6.9

1. Nov 17, 2012
    Halo 4 is an enjoyable experience everyone should take part in.

Campaign. 8 missions of good times. Don't want to spoil it for anyone, but it's definitely worth playing all the way through. More action scenes from the Chief's POV make it seem like you're doing it. Only complaint is Chief talks more in this installment.

Multiplayer. Insane. The maps are balanced and quite
    enjoyable. You can now have loadouts, meaning you can choose to start with an automatic or precision rifle from UNSC, Covenant, or Forerunner. Different armor abilities and perks make multiple possibilities so you can play Halo the way you want to.

Spartan Ops. Short, little missions you can play solo or with a friend. Only complaint is it's too easy as you have infinite lives, even on solo legendary. Luckily, 343 Industries is releasing new episodes which each contain 5 more missions.

Customization is better here than in Reach. You can change helmets, torso, shoulders, forearms, legs, and visor. Completing different challenges nets you a different variant of most of the armor so you can choose your favorite design. 343 Industries, you did an amazing job with Halo 4 and I'll be patiently waiting for the next installment.
  2. Nov 17, 2012
    worst halo game ever the online is way to easy no competition they have made it to much like call of duty unlocking guns and emblems i dont ever remember that on halo i got halos 1-4 and Reach is my favorite one and im a big halo fan im just mot feeling halo 4 the campaign was great but just got to repeative Bungie should have stayed with microsoft studios and made a great game 343 is trash to me. Expand
  3. Nov 19, 2012
    all the PS3 fans come here and put **** comments here that i am a halo fan but still this game is not good and blah blah grow up man please
    and if u do not like halo and u r not a fan of halo then please do not write in ur reiews that u are a halo fan because almost all halo love this game
  4. Nov 20, 2012
    The campaign overall is satisfying with occasional great moments that could only happen in a halo game. The covenant is still a fun challenge though on the other hand prometheans range from annoying to very irritating (when a knights shield is down and it teleports you will know what I mean). Multiplayer and Forge (map editor) is great (The forge system is very similar to Reach though) while Spartan ops is basically firefight with added objectives and plot. Overall a great game with plenty of modes and features. Expand
  5. Nov 20, 2012
    Well reason I gave a low rating was that this game felt like an alienation to actual Halo storyline. Not only did it greatly contradict the other storylines it just felt cluttered and jumbled. Honestly 343 should have spent a better time reviewing the storyline before it decided to adopt Halo as its new money baby. now they are just makeing the story for the money. It shows with lack of detail in the Covies and just the general graphics that are dulled by the immense glare on everything. [this was the first game i had turn down the brightness cause everything was TOO shiny]. By all means this is a great first person shooter game but in no way is this a great Halo. i personally will not be buying anymore Halos unless 343 can improve. Expand
  6. Nov 21, 2012
    Honestly, the best FPS in years. Near live action graphics, roaring gun sounds, immersive campaign and multiplayer with by far the best gameplay in the series. Keeps a typical Halo feel with a new edge. Even the skyboxes and masterful scores of music are done perfectly and are sure to turn heads. Oh, and did I mention that the greatest story on Xbox has been extended and even improved upon? The game is legit and will be around for years to come. Expand
  7. Nov 23, 2012
    Awesome game maybe can't reach the level of Bungie games but it on the right path.Good beginning 343.
  8. Dec 3, 2012
    There is a lot of positive stuff about this game but what really irritates me is this : WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY GOLD TO PLAY SPARTAN OPS OFFLINE!?! This mentality at M$ earns this game a 1/10. It's outright disgusting. Costco will be taking my game back. I am not paying 60 $ to HAVE to pay another membership just to play OFFLINE! If I want to play online I can do it for free on my PS3 or play for XBL Gold... but now you guys are going to start charging for play Spartan Ops offline?!? I MEAN WHAT THE HELL??? It's not like this mode was not playable solo or local splitscreen... it is! If you start requesting Gold for this there is no end to your greed. Keep your video game. If I want to play it I'll wait for a price drop I am not paying full price to be ripped like this. Gosh even MW2 and MW3 special ops were all playable splitscreen... Black Ops can even have local splitscreen / LAN matches!?! Seriously shame on you Micro$oft and 343. Expand
  9. Dec 24, 2012
    Always the same game. There are only 2 weapons, slow gameplay, same graphics level, boring game and overall bad done. Not recommended.
  10. Dec 3, 2012
    Regardless of the ubiquitous use of minute numerical values from overwhelmingly negative reviews let me state the absolute truth about this game. It is the best Halo title to date. However it is not without fault. Some textures are lacking in detail and some weapons like the "boltshot"
    are overpowered. The story however is compelling, epic and crisp. Despite its lack of a giant cast of
    characters. The game IS worth the money by all means and spartan ops is an enjoyable ride. HOWEVER spartan ops requires Xbox Live, unlike firefight which was great for parties with friends who did not own an Xbox 360 or Xbox Live. The online multiplayer is the most fun engagement in modern gaming but it lacks in certain game modes I enjoyed from Halos Reach and 3. Like grifball. By the time this is read however there could have already been an update for matchmaking which included these game modes and more. Expand
  11. Dec 1, 2012
    Am I reviewing the right game? I keep reading all these positive reviews and I have to wonder how many bong rips you'd have to take to get that perception of this game. Seems like the only thing going for it is the huge fan base that the other Halo games established. The story was cheesy, graphics left a lot to be desired and the online game play was so lacking that I'm not sure why they even bothered. About the only thing that came out of this game is now I know which of my friends like purple, cyan and pink. Thank God the new Black Ops is out and I get $40 for trading this in! Would have given it a 0 out of 10 but that is just ridiculous. Expand
  12. Dec 3, 2012
    This game's campaign is amazing, just like every other game in the Halo series. However the multiplayer really lacks anything new, there are weapon balancing issues, and there are only 10 maps playable at launch, only 4 of which are playable in Team Slayer (the most popular game type of the series). It kind of feels like they left out maps on purpose so that you would be more inclined to purchase their map packs. Expand
  13. Dec 20, 2012
    Possibly the greatest Halo game yet, not only does the campain provide an amazing gaming experience but the multiplayer is now much improved. Simply, if you are a Halo fan you need to buy this game. If you are not a Halo fan you also need to buy this game.
  14. Jan 4, 2013
    I've been a fan of HALO since the very first game (Still own every copy of it). HALO was the very first game i played on my old XBOX. And I fell in love with the game. And I've always looked forward to the next HALO game (except REACH, that game was meh)

I'm a huge fan of everything HALO, and I have to say I am NOT disappointed with HALO 4. It is everything I hoped for and more. The
    sounds/audio is amazing. And the voice acting is superb. Graphics are great for a Console Game. The plot/story is just how I imagined it would be after hours of speculation after Halo 3. And the forerunners look just great.

They did change the sound of several weapons and in my honest opinion. A lot of the sound even better now, and more ear-gasm-ing sounding. You know, they sound epic.

Level design is good, I love the environments and I found myself spending a lot of time looking around at different things. Love the attention to detail.

343 has done a great job, and I admit I was scared they would butcher the series. But they have not. They have give HALO new life, and I hope they will give me many more hours of fun to come.

Spartan Ops is a great addition to the game, I found it to be fun to play, especially with friends.

I did play a little of the Mutliplayer Aspect in HALO 3 and HALO REACH but I never got into it that much. I enjoyed it but it wasn't for me I suppose. But for those worried HALO 4's multiplayer is going to be vastly different. Fear not, it still feels like the good old HALO multiplayer. and it's even more fun now! I love it!

This is the first time I've really been playing HALO's multiplayer aspect and loving it A LOT. I never hated it, I liked it in the past. But it just didn't click for me that much. It does now. It feels just like I guess HALO 3 and REACH. But better, different. But in a good way. (No, it's not simplified. I still get my ass kicked as always) But I don't know. It feels like there's less BS with connections and such now. It runs more smoothly. I did spend a good couple of 100 hours playing REACH Multiplayer sure, I did enjoy it but it wasn't my thing for a while. I found it hard to get into. I suppose now that I know how it works, it was easier for me to get into HALO 4's multiplayer.

Either way, if you're a true HALO fan, you are going to love the campaign and the multiplayer.
  15. Dec 21, 2012
    Terrible. 343 killed Halo. Buy Halo 3 instead.
    If you are a long time Halo fan, you will hate this. It is just a casual noob fest that has been made too much like call of duty. They have removed all competitive elements and ruined the classic halo gameplay.
  16. Jan 1, 2013
    Para empezar para ser el primer juego de 343 industries es excelente, no obstante la ausencia de bungie deja un vació muy grande al juego en general .Visualmente cuesta trabajo creer que el xbox 360 es una consola del 2005 no es así ?. El juego es sin duda el mejor juego del 2012 no el mejor halo pero si es excelente. La campaña te atrapa en su argumento de principio a fin, ost increíble, multijugador impecable tanto el co op como el competitivo, y la IA vuelve tan feroz y tactica como antes. Es triste ver como ahí gente que se empeña en difamar tal vez el mejor juego de la xbox 360. Expand
  17. Jan 1, 2013
    Story-wise, Campaign was acceptable, but gameplay flopped. It felt more like work than fun, and it was incredibly repetitive with no real "WOW!" moments like the previous Halo games.

Multiplayer has changed. Old Halo fans such as myself would find it to play like Call of Duty. Custom classes? Perks? Kill streaks? Not the classic multiplayer that made Halo a big game in the first place.
    343i said that they would include a classic playlist. There is no such playlist. They said the classes would be balanced. They lied. Spartan Ops is terrible. All of the maps are multiplayer rip offs. Bad animations, pointless story, and just plain boring.

If you liked Halo for Custom Games and Forge, you will hate Halo 4. 343i took out many custom games options. You can barely edit the Flood gametype. You can't even change the Flood's weapons. This prevents probably 60% of the custom games that were made in Reach and Halo 3 from being made in Halo 4. If you want more info on the Halo 4 custom games situation, Check the following link: https://forums.halowaypoint.com//yaf_postst127421_This-is-completely-unacceptable--343.aspx

In closing, Halo 4 is a joke. 343i did not listen to the community. They gave their fans no room for input. Instead, they had their mind set on money, and made a Call of Duty clone. 343i does not deserve the Halo franchise. They do not deserve to make more Halo games.
  18. Feb 24, 2013
    huylo 4 is fakin shet mazefaka vatafack? Sak mai bols fack! Kelzon 3 iz way beter than zis no kideng. grafiks in zis is soooooooo fakin ugly and huyagli camon gays geim saks
  19. Feb 24, 2013
    I had high expectations for this game, as any fan of Halo would. However, quite a bit of those expectations went down the drain when I found out there was no theater for campaign. But, I got the game anyway. Started the campaign, liked the scenery and all that, but was still disappointed that I would not be able to take my traditional campaign scenery screenshots.
    But nonetheless, I
    played on...or until the game decided to freeze on me and return me to the main menu at a certain point in the second mission. So, after a bit of frustration with being unable to get it to work(even tried installing the game on my harddrive), I was forced to return the game for a new one. New disc worked after that certain point. Campaign gameplay was alright, IMO. BUT...the game decides to freeze on me again and return me to the main menu after Cortana reveals something about the Promethean Knights. Next two campaign missions don't work, but eight campaign mission did work...to a point. So, in essence, I couldn't enjoy the campaign because for some reason, it seems to have been incompatible with my XBox.
    Whatever. I said screw it, I'm still angry that I can't take screenshots in campaign, so never gonna play campaign anyway. Onto multiplayer.
    I really have no idea why 343 even bothered to rename Matchmaking to War Games, or Slayer to "INFINITY SLAYER!" Just seemed quite...nonsensical, if you ask me. Made no sense. Whatever.
    Multiplayer has been nerfed to ridiculously low levels. Now, beginners can play a game and go on par with MLG players(legit MLG players). I'm not even joking. The BR and DMR are rendered useless now that the AR is so overpowered. Not only that, but with custom loadouts, the DMR and BR are rendered even more useless as a result of the AR being the favorite choice among beginners. 3 hits from an AR will take your shields down halfway, compared to just a quarter in Reach and Halo 3.
    Pulse grenades...absolutely useless, because anyone and everyone can avoid the implosion before it detonates.
    Ordnance...worst thing they could have added to the game, because now anyone can get a superweapon at any given moment in the match. Or powerup at that, rather than having to wait until it spawns on the map, WHICH MAKES MUCH MORE SENSE. I mean, rather than having players wait to get a chance at one superweapon, 343 goes and gives players the opportunity to become juggernauts with their powerups at any given moment, or like most often it occurs, the opportunity to become absolute camping warriors with their Incinerator Cannon's.
    Shotgun has been nerfed as well. Sword lunging seems to been reduced to only two feet. Plasma grenades can completely miss you by a large distance, and then whip back and stick you in the back of the head, after you watch it fly harmlessly by you.
    343 stated that they would make matchmaking in this game JUST AS fun as Halo 3's matchmaking was...fattest lie ever told. They have not lived up to that expectation. They said they would deliver, and they delivered alright. They delivered the most incomplete game of the quarter century.
    Now, let's go onto Forge.
    343 said they were going to improve on Reach's Forge system and mechanics. The ONLY thing that they managed to implement was the useful magnets and delete palette options. That's it. Seems they spent TOO much time on those two functions to even give any attention to the forge mechanics. Atrocious forge mechanics. It is no longer possible to create a symmetrical map like you could in Reach. Not even with using the little unit nudging tool, or even magnets. And they got rid of the finite nudging you could do by zooming in while holding an object, and lightly tapping on the right or left analog sticks. That was perhaps 343's biggest mistake with Forge.
    Also, on the subject of symmetry, you can try to make a symmetrical map. Good luck trying to line up matching pieces together on opposite sides of the map. Take one side of a custom map for example. Now, keep building on until you reach the side that mirrors the spot where you started. Build a little further after that until you reach back where you started. Now, see if you can make the pieces fit together properly without having a gap between the last two pieces. Because that's how broken Forge is in this game.
    Basically, 343 promised to deliver us a fun and innovative new Forging system Halo 4. Not only did they not do that, but they seemed to have managed to take 3 MASSIVE steps back in the evolution of Forge. 343 ACTUALLY managed to make H4's Forge WORSE than Reach's forge. Hell, it's broken beyond hope.
    And those "Forge" maps they promised would make us all happy? Yeah...utter jokes. Can't even be compared to Forge World. No even close. That, and there's huge gaps in every maps textures.
    So, what did I do?
    I sold Halo 4.
    Best decision I ever made.
    Halo 4 worst game ever. And I'm a Halo fan.
  20. Mar 2, 2013
    Halo has always been one of my favorite game series always fun and exciting. If you are a Halo fan you have probably already pre-ordered the game or have already bought it great GAME JUST AS usual Halo's.
  21. Mar 6, 2013
    Visually, this game is amazing. In every other aspect, the game is severely lacking. From a frustratingly short campaign with a terrible QTE final boss to a multiplayer, this game just isn't the epic adventure 343 promised. I was so excited for this game and I loved what 343 did with Halo: CEA but this game is effectively raping a dead horse. I hope 343 will improve with 5, but it's better to assume that 5 as well as 6 will simply be half assed games designed to milk every cent out of an already dead series. One positive note I would like to make is that even though the campaign is short (it was about 6 hours for me) it was actually not that bad, but it has so little replay value that after I finished the campaign I just stopped playing it until my friend nagged me to do multiplayer with him. Spartan Ops was also pretty fun, but once again not the epic endeavor that 343 had us believe it would be, and it was mainly only fun because I played with a good friend. I would recommend renting it if you REALLY want to play it. Expand
  22. Nov 9, 2013
    I wrote a longer review for this game but it was deleted" I'm writing simply to warn others NOT to buy this game. Its an outrage that this is allowed to be released as a Halo 4 release when it's a sub subpar COD clone.
  23. Apr 28, 2013
    theres nothing i can say that hasn't been said already been said. the multi-player works flawlessly, you never have bull moments, ever. if you die its you're fault, not the games, as in for example gears of war.
  24. Apr 28, 2013
    343 has definitly taken care of microsofts baby.They followed bungies system and expanded on it to make it there own. The story is the best part of the game though by making smaller and more personal, this is cortonas story just as much as it is chiefs, and lets face it shes just as important as chief with out her chief wouldn't survive
  25. Jul 25, 2013
    I'm a bit late to review the game. But I was hyped for this game from the day it was announced to the day it launched. The multiplayer is unbalanced and disappointing. It's a CoD mirror. The population has died so fast. Spartan Ops is recycled regions of the campaign (for the most part.) It also has very cheesy and bad voice acting. Most of the custom games options were removed. Forge has no good maps. Campaign was the only good element. I don' recommend this game unless you're a campaign guy. Expand
  26. Jun 11, 2013
    Halo 4 is an awesome game. 343's first original attempt at creating a Halo game has succeeded. However the downsides are that they made flood too diluted compared to Halo: Reach and that Forge Maps don't have enough space.
    Concept: 8/10
    Graphics: 9/10
    Sound: 7/10
    Playability: 9/10
    Entertainment: 10/10
    Total Score: 9/10
  27. Jun 17, 2013
    I don't get the big whoopdy do about how this game is the same as the others, so is every CoD and Assassins creed game. This game takes what the old one does and recreates it with better graphics and a new story. Whilst the story isnt as good as the rest of the series, the multiplayer is fun and spartan ops is awesome. I just wish playstation fan boys would stop giving this game 0 out of 10 or 1 out of 10 Expand
  28. Jul 9, 2013
    Good for a generic FPS but bad for a halo title. Campaign was short and boring. Enemies are cheap and boring. Its only kinda fun at best. If you really want it get it cheap.
  29. Aug 5, 2013
    Halo 4, to start off with, looks amazing. It has, by far, some of the greatest graphics of all time, breaking the boundaries of human likeness. Even the in-game graphics look spectacular, feeling like cutscenes that never end. The gameplay is also really good; I really enjoyed the new helmet perspective that, like the graphics, really developed the atmosphere and world around me. The weapons weren't too overpowered, no-one had too much of an advantage and the multiplayer was a really fun experience, however, these were the only good prospects. Halo 4's campaign was just boring, basically just playing out as cutscene, rush of monsters, cutscene, rush of monsters. Because of this the story just wasn't engaging, and I spent most of my time killing the same things over and over again. The multiplayer mode was really unfair thanks to the new random-spawning, with people spawning right in the centre of an enemy base. Overall, Halo 4 was really disappointing thanks to the hype brought up by Microsoft, and it didn't live up to the expectations Halo 3 and Halo Reach brought to the table. The graphics and gameplay are the only things that rescued this game from an under-5 score and I really hope the next Halo game does a lot better. Expand
  30. Aug 19, 2013
    The story is quite good, it has stellar sound and looks, character development has increased tenfold over it's predecessors, and can be challenging due to decently smart AI. A little on the short side though.

The multiplayer is somewhat derivative and hectic by Halo standards, but stellar by any other measure. (No pun intended)

Verdict: Much better than Halo Reach, but this title
    doesn't live up match the glory days of Halo 3. Expand
  31. Aug 31, 2013
    The graphics looks beautiful, It is the best looking game on the Xbox 360. Thought I would mention that first.

However, I wasn't all that pleased with Halo 4, I've been a long time halo fan since Halo: CE. What made the games great was the cut scenes, the soundtrack, the characters and some of the most memorable levels but sadly I just felt Halo 4 did not offer any of that. I am aware
    343 is basically made up of former employee's of Bungie but it just did not feel like a Halo game just because of the things I mentioned. I just felt rather bored of playing through campaign, Nothing got me jumping out of seat when something happened.

For the multiplayer, I dislike it. Mainly because I feel that 343 had an obsession of trying to compete with Call of Duty and trying to bring in a new audience. I for one dislike perks, kill-streak awards and still get awarded even if you're terrible at the game. I just wish that it had the same classic halo style multiplayer that we all love such as Halo 2 or 3 where it was fun but yet challenging at the same time!

Overall, It's not a bad game but it's not that good, Just average. Old school Halo fans will most likely feel disappointed with it
  32. Oct 14, 2013
    Amazing game. Lots of hours expend in MP, outstanding campaign, and gorgeous. I don't imagine that's graphics on Xbox 360. Must have for 360's owners.
  33. Nov 14, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. So how did 343i do with Bungie's baby? Here are my thoughts... GENERAL GAMEPLAY: - The core gameplay (95% of the game) is the Halo you know and love. - There is a cool "getaway" sequence similar to the end of Halo:CE and Halo 3, but in a Ghost. - There are a few quicktime sequences that are rather underwhelming. They should have either been more polished (and fun) or turned into cutscenes.
    - The flying sequences are a major letdown (more below). ENEMIES: - Grunts and Jackals remain unchanged. - Elites don't seem as tough as Reach, but they're basically the same. - Hunters seem the same, but there are very few of them. I complained about this in Reach, and it hasn't improved in Halo 4. - Sadly, there are no Brutes, Drones, or Skirmishers. Also no Flood, but I'm actually okay with that.
    - The new enemies (Prometheans) are fun to fight and offer some nice, new variety.
    - No Scarabs or boss battles.... boo. WEAPONS: - There are a LOT of guns. Most of the old classics are back, along with some great additions. - No dual-wielding, but most of those guns have been replaced, so you don't really miss it. - Grenades feel a bit underpowered, but not to the point of being useless. ARMOR ABILITIES: - Good mix of old and new. The much-hated Armor Lock is, of course, gone. - Running is no longer an Armor Ability and is always available, which makes sense. VEHICLES: - The Ghost, Warthog, and Scorpion all feel familiar and control smoothly. - The Banshee doesn't feel as polished as previous games, but it's passable. - MAJOR LETDOWN #1: You finally get to fly the Pelican, and she feels great, for all of 2 minutes. It goes: fly straight towards marker, take out Phantoms with extreme ease, enter building, repeat. 343i made flying the Pelican about as fun as my morning commute to work. Lamest flying sequence in a Halo game until... - MAJOR LETDOWN #2: Remember the mission in Reach that put you in a dogfight in space? Imagine the polar opposite of how awesome that was, and you have the Broadsword sequence in the final mission. The first part of this mess is basically an obstacle course where you die repeatedly until you figure it out and get the timing right. The second part involves flying around in a circle and shooting at stationary markers that you can't tell if you're doing any damage to. Eventually you figure out which angle to hit them from and this miserable sequence ends. This is officially my least favorite thing ever put in a Halo game. - The Mantis is a cool addition. The animation makes it seem rickety, but it ends up being pretty powerful. I knew they'd put a mech in Halo sooner or later... - No Falcon or Hornet... boo. VISUALS: - Amazing. This is the best Halo has ever looked. - MINOR GRIPE: The HUD is a bit difficult to read. It's a very light shade of blue, and can clash against some of the bright glowing environments (which there are a lot of). AUDIO
    - The music is very good, but doesn't surpass the classic O'Donnell score. It excels during the dark, emotional moments, but lacks the grand-sounding pieces that made for "big moments" in the original trilogy. - The sound effects are terrific. Guns sound amazing (even the Beam Rifle finally!). - The voice-acting is top-notch. STORY:
    - It goes in a new, interesting direction. - Dialogue is great. However, there are a few scenes between the Chief and Cortana that do feel a bit... uncomfortable. - I liked the ending, but it didn't really feel like the beginning of a new trilogy... CONCLUSION: Overall, Halo 4 is a great shooter. I liked it, but I'm not sure I loved it. It gets almost all of the big things right. The core gameplay is solid. Visuals, audio, and story are all top-notch. But the little things are what keep Halo 4 from perfection. Some suggestions for improvement next time: 1. The HUD should be crisp and easy to read. 2. Quicktime sequences should be polished, changed into cutscenes, or removed entirely. 3. Give me bigger stuff to kill. More Hunters, and maybe a Scarab or something similar. A boss battle or two wouldn't hurt. Also consider bringing back older enemy classes. 4. Bring back the Pelican, but give me a full-fledged mission! 5. If you're going to put me in space, give me a dogfight and leave out the obstacle courses.
  34. Nov 12, 2012
    Let me just say this up front, Halo 4 is not a perfect 10 but neither is it a bad game either. While the game does have some flaws (AI noticeably dumber, new weapons are pretty meh, doesn't do anything really new) it still hits all the notes you would expect from a Halo game and it does them competently. The visuals are absolutely amazing especially on an aging console, and while not as iconic or bombastic as something from Marty O'Donnell the new music here fits well and doesn't distract from the action. Four player co-op for the campaign and new Spartan Ops episodes are still a blast, and getting a party together for some MP action is great way to spend an evening.

It doesn't do anything to break the mold or take any chances, but there is something to be said for not fixing what isn't broken either. Halo 4 isn't going to change your mind if you weren't a fan already. But for fans or those on the fence then I would certainly recommend at least giving a try. For a new studio trying to fill some pretty big shoes 343 certainly could have done a whole lot worse :3
  35. Nov 27, 2012
    OK, to be honest I've never been a Halo fan. These titles are the most generic FPS you can play. However, for the MP value alone, they are worth it. Like COD, you can ALWAYS find a good MP scene online. You will ALWAYS find an arsenal of weapons and maps that will keep you addicted to your online gaming fix like nothing else. Outstanding online gameplay.
  36. Dec 11, 2012
    I hate halo! but this one is a lot of fun for online play. I normally can't stand generic FPS shooters but let's be honest: where are you going to find the best online play? Halo pretty much...
  37. Nov 14, 2012
    Play the game, figure it out.
    This game is worth all the pennies that make up the $60 price tag.
    Polished as hell. Very fluid controls. I'm saying this all about the game when I normally don't like the Halo series much at all since the first one.
    I bought this game because my friend was getting it as well, and I was pleasantly surprised when I found out it was nothing like Halo Reach
    and is great! Expand
  38. Dec 4, 2012
    It's a great game but nothing like the previous excluding Halo Wars and Halo 3: ODST. the graphics kill in this game. It's go **** beautiful to look at. I really like this game and want to love it but there's not the same feeling as with the other 4
  39. Nov 13, 2012
    Best Single Player and Multilayer Experience ever. This game deserves Game Of The Year by every means. Great Graphics, Physics, Engine, Controls and Sound. Really engaging story and the Cenamatics are so close to the real game play. I was blown away. Give this game a try before judging. Much better than Halo 3.
  40. Jun 27, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game was pure gold until the end. The graphics, gameplay, sound, pacing, all fantastic. But then the plot got weirder and weirder. It didn't really pass the logic test. Chief not firing the missile into the ship made no sense. Why drive it in? Having to play all all CoD: Modern Warfare style where you have limited crawl controls and have to click one button that you've never had to click before to plant a grenade on the Didact felt cheesey. Cortana magically saving Chief from a NUDET...come on. The gamma rays would be out in microseconds, and how does she magically make a hardlight shield anyways? Reminds me way too much of Mass Effect 3's space magic that we rebelled against and got DLC for. Unlike ME3 though which was the last of the series, I have hope that 343 will explain this stuff and not leave us hanging which is why I still give this a 90%. Expand
  41. Nov 22, 2012
    This game is over hyped in my honest opinion. Not that its a bad game, its a solid shooter polished to a high sheen over numerous iterations since the original Halo: Combat Evolved. The problem for me is that it doesn't do anything new, fresh or innovative. Even the levels feel like they have been stripped directly from previous Halo games. Really, its just the same old Halo FPS many of us used to love, but are perhaps a bit jaded on and tired of now. The story doesn't do anything to reinvigorate the universe either. IMO some mysteries like the "who are the Forerunner?" should never have been answered. Pulling back the curtain reveals how poor the writers really are at science fiction. It really is an unnecessary addition to the universe and has thoroughly put me off the Halo universe for a lifetime. I'm not even interested in seeing a Halo movie after playing poor man Star Wars wannabe.... The levels and missions are some of the most linear and narrow of the entire Halo series, even worse than some of the horrendous railway tracks of Halo 2. There is only one level that stood out as expansive, choice driven mission, but after replaying it a second time that is actually a clever illusion and in fact you are kept on the critical path just as strictly as the first level. Add to that the inability to play the coop mode 'Spartan Ops' offline without a gold membership and the fact they only made the single player, secret terminal videos accessible via Halo Waypoint (which also requires a paid for membership - fu M$!) and unless your a Halo multiplayer PvP junky, then there isn't much to enjoy here. Expand
  42. May 27, 2013
    I was fully satisfied when I finally played this Game. I'm not gonna lie, I was completely 'Halo-ed' out after Halo 3 and Reach and I was just losing interest in Halo, with plans to get a PS4!

Halo 4 is the game that not only regained my faith in the series, but also made choose to buy an XBOX One instead of a PS4. That's an accomplishment that 343 Industries should pat themselves on
    the back for. Looking forward to Halo 5! Expand
  43. Nov 12, 2012
    Fantastic, absolutly fantastic. A little short or the campaign side but it ozzes so much replayility it makes up for it. The worse part of this game is that it makes the wait for Halo 5 that much harder.
  44. Nov 19, 2012
    Halo 4 is the best Halo game in the whole entire series,I
    I wasn't completely sure how 343 studios would make this game,and I must admit I had my doubts.but after finally breaking down and going out to buy the limited edition halo 4 console,I must say it was worth ever penny.Halo 4 is a ground breaking marvel in the fps genre.and 343 studios did an amazing job with halo 4.the graphics are
    some of the best yet on the xbox 360 (I wasn't sure if I was seeing animated charecters or live real people on cutscenes)everything was sooo realistic and even the sound track and gun fire explosions sound FANTASTIC.343 in my opinion beat Bungie's halo hands down.great job 343 I won't doubt you again in the halo franchise.TAKE THAT CALL OF DUTY, YOU'VE BEEN SERVED. Expand
  45. Nov 12, 2012
    This game is not bad at all. No it does not revolutionize gaming but for a 60 dollar price point you will not be disappointed. Graphics are one of the best on this aging console and the music and sound is spectacular. The campaign is a bit on the short side but the multiplater really shines and you will be playing it for hours on end especially if you have a good group of friends to play with.
  46. Dec 7, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'd give this game an 8.75. There are a few overly cheesy sequences in the campaign (I'm sorry, but Cortana just hasn't been the same since HALO: CE) and I personally don't find all the loadouts useful. The music isn't quite as spectacular as the originals, but hey, blame that on US Trademark law, not 343. NOW, THE GOOD! With the exception of the cheesy speed bumps, the campaign is spectacular. As Reach was the eulogy of a planet and a squad, Halo 4 is the final moments of gaming's oddest love story. The relationship between Chief and Cortana is utterly amazing, as is their debate about the humanity of one another. The multiplayer is just, wow. 343 really did a great job at making the weapons balanced (and sounding awesome!) and the maps unique. But more than anything, the ability to subtlely change the loadouts (no power or weapon is overpowered), the addition of ordinance drops, and creating randomized power weapons on the map keeps the focus on the battle, not on finding the best uber-weapon to blow things sky-high. Having logged over 100 hours into multiplayer, I still find myself going back for more, something I NEVER do with multiplayer. Seriously, try out Big Team Battle; it's like no other BTB in Halo. Spartan Ops is also decent, but where Firefight was slightly better than multiplayer in Reach, War Games is far and above more engaging than SO. Oh, and I love how they have a rotating game mode each week; it's nice way to keep things fresh. So, no game is perfect, and Halo 4 has it's flaws. But as a test of skill and teamwork that stays fresh, it shines like few others. Expand
  47. Aug 1, 2013
    I love this game! This is by far the best Halo in the series!!! Multiplayer is well balanced and plays incredibly. I love the Halo story and this was a great part of it. The graphics were AMAZING for the 360!!!! and Spartan Ops is pretty cool too!
  48. Dec 7, 2012
    I liked Halo 1, didn't care for Halo 2 and Halo 3 was okay. It's actually really refreshing to see a shooter other than Call of Duty. The game is leagues ahead of any CoD game, and what I don't understand is that the overall "Professional" scores of this game is on par with Black Ops 2??? That doesn't make any sense considering CoD has been the same since MW2. Halo 4 is in somewhat the same as Halo 3 was but also a lot different. I liked how they gave MC more character development which was lacking in the previous titles. The game looks great, the sounds are awesome, the multiplayer is even better than the previous games, even though it's always been pretty good anyways. If you give this game a low score but give any Call of Duty game a good score then there's something wrong with you. Even Halo 1 still has more things you can do with than any CoD game. I own a PS3 and a 360 and I usually play my PS3 more, but I have to give this game my recommendation, it's probably the only shooter that is different than the others and is one of the best to date IMO. Keep in mind that this franchaise is what made the original Xbox and without this franchaise we might not even have the Xbox 360 today :) Expand
  49. Dec 12, 2012
    the first time you play the game, all you can say is: awesome. Not only the addicted shooting and action throughout the game, but also the very memorable story, and plus, the almost-unbeatable outstanding visual. You cannot help but falling in the famous multiplayer of the game. Without a doubt this game is the killer application, a genuine signature game of XBOX 360. If you intend to buy a XBOX just for playing Halo 4, it's a good reason Expand
  50. Nov 26, 2012
    This game was fantastic I honestly don't know what a lot of people are complaining about. 343 industries have done a great job, and yes there may be some stuff in there that COD has but gaming evolves and if you don't evolve with it you'll end up with the dinosaurs.
  51. Nov 21, 2012
    Halo 4 is not a perfect game. There are moments where it does outshine many other shooters like the previous Halos, but those moments [as grand and big as some as they are] do get bogged down in the details. To start, the campaign, is great, but not a game changer. The campaign has a really good story [not the best one in the series] and is more emotional and honest. Getting to know the Chief a little better and seeing the problems with Cortana and the such makes for a compelling story, intertwined with the Prometheans and the such. However, the threat itself was not... well, I felt they were tying to go for a more 'YOU MUST SAVE THE WORLD' sort of story and while yes, thats what Halo is about [like in 1 - 3], it was a dramatic battle to a countdown that really felt out of place [coming from the previous campaigns]. Still, it was a good story and everything was paced quite well. Prometheans are a fun lot to fight and the little variations in the missions left everything in a nice bow. Side Note: they couldve put skulls in the game that you actually had to hunt down, would have been nice but whatever. Also, the fact you cant view terminals in game but have to log into waypoint really doesnt motivate me to go looking for those. Easter eggs were one reason to replay the campaign and this campaign just doesnt motivate me.
    MULTIPLAYER: The multiplayer is faster and has a ton of replayability but I feel they could have tweaked the damage output of a few weapons a bit more carefully since a few are nerfed while others are OP. Zombies is a joke however, thats honestly something they screwed up. overall, a fun game, worth the money if youre a Halo fan.
  52. Dec 13, 2012
    Halo 4, one of the biggest disappointments of this year. Don't let that box fool you, you're not buy a Halo game. You're buying a game that not only does it rid itself of all content and quality that made Halo what it is they adopt elements from every other generic FPS on the market. Neither do they even attempt to make sure these elements work in the preexisting game play. Horrible maps from Certain Affinity, an asinine weapons sandbox that is littered with 1 hit kill weapons, no competitive ranking system to make sure a beginner doesn't fight against someone of same skill but someone who is light years ahead of them. Custom games setting basically got nurtured, almost 6 weeks after it's release and they still don't have file browsing up. It's a box of broken gameplay elements, false promises, poor execution. The only thing this game has been is one continuous promotion of Mountain Dew and Doritos. Expand
  53. Nov 9, 2012
    I have played every single Halo game - except for Halo Wars. And, I was quite worried about Halo 4, not being sure what to expect from 343 vs. Bungie. Overall, this is very solid game. I should note that this is a review for the single-player campaign as I'm not much of multiplayer gamer. As far as the campaign goes, I have some mixed feelings. As far as story goes, the story for this outing is second only to the original halo as far as I'm concerned. I wasn't in love with some of the Cortana voicework, but I greatly enjoyed the story, the direction of the plot, and the focus on the relationship between MC and Cortana. To me the story was the highlight of this release. The graphics in some areas are also pretty incredible. In other areas - especially when inside the forerunner structures they were very meh. Kind of a Tron:Legacy feeling - but it was hard to distinguish see some barriers in the final flying section. Gameplay was solid - but somewhat of a let down. The gameplay is very solid - no complaints with regard to controls or how the guns handle, etc. But, I was really hoping for more innovation - especially in the forerunner weapons. But, basically, they fell into the standard tropes - I.e. Sniper Riffle, Assault Rifle, Shotgun. There were a couple of weapons that I didn't try - but pretty much we've seen and used them all before. While there were some interesting and new set pieces in this game - I'm hoping they will bring more innovation to the next two games. Yes, the Knights require a slightly different strategy - but overall you are doing the same thing from previous games. Fight grunts, fight elites, fight hunters, rinse/repeat. Changing out the flood for the forerunner units doesn't add that much for. Finally, I do wish the campaign was longer. I know I'm in the minority - but I want more for my $60 than 7-10 hours. I've little interest in multi-player and don't think its unreasonable to expect a 15-20 hour single-player campaign for a AAA title. That being said - I do not regret paying full price for this game. While I had hoped for more innovation - this is definitely the second best game in the series. Not as mind-blowing as the original Halo - but I'm not sure if that is possible. This game was a very strong effort - and will definitely bring me back for the next chapter. I wished for a stronger sense of "new & different" from this release, but otherwise I would recommend this game. Its a very worthy addition to the Halo franchise - and 343 really deserves to be successful. They put a lot of love and hard work, and it shows in the story that will keep you playing until the end. Expand
  54. Dec 25, 2012
    Single player wise, Halo 4 fails to deliver. I always appreciated the backstory for the Halo universe, and the concept of humanity being on the edge of extinction due to war with the technologically superior Covenant. Now, you're not only fighting Covenant for some reason but also Forerunner dudes (all 3 types) because of... a prophecy? I guess? I don't know. Apparently if I had read Glasslands it would have made more sense, but I'm not going to buy a book just to get the backstory for an FPS. The campaign is at times pretty, until you set foot into a Forerunner level and your eyes are burned from their sockets by the overwhelming blue/orange contrast. Fortunately single player ends fairly quickly, but not before you see Cortana become Master Chief's crazy emo girlfriend. The multiplayer manages to make up for the single player, and ironically seems to be where 343 focused most of the story. You've got the standard Halo MP fare, with a few modes that have been more fleshed out. The biggest addition is Spartan Ops, which replaces Firefight from previous titles. It's pretty decent on it's own, and plays a bit like the standalone co-op missions found in other titles like BF3, though the loss of Firefight does kind of suck. Maybe it'll be re-introduced? We can always hope. Anyway Halo 4 is a solid game if you're looking for just MP stuff, but I'm a bit worried about the direction 343 is taking the storyline. Expand
  55. Nov 13, 2012
    Halo 4 isn't Halo... it's something new, and as hard as it is to say, it's something better. 343 brought Halo into the current generation of modern shooters without copping out and making a CoD clone. Halo 4 is still, at it's core, a pure shooters, without much digression due to loadouts, perks and so on. While all those things now exist in Halo 4, they have very little affect on the gameplay and all the little mechanics, functions and systems developed by players throughout the years, the systems and algorithms to winning matches, still exist and prevail over loadout specification in Halo 4. Every fan of Halo and gaming in general can and should appreciate this game. But that is matchmaking alone. The narrative and gameplay in the campaign and spartan Ops has been completely rebooted for this generation. Players always know the story and what is going on, without having it hammered into their skull with a gravity hammer. The art direction, dialogue and overall scheme of things are a great work of art and the way the story goes between campaign and Spartan Ops have completely opened up the universe for infinite possibilities within the universe. This game is the second coming of Master Chief and of Halo as a whole. long live 343. Expand
  56. Jan 14, 2013
    This is my Halo 3 review. THE BEST Halo game i have played so far. Campaign AWESOME. Multiplayer AMAZING. Forge INCREDIBLE. Theater BRILLIANT. Easy 10 in my mind and a lot of others. HALO FTW!

This is my Halo 4 review.

This game sucks. 343 took out the good and added crap. I have written enough negative stuff about this game on Halo Waypoint so i'm not about to write a whole
    paragraph on here. 5/10 Expand
  57. Dec 1, 2012
    Combat - Cleanest and most balanced yet with countless ways to play effectively even online. Whatever gun loadout you choose and power up you can always be effective
    Story - Pulled me back into the Halo universe and gives you A LOT of information and story content in a short time period and if you don't know the lore and have not watched some of the content on Waypoint or the in game
    terminals than you might get lost pretty easily.
    Enemies - Unique combat in all game types makes it fun and on legendary forces you to be the perfect soldier
    Spartan Ops - Special mention because two reasons the first the cinematic is addicting I find myself anticipating it as much as I would my favourite TV series. However the missions can be generic.
    War games - Very well done good maps overall great new game types but I do miss big team objective.
    Forge - Very well done and can't wait to see what people can create!
  58. Nov 17, 2012
    Opening:
    )most of my comments are based on the multiplayer, as I have not played the campaign through yet). I could, for some reason, simply never 'get into' the Halo franchise. I wanted too, believe me. It had everything I want in a game; Sci-fi story, sweet armor, awesome guns, but something just didn't stick for me. Now, with Halo 4, I have realized the genius behind this franchise.
    The controls are so simple, anyone could play it; and if that's the case, then why was I always getting pwn'd in multiplayer so horribly? Halo 4 takes skill, where as other shooters do not. This game is about getting headshots, not just about getting a shot off sooner than someone else (who chances are has a faster connection than you). While this isn't the most fun game I've ever played, it is a wonderful change of pace from what I'm used to.

Pros:
    - The graphics look better than any other Halo game before it. Textures look and FEEL great.
    - It's simple. There aren't any over complex menus or settings here, but there is enough depth in customization and unlocks to keep you coming back for more.
    - Halo Waypoint is awesome. I can check real time data at halowaypoint.com for my stats (Time played, games won/loss, most used weapon, kill/death ratio, etc.) across not only Halo 4, but the whole franchise...for FREE.
    - Winability: Yes, I just made that word up, but it applies well. If you take your time in matches and play right, rarely will you get worked over so much to the extent that you need to rage quit every match for half your afternoon/evening. This seems to be a much more fair and realistic game than other online shooters. I never find myself asking "How did i just get killed? This is BS!". When I die, I know it wasn't someone "hacking".

Cons:
    - Having not played previous Halo games, there is a bit of a learning curve to catch up to the rest of the community in terms of skill. This however, could be viewed as a plus however, since it may extend the playability with some hard work and dedication.
    - The weapon variation for multiplayer could be greater. There is a minimal amount of weapons to initially choose from and most of the others are available only as power ups mid-match. This also, could be a positive though, as it most likely keeps the player base fairly neutral in terms of unfair advantages between the n00bs and higher level players.

Overall, I am enjoying Halo 4 and looking forward to playing it for quite some time. This game is definitely worth purchasing.
  59. Jun 16, 2013
    I was actually surprised at how much I enjoyed this game, the single player campaign that is. After the two previous titles, Reach and ODST, I didn't have any hope. But the game was amazing, great story, beautiful music. Multiplayer was a complete joke. Gigantic, ill conceived levels. The same boring mechanics, with played hoping about like idiots, over powered weapons. Halo multiplayer has been a complete waste of time for the casual gamer since Halo 3, favoring the preteen with nothing to do but spend hours a day playing the game. Only SWAT mode is any fun. But if you are going to play SWAT mode, then why bother with Halo in the first place as there are much better FPS you can play. Definitely pick this up used for the Single player. Expand
  60. Nov 14, 2012
    What is happening?Why would someone in perfect mental health, give a note below 8 for Halo 4? HOW? As a site is able to give a 2 for it? I do not know what's happening ... But I know that I give a 10 because that's what he deserves, if it were possible, i would give a 11 for Halo 4, because was way beyond my expectations, the best graphics I've ever seen are in it, this it the best story i've ever seen in a game, a competitive multiplayer and addictive are in it, finally, there are no perfect games, but this one borders on perfection. Expand
  61. Nov 27, 2012
    At first i was unsure about purchasing this game because of the many negative and few positive User reviews i've seen, but after watching gameplay i decided that Halo 4 was for me. After playing almost entirely through the campaign and over 5 hours of online multiplayer, i can certainly say that 343 Studios has succeeded in the creation of such a memorable and time consuming game. The campaign brought back the master chief in the the most epic fashion possible. The campaign is very fun and quite a challenge at times as well, it creates a perfect balance of challenge, gameplay, and story to generate what seems to be the most memorable of all the Halo campaigns. The multiplayer is fantastic, unlocking weapons, armor, and emblems is only half the game, but working towards unlocking these things gives a great sense of achievement, the multiplayer makes me feel like i'm playing the Halo we all love and remember, it makes me forget about how much i disliked Halo: Reach, and gives me that fantastic feeling that previous Halo titles have always given me. I have complete respect for 343 studios for being able to replicate and improve the Halo universe, and for that i give them props. If you have yet to find a great FPS, look no further, Halo 4 is here. Expand
  62. Nov 13, 2012
    Best Halo to date. The lighting is amazing, Animation looks incredible. New characters, new weapons, new everything. 343 has done the best job they could do given the circumstances. Can't wait to see where they go with the franchise next.
  63. Nov 8, 2012
    The game is incredible in every way, has an impeccable soundtrack, spectacular graphics and an extremely addictive multiplayer.

Halo 4 can overcome even the supreme REACH HALF LIFE 2, for fans of HALO, is a must for game lovers of FPS, and still gets the crown along with the classics QUAKE, HALF LIFE 2 and DOOM.
  64. Dec 15, 2012
    Halo 4 by 343 Studios is an attempt to win a race that began with a little outfit named Bungie. If nothing else, this title stands as the last solid breath of the XBOX 360- a final burst of energy from a console on its last leg. Morbid as that may seem, the result is a milestone for both the 360 and the Halo franchise as a whole. It doesn
  65. Nov 7, 2012
    The critics seemed to fall head over heels over this game; the fact of the matter is that it is a GOOD game, but not a GREAT one. I feel that it is a 'safe' sequel, one that doesn't deviate from anybody's expectations. Here lies the problem, FPS has evolved exponentially in the last couple of years. Sure, HALO 4 has the best graphics since UNCHARTED 3, but heck, it's no different from COD with its scripted events, and fast paced gun play. If you want innovation, try DISHONORED instead. Still a good buy though; but don't expect anything more. Expand
  66. Nov 20, 2012
    HALO 4 has a great emotionally charged new campaign with one of the most popular heroes in gaming. I couldn't play the multiplayer mode because of the lack of hard drive space but the campaign is very solid, challenging, and never frustrating unlike black ops 2. Halo 4 gets a 10 just for the campaign alone. I just wish I could have played multiplayer. Halo 4 is my third favorite game this year behind Mass Effect 3 and Borderlands 2. Expand
  67. Dec 2, 2012
    Ignoring all the people who didn't even give this game a chance, this game is incredible. Best campaign since Combat Evolved, it really had me invested and the ending was both brilliant and saddening at the same time. The graphics are absolutely stellar, one of the best looking games I've ever played on Xbox 360. the multiplayer is great as always, and 343 has finally integrated a ranking system that makes a lot more since than the previous Halos. The only thing that brought the game down in my opinion was the short length of the campaign (which almost has to be forgiven, since the campaign is amazing) and the new Spartan Ops integration falls flat. It's not nearly as replayable as Firefight, and is just kind of boring. Overall incredible game, don't let the negative reviews sway you in any way, the ignorance of people on this site should be looked down upon, this game is amazing and soiling it with scores of one and zero are just idiotic and juvenile. Play this game, I promise you won't regret it. Expand
  68. Nov 16, 2012
    This is a tough game to review because there are so many different elements to it so it really depends on perspective and priority. I'll explain. There are essentially three parts of the game, the campaign, the Spartan Ops, and the multiplayer. If I were to great them separately, I would have to give the campaign an 8, the Spartan Ops a 4, and the multiplayer a 5. The Campaign has great plot and character development, which I love. The dynamic between Chief and Cortana is fascinating and is what moves the story along. However, it's ridiculously short, the gameplay is very fluid but repetitive and full of busy work, the enemy weaponry is scaled horribly, the AI is pathetic, and the ending is anti-climactic. The Spartan Ops has absolutely no story whatsoever and isn't at all what 343 made it sound like. As for the multiplayer, 343 ruined this experience. They essentially copied CoD in every way they could, which is also something they did with the ending of the campaign. All of that being said, I am more of a single player gamer so I can't judge each element of the game equally. The campaign takes priority. Expand
  69. Nov 11, 2012
    The campaign is great and the story is finally back on track from that debacle that was "Reach". Spartan Ops is interesting and it's cool to see the story of the universe expand past campaign.......

The reason why the score is so low is because the Multi-Player is "Turrible"... It is the worst bastardization of a solid franchise i have ever seen. The game copies so many other games that
    it no longer feels like Halo. The maps are poorly laid out with poor spacial referencing for callouts. The small number of maps is appalling. The whole multiplayer experience is inconsistent with all the random weapon spawns, ordinance drops, and all the random variables and "perks" that the games are loaded with. The entire game could be great if they would just make classic playlists.... Personally it feels like a Beta, with 4 maps to choose from in any playlist and weapons that are polished but need some work on balance. The game feels noobie and too much like COD.... Expand
  70. j06
    Nov 17, 2012
    This game does it all! real voice acting and actors check it's just fun the campaign is pretty long (9-10 hours max) and it has a great story plus multiplayer PLUS i have an excuse to drink moutain dew and eat doritos while playing a kick a== game heck YEAH!!
  71. Aug 14, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I am a huge Halo fan and read all the books, collect everything, etc. As much as I want to give this a score of 10/10 I'm afraid Halo 1 is the only one that lives up to that but this comes close. I don't know why there is a lot of hate on this game as they finally gave me the same feeling i had in 2001 when i first landed on Halo and experienced seeing the ring and the vast ocean of the planet. When you land on the Forunner world it gives you that same feeling and it's breathtaking. The game mechanics felt more in line iwth Halo 2 which is fine because in my opinion that was the best of the Halo series game mechanics. The action is fast and there is such a wide range a variety in weapons and enemies. The new forunner enemies are a lot of fun and the forunner guns are a blast. The scattershot makes the shotgun not as cool compared to it. The multiplayer is fantastic, you still get the armor abilities that reach game but to an imporvement. To be honest i am not a fan of armor abilites and enjoy the weapon control of the previous Halo's but what can you do.... Anyways the multiplayer is the funnest i have experienced since 2, it's fast pace again and not as slow as 3 and Reach.

What i disliked most about the game was the ending (SPOILERS) boss that was hyped up for several books and even in the Halo waypoint videos just dies in a manner that makes the player feel disengaged on the last mission because you actually don't do anyhting to fight him except a few QTE Really 343...?
    Also the Spartan Ops is weak and Firefight would have been a better choice unless the random missions could actually be made with the same quality of the campaign.
  72. Aug 30, 2013
    Classic Halo game. Shooting and aiming is well balanced and I really enjoyed the story, but it did get a bit long in the tooth near the end. Maybe I was just getting tired and wanted to finish. LOL
  73. Mar 30, 2013
    (after watching Halo 4 Postmortem on gamespot) This is just a big insult to any long time Halo fan. I don't know why I bought H4. I played for less than 7 hours. It's a disgrace. And what made Halo amazing was not only the campaign, but how accessible the multiplayer is. No one talked about how "difficult" mp was (even though there was no online). Halo mp became a success was because you can play it casually or if you really wanted to play serious, you can get to the meat and bones of the game by learning power weapons timing, grenade tossing techniques, spawns, and all that make an FPS an FPS.

Same thing applies with 2 and 3.

But now... this whole ordnance drop and default sprint makes the game only accessible for casual play. All that strafing and timing and positioning doesn't matter. Sprint doesn't fit in the Halo games because unlike other games you don't die in 3 bullets to the toe. The kill time doesn't mix with sprint.

screw you 343... SCREW YOU.
  74. Dec 11, 2012
    Only playing for the campaign, no time for online...
    It's a beautifully presented game. Guns are awesome. Incredible SFX.
    Gameplay is smooth, involving, flow is flawless. Not much thinking involved, no emotion. Pure reaction, exhilaration. Fine by me.
    The sci-fi world and story is daft, and incomprehensible next to the sleek and involving sic-fi of Binary Domain. As a videogame fan and
    Halo agnostic, I enjoyed this game a lot though. Expand
  75. Nov 17, 2012
    Halo is back. The multiplayer is fantastic that is welcoming after that awful taste that Reach left. everything feels super balanced, the new class set up does not mess up halo. The only complaints I have for multiplayer are the armor abilities are back and perks. The single player wasn't there best or there worst, but is still entertaining. Spartan ops is uninteresting and I will most likely not play anymore of it. Wish they brought in firefight, the ODST one, not the reach one. Expand
  76. Nov 19, 2012
    Campaign: Good story and great graphics, but lacking in storytelling - no sense of emergency from the gameplay and quick-telling of the story, and the score wasn't up to the task. Essentially, a huge weakness was its quick-windedness. Multiplayer: Great weapon and ability diversity, but loadouts and ordinance drops make this game harshly unbalanced (and very difficult to balance from a developer's perspective). Character customization is awesome, as are the challenges and experience leveling up, but the small rotations of maps for each gametype via matchmaking make playing redundant quick. And the lack of individual gametype leveling makes for some unbalanced opponent and ally skills. Overall: I don't see the "343 making Halo their own" here. They took the basics of Halo, and threw in everything that people have liked in the CoD (and copycats) games. We've seen one of the more original shooters become one of the copycats. Now we're left with Team Fortress 2, Mass Effect, and Gears of War as the only viable unique 'shooter' experiences. Expand
  77. Nov 23, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. 343 Industries did an amazing job with Halo 4. I was quite intrigued by the campaign story line, which I felt was just as good as the original Halo, if not better. It's graphics and cinematics are stunning! Although, I'm a little divided on the multiplayer design, especially when playing online. It doesn't quite fit in compared with other Halo releases. I don't like the new ranking system, and the need to purchase abilities such as Jetpack and Hologram. I was also very disappointed they killed off Cortana in the campaign, although I somewhat feel this is part of a twist, moving the story into Halo 5. Overall, such an awesome game. Expand
  78. Nov 25, 2012
    Overall a strong entry into the series (6.5/10). Regarding the campaign: Definitely a significant improvement over Halo: Reach as you simply do not sit back and fight wave after wave of enemies. Harkens back to Halo CE to me, but without the sense of exploration and wonder. Here you actually make forward progress most of the time. Problem is that if you go off the beaten path you'll die quickly from the astounding increase in enemies and return far back as checkpoints aren't common. The covenant enemies are interesting and fun to fight as always but the new Promethean foes lack interesting characters and often stick to certain areas until you attack. There's also only 3 different types. Furthermore you're going to find yourself using mostly their weapons exclusively as there is no way you'll have ammo otherwise (get used to the lightrifle). Next, I felt the design and gameplay were decent, though it mostly revolves around moving from one button to the next to advance the story. Speaking of which... the story is weak. Very weak. And very difficult to understand if you have only played the games. It's just... strange. I felt the story in the previous 4 main games were good but this one was just kinda dumb and odd. I like the Chief but his relationship with the computer, Cortana, was weird and this new "threat"/ backstory (not explained in game at all though everyone seems to know it in the game) is dumb. This is obviously just my opinion......................... Regarding multiplayer: This is Halo 4's strong suit and will give it staying power. It's a strong experience with solid gameplay and options. Lots of character customization. Not much else to say. It's fun though still, imo, is not as good a Halo 2............................................. Regarding graphics and sound: graphics are fantastic. Best I've seen on xbox. The sound for some guns is great such as the DMR and sniper rifle. However on others it is totally horrendous such as the battle rifle............................... So overall a 6.5 as the campaign was an improvement but the lack of exploration/wonderment feeling, design mostly involving moving from one waypoint marker to the next, CG cutscenes used extensively, and the very weird, weak story really took away from the potential. The multiplayer is strong but I don't think it'll be something I keep going back to like Halo 2, a game I still find extremely satisfying. Personally recommend a rent. Expand
  79. Apr 2, 2014
    After playing the 6 previous Halo games not even the return of iconic Master Chief can save this tired out series. All the stale generic action sequences you have seen time and time again in Halo and other FPS sadly have resurfaced in Halo 4. All the previous Halo games had a clarity about them. Unfortunately Halo 4 was nothing more than a convoluted jumbled mess in the storytelling department. A failure in both the action and story they should of left the Chief on ice after Halo 3 if this all "343 kerching" have to offer, meh. Expand
  80. Dec 6, 2012
    Im not an extreme die-hard halo fanboy, though I have played all the games, and I don't like CoD, so please try not to expect an overly biased review. The graphics here are undeniably beautiful, some of the best on the xbox, especially the lighting, absolutely gorgeous. The Campaign is long and engaging, my first play through on normal took me roughly 8-11 hours, which is pretty damn long for a campaign in a modern FPS. Its nice to see a company putting proper thought into a good quality campaign these days, **** multiplayer is turning into a virus for FPS games. Though one major gripe I do have is the ending, I won't spoil it but it makes little sense, though it still is extremely sad. The multiplayer is definitely my biggest complaint, there are plenty of balancing issues, especially with those double XP mother **** who are all probably level 190s by now. The next problem is the loadouts, and the commendations, the loadouts is way too CoD like for me, and it ruins what I wanted this game to be, a traditional halo game similar to halo 3 or 2. If loadouts were completely irradicated, my major complaint would be wiped away. Next is commendations, its too much just to get one piece of armor, **** trillion splatters to get a green visor!? No thanks. I love the new specializations, the armor looks unique, the concept gives gameplay more depth, and its a much more awesome reward than being reverted back to level 1 and just getting the title of "Prestige." The sound design is marvelous, beautifully orchestrated music and amazing weapon sound effects, as in that's exactly what you expect that gun to sound like. If that wasn't enough we have spartan ops, weekly episodes of 5 missions, along with amazingly well done cinematics and superb voice acting, FOR FREE. And if THAT wasn't enough, they are constantly adding new modes to online multiplayer, and updating the game all the time, truly a devoted company. Overall I suggest anyone reading this review to go out and buy this game NOW. Expand
  81. Dec 15, 2012
    There are very few games these days that change a genre, that provide new light and inspire everyone in the gaming industry, halo 4... ISN'T one of those games. It's sad that since halo 3 the halo series has become another generic yearly sequel, much like the previously excellent Assassins creed series and Call of Duty. I used to enjoy Xbox, this reminds me of how much I despise it now. I seriously thought this would be a change, all the reviewers were saying so. Of course not. Are we PS3 "fanboys" [I think you mean PLAYERS] envious? Of course not! I've just been down my electronic store and sold my Xbox. I used to like both, but this game proves how much money these people at microsoft get! Spoiler alert, the ending is another halo 2 ending! It's about as well made as
    Cortana: Oh no what are you gonna do chief?
    Cheif: I'll kill them all... tomorrow. Halo 5 comes out september 20th 2013 while stocks last.
    I don't understand why people would enjoy this game, especially with the convoluted canon! Also the fans are evil but it's not exactly 343's fault. Overall:

Graphics 9.0 One of the few things this game gets right.

Story 4.9
    Brilliant... if you read the entire wiki. Gameplay: 2.7 Generic at the best of times, downright awful at the worst.
  82. Nov 13, 2012
    I didn't expect to like this game so much. I love it how all of the trolls on here who are not really Halo fans have given the game 474 negative reviews. Good job guys, you had no sway over sales of the game. Regardless, I am having a lot of fun with this one. Reach and ODST were lame compared. The multiplayer in this title is as frenetic as Halo 3 with the fun gametypes of Halo 2. If you are a Halo fan, pick this up. Expand
  83. Nov 17, 2012
    Great game as any of the other halos. If you are a fan of the franchise you won't be disappointed. Campaign is a bit short but Spartan ops compensates. I won't recommend for people who never played any of the games before specially Halo3. Many of the plots and Cortana story in special would be confusing for newbies. I recommend watching machinima forward unto dawn before playing as well. As for the gfx and audio its just beautiful. IMO its the best looking game in the market atm plus they really nailed it with awesome new audio effects and soundtrack. Expand
  84. Nov 12, 2012
    I am here to tell the truth about halo 4 and that it is not a 9 or a 10, BUT it is not a 4 or a 5. It is a 7.5 and NOT GOTY. It is good game but a disappointment.for all the hype and all the reviews saying its the best game ever, most of it is lies but it is a improvement on Halo 3 and Reach. There is no middle ground in the war of fanboys vs haters I could not find a honest review about (from Machinima with it 10/10 to Quarter to Three with it 2/10) so here's my honest about the game. It is a good game don't get me wrong but it a short 4 to 5 hours campaign with a interesting story but its kinda boring and cliche at times and is full of repetitive tasks like push these three buttons over and over again. 343 had added some emotions to master chief to give him more of a human role. The most disappointing part of the game is that there is only three new enemys,a dog robot,a new alien cyborg, and a UAV thing. I would like to have seen more types of enemy but nope. The multiplayer is fun, better the Reach and halo 3. it has killstreaks, Perks and Loadouts but that's where the similarities to Call of duty stop so the halo fanboy and Call of duty fanboys can stop fight. the has co op in campaign and a new mode which replaces firefight (why do that?) called spartan ops (OK one more Call of duty similarity), The graphics are great, amazing for a xbox. so in all it a good game which i recommend for a fun, great multiplayer and ok story but it is overhyped. i like the halo series i think the young fanbase may annoy you but thank you 343 for the mute all button. Expand
  85. Nov 9, 2012
    If you loved Halo Combat evolved, then loved Halo 2, then loved Halo 3, though Halo Reach was hot garbage....I am so sorry you will not like Halo 4. As far as the campaign goes it is standard halo with a little more backtracking than I would like however the multiplayer is just a mess. want to mute that annoying kid screaming into your headphone, no longer is it easy like halo 3, you have to do finger yoga to mute someone and play at the same time. Tired of getting beat by the guys who are 5 levels above you...sorry there is no unranked playlist and your rank only goes up not down so eventually you will be playing at a level that is just no fun. I had the same emblem for YEARS and YEARS in halo now....well maybe I will unlock it someday. Like zombie rule #32 enjoy the little things. Well 343 forgot all the little things and tried to steal as much as they could from COD. :( I gave a 5 because the audio and video is very polished and high quality. Halo 3 would be a 9/10. Expand
  86. Nov 13, 2012
    Its a very good, with an interesting story and really encaptulates the relationship between Master Chief and Cortana, which gives it much needed humanity, with its striking visuals, it makes this one of the best looking games out there. However, as much I enjoyed this game, I found the game rather short and no innovation and the final "boss" wasn't exactly much of a fight and rather one dimensional, but, you should really go find the Terminals, cause they flesh the villain more and his motivations which is why I don't understand it wasn't implemented in the first place, regardless that I said the story was interesting, this was poor judgement to not include this information for the villain. Anyway the game is worth checking out but I do think this is going to divide the fan base, I noticed a few COD elements in there but it didn't bother me Expand
  87. Nov 23, 2012
    So after many spin-offs on Halo we finally got a 4th. Now the graphics are alot more impressive than the other Halos but the gameplay has not changed and the storyline I mean why did a fourth one have to come out so now we have a Quadrilogy and then probably a 5th and a 6th and a 7th, but in the end I will say that Halo 4 is the best Halo since Halo 3 and probably the best FPS game of the year.
  88. Nov 9, 2012
    This is a decent game. If you've never played any Halo games, or are a Call of Duty fan, go ahead and pick this up. However; if you're a Halo fan and you haven't bought this yet, DON'T DO IT. I was very excited to see 343 pick up where Bungie left off, hoping they could add their own flavor and fun to it. There are a few new features that are cool: the aesthetics of the game are great, the shield perk and the jetstrafe perk are pretty cool, the ability to make your hologram teabag is downright genius, players can join games in progress, custom armor is pretty cool. These features, though, do not outweigh the negatives that this game brings. Firstly: Cortana, what the hell? Previously, she was a likable character who was smart and sometimes would provide useful info or witty remarks. She is now a stereotypical damsel in distress who looks like a naked 14 year-old girl. Secondly, the campaign is very generic. It was cool to go to a new planet with a new enemy, but those enemies are incredibly BORING. I played on Legendary, and you literally just shoot, hide, repeat against the enemies. They aim well and hit hard, but have no tactical reasoning and they seem to be leashed to about 100ft of their spawn. Lastly, and worst of all, is the multiplayer. I hoped and hoped and hoped that the game would not turn into Call of Duty: Spartans, but it did. I don't mind borrowing good elements from other games, but 343 brought in what seems like EVERY Call of Duty element they could. 'Press X to respawn instantly,' 'Here's a killstreak drop,' 'Here's a kill-cam,' 'Here are some perks,' 'Spawn with any weapon you want,' 'Here's a killcam,' 'Here's lots of QTEs in campaign.' Multiplayer has no sense of balance with all the perks, ordinance drops (which are weapon/overshield drops rewarded after a random number of kills). There are no longer weapon spawns across the map, just 2-3 'weapon nodes' which spawn random power weapons intermittently.
    I was really looking forward to 343 taking their own spin on Halo, but the sad reality is that it's just a CoD clone in a Halo disguise. I'll say it again: this is not a bad game, but I can only give it a 5 because, to me personally, it took the Halo series too far in the WRONG direction. As much as it saddens me, I'll probably take it back for a refund today.
  89. Nov 12, 2012
    My first Halo game was Halo 3: ODST. I first played I when a friend came over and showed it to me. I was astounded. I had heard Halo was good, but not this good. Since then I've played Wars, Reach, and the Anniversary Edition. I have to say the best out of those three was Reach. With its stellar campaign and it's chaotic multiplayer, I thought Halo 4 would have a hard time beating it. I was wrong, very, very wrong. Halo 4 exceeds all expectations and shatters my idea of a good game. It combines the most emotional story of the Halo series, the best graphics that have been seen to this very day, and exciting new changes to multiplayer, to create the best Halo game that I have ever played, heck the best game I've played to date, which Borderlands 2 had the honor of being before. You hear this a lot, but Halo 4 is really Cortana's story. You see, after 7 years an AI becomes rampant. It's been 8. When an AI becomes Rampant, it literally thinks itself to death. So you can imagine how Cortana feels. Your main mission, throughout the story is to get Cortana to Dr. Halsey so she can be fixed. This goes hand-in-hand with defeating the Didact and getting Infinity off of Requeim. The Promethean enemies are so much fun to fight. I wonder how I stood fighting these Covenant after fighting the Prometheans. The new enemies are tactically smart, and aren't anything like the Covenant. For spoiler related reasons, I will move onto the robust, new multiplayer. Multiplayer is less vehicle based, and more gun based since the guns are now so much more badass. Each gun has brand new sounds, and some of them look different, too. I love the new sound of the Assault Rifle. Now with all these new Promethean weapons, that are extremely powerful and fun to use, I never use vehicles, and this is coming from a person who loved to drive vehicles. Instead of choosing large, expansive maps, like I would in Reach, I choose small, close up maps. I hated the guns and loved the vehicles, Halo 4 flipped that around, and it's a very good thing. Now there are Loadouts, which include Primary, and Secondary Weapons, Grenades, and Abilities. Their are plenty new weapons, both Promethean and UNSC to make the formula feel newer. Now there are more Abilities than ever before. The Run ability has been disabled, instead you can run by simply pressing on the joystick. The Armor Lock is gone, too. In fact, the only ones that they still have is Jetpack, invisibility, and the ability in which you make a duplicate. The new multiplayer is a refreshing new turn for the franchise. This game looks stunning. It feels stunning. Everything about this game is stunning. From its emotional story, to it's groundbreaking multiplayer, Halo 4 is what I dreamt what Halo should be. Looking back at ODST again, I feel like, what was great, is now archaic. 343i has accomplished something no other company could, even Bungie. Expand
  90. Nov 12, 2012
    Got it as a gift and it's garbage. It's Halo: Reach COD-ified. Plenty of bugs (Certain maps aren't appearing in cycle, for one), short story, boring missions abound. I would return it if I could. It stings even worse knowing how far one of my favorite game series has fallen.

Why not instead of trying to grab fanbases of CoD and Halo, you just make an original and intuitive f*cking game?
  91. Mar 21, 2013
    343 has proved that they can create a product just as good as Bungie's time spent with Halo. However, it's important to address the certain factors that hold this back from being and outstanding title. The campaign is shorter compared to most Halo game's and there are very few moments throughout the experience that can be considered as memorable. I will say that the story and the overall atmosphere of the planet requiem save it from being a forgettable campaign. Spartan Ops could of also been a welcomed addition if it wasn't for the use of repeated environments. When you are trying to tell a story over the use of a competitive multiplayer map (Ragnarok) it doesn't really work. The fmc cutscenes are impressing to watch, but the whole experience suffers due to doing the same trivial objectives such as pressing three buttons to open a door or clear a room of enemies. Multiplayer is a mixed bag. On one hand you get great additions such as Haven and Adrift but majority of the maps suffer from similar design, they are either too massive or are either a giant circle (Longbow, Exile, Meltdown, Wreckage, Complex). The overall product is good, but it certainly isn't game of the year material or deserving of a 10/10. Expand
  92. Nov 14, 2012
    The Halo franchise is certainly in safe hands with 343. The gameplay is varied, fluid and engaging. The narrative, while somewhat convoluted, was mostly captivating. Most importantly though, the game respects your time. Absolute brilliant release!
  93. Nov 13, 2012
    Overall it's a REALLY NICE GAME; however, it's not without its flaws. One being a lack of a classical mode (as I personally hate how everyone and their mothers can grab a heavy weapon), and the other the over-powered binary rifle (something they've believed to be fine if you can see the laser light from the weapon). Yet I'm surprised by the hatred being spewed by some saying it's based off of "Modern Warfare". Do you actually believe each game is original? That they all start with new and innovative ideas? Games follow ideas from other successful games and no real game is original, so honestly, people need to calm down. The graphics are good, the gun audio is amazing, and the vehicles have a nice sound to them, Spartan ops adds more to a fairly short Campaign. Get this game, you will not be dissapointed Expand
  94. Nov 10, 2012
    Halo needs to stay halo. It obvious doesn't work when COD and other fps features are put into it. 343 should know that reach was no received well with the core fan base but yet they took it further. This new game has no identity. It is in the middle of halo and other fps' and it just doesn't play well.

The campaign is very short. It is the shortest campaign of any halo game. Can easily
    beat the game on heroic in 5 hours which is unacceptable for this series. Every mission has been ripped from other halo games which shows no creativity. Example being the flying falcon mission from reach, only this time its a pelican you fly. The mission plays exactly the same just with a new coat of paint. Also each mission has you pushing a button 3 or 4 times.

Multiplayer is very unbalanced and is already being hacked by players with aim bot. The game requires no skill anymore. You no longer have to be good to rank up, as everybody will rank up just for playing. The game promotes the player who shoots first most of the time. WIth the glorious aim assist and the big hit boxes this game requires little to no skill.

Unfortunately halo is on its death bad. While trying to broaden the audience, the developers have lost what has made halo a cultural phenomenon. Unless they fix this the series will die out.
  95. Nov 30, 2012
    All I can say about Halo 4 is that it is probably the best game I have ever played. The story is amazing, multiplayer is SEXY as hell and the Spartan Ops mode is juicy. I can never get enough of this game. If you are not a fan of Halo or have never played a Halo game, I don't care. Get this game. It's worth every penny. Hell its worth more than its retail price! 343i, thank you for this wonderful game and I can't wait for the next installment! Expand
  96. Nov 8, 2012
    This is coming from somebone who has played Halo since 2002 heres the pros and cons. PROS Amazing graphics that get better as you progress through the campaign. Brilliant sound design and musical score. Addictive gameplay. The series is in safe hands. Great story and voice acting. CONS The xbox 360 is starting to show its age (No fault of 343!) No control of audio mix No firefight The multiplayer should aim for 60fps + More player count in slayer in Halo 5 next gen (This is due to the aging 360 again)

All in all its a great game and im suprised just how good! worth your money.
  97. Nov 7, 2012
    The game has definitely taken a turn, but that doesn't mean that it's been driven into the ground. The improvements in sound and visuals are incredible and alone should be recognized for greatness. Everything is as fresh as can be. But, what I think bothers most people is the change in mechanics and more importantly, the change in developers. True, many elements have been taken from to Call of Duty. However, the core of the game is still Halo and these guys aren't stupid. They know Halo. An incorporated sprint and perks won't destroy the game. It's just something new and different. I'll be honest and say that it'd be nice to see some Halo 2 type of gameplay, again. Guns, vehicles, melee and that's it. But Halo 4 is not Halo 2. And the easiest way to understand that it's not Halo 2 is to observe the cover of the game case. It reads Halo 4. These advancements in gameplay are meant to broaden the horizon of possibilities. The elements set forth into this title may seem clunky and unoriginal, but please do us all a favor; be optimistic.Don't be like many of the butt-hurt die-hard players who will go on to say that 343 killed the series and that their childhood has been utterly devastated. The game that we all love is still there, but the Halo Hipsters refuse to recognize it. It's a fun playthrough with a compelling story and a solid multiplayer. Buy it. Expand
  98. Nov 7, 2012
    I give this game 1 point, because it has the name Halo on it. Other than that, it doesn't live up to it's predecesors, let alone, makes for a good game on it's own. I hate to say this, but Halo is dead, my friends.
  99. Nov 7, 2012
    well here we go. look at that dichotomy of scores! anytime you have something this partisan, you can bet the haters have other reasons to hate - I don't dare speculate at this point.

Halo 4 is wonderful in most regards. Graphics, stunning. Sound, amazing. Story, very good. Gameplay, just right... note that point. Yes, it feels more like Halo CE than the others, and I like that.
    Let's get to the roots here people, and enjoy what makes this game great. That said - there are enough improvements to keep it interesting and fresh. Only dislike - too many of the ideas already used by COD and BATTLEFIELD type games for the multiplayer. Lame. But still fun.
    Laters... and don't listen to the haters. THIS IS A GREAT GAME
  100. Nov 7, 2012
    I don't think this game deserves a 10. I don't think it deserves a 0. I think if you chose either, your view is invalid. Pretty much all of these user reviews sadden me. You know what? Looking at all these user reviews, we don't deserve good games. We don't deserve developers working tirelessly to provide us with an entertaining experience. Not when we can't even be thankful for the effort, regardless of if we like or dislike the game. Not everyone that can write is a critic. I'll ask you to think before you write your user review, because I think that's the least that the people who made this game deserve. Expand
  101. Nov 13, 2012
    I purchased Halo 4 mainly for the story. I've played and own all the games, and read many of the books so to me the biggest point of the game was the storyline. Thankfully, the story was great! As has been stated in other reviews, lots of character development and intense moments between Master Chief and Cortana. The gameplay was good as well, but felt very similar to previous Halo games (not necessarily a bad thing.) A few cool new weapons and abilities as well as the returning "veterans." I had a few minor gripes with some of the changes, like the updated Covenant for example, but that is totally a personal complaint and nothing major. Overall, a fun game which takes proven game mechanics with some small adjustments and puts it with an intriguing story line. I'd say a must buy for fans of the Halo series in general, and maybe a try before you buy for everyone else. Collapse

1. Dec 17, 2012