7.0

1. Mar 25, 2017
    Utter **** since Bungie left. I would have given a negative score if possible, just to stop one of these fan-boy's reviews from being taken seriously. I implore you M$oft, just give up on halo and let it die in peace
  2. Mar 2, 2017
    I'm giving this a **** because compared to the other Halo games this one is garbage. Everything unique and fun in the Halo series was taken out in favor of popular elements from other fps games. They managed to jumble everything together into a game that just doesn't play well. It's like Call of Duty with exo suits... which is actually another game that exists, and could even be betterI'm giving this a **** because compared to the other Halo games this one is garbage. Everything unique and fun in the Halo series was taken out in favor of popular elements from other fps games. They managed to jumble everything together into a game that just doesn't play well. It's like Call of Duty with exo suits... which is actually another game that exists, and could even be better than Halo. Breaks my heart.

The only positives are the graphics and campaign was pretty good in the story department, but still a complete departure from the normal open style of Halo campaigns.
  3. Jan 25, 2017
    I hate to use the word "overrated" but that may be the best way to describe Halo 4.

Campaign: I hesitate to call Halo 4's campaign a mixed bag as the bad outweighs the good by a notable margin in my opinion. Halo 4's story is good and the ending is genuinely emotional (at least if you played it before Halo 5 came out) but the gameplay often falls flat on its face. But before we get to

Campaign:
    I hesitate to call Halo 4's campaign a mixed bag as the bad outweighs the good by a notable margin in my opinion. Halo 4's story is good and the ending is genuinely emotional (at least if you played it before Halo 5 came out) but the gameplay often falls flat on its face. But before we get to that lets address the elephant in the room, the art style change. This game looks awful in comparison to Halo 3 and its all because 343 decided to change Bungie's art style. Master Chief looks 3x as bulky as he did previously, elites look and sound brutish and dumb, grunts are too ugly, Cortana is overly sexualized, Forerunner structures are overly detailed and boring, so on and so forth. Now onto gameplay. Halo 4's campaign has two main problems: stupid cinematic QTE moments that ruin pacing and serve as the final boss, and the Prometheans. The Prometheans replace the Flood in Halo 4 and they're boring bullet sponges with only one strategy for taking them down. Shoot them till they die. The crawlers are the only good ones because they go down with a single headshot and they're satisfying to kill. The Covenant are fine but brutes, drones and skirmishers are gone. This game is also a complete trainwreck on legendary. You also get to fly a pelican but it sucks because you only fight phantoms. The soundtrack is pretty good, though some tracks feel a little too much like Star Wars or Mass Effect rather than Halo.

Multiplayer:
    The multiplayer is terrible. Halo 4's multiplayer has customisable loadouts with perks and really bad killstreaks that are just power ups and power weapons. All the returning armour pieces look inferior to Reach's and only a handful of the new ones are decent. Honestly, the multiplayer is so boring that its not even worth talking about in detail but I will say that forge sucks and so does the physics engine.

Spartan Ops:
    Spartan Ops is Firefight's replacement. Its pretty much just a longer campaign and it suffers from all the same problems except here you get to to play as your own spartan, earn XP, and can respawn infinitely regardless of difficulty. Theres not much more I can say about except that it has a decent story and really good cutscenes.

Overall, Halo 4 is an incredibly disappointing game and I would go as far as to say its bad. Though I will give it credit for one thing: it snapped me out of my Halo fanboyism.
  4. Dec 19, 2016
    No merce nor a poor 3, The game is boring and monotonous, the levels are poorly made, the artificial intelligence coverings and the placement of weapons are bad, The music is not very good although it has two or three tracks that are quite good The others scratch the absurd, and the story is very badly told, I feel it could have been better, even spartan ops has a better story. I put aNo merce nor a poor 3, The game is boring and monotonous, the levels are poorly made, the artificial intelligence coverings and the placement of weapons are bad, The music is not very good although it has two or three tracks that are quite good The others scratch the absurd, and the story is very badly told, I feel it could have been better, even spartan ops has a better story. I put a zero because I refuse to accept this as a halo. Expand
  5. Aug 31, 2015
    Halo 3 tied all the loose ends in the Halo lore together then halo 4 throws that knot in a blender and gives it the middle finger.Also i found the multilayer to be mediocre and the forge is no where near as good as the forge in other halo games ive played and completed every single halo but im not planning on purchasing 343's next halo game.
  6. Jul 20, 2015
    I had never been more hyped for a game in my life. And I have also never been so let down. Halo 4 delivered something that made me feel like I was playing call of duty with Halo weapons. Where did they go wrong? To start things off I can honestly say that Halo 4's multiplayer reminded me of a CoD game. It seems that 343 was trying to emulate some of the features like sprinting and customI had never been more hyped for a game in my life. And I have also never been so let down. Halo 4 delivered something that made me feel like I was playing call of duty with Halo weapons. Where did they go wrong? To start things off I can honestly say that Halo 4's multiplayer reminded me of a CoD game. It seems that 343 was trying to emulate some of the features like sprinting and custom classes into this game, which did not work. Speaking of things that did not work there is that ever so simple ranking system that lacked creativity and sense of accomplishment. 1,2,3,4,5........... Ranks going by numbers to me was always something I hated. It took absolutely no skill to even level up, all you had to do was play the game unlike Halo 4's older brother Halo 3 where skill was implemented into your overall rank. But overall the multiplayer was bland and I quickly lost interest in all of the new abilities and gadgets.

Ahhh forge, probably the most bittersweet aspect of the game. Halo 4's forge introduced great new abilities like the "snap" feature which I absolutely loved. It also introduced some great maps to build on as well as tons of options to forge with. However that does not save it from it's errors. Dissapointment stuck me hard when I found that there was no UNSC flying vehicle. Only thing that was even capable of flying was a banshee. But that is nothing compared to that annoying intolerable "generating lighting" screen that pops up when you exit the forge ball. Now I am not sure about you guys but this completely killed my love for forge. Even though it was those few seconds I had to wait after only a few minutes of trying to build something I couldn't take it anymore. It was just so annoying.

The campaign. I am actually completely neutral on this one. I did not think the campaign did an amazing or terrible job of moving along the story, I just think it moved it along. The game play during this was fun I must say but it didn't truly catch my eye.

So with this I score Halo 4 a 4/10. It was an extreme let down to me personally and I really hope that 343 doesn't screw up with Halo 5.
  7. Jul 13, 2015
    As a major fan of the Halo franchise, I was extremely excited for this game, as at the time of it's announcement Halo 3 was (and still is) one of my favorite games ever made. So, how did 343i do witha follow up? Horribly. The game feels like a clone of Call of Duty, with aspects of Metroid Prime, and some ideas from Halo past. The game starts with Master Chief waking up from cryo-stasis,As a major fan of the Halo franchise, I was extremely excited for this game, as at the time of it's announcement Halo 3 was (and still is) one of my favorite games ever made. So, how did 343i do witha follow up? Horribly. The game feels like a clone of Call of Duty, with aspects of Metroid Prime, and some ideas from Halo past. The game starts with Master Chief waking up from cryo-stasis, as shown in Halo 3 and Halo Legends. He then finds out from Cortana that she found an odd planet. A couple of minutes later, they find out the planet is of Promethean origin. I'll leave it there, in case anyone reading this wants to play it. As for the multiplayer, this is where the aforementioned Call of Duty kicks in. The game now relies upon a customized load-out system that you make yourself for multiplayer. While the idea is nice, it was poorly executed, as there are not as many weapons or customization options in Halo, making it feel to flat. In addition, there are now rewards for getting a bunch of points in a row. Sound familiar? Because it is extremely similar to the Kill-Streak system from Call of Duty, except in this you chose between a power up, weapon, or armor ability. In all, Halo 4 was a major disappointment to me and, according to the user score, many others. 4/10 is the highest I could give this game. Expand
  8. Jun 21, 2015
    Dear all, after recently giving in to try 343s recreation of the Halo FPS and playing halo since the first game I think it is worth giving a review of this somewhat lacking game.

First of all the campaign story feels unremarkable and has certainly lost some of the implied scale of the previous trilogy, quick time events, an unremarkable antagonist and a plot held together by string all work to undermine all the Story of the game.

Each character acts to break immersion from the game, for example the librarian tells the Masterchief that she planned his coming many millenia ago, now this breaks the story, how can one individual anticipate the multitude of factors over those years, both genetic and environmental, acting as everything is predetermined undermines the entire experience and makes you want to put down the controller.
    Captain Del Rio is a complete jackass and the MasterChief licks his boots like some dog, it seemed like 343 forget that this game is meant to fulfill the gamers needs and wants and not be this quasi realistic drama where Cortana, a character I loved to hate in all previous titles, is humanised, I couldn't care for her before and especially don't now.

Spartan Ops is repetitive on the same five maps and offers nothing new to the franchise, both it and the campaign seem to be very similar: Go here, Press X, Kill enemies, Press X, Listen to female narration and terrible commentary, end scene.

Multiplayer is unbalanced and far from previous Halos Arena style combat, Everything needs to be more competitive.

Upon writing this review I have completed this game solo on legendary, have a 1.9 K/D on War Games and completed every Spartan Ops episode that came with game.

My final point is this: it seems like Halo 4 brings an end to the creativity of previous Halo titles, and fails to make an emotional impact unlike Halo Reach.

I would say this game is regression to the generic first person shooter and not what Halo is, after sinking many hours into this game I can say it is worth a play and is fun but do not expect the same re playability the older games offered.
    Jun 14, 2015
    Halo 4 is, on its' own, a decent game. However, as a Halo game, it doesn't match up to its' predecessors. The gameplay is more or less solid, to its' credit, but 343 thoroughly butchers the lore of the universe for Halo 4 as well as in the novels surrounding it. Considering the barely tolerable characters like Sarah Palmer, whom is essentially a misogynistic Sergeant Johnson wannabe, theHalo 4 is, on its' own, a decent game. However, as a Halo game, it doesn't match up to its' predecessors. The gameplay is more or less solid, to its' credit, but 343 thoroughly butchers the lore of the universe for Halo 4 as well as in the novels surrounding it. Considering the barely tolerable characters like Sarah Palmer, whom is essentially a misogynistic Sergeant Johnson wannabe, the plot is incredibly cringeworthy, both for Spartan Ops and campaign, with lore issues as well as the cringeworthy acting for the "romance" or whatever nonsense that Chief and Cortana get into.

Multiplayer is pretty solid in the basics but gets to be pretty awful when you interact with any of the call of dutyied game systems added in like prestiege armors or whatever the garbage is that they added. Multiplayer armor designs are also some of the worst ever, resembling power rangers more than military hardware. Most of the helmets have retarded visor designs, or look like wannabe copies of Recon helmets. Mix in the bizzare lack of a codplate and loads of greeble-ey design work and you get armor that generally looks awful.

Overall, better off renting this game if you can, cause it's not worth buying for any long term interest.
  10. May 20, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Want an in-depth explanation for why Halo 4 sucks? Look no further. I always played Halo for the campaign, so that's going to be the main focus of this review. The campaign in Halo 4 pissed me off for a multitude of reasons. First of all, the first thing you notice is the new and innovative introduction of quick time events (press rb to kill elite), and that they brought back the Covenant as an enemy. And not the Covenant from Halo 3, with brutes and no elites. No, they decided to bring back a Covenant that was almost exactly like the one from reach (except with fewer enemy variety), with elites (even though they allied with the UNSC), and all the weapons that the Covenant used in Halo reach, despite that game being a prequel to all of the other Halo games, and therefore the weapons and covenant armor types in that game would be dated by the time Halo 4 rolls around. But the weapons and enemies aren't the only thing dated about Halo 4. The graphics make it look oddly cartoony, the enemy AI is crappy (They don't even reload, so if they have a rocket launcher it gets to be rapid fire), and there are little to no innovations to be found anywhere. Well, unless you count the COD-ification that is rampant in the campaign and multiplayer modes. So, the Covenant sucks. But what about the much-hyped Prometheans? Surely they must be cool? Well... they aren't. There are only four enemy types (unless you count the slight differences n the colors of their back-spikes, which I sure as hell don't). There are only about eight Promethean weapons, which all function just like orange UNSC weapons. Worst of all, there are no Promethean vehicles. Not even giant monsters or anything. Just generic dogs, drones, turrets, and hunchbacked elites. Throughout the campaign, nothing really impressed me. I still remember iconic levels from Halo 3 and Halo Reach ("The Covenant" and "The Ark", anyone?), but this contained none of that. It was all just "go through an area that looks like you're tripping on LSD and hit a button so that you and the naked blue lady can go to a new area". It didn't help that the soundtrack was forgettable. Also, for some reason there was no Arbiter as player 2 (One of the coolest things about Halo 3). Instead, if you want to play with a buddy there's gotta be 2 Master Chiefs. The story also sucked. Basically, this generic alien wants to destroy the world and you have to stop him and the covenant are also there because they weren't creative enough to make a fully fleshed-out forunner faction. The ending is probably the worst part. It involves a single quick time event "boss fight" that makes the fight with Guilty Spark at the end of Halo 3 look like something out of Dark Souls. Then they proceed to kill off Cortana. Freaking Cortana! The Halo story pretty much already ended. Did Bungie give 343 permission to do this? This would be like if a different company made a new lord of the rings movie, and just killed off Gandalf or Legolas at the end. Not only does the campaign suck, 343 also removed Firefight, and replaced it with Spartan Ops, something you can't even use unless you've paid for Xbox Live. The multiplayer is OK I guess, but compared to games like battlefield and COD, Halo needs to actually innovate if it wants to be able to compete with these games. The one thing that pissed me off about it was the fact that you can no longer play as an alien. I gave this game a 4 only because the core gameplay is actually pretty fun, and there are a lot of cool ways you can customize your spartan now. Also, Forge is pretty fun, although still not on par with the map maker of, say, Far Cry (Why can't you spawn enemies or change the weather and terrain? That would be so cool!). Finally, Halo seems to be one of the few games these days that actually gives a **** about splitscreen multiplayer, so I respect it for that. Other than that, you would be better off playing one of the legendary Halo games of old, like Halo 3 or Combat Evolved. Expand
  11. Feb 3, 2015
    I've played previous Halo games that I enjoyed, but this one is not very good. Levels were boring, no new features or game perks. The AI was predictable, and after figuring that out the missions became easy to finish.
  12. Dec 29, 2014
    This was a great game. However the reason that i am giving this game such a low review is because they got rid of firefight!!! Me and my sister had hours of fun through the halo series playing firefight!!! If spartan opp is the same thing then it still stinks because i just cant play it. I have to get Xbox live or something. I don't like this because of what happened after the update. IThis was a great game. However the reason that i am giving this game such a low review is because they got rid of firefight!!! Me and my sister had hours of fun through the halo series playing firefight!!! If spartan opp is the same thing then it still stinks because i just cant play it. I have to get Xbox live or something. I don't like this because of what happened after the update. I got sent back to sr1 after updating!!!! This ruined the game for me. Also during forge, there was a problem. I would be in forge mode and then i would turn back to spartan but i would take forever to make the screen load back.That was annoying. after i got sent back to recruit, i stopped playing this game. Not cool 343. not cool. Expand
  13. Dec 17, 2014
    By far and large the worst Halo game I've ever played. It's definitely in the top 5 worst shooters I have ever played. I loved Halo Reach and made sure to pre-order this game. It looked like it had promise.

Know who else looked like they had promise? Hitler. And look what happened because of him. Halo 4 is a broken, boring pathetic mess that isn't worthy of a 0/10. The story is

Halo 4 is a broken, boring pathetic mess that isn't worthy of a 0/10. The story is predictable, the final boss is.... a single quick time even that gives you 20 seconds to press the button, the controls handle like ass, and the game runs like it was programmed on Windows 95.
    Sure, it has great graphics, but its horrid aesthetic makes it look like the fantasies of a bisexual 13 year old brony. I'm not kidding when I say that it took longer to install the **** game than it did to melt the disk in my microwave.
    Not gonna be buying another 343 game after this pathetic **** mess.
    The campaign is at least acceptable, but dear god.. The multiplayer. Halo has always thrived on being a unique experience. Thus, the "Combat Evolved" part of the first Halo's name. Now, it's more like "Halo: Call of duty RippedOff." Know why? It's a Call of Duty clone with a sci-fi skin, but it has vehicles. Unbalanced vehicles that are easily stronger than 7 assault rifles in one. Need proof? A railgun mounted truck than can instantkill almost any other vehicle from the end of the map with splash damage the size of a tank shell.
    The guns all have no recoil, they are 3-4 hit kills but fire way too fast, sniper rifles are overpowered as **** there is a "killstreak" in the form of ordinance drops containing... more overpowered weapons!
    It's Space CoD but badly executed. The matchmaking is worse than Titanfall's, as you'll have a team of level 1's up against a team of level 130's.
    This isn't mentioning the hackers, either. Over the course of 5 games, I saw 8 hackers. 1 noclipper, 3 godmoders, 2 people spawning in weapons or items and 2 who just nuked the map. That's **** PATHETIC.
    The soundtrack is a generic orchestra track ripped straight from Silence of the Lambs. I have sincerely seen flash games with better music. Spartan Ops, which is essentially just the campaign that removes story in order to make you move from point A to point B and shoot **** I learned more about Halo's backstory from one 3 minute cut scène than I did the entire 10 hour session of Spartan Ops.
    Here's a bit of a TL;DR
    Graphics: 7/10. Great graphics but ****ty aesthetic. I think this was the best part of the game.
    Story: 6/10. Generic and boring BUT innovative and new.
    Gameplay: 3/10. Go here, shoot thing. Nothing beyond this besides the occasional vehicle section with horrible controls. The UNSC vehicles feel like the tires are made out of liquid nitrogen, and the Covenant vehicles feel like there are no longer laws of physics. There are no forerunner vehicles, sadly. 343 was too cheap and just decided to rip all of its vehicles out of Reach, except for the aforementioned overpowered railgun truck of death.
    Multiplayer: 000/10. One zero wasn't enough to describe this **** mess. ****ty matchmaking that has you waiting for 10 minutes to find a game among 3000 other players (it tells you how many people are online in a specific gamemode) repetitive and boring gameplay where the semi-auto and burst guns are overpowered, any explosive is ridiculously overpowered and sniper rifles are gamebreaking, overpowered vehicles, nonexistent objectives besides "Take this flag! It will help the UNSC cause for some reason."
    I think Modern Warfare 3 did multiplayer better. This is inexcusable.
    Dialogue: 6/10. No real complaints. A lot of the lines sounded like they were made by a 2 year old, but halo isn't about dialogue. We're here to kill aliens like the space KKK.
    Soundtrack: 4/10. It works. It fits decently, but it isn't very good.
    That's basically it. I'd take any FPS game over this pitiful excuse of a game made by a company that doesn't give a damn about its customers.
    -Someone whose favorite console is the Xbox 360.
    (If this were ported to PC, it'd get an 8/10. Less hackers, better controls, better frame rate, better community. You name it, PC could do it better.)

You know, I loved the first two halos to death. I personally think Halo: Combat Evolved is a **** masterpiece. So, I was disappointed to find that ODST was better than this. And ODST was some shiiiiit.
    I'll have to do my research before I buy into another Halo game.
    That, and hope I don't get matched up against a squad of hackers and a squad of people playing Halo 24/7.
  14. Dec 9, 2014
    What a disappointment, I've been a long time Halo fan, and in my honest opinion this is the worst in the series. Yes Halo Wars is better than this crap. The graphics and gameplay are save this game other than that I wouldn't play this. If they didn't change the Flood game mode I would have given this game a 5 because Flood was where I spent most of my time until they added the saw, assaultWhat a disappointment, I've been a long time Halo fan, and in my honest opinion this is the worst in the series. Yes Halo Wars is better than this crap. The graphics and gameplay are save this game other than that I wouldn't play this. If they didn't change the Flood game mode I would have given this game a 5 because Flood was where I spent most of my time until they added the saw, assault rifle and more to the mix because then what's the challenge this game just sucks Expand
  15. Dec 3, 2014
    It would go faster to just write the positive aspects of this game because that list is very short. Generally good visuals, a lot of weapons to choose from, some new and fresh enemies. That's pretty much all that i can think of as positive.

This game feels so cheap and just poorly made especially if you have in mind the budget they've had for making this game, they had the chance to make a splendid sequel which in my opinion is something they failed very very bad at. There are so many aspects which are full of flaws. Items and weapons disappear out of nowhere, once you drop a weapon or if a enemy drop a weapon it disappear if you turn your back away, it even happens while it's on screen. There is no depth in the story and it kind of doesn't feel like halo at all. The game is very repetitive and also very short, sometimes it feels like they've used the same maps but just rearranged some things. In Spartan Ops is the same maps but just playing them in reverse.

The respawn system in Spartan Ops is also crap, you literally respawn where you die which puts you in a spawn kill loop where you are surrounded with knights that simply kill you once you respawn and i just laughed at how poorly made this game is. You can't hijack banshees which i tried on several missions which also adds up on the negatives.

When you buy the game, the only thing that is available is the campaign. Spartan Ops and all other things in Halo 4 requires Gold membership which is **** So technically when you buy the game you only get to play the short campaign and if you wanna play more you have to pay monthly to do so. I looked forward to Halo 4 and looked upon 343 industries as a new chapter who had the possibility to fix all the bad stuff with the previous games like the bad AI for instance, but instead they kept all the bad stuff and added some more just for the fun of it.

I feel awkward on behalf of 343 industries who, with all the resources, people and finances to release such a disaster. I have been a fan of halo series and was really hoping for improvement but this is the end of the line for me. I'm not buying any other Halo games in the future, there are SO many better games to spend your money on which won't make you feel robbed.
  16. Nov 19, 2014
    Very boring, the game is not interesting, no computers in multiplier. bad story, and i hate that it is a popular game even thought there is not much to do. this is a rip off.
  17. Nov 7, 2014
    Game was bad felt like I was in a Micheal Bay Movie, ddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
  18. Jul 28, 2014
    To all of you giving "heartfelt" tens, I honestly cannot say I agree with you. I feel like your sheer amount of overhype for this game made it "good" for you. As a devoted Halo fanboy, I feel justified in my reasons to not like the game. Yes, the graphics quality was decent. That's basically the only thing I can hand this game.

The soundtrack, story, characters, and multiplayer didn't

The soundtrack, story, characters, and multiplayer didn't feel like Halo. In my honest opinion, having Chief be that outspoken really didn't fit his original "silent/speaks when he has to" persona. The story was short and unsweet and really betrayed the previous games and the canon in general. For one, the Covenant aren't supposed to be back! They were defeated in Halo 3, if anybody even paid attention. Sure, there could be rogues running around, but they wouldn't be ELITES of all things in their ranks! It's like a freakin' time paradox. It simply shouldn't have happened. Also, the fact that the Forerunner, Didact, was still alive, goes against all of the lore and backstory that Bungie built up, and that just doesn't sit well with me.

The death of Cortana was a predictable cliche that we all knew was going to happen eventually, especially since half the Halo fanbase knew Cortana reached seven years of service in Halo 3.

There also were a few plotholes, but what videogame doesn't have at least a tiny one? All in all, it didn't even get close to the privilege of licking the boot heels of Bungie's masterpieces.
  19. Jul 16, 2014
    While it wears the Brand 'Halo' on it, it really just feels like an 'okay' game.
    The single player mode didn't meet my expectations. Other than a few parts in the single player, the campaign was really boring and forgettable with no noteworthy locations that caught my eye(unlike the previous halo games, this was a first). It's obvious that microsoft is pushing for this to be an 'online experience' by locking away the spartan ops campaign only to those who have an xbox live subscription just rubs me the wrong way since the game lists it even though I haven't signed on Xbox live in months. I really feel like I didn't get my moneys worth this this title and since half of the single player experience is locked away because of microsofts greed I don't plan on purchasing another halo title until this predicament is sorted out, which judging by microsoft's obvious greed it will never happen...
  20. May 30, 2014
    I am so angry about what 343 did to Halo, i was never a big Halo fan but i did find Halo 3 fun and Reach, but this just says "F**k you guys, were going to ruin your precious franchise", the game has the worst campaign i have ever played, a terrible online with only 1 minute of fun.

Overall = 1.8/10, The game which should be known as E.T of 2012 Winner of Multiple Awards for me: Worst

Overall = 1.8/10, The game which should be known as E.T of 2012
    Winner of Multiple Awards for me:
    Worst Game of 2012
    Worst Xbox 360 Shooter of 2012
    Most Disappointing Game of 2012
    Worst Campaign of 2012
  21. Apr 20, 2014
    I believed the hype IGN said about the newest Halo game, calling it the best Halo yet! Hype works people, it really does and they know it. The hype got to me so bad that I ignored one of the most obvious things there is to this game, it is not made by Bungie. Hype works even better on people who don't have what it takes to spot all the terrible flaws that certain product can have, in thisI believed the hype IGN said about the newest Halo game, calling it the best Halo yet! Hype works people, it really does and they know it. The hype got to me so bad that I ignored one of the most obvious things there is to this game, it is not made by Bungie. Hype works even better on people who don't have what it takes to spot all the terrible flaws that certain product can have, in this case, Halo 4. Everything that made you a Halo fan is not to be found in this new entry to the franchise. This game is terrible, a true stinker. Bungie must be pretty angry for what they have done to their creation. After only two days, I traded this turd back to Gamestop, kept the case though, it's the only cool thing about this new Halo. Expand
  22. Apr 16, 2014
    I have been playing Halo since Halo: Combat Evolved...

I have been playing Halo since Halo: Combat Evolved...

Please do yourself a favor and do NOT buy this game! Do not listen to the positive reviews. 343i just killed the multiplayer, "CoD-ifying" it to steal players from its rivaling game, while the Halo player-base was awaiting for something to surpass Halo 3. However, not only did 343i fail in obtaining a CoD-like player-base, but they also managed to lose and disappoint many loyal fans of Halo.
  23. Mar 31, 2014
    This game absolutely kills the Halo franchise by not only killing the Halo story but ruining everything else in the story. All of the guns were redone but the UNSC weapons are completely useless, and it gets better, the new Forerunner weapons are a copy paste of the UNSC weapons with little to no good atributes. The story is too emotional for a Halo game and the threat of Cortana dieing isThis game absolutely kills the Halo franchise by not only killing the Halo story but ruining everything else in the story. All of the guns were redone but the UNSC weapons are completely useless, and it gets better, the new Forerunner weapons are a copy paste of the UNSC weapons with little to no good atributes. The story is too emotional for a Halo game and the threat of Cortana dieing is the worst part. The final boss completely kills the game because instead of the Halo 3 boss battle or the newer Halo Reach standoff, guess what all of the fans get? A retarded quick time event that completely kills the Franchises amassing endings. Hey, do you like being able to customize your equipment and change your symbol? Well to bad because the new multiplayer function doesn't allow you to customize it, unless, you level up which if you have no friends to play with or now Xbox live gold, is hard, you better like that armor you're wearing. Expand
  24. Mar 31, 2014
    This game completely shocked me, It was a massive disappointed, going from halo 3 to halo 4, it was like chalk and cheese. The maps had no depth to them and the online game play was very average. I gave it such a low rating because of how good the prequel was.

Halo 3 10/10 ----> Halo 4 4/10 Hopefully halo 5 will redeem the series otherwise I will not be buying an xbox 1 as that is

Halo 3 10/10 ----> Halo 4 4/10

Hopefully halo 5 will redeem the series otherwise I will not be buying an xbox 1 as that is the only exclusive I am interested in
  25. Mar 20, 2014
    The Halo series we know and love is dead. Halo 4 is just a Call of Duty clone. With a 6 hour campaign and no Firefight Mode. The campaign is not creative at all. Promethean's talk about a Mass Effect rip off. It's funny and sad that Halo has to copy other game to be good now. Years ago it was the other way around. Half of this game is locked for online play which is very dumb, Pay to winThe Halo series we know and love is dead. Halo 4 is just a Call of Duty clone. With a 6 hour campaign and no Firefight Mode. The campaign is not creative at all. Promethean's talk about a Mass Effect rip off. It's funny and sad that Halo has to copy other game to be good now. Years ago it was the other way around. Half of this game is locked for online play which is very dumb, Pay to win OK.........errrrr No!. Spartan Op's sucks. Thanks 343 for ruining one of my favourite game series. I'm very surprised this game is getting good reviews, don't listen to them this game is trash. No real Halo fan would accept this pile of ****. I'm going back to playing the infinitely superior Halo: Reach and Halo Combat Evolved. Expand
  26. Mar 11, 2014
    This game is a disgrace to the series. Please support Halo 2 Anniversary. It's our only hope as 343i has let us down. Do not buy Halo 5 because it's clear they have killed halo. Only support past title remakes!
  27. Mar 11, 2014
    disgrace to the franchise. halo 2 anniversary is the only hope. bxr and button combos must return. halo 4 killed our community and destroyed all hope for 343. do not buy halo 5 or support anything, but remakes from bungie games.
  28. Mar 2, 2014
    343 destroyed halo.

Pros:
    Great graphics.
    Good controls.
    Nice sound track.

Cons:
    Bad level design.
    Like 5 hrs long.
    No fire fight...
    Map editor mode is worse then Reach.
    Master chief is the most over hyped protagonist of all time.
    Aliens suck.

Recommendation: go buy crysis 3. Not this garbage.
  29. Jan 23, 2014
    Let me just say I love Halo. I grew up on Halo. It was the first game my parents wouldn't let me play so I went to my friends house to play it. I beat halo 2 on legendary with my friend after school and I got Halo 3 the first day from circuit city (Still have the poster it came with). I passed on Halo 4 at the release because I didn't expect much from 343 and I just got Halo 4 because allLet me just say I love Halo. I grew up on Halo. It was the first game my parents wouldn't let me play so I went to my friends house to play it. I beat halo 2 on legendary with my friend after school and I got Halo 3 the first day from circuit city (Still have the poster it came with). I passed on Halo 4 at the release because I didn't expect much from 343 and I just got Halo 4 because all the critics love it and I feel like I missed out.... This game doesn't deserve to have the halo name. A game that makes no sense without reading books **** books, I play video games). A game that has an artificially difficult single player (for example the knights disappear and can 1 hit you from virtually anywhere), your shield is useless (2-3 shots) you take fall damage if you jump 20ft even though you're in a suit of armor, It is clearly not designed for coop (you can breeze through the game), multiplayer ditches skill and finesse and adds loadouts and random drops. To be honest I thought the opening video was cool (I had no clue what they were talking about, but looked like live action.) and the sounds of the guns are better (the score isn't as epic.) But I don't play halo for graphics or sound. It's the gameplay and the multiplayer. This game is garbage. Expand
  30. Dec 23, 2013
    As a Halo Fan i am disapointed in halo 4. The story line doesnt sucks you in to it. The Multiplayer is to boring Split Screen will lag the game. Loadouts are stupid but i know why Bungie stopped halo, because Halo is Death. Their game Destiny will realy shine and Rise again. I give this game a score 1 because of the graphics

1. Hyper Magazine