6.9

1. Nov 20, 2012
    Halo your doing it right. What a fantastic game!!! The best graphics in a console FPS period. Killzone 2 looked just as amazing, just lacked COLOR. A story mode that finaly lives up to Halo: CE!!! Don't think about it just BUY IT. The thing I love about Halo is you pay for what you get unlike COD. Halo always changes and isn't the same game every year. Halo does share a lot of elements with COD now. But it still feels like Halo thank god. Expand
  2. Nov 20, 2012
    OK, this is my honest review on the game and I believe it is great! Anyone that believes that they copied Call of Duty outright hasn't played the game. Sure, some features were in CoD first, but some features in CoD were taken from Halo. This is what games do, take ideas from other games and improve on them, which Halo has done. Halo 4 is faster paced than the previous games, with instant respawns in some features, and contains custom loadouts. These loadouts are not in any way truly affected by rank. First of all, it takes 1 War Games Match to go from SR1 to SR2 (SR is the ranking system). At SR2, you can purchase either the DMR or the BR, the two best loadout weapons. If you want a Carbine or Lightrifle for PERSONAL preference, then you have to wait a bit. I prefer the Lightrifle because of its dual functionality, but it isnt BETTER to say the least. All the weapons have their range. Of course a DMR will beat an Assault rifle from a distance. But Assault Rifles will destroy DMR at close range. YOU need to get into position to get the kills, so stop complaining about OP weapons. And there are no "Prestiges" like someone else said, and Amour Abilities are not OP either. Neither are Tactical or Support upgrades. They make small changes for PERSONAL preference. So all in all, Halo 4 has a balanced multi-player.
    The campaign is short but very good. The levels are fun and exciting. So if you have 60$, buy this game NOW!
  3. Nov 20, 2012
    This game is excellent. Singleplayer: The story is lacklustre (but has real potential for sequels) and those flying things are a pain in this ass. Those two minor gripes aside, I loved the new campaign! Spartan Ops: It's revolutionary. It keeps the story going, offers great co-op content, and is a fun alternative to previous Firefight modes. Multiplayer: I love it. It seems like the majority of problems people have with it stem from the game being different than Halo 2. Since I never played much Halo 2, this isn't a problem for me! It brings modern standards to Halo, and keep it fun and exciting. However, I wish there wasn't so much overlap between different guns. I rarely find myself switching from the DMR to any other weapon. Expand
  4. Nov 21, 2012
    this game is amazing? no, it can't be defined with words how great this is... a masterpiece, mindblowing, 10 of 10 , a classic that your childs will have to play. I am from old scholl gaming, and this is so amazing like mario, zelda and lara croft! it's even better than that
  5. Dec 1, 2012
    Congratulations to 343i Studios for creating such a masterpiece of gaming. Through my personal playing of all the aspects of Halo 4, I have only encountered a few minor glitches, that literally have done nothing to slow me down.
    Looking at Halo 4, you would be hard pressed to believe this isn't a next-gen title, as the graphics are utterly stunning, and demonstrate what a talented team of
    developers can do with outdated technology. 343i's emphasis on story and personal connections in Halo 4 comes shining through with a deep, emotional rollercoaster that will have you sitting on the edge of your seat through most of the game. From the absolutely stunning beginning, all the way through to the mind-blowing ending, Halo 4 keeps you wanting more and more.
    Not to be outdone by the incredible campaign, the multiplayer emerges as the best in the entire series. The use of ordinance drops and new game modes makes for an entertaining and balanced competitive multiplayer scene. Meanwhile, Spartan ops delivers a fresh and compelling entry into the series. The use of CG scenes to lay the foundation for the impressive firefight-based missions adds to the overall story based experience 343i wanted to deliver. As always, Forge represents the continuing advancement of player generated content, allowing for an unrivaled creation mode. This review truly doesn't do Halo 4 justice, and the only advice I can truly offer at this point is, go out and try it. You won't be disappointed.
  6. Dec 16, 2012
    this game present the best graphics in Xbox 360, the campaign is short but is very amazing, takes the good things the previous Halo is the best halo since Halo CE. This game is essential in any collection of a user of XBox 360
  7. Dec 18, 2012
    Overall 343 did an amazing job at Halo 4.
    Now over a month after release and after I have spent several dozen of hours I can quite well say that I really like this game. The campaign is a little short but still provides a great and enjoyable experience. Haven
  8. Jan 4, 2013
    I've been a fan of HALO since the very first game (Still own every copy of it). HALO was the very first game i played on my old XBOX. And I fell in love with the game. And I've always looked forward to the next HALO game (except REACH, that game was meh)

I'm a huge fan of everything HALO, and I have to say I am NOT disappointed with HALO 4. It is everything I hoped for and more. The
    sounds/audio is amazing. And the voice acting is superb. Graphics are great for a Console Game. The plot/story is just how I imagined it would be after hours of speculation after Halo 3. And the forerunners look just great.

They did change the sound of several weapons and in my honest opinion. A lot of the sound even better now, and more ear-gasm-ing sounding. You know, they sound epic.

Level design is good, I love the environments and I found myself spending a lot of time looking around at different things. Love the attention to detail.

343 has done a great job, and I admit I was scared they would butcher the series. But they have not. They have give HALO new life, and I hope they will give me many more hours of fun to come.

Spartan Ops is a great addition to the game, I found it to be fun to play, especially with friends.

I did play a little of the Mutliplayer Aspect in HALO 3 and HALO REACH but I never got into it that much. I enjoyed it but it wasn't for me I suppose. But for those worried HALO 4's multiplayer is going to be vastly different. Fear not, it still feels like the good old HALO multiplayer. and it's even more fun now! I love it!

This is the first time I've really been playing HALO's multiplayer aspect and loving it A LOT. I never hated it, I liked it in the past. But it just didn't click for me that much. It does now. It feels just like I guess HALO 3 and REACH. But better, different. But in a good way. (No, it's not simplified. I still get my ass kicked as always) But I don't know. It feels like there's less BS with connections and such now. It runs more smoothly. I did spend a good couple of 100 hours playing REACH Multiplayer sure, I did enjoy it but it wasn't my thing for a while. I found it hard to get into. I suppose now that I know how it works, it was easier for me to get into HALO 4's multiplayer.

Either way, if you're a true HALO fan, you are going to love the campaign and the multiplayer.
  9. Jan 1, 2013
    Amazing game i mean cortanas pretty much naked and the gameplay is at its peak graphics are at its peak real flood and bigger maps more destructive combat.
  10. Jan 6, 2013
    Amazing game! The graphics upgrade that 343 has done on this game is simply outstanding. The new campaign was entertaining and I really enjoyed it. The new Spartan Ops feature is great (New missions with cut scenes done in seasons). At first I was disappointed 343 removed Firefight, but have enjoyed Spartan Ops much more now anyway. The multiplayer is as tight as ever and tons of new weapons and abilities and to the package. This game has broken all my expectations and is my favorite Halo game ever. Expand
  11. Mar 26, 2013
    Wow. That's how you would sum up Halo 4 in one word. Great story, addicting multiplayer,and great ending. Probably the only complaint would be the DMR being over powered. But if playing everything else in the game you won't care. Please if you're a halo fan stop reading this review and buy this game. You won't be disappointed.
  12. Apr 22, 2013
    Halo 4 is definately the best exclusive game on the xbox 360 and thats no easy feat. the single player campaign is pretty good, i dont hink as good as halo 2 or 3 but a good start to a new trillogy staring the one and only master chief. the graphics in the game are quite amazing with lighting that is the true showcase for the game. halo has finnaly come out on top with the graphics are concerned compaired to cod of battlefield. the controls have been tweeked yet again from halo reach where u can now run by default which is very nice and overall i think the contols are quite tight. they did replace the firefight game mode with a new mode called spartan ops which is a nice addition as it has a story in it that goes beyond the campaign as well as letting you use your own spartan. but what really shines is the multiplayer which as been the case for as long as halo has been around. the new perk and armor abilities really spice it up and make the game stand on its own as far as fps games go. the maps both on the cd and dlc are amazing as well with some sure classics in the group such as haven and complex. if you are a halo fan, fps fan, multiplayer fan, or just want a good game this is where it is at. i have over 5 days put into the multiplayer alone. dont think about it just buy it. nuff said. Expand
  13. Apr 23, 2013
    The ending. Enough said. Halo 4 was saved by the incredibly emotional ending. MP is usual Halo so no real problems there. The game is overall probably the weakest Halo game in terms of varied gameplay, however the ending is so strong that it makes it quite memorable.
  14. May 11, 2013
    Possibly one of the best games i have ever played!
    Should be much higher than 6.9
    Enjoyable and rewarding combat
    great story
    Great Multiplayer and modes
    What is not to love!
  15. Aug 2, 2013
    Halo 4 was an easy GOTY 2012. It lived beyond its expectations by bringing a spectacular campaign and a briallantly envigerated multiplayer. The multiplayer features great maps, far superior to the color pallet in Halo Reach, the design exceded as well in these maps. Halo has given custumizeble abilities
    but manages to inovate beyond cod in this but STILL manages to keep the game balanced
    and fun. Forge is great but in my opinion not quite in the glory of Reach. Still the matchmaking exceeds byond any halo except Halo 3 (I dont own an origonal xbox, but have played and loved the first 2 halos.).
    The campaign also brings the best pacing shown in the halo series. The new enemies are great, possibly better than the covenant, but the falcon, revents, drones, and skirmishers (halo reach) are sorely missed But you do take the control of a pelican. My only issue with the campaign was its end, as it brought simple gameplay. Even so the cinematics and story were moving, making me forgive as the very end still delivered. Spartan Ops, another feature of the game, doesnt live up to be as good as firefight, but as there are 50 missions and I will tell many are good. They are not all good, but there is something for everyone. In my opinion, spartan ops is like a jumbe of missions given as a bonus and 343 tells you "here you go, 50 missions, have fun." And you do as spartan ops is great fun with some friends and the generous spawn system allows it to be easy to complete (but not easy in the sense of not dying as the combat's difficulty is on par with the campaign.) In all, Halo 4 comes to be one of the best Halos as a great addition to the franchise and stands as a breath of life into the franchise, bringing
    innovations that shows that Halo is still the king. 10 out of 10/ 9.5 out of 10.
  16. Jul 9, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I love the multiplayer, but i want more game modes to the multiplayer and custom game. The campaign is okay but it would be better if it were 1 more difficulty, like super-legendary so it could be harder to play the campaign, but all the other halos only have those other like halo 4 too. The maps is awesome, and the weapons are awesome... It's a nine from me! Awesome Game Expand
  17. Aug 16, 2013
    Best graphics I have ever seen in a game, fun and thrilling campaign, and the new aspects of multiplayer add a lot of new mechanics and ways to play it.
  18. Nov 19, 2013
    Adorei esse jogo. Perfeito na minha opinião. Graficos muito bons e história aprofundada. Nunca imaginei que Halo cresceria tanto. Um jogo indispensável para os amanter da serie e do console Xbox
  19. Nov 21, 2013
    when I first got this game home, I was breathless on its graphics and story, halo 4 is a step up from reach, up to the end of 2013 I still play halo 4 multiplayer this game is meant to last you years, the only problem is I wished it was a longer game, but over all its perfect in my opinion.
  20. Nov 30, 2013
    Definitely lives up to the standard of this franchise. The campaign is intriguing, interesting and engaging as ever; they even correctly referenced the ending of Halo 3 in the beginning of Halo 4. The plot is kind of slow in the beginning, but easily picks up in a little over half an hour, and new weapons and abilities are sprinkled throughout. The ending [NO spoiler] is very reminiscent of a Bioshock game, and sets the game up for an epic sequel.

The graphics are probably one of the best features of this game. Visually stunning, 343 has improved the game engine drastically, with better shadows, lighting, lens flares, anti-aliasing, textures, and many other great things. Whether you melee an enemy or fire a rocket at a moving car, you can feel the kick from the weapon and hear a satisfying crack as you break a hole in your enemy's skull, all without audio spam.

The soundtrack is superb, as should be expected for a Halo game. In order to fully understand why, you have to listen to it yourself. Epic, expanding, and fitting for the mood of Halo, you won't be disappointed by the audio in this game.

Finally, the multiplayer has been improved and refined in many ways. While the maps may be a little lackluster, weapon loadouts and 343's own take on perks will keep the game fresh and exhilarating, and an HD remake of the classic Halo 3 map Valhalla will trigger your nostalgia.

Overall, a visually well-crafted game with few cons and many pros that will leave you satisfied with the series, game, and what is to come.
  21. Jan 13, 2014
    Greatest Halo game!
    High quality feeling and audio, at 1080p it's graphics rival those of next gen!
    Though I miss the original Halo music, the new music is memorable and emotional..
  22. Nov 7, 2012
    While the story started dull and kinda fast i kept playing and then... I understood that this was one of the best halo games yet IMO.
    It has addicting multiplayer matchmaking, good storyline (also kinda fast)
    it's graphics are top-notch.
    Halo has surprised me yet again!
  23. Nov 10, 2012
    I cant believe why people don't like this game. Most of the time i read reviews about how its crap because of load-outs and kill-cam. these people are just stupid. COD is now halos biggest rival so it was a smart move by 343 to add the load-outs and kill-cam. It was to combat COD. Anyway back to Halo. The graphics are fantastic and the campaign is short and sweet. One of the main reasons why i love this game is the multiplayer. As i said before about the load-outs and kill cam, yes it does take that form call of duty but it still keeps its halo roots. Honestly this game for me feels more like a halo game than reach did. Don't get me wrong, i thought reach was awesome but it just didn't have that true halo feel that halo 3 did. Halo 4 recaptured that raw gaming and halo experience for me. this game is absolutely amazing and 343 has pulled it off. A great Halo game. Expand
  24. Dec 13, 2012
    This game is by no means the best, but this score of 7 is just ridiculous. Considering it as 343i's first Halo game, it's pretty damn amazing. The graphics are one of the best on console, no argument. The music, while lacking in some areas compared to O'Donnell's compositions, is, frankly, amazing, and the campaign is very good--especially the revelation that Master Chief has an emotional side as well. The multiplayer is fast-paced and more COD-like, for better or for worse is you to decide. Spartan Ops is fun as hell, especially as it provides a campaign-like co-op. Expand
  25. Nov 13, 2012
    Best Halo to date. The lighting is amazing, Animation looks incredible. New characters, new weapons, new everything. 343 has done the best job they could do given the circumstances. Can't wait to see where they go with the franchise next.
  26. Nov 8, 2012
    This is honestly the best game i have played this year. The graphics have maximized the xbox's potential. 343i has redone multi-player so that it takes the addictive part of COD but still feels like halo. There are no words to describe the sheer awesomeness of the campaign.
  27. Dec 15, 2012
    Halo 4 by 343 Studios is an attempt to win a race that began with a little outfit named Bungie. If nothing else, this title stands as the last solid breath of the XBOX 360- a final burst of energy from a console on its last leg. Morbid as that may seem, the result is a milestone for both the 360 and the Halo franchise as a whole. It doesn
  28. Nov 13, 2012
    Halo has been and will always be a game of brilliant visual and excellent story writing. Often times it holds itself more like a movie than a game. Halo 4 by itself told a new story that, while following the story of the previous games, felt like a new idea. Halo is a game of nostalgia, but this sequel was mostly new ideas and scrapping a lot of the old (possibly overplayed) ones, so people who think Halo Combat Evolved was the best and halo reach was the worst first person Halo game, you're gonna find that this game plays like reach more than CE. They took away most of the things they had in Halo 1 and put in a whole new set of guns and enemies. They kept most of the human and covenant weapons, but in comparison to the new forerunner guns, they seem a little weak, despite the fact that they made basically every gun in the game seem more powerful and accurate. The new enemies are more difficult to kill for a veteran halo player because they fight differently than previous halo enemies. One thing that many people may like is that there are no flood in this game, in fact they don't even mention the flood, or most of the events of previous games at all. But you are back to fighting the covenant, who got a bit of a makeover, but still fight the same and have almost the same guns. This installment of halo did leave me with a few questions, like "where did the master chief get a slightly new suit?" and "isn't there an easier way to do this that doesn't involve me nearly getting killed and us messing around with ancient alien artifacts?" but that is just mild flaws in the storytelling that only slightly take you out of the story. The biggest note with Halo 4 is that in 11 years, nothing has changed as it comes to gameplay. The newer games add slight alterations like suit mods, run features, weapon changes and enemy swaps, but honestly I am still using the same strategy as halo 1. The fact of the matter is you can take that as you want it, for me I like the small changes to gameplay big changes to story but for some people they can play the halo they have and be just as happy. In my opinion I think this game is fantastic and if it didn't have to be compared to the other halo games then it would get more credit. The features they kept were nice, the ones they took out made sense, and the story was new, I don't look for anything else in a halo game. One other thing is that the infinity multiplayer has a strong call of duty 4 influence to it, but it still feels like halo. And they replaced firefight with spartan ops (firefight with a storyline kinda thing) and it plays fine. I give it a 10 because it's worth it's cost and more, and is all over really good. Expand
  29. Nov 7, 2012
    This is the best Halo since 2. Making an argument for best in the series. It is stunning in every single way. The graphics must be pushing the limits of the 360 because it would appear that they squeezed every last drop out of this dated console. Kudos to 343.
  30. Nov 6, 2012
    I've been a halo player since the original one. Played the heck out of halo 2 and 3. Reach came out and just was a huge disappointment. The multiplayer in this came has come back to life. So far the maps are looking amazing. The feel for the game is back. The battle rifle is back to it's awesome self. Kasparov5 said " Do yourself a favor and buy games truly deserving of your hard earned cash like Dishonored, Hotline Miami, Hitman Absolution." I have dishonored truly an awesome game but once you beat it, you're done; You will not lose that interest with Halo 4. Highly recommend. Well done 343 Industries. Expand
  31. Nov 13, 2012
    Excellend start to the new Halo trilogy. 343i did more than expected for their first fully developed Halo game. Graphics look fantastic, the story is enthralling, and the multiplayer is fun. What more could you ask for? This is a must buy for any fan of the Halo franchise.
  32. Nov 7, 2012
    Simply the best of its kind! If you don't have an 360 yet now its the time to get one. Amazing story. Amazing graphics. Multiplayer like no other game does!
  33. Nov 10, 2012
    Halo 4 is very good. I have been a fan of the series since Halo 2 for the X-box and have seen it go through quite a few iterations. If you are a hardcore Halo 3 fan, then this game might seem tantamount to sacrilege. Let me just say: This is not halo 3, I'm sorry they ruined your game, now stop giving 0 star reviews and throwing off the curve. I also advise you to read no further and just go back to playing Halo 3 with the rest of the 400 people in south America who still hold it dear. For the rest of us who don't mind (or at least are aware of the fact) that games change as time moves forwards, Here you go. I compare this game to Halo: Reach which I loved and consider it a benchmark for the series, this game is different, much more oriented for a faster paced (hate to say it) call of duty indoctrinated audience.
    Sprint is a standard feature ( unlike reach where it was one option out of several abilities ) Guns are unlocked as the player progresses through ranks. Points are awarded per rank, which the player in turn uses to "buy" guns, armor additions, perks and upgrades. This system is not too dissimilar to call of duty admittedly, but that doesn't take away from the satisfaction of saving up points for a special unlock. It is rewarding and gives the player something to work towards. Honestly, I am having a blast playing this game. The visuals are stunning, the new player models are slick and the skins have been tweaked to represent a newer generation of Spartans. The single player is fun and engaging, and of course the brutal legendary difficulty setting is quite fierce to say the least. The multiplayer experience is deep with all the usual game types halo fans are accustomed to, and a deep co-op story which runs parallel to the main campaign and releases new 5 chapter episodes every week or so. This feature not only gives you new content o explore, but can further progress the story and lore in episodic installments. 343 took on a huge task when they took the reigns to the Halo franchise. I think they did it splendidly. Don't be a hater, give Halo 4 a try.
  34. Jan 16, 2013
    As always, Halo never fails to impress me. The hype was well-deserved. Visually, its hands-down the best on consoles for 2012. Its audio is superb, with fitting elements to fit the campaign and its original score may not be the old Halo OST, but in the direction it is going, its safe to say that its a great direction. The scores are utterly epic. As for the campaign, the storyline and voice acting is the best so far in the Halo series. The campaign may be short, but the storyline and gameplay makes up for this shortcoming. The relationship between Master Chief and Cortana shown in the campaign has never been moving in a video game. The sounds, are incredible. Whenever you fire a weapon, it sounds like it has more power than in the previous games, it has more "oomph!". Honestly, Metacritic should have given this epic game at least a 90, and the user ratings are utterly blasphemous. Overall, this game, should be your #1 game to get if you are into FPS, and for 2012. However, you may be confused as to what is going on if you do not refresh your knowledge of Halo lore, like the events that lead up to the events of Halo 4. As for multiplayer however, improvements could be made, but otherwise its fun as hell. Spartan Ops is an episodic story with multiplayer in mind. I have to say that the first 5 episodes did not meet my expectation, as the episodes we play has a lack of connection with the stories told in the CG scenes, but from what i hear, episode 6-10 have been improved, and I expect a good show from 343. To everybody reading this review, Halo 4 is a must get. If it does not land on your shelf, then you have just missed out on the legacy of gaming. You will regret it. 343, I salute you. Improve upon whatever you have done, and you shall come out with a proper AAA title once more. Congratulations, 343! Expand
  35. Nov 6, 2012
    Campaign only: I was worried it was going to go too far away from the others but I was pleasantly surprised. The cut scenes are amazing graphic wise. The first few minutes blew me away with the detailing in the facial expressions. The weapons were great, several old ones coming back. There were new weapons as well. Some of the game play is repetitive from earlier games, but I personally enjoyed the few familiar feeling parts. It made it feel like a part of Halo to me. The storyline was fantastic and emotionally stimulating. The soundtracks were moving and exciting. I loved it. I've played Halo since the beginning of the entire series and I thought they did a wonderful job making it feel new and familiar. Definitely worth my time and money. Expand
  36. Nov 6, 2012
    I'm a long term fan of the Halo series and this new edition certainly lives up to my personal standards but not only does it live up to them, it surpasses them in every way. The graphics are amazing, though like in all games this novelty wears off rather quickly, regardless they are stunning. The story is where the games gets me, it's well composed, the conflicts are interesting and if you are enduring halo fan like me, it hits close to home. I don't think i have felt this emotional during a game since red dead. I thought that they could have spent a bit more time developing master chief though. On a more technical aspect the sounds are fantastic and the music fits very and creates an awesome atmosphere. Overall the game delivers on nearly all of it's promises and i think 343 are well on their way to filling those massive shoes that were left behind. Expand
  37. Nov 6, 2012
    At first I was suspicious of the many changes the Halo franchise has undergone in the hands of 343 Industries. However it seems like those worries were unneeded as this game is brilliant! Yes, the campaign is very enjoyable and has overall a great story integrated. Matchmaking has been improved since reach too, only missing the visible in-game ranking system halo 3 and halo 2 possessed which is a pity for the competitive community, but I enjoyed Matchmaking (Or war games as it's called now) so far. Another neat new feature is Spartan Ops, A sort of coop campaign in which every a new episode releases to play. The new graphics are stunning and the new sounds are blowing me away. Definitely my favorite game of 2012! Expand
  38. Nov 13, 2012
    Amazing, just flat out Amazing. Halo has become a series every gamer should take apart of. The visuals are down right spectacular. The campaign is amazing, and very well rounded. 343 has taken a large step in a good direction.
  39. Nov 7, 2012
    The game does nothing "new". But as per most Halo games, everything it does do, it does really well. I have had a blast on multiplayer, - however the lack of "co-op campaign" play lists (IE campaign with randoms) and a lack of firefight mode is a shame. Map size in multiplayer is excellent, especially when you consider the size of some of the levels in the recent COD games. This does not feel like shooting fish in a barrel.

Graphics are lovely (for current generation console level). Sound is very nice and the story seems to be moving allong nicely. (i have not played it all the way yet).
  40. Nov 6, 2012
    Es el Halo definitivo, no hagáis caso a los majaras estos, no entiendo esta manía por Halo, llega a estancarse y es lo mismo, hay quejas, cambia muchas cosas y mantiene su esencia aunque con leves cambios, os quejáis, de verdad, me dáis pena, es el mejor Halo porque es el que más gente ha atraído, sus gráficos son increíbles, su historia es muy interesante, y su multijugador es una mezcla muy interesante entre Halo y Call of Duty,
    GOOD FOR 343, THEY MADE THE BEST HALO OF THE HISTORY
  41. Nov 6, 2012
    The best game of my life . Perfect in alla aspects . Awesome graphic band story
    This game must be the Goty and for me the Game of this generation of console.
    Thank you Microsoft , i love you All 383 industries
  42. Nov 6, 2012
    lmao of course, trolls cant accept that halo 4 has 5.0 and they come back to bring it down to 4.9. Typical. This is the first time halo 4's reviews go down since right after the release, so its easy to tell. Just stop
  43. Nov 6, 2012
    Thank you 343. Halo 4 delivers an experience that Halo fans will love, and newcomers will find themselves enthralled in. The great graphics, engaging gameplay, and great story leave one wanting more.(Spartan Ops). Halo has returned to its rightful place at kingofthexbox.
  44. Nov 6, 2012
    This the must have game for the Xbox 360. Solid Campaign (Story is solid and everywhere and I follow the books and other media), The gameplay mechanics are tight as ever, the game is STUNNING, voice acting is AAA, Multiplayer competitiveness is at it's peak, spartan-ops looks very promising.

This is the game that people buy the Xbox 360 for. And this is why Halo is and will be the
    killer and biggest growing franchise of the gaming world. Expand
  45. Nov 6, 2012
    Man the people who have given this game a below 8 rating are straight out of their minds. This is the biggest game ever made. The AAA among AAA.

This game looks amazing, feels amazing, plays amazing. Anybody who says otherwise has not played a decent shooter or modern game.

At first I had my doubts but 343 Industries has done a beautiful job helming the franchise in the direction of
    Halo 4. I trust them entirely with future outings of any other Halo game. Multiplayer is the go-to Xbox live online experience (War Games AND Spartan-ops) Campaign fits perfectly in the Halo lore and leaves with a good cliffhanger for future games and media, and Forge (ability to create from scratch custom maps however you like) satisfies all the mine craft fans who like to build stuff out of thin air.

Best Game out to date PERIOD [Includes PS3 (which I own all the biggest games: Uncharted 2,3; Killzone, God of War, etc.), PC (Which I play Diablo 3 and StarCraft among many others) and Wii (Zelda and That I have for when family comes over) and obviously Xbox 360]

Halo 4 represents the pinnacle (so far) of gaming across all platforms and systems.
  46. Nov 6, 2012
    This game is gorgeous with stunning visuals for a 360 game. The KI is very well done and acts at the higher difficulties challenging. The multiplayer is fun and rewarding, skill is required. Spartan-ops makes the game even bigger and makes the it feel like a complete package. Even if the game is not flawless, one has to admit that the game is worth beyond the price. Do yourself a favor and pick it up. Expand
  47. Nov 6, 2012
    This must be the best game ever, the graphics are mindblowing, the campaign experience that i had was simply amazing! The relationship between master chief and cortana really comes to life in this halo and ypu get to dig deeper into each character, i do hope that the standars will be kept throughout the trilogy coming. Multiplayer is boss like always and spartan ops turned out to be a blast! I've already had tons of fun with this game and i will continue with that for sooo long. A must but, and most likely game of the year 2012! Go chief and go cortana! Expand
  48. Nov 6, 2012
    Signed up to post this review, as I feel the user reviews here are not a true representation of the worth of this game.

The multiplayer is nothing short of a return to form - fast paced, competitive, adrenaline fuelled fun. A far cry from the painfully slow and boring gunplay of Reach, and easily as good as [if not better than] Halo 3. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, this game's multiplayer
    is quite easily the best in the series since the golden era of Halo 2. The only thing that stopped me from giving it a ten is the fact that sprint as a default for all players has rended the game somewhat more chaotic. It has also had a negative effect on the maps, which are now designed to complement sprint, being generally much bigger. This could be a barrier to the titles true competitve worth, especially in the tourny scene. In summation, I am overjoyed to finally be playing some high quality halo multiplayer again, after the proverbial brainfart that was Reach. Expand
  49. Nov 6, 2012
    The most complete and perfect game that already played scenarios with gorgeous graphics, scenarios and very large with lots of variety, making the space with the plane gave a taste of playing with star wars was living on the skin of Lucas scair walker, a fantastic story, well this generation and the best game that anyone can see, this complication is being revised this without having played the whole game, I only ask that people loved to make the revised finish the game first Expand
  50. Nov 6, 2012
    The game is great, the campaign and graphics are pushing the limit of the console and the multiplayer has lots of options so you can play classic halo or infinity slayer. 343 really tried to introduce new blood to the series and yet keep the things that made it great.
  51. Nov 6, 2012
    Halo 4 comes to definitely be the GOTY 2012, great graphics, great gameplay and lots of fun and a multiplayer mode that borders on perfection, not to mention the campaign mode is excellent and featuring the return of Master Chief.
  52. Nov 6, 2012
    Halo 4 is the offspring of 10 years of 30 second fun every 30 seconds. That's what Halo has always been a bout. AI that is so good that it makes the game interesting and fun with every encounter. Rather than linear corridors and amusement ride scripted events, Halo 4 gives you wide open levels and the ability to attack as you see fit.

Without giving away and spoilers: The story is well
    acted and well written as well as well paced and satisfying. The game play is perfectly balanced and fun. The graphics are the best you will see on any console. It looks so good you'll think it's CGI until you see the CGI cut-scenes that you'll think are live action. No other game on Xbox 360 or even PS3 has the level of detail and sophisticated art direction as Halo 4. This is the game that people will talk about in the years to come when discussing the best graphics of this generation. The sound and music is so good it's hard to explain. Buy the soundtrack, it's that good.

If you have an Xbox 360 you must buy Halo 4. If you don't have an Xbox 360, then buy one so you can play Halo 4 and the other Halo games. Don't deny yourself the best that gaming has to offer.
  53. Nov 7, 2012
    Ranking system, new playlits and theater coming soon in the new Tu's so i would withhold my review until they come.
  54. Nov 6, 2012
    I don't know where these third rate reviews are coming from. From personal experience and through much conversing with the community, I've found Halo 4 to be a success. The game has improved in many different ways. Story Art design Lighting Game physics Audio Amount of content given to the player (I honestly think some of these review are negative for the sake of being negative.)

To be objective, there are a few issues with phasing in some of the campaign levels, but that would be the limit of my critique. The game has made improvements in every aspect of its formula. It may not be innovation that everyone is looking for but a game shouldn't have to change from a FPS to a FPRPG like borderlands for instance (beautiful game btw) to be considered great. My suggestion is play the game for yourself, even if you have to rent it first. Then make your decision.
  55. Nov 6, 2012
    OK HALO 4 is a new step for the franchise. First of the campaign, its emotional and intense. Cortana plays a very important part in the story which is great because it isnt all focused on the chief. Gameplay still feels alot like halo even though they added sprint and changed the button layouts (which you can change it the way you prefer). Guns feel more powerful and sound very powerful, the graphics are probably the best ive seen on xbox so far. my least favorite favorite thing about the game is the soundtrack its good but it isnt the same without Marty O' Donnell. Multiplayer is fast and really hectic which is awesome! they switch it up this time by adding unlocks and ranking system. I can understand why 343 would add such things it gives the game a new flow. The matches are well balanced. im glad they bought the chief back. Expand
  56. Nov 6, 2012
    Quick Review: Graphics: 10/10 Absolutely gorgeous. Cut scenes are better than Wars. Story: 9.5 Greg Bear definitely had a large part in this. Gameplay: 9.5 Slightly repetitive but it kept me interested throughout. Multiplayer: 9.5 Very, very fun, much better than Reach. Dialogue: 10 Brilliant Writing. Soundtrack: 9.5 Average is above 9.5, so it rounds up to 10.
  57. Nov 6, 2012
    This game is nothing short but amazing. one of the best halo games, but still, not quite as amazing as the third one... but probably the second best evar
  58. Nov 6, 2012
    Halo 4 far surpassed my expectations, and can safety be considered the most advanced story line of any first person shooter. The depth and emotion put into Halo 4 is remarkable. It is a great evolution on an old console, and contains some of the best 360 graphics I have seen. I would recommend that the player reads the Halo Novels to bring the full beauty of the plot out in the open, but it is still a great story without. The mechanics are different, but still hold true to their roots. The running is very rugged at times, bring a real feel. All in all I would assume this to be the game of the year. 343 delivered an excellent story, and soundtrack. Expand
  59. Nov 6, 2012
    Easily one of the best Halos made to date. While the controls and general game-play feel very much like the other installments, both the campaign and multiplayer aspects of Halo 4 take a gentle turn away from typified Halo styling. The single player story is more detailed and in-depth with a greater focus on immersion and making the player feel like the main character. The musical score is fantastic and the pacing of the story keeps the player engaged. The feel of the game, however, is slightly different from other Halos. The beautiful graphics definitely are the prettiest thing on the 360 to date although the forerunner terrain and characters definitely take a lot of inspiration from the Metroid franchise. The multiplayer spartan customization also heavily follows the CoD formula. But much more than other Halos, 343 placed a great emphasis on character development. Chief and Cortana (and their relationship) stays are the forefront of the story. But these are not necessarily bad things. All of those aspects come together to create the most unique halo experience since the original. Quite frankly, this game is a splendid example of the shooter genre. Will it match titles such as Half-Life and Bioshock in single player mode or originality? Probably not. But Halo 4 makes a great attempt and from all angles still delivers a top-notch game in a crowded field. Will this game be worth your money? Yes. Does it deserve all the hype? 343 definitely made a great attempt at doing so. Is it going to please all Halo fans? No, it does have it's own unique feel that will steer some fans away. Halo 4 borrows some art and multiplayer design from other games. In the end, however, the overall package is a great buy and definitely one of the best titles to come out this holiday season, is not this year. If Halo fans were waiting for a fresh start on the Halo universe, their day has come. Expand
  60. Nov 6, 2012
    I'm completely stunned that this game is getting suck poor user reviews. I just finished the campaign, and I looked back on my entire Halo experience, thinking about how lucky I have been to play this series. Halo 4 is amazing. The multiplayer is fun. you've got tons of Spartan Ops to look forward to, the graphics are stunning, the music is passionate, and the overall story is a heartbreaking tale of a man and his AI. 343, well done. Expand
  61. Nov 6, 2012
    FIRST off, you can obviously tell that jealous trolls who dont own an xbox have given intentional low scores to bring down the overall meta score. But for anyone truly interested in checking this game out,take it from me, ive been playing halo since it first came out (mainly a campaign player) and am glad to say this rocks. It is STILL a fps,so inspite of what the naysayers may complain about (not enough ironsights, same gameplay, etc) this is halo for the new generation. Yes, the campaign may be a tad on the short side, but not cod short if u know what i mean. If you are sick and tired off shooters then this game may not not change you, but to write this game off with 0's etc, maybe you guys are not enjoying games anymore and its time to find a new hobby. Expand
  62. Nov 6, 2012
    This game is fantastic. Please do not listen to the trolls giving it low scores, they come here every launch and downvote for the 'LULZ'. If you thought that Halo Reach was too slow you're gonna be so happy with this. Game plays faster than any previous halo - but not too fast - and strikes the balance between fun, quick gameplay and Call of Duty's "If someone saw you first you die, no matter how skillful you are" type stuff.

Multiplayer is fantastic.
  63. Nov 7, 2012
    This game is amazing. Simply amazing. A fantastic piece of art and something 343 should be proud of. We'll start with graphics. They are simply amazing. The most beautiful graphics on Xbox, maybe even on console. The single player has a very nice story. The story is detailed and complex. It is emotional at times especially for old fans. One common complaint is "the single player is too short....". Well, it does only have eight missions, but they are relatively long. And remember Spartan Ops. That links with the main story and gives the campaign 5+ more hours. So when you include that, it's actually a long single player experience. Longer than a lot of other games. So what are the haters solidly complaining about? Nothing. The soundtrack. Marty is gone, Neil is in. I won't compare them out of respect, but don't worry, Neil does a great job. It feels like Halo music, yet it has a new something to it. It's wonderful and gets you into the game really well. Then there's the whole multiplayer aspect. I love to play Flood (Living Dead in Reach), and 343 have intensified that very well. It's creepy, and you get really into it. It's an amazing game mode. The other ones are great to b2b is still amazing and the maps are brilliant. The mantis works well, if not a little overpowered and the vehicles have been refurbished. Forge mode has a tonne of new features and it's now very easy to build structures. But then comes the most important question. Does it feel like Halo? The answer? An astounding yes. It goes right back to Halo 1 and in my books it's the best Halo yet. The mystery of it all is very similar to Halo's. The feel when you land on Requiem is very similar to the feel you got when you first landed on the first ring. Lot's of curiosity. Why are so many people hating? Call Of Duty. A lot of the negative reviews you'll see here are from COD fanboys who constantly harass Halo anything on the internet. It's amazing how drawn they are to Halo vids on youtube. I can guarantee that lot's of the people with voted negative have never played Halo 4 and never will. A lot of the rest have never played a Halo until this, meaning they have no emotional link with Chief and Cortana, which ruins the campaign for them. Bottom line is, get it if your a Halo fan. Just get it. It's worth it. If you haven't played Halo yet then I advise you play the others first to get the most out of it. Halo 1, 2 and 3 are all fantastic games. Buy them and buy Halo 4. You won't regret it. And for you saying there is not enough change - new guns, new class of guns, new vehicles, new characters, new enemies, new world, new graphics, new sprint button, new completely redone multiplayer, new armour abilities, new soundtrack, new Spartan customization options, new Spartan armour options, new game mode, new multiplayer playlists, new forge options, new ui, new HUD and goodness knows how many other new features I'm yet to discover. To say this is the same as Halo Reach is to say a chair is the same as a tree. Sure, the chair came from the tree and is made from the same material, but they are completely redone and remade into something better and more useful. COD hasn't changed in the slightest sense since MW1. This makes drastic changes. For the better. Expand
  64. Nov 6, 2012
    easily way better than halo reach. Id even put it up there with halo 3. outstanding graphics, new weapons and ordnance drops!! the gameplay is a lot more fast paced and the Battle rifle makes a return!
  65. Nov 6, 2012
    This is the greatest halo ever. I havent been this excited since halo 2. Graphics are hugely improved. Campaign is probally easily the best . Multiplayer is the heart and soul of halo and games like Cod, so how is it. Golden, even though im not a big fan with the armor abalities but i like the sprinting that makes it fast paced. There is no armor lock which everyone absolutely hated,including me. There so manny weapns then the usual couple. Also dont trust this bull crap zero rating reviews this game has only been out for a day and this idiots probally dont even have the game or even though anything. Dont trust the 4.9 user score. Its a bunch of no life idiots who dont even have this game. Anyway if you love halo defently get this if your not sure rent or something and try it out. 10/10 for halo lovers. 9.6/10 for newbies. Expand
  66. Nov 6, 2012
    The game is amazing! The best in the series. 343 Industries made all the right changes. There are a lot of COD players her that don't even have the game and are just bashing it.
  67. Nov 6, 2012
    If you played Halo Reach, you knew how the changes in the game hurt the overall prestige of the game. Bungie went out of the Halo 2/Halo 3 comfort zone and produced a game many people did not like including myself. Halo 4 has gone a direction that I like with the multiplayer not being like Reach, but feeling on par with Halo 2 to Halo 3 again. The AA are not overpowered and balance each other. The game is beautiful visually. The campaign is good, better than Reach's and I like the emotional story involved, though we all wish it was longer, Spartan Ops is the add-on extending the campaign experience. Seriously, people giving this game a 1 or a 2 are truly not playing Halo like they should. This game is a must buy for Halo fans and people who like Halo 2 and Halo 3. Expand
  68. Nov 6, 2012
    Fantastic game. It's not Halo 2, but nothing will be! The second best of the series. Great job 343, I was not expecting it to be so balanced and action paced.
  69. Nov 6, 2012
    All I have to say is that this game is amazing and it is alot better then I thought it would be. The campaign/story, graphics, sound FX, music and multiplayer are all great and well done. At first it took some time to get used to with the new story and all, but once you start playing through and actually focus more on the story instead of just playing through it, it is really deep. It also gets even deeper if you unlock the terminals for Halo waypoint. Multiplayer is blast! I loved Halo Reach but I was slightly disappointed in Halo Reaches multiplayer. Though Halo Reaches multiplayer was going the right direction, I just felt that it just didn't nail it. But IMHO, I believe Halo 4 nailed it, at least way closer the Halo Reach did. All I can say is, this game looks and feels like Halo. One last thing. Don't be discouraged about a lot of the negative ratings. Most of them are PS3 and COD fan boys who just want to see this game fail. Also a lot of them are just trolling just to get attention or they think its absolutely funny. How do I know, because I know a several of them lol! Expand
  70. Nov 6, 2012
    This game plays and looks fantastic. Im also suprised how well this game runs on the xbox 360 while still maintaining stunning visuals. The gameplay is great and story is also great. Cheif and cortana really have a more emotional connection in this game which really sucks you into the emotion and makes you care what happens

Halo never gets old. Never gets boring. Halo is the only FPS I
    still enjoy. Expand
  71. Nov 6, 2012
    To put it simply, this game is a masterpiece. 343 industries did an amazing job in the four years it took them to create this game from scratch. I would recommend Halo 4 to anyone who loves a rich, immersive, emotional story accompanied with amazing, jaw-dropping visuals.. If you do not have an xbox, I would highly recommend you go out and buy one, for this game is a must own in my opinion.
  72. Nov 10, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I just finished the Campaign on Legendary. I thought it was fantastic, a truly great Halo game. However, there were things that I think could have been done better;
    1. No QTE's. That's it. Plain and simple. I would have rather the Didact died in a cutscene then a QTE.

2. Length. I think the Campaign would have benefited from having levels that were the same length, but about 12-15 instead of 8. Or simply have 8 levels, but make then longer.
    I think that the length of the campaign is also synonymous with story/plot. Don't get my wrong, I liked it very much and thought it was great, but lacking at some points. I believe if the campaign was longer, it would have allowed for a more intricate and better story/plot writing. BUT as I said, it was still solid.

3. There were a fair amount of vehicles, and they were good. But I think that there should have been a Hornet or Falcon. I freaking loved the Falcon in Reach, it would've been cool to see it come back. My top three MP improvements;
    1. KILLCAMS. They're stupid and completely unneeded.

2. More distinct armor. I don't mind the armor too much, some I like very much, but what I mean by this is armor that you can recognize from across the battlefield. I loved nailing that guy who has been pissing me off for half the match in Reach, and KNOWING it was him because of his armor. The armor in Halo 4 isn't terrible but a lot of it is very similar. I can only think of two things I don't like about the Halo 4 multiplayer. So there you have it. This is an outstanding game, and an even better Halo game. I have been playing for days, have started my second playthrough on Legendary and I'm loving every minute of it. 343i have put their heart and soul into this game, and it completely shows. All my criticisms are over shadowed by the everything else that is is so brilliantly done. P.S. for anyone reading this (hopefully a few of the sites Admins/Mods) I want to state my opinion on the "User Review" section. A lot of the user reviews, especially with this game are complete BS. They're full of CoD kiddies and PS3 fanboys who come here to give it a bad review, simply because it is Halo. One such guy giving it a 0/10 score and admitting that the game does NOT deserve a 0, but he gave it that score because he simply does not like Halo. Another such "reviewer" stating that he doesn't like the game because it doesn't have good graphics and isn't as good as Uncharted. I'm telling you now, the User Review feature on this sight is broken, corrupt and full of people who don't know how to write a review (I'm not saying I do) and people giving it a bad score simply because it is Halo.
  73. Nov 6, 2012
    This game was worth every penny. The greatest graphics i have seen, and a very fun campaign. My only complaint with the campaign was that the story was a little unclear, and it was sometimes not very apparent what the purpose of the current mission was. I think a lot of detailed content that was taken from books were over a lot of the players heads in game. The level design was very fun and interesting, but it didnt have the EPIC feel that CE and 3 had. As for the multiplayer, I think they tried too much to take from COD. im sure 343 looked at the list of the biggest money makers and tried to move in that direction. Things that were unnecessary would be kill cams, gun camos and even maybe sprint. Im still on the fence. But, its not even 12 hours from the release.. so it is still too soon to really say. also, quickly, the stickies do basically nothing, are too small and never seem to hit the target. same for frags. and for the love of god, the SAW needs to be nerfed A$AP Expand
  74. Nov 6, 2012
    I don't understand why this game is getting bad reviews. Maybe they just all **** suck at this game. I'm playing this **** just fine I don't see anything wrong with it, besides the fact that I don't have my Mark VI armor yet even though I beat legendary solo campaign.
  75. Nov 6, 2012
    Beautiful scenery, great additions to the weapons, HUD, Multi-player, story line, even the menu layout is beautiful. master chief keeps his worldly renowned master chiefness. the new story is intriguing and fresh. Multi-player takes a bit to get used to but its well worth it.. i give the game a 9 and not a 10 only because there is no SWAT which they BETTER! fix and because i do not like how the controller is setup, if they could have at least made a extra choice for the layout where RB is sprint B is melee and L-Click is STILL crouch i would have no complaints other than that amazing game. Well done 343. Expand
  76. Nov 6, 2012
    Halo 4 is amazing!!!! Best graphics, sound, gameplay, action, and multiplayer in the series. The campaign is amazing and pulls you into the game. New worlds and beautiful environments make you want to play more! Forge, war games, campaign, and spartan ops allow hours and hours of fresh experiences and endless gameplay ! Congratulations to 343 Industries!
  77. Nov 6, 2012
    GOTY material, 343 really did a great job with Halo 4. This installment is amazing, the visuals, the story, the sounds, and gameplay, I found myself just sitting in the menu listening to the theme song, staring out at beautifully crafted structures, and running out of ammo frequently, aswell as forget theres a meal on the table because of this. *The Campaign is great with cut-scenes that will leave you wondering if they were live-action. I loved the focus on Master Chief's and Cortana's relationship, and yes it does get emotional at times and i dont think theres anything wrong with that. Overall single player is 8/10 in my book.

*Multiplayer, Halo 4's multiplayer is simply amazing. It keeps it old school but adds new elements to spice it up like, sprint being cemented into the game, instead on scoping out you now flinch when shot, instant respawns which increases the intensity of the game and it is greatly noticeable, and many other new aspects. Sometimes old is better than new so when i heard that Halo 4 would be bringing back a 1-50 rank post-launch i got even more excited as it brought back great memories of H2, if they in fact release this soon it would bring back what halo fans desire the most. I can honestly say that Halo 4 is the best FPS multiplayer i have ever played and experienced, beating MW3, BF3, BO, H3, Reach and MoH. This is where Halo shines, arena-style multiplayer at its best...13/10. I'll be playing Halo 4 until the foreseeable future...well depends how good BO2 is but I cant see myself putting Halo 4 down either way.
  78. Nov 6, 2012
    Halo four has amazing graphics, a great campaign mode, and the new multiplayer modes are fantastic, 343 industries did a fantastic job on this game 10/10 Game of the Year worthy.

The graphics look like CGI and the CGI looks like real life.
  79. Nov 7, 2012
    This game is great! I was a little worried about the direction in which multiplayer was going because it reminded me a bit of other non Halo shooters that were very unbalanced. However after playing the game for a good deal of time I Iearned to love the multiplayer. 343 did a great job balancing something which would seems like it could be so easily poorly developed. I would recommend this game to most Halo fans(except those not willing to accept any innovation in the series). I've been playing Halo since 2002 and I must say that I havn't had so much fun playing Halo since Halo 2! Expand
  80. Nov 7, 2012
    Taking the story of Halo in a bold and new direction, 343 Industries finally emerges from Bungie's shadow with its first true creation - a love letter addressed to both the most steadfest of Halo fans and casual gamers alike

It is easy to see that when Microsoft were on the lookout for a new team to take the helm for the Halo franchise, they were looking for not only the most talented
    developers, but Halo fans themselves, who were determined to take the series under their wing and make it their own.

The campaign is a less of a giant action packed space opera, and more of a personalised story about the relationship between our main heroes - The Master Chief, and Cortana. 343 takes a more emotional route this campaign around, while its taking you on a rollercoaster ride through a huge range of locales, whilst following the traditional Halo campaign level structure. I'm not going to spoil anything, but I will say that the ending is incredibly ballsy of 343 to pull off, and I guarantee its going to be a bittersweet moment for anyone who played and enjoyed the original trilogy.

Hardcore Halo fans will rejoice at the new multiplayer, which has returned the gunplay to its roots, while simultaneously introducing many new features in order to change the game up a little bit, and keeping it modernised and up-to-date with its competitors. I haven't had this much fun playing multiplayer since Halo 2, and after the somewhat disappointing Halo 3, and the terrible Halo: Reach, playing this game gives me hope that Halo can once again dominate the Xbox Live leaderboards.

If you are any sort of Halo fan, this game is an instant must-buy.

YOU SHALL NOT BE DISAPPOINT
  81. Nov 7, 2012
    The game is still a masterpiece !!!! Visually maybe the best game for an old gen console like Xbox 360 ( not unlike the new Xbox Next, but..still alive and kicking ) . High quality sounds, excellent A.I, jawdropping lightning effects, a lot of haters to kill , awesome storytelling if compared to kilozone and resiflop. Congrats to "new Bungie" aka 343 Industries !!!!
  82. Nov 7, 2012
    Idk what everyone is complaining and lying about. Best halo by far in the series. Everything from multiplayer to campaign is perfect. Graphics A+ as well as design.
  83. Nov 7, 2012
    I have been playing Halo for years and have always enjoyed all aspects of Halo; story, multiplayer, forge, firefight, everything. Bungie may not be the one making Halo games anymore, but the franchise is in good hands. This game really feels like a Halo game but its visuals, weapons, and vehicles are all updated, especially with regards to sound. The story was enjoyable, although it is best to read the books and watch Forward Unto Dawn first. If you don't have the patience, reading a synopsis online will make it much easier to understand. I've always played campaign on Heroic to start out and had no trouble with Halo 4, although I did play smartly, so take that with a grain of salt. Not the longest campaign ever, but I'm really excited for more Spartan Ops and I can't wait to dig in more to multiplayer. Expand
  84. Nov 7, 2012
    It's a game, and i enjoyed it from beginning to end. I missed the music by O'donnell though. But this is more than compensated for the amazing graphics and challenging gameplay. Loved it
  85. Nov 7, 2012
    in my opinion this is the best halo game ever made, i wondering why the players have given so bad score for this epic games, and i have a conclusion, most part of this guys are haters or they just didnt like the changes of the multiplayer because made the game more similar with COD series.
    finally, the game have awesome graphics, the best plot, and a very good multiplayer.
  86. Nov 8, 2012
    This is coming from somebone who has played Halo since 2002 heres the pros and cons. PROS Amazing graphics that get better as you progress through the campaign. Brilliant sound design and musical score. Addictive gameplay. The series is in safe hands. Great story and voice acting. CONS The xbox 360 is starting to show its age (No fault of 343!) No control of audio mix No firefight The multiplayer should aim for 60fps + More player count in slayer in Halo 5 next gen (This is due to the aging 360 again)

All in all its a great game and im suprised just how good! worth your money.
  87. Nov 7, 2012
    i bought this game played campagn i loved it i tried the multyplayer i loved it . it was great . a little hard but fun .i played it with my cousin . he loved it
  88. Nov 7, 2012
    Halo is back! I have been a Hardcore Halo fan since the original title in 2001. I have to say that Halo 4 is the best title in the series, it's campaign story is very engaging and mature. The AI is better than ever, intelligent and fun. The multi-player side of Halo 4 take a little bit of every Halo and combine it to perfection. It is addictive and crisp. For all of you who were waiting for a Halo game to be a graphic power house, Halo 4 is what you've been waiting for, the game is gorgeous, one of the best looking games this generation. This is a genuine 10/10 and a game I'll be playing for a long time. Expand
  89. Nov 7, 2012
    Stop trolling this awesome game you 13 year old tweenie twilight loving little queers. Just because you can't understand a story and suck at multiplayer doesn't mean the game is bad. Tell you what take the game back to gamestop and trade it towards black ops 2 so your parents don't have to buy you another full price game.
  90. Nov 7, 2012
    I have been playing halo since Combat Evolved came out for the original Xbox. I have seen the evolution of the series and all I can say is I am truly impressed. 343 industries took the mantle and most definitely ran with it. In my opinion Halo 4 is without a doubt one of the best in the series. The campaign has you at the edge of your seat the ENTIRE time as you move from level to level. Spartan ops is hella fun to play with your friends and it's a cool little side story following in the eyes of a Spartan-IV in Crimson squad. Finally the multiplayer is second to none. Best in the series! I have to admit it takes a few games to get the hang of it, and I would say there's a slight learning curve to learn the new "feel" of it, but now I am having a lot of fun with it and it keeps me coming back. Don't listen to all these trollers on here (which is a damn shame btw), but rather pick up the game, rent it, do what ever you do, and form an opinion out of it for yourself. Halo 4 is a masterpiece, and I guarantee that you will not be disappointed. I am personally giving Halo 4 a 10 out of 10 because it deserves it. Job WELL done 343! You have MY support. Expand
  91. Nov 7, 2012
    This is literally the best Halo game ever created. it has been updated in every way. It has none of the weaknesses of previous title, but retains all the strengths of the previous iterations. The gameplay is still the same formula, but has been added to with perks, streak rewards, instant replay cams and better balance by making each perk/armor ability/tactical ability badass. This game will be well received for sure and will be in mlg for many years to come. 343 finally got the Halo formula down for this current generation of gamers. Don't get me wrong. If you are not twitchy and are not capable of using both analog sticks quickly and cohesively, then none of the Halo's are for you. If your more of a camper and need a hardcore mode with tons of aim assist, then you should stay on Modern Warfare 3...........but if you like arena shooters and you love more of a pure twitchy gun play that leads to awesome firefights, then you will be in heaven. I usually do not post on metacritic, but seeing how people gave this game negative feedback while it is a quintessential perfect game caused me to have to set up this account just to let people know how trully great this game really is. If you liked any previous Halo games, then you will love this game. If you dislike all previous Halo games then you will not like this Halo game. All in all the graphics, sound, and gameplay are the best I have ever played. I have been gaming for 30 years straight so do not take my review lightly. Any person that hates this game is just a hater period. All real gamers will really appreciate every little nuance that went in to this game. 343 really has done a special thing with this franchise. I hope they keep on improving the formula with every new Halo because I am in love with Halo 4. =) Expand
  92. Nov 7, 2012
    343 Industries, I thought you would ruin the magic of the halo series but you DIDN'T! Halo has easily been my favourite series in games of all time, i'm usually very rough on games but I was blown away by the awesome effects, the prometheans (new enemies), gun sound effects, STORYYY!!! and a lot more. I hope you bring this magic to Halo 5 and 6. THANK YOU 343!!!
  93. Nov 7, 2012
    Halo 4 is a special game. It's an evolution in story, gameplay, and art for sure, but it's also the first time a major entry in the Halo series that wasn't mad by it's original creators: Bungie.

343 Industries goes above and beyond in the 4th installment of the acclaimed Halo series. They took a game that millions of people hold close to their hearts and breathed new life into it.

--Story--
    Halo 4's story picks up 4 years after Halo 3 left off with Chief and Cortana floating aimlessly though space. To avoid any spoilers I'll simply say that Halo 4 is the most emotional entry in the series and I found myself crying at the end.

--Gameplay--
    The classic Halo gameplay has been reiterated on and improved big time. With a slew of new sandbox weapons and vehicles this makes for the most diverse Halo game ever. The new pace set by the improved controls and mechanics makes this one of the most thrilling first person shooters ever.

--Sound & Music--
    The sound design in Halo 4 is absolutely beautiful. All the weapons sound punchy and when you hear Master Chief walk his armor clings and clangs. Paired with a beautiful new soundtrack that feels like a natural evolution of the music it completely immerses you in the experience.

--Graphics--
    Halo 4 is easily the best looking game on the Xbox 360. Not just the hi resolution textures an incredible lighting system, but the overall art direction makes this one of the most beautiful games on any platform ever.

--Multiplayer--
    The multiplayer in Halo 4 (now called War Games) is an exciting fast pace experience that pools together the best features of all the games in the series and builds upon them to make one of the best multiplayer shooters seen this generation. The game feels akin to the Halo 2/3 era of the series while embracing a new class and progression system that let's you play how you want to without having a big impact on the balance of the game (something Halo is known for). Halo 4 also has overhauled versions of classic gametypes like Oddball and CTF. These evolutions of the gametypes make them refreshing to play and encourages strong teamwork. This may be the best halo multiplayer to date, but that remains to be seen.

--Bottom Line--
    Halo 4 is a beautiful game that is a must for every Halo fan. As for everyone else, it provides one of the biggest and most expansive story and multiplayer evolutions of this generation. This looks to be one of the best games ever released on the Xbox 360, and anyone who makes the decision not to pick it up will be missing out.
  94. Nov 7, 2012
    This is right up there with all of the Halo's. Not perfect but for what 343 was given to work with (10 year old tech) these guys clearly pushed the limits and at the same time stayed true to the franchise. Multiplayer, Spartan Ops, Waypoint all kick ass. The campaign was the only thing lacking a little in my mind. The art is just sick. The environments, characters everything. They killed it. Not to mentioned all the extra bits like FUD etc. Got me really excited about Halo for the first time since the OG. Thank you 343 and better yet Microsoft for not messing this up like so many thought you would! Can't wait to play more Spartan Ops! Expand
  95. Nov 7, 2012
    This is the my favorite fps of all time. HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  96. Nov 7, 2012
    halo 4....... were to begin. well lets start with the obvious the graphics and sound are definatley the best on xbox 360 so far. it all just looks so smooth and crisp. and the sound of the weapons is a lot more meaty and hard hitting. also the musical score is fantastic. now too gameplay. oh boy was i smiling like the cheshire cat as soon as halo 4 started up and master chief came out of his cryosleep thingy. then bam straight into the action, killing elites and grunts and climbing exploding walls. very thrilling stuff. . im not going to spoil the story 4 u readers, but i will say it is very gripping and i found myself wanting to play more and more. now to the meat and veg imo. the multiplayer, and i can say 343i does not dissapoint. so damn addictive its like crack. and it plays alot better than halo 3 or reach ever did. nice tight controls make the expieriance just so much fun. please dont listen to anyone bashing this game they must have been high on meth or pcp. a must own for halo fans and fps fans in general. NOW GO GET SOME SPARTANS!!!!!! Expand
  97. Nov 7, 2012
    Halo 4 is a game changer, and every games developer in the world should fear it for having raised the bar so very, very high.

The campaign was a little short with just 8 missions, but they're all hard to fault. My only gripe otherwise is that the objectives did get a bit samey, but this didn't matter because the fights certainly didn't. The AI is fantastic and the art direction is
    immersive, Halo 4 has ridiculous replay value. To add to that of course there's Spartan Ops, which taken on its own from what 343i have promised makes the game easily worth the price tag. In fact overall the storyline will be incredibly long.

The graphics as everyone (credible) has said are in a league of their own for console gaming; especially compared to other 360 titles. This is great simply because you can appreciate the backdrops and environments of Requiem in even more glory - and some other probably-even-more-cool places too. The other technical aspect to the game, the sound, is equally brilliant. The sound effects are second to none and the music score as you might expect is great.

Being a Halo game you can't ignore the multiplayer. As a serious Halo player since CE, and XBL user since H2 days, I know the games well and can give a reasonably informed comparison. In short, I love it. One could gripe that a couple of things feel taken from CoD, such as loadouts and instant respawn, and of course the death cam, but this still feels like Halo. It's pretty much the multiplayer Bungie would have tried to go for as a sequel to H3 if they'd been bothered, but of course by that point they weren't and us fans were left with the festering heap of garbage that was Reach multiplayer - until it was slightly redeemed by a title update done by 343i, no less. Anyway the multiplayer is great and accounts for every type of player - those who like to have fun and those who like to compete. The matchmaking system itself is crazily intuitive and beautifully polished, it just feels...finished.

I don't really have a bad thing to say about this game yet. It well and truly deserves to go down as the best FPS on the Xbox 360, if not 'new generation' consoles. What I don't like to see is a bunch of people bashing it cos they don't like sci-fi, or bought a PS3 instead of an Xbox. That's not right and it's putting the review system off. Ignore the user score, as you can see everyone who actually owns this game has said how amazing it is and rated highly. Somehow there's almost 400 negative reviews, but every single one of them appears to be from someone who doesn't own Halo 4 - boy will they eat their words when they play it.
  98. Nov 7, 2012
    awesome game. great graphics, smooth and fast gunplay, amazing sound effects, good story, and addictive multiplayer. what more is there to say? people will always complain about something in games. but let me assure you that there is nothing wrong with Halo 4. if you like firt-person shooters with a little bit of challenge, you'll like this game
  99. Nov 7, 2012
    I think 343 nailed it perfectly. If it deviated from the halo franchise any further and they tried to push more innovation it may have upset fans. Likewise, If it was any less it would not have been a competitive title. With that said, I think this is a good basis to start. I have high expectations for the rest of this series. At heart I am a PC gamer but I always look for reason to power up my consoles and this game reminded me why I got an xbox in the first place. Anyways just look the score distribution... either you'll love it or hate it... not many people were in between Expand
  100. Nov 8, 2012
    Awesome game, and I've loved the Halo Franchise since Halo CE. It's similar to Call of Duty and Battlefield three, their fan's have joined a better game than Call of Duty and Battlefield. The multi-player platforms are great and campaign is fairly entertaining. I love all the new things they added to the multi-player experience! It's excellent. Definitely worth buying Halo 4.
  101. Nov 8, 2012
    This game is an enthralling story with Grade-A multiplayer, besting even the likes of Call of Duty. While short, the 8 mission campaign offers diverse locations and enemies to fight, with the story of Cortana and Master Chief's relationship taking center stage. The story is better due to the Chief being forced to be the emotional rock that Cortana clings to, rather than Chief being an emotionless killing machine. The wide cast of characters all help play off of one another, and each has their own distinct personality. Lasky is an old friend of the Chief's, Palmer is one of the new Spartan-IVs, and Captain Del Rio is a battle-hardened commander with no respect for the Chief. The Didact makes a convincing antagonist, with clear cut motives and a wonderful voice actor. Every word a character says feels convincing, and 343 went all out with the sound effects and animations. The graphics are the best on the Xbox 360, and some vistas will leave you staring in awe at the scenery. The Promethean weapons look fantastic as they assemble in your hands, giving you a feeling of power.

Spartan Ops is the replacement to Firefight, and it's about just as much fun. Every week 343 will add 5 new missions for players to do either cooperatively, or solo, with each mission lasting around 10-15 minutes. They're a fun diversion to the campaign, which also supports 4-player coop, and while the continued DLC support will add a lasting value to it, the main appeal is in the competitive multiplayer.

343 helped Halo join the new generation of shooters by adding sprint in by default, Ordinance Drops for earning points in a game, and customizable load-outs. Armor customization makes a return, with more options than ever, allowing every Spartan to look unique. The gameplay is fast and fluid, with instant respawns in Slayer modes allowing the action to keep a steady pace of intensity. No weapon feels completely useless, Even the Assault Rifle that was weak in previous games can now allow you to go head to head in close quarters.

While Halo 4 is a fantastic game, it is not without its flaws. The brevity of the campaign is a slight drawback, along with the occasional issues with pacing in the campaign. You will constantly be asked to press buttons before you can move along, and while the gameplay is as solid as ever, the repeated objectives take a hit out of the score. Overall, Halo 4 is a great game with a ton of content and replayability. The return of Forge and Theater allow you to make custom maps, refine existing ones, and save any moments from your games that you want, campaign or otherwise. 343 has made a compelling game, and returned Halo to its rightful place as the flagship shooter of the Xbox 360. Halo 4 earns a 9/10.

1. Dec 17, 2012