Halo 3 Xbox 360

7.8

1. Sep 23, 2016
    I'm just writing at least 150 characters because I wanted to save this review in a more convenient way to look back at scores that I had given stuff as a user.
  2. Sep 7, 2016
    The best game ever made. If this game was a woman; it would have Taylor Swift's singing voice, Sasha Grey's bedroom skills and zooey deschanel's body but with bigger jugs.
  3. Sep 1, 2016
    This is my all-time favourite video game. The campaign is fantastic, it offers great replay value, and the co-operative aspects are very well implemented. The multiplayer has to be the best FPS PvP ever created. Nobody is at any kind of inherent advantage to anyone else, the only deciding factor in winning and losing is player skill. There are tons of completely varied modes, from theThis is my all-time favourite video game. The campaign is fantastic, it offers great replay value, and the co-operative aspects are very well implemented. The multiplayer has to be the best FPS PvP ever created. Nobody is at any kind of inherent advantage to anyone else, the only deciding factor in winning and losing is player skill. There are tons of completely varied modes, from the totally competitive SWAT mode, to the ridiculously fun and silly Grifball. The game also offers private matches which can be used for anything from private competitive games, hangout sessions, to testing out your favourite new maps and game modes. That's right, you can even create your own game modes and maps in the forge mode, alone or with friends. Then you can play these maps and game modes, and share them with others to enjoy.
    Sadly the user score for this game has been deflated by people who hate on the game, don't like the style of this game and therefore cannot accurately measure how well this game performs in it's ideas, and people who seem to have accidentally picked a lower number than they meant to.
  4. Aug 30, 2016
    THE BEST Halo game i have played so far. Campaign AWESOME. Multiplayer AMAZING. Forge INCREDIBLE. Theater BRILLIANT. Easy 10 in my mind and a lot of others. HALO FTW!
  5. Aug 20, 2016
    Nota 10 merecido, passei dias jogando com amigos em 4 players, junto com blue dragon ele é o melhor jogo do xbox 360, se quiser conhecer a plataforma compra halo 3
  6. Jul 7, 2016
    By far the best online gaming experience I have ever enjoyed. This game in its prime is only rivaled by modern warfare 2. Although Halo 2 is often praised as the best game in the franchise, I found this game to bring the most joy and ENDLESS entertainment. Games like this one deserve an 11.
  7. Jul 7, 2016
    Yet another masterpiece from bungie, halo 3 proved to be the conclusion to the halo trilogy that we needed. It's campaign is the best in the series, and makes up for that ending in halo 2, and the multiplayer, by god was it great.
  8. Jun 30, 2016
    I have never understood the fascination with this game. Its graphics were above average for its time, yet they have not aged well at all. The sound design on the whole is fairly solid, however, many of the weapon sounds (especially the assault rifle) are downright laughable. Meanwhile, the soundTRACK is very well done, and it is worth owning if you're a fan of contemporary or Halo musicI have never understood the fascination with this game. Its graphics were above average for its time, yet they have not aged well at all. The sound design on the whole is fairly solid, however, many of the weapon sounds (especially the assault rifle) are downright laughable. Meanwhile, the soundTRACK is very well done, and it is worth owning if you're a fan of contemporary or Halo music in general. The controls feel clanky and awkward (even more so now), and I have never enjoyed being taken out of scope view or crouch when I'm under fire. Moving through the jungle and exploiting its features in the first mission is a real joy, and the final mission is absolutely epic, yet the stuff in between leaves much to be desired. The story and cut-scenes are well done, and they set a nice backdrop for saving humanity and the galaxy yet again; definitely a highlight of the game. The Multiplayer element of this game is very well done, and overall it's arguably the best multiplayer structure for any of the Halo games. Nonetheless, I can only do so much running around and shooting of human opponents, before the multiplayer begins to feel a lot less fun, and a lot more like work. As I am not being paid to play the game, reaching level 50 and becoming a 'world beater', is a relatively empty experience and offers next to no real-life value whatsoever. My advice to fans of this genre is to seek out Halo Reach and Halo 4, as those games are far superior in almost every way. All-in-All, Halo 3 is a decent game. However, in this reviewer's opinion, it was and still is extremely overrated, and it is certainly not an essential game for XBOX 360 owners. Expand
  9. May 16, 2016
    The online to this game was bland and like every other halo now there is different game modes in this game there wasn't very many and the only fun one to play was swat I had fun with that one. But what I really want to talk about is the campaign, this was one of the most beautiful campaigns to play. With the newer games and older games I never really enjoyed the campaign or the story of itThe online to this game was bland and like every other halo now there is different game modes in this game there wasn't very many and the only fun one to play was swat I had fun with that one. But what I really want to talk about is the campaign, this was one of the most beautiful campaigns to play. With the newer games and older games I never really enjoyed the campaign or the story of it but halo it all connects and it's fun to play and your on the edge of your seat, especially more towards the end that was a lot of fun. I know with the newer halo's the stories have gotten more bland and confusing but the whole halo franchise is amazing and I would play all the campaigns again and again Expand
  10. May 8, 2016
    Halo 3, being my first Halo game, was a remarkable experience. The multiplayer is (or was, at this point) like no other, and the campaign is also extremely fun, especially with co-op. The amount of effort put into this game is astounding, with a great story, well-designed campaign levels and multiplayer maps, and more multiplayer gamemodes than you can shake an energy sword at. However,Halo 3, being my first Halo game, was a remarkable experience. The multiplayer is (or was, at this point) like no other, and the campaign is also extremely fun, especially with co-op. The amount of effort put into this game is astounding, with a great story, well-designed campaign levels and multiplayer maps, and more multiplayer gamemodes than you can shake an energy sword at. However, after going back and playing the first two Halo games, the story seems a little underwhelming, feeling like a sort of anticlimactic ending for the epic cliffhanger at the end of Halo 2. This is the only reason I didn't give it a 10 (my actual review score is a 9.5). To end on a more positive note however, Halo 3 is without a doubt one of the greatest Xbox 360 games of all time, and one you should definitely play if you haven't yet. Expand
  11. Apr 23, 2016
    gran historia, mucha variedad de entornos y misiones, armas equipacion, uno de los halo que mas me gusta, buen control, sorprenden los escenarios espaciales y la batalla final.
  12. Apr 11, 2016
    Anyone who ever gave this game anything less than a 7 is lying to themselves. It may not be a 10 but you know its pretty damn good. The multiplayer alone should warrant an automatic 9 and when you pile on the deep (and yes, at times convoluted) story it has to be at least a 9.5. If you own an XBOX 360 and have somehow not experienced the excellence that is the Halo series,
  13. Apr 7, 2016
    Halo 3 is everything a Halo game should be. Everything from it's map design, gameplay, physics, weapon/vehicle variety, single player story, art design and music are all amazing. It's simple same start, fight for power weapons gameplay is so beautifully balanced and fun to play. This is the Game 343 and microsoft need to learn from. It is the best Halo game to date and one of my favoriteHalo 3 is everything a Halo game should be. Everything from it's map design, gameplay, physics, weapon/vehicle variety, single player story, art design and music are all amazing. It's simple same start, fight for power weapons gameplay is so beautifully balanced and fun to play. This is the Game 343 and microsoft need to learn from. It is the best Halo game to date and one of my favorite games of all time. Expand
  14. Mar 24, 2016
    The reason that I purchased an Xbox 360 over a PS3, Halo 3 expands and completes the original chapter of the Master Chief in a way that will leave you wanting more and more. The campaign is as solid and interesting as previous entries in the series, and the relationship between the Master Chief, Cortana and others will keep you immersed in what you are playing.

The uniqueness in the

The uniqueness in the multiplayer however, really brings Halo 3 to another level. Its 'highest skill' ranking system allows players to always be playing other gamers of the same level as themselves, therefore never getting drawn away from the game because of other players being more advanced than them. It still provides motivation to get that high skill all the way up to 50 however, to really show who's boss. Custom maps are another highlight of this excellent FPS, and I personally had most fun on these custom games with friends. Downloaded from Bungie.net, the custom games are a true draw towards Halo 3, as if it didn't have enough draws already.

All in all, if you haven't played Halo 3, what exactly have you been doing?
  15. Feb 21, 2016
    Easily my favorite Halo story wise it's epic from beginning to end and through out the whole campaign you will have a big smile on your face as Master Chief and The Arbiter go through the covenant and eventually the flood and it sets up the new trilogy perfectly for 343 industries (I don't know if Bungie had plans for a Halo 4). However the multiplayer is a little stale now a days and canEasily my favorite Halo story wise it's epic from beginning to end and through out the whole campaign you will have a big smile on your face as Master Chief and The Arbiter go through the covenant and eventually the flood and it sets up the new trilogy perfectly for 343 industries (I don't know if Bungie had plans for a Halo 4). However the multiplayer is a little stale now a days and can be boring at times but it still holds up to this day, I am so glad that they remastered the campaign in the Master Chief collection and you should defiantly get the MCC if you have an Xbox one just to play Halo 3 if you only have a 360 then buy this game if you already haven't. Expand
  16. Feb 21, 2016
    Muito Bom, pode se encontrar o jogo dublado em português, ótimos gráficos (para a época) e áudio bom .
    Vejo como única fala o jogo ser curto para quem vem de Halo e Halo 2 .
  17. Feb 20, 2016
    ótimo jogo, um dos melhores jogos fps que já joguei, e o segundo melhor halo que já joguei até hoje. o jogo apresenta: uma ótima história, gráficos bons pra época, ótimo multiplayer, esse é um dos únicos jogos que eu conheço que da pra vc salvar de 2 jogadores. sem falar que ele é dublado, isso ajudou muito a entender a história.
  18. Jan 6, 2016
    When I think of Halo 3, I think of one the greatest video games ever made. One that is so excellently created and executed, it makes me feel genuinely happy because of its very existence alone. Halo 3 is the definition of masterpiece in my opinion. The campaign was a truly phenomenal conclusion to the well loved trilogy of Halo games by Bungie, with the exception of one mission (I'mWhen I think of Halo 3, I think of one the greatest video games ever made. One that is so excellently created and executed, it makes me feel genuinely happy because of its very existence alone. Halo 3 is the definition of masterpiece in my opinion. The campaign was a truly phenomenal conclusion to the well loved trilogy of Halo games by Bungie, with the exception of one mission (I'm looking at you, Cortana....ugh..). The standout feature of Halo 3 though, is its online matchmaking. While games like Halo: Reach and Halo 5: Guardians have delivered better, more fulfilling experiences, Halo 3 is the one that feels the most like Halo, not too fast and ridiculous, but is very well paced. Not to mention, this game introduced the forge mode, which is what introduced me to this game, and the soundtrack....features some of the best compositions in video game history. That is all I have to say, Halo 3 is excellent in all meanings of that word. If you never played it, get it ASAP, you won't regret it. :) Expand
  19. Dec 12, 2015
    Despite campaign not being the best, amazing re-playability through matchmaking which I think was the idea. Campaign was more of a tutorial/training to really enjoy the multi-player feature of the game.

The best video game I ever played. Halo 3 was my childhood, lots of great memories. Thanks Bungie.
  20. Nov 19, 2015
    One of my favorite games in the Halo universe. The graphics were insanely good for the time it was released and it still holds up today. The online gameplay was great for the time and continues to be great in the Master chief collection on the Xbox One. If you have a 360 and haven't played Halo 3 then what are you doing?!
  21. Nov 19, 2015
    Halo 3 cant improve the series, because it cant improve from Halo 2, right? Wrong. Halo 3 improves from Halo 2, by having screenshot sharing, theather mode, where you can watch your matches, forge, where you can make your own maps and an even better multiplayer experience. Halo 3 is a perfect sendoff to the trilogy and totally worth buying.
  22. Nov 12, 2015
    Halo 3 was the end of the classic era of FPS gaming, with no aiming down the sights, power weapons on specific zones of the map, and very little of the lets-play-dressup digital barbie for teen boy garbage you get in current shooters.

It was THE best and one of the most competitive shooters of it's day. The sad part is that in 2015, while the game has aged well, it no longer has a

It was THE best and one of the most competitive shooters of it's day.

The sad part is that in 2015, while the game has aged well, it no longer has a playerbase, servers sit in the low 100s, so if you're planning on picking this up, plan on playing custom games with friends, or single-player.
  23. Nov 5, 2015
    This game is a master piece ,Incredible this game:maps,enemies,ambition,soundtrack... Amazing
    but this games isn´t the best halo trilogy,The best is a Halo Combat Evolved but is amazing Halo 3
  24. Oct 30, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Quite simply the best FPS ever made. Balanced, addictive multiplayer, great visuals & the most cinematic ending I have ever seen in any game. The Prophet Of Truth's anticlimactic death (Why the hell did the Arbiter kill him & not the Master Chief? That one-liner from the Arbiter was epic though.
    Prophet: "I! AM! TROOOTHH!!!! VOICE OF THE COVENANT!!!!!"
    Arbiter: "And so you must be SILENCED!" *Skewers Truth with his energy sword*
    Also in the second last mission (Cortana) I had to fight my way through hordes of Flood, so I was stuck on it for quite a while. I had endless fun with the game mode NinjaBall, so 10/10.
  25. Oct 1, 2015
    Tier 2
    + Polishes some aspects of the Halo experience, offering some cool additions to the mechanics in multiplayer
    + Forge map editor is a welcome addition providing some opportunities for unique gameplay, though it feels fairly sparse ? Single-player campaign not particularly strong compared to the previous installments - Multiplayer feels a bit stilted and like a step-backwards in
    Tier 2
    - Multiplayer feels a bit stilted and like a step-backwards in some ways from the last installment
  26. Sep 27, 2015
    This game should be on at least the top ten lists of every gamer who has played it. Bungie managed to produce a true "masterpiece" with this game. It tells a compelling story through the campaign that is very fun to play, both alone and with up to three friends. It boasts an EXTREMELY diverse multiplayer because of the diversity of Forge and the game-mode maker, making it great for bothThis game should be on at least the top ten lists of every gamer who has played it. Bungie managed to produce a true "masterpiece" with this game. It tells a compelling story through the campaign that is very fun to play, both alone and with up to three friends. It boasts an EXTREMELY diverse multiplayer because of the diversity of Forge and the game-mode maker, making it great for both casual players and those looking to play competitively. Released in 2007, it is one of the first games to have mastered "Theater" in live games, the first of First Person Shooters. With the amazing concept and design of Forge comes Custom Games, one of the best multiplayer experiences in a video game. With unique game-modes/maps such as Fat Kid, Duck Hunt, Trash Compacter, and hundreds more. This is the game you can pour thousands of hours into and love it just as much and can keep playing. I have played quite a bit of games, Jim, but this is my #1. Expand
  27. Sep 12, 2015
    Great, great game and the most fun that I have had playing computer games since MarioKart64 and Golden Eye. The maps, the balance of weapons, the teamwork, the playlists, theatre mode and forge, all amazing. There are a few small things that let it down but they are all XBL issues: Cheating, bullet registration, matchmaking preferences.

Overall, still my favourite game of all time.
  28. Sep 9, 2015
    Definately one of the best games of all time. Campaign gets a 9/10 and multiplayer is 10/10. The only things that aren't perfect is equipment and facial animations.
  29. Aug 31, 2015
    if you think halo 3 sucks, your wrong. halo 3 is a fantasic game with awesome singe player with great action fast pased in mulitplayer. this game is for you.
  30. Aug 30, 2015
    This reivew covers Halo 3 available in the Master Chief Collection for XBOX ONE.

Halo 3 carries the great story in Halo 2 on and I have a fantastic time throughout the campaign. In terms of graphics and music, these are top-notch, as usual. However, having played the Halo 2 Anniversary edition in the Master Chief Collection, I was disappointed that they didn't remastered this game

In terms of graphics and music, these are top-notch, as usual. However, having played the Halo 2 Anniversary edition in the Master Chief Collection, I was disappointed that they didn't remastered this game too.

Vehicles stay a main part of the game and that's awesome. And, with the inclusion of new weapons, the games remains always fresh. Dual-wielding is also available, though there's been some changes (e.g you cannot wield 2 Needlers).

The only con that I can think of is that each of the so called "missions" is a collection of missions in itself separated by a cutscene. So, if you play short sessions, you'll most likely lose a bit of your context regarding your objective (and the story) because you might just end up running from checkpoint A to B.
  31. Aug 24, 2015
    Halo was the first fps game i ever played. Me and my brother used to play this game a lot until he left. I still love playing this game and I am waiting anxiously for halo 5.
  32. Aug 13, 2015
    This game was the first Halo game I played, and it was my first 360 game. Loved it, and played through and through, multiplayer was awesome, fast paced and intense at times. Story was Ok, at least it got me interested in playing other Halo games.
    Co-op campaign great bonus, Forge was incredible and theatre allowed you to record those great matches or just those hillarious kills or deaths in a game and let's not forget some great machinima moments.
  33. Aug 4, 2015
    The best Halo ever and the best Game I have ever played.An AMAZING sequel to Halo 2.Multiplayer is so incredibly good.Story is little bit dissapointing but its ok.Everyone should buy this game.
  34. Jul 29, 2015
    This is another game that I cannot write a direct review about, YOU have to play the game to truly experience what I want to put into words. I cannot find a flaw with this game, everything went right, the story, the gameplay, the characters, EVERYTHING.
  35. Jul 23, 2015
    Being a huge fan of Halo, this was THE reason to get an Xbox 360 for me. So how is the game? Well, absolutely amazing. The game starts with Master Chief returning to Earth after the events of Halo 2, landing in Africa. It then moves onto him getting him back into action after falling to the Earth. I will not spoil the rest, as it only gets better. The game play is similar to the previousBeing a huge fan of Halo, this was THE reason to get an Xbox 360 for me. So how is the game? Well, absolutely amazing. The game starts with Master Chief returning to Earth after the events of Halo 2, landing in Africa. It then moves onto him getting him back into action after falling to the Earth. I will not spoil the rest, as it only gets better. The game play is similar to the previous installments, but now features the ability to use equipment in addition to dual-wielding smaller weapons. The plot is great, as is standard for Halo (except Halo 4). And finally, the various modes are fun and exciting. The campaign is awesome and offers plenty of replay value with trying to find Skulls, seeing what the skulls do, and various other things. While the game may not be as graphically impressive as it was back in 2007, it is still an amazing game. 10/10. If you own an Xbox One or 360, I suggest picking this up. Expand
  36. Jul 21, 2015
    Halo 3 is the game I found myself very excited to start playing, but the game hadn't get me more than 3 hours of gameplay (I'm sorry. Yeah, I didn't play it a long time, but 3 hours was my best).
    The game, in my opinion, has a poor story that walks VERY SLOWLY through nonsense battles. I didn't play Halo nor Halo 2, so that may cause this. But as a "faraway" player of the franchise, Halo 3 wasn't a good experience for me.
    There's repetitive enemies, little (or inexistent) exciting events. In short: A pure FPS game. This may be the cause some may like the game, but this is for sure the reason I can't play it longer.
  37. Jun 18, 2015
    Halo 3 ist für mich persöhnlich der beste Teil der Serie.
    Atemberaubende Kampagne, egal ob Solo oder im 4-Spieler Koop an einer Konsole oder Online.
    Schöne Grafik (Für damalige Verhältnisse), extrem präzise Steuerung, eine kraftvoll inszenierte Kampagne und der Mutliplayer machten Teil 3 der Reihe zum Perfektesten Spiel aller Zeiten. Nicht nur die Kampagne spielte ich unzählige male
    Halo 3 ist für mich persöhnlich der beste Teil der Serie.
    Nicht nur die Kampagne spielte ich unzählige male alleine oder mit Freunden, nein.
    Ich spielte den Multiplayer rauf und runter, bis heute gab es keinen Titel den ich solange Online spielte.
    Egal ob Ranked, Social oder einfach nur Customgames, es machte einfach immer spaß, selbst verlieren störte nicht da man dann einfach untereinnander seine Fähigkeiten in noch mehr Customgames erweiterte.
    Ich werde die Zeit vermissen in der ich mich nach der Schule entspannt an die Konsole setzte um mit meinen Freunden Stundenlang zu zocken, verbunden mit viel Lachern und extrem viel Spaß !
  38. Jun 4, 2015
    Very good I loved the awesome game play, halo is the best first person shooter. And the campaign is amazing! Loved it. Best game ever 10/10. You should play!
  39. May 31, 2015
    I don´t know if it´s only the background music in the menu or the perfect combat system, but to me Halo 3 is the highlight of the actual Halo trilogy and one of the best shooters.
    The campaign isn´t perfect, but the story is nice and all in all it´s just epic !
  40. Apr 18, 2015
    Amazing game. story, gameplay and multiplayer. the games now days should learn from these gems. the only things that bothers me is that you will need a decent connection in order to enjoy at its full potential the multiplayer. you will ned "host"
  41. Mar 29, 2015
    Halo 3 is an absolute classic alongside Halo 1 and 2. The campaign is just as memorable and fun Halo 1 and 2. The multiplayer is just an absolute blast, you will probably be playing that for hours and hours. The soundtrack is always getting us Halo fan boys to get exited and ballistic about. You should buy this game if you are a halo fan, or even if your a newcomer to the halo franchise.Halo 3 is an absolute classic alongside Halo 1 and 2. The campaign is just as memorable and fun Halo 1 and 2. The multiplayer is just an absolute blast, you will probably be playing that for hours and hours. The soundtrack is always getting us Halo fan boys to get exited and ballistic about. You should buy this game if you are a halo fan, or even if your a newcomer to the halo franchise. Buy Halo 3 now. Expand
  42. Mar 16, 2015
    CAMPAIGN
    * * * * * * * * * A solid plotline with a plethora of epic set-pieces and stirring moments of spine-tingling drama. The characters are predictable, but it's what you would and should expect from a Halo game. Graphically, this game has the unmistakably unique Halo style of aesthetics, which keeps it distinguishable. The sound effects are good and, like the
    CAMPAIGN
    * * * * * * * * *

Graphically, this game has the unmistakably unique Halo style of aesthetics, which keeps it distinguishable. The sound effects are good and, like the graphical style, retain an unmistakable Halo feel. The voice acting is above average, but nothing standout. NPC dialogue is still bland and often cringe-worthy, but luckily, the main dialogue is usually noticeably better.

The soundtrack is, in my opinion, easily one of the most stunning ever composed for a video-game. The amount of raw emotional power delivered through the expertly crafted soundtrack of Halo 3 is truly something to behold, and it will make your spine tingle more times than one could count. Martin O'Donnell certainly, without a doubt, gave this soundtrack everything he had. And it shows.

The controls of Halo 3 are virtually the same as the previous two titles, and there is not necessarily anything wrong with that. The Halo control scheme is a classic layout, and to tamper with it inefficiently would be a bit of a drawback. However, the inherent lack of a sprint button by now, the third entry, is something worth mentioning. The HUD is still clear and simple, and provides just as much information as it has to.

Meanwhile, there are virtually no bugs to speak of, and the system runs smoothly with the well-known Halo physics that are a blast to play around with. The biggest issue with the campaign is the somewhat tedious final few levels, such as the infamous and universally dreaded 'Cortana' level. The Flood are, as always, horribly annoying. Entire levels dedicated to them are beyond frustrating.

There is good content here, and replay value is moderate.

TOTAL SCORE FOR CAMPAIGN: 7/10

* * * * * * * * * * *
    MULTIPLAYER
    * * * * * * * * * * *
    The ever-classic multiplayer mode of Halo has never been better than it is here.

Halo 3 can proudly boast one of the most excellent multiplayer modes ever created for an FPS game. With plenty of modes to keep you occupied, lots of intense slayer battles to be fought, more flags and oddballs to be collected than one could hope for, Halo 3's multiplayer is superb in nearly every way. Truly, this is Halo 3's winning feature.

The amount of fun to be had here is unmatched.

TOTAL SCORE FOR MULTIPLAYER: 9/10

FILM
    * * * * * * * *
    Film allows you to get a spectacularly detailed look at the campaign levels and multiplayer matches through the eyes of a spectator. It adds a whole new element to the mix.

The controls can be occasionally finicky, but once mastered, Film can provide you with plenty of awesome views.

It takes some getting used to, but if used well, it can be a mildly entertaining mode.

TOTAL SCORE FOR FILM MODE: 7/10

FORGE
    * * * * * * * *
    Forge allows the player to customize the default maps with additional weapons and items.

Highly finicky, surprisingly buggy, and just very very frustrating. The amount of time and patience required to produce a customized map is rarely worth the result, especially with the annoyingly unwieldy controls.

Hardly worth the effort necessary to be used. It's Lackluster, and there is little chance of repeat visits to this mode.

TOTAL SCORE OF FORGE: 5/10

* * * * * * * * THE VERDICT * * * * * * * * There is plenty of value in Halo 3. A good campaign that is sure to give you goose-bumps (but not without a few road-bumps here and there), and a stunning multiplayer mode that improves on the classic style in efficient ways. The replay value is high. Unfortunately, Film Mode and Forge detract a bit from the overall content, but not much. Halo 3 is a great gaming experience that has held up over the years. It's a true classic.
  43. Feb 6, 2015
    this game had the best campaign, most even mulitiplayer and best multiplayer great graphics for the year it was made in(2007). this game is just great. it continues where halo 2 left of and had a great story
  44. Jan 10, 2015
    Awesome game, kept me at the edge of my seat, introduced new game changing forge mode, and once again reinforced Xbox superiority over PC and PlayStation. The reason it's not a 10/10 for me is because it wasn't as big a leap forward from halo 2, as halo 2 was from halo 1. Still a leap forward though!
  45. Jan 1, 2015
    One of the best video games of all time, and by far the best Xbox 360 game out there. The multiplayer and campaign are both best of the series, but you definitely need to play Halo: Combat Evolved and Halo 2 before you even touch this game.
  46. Dec 9, 2014
    Halo 3 is the best of the original trilogy in my opinion. The graphics were greatly improved, the story was great and it wasn't overwhelmingly short. I think it took me between 7-9 hours to beat on Hard difficulty.

Verdict:
    An awesome way to end the Chief's story... un till Halo 4
  47. Nov 26, 2014
    anyone who gives this game a low score haven't played a halo game yet best graphics of 2007 mutiplayer was epic story at least a 9.9 i dont like the flood missions
  48. Nov 25, 2014
    Una de las mayores tomaduras de pelo en marketing de la historia de los videojuegos (Microsoft no dejó que la prensa mostrara imágenes del modo historia hasta por lo menos su estreno, no fuera que se le viera el plumero al jueguecito). Las dos primeras entregas tuvieron su gracia y razón de ser en la primera xbox, fueron un espectáculo audiovisual sin precedentes en consola y tenían unaUna de las mayores tomaduras de pelo en marketing de la historia de los videojuegos (Microsoft no dejó que la prensa mostrara imágenes del modo historia hasta por lo menos su estreno, no fuera que se le viera el plumero al jueguecito). Las dos primeras entregas tuvieron su gracia y razón de ser en la primera xbox, fueron un espectáculo audiovisual sin precedentes en consola y tenían una historia interesante. Pero todo esto se acabó al llegar 360. Halo 3 es más de lo mismo, un refrito barato de las dos entregas anteriores, un juego que no evoluciona y que queda lejos de ser referente de nada en 360. Un juego que ya sólo sirve para que un montón de niñatos, que se creen aficionados a los videojuegos, se peguen tiros por internet. Patético. Expand
  49. Nov 15, 2014
    I'll lay out this game quickly with a score for each section.

Campaign gameplay: 8.5/10 Mechanics, enemies, guns, mission designs are all done great (with the exception of the last two mission). Story: 9/10 Great Bungie storytelling that really "finishes the fight" but is left of with a cliff hanger (Setting up for Halo 4). Graphics/Sound: 9/10 Big jump from Halo 2 and looks and
    I'll lay out this game quickly with a score for each section.

Graphics/Sound: 9/10 Big jump from Halo 2 and looks and sounds great for its time.

Multiplayer: 9/10 Fantastic multiplayer maps (some of the best of its franchise), great NEW gamemodes and amazing gameplay and balance.

Forge 8/10: If you're looking for a great way to construct your own maps in Halo, then Halo Reach is for you. But, forge on Halo 3 isn't to far behind.
  50. Nov 1, 2014
    A very fun game indeed, the story is great and the multiplayer system works wonders not to mention how fun the whole game is. forge could be better but otherwise this game is great,
  51. Oct 17, 2014
    my favorite game ever. Intense campaign, endless multiplayer map editing options, online matchmaking is incredible, and one of the first games to introduce recording your gameplay at all times so you can go back and watch it. just an all around perfect game.
  52. Sep 18, 2014
    Halo 3 is the first game that i bought with my first xbox 360. It's my favourite Halo because the campain is really epic and fun to play with friends. Halo 3 is one of the must have on xbox 360.
  53. Sep 10, 2014
    Campaign was pretty good, but that isn't the reason I play halo nor is campaign reflected in my score. I still play halo 3 to this day and love every minute of it. Even when I am raging and cursing at bungie. What makes halo 3 great is that Bungie added onto halo 2 without adding to much to effect gameplay. They still had duel wielding, but they fixed a bunch of glitches, allowed trades inCampaign was pretty good, but that isn't the reason I play halo nor is campaign reflected in my score. I still play halo 3 to this day and love every minute of it. Even when I am raging and cursing at bungie. What makes halo 3 great is that Bungie added onto halo 2 without adding to much to effect gameplay. They still had duel wielding, but they fixed a bunch of glitches, allowed trades in beat downs, changed the aiming to add to the skill gap, and added equipment on the maps. None of these things took away from the gameplay, but instead added to it. They kept it the same arena style that Halo fans had come to love. They moved away from this in Reach when they turned this amazing Arena FPS into a Class-based FPS, but that is another story. All and all it is probably one of the best Multiplayer FPS on the xbox 360. Expand
  54. Sep 9, 2014
    Not the best game in the series but still a great game, will always remember this game especially as it was the first game i played on Xbox Live. 8/10.
  55. Sep 5, 2014
    I know this game is hated for the too short of a campaign and stuff. But overall i like it.
    Its not the best. (halo reach) but its not the worst (halo wars).
    There is so much negatives for this game. I really,really like it. Its fun in multiplayer.
    I'm not that high of a rank but whatever.
    Describe it with 3 words: FUN,ADDICTIVE,SHOOTING
  56. Jul 11, 2014
    Best **** game ever, the game i played the most mp
  57. Jun 26, 2014
    One of the few games I got all of the achievements for. Playing FFA on The Pit.. Getting a quad-kill with an energy sword? Awesome. Getting your last two achievements? Badass. Unlocking the katana to remember that forever? Priceless.
  58. Jun 25, 2014
    Halo 3 is one of the most influential games of our time. It has one of the most enjoyable multiplayers and best stories in the business. It was my first game for the 360, and by God it was one of my favorites. For it's time, the graphics were astounding, the gameplay was smooth as cream and the soundtrack... oh Lord the soundtrack. It was one of the most sublime compositions of our time.Halo 3 is one of the most influential games of our time. It has one of the most enjoyable multiplayers and best stories in the business. It was my first game for the 360, and by God it was one of my favorites. For it's time, the graphics were astounding, the gameplay was smooth as cream and the soundtrack... oh Lord the soundtrack. It was one of the most sublime compositions of our time. In 2014 you can find it at a measly price, so grab your AR and jump into one of the last servers remaining, or simply enjoy the amazing campaign.

59. Jun 12, 2014
    A great finale for a great series. With its fun campaign and exciting multiplayer this game is one of the greatest games ever, and definitely still the best Master Chief game
  60. Jun 11, 2014
    Halo 3 in my opinion still stands the test of time as the creator of the word (epic game conclusion franchise), (Finish The Fight Master Chief THE HYPE THE HYPE and it lived up to it if not more so) an epic fight it was for that matter, with a powerful soundtrack by Martin Donnell, (The flood music especially) An epic FPS SCFI halo 3 is that i will remember forever. I recommend this gameHalo 3 in my opinion still stands the test of time as the creator of the word (epic game conclusion franchise), (Finish The Fight Master Chief THE HYPE THE HYPE and it lived up to it if not more so) an epic fight it was for that matter, with a powerful soundtrack by Martin Donnell, (The flood music especially) An epic FPS SCFI halo 3 is that i will remember forever. I recommend this game to anyone who enjoys FPS/SCFI although my first recommendation would be to play the first 2 halo games to know the lore abit more, or you will be completely lost jumping into this game. Expand
  61. May 16, 2014
    I remember when i first play this game i was blown away by the graphics and environments, i couldn't put down the controller! turns out I finished halo 3 in 3 days. Halo 3 is an amazing squeal to such a popular gaming series, it really pushed the franchise forward! Everything that was great in the past games is now amazing! the only thing it's missing is something new. Halo 3 broughtI remember when i first play this game i was blown away by the graphics and environments, i couldn't put down the controller! turns out I finished halo 3 in 3 days. Halo 3 is an amazing squeal to such a popular gaming series, it really pushed the franchise forward! Everything that was great in the past games is now amazing! the only thing it's missing is something new. Halo 3 brought nothing new to the table just stuck to its pros and gave us a solid FPS if not the best. A worthy game to play! Microsoft Studios has really out done themselves. Expand
  62. Apr 20, 2014
    The campaign is overall lacking, there just isn't any sense of urgency even though everything is supposed to be at stake, and it feels like nothing is at stake, which ruins the overall drive of the game. You know before even starting the game that master chief is going to save Cortana,defeat the covenant, and save earth. It's very predictable and doesn't do anything unexpected. Not toThe campaign is overall lacking, there just isn't any sense of urgency even though everything is supposed to be at stake, and it feels like nothing is at stake, which ruins the overall drive of the game. You know before even starting the game that master chief is going to save Cortana,defeat the covenant, and save earth. It's very predictable and doesn't do anything unexpected. Not to mention the awful level design in the level "Cortana".
    The Multiplayer is what makes this game great, it's balanced, fast paced, and requires skill to be good at.
  63. Apr 16, 2014
    Best Halo game EVER created! You are not a true Halo fan if you do not love this game. You are doing yourself a favor if you buy this game. Go ahead and do it. Don't listen to the negative reviews either. This game is so worth it. It brought machinima to its peak, it introduced us to Theater and Forge, and accompanied by that was an amazing Matchmaking system with a superb ranking system.Best Halo game EVER created! You are not a true Halo fan if you do not love this game. You are doing yourself a favor if you buy this game. Go ahead and do it. Don't listen to the negative reviews either. This game is so worth it. It brought machinima to its peak, it introduced us to Theater and Forge, and accompanied by that was an amazing Matchmaking system with a superb ranking system. You just cannot not love this game! If you're reading and and don't have it, get Halo 3 now! Expand
  64. Apr 8, 2014
    Unfortunately, I at one time loved the Halo series, so it was inevitable that I would eventually get the 3rd installment in the series. Now let's breakdown what an utter piece of crap this game was and why 2700 other users on this site need to be sterilized so they can't breed. To utter a term coined by one Yahtzee Croshaw, (who I normally adamantly disagree with) This game is a spunkUnfortunately, I at one time loved the Halo series, so it was inevitable that I would eventually get the 3rd installment in the series. Now let's breakdown what an utter piece of crap this game was and why 2700 other users on this site need to be sterilized so they can't breed. To utter a term coined by one Yahtzee Croshaw, (who I normally adamantly disagree with) This game is a spunk gargle wee wee. Not only is there little to no chance of dying, because just hide til your shields replenish, there are no real threats in the game. The title itself looks more like halo 2 than a next gen title like it was, the physics are really screwed up, picking a turret up slows you down but you still jump like their is reduced gravity. The storyline wasn't as good as the predecessors, This game was designed for the 13 year old kids to get a headshot and then talk crap to series gamers. I'd say get this game only to see what needs to be changed in the new games coming out. Once again its up to us to change the industry, buying a 59.99 expansion like madden 15, or Halo 5, just isn't something I'm willing to do. Some argue the online for this game is what defines it. Unfortunately for me, online isn't what makes a game, the play, story, and characters make the game. Expand
  65. Mar 31, 2014
    This was the first FPS game that I could give 10/10 to. It was by far the best online FPS game out at the time. I purchased a xbox 360 purely for this game after trying it at a friends house, I played this game in he excess of 1000+ hours, without a moment of boredom. The vehicles included in the game were very cool. The weapons were very diverse and each took different tactics to masterThis was the first FPS game that I could give 10/10 to. It was by far the best online FPS game out at the time. I purchased a xbox 360 purely for this game after trying it at a friends house, I played this game in he excess of 1000+ hours, without a moment of boredom. The vehicles included in the game were very cool. The weapons were very diverse and each took different tactics to master and gain kills from.

Gameplay 10/10, Online 10/10, Weapon/Vehicles 10/10 OVERALL 10/10
  66. Mar 11, 2014
    Best game of the Xbox 360 generation for sure. Id have to say that It had the best multiplayer in the entire series or even all of gaming. Wish the newer ones were like this
  67. Mar 11, 2014
    good game by bungie. deserves higher than the 7.7 average so i gave it a 10. the new halo games are absolutely terrible in comparison...if they get scores like 6 then this deserves a 100/10. i mean halo 4 literally killed halo...at least halo 3 was #1 on xbox live for two 1/2 years.
  68. Jan 22, 2014
    It's by far my favorite Halo game. Don't know why it got so much hate. It's the #1 game of 2007 I still come back to. It never gets old. The ending of the game still impresses me to this day. The story broke no barriers and was consistent. Still hate the level Cortana, though.
  69. Jan 18, 2014
    Another game that is a little hard to review, as the multi-player element of the game is far better than it's single player campaign. Halo gains almost all it's score in the multi-player but I feel this is a bit unfair as it's one of the only online experiences I have had on the 360 but that's because it's the most fun. The only good thing the single player campaign did was remind me ofAnother game that is a little hard to review, as the multi-player element of the game is far better than it's single player campaign. Halo gains almost all it's score in the multi-player but I feel this is a bit unfair as it's one of the only online experiences I have had on the 360 but that's because it's the most fun. The only good thing the single player campaign did was remind me of the fun I had playing the original Halo, after the second Halo game really didn't tickle my balls I thought this game returned to a formula that works, but the more I thought about the game afterwards the more it reminded me of Halo and it felt like this game was just chasing the success of the original. This was the end of my interest in the Halo storyline, I thought it descended into **** at the start of the second game. Overall the amount of time I have spent playing multi-player saves this game from a low score. Expand
  70. Jan 10, 2014
    Halo 3 is my third favorite game of all time because, it is enjoyable experience, its fun to play with your friends, and it has one of the best campaign I've ever seen, so why if you haven't played this game yet. buy it. I still play this game to the date and its still fun to play. oh if you a cod player and you don't like this game, you have no variety.
  71. Jan 2, 2014
    This game is for everyone who's into Superheroes,FPS and Sci-fi. The campaign is very well made with a lot of replay value and co-op (splitscreen and online).The story is also very engaging. Online Multiplayer is a blast, my favorite mode is team slayer where two teams ,each with 4 players try to get the most kills. This is easily one of the most balanced games I've played to date. In 2014This game is for everyone who's into Superheroes,FPS and Sci-fi. The campaign is very well made with a lot of replay value and co-op (splitscreen and online).The story is also very engaging. Online Multiplayer is a blast, my favorite mode is team slayer where two teams ,each with 4 players try to get the most kills. This is easily one of the most balanced games I've played to date. In 2014 it is still worth it and there a lot of players online on weekends.
    I love it. 10 out of 10.
  72. Dec 31, 2013
    Amazing first-person action and an excellent narrative, Halo 3 is an excellent game. There are several frustrating parts in the game that came of as time killers rather than proper missions.
  73. Dec 15, 2013
    It would be fascinating to know why other reviewers rate this title so highly, as the Single-Player is one of the worst in existence, the characters are uninteresting and easily forgettable and the load-time durations are simply a war crime. Halo 3's soundtrack, multiplayer and distinctive visual style prevent this title from simply being a polished turd. Multiplayer (including Forge Mode)It would be fascinating to know why other reviewers rate this title so highly, as the Single-Player is one of the worst in existence, the characters are uninteresting and easily forgettable and the load-time durations are simply a war crime. Halo 3's soundtrack, multiplayer and distinctive visual style prevent this title from simply being a polished turd. Multiplayer (including Forge Mode) is the only plausible reason to purchase this game for entertainment value because it earns its own merit and then some. The maps are varied and offer plenty of strategy and the use of vehicles are immensely entertaining.

Graphics 6/10 Although distinct in visual style, some of the level design does little to highlight it.
    Gameplay 6/10 Single player is atrocious, boring and forgettable but multiplayer is in a league of its own.
    Features 6/10 Removing the vacuous single player from the equation, Multiplayer has a gargantuan lasting appeal.

Overall: 4/10 Multiplayer retains the same high standards of previous entries but the single player is simply an offence in gaming.
  74. Nov 28, 2013
    man the game is now more than 6 years old but it still feels fresh. imho the best fps of the generation, killzone 2,3 and halo reach are awesome but halo 3 is just better
  75. Nov 24, 2013
    Halo 3 is a good game for Xbox 360, despite being an old game, from 2007, many people play it, and Campaign mode is nice, and multiplayer mode doesn't disappoint, with several different modes. This game, in my opinion, will still be cited by next years.
  76. Nov 19, 2013
    Halo 3 is a game set in the magical time of 2500 or around that time. This is game is okay. I've played better halo's I have to admit. Although it came out in 2008 it's still looks good. It's plays well and this was the first halo with forge. Forge is a great mode where you can spawn in things from the game. The multiplayeis rubbish and I hate the campaign but the game modes and forge isHalo 3 is a game set in the magical time of 2500 or around that time. This is game is okay. I've played better halo's I have to admit. Although it came out in 2008 it's still looks good. It's plays well and this was the first halo with forge. Forge is a great mode where you can spawn in things from the game. The multiplayeis rubbish and I hate the campaign but the game modes and forge is the only reason I play Halo anyway.

Overall
    -Bad Campaign
    -Bad Multiplayer
    -Amazing forge mode
    Score 72/100
  77. Nov 19, 2013
    Single Player/Multi Player (2/2)

(If the single player is better than the multiplayer, review this section as if it had no multplayer) (If the multiplayer is better than the multiplayer, review this section as if it had no single player) Gameplay (2/2) Visuals/Story (2/2) (If the visuals are better than the story, review this section as if it had no story) (If the story is
    Single Player/Multi Player (2/2)

Gameplay (2/2)

Visuals/Story (2/2)

Accessibility/Longevity (2/2)

Pricing (1/2)

Wildcard (0)

78. Nov 11, 2013
    Halo 3 is an amazing game that I love to come back to again & again to experience the fun campaign & extremely competetive, challenging, & fun multiplayer that I miss about multiplayer games.
  79. Nov 10, 2013
    Let me start off by saying, Halo 3 is well worth your money and your time. The story campaign is well done and you really feel connected to the characters, although the campaign is short (about 5-6 hours long) it's still worth your money just for that. The campaign also includes co-op just like all the previous Halo games and that's a bunch of fun. The multi-player is still as good asLet me start off by saying, Halo 3 is well worth your money and your time. The story campaign is well done and you really feel connected to the characters, although the campaign is short (about 5-6 hours long) it's still worth your money just for that. The campaign also includes co-op just like all the previous Halo games and that's a bunch of fun. The multi-player is still as good as ever, if not, better. New vehicles and new guns keep the game from becoming bland when compared to the previous games.

The multi-player will make you keep coming for more with the ranking system and the customisable armour for your player. There's a new mode called Forge which lets you edit maps and do some really cool stuff, unfortunately it is very limited but it's still fun to play with friends and create a racetrack every now and then.

The graphics are nice considering this games was released in 2007 and although they may not look the best now they still hold up pretty well. This games is a solid game, and it deserves all your money and time, buy it, I honestly can't think of any cons for this games apart from being a bit repetitive sometimes. Even if you don't have Xbox Live this game has split-screen or offline players and still let's you play everything Xbox Live members do, as long as you have a second controller and a buddy.

Seriously, buy this game right now.
  80. Nov 8, 2013
    Epic trilogies need epic and satisfying conclusions. That is exactly what you get with Halo 3. In my opinion this is the best Halo game of all time. Humanity with it's back against the wall is making one final effort to drive off the fractured covenant. Every battle is on a grand scale and you feel humanity's survival hanging in the balance. Equipment such as energy drains andEpic trilogies need epic and satisfying conclusions. That is exactly what you get with Halo 3. In my opinion this is the best Halo game of all time. Humanity with it's back against the wall is making one final effort to drive off the fractured covenant. Every battle is on a grand scale and you feel humanity's survival hanging in the balance. Equipment such as energy drains and deployable cover are a new mechanic. As always the weapons old and new are excellently balanced. This is one of my favorite games but in order to enjoy it to the fullest extent, I recommend that you play Halos 1 and 2 first. Expand
  81. Nov 7, 2013
    one of the best xbox 360 games out there this game is extremely well done and deffently worth checking out it is true to the halo name and I cant believe this game has gotten that many User reviews.
  82. Nov 6, 2013
    Best Halo game EVER created! You are NOT a true Halo fan if you do NOT love this game. You are doing yourself a favor if you buy this game! Go ahead and do it. Don't listen to the negative reviews, either. This game is so worth it. It brought machinima to its peak, it introduced us to Theater and Forge, and accompanied by that was an amazing Matchmaking system with a superb ranking system.Best Halo game EVER created! You are NOT a true Halo fan if you do NOT love this game. You are doing yourself a favor if you buy this game! Go ahead and do it. Don't listen to the negative reviews, either. This game is so worth it. It brought machinima to its peak, it introduced us to Theater and Forge, and accompanied by that was an amazing Matchmaking system with a superb ranking system. You just CANNOT not love this game! If you're reading and and don't have it, get Halo 3 now! Expand
  83. Nov 4, 2013
    Halo 3 is a true masterpiece. That's all that needs to be said. The gameplay is designed perfectly to match the style of landscape the game has, its graphics can outmatch almost all fps games made before 2012 (I'm looking at you CoD), and the music is beautifully composed and fits in perfectly with the gameplay. The multiplayer is based off of skill and requires a lot of time to get toHalo 3 is a true masterpiece. That's all that needs to be said. The gameplay is designed perfectly to match the style of landscape the game has, its graphics can outmatch almost all fps games made before 2012 (I'm looking at you CoD), and the music is beautifully composed and fits in perfectly with the gameplay. The multiplayer is based off of skill and requires a lot of time to get to understand the mechanics and ranking system (looking at CoD again). I think Halo 3 definitely deserves a 10 rating. Expand
  84. Oct 30, 2013
    Halo. An amazing series that millions love. But is this the fitting end? Yes. And a most definite one at that. Master Chief resumes his role as head ass kicker of the galaxy and he resumes it quite awesome-ly. The campaign is action packed and just feels right. The weapons are perfectly balanced, the aliens are fun to shoot, and vehicular combat is one helluva time. And say you feel likeHalo. An amazing series that millions love. But is this the fitting end? Yes. And a most definite one at that. Master Chief resumes his role as head ass kicker of the galaxy and he resumes it quite awesome-ly. The campaign is action packed and just feels right. The weapons are perfectly balanced, the aliens are fun to shoot, and vehicular combat is one helluva time. And say you feel like breaking some military laws. Screwing around with your marines is fun too, especially when they think you've gone AWOL in the barracks. The multiplayer is amazing and so in depth. Red vs. blue has never been this much fun as my customized, Mark V Spartan is silently taking down enemies with invisibility on High Ground, or flying a banshee on the Blood Gulch like Valhalla, or carrying an Elephant cargo vehicle across an all out desert war, or wanting to say so much more about this heart pounding multiplayer but can't even fit that much information into the tiny brain compared to the vast unimaginable HALO 3. The forge is a nice addition too and affects gameplay in however way you want it. You can put a weapon over there or a weapon over here. You can ands a BUILDING over right there. Whatever you can imagine, forge has it. Halo 3 is the ultimate package for anyone with a 360 and if you don't have it, you're either an eight year old, or the unhappiest man alive. Expand
  85. Oct 22, 2013
    um ótimo jogo que te leva a querer ver o que vai acontecer no final e quando chega no final você fica querendo que o jogo continue. Bom foi uma experiência muito boa e quero jogar com certeza o halo 4.
  86. Oct 10, 2013
    Halo 3 is simply one of the Xbox 360 greatest titles of all time. From the lengthy (in FPS terms) and emotionally compelling single-player to the most addictive multiplayer experiences I've had this console generation, Halo 3 is the epic conclusion to the Human-Covenant War and contains moments that will stick with you for a long time. Still plenty of people online to play with co-op is aHalo 3 is simply one of the Xbox 360 greatest titles of all time. From the lengthy (in FPS terms) and emotionally compelling single-player to the most addictive multiplayer experiences I've had this console generation, Halo 3 is the epic conclusion to the Human-Covenant War and contains moments that will stick with you for a long time. Still plenty of people online to play with co-op is a blast and Forge mode adds a fun Minecraft-esque building mode for you to design and create your own custom maps and game types. Halo 3 has so much to offer, and especially at the price it's going for right now there is no reason not to pick it up. Halo 3 is my favorite game of all time and if you're interested in FPS at all then I implore you to consider giving this remarkable title a try, you know, the one other person that hasn't lol Expand
  87. Sep 24, 2013
    Halo; Combat Evolved or Halo 2 are often considered the best halo games. Though they are fantastic games, the only things they have to offer that Halo 3 doesn't are the nostalgia, story (Excluding Halo 2) and possibly balancing with the enemies and weapons. Other than that, Halo 3 is pretty much superior in all ways. You can't argue that the multiplayer for the first two were better thanHalo; Combat Evolved or Halo 2 are often considered the best halo games. Though they are fantastic games, the only things they have to offer that Halo 3 doesn't are the nostalgia, story (Excluding Halo 2) and possibly balancing with the enemies and weapons. Other than that, Halo 3 is pretty much superior in all ways. You can't argue that the multiplayer for the first two were better than Halo 3's multiplayer. Balancing issues aside, Halo 3 has NUMEROUS multiplayer options like forge, custom game options, more weapons and customization, and most importantly, online multiplayer. While The first two may have had online multiplayer on the PC version, Halo 3 was more superior and more successful than both. Now, on the side or story, the story of the first two (Referring to opinion) could very well be much superior in terms of everything, but the story can't be the way you compare the two, since single-player wasn't exactly Halo 3's goal. While they put more effort into the story than, say Call of Duty, they weren't aiming for a story-game, but more of a multiplayer game.
    The main reason that people preferred Halo 1 or 2 over 3 is mostly due to nostalgia, which isn't something you should let review your games for you. You have to review the game for how good it is, not nostalgia or memories. And when you look at Halo 3 in that perspective, it is definitely better than the first two.
  88. Sep 12, 2013
    Halo 3 was a decent game but there were some issues that kept me from being fully immersed in the game. The most important was the lack of customizable button layout. Having controls that are different from other popular games only makes sense if it adds to the user experience. In the case of Halo 3 going against long established norms, it did not make sense. If you are going to haveHalo 3 was a decent game but there were some issues that kept me from being fully immersed in the game. The most important was the lack of customizable button layout. Having controls that are different from other popular games only makes sense if it adds to the user experience. In the case of Halo 3 going against long established norms, it did not make sense. If you are going to have controls that are particular to your game, at least have the decency to offer a custom option for those who do not see the brilliance in our scheme. If the controls hadn't been an issue, this game would rate higher. Expand
  89. ERB
    Sep 7, 2013
    Wow!For a 2007 game this game has unbelievable graphics!The game play is so awesome and I totally get it why it has a high score.I like the story but the only problem is it is short.But still for me this is a game that is so cool and awesome and also memorable.I like this game!
  90. Sep 5, 2013
    To this day, Halo 3 remains the franchise's best multiplayer experience. The single-player campaign is lengthy, hugely diverse and packed with memorable moments. I feel Halo 3 was as close to perfect as the series will ever get.
  91. Aug 31, 2013
    Single player, Solid game play. Multiplayer, leave it to the "click and twitch" crowd of adolescent 13-18 year old Red Bull laced kids. At this point, if you haven't played the other 2, don't start. The story isn't that compelling that you'll remember any major plot point.
  92. Aug 29, 2013
    Revolutionary online play featuring the most balanced weapons system possibly ever. The campaign can be both challenging and incredibly fun, with an appropriate difficulty for everybody along the way. Matched with an exhilarating storyline you can not go wrong with this purchase. Coming out in 2007, it's influence and overplay still hold up today. Custom games allow you to have endless funRevolutionary online play featuring the most balanced weapons system possibly ever. The campaign can be both challenging and incredibly fun, with an appropriate difficulty for everybody along the way. Matched with an exhilarating storyline you can not go wrong with this purchase. Coming out in 2007, it's influence and overplay still hold up today. Custom games allow you to have endless fun with friends and other gamers while selecting from countless map and game type variations that will leave you completely satisfied. The Forge mode is another asset that truly sets Halo 3 apart from other games. Taking any map, you can build structures, race tracks, mini games, etc. to play for yourself and the entire online community through your File share. The ranking system is also fantastic with the 'Highest Skill' aspect that will have you on the edge of your seat in almost every game with the risk of you either ranking up closer to 50, or going down. Playing the campaign and earning certain achievements also allows you to unlock to armour to alternate with your online character in which you can mix and match to your desire. (colours included). Overall, Halo 3 is an unbelievable game that caters to both the casual, hardcore and everywhere in between fans. This is a game that has so many possibilities and will NOT leave you disappointed. Expand
  93. Aug 29, 2013
    Similar to Halo 2 the campaign is average and while it wraps up the story the ending is still a cliff-hanger the graphics aren't that impressive and the story is not that good.
    But the Forge mode is really good but lets you create tons of maps for multiplayer and the Theater lets you record videos and take screenshots.
    The multiplayer is amazing there is a lot of maps,weapons and modes
    The multiplayer is amazing there is a lot of maps,weapons and modes this is why you play Halo 3
  94. Aug 4, 2013
    This was probably the most hyped game of all time, and it did not disappoint. It is in fact the most perfect game ever created (in my opinion). It has everything, a solid, enjoyable and satisfying conclusion to the Halo trilogy. The best Multiplayer that console had to offer as well as an addictive forge mode. As for the campaign I do not think it is as strong as the first or secondThis was probably the most hyped game of all time, and it did not disappoint. It is in fact the most perfect game ever created (in my opinion). It has everything, a solid, enjoyable and satisfying conclusion to the Halo trilogy. The best Multiplayer that console had to offer as well as an addictive forge mode. As for the campaign I do not think it is as strong as the first or second but that is not something to be ashamed of because Halo and Halo 2 had some of the best campaign's of all time.

I only have two criticisms of the game which has stopped it from being the best Halo ever and the best game on 360. There were only nine levels while Halo 2 had 14 and Halo had 10 solid ones. Finally, the game lacked to influence of Cortana because she was absent until the second last mission, I know this was part of the story but her and Chief is what makes Halo.

Other than that everything else about the game is perfect

95. Jul 23, 2013
    Amazing game, my fav from the Halo series! Of coarse it's overrated, its only the end to the amazing Halo trilogy, and its where I think they should have stopped making Halo, (No hatred towards Halo Wars and Halo Reach, I love those games!) Way better than Halo 4, and the Covenant troops, (Especially the grunts and the brutes.) Of coarse the Elites are funny and in my opinion, them joiningAmazing game, my fav from the Halo series! Of coarse it's overrated, its only the end to the amazing Halo trilogy, and its where I think they should have stopped making Halo, (No hatred towards Halo Wars and Halo Reach, I love those games!) Way better than Halo 4, and the Covenant troops, (Especially the grunts and the brutes.) Of coarse the Elites are funny and in my opinion, them joining the humans is a highlight of the game, as they are my fav species from Halo, (Aside from the Engineers.) This game is must have for all Xbox 360 owners. Expand
  96. Jul 5, 2013
    Hi, I do not really like this game because in my opinion is a cheap copy of unreal tournament, the only halo that is worth halo reach to rest all are cheap copies of unreal tournament.
  97. Jun 27, 2013
    Halo 3 is an all around good game. However, there are a few issues with it. For one thing, the FPS mechanics are very uninteresting. Other than a few cool guns, the game just doesn't have much else as far as mechanics go. Also, the story is really bland at times. It doesn't seem cohesive and fails to engage the player. The multiplayer, too, it a bit bland, feeling more like Halo 2 withHalo 3 is an all around good game. However, there are a few issues with it. For one thing, the FPS mechanics are very uninteresting. Other than a few cool guns, the game just doesn't have much else as far as mechanics go. Also, the story is really bland at times. It doesn't seem cohesive and fails to engage the player. The multiplayer, too, it a bit bland, feeling more like Halo 2 with better graphics. It's a good game, just a bit uninspired. I constantly hear that this game is the best in the series, however I'd have to disagree. To me, the original Halo will always be the best. Expand
  98. Jun 26, 2013
    Its just perfect idjfjjfjfjfjfjfnfjfjjfjhggghjjifrmekfkrjfnfkfnfkejfbgbvwgvvdhfjckflfpfoflfkwnqnwmcogorñxnxnfbfjejfjfjfbdbfbfhfjwjqksiqkqkskfofoficicoglgkgifufhejjwjealofbfnfjfrjgjfjfjfjfj
  99. Jun 25, 2013
    Excellent multiplayer and an interesting story should ultimately leave gamers satisfied with the tentative conclusion to one of gaming's most beloved franchises.
  100. Jun 24, 2013
    Wow. Probably my all time favorite video game.
    Wow. Probably my all time favorite video game.
    Campaign: The campaign has an amazing mixture of level design, enemies, character development, and weapons. The story and lore are both amazing. The trilogy really does end beautifully. It really tugs at your heartstrings. So if you like a good story, you will like this game. Of course the story isn't as good as say mass effect, but for an fps, it is amazing. The only complaint I have is the Marine AI. They're just plain stupid. (:
    Multiplayer: Multiplayer encompasses many things so im going to break it down into
    1. Matchmaking/CustomGames: Matchmaking and custom games in halo is so amazing. It can be for both the casual and hardcore. I cant describe the fun of getting a couple friends and going on matchmaking or just screwing around on custom games.
    2. Forge: Forge is amazing. It is basically a level designer. You can add vehicles, structures. weapons, etc. Or, you can just do crazy stuff like drop tanks on people's heads.

Halo 3 is such an amazing game. It has a great campaign, great multiplayer, and a really fun level designer. I'd recommend it to anyone.

1. It's the addition of the Forge level editor and the saved films that give the game an even longer set of legs, legs that will probably keep you running at full speed until Bungie figures out where, exactly, to go from here.
  2. Halo 3 is the best Xbox 360 game to date. The single-player campaign and storyline are both very strong, but it's Forge and the Saved Films features that will likely go down in history as Bungie's crowning achievements. They've basically taken everything great about the series and improved upon it in every way, then added some amazing new features that we'll be using for years to come.
    It's solid gameplay, immense replayability, online functionality and incredible production values will ensure its place in video game history, and it is, without a doubt, a satisfying and fulfilling close to the beloved trilogy[?].