6.9

1. Nov 7, 2012
    Just an Awesome game! Graphics are beyond what I expected for an Xbox title. Single-player has a gripping storyline and co-op play is expanded. Love it!
  2. Nov 20, 2012
    It is nice that 343i picked up Halo 3's HUD (so it really looks like we're wearing a helmet in-game) display and use it here, in Halo 4 and many other features too. To be honest, the campaign is quite short. 343i's design on this Halo is really artistic and it's sound effects for guns are incredible. CoD fans might not appreciate how the game's MP features are but it is enjoyable and stillIt is nice that 343i picked up Halo 3's HUD (so it really looks like we're wearing a helmet in-game) display and use it here, in Halo 4 and many other features too. To be honest, the campaign is quite short. 343i's design on this Halo is really artistic and it's sound effects for guns are incredible. CoD fans might not appreciate how the game's MP features are but it is enjoyable and still have balance in the games.

The only flaw I have is it's short campaign and the somewhat unpleasant Promethean Knights and their flying companions. (They like to teleport away which makes it a little frustrating)
    *Actual score is 9.7
  3. Nov 17, 2012
    i dont know how to explain this but, i am a big halo fan, no doubt, and when bungie left and gave the franchise to 343 industries i had mixed feelings. could they do better than bungie? well they didnt ruin the franchise thats for sure! the campaign is pretty short which kind of disappointed me, and the story does have some plot holes but the story its self at the end is pretty cool.i dont know how to explain this but, i am a big halo fan, no doubt, and when bungie left and gave the franchise to 343 industries i had mixed feelings. could they do better than bungie? well they didnt ruin the franchise thats for sure! the campaign is pretty short which kind of disappointed me, and the story does have some plot holes but the story its self at the end is pretty cool. apparently this is a start of a new trilogy but i dont see how they can continue from where it ended. another thing in the campaign is the new enemies. THEY ARE ANNOYING! they will piss you off like no other enemy in the franchise. if found the flood annoying. wait till you try this on legendary!

multiplayer has had a change too, its a bit more like call of duty and battlefield with the custom classes and the sprinting. but it still does feel like halo and fans will be sort of like home, maybe a but more to their neighbors home. the annoying thing i found so far in the multiplayer is that when your playing online, the same maps keep coming over and over again. i find that there are not enough maps that come with the game, but if you want to spend a couple extra bucks, dlc maps are coming. over all i had a pleasant time playing the campaign and the multiplayer. i still have some mixed feelings cause it does and doesnt feel like a halo game. but thats just my opinion. halo ce is and so far has always been the definitive halo game in my opinion.
  4. Jan 11, 2013
    I have played every single Halo game, including Halo: AE and Halo Wars, so I have a good spectrum of the Halo universe and the good and bad Halo games.

PROS: 1) Beautiful graphics and sound. This game just looks good! Lush jungles, cool Forerunner areas, etc. 2) Matchmaking system is great as always... easy to find a game and stay with a group. 3) Multiplayer is good fun. Good maps,

PROS:
    3) Multiplayer is good fun. Good maps, and an old favorite. Vehicles all perform well. Most weapons feel good to shoot.
    4) Loadout system adds something new to match your playstyle, but doesn't make the game unbalanced.
    5) Campaign was solid, new enemies are always welcome after the Covenant was done for multiple games.

CONS:
    1) Spartan Ops is pretty shallow and offers little to the game or story.
    2) Campaign was short and the plot was all over the place. IE - Who is this guy, who is that guy and why are they important?
    3) Ordinance drops don;t really work with Halo. I would rather have good weapons on the map that respawn quicker. Many ordinance drops make you choose between 3 equally bad weapons or bonuses. Feels too COD.
    4) 343 Studios went overboard on the weapons. I don't need 3 long range weapons, 3 medium and 3 short range weapons. Just a bit too much.
    5) Armor is unlocked through finishing challenges which forces you to use crummy weapons etc if you want the armor. The credit system from Halo: Reach was great and one of the better ideas from that game.

A pretty good, almost great game with a few issues. Halo 4 doesn't need to copy COD... everyone has had their fill of that anyway. Also, the campaign was fun, but pretty forgettable. Beyond that though, this game has a robust MP that will make most fans and newcomers happy.
  5. Nov 21, 2012
    I think I must have overhyped myself because I didn't feel stunned by the visuals when I first popped it in. Yes, they looks great but I think I had seen to many screen shots that I really expected to be blown away but when I popped it in it was what I had already seen. Having read the two Forerunner trilogy books prior to playing this I was excited to see how the forerunner, given thereI think I must have overhyped myself because I didn't feel stunned by the visuals when I first popped it in. Yes, they looks great but I think I had seen to many screen shots that I really expected to be blown away but when I popped it in it was what I had already seen. Having read the two Forerunner trilogy books prior to playing this I was excited to see how the forerunner, given there history with the human race, would be poised in this game. For those of you have read both and then played the game you were certainly understand when I say that the game does a fantastic job of lightly tying into the books and then making major pieces of the game way better. Bottom line, the campaign was great and music made it epic, and it no way let me down which was a bit of a concern the month before launch. The online was quite a shock. It didn't feel like Halo, borrowed a lot from Call of Duty but it still felt true to its nature. It took some getting used to but now I love it. The various changes they made felt forced at first but once I though about it I felt like they fit better in the Halo universe than anything else I could imagine them doing and another online like 3 or reach was not an option so it was a good compromise. I dabbled in the first episode of Spartan Ops and I like that it was a fairly smooth experience and other than the occasionally crappy teammate who just killed everyone else, it was actually a lot of fun. Halo is definitely in my top 3 this year and with the amount I keep going back to it I expect it will continue to move up. As I know some people are Halo-adverse I can't say I would recommend it to everyone, but if you are the kind of person that has ever had the slightest interest in Halo, this is an awesome point to jump in. Expand
  6. Nov 11, 2012
    This is still halo. Though it is missing a lot of little things from previous games, which hinders the experience some. CAMPAIGN- the game is beautiful, however, the campaign feels just like the campaign you've played for the last ten years. Maybe thats a good thing, but for me, it's kind of boring, it always has been. Missing from the story mode is the ability to discover skulls and aThis is still halo. Though it is missing a lot of little things from previous games, which hinders the experience some. CAMPAIGN- the game is beautiful, however, the campaign feels just like the campaign you've played for the last ten years. Maybe thats a good thing, but for me, it's kind of boring, it always has been. Missing from the story mode is the ability to discover skulls and a scoring system to challenge, leaving the whole experience a little bland, or hollow. MULTIPLAYER- a lot of changes to the formula here, some are welcome, some not so much. CONS-The biggest omission is a real ranked multiplayer system. All you do is play for experience and there's little incentive to play proper and actually win. Ranked games encouraged smart play and a better experience for hardcore players. Also, you no longer can call out your "X" to your teammates when you die, because there is none, your icon just goes away. Looking at the scoreboard during the game disables your movement unlike previous games. When jumping into matchmaking playlists, your often thrown into a game in progress, on the team that is shorthanded, which is usually losing as a result. Thats not a fun way to play, and it makes your stats look bad. So again, hardcore players who are into that will not like that. To ensure that you play games from the very start, you must remain in the group after a game. But what if you don't like the group you played with? Oh well....you'll just have to stay, or take your chances jumping into a playlist again. Awful respawns still plague the game, as you respawn right in front of the person who just killed you a second ago. No firefight! PROS- loadouts. They do have a major impact on how the game is played, with some time you get used to it, and you may even love the new flexibility it has to offer. smarter, well prepared players can now choose a loadout to take advantage of nearly any situation, as you can switch your loadout whenever you die. Ordinance drops have been added, giving you powerful weapons and player performance buffs for getting kills, allowing you to help turn the tide in battle. Loadouts and ordinances do change how fundamental the game is, as you can no longer rely completely on snagging the power weapons on the map. It's still a sound strategy, but if you cant ever get the best toys, your not out of the game. I welcome this change of pace. Territories has been revamped into a beefed up tower defense type of game. You gain a territory, and over time it becomes fortified and you also recieve powerful weapon shipments, helping you dictate the outcome. It's an interesting mode, perhaps the only one that is better than it used to be. FORGE-it's still there, and it's alright, but it feels a bit unwieldy. Halo reach, is stillthe ultimate forge mode. OVERALL- I've been mostly negative, but most importantly, as a standalone game, halo 4 would be fantastic. It's still a great game. It's made worse because of the games that came before it. If your avery devoted and hardcore player, this one probably won't fulfill your expectations. For most everyone else, it's still a lot of fun. Expand
  7. Nov 10, 2012
    Halo 4 is very good. I have been a fan of the series since Halo 2 for the X-box and have seen it go through quite a few iterations. If you are a hardcore Halo 3 fan, then this game might seem tantamount to sacrilege. Let me just say: This is not halo 3, I'm sorry they ruined your game, now stop giving 0 star reviews and throwing off the curve. I also advise you to read no further and justHalo 4 is very good. I have been a fan of the series since Halo 2 for the X-box and have seen it go through quite a few iterations. If you are a hardcore Halo 3 fan, then this game might seem tantamount to sacrilege. Let me just say: This is not halo 3, I'm sorry they ruined your game, now stop giving 0 star reviews and throwing off the curve. I also advise you to read no further and just go back to playing Halo 3 with the rest of the 400 people in south America who still hold it dear. For the rest of us who don't mind (or at least are aware of the fact) that games change as time moves forwards, Here you go. I compare this game to Halo: Reach which I loved and consider it a benchmark for the series, this game is different, much more oriented for a faster paced (hate to say it) call of duty indoctrinated audience.
    Sprint is a standard feature ( unlike reach where it was one option out of several abilities ) Guns are unlocked as the player progresses through ranks. Points are awarded per rank, which the player in turn uses to "buy" guns, armor additions, perks and upgrades. This system is not too dissimilar to call of duty admittedly, but that doesn't take away from the satisfaction of saving up points for a special unlock. It is rewarding and gives the player something to work towards. Honestly, I am having a blast playing this game. The visuals are stunning, the new player models are slick and the skins have been tweaked to represent a newer generation of Spartans. The single player is fun and engaging, and of course the brutal legendary difficulty setting is quite fierce to say the least. The multiplayer experience is deep with all the usual game types halo fans are accustomed to, and a deep co-op story which runs parallel to the main campaign and releases new 5 chapter episodes every week or so. This feature not only gives you new content o explore, but can further progress the story and lore in episodic installments. 343 took on a huge task when they took the reigns to the Halo franchise. I think they did it splendidly. Don't be a hater, give Halo 4 a try.
  8. Nov 6, 2012
    Ignore the stupidly negative score - users on **** have been intentionally spamming all day with negative reviews.

The game is amazing, improved in all the right ways - most notably the graphics and sound, which are staggeringly good. The story and voice acting are also mesmerising and truly complement the technological improvements to create a game that you care about and that has you both grinning inanely and hugging yourself in despair.

See you online for the next 24 months :-)
  9. Nov 7, 2012
    Halo 4 is by all accounts an exceptional game. 343 Industries first internally developed Halo game impresses on pretty much every front. From high quality production values, to a buttery smooth framerate 99.999% of the time, to the best graphics the series has ever seen, to a more interesting story between Chief and Cortana, etc. Halo 4 is Halo at its best.

Firstly, Halo 4 plays like a

Firstly, Halo 4 plays like a dream. Similar to previous Halo's, gun combat is very satisfying, but now it's more visceral and impactful than ever before. If anyone says this is Call of Duty, that's hogwash. Other than the inclusion of sprinting, this very much feels like Halo, just improved and more polished than ever. The action is much more buttery smooth than Reach was, which makes playing a complete pleasure.

Secondly, the graphics are a massive upgrade from previous Halo's. Previous Halo's lacked quite a bit when it came to character models and animations, but Halo 4 has some of the best looking character models and animations in all of gaming. It's shocking just how much of a leap these two things are from the Halo's that came before it. Going from Halo 3 to Halo 4 shows almost a full generational leap in things like lighting, character models, and animations. In addition, Halo 4 runs in native 720p resolution, which is a first for the Halo franchise, as Halo 3, ODST, and Reach all ran at upscaled 720p. To get that full native 720p resolution, Halo 4 is locked at 30 frames-per-second, and it's a wise choice. Unlike Reach, which had a framerate that varied wildly at times, Halo 4 is pretty much consistent and performs beautifully, even when under pressure from a lot of on-screen action. 343 Industries should be commended for such a technological feat as their first project. It's very impressive.

Thirdly, the story's actually incredibly compelling. While some things aren't always crystal clear, it's mostly smooth and cohesive the majority of the time. The relationship between Master Chief and Cortana will hook you from the beginning of the game and until you reach the credits at the finale. Halo 4 is a tightly knit production that offers excellence in story, visual quality, and sound quality. It's truly a masterful game from a first time studio.

As someone who has enjoyed the other Halo games this generation, I didn't fall in love with them, so it's shocking to me that Halo 4 has hit the nail on the head in pretty much everything it set out to do. Halo 4 is the best Halo since Halo: Combat Evolved. 343 Industries has made their mark on the industry, so I truly can't wait to see what they do next.
  10. Jan 31, 2014
    Best Xbox game I have ever played! The war games are feroucious and compettitive! the backgroumd design for the levels are amazing....................
  11. Dec 28, 2012
    When i got this game, i thought i was going to have a blast... Bad idea. The story would have been good, but they twisted the story, dumb downed the gameplay, and made the multiplayer like Call of Duty.

Massive Disappointment.
  12. Jan 16, 2013
    As always, Halo never fails to impress me. The hype was well-deserved. Visually, its hands-down the best on consoles for 2012. Its audio is superb, with fitting elements to fit the campaign and its original score may not be the old Halo OST, but in the direction it is going, its safe to say that its a great direction. The scores are utterly epic. As for the campaign, the storyline andAs always, Halo never fails to impress me. The hype was well-deserved. Visually, its hands-down the best on consoles for 2012. Its audio is superb, with fitting elements to fit the campaign and its original score may not be the old Halo OST, but in the direction it is going, its safe to say that its a great direction. The scores are utterly epic. As for the campaign, the storyline and voice acting is the best so far in the Halo series. The campaign may be short, but the storyline and gameplay makes up for this shortcoming. The relationship between Master Chief and Cortana shown in the campaign has never been moving in a video game. The sounds, are incredible. Whenever you fire a weapon, it sounds like it has more power than in the previous games, it has more "oomph!". Honestly, Metacritic should have given this epic game at least a 90, and the user ratings are utterly blasphemous. Overall, this game, should be your #1 game to get if you are into FPS, and for 2012. However, you may be confused as to what is going on if you do not refresh your knowledge of Halo lore, like the events that lead up to the events of Halo 4. As for multiplayer however, improvements could be made, but otherwise its fun as hell. Spartan Ops is an episodic story with multiplayer in mind. I have to say that the first 5 episodes did not meet my expectation, as the episodes we play has a lack of connection with the stories told in the CG scenes, but from what i hear, episode 6-10 have been improved, and I expect a good show from 343. To everybody reading this review, Halo 4 is a must get. If it does not land on your shelf, then you have just missed out on the legacy of gaming. You will regret it. 343, I salute you. Improve upon whatever you have done, and you shall come out with a proper AAA title once more. Congratulations, 343! Expand
  13. Nov 16, 2012
    Best Halo since Combat Evolved. I am not a Halo fan, ever since Combat Evolved you could say I've been a Halo Hater. Till now. I felt that Bungie squandered and incredible Universe by forcing us to play through campaigns with confusing and lackluster stories, that were set in a great universe with characters that had all the potential to be memorable. Also I felt that Bungie never took anyBest Halo since Combat Evolved. I am not a Halo fan, ever since Combat Evolved you could say I've been a Halo Hater. Till now. I felt that Bungie squandered and incredible Universe by forcing us to play through campaigns with confusing and lackluster stories, that were set in a great universe with characters that had all the potential to be memorable. Also I felt that Bungie never took any chances with updating Multiplayer. I can say with no doubt I trust in 343, they made em care about the characters, I actually enjoyed the story and the visuals and sound are second to none and did a great job of engrossing you. I also feel the Multiplayer with Spartan Ops is a great change and addition to Multiplayer and has had me fighting my way to 50 to get my first specialization Expand
  14. Jan 23, 2013
    Halo 4 is not the masterpiece but it has its place in the Halo universe, Halo 4 has not had many drastic changes in multilayer except from the new load out system that brings a whole new depth to the multilayer, as it is no longer a rush for the best weapons at the start and felling like there no way back when you stuck with the Assault Rifle over someone with a DMR sniping you from aHalo 4 is not the masterpiece but it has its place in the Halo universe, Halo 4 has not had many drastic changes in multilayer except from the new load out system that brings a whole new depth to the multilayer, as it is no longer a rush for the best weapons at the start and felling like there no way back when you stuck with the Assault Rifle over someone with a DMR sniping you from a higher vantage point. it also allow for new players to get into the game due to it similarities with Call of Duty (this can be seen as good or bad). The single player on the other hand is the one of the best Halo campaigns to date maybe even one of the best FPS campaigns to data, with so many twist and turns throughout the story, if you have played the other Halos and felt something for the story's then I believe that you have to try this game if only for the single player, we have to give credit where credit is due as 343 have done a stellar job on creating a deep and engaging story line that bring a tear to the eye at the conclusion. If you have not played a Halo before I think you should steer clear of the single player till you have as you will feel nothing for the story line. I think if this is your first Halo it is more like a 6/10 as I feel the story even though being fairly short is still Epic and bring a huge amount to the game for series long fans. Expand
  15. Nov 14, 2012
    The Halo franchise is certainly in safe hands with 343. The gameplay is varied, fluid and engaging. The narrative, while somewhat convoluted, was mostly captivating. Most importantly though, the game respects your time. Absolute brilliant release!
  16. Nov 10, 2012
    When Bungie left, I was very hesitant on Halo 4, but to my surprise, the story and feel was still Halo at its core. The campaign was coherent and had started where it was left off. It was great paced, and the visuals were borderline stunning. The campaign was its strong suit, and it showed. The Multiplayer is a toss up, when you get in a good connected game, and everyone isnt sitting on aWhen Bungie left, I was very hesitant on Halo 4, but to my surprise, the story and feel was still Halo at its core. The campaign was coherent and had started where it was left off. It was great paced, and the visuals were borderline stunning. The campaign was its strong suit, and it showed. The Multiplayer is a toss up, when you get in a good connected game, and everyone isnt sitting on a vantage point with the DMR, it is an enriching experience, but those games are few and far between. The host drops constantly and as stated, the DMR is overpowered. It looks like Halo, it feels like Halo, the MP doesnt play like Halo. Its no longer a methodical tug of war where the most accurate shot wins, but rather who becomes full of lead first, no matter placement. In Halo 3 a well placed BR burst could take out shields, that is absent here, the DMR was balanced in Reach because there wasnt many options from it, now there is, and it is proven dominant. If this was a stand alone IP then it should have had a better score, but with the Halo brand comes expectations that were met in areas, but the total package was lacking. Expand
  17. Nov 13, 2012
    Overall it's a REALLY NICE GAME; however, it's not without its flaws. One being a lack of a classical mode (as I personally hate how everyone and their mothers can grab a heavy weapon), and the other the over-powered binary rifle (something they've believed to be fine if you can see the laser light from the weapon). Yet I'm surprised by the hatred being spewed by some saying it's based offOverall it's a REALLY NICE GAME; however, it's not without its flaws. One being a lack of a classical mode (as I personally hate how everyone and their mothers can grab a heavy weapon), and the other the over-powered binary rifle (something they've believed to be fine if you can see the laser light from the weapon). Yet I'm surprised by the hatred being spewed by some saying it's based off of "Modern Warfare". Do you actually believe each game is original? That they all start with new and innovative ideas? Games follow ideas from other successful games and no real game is original, so honestly, people need to calm down. The graphics are good, the gun audio is amazing, and the vehicles have a nice sound to them, Spartan ops adds more to a fairly short Campaign. Get this game, you will not be dissapointed Expand
  18. Nov 7, 2012
    wow this game is amazing all the cod lovers are giving it negative reviews which is'nt right because this game is by far the best halo game to be released don'r read the bad reviews there all lies i can tell you from experience that this is the best halo game to date go by it trust me you wont regret it
  19. Nov 15, 2012
    i see the haters/call of duty fanboys have rated this game as low as possible. what a bunch of morons. this game is great and way better than Call of Duty.
  20. Nov 12, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. *GAMES EVOLVE* I can understand that people are saying Halo 4 has call of duty features but is that really a bad thing? Does the shooting feel like COD or the action, atmosphere, art design, characters, story, gah its Halo 4 you guys. Games have to evolve every now and then. Uncharted 3 Had loadouts, perks, money system for weapon attachments, character customization, etc and that is still a great multiplayer. Gears of war, you choose what gun you want to start and that has a loadout, maybe not a perk but hell your pretty much a super soldier already. I don't understand why people can't take change. Anyways I just wanted to take that in perspective that GAMES EVOLVE or you'd hate how halo would be if it was the exact same thing like the *Cough* Modern*coughs* Warfare*coughs* series*coughs*. Just know that I'm not disrespecting you guys, just get time with the changes. *Review* I have to say this is the best Halo by far since it seems more in depth into what the franchise is. I am gladly to say this is the real reason why I bought an Xbox for. Story - After almost 5 years(forgot the exact date) since the last game, seeing in Halo 3 where Master Cheif and Cortana were drifting off in space, waiting to be found. After 4 years in cryosleep, Master Chief was awaken by Cortana since they were being invaded by the covenent, later to be found by the Forerunner Planet "Requiem" being sucked in by the gravitational pull and stranded on the planet. Without giving too much away, the story in this game is not only about Master Chief but more into Cortanas side of her story; just in Master Cheifs perspective. Halo series never been really a selling point of its story but lore. This one seems more in depth of it's story though it is short, it is the best story by far and engaging as it give us the reason why we're really fighting the Covenent. Gameplay - Alright, this is where people really want to know if this still feels like a Halo game. Still shooting from the hip?(Yep) Stilll Energy Sheild?(Yep) Still have the badass assualt rifle?(Yep) Plays like reach?(Yep) So whats new about it? Well theres alot of new things in this game. New weapons going for in depth with the covenents but also a new species called the prometheans, which you use they're guns off on their body parts. The gameplay is still that old Halo formula we all know and love. The game also has had a great redone over its graphics, making the xbox go through its full potential though with some merky texture going up close to things. The multiplayer is still there, though it is a little faster than the other ones. I don't know what to say but rather that its **** awesome. It has high replayablity with many and I mean MANY game modes that are **** fun. Some I wish they didnt' take out like SWAT on reach but overall it is a goood **** game.

This is the best Halo and xbox game I
  21. Nov 6, 2012
    Exactly what I have been waiting for in a game. Story is great, action is great. Multiplayer is refreshing and the maps are beautiful. Definitely a must buy.
  22. Mar 17, 2014
    Whilst the campaign was short and linear compared to past Halo games, the story and emotional attachment was good. The multiplayer is sub-par, and very shallow. Taking cues from Call of Duty whilst still trying to make it it feel like Halo was a tough task and it wasn't a good mix. The graphics (the only really good thing about this) are great for its time, some of the best I've seen onWhilst the campaign was short and linear compared to past Halo games, the story and emotional attachment was good. The multiplayer is sub-par, and very shallow. Taking cues from Call of Duty whilst still trying to make it it feel like Halo was a tough task and it wasn't a good mix. The graphics (the only really good thing about this) are great for its time, some of the best I've seen on Xbox 360, although when you play split-screen with a buddy, the console really shows it's age, having to dial back on the graphics due to having to render the meshes & textures twice on some really old hardware. All in all, the multiplayer gets stale after a few hours of play, and campaign was solid but a tad bit on the short side. As a classic Halo fan, I am disappointed in this project, although some may like it, and it does have some strong aspects. Expand
  23. Mar 17, 2014
    simply the best halo in my opinion, the multiplayer is better then ever, graphics are amazing, and story was more emotional.well worth the buy, for the xbox 360
  24. Nov 10, 2012
    Halo needs to stay halo. It obvious doesn't work when COD and other fps features are put into it. 343 should know that reach was no received well with the core fan base but yet they took it further. This new game has no identity. It is in the middle of halo and other fps' and it just doesn't play well.

The campaign is very short. It is the shortest campaign of any halo game. Can easily beat the game on heroic in 5 hours which is unacceptable for this series. Every mission has been ripped from other halo games which shows no creativity. Example being the flying falcon mission from reach, only this time its a pelican you fly. The mission plays exactly the same just with a new coat of paint. Also each mission has you pushing a button 3 or 4 times.

Multiplayer is very unbalanced and is already being hacked by players with aim bot. The game requires no skill anymore. You no longer have to be good to rank up, as everybody will rank up just for playing. The game promotes the player who shoots first most of the time. WIth the glorious aim assist and the big hit boxes this game requires little to no skill.

Unfortunately halo is on its death bad. While trying to broaden the audience, the developers have lost what has made halo a cultural phenomenon. Unless they fix this the series will die out.
  25. MrR
    Nov 9, 2012
    Wow. I am blown away by Halo 4. The campaign is brilliant, an amazing continuation of the series. I worried about how 343 would handle this game, as Halo 2 and 3 by Bungie were my go-to games for years when I was younger. But I have no more worries for the future of this series. Halo 4 is the multiplayer fps I have been waiting for. While there seem to be a few backtracks, almostWow. I am blown away by Halo 4. The campaign is brilliant, an amazing continuation of the series. I worried about how 343 would handle this game, as Halo 2 and 3 by Bungie were my go-to games for years when I was younger. But I have no more worries for the future of this series. Halo 4 is the multiplayer fps I have been waiting for. While there seem to be a few backtracks, almost everything has advanced and been polished to a tee. Gameplay is smooth and feels natural, but still has all the creativity and fun expected from a Halo game. The visuals and sounds are phenomenal, though I miss Marty's epic tunes. Forge has been perfected and will provide re playability for years to come. All in all, I am blown away by Halo 4. I haven't been playing console FPS's very much for the last few years, but I am having trouble putting this one down. Well done 343i.

There are a few things I miss from earlier Halo games that have been removed or changed, but all in all this is a huge step forward and Halo 4 blows other Xbox FPS's out of the water. 10/10
  26. Nov 7, 2012
    Let me start by saying I had EXTREMELY high hopes going into this game. I was not dissapointed, in fact it was better than I thought it could be. My hopes were surpassed, I beat the campaign and played about 8 hours of online.

CAMPAIGN: This is by far the most engaging campaign of the series, the story feels like an epic Sci-Fi story and really pulls you in. The graphics are stunning I didn't know the tired old Xbox 360 could produce graphics like this. The weapons sound better than ever, the gameplay has been improved feels smoother than ever. There is a realistic sense of weight to the often floaty Master Chief. I don't feel at all that this is a Reach game, I liked Reach and ODST but they grew old on me simply because nothing compares to being Master Chief. I don't understand all the haters, I never felt like this was going in a CoD kind of direction. The Power-Ups are fun and the Mantis is fun, the gameplay seems mixed and well paced. Overall I feel that this is a good step for the franchise and keeps me wanting more. The other Halo games had the gameplay but the story never pulled me in like this one, it's nice seeing more of the MC and understanding the back story. Even the QTE's don't bother me and add a little variety to the game. MULTIPLAYER: I was a big player of Halo 3 online and played it constantly, this one is a big improvement and not a CoD clone in my opinion. They just added more flavor to it, theres now a fun variety of different modes to play which kept me interested for a while. I can't get over how nice the graphics look in an online competitive environment, it's a real nice touch. OVERALL: I feel Halo is in good hands and look forward to the next one on the next generation Xbox.
  27. Nov 12, 2012
    Everything that makes Halo 4, Halo is still there and is epic! It still has the genuine ingenuity as the previous ones. I actually like the Infinity "Spartan Ops" concept too. That is definitely new to Halo, but I can't help but notice that there is a lot of "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3" traits involved in the game. That's doesn't really bother me because in the end, it makes a HaloEverything that makes Halo 4, Halo is still there and is epic! It still has the genuine ingenuity as the previous ones. I actually like the Infinity "Spartan Ops" concept too. That is definitely new to Halo, but I can't help but notice that there is a lot of "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3" traits involved in the game. That's doesn't really bother me because in the end, it makes a Halo 4 a more of faster pace game than it already was, and let's face it, everyone likes those "said COD traits", but I forsee myself playing more Call of Duty multiplayer in the future if 343 doesn't become a tad bit more innovative in it. Hopefully the game add-ons that come out in the future will bring out that innovation people are looking for. Like I said, still a fantastic game for everyone of to play with an Xbox, but I can't give a perfect score to 343 for "maintaining" a legacy not "enhancing" a legacy... Expand
  28. Nov 13, 2012
    I'll say it up front: I'm a halo fanboy. I've been playing the games since I was 7 or so (shh don't tell my parents) I own all the games now and have beaten them all on legendary, played hours of them on live, on and on. So I truely mean it when I say it's the best Halo game ever, the best of 2012, and for me, best game ever. It's hard to be unbiased. We each have a series that's our baby,I'll say it up front: I'm a halo fanboy. I've been playing the games since I was 7 or so (shh don't tell my parents) I own all the games now and have beaten them all on legendary, played hours of them on live, on and on. So I truely mean it when I say it's the best Halo game ever, the best of 2012, and for me, best game ever. It's hard to be unbiased. We each have a series that's our baby, halo, COD, etc. if you're a halo fan you'll LOVE the campaign, an easy enough run through on normal, a frustrating yet extremely rewarding if you go for the solo legendary achievement/route. The story draws you in, the graphics sparkle and pop, and the gameplay is solid halo gameplay with the prometheans and their weapons mixin it up just enough (along with other unnamed bonuses) making the campaign fresh, new, and extremely fun. Granted the final amount of gameplay might feel underwhelming, it's easy to breeze over this for the final cinematic (2 if completed on legendary. Spartan Ops wont replace firefight for fans, but it's still a plus. There's plenty of content with more weeks ahead, and they're fun short lived missions. Just don't expect longevity beyond commendations/challenges and a few achievements. And for desert is multiplayer: honestly people who AREN'T fans might like it more than hardcore followers. Halo 4 multiplayer, on the surface, seems call of dutified. But it's not: it's better at being COD than COD is. The load outs encourage experimentation and there isn't any one right answer: you just have to find your niche. There are enough game modes to suffice with more on the way being welcome. Forge is the biggest letdown only because we don't have a forge world: the tools are much better, we just don't have as much space as we want and need to utilize said tools like before. So on the whole? It's fantastic. There's something for everyone. Multiplayer might take longer to adjust to then reach did, and forge is smaller.but that doesn't prevent this game from being a legend among giants. Expand
  29. Nov 6, 2012
    Campaign only: I was worried it was going to go too far away from the others but I was pleasantly surprised. The cut scenes are amazing graphic wise. The first few minutes blew me away with the detailing in the facial expressions. The weapons were great, several old ones coming back. There were new weapons as well. Some of the game play is repetitive from earlier games, but I personallyCampaign only: I was worried it was going to go too far away from the others but I was pleasantly surprised. The cut scenes are amazing graphic wise. The first few minutes blew me away with the detailing in the facial expressions. The weapons were great, several old ones coming back. There were new weapons as well. Some of the game play is repetitive from earlier games, but I personally enjoyed the few familiar feeling parts. It made it feel like a part of Halo to me. The storyline was fantastic and emotionally stimulating. The soundtracks were moving and exciting. I loved it. I've played Halo since the beginning of the entire series and I thought they did a wonderful job making it feel new and familiar. Definitely worth my time and money. Expand
  30. Nov 10, 2012
    Halo 4 is graphically astonishing and is possibly the best looking game on 360. The story is also great if you've read the books that support it. But that's about it for positives.
    The campaign mode i did in co-op with some friends and it took us four and a half hours which is just ridiculous especially for people who don't play online. The multiplayer feels like a fusion of Halo 3 and Modern warfare 2 leaving an unbalanced mess with people shooting you across the map with guns with surprisingly long range or killing you quickly at close range with the new saw which kills in about 2 seconds. There's also vehicles that its possible to survive an entire game in weapons on map that don't respawn and spawn camping. With a few updates 343 could probably fix it a bit but i highly doubt they will.
  31. Nov 6, 2012
    The Good: Cut scenes look amazing, weapons look great, the majority of multiplay tweaks improve the game. The Bad: friendly AI mostly shoots corpses, bad checkpoint system, poor balance on sounds with no settings, bullet sponges.
  32. Nov 6, 2012
    I wasn't really sure about how good Halo 4 was going to be a t first. To be honest, I expected it to flop. But after completing the campaign on Normal, and experiencing the multiplayer for a couple of hours, I have to admit that this is one of the best Halos ever made. It may not have the longest Halo campaign, but it has one of the most emotional ones. The bits of dialogue between MasterI wasn't really sure about how good Halo 4 was going to be a t first. To be honest, I expected it to flop. But after completing the campaign on Normal, and experiencing the multiplayer for a couple of hours, I have to admit that this is one of the best Halos ever made. It may not have the longest Halo campaign, but it has one of the most emotional ones. The bits of dialogue between Master Chief and Cortana are brillaint, from the script writing to the voice acting. There's a whole bunch of new, awesome weapons which all feel and sound really great. The multiplayer feels more fast paced than the previous titles and that only does it justice. I've really enjoyed my Halo 4 experience so far and I hope that Halo 5 turns out to be just as good, if not better. Expand
  33. Mar 19, 2013
    I can remember the days when I hated FPS and then I discovered Halo. Loved the new weapons and new race to fight. Loved the graphics. I can say that I had so much fun playing through the campaign with my brother in law and making jokes. If the walking dead hadn't destroyed my heart before I played this, I might have even cried when one of my beloved characters died. I think the beauty hereI can remember the days when I hated FPS and then I discovered Halo. Loved the new weapons and new race to fight. Loved the graphics. I can say that I had so much fun playing through the campaign with my brother in law and making jokes. If the walking dead hadn't destroyed my heart before I played this, I might have even cried when one of my beloved characters died. I think the beauty here is that they didn't try to teach an old dog any tricks. They just tweaked the same stuff we've been loving for years. Expand
  34. Dec 31, 2013
    A worthy entry into the acclaimed series, Halo 4 is an exciting and intense first-person shooter. The game offers little in the way of new enemies, its main drawback and appears to substitute the games expansive environments for spectacular visuals. The game runs very smoothly and the narrative is fantastic. O'Donnell's classic score and theme are missing and replaced with a moreA worthy entry into the acclaimed series, Halo 4 is an exciting and intense first-person shooter. The game offers little in the way of new enemies, its main drawback and appears to substitute the games expansive environments for spectacular visuals. The game runs very smoothly and the narrative is fantastic. O'Donnell's classic score and theme are missing and replaced with a more generic soundtrack. Expand
  35. Nov 7, 2012
    This game's existence is disappointing to begin with. On top of that it didn't change enough to be something new and it didn't keep enough from the old games to be a true halo game. It can't identify itself. The campaign (which should, btw, be the most important thing in the game) was heartlessly glued together. It feels short and in actuality it is. Cortana gets crazy. Everyone wants youThis game's existence is disappointing to begin with. On top of that it didn't change enough to be something new and it didn't keep enough from the old games to be a true halo game. It can't identify itself. The campaign (which should, btw, be the most important thing in the game) was heartlessly glued together. It feels short and in actuality it is. Cortana gets crazy. Everyone wants you to think she's a real person. And they try too hard. The master chief speaks a little more. Not that it makes him any more human. And then there is this forerunner who wants to destroy humanity, basically. Maybe it's not very different from what we already saw in older halo games, but it is presented in such a plain and simple way, i couldn't help but laugh through almost every cutscene. Also, i want to thank 343 for not including the campaign in theatre mode, or vice versa. You can't record singleplayer gameplay for your theatre. Oh, thank you so much. I'm sure, singleplayer is too boring anyway, eh?
    Now that's what i call a campaign. On to the multiplayer, shall we?
    Infinity slayer is probably the inevitable "evolution" from normal slayer. Or it is borrowed from some other game, which has an abbrevation, that's three letters long. Either way, it's a new addition to Halo and it's not necessarily bad. Except you don't like it. Oh, and there is also the Killcam. What a nice little thing. I wonder where i saw that before. No, not in Battlefield 3. They apparently don't need it. There's also your typical CTF, King of the Hill, some other stuff and Griffball, of course. I couldn't manage to find Action Sack or other "fun" playlists, but maybe it's just me.

Overall, the presentation of this game tries too much to convince you of it's coolness and hipness, both visually and storywise, as if you where a little kid. Personally, i don't like the new design at all. It lacks a certain charm. There are also some bugs where, for example, a banshee flies through a tower or an enemy tries to hide itself in a wall. I hope those get ironed out soon, since apparently some people still want to play this game.

If you like Halo 4, good for you. Let's hope you like Halo 7, too. Don't worry, it's gonna come eventually.
  36. Nov 7, 2012
    Halo 4 may very well be the best Halo ever, probably the best game of 2012. This game never disappoints. From better-than-before multiplayer , an amazing campaign, great gameplay and an epic soundtrack. Do yourselves a favor and buy this game. PS: Don't listen to the trolls. They're idiots.
  37. Nov 6, 2012
    OK got my halo 4 in started playing and right out the box I was like **** yeah halo man I love this game so gorgeous and like most other halos before it the gun play and story are fun and interesting.mulitiplayer as usaul is a blast I just. Confused again like when reach came out why so much hate. What do ppl want 343i to do to halo change into cod or something cause I I read o its notOK got my halo 4 in started playing and right out the box I was like **** yeah halo man I love this game so gorgeous and like most other halos before it the gun play and story are fun and interesting.mulitiplayer as usaul is a blast I just. Confused again like when reach came out why so much hate. What do ppl want 343i to do to halo change into cod or something cause I I read o its not evovled or it's the same. Well Idk what they are babbling about cause halo 4 in my opinion is the BEST game I have played this year so far and is a awesome introduction to the new trilogy if u are a halo fan BUY this game u WILL love it lol. Expand
  38. Nov 6, 2012
    The game is absolutely outstanding!!!! Visually maybe the best game in consoles. High quality sounds, it feels like you are in the real battlefield, excellent gameplay, jawdropping lightning effects, unbelievable music, awesome story. What else do you need? Congrats to 343!!!!
  39. Nov 30, 2012
    All I can say about Halo 4 is that it is probably the best game I have ever played. The story is amazing, multiplayer is SEXY as hell and the Spartan Ops mode is juicy. I can never get enough of this game. If you are not a fan of Halo or have never played a Halo game, I don't care. Get this game. It's worth every penny. Hell its worth more than its retail price! 343i, thank you for thisAll I can say about Halo 4 is that it is probably the best game I have ever played. The story is amazing, multiplayer is SEXY as hell and the Spartan Ops mode is juicy. I can never get enough of this game. If you are not a fan of Halo or have never played a Halo game, I don't care. Get this game. It's worth every penny. Hell its worth more than its retail price! 343i, thank you for this wonderful game and I can't wait for the next installment! Expand
  40. Nov 6, 2012
    I'm a long term fan of the Halo series and this new edition certainly lives up to my personal standards but not only does it live up to them, it surpasses them in every way. The graphics are amazing, though like in all games this novelty wears off rather quickly, regardless they are stunning. The story is where the games gets me, it's well composed, the conflicts are interesting and if youI'm a long term fan of the Halo series and this new edition certainly lives up to my personal standards but not only does it live up to them, it surpasses them in every way. The graphics are amazing, though like in all games this novelty wears off rather quickly, regardless they are stunning. The story is where the games gets me, it's well composed, the conflicts are interesting and if you are enduring halo fan like me, it hits close to home. I don't think i have felt this emotional during a game since red dead. I thought that they could have spent a bit more time developing master chief though. On a more technical aspect the sounds are fantastic and the music fits very and creates an awesome atmosphere. Overall the game delivers on nearly all of it's promises and i think 343 are well on their way to filling those massive shoes that were left behind. Expand
  41. Nov 6, 2012
    At first I was suspicious of the many changes the Halo franchise has undergone in the hands of 343 Industries. However it seems like those worries were unneeded as this game is brilliant! Yes, the campaign is very enjoyable and has overall a great story integrated. Matchmaking has been improved since reach too, only missing the visible in-game ranking system halo 3 and halo 2 possessedAt first I was suspicious of the many changes the Halo franchise has undergone in the hands of 343 Industries. However it seems like those worries were unneeded as this game is brilliant! Yes, the campaign is very enjoyable and has overall a great story integrated. Matchmaking has been improved since reach too, only missing the visible in-game ranking system halo 3 and halo 2 possessed which is a pity for the competitive community, but I enjoyed Matchmaking (Or war games as it's called now) so far. Another neat new feature is Spartan Ops, A sort of coop campaign in which every a new episode releases to play. The new graphics are stunning and the new sounds are blowing me away. Definitely my favorite game of 2012! Expand
  42. Nov 6, 2012
    It may not be revolutionary, but what else can you do in a first person shooter? I work in the video game industry and, let me to you, developers are looking desperately for new ideas. People hate games for changing what isn't broken and for keeping things the same. You tell me, where would you begin to change things to satisfy both these desires? Halo Combat Evolved will always be theIt may not be revolutionary, but what else can you do in a first person shooter? I work in the video game industry and, let me to you, developers are looking desperately for new ideas. People hate games for changing what isn't broken and for keeping things the same. You tell me, where would you begin to change things to satisfy both these desires? Halo Combat Evolved will always be the best Halo because it felt fresh, among other things. I also think the AI, at least enemy AI, was the best in Combat Evolved in comparison to other Halos. Halo 4, however, is definitely worthy of the Halo title. Still, I am upset that firefight doesn't make a return. That's the only reason why I refuse to give this game a ten. Expand
  43. Nov 6, 2012
    Campaign - It was hard to follow the story. There was a lot of jumping around and it was unclear what the purpose of the story missions were. I also played it Co-op which was the worst way to experience the game. There are near hundreds of spots where you will warp to your teammates facing different directions, and if you are in a vehicle when your teammate warps they will usually be inCampaign - It was hard to follow the story. There was a lot of jumping around and it was unclear what the purpose of the story missions were. I also played it Co-op which was the worst way to experience the game. There are near hundreds of spots where you will warp to your teammates facing different directions, and if you are in a vehicle when your teammate warps they will usually be in front of you and will die from a betrayal. Game looks nice, plays bad. War Games - Only search with a full party or you will get put into losing games more often than not. There are clear advantages to certain armor abilities and perks. Expand
  44. Nov 13, 2012
    Amazing, just flat out Amazing. Halo has become a series every gamer should take apart of. The visuals are down right spectacular. The campaign is amazing, and very well rounded. 343 has taken a large step in a good direction.
  45. Nov 7, 2012
    The game does nothing "new". But as per most Halo games, everything it does do, it does really well. I have had a blast on multiplayer, - however the lack of "co-op campaign" play lists (IE campaign with randoms) and a lack of firefight mode is a shame. Map size in multiplayer is excellent, especially when you consider the size of some of the levels in the recent COD games. This does notThe game does nothing "new". But as per most Halo games, everything it does do, it does really well. I have had a blast on multiplayer, - however the lack of "co-op campaign" play lists (IE campaign with randoms) and a lack of firefight mode is a shame. Map size in multiplayer is excellent, especially when you consider the size of some of the levels in the recent COD games. This does not feel like shooting fish in a barrel.

Graphics are lovely (for current generation console level). Sound is very nice and the story seems to be moving allong nicely. (i have not played it all the way yet).
  46. Nov 6, 2012
    Es el Halo definitivo, no hagáis caso a los majaras estos, no entiendo esta manía por Halo, llega a estancarse y es lo mismo, hay quejas, cambia muchas cosas y mantiene su esencia aunque con leves cambios, os quejáis, de verdad, me dáis pena, es el mejor Halo porque es el que más gente ha atraído, sus gráficos son increíbles, suEs el Halo definitivo, no hagáis caso a los majaras estos, no entiendo esta manía por Halo, llega a estancarse y es lo mismo, hay quejas, cambia muchas cosas y mantiene su esencia aunque con leves cambios, os quejáis, de verdad, me dáis pena, es el mejor Halo porque es el que más gente ha atraído, sus gráficos son increíbles, su historia es muy interesante, y su multijugador es una mezcla muy interesante entre Halo y Call of Duty,
    GOOD FOR 343, THEY MADE THE BEST HALO OF THE HISTORY
  47. Nov 6, 2012
    The best game of my life . Perfect in alla aspects . Awesome graphic band story
    This game must be the Goty and for me the Game of this generation of console.
    Thank you Microsoft , i love you All 383 industries
  48. Nov 6, 2012
    it is too boring, very similar to the previous. Unfortunately, it is as I feared, 343 have simply exploited the previous technologies without adding anything new. it's a shame...
  49. Nov 6, 2012
    lmao of course, trolls cant accept that halo 4 has 5.0 and they come back to bring it down to 4.9. Typical. This is the first time halo 4's reviews go down since right after the release, so its easy to tell. Just stop
  50. Nov 6, 2012
    Hard to decide whether i'm disappointed or not with this. Great music, the menu music just blows me away. Decent storyline, nice to see the Chief speaking a lot more, but the gameplay is just the same ol' stuff. Multiplayer is where it all goes horribly wrong. People have always compared other modern fps games with call of duty and for once they would be right to do so. The multiplayerHard to decide whether i'm disappointed or not with this. Great music, the menu music just blows me away. Decent storyline, nice to see the Chief speaking a lot more, but the gameplay is just the same ol' stuff. Multiplayer is where it all goes horribly wrong. People have always compared other modern fps games with call of duty and for once they would be right to do so. The multiplayer many of us have come to know and love has been warped almost to the point of being unrecognisable. Killcams, sprint (not just a perk), customisable loadouts. This may all sound like a great advancement, and some of it arguably is (players joining in a session is a welcome bonus!) but many of the changes really do ruin the flow of gameplay and most importantly ruin everything that Bungie worked so hard on refining. I would seriously reccommend caution if you're thinking about buying this. Expand
  51. Nov 6, 2012
    Thank you 343. Halo 4 delivers an experience that Halo fans will love, and newcomers will find themselves enthralled in. The great graphics, engaging gameplay, and great story leave one wanting more.(Spartan Ops). Halo has returned to its rightful place at kingofthexbox.
  52. Nov 6, 2012
    This the must have game for the Xbox 360. Solid Campaign (Story is solid and everywhere and I follow the books and other media), The gameplay mechanics are tight as ever, the game is STUNNING, voice acting is AAA, Multiplayer competitiveness is at it's peak, spartan-ops looks very promising.

This is the game that people buy the Xbox 360 for. And this is why Halo is and will be the killer and biggest growing franchise of the gaming world.
  53. Nov 6, 2012
    Man the people who have given this game a below 8 rating are straight out of their minds. This is the biggest game ever made. The AAA among AAA.

This game looks amazing, feels amazing, plays amazing. Anybody who says otherwise has not played a decent shooter or modern game. At first I had my doubts but 343 Industries has done a beautiful job helming the franchise in the direction of

At first I had my doubts but 343 Industries has done a beautiful job helming the franchise in the direction of Halo 4. I trust them entirely with future outings of any other Halo game. Multiplayer is the go-to Xbox live online experience (War Games AND Spartan-ops) Campaign fits perfectly in the Halo lore and leaves with a good cliffhanger for future games and media, and Forge (ability to create from scratch custom maps however you like) satisfies all the mine craft fans who like to build stuff out of thin air.

Best Game out to date PERIOD [Includes PS3 (which I own all the biggest games: Uncharted 2,3; Killzone, God of War, etc.), PC (Which I play Diablo 3 and StarCraft among many others) and Wii (Zelda and That I have for when family comes over) and obviously Xbox 360]

Halo 4 represents the pinnacle (so far) of gaming across all platforms and systems.
  54. Nov 6, 2012
    This game is gorgeous with stunning visuals for a 360 game.
    The KI is very well done and acts at the higher difficulties challenging.
    The multiplayer is fun and rewarding, skill is required. Spartan-ops makes the game even bigger and makes the it feel like a complete package. Even if the game is not flawless, one has to admit that the game is worth beyond the price. Do yourself a
    This game is gorgeous with stunning visuals for a 360 game.
    The KI is very well done and acts at the higher difficulties challenging.
    The multiplayer is fun and rewarding, skill is required.
    Do yourself a favor and pick it up.
  55. Nov 6, 2012
    I made an account just to put this review up. Alot of people are just playing for 10 mins and giving the game a zero without any real thought. I however, played multiplayer from midnight EST to around Noon and can honestly say i enjoy the multiplayer a great and while i haven't turned the campaign on yet i plan to at a later date, as far as multiplayer goes this game is outstanding. AsI made an account just to put this review up. Alot of people are just playing for 10 mins and giving the game a zero without any real thought. I however, played multiplayer from midnight EST to around Noon and can honestly say i enjoy the multiplayer a great and while i haven't turned the campaign on yet i plan to at a later date, as far as multiplayer goes this game is outstanding. As someone who didn't appreciate the armor abilities in Reach, i feel 343 balance the abilities well to make them balanced. that being said the loadout as well as perk system do come directly from CoD but for me personally its a welcome addition. Great game if u enjoyed Halo 3 this is closer to Halo 3 then Reach Expand
  56. Nov 6, 2012
    This must be the best game ever, the graphics are mindblowing, the campaign experience that i had was simply amazing! The relationship between master chief and cortana really comes to life in this halo and ypu get to dig deeper into each character, i do hope that the standars will be kept throughout the trilogy coming. Multiplayer is boss like always and spartan ops turned out to be aThis must be the best game ever, the graphics are mindblowing, the campaign experience that i had was simply amazing! The relationship between master chief and cortana really comes to life in this halo and ypu get to dig deeper into each character, i do hope that the standars will be kept throughout the trilogy coming. Multiplayer is boss like always and spartan ops turned out to be a blast! I've already had tons of fun with this game and i will continue with that for sooo long. A must but, and most likely game of the year 2012! Go chief and go cortana! Expand
  57. Nov 6, 2012
    Don't listen to these moronic "haters." Halo 4 is amazing. It boasts gorgeous graphics, solid gameplay, and a good story. The campaign is impressive and the game boasts great coop and awesome multiplayer. What the f**k else do you haters want from a first person shooter??? Call of Duty rehashes their games every year and they receive rave reviews and dominate sales every time. Halo 4 is aDon't listen to these moronic "haters." Halo 4 is amazing. It boasts gorgeous graphics, solid gameplay, and a good story. The campaign is impressive and the game boasts great coop and awesome multiplayer. What the f**k else do you haters want from a first person shooter??? Call of Duty rehashes their games every year and they receive rave reviews and dominate sales every time. Halo 4 is a more impressive accomplishment than any recent COD rehash and hating on it makes absolutely no sense. Halo 4 is the best Halo game to date and the positive reviews that it's getting from all of the PROFESSIONAL critics are well deserved (ex IGN). These stupid internet trolls don't know what the f they're talking about. Don't listen to them. If you don't like Halo 4 then you don't like epic scaled first person shooters and shouldn't be submitting a review on one. Halo 4 is a must-have game for any respectable FPS fan. Expand
  58. Nov 6, 2012
    Signed up to post this review, as I feel the user reviews here are not a true representation of the worth of this game.

The multiplayer is nothing short of a return to form - fast paced, competitive, adrenaline fuelled fun. A far cry from the painfully slow and boring gunplay of Reach, and easily as good as [if not better than] Halo 3. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, this game's multiplayer is quite easily the best in the series since the golden era of Halo 2. The only thing that stopped me from giving it a ten is the fact that sprint as a default for all players has rended the game somewhat more chaotic. It has also had a negative effect on the maps, which are now designed to complement sprint, being generally much bigger. This could be a barrier to the titles true competitve worth, especially in the tourny scene. In summation, I am overjoyed to finally be playing some high quality halo multiplayer again, after the proverbial brainfart that was Reach.
  59. Nov 6, 2012
    Short but not sweet. Graphically outstanding and the soundtrack is good although sadly none of the nostalgic scores have remained. The guns are varied, useful and sound awesome. However this game is so far from amazing that you would have to slap yourself after all of the pre-release reviews. The levels are boring, uninspired and repetitive, quite literally requiring you to perform theShort but not sweet. Graphically outstanding and the soundtrack is good although sadly none of the nostalgic scores have remained. The guns are varied, useful and sound awesome. However this game is so far from amazing that you would have to slap yourself after all of the pre-release reviews. The levels are boring, uninspired and repetitive, quite literally requiring you to perform the same style of objective in every level. It is also disappointingly short considering how boring the levels are; if it's going to be short make sure the levels are awesome. The vehicles are clunky and do not handle as fluent and fast of halo games of old. Explosions are weaker and smaller. The enemy AI is also unexciting. Whilst I have only played normal difficulty, fighting an elite in past halo games was an awesome challenge. Halo 4's elites do not feel challenging or smart, as well as the other enemies, something that did not exist on the normal difficulty setting of other halo's. Multiplayer is fun, but it's not halo multiplayer - the ultimate thrill of halo multiplayer was never in a perks/ability system, but just in the fact it was halo - it depends what you want, but if I want cod i'll play cod because they do it best. Second only to the gameplay is the story which is also boring. More plot holes than swiss cheese and it's not even easy to follow. Predictable cliche's and attempts to tug your heart strings but there are so many waning questions and factors that don't add up that whilst the humanity of chief can finally be felt, it just feels silly to imply the same for cortana as an AI. The new ideas the game possesses are its most promising aspect. Going into the game all I wanted was the same old halo, but 343 in trying to do this actually made it the killer. They hit some aspects but miss many, and movel design which was the best part of halo, is its worst in this game. They are not as good at doing what bungie do best, so they need to do what they do best. The new things that worked demonstrates that the halo universe can be improved, so they need to forget about recycling bungie halo and take some bold steps to make it their own in future titles. Expand
  60. Nov 6, 2012
    The most complete and perfect game that already played scenarios with gorgeous graphics, scenarios and very large with lots of variety, making the space with the plane gave a taste of playing with star wars was living on the skin of Lucas scair walker, a fantastic story, well this generation and the best game that anyone can see, this complication is being revised this without havingThe most complete and perfect game that already played scenarios with gorgeous graphics, scenarios and very large with lots of variety, making the space with the plane gave a taste of playing with star wars was living on the skin of Lucas scair walker, a fantastic story, well this generation and the best game that anyone can see, this complication is being revised this without having played the whole game, I only ask that people loved to make the revised finish the game first Expand
  61. Nov 6, 2012
    The game is great, the campaign and graphics are pushing the limit of the console and the multiplayer has lots of options so you can play classic halo or infinity slayer. 343 really tried to introduce new blood to the series and yet keep the things that made it great.
  62. Nov 6, 2012
    Halo 4 comes to definitely be the GOTY 2012, great graphics, great gameplay and lots of fun and a multiplayer mode that borders on perfection, not to mention the campaign mode is excellent and featuring the return of Master Chief.
  63. Nov 6, 2012
    It's put together well i.e. nice visuals and audio but has not lived up to its hype or legacy. The multiplayer has not stayed true to what it was and has taken way too many game mechanics from other franchises which takes away from it's own identity. Any innovations have been done already a million times so in turn really isn't innovation at all ,rather integration. The campaign isIt's put together well i.e. nice visuals and audio but has not lived up to its hype or legacy. The multiplayer has not stayed true to what it was and has taken way too many game mechanics from other franchises which takes away from it's own identity. Any innovations have been done already a million times so in turn really isn't innovation at all ,rather integration. The campaign is confusing at times much like the previous titles and the plot is hard to follow. Buy this game if you are a die-hard halo fan.
    This is not a bad game. It's just not a great game.
  64. Nov 6, 2012
    Halo 4 is the offspring of 10 years of 30 second fun every 30 seconds. That's what Halo has always been a bout. AI that is so good that it makes the game interesting and fun with every encounter. Rather than linear corridors and amusement ride scripted events, Halo 4 gives you wide open levels and the ability to attack as you see fit.

Without giving away and spoilers: The story is well

Without giving away and spoilers: The story is well acted and well written as well as well paced and satisfying. The game play is perfectly balanced and fun. The graphics are the best you will see on any console. It looks so good you'll think it's CGI until you see the CGI cut-scenes that you'll think are live action. No other game on Xbox 360 or even PS3 has the level of detail and sophisticated art direction as Halo 4. This is the game that people will talk about in the years to come when discussing the best graphics of this generation. The sound and music is so good it's hard to explain. Buy the soundtrack, it's that good.

If you have an Xbox 360 you must buy Halo 4. If you don't have an Xbox 360, then buy one so you can play Halo 4 and the other Halo games. Don't deny yourself the best that gaming has to offer.
  65. Nov 7, 2012
    Ranking system, new playlits and theater coming soon in the new Tu's so i would withhold my review until they come.
  66. Nov 7, 2012
    Halo 4 Multiplayer mixes the best elements of Call of Duty Modern Warfare with the best elements of Halo. These elements like loadout customization joinable online matches, and kill cams are just plain great. I got home from work popped the game in installed the multiplayer and then was able to hop right into a game with my brothers who were already playing a match. Granted someone had toHalo 4 Multiplayer mixes the best elements of Call of Duty Modern Warfare with the best elements of Halo. These elements like loadout customization joinable online matches, and kill cams are just plain great. I got home from work popped the game in installed the multiplayer and then was able to hop right into a game with my brothers who were already playing a match. Granted someone had to leave before i could join, but they did and I replaced them without having to sit there waiting for their match to be over because the teams were uneven. Weapons are generally more powerful allowing for more frequent deaths but that takes little away from the "Halo" experience it still takes a fair amount of skill to shoot someone in the face several times. Once I got used to the slightly modified (for sprinting) controls I was back in my element and the Halo universe has never looked or sounded better. Since all the weapons are more powerful even my Assault rifle loving friends were having a great time. Like all other halo games we had zero problems connecting and little lag in any of our numerous matches. Expand
  67. Apr 19, 2013
    I have all the halo games and this one is a bit different but still attach to the original game play, it has a lot CoD but i don't see that like a bad thing, for me this game is a 1 year online game to play.
  68. Nov 6, 2012
    Had high hopes for this game but the multiplayer just doesnt feel right at all, weapons spawns are terrible and it feels more like a Halo Reach than a Halo 4. The graphics are amazing, I havent tried campaign too much. Strictly multiplayer, I feel this game does not live up to the Halo standards that were set in Halo 3 I might trade in for AC3 if this game doesnt step it up soon.
  69. Nov 6, 2012
    Honestly this is the best Halo game in the series as far as campaign and multiplayer. The graphics are probably the best available on the 360. All the negative reviews are CoD players who want **** games. Seriously, you can't buy a game JUST for multiplayer. Everything about this game is amazing. When you buy an FPS thats what you get! The story was amazing, if all you care about isHonestly this is the best Halo game in the series as far as campaign and multiplayer. The graphics are probably the best available on the 360. All the negative reviews are CoD players who want **** games. Seriously, you can't buy a game JUST for multiplayer. Everything about this game is amazing. When you buy an FPS thats what you get! The story was amazing, if all you care about is multiplayer go play CoD, Halo is for serious people who are over the age of 13. Expand
  70. Nov 6, 2012
    This game took the simplicity of the original Halo trilogy's core, which is what made it great, and threw it out the window. It replaced it with what was obviously their spin off of a Call of Duty style of gameplay. (Not that I like Call of Duty, actually its the other way around). It was a completely unnecessary change, as halo had very few flaws in the first place. 343 should have lookedThis game took the simplicity of the original Halo trilogy's core, which is what made it great, and threw it out the window. It replaced it with what was obviously their spin off of a Call of Duty style of gameplay. (Not that I like Call of Duty, actually its the other way around). It was a completely unnecessary change, as halo had very few flaws in the first place. 343 should have looked at the numbers and realized they didn't lose the top positions in xbox live in terms of top played until halo reach. Even if you don't compare it to past halo games, its still a mistake. Its incorrectly balanced, there is only one new vehicle, and people at higher levels have distinct advantages. I would rent this for campaign, as its decent. But do not depend on this for your fix of daily competitive multiplayer. Expand
  71. Nov 6, 2012
    I don't know where these third rate reviews are coming from.
    From personal experience and through much conversing with the community, I've found Halo 4 to be a success.
    The game has improved in many different ways. Story Art design Lighting Game physics Audio Amount of content given to the player (I honestly think some of these review are negative for the sake of being
    I don't know where these third rate reviews are coming from.

The game has improved in many different ways.
    Story
    Art design
    Lighting
    Game physics
    Audio
    Amount of content given to the player

(I honestly think some of these review are negative for the sake of being negative.)

To be objective, there are a few issues with phasing in some of the campaign levels, but that would be the limit of my critique. The game has made improvements in every aspect of its formula. It may not be innovation that everyone is looking for but a game shouldn't have to change from a FPS to a FPRPG like borderlands for instance (beautiful game btw) to be considered great. My suggestion is play the game for yourself, even if you have to rent it first. Then make your decision.
  72. Nov 6, 2012
    OK HALO 4 is a new step for the franchise. First of the campaign, its emotional and intense. Cortana plays a very important part in the story which is great because it isnt all focused on the chief. Gameplay still feels alot like halo even though they added sprint and changed the button layouts (which you can change it the way you prefer). Guns feel more powerful and sound very powerful,OK HALO 4 is a new step for the franchise. First of the campaign, its emotional and intense. Cortana plays a very important part in the story which is great because it isnt all focused on the chief. Gameplay still feels alot like halo even though they added sprint and changed the button layouts (which you can change it the way you prefer). Guns feel more powerful and sound very powerful, the graphics are probably the best ive seen on xbox so far. my least favorite favorite thing about the game is the soundtrack its good but it isnt the same without Marty O' Donnell. Multiplayer is fast and really hectic which is awesome! they switch it up this time by adding unlocks and ranking system. I can understand why 343 would add such things it gives the game a new flow. The matches are well balanced. im glad they bought the chief back. Expand
  73. Nov 6, 2012
    Quick Review: Graphics: 10/10 Absolutely gorgeous. Cut scenes are better than Wars. Story: 9.5 Greg Bear definitely had a large part in this. Gameplay: 9.5 Slightly repetitive but it kept me interested throughout. Multiplayer: 9.5 Very, very fun, much better than Reach. Dialogue: 10 Brilliant Writing. Soundtrack: 9.5 Average is above 9.5, so it rounds up to 10.
  74. Nov 6, 2012
    This game is nothing short but amazing. one of the best halo games, but still, not quite as amazing as the third one... but probably the second best evar
  75. Nov 6, 2012
    Halo 4 far surpassed my expectations, and can safety be considered the most advanced story line of any first person shooter. The depth and emotion put into Halo 4 is remarkable. It is a great evolution on an old console, and contains some of the best 360 graphics I have seen. I would recommend that the player reads the Halo Novels to bring the full beauty of the plot out in the open, butHalo 4 far surpassed my expectations, and can safety be considered the most advanced story line of any first person shooter. The depth and emotion put into Halo 4 is remarkable. It is a great evolution on an old console, and contains some of the best 360 graphics I have seen. I would recommend that the player reads the Halo Novels to bring the full beauty of the plot out in the open, but it is still a great story without. The mechanics are different, but still hold true to their roots. The running is very rugged at times, bring a real feel. All in all I would assume this to be the game of the year. 343 delivered an excellent story, and soundtrack. Expand
  76. Nov 6, 2012
    This game has nothing interesting. It's the same old song once more, the new aliens are anything but dramatic, the gameplay is exactly the same as in the old episodes. Moreover there will be no PC version, which, from Microsoft is a shame, really. I regret have bought it already.
  77. Nov 6, 2012
    Easily one of the best Halos made to date. While the controls and general game-play feel very much like the other installments, both the campaign and multiplayer aspects of Halo 4 take a gentle turn away from typified Halo styling. The single player story is more detailed and in-depth with a greater focus on immersion and making the player feel like the main character. The musical scoreEasily one of the best Halos made to date. While the controls and general game-play feel very much like the other installments, both the campaign and multiplayer aspects of Halo 4 take a gentle turn away from typified Halo styling. The single player story is more detailed and in-depth with a greater focus on immersion and making the player feel like the main character. The musical score is fantastic and the pacing of the story keeps the player engaged. The feel of the game, however, is slightly different from other Halos. The beautiful graphics definitely are the prettiest thing on the 360 to date although the forerunner terrain and characters definitely take a lot of inspiration from the Metroid franchise. The multiplayer spartan customization also heavily follows the CoD formula. But much more than other Halos, 343 placed a great emphasis on character development. Chief and Cortana (and their relationship) stays are the forefront of the story. But these are not necessarily bad things. All of those aspects come together to create the most unique halo experience since the original. Quite frankly, this game is a splendid example of the shooter genre. Will it match titles such as Half-Life and Bioshock in single player mode or originality? Probably not. But Halo 4 makes a great attempt and from all angles still delivers a top-notch game in a crowded field. Will this game be worth your money? Yes. Does it deserve all the hype? 343 definitely made a great attempt at doing so. Is it going to please all Halo fans? No, it does have it's own unique feel that will steer some fans away. Halo 4 borrows some art and multiplayer design from other games. In the end, however, the overall package is a great buy and definitely one of the best titles to come out this holiday season, is not this year. If Halo fans were waiting for a fresh start on the Halo universe, their day has come. Expand
  78. Nov 6, 2012
    I'm completely stunned that this game is getting suck poor user reviews. I just finished the campaign, and I looked back on my entire Halo experience, thinking about how lucky I have been to play this series. Halo 4 is amazing. The multiplayer is fun. you've got tons of Spartan Ops to look forward to, the graphics are stunning, the music is passionate, and the overall story is aI'm completely stunned that this game is getting suck poor user reviews. I just finished the campaign, and I looked back on my entire Halo experience, thinking about how lucky I have been to play this series. Halo 4 is amazing. The multiplayer is fun. you've got tons of Spartan Ops to look forward to, the graphics are stunning, the music is passionate, and the overall story is a heartbreaking tale of a man and his AI. 343, well done. Expand
  79. Nov 6, 2012
    FIRST off, you can obviously tell that jealous trolls who dont own an xbox have given intentional low scores to bring down the overall meta score. But for anyone truly interested in checking this game out,take it from me, ive been playing halo since it first came out (mainly a campaign player) and am glad to say this rocks. It is STILL a fps,so inspite of what the naysayers may complainFIRST off, you can obviously tell that jealous trolls who dont own an xbox have given intentional low scores to bring down the overall meta score. But for anyone truly interested in checking this game out,take it from me, ive been playing halo since it first came out (mainly a campaign player) and am glad to say this rocks. It is STILL a fps,so inspite of what the naysayers may complain about (not enough ironsights, same gameplay, etc) this is halo for the new generation. Yes, the campaign may be a tad on the short side, but not cod short if u know what i mean. If you are sick and tired off shooters then this game may not not change you, but to write this game off with 0's etc, maybe you guys are not enjoying games anymore and its time to find a new hobby. Expand
  80. Nov 6, 2012
    I was not fully convinced, perhaps an integration with kinect would have given the series that something new and appealing, perhaps influenced a little of the time it begins to be felt, however, remains a masterpiece.
  81. Nov 6, 2012
    You guys can rate this game as low as you want but you and your friends are going to be playing the **** out of it for a good year or two.

I've enjoyed all the other Halo games as well as a many others of the sci-fi genre and I do say that this game has done the genre great justice. Any sign of "sequelitis" is not portrayed nor even hinted. I just beat the campaign and was left with

I just beat the campaign and was left with an immense feeling of satisfaction (time to buy new pants) and wanting more at the same time. The ending is a perfect finalizing ending this could be the last Halo you played and you'd still feel the ending was good even though it's actually just an epilogue for the next game.

The emotional side is amazing. Lots of feeling shown from Cortana, Master Chief and Lasky. I've played lots of games and on a lot of platforms in my life since 1995. But I've never played such an emotionally grabbing campaign with such an immense story to tell.

I would not rate this game any less than 8 even if you paid me $2000.00 and I'm serious you can even put the cash in my hand and I'll throw it at you. When I signed into Xbox live all my friends were playing Halo 4. The game is good guys and 343i deserves all the praise you can give them.

I'm having a very hard time keeping this brief when there are so many pros and so little cons to the game but I must say; the bar has been set.
  82. Nov 6, 2012
    This game is fantastic. Please do not listen to the trolls giving it low scores, they come here every launch and downvote for the 'LULZ'. If you thought that Halo Reach was too slow you're gonna be so happy with this. Game plays faster than any previous halo - but not too fast - and strikes the balance between fun, quick gameplay and Call of Duty's "If someone saw you first you die, noThis game is fantastic. Please do not listen to the trolls giving it low scores, they come here every launch and downvote for the 'LULZ'. If you thought that Halo Reach was too slow you're gonna be so happy with this. Game plays faster than any previous halo - but not too fast - and strikes the balance between fun, quick gameplay and Call of Duty's "If someone saw you first you die, no matter how skillful you are" type stuff.

Multiplayer is fantastic.
  83. Nov 7, 2012
    This game is amazing. Simply amazing. A fantastic piece of art and something 343 should be proud of. We'll start with graphics. They are simply amazing. The most beautiful graphics on Xbox, maybe even on console. The single player has a very nice story. The story is detailed and complex. It is emotional at times especially for old fans. One common complaint is "the single player is tooThis game is amazing. Simply amazing. A fantastic piece of art and something 343 should be proud of. We'll start with graphics. They are simply amazing. The most beautiful graphics on Xbox, maybe even on console. The single player has a very nice story. The story is detailed and complex. It is emotional at times especially for old fans. One common complaint is "the single player is too short....". Well, it does only have eight missions, but they are relatively long. And remember Spartan Ops. That links with the main story and gives the campaign 5+ more hours. So when you include that, it's actually a long single player experience. Longer than a lot of other games. So what are the haters solidly complaining about? Nothing. The soundtrack. Marty is gone, Neil is in. I won't compare them out of respect, but don't worry, Neil does a great job. It feels like Halo music, yet it has a new something to it. It's wonderful and gets you into the game really well. Then there's the whole multiplayer aspect. I love to play Flood (Living Dead in Reach), and 343 have intensified that very well. It's creepy, and you get really into it. It's an amazing game mode. The other ones are great to b2b is still amazing and the maps are brilliant. The mantis works well, if not a little overpowered and the vehicles have been refurbished. Forge mode has a tonne of new features and it's now very easy to build structures. But then comes the most important question. Does it feel like Halo? The answer? An astounding yes. It goes right back to Halo 1 and in my books it's the best Halo yet. The mystery of it all is very similar to Halo's. The feel when you land on Requiem is very similar to the feel you got when you first landed on the first ring. Lot's of curiosity. Why are so many people hating? Call Of Duty. A lot of the negative reviews you'll see here are from COD fanboys who constantly harass Halo anything on the internet. It's amazing how drawn they are to Halo vids on youtube. I can guarantee that lot's of the people with voted negative have never played Halo 4 and never will. A lot of the rest have never played a Halo until this, meaning they have no emotional link with Chief and Cortana, which ruins the campaign for them. Bottom line is, get it if your a Halo fan. Just get it. It's worth it. If you haven't played Halo yet then I advise you play the others first to get the most out of it. Halo 1, 2 and 3 are all fantastic games. Buy them and buy Halo 4. You won't regret it. And for you saying there is not enough change - new guns, new class of guns, new vehicles, new characters, new enemies, new world, new graphics, new sprint button, new completely redone multiplayer, new armour abilities, new soundtrack, new Spartan customization options, new Spartan armour options, new game mode, new multiplayer playlists, new forge options, new ui, new HUD and goodness knows how many other new features I'm yet to discover. To say this is the same as Halo Reach is to say a chair is the same as a tree. Sure, the chair came from the tree and is made from the same material, but they are completely redone and remade into something better and more useful. COD hasn't changed in the slightest sense since MW1. This makes drastic changes. For the better. Expand
  84. Nov 6, 2012
    343 you blew it! Promises that aren' t kept. With the limited edition it is promised specialzations "available launch day." That is a lie and false advertising. 343 put a cap on daily XP, thus making it impossible to access your items "launch day." Really, an XP cap? The sound is broken, DMRs are overpowered and grenades are similar to throwing a ball full of confetti.
  85. Nov 6, 2012
    easily way better than halo reach. Id even put it up there with halo 3. outstanding graphics, new weapons and ordnance drops!! the gameplay is a lot more fast paced and the Battle rifle makes a return!
  86. Nov 6, 2012
    This is the greatest halo ever. I havent been this excited since halo 2. Graphics are hugely improved. Campaign is probally easily the best . Multiplayer is the heart and soul of halo and games like Cod, so how is it. Golden, even though im not a big fan with the armor abalities but i like the sprinting that makes it fast paced. There is no armor lock which everyone absolutelyThis is the greatest halo ever. I havent been this excited since halo 2. Graphics are hugely improved. Campaign is probally easily the best . Multiplayer is the heart and soul of halo and games like Cod, so how is it. Golden, even though im not a big fan with the armor abalities but i like the sprinting that makes it fast paced. There is no armor lock which everyone absolutely hated,including me. There so manny weapns then the usual couple. Also dont trust this bull crap zero rating reviews this game has only been out for a day and this idiots probally dont even have the game or even though anything. Dont trust the 4.9 user score. Its a bunch of no life idiots who dont even have this game. Anyway if you love halo defently get this if your not sure rent or something and try it out. 10/10 for halo lovers. 9.6/10 for newbies. Expand
  87. Nov 6, 2012
    The game is amazing! The best in the series. 343 Industries made all the right changes. There are a lot of COD players her that don't even have the game and are just bashing it.
  88. Nov 6, 2012
    This could be the triumph for the series, but 343 Industries lost the opportunity. The graphics were impressive at first, but showed to be weak with strange textures, bad draw distance and some bugs. They also destroyed the gameplay, and the only good thing about the game is the online. But even the online is not that awesome as some like to say. It was a complete waste of time.
  89. Nov 6, 2012
    If you played Halo Reach, you knew how the changes in the game hurt the overall prestige of the game. Bungie went out of the Halo 2/Halo 3 comfort zone and produced a game many people did not like including myself. Halo 4 has gone a direction that I like with the multiplayer not being like Reach, but feeling on par with Halo 2 to Halo 3 again. The AA are not overpowered and balance eachIf you played Halo Reach, you knew how the changes in the game hurt the overall prestige of the game. Bungie went out of the Halo 2/Halo 3 comfort zone and produced a game many people did not like including myself. Halo 4 has gone a direction that I like with the multiplayer not being like Reach, but feeling on par with Halo 2 to Halo 3 again. The AA are not overpowered and balance each other. The game is beautiful visually. The campaign is good, better than Reach's and I like the emotional story involved, though we all wish it was longer, Spartan Ops is the add-on extending the campaign experience. Seriously, people giving this game a 1 or a 2 are truly not playing Halo like they should. This game is a must buy for Halo fans and people who like Halo 2 and Halo 3. Expand
  90. Nov 9, 2012
    Why people giving this game a 0 or 1???? GTFO cod or ps3 fanboys, this game is the best. 343 industries has made a good job and expanded that great Halo universe.
  91. Nov 6, 2012
    Fantastic game. It's not Halo 2, but nothing will be! The second best of the series. Great job 343, I was not expecting it to be so balanced and action paced.
  92. Nov 6, 2012
    So disappointed. I've gotten used to higher quality, INNOVATIVE shooters. This might as well be Halo: run around; shoot; scavenge; do it again. Zero innovation. The AI is appaling. I can't count the number of times I've shot an enemy in the back without sneaking. Yes, the production values are high: great visuals and audio (possibly bar-setting). But, it fails on every other level.
  93. Nov 6, 2012
    All I have to say is that this game is amazing and it is alot better then I thought it would be. The campaign/story, graphics, sound FX, music and multiplayer are all great and well done. At first it took some time to get used to with the new story and all, but once you start playing through and actually focus more on the story instead of just playing through it, it is really deep. It alsoAll I have to say is that this game is amazing and it is alot better then I thought it would be. The campaign/story, graphics, sound FX, music and multiplayer are all great and well done. At first it took some time to get used to with the new story and all, but once you start playing through and actually focus more on the story instead of just playing through it, it is really deep. It also gets even deeper if you unlock the terminals for Halo waypoint. Multiplayer is blast! I loved Halo Reach but I was slightly disappointed in Halo Reaches multiplayer. Though Halo Reaches multiplayer was going the right direction, I just felt that it just didn't nail it. But IMHO, I believe Halo 4 nailed it, at least way closer the Halo Reach did. All I can say is, this game looks and feels like Halo. One last thing. Don't be discouraged about a lot of the negative ratings. Most of them are PS3 and COD fan boys who just want to see this game fail. Also a lot of them are just trolling just to get attention or they think its absolutely funny. How do I know, because I know a several of them lol! Expand
  94. Nov 6, 2012
    This game plays and looks fantastic. Im also suprised how well this game runs on the xbox 360 while still maintaining stunning visuals. The gameplay is great and story is also great. Cheif and cortana really have a more emotional connection in this game which really sucks you into the emotion and makes you care what happens

Halo never gets old. Never gets boring. Halo is the only FPS I

Halo never gets old. Never gets boring. Halo is the only FPS I still enjoy.
  95. Nov 6, 2012
    343 Industries have basically taken COD4 and put all the elements in Halo 4 that make multiplayer unbalanced and unfair. The introduction of perks and loadouts means that any online skill is practically thrown out the door because there will always be a higher level with a better suited weapon/perk. The pace at which you die is completely unsuited to Halo, where 3 headshots with an343 Industries have basically taken COD4 and put all the elements in Halo 4 that make multiplayer unbalanced and unfair. The introduction of perks and loadouts means that any online skill is practically thrown out the door because there will always be a higher level with a better suited weapon/perk. The pace at which you die is completely unsuited to Halo, where 3 headshots with an individual weapon means that once you're shot at first, there is no coming back. The storyline is similar to that of a dodgy Mass Effect 1 makeshift, introducing a main villain, also the story revolves around an AI that no one ever really cared about. On the other hand, the graphics have been improved, evident in the amazing backgrounds of the campaign. Also it must be said that the campaign itself, aside from the story, is actually pretty entertaining and easily up there with Halo 3. Expand
  96. Nov 6, 2012
    My son and I took the day off to play co-op through story like we have with every other Halo game. We loved every second of it. It's not only the most technically impressive Halo to date, it's also the most emotional. If you're a Halo fan, you will not be disappointed.
  97. Nov 6, 2012
    To put it simply, this game is a masterpiece. 343 industries did an amazing job in the four years it took them to create this game from scratch. I would recommend Halo 4 to anyone who loves a rich, immersive, emotional story accompanied with amazing, jaw-dropping visuals.. If you do not have an xbox, I would highly recommend you go out and buy one, for this game is a must own in my opinion.
  98. Nov 10, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I just finished the Campaign on Legendary. I thought it was fantastic, a truly great Halo game. However, there were things that I think could have been done better;
    1. No QTE's. That's it. Plain and simple. I would have rather the Didact died in a cutscene then a QTE.

2. Length. I think the Campaign would have benefited from having levels that were the same length, but about 12-15 instead of 8. Or simply have 8 levels, but make then longer.
    I think that the length of the campaign is also synonymous with story/plot. Don't get my wrong, I liked it very much and thought it was great, but lacking at some points. I believe if the campaign was longer, it would have allowed for a more intricate and better story/plot writing. BUT as I said, it was still solid.

3. There were a fair amount of vehicles, and they were good. But I think that there should have been a Hornet or Falcon. I freaking loved the Falcon in Reach, it would've been cool to see it come back. My top three MP improvements;
    1. KILLCAMS. They're stupid and completely unneeded.

2. More distinct armor. I don't mind the armor too much, some I like very much, but what I mean by this is armor that you can recognize from across the battlefield. I loved nailing that guy who has been pissing me off for half the match in Reach, and KNOWING it was him because of his armor. The armor in Halo 4 isn't terrible but a lot of it is very similar. I can only think of two things I don't like about the Halo 4 multiplayer. So there you have it. This is an outstanding game, and an even better Halo game. I have been playing for days, have started my second playthrough on Legendary and I'm loving every minute of it. 343i have put their heart and soul into this game, and it completely shows. All my criticisms are over shadowed by the everything else that is is so brilliantly done. P.S. for anyone reading this (hopefully a few of the sites Admins/Mods) I want to state my opinion on the "User Review" section. A lot of the user reviews, especially with this game are complete BS. They're full of CoD kiddies and PS3 fanboys who come here to give it a bad review, simply because it is Halo. One such guy giving it a 0/10 score and admitting that the game does NOT deserve a 0, but he gave it that score because he simply does not like Halo. Another such "reviewer" stating that he doesn't like the game because it doesn't have good graphics and isn't as good as Uncharted. I'm telling you now, the User Review feature on this sight is broken, corrupt and full of people who don't know how to write a review (I'm not saying I do) and people giving it a bad score simply because it is Halo.
  99. Nov 6, 2012
    This game was worth every penny. The greatest graphics i have seen, and a very fun campaign. My only complaint with the campaign was that the story was a little unclear, and it was sometimes not very apparent what the purpose of the current mission was. I think a lot of detailed content that was taken from books were over a lot of the players heads in game. The level design was very funThis game was worth every penny. The greatest graphics i have seen, and a very fun campaign. My only complaint with the campaign was that the story was a little unclear, and it was sometimes not very apparent what the purpose of the current mission was. I think a lot of detailed content that was taken from books were over a lot of the players heads in game. The level design was very fun and interesting, but it didnt have the EPIC feel that CE and 3 had. As for the multiplayer, I think they tried too much to take from COD. im sure 343 looked at the list of the biggest money makers and tried to move in that direction. Things that were unnecessary would be kill cams, gun camos and even maybe sprint. Im still on the fence. But, its not even 12 hours from the release.. so it is still too soon to really say. also, quickly, the stickies do basically nothing, are too small and never seem to hit the target. same for frags. and for the love of god, the SAW needs to be nerfed A$AP Expand
  100. Nov 6, 2012
    I don't understand why this game is getting bad reviews. Maybe they just all **** suck at this game. I'm playing this **** just fine I don't see anything wrong with it, besides the fact that I don't have my Mark VI armor yet even though I beat legendary solo campaign.

1. Dec 17, 2012