6.9

1. Apr 2, 2013
    Halo 4 is a fantastic FPS. It is far better than Halo Reach and outclasses it in every way. The campaign is slightly better with awesome enemies and a good storyline. The online multiplayer is far better than Halo Reach with good maps and some from older games. However, it wasn't as good as the classic Halo 3. I still highly recommend, but I still don't feel it was as classic and simple as Halo 3.
  2. Apr 4, 2013
    If you're a Halo fan, this game will make a fine addition to your collection. Fantastic campaign, even better multiplayer, and Spartan Ops is a welcome co-op addition that adds another element to the story. For forge lovers, like myself, there are some things they left out that might disappoint you, but it's still solid, especially with the recent addition of "Forge Islands". Overall, theIf you're a Halo fan, this game will make a fine addition to your collection. Fantastic campaign, even better multiplayer, and Spartan Ops is a welcome co-op addition that adds another element to the story. For forge lovers, like myself, there are some things they left out that might disappoint you, but it's still solid, especially with the recent addition of "Forge Islands". Overall, the best arcade FPS game on the Xbox 360 right now. If you're a Halo fan, you will not regret purchasing this. Expand
  3. Apr 8, 2013
    I know this review is really late. I got Halo 4 on launch (Nov 6) but since I am new to Metacritic I am writing the review now because I recently just went through the game again. I have beaten the game on every difficulty level and can honestly say they ramp up the difficulty perfectly. The game is tough but fair. You need to be extremely tactical in Legendary mode. The Master Chief storyI know this review is really late. I got Halo 4 on launch (Nov 6) but since I am new to Metacritic I am writing the review now because I recently just went through the game again. I have beaten the game on every difficulty level and can honestly say they ramp up the difficulty perfectly. The game is tough but fair. You need to be extremely tactical in Legendary mode. The Master Chief story continues in Halo 4 and I have to say, I think it's the best yet. I have played through every Halo game but I think this one stands above the rest. 343 has done an excellent job taking over from Bungie which isn't an easy thing to do. The story is truly epic, and you get to see a different side to the Chief, his human side. It's nice to see under all that armour that there is a living, thinking person under there. He talks a lot in this game, I would say more than the 3 previous Halo games combined. In terms of multiplayer, again very well done. Combat and maps feel fresh. This is a must own game for any 360 user. Expand
  4. Apr 22, 2013
    Halo 4 is definately the best exclusive game on the xbox 360 and thats no easy feat. the single player campaign is pretty good, i dont hink as good as halo 2 or 3 but a good start to a new trillogy staring the one and only master chief. the graphics in the game are quite amazing with lighting that is the true showcase for the game. halo has finnaly come out on top with the graphics areHalo 4 is definately the best exclusive game on the xbox 360 and thats no easy feat. the single player campaign is pretty good, i dont hink as good as halo 2 or 3 but a good start to a new trillogy staring the one and only master chief. the graphics in the game are quite amazing with lighting that is the true showcase for the game. halo has finnaly come out on top with the graphics are concerned compaired to cod of battlefield. the controls have been tweeked yet again from halo reach where u can now run by default which is very nice and overall i think the contols are quite tight. they did replace the firefight game mode with a new mode called spartan ops which is a nice addition as it has a story in it that goes beyond the campaign as well as letting you use your own spartan. but what really shines is the multiplayer which as been the case for as long as halo has been around. the new perk and armor abilities really spice it up and make the game stand on its own as far as fps games go. the maps both on the cd and dlc are amazing as well with some sure classics in the group such as haven and complex. if you are a halo fan, fps fan, multiplayer fan, or just want a good game this is where it is at. i have over 5 days put into the multiplayer alone. dont think about it just buy it. nuff said. Expand
  5. Apr 24, 2013
    Game is amazing, was very skeptical. Campaign was consistent brilliance, and multiplayer is fantastic! I just wish the maps were more memorable. I give this a 10/10. A little bias but its because I love Halo
  6. Apr 25, 2013
    I am a very big halo fan and let me tell you this game has passed all my expectation the graphics for this game are beautiful The story is about 8 hours for the average player Some people are giving this game negative reviews maybe its because of the new intro of amour ability Don't allow other players thought about this game change your thought about this I gave this gamer a ten ofI am a very big halo fan and let me tell you this game has passed all my expectation the graphics for this game are beautiful The story is about 8 hours for the average player Some people are giving this game negative reviews maybe its because of the new intro of amour ability Don't allow other players thought about this game change your thought about this I gave this gamer a ten of ten for the soul reason the story blows my mind People can say no game is perfect but this game is worth every penny Its a must buy for me Expand
  7. Aug 17, 2013
    Un très bon jeu quoi qu'on en dise les développeurs ont vraiment bosser dessus et ça se sent
    après il y'a des défauts comme tous les jeu et des choses qui peuvent ne pas plaire aux fans de la licence comme moi mais on les oublis vite vu la qualité du jeu.
  8. Nov 30, 2013
    Definitely lives up to the standard of this franchise. The campaign is intriguing, interesting and engaging as ever; they even correctly referenced the ending of Halo 3 in the beginning of Halo 4. The plot is kind of slow in the beginning, but easily picks up in a little over half an hour, and new weapons and abilities are sprinkled throughout. The ending [NO spoiler] is very reminiscentDefinitely lives up to the standard of this franchise. The campaign is intriguing, interesting and engaging as ever; they even correctly referenced the ending of Halo 3 in the beginning of Halo 4. The plot is kind of slow in the beginning, but easily picks up in a little over half an hour, and new weapons and abilities are sprinkled throughout. The ending [NO spoiler] is very reminiscent of a Bioshock game, and sets the game up for an epic sequel.

The graphics are probably one of the best features of this game. Visually stunning, 343 has improved the game engine drastically, with better shadows, lighting, lens flares, anti-aliasing, textures, and many other great things. Whether you melee an enemy or fire a rocket at a moving car, you can feel the kick from the weapon and hear a satisfying crack as you break a hole in your enemy's skull, all without audio spam.

The soundtrack is superb, as should be expected for a Halo game. In order to fully understand why, you have to listen to it yourself. Epic, expanding, and fitting for the mood of Halo, you won't be disappointed by the audio in this game.

Finally, the multiplayer has been improved and refined in many ways. While the maps may be a little lackluster, weapon loadouts and 343's own take on perks will keep the game fresh and exhilarating, and an HD remake of the classic Halo 3 map Valhalla will trigger your nostalgia.

Overall, a visually well-crafted game with few cons and many pros that will leave you satisfied with the series, game, and what is to come.
  9. Dec 6, 2013
    It's an Amazing game! Definitely worth a 10! It's campaign, like all Halo games is amazing with the best graphics you can get on the Xbox 360. If you're done with the campaign there's a healthy and fun multiplayer which you can play for a longer time than COD. Trust m,e the multiplayer beats that of COD.
  10. Dec 7, 2013
    A terrific game, 343 did a really good job with the storyline and enemy/weapon design. Although it would've been nice if there where more levels. The ending left me wanting more, and after seeing what 343 could do I have high hopes for Halo5
  11. Jan 3, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. As a recent Halo fan (having been introduced to the series last September with Halo CEA), I have loved the series for being the first FPS I truly respect. So, when I saw that there were even MORE Halo games, I immediately ordered all. I was expecting to enjoy 3 the most after all, I heard from a lot of forums that Halo 3 was the best game in the series, that it is unsurpassed, and that Halo 4 is way worse than that.

Is it me or did they wear nostalgia glasses? Halo 3 bored me.

From the beginning, I was bored. In the middle, I was bored. Near the end, they even screwed it up and turned the game from an epic defense of the Earth to a trip to the Ark. They should have closed the Earth storyline and focused on the ark here, because story progression was bad. No offense Bungie but I'm disappointed. If anything the best Bungie game in the series was Halo Reach, which was NEAR PERFECT, so I didn't get why people dissed it.

What they dissed even more was Halo 4. They say all sorts of things it sucks, it's CoD with a Halo paintjob, it has the worst campaign, they totally ruined multiplayer, and 3 looks better than 4 (no kidding, I saw this in the forums). However, reading critic reviews I expected much from it.

So I booted it up... and played... and didn't stop because I couldn't stop.

It was amazing. The visuals are among the best I've seen it can't beat Crysis on a technical level but I prefer Halo 4 in art style and lighting. I particularly liked how the environments have massive detail and feel open, unlike the closed style of many earlier games (even the amazing Halo CE had some disappointing corridor shooting scenes). The AI was great, and the Prometheans (new enemies) got you on your toes. The soundtrack was amazing, I actually prefer its emotional and atmospheric style to the Halo CE soundtrack (which was amazing but set some battles in elevator music). Multiplayer was good it's not perfect (personal loadouts are a bad thing), but it's fun

But what really wowed me was the story. I liked the progression. Maybe it's because I'm familiar with Halo, but I didn't find it convulted. In fact, it progressed beautifully, with all the plot twists being carefully placed. The only other games I know that match it are Halo CE and Halo Reach. The main story is that Master Chief and Cortana on a torn spaceship Forward Unto Dawn stumbled upon a Forerunner planet named Reqiuem, home to a race of Forerunner warriors who simply fight all that intrude the planet...

...until the awakening of the Didact, the ruler of the Forerunner warrior caste, who commands his Promethean army against Humanity. Though at first Master Chief seems to succeed, things turn bad when the Didact was able to retrieve the Composer, a Forerunner device used to turn sentient beings from organic flesh to digital data. At first the device was used to convert beings to AI, saving them from the Flood (an infection that brainwashes, mutates and commands life it eats), but when turned back to organic the people would be horrifying abominations. The Didact still believed in its use, unlike the Librarian who decided to support the Halo Array and start the galaxy from scratch.

The Composer, retrieved by the Ivanoff Research Station orbiting Halo Installation 03, was snatched from the station by the Didact, and despite the Chief's struggle to save the scientists, the Composer was activated and obliterated all humans the weapon was aimed at. Luckily, the Chief's augmentations from the Spartan-II program and the genetic evolution acceleration received from the Librarian helped him survive the blast, but he was blacked out. As he wakes up, he discovers that the Didact was moving the Composer to Earth, about to obliterate humanity. When the Chief gets there, he was able to stop some systems, but too late the Composer was activated and aimed at the city of New Phoenix, its citizens all obliterated by the weapon. To stop the Composer from disintegrating the rest of humanity, he primes a nuke into the Composer, to sacrifice himself...

What happens next I shall not spoil for maximum impact.

However, what truly amazes me is the relationship of John-117 (Master Chief) and Cortana. Not love, but their dependence on each other and how they reach a goal. In the story, Cortana falls into rampancy she exceeded her operational capacity and age, and is breaking down due to malfunctions. As the Chief struggles to get her back to Earth to allow her creator (Dr. Halsey) to find a solution, they discover what it means to be human, and what it means to be a machine. Cortana truly wanted to be human but being artificial intelligence, there really was a barrier. The Chief is human, but is like a machine fulfilling all duties. Who is human, and who is machine, then?

It is this existential pondering that truly makes Halo 4 beautiful. It's not perfect, but it doesn't deserve a 9. It's not flawless, but it proved 343 is worthy.

Screw the forums.
  12. Jan 11, 2014
    One word Amazing. halo 4 took the Halo series into a new direction but still felt like halo. multiplayer was fantastic and I have to admit for the campaign, its almost better than halo 3s. got to say second best halo game and I cant wait till halo 5.
  13. Jan 13, 2014
    Greatest Halo game!
    High quality feeling and audio, at 1080p it's graphics rival those of next gen!
    Though I miss the original Halo music, the new music is memorable and emotional..
  14. Jan 20, 2014
    Love halo. Great graphics, great gameplay, great upgrades. Multiplayer fell for me though, the ranking systems has no penalization if u lose, you dont know how high a players real ranking is, its more about how many games u play rather than wins/losses or kills/deaths. This caused multiplayer to be less serious, no one cared who won/lost, and no one talked because teamwork is onlyLove halo. Great graphics, great gameplay, great upgrades. Multiplayer fell for me though, the ranking systems has no penalization if u lose, you dont know how high a players real ranking is, its more about how many games u play rather than wins/losses or kills/deaths. This caused multiplayer to be less serious, no one cared who won/lost, and no one talked because teamwork is only important if you need to win. Expand
  15. Jan 27, 2014
    Es simplemente increíble desde el primer momento que comienza hasta es ultimo segundo de la campaña, no hay absolutamente nada que discutir. pasamos de una historia limitada a tocar incluso entrar en el universo tan complejo de halo, gráficos excelentes, la historia es por mas que interesante y nos conecta emocionalmente con Master Chief y Cortana, el multijugador es para admirar superaEs simplemente increíble desde el primer momento que comienza hasta es ultimo segundo de la campaña, no hay absolutamente nada que discutir. pasamos de una historia limitada a tocar incluso entrar en el universo tan complejo de halo, gráficos excelentes, la historia es por mas que interesante y nos conecta emocionalmente con Master Chief y Cortana, el multijugador es para admirar supera lo imaginable con innumerables formas de juego, armas y vehiculos, cambiaron totalmente la forma de ver los juegos, las habilidades y capacidad mental, sin mencionar que tiene una de las mejores bandas sonoras que puede haber en la historia de los videojuegos, sin duda es el mejor Halo, y el regreso mas épico para Master Chief. Expand
  16. Jun 16, 2014
    A great game, which is a sign that 343 will bring us more great games in the future. When i first played the game, and saw the new loadout system, I initially assumed that this game was copying CoD (in a "bad for Halo" context), however I soon found out i was wrong. While it may be drawing some inspiration from CoD games, I can assure you that Halo 4's loadout system couldn't be moreA great game, which is a sign that 343 will bring us more great games in the future. When i first played the game, and saw the new loadout system, I initially assumed that this game was copying CoD (in a "bad for Halo" context), however I soon found out i was wrong. While it may be drawing some inspiration from CoD games, I can assure you that Halo 4's loadout system couldn't be more different from CoD's. One common complaint i've seen about Halo 4 is that the Story wasn't all that great, I, However, respectfully disagree. Sure, it may seem to be shallow, but you to remember that Halo 4 is part of a TRILOGY and thus it's story would ONLY account for 1/3 of the forerunner trilogy's story, and thus would not be very deep. The story will truly shine when combined with the other 2/3's of the forerunner trilogy's story.

As for the game-play, Halo has never been better. Halo 4 has a nice campaign and a great multiplayer that completely outclasses reach's. Not only that but i CANNOT be the only one who is GLAD 343 did NOT use that stupid credits system, which is one of the reasons Halo 4 has the best character customization in the series. Armor is no longer unlocked by purchase, but by EXP level ALONE. Not only that but the Level system is easy to get acquainted with and easy to understand. There a total of 8 Specializations, each spans only ten levels. The large variety of armor gives player almost endless possibilities.
  17. Mar 17, 2014
    With astounding graphics, immersive campaign, addicting multiplayer, and a surprisingly fun spartan ops mode, halo 4 is a fantastic entry to the halo franchise, and arguably one of the best halo games ever.
  18. Feb 26, 2014
    343 Industries were given the privilege to continue Bungie's hit series Halo right from where they left off of. The hype and expectations for the next edition to the saga were extremely high so there was little room for error.
    And little error there was...
    And little error there was...

The game opens with an extremely well crafted cut scene. It felt like I was watching a film and at some scenes it was hard to tell whether the characters were programed or living actors. Unlike games like Sonic 06 the rest of the game looks great too. We are not just greeted by something beautiful, the visuals last and last in true cinematic fashion.

Along with the graphics the environment and world design is artistic.There is a sense of atmosphere you get while playing Halo 4. There is just the right balance between futuristic areas and natural which makes you remember that Halo takes place in the future of this universe and not in some completely new and unrecognizable universe, since there is so much relatable to Earth and our knowledge on other planets.

The visuals and world design are complemented by the audio. From the Dramatic theme to the weapon sound effects this game sounds great. Great isn't one of my best words to describe something either. While Halo 4's audio is up there with some of my other top sounding games, it certainly can match with some of the Masterpieces like Half-Life 2, Legend of Zelda: Majora's mask and even Halo Combat Evolved for the original Xbox and PC. This is only a small fraction of the reason why I didn't give it a 10 out of 10.

Most people complain that the gameplay in the Halo series is very repetitive and get generic as the series progresses. Having played through almost all of the Halo series I haven't really felt that there is any major repetivity. The concept has been the same throughout the series and there haven't been any minor evolutions in Gameplay but the game still feel fresh. 343 managed to keep the game new without ruining any game mechanics. It is mainly to do with the Level Design and World Design which I have already praised. There is a distinct feel to each halo game and in Halo 4 the levels are generally spread out and full of places to explore once you get past the open stage. While most area's are new and done in 343's unique styles in environment there are still one or two areas that I can relate to previous Halo titles.

Halo 4's story is also a big role in creating this almost perfect masterpiece. It is a shame that most games these days, particularly FPS's, don't have stories you can get into. Most are multiplayer based and the focus on the actual game appears minimal. Halo 4 is one of the very few games that I can get into story wise. I didn't play the campaign just to get the achievements, I played it because it is good!

The true reason for me to drop a mark is because of a certain enemy. That being the Knights. While I am a person who likes difficult games like CastleVania, Megaman that the more recent Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures but while playing in Heroic or Legendary the Knights are very cheap. In the games I just mentioned you are only to blame when messing up. The other enemies are like that in Halo as well and clearing a room of elites in legendary is very rewarding.
    The Knights are very over powered and they will only stress the player out. to my knowledge they have the same health and strength as the Elites yet they come with the assistance of bots that'll heal them besides they can heal themselves just like you and Elites can. Instead of running away from you they can teleport and by the time you find them they have or are beginning to recharge. This really becomes when there are more than one Knight around. I remember being stuck for a long time on this certain part of the third mission of the game. I have to say that part and other Knight encounters are rated high up in some of the hardest parts across the whole series and unfortunately the difficult was cheap and you never felt that it was your fault and you resort to blaming the game.

The Knight is the concept to make me frown while playing this game. There are some other minor floors including some glitches but most of them have patched the only other flaw worth mentioning is the OP Mantis' but they don't bother me much at all. This leaves me to only drop one mark from perfection. 343 did an great job continuing the series. Though it may not be as good as Combat Evolved and Halo 2 I highly recommend this and I am eager to play Halo 5 when it is released.
  19. Mar 10, 2014
    This was one of the best first person shooters that I have ever played, this was the first halo game I ever played and I'm glad that I got into the series. The campaign was incredible I loved the story and the multiplayer is just plain awesome even though the ps4 and xbox one came out me and my friends can play this game anytime if you haven't played this game you must play it immediately!
  20. Feb 16, 2015
    The most under-appreciated game in the franchise.....why??????

Pros: Halo 4 is without a doubt the best looking game on the Xbox 360. The lighting is beautiful, the art direction is astounding and the tone created by the graphics perfectly matches the setting, single or multiplayer. In the campaign, the cutscenes are absolutely mind blowing to watch, as the motion capture and
    The most under-appreciated game in the franchise.....why??????

Pros:
    Halo 4 is without a doubt the best looking game on the Xbox 360. The lighting is beautiful, the art direction is astounding and the tone created by the graphics perfectly matches the setting, single or multiplayer. In the campaign, the cutscenes are absolutely mind blowing to watch, as the motion capture and animations are spot on.
    The campaign is without a doubt the best in the series. There is a strong bond between Chief and Cortana that you don't see as clearly in the previous games. After playing (most of) Halo: CE and Halo 3 (Not Halo 2 as I do not have an original Xbox or Xbox One), I was slightly underwhelmed by the campaign modes as they just consisted of general gameplay and didn't expand the story. I felt like 343 industries got it right with Halo 4.
    The sound design is awesome. I complimented CE Anniversary for having excellent sound design and it is just as good here. The weapons sound killer and the soundtrack is to die for.
    Multiplayer has always been good in the Halo series, and like most things in Halo 4, the multiplayer is a huge evolution. While retaining classic game modes such as slayer, the multiplayer is expanded on with improved features. It is closer to Call of Duty rather than Halo, but it is still a lot of fun.
    There is a new mode called "Spartan Ops", which is an episodic co-operative or solo mode in which you take on 5 relatively short missions for each episodes which take place after the main campaign and while they are short, there are 10 episodes (5 + 5 as a free DLC pack).

Overall, I think this is the strongest Halo game in the series and is truly underrated by fans. A stunning masterpiece.

21. Oct 17, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Well, I honestly can't say too much about the multiplayer. Not that I haven't played it, more that I don't find anything about it too different that makes it standout from the past two halo games. Multi-player doesn't feel exactly the same as say reach, but the differences are only subtle. Visually, the game is fantastic. Both in-game and cutscene wise, probably among if not the best the xbox 360 has to offer. The campaign was also very good. Some of the level designs themselves felt repetitive, but the narrative and overall story was great. My favorite Halo campaign since the original. The highlight of it had to be the relationship between Cortana and Master Chief. If there's one thing 343 Industries did right that Bungie did wrong in, was show Master Chief's persona. While still not showing much emotional depth yet as other video game characters to date, certainly made him act much more human than when Bungie was in charge (who used that BS idea of,
    "a silent protagonist allows the player to assume the role of-" blah blah, no it makes it boring and makes the story dull). Having the Chief talk during gameplay definitely made me feel more connected to the narrative than any of Bungie Halo games.
  22. Mar 18, 2015
    Halo 4 is an absolute glorious addition to the franchise. The main reason a lot of people get Halo is for the online. The multiplayer mode is excellent that has the combat more fast paced and exhilarating than previous Halo's. I just can't put my finger on it, but the game just feels a little Call of Duty-esque, just very little, but it is a true Halo game. One nice addition to multiplayerHalo 4 is an absolute glorious addition to the franchise. The main reason a lot of people get Halo is for the online. The multiplayer mode is excellent that has the combat more fast paced and exhilarating than previous Halo's. I just can't put my finger on it, but the game just feels a little Call of Duty-esque, just very little, but it is a true Halo game. One nice addition to multiplayer is the ability to make custom classes with different abilities and weapons with many possibilities. I also love that you can customize how your character looks in multiplayer, so each player will look unique. The game not only plays great, but looks and sounds fantastic. For 2012, the graphics are absolutely incredible with dynamic lighting, textures, and has a nice glossy look. The game score is composed by a different composer from previous Halo's, and the style of the music is definitely different. Past Halo's were very prominent with heavy percussion and simple orchestrations and synthesizers here and there. On the score, the music sounds a lot more in your face with lots of orchestrations and can sometimes feel a little over the top and overproduced but all in all, it's a very good score. Now to the campaign. The campaign adds new enemies, the Forerunners, which gives you a breathe of fresh air from always combating the Covenant. Each missions is awesome to play and fairly lengthy. The story really shines with the Master Chief and Cortana. I won't give to much away, but the developers really expanded with their connection and have a lot more personal dialogue between the two. Their chemistry in this game is superb and beautiful, and I've never seen any other two characters in video games or movies that has even come close to matching. You know a game is amazing when the story makes you cry, especially when it's the only game to make you do that. I won't spoil anything, but the game ending is so heartfelt and cordial that left me in tears and may leave you in tears. Halo 4 is a game that everybody should play. Expand
  23. Sep 12, 2014
    This game is really well put-together, with a great story continuing from the previous games and great multi-player to wo with as well. The only reason people would down vote this game is they have their nose up Bungie's rear. I hope that 343 Industries will continue to take Halo to new heights and all of Bungie's future endeavors will fail time and time again. But enough of that, thisThis game is really well put-together, with a great story continuing from the previous games and great multi-player to wo with as well. The only reason people would down vote this game is they have their nose up Bungie's rear. I hope that 343 Industries will continue to take Halo to new heights and all of Bungie's future endeavors will fail time and time again. But enough of that, this is a great game for new players and old veterans of the Halo series like myself. Expand
  24. Nov 8, 2014
    The multiplayer is fine and that is all i could ask for but the campaign is breath taking the best game i have ever played. The emotion of the game is outstanding. how anyone could dislike this game even in the slightest is unfathomable.
  25. Oct 29, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Nearing its 13th year anniversary, the “Halo” series, created by Bungie and now lead by 343 Industries, has become one of the most popular video games in the video game market today, and of its 13 year lifespan. Halo has become a staple or a “must have” for anyone who has an Xbox system. In 2012, 343 Industries released the latest installment of the series called “Halo 4”. What made this release so big is that it was the first time that the new company, 343 Industries, had created a Halo game that would continue the story from the questionable ending of Halo 3. At the end of Halo 3, Bungie left us wondering what will be of the majestic Master Chief as he falls into cyrosleep in the empty ‘Forward Unto Dawn’ slowly going into unaccounted space travel. Halo 4 brought much excitement to Halo fans around the world because the 5 year long wait was finally over, and the story of Master Chief could once again continue in a new trilogy. Many have called Halo 4 the best game yet, but what does it take for a game to be qualified as, “one of the best of all time?” The answer is, it would have to have amazing high-definition graphics and original designs, fast-paced multiplayer gameplay, and a unique story that would emotionally tie players into the game. In Halo 4, 343 Industries really outdid themselves in making this game “one of the best of all time” in all categories.
    To begin with, good graphics and original designs are important in making a great quality game because it makes the game worth looking at, and gives you a special feel that you wouldn’t feel from another game. Halo 4’s graphics and original designs keep you wanting to see more of what 343 Industries has in store for you. As stated from an IGN review, “Of course, gorgeous graphics are only one responsibility a console’s killer app must bear. Perhaps equal to Halo 4’s monitor-melting visuals is its bar-none, best-in-class sound design. If you think you’ve heard Halo, check your ears and listen again”. With new technology advancements in CG graphics, the characters, the environments, and even Master Chief look almost realistic. It is as if someone actually recorded this game in real life. The Forerunner structures in Halo 4’s campaign definitely give you this feeling because the designs are literally “out of this world”. The creation of the Forerunner designs are simply beautiful and makes the Forerunners seem “fancy” and the “high classed”. To tie everything together, the graphics and designs simply makes this game just amazing.
    In addition, fast-paced action gameplay is an important quality of making a great game, because it keeps you wanting more from the gameplay. This quality will most likely not make your game end up in your dusty CD pile. Halo 4’s multiplayer gameplay will keep you on the edge of your seat for hours. The fast-paced multiplayer action of killing opposing Spartans in the midst of explosions and bullets coming from every angle just makes the hair on the back of your neck stand on end. Even the disappointment you feel after losing your killing spree fuels you to play even harder to get the highest score in the match. The multiplayer matchmaking will keep you playing this game for the next few years, or at least until Halo 5 comes out in 2015.
    Lastly, a good story is important to making a great game because it keeps us emotionally tied into the game, its plot, and the characters. As quoted from Destructoid, a video game review website, “343 Industries have done a remarkable job at continuing the Halo legacy. They've gone all out, creating a fantastic sequel that brought forth a major focus on storytelling while upping the visual and audio direction to a level that will be tough for anyone to rival with these few remaining years of the current console generation”. Halo 4 is the fifth intake in the Halo story line. What makes this story different from the other prequels is that it puts more emphasize on Master Chief’s emotional being. The game starts off with Dr. Halsey being interrogated by a UNSC officer on the issue of destroying her Spartans, including Master Chief, mentally and emotionally through her Spartans illegal childhood military training. Because of this, Master Chief acts as a machine to the UNSC. Nearing the end of the story, Cortana asks Master Chief, "...before this is all over, promise me you'll figure out which one of us is the machine." This imposes that Cortana wants Master Chief to realize that he is not a machine, but is human like everyone else. This aspect of Master Chief’s story makes it different from previous installments, but makes it amazing to play through.
    In conclusion, Halo 4 is a fantastic game, which will keep you guessing what might happen next. Halo 4’s amazing high-definition graphics and original designs, fast-paced multiplayer gameplay, and unique story makes Halo 4 qualified to be “one of the best of all time”. I would definitely recommend this game to anyone who wants to see the full
  26. Dec 28, 2014
    I've been a devoted fan of the Halo franchise ever since I was 9 years old. But the moment I heard that Halo 4 was in the hands of a new development team, you can be sure that I was worried about them ruining it. But guess what? Halo 4 is absolutely gorgeous in every conceivable way. An emotional story, beautiful soundtrack, fascinating sound design, and graphics that rivals even some ofI've been a devoted fan of the Halo franchise ever since I was 9 years old. But the moment I heard that Halo 4 was in the hands of a new development team, you can be sure that I was worried about them ruining it. But guess what? Halo 4 is absolutely gorgeous in every conceivable way. An emotional story, beautiful soundtrack, fascinating sound design, and graphics that rivals even some of today's next-gen titles are what this game delivers. Many people do not like the changes introduced in this game, and I admit I pity those poor souls who cannot appreciate change. Halo 4 is a masterpiece. This is a must-play for any Xbox 360 owner. Expand
  27. Dec 22, 2014
    A fresh and fun addition to the Halo franchise we all love while staying true to its predecessors. Halo 4 stylishly integrates new concepts with the old butt-kicking mechanics we enjoyed.
  28. Feb 22, 2015
    The game is absolutely outstanding!!!! Visually maybe the best game in consoles. High quality sounds, it feels like you are in the real battlefield, excellent gameplay, jawdropping lightning effects, unbelievable music, awesome story. What else do you need? Congrats to 343!!!!
  29. Apr 14, 2015
    i did expect more but it was well delivered, with an awesome campaign and fun muiltiplayer, but they took out some things that i wish where in it like some unsc air vehicles, BUT YOU GET TO DRIVE A PELICAN which is really cool making fans happy

1. Dec 17, 2012