Halo 4 Xbox 360

7.0

1. Feb 21, 2016
    Bom !
    Teve evolução gráfica porem achei que a maioria do jogo se passa em ambientes mais fechados que se comparado aos jogos anteriores.
    Pode se encontrar o jogo dublado em português .
  2. Apr 17, 2016
    Es un juego bastante bueno. Los gráficos son bastante buenos y su jugabilidad es igual de fácil de acostumbrarse como las anteriores entregas.
    Lo que no me gustó, fue el echo de que los rangos del multi-jugador son pocos y son fáciles de pasar; yo llegué al rango máximo en menos de 6 meses.
    También, lo que me no me gustó principalmente en la campaña. Es que, revivieron a personajes que se supone que deberían de estar extintos y esto es con el pretexto de sacar mas entregas.
  3. Jan 25, 2017
    I hate to use the word "overrated" but that may be the best way to describe Halo 4.

Campaign: I hesitate to call Halo 4's campaign a mixed bag as the bad outweighs the good by a notable margin in my opinion. Halo 4's story is good and the ending is genuinely emotional (at least if you played it before Halo 5 came out) but the gameplay often falls flat on its face. But before we get to

Campaign:
    I hesitate to call Halo 4's campaign a mixed bag as the bad outweighs the good by a notable margin in my opinion. Halo 4's story is good and the ending is genuinely emotional (at least if you played it before Halo 5 came out) but the gameplay often falls flat on its face. But before we get to that lets address the elephant in the room, the art style change. This game looks awful in comparison to Halo 3 and its all because 343 decided to change Bungie's art style. Master Chief looks 3x as bulky as he did previously, elites look and sound brutish and dumb, grunts are too ugly, Cortana is overly sexualized, Forerunner structures are overly detailed and boring, so on and so forth. Now onto gameplay. Halo 4's campaign has two main problems: stupid cinematic QTE moments that ruin pacing and serve as the final boss, and the Prometheans. The Prometheans replace the Flood in Halo 4 and they're boring bullet sponges with only one strategy for taking them down. Shoot them till they die. The crawlers are the only good ones because they go down with a single headshot and they're satisfying to kill. The Covenant are fine but brutes, drones and skirmishers are gone. This game is also a complete trainwreck on legendary. You also get to fly a pelican but it sucks because you only fight phantoms. The soundtrack is pretty good, though some tracks feel a little too much like Star Wars or Mass Effect rather than Halo.

Multiplayer:
    The multiplayer is terrible. Halo 4's multiplayer has customisable loadouts with perks and really bad killstreaks that are just power ups and power weapons. All the returning armour pieces look inferior to Reach's and only a handful of the new ones are decent. Honestly, the multiplayer is so boring that its not even worth talking about in detail but I will say that forge sucks and so does the physics engine.

Spartan Ops:
    Spartan Ops is Firefight's replacement. Its pretty much just a longer campaign and it suffers from all the same problems except here you get to to play as your own spartan, earn XP, and can respawn infinitely regardless of difficulty. Theres not much more I can say about except that it has a decent story and really good cutscenes.

Overall, Halo 4 is an incredibly disappointing game and I would go as far as to say its bad. Though I will give it credit for one thing: it snapped me out of my Halo fanboyism.
  4. Nov 13, 2012
    Let me first start off by saying I have been a hardcore halo fan for so many years, having bought all the halo games and loving every one of them (including halo wars which I thought was a underrated game).I so desperately want to give this game a great rating,but I couldn't.The only thing that kept my review up to a 6 and almost a 7 was the fact that the online multiplayer kicked my assLet me first start off by saying I have been a hardcore halo fan for so many years, having bought all the halo games and loving every one of them (including halo wars which I thought was a underrated game).I so desperately want to give this game a great rating,but I couldn't.The only thing that kept my review up to a 6 and almost a 7 was the fact that the online multiplayer kicked my ass till my cheeks turned red.
    MULTIPLAYER:

Some people might say that it ripped off COD, but I thought they kept that same halo formula, but made it more engaging and action packed.Sprinting was added because every modern game nowadays has sprinting and it makes matches more up tempo because there is more engagement spots.Another big thing added was the oradence drops and I don't remember COD having a choice of 3 random weapons or upgrades which came after a certain amount of points.In the end this multiplayer will keep me playing for years to come and has nothing but room to improve in the next 2 games.

CUSTOM GAMES AND FORGE:

This is the place where halo 4 really falls flat to me.In all my years playing halo the most important part to me was the customization.In halo 4 I would have to give this a 1.5. 343 took the whole new multiplayer to far and destroyed the one thing that made Halo the premier game on xbox over COD and what gave me so many great memories of playing Halo 3 until the sun came up. Creating new innovative maps and gametypes that have me playing to this day. Halo 3 might not have been the most visually stunning game but with all the customization and support bungie put into the game,Halo 3 was what you made of it.Now with Halo 4 they through that all out the window, they don't even have a file share anymore and no race gametype. They replaced infection with Flood which I could go on about the enormity of stupidity that is in this gametype. To say it bluntly the zombies are over powered, and you can't customize s***!You can't even give the zombies a gravity hammer or any other weapon plus you cant even change the loadout for the infection. All those great infection gametypes are gone.I haven't even gotten to the worst part of it yet,they took out all the classic halo gametypes.One flag, assault,juggernaut,the list goes on.The only positive was an improved griffball and thats it.I will give it to them though the forgeing in this game is phenomenal. The magnets make making maps so much faster, but warning they can make some things uneven if your making a flat surface. The only downside to it is that it is practically impossible to create a gametype for your map. I had spent all night creating this great one flag map and I tried every combination to even make it a regular CTF game, didn't work. Alright then maybe I can create a slayer map... nope. So lastly I resorted to dominion and it worked and but ohh was it glitchy. The shields worked when they wanted to, and the turrets switched teams every 30 seconds. It was so disappointing after all the work we put into that map to have it barely playable. If they they polish this I think Halo 5 could be a 10.

CAMPAIGN:

For me the campaign was well polished and full of action, but uneventful. I want to state the flaws strait out. One is that the ending was boring to say the least I want to finish it myself, not in some quicktime event.The other thing was that Halo 4 didn't produce any great moments that Halo 3 created so many of. Destroying the scarab, storming the beach against the covenant, that final driving scene while the ring was collapsing, and the list goes on. I will give them a pass here because it was their first time around, but I won't be so easy on the halo 5 campaign.

CO-OP:

This section I will be brief on but honest. The CO-OP in this game is mediocre at best. First off I have to say. They replaced firefight with this crap! This is at the peak of bull s*** mountain to me. Spartan Ops is dull and recycled maps every episode and is nothing but killing enemies and flipping switches. There is no altering of the game mode or point system giving you no satisfaction after a kill. I have played through the first two episodes and it is the same exact thing except you start out on a different part of the map.

CONCLUSION:

Halo 4 succeeds in creating a innovative and engaging multiplayer but falls short on co-op and customization. As for the campaign, they did a pretty good job for their first go around, but needs more wow moments.
  5. Nov 7, 2012
    While the story started dull and kinda fast i kept playing and then... I understood that this was one of the best halo games yet IMO.
    It has addicting multiplayer matchmaking, good storyline (also kinda fast)
    it's graphics are top-notch.
    Halo has surprised me yet again!
  6. Nov 9, 2012
    Seriously? 0's? The people on here giving this game a 0 are 1. spamming trolls, and/or 2. need to grow a backbone and play the game on at least Heroic. Giving this game a 0 is just idiotic. That's the problem with Metacritic user reviews. And as far as the critic reviews: Really Metactitc? You're going to include some no name site called, "Quarter to Three?" Really? Again, giving this gameSeriously? 0's? The people on here giving this game a 0 are 1. spamming trolls, and/or 2. need to grow a backbone and play the game on at least Heroic. Giving this game a 0 is just idiotic. That's the problem with Metacritic user reviews. And as far as the critic reviews: Really Metactitc? You're going to include some no name site called, "Quarter to Three?" Really? Again, giving this game a "20" is just a sign of low intelligence, lazy gaming, or an agenda. This game is great. Is it revolutionary? No. But it is a sincere effort, and you can tell that 343I put their hearts and souls into its creation. The story is the best Halo story since Halo CE and the motion capture is unparalleled. The multiplayer combines aspects of Halo and Call of Duty and makes COD look stale by comparison. I can't wait for the next installment. Expand
  7. Nov 6, 2012
    Halo 4 is amazing. Great buy. The people listing 0/10 is obviously sad PS3 junkies. The graphics are amazing and the story is actually very good. The story keeps you wondering what's going to happen unlike predictable games out there. Don't review a game you haven't played.
  8. Nov 18, 2012
    1st off i want to say to all the Halo haters out there,u suck ball bags!! Anyone scoring this game under a 6 is a tool. I like COD but Halo takes back the crown it left vacant for many years as the king of FPS & damn it feels good to be king again baby [or Chief?] Halo 4 rocks!! I purposely waited til i finished the campaign & had a good jam with multiplayer to write this review cos i1st off i want to say to all the Halo haters out there,u suck ball bags!! Anyone scoring this game under a 6 is a tool. I like COD but Halo takes back the crown it left vacant for many years as the king of FPS & damn it feels good to be king again baby [or Chief?] Halo 4 rocks!! I purposely waited til i finished the campaign & had a good jam with multiplayer to write this review cos i didnt want the nostalgia or excitement to affect my score. Now i can say with no bias intended that Halo 4 is in my opinion the best Halo since Halo 1,if not the best. Hell very probably the best FPS out there & that's sayin something. The campaign is excellent & 343 have earned my respect. I was worried with no Bungie [like most Halo fans] where Halo was heading & how it would play, but seeing what they have done,I'm anticipating to see where they are going. The weapons & sounds & gameplay remain top notch,also the fight sequences in the campaign certify Halo's strength,whether your trying to come up with new ways to beat the ever favorite Covenant,or tackle the new formidable foes in the Promethean's [& a cool enemy they are} Halo 4 always keeps u on your toes & more importantly wanting to go back to beat that prick of a Knight or Elite that just slayed u. The cutscenes are the best i have ever seen in a Halo game & also take top marks for best graphics seen in any game. Multiplayer has a few new additions & u will never tire of finding a different game mode to play as there is plenty on offer here,its up to its ears with customizations & armor & abilities to unlock to keep u going back for more & the fast paced feel of it only adds to what was already a great multiplayer & makes it exceptional,along with the new kill cam i will never have to go through 1 more tea bagging ever again,thanks again 343. The new spartan ops mode is cool although i do miss firefight & wish it was included,only time will tell whether 343 decision to remove it & replace it with spartan ops & episodic content every week will pay off,im still a bit skeptical on this but we will see what happens. Everyone out there thinking its just same old Halo nothings changed,well hang on,thats what makes Halo. You wouldnt expect Mario to stop jumping or smashing blocks to save princess or Solid Snake not to thwart some maniacal team of assassins hell bent on causing some catastrophe or Ezio to stop assassinating poor folk,it just wouldn't be humane,so why expect Halo not to be Halo? That's what makes these games unique to us all. Lets face it this is a Halo game so if you don't like Halo chances are you wont conform,but to the rest of us...this is Halo & with that comes all the gorgeous visuals & stunning locations & brilliant weapons & sounds expected of a Halo title & this delivers. Most importantly its great to play Halo 4 & to be the Master Chief & experience his fight again. From the brilliant settings & frantic firefights,on ground or in the air,to the engaging storyline,to running around with a mate in co-op tackling Covenant or Prometheans,or just beating that darn red team in good ole fashion slayer,or creating your own map in forge mode,or theatre where u can earn bragging rights & show off that lucky stick u got with a plasma or that impossible shot with sniper. Halo 4 has it all & once again sits pretty atop its throne & sets the benchmark for FPS. Here's looking at u 343! Expand
  9. Dec 16, 2012
    The graphics were superb; some of the best I've ever seen on any game console. The music is good, but it reminds me too much of the Mass Effect series. It just doesn't sound... Halo-ey. Despite its length, I got really sucked into the story. This is the type of game where it really helps to go a little slower and take in the sights, learn some backstory, and appreciate the amount of workThe graphics were superb; some of the best I've ever seen on any game console. The music is good, but it reminds me too much of the Mass Effect series. It just doesn't sound... Halo-ey. Despite its length, I got really sucked into the story. This is the type of game where it really helps to go a little slower and take in the sights, learn some backstory, and appreciate the amount of work put into what you're looking at. I still don't understand how some of the environments were rendered in real time on an Xbox. The cutscenes were even better.

I felt like the stronger relationship between Cortana and Master Chief was a little cheesy, but with good reason. It was still sometimes a little embarrassing to watch certain cutscenes with friends around.

The multiplayer plays more like Mario Kart as opposed to chess in the other games. In the older Halo games, you had discrete options; with memorization of where power weapons spawn, you could play the game out decisively and with foresight.
    In this version, loadouts and random drops from things called ordinances dictate what power weapons you can obtain. This leaves a lot up to chance, and makes the gameplay feel cheap. Available power weapons on the map are also indicated on your HUD, which I think is sort of cheap. There should be a "classic" gameplay variant where where weapons spawn in regular intervals in certain spots, and everyone spawns with the same weapons. Also, no armor abilites and other ordinances and perks **** That's what COD is for.

Spartan Ops is a sort of "Spartan-IV-marines point of view" weekly-updated episodic campaign. It feels pretty cheaply made, it's nowhere near the quality of the actual campaign. The cut scenes are rendered well and visually look just as good as the campaign ones, yet they don't hold the same emotional or situational impact. I would rather they have put more time into the campaign mode. It's just a repetitive series of "protect this, kill that, press this button, kill this, go here, retrieve the artifact, kill that, press this button." None of the locations used are new; they're all recycled from the campaign or multiplayer maps. On top of that, in different episodes, they have used the same maps, so it just feels like you're doing the same thing over again. Its really only worth watching the cutscenes, which you can do online anyway.........
  10. Nov 7, 2012
    Brilliant new step in the Halo series. I was skeptical being a Bungie fan and enjoying Halo since the first title. But 343i has defiantly done superbly in propelling Halo forward in a NEW direction. HALO 4 IS NEW as halo 2 was from combat evolved and 3 was from 2, and again Reach from 3. Halo 4 for steps forward and in my brothers and my opinion stays true to how halo should be.

PROS:

PROS: Brilliant campaign story and gameplay (I have played every campaign with much appreciation. RIP Sgt. Johnson)
    Faster paced Multiplayer still retains core halo feel (plenty of room for team work)
    Player customisation does not unbalance gameplay
    Great sound detail
    Improved map editing
    Theatre remains
    Careful effective multiplayer (but people will always complain) CONS:
    No FireFight (I really liked it)
    Dislike the sound of warthog and scorpion tank

BOTTOM LINE

It's not Halo "again" it's a "NEW" Halo and its FUN which is what games are for.
    REMEMBER IT IS A GAME and just chill out if it fails to meet your reason for existence.
  11. Nov 15, 2012
    I played Halo when it first came out on the Xbox a decade ago and i still remember the good memories. The game was about the Halo rings , the covenant , humanity and ofcourse Master Chief. The story was good and well conceived. This game is nothing like that. I had great expectations for Halo 4 but unfortunately this one sucks. It's as if 343 copied all the good parts from other games andI played Halo when it first came out on the Xbox a decade ago and i still remember the good memories. The game was about the Halo rings , the covenant , humanity and ofcourse Master Chief. The story was good and well conceived. This game is nothing like that. I had great expectations for Halo 4 but unfortunately this one sucks. It's as if 343 copied all the good parts from other games and mashed it together. The fore runner corridor and ship levels are all shiny and metallic like Tron. Other Tron levels in the game have the same look except a different color palette (blue to red). The jungle level looked like i was playing Crysis. The fore runners looked like Turians from Mass Effect. Heck even the main bad dude (The Didact's) voice and look felt as if he was a Collector from Mass Effect 2. I think a big portion of this game is a copy of Mass Effect 2. The emotional sickness exhibited by Cortana didn't feel real (not to mention the annoying damsel look on her face) and in the end i didn't care if she lived either. And how come MC blows a nuclear bomb in his hands and comes out unscathed? It's impossible! I felt let down. Go spend your cash on something better or heck just rent the game. Expand
  12. Nov 7, 2012
    Well Halo 4 is finally upon us, with a new studio in charged but does it live up to being called a Halo.
    Halo know for its addicted favor of multiplayer and it's open ended campgain and awesome soundtrack but to get right to the point Halo 4 doesnt live up to any of this. 343 musta been broke when hiring writers and the story is written like a hobo high on meth wrote it in 10 mins, every line is the a random rush to get to the next scene, the main characters come off on unlikable, the script seems to be written by the cheeziest writter in Hollywood with random "drama" in them. The plot makes zero sence at all! Cortana randomly feels forced thoughout the entire game, Why would an A.I. die after 7 years? lolwtf shes a computer data never dies as long as you copy and paste the files, it make not logically sence at all. Another question is why do the covent starr attacking humans again? The story never says why everything in it is "just because". The compaign is riddled with "walk down a hallway get to the main room then fight some guys push 3 buttons move on" repeat for the next 4 hours. Every area feels and looks the same with a lens flare thrown all over it for no reason other then to hide the low textures, if you look everywhere the games graphics are alll simple bright colors with blocky designs everywhere, Why u ask? Because they can spit a game out every year with simple graphics and weith the blue lens flair nobody can see underneth a terrible cheap why of hidding the poor work the art designers did. Nobody in the game has any personally at all not even the good ol' MC. Every scene feels repackaged from CoD. Press "X" to prie the door open, Press "X" to win the final boss. The games writing makes porn seem culturalful. Well now that I finished campaign I want to go play some good ol' firefight to lets of some steam from paying $60 for a CoD compaign in a HALO game.....NOOOOOPE there is no firefight, theres the **** CoD spec ops clone well I'm thinking I'll get it a try before multiplayer....WRONG Play on LIVE on Legendary and all the mission are 10-20min pointless stories that are just a chore BORRRING you can finish them all in 40mins, they have no replay value. Alright so now I'm abit angry now and am thinking well it's Halo so multiplayer is where is usually at and then go to "WAR GAMES".......even the damn menus have generic names so I start it up first thing I noticed theres only 7 playlists? WTF no social no arena no invasion hell not even compaign multiplayer. So I go to Team slayer thinking hell yeah no bloom Halo 3 is back.....THINK again besides the menus being almost disfuncinal the playlist are right to left WTF spread out all over the screen for no reason ok so while waiting to start up my first game I'm thinking am gonna pimp up my armor like in reach......LOL NOPE all the few sets of armor all look the same but the helmets, ok so another downgrade from Reach so after awhile I noticed the games about to star 4...3....2.......1.... AND THEN I LAUGH OUT LOUD at 2am,the matches loading screen is copied right out of CoD with "UNSC Logo spinning around in a gobal digital sphere" ya you can't make this sh++ up. So the game loads up and a 100% inovative to FPS feature comes up.......a damn create class ohh yeah its innovative never done before. Ok so now its time to play first game I see a sniper rifle and get up to the highest point I can and start sniping, now I'm a average player I never have a K/D greater then 1.05 but.......I star off with a killing frinzy thats right its even easier then CoD, it makes CoD look hardcore. Everything is basically spam able all the weapons are mostly the same just reskinned. after 3 hrs of MP I make SR20, yawn all the maps are forgetable they are a decent design but "WarGames" are just a bore, its not Halo just another CoD in Halo skin, everyone takes lil skill to kill and die in a hit or 2. War Games feels like nothing I never felt like it had pushed my skill or made me learn new ones winning or losing in wargames feels the same. Hell we all hate a Cod puts out a new game every year but sadly CoD looks like a real game compared to this , I don't know how 343 pulled of an even easier CoD in space. AND that is it today at noon I sold Halo 4 back to Gamestop for $32 within less then 48 hrs first time ever. Hell despite all of Reachs problems I still it to this day and after complaining on the B.net about its flaws I have to say the worse was yet to come. Hell all the CoD's ever year even look like a million dollars compared to H4. 343 tried to make a CoD clone in Halo skin and failed epically. Well back to Reach and black ops.
  13. Nov 6, 2012
    Terrible. Banshee and so many vehicles that ruin the maps. Valhalla was a great map in Halo 3, but Ragnarok is plagued by the Mantis and Banshee. The flag is very stupid and the menu sucks. The perks are annoying and overpowered. The DMR is way overpowered compared to BR and Carbine. Overall Reach was a 7/10 for me, but this is even worse...much worse.
  14. Nov 6, 2012
    It would be a good game if it wasn't called Halo, but I have come to expect a certain standard from Halo. Halo 3 was my favorite and although this is good it falls short of Halo 2 and 3. It is probably close to Halo 2 in terms of quality, but honestly feels like Halo 2 meets Reach. There are too many gimmics that take me out of the multiplayer. I just can't see it being the halo IIt would be a good game if it wasn't called Halo, but I have come to expect a certain standard from Halo. Halo 3 was my favorite and although this is good it falls short of Halo 2 and 3. It is probably close to Halo 2 in terms of quality, but honestly feels like Halo 2 meets Reach. There are too many gimmics that take me out of the multiplayer. I just can't see it being the halo I wanted. Ragnarok is good, Haven is great, Solace is great, but the rest of the maps are only average. Expand
  15. Nov 9, 2012
    I'll cut to the chase: the graphics are top notch, best on the Xbox 360. Voice active and cut scenes were superb. The game had great pacing in the first two thirds. Changes the history of Halo in terms of what we "thought" we knew about the ancient Forerunners.

However, there's a lot NOT to like. The game has no third act, no final boss fight, lame musical score (good music, but

However, there's a lot NOT to like.

The game has no third act, no final boss fight, lame musical score (good music, but nothing as epic as the original Halo trilogy), poor level design toward the end, and missing old features (no more dual wielding, no SMG). The game ends and you're literally like WTF, this is over already? It's easily the SHORTEST campaign (took me six hours on Heroic). You never fight the new villain except in a cut scene. Yup, heard right, you beat the villain in a cut scene. The game literally feels like Act One of a three act play, which isn't a good thing. At least Halo 1, 2, and 3 were all complete games with their own full story arch as part of a larger trilogy.

The beginning of the game is fun, tons of fun, but the last third is lame in comparison. They introduce all of the new weapons and alien bad guys in by the second mission so later on in the game you never get any new toys, no new challenges, no new surprises. The fun "race against the clock" missions and flying missions are all in the first half, so the second half is just running through repetitive corridors to active a button, then through more corridors to hit another button, rinse and repeat.

The musical score is good, but nothing that gets your blood pumping. If anything the whole score is just slow, sad, and depressing music. Nothing ever feels epic. Especially at one point in the game when the main bad guy (remember, the one you never get to fight) is slaughtering an entire city of humans. But you don't care. Remember in Halo 2 when the Covenant is attacking Earth? Remember when the game had cut scenes showing the death and destruction, with radio traffic of people crying out and military commanders begging for help as they're being overrun? Yup, Halo 4 has none of that. An entire city is being destroyed and it's like an afterthought in the game. There is NO urgency, no tension, no dread. You just kinda go from one place to the next.

While I was disappointed with the single player, I was briefly hopeful that Spartan Ops would justify the money I spent on this purchase. Sadly, while the awesome cut scenes promised a lot, I was again let down. I beat the COOP Spartan Ops in under 30 minutes. Yup, all six missions, What makes it worse is each mission is nothing but five minutes of running from one button to the next. Yup, nothing more than more "get here, hit button; go there, hit button" BS that ruined the single player.

Overall, Halo 4 felt like one big step backwards. It promised so much but delivers so little. I'm hopeful Halo 5 and 6 will deliver, but until then this game is going back to Best Buy. From now on I'll be renting any games developed by 343 Industries.
  16. Nov 13, 2012
    I have bought and played every halo game made. I love the franchise but to be completely honest, Halo 4 feels a little plain. The multiplayer is still well balanced but lacks any real improvement or innovation. Spartan Ops fails to really do anything except to put together short uneventful missions with amazing CGI shorts. Campaign is gorgeous visually but is really more of the same.I have bought and played every halo game made. I love the franchise but to be completely honest, Halo 4 feels a little plain. The multiplayer is still well balanced but lacks any real improvement or innovation. Spartan Ops fails to really do anything except to put together short uneventful missions with amazing CGI shorts. Campaign is gorgeous visually but is really more of the same. Though i can say the story is better than that of previous installments, Reach being my favorite still. Halo is still the game we know and love but 343 played it a little too safe. Expand
  17. Nov 6, 2012
    Been playing every Halo since Halo 2 and Halo 4 does not disappoint , there are some patches needed for some minor bugs but every game has those , I do believe the grenades may be a little too powerful , this was also the case in the Halo Reach Beta if anyone remembers that . Anyways great graphics and great audio , sounds great on surround sound system. Level design is not boring , notBeen playing every Halo since Halo 2 and Halo 4 does not disappoint , there are some patches needed for some minor bugs but every game has those , I do believe the grenades may be a little too powerful , this was also the case in the Halo Reach Beta if anyone remembers that . Anyways great graphics and great audio , sounds great on surround sound system. Level design is not boring , not sure what some people are smoking , I think gamers these days come to expect WAY TOO much from developers , This game mixes some of the best parts of COD , the pace of the game is a little faster kinda like COD and really gives you a complete experience , and you're actually wanting to level up to get more guns , items , and abilities vs the past halo games where your rank didn't actually mean anything but bragging rights . Expand
  18. Nov 15, 2012
    Un juego verdaderamente chingon, Es algo nostálgico pero definitivamente ofrece algo refrescante para aquellos ya familiarizados con la saga de halo. La campaña es corta pero no hay que olvidar que cada semana se están sacando episodios nuevos que funcionan como una extencion de la historia.
  19. Nov 11, 2012
    Campaign: The campaign is a bit of a letdown, short at only 6 hours, new enemy types get boring and repetitive quickly, new weapons are essentially variants on already human/covenant weapons, lack of ammo in a lot of areas in the game which has NEVER happened to me during a Halo campaign that I would run out of ammo, enemy and friendly AI can be boneheaded quite often. Storywise its notCampaign: The campaign is a bit of a letdown, short at only 6 hours, new enemy types get boring and repetitive quickly, new weapons are essentially variants on already human/covenant weapons, lack of ammo in a lot of areas in the game which has NEVER happened to me during a Halo campaign that I would run out of ammo, enemy and friendly AI can be boneheaded quite often. Storywise its not too bad, altho I find the "emotion" they shove into it feels a bit forced and overboard, especially compared to Reach's campaign where it had a somber atmosphere without saying much.

Spartan Ops: Spartan Ops is a neat idea, only 1 episode available so far but they will be releasing more, but for a first impression it hasnt been a good one. The good thing about spartan ops is that you can level up by doing those missions and you can use your MP loadouts as well, but the strange thing about spartan ops is the complete lack of challenge it provides because of the lack of checkpoint system, when you die you respawn like War Games multiplayer, so you could die an endless amount of times and not feel punished for it, so you can get through Legendary difficult without busting your brain which in my opinion is an odd choice as you can then complete each chapter in less than 20 minutes in co-op because of this instant respawn system. Another thing about the spartan ops missions is that they are all in locations from the sp campaign and there doesnt seem to be any original settings, now there could possibly be new episodes with completely different locations but I haven't heard anything on that.

War Games: The main draw for most people is the MP and to be honest I was never a big MP guy when it came to Halo, I played some Halo 3 but the most I played was the Reach Beta which I loved because it wasnt such a chore to kill opponents but upon release they changed that and I didnt play the MP much after that discovery. Halo 4 on the other hand, has a very solid MP thats not without flaws of its own, whether you want to believe it or not its a CODified Halo, but thats not necessarily a bad thing, here Halo is faster and in a lot of ways tighter than it ever was and it can be VERY addicting but some of what they introduced can be game breaking in ways, for example the SAW is very overpowered, and they tried to balance it by not letting you start with it in a loadout, and keeping it exclusively as an ordinance drop, but put it in the right hands and you may as well admit defeat, ive killed countless people with it and have been killed by countless people using it, its an awesome gun but almost ruins the game when its used in the non-pro game modes. As well the grenade damage seems to be a finicky thing where sometimes it does what you expect but other times you can't understand why someone's shields did not drop or why they did not drop themselves. This could be contributed to lag, but without clear indication of lag its hard to determine that as the cause. As well the usual MP FPS hooplah such as campers, bunny hoppers, cheap tactics etc... that we all have to live with do make their appearances strong but its not as frequent, thus far, as ive experience in other FPS games I've played (non Halo), the maps arent too bad, I prefer close quarter combat most so the standout map for me is Haven as it keeps the action fast.

I am actually giving the game a 7.5 but I can only select 7 or 8, but because I don't feel its a full 8 thats why I'm leaving it at 7. My reasons are as follows: - Way too strong of auto-aim or aim magnetism, I mainly play on PC so I rarely experience auto aim unless I play a console shooter on my xbox or ps3 but this games auto aim is WAY too strong and gives off the feeling that I'm not in complete control of the game.
    - While still on topic of controls is the lack of true customization of button mapping.
    -disappointing campaign it has some high points but can be pretty boring at times, new enemies became repetitive and lacked variety, new weapons are pretty much not needed as they are more or less counterparts to human/covenant weaponry, the story's forced emotion and some questionable characters who for whatever reason don't listen to the Master Chief when he saved humanity was cliche and non sensical.
    - Believe or not.... but the lack of Firefight to me leaves a big gaping hole in the game, i didn't think i would miss it after playing it to death on ODST and REACH but spartan ops just doesnt feel like a good replacement for one of the funnest game modes I've ever played
    - Speaking of spartan ops, essentially the lack of challenge, lack of variety (thus far) in mission structure and levels is disappointing and makes it feel tacked on despite the "weekly chapters" that will follow the launch of the game. The lack of punishment for dying especially for harder modes when it comes to respawn really makes it seem useless. Hopefully I'm proved wrong on this account and that more interesting levels will follow.
  20. Nov 14, 2012
    I am a big Halo fan i have bought and enjoyed all of them that all had good story's and gameplay. When i got Halo 4 i was glad to see the series back to its roots with talk of the forerunners and the halo's, the campaign took me around 6-7 hours on Normal difficulty and it was really good it was a halo game as they where before though the ending is anti-climactic. You will go to manyI am a big Halo fan i have bought and enjoyed all of them that all had good story's and gameplay. When i got Halo 4 i was glad to see the series back to its roots with talk of the forerunners and the halo's, the campaign took me around 6-7 hours on Normal difficulty and it was really good it was a halo game as they where before though the ending is anti-climactic. You will go to many different locations and fight some new enemy's with new weapons, even some older guns return with upgrades, The game look grate the sound it good so if your a graphics makes the game person you will be pleased. After finishing the campaign i when online and that's where my problem came into it. Unlike previous Halo games this time they made a big change, gone are the on map weapon you needed find, this time its a class baced multiplayer. once you get to a certain level you make a class slimier to another hit FPS that comes out this time of the year. it takes a lot of its elements form the OTHER FPS and makes it feel not halo, the maps are good but with the unevenness of the classes i feel like its a drag to unlock all the weapons that the game should have at the beginning. but with that aside the co-op campaign is really good i had tons of fun playing them and with more on the way it keeps the fun for a while. So with the good story and co-op it makes the game wort a buy for a fan or just a rent for others who are interested, as i said i am a big halo fan but this installment didn't grip me much, its a good go for the new developers (343 Industry's) but ill like to see what that do for there next installment. Expand
  21. Nov 13, 2012
    Halo has been and will always be a game of brilliant visual and excellent story writing. Often times it holds itself more like a movie than a game. Halo 4 by itself told a new story that, while following the story of the previous games, felt like a new idea. Halo is a game of nostalgia, but this sequel was mostly new ideas and scrapping a lot of the old (possibly overplayed) ones, soHalo has been and will always be a game of brilliant visual and excellent story writing. Often times it holds itself more like a movie than a game. Halo 4 by itself told a new story that, while following the story of the previous games, felt like a new idea. Halo is a game of nostalgia, but this sequel was mostly new ideas and scrapping a lot of the old (possibly overplayed) ones, so people who think Halo Combat Evolved was the best and halo reach was the worst first person Halo game, you're gonna find that this game plays like reach more than CE. They took away most of the things they had in Halo 1 and put in a whole new set of guns and enemies. They kept most of the human and covenant weapons, but in comparison to the new forerunner guns, they seem a little weak, despite the fact that they made basically every gun in the game seem more powerful and accurate. The new enemies are more difficult to kill for a veteran halo player because they fight differently than previous halo enemies. One thing that many people may like is that there are no flood in this game, in fact they don't even mention the flood, or most of the events of previous games at all. But you are back to fighting the covenant, who got a bit of a makeover, but still fight the same and have almost the same guns. This installment of halo did leave me with a few questions, like "where did the master chief get a slightly new suit?" and "isn't there an easier way to do this that doesn't involve me nearly getting killed and us messing around with ancient alien artifacts?" but that is just mild flaws in the storytelling that only slightly take you out of the story. The biggest note with Halo 4 is that in 11 years, nothing has changed as it comes to gameplay. The newer games add slight alterations like suit mods, run features, weapon changes and enemy swaps, but honestly I am still using the same strategy as halo 1. The fact of the matter is you can take that as you want it, for me I like the small changes to gameplay big changes to story but for some people they can play the halo they have and be just as happy. In my opinion I think this game is fantastic and if it didn't have to be compared to the other halo games then it would get more credit. The features they kept were nice, the ones they took out made sense, and the story was new, I don't look for anything else in a halo game. One other thing is that the infinity multiplayer has a strong call of duty 4 influence to it, but it still feels like halo. And they replaced firefight with spartan ops (firefight with a storyline kinda thing) and it plays fine. I give it a 10 because it's worth it's cost and more, and is all over really good. Expand
  22. j06
    Nov 17, 2012
    This game does it all! real voice acting and actors check it's just fun the campaign is pretty long (9-10 hours max) and it has a great story plus multiplayer PLUS i have an excuse to drink moutain dew and eat doritos while playing a kick a== game heck YEAH!!
    Jun 14, 2015
    Halo 4 is, on its' own, a decent game. However, as a Halo game, it doesn't match up to its' predecessors. The gameplay is more or less solid, to its' credit, but 343 thoroughly butchers the lore of the universe for Halo 4 as well as in the novels surrounding it. Considering the barely tolerable characters like Sarah Palmer, whom is essentially a misogynistic Sergeant Johnson wannabe, theHalo 4 is, on its' own, a decent game. However, as a Halo game, it doesn't match up to its' predecessors. The gameplay is more or less solid, to its' credit, but 343 thoroughly butchers the lore of the universe for Halo 4 as well as in the novels surrounding it. Considering the barely tolerable characters like Sarah Palmer, whom is essentially a misogynistic Sergeant Johnson wannabe, the plot is incredibly cringeworthy, both for Spartan Ops and campaign, with lore issues as well as the cringeworthy acting for the "romance" or whatever nonsense that Chief and Cortana get into.

Multiplayer is pretty solid in the basics but gets to be pretty awful when you interact with any of the call of dutyied game systems added in like prestiege armors or whatever the garbage is that they added. Multiplayer armor designs are also some of the worst ever, resembling power rangers more than military hardware. Most of the helmets have retarded visor designs, or look like wannabe copies of Recon helmets. Mix in the bizzare lack of a codplate and loads of greeble-ey design work and you get armor that generally looks awful.

Overall, better off renting this game if you can, cause it's not worth buying for any long term interest.
  24. Nov 9, 2012
    This game is flat out amazing!! Well everybody has there own opinion, i cannot see why it is getting a 5.7 from user reviews. The graphics are amazing especially for it being on very old hardware, game play is so smooth, the MP is addicting as hell, voice acting flawless!! THE SOUND!!! every weapon has been re-done!! Amazing! There are a few issues with servers and such but im sure thatThis game is flat out amazing!! Well everybody has there own opinion, i cannot see why it is getting a 5.7 from user reviews. The graphics are amazing especially for it being on very old hardware, game play is so smooth, the MP is addicting as hell, voice acting flawless!! THE SOUND!!! every weapon has been re-done!! Amazing! There are a few issues with servers and such but im sure that will be all sorted out. If you like FPS and MP and a great story get this game! Expand
  25. Nov 11, 2012
    Great game improves on every aspect of previous game the graphics, dialogue, mechanics etc. New enemies are fun to fight. However, I am not the fondest of the new flood mode with the overpowered zombies but there is so much more overall 9.5
  26. Nov 9, 2012
    I am disappointed. I was a big , fan of halo 1,2 and 3 ( over 70 days of play time on halo 3 ) but this halo is not something that fit with the quality of the trilogy. I will start with SP. The story last 4 hours in normal ( short as f*** for a 60 $ games ) and is not ''punchy''' like others halo. A very linear environment with nothing special and some really similar objective make theI am disappointed. I was a big , fan of halo 1,2 and 3 ( over 70 days of play time on halo 3 ) but this halo is not something that fit with the quality of the trilogy. I will start with SP. The story last 4 hours in normal ( short as f*** for a 60 $ games ) and is not ''punchy''' like others halo. A very linear environment with nothing special and some really similar objective make the campaign something that do not worth it. For the MP , this game should be called DMR 4 instead of Halo 4. The dmr is the only DECENT gun in the whole multiplayer. It just feel like a halo reach V 2 , even more crappy. I will sell this waste of time and stick to halo 3 instead , who still a decent and interesting game. Halo 4 do not deserve the name HALO. Expand
  27. Nov 17, 2012
    Halo is back. The multiplayer is fantastic that is welcoming after that awful taste that Reach left. everything feels super balanced, the new class set up does not mess up halo. The only complaints I have for multiplayer are the armor abilities are back and perks. The single player wasn't there best or there worst, but is still entertaining. Spartan ops is uninteresting and I will mostHalo is back. The multiplayer is fantastic that is welcoming after that awful taste that Reach left. everything feels super balanced, the new class set up does not mess up halo. The only complaints I have for multiplayer are the armor abilities are back and perks. The single player wasn't there best or there worst, but is still entertaining. Spartan ops is uninteresting and I will most likely not play anymore of it. Wish they brought in firefight, the ODST one, not the reach one. Expand
  28. Nov 7, 2012
    I'm not sure where all the hate is coming from on this one. This is obviously a love letter to the franchise and a promise to the fans that the future of this series is a bright one. I haven't felt the same sense of wonderment about Halo since Halo 2 came out. I couldn't be more pleased with the changes and additions to multiplayer. I was a fan of COD Modern Warfare, but I didn't care forI'm not sure where all the hate is coming from on this one. This is obviously a love letter to the franchise and a promise to the fans that the future of this series is a bright one. I haven't felt the same sense of wonderment about Halo since Halo 2 came out. I couldn't be more pleased with the changes and additions to multiplayer. I was a fan of COD Modern Warfare, but I didn't care for the follow-ups. This game is the best of both worlds: a faster paced more balanced Halo experience coupled with a solid feeling of progression. The story is by far the most personal this series has ever seen, and the graphics are fantastic considering the aged platform they were produced for. Do yourself a favor, try the game for yourself before you trust those who're giving it a low score. I find it hard to believe you could come away disappointed from this game. Expand
  29. Nov 6, 2012
    I think this game is really good. The graphics are amazing and the gameplay is just wonderful! Ignore the awful user reviews, they are just COD fans who love spending £30 or more on the same game.
  30. Nov 7, 2012
    I got my hands on the game and to start with everything impressed me, the controls felt really tight and the gameplay was fun and the element that I was up against the unknown really got my heart going, it was intense, then about half an hour into the game I noticed things not really building up to the same levels as the start, it all felt a bit bland and boring but not to say it's not funI got my hands on the game and to start with everything impressed me, the controls felt really tight and the gameplay was fun and the element that I was up against the unknown really got my heart going, it was intense, then about half an hour into the game I noticed things not really building up to the same levels as the start, it all felt a bit bland and boring but not to say it's not fun because it is. I think the hype got the better of me and I expected a 10/10 game and got a 6/10 game which is still considered "good" but not exactly great.

The graphics well... look at them, it's stunning and very vibrant. I knew they had put in lots of effort into the graphics because the animations were smooth apart from a few bits and pieces where the screen tears but other than that the visuals and graphics are top notch.

The game play well that's the thing that let me down the most, I do like the tight controls but the story and just how the story is handled is not that good. I really felt a bit let down after the first hour of playing. Hope it gets better but initial impressions are not good.

Multiplayer, not played it yet but fully intend on getting the most out of it, watched a friend playing it and it looks fun but won't judge it before I play it.
  31. Nov 16, 2012
    Halo 4 has given back something to me, that has been lost with Halo Reach. When I think of Halo, I think of a whole package - Competitive multiplayer, an interesting Campaign, and something innovative.

The Campaign was about an 8/10. It took a different approach to the regular storytelling that Halo is known for, and generally performed pretty well. But I would have enjoyed a longer campaign, along with a few extra things that I don't want to spoil.

The multiplayer I give an 8/10. 343 Did really great to reverse some of the Reach damage. It took out bloom, brought back the BR, and also gives us some pretty nice default maps. From a casual standpoint, I have a load of fun in BTB with ordnance drops and my friends. From a competitive standpoint, I really enjoy a few of the maps on Pro, but it loses points due to no default "real" competitive playlist, and no trueskill system.

Now with innovation, they really hit the mark with Spartan Ops. I am not a huge fan of it personally, but it really is a great step forward to combine all elements of the game into one. Verdict: A really great game, highly recommended for veterans of the franchise, and newcomers alike.

Highest Pro: The multiplayer is much more refined and higher quality this title.
    Highest Con: Lack of depth in the multiplayer matches, tied with a short campaign.
  32. Nov 6, 2012
    This is truly a great game, the other reviews somehow are saying it has pro but are still giving it bad reviews. Sure it has cons, but I feel the graphics and just overall fun make up for this. Oh and probably half the people who are rating are COD fans.
  33. Nov 6, 2012
    This game is absolutely stunning visually. There are simply no game that compares by far. This is mainly due to the light engine and the amazing artwork. Campaign and story is great, by far the best in the Halo series. Multiplayer is "ok", even though i think they are adapting too many CoD "gimmicks", but by taking into account that they are implementing the ranking system from Halo 3This game is absolutely stunning visually. There are simply no game that compares by far. This is mainly due to the light engine and the amazing artwork. Campaign and story is great, by far the best in the Halo series. Multiplayer is "ok", even though i think they are adapting too many CoD "gimmicks", but by taking into account that they are implementing the ranking system from Halo 3 (which reach lacked) i am very positive about the future of Halo 4. All in all an amazing game worthy of the Halo name. Expand
  34. Dec 30, 2012
    The Single-player took a great turn for 343 Industries, but the Multi-player is lacking a lot (Bolt shot is overpowered, most guns are basically shooting peas at the thing you're pointing at). Halo was suppose to be a good balance between Grenade, Melee, and Weapons. But 343 just throws that out the window and says "Hey, lets make the most unfair, most hated multi-player ever. That'll sureThe Single-player took a great turn for 343 Industries, but the Multi-player is lacking a lot (Bolt shot is overpowered, most guns are basically shooting peas at the thing you're pointing at). Halo was suppose to be a good balance between Grenade, Melee, and Weapons. But 343 just throws that out the window and says "Hey, lets make the most unfair, most hated multi-player ever. That'll sure show those people expecting a good game." I actually think Call of Duty has a better multi-player than Halo 4, and that says a lot. Expand
  35. Nov 7, 2012
    Just an Awesome game! Graphics are beyond what I expected for an Xbox title. Single-player has a gripping storyline and co-op play is expanded. Love it!
  36. Nov 15, 2012
    i see the haters/call of duty fanboys have rated this game as low as possible. what a bunch of morons. this game is great and way better than Call of Duty.
  37. MrR
    Nov 9, 2012
    Wow. I am blown away by Halo 4. The campaign is brilliant, an amazing continuation of the series. I worried about how 343 would handle this game, as Halo 2 and 3 by Bungie were my go-to games for years when I was younger. But I have no more worries for the future of this series. Halo 4 is the multiplayer fps I have been waiting for. While there seem to be a few backtracks, almostWow. I am blown away by Halo 4. The campaign is brilliant, an amazing continuation of the series. I worried about how 343 would handle this game, as Halo 2 and 3 by Bungie were my go-to games for years when I was younger. But I have no more worries for the future of this series. Halo 4 is the multiplayer fps I have been waiting for. While there seem to be a few backtracks, almost everything has advanced and been polished to a tee. Gameplay is smooth and feels natural, but still has all the creativity and fun expected from a Halo game. The visuals and sounds are phenomenal, though I miss Marty's epic tunes. Forge has been perfected and will provide re playability for years to come. All in all, I am blown away by Halo 4. I haven't been playing console FPS's very much for the last few years, but I am having trouble putting this one down. Well done 343i.

There are a few things I miss from earlier Halo games that have been removed or changed, but all in all this is a huge step forward and Halo 4 blows other Xbox FPS's out of the water. 10/10
  38. Nov 6, 2012
    My son and I took the day off to play co-op through story like we have with every other Halo game. We loved every second of it. It's not only the most technically impressive Halo to date, it's also the most emotional. If you're a Halo fan, you will not be disappointed.
  39. Nov 7, 2012
    Quite simply one of the best experiences I've ever had with a game. Halo 4's Graphics are mind-boggingly good. It actually made me Wonder how they did it! Sound is also stellar - With Rich, strong sound effects (With the exception of the Warthog, which sounds like a lawnmower).
    But what really takes this ten notches above any Halo game is the voice acting, script and cut-scene integration into the game. 343 Industries - you rock! Can't wait for Halo 5! :D
  40. Nov 7, 2012
    amazing. The best HALO ever made. I wonder wgy people are complaing for inovation. The game is beatiful, the art is superb, the gameplay is great as always and the graphics are amazing!
  41. Nov 7, 2012
    The campaign is too short and too plain. Should be the best part in the whole game.
    The multiplayer lacks fun playlists and Infinity Slayer is bad. Also, there is a lot of lag in multiplayer. A lot.
    The design is ugly, sound and visuals. There are a lot of bugs still waiting to be patched.
    Overall, good job on ruining Halo, 343.
  42. Nov 7, 2012
    I had very high expectations for this game and those expectations successfully met. This is the best FPS I have played in years! I very much recommend this game to everyone.
  43. Nov 7, 2012
    343 Industries, I thought you would ruin the magic of the halo series but you DIDN'T! Halo has easily been my favourite series in games of all time, i'm usually very rough on games but I was blown away by the awesome effects, the prometheans (new enemies), gun sound effects, STORYYY!!! and a lot more. I hope you bring this magic to Halo 5 and 6. THANK YOU 343!!!
  44. Nov 7, 2012
    The games stunning visuals and amazing sound effects along with the compelling story really does bring back that amazing feeling that playing as the Chief in Halo 3 had. The game continues the story wonderfully and creates a stronger bond between Cortana and Chief than ever before. Halo is back, and it's better than ever!
  45. Jan 31, 2013
    Now, when I reviewed this game a while back, around when it first came out, I thought the game was absolutely AMAZING! The online play was incredibly addicting, the campaign and plot were gripping, and the first chapter of Spartan Ops wasn't half bad. I also loved the forge maps. However, as time went on and the buzz died down, the faults with this game revealed themselves. While theNow, when I reviewed this game a while back, around when it first came out, I thought the game was absolutely AMAZING! The online play was incredibly addicting, the campaign and plot were gripping, and the first chapter of Spartan Ops wasn't half bad. I also loved the forge maps. However, as time went on and the buzz died down, the faults with this game revealed themselves. While the campaign hadn't turned entirely sour, when compared to past Halo campaigns, it pales in comparison. I just felt the scope of the story was forced. However, I did enjoy the more human side of Master Chief coming to the forefront, particularly his relationship with his AI companion, Cortana. The online gameplay, which at first had been fantastic, had begun to drag on. After reaching level 50 or so, I just didn't feel compelled to play any longer. The Spartan Ops and Custom Games however were probably the biggest disappointment of the game. Despite being impressed with the first chapter, the more there were, the more I started to despise them. They used recycled maps over and over, and the missions were not challenging nor was the storyline compelling. When it comes to Custom Games, I was obsessed with these things back in the glory days of Halo 3. People came up with the most creative games despite the Forge engine being flawed. Many players of Halo 3, myself included, played the Custom Games more than the online competitive multiplayer. However, despite being advertised as the best new Forge maps, many of the maps were simply too small to be able to create anything fun. The only exception was Impact, which had some replayability, but was still surpassed by Halo 3 classics such as Foundry and Sandbox. Overall, Halo 4 is a great game for anyone to pick up and play, but is still the least entertaining of the Halo Saga. Expand
  46. Nov 7, 2012
    I gave this game a solid 9 because I felt like it has pushed the series in a new direction that is unique in it's own right. It is hard for people to accept change sometimes, but I feel like the changes that were made in this game were good ones in all aspects. Sure there were some things I didn't like, but for the most part it is a very well rounded game. One of the things however that II gave this game a solid 9 because I felt like it has pushed the series in a new direction that is unique in it's own right. It is hard for people to accept change sometimes, but I feel like the changes that were made in this game were good ones in all aspects. Sure there were some things I didn't like, but for the most part it is a very well rounded game. One of the things however that I didn't like was the kill cam when you die, it just isn't Halo in that regard and I'm actually really surprised that they put something like that in there. The campaign was a bit short but oh man was it beautiful and well done, the scenery is just beyond fantastic and I'm really impressed at how they were able to pull it off on such an old console. I remember them saying they pulled off a lot of technical trickery to be able to have such beautiful graphics, boy were they right. When Halo 5 is released on the new consoles I can only imagine what it will look like with 343 working on it, it's going to be unreal. The multiplayer is very well done, I really like the new game modes and maps, and can't wait for the new maps to come as well. Overall just an outstanding game that many will love to keep playing until the next Halo, until then have fun and take the game with a grain of salt (competitively anyways). Expand
  47. Nov 8, 2012
    The game we all anticipated and had mixed feelings for excitement is finally here. Is amazing, terrible, or just ok. Well lets look at every aspect of this game before we answer that.(ps, dont own the game, pre orderd it for my fiance and played through the campaign with her and then did hours of online) Campaign, This games campaign was unsatisfyingly short. And most of the levels, areThe game we all anticipated and had mixed feelings for excitement is finally here. Is amazing, terrible, or just ok. Well lets look at every aspect of this game before we answer that.(ps, dont own the game, pre orderd it for my fiance and played through the campaign with her and then did hours of online) Campaign, This games campaign was unsatisfyingly short. And most of the levels, are composed of doing the same thing. Hit a switch, kill waves of enemies, progress. The story was dull and had no depth and left lots of plot holes. All in all, this game is not a game that u will jump into and play for the campaign.

Graphics- the graphics in this game were awesome, it kinda had a metroid prime look to it, i really loved the graphics for this game, it was outstanding and very nice to look it.

Forge, I was annoyed but liked the forge in halo 3, loved the forge in reach, but what about the forge in halo 4. Its nearly the same as reaches, yet they add a bunch of cool new features, my favs being the lock the object so u cant move it or delete it on accident(happened so many times in 3 and reach) But everytime u switch from creator ball to a character, this irritating loading bar shows up and makes u wait, besides that, forge is good.

Guns-Im probably gonna get flamed for this, but alot of the guns in this game were cool but way unbalanced. Some guns r just way too much, for instance, the alien shotgun, that thing kills in one hit from so much distance. Alot of the weapons ripped off the conduit. It just felt like they were tryin to make some type arsenal of epic weapons but they just couldnt find the balance.

Multiplayer(offline) This game basically just said if u dont have online, screw u. Because sad to say, this games main focus was online. With this game, i had no fun with offline multiplayer, it lacked in every thing, i hate that about every halo game that there is no ai in multiplayer offline. Oh well a man can only dream.

Multiplayer(online) Online in this game was fun. It takes reaches loadout style and makes it customizable, giving u your own choice of a load out. They also added perks and a reward system where if u rank up enough kills, you get to call in a drop that gives u a powerfull weapon or an ability. It was nice to see them expirement with these new ideas. It all felt kinda cool. But it wasnt halo. Its as if they just took the halo name and some of the style and posted it on a call of duty. Players die so fast due to a small health bar. Alot of the kills in this game now are based off of who has the stronger weapon or who sees who first. It doesnt really take skill to kill in this game. And instead of matches being based off of kills, its based off of the call of duty style score. It feels like halo is losing its identity. But it didnt make the game bad, but it didnt make it amazing either. Thats where bungie out did 343 was originality. Bungie did everything in their own innovative way and did it amazingly(especially with reach). 343 just looks at the popular titles and makes it like that so that people play it.

In the end, i did have fun with this game, but all in all, it dissapointed me. 343 did do well on some aspects but missed 100 percent on the core halo. Plus the main games focus is all based on the online and not really on campaign or offline multiplayer.
  48. Nov 8, 2012
    This was my most expected game of the year. i got the prequel book, the action figure, i went to the midnight launch, the works.

However, i was extremely disapointed when i finally got a chance to play the game. I live in a spanish speaking country, and was dismayed to find out that the version being sold only comes with spanish dubbed audio. The dub has several problems, including the fact that the lip syncing is horrible, but overall the most disapointing thing is the lack of choice, which, for me, renders the game unplayable, as i have played all other Halos in the original language, and refuse to submit to an inferior product.

I'm sure the game is great, but i am forced to give it a poor score due to this decision by 343 and Microsoft.
  49. Dec 8, 2012
    This isn't the continuation of Halo that I had anticipated. Having played each Halo, there was a reason Halo was different from all the other FPS games available on the market, not anymore. Upon playing the first campaign level I noticed all the sounds were different and not in a good way, you don't change perfection. The physics also felt as though they were taken back by about aThis isn't the continuation of Halo that I had anticipated. Having played each Halo, there was a reason Halo was different from all the other FPS games available on the market, not anymore. Upon playing the first campaign level I noticed all the sounds were different and not in a good way, you don't change perfection. The physics also felt as though they were taken back by about a generation, not nearly as smooth or fluid as the Reach physics system which ironically, is the backbone of Halo 4's physics engine. How do you manage to make ideal physics.. worse than their previous state and using the same engine? Its more choppy and feels jittery.

The campaign is short, and is a try hard. You are forced to try and have feelings for Master Chief and Cortana and this can be felt constantly throughout the entire campaign with constant scenes of Cortana resisting "rampancy" and the Chief seeming worried, you just can't feel for something that doesn't truly require it. The previous studio has always stayed very close to original halo lore yet in the beginning you seem to be wearing incorrect armor and aren't even inside the correct pod. Many of the events of Halo 4 also tend to require you to have read "Glasslands" the bridge seemingly between halo 3 and 4 in order to truly understand what and why the events are happening. There are parts in the campaign where on legendary you cannot do anything but constantly re-try as skill will not have any impact on whether you pass or fail. Enemies seem seem to use decent tactics but it can be repetitive constantly facing enemies in similar scenarios. Overall the campaign was decent through the use of some decent driving, flying and cinematic cut-scenes. They tried to keep the spirit of previous games but it doesn't seem to have gone over too well.

Microsoft Studios claims this is their most expensive project yet, I suppose if you throw enough money at something you can make something mediocre without even trying to be clever innovative. Granted they are picking up a series that is already several games in, but Reach was a testament that you can mix up the old. Then we have the multiplayer. Oh yes, the feature this is most important of all, or wasn't it the campaign? Anyways it seems as though there have been several elements taken from other popular FPS out there something I'm sure we all love and are very original features like a "killcam" or instant re-spawning (remember when you had to wait 5 seconds before you could flail about again?) and when you get many points you get "ordinance" to help the winning team win faster, personal loadouts, pathetic armor abilities and sprinting whenever you please though I understand that they had to generalize the abilities in order to balance loadouts and game modes. They also removed TrueSkill which seems to have made stacked matches even worse, given it happened in previous titles but not as bad as it seems to be at present. Weapon balance seems to be absent as you can lose to a DMR nearly every time, yet at close range you can easily get wrecked via assault rifle resulting in a majority of players all using a DMR. In previous titles you couldn't gun down an opponent on the other side of a map, you can now with the hyper accuracy of the new weapons. In a way it's like Title Updated only worse and all the time.

Visuals. The interface can seem very overbearing for newcomers and seems littered with unnecessary things making hard to navigate and unintuitive. The game looks great granted, but it sometimes can strain your eyes as there is just TOO much going on at the same time. The end result? Forget about your older Xbox playing this smoothly, 4-player splitscreen runs at 15 frames 22 on the slim. Overall experience can feel choppy.

One last thing to note is customization and ranking. There used to be shiny cool looking badges for your rank, but we seem to have devolved into numbers, how exciting reaching SR20 isn't it? About 20% of the armory is locked due to per-order incentives, console bundles and limited edition exclusives along with Map Pass extras meaning if you want to have it all, better get out your wallet. nearly all of the new armor also seems to be hideous and makes to sense in terms of 'how do you even see in that' ? You can't tell armor apart except for helmets as it all seems so identical and many helmets seem to lack visors in lieu of lights on your face or just not bothering with openings. At the very least can I change my lights from white to something else? It's a similar story with emblems, locked away exclusives or requiring you to be a higher rank. Aren't emblems supposed to represent ourselves? I can't help but feel as though it's wrong. A massive lack of campaign and Spartans Ops theater doesn't help.

Remember when you used to argue about Halo vs another FPS? How it was different? Now we talk about what features it has from other titles and how similar it can be. Fan since Halo 1.
  50. Nov 8, 2012
    Like a few others, I signed up to create this review for such an amazing game.I don't understand the hate against the game, but we all have our opinions. I think that this game is one of the best fps games that has been produced this year. It has good framerate for a game that looks amazing for an Xbox game, it allows old weapons that we haven't seen since Halo 3 AND other weapons, has anLike a few others, I signed up to create this review for such an amazing game.I don't understand the hate against the game, but we all have our opinions. I think that this game is one of the best fps games that has been produced this year. It has good framerate for a game that looks amazing for an Xbox game, it allows old weapons that we haven't seen since Halo 3 AND other weapons, has an episodic co-op experience that 343i will add to weekly like Red Dead Redemption's mission pack, introduces the Prometheans (A new enemy), somehow perfectly brings back the Covenant and the UNSC to tie in with the story, and the multiplayer is just so unique compared to the other ones. Halo hasn't "stolen" anything from other games, it simply innovates from the mistakes of other games by allowing a perk system that isn't too overpowered like CoD. Also, Halo 4 adds a lot more for the huge Halo storyline fans (like myself) who actually like to look at the story behind the entire Halo universe. I don't really know why anyone would give it anything below a 6, but we all have our own ways of looking at things. I hope this review will attract anyone that looks through the game reviews, because this is the truth. Halo 4 is a marvelous game that contends with other games for GoTY. Expand
  51. Nov 9, 2012
    Halo 4 is incredible and allows great gamers to be great again in the highly competitive multiplayer. You can once again exploit the maps nooks and crannies and gain full advantage with skill alone against droves of people. The guns hit hard, multiplayer is incredibly fun, and the campaign delivers a whole new set of enemies. Why switch up game play and dynamics that are already leaps andHalo 4 is incredible and allows great gamers to be great again in the highly competitive multiplayer. You can once again exploit the maps nooks and crannies and gain full advantage with skill alone against droves of people. The guns hit hard, multiplayer is incredibly fun, and the campaign delivers a whole new set of enemies. Why switch up game play and dynamics that are already leaps and bounds above all other 1st person shooter's? Excluding Gears of War, all 1st person shooters have been trying to catch up to Halo 1 and no one has come close even 10 years later. Expand
  52. Nov 10, 2012
    After Reach, I had all but lost faith in Halo and it's apparent new COD clone direction. Halo didn't need to do this, it has a fanboy like following and vets that have played since CE enjoy Halo for it's pure multiplayer which entails skill not cheap tactics. Changing it to a concerted mess of perks and armour abilities (a la CoD) was driving the Halo community away, myself included. NowAfter Reach, I had all but lost faith in Halo and it's apparent new COD clone direction. Halo didn't need to do this, it has a fanboy like following and vets that have played since CE enjoy Halo for it's pure multiplayer which entails skill not cheap tactics. Changing it to a concerted mess of perks and armour abilities (a la CoD) was driving the Halo community away, myself included. Now comes Halo 4 and 343 industries have taken the reigns to create a new Halo trilogy following on from Bungie's original. Now for the most part, H4 rectifies the wrongs of Reach and returns SOME of the classic Halo we know and love, but sadly there is still too much inspiration drawn from Call of Duty. If I wanted CoD I would buy the originators of the Cod formula not transgress to a game that is trying to imitate it. The inclusion of the classic BR along with the DMR is nice and creates a sense of who's better in a firefight. The sprint button is also a welcome addition when you consider how archaic H3 felt without it. However armour abilities/ordnance drops and the new SAW gun are over powered, cheap and again as I've reiterated before too similar to Cods unbalanced MP. Despite these flaws MP can still be fun, especially when playing in bare bones modes like Slayer Pro (which is more like classic halo) and modes such as flood can be a relief from competitive game types. The game is in need of Team SWAT, MLG and team doubles but I'm confident these will appear in due course. In terms of single player this game is typical Halo, Sci-Fi movie esque which does a great job telling a story and the dynamic between Master Chief and Cortana and is possibly the most deep and intriguing story to date for the Halo franchise. It's again best shared co-operatively, especially if you attempt Legendary, the only gripe being it is relatively short coming in anywhere between 4-7 hours. Finally as many have said and will experience for themselves, this game is gorgeous, with sprawling lush landscapes and character facial models bettered only by LA Noire. Expand
  53. Nov 10, 2012
    Before I get trolled by all those fan-boys let me make it clear I'm not a Sony fan-boy or a COD fan-boy. I'm Xbox through and through but...

As much as I enjoy this game - I'm now becoming bored. The campaign is nice enough but the multi-player is just the same as previous Halos but with polished graphics and slightly more class customisation. But after all these years they've not

As much as I enjoy this game - I'm now becoming bored.

But after all these years they've not added anything "special" to the multi-player. It's still very slow to get into matches and there are glitches that keep ending multi-player matches before they finish.
    There's a very limited weapons choice. The perks are one-dimensional. The armour is just for show - there's no concept of trading off heavy armour against speed and agility.
    There's no building damage (like BF3)

Maybe the problem with this game is that they spend so much time, effort and money on the campaign that they don't have much to offer the multi-player other than a graphics polish.

This game needs to evolve.
  54. Nov 10, 2012
    This is a GREAT game. It has everything that makes halo so good and honestly, who doesn't want that? From the music, to the story, to the great action. With everything improved, it somehow becomes even better. With multiple options like the spectacular and surprising campaign, spartan-ops, forge, and the new and improved multilayer. Better than I thought it would be. It's good to have youThis is a GREAT game. It has everything that makes halo so good and honestly, who doesn't want that? From the music, to the story, to the great action. With everything improved, it somehow becomes even better. With multiple options like the spectacular and surprising campaign, spartan-ops, forge, and the new and improved multilayer. Better than I thought it would be. It's good to have you back Master Chief. Expand
  55. Nov 11, 2012
    At first I didn't really like the game but after playing for many hours and days, I LOVE IT. The campaign was fantastic and is an emotional roller-coaster. The story between Cortana and Master Chief is told very well and IMO this campaign is one of the best in the Halo series. The graphics and sound effects are AMAZING and for a game that runs at 30fps this game is SMOOTH. The enemies inAt first I didn't really like the game but after playing for many hours and days, I LOVE IT. The campaign was fantastic and is an emotional roller-coaster. The story between Cortana and Master Chief is told very well and IMO this campaign is one of the best in the Halo series. The graphics and sound effects are AMAZING and for a game that runs at 30fps this game is SMOOTH. The enemies in this game are smart, clever and very well done. They actually have a mind of their own and don't run and hide like in previous halo games. Voice acting and the sound tracks for Halo are outstanding. The Multiplayer PLAYS AND FEELS LIKE HALO unlike halo reach (which I hated IMO ) Everything is perfectly balanced this time. The level design is very good and the maps are all well thought-out. The armor abilities and the weapon drops give a fresh new look to Halo 4 and makes the game fell less repetitive compared to previous Halo games. If you like old school Halo then there is a special playlist called Team slayer pro which removes all armor abilities and weapon drops and makes the game just like Halo 3. However, since I am giving a fair review there are SOME things which I really didn't like in this game. The respawns in multiplayer aren't as bad as COD but they get quite annoying and i always end up being spawned in front of a warthog and then being run over immediately. I was also hoping that the campaign could have been a bit longer since it is only 6 hours on normal difficulty. Other than those reasons, this game is VERY GOOD and I highly recommend it. No game is perfect :) Expand
  56. Nov 12, 2012
    Undoubtedly the best Halo title yet, and the first to make major changes to the multiplayer game dynamic. The campaign is graphically spectacular, with the increasing rampancy of Cortana a very engaging plot device. The Flood are thankfully absent, the Prometheans are awesome, there are some excellent set pieces, and a great spaceship level made it a memorable experience. It does have itsUndoubtedly the best Halo title yet, and the first to make major changes to the multiplayer game dynamic. The campaign is graphically spectacular, with the increasing rampancy of Cortana a very engaging plot device. The Flood are thankfully absent, the Prometheans are awesome, there are some excellent set pieces, and a great spaceship level made it a memorable experience. It does have its flaws though. As all FPS campaigns it is almost insultingly short, taking around 7 hours on normal. The game also struggles to tell the story as each level progress, and while the cut scenes are glorious they skimp on details. My biggest issue was the final boss fight, which was a clumsy quick time event and made for a very unsatisfying conclusion. However, overall it was an enjoyable romp as any Halo campaign should be. Spartan Ops is an interesting edition, good fun with friends or alone. Free episodic story content is a really innovative idea and should give the game a longer life expectancy. I have high hopes for it. The main gameplay changes come in multiplayer. Borrowing from the call of duty games, you now have loadouts. Unlike COD however, these do not spoil the game for new players, as they are more to do with personal preference than raw power. Heavy weapons no longer have spawn points on the maps, but instead are dropped/teleported into random locations than then appear on everyone Expand
  57. Nov 12, 2012
    Finally Halo is back! Only FPS that actually involves skill. You can shoot me first but if you are not better I will win the battle 9 out of 10 times.
  58. Nov 12, 2012
    The negative comments are so silly. I went out and bought a xbox 360 primarily just to play this game and it was definitely worth it. The campaign storyline is great and I felt connected with the characters. The addition of all these new weapons was really nice. The game is challenging if you play it on heroic or legendary mode but very rewarding. I honestly can't complain about much, if IThe negative comments are so silly. I went out and bought a xbox 360 primarily just to play this game and it was definitely worth it. The campaign storyline is great and I felt connected with the characters. The addition of all these new weapons was really nice. The game is challenging if you play it on heroic or legendary mode but very rewarding. I honestly can't complain about much, if I had to i'd say the campaign was short. 6 hours, 3 minutes, and 30 seconds for me on heroic mode and I died a lot! Still, the campaign was solid. I like the addition of spartan ops but I hope 343 adds some more interesting levels for it soon. If you have an xbox 360 there should be no questions of whether or not to buy this game! Expand
  59. Nov 12, 2012
    Best Halo campaign I've played in a long time. Greatest graphics in the series and the most emotional story line I've seen since the Gears of War series. The music, while not Marty's, definitely fits the Halo universe. 343i definitely did this franchise some good!! Love the multiplayer too, new and a step up from Reach's unbalanced mess.
  60. Nov 13, 2012
    The game is completely boring. The singleplayer is simply not fun at all, the multiplayer is dull and the mechanics can be seen in pretty much any other shooter out there.
  61. Nov 13, 2012
    i can't say anymore than this is an amazing game. the Campaign is STELLAR and i cant say anything else because of spoilers and finally halo has really great graphics the first time i go out of darkness of requiem into sunlight it was the same feeling of being on halo for the first time.

Multiplayer is SO FUN and even though its diffrent its still halo :)
  62. Nov 13, 2012
    The Best. from being a very avid player of the series. i'm glad they incorporated a lot from the books. a good example would be the relationship between the didact and librarian. It seems that 343i has been doing research on the story. the best part would be the graphics overall since Halo has never seen the daylight of true 1080p Resolution . OVERALL It Is AMAZING. Bungie. the legendaryThe Best. from being a very avid player of the series. i'm glad they incorporated a lot from the books. a good example would be the relationship between the didact and librarian. It seems that 343i has been doing research on the story. the best part would be the graphics overall since Halo has never seen the daylight of true 1080p Resolution . OVERALL It Is AMAZING. Bungie. the legendary corporation that made Halo handed over there baby to another company no one has ever heard of and improved it beyond reason. Must get? Yes. and it's a must try for any. good investment Expand
  63. Nov 13, 2012
    Wow. I'm surprised. I was not expecting it to be this good. When 343 took over I can't lie I was little curious on if they were the right people to take it over, and if it is even worth continuing the Halo series without Bungie. But after Halo 4 I'm sold and completely convinced. For starters the story was amazing. Going more personal with Master Chief and Cortana was very clever, sinceWow. I'm surprised. I was not expecting it to be this good. When 343 took over I can't lie I was little curious on if they were the right people to take it over, and if it is even worth continuing the Halo series without Bungie. But after Halo 4 I'm sold and completely convinced. For starters the story was amazing. Going more personal with Master Chief and Cortana was very clever, since it's not something I thought about before about them two having this relationship. Plus the voice acting was very, very good. The most shocking I think though is the sound and graphics. I mean wow. They blew me away. Those departments really nailed it. I truly thought the first cut scene was live action for a good minute. And the guns now sound powerful as if you are really firing that gun. Now the multiplayer. Still fun as always. I'm glad they added some of the nowaday modern shooter features that have been popular like loadouts, and sprinting as not just an armor ability. I think 343 used the features to the perfect extent. They made it so it did not feel too much like other shooters and still as the Halo we love. Obviously there is a lot of hate for the loadouts and sprint comparing it to COD, but I don't think 343 had much of choice. It's what people has come to except nowadays in shooters, and it's the first time Halo is really changing their multiplayer format and hey, I welcome the change. And if I were to compare it to anything, I would compare it to the Battlefield series more, especially when playing big team battle. Overall the games amazing, and it's a must play. Of course it's not perfect, but with 2 more games left, they are sure to hit that mark. Expand
  64. Nov 14, 2012
    Halo 4 is another great addition to our collection. But it fails on multiplayer. Even though everything else is enjoyable I mostly prefer the multiplayer i think it gives soul to the game.
  65. Nov 14, 2012
    weak story mode drives the whole package down but spartan ops is a neat side mode and the mutiplayer. is very good the weapons make for intease battles and are more skill based then reaches they feel more like halo 3s gunplay
    the maps are fun and regicde is a great twist on ffa and the fleshed out zombie mode is very cool
    the graphics are some of the best on the. xbox to date also and
    the graphics are some of the best on the. xbox to date also and the combat feels so much more balanced. the lucky unskilled kills of reach are gone love it so far
  66. Nov 14, 2012
    The Halo franchise is in good hands. 343 industries did what many thought it could not be done, make a Halo game that surpasses in many areas what Bungie created with Combat Evolved. The art style is amazing, pushing a 7 year old machine to produce incredible vistas that are accompanied by an amazing sound design. As great as it sounds I really think they played it too safe. Some differentThe Halo franchise is in good hands. 343 industries did what many thought it could not be done, make a Halo game that surpasses in many areas what Bungie created with Combat Evolved. The art style is amazing, pushing a 7 year old machine to produce incredible vistas that are accompanied by an amazing sound design. As great as it sounds I really think they played it too safe. Some different gameplay scenarios that did not involve pushing a button or shooting everything in sight would have been welcomed. Still, a great campaign, the addictive as ever multiplayer and the spartan ops cooperative missions make this a must play for anyone. Expand
  67. Nov 14, 2012
    The graphics are amazing, I'm surprised they could have such beautiful graphics on a 7 year-old console.The campaign wasn't too long, it was a decent length, but it was truly beautiful with an amazing story. Spartan ops is neat but suffers from major lag when played online. The multiplayer adds in some ways additions to make it like COD, but it is kind of a good thing. They've made changesThe graphics are amazing, I'm surprised they could have such beautiful graphics on a 7 year-old console.The campaign wasn't too long, it was a decent length, but it was truly beautiful with an amazing story. Spartan ops is neat but suffers from major lag when played online. The multiplayer adds in some ways additions to make it like COD, but it is kind of a good thing. They've made changes to keep Halo fresh and the game is Extremely fun. Expand
  68. Nov 14, 2012
    Hands down the game of the year. Phenomenal graphics, fun and easy to grasp gameplay and sharp new visual design, yet it is absolutely Halo.

Hail to the Chief
  69. Nov 30, 2012
    Honestly one of the best Halo games yet. The only things i don't really like is that the Prometheans are crazy powerful and the DMR is also CRAZY POWERFUL
  70. Nov 30, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Halo 4 is a good game in my opinion, although many do not seem very good, but to me, this is one of the best in the series. The story is very compelling from start to finish, with an introduction you see Dr. Catherine Halsey talking about the Spartans. It then shows that reactive Cortana Master Chief to see who made ​​contact, was the Covenant that apparently were at war with humans again. Then they arrived to Requiem, known the Didact, the antagonist of the game. In the end, he dies, and what surprised most is the death of Cortana, very tragic. The game has excellent graphics, good gameplay, good multiplayer. In conclusion, a great game. Expand
  71. Nov 16, 2012
    The plot can be a bit confusing but the cutscenes are generally well executed, though the levels can be a bit repetitive, especially the grind of fighting Prometheans. Tying the new campaign to other events such as the Flood was well done and made this feel like a Halo game. On top of this free weekly updates with a few story elements thrown in can't be complained about in the era ofThe plot can be a bit confusing but the cutscenes are generally well executed, though the levels can be a bit repetitive, especially the grind of fighting Prometheans. Tying the new campaign to other events such as the Flood was well done and made this feel like a Halo game. On top of this free weekly updates with a few story elements thrown in can't be complained about in the era of pre-release DLC. Multiplayer can be a bit hectic, though every starting weapon is well balanced for its role (AR for close etc.) and as it should, comes down to skill of the user to be able to win a duel. Some of the weapons don't feel like their tried and true precursors, an example being the rocket launcher, though the pace of combat is consistent with the franchise's history. Overall a good investment, and seems to have a good play life, just as a Halo game should. Expand
  72. Nov 17, 2012
    Halo 4 is an enjoyable experience everyone should take part in.

Campaign. 8 missions of good times. Don't want to spoil it for anyone, but it's definitely worth playing all the way through. More action scenes from the Chief's POV make it seem like you're doing it. Only complaint is Chief talks more in this installment. Multiplayer. Insane. The maps are balanced and quite
    Halo 4 is an enjoyable experience everyone should take part in.

Multiplayer. Insane. The maps are balanced and quite enjoyable. You can now have loadouts, meaning you can choose to start with an automatic or precision rifle from UNSC, Covenant, or Forerunner. Different armor abilities and perks make multiple possibilities so you can play Halo the way you want to.

Spartan Ops. Short, little missions you can play solo or with a friend. Only complaint is it's too easy as you have infinite lives, even on solo legendary. Luckily, 343 Industries is releasing new episodes which each contain 5 more missions.

Customization is better here than in Reach. You can change helmets, torso, shoulders, forearms, legs, and visor. Completing different challenges nets you a different variant of most of the armor so you can choose your favorite design. 343 Industries, you did an amazing job with Halo 4 and I'll be patiently waiting for the next installment.
  73. Nov 17, 2012
    Thought it would be a flop, 100%, best game since Halo 2. Brought the series back to life after the total disappointment of Reach, and no Halo games could ever be as good as the first two. Good job.
  74. Nov 20, 2012
    Halo your doing it right. What a fantastic game!!! The best graphics in a console FPS period. Killzone 2 looked just as amazing, just lacked COLOR. A story mode that finaly lives up to Halo: CE!!! Don't think about it just BUY IT. The thing I love about Halo is you pay for what you get unlike COD. Halo always changes and isn't the same game every year. Halo does share a lot ofHalo your doing it right. What a fantastic game!!! The best graphics in a console FPS period. Killzone 2 looked just as amazing, just lacked COLOR. A story mode that finaly lives up to Halo: CE!!! Don't think about it just BUY IT. The thing I love about Halo is you pay for what you get unlike COD. Halo always changes and isn't the same game every year. Halo does share a lot of elements with COD now. But it still feels like Halo thank god. Expand
  75. Nov 20, 2012
    OK, this is my honest review on the game and I believe it is great! Anyone that believes that they copied Call of Duty outright hasn't played the game. Sure, some features were in CoD first, but some features in CoD were taken from Halo. This is what games do, take ideas from other games and improve on them, which Halo has done. Halo 4 is faster paced than the previous games, with instantOK, this is my honest review on the game and I believe it is great! Anyone that believes that they copied Call of Duty outright hasn't played the game. Sure, some features were in CoD first, but some features in CoD were taken from Halo. This is what games do, take ideas from other games and improve on them, which Halo has done. Halo 4 is faster paced than the previous games, with instant respawns in some features, and contains custom loadouts. These loadouts are not in any way truly affected by rank. First of all, it takes 1 War Games Match to go from SR1 to SR2 (SR is the ranking system). At SR2, you can purchase either the DMR or the BR, the two best loadout weapons. If you want a Carbine or Lightrifle for PERSONAL preference, then you have to wait a bit. I prefer the Lightrifle because of its dual functionality, but it isnt BETTER to say the least. All the weapons have their range. Of course a DMR will beat an Assault rifle from a distance. But Assault Rifles will destroy DMR at close range. YOU need to get into position to get the kills, so stop complaining about OP weapons. And there are no "Prestiges" like someone else said, and Amour Abilities are not OP either. Neither are Tactical or Support upgrades. They make small changes for PERSONAL preference. So all in all, Halo 4 has a balanced multi-player.
    The campaign is short but very good. The levels are fun and exciting. So if you have 60$, buy this game NOW!
  76. Nov 20, 2012
    This game is excellent. Singleplayer: The story is lacklustre (but has real potential for sequels) and those flying things are a pain in this ass. Those two minor gripes aside, I loved the new campaign! Spartan Ops: It's revolutionary. It keeps the story going, offers great co-op content, and is a fun alternative to previous Firefight modes. Multiplayer: I love it. It seems like theThis game is excellent. Singleplayer: The story is lacklustre (but has real potential for sequels) and those flying things are a pain in this ass. Those two minor gripes aside, I loved the new campaign! Spartan Ops: It's revolutionary. It keeps the story going, offers great co-op content, and is a fun alternative to previous Firefight modes. Multiplayer: I love it. It seems like the majority of problems people have with it stem from the game being different than Halo 2. Since I never played much Halo 2, this isn't a problem for me! It brings modern standards to Halo, and keep it fun and exciting. However, I wish there wasn't so much overlap between different guns. I rarely find myself switching from the DMR to any other weapon. Expand
  77. Nov 21, 2012
    this game is amazing? no, it can't be defined with words how great this is... a masterpiece, mindblowing, 10 of 10 , a classic that your childs will have to play. I am from old scholl gaming, and this is so amazing like mario, zelda and lara croft! it's even better than that
  78. Nov 21, 2012
    There are lots of set pieces in this game that make you giddy with excitement at the new ideas. The Mantis combat walker, the Mammoth 6 wheeled sandcrawler type vehicle. Lots of neat ideas. They did a good job of revising the franchise.

Then there are other parts of the game that make you want to beat your head against the wall in frustration. It is hard sometimes to see where you are supposed to go next and you just kind of have to search your way around.

Good story though and great graphics and gameplay otherwise. If you are a fan of Halo it is a must buy, if you are not a fan, then it might be a pass for you.
  79. Sep 8, 2013
    Halo 4 is a game that exceeded my expectations. It's campaign is an example of quality over quantity, with story telling will draw you in right from the beginning. The opening cut scene blew me away and the first mission introduced me to the dark and beautiful level design which became so distinctive to this game. Solid gameplay was a given, it doesn't feel entirely like Halo, it feelsHalo 4 is a game that exceeded my expectations. It's campaign is an example of quality over quantity, with story telling will draw you in right from the beginning. The opening cut scene blew me away and the first mission introduced me to the dark and beautiful level design which became so distinctive to this game. Solid gameplay was a given, it doesn't feel entirely like Halo, it feels more like how Halo should have been. A Sci-Fi shooter set in a sophisticated and thrilling universe. A huge but balanced selection human and alien weaponry finely compliments it's brilliant pacing. The games graphical achievements were an unexpected surprise, considering the fact that I've never been impressed by a Halo games graphics before. This is due to crazy technical achievement that truly pushes the now ancient hardware to it's limits. With incredible set piece after set piece, this game isn't just a cut above its predecessors but one of the greatest visual achievements this console generation. Sound design, as expected is top notch. The weapons have very distinctive sounds, although there are some hiccups such as the the warthog sounding far too aggressive, Halo's sound design is overall a joy to listen too. The games soundtrack had some pretty big boots to fill. While it simply does not fill those boots, it does a great job in setting Halo 4 apart from the original games by giving it a drastically different approach. The electronic sound that dominates the majority of the game is dark and menacing which is great but it doesn't hold the same emotional value that previous Halo titles massive scores did. Negatives to do with the game's campaign include minor issues such as the annoyances with pressing multiple switches. While the game play does a good job of being diverse, this feels like a lazy way to proceed through levels and makes it feel slightly tedious at times. But the big issue is that the game deserved a proper finale, the opening to the final mission was to me, one of the standout sections in the entire series (even giving The Maw's warthog escape a run for it's money). As the level proceeded I was almost certain a climatic ending would be the icing on the cake. Instead it finished abruptly, and felt very underwhelming. I personally feel that Halo 4 should have been just one mission longer, enough to give the game the ending it deserved.

As for the multiplayer, it's simply not as good as Halo 3. The formula has been drastically changed and although 343 have received a lot of flack for it, I understand their dilemma. Halo has long passed it's prime as far as multiplayer is concerned and the best 343 can do is try to keep up with the times without forgetting the games roots. That's probably even more difficult than it sounds. Although the multiplayer doesn't feel like classic Halo, even if it did it still wouldn't see half of Halo 3's success.

Overall I give this game an 8/10. A lot of the games elements truly feel like they've paid homage to the original (and in my opinion best) Halo, and in some areas it comfortably surpasses the original trilogy. It all just feels a little too late, Halo 4's merits will never truly be recognised as the franchise has already overstayed it's welcome.. And there's still a lot more to come!
  80. Dec 3, 2012
    There is a lot of positive stuff about this game but what really irritates me is this : WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY GOLD TO PLAY SPARTAN OPS OFFLINE!?! This mentality at M$ earns this game a 1/10. It's outright disgusting. Costco will be taking my game back. I am not paying 60 $ to HAVE to pay another membership just to play OFFLINE! If I want to play online I can do it for free on my PS3 or playThere is a lot of positive stuff about this game but what really irritates me is this : WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY GOLD TO PLAY SPARTAN OPS OFFLINE!?! This mentality at M$ earns this game a 1/10. It's outright disgusting. Costco will be taking my game back. I am not paying 60 $ to HAVE to pay another membership just to play OFFLINE! If I want to play online I can do it for free on my PS3 or play for XBL Gold... but now you guys are going to start charging for play Spartan Ops offline?!? I MEAN WHAT THE HELL??? It's not like this mode was not playable solo or local splitscreen... it is! If you start requesting Gold for this there is no end to your greed. Keep your video game. If I want to play it I'll wait for a price drop I am not paying full price to be ripped like this. Gosh even MW2 and MW3 special ops were all playable splitscreen... Black Ops can even have local splitscreen / LAN matches!?! Seriously shame on you Micro$oft and 343. Expand
  81. Nov 24, 2012
    Best graphics, best single player campaign, best weapons, best multiplayer. A masterpiece, 343i demonstrated the love for the series, bringing the best Halo yet to the Xbox console. Thank you
  82. Nov 28, 2012
    (the halo 4 story was satisfying IMO, this review is more centered on the multiplayer)

I Love halo, and also enjoy cod on many occasions. These games should be kept separate; converging their features don't make you gain both audiences. 343 said when asked about implemented COD features "Yea we want more of the market share of players, that's the major reason for the change." This game should probably receive around an 8-9, but for a halo game, it deserves a 6, plain and simple. I am a huge fan/player of halo 2, 3 and reach online. Halo 4 fails in my opinion to retain its uniqueness of the halo series. I actually enjoyed the fact that sprint was not inherent in previous halo's, IMO this is a core game mechanic that should have been retained. While the Cod mechanics don't technically make for a bad game, they do drastically change the way the game plays. I am surprised to see so many 9's and 10's from halo fans, I would have thought the changes toward COD would yield 7's and 8's at most. I didn't want ANOTHER Cod, I wanted another Halo.
  83. Dec 3, 2012
    This game's campaign is amazing, just like every other game in the Halo series. However the multiplayer really lacks anything new, there are weapon balancing issues, and there are only 10 maps playable at launch, only 4 of which are playable in Team Slayer (the most popular game type of the series). It kind of feels like they left out maps on purpose so that you would be more inclined toThis game's campaign is amazing, just like every other game in the Halo series. However the multiplayer really lacks anything new, there are weapon balancing issues, and there are only 10 maps playable at launch, only 4 of which are playable in Team Slayer (the most popular game type of the series). It kind of feels like they left out maps on purpose so that you would be more inclined to purchase their map packs. Expand
  84. Dec 16, 2012
    this game present the best graphics in Xbox 360, the campaign is short but is very amazing, takes the good things the previous Halo is the best halo since Halo CE. This game is essential in any collection of a user of XBox 360
  85. Dec 18, 2012
    Overall 343 did an amazing job at Halo 4.
    Now over a month after release and after I have spent several dozen of hours I can quite well say that I really like this game. The campaign is a little short but still provides a great and enjoyable experience. Haven
  86. Jan 4, 2013
    I've been a fan of HALO since the very first game (Still own every copy of it). HALO was the very first game i played on my old XBOX. And I fell in love with the game. And I've always looked forward to the next HALO game (except REACH, that game was meh)

I'm a huge fan of everything HALO, and I have to say I am NOT disappointed with HALO 4. It is everything I hoped for and more. The sounds/audio is amazing. And the voice acting is superb. Graphics are great for a Console Game. The plot/story is just how I imagined it would be after hours of speculation after Halo 3. And the forerunners look just great.

They did change the sound of several weapons and in my honest opinion. A lot of the sound even better now, and more ear-gasm-ing sounding. You know, they sound epic.

Level design is good, I love the environments and I found myself spending a lot of time looking around at different things. Love the attention to detail.

343 has done a great job, and I admit I was scared they would butcher the series. But they have not. They have give HALO new life, and I hope they will give me many more hours of fun to come.

Spartan Ops is a great addition to the game, I found it to be fun to play, especially with friends.

I did play a little of the Mutliplayer Aspect in HALO 3 and HALO REACH but I never got into it that much. I enjoyed it but it wasn't for me I suppose. But for those worried HALO 4's multiplayer is going to be vastly different. Fear not, it still feels like the good old HALO multiplayer. and it's even more fun now! I love it!

This is the first time I've really been playing HALO's multiplayer aspect and loving it A LOT. I never hated it, I liked it in the past. But it just didn't click for me that much. It does now. It feels just like I guess HALO 3 and REACH. But better, different. But in a good way. (No, it's not simplified. I still get my ass kicked as always) But I don't know. It feels like there's less BS with connections and such now. It runs more smoothly. I did spend a good couple of 100 hours playing REACH Multiplayer sure, I did enjoy it but it wasn't my thing for a while. I found it hard to get into. I suppose now that I know how it works, it was easier for me to get into HALO 4's multiplayer.

Either way, if you're a true HALO fan, you are going to love the campaign and the multiplayer.
  87. Dec 21, 2012
    Terrible. 343 killed Halo. Buy Halo 3 instead.
    If you are a long time Halo fan, you will hate this. It is just a casual noob fest that has been made too much like call of duty. They have removed all competitive elements and ruined the classic halo gameplay.
  88. Dec 26, 2012
    This review is from the perspective of a guy who is busy with life. My time is filled with working, traveling, going to the gym and cooking meals. I spend time with my wife and friends, and have a little time left over for everything else. Gaming is a one form of entertainment I enjoy, along with movies and sports. The original Halo on xbox was one of the best gaming experiences of myThis review is from the perspective of a guy who is busy with life. My time is filled with working, traveling, going to the gym and cooking meals. I spend time with my wife and friends, and have a little time left over for everything else. Gaming is a one form of entertainment I enjoy, along with movies and sports. The original Halo on xbox was one of the best gaming experiences of my life. I rate it up there with Mario, Zelda, Final Fantasy, and the like. It was mind blowing to play through coop with a friend. Driving the warthog, throwing grenades, flying, jumping, swarming enemies. It was a blast! Not only was it fun, but it was epic. The graphics were awe-inspiring. It was like being the lead in a science fiction movie. All of the love for Halo has been once again renewed for Halo 4. The previous follow ups have all been ok, but not able to capture the near perfection of the first game. Halo 4 does it. Graphics- mind blowing. How they taken a 5+ year old console and put together flowing work of art like this I do not know. Playing this on in my home theater, on a 120" screen is incredible. Sound again perfection. The music track, the weapons sounds- they sound powerful and heavy, but not overly booming. Story was actually interesting. Picking this up every few weeks for two months to beat it. I could actually follow along and get what the hell they were talking about (for the most part). I don't touch the multiplayer as busy lives don't leave time for that. For an epic, fun single player experience, on an old console mind you, it doesn't get any better than this. Buy it or rent it, and enjoy the heck out of it. Then get back to the real world. Expand
  89. Dec 27, 2012
    Great multiplayer even if you're a beginner. The campaign was way too repetitive where virtually every task was to go from point A to point B so you can do this (aka press a button)
  90. Jan 1, 2013
    Amazing game i mean cortanas pretty much naked and the gameplay is at its peak graphics are at its peak real flood and bigger maps more destructive combat.
  91. Jan 6, 2013
    Amazing game! The graphics upgrade that 343 has done on this game is simply outstanding. The new campaign was entertaining and I really enjoyed it. The new Spartan Ops feature is great (New missions with cut scenes done in seasons). At first I was disappointed 343 removed Firefight, but have enjoyed Spartan Ops much more now anyway. The multiplayer is as tight as ever and tons of newAmazing game! The graphics upgrade that 343 has done on this game is simply outstanding. The new campaign was entertaining and I really enjoyed it. The new Spartan Ops feature is great (New missions with cut scenes done in seasons). At first I was disappointed 343 removed Firefight, but have enjoyed Spartan Ops much more now anyway. The multiplayer is as tight as ever and tons of new weapons and abilities and to the package. This game has broken all my expectations and is my favorite Halo game ever. Expand
  92. Jan 17, 2013
    Playing halo 4 is like reliving the first time I played the original! The campaign is great the interaction between chief and cortana is engrossing to say the least. The graphics are absolutely gorgeous I spent a lot of time just looking around! The multiplayer is like I said earlier a great throw back with few tweaks thrown in. I think any Xbox owner should have this in there collection
  93. Jan 31, 2013
    Instead of trying to "reinvent" Halo maybe 343 Industries should focus on original content. Every change they have made to the gameplay mechanics has been done before and some of them detract from the idea that Halo was a competitive shooter.

I'm giving it a two because I've seen this game before. It wasn't in the future, but it was the same.
  94. Feb 16, 2013
    Halo 4 does little to help the franchise, whilst the game itself is enjoyable in the single player mode, the multiplayer is ruined. Halo reach's multiplayer was unique and fun, making gamemodes fun and fair, Halo 4 on the other hand feel too much like the fast paced multiplayer of a call of duty game. Halo reach had you work as a team in most gamemode, searching for weapon around theHalo 4 does little to help the franchise, whilst the game itself is enjoyable in the single player mode, the multiplayer is ruined. Halo reach's multiplayer was unique and fun, making gamemodes fun and fair, Halo 4 on the other hand feel too much like the fast paced multiplayer of a call of duty game. Halo reach had you work as a team in most gamemode, searching for weapon around the various maps that were different in their own way, not all of them taken from the campaign and having maps made by the developers themselves, Halo 4 has none of that, there is no heart to this game, 343 Industries has ruined the multiplayer. Forge mode is not much better, there is NO massive open world sandbox, just a collection of small, cramped and just down right badly made maps to be creative in, it saddens me to say this but Halo is now on a slippery slope down hill, unless 343 changes these problems, Halo will be like Call of Duty, old, senseless and just basically a bad game. Expand
  95. Feb 17, 2013
    Halo 4 as a game isn't exactly what I was expecting from the series, with a poor campaign that doesn't stand up to the previous 3. Graphics are incredible, I will say, better than any of the previous games. Multiplayer gameplay is dominated by the DMR, an overpowered weapon that has no downsides, the Boltshot, a pistol that doubles as a shotgun, and grenade spam, players enjoy picking theHalo 4 as a game isn't exactly what I was expecting from the series, with a poor campaign that doesn't stand up to the previous 3. Graphics are incredible, I will say, better than any of the previous games. Multiplayer gameplay is dominated by the DMR, an overpowered weapon that has no downsides, the Boltshot, a pistol that doubles as a shotgun, and grenade spam, players enjoy picking the same maps over and over until they don't have that choice anymore, and this gets very boring, very fast. Overall, the game isn't worthy of the title of Halo, maybe Call of Spartan 4 would have been a better title, because it seems like they attempted to CoDify it as much as possible without completely changing the game, speeding up gameplay wherever they could, sacrificing quality in many cases. Spartan ops, as an honorable mention, is disappointing and boring, recycled maps and stale gameplay make for a dull gameplay experience that doesn't cut it. Expand
  96. Mar 20, 2013
    Good game. From a gamers perspective, the game was shipped before it was complete. Understandably though as the game needed to be sold that early in order to get a high amount of sales. The campaign is fun but short. Great graphics for a console. The multiplayer is ok. The randomness of all the power weapons gets annoying after a while and makes it hard to keep playing. Spartan Ops was funGood game. From a gamers perspective, the game was shipped before it was complete. Understandably though as the game needed to be sold that early in order to get a high amount of sales. The campaign is fun but short. Great graphics for a console. The multiplayer is ok. The randomness of all the power weapons gets annoying after a while and makes it hard to keep playing. Spartan Ops was fun if you had friends to play with. The first 5 episodes all feel the same. Even using a lot of maps multiple times. Other than challenges to increase your SR rank (which means nothing) there is no real reason to go back and play spartan ops after you've done it. 8/10, fun game but gets boring after you've tried everything. Expand
  97. Mar 21, 2013
    Now I had high hopes for Halo 4. But these hopes were shot down when I was playing the Campaign. The enemy's are defiantly not as smart as people say them to be, and the missions are usually very bland and boring. After beating the game on Normal it then attempted to say me into buying Xbox Live so I can keep playing Halo 4. Now I don't play on the Xbox Live so the multiplayer was out ofNow I had high hopes for Halo 4. But these hopes were shot down when I was playing the Campaign. The enemy's are defiantly not as smart as people say them to be, and the missions are usually very bland and boring. After beating the game on Normal it then attempted to say me into buying Xbox Live so I can keep playing Halo 4. Now I don't play on the Xbox Live so the multiplayer was out of the question. Once I beat the main game, I went to the Infinity lobby to try Spartan Ops only to be shot down and slapped in the face by another wall blocking my way to more Halo 4. That wall was a few sentences that said "Xbox Live Gold membership and permission to play online required for Spartan Ops". I immediately turned off my console after that. I went back into the game however a few months later and played the campaign again. It was fun, but afterwards I check my custom created Spartan. I got nothing for playing the campaign. Absolutely nothing except for a helmet for my Avatar. Heck the game didn't even say what difficulty I completed the game on. In my personal opinion Halo 4 could have been a great game, but was shot down by the Xbox Live requirements. You need Xbox Live to look at over 80% of the games content. I'm sorry to say it, but 343 has really ruined Halo for me. Expand
  98. Mar 26, 2013
    Wow. That's how you would sum up Halo 4 in one word. Great story, addicting multiplayer,and great ending. Probably the only complaint would be the DMR being over powered. But if playing everything else in the game you won't care. Please if you're a halo fan stop reading this review and buy this game. You won't be disappointed.
  99. Apr 22, 2013
    Halo 4 is definately the best exclusive game on the xbox 360 and thats no easy feat. the single player campaign is pretty good, i dont hink as good as halo 2 or 3 but a good start to a new trillogy staring the one and only master chief. the graphics in the game are quite amazing with lighting that is the true showcase for the game. halo has finnaly come out on top with the graphics areHalo 4 is definately the best exclusive game on the xbox 360 and thats no easy feat. the single player campaign is pretty good, i dont hink as good as halo 2 or 3 but a good start to a new trillogy staring the one and only master chief. the graphics in the game are quite amazing with lighting that is the true showcase for the game. halo has finnaly come out on top with the graphics are concerned compaired to cod of battlefield. the controls have been tweeked yet again from halo reach where u can now run by default which is very nice and overall i think the contols are quite tight. they did replace the firefight game mode with a new mode called spartan ops which is a nice addition as it has a story in it that goes beyond the campaign as well as letting you use your own spartan. but what really shines is the multiplayer which as been the case for as long as halo has been around. the new perk and armor abilities really spice it up and make the game stand on its own as far as fps games go. the maps both on the cd and dlc are amazing as well with some sure classics in the group such as haven and complex. if you are a halo fan, fps fan, multiplayer fan, or just want a good game this is where it is at. i have over 5 days put into the multiplayer alone. dont think about it just buy it. nuff said. Expand
  100. Apr 23, 2013
    The ending. Enough said. Halo 4 was saved by the incredibly emotional ending. MP is usual Halo so no real problems there. The game is overall probably the weakest Halo game in terms of varied gameplay, however the ending is so strong that it makes it quite memorable.

1. Hyper Magazine