Halo 4 Xbox 360

7.0

1. Jul 28, 2017
    Uno de los juegos mas importantes del catalogo de Xbox 360, gráficamente es el juego que mas le saca provecho a su Hardware, jugablemente es una delicia y a pesar de no tener una historia como los anteriores si hace que quieras llegar al final, a pesar de que este no es un reto en lo mas minimo.
    Es uno de los juegos mas Infravalorados del catalogo de X360, tal vez no sea el mejor de la saga pero cumple con lo que promete otorgándonos una buena campaña, nuevos enemigos, nuevos vehículos, nuevas armas y una buena campaña con excelentes graficos.
  2. Apr 25, 2017
    A lot of people hate this game and i really don't see why. It seems like a solid halo game to me, and i have enjoyed it since its release. Specifically i like the longer range combat and greater focus on vehicles, which was a nice change for the series. And this game is just about as good as it gets for graphics on the xbox 360. My only gripes are the connection issues and sometimes theA lot of people hate this game and i really don't see why. It seems like a solid halo game to me, and i have enjoyed it since its release. Specifically i like the longer range combat and greater focus on vehicles, which was a nice change for the series. And this game is just about as good as it gets for graphics on the xbox 360. My only gripes are the connection issues and sometimes the player-base is annoying, consisting mainly of annoying under-13s. Expand
  3. Mar 26, 2017
    The most fantastic online shooter I've ever played. The introductions of loadouts and more customization made this a fantastic game to play online with friends sitting on the couch with you. Such a shame Halo 5 got rid of split-screen online.
  4. Aug 19, 2016
    This is the best playing halo from 1 to 4 including osdt and reach, you can sprint, you have more heapons a really nice story, awesome graphics even for these days standards. And a very good multplayer. The best halo so far.
  5. Jul 4, 2016
    I was very surprised in how much I would love this game. The single player steals the show as it shows a story not about master chief, but cortanas. The stronger bond that develops between the two is something the original trilogy did, but not as much. The story itself though works in everyway, except you have to know a few things from the expanded lore. The multiplayer is pretty good. TheI was very surprised in how much I would love this game. The single player steals the show as it shows a story not about master chief, but cortanas. The stronger bond that develops between the two is something the original trilogy did, but not as much. The story itself though works in everyway, except you have to know a few things from the expanded lore. The multiplayer is pretty good. The reason why people didn't like it because it had a few cod perks in it, which is a bit annoying, but something I got over of. And the new Spartan ops mode is fun to play with freinds, but it loses replayibility after you beat the story. Overall, halo 4 is honestly my favourite game in the series. Expand
  6. Jun 29, 2016
    Short summary: 343 took Halo to a new level. I'm fan since Halo CE on original XBox from 2001 and I love what 343 created new for the next trilogy. Love the new campaign such as the multiplayer, which is in my opinion the best FPS MP on Xbox 360 I've ever played. Really great job!
  7. May 13, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Halo 4, what an incredible game, so underrated because of how it changed everything that was great about the first 3, but maybe that's a good thing, maybe the halo franchise needed that kind of change to make it incredible. First of all, the graphics are stunning, some of the best graphics I have ever seen of the Xbox 360. Secondly, the story is really good, because instead of focusing on the covenant race trying to destroy the halo rings, it focuses on Cortana's (Master Chief's AI companion) story, along with a new threat that appears called the promethean race. The gameplay of Halo 4 is better than ever with incredible new gun sounds along with new guns and perks. Finally, there the multiplayer, the multiplayer is incredible with tons of new game modes, but whats new in the multiplayer is the amount of customization. Everything from armour skins, weapons and emblems. Overall halo 4 is stunning, its my best game ever and its an incredible entry to the series. Expand
  8. May 1, 2016
    I like the story and how the added the forerunner as the enemy but the ending of the game was super stupid I hate the boss fight it took my very 1st try to beat the dud.I love the multiplayer but the living dead or flood did not feel as fun as halo reach living dead.The spartan ops I liked how it added more too the story .
  9. Mar 24, 2016
    This is best Xbox 360 execlusive . This is amazing game . Amazyng storyline , very very good gameplay and this game one of best of 2012 . Halo 4 better than Halo reach . This is best Halo game with Halo 2 in my opinion . Halo 4 one of bestselling Xbox 360 game .
  10. Feb 24, 2016
    esse jogo foi o melhor jogo fps que já joguei até hoje. o jogo tem tudo de bom: ótima história, boa jogabilidade, ótima trilha sonora, bons gráficos e um ótimo multiplayer. esse jogo da pra salvar com os amigos, poucos jogos da pra fazer isso, e esse é um dos poucos jogos de fps que da pra fazer isso. esse é o mestre dos jogos fps.
  11. Jan 14, 2016
    Pretty much what you'd expect from another Halo game. If you liked Halo 3 and Halo Reach and all the other games, you'll enjoy this one. If you weren't a fan of the others this won't do anything to change your view.
  12. Dec 4, 2015
    343 da continuidade a majestosa obra de arte criada pela Bungie. A campanha do jogo foi aproveitadora pra mim, joguei pela primeira vez em nível normal, e agora iniciei a campanha em nível "Lendário" a forma como a 343 deu continuação ao que era pra ser uma trilogia não agradou muito os fãs, para alguns o game tem uma campanha "chata" e para outros foi satisfatório. O multiplayer bem mais343 da continuidade a majestosa obra de arte criada pela Bungie. A campanha do jogo foi aproveitadora pra mim, joguei pela primeira vez em nível normal, e agora iniciei a campanha em nível "Lendário" a forma como a 343 deu continuação ao que era pra ser uma trilogia não agradou muito os fãs, para alguns o game tem uma campanha "chata" e para outros foi satisfatório. O multiplayer bem mais rápido e dinâmico que o dos games anteriores me agradou bastante, confesso que estou viciado, joguei por meses o multiplayer de Halo: Reach (considerado por mim como o melhor Halo) e o online de Halo 4 me agradou muito. A ambientação, a qualidade gráfica e os cenários são excepcionais, assim como Halo deve ser, e quanto a trilha sonora do jogo: Impecável !!! Não sou bom com críticas, e creio que muitos mentem na hora de uma review para defenderem algo que gosta, mas Halo 4 é digno de uma nota final 9/10, em minha análise. Expand
  13. Nov 21, 2015
    O Halo mais 'mahomenos' da série depois do Halo 5? Talvez. Halo 4 possui excelentes gráficos, senão, os gráficos mais bonitos que já vi. A jogabilidade se mantém no estilo dos Halo's anteriores. O multiplayer do jogo é excelente, recomendo a todos jogar. A trilha sonora se mantém no nível extremo da saga Halo, ÉPICA. O ponte negativo e Halo 4 é a história, focando naquele 'romance' doO Halo mais 'mahomenos' da série depois do Halo 5? Talvez. Halo 4 possui excelentes gráficos, senão, os gráficos mais bonitos que já vi. A jogabilidade se mantém no estilo dos Halo's anteriores. O multiplayer do jogo é excelente, recomendo a todos jogar. A trilha sonora se mantém no nível extremo da saga Halo, ÉPICA. O ponte negativo e Halo 4 é a história, focando naquele 'romance' do Master Chief com a Cortana.

História: 8/10
    Gráficos: 10/10
    Jogabilidade: 10/10
    Desempenho: 10/10
    Trilha sonora: 10/10
  14. Nov 6, 2015
    Halo 4 is a very odd beast in that it has completely divided fans, with some proclaiming it as the best in the series thus far and others lambasting it as one of the most uninspired shooters ever made. And while both sides have valid arguments to be had, I can safely confirm that Halo 4 is neither incredible, nor abysmal - rather, it lies somewhere comfortably in the middle.

The game's

The game's main issue comes from its profound lack of originality. With the exception of ODST, every Halo game thus far has added something new to the formula, and the fourth entry is desperately needing something to call its own. Even the multiplayer seems to be borrowing heavily from similarly-themed FPS's such as Call of Duty.

Yet do these things detract from the fun? Not at all. The graphics are absolutely drop-dead gorgeous, and sound design is top-notch. As for the score, newcomer Neil Davidge unfortunately fails to deliver, but it's hard not to get swept up in the spectacle anyway.

The campaign is great, adding welcome new elements that bring a much needed layer of depth to proceedings. The piffle involving the Prometheans is predictably trite and convoluted, but the newfound humanity brought to both the Master Chief and Cortana is very clever, well-written, and surprisingly heartfelt. As for multiplayer, while the lack of originality is at its worst here, it's still an incredibly fun romp with some interesting new mechanics. Unfortunately maps fail to live up as they are relatively dull (with a few exceptions) and don't really allow for any innovation.

Overall, Halo 4 is an entertaining return for the Master Chief. While several issues still linger, none of them have a significant impact and the end result is a high-octane and occasionally moving journey through Covenant territory. Halo 5 can't come fast enough.
  15. Oct 28, 2015
    After Playing Halo 5 I figured I needed to review this game as the one thing 343 has actually done right. The game and conclusions are fitting with great story telling as well as great game play with traditional tech and new tech like mechs as well as Promethean. I thoroughly enjoyed the story as well as game play and the multiplayer was hands down some of the funnest game play I have hadAfter Playing Halo 5 I figured I needed to review this game as the one thing 343 has actually done right. The game and conclusions are fitting with great story telling as well as great game play with traditional tech and new tech like mechs as well as Promethean. I thoroughly enjoyed the story as well as game play and the multiplayer was hands down some of the funnest game play I have had in a while. Miss the mechs. Expand
  16. Oct 25, 2015
    I actually played this years ago, But on the eve of "Halo 5" I felt I needed to give My two cents for what it"s worth. This game is AMAZING! Having now played through it multiple times and put in a healthy dose of MP, I can honestly say, IT IS THE BEST IN THE SERIES. Yes, 343i IMO made a better Halo game than Bungie ever could. Not that the previous ones were bad by any stretch of theI actually played this years ago, But on the eve of "Halo 5" I felt I needed to give My two cents for what it"s worth. This game is AMAZING! Having now played through it multiple times and put in a healthy dose of MP, I can honestly say, IT IS THE BEST IN THE SERIES. Yes, 343i IMO made a better Halo game than Bungie ever could. Not that the previous ones were bad by any stretch of the imagination (Halo 2 being a close close second) I've just realized without my nostalgia glasses on, That this game takes the cake. I love were this series is going under 343i"s reign, and I am MORE than confident that Halo 5 will set the bar even higher. 10/10, would recommend to anyone with a pulse. Expand
  17. Oct 20, 2015
    2nd best Halo to me behind 3. The gameplay as well as the campaign was very good. I would put this on the same level as 3 but the online community features in this game are lacking. Halo 3 was memorable because of forge and being able to easily share and download maps or game types, which was nonexistent in this.
  18. Sep 12, 2015
    Halo 4 is an epic addition to the halo franchise, the campaign I found somewhat bland in terms of the missions which were a little repetitive but other than that it is absolutely fantastic. This game deserves at least a 7.5 out of 10, I gave it a 10 just to counteract and troll the haters who gave it a zero just to bring the score down.
  19. Aug 31, 2015
    I love the halo series and 343 did an amazing job of this game. campaign was great and mulltiplayer was fantasic. its smooth launch on the 360. but if this game came out on pc. it will be more amazing but hey this game its still great!
  20. Aug 22, 2015
    Halo 4 is a very well done carry-on from the Original Halo Trilogy. Now With 343Industries taking over, we now see the advancements that they are willing to make, including amazing graphics, very precise map creation (forge mode), and customization options which exceed past Halo games. Halo 4 carries on the original trilogy's legend, but, instead of having the same Robot-Zombie-Alien FFAHalo 4 is a very well done carry-on from the Original Halo Trilogy. Now With 343Industries taking over, we now see the advancements that they are willing to make, including amazing graphics, very precise map creation (forge mode), and customization options which exceed past Halo games. Halo 4 carries on the original trilogy's legend, but, instead of having the same Robot-Zombie-Alien FFA cliche (Sentinels, Flood, and the Covenant), Halo 4 is beginning to dive down deeper into the lore. This game was created with new features, showing what 343industries can do to improve the Halo franchise. Sadly, this being 343's very first Halo game, there are a few minor problems that many people didn't like. The Campaign, for many, didn't feel as nostalgic as the original campaigns. Multiplayer has changed entirely to the point where Halo 4 may be considered closer to Call Of Duty than that of another Halo game, and Spartan Ops was a complete embarrassment when compared to Call of Duty's Zombies, Gears of War's Horde Mode, and Previous Halo Firefight games. Overall, this Halo game seemed like a transition, to a new company, and a new story. Expand
  21. Aug 10, 2015
    Wow! I had to write a review after playing this again! I first played it very casually on legendary and gota little frustrated i think. While waiting for witcher update to download decided to turn back on halo 4 and pit it down a notch in difficulty and BANG just loved it. Felt like halo, second level in ghost felt like last level in halo combat evolved. Just gorgeous, beautifulWow! I had to write a review after playing this again! I first played it very casually on legendary and gota little frustrated i think. While waiting for witcher update to download decided to turn back on halo 4 and pit it down a notch in difficulty and BANG just loved it. Felt like halo, second level in ghost felt like last level in halo combat evolved. Just gorgeous, beautiful graphics on master chief 1080p gives seriously next gen graphic games a run for their money, walking on the transparent floor will never leave my mind.. Game play is perfectly how halo to me is the best first person shooter, great enemies, story, vehicles and atmosphere. Expand
  22. Aug 1, 2015
    i am not saying the game is perfect, but it is the best halo campain in my opinion. far more cinematic and emotional than the oders. I think they did a great job in some new elements
  23. Jun 29, 2015
    The sigh of relief was so strong that 343 didn't butcher Halo. They did take the campaign in a more character driven story aspect though. And while this makes it feel slightly different from the old Halo feel along with the new character designs and equipment, it adds layers previously unearthed. The sounds pretty choppy without surround sound, but is more than made up for with the graphicThe sigh of relief was so strong that 343 didn't butcher Halo. They did take the campaign in a more character driven story aspect though. And while this makes it feel slightly different from the old Halo feel along with the new character designs and equipment, it adds layers previously unearthed. The sounds pretty choppy without surround sound, but is more than made up for with the graphic overhaul. And while the multiplayer has been getting plenty of hell, I find it adds demensions of skill having equipment. One of my most admired games so far. Expand
  24. Jun 27, 2015
    343 did a fantastic job with taking over Halo. Some may disagree because of the differences Halo 4 had older Halos didn't, but this game was brilliant, from the gameplay to the story,
  25. Jun 21, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. For 343's first offial Halo title I believe they did a good job, but could of been better. Possibly the best campaign in terms of storytelling and also emotional (when Cortana died). The multplayer is fun but not competitive which is why so many Halo fans hated this game. Spartan Ops is fun when played with friends but kind of boring when played alone. Expand
  26. Jun 17, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. In the past, the Halo video game series started a revolution on the Xbox console and its latest version is now out, Halo 4. It was released in 2012 and it was one of the most awaited games of its time as fans were anxious to see what its new developer had to offer. Bungie, its original developer eventually split with Microsoft and 343 Industries was created to continue the franchise. It frightened fans who didn’t know what to expect but 343 Industries did not disappoint. It successful fulfilled and some may say surpassed its expectations by introducing a well-constructed game that did not fail to please the eye. 343 Industries was able to create a beautiful game that included a captivating story with harmonious music and several game modes.
    The story implanted in Halo 4 is genius as the proclaimed Master Chief tries to save humanity once again while his long known friend and AI, Cortana, is in the brink of “thinking herself to death” and insanity. The story continues where Halo 3 left off; Master Chief drifts in space while in hyper sleep aboard the Forward Unto the Dawn ship. He is awakened by Cortana as they are being sucked into an alien planet, known as Requiem. His shipped is boarded by an old alien enemy, the Covenant, and he is forced to shoot himself out the ship. He begins his journey by unraveling the mystery of the unknown planet and unintentionally releasing an ancient evil. This is a trilling ride with many ways of getting through each level. The campaign is only about 8-9 hours long but with the diversity that each level offers, it always seems to keep you on your feet. In one level you are trying to escape an exploding planet on an alien vehicle while in another you search for fallen allies in an alien infested forest. From commanding tanks to flying warships through enemy grounds, the game always manages to surprise and keep you interested. The new alien race that is introduced, known as the Prometheans, create a brand new experience. There are Promethean knights, crawlers, and watchers that each have a unique ability. While the crawlers create an ambush in walls above you, the knights are transported across the map by the watchers. These new enemies are smarter and will use their tactics against you, making it more challenging and interesting to get through a level. Put simply, the striking campaign of Halo 4 will not disappoint with its great intensity and variety of gameplay.
    Although the campaign is already action packed, Cortana’s anticipated death really creates a moving narrative in Halo 4. After being brought back from cryogenic hyper sleep, Master Chief immediately notices that something is wrong with his AI, Cortana. At first, her hollow gram begins to malfunction, followed by emotional outbursts that worsen throughout the game. Her condition, described as rampancy, causes her to slowly slither into insanity as her life span is long overdue. This adds a trilling and suspenseful feature to the game as she makes matters worst with her sudden outburst at the moments when she is most needed. For example, she falls into an emotional outburst while trying to disengage a bomb, causing many civilians to die and letting the enemy escape. Cortana’s situation allows for 343 Industries to implement great sentimental voice acting between Cortana and Master Chief. It also contributes to a touching connection between the two characters and the player, unseen in any of the previous Halo games. Master Chief is forced to make a promise he can’t keep while trying to save humanity. Cortana’s tragic condition adds a great emotional touch to the game’s action packed story.
    If the story ever seems a bit short, there is always the competitive multiplayer, which always seem to please. Besides what the previous Halos have had to offer, this game introduces great customizable loads outs and a point system that awards the player with unlockables. The load outs include new weapons, grenades, and fun armor abilities which can be upgraded. Although the multiplayer offers a different kind of environment, it still does not fully keep up with modern shooters, such of Call of Duty, which focus their attention on precision shooting and a realistic experience. Even so, the game still offers a great sci-fi multiplayer experience using large scale maps, various game modes, and extraterrestrial weaponry for each combat experience, such as for shooting down an aircraft or even for degutting an enemy from the back with the famous energy sword. Some of the few flaws that the multiplayer mode includes are the overpowered guns and the construction of various maps. At times, it becomes impossible to use a short range gun when you are continuously being blow into pieces with a giant missile or being shot by sniper. As for the maps, they are not always well-constructed for every weapon type. In contrast, when you are the one with the advantage, the multiplayer and can become rather addictive.
    For those who do not like playing with complete strangers, the game also offers two different coop modes. The first is campaign mode. Play through the epic story once more with your buddies, while increasing the difficultly. The other mode is new to Halo 4 and it is called Spec Ops, which features several team missions. It can be boring if you play it alone but is most enjoyed when played with friends as it add some variety. Sadly, this mode doesn’t offer a real story and most of its missions are based on simple task, such as capturing or destroying certain objectives, which can become a bit annoying. Overall, the coop mode offers a different way of playing the game with friends, which can be fun but get boring over time.
    As for the visuals of the game, they surpass expectation as the beautify presented in scenic scenes and vast locations. The second the story begins, you are presented with beautifully crafted images of people who do not seem a bit pixelated. The graphics in their faces are clean and contain natural textures, such as wrinkles. One the first cut scenes that truly expresses 343 Industries’ magnum opus is when the Covenant fleet is first seen drifting through space. All the details are vivid from a distance and the light perfectly reflects off each ship as it hovers through space. From deep jungles to mesmerizing panoramas, 343 Industries never failed to provide a flawless scene. There are times in the game where I would just stop and appreciate its majestic vast landmarks. These great visuals are not only presented in locations but also throughout the characters in the game. For example, Master Chief’s armor continues to rust while covered with detailed scratches and dents. In the end, the visuals of this game allow it to be one of the most beautiful games of its time.
    If there is anything that this game is known for, it’s its the compelling music and sounds that are found throughout the story. Every single sound is heard, from the enemy’s footsteps, to the sound of a bullet penetrating their armored covered bodies. These detailed sounds are perfectly balanced and add greater intensity to the game allowing us to feel as if we are there. These delicate noises increase you awareness and make sure you hear your enemies coming. As for the soundtrack, it brilliantly complements each moment throughout game without it ever being unnecessary or excessive. 343 Industries knowns perfectly when to add empowering music or keep complete silence. In conclusion, Halo 4’s harmonious music is definitely not something the game would have prevailed without.
    343 Industries was given the chance to continue of the most prominent series of its time and they definitely did not disappoint the fans. Halo 4 does contain a few flaws concerning its multiplayer modes but overall, the campaign makes up for these by introducing a finely crafted plot. It was a trilling, yet emotional as Cortana gradually deteriorates throughout the game and Master Chief tries to save the humanity from an uprising evil. It visually pleases the eye and its genius use of music creates galvanizing experience. In the end, this game surpassed the expectations that were expected from 343 Industries.
  27. Jun 9, 2015
    Halo 4, a game that I did not expected to be so good as Halo Reach is. First I want to say well done for the graphics, there are just great. The campaign is full of many new experiences and the multiplayer is awesome. There are lots of new things, like loadouts, weapons and abilities. As the last Halo game for XBOX 360 I really like it, but I think If Halo 4 had firefight and free to playHalo 4, a game that I did not expected to be so good as Halo Reach is. First I want to say well done for the graphics, there are just great. The campaign is full of many new experiences and the multiplayer is awesome. There are lots of new things, like loadouts, weapons and abilities. As the last Halo game for XBOX 360 I really like it, but I think If Halo 4 had firefight and free to play Spartan Ops without Xbox Live Gold it would be the best Halo game ever. Expand
  28. May 8, 2015
    It's a good game, you should buy it. 10/10. It's an even better game if you have a bag of Nacho Cheese Doritos and an ice cold Mountain Dew next to you. Why do we have to charge so much for maps, yet have these extravagant marketing campaigns? Who cares? Doritos! Mountain Dew!

OK, OK here's the serious verdict. It's a fun game, and it's HALO! I'm not a huge halo fan, but I very much liked Halo 3. I feel like this sequel is a bit underwhelming considering how great Halo 3 was, but this game still has much to offer and is lots of fun. When this game came out, I didn't like it. Now, in 2015, seeing how homogenized the shooter market is with our annual Call of Battlefields and their shameless copycats, how naive of me to hate on this game. People should look at this game and see how unique it is, and there should be more games that stray from the norm.
  29. Apr 15, 2015
    First things first: I am a fan of Halo. Have been since Halo 1, and Halo 2 is still my favorite. When I found out that Halo 4 would incorporate some features first seen in shooters like Call of Duty, I was a bit scared it would lose that unique, well... Halo-ness. Thankfully, it didn't, and I dare say it's better than Halo 3.

Sure, Halo 4 has the equivalent of perks from CoD, in the

Sure, Halo 4 has the equivalent of perks from CoD, in the form of specializations. You can level up through multiplayer in these specializations, and get armor sets and armor abilities as rewards. There are also some armor abilities that you can just choose to supplement your play style, much like Battlefield's classes. In my opinion, these are great additions, because they increase the depth of the gameplay. Instead of being forced to start with a weapon you don't like, you can change your loadout, and even take on a role (such as medic). Unlocking armor through multiplayer feels very rewarding too, though IMO the armor sets could've added some technical effects -- as it is, armor is purely cosmetic -- but then, that was the case in previous Halo games too.

Some abilities really add tension to the multiplayer mode, like one that allows you to briefly see opponents through walls, or one that predicts where a weapon drop is going to be, and when. Or even one that allows you to cycle through weapon drops until you get a weapon you like.
    The multiplayer, by the way, is still solid. When comparing it to Halo 3, you'll even notice that it moves more fluidly. Halo 3 was less accurate when aiming, and it was choppier and laggier.

I don't see why some people hate this game. When I asked them why they hated it, the answer was always ''because it's got some features from Call of Duty'' or ''it's generic'' -- no explanation given. Or the answer was 'because 343 sucks'. Yes, because your loyalty to a company totally influences the quality of the game *sarcasm*. From what I can gather, the only reasons why people hated Halo 4 was because its gameplay was deeper than that of previous installments, and because those people are so close-minded and hateful towards CoD that they can't accept that CoD did get some things right. In a sense, they're right, the creators of Call of Duty are just churning out the same game over and over, but that has nothing to do with gameplay features such as perks or classes.

Halo 4 takes the best from previous Halo games, and adds the best shooter mechanics, and features you would want in a next-gen shooter. The fact that those features (perks) were first created in CoD, doesn't mean they are exclusive to CoD or make up its identity. I am all for deeper, more rewarding gameplay, and Halo 4 delivers.
  30. Apr 14, 2015
    i did expect more but it was well delivered, with an awesome campaign and fun muiltiplayer, but they took out some things that i wish where in it like some unsc air vehicles, BUT YOU GET TO DRIVE A PELICAN which is really cool making fans happy
  31. Mar 18, 2015
    Halo 4 is an absolute glorious addition to the franchise. The main reason a lot of people get Halo is for the online. The multiplayer mode is excellent that has the combat more fast paced and exhilarating than previous Halo's. I just can't put my finger on it, but the game just feels a little Call of Duty-esque, just very little, but it is a true Halo game. One nice addition to multiplayerHalo 4 is an absolute glorious addition to the franchise. The main reason a lot of people get Halo is for the online. The multiplayer mode is excellent that has the combat more fast paced and exhilarating than previous Halo's. I just can't put my finger on it, but the game just feels a little Call of Duty-esque, just very little, but it is a true Halo game. One nice addition to multiplayer is the ability to make custom classes with different abilities and weapons with many possibilities. I also love that you can customize how your character looks in multiplayer, so each player will look unique. The game not only plays great, but looks and sounds fantastic. For 2012, the graphics are absolutely incredible with dynamic lighting, textures, and has a nice glossy look. The game score is composed by a different composer from previous Halo's, and the style of the music is definitely different. Past Halo's were very prominent with heavy percussion and simple orchestrations and synthesizers here and there. On the score, the music sounds a lot more in your face with lots of orchestrations and can sometimes feel a little over the top and overproduced but all in all, it's a very good score. Now to the campaign. The campaign adds new enemies, the Forerunners, which gives you a breathe of fresh air from always combating the Covenant. Each missions is awesome to play and fairly lengthy. The story really shines with the Master Chief and Cortana. I won't give to much away, but the developers really expanded with their connection and have a lot more personal dialogue between the two. Their chemistry in this game is superb and beautiful, and I've never seen any other two characters in video games or movies that has even come close to matching. You know a game is amazing when the story makes you cry, especially when it's the only game to make you do that. I won't spoil anything, but the game ending is so heartfelt and cordial that left me in tears and may leave you in tears. Halo 4 is a game that everybody should play. Expand
  32. Feb 22, 2015
    The game is absolutely outstanding!!!! Visually maybe the best game in consoles. High quality sounds, it feels like you are in the real battlefield, excellent gameplay, jawdropping lightning effects, unbelievable music, awesome story. What else do you need? Congrats to 343!!!!
  33. Feb 16, 2015
    The most under-appreciated game in the franchise.....why??????

Pros: Halo 4 is without a doubt the best looking game on the Xbox 360. The lighting is beautiful, the art direction is astounding and the tone created by the graphics perfectly matches the setting, single or multiplayer. In the campaign, the cutscenes are absolutely mind blowing to watch, as the motion capture and
    The most under-appreciated game in the franchise.....why??????

Pros:
    Halo 4 is without a doubt the best looking game on the Xbox 360. The lighting is beautiful, the art direction is astounding and the tone created by the graphics perfectly matches the setting, single or multiplayer. In the campaign, the cutscenes are absolutely mind blowing to watch, as the motion capture and animations are spot on.
    The campaign is without a doubt the best in the series. There is a strong bond between Chief and Cortana that you don't see as clearly in the previous games. After playing (most of) Halo: CE and Halo 3 (Not Halo 2 as I do not have an original Xbox or Xbox One), I was slightly underwhelmed by the campaign modes as they just consisted of general gameplay and didn't expand the story. I felt like 343 industries got it right with Halo 4.
    The sound design is awesome. I complimented CE Anniversary for having excellent sound design and it is just as good here. The weapons sound killer and the soundtrack is to die for.
    Multiplayer has always been good in the Halo series, and like most things in Halo 4, the multiplayer is a huge evolution. While retaining classic game modes such as slayer, the multiplayer is expanded on with improved features. It is closer to Call of Duty rather than Halo, but it is still a lot of fun.
    There is a new mode called "Spartan Ops", which is an episodic co-operative or solo mode in which you take on 5 relatively short missions for each episodes which take place after the main campaign and while they are short, there are 10 episodes (5 + 5 as a free DLC pack).

Overall, I think this is the strongest Halo game in the series and is truly underrated by fans. A stunning masterpiece.

34. Feb 6, 2015
    this game had a great campaign, a good mulitiplayer, and amazing graphics. i don't know why people are saying the multiplayer is uneven and bad. MOST maps, AND I MEAN MOST MAPS are symmetrical. there are a few that are not, like abandon. but most of the other maps are symmetric, like haven. also if you don't play infinity slayer, then there are no ordnance drops form players. thethis game had a great campaign, a good mulitiplayer, and amazing graphics. i don't know why people are saying the multiplayer is uneven and bad. MOST maps, AND I MEAN MOST MAPS are symmetrical. there are a few that are not, like abandon. but most of the other maps are symmetric, like haven. also if you don't play infinity slayer, then there are no ordnance drops form players. the mulitiplayer is even, I don't care what people say. and loadouts are even because everyone can have the same perks and guns as everyone else. great game Expand
  35. Jan 23, 2015
    In my opinion, this is the best Halo game out of Halo 1,2, and 3. It has a strong story, very good voice acting, and spectacular graphics. The ending of the campaign will hit you hard, I guarantee it. The only thing this game lacks is the firefight mode, which is a really fun aspect of a Halo game. 9/10 (Awesome)
  36. Dec 28, 2014
    I've been a devoted fan of the Halo franchise ever since I was 9 years old. But the moment I heard that Halo 4 was in the hands of a new development team, you can be sure that I was worried about them ruining it. But guess what? Halo 4 is absolutely gorgeous in every conceivable way. An emotional story, beautiful soundtrack, fascinating sound design, and graphics that rivals even some ofI've been a devoted fan of the Halo franchise ever since I was 9 years old. But the moment I heard that Halo 4 was in the hands of a new development team, you can be sure that I was worried about them ruining it. But guess what? Halo 4 is absolutely gorgeous in every conceivable way. An emotional story, beautiful soundtrack, fascinating sound design, and graphics that rivals even some of today's next-gen titles are what this game delivers. Many people do not like the changes introduced in this game, and I admit I pity those poor souls who cannot appreciate change. Halo 4 is a masterpiece. This is a must-play for any Xbox 360 owner. Expand
  37. Dec 22, 2014
    A fresh and fun addition to the Halo franchise we all love while staying true to its predecessors. Halo 4 stylishly integrates new concepts with the old butt-kicking mechanics we enjoyed.
  38. Dec 14, 2014
    graphics 10/10 abousity outstating controls perfect like every other halo game online i dont play online that much but the biggest flaw is the removal of the gamemode firefight it would have been perfect with the new enemies
  39. Dec 9, 2014
    I think that after Bungie had left Halo alone to pursue bigger and worse things, DESTINY. 343 should have left Chief's story alone as it's done and created a new character to follow. What I expected them to do was screw it up but they didn't. Halo 4 is a really good game that isn't quite as good as Halo 1 but is about on the same level as 2.

Verdict: A great game that I expected not to

Verdict:
    A great game that I expected not to like but I did... a lot
  40. Nov 8, 2014
    The multiplayer is fine and that is all i could ask for but the campaign is breath taking the best game i have ever played. The emotion of the game is outstanding. how anyone could dislike this game even in the slightest is unfathomable.
  41. Oct 29, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Nearing its 13th year anniversary, the “Halo” series, created by Bungie and now lead by 343 Industries, has become one of the most popular video games in the video game market today, and of its 13 year lifespan. Halo has become a staple or a “must have” for anyone who has an Xbox system. In 2012, 343 Industries released the latest installment of the series called “Halo 4”. What made this release so big is that it was the first time that the new company, 343 Industries, had created a Halo game that would continue the story from the questionable ending of Halo 3. At the end of Halo 3, Bungie left us wondering what will be of the majestic Master Chief as he falls into cyrosleep in the empty ‘Forward Unto Dawn’ slowly going into unaccounted space travel. Halo 4 brought much excitement to Halo fans around the world because the 5 year long wait was finally over, and the story of Master Chief could once again continue in a new trilogy. Many have called Halo 4 the best game yet, but what does it take for a game to be qualified as, “one of the best of all time?” The answer is, it would have to have amazing high-definition graphics and original designs, fast-paced multiplayer gameplay, and a unique story that would emotionally tie players into the game. In Halo 4, 343 Industries really outdid themselves in making this game “one of the best of all time” in all categories.
    To begin with, good graphics and original designs are important in making a great quality game because it makes the game worth looking at, and gives you a special feel that you wouldn’t feel from another game. Halo 4’s graphics and original designs keep you wanting to see more of what 343 Industries has in store for you. As stated from an IGN review, “Of course, gorgeous graphics are only one responsibility a console’s killer app must bear. Perhaps equal to Halo 4’s monitor-melting visuals is its bar-none, best-in-class sound design. If you think you’ve heard Halo, check your ears and listen again”. With new technology advancements in CG graphics, the characters, the environments, and even Master Chief look almost realistic. It is as if someone actually recorded this game in real life. The Forerunner structures in Halo 4’s campaign definitely give you this feeling because the designs are literally “out of this world”. The creation of the Forerunner designs are simply beautiful and makes the Forerunners seem “fancy” and the “high classed”. To tie everything together, the graphics and designs simply makes this game just amazing.
    In addition, fast-paced action gameplay is an important quality of making a great game, because it keeps you wanting more from the gameplay. This quality will most likely not make your game end up in your dusty CD pile. Halo 4’s multiplayer gameplay will keep you on the edge of your seat for hours. The fast-paced multiplayer action of killing opposing Spartans in the midst of explosions and bullets coming from every angle just makes the hair on the back of your neck stand on end. Even the disappointment you feel after losing your killing spree fuels you to play even harder to get the highest score in the match. The multiplayer matchmaking will keep you playing this game for the next few years, or at least until Halo 5 comes out in 2015.
    Lastly, a good story is important to making a great game because it keeps us emotionally tied into the game, its plot, and the characters. As quoted from Destructoid, a video game review website, “343 Industries have done a remarkable job at continuing the Halo legacy. They've gone all out, creating a fantastic sequel that brought forth a major focus on storytelling while upping the visual and audio direction to a level that will be tough for anyone to rival with these few remaining years of the current console generation”. Halo 4 is the fifth intake in the Halo story line. What makes this story different from the other prequels is that it puts more emphasize on Master Chief’s emotional being. The game starts off with Dr. Halsey being interrogated by a UNSC officer on the issue of destroying her Spartans, including Master Chief, mentally and emotionally through her Spartans illegal childhood military training. Because of this, Master Chief acts as a machine to the UNSC. Nearing the end of the story, Cortana asks Master Chief, "...before this is all over, promise me you'll figure out which one of us is the machine." This imposes that Cortana wants Master Chief to realize that he is not a machine, but is human like everyone else. This aspect of Master Chief’s story makes it different from previous installments, but makes it amazing to play through.
    In conclusion, Halo 4 is a fantastic game, which will keep you guessing what might happen next. Halo 4’s amazing high-definition graphics and original designs, fast-paced multiplayer gameplay, and unique story makes Halo 4 qualified to be “one of the best of all time”. I would definitely recommend this game to anyone who wants to see the full
  42. Oct 17, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Well, I honestly can't say too much about the multiplayer. Not that I haven't played it, more that I don't find anything about it too different that makes it standout from the past two halo games. Multi-player doesn't feel exactly the same as say reach, but the differences are only subtle. Visually, the game is fantastic. Both in-game and cutscene wise, probably among if not the best the xbox 360 has to offer. The campaign was also very good. Some of the level designs themselves felt repetitive, but the narrative and overall story was great. My favorite Halo campaign since the original. The highlight of it had to be the relationship between Cortana and Master Chief. If there's one thing 343 Industries did right that Bungie did wrong in, was show Master Chief's persona. While still not showing much emotional depth yet as other video game characters to date, certainly made him act much more human than when Bungie was in charge (who used that BS idea of,
    "a silent protagonist allows the player to assume the role of-" blah blah, no it makes it boring and makes the story dull). Having the Chief talk during gameplay definitely made me feel more connected to the narrative than any of Bungie Halo games.
  43. Sep 13, 2014
    As a long time fan of the Halo series, I can say that this game is fantastic. It is my favourite so far. The gameplay is the most refined in the series yet and has superior graphics to match. The story was interesting and introduced an intriguing new villain along with new enemies to fight, which mixes things up from the traditional halo games, whilst still keeping the well known and lovedAs a long time fan of the Halo series, I can say that this game is fantastic. It is my favourite so far. The gameplay is the most refined in the series yet and has superior graphics to match. The story was interesting and introduced an intriguing new villain along with new enemies to fight, which mixes things up from the traditional halo games, whilst still keeping the well known and loved covenant enemies.
    Definitely makes my top 10 games of all time list.
  44. Sep 12, 2014
    This game is really well put-together, with a great story continuing from the previous games and great multi-player to wo with as well. The only reason people would down vote this game is they have their nose up Bungie's rear. I hope that 343 Industries will continue to take Halo to new heights and all of Bungie's future endeavors will fail time and time again. But enough of that, thisThis game is really well put-together, with a great story continuing from the previous games and great multi-player to wo with as well. The only reason people would down vote this game is they have their nose up Bungie's rear. I hope that 343 Industries will continue to take Halo to new heights and all of Bungie's future endeavors will fail time and time again. But enough of that, this is a great game for new players and old veterans of the Halo series like myself. Expand
  45. Sep 10, 2014
    I certainly enjoyed the game overall but not as much as i would of liked, great story as per usual and graphics were fantastic. just lacked that special feel of previous games such as Halo 2 and Combat evolved. 8/10
  46. Jul 14, 2014
    This is the best halo game out there right now. Halo 2 was the best back then, Halo 4 is the best of this generation. It features war games, improved graphics, new gametypes such as flood. The first half of the campaign kept me interested but right around the second half I got bored immediately. What I really care about in this game is the multiplayer. Multiplayer is key to Halo right now.This is the best halo game out there right now. Halo 2 was the best back then, Halo 4 is the best of this generation. It features war games, improved graphics, new gametypes such as flood. The first half of the campaign kept me interested but right around the second half I got bored immediately. What I really care about in this game is the multiplayer. Multiplayer is key to Halo right now. Forge is more improved now to the point where I don't think it could go any farther now. The things I hate are how overpowered the grenades are, the loading screens, bugs from campaign and mutliplayer and the loading time to switch from forging or fighting. Expand
  47. Jun 30, 2014
    Halo 4 is a game that Halo fans, like myself, have waited years to play. The campaign's story is compelling as it initiates a new era for the Master Chief. The multiplayer is great also, but some may not like a lot of the changes. All and all, this is a true Halo experience.
  48. Jun 16, 2014
    A great game, which is a sign that 343 will bring us more great games in the future. When i first played the game, and saw the new loadout system, I initially assumed that this game was copying CoD (in a "bad for Halo" context), however I soon found out i was wrong. While it may be drawing some inspiration from CoD games, I can assure you that Halo 4's loadout system couldn't be moreA great game, which is a sign that 343 will bring us more great games in the future. When i first played the game, and saw the new loadout system, I initially assumed that this game was copying CoD (in a "bad for Halo" context), however I soon found out i was wrong. While it may be drawing some inspiration from CoD games, I can assure you that Halo 4's loadout system couldn't be more different from CoD's. One common complaint i've seen about Halo 4 is that the Story wasn't all that great, I, However, respectfully disagree. Sure, it may seem to be shallow, but you to remember that Halo 4 is part of a TRILOGY and thus it's story would ONLY account for 1/3 of the forerunner trilogy's story, and thus would not be very deep. The story will truly shine when combined with the other 2/3's of the forerunner trilogy's story.

As for the game-play, Halo has never been better. Halo 4 has a nice campaign and a great multiplayer that completely outclasses reach's. Not only that but i CANNOT be the only one who is GLAD 343 did NOT use that stupid credits system, which is one of the reasons Halo 4 has the best character customization in the series. Armor is no longer unlocked by purchase, but by EXP level ALONE. Not only that but the Level system is easy to get acquainted with and easy to understand. There a total of 8 Specializations, each spans only ten levels. The large variety of armor gives player almost endless possibilities.
  49. May 29, 2014
    I feel Halo 4 is like a breath of fresh air to the Halo series. I've been around since the beginning of the Halo franchise. So I know what I'm talking about. The story mode wasn't the best for a Halo game, however the multiplayer feels so much better compared to previous Halo games, there's barely any campers, the specializations are really awesome. The only downside is the ordinanceI feel Halo 4 is like a breath of fresh air to the Halo series. I've been around since the beginning of the Halo franchise. So I know what I'm talking about. The story mode wasn't the best for a Halo game, however the multiplayer feels so much better compared to previous Halo games, there's barely any campers, the specializations are really awesome. The only downside is the ordinance drops, but I admit I kinda like it cause I'm the killer, not the victim. So I get ordinance quite a bit. I didn't like the fact how whoever has the rocket launcher wins the game in previous halo titles In halo 4 YOU ARE THE WEAPON. I just wish they had elites, invasion mode, firefight, and better armor customization. I don't want a paint job, I WANT A ROBOT ARM!!! Expand
  50. May 27, 2014
    This game has the only thing that really matters which is that is a fun game to play, if having fun isn't enoughfor you ton like something then cconsider the following.
    Graphics: 10/10
    Good cut scenes, a beautiful environment. Story: 7.5 The story was good but still felt like something 343 put out solely to make more money Gameplay: 10 I already said I think its fun Plus like most
    Graphics: 10/10
    Good cut scenes, a beautiful environment.
    Story: 7.5
    Gameplay: 10
    I already said I think its fun

Plus like most previous games the soundtrack was awesome to listen to, enough so that I bought it on CD
  51. May 22, 2014
    It's the fourth time i rewrite this review. I'm tired of trying to find something to explain why i think this game is one of my favourite, so that's all i going to say: buy it. Really, you won't be disappointed. So many of my friends started to love halo series because of this game. Are you searching for a fps with excellent graphics, good story and excellent gameplay? Well, you just found it.
  52. May 15, 2014
    9 or 10, out of 10. Nothing less. A must have in your game collection. One of the best franchise ever. A game made to be a remembered for sur. rased the bar for games to come.
  53. May 12, 2014
    I grew up playing halo, which is why I'm such a big fan of the series. And let me just say, Halo 4 lived up to the hype. I was sad when Bungie left Microsoft, and didn't know what to expect on Halo 4. Then I saw the trailer, and was instantly hooked on it before I had even played it! The game has an outstanding storyline, and that goes for the voice acting as well! The gameplay is amazing,I grew up playing halo, which is why I'm such a big fan of the series. And let me just say, Halo 4 lived up to the hype. I was sad when Bungie left Microsoft, and didn't know what to expect on Halo 4. Then I saw the trailer, and was instantly hooked on it before I had even played it! The game has an outstanding storyline, and that goes for the voice acting as well! The gameplay is amazing, and there are SO many new weapons that weren't there in the previous games! The graphics have improved a LOT since the last game, and in my opinion are current gen worthy( Xbox One). I don't really have any issues with the game to be honest. I haven't noticed any flaws and I've had the game since it came out! If you're a Halo fan, and you DON'T own this game, you can't call yourself a Halo fan! Expand
  54. May 9, 2014
    A really good game but lacked one thing the story chief and finished the fight and why was the covenant attacking us again i knew they were a cult but what started it? that is what we should need 2 know also mulitplayer is really awesome and spartan ops its just like the halo reach campaign (what i mean is you can use your spartan in a campaign) that is what i liked the most so anyway itA really good game but lacked one thing the story chief and finished the fight and why was the covenant attacking us again i knew they were a cult but what started it? that is what we should need 2 know also mulitplayer is really awesome and spartan ops its just like the halo reach campaign (what i mean is you can use your spartan in a campaign) that is what i liked the most so anyway it is a really fun no not fun AMAZING GAME YOU COULD SPEND 60$ ON! and I've read all the reviews its trying to be like COD but don't let that fool you cause its not. so what are you waiting for if your a big fan of halo and you got 60$ go get it! Expand
  55. May 9, 2014
    A breath of fresh air. Like REACH was to its predecessors. Simply the best looking and playing game i have experienced since probably Final Fantasy 7 on PS1. Better looking than Crysis 3. It will put a grin on your face. Elating/ emotional
  56. May 8, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Halo 4 was a beautiful game. But I was really hanged to dry seeing that the boss battle is a quick time event montage but multiplayer is fun so then thumbs up 343 you do have big shoes to fill in so i didn't really think it would do that good also damn firefight mode! Expand
  57. May 8, 2014
    I don't know why this game got an overall average of 87. This game is what Halo: Reach SHOULD HAVE BEEN. But nooooo... Instead, we got another serving of what Bungie thought was good which really gave us another short-changed game. Speaking of, I wonder how Destiny is going to be. If it's made by Bungie I have a feeling it's only going to be focused on online multiplayer with no effort onI don't know why this game got an overall average of 87. This game is what Halo: Reach SHOULD HAVE BEEN. But nooooo... Instead, we got another serving of what Bungie thought was good which really gave us another short-changed game. Speaking of, I wonder how Destiny is going to be. If it's made by Bungie I have a feeling it's only going to be focused on online multiplayer with no effort on story or character. Anyway...

This is the Halo game I've been wanting to see: a Halo with story. Ever since I read the first Halo book, "Fall of Reach," I was deeply impressed with the vast, detailed history and universe that is Halo and it really upset me how Bungie didn't care to elaborate or tie in any of it during Halo 3 or Reach. I loved the refocus on the Master Chief, the original main character of the series. He actually has a vast dialogue this time (unlike 3)! I was taken away immediately with the fist opening cutscene; very impressive and on par with or better than the cutscenes from Halo Wars. I know, I'm one of those rare gamers who believes in story, plot, and character development.

For the campaign, I was very pleased. Great variety of level design and elements, much better than Reach's levels. I thought taking control of the Pelican and fighter jet were very welcomed and were a nice change from the typical FPS role. I know I've been going on and on about the story, but 4's story just didn't sit well with me. It was alright, I liked how it was executed, but I didn't get WHAT the story was about. I didn't care for the Didact, he really seemed like a hollow villain since he and the Master Chief had little interaction. I thought it was silly how there were times where the Didact would be rattling off all this mystical jargon and the Master Chief wouldn't even say anything. To me, he might as well have been thinking, "Uh huh..." cause I had no idea what the Didact was talking about. Plus, everything about the Prometheans and the Librarian seemed confusing for me to follow. Shoot, maybe I need to play through the campaign again...

Online multiplayer is still great; all that frenzied team play or free for all that is Halo. The different armor pieces are still there, even though they don't do anything just like Reach. I loved the "perks" or loadouts that you can customize; way more options versus Reach which allows you to tailor your own loadouts for any given situation or game mode. The search engine seems more refined as well, and it's nice there's a vote for three options.

Spartan Ops is fun, loved the cutscenes that came with it and the story. Although, I wonder what's to come in the future. To be continued in Halo 5? I would have liked to see Firefight though, but a Firefight more true to Halo 3: ODST (hated Reach's version).

Overall, I give this game a 9 and not a 10 because: it's still Halo. We know what it is and how it works. But a 9 because of how brilliant the story execution was, the graphics, the gameplay, the options... Need I go on? Again, this is what Reach should have been. This is a great display of what the Halo universe has to offer. Great job 343! Here's to hoping Halo 5 will be just as great if not better. And to hoping it will be available for 360 too, heheh.
  58. May 5, 2014
    I love this game! This is by far the best Halo in the series!!! Multiplayer is well balanced and plays incredibly. I love the Halo story and this was a great part of it. The graphics were AMAZING for the 360!!!! and Spartan Ops is pretty cool too!
  59. Apr 29, 2014
    I enjoyed this game very much, immersing and entertaining ,both multiplayer and campaign. But I can't help but to feel that it doesn't have the same catch it did with me than reach.

The graphics are wonderful for the Xbox 360, possibly the best graphics on the FPS genre towards the end of 2012. Loved the campaign, the story flows on nicely, and can't wait to play Halo 5 coming this

Loved the campaign, the story flows on nicely, and can't wait to play Halo 5 coming this (or next) year.
  60. Apr 20, 2014
    I genuinely don't understand why this game has been classed as 'bad' by thousands, if not millions of people worldwide. I honestly think this game is incredible and somewhat genius? actually yes, genius. They're geniuses for handling this game, 343. It's got a phenomenal, fun, thrilling and promising story-mode with beautifully-done graphics, astonishing sounds and well-done voice actors.I genuinely don't understand why this game has been classed as 'bad' by thousands, if not millions of people worldwide. I honestly think this game is incredible and somewhat genius? actually yes, genius. They're geniuses for handling this game, 343. It's got a phenomenal, fun, thrilling and promising story-mode with beautifully-done graphics, astonishing sounds and well-done voice actors. Yet again. Like Halo 3, but in my opinion, better. And different, in good ways.

If you've not played Halo 4 yet, I seriously suggest you do, as you're probably going to love it. I recommend you buy it, complete it and then, y'know, just do whatever. Not to mention the online for it is pretty damn incredible. Yes, incredible indeed.

Such an amazing game, therefore I rate it a strong 10/10. (A+).
  61. Apr 9, 2014
    343 Industries took everything I loved about previous Halo games and multiplied it several times. The campaign has a great story and the multiplayer is balanced and fun. This game is one of the best shooters out there.
  62. Apr 4, 2014
    343 Industries has done a fantastic job with this latest chapter in the series. This is my favorite video game series, and it is the series that got me into video gaming, so hearing that a new developer would be replacing Bungie worried me. Thankfully 343 made a game that is just as good as the majority of the Bungie made Halo games.

The campaign manages to feel familiar and fresh all

The campaign manages to feel familiar and fresh all that the same time thanks to the way is holds onto the classic Halo gameplay while simultaneously adding it's own unique features. With new weapons to experiment with and new enemies to fight, there's always something exciting around the next corner. To make things better it is all backed up by some of the best looking graphics to ever grace the 360. The only complaint I have with the campaign is in regards to the story. Just like in Halo 3 the story dives off into the most confusing and under-explained sci-fi mumbo jumbo out there. That being said the campaign does manage to have some emotionality thanks to the complex look at the relationship between Cortana and Master Chief. So while the story does disappoint, the gameplay succeeds here making one awesome campaign.

As far as the multiplayer goes I find it to be the most fun in the series yet. Everything is excellently balanced, the new features are excellent, the game modes are fantastic, and the maps are incredibly well done. The maps are only made better and more diverse thanks to the returning Forge mode. Honestly I am loving the multiplayer more than ever. It's tighter and it no longer feels like you are burning through a huge amount of ammo just to drop a foe. I think this is the best multiplayer the series has seen and it will keep you busy for countless hours. I really can't find a flaw with it.

As far as cooperative gameplay goes the series Firefight mode has been replaced with the new "Spartan Ops" mode. This mode is a noticeable improvement of what the series has previously offered in terms of cooperative gameplay and is an absolute blast to play with friends or even by yourself. However this mode does come with one pretty big flaw: there's no way to play this mode offline either cooperatively or solo. This actually prevented me from being able to play it locally in couch co-op form and is a pretty big oversight on 343's part. That being said it's not a deal breaker and doesn't ruin the fun that can be had with this mode. It's just a disappointing non-inclusion, especially when you remember that Bungie's Firefight mode allowed for offline play.

Overall this is a fantastic game and in a lot of ways one of the best games in the series. With a fantastic campaign, the series best multiplayer, and countless hours worth of content this is one of the best FPS games on the market and one of the best games on the 360. Halo fans no longer need to worry about whether or not 343 can handle the series, because they have proved they can even if they did include some minor flaws. I give it a score of 9.9/10-Near-Perfect.
  63. Mar 17, 2014
    simply the best halo in my opinion, the multiplayer is better then ever, graphics are amazing, and story was more emotional.well worth the buy, for the xbox 360
  64. Mar 17, 2014
    With astounding graphics, immersive campaign, addicting multiplayer, and a surprisingly fun spartan ops mode, halo 4 is a fantastic entry to the halo franchise, and arguably one of the best halo games ever.
  65. lox
    Mar 16, 2014
    Graphically beautiful, fun campaign, fluid controls, great set-pieces and addicting multiplayer, Halo 4 is a welcome entry to the franchise. While it doesn't quite reach the heights of 1 and 2, and the campaign is fairly short, it's still entertaining as hell.
  66. Mar 14, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. i have been playing halo since halo 2 and i LOVE it! in halo 4 the master cheif returns to destroy the didact while his A.I, Cortana is facing rampancy, a virus A.I get in about 7-8 years. i personally 343 did a great job on the campaign, as they have added features fans have wanted for years. i personnaly think that 343 didnt bring the very best out in multiplayer and the all new spartan ops. i do not believe spartan ops and multipalyer are the WORST, but i think they can get old after a while. to me spartan ops is repititve with some twists from time to time. multiplayer is fun if you find a gamemode right for you. other than that halo 4 is an amazing game. i have to give 343 credit, because this is there 1st halo game and most studios new to a franchise dont do as well as 343. halo is a difficult game to master design wise. keep up the good work 343 and thx for making are halo dreams come true! P.S in halo 4 there are no UNSC air vehicles. Expand
  67. Mar 11, 2014
    The first time you play the game, all you can say is: awesome. Not only the addicted shooting and action throughout the game, but also the very memorable story, and plus, the almost-unbeatable outstanding visual. You cannot help but falling in the famous multiplayer of the game. Without a doubt this game is the killer application, a genuine signature game of XBOX 360. If you intend to buyThe first time you play the game, all you can say is: awesome. Not only the addicted shooting and action throughout the game, but also the very memorable story, and plus, the almost-unbeatable outstanding visual. You cannot help but falling in the famous multiplayer of the game. Without a doubt this game is the killer application, a genuine signature game of XBOX 360. If you intend to buy a XBOX just for playing Halo 4, it's a good reason Expand
  68. Mar 10, 2014
    This was one of the best first person shooters that I have ever played, this was the first halo game I ever played and I'm glad that I got into the series. The campaign was incredible I loved the story and the multiplayer is just plain awesome even though the ps4 and xbox one came out me and my friends can play this game anytime if you haven't played this game you must play it immediately!
  69. Mar 4, 2014
    I feel this is a brilliant start to a new saga with a new studio. I've read a lot of comments about this not being Halo but I believe it is a step in the right direction. With stunning visuals, pumped up audio and a compelling story I have played through the campaign many times. There is; however, room for improvement on the multiplayer side, especially when it comes to integrating DLCI feel this is a brilliant start to a new saga with a new studio. I've read a lot of comments about this not being Halo but I believe it is a step in the right direction. With stunning visuals, pumped up audio and a compelling story I have played through the campaign many times. There is; however, room for improvement on the multiplayer side, especially when it comes to integrating DLC maps better into play-lists so that players get to actually use the maps they have purchased. The new Spartan ops; although adding great story, leaves a lot to be desired with a lot of map recycling. Overall this game is definitely worth checking out and leaves you counting down to Halo 5. Expand
  70. Mar 2, 2014
    Maybe I liked this game because I'm a huge Halo fan, but regardless I believe that this game is worth a purchase. Even if you dislike its multiplayer, the campaign is so fun especially with friends. Not many games allow you to play the campaign with three others and still earn all achievements/trophies. This alone is why Halo is better than so many other games. You can spend countlessMaybe I liked this game because I'm a huge Halo fan, but regardless I believe that this game is worth a purchase. Even if you dislike its multiplayer, the campaign is so fun especially with friends. Not many games allow you to play the campaign with three others and still earn all achievements/trophies. This alone is why Halo is better than so many other games. You can spend countless hours having so much fun playing the campaign with friends. But after that's over you can always play multiplayer. New maps, new guns and same old Halo fun. In addition there is a new co-op campaign mode called Spartan Ops where you and friends can be part of an elite Spartan group and experience what it's like to be a Spartan other than Master Chief. Expand
  71. Feb 26, 2014
    343 Industries were given the privilege to continue Bungie's hit series Halo right from where they left off of. The hype and expectations for the next edition to the saga were extremely high so there was little room for error.
    And little error there was...
    And little error there was...

The game opens with an extremely well crafted cut scene. It felt like I was watching a film and at some scenes it was hard to tell whether the characters were programed or living actors. Unlike games like Sonic 06 the rest of the game looks great too. We are not just greeted by something beautiful, the visuals last and last in true cinematic fashion.

Along with the graphics the environment and world design is artistic.There is a sense of atmosphere you get while playing Halo 4. There is just the right balance between futuristic areas and natural which makes you remember that Halo takes place in the future of this universe and not in some completely new and unrecognizable universe, since there is so much relatable to Earth and our knowledge on other planets.

The visuals and world design are complemented by the audio. From the Dramatic theme to the weapon sound effects this game sounds great. Great isn't one of my best words to describe something either. While Halo 4's audio is up there with some of my other top sounding games, it certainly can match with some of the Masterpieces like Half-Life 2, Legend of Zelda: Majora's mask and even Halo Combat Evolved for the original Xbox and PC. This is only a small fraction of the reason why I didn't give it a 10 out of 10.

Most people complain that the gameplay in the Halo series is very repetitive and get generic as the series progresses. Having played through almost all of the Halo series I haven't really felt that there is any major repetivity. The concept has been the same throughout the series and there haven't been any minor evolutions in Gameplay but the game still feel fresh. 343 managed to keep the game new without ruining any game mechanics. It is mainly to do with the Level Design and World Design which I have already praised. There is a distinct feel to each halo game and in Halo 4 the levels are generally spread out and full of places to explore once you get past the open stage. While most area's are new and done in 343's unique styles in environment there are still one or two areas that I can relate to previous Halo titles.

Halo 4's story is also a big role in creating this almost perfect masterpiece. It is a shame that most games these days, particularly FPS's, don't have stories you can get into. Most are multiplayer based and the focus on the actual game appears minimal. Halo 4 is one of the very few games that I can get into story wise. I didn't play the campaign just to get the achievements, I played it because it is good!

The true reason for me to drop a mark is because of a certain enemy. That being the Knights. While I am a person who likes difficult games like CastleVania, Megaman that the more recent Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures but while playing in Heroic or Legendary the Knights are very cheap. In the games I just mentioned you are only to blame when messing up. The other enemies are like that in Halo as well and clearing a room of elites in legendary is very rewarding.
    The Knights are very over powered and they will only stress the player out. to my knowledge they have the same health and strength as the Elites yet they come with the assistance of bots that'll heal them besides they can heal themselves just like you and Elites can. Instead of running away from you they can teleport and by the time you find them they have or are beginning to recharge. This really becomes when there are more than one Knight around. I remember being stuck for a long time on this certain part of the third mission of the game. I have to say that part and other Knight encounters are rated high up in some of the hardest parts across the whole series and unfortunately the difficult was cheap and you never felt that it was your fault and you resort to blaming the game.

The Knight is the concept to make me frown while playing this game. There are some other minor floors including some glitches but most of them have patched the only other flaw worth mentioning is the OP Mantis' but they don't bother me much at all. This leaves me to only drop one mark from perfection. 343 did an great job continuing the series. Though it may not be as good as Combat Evolved and Halo 2 I highly recommend this and I am eager to play Halo 5 when it is released.
  72. Feb 20, 2014
    Why is this game rated 6.9 by the fans ? I seriously dont get it cause Halo 2 and Halo 3 are worser than this and that is no opinion ... Halo 2 sucked and Halo 3 was okay, but not good ... this part is the best since Halo 1 ... Praise to the designer of Cortana you did a great Job !
  73. Feb 18, 2014
    Halo 4 feels like the natural evolution of the series.
    It takes the best elements of Halo 3 and Reach and combines them into an authentic Master Chief experience!
    Halo 4 feels like the natural evolution of the series.
    I'm coming back to the game now after about a year off. I've finished it on Legendary now and am getting into some multiplayer. As much as the player base has dropped over the last year or so, matches can be found with relative ease.
    I was never big on the COD multiplayer. Halo 4 is where it's at for me until Titanfall drops. I want my futuristic machines, yo!
  74. Feb 16, 2014
    343 industries was tasked with producing a follow-up on the Halo trilogy, to add yet more into the universe known as the Halo Nation. They knew that what they would develop would automatically become canon, to be judged under intense scrutiny. Fans of thus franchise are among the most 'honest' fan bases out there, and there was no room for failure.

Thankfully, 'Halo 4' largely delivers

Thankfully, 'Halo 4' largely delivers on the experience fans have come to expect from this all-conquering franchise.

What grabs you first, at least in my opinion, is the graphics. Compared to Halo 3, it feels as if a light covering of smoke had been cleared, bringing everything into sharper focus. It is superior than anything Halo 3 could muster in this department, made clearly by the rendering of Cortana. It is honesty surprising that both '3' and '4' were released on the same console.

The soundtrack for this game is incredible, and there is no one here that can summon an effective argument otherwise. While the signature 'Halo' theme song will remain the best piece of all, '4''s piece takes on a variety of feelings, especially prominent when it highlights the intense danger Spartan 117 finds himself in, while also providing a suitable backdrop to Cortana's mental degradation, and the exchanges both she and her Spartan initiate in.

The story, however, takes the shine off this game, just a miniscule, insignificant amount. While anyone with a heart would flinch from Cortana's fate, after spending the entire game attempting to find Halsey and repair her, introducing the Covenant was a bit of a misstep, considering both Humanity and they had formed a truce. True, runaway factions occur in real life engagements, but the game would have benefited from the sole attention of the main Antagonist, and his plan. While focusing on the Covenant, their designs were needlessly altered, looking nothing like the creatures that had graced the previous three Halo games ( not their armor, but the aliens themselves.)
    Other than that, however, Halo 4 remains one of the best releases for the franchise, as well as the most lucrative, which only shows that 343 industries had managed to fulfill the brief, satisfying 95% of fans.
  75. Jan 31, 2014
    Best Xbox game I have ever played! The war games are feroucious and compettitive! the backgroumd design for the levels are amazing....................
  76. Jan 27, 2014
    Es simplemente increíble desde el primer momento que comienza hasta es ultimo segundo de la campaña, no hay absolutamente nada que discutir. pasamos de una historia limitada a tocar incluso entrar en el universo tan complejo de halo, gráficos excelentes, la historia es por mas que interesante y nos conecta emocionalmente con Master Chief y Cortana, el multijugador es para admirar superaEs simplemente increíble desde el primer momento que comienza hasta es ultimo segundo de la campaña, no hay absolutamente nada que discutir. pasamos de una historia limitada a tocar incluso entrar en el universo tan complejo de halo, gráficos excelentes, la historia es por mas que interesante y nos conecta emocionalmente con Master Chief y Cortana, el multijugador es para admirar supera lo imaginable con innumerables formas de juego, armas y vehiculos, cambiaron totalmente la forma de ver los juegos, las habilidades y capacidad mental, sin mencionar que tiene una de las mejores bandas sonoras que puede haber en la historia de los videojuegos, sin duda es el mejor Halo, y el regreso mas épico para Master Chief. Expand
  77. Jan 20, 2014
    Love halo. Great graphics, great gameplay, great upgrades. Multiplayer fell for me though, the ranking systems has no penalization if u lose, you dont know how high a players real ranking is, its more about how many games u play rather than wins/losses or kills/deaths. This caused multiplayer to be less serious, no one cared who won/lost, and no one talked because teamwork is onlyLove halo. Great graphics, great gameplay, great upgrades. Multiplayer fell for me though, the ranking systems has no penalization if u lose, you dont know how high a players real ranking is, its more about how many games u play rather than wins/losses or kills/deaths. This caused multiplayer to be less serious, no one cared who won/lost, and no one talked because teamwork is only important if you need to win. Expand
  78. Jan 13, 2014
    Greatest Halo game!
    High quality feeling and audio, at 1080p it's graphics rival those of next gen!
    Though I miss the original Halo music, the new music is memorable and emotional..
  79. Jan 11, 2014
    One word Amazing. halo 4 took the Halo series into a new direction but still felt like halo. multiplayer was fantastic and I have to admit for the campaign, its almost better than halo 3s. got to say second best halo game and I cant wait till halo 5.
  80. Jan 8, 2014
    A really good shooter. A good story, memorable characters, a really good soundtrack, some of the best visuals on the 360 and an extremely fun and addicting multi-player experience. While not an innovative title and adds nothing we never saw in the previous Halo titles, it's still a fun game to play through and if you invite your friends over, prepare to spend hours in this game.
  81. Jan 7, 2014
    It's pretty clear that 343 put a great deal of effort into the game. The production values are extremely high, and it's one of the best-looking games on the market even after the release of the Xbox One and PS4. The sound is mostly great as well. The gameplay is almost identical to past Halo games, which is a good thing, but you may be a little tired of it by now if you'd played all theIt's pretty clear that 343 put a great deal of effort into the game. The production values are extremely high, and it's one of the best-looking games on the market even after the release of the Xbox One and PS4. The sound is mostly great as well. The gameplay is almost identical to past Halo games, which is a good thing, but you may be a little tired of it by now if you'd played all the other games in the series. I'm only taking off a couple points for the rehashed gameplay and a couple weird moments in co-op, like trying to get through the scripted vehicle sections and having your character randomly explode because the other player died. Overall it's still one of the best shooters you can get for a console. Expand
  82. Jan 3, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. As a recent Halo fan (having been introduced to the series last September with Halo CEA), I have loved the series for being the first FPS I truly respect. So, when I saw that there were even MORE Halo games, I immediately ordered all. I was expecting to enjoy 3 the most after all, I heard from a lot of forums that Halo 3 was the best game in the series, that it is unsurpassed, and that Halo 4 is way worse than that.

Is it me or did they wear nostalgia glasses? Halo 3 bored me.

From the beginning, I was bored. In the middle, I was bored. Near the end, they even screwed it up and turned the game from an epic defense of the Earth to a trip to the Ark. They should have closed the Earth storyline and focused on the ark here, because story progression was bad. No offense Bungie but I'm disappointed. If anything the best Bungie game in the series was Halo Reach, which was NEAR PERFECT, so I didn't get why people dissed it.

What they dissed even more was Halo 4. They say all sorts of things it sucks, it's CoD with a Halo paintjob, it has the worst campaign, they totally ruined multiplayer, and 3 looks better than 4 (no kidding, I saw this in the forums). However, reading critic reviews I expected much from it.

So I booted it up... and played... and didn't stop because I couldn't stop.

It was amazing. The visuals are among the best I've seen it can't beat Crysis on a technical level but I prefer Halo 4 in art style and lighting. I particularly liked how the environments have massive detail and feel open, unlike the closed style of many earlier games (even the amazing Halo CE had some disappointing corridor shooting scenes). The AI was great, and the Prometheans (new enemies) got you on your toes. The soundtrack was amazing, I actually prefer its emotional and atmospheric style to the Halo CE soundtrack (which was amazing but set some battles in elevator music). Multiplayer was good it's not perfect (personal loadouts are a bad thing), but it's fun

But what really wowed me was the story. I liked the progression. Maybe it's because I'm familiar with Halo, but I didn't find it convulted. In fact, it progressed beautifully, with all the plot twists being carefully placed. The only other games I know that match it are Halo CE and Halo Reach. The main story is that Master Chief and Cortana on a torn spaceship Forward Unto Dawn stumbled upon a Forerunner planet named Reqiuem, home to a race of Forerunner warriors who simply fight all that intrude the planet...

...until the awakening of the Didact, the ruler of the Forerunner warrior caste, who commands his Promethean army against Humanity. Though at first Master Chief seems to succeed, things turn bad when the Didact was able to retrieve the Composer, a Forerunner device used to turn sentient beings from organic flesh to digital data. At first the device was used to convert beings to AI, saving them from the Flood (an infection that brainwashes, mutates and commands life it eats), but when turned back to organic the people would be horrifying abominations. The Didact still believed in its use, unlike the Librarian who decided to support the Halo Array and start the galaxy from scratch.

The Composer, retrieved by the Ivanoff Research Station orbiting Halo Installation 03, was snatched from the station by the Didact, and despite the Chief's struggle to save the scientists, the Composer was activated and obliterated all humans the weapon was aimed at. Luckily, the Chief's augmentations from the Spartan-II program and the genetic evolution acceleration received from the Librarian helped him survive the blast, but he was blacked out. As he wakes up, he discovers that the Didact was moving the Composer to Earth, about to obliterate humanity. When the Chief gets there, he was able to stop some systems, but too late the Composer was activated and aimed at the city of New Phoenix, its citizens all obliterated by the weapon. To stop the Composer from disintegrating the rest of humanity, he primes a nuke into the Composer, to sacrifice himself...

What happens next I shall not spoil for maximum impact.

However, what truly amazes me is the relationship of John-117 (Master Chief) and Cortana. Not love, but their dependence on each other and how they reach a goal. In the story, Cortana falls into rampancy she exceeded her operational capacity and age, and is breaking down due to malfunctions. As the Chief struggles to get her back to Earth to allow her creator (Dr. Halsey) to find a solution, they discover what it means to be human, and what it means to be a machine. Cortana truly wanted to be human but being artificial intelligence, there really was a barrier. The Chief is human, but is like a machine fulfilling all duties. Who is human, and who is machine, then?

It is this existential pondering that truly makes Halo 4 beautiful. It's not perfect, but it doesn't deserve a 9. It's not flawless, but it proved 343 is worthy.

Screw the forums.
  83. Dec 31, 2013
    A worthy entry into the acclaimed series, Halo 4 is an exciting and intense first-person shooter. The game offers little in the way of new enemies, its main drawback and appears to substitute the games expansive environments for spectacular visuals. The game runs very smoothly and the narrative is fantastic. O'Donnell's classic score and theme are missing and replaced with a moreA worthy entry into the acclaimed series, Halo 4 is an exciting and intense first-person shooter. The game offers little in the way of new enemies, its main drawback and appears to substitute the games expansive environments for spectacular visuals. The game runs very smoothly and the narrative is fantastic. O'Donnell's classic score and theme are missing and replaced with a more generic soundtrack. Expand
  84. Dec 31, 2013
    Halo 4 Typed Review By Tanner Warren

Halo 4 Typed Review By Tanner Warren

When it comes to Halo 4, there is no denying that it has become the greatest of the great when it comes to multiplayer kick butt action but I found the campaign to be lack-luster final thought. It almost seems like 343 knew that the Halo fan base wouldn't like a new company taking charge of there beloved game the hold so fondly to there hearts so they added in the return of John 177 or Master Chief as he's more commonly known, to reach a new level of hype surrounding Halo since the original game. The graphics were stunning and topped Black ops 2, MW3, and Battlefield 3 (The Xbox versions). As for the things I didn't like, pop in textures were a problem for me as well as the fact that it felt less detailed than Halo Reach. All of this in consideration, I give it a awesome score of 8/10 For graphics and textures!

As for multiplayer gameplay, Halo 4 has a wide variety of maps and game modes with enough action to keep you hooked for hundreds of hours. I was shocked and a little excited to hear that multiplayer was now supporting custom loadouts and armor abilities. The ability to chose which guns and gear you want instead of scavenging for it is great. Some may say it is becoming to much like Call of Duty with the loudouts, but I believe its a step in the right direction. However the new ordnance feature feels a little out of place. In a game based on strategy and quick thinking, it feels wrong to call in a noobie one shot weapon like the binary rifle. Oh and speaking of noobish weaponry, how about them bolt-shots. If your going to let us have a secondary "pocket shotgun" then why not let us have a real shotty. There is also a spartan ops mini campaign that ties up the lose ends. Spartan ops consisting of 10 episodes with 5 chapters ranging form 10-20 minutes depending on the difficulty and number of players. All this in consideration, I give multiplayer gameplay a 8/10!

Unlike the multiplayer, the campaign felt short and predictable. At all times I felt myself using the same tactics. Shoot the watchers at long range, move in and kill all the runners by shooting in the head and then take out the knights in single combat. As for the final boss fight? A quicktime event leaving us with a cheesy cliffhanger ending encouraging us to spend $499.99 on an Xbox one and wait for Halo 5 to conclude what the heck just happened with Master Chief. I regretfully give Halo 4's campaign a 4/10.

Moving on to sound, the guns feel much more meaty and satisfying to shoot! The Halo orchestra really out did themselves with the music for this one! I felt like I was marching off to war against the filthy covenant! So basically, THE SOUND WAS FREAKING AWESOME! I give the sound a Bass drop'n 10/10!

The multiplayer in Halo 4 was very addictive and hard to pass up. Even as I bought and played new games such as X-COM, I found myself putting in my Halo 4 disc within minuets giving the lasting appeal another awesome 9/10.

Rounding Halo 4's total to a great score of 8/10! A truly epic game!

-Tanner Warren
  85. Dec 26, 2013
    Halo 4 is one of the best Halo games ever made...343i did a very good job... unfortunately the gameplay is very similar to others game of the series, but is still solid and very fun. The plot is emotionally engaging end the Team worked a lot on the characters personality...
    The Multiplayer introduces new elements and is continuously balanced by the team.
    This Halo is a product of Talent
    This Halo is a product of Talent and Passion, Good Job 343i... Buy it!
    In my opinion the most approrpiate rate is 9.5 ;)
    0, 3, 4, etc. have no sense
  86. Dec 7, 2013
    It's a Halo game which mean it carries a lot on it's shoulders but it's a gem of a game. Short campaign, but what it lacks in quantity makes it up in quality for which it delivers an enthralling campaign which junctions perfectly from Bungie's Halo. Although the campaign is amazing, the multiplayer is weak with only a small amount of game time could be spent until boredom catches up.It's a Halo game which mean it carries a lot on it's shoulders but it's a gem of a game. Short campaign, but what it lacks in quantity makes it up in quality for which it delivers an enthralling campaign which junctions perfectly from Bungie's Halo. Although the campaign is amazing, the multiplayer is weak with only a small amount of game time could be spent until boredom catches up. Nevertheless, you have new multiplayers features to deter you from completely putting the game down. Expand
  87. Dec 7, 2013
    A terrific game, 343 did a really good job with the storyline and enemy/weapon design. Although it would've been nice if there where more levels. The ending left me wanting more, and after seeing what 343 could do I have high hopes for Halo5
  88. Dec 6, 2013
    It's an Amazing game! Definitely worth a 10! It's campaign, like all Halo games is amazing with the best graphics you can get on the Xbox 360. If you're done with the campaign there's a healthy and fun multiplayer which you can play for a longer time than COD. Trust m,e the multiplayer beats that of COD.
  89. Nov 30, 2013
    Definitely lives up to the standard of this franchise. The campaign is intriguing, interesting and engaging as ever; they even correctly referenced the ending of Halo 3 in the beginning of Halo 4. The plot is kind of slow in the beginning, but easily picks up in a little over half an hour, and new weapons and abilities are sprinkled throughout. The ending [NO spoiler] is very reminiscentDefinitely lives up to the standard of this franchise. The campaign is intriguing, interesting and engaging as ever; they even correctly referenced the ending of Halo 3 in the beginning of Halo 4. The plot is kind of slow in the beginning, but easily picks up in a little over half an hour, and new weapons and abilities are sprinkled throughout. The ending [NO spoiler] is very reminiscent of a Bioshock game, and sets the game up for an epic sequel.

The graphics are probably one of the best features of this game. Visually stunning, 343 has improved the game engine drastically, with better shadows, lighting, lens flares, anti-aliasing, textures, and many other great things. Whether you melee an enemy or fire a rocket at a moving car, you can feel the kick from the weapon and hear a satisfying crack as you break a hole in your enemy's skull, all without audio spam.

The soundtrack is superb, as should be expected for a Halo game. In order to fully understand why, you have to listen to it yourself. Epic, expanding, and fitting for the mood of Halo, you won't be disappointed by the audio in this game.

Finally, the multiplayer has been improved and refined in many ways. While the maps may be a little lackluster, weapon loadouts and 343's own take on perks will keep the game fresh and exhilarating, and an HD remake of the classic Halo 3 map Valhalla will trigger your nostalgia.

Overall, a visually well-crafted game with few cons and many pros that will leave you satisfied with the series, game, and what is to come.
  90. Nov 21, 2013
    when I first got this game home, I was breathless on its graphics and story, halo 4 is a step up from reach, up to the end of 2013 I still play halo 4 multiplayer this game is meant to last you years, the only problem is I wished it was a longer game, but over all its perfect in my opinion.
  91. Nov 19, 2013
    Adorei esse jogo. Perfeito na minha opinião. Graficos muito bons e história aprofundada. Nunca imaginei que Halo cresceria tanto. Um jogo indispensável para os amanter da serie e do console Xbox
  92. Nov 18, 2013
    Best looking game of the 7th generation, and a great installment in the Halo saga. 343 Industries really outdid themselves. The story is great! The emotional connection between Chief and Cortana is strong as ever. The enemy is real, and dangerous, and adds to the universe of Halo bunches. If you area a true Halo fan(yes, played all of them, including Wars), or a fan of FPS, you'll love it.
  93. Nov 14, 2013
    Graphics: Graphics are updated compared to Reach but they are still not on par with other best looking console titles. 9.
    Sound: Nice Halo soundtrack, voice acting was good, no complains. 10.
    Sound: Nice Halo soundtrack, voice acting was good, no complains. 10.
    Gameplay: It feels more accessible, the controls seem to have changed similar to Cod. Although it’s still the Halo flavor, and the online is still competitive and better than other FPS shooters. The game adds newer promethean weapons which I had a blast with; it’s a really polished Halo title, and probably the best yet. Biggest disappointment, no boss battles! Also, the gameplay is mainly fun in co-op, solo would need more of a mix up. 8.5.
    Story: The story is much more interesting than any of the previous Halo’s but that’s not saying much. Master Chief is back, new planet, new species, new main boss enemy, but disappointing ending. 8.0.
    Lasting Appeal: The game is worth the purchase, campaign, Spartan ops, and a competitive multiplayer much better than Call of Duty Black Ops 2. 10.
    Overall Score: 9.1 out of 10.
  94. Nov 11, 2013
    this game rocks a amazing feeling when you play al the fun mods brouht in a playlist

Graphics: 10/10 Absolutely gorgeous. Cut scenes are better than Wars. Story: 9.5 Greg Bear definitely had a large part in this. Gameplay: 9.5 Slightly repetitive but it kept me interested throughout. Multiplayer: 9.5 Very, very fun, much better than Reach. Dialogue: 10 Brilliant Writing.

Graphics: 10/10
    Absolutely gorgeous. Cut scenes are better than Wars.
    Story: 9.5
    Greg Bear definitely had a large part in this.
    Gameplay: 9.5
    Slightly repetitive but it kept me interested throughout.
    Multiplayer: 9.5
    Very, very fun, much better than Reach.
    Dialogue: 10
    Brilliant Writing.
    Soundtrack: 9.5
    Average is above 9.5, so it rounds up to 10.
  95. Nov 8, 2013
    I prefer Halo Reach over Halo 4, but id still play either. For a new developer putting on Bungie's shoes, they did a good job. The graphics are good but the character models are bland. 8/10 Also worth mentioning, the game still feels like Halo.
  96. Nov 5, 2013
    For fans of the Halo universe, this is an excellent continuation of Halo's epic story. The graphics are top of the line for 2012. The mechanics are extremely refined and well optimized for combat. Multiplayer offers a variety of game types and maps along with a multitude of weapons. Every weapon has its strengths and weaknesses that can be used for many creative strategies. This gameFor fans of the Halo universe, this is an excellent continuation of Halo's epic story. The graphics are top of the line for 2012. The mechanics are extremely refined and well optimized for combat. Multiplayer offers a variety of game types and maps along with a multitude of weapons. Every weapon has its strengths and weaknesses that can be used for many creative strategies. This game pushes you to be creative in combat and try new ideas. Have fun. I know I did. Expand
  97. Oct 26, 2013
    This game is great, it has the right amount of change that makes the game outstanding! This is the best halo game, and easily has the best multiplayer mode of all time!
  98. Oct 14, 2013
    Amazing game. Lots of hours expend in MP, outstanding campaign, and gorgeous. I don't imagine that's graphics on Xbox 360. Must have for 360's owners.
  99. Oct 14, 2013
    Halo 4 is an extremley amazing game that adds many new features,enemies,guns and multiplayer modes. The campaign is a great expirience and it tells a great story through very well done cutscenes. The graphics in Halo 4 are also very stunning. This a must buy for FPS fans.
  100. Oct 12, 2013
    343 have made the Halo game I wanted from them, enough new that it keeps it fresh but stayed true to what makes Halo, Halo. Its by no means perfect, but its a solid game that had me gripped during the campaign and I cant wait to see where it goes next. After an emotional and satisfying end to the game it reassured me that 343 know what they are doing and Halo is in safe hands. Well done343 have made the Halo game I wanted from them, enough new that it keeps it fresh but stayed true to what makes Halo, Halo. Its by no means perfect, but its a solid game that had me gripped during the campaign and I cant wait to see where it goes next. After an emotional and satisfying end to the game it reassured me that 343 know what they are doing and Halo is in safe hands. Well done 343, I hope you can continue down this path. Expand

1. Hyper Magazine