Guitar Hero: Van Halen Xbox 360

5.8

1. DavidB.
    Jan 15, 2010
    I got this for free with the GH5 mail in offer, and I'm still not impressed. I like the GH/RB games, but this really seemed to be a "throw in" with GH5, and nothing more. To think they're charging full price for this as a game? Ouch. $20 worth of DLC would have made more sense. Would have reduced the carbon footprint, to boot. VH fan or not, if you paid full price, you got ripped off.

1. Guitar Hero Van Halen is fun, just not the best in the series. The song selection will keep you and your friends happy (just skip Third Eye Blind) and the options are acceptable. Still, with a little more effort, this could've been on the same level as GH Metallica. The band deserved better.
    No effort was put into making it good. It's a step backwards for the franchise and a totally unnecessary release.
  3. The unfortunate thing about Guitar Hero: Van Halen is that it really had the potential to shine, but there just seemed to be too much working against it. The ongoing band feuds have eliminated not only a large section of the group's catalog, but a founding member as well, and laziness on the part of all parties involved means that there's nearly nothing added to the game to give it the extra content we saw in the Aerosmith and Metallica editions