6.9

1. Nov 7, 2012
    Just an Awesome game! Graphics are beyond what I expected for an Xbox title. Single-player has a gripping storyline and co-op play is expanded. Love it!
  2. Nov 7, 2012
    Stop trolling this awesome game you 13 year old tweenie twilight loving little queers. Just because you can't understand a story and suck at multiplayer doesn't mean the game is bad. Tell you what take the game back to gamestop and trade it towards black ops 2 so your parents don't have to buy you another full price game.
  3. Nov 7, 2012
    Tje Worst Halo i ever play!! no way people...
    the campaign lasts 6 hours, graphically is disappointing,
  4. Nov 7, 2012
    Halo is back! I have been a Hardcore Halo fan since the original title in 2001. I have to say that Halo 4 is the best title in the series, it's campaign story is very engaging and mature. The AI is better than ever, intelligent and fun. The multi-player side of Halo 4 take a little bit of every Halo and combine it to perfection. It is addictive and crisp. For all of you who were waitingHalo is back! I have been a Hardcore Halo fan since the original title in 2001. I have to say that Halo 4 is the best title in the series, it's campaign story is very engaging and mature. The AI is better than ever, intelligent and fun. The multi-player side of Halo 4 take a little bit of every Halo and combine it to perfection. It is addictive and crisp. For all of you who were waiting for a Halo game to be a graphic power house, Halo 4 is what you've been waiting for, the game is gorgeous, one of the best looking games this generation. This is a genuine 10/10 and a game I'll be playing for a long time. Expand
  5. Nov 7, 2012
    I'm not sure where all the hate is coming from on this one. This is obviously a love letter to the franchise and a promise to the fans that the future of this series is a bright one. I haven't felt the same sense of wonderment about Halo since Halo 2 came out. I couldn't be more pleased with the changes and additions to multiplayer. I was a fan of COD Modern Warfare, but I didn't care forI'm not sure where all the hate is coming from on this one. This is obviously a love letter to the franchise and a promise to the fans that the future of this series is a bright one. I haven't felt the same sense of wonderment about Halo since Halo 2 came out. I couldn't be more pleased with the changes and additions to multiplayer. I was a fan of COD Modern Warfare, but I didn't care for the follow-ups. This game is the best of both worlds: a faster paced more balanced Halo experience coupled with a solid feeling of progression. The story is by far the most personal this series has ever seen, and the graphics are fantastic considering the aged platform they were produced for. Do yourself a favor, try the game for yourself before you trust those who're giving it a low score. I find it hard to believe you could come away disappointed from this game. Expand
  6. Nov 7, 2012
    Why use my $$ to buy a game that give me a fantastic game experience for only 6-8 hours?
    Today there are several games that give same amusement but for a lot of more time: one?
    Borderlands 2. Bye...
  7. Nov 7, 2012
    This is a wake n' bake review.

If you've forgotten or don't know about how much Halo has actually contributed to the genre, game design or multiplayer/co-op gaming, shame on you. You don't know 'bout video games. Campaign: I played the campaign straight through in Heroic yesterday and can safely say that this is not only a stellar Halo game, it's the best campaign since Halo 2. Just
    This is a wake n' bake review.

Campaign: I played the campaign straight through in Heroic yesterday and can safely say that this is not only a stellar Halo game, it's the best campaign since Halo 2. Just keep in mind it's very much the story from the chief's perspective. Spartan Ops will continue to expand and grow the events, so don't feel short changed story-wise when the credits roll. The only con is there's a limited amount of new enemies (and old for that matter). The ones that are there feel familiar but unpredictable. This is something that will be heavily criticised, but then CoD is just the same 5 guys for years now. Halo 5 needs a heavy class like the brutes. Just no **** flood.

The Rest: 343i have taken Halo and made it feel new. They took millions of fan requests and made it all work. It plays fast. The weapons have purpose. The graphics are crisp. As an amateur dev I can see every last technique in the book at work to make it eat the 360's resources. For the discerning eye it's a masterpiece in engineering for a current console.

I'm going back to play multiplayer now, but after 1 match last night i'm hooked.

I had largely quit Halo after dabbling in Reach, and have been playing CoD mostly for the last 2 years. I think CoD is better than Reach, but Halo 4 is way better than CoD.I'm not a crazy Halo fanboy, but as a lover of AAA games, I've always found it engaging and original.
  8. Nov 7, 2012
    It's good, but it's not the Halo that I'm used too. First off, the campaign is fast and keeps you wanting to play. But 343i added some parts to the campaign that really shouldn't be there, mostly surrounding the Chief (Character depth, a "friend", and that brown-noser Latsky) Second: There was a lot of good customization, minus the lack of emblems. (Not too happy I can't have the emblemIt's good, but it's not the Halo that I'm used too. First off, the campaign is fast and keeps you wanting to play. But 343i added some parts to the campaign that really shouldn't be there, mostly surrounding the Chief (Character depth, a "friend", and that brown-noser Latsky) Second: There was a lot of good customization, minus the lack of emblems. (Not too happy I can't have the emblem that I have had since Halo 2) Multiplayer: Fast, fun, thought I wouldn't like the supply drops, but they add a good element. Disappointed that you need a certain trait to pic up ammo (Not to mention once you run out of ammo with your gun you're kinda screwed.)

Overall it's a good game, but if you're used to the Halo made by Bungie, this is going to feel different.
  9. Nov 7, 2012
    i bought this game played campagn i loved it i tried the multyplayer i loved it . it was great . a little hard but fun .i played it with my cousin . he loved it
  10. Nov 7, 2012
    Halo 4 is a stunning game. I dont need to go into much detail because I'm sure you already know all about it. A lot of trolls on this site and thats a real shame. This gem shouldnt be missed by anyone and I just hope people arent put off by the current user score. 5.5? No f'ing way. This is in every way a true Halo game and deserving of as much praise as all the previous entries in theHalo 4 is a stunning game. I dont need to go into much detail because I'm sure you already know all about it. A lot of trolls on this site and thats a real shame. This gem shouldnt be missed by anyone and I just hope people arent put off by the current user score. 5.5? No f'ing way. This is in every way a true Halo game and deserving of as much praise as all the previous entries in the series have received. A must buy for any fps fan. Go get it... Expand
  11. Nov 7, 2012
    Visually it is honestly up there with the best FPS games of this console generation. Game play is a big step up from previous entries with the variety of load out options you can have and also the combat itself is impressive. The sound of the game is probably the best of any Halo game. The guns sound and feel more realistic, the vehicles too. And whoever did the soundtrack for this gameVisually it is honestly up there with the best FPS games of this console generation. Game play is a big step up from previous entries with the variety of load out options you can have and also the combat itself is impressive. The sound of the game is probably the best of any Halo game. The guns sound and feel more realistic, the vehicles too. And whoever did the soundtrack for this game (pretty sure it wasn't old Marty McDonnell) did a great job.

For those users giving it anything below a 6 or 7 take the game for what it is. This is Halo, this isn't Call of Duty or Battlefield like so many of you have been posting so rate it for being a halo game not a COD or Battlefield clone.

For anyone complaining it's not Dishonored or Assassin's Creed III .... this isn't that type of game so they aren't comparable. This is an FPS so enough of those comparisons that's childish and pathetic that you would try to compare the two. Be a bit smarter about it. Also if you complain about the length ..... what FPS has ever had a lengthy campaign like Mass Effect or Assassin's Creed? None.

If you want an FPS and enjoy Halo you should love this, and if you want a different type of stealthy / third person game go buy Assassin's Creed III it really is an amazing game in and of itself. I'm tired of people trashing this game and giving it 0's. There 's a reason HALO is a giant franchise that almost any developer would chomp at the bit to work with, because they are solid games and this one is no exception. Halo 4 is the best entry to date and take the story for what it is ... a sci-fi story that you either like or hate and personally I find the continual story (minus the cluster of Halo 2) quite entertaining. A solid game overall and well worth the money.
  12. Nov 7, 2012
    i smiled from ear to ear when i first saw master chief appear on screen,its been a long time since any of us have taken control of our armor clad hero, in a new game of course and by our hero i mean halo fans.that being said this game delivers in the visual,sound and story department.the game has been criticized for the gameplay not changeing much,maybe quick time events is something thati smiled from ear to ear when i first saw master chief appear on screen,its been a long time since any of us have taken control of our armor clad hero, in a new game of course and by our hero i mean halo fans.that being said this game delivers in the visual,sound and story department.the game has been criticized for the gameplay not changeing much,maybe quick time events is something that doesnt belong in a halo game.i can somewhat agree with that but the game is still fast paced as ever.343 has done a valiant effort and judgeing by what i have played so far they have poured a lot of hard work in to this game.if you have played this game in a small screen with tiny speakers your doing yourself and the game an injustice.the visuals are stunning and unlike anything ever seen on the 360.the guns have never sounded this good NEVER.this game is no doubt going to be geting title updates with added features,thus improveing the replayability.you want gigantic boss battles,well youll just have to wait for the next installment on nextgen xbox.make no mistake this is a worthy entry in the halo saga. Expand
  13. Nov 7, 2012
    Halo 4 seems to be a sour note for so many people: thinking that the story of the Chief should not continue. This game finally gives in to all the wonder and curiosity of the original trilogy, lets you fight next to badass Spartans, and gives you levels with scope and massive beautiful environments. I play on a 42" television and the graphics still stood up and looked phenomenal. As a PCHalo 4 seems to be a sour note for so many people: thinking that the story of the Chief should not continue. This game finally gives in to all the wonder and curiosity of the original trilogy, lets you fight next to badass Spartans, and gives you levels with scope and massive beautiful environments. I play on a 42" television and the graphics still stood up and looked phenomenal. As a PC gamer on the side, the Xbox's limitations are sorely pronounced, but Halo 4 pushes them to deliver a fulfilling experience. The cutscenes are incredibly done, and I can't wait for more. They beefed up the sounds as well. Weapons of destruction now sound like ultimate death and can be TERRIFYING. The story is different, and honestly if I hadn't read all the books (aside from Silentium) it would've been harder to keep up. After finishing the campaign I felt odd. The game had an ending that was strange for a Halo game. The Chief was on solid ground and in no mortal peril. It felt wrong. Then I played Spartan Ops and realized the true scope of the story. It's going to be big. Really big. Spartan Ops takes place 6 months after the end of the campaign, and it really will add to your perspective of the game. Remember how the original trilogy felt like it took place over the course of a week? Halo 4 sets you up to for fighting a big lengthy war, and I'm excited to see its development. I keep seeing that Halo 4 is "just the same old song and dance" from those who say Reach was a failure. Halo 4 feels more like the Halo that I started with and loved but it also feels new. So what if they have loadouts and perks? Every shooter game available has the same things: perks, weapons, and abilities. Who the hell cares how you get them? Borderlands, Battlefield, CoD, Team Fortress, Super MNC, Mass Effect, Uncharted and even (a non-shooter) Skyrim all have different abilities, perks, and weapons. The only difference? They're unlocked in different ways, and no one complains about it in these games. Every game these days HAS to borrow from other games for certain mechanics, the big kicker is how it plays and Halo 4 plays like a champ. You feel like a Spartan again. You feel strong, fast, accurate, and resilient.

The customization options are great! The Armors look fantastic, the weapon selection is balanced, the perks are limited but useful (and don't feel broken) and the Armor Abilities are well thought out (no more f^%@ing Armor-Lock!). 343i really did their homework. The multiplayer has felt extremely balanced thus far, even WITH everyone's custom loadout. That's because even if when you start there are built in loadouts for you to use until you can make your own. The game also features random weapon placement so that the old pros can't just take over the map when facing new players. The "killstreaks" comparison lost merit as soon as I started playing.The Ordnance Drop is awarded via points gained by being a team player. You can get a few points from kills, but the points received for defending your flag, assisting your teammates, and staying with your objectives earn you far more. The ordnance selection is always random and has never been overpowering. Things that I've seen so far: Overshield, grenades, Sniper Rifle, Spartan Laser, Damage Boost, Needler, Incineration Cannon, and SAW. Vehicles are back and feel good again. I don't feel like I'm driving cardboard vehicles anymore, I feel like I'm driving heavy armored war vehicles just like it should.

My whole point? These people complain about the game being old when it's anything but old. It's got the same core gameplay and innovating ideas that made Halo a success, but the surrounding mechanics are a bit different. That's a good thing. I've been a hardcore fan since 2001 when I first picked up Halo CE, I've had my share of disappointments with the series (Reach) but Halo is back where it belongs, and 343i are beyond capable of keeping it there. As a long standing fan (who originally extremely doubtful of Halo 4) I am pleased. Reach was a big disappointment. It's evident that 343i saw this and put the work needed to turn it around, the looked at the specific issues in Reach and addressed each one, making the game solid and even more enjoyable.

Reading some of the reviews with a "0" I realized that the majority hadn't tried all the features of the game. The game is designed to be a whole. Single player and Infinity. 343i even worked to put a (good) story behind the entire multiplayer component that feels natural and kind of exciting. Having said that, it's not forced onto the non-story crowd. In conclusion, as with everything on this earth, this game isn't going to be for everyone, but with a little open-mindedness and less misguided hate, Halo 4 will dazzle you with deft and subtle prowess of gameplay, music, story, and graphics. I give them a 10 out of 10 for daring to pick up a game with such history then molding it into their own game, and far exceeding expectation on the way.
  14. Nov 7, 2012
    Overall this is definitely worthy of being a Halo game but it does have a few quirks, like the voice acting seems a bit forced at times, and the story feels a bit uninspired. Although still not even close to the worst singleplayer experience i have had. The sound in the game is absolutely amazing, all the guns have and extremely meaty sound behind them so you feel like a complete badassOverall this is definitely worthy of being a Halo game but it does have a few quirks, like the voice acting seems a bit forced at times, and the story feels a bit uninspired. Although still not even close to the worst singleplayer experience i have had. The sound in the game is absolutely amazing, all the guns have and extremely meaty sound behind them so you feel like a complete badass when firing them. As for the multiplayer, I would say it is every bit as good as the other halo games even though for some dumb reason they haven't put any SWAT game modes in yet. So this game is definitely good, but I wouldn't say that it is worthy to be called the best Halo game. Expand
  15. Nov 7, 2012
    After playing some multiplayer and campaign, I can honestly say that this is a great game. Sure it's different, but so was Halo 2 compared to CE, and Halo 3 compared to Halo 2, and so on. I haven't finished the campaign so I cannot comment on the storyline itself, but to complain about a boring unoriginal storyline in a video game is expecting a bit much. Do you really think you'reAfter playing some multiplayer and campaign, I can honestly say that this is a great game. Sure it's different, but so was Halo 2 compared to CE, and Halo 3 compared to Halo 2, and so on. I haven't finished the campaign so I cannot comment on the storyline itself, but to complain about a boring unoriginal storyline in a video game is expecting a bit much. Do you really think you're getting a Martin Scorsese level plot in a video game? A lot of people have praised the storyline in Skyrim, but I have to admit it is the same basic "Chosen one to save the world" kind of plot. Frankly from what I've seen so far, this is head and shoulders above the previous campaign storylines. It really has some heart and shows a fragile side to the Chief and the spartans in general. It shows that they are NOT perfect, invulnerable, mindless machines. They are still people who have flaws and emotions. As for the multiplayer, it is better than Reach hands down. I like the speed and pacing and even though I'm not a COD fan, I like the elements they took from it. Really ramps up the action and excitement. I do miss Firefight and the changes in custom options is annoying, so the game is not a 10, but since everyone else on this site can justify giving a 0 to balance things I can do the same the other way. My real review is a 9/10. Expand
  16. Nov 7, 2012
    Quite possibly one of the best FPS I have played on 360 for a while now. It honestly disgusts me how many people complain about this game because they're COD or PS3 fanboys or they just want Halo to be as repetitive as COD, but I am glad that Halo is evolving. Also, at least 343 tried new things with Halo 4 instead of just trying to recreate a traditional Bungie Halo experience. With Halo:Quite possibly one of the best FPS I have played on 360 for a while now. It honestly disgusts me how many people complain about this game because they're COD or PS3 fanboys or they just want Halo to be as repetitive as COD, but I am glad that Halo is evolving. Also, at least 343 tried new things with Halo 4 instead of just trying to recreate a traditional Bungie Halo experience. With Halo: CE, 343 merely had to revamp the graphics. From the moment they announced Halo 4 at E3 2011, it was abundantly clear that it was going to be a brand new take on an epic series; therefore, anybody who got Halo 4 expecting it to be almost exactly like Halo: CE, 2 & 3 should have known that they'd be disappointed. I am extremely satisfied with Halo 4 and cannot wait to see what 343 will deliver with Halo 5 & 6. Long live Master Chief! Expand
  17. Nov 7, 2012
    This is the best Halo since 2. Making an argument for best in the series. It is stunning in every single way. The graphics must be pushing the limits of the 360 because it would appear that they squeezed every last drop out of this dated console. Kudos to 343.
  18. Nov 7, 2012
    in my opinion this is the best halo game ever made, i wondering why the players have given so bad score for this epic games, and i have a conclusion, most part of this guys are haters or they just didnt like the changes of the multiplayer because made the game more similar with COD series.
    finally, the game have awesome graphics, the best plot, and a very good multiplayer.
  19. Nov 7, 2012
    It's a game, and i enjoyed it from beginning to end. I missed the music by O'donnell though. But this is more than compensated for the amazing graphics and challenging gameplay. Loved it
  20. Nov 7, 2012
    To make it clear - Before all the trolls got on here to ruin its score, Halo 4 was on a user score of 8; So that's the actual rating, not the bastardised one that's on here now. Diablo didn't deserve to be slated like that and neither does Halo 4 - It's a very good game wether you like the changes or not. The biggest improvement over the other games for me is the inclusion ofTo make it clear - Before all the trolls got on here to ruin its score, Halo 4 was on a user score of 8; So that's the actual rating, not the bastardised one that's on here now. Diablo didn't deserve to be slated like that and neither does Halo 4 - It's a very good game wether you like the changes or not. The biggest improvement over the other games for me is the inclusion of sprinting for everyone - I can't believe it wasn't included in the first place. The random weapon locations and ordinance drops help to spice-up the multiplayer and only an idiot would complain about load-outs.

Graphics: 9 (In terms of technical achievement, it's a 10 but the Cov look a little cartoonish)
    Sound: 10
    Gameplay: 9
    Multiplayer: 10
    Story: (Going to leave out as haven't finished the single player)

Basically: If you play games for the same reason I do (because they PLAY well and they're fun) then it's a great game, very slick, well put-together and playable.
  21. Nov 7, 2012
    Simply the best of its kind! If you don't have an 360 yet now its the time to get one. Amazing story. Amazing graphics. Multiplayer like no other game does!
  22. Nov 7, 2012
    Halo 4 is the best halo yet. Everything is upgraded from the graphics, the sound and the multiplayer is the most fun it has ever been. The campaign is very emotional and has one of the best stories in a halo game. I first doubted 343 after bungie left but Halo 4 is one of the best halo games ever made and far better then reach.
  23. Nov 7, 2012
    Same old Halo. Just a teaser for Halo 5 on Xbox720.
    PROS:
    -It´s an OK Halo.
    CONS:
    -You have to read the (great) Halo books (kilo-five and forerunner trilogies) to grasp the plot of this game.
    -Multiplayer has been "CODified".
  24. Nov 7, 2012
    Metacritic deleated my review earlier because I said they should disable ratings because of the amount of trolls bringing the rating down... Looks like they really do care huh? But I'll still say that the game is amazing and you should buy it and I still stand by what I said earlier. For the sake of this site, stop ignoring our cries for help.... Bye.
  25. Nov 7, 2012
    wow this game is amazing all the cod lovers are giving it negative reviews which is'nt right because this game is by far the best halo game to be released don'r read the bad reviews there all lies i can tell you from experience that this is the best halo game to date go by it trust me you wont regret it
  26. Nov 7, 2012
    Quite simply one of the best experiences I've ever had with a game. Halo 4's Graphics are mind-boggingly good. It actually made me Wonder how they did it! Sound is also stellar - With Rich, strong sound effects (With the exception of the Warthog, which sounds like a lawnmower).
    But what really takes this ten notches above any Halo game is the voice acting, script and cut-scene integration into the game. 343 Industries - you rock! Can't wait for Halo 5! :D
  27. Nov 7, 2012
    I have been playing Halo for years and have always enjoyed all aspects of Halo; story, multiplayer, forge, firefight, everything. Bungie may not be the one making Halo games anymore, but the franchise is in good hands. This game really feels like a Halo game but its visuals, weapons, and vehicles are all updated, especially with regards to sound. The story was enjoyable, although it isI have been playing Halo for years and have always enjoyed all aspects of Halo; story, multiplayer, forge, firefight, everything. Bungie may not be the one making Halo games anymore, but the franchise is in good hands. This game really feels like a Halo game but its visuals, weapons, and vehicles are all updated, especially with regards to sound. The story was enjoyable, although it is best to read the books and watch Forward Unto Dawn first. If you don't have the patience, reading a synopsis online will make it much easier to understand. I've always played campaign on Heroic to start out and had no trouble with Halo 4, although I did play smartly, so take that with a grain of salt. Not the longest campaign ever, but I'm really excited for more Spartan Ops and I can't wait to dig in more to multiplayer. Expand
  28. Nov 7, 2012
    I'd give this game 10 out of 10 if it wasn't for the spartan ops avaiable only for gold. There's goes 70 dollars on a 6 hours single player campaign i played a thousand times in better halo games. Give me back Bungie
  29. Nov 7, 2012
    Idk what everyone is complaining and lying about. Best halo by far in the series. Everything from multiplayer to campaign is perfect. Graphics A+ as well as design.
  30. Nov 7, 2012
    The game is still a masterpiece !!!! Visually maybe the best game for an old gen console like Xbox 360 ( not unlike the new Xbox Next, but..still alive and kicking ) . High quality sounds, excellent A.I, jawdropping lightning effects, a lot of haters to kill , awesome storytelling if compared to kilozone and resiflop. Congrats to "new Bungie" aka 343 Industries !!!!

1. Dec 17, 2012