6.9

1. Nov 13, 2012
    I think out of all the Halo titles, this "Almost" falls as bad as Reach was. The biggest mistake developers of video games make is trying to add in new things that NOBODY (that loves halo) wanted in the game in the first place. You start with a single game that everyone loves, add in improvements and separate features (such as forge, skulls) in. But when you start to add in new things thatI think out of all the Halo titles, this "Almost" falls as bad as Reach was. The biggest mistake developers of video games make is trying to add in new things that NOBODY (that loves halo) wanted in the game in the first place. You start with a single game that everyone loves, add in improvements and separate features (such as forge, skulls) in. But when you start to add in new things that were NEVER asked for, well than you are going to have a bad time! Spartan Ops was literally a disappointment. It could be a big time waster for new players, but lack the freshness of diversity compared to the campaign. It was literally just firefight but with an ending and location movement, but you can't change what enemies there are and the play-style like firefight. You just spawn, leaving out the challenge of beating it with ease and its just plain crap for people who actually try not to get any deaths, not that it even matters anymore.

Graphics are amazing, very rarely do I see any graphic clippings, and that was ONLY in the cutscenes in campaign. The lighting is amazing. But the generating lighting feature in Forge is so annoying I wish you had the option of turning it off!

Multiplier is fast paced and I like it. But when you get over the fact of graphics, lighting, and features in-game, it starts to turn into **** Ordinance was the worst feature of all. Some players got rockets and shotguns, while unlucky players received mere needlers that need to be fired directly for a long time before getting a kill. Weapon balancing is a HUGE issue in this game! DMR is a 4 head-shot kill while the rest of the weapons take 6-10 shots. ALL of the forerunner weapons are **** like the Boltshot which is like a charged up shotgun capable of overtaking a primary weapon at close-mid range any day.

Forge was amazing. The new interface made it 10x as easy and faster to build new structures. Needless to say, anybody can take the time now to create anything they want.

The menu/lobby is to unorganized and clunky. It takes time to find other players and counting how many players takes effort. You can't find your buddy as easily as the ones in Halo Reach or 3. '

The idea of prestiging in Halo just wants to make me burn down 343 for ALL of this **** they are copying from COD. I'm so disappointed how desperate they are to getting COD players to join in, they don't even care about the loyal fans out there whole love the HALO mechanics over COD and just makes everything less fun for everyone and makes everyone mad.

The campaign was repetitive and boring like Gears of War 3. All you did was go somewhere, kill the enemies and move on. Just so many fillers that needed to be fixed.

The armors in H4 were impressive looking but the idea of letting people unlock them and giving them out for free makes wearing those armors feel like you didn't even worked for it. No matter how cool that armor looks it just feels like you didn't earn it and that everyone has it. Id personally would of liked it if they did the opposite with spartan points to the load outs and put it on armor instead.
  2. Nov 13, 2012
    The game is completely boring. The singleplayer is simply not fun at all, the multiplayer is dull and the mechanics can be seen in pretty much any other shooter out there.
  3. Nov 13, 2012
    It's more of the same, but why is that a bad thing?? Halo 4 is large a bowl of ice cream. Absolutely delicious. I want more! I can't wait to see what they'll add for halo 5!
  4. Nov 12, 2012
    This game is not bad at all. No it does not revolutionize gaming but for a 60 dollar price point you will not be disappointed. Graphics are one of the best on this aging console and the music and sound is spectacular. The campaign is a bit on the short side but the multiplater really shines and you will be playing it for hours on end especially if you have a good group of friends to play with.
  5. Nov 12, 2012
    I bought this game anticipating a great multiplayer experience, but what I got was a tired formula of a series that just isn't fun anymore. It just felt like a prettier, less fun halo game compared to the original, on xbox. Never have I ever felt so ripped off until now. If you're looking for a fresh new shooter, this isn't the place to look. Microsoft needs to do more than just Halo andI bought this game anticipating a great multiplayer experience, but what I got was a tired formula of a series that just isn't fun anymore. It just felt like a prettier, less fun halo game compared to the original, on xbox. Never have I ever felt so ripped off until now. If you're looking for a fresh new shooter, this isn't the place to look. Microsoft needs to do more than just Halo and Kinect if they want their next console to be a success. Expand
  6. Nov 12, 2012
    Excellent addition to the halo series, Halo 4 boasts great graphics, awesome looking cut scenes, voice acting, and classic Halo gameplay. If your a fan on halo you will not be let down. The Prometheans are fairly cool and their wepons are pretty sweet too. As far as the story goes it was pretty good, but not once did i feel like i had a grip on what was going on, its never super clear onExcellent addition to the halo series, Halo 4 boasts great graphics, awesome looking cut scenes, voice acting, and classic Halo gameplay. If your a fan on halo you will not be let down. The Prometheans are fairly cool and their wepons are pretty sweet too. As far as the story goes it was pretty good, but not once did i feel like i had a grip on what was going on, its never super clear on what is happening or why your in a specific location and so on. Multiplayer is what youd expect from halo, great. Overall Halo 4 is an awesome game that any fan should go out and buy. Expand
  7. Nov 12, 2012
    Best Halo campaign I've played in a long time. Greatest graphics in the series and the most emotional story line I've seen since the Gears of War series. The music, while not Marty's, definitely fits the Halo universe. 343i definitely did this franchise some good!! Love the multiplayer too, new and a step up from Reach's unbalanced mess.
  8. Nov 12, 2012
    Best campaign since Halo: Combat Evolved and best multiplayer experience since Halo 2. The graphics are amazing, the story is really good and there a ton of awesome moments worthy of the first Halo. My hopes were low for the multiplayer after the disaster that is Halo: Reach, but Halo 4 multiplayer is more than awesome, it really feels like Halo 2, the gameplay is fast and action packed,Best campaign since Halo: Combat Evolved and best multiplayer experience since Halo 2. The graphics are amazing, the story is really good and there a ton of awesome moments worthy of the first Halo. My hopes were low for the multiplayer after the disaster that is Halo: Reach, but Halo 4 multiplayer is more than awesome, it really feels like Halo 2, the gameplay is fast and action packed, the maps are awesome and flawless. People who say the game have been CODified, its not entirely false, but what make halo, halo and cod, cod ? its definitely not the small perks here and here. The ordinances push players to rush and not to camp like killstreaks are in Call of duty, perks are a small bonus and are nowhere near mandatory. The scoring system is well made and really reflect players skills. What else can I say ? Expand
  9. Nov 12, 2012
    My first Halo game was Halo 3: ODST. I first played I when a friend came over and showed it to me. I was astounded. I had heard Halo was good, but not this good. Since then I've played Wars, Reach, and the Anniversary Edition. I have to say the best out of those three was Reach. With its stellar campaign and it's chaotic multiplayer, I thought Halo 4 would have a hard time beating it. IMy first Halo game was Halo 3: ODST. I first played I when a friend came over and showed it to me. I was astounded. I had heard Halo was good, but not this good. Since then I've played Wars, Reach, and the Anniversary Edition. I have to say the best out of those three was Reach. With its stellar campaign and it's chaotic multiplayer, I thought Halo 4 would have a hard time beating it. I was wrong, very, very wrong. Halo 4 exceeds all expectations and shatters my idea of a good game. It combines the most emotional story of the Halo series, the best graphics that have been seen to this very day, and exciting new changes to multiplayer, to create the best Halo game that I have ever played, heck the best game I've played to date, which Borderlands 2 had the honor of being before. You hear this a lot, but Halo 4 is really Cortana's story. You see, after 7 years an AI becomes rampant. It's been 8. When an AI becomes Rampant, it literally thinks itself to death. So you can imagine how Cortana feels. Your main mission, throughout the story is to get Cortana to Dr. Halsey so she can be fixed. This goes hand-in-hand with defeating the Didact and getting Infinity off of Requeim. The Promethean enemies are so much fun to fight. I wonder how I stood fighting these Covenant after fighting the Prometheans. The new enemies are tactically smart, and aren't anything like the Covenant. For spoiler related reasons, I will move onto the robust, new multiplayer. Multiplayer is less vehicle based, and more gun based since the guns are now so much more badass. Each gun has brand new sounds, and some of them look different, too. I love the new sound of the Assault Rifle. Now with all these new Promethean weapons, that are extremely powerful and fun to use, I never use vehicles, and this is coming from a person who loved to drive vehicles. Instead of choosing large, expansive maps, like I would in Reach, I choose small, close up maps. I hated the guns and loved the vehicles, Halo 4 flipped that around, and it's a very good thing. Now there are Loadouts, which include Primary, and Secondary Weapons, Grenades, and Abilities. Their are plenty new weapons, both Promethean and UNSC to make the formula feel newer. Now there are more Abilities than ever before. The Run ability has been disabled, instead you can run by simply pressing on the joystick. The Armor Lock is gone, too. In fact, the only ones that they still have is Jetpack, invisibility, and the ability in which you make a duplicate. The new multiplayer is a refreshing new turn for the franchise. This game looks stunning. It feels stunning. Everything about this game is stunning. From its emotional story, to it's groundbreaking multiplayer, Halo 4 is what I dreamt what Halo should be. Looking back at ODST again, I feel like, what was great, is now archaic. 343i has accomplished something no other company could, even Bungie. Expand
  10. Nov 12, 2012
    Everything in this game was absolutely spectacular. Multiplayer is better than ever and campaign is just as interesting as previous installments. The only think that I can complain with is the menus that leave a bit to be desired, but you get use to them very quickly,
  11. Nov 12, 2012
    Fantastic, absolutly fantastic. A little short or the campaign side but it ozzes so much replayility it makes up for it. The worse part of this game is that it makes the wait for Halo 5 that much harder.
  12. Nov 12, 2012
    Graphics are pretty good, best for Xbox. Alien AI is awful, they dance about from side to side & trying to aim on them is a complete joke. I expect this on legendary, NOT normal. Guns are boring & totally useless. U often get a close range gun for distant enemy's, & a meaty slow loading one for cqc. Constant running out of ammo hence dying lots. Very repetitive levels & generally boring.Graphics are pretty good, best for Xbox. Alien AI is awful, they dance about from side to side & trying to aim on them is a complete joke. I expect this on legendary, NOT normal. Guns are boring & totally useless. U often get a close range gun for distant enemy's, & a meaty slow loading one for cqc. Constant running out of ammo hence dying lots. Very repetitive levels & generally boring. You will destroy a controller playing this game! Nice music tho, none of that guitar crap from previous games.
    The infuriating end to halo 2 is what this game is. Over & over & over again. Big disappointment & my last Xbox game. Had enough of shooter games now. Halo ce was the best the. Series went down the pan
  13. Nov 12, 2012
    I am here to tell the truth about halo 4 and that it is not a 9 or a 10, BUT it is not a 4 or a 5. It is a 7.5 and NOT GOTY. It is good game but a disappointment.for all the hype and all the reviews saying its the best game ever, most of it is lies but it is a improvement on Halo 3 and Reach. There is no middle ground in the war of fanboys vs haters I could not find a honest review aboutI am here to tell the truth about halo 4 and that it is not a 9 or a 10, BUT it is not a 4 or a 5. It is a 7.5 and NOT GOTY. It is good game but a disappointment.for all the hype and all the reviews saying its the best game ever, most of it is lies but it is a improvement on Halo 3 and Reach. There is no middle ground in the war of fanboys vs haters I could not find a honest review about (from Machinima with it 10/10 to Quarter to Three with it 2/10) so here's my honest about the game. It is a good game don't get me wrong but it a short 4 to 5 hours campaign with a interesting story but its kinda boring and cliche at times and is full of repetitive tasks like push these three buttons over and over again. 343 had added some emotions to master chief to give him more of a human role. The most disappointing part of the game is that there is only three new enemys,a dog robot,a new alien cyborg, and a UAV thing. I would like to have seen more types of enemy but nope. The multiplayer is fun, better the Reach and halo 3. it has killstreaks, Perks and Loadouts but that's where the similarities to Call of duty stop so the halo fanboy and Call of duty fanboys can stop fight. the has co op in campaign and a new mode which replaces firefight (why do that?) called spartan ops (OK one more Call of duty similarity), The graphics are great, amazing for a xbox. so in all it a good game which i recommend for a fun, great multiplayer and ok story but it is overhyped. i like the halo series i think the young fanbase may annoy you but thank you 343 for the mute all button. Expand
  14. Nov 12, 2012
    The negative comments are so silly. I went out and bought a xbox 360 primarily just to play this game and it was definitely worth it. The campaign storyline is great and I felt connected with the characters. The addition of all these new weapons was really nice. The game is challenging if you play it on heroic or legendary mode but very rewarding. I honestly can't complain about much, if IThe negative comments are so silly. I went out and bought a xbox 360 primarily just to play this game and it was definitely worth it. The campaign storyline is great and I felt connected with the characters. The addition of all these new weapons was really nice. The game is challenging if you play it on heroic or legendary mode but very rewarding. I honestly can't complain about much, if I had to i'd say the campaign was short. 6 hours, 3 minutes, and 30 seconds for me on heroic mode and I died a lot! Still, the campaign was solid. I like the addition of spartan ops but I hope 343 adds some more interesting levels for it soon. If you have an xbox 360 there should be no questions of whether or not to buy this game! Expand
  15. Nov 12, 2012
    I have invested about 40 hours into this game so far. Let me be clear in stating that Halo 4 is a sum of its' parts. Halo is not just the campaign or the MP. It's all of it together (campaign, music, voice acting, cut scenes, MP, spartan ops, ranking, unlocking, etc.) and it's an experience, not a game. I have been an avid halo fan for the last 12 years of my life and can say withI have invested about 40 hours into this game so far. Let me be clear in stating that Halo 4 is a sum of its' parts. Halo is not just the campaign or the MP. It's all of it together (campaign, music, voice acting, cut scenes, MP, spartan ops, ranking, unlocking, etc.) and it's an experience, not a game. I have been an avid halo fan for the last 12 years of my life and can say with certainty that, in my opinion, Halo 4 is the best Halo yet. I have noticed that many reviewers are comparing the game to bungie's halos and something occurred to me. Many players may be waiting for the next Bungie game, not the next Halo game. For those are waiting for the next Bungie game you're not going to get it. What you're going to get is the next element of Halo. Let's start with the good. Halo 4 as everyone has said is gorgeous...the graphics will put even the most sophisticated games out there to shame. Some cut scenes are pre-rendered which adds just that much more realism to the series. If you've ever played the other games you'll notice that 343 has stepped out of a Halo comfort zone and tested the waters with an all new, more serious approach to the game in terms of character animations, voice acting, and dialogue. Secondly, Halo 4 feels like halo...let me repeat that for all the CoD fans...HALO 4 FEELS LIKE HALO!!!Halo 3 had given me some of the most memorable moments in my gaming career. It was my favorite game of all time. When Halo: Reach came out, Bungie had started experimenting but doing it in all the wrong ways. To many, including myself, Reach felt foreign. It felt different and most importantly it didn't feel like Halo. Halo 4 takes all of the things that Reach did right and mixed it with Halo 3 while casting aside all of Reach's short comings. (No spoilers, don't worry) In campaign Halo 4 goes back to its roots and gives us options on how to tackle engagements. What I mean by this is that when you turn the corner and find yourself in a big valley with a pulsating forerunner structure and hordes of baddies you can bum rush them with all of your Spartan might, hop behind the wheel of a near by vehicle (which are no longer made of DMR vulnerable paper machet) or covert-ops your way up to the nearest elite or knight and go into an stunning performance of grace and death with a combat knife....or brutally ripping arms off. But I digress. Choices are what has made the game so much fun to play for players in the past and it's back with a vengeance in Halo 4 which is something that was sorely missed in all the tight quarter engagements in Reach. The next great thing about this game is the Chief probably has more lines in this game than the last 3 games combined. The relationship between the Chief and Cortana is nothing short of spectacular! Finally the fans who have dedicated hours of their lives to reading the books have finally been able to see that expanded universe of Chief's personality mixed with the quirks that are Cortana. Mixed with her increasing rampancy it gives us loyal zombie fans something more than the previous campaigns ever did.Multiplayer is back baby! And it's better than ever! Halo 4 has taken all of the good things from every game and put it into the multiplayer experience. It learned from the mistakes that came from Halo 3 and Reach and pulled together to create a multiplayer experience that is fun and adds to Halo 4's list of ever growing Pro's. Movement is back to where it was, no more decreased strafing speed like Reach. You're back to usual spartan strength as well so grenades aren't mini nukes landing at your feet. Loadouts are relatively newer as you have to unlock certain items for use but don't worry you unlock the important weapons after the first couple of games. And the magic of Halo is that all the weapons are balanced. (minus the power weapons) meaning that even though you start with an AR and magnum you still have just as good a chance as anyone else for victory. Reticle Bloom is severely decreased to a point of almost non existence so skilled players are no longer taken down by lucky spammings of the trigger. Vehicle friendly maps are now more abundant than ever and feel fun to play! Briefly, Spartan Ops is a great replacement for the monotonous firefighting. Now you have purpose and a goal instead of mindless shooting. Spartan Ops takes place 6 months after the events of Halo 4 and is a whole new story in its own right. As mentioned before the whole game in itself is an experience. It's not just one thing over another and if you truly want to enjoy a game you should consider all it has to offer. Not beating the campaign in one sitting then taking it back.Small cons: Ammo isn't abundant in campaign, constantly switching to promethean and covy weapons.No saved films feature for campaign or s-ops yet.
    and the campaign ending leaves nothing to the imagination or eludes to what Halo 5 could be about. 343 outstanding job! Halo is in good hands.
  16. Nov 12, 2012
    Halo 4. Apparently we didnt finish the fight afterall. But you know what, I'm ok with that. Ignore the negative scores on this site. These are the same trolls that complained about Diablo and Mass Effect. These are the same trolls that complain about how things changed too much, but would also complain if nothing changed. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery they say. There is noHalo 4. Apparently we didnt finish the fight afterall. But you know what, I'm ok with that. Ignore the negative scores on this site. These are the same trolls that complained about Diablo and Mass Effect. These are the same trolls that complain about how things changed too much, but would also complain if nothing changed. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery they say. There is no denying the multi-player comparisons to Call of Duty. Hell, some of the changes are clearly blatant ripoffs. But this is still Halo. Its still the fast paced, twitch firing, map memorizing game weve been playing since the LAN parties of 2001. Multiplayer is fine, and when BLOPS2 comes out, all the COD fan boys will leave and Halo's MP experience can only strengthen. However, MP is only part of the game. Spartan Ops add a fresh co-op experience, and 343 is pumping it full of maps every week...for free. The single player is more lore driven than previous entries, and personally i learned more about the Halo universe from H4, than any game before. I play single player in one of two ways, "Easy" - i like to play for the story, i want that to progress smoothly and fluidly with no frustrations. However, "legendary" with a friend is a must, i still want a challenge. But i need to get that story out of the way first, this is a lore centric series now (something i feel Bungie missed out on) and you owe it to yourself to see the single player game through. I gave this game a 9 because it isnt perfect. The mission objectives in SP are repetitive, their only saving grace is the level variety. But really, other than that, this game is amazing. Matchmaking in MP is fluid, smooth, quick, and i rarely get dumped into a random losing game. The guns are amazingly balanced for an initial release (really guys, the DMR kills at long range, but doesnt stand a chance vs a BR at mid, learn to aim) As someone who has routinely sucked at past Halo MP offerings, i can say that i am having an absolute blast with H4, the changes have allowed me to become a "better" player, thus making the game more enjoyable. 343 took a huge risk with a beloved franchise, and came out on top. Halo can only go up from here! Expand
  17. Nov 12, 2012
    Halo 4 is probably one of the most innovative games that has been made for a long time. Unfortunately the rise of call of duty fans giving this bad reviews have gone up, so dont listen to the 0's. They dont know what a good game is if they play call of duty. This halo has changed a lot since the last, and the multiplayer is new and addictive, goes back to halo 3 when i used to play nonHalo 4 is probably one of the most innovative games that has been made for a long time. Unfortunately the rise of call of duty fans giving this bad reviews have gone up, so dont listen to the 0's. They dont know what a good game is if they play call of duty. This halo has changed a lot since the last, and the multiplayer is new and addictive, goes back to halo 3 when i used to play non stop for hours. It brings friends together again to play as a group, having a laugh, something games have lost for a long time. But halo 4 brings it back to the good old days. And the campaign is probably one of the most action packed, new, and somehow emotional in a halo game to date. Definitely buy: 10/10. Expand
  18. Nov 12, 2012
    Got it as a gift and it's garbage. It's Halo: Reach COD-ified. Plenty of bugs (Certain maps aren't appearing in cycle, for one), short story, boring missions abound. I would return it if I could. It stings even worse knowing how far one of my favorite game series has fallen.

Why not instead of trying to grab fanbases of CoD and Halo, you just make an original and intuitive f*cking game?
  19. Nov 12, 2012
    As a halo fan I was ready to give 343 industries a chance and looking back now, how wrong I was to even think about buying it.
    Starting off with the PROS:
    1. the game looks very well polished and sleek (a bit too polished) 2. they've brought some old guns back 3. sprint is a standard ability given to everyone 4. master chief talks more That's about it... CONS: 1. the menu screen
    Starting off with the PROS:
    1. the game looks very well polished and sleek (a bit too polished)
    2. they've brought some old guns back
    3. sprint is a standard ability given to everyone
    4. master chief talks more
    That's about it...
    CONS:
    1. the menu screen has been played with too much making it feel odd
    2. possibly the biggest problem, the music. if it's perfect don't change it
    3. boring campaign only consisting of objectives like ' hold the enemy off ' or ' destroy the shields '
    4. forge feels like its been copied and pasted added with a pile of turd stuck on top
    5. boring new maps that are no good for forge and make a bad multiplayer
    6. the mantis is a good concept but the design is terrible
    7. the forerunner weapons look cool but imo aren't good for any situation
    8. people on line are either idiots that camp or people who waste their life devoted to levelling up. It's becoming just like COD is.
    The game is just a let down. Sadly, 343 industries have ruined the halo era.
  20. Nov 12, 2012
    A lot of gamers are getting on here and saying that this game is not the same Halo game that we have all come to love. I might agree with that statement a little bit but the truth is that in my opinion it has gotten better. Halo is known for having storylines that fall apart at some point and leave you just shooting in the middle of some mission for no reason. Give 343 Industries aA lot of gamers are getting on here and saying that this game is not the same Halo game that we have all come to love. I might agree with that statement a little bit but the truth is that in my opinion it has gotten better. Halo is known for having storylines that fall apart at some point and leave you just shooting in the middle of some mission for no reason. Give 343 Industries a chance because Halo needed a reboot. They might have saved Halo from extinction after the Armor-Locking fiasco that was Halo: Reach. So what I am trying to say is that if you are going to judge a game for taking a risk and changing its gameplay some then you probably still believe that we should never come out with a new gaming system either. Halo 4 is pretty awesome too! Expand
  21. Nov 12, 2012
    Let me just say this up front, Halo 4 is not a perfect 10 but neither is it a bad game either. While the game does have some flaws (AI noticeably dumber, new weapons are pretty meh, doesn't do anything really new) it still hits all the notes you would expect from a Halo game and it does them competently. The visuals are absolutely amazing especially on an aging console, and while not asLet me just say this up front, Halo 4 is not a perfect 10 but neither is it a bad game either. While the game does have some flaws (AI noticeably dumber, new weapons are pretty meh, doesn't do anything really new) it still hits all the notes you would expect from a Halo game and it does them competently. The visuals are absolutely amazing especially on an aging console, and while not as iconic or bombastic as something from Marty O'Donnell the new music here fits well and doesn't distract from the action. Four player co-op for the campaign and new Spartan Ops episodes are still a blast, and getting a party together for some MP action is great way to spend an evening.

It doesn't do anything to break the mold or take any chances, but there is something to be said for not fixing what isn't broken either. Halo 4 isn't going to change your mind if you weren't a fan already. But for fans or those on the fence then I would certainly recommend at least giving a try. For a new studio trying to fill some pretty big shoes 343 certainly could have done a whole lot worse :3
  22. Nov 12, 2012
    Halo is back in my opinion. Nothing beats or can compare to the very first Halo which is what I have been chasing fro years now like a drug. I actually enjoyed the campaign and did not skip the cut scenes like every other game in the last few years. I felt invested, I felt it mattered to know what was going on and what my next objective would be. The Spartan Ops definitely addsHalo is back in my opinion. Nothing beats or can compare to the very first Halo which is what I have been chasing fro years now like a drug. I actually enjoyed the campaign and did not skip the cut scenes like every other game in the last few years. I felt invested, I felt it mattered to know what was going on and what my next objective would be. The Spartan Ops definitely adds longevity to this game when you are done with the campaign and you can level up and customize as well. The multiplayer has changed or evolved and is a welcome change for me. Overall this game was a surprise hit for me. I purchased the game off of the Microsoft store with $25 credit. $35 and very well spent, just wow! The new weapons, the new enemies, the new locations, new vehicles. I do feel like I am always finding a new weapon or a way to use it. Must play. Expand
  23. Nov 12, 2012
    Everything that makes Halo 4, Halo is still there and is epic! It still has the genuine ingenuity as the previous ones. I actually like the Infinity "Spartan Ops" concept too. That is definitely new to Halo, but I can't help but notice that there is a lot of "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3" traits involved in the game. That's doesn't really bother me because in the end, it makes a HaloEverything that makes Halo 4, Halo is still there and is epic! It still has the genuine ingenuity as the previous ones. I actually like the Infinity "Spartan Ops" concept too. That is definitely new to Halo, but I can't help but notice that there is a lot of "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3" traits involved in the game. That's doesn't really bother me because in the end, it makes a Halo 4 a more of faster pace game than it already was, and let's face it, everyone likes those "said COD traits", but I forsee myself playing more Call of Duty multiplayer in the future if 343 doesn't become a tad bit more innovative in it. Hopefully the game add-ons that come out in the future will bring out that innovation people are looking for. Like I said, still a fantastic game for everyone of to play with an Xbox, but I can't give a perfect score to 343 for "maintaining" a legacy not "enhancing" a legacy... Expand
  24. Nov 12, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. *GAMES EVOLVE* I can understand that people are saying Halo 4 has call of duty features but is that really a bad thing? Does the shooting feel like COD or the action, atmosphere, art design, characters, story, gah its Halo 4 you guys. Games have to evolve every now and then. Uncharted 3 Had loadouts, perks, money system for weapon attachments, character customization, etc and that is still a great multiplayer. Gears of war, you choose what gun you want to start and that has a loadout, maybe not a perk but hell your pretty much a super soldier already. I don't understand why people can't take change. Anyways I just wanted to take that in perspective that GAMES EVOLVE or you'd hate how halo would be if it was the exact same thing like the *Cough* Modern*coughs* Warfare*coughs* series*coughs*. Just know that I'm not disrespecting you guys, just get time with the changes. *Review* I have to say this is the best Halo by far since it seems more in depth into what the franchise is. I am gladly to say this is the real reason why I bought an Xbox for. Story - After almost 5 years(forgot the exact date) since the last game, seeing in Halo 3 where Master Cheif and Cortana were drifting off in space, waiting to be found. After 4 years in cryosleep, Master Chief was awaken by Cortana since they were being invaded by the covenent, later to be found by the Forerunner Planet "Requiem" being sucked in by the gravitational pull and stranded on the planet. Without giving too much away, the story in this game is not only about Master Chief but more into Cortanas side of her story; just in Master Cheifs perspective. Halo series never been really a selling point of its story but lore. This one seems more in depth of it's story though it is short, it is the best story by far and engaging as it give us the reason why we're really fighting the Covenent. Gameplay - Alright, this is where people really want to know if this still feels like a Halo game. Still shooting from the hip?(Yep) Stilll Energy Sheild?(Yep) Still have the badass assualt rifle?(Yep) Plays like reach?(Yep) So whats new about it? Well theres alot of new things in this game. New weapons going for in depth with the covenents but also a new species called the prometheans, which you use they're guns off on their body parts. The gameplay is still that old Halo formula we all know and love. The game also has had a great redone over its graphics, making the xbox go through its full potential though with some merky texture going up close to things. The multiplayer is still there, though it is a little faster than the other ones. I don't know what to say but rather that its **** awesome. It has high replayablity with many and I mean MANY game modes that are **** fun. Some I wish they didnt' take out like SWAT on reach but overall it is a goood **** game.

This is the best Halo and xbox game I
  25. Nov 12, 2012
    Finally Halo is back! Only FPS that actually involves skill. You can shoot me first but if you are not better I will win the battle 9 out of 10 times.
  26. Nov 12, 2012
    Undoubtedly the best Halo title yet, and the first to make major changes to the multiplayer game dynamic. The campaign is graphically spectacular, with the increasing rampancy of Cortana a very engaging plot device. The Flood are thankfully absent, the Prometheans are awesome, there are some excellent set pieces, and a great spaceship level made it a memorable experience. It does have itsUndoubtedly the best Halo title yet, and the first to make major changes to the multiplayer game dynamic. The campaign is graphically spectacular, with the increasing rampancy of Cortana a very engaging plot device. The Flood are thankfully absent, the Prometheans are awesome, there are some excellent set pieces, and a great spaceship level made it a memorable experience. It does have its flaws though. As all FPS campaigns it is almost insultingly short, taking around 7 hours on normal. The game also struggles to tell the story as each level progress, and while the cut scenes are glorious they skimp on details. My biggest issue was the final boss fight, which was a clumsy quick time event and made for a very unsatisfying conclusion. However, overall it was an enjoyable romp as any Halo campaign should be. Spartan Ops is an interesting edition, good fun with friends or alone. Free episodic story content is a really innovative idea and should give the game a longer life expectancy. I have high hopes for it. The main gameplay changes come in multiplayer. Borrowing from the call of duty games, you now have loadouts. Unlike COD however, these do not spoil the game for new players, as they are more to do with personal preference than raw power. Heavy weapons no longer have spawn points on the maps, but instead are dropped/teleported into random locations than then appear on everyone Expand
  27. Nov 12, 2012
    This review is a multiplayer only review.. I could care less about the campaign. I only play Halo games for the multiplayer and this is one of the best multiplayers I have played... I'm still trying to decide whether this game or Halo 3 is my favorite Halo multiplayer.. It's a tough decision.. but I'm definitely giving a 10 to make up for the COD trolls on here. This game is a greatThis review is a multiplayer only review.. I could care less about the campaign. I only play Halo games for the multiplayer and this is one of the best multiplayers I have played... I'm still trying to decide whether this game or Halo 3 is my favorite Halo multiplayer.. It's a tough decision.. but I'm definitely giving a 10 to make up for the COD trolls on here. This game is a great game.... get it if you like any Halo game ever.. and ignore the negative reviews from people wanting to one shot everybody in COD because they don't have enough skill to play Halo. Expand
  28. Nov 12, 2012
    This game has a great start which really sucks you in. The graphics and atmosfere are simply amazing. After a while though the level design gets a bit boring and repetetive. Also the lack of autosave prevents me from giving it a high a score. I had to replay to certain (difficult) parts multiple times because I did not save but turned off my Xbox (as I do with all games).
  29. Nov 11, 2012
    If you were expecting it to be as good as the Halo 3 or Reach, then I've got bad news for you. The campaign was enjoyable with exciting graphics, but the online play is something entirely different. 343 industries completely butchered the online play to the point where I felt the need to make an account on here and warn you. I have no idea what the were thinking, but 343 took out theIf you were expecting it to be as good as the Halo 3 or Reach, then I've got bad news for you. The campaign was enjoyable with exciting graphics, but the online play is something entirely different. 343 industries completely butchered the online play to the point where I felt the need to make an account on here and warn you. I have no idea what the were thinking, but 343 took out the traditional spawning of weapons in certain locations throughout each map. Instead they implement the use of load outs and supply drops which sounds cool, but in reality sucks major D. It's like 343 was trying to make it into a battle field game but instead turned it into a retarded and dysfunctional mutant-hybrid game. Expand
  30. Nov 11, 2012
    As a longtime halo fan I was very skeptical of this new game, not because of the new studio behind it 343, but because of the new "call of duty-like" things being added to multiplayer. After finishing the campaign on heroic and getting to rank 36 here is the good and bad. If you don't want to read, just know that overall it is an excellent game, especially compared to most games theseAs a longtime halo fan I was very skeptical of this new game, not because of the new studio behind it 343, but because of the new "call of duty-like" things being added to multiplayer. After finishing the campaign on heroic and getting to rank 36 here is the good and bad. If you don't want to read, just know that overall it is an excellent game, especially compared to most games these days, and is worth buying.

The good:
    -join in progress multiplayer games. Now when someone rage quits your team isn't permanently down players for the entire match. I have come into several matches in progress where my team was losing slightly and helped them come back to win. -controls still feel like halo. The jumping, the melee, the movement, the headshots, it all feels just like a halo game. I have heard complaints to the new controls but I use bumper jumper which is more traditional.
    -graphics. I thought Halo: Reach was easily the best looking xbox game, but where it had really crisp textures and almost no shadows, Halo 4 outdoes reach with amazing lighting and shadows. Easily the best looking console game today. -balance. Right off the bat the game feels nicely balanced in terms of weapon power. There is no clear winner with the dmr vs br, and even the carbine and light rifle are on par. None of the weapons feel weak, with even the assault rifle and plasma pistol being formidable weapons.
    -ordinance. I feel it's a great chance of pace to slayer and if you don't like it it's only in slayer
    -dominion. Amazing! A next-gen version of domination or capture and hold control points. The longer you hold a base, the more defenses it builds and resupplies your team with weapons and vehicles.
    -maps. Miles ahead of Halo: Reach in terms of maps on release. Each map is unique and I really love them all except Haven.

Now some of the bad you should know about
    -the killcam. Great idea even if it's ripped off of call of duty. In my experience it doesn't work 95% of the time, instead showing you a weird replay of someone shooting into the sky.
    -Spartan Ops: not nearly as good as firefight in my opinion. The missions are bland and don't really compare to the amazing campaign missions. Though to be honest, I wouldn't want to fight waves of prometheans anyway.
    -slowing down when shot. This is a double edged sword. It stops nooby double melee rushing, but it also makes it even harder to stay alive in a game that is already beefing up the speed of kills. -No small weapons on maps. I like how power weapons can drop randomly anywhere, but in an objective game where you don't call in ordinance, the only way to pick up a different gun is to kill an enemy. There are no longer grenades and non-power weapons on the map to pick up and resupply you with ammo.

Overall this game is definitely worth getting. It has changed a bit but I believe for the better. Halo was originally called "combat evolved" and I think they need to keep evolving the halo formula.

1. Dec 17, 2012