Halo 4 Xbox 360

7.0

1. Mar 2, 2017
    I'm giving this a **** because compared to the other Halo games this one is garbage. Everything unique and fun in the Halo series was taken out in favor of popular elements from other fps games. They managed to jumble everything together into a game that just doesn't play well. It's like Call of Duty with exo suits... which is actually another game that exists, and could even be betterI'm giving this a **** because compared to the other Halo games this one is garbage. Everything unique and fun in the Halo series was taken out in favor of popular elements from other fps games. They managed to jumble everything together into a game that just doesn't play well. It's like Call of Duty with exo suits... which is actually another game that exists, and could even be better than Halo. Breaks my heart.

The only positives are the graphics and campaign was pretty good in the story department, but still a complete departure from the normal open style of Halo campaigns.
  2. Jan 25, 2017
    I hate to use the word "overrated" but that may be the best way to describe Halo 4.

Campaign: I hesitate to call Halo 4's campaign a mixed bag as the bad outweighs the good by a notable margin in my opinion. Halo 4's story is good and the ending is genuinely emotional (at least if you played it before Halo 5 came out) but the gameplay often falls flat on its face. But before we get to

Campaign:
    I hesitate to call Halo 4's campaign a mixed bag as the bad outweighs the good by a notable margin in my opinion. Halo 4's story is good and the ending is genuinely emotional (at least if you played it before Halo 5 came out) but the gameplay often falls flat on its face. But before we get to that lets address the elephant in the room, the art style change. This game looks awful in comparison to Halo 3 and its all because 343 decided to change Bungie's art style. Master Chief looks 3x as bulky as he did previously, elites look and sound brutish and dumb, grunts are too ugly, Cortana is overly sexualized, Forerunner structures are overly detailed and boring, so on and so forth. Now onto gameplay. Halo 4's campaign has two main problems: stupid cinematic QTE moments that ruin pacing and serve as the final boss, and the Prometheans. The Prometheans replace the Flood in Halo 4 and they're boring bullet sponges with only one strategy for taking them down. Shoot them till they die. The crawlers are the only good ones because they go down with a single headshot and they're satisfying to kill. The Covenant are fine but brutes, drones and skirmishers are gone. This game is also a complete trainwreck on legendary. You also get to fly a pelican but it sucks because you only fight phantoms. The soundtrack is pretty good, though some tracks feel a little too much like Star Wars or Mass Effect rather than Halo.

Multiplayer:
    The multiplayer is terrible. Halo 4's multiplayer has customisable loadouts with perks and really bad killstreaks that are just power ups and power weapons. All the returning armour pieces look inferior to Reach's and only a handful of the new ones are decent. Honestly, the multiplayer is so boring that its not even worth talking about in detail but I will say that forge sucks and so does the physics engine.

Spartan Ops:
    Spartan Ops is Firefight's replacement. Its pretty much just a longer campaign and it suffers from all the same problems except here you get to to play as your own spartan, earn XP, and can respawn infinitely regardless of difficulty. Theres not much more I can say about except that it has a decent story and really good cutscenes.

Overall, Halo 4 is an incredibly disappointing game and I would go as far as to say its bad. Though I will give it credit for one thing: it snapped me out of my Halo fanboyism.
  3. Jan 19, 2017
    J'ai terminé la campagne en 6h, une durée très respectable pour un jeu de ce genre, du genre à tirer sur des trucs pendant des heures comme tous les jeux de ce type, les jeux de tir en vue subjective. Et comme tous les jeux de cet acabit, heureusement que ce n'est pas plus long, car on en ferait une crise d'épilepsie de Parkinson.

Tirer sur ces saloperies de cabots, sur ces merdes

Tirer sur ces saloperies de cabots, sur ces merdes volantes qui se barrent au premier coup de laser pour revenir te soûler, vider des chargeurs sur ces machins aliens (non pas de vrais "aliens", ils ne poussent pas ces cris affreux qui font rire) juste des "Forerunners" ou je sais pas quoi, j'avoue que j'ai pas bien compris le pourquoi du comment de cette histoire. Apparemment la merde volait très bas et on vous a (r)appelé pour nettoyer. Encore.

Sans parler des Convenants, des Covenants pardon, des hordes entières à tuer, mitrailler, grenader, anéantir. Dire que certains pisse-copie osent critiquer la répétition de certains jeux de rôle... quoique, ça dépend desquels il est vrai. Mais tout de même, dans le genre, je tire, je tire, je tire... gnééé boum boum taratata piou piou attention t'as un filet de bave sur le coin de la bouche c'est dégueulasse.

Y a même un passage Starre Varses genre étoile pas claire où faut zigzaguer putain ça m'a cassé les couilles j'te raconte pas.

Cela étant, on mesure les progrès accomplis tout en restant fidèle à la licence, d'immenses progrès et tout cela grâce à 343 Industries, le nouveau studio dédié à Halo par Microsoft tandis que Bungie est allé torcher son pay2win fermier avec la bénédiction d'Activitron. Une page se tourne et on ne la regrettera pas à dire vrai.

343 a donc virilisé Halo et a fait d'un jeu adolescent un jeu adulte. Je parlais de "piou piou" plus haut mais c'est inexact : ça c'était chez Bungie. Chez 343, la moindre pétoire (et il y en a beaucoup) est désormais incroyablement crédible, comme si tout-à-coup le jeu tout entier et tout ce qui l'accompagne s'était vu pousser des balloches commack mec. Ainsi toute l'ambiance sonore est méconnaissable, les couleurs criardes ont dégagé, le ton général est indéniablement plus mature. Même Cortana est devenue une sex machine euh un sex symbol digital.

Et quelle réalisation ! Halo Reach m'avait paru sensiblement plus beau (ou moins laid) que les précédents mais Halo 4 leur a mis 10 ans dans la gueule. Quasiment une génération d'écart, pas moins. Bref, une belle baffe graphique et qui tient la route, dans la campagne tout du moins. Comme 343 ne fait pas les choses à moitié, de magnifiques scènes cinématiques en remettent encore une couche alors que Bungie est déjà à terre et en terre.

Chose encore plus étonnante, même le multi-joueurs est devenu fréquentable et carrément bien plus agréable qu'un Call of Duty. Le hic, c'est que ça tourne à plus ou moins à 30 im/s (plutôt moins selon l'action à l'écran) et l'absence de serveur dédié (comme les COD d'ailleurs) est vraiment dommageable. En outre, les cartes sont nettement moins belles que dans la campagne...

Voilà. Contre toute attente, Halo 4 est bon. Pas extraordinaire malgré ses graphismes mirifiques, son excellente VF, ses temps de chargement réduits, sa musique passe-partout. Celle de Bungie était mieux. Quand même. Mais Bungie, c'est pour les gamins.
  4. Dec 19, 2016
    No merce nor a poor 3, The game is boring and monotonous, the levels are poorly made, the artificial intelligence coverings and the placement of weapons are bad, The music is not very good although it has two or three tracks that are quite good The others scratch the absurd, and the story is very badly told, I feel it could have been better, even spartan ops has a better story. I put aNo merce nor a poor 3, The game is boring and monotonous, the levels are poorly made, the artificial intelligence coverings and the placement of weapons are bad, The music is not very good although it has two or three tracks that are quite good The others scratch the absurd, and the story is very badly told, I feel it could have been better, even spartan ops has a better story. I put a zero because I refuse to accept this as a halo. Expand
  5. Dec 8, 2016
    It is just an ordinary 1st person shooter game, nothing more will you ever hope to find out in halo 4.
    I found it difficult to like the storyline of the campaign and the sound effect is poor, therefore i have to admit that it has a very smooth graphic!
  6. Sep 23, 2016
    I'm just writing at least 150 characters because I wanted to save this review in a more convenient way to look back at scores that I had given stuff as a user.
  7. Aug 19, 2016
    This is the best playing halo from 1 to 4 including osdt and reach, you can sprint, you have more heapons a really nice story, awesome graphics even for these days standards. And a very good multplayer. The best halo so far.
  8. Jul 26, 2016
    Uno de los juegos mas importantes del catalogo de Xbox 360, gráficamente es el juego que mas le saca provecho a su Hardware, jugablemente es una delicia y a pesar de no tener una historia como los anteriores si hace que quieras llegar al final, para mi solo es superado por Halo Reach.
  9. Jul 4, 2016
    I was very surprised in how much I would love this game. The single player steals the show as it shows a story not about master chief, but cortanas. The stronger bond that develops between the two is something the original trilogy did, but not as much. The story itself though works in everyway, except you have to know a few things from the expanded lore. The multiplayer is pretty good. TheI was very surprised in how much I would love this game. The single player steals the show as it shows a story not about master chief, but cortanas. The stronger bond that develops between the two is something the original trilogy did, but not as much. The story itself though works in everyway, except you have to know a few things from the expanded lore. The multiplayer is pretty good. The reason why people didn't like it because it had a few cod perks in it, which is a bit annoying, but something I got over of. And the new Spartan ops mode is fun to play with freinds, but it loses replayibility after you beat the story. Overall, halo 4 is honestly my favourite game in the series. Expand
  10. Jun 29, 2016
    Short summary: 343 took Halo to a new level. I'm fan since Halo CE on original XBox from 2001 and I love what 343 created new for the next trilogy. Love the new campaign such as the multiplayer, which is in my opinion the best FPS MP on Xbox 360 I've ever played. Really great job!
  11. May 13, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Halo 4, what an incredible game, so underrated because of how it changed everything that was great about the first 3, but maybe that's a good thing, maybe the halo franchise needed that kind of change to make it incredible. First of all, the graphics are stunning, some of the best graphics I have ever seen of the Xbox 360. Secondly, the story is really good, because instead of focusing on the covenant race trying to destroy the halo rings, it focuses on Cortana's (Master Chief's AI companion) story, along with a new threat that appears called the promethean race. The gameplay of Halo 4 is better than ever with incredible new gun sounds along with new guns and perks. Finally, there the multiplayer, the multiplayer is incredible with tons of new game modes, but whats new in the multiplayer is the amount of customization. Everything from armour skins, weapons and emblems. Overall halo 4 is stunning, its my best game ever and its an incredible entry to the series. Expand
  12. May 6, 2016
    needs more designing done on views, 1st your peripheral vision is narrowed to nill, 2nd your gun blocks your entire view of enemy when melee attack so your odds of being killer are great if in fast action play if you miss your attacker due to lack of seeing his movement
  13. May 1, 2016
    I like the story and how the added the forerunner as the enemy but the ending of the game was super stupid I hate the boss fight it took my very 1st try to beat the dud.I love the multiplayer but the living dead or flood did not feel as fun as halo reach living dead.The spartan ops I liked how it added more too the story .
  14. Apr 17, 2016
    Es un juego bastante bueno. Los gráficos son bastante buenos y su jugabilidad es igual de fácil de acostumbrarse como las anteriores entregas.
    Lo que no me gustó, fue el echo de que los rangos del multi-jugador son pocos y son fáciles de pasar; yo llegué al rango máximo en menos de 6 meses.
    También, lo que me no me gustó principalmente en la campaña. Es que, revivieron a personajes que se supone que deberían de estar extintos y esto es con el pretexto de sacar mas entregas.
  15. Mar 24, 2016
    This is best Xbox 360 execlusive . This is amazing game . Amazyng storyline , very very good gameplay and this game one of best of 2012 . Halo 4 better than Halo reach . This is best Halo game with Halo 2 in my opinion . Halo 4 one of bestselling Xbox 360 game .
  16. Feb 28, 2016
    Decent campaign nothing special or memorable but it could be worse. The game looks great graphically and the online play was quite similar to Call of Duty with create a class and perks which was a step back when it came to balancing. New weapons and vehicles were a great edition to the game like the rail gun and mantis. Over all Halo 4 was a semi good entry to the Halo series
  17. Feb 24, 2016
    esse jogo foi o melhor jogo fps que já joguei até hoje. o jogo tem tudo de bom: ótima história, boa jogabilidade, ótima trilha sonora, bons gráficos e um ótimo multiplayer. esse jogo da pra salvar com os amigos, poucos jogos da pra fazer isso, e esse é um dos poucos jogos de fps que da pra fazer isso. esse é o mestre dos jogos fps.
  18. Feb 21, 2016
    Bom !
    Teve evolução gráfica porem achei que a maioria do jogo se passa em ambientes mais fechados que se comparado aos jogos anteriores.
    Pode se encontrar o jogo dublado em português .
  19. Jan 31, 2016
    halo 4 is already apotheosis. Already how much this universe has been released from games. And halo 4 is very similar to the first part. This remake just scored mountains of pros and shortcomings. The game is insanely beautiful. Best cutscene, good localization, voice over, and plants with animals. However, though promethazi funny, dogs just spoil the gameplay. The music is not too bad,halo 4 is already apotheosis. Already how much this universe has been released from games. And halo 4 is very similar to the first part. This remake just scored mountains of pros and shortcomings. The game is insanely beautiful. Best cutscene, good localization, voice over, and plants with animals. However, though promethazi funny, dogs just spoil the gameplay. The music is not too bad, but sometimes it's annoying. New main enemy is an idiot and moves on a giant red ball the size of a planet. This excuse is senility. Together with prometazine a new weapon and it is by the way very unusual. He has a very cool sight. The arms moved apart and moved when aiming. Also there is a new gun and almost sniper rifle. But now the Covenant are less intelligent and fatter. The only assistant cortana. And the multiplayer was very dynamic and with high system throughput. And he's cool. He played a crucial role in the assessment. Also there will be a cooperative company of several seasons under the name spartan ops.

halo 4 это уже апофеоз. Уже сколько всего по этой вселенной было выпущено из игр. И halo 4 очень напоминает первую часть. Этот ремейк просто забит горами плюсов и недочётов. В игре безумно всё красиво. Лучшие катсцены, хорошая локализация, озвучка и растения с животными. Однако хоть прометейцы и прикольные, собаки просто портят геймплей. Музыка тоже не плохая, но иногда она бесит. Новый главный враг идиот и перемещается на гигантском красном шаре размером с планету. Это извините маразм. Вместе с прометейцами появилось новое оружие и оно кстати очень необычное. У него очень прикольный прицел. Оружие раздвигается и сдвигается при прицеливании. Также там есть новый пистолет и почти снайперская винтовка. Но теперь Ковенанты менее умные и более жирные. Помощник только Кортана. А мультиплеер оказался очень динамичным и с большой системой прокачки. И он крут. Он и сыграл в решающую роль в оценке. Также появится кооперативная компания из нескольких сезонов под названием spartan ops. От меня 7-8 баллов.
  20. Jan 14, 2016
    Pretty much what you'd expect from another Halo game. If you liked Halo 3 and Halo Reach and all the other games, you'll enjoy this one. If you weren't a fan of the others this won't do anything to change your view.
  21. Dec 4, 2015
    343 da continuidade a majestosa obra de arte criada pela Bungie. A campanha do jogo foi aproveitadora pra mim, joguei pela primeira vez em nível normal, e agora iniciei a campanha em nível "Lendário" a forma como a 343 deu continuação ao que era pra ser uma trilogia não agradou muito os fãs, para alguns o game tem uma campanha "chata" e para outros foi satisfatório. O multiplayer bem mais343 da continuidade a majestosa obra de arte criada pela Bungie. A campanha do jogo foi aproveitadora pra mim, joguei pela primeira vez em nível normal, e agora iniciei a campanha em nível "Lendário" a forma como a 343 deu continuação ao que era pra ser uma trilogia não agradou muito os fãs, para alguns o game tem uma campanha "chata" e para outros foi satisfatório. O multiplayer bem mais rápido e dinâmico que o dos games anteriores me agradou bastante, confesso que estou viciado, joguei por meses o multiplayer de Halo: Reach (considerado por mim como o melhor Halo) e o online de Halo 4 me agradou muito. A ambientação, a qualidade gráfica e os cenários são excepcionais, assim como Halo deve ser, e quanto a trilha sonora do jogo: Impecável !!! Não sou bom com críticas, e creio que muitos mentem na hora de uma review para defenderem algo que gosta, mas Halo 4 é digno de uma nota final 9/10, em minha análise. Expand
  22. Nov 21, 2015
    O Halo mais 'mahomenos' da série depois do Halo 5? Talvez. Halo 4 possui excelentes gráficos, senão, os gráficos mais bonitos que já vi. A jogabilidade se mantém no estilo dos Halo's anteriores. O multiplayer do jogo é excelente, recomendo a todos jogar. A trilha sonora se mantém no nível extremo da saga Halo, ÉPICA. O ponte negativo e Halo 4 é a história, focando naquele 'romance' doO Halo mais 'mahomenos' da série depois do Halo 5? Talvez. Halo 4 possui excelentes gráficos, senão, os gráficos mais bonitos que já vi. A jogabilidade se mantém no estilo dos Halo's anteriores. O multiplayer do jogo é excelente, recomendo a todos jogar. A trilha sonora se mantém no nível extremo da saga Halo, ÉPICA. O ponte negativo e Halo 4 é a história, focando naquele 'romance' do Master Chief com a Cortana.

História: 8/10
    Gráficos: 10/10
    Jogabilidade: 10/10
    Desempenho: 10/10
    Trilha sonora: 10/10
  23. Nov 19, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Halo 4, compared to its predecessors, has a darker storyline and improved graphics. But Halo 4 dosent include the Firefight mode, witch is replaced with Spartan Ops, a broken storyline of missions that dont serve any purpose what so ever. Halo 4 dosent have the kick the other Halo gamed had. I played Halo: Reach for 2 years, then Halo 4 came out and I didnt want to play it after a few months. It dosent have any staying power. The storyline is a weird and nothing is explained on why the Covenant is your enemy again. Expand
  24. Nov 12, 2015
    If you thought Halo: Reach was a bad game with bad maps, bad vehicles, horrible guns, unbalanced, and doesn't even feel like a halo game, then not to worry, Halo 4 is even worse!

Yet another designed by committee uncompetitive FPS with seemingly endless unlockable dressup doll parts to deck out your Spartan with to keep the MMO types hooked for a year... Halo is a failed series

Halo is a failed series because the developers abandoned everything about the series that made it unique, instead choosing to copy the inferior series Call of Duty, which is exactly why they're unable to compete with the real deal.

343 Retconned the entire single player story, it is laughably convoluted and silly to the point of being campy.

If you wanted a game that was a parody of Halo 1-3, here it is!
  25. Nov 6, 2015
    Halo 4 is a very odd beast in that it has completely divided fans, with some proclaiming it as the best in the series thus far and others lambasting it as one of the most uninspired shooters ever made. And while both sides have valid arguments to be had, I can safely confirm that Halo 4 is neither incredible, nor abysmal - rather, it lies somewhere comfortably in the middle.

The game's

The game's main issue comes from its profound lack of originality. With the exception of ODST, every Halo game thus far has added something new to the formula, and the fourth entry is desperately needing something to call its own. Even the multiplayer seems to be borrowing heavily from similarly-themed FPS's such as Call of Duty.

Yet do these things detract from the fun? Not at all. The graphics are absolutely drop-dead gorgeous, and sound design is top-notch. As for the score, newcomer Neil Davidge unfortunately fails to deliver, but it's hard not to get swept up in the spectacle anyway.

The campaign is great, adding welcome new elements that bring a much needed layer of depth to proceedings. The piffle involving the Prometheans is predictably trite and convoluted, but the newfound humanity brought to both the Master Chief and Cortana is very clever, well-written, and surprisingly heartfelt. As for multiplayer, while the lack of originality is at its worst here, it's still an incredibly fun romp with some interesting new mechanics. Unfortunately maps fail to live up as they are relatively dull (with a few exceptions) and don't really allow for any innovation.

Overall, Halo 4 is an entertaining return for the Master Chief. While several issues still linger, none of them have a significant impact and the end result is a high-octane and occasionally moving journey through Covenant territory. Halo 5 can't come fast enough.
  26. Oct 28, 2015
    After Playing Halo 5 I figured I needed to review this game as the one thing 343 has actually done right. The game and conclusions are fitting with great story telling as well as great game play with traditional tech and new tech like mechs as well as Promethean. I thoroughly enjoyed the story as well as game play and the multiplayer was hands down some of the funnest game play I have hadAfter Playing Halo 5 I figured I needed to review this game as the one thing 343 has actually done right. The game and conclusions are fitting with great story telling as well as great game play with traditional tech and new tech like mechs as well as Promethean. I thoroughly enjoyed the story as well as game play and the multiplayer was hands down some of the funnest game play I have had in a while. Miss the mechs. Expand
  27. Oct 25, 2015
    I actually played this years ago, But on the eve of "Halo 5" I felt I needed to give My two cents for what it"s worth. This game is AMAZING! Having now played through it multiple times and put in a healthy dose of MP, I can honestly say, IT IS THE BEST IN THE SERIES. Yes, 343i IMO made a better Halo game than Bungie ever could. Not that the previous ones were bad by any stretch of theI actually played this years ago, But on the eve of "Halo 5" I felt I needed to give My two cents for what it"s worth. This game is AMAZING! Having now played through it multiple times and put in a healthy dose of MP, I can honestly say, IT IS THE BEST IN THE SERIES. Yes, 343i IMO made a better Halo game than Bungie ever could. Not that the previous ones were bad by any stretch of the imagination (Halo 2 being a close close second) I've just realized without my nostalgia glasses on, That this game takes the cake. I love were this series is going under 343i"s reign, and I am MORE than confident that Halo 5 will set the bar even higher. 10/10, would recommend to anyone with a pulse. Expand
  28. Oct 20, 2015
    2nd best Halo to me behind 3. The gameplay as well as the campaign was very good. I would put this on the same level as 3 but the online community features in this game are lacking. Halo 3 was memorable because of forge and being able to easily share and download maps or game types, which was nonexistent in this.
  29. Sep 20, 2015
    You'll get about 2 weeks out of this lackluster experience. That is, if you're a Halo fan who doesn't enjoy wasting their time. Otherwise, you might get about half that at best. This game comes with a plot heavily inspired by the original Halo and action movies, dull characters (even legacy characters are duller than ever), a much-to-be-desired Multiplayer mode even after the "game fixing"You'll get about 2 weeks out of this lackluster experience. That is, if you're a Halo fan who doesn't enjoy wasting their time. Otherwise, you might get about half that at best. This game comes with a plot heavily inspired by the original Halo and action movies, dull characters (even legacy characters are duller than ever), a much-to-be-desired Multiplayer mode even after the "game fixing" update due to, primarily, mediocre map design and a game-breaking extreme amount of sprint, a painfully executed map editor, and nothing you haven't really seen before, if you're a regular to the sci-fi FPS genre.

So seeing that I totally just shat on this game with my heavily negative opinion, why a 6? Well, unlike most Metacritic users I actually gave this game a fair score and not just pull whatever I was feeling out of my ass and slap it on there. If I was to do that, this would get a 4. It's certainly not worth it's launch price, but hey, if you're in the mood for a mindless action game, and you've got money to spare, buying this isn't a terrible idea.
  30. Sep 12, 2015
    Halo 4 is an epic addition to the halo franchise, the campaign I found somewhat bland in terms of the missions which were a little repetitive but other than that it is absolutely fantastic. This game deserves at least a 7.5 out of 10, I gave it a 10 just to counteract and troll the haters who gave it a zero just to bring the score down.

1. Hyper Magazine