Halo 4 Xbox 360

7.0

1. Nov 27, 2012
    OK, to be honest I've never been a Halo fan. These titles are the most generic FPS you can play. However, for the MP value alone, they are worth it. Like COD, you can ALWAYS find a good MP scene online. You will ALWAYS find an arsenal of weapons and maps that will keep you addicted to your online gaming fix like nothing else. Outstanding online gameplay.
  2. Dec 1, 2012
    Combat - Cleanest and most balanced yet with countless ways to play effectively even online. Whatever gun loadout you choose and power up you can always be effective
    Story - Pulled me back into the Halo universe and gives you A LOT of information and story content in a short time period and if you don't know the lore and have not watched some of the content on Waypoint or the in game terminals than you might get lost pretty easily.
    Enemies - Unique combat in all game types makes it fun and on legendary forces you to be the perfect soldier
    Spartan Ops - Special mention because two reasons the first the cinematic is addicting I find myself anticipating it as much as I would my favourite TV series. However the missions can be generic.
    War games - Very well done good maps overall great new game types but I do miss big team objective.
    Forge - Very well done and can't wait to see what people can create!
  3. Dec 11, 2012
    I hate halo! but this one is a lot of fun for online play. I normally can't stand generic FPS shooters but let's be honest: where are you going to find the best online play? Halo pretty much...
  4. Apr 28, 2013
    I expected a lot more. You can't just shine a person that was so hyped with new guns and fancy armor and expect them to smile. The story of Halo 4 was a disappointment with the ending experience, I would of just skipped the campaign and wen't straight to multiplayer where the real fun begins. For a person who has played the other Halos, Halo 4s multiplayer doesn't feel like Halo anymore.I expected a lot more. You can't just shine a person that was so hyped with new guns and fancy armor and expect them to smile. The story of Halo 4 was a disappointment with the ending experience, I would of just skipped the campaign and wen't straight to multiplayer where the real fun begins. For a person who has played the other Halos, Halo 4s multiplayer doesn't feel like Halo anymore. It's not based on skill often, It's based on who gets the bigger weapon the fastest and kills the most people with it. Though some times multiplayer could be a blast in war games with exciting explosions and rapid fire fights, Mostly if you die, It's your fault. Spartan Ops feels like a filler and the moment I tried it it didn't receive to be much fun, I deleted it afterwards because you have to download it when it should be in the CD. I'm not sure about this one, i'm better off playing Halo 3 because FORGE was 10 times better. I can barely get any fun custom games with Halo 4 because the ability to make maps in FORGE can be more stressful than playing Dark Souls. Even though the chief is back. Is Halo Back? Expand
  5. Jun 18, 2013
    Halo 4 is living proof that the Halo series made so famous by Bungie is in good hands with 343. 343 also went on to prove that it's possible to change a game series for the better as opposed to Call of Duty and the Ezio story of Assassin's Creed.

6. Jun 21, 2013
    I can tell that most people who gave it a low score either haven't played or are PS3 fanboys. Halo 4 is a great game, probably my second favorite Halo. The story is really good this time around, as it is ending. Combat: Brilliant. Challenge: Sorta. Story: Amazing. Visuals: The best looking exclusive yet for any console yet. Multiplayer: Refined and polished down to every pixel. 9/10 forI can tell that most people who gave it a low score either haven't played or are PS3 fanboys. Halo 4 is a great game, probably my second favorite Halo. The story is really good this time around, as it is ending. Combat: Brilliant. Challenge: Sorta. Story: Amazing. Visuals: The best looking exclusive yet for any console yet. Multiplayer: Refined and polished down to every pixel. 9/10 for the challenge factor. Expand
  7. Jul 9, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I love the multiplayer, but i want more game modes to the multiplayer and custom game. The campaign is okay but it would be better if it were 1 more difficulty, like super-legendary so it could be harder to play the campaign, but all the other halos only have those other like halo 4 too. The maps is awesome, and the weapons are awesome... It's a nine from me! Awesome Game Expand
  8. May 5, 2014
    I love this game! This is by far the best Halo in the series!!! Multiplayer is well balanced and plays incredibly. I love the Halo story and this was a great part of it. The graphics were AMAZING for the 360!!!! and Spartan Ops is pretty cool too!
  9. Oct 28, 2015
    After Playing Halo 5 I figured I needed to review this game as the one thing 343 has actually done right. The game and conclusions are fitting with great story telling as well as great game play with traditional tech and new tech like mechs as well as Promethean. I thoroughly enjoyed the story as well as game play and the multiplayer was hands down some of the funnest game play I have hadAfter Playing Halo 5 I figured I needed to review this game as the one thing 343 has actually done right. The game and conclusions are fitting with great story telling as well as great game play with traditional tech and new tech like mechs as well as Promethean. I thoroughly enjoyed the story as well as game play and the multiplayer was hands down some of the funnest game play I have had in a while. Miss the mechs. Expand
  10. Nov 6, 2012
    Epic new story arc started... and wow to Cortana & MC's banter in this Halo.. the best yet.

Campaign was awesome, and haven't played much multiplayer yet, but from what I can tell, it's pretty bleeding good. My only complaint would be the matchmaking (no 'Best Connection' filter) but I like how there's more emphasis on skill matching anyway, all good!
  11. Nov 11, 2012
    This is the best game I've ever played on the XBox 360. It has an incredible story that all Halo veterans should experience from start to finish. It's dark, emotional, and beautiful. A true masterpiece in gaming. On top of this, Halo 4 is as complete a package as you can buy. Whether you are fighting through the forerunner planet in the campaign, working with friends through the co-opThis is the best game I've ever played on the XBox 360. It has an incredible story that all Halo veterans should experience from start to finish. It's dark, emotional, and beautiful. A true masterpiece in gaming. On top of this, Halo 4 is as complete a package as you can buy. Whether you are fighting through the forerunner planet in the campaign, working with friends through the co-op missions in Spartan Ops, or proving your worth in War Games (the halo Multiplayer suite), there is always something for you to do. Not to mention this easily has some of the best visuals I've seen on a console game. From incredible lighting to a completely re-vamped sound design, this game doesn't know the word "ugly". Go buy this game. If you don't have an Xbox, save up, and then buy it and this game. Now! That's an order soldier! Expand
  12. Nov 8, 2012
    The game is incredible in every way, has an impeccable soundtrack, spectacular graphics and an extremely addictive multiplayer.

Halo 4 can overcome even the supreme REACH HALF LIFE 2, for fans of HALO, is a must for game lovers of FPS, and still gets the crown along with the classics QUAKE, HALF LIFE 2 and DOOM.
  13. Nov 20, 2012
    HALO 4 has a great emotionally charged new campaign with one of the most popular heroes in gaming. I couldn't play the multiplayer mode because of the lack of hard drive space but the campaign is very solid, challenging, and never frustrating unlike black ops 2. Halo 4 gets a 10 just for the campaign alone. I just wish I could have played multiplayer. Halo 4 is my third favorite game thisHALO 4 has a great emotionally charged new campaign with one of the most popular heroes in gaming. I couldn't play the multiplayer mode because of the lack of hard drive space but the campaign is very solid, challenging, and never frustrating unlike black ops 2. Halo 4 gets a 10 just for the campaign alone. I just wish I could have played multiplayer. Halo 4 is my third favorite game this year behind Mass Effect 3 and Borderlands 2. Expand
  14. May 27, 2013
    I was fully satisfied when I finally played this Game. I'm not gonna lie, I was completely 'Halo-ed' out after Halo 3 and Reach and I was just losing interest in Halo, with plans to get a PS4!

Halo 4 is the game that not only regained my faith in the series, but also made choose to buy an XBOX One instead of a PS4. That's an accomplishment that 343 Industries should pat themselves on the back for. Looking forward to Halo 5!
  15. May 15, 2014
    9 or 10, out of 10. Nothing less. A must have in your game collection. One of the best franchise ever. A game made to be a remembered for sur. rased the bar for games to come.
  16. Nov 7, 2012
    Halo 4 is by all accounts an exceptional game. 343 Industries first internally developed Halo game impresses on pretty much every front. From high quality production values, to a buttery smooth framerate 99.999% of the time, to the best graphics the series has ever seen, to a more interesting story between Chief and Cortana, etc. Halo 4 is Halo at its best.

Firstly, Halo 4 plays like a

Firstly, Halo 4 plays like a dream. Similar to previous Halo's, gun combat is very satisfying, but now it's more visceral and impactful than ever before. If anyone says this is Call of Duty, that's hogwash. Other than the inclusion of sprinting, this very much feels like Halo, just improved and more polished than ever. The action is much more buttery smooth than Reach was, which makes playing a complete pleasure.

Secondly, the graphics are a massive upgrade from previous Halo's. Previous Halo's lacked quite a bit when it came to character models and animations, but Halo 4 has some of the best looking character models and animations in all of gaming. It's shocking just how much of a leap these two things are from the Halo's that came before it. Going from Halo 3 to Halo 4 shows almost a full generational leap in things like lighting, character models, and animations. In addition, Halo 4 runs in native 720p resolution, which is a first for the Halo franchise, as Halo 3, ODST, and Reach all ran at upscaled 720p. To get that full native 720p resolution, Halo 4 is locked at 30 frames-per-second, and it's a wise choice. Unlike Reach, which had a framerate that varied wildly at times, Halo 4 is pretty much consistent and performs beautifully, even when under pressure from a lot of on-screen action. 343 Industries should be commended for such a technological feat as their first project. It's very impressive.

Thirdly, the story's actually incredibly compelling. While some things aren't always crystal clear, it's mostly smooth and cohesive the majority of the time. The relationship between Master Chief and Cortana will hook you from the beginning of the game and until you reach the credits at the finale. Halo 4 is a tightly knit production that offers excellence in story, visual quality, and sound quality. It's truly a masterful game from a first time studio.

As someone who has enjoyed the other Halo games this generation, I didn't fall in love with them, so it's shocking to me that Halo 4 has hit the nail on the head in pretty much everything it set out to do. Halo 4 is the best Halo since Halo: Combat Evolved. 343 Industries has made their mark on the industry, so I truly can't wait to see what they do next.
  17. Nov 7, 2012
    The critics seemed to fall head over heels over this game; the fact of the matter is that it is a GOOD game, but not a GREAT one. I feel that it is a 'safe' sequel, one that doesn't deviate from anybody's expectations. Here lies the problem, FPS has evolved exponentially in the last couple of years. Sure, HALO 4 has the best graphics since UNCHARTED 3, but heck, it's no different fromThe critics seemed to fall head over heels over this game; the fact of the matter is that it is a GOOD game, but not a GREAT one. I feel that it is a 'safe' sequel, one that doesn't deviate from anybody's expectations. Here lies the problem, FPS has evolved exponentially in the last couple of years. Sure, HALO 4 has the best graphics since UNCHARTED 3, but heck, it's no different from COD with its scripted events, and fast paced gun play. If you want innovation, try DISHONORED instead. Still a good buy though; but don't expect anything more. Expand
  18. Nov 12, 2012
    Fantastic, absolutly fantastic. A little short or the campaign side but it ozzes so much replayility it makes up for it. The worse part of this game is that it makes the wait for Halo 5 that much harder.
  19. Nov 12, 2012
    This game is not bad at all. No it does not revolutionize gaming but for a 60 dollar price point you will not be disappointed. Graphics are one of the best on this aging console and the music and sound is spectacular. The campaign is a bit on the short side but the multiplater really shines and you will be playing it for hours on end especially if you have a good group of friends to play with.
  20. Jun 30, 2013
    Amazing game. In my opinion the best campaign since the original. Not much else to say other than if you're a FPS fan and own a 360 GET THIS GAME. It has a great compelling story, awesome skill based gameplay and what I can only describe as the best graphics of any console game I've seen yet..
  21. Nov 30, 2012
    All I can say about Halo 4 is that it is probably the best game I have ever played. The story is amazing, multiplayer is SEXY as hell and the Spartan Ops mode is juicy. I can never get enough of this game. If you are not a fan of Halo or have never played a Halo game, I don't care. Get this game. It's worth every penny. Hell its worth more than its retail price! 343i, thank you for thisAll I can say about Halo 4 is that it is probably the best game I have ever played. The story is amazing, multiplayer is SEXY as hell and the Spartan Ops mode is juicy. I can never get enough of this game. If you are not a fan of Halo or have never played a Halo game, I don't care. Get this game. It's worth every penny. Hell its worth more than its retail price! 343i, thank you for this wonderful game and I can't wait for the next installment! Expand
  22. Nov 17, 2012
    halo 4 is the best game ive seen until now, its got probably the best multiplayer in my opinion and its the funesthalo 4 is the best game ive seen until now, its got probably the best multiplayer in my opinion and its the funest game.!........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ Expand
  23. Oct 26, 2013
    This game is great, it has the right amount of change that makes the game outstanding! This is the best halo game, and easily has the best multiplayer mode of all time!
  24. Nov 6, 2012
    Halo 4 showed us that 343 Studios can handle the series but I don't think they quite get it yet. Being a long time fan of Halo I noticed how Halo 4 felt and looked far too different from the rest. This could be the fact that it's made by someone other then Bungie but I still can't shake it off. QTE's are thrown in to change the pace and some cutscenes don't do the game any justice, theyHalo 4 showed us that 343 Studios can handle the series but I don't think they quite get it yet. Being a long time fan of Halo I noticed how Halo 4 felt and looked far too different from the rest. This could be the fact that it's made by someone other then Bungie but I still can't shake it off. QTE's are thrown in to change the pace and some cutscenes don't do the game any justice, they make it seem like a cruddy movie with poor shots and scenes. An hour in the game you're repeating some of the same things you had done earlier so it becomes repetitive and slow. The story to Halo 4 was also a dramatic change in the series. It goes from a simple super solider fighting off aliens to then giving him emotions for an A.I. Nothing is wrong with this but it doesn't fit the title of Halo at all. Enemy designs also don't fit the series and look as if the game is taking a serious Japanese anime turn. I mean really, a ridiculous flying orbs with an alien inside who has telekinesis and giant robots now? Halo has come a long way and 343 did a good job with Halo 4 but they have yet to grasp the series is really about. It was nice that they added a neat touch up to the multiplayer by adding a story line to it. Expand
  25. Nov 8, 2012
    From the beginning of Halo 4's conception, 343 was trying to take the game in a new direction. They wanted to incorporate what they determined the fans wanted. They tweaked the style and added in a lot of lore from the series. It was inspired and very well advertised. Campaign : Overall, it was a lot of fun. Although, I found it a little easy at times even on legendary. The musicFrom the beginning of Halo 4's conception, 343 was trying to take the game in a new direction. They wanted to incorporate what they determined the fans wanted. They tweaked the style and added in a lot of lore from the series. It was inspired and very well advertised. Campaign : Overall, it was a lot of fun. Although, I found it a little easy at times even on legendary. The music composition was very well fitted to the environments within the campaign. The bits of story they planted into the game was nearly seamless. It was 8 missions long and each mission was adequately sized, but it didn't take us long to beat it. I really didn't expect some long, drawn out campaign with spartan ops making its debut.

Spartan Ops : It's a pretty decent campaign spin-off. The ability to pick load-outs and respawn definitely adds an arcade feel to it, and it is much less frustrating to die when you spawn with your favorite weapons and armor abilities. The individual chapters are pretty short; they are comparable to the division of the campaign levels. Each one takes about 12-20 minutes. It is nonstop shooting. Just the way we like it.

Multiplayer : The reason 90% of us play halo. It did not disappoint. It added a few abilities never seen in halo and eliminated a few of the unnecessary ones. The levels are well designed, beautiful and I enjoy the faster pace set by the lowered shields and shorter recharge delays. The ordinance drops could use some tweaking, but I heard rumors of specializations allowing you to focus them on the weapons/power ups of your choice. I have yet to see it though...
  26. Nov 12, 2012
    This review is a multiplayer only review.. I could care less about the campaign. I only play Halo games for the multiplayer and this is one of the best multiplayers I have played... I'm still trying to decide whether this game or Halo 3 is my favorite Halo multiplayer.. It's a tough decision.. but I'm definitely giving a 10 to make up for the COD trolls on here. This game is a greatThis review is a multiplayer only review.. I could care less about the campaign. I only play Halo games for the multiplayer and this is one of the best multiplayers I have played... I'm still trying to decide whether this game or Halo 3 is my favorite Halo multiplayer.. It's a tough decision.. but I'm definitely giving a 10 to make up for the COD trolls on here. This game is a great game.... get it if you like any Halo game ever.. and ignore the negative reviews from people wanting to one shot everybody in COD because they don't have enough skill to play Halo. Expand
  27. Nov 13, 2012
    Halo 4 itself has managed to give me many feelings towards 343i and the franchise they will continue to create. These feelings are excitement, blissfulness, tolerance, prejudice, rage, anger, hatred, and despair. YOU WILL LOVE THIS GAME BUT HATE IT AT THE SAME TIME! There are so many parts that I liked. Now the people below me are probably CoD **** stating that the game sucks so bad cuzHalo 4 itself has managed to give me many feelings towards 343i and the franchise they will continue to create. These feelings are excitement, blissfulness, tolerance, prejudice, rage, anger, hatred, and despair. YOU WILL LOVE THIS GAME BUT HATE IT AT THE SAME TIME! There are so many parts that I liked. Now the people below me are probably CoD **** stating that the game sucks so bad cuz there is no innovation, claiming that they copied from CoD when in reality the things they added came from a plethora of shooters. The game is innovative by adding in Spartan Ops and especially Spartan Ops. While I would like to strangle Spartan Jared Miller to death in the game, it allows me to have fun with my pals without having the ease of jet-packing around with rockets as how you would in Matchmaking firefight on Reach. Another innovative thing they added in was the Prometheans and the Forerunner weapons. Come on guys, they added a fifth faction into the game, the bad Forerunners.

So right about now you're thinking if I'm a noob or if I am biased. I am level 42 in the game so I've played a lot of Halo 4 since its release.

Forge is disappointing due to the removal of crouching in monitor (Really helps when not using Coordinates or Magnets) and the lack of terrain and space in the 3 maps. While that is disappointing, that doesn't mean that the innovative approach forgers have is obliterated. I've seen many good games that TheHaloForgeEpidemic has created. For example 5 levels.

Campaign is good for those who have read the books especially the Forerunner saga section. It will give you an inside look at people like the Didact, Master Builder, and the Librarian in the saga. So do the terminals in the game.

Many are saying that the DMR is OP but in reality it's that the other rifles are just underpowered in the game while the Boltshot pistol is in my opinion too powerful for a sidearm.

The Matchmaking are small but are lot's of fun. My favorite mode is Dominion while I hate Infinity slayer with a passion on BTB maps.

Overall this game should not be hated as much as the 474 people giving negative reviews are saying it should be. This game is a worthy successor to the franchise and 343i should continue their job tending to the franchise.

8.8/10 (Rounded to 9)
  28. Nov 15, 2012
    Amazing Game! Best story and game play ever in a Halo game and I've played them all. Graphics and sound are truly awesome. Simply put this is the best shooter I have ever played hands down. Weapons, vehicles, enemies everything just pops and handles wonderfully. Forget wanting to fight a modern war in a shooter, the futuristic feel is awesome! welcome back Master Chief.
  29. Nov 15, 2012
    When I first found out that Bungie was leaving my favorite franchise behind, I was a bit apprehensive. I've played every Halo game, and with the exception of Halo 2 I've loved them all. In the first weeks following the announcement of Halo 4, I scoured the Internet for concept art, gameplay, anything to give me insight as to what 343i was doing with my beloved Halo. I'm delighted to sayWhen I first found out that Bungie was leaving my favorite franchise behind, I was a bit apprehensive. I've played every Halo game, and with the exception of Halo 2 I've loved them all. In the first weeks following the announcement of Halo 4, I scoured the Internet for concept art, gameplay, anything to give me insight as to what 343i was doing with my beloved Halo. I'm delighted to say that the game is everything a true fan could have wanted out of a Halo game: the Chief is a badass, the bad guy is REALLY bad, and Cortana has her best performance to date. And that's in the first three levels. 343i absolutely nailed the facial animations, and the actors all do a spectacular job with their voice work. The regular Marines you fight alongside are as sarcastic and humorous as ever, and at no point in the campaign did any individual stand out to me as being annoying. On the multiplayer side, this is Halo perfection. Every map is distinct and beautiful, and they all play like a dream. Each weapon has its own unique strengths and weaknesses and no weapon completely outclasses another. The new Forerunner weapons, while different, are in no way overpowered; your BR skills from Halo 3 will still be serving you well. Your DMR skills from Halo: Reach will net you as many kills here as they did there. The addition to "Call-of-Duty-like" perks is surprisingly natural and is so well-balanced you'll probably only notice your own personal perks. At no point have I been killed and though "if only he wasn't using THAT perk". The in-game map editor, Forge, is in rare form in this game: it looks very similar to its Reach counterpart, but has been streamlined and altered to something much more usable and ergonomic. No longer will countless hours be spent mucking through coordinate sheets and menus, thanks to magnets and the duplicate option, respectively. If you liked Forge before, you'll love it now. If you hated it before, there's nothing new here.
    In all, Halo 4 is a triumphant achievement for a newly-formed company. In this case, they get the absolute highest praise: not only does this game not fall into the trap of simply reiterating the "Bungie-feel", they also don't alienate the things that make this franchise beautiful. 343 has succeeded in creating a game with an identity of its own, and that is the real wonder here. I would highly recommend this game to any video game player.
  30. Nov 15, 2012
    Well what can I say. Halo 4 has come along and absolutely blown me away. It's truly amazing. Graphically the best game I've seen on any console and emotionally gorgeous.. Touching
    . Sure people are trying to bring it,down all over the internet, but there are just as many if not more telling you how amazing it is. I've played every halo game since ce. and played halo 3 almost every day since ltd release in 2007. In my opinion halo reach was the worst. and halo 4 brings it back to the classic halo feel. Sound effects are beautiful. 20k games of halo 3 and I loved every one. Halo 4 is gonna be the same. Ignore the trolling critics on here as well! Halo 4 has best black ops 2. Sorry trolls. Even your trolling can't bring this game down. Haha cyan
  31. Dec 25, 2012
    My hats off to 343, they managed to craft a unique but classically feeling halo title. Though it is not perfect, as it has minor weapon balancing issues, as well as forge not having as many improvements as it should. It has become more modern and fast paced, but at the same time juxtaposes this with old school shooter mechanics and does this so extremely well that fears of it becoming justMy hats off to 343, they managed to craft a unique but classically feeling halo title. Though it is not perfect, as it has minor weapon balancing issues, as well as forge not having as many improvements as it should. It has become more modern and fast paced, but at the same time juxtaposes this with old school shooter mechanics and does this so extremely well that fears of it becoming just another shooter are completely extinguished upon becoming an experienced player. The campaign story is fantastic but quick time events take you out of the mood sometimes just for cool screen effect but it doesn't detract a single think from the gameplay itself or its incredible story that's told. Spartan ops is an intriguing new mode that packs a lot of fun in a 15 minute level but suffers from reused environments though this is said to less common in later episodes, which by the way are weekly dlc. This mode is good but has much potential to be better. The multiplayer is one of the best in the series, second only to halo 3. As said before, it is more modern as it has load outs and perks. The perks don't break the game in any way and in fact only seem to help you work your way around the map your currently playing on. Though games such as cod have perks, halo does it slightly different in that they are just for style, with a few exceptions, such as dexterity which speeds up reload speeds. The game has also added random ordinance drops, which is a new spin on the classic halo tradition of finding weapons on the map, also tied to this is the personal ordinance, which at first may seem like a cod rip off, think again because instead of getting a bomber to fly over and get kills for you, you get a choice between 3 random choices of weapons grenades and power ups, all you need is 4 kills, thats it its not really a streak. As a whole personal ordinance is a great new addition and is perfectly original. Once again halo 4 is a great game that has old school shooter roots mixed with modern mechanics in its multiplayer and has evolved much since reach, while staying true to its own style rather than becoming a cod clone. It's definitely a must by for halo fans. Oh and check out halo 4 forward unto dawn, which is a live action 5 parts web series about the beginning of the human covenant war within the halo universe Collapse

1. Hyper Magazine