone makes Guitar Hero II a must-play. [Mar 2007, p.68]
  2. Everybody who frequents the game knows the feeling when the prompts melt away and you find yourself actually playing the music; that's why Guitar Hero is the best music and/or mainstream game to hit these United States. [Mar 2007, p.56]
  3. It's exactly like Guitar Hero II for the PS2, but made even better by Microsoft's favorite son. [Mar 2007, p.58]