Halo 4 Xbox 360

7.0

1. May 27, 2014
    This game has the only thing that really matters which is that is a fun game to play, if having fun isn't enoughfor you ton like something then cconsider the following.
    Graphics: 10/10
    Good cut scenes, a beautiful environment. Story: 7.5 The story was good but still felt like something 343 put out solely to make more money Gameplay: 10 I already said I think its fun Plus like most
    Graphics: 10/10
    Good cut scenes, a beautiful environment.
    Story: 7.5
    Gameplay: 10
    I already said I think its fun

Plus like most previous games the soundtrack was awesome to listen to, enough so that I bought it on CD
  2. May 29, 2014
    I feel Halo 4 is like a breath of fresh air to the Halo series. I've been around since the beginning of the Halo franchise. So I know what I'm talking about. The story mode wasn't the best for a Halo game, however the multiplayer feels so much better compared to previous Halo games, there's barely any campers, the specializations are really awesome. The only downside is the ordinanceI feel Halo 4 is like a breath of fresh air to the Halo series. I've been around since the beginning of the Halo franchise. So I know what I'm talking about. The story mode wasn't the best for a Halo game, however the multiplayer feels so much better compared to previous Halo games, there's barely any campers, the specializations are really awesome. The only downside is the ordinance drops, but I admit I kinda like it cause I'm the killer, not the victim. So I get ordinance quite a bit. I didn't like the fact how whoever has the rocket launcher wins the game in previous halo titles In halo 4 YOU ARE THE WEAPON. I just wish they had elites, invasion mode, firefight, and better armor customization. I don't want a paint job, I WANT A ROBOT ARM!!! Expand
  3. Sep 10, 2014
    I certainly enjoyed the game overall but not as much as i would of liked, great story as per usual and graphics were fantastic. just lacked that special feel of previous games such as Halo 2 and Combat evolved. 8/10
  4. Jul 14, 2014
    This is the best halo game out there right now. Halo 2 was the best back then, Halo 4 is the best of this generation. It features war games, improved graphics, new gametypes such as flood. The first half of the campaign kept me interested but right around the second half I got bored immediately. What I really care about in this game is the multiplayer. Multiplayer is key to Halo right now.This is the best halo game out there right now. Halo 2 was the best back then, Halo 4 is the best of this generation. It features war games, improved graphics, new gametypes such as flood. The first half of the campaign kept me interested but right around the second half I got bored immediately. What I really care about in this game is the multiplayer. Multiplayer is key to Halo right now. Forge is more improved now to the point where I don't think it could go any farther now. The things I hate are how overpowered the grenades are, the loading screens, bugs from campaign and mutliplayer and the loading time to switch from forging or fighting. Expand
  5. Jan 23, 2015
    In my opinion, this is the best Halo game out of Halo 1,2, and 3. It has a strong story, very good voice acting, and spectacular graphics. The ending of the campaign will hit you hard, I guarantee it. The only thing this game lacks is the firefight mode, which is a really fun aspect of a Halo game. 9/10 (Awesome)
  6. Feb 6, 2015
    this game had a great campaign, a good mulitiplayer, and amazing graphics. i don't know why people are saying the multiplayer is uneven and bad. MOST maps, AND I MEAN MOST MAPS are symmetrical. there are a few that are not, like abandon. but most of the other maps are symmetric, like haven. also if you don't play infinity slayer, then there are no ordnance drops form players. thethis game had a great campaign, a good mulitiplayer, and amazing graphics. i don't know why people are saying the multiplayer is uneven and bad. MOST maps, AND I MEAN MOST MAPS are symmetrical. there are a few that are not, like abandon. but most of the other maps are symmetric, like haven. also if you don't play infinity slayer, then there are no ordnance drops form players. the mulitiplayer is even, I don't care what people say. and loadouts are even because everyone can have the same perks and guns as everyone else. great game Expand
  7. Mar 29, 2013
    Halo 4 sits somewhere between Halo 3 and Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3. While Halo 4 is clearly a good game, it is not great game. Despite the flourish of new graphics, the series has lost some of its trademark character. The new enemies, the Promotheans, are mute tanks that flitter, scurry, and teleport. They do not, however, flank, retreat, or do anything memorable. The PromotheanHalo 4 sits somewhere between Halo 3 and Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3. While Halo 4 is clearly a good game, it is not great game. Despite the flourish of new graphics, the series has lost some of its trademark character. The new enemies, the Promotheans, are mute tanks that flitter, scurry, and teleport. They do not, however, flank, retreat, or do anything memorable. The Promothean weapons are even more boring: every Promothean weapon is a futuristic looking version of one of today's weapons. The only new kind of weapons are a rail gun and a sticky detonator, and each shows up sparingly in the campaign. A prime opportunity to add some interesting new ideas to Halo has been squandered. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In terms of progressing the series, I found it odd that "Halo 4" explicitly tells players to scavenge weapons from fallen combatants. In later levels, when combatants are many and dropped weapons are few, the game compensates by giving you crate upon crate of grenades and weapons. Placing the strategic choice of weapons in the hands of the player is a staple of Halo games, but those choices are meaningless if the game gives players an inexhaustible armory of the same kinds of weapons. At least 343 returned the health system pioneered in Halo 2. After your shields fall, you can take a few hits while you duck for cover. This system works and keeps the flow of the game moving. Halo 4 has a constant momentum to the point of providing dialogue and backstory through driving sequences rather than non-playable cut scenes. 343 did not entirely understand Bungie's snippets of fun mojo, and Halo's musical staple, the dun-dun-dun-dun guitar riff, was completely absent. In fact, pulse pounding music of any kind was absent, giving a sense of emptiness to many of the early levels. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------The game also abuses the mechanic of go to several places on the same level and press several buttons. I prefer the old challenges of figuring out how to fit a Warthog into a doorway. Nevertheless, Halo 4 provides several opportunities to run, drive, or fly past past enemies to the next check point.
    The story of Halo 4 is quite epic. As Master Chief, you relentlessly fight against the Covenant, the Prometheans, your human ally's incompetence, and the story driven failure of your A.I. pal Cortana. When mission failure is required, and it is required quite a bit in this story, the failure is never that of the player. We are never burdened with the awful cutscene of the player character cluelessly and impotently watching the action unfold and not participating. Master Chief is as competent as ever. By the way, the graphics in Halo 4 are the best ever on the Xbox 350 and the cutscenes are photorealistic. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Multiplayer on Halo 4 has been a mixed bag. 343 failed to provide popular game types and decent maps at launch, and exacerbated their launch failures with a lack of support for a good three to four months. In late March of 2013, 343 finally started fixing the multi-player experience, but the popularity of Halo has suffered. One of the positive changes 343 has made is leveraging the players' ability to make their own maps and adding the best of the communiy's maps to the on-line playlists. Few games provide map making tools and this is a stand-out feature for Halo 4 on the Xbox.
  8. Apr 4, 2014
    343 Industries has done a fantastic job with this latest chapter in the series. This is my favorite video game series, and it is the series that got me into video gaming, so hearing that a new developer would be replacing Bungie worried me. Thankfully 343 made a game that is just as good as the majority of the Bungie made Halo games.

The campaign manages to feel familiar and fresh all

The campaign manages to feel familiar and fresh all that the same time thanks to the way is holds onto the classic Halo gameplay while simultaneously adding it's own unique features. With new weapons to experiment with and new enemies to fight, there's always something exciting around the next corner. To make things better it is all backed up by some of the best looking graphics to ever grace the 360. The only complaint I have with the campaign is in regards to the story. Just like in Halo 3 the story dives off into the most confusing and under-explained sci-fi mumbo jumbo out there. That being said the campaign does manage to have some emotionality thanks to the complex look at the relationship between Cortana and Master Chief. So while the story does disappoint, the gameplay succeeds here making one awesome campaign.

As far as the multiplayer goes I find it to be the most fun in the series yet. Everything is excellently balanced, the new features are excellent, the game modes are fantastic, and the maps are incredibly well done. The maps are only made better and more diverse thanks to the returning Forge mode. Honestly I am loving the multiplayer more than ever. It's tighter and it no longer feels like you are burning through a huge amount of ammo just to drop a foe. I think this is the best multiplayer the series has seen and it will keep you busy for countless hours. I really can't find a flaw with it.

As far as cooperative gameplay goes the series Firefight mode has been replaced with the new "Spartan Ops" mode. This mode is a noticeable improvement of what the series has previously offered in terms of cooperative gameplay and is an absolute blast to play with friends or even by yourself. However this mode does come with one pretty big flaw: there's no way to play this mode offline either cooperatively or solo. This actually prevented me from being able to play it locally in couch co-op form and is a pretty big oversight on 343's part. That being said it's not a deal breaker and doesn't ruin the fun that can be had with this mode. It's just a disappointing non-inclusion, especially when you remember that Bungie's Firefight mode allowed for offline play.

Overall this is a fantastic game and in a lot of ways one of the best games in the series. With a fantastic campaign, the series best multiplayer, and countless hours worth of content this is one of the best FPS games on the market and one of the best games on the 360. Halo fans no longer need to worry about whether or not 343 can handle the series, because they have proved they can even if they did include some minor flaws. I give it a score of 9.9/10-Near-Perfect.
  9. Jun 18, 2013
    343i did well on Halo, they really did, but several things really held it back as an avid fan of the franchise.

pros: solid controls solid weapons felt good to use great multiplayer(something we haven't seen since halo 3) amazing visuals gorgeous cutscenes cons: disappointing story. As a reader of the books, the end just absolutely made no sense and was the height of

pros: solid controls
    solid weapons felt good to use
    great multiplayer(something we haven't seen since halo 3)
    amazing visuals
    gorgeous cutscenes

cons:
    disappointing story. As a reader of the books, the end just absolutely made no sense and was the height of anti-climax.

poor level design at times. It felt like the library all over again, just repetition with no clear next location

uninspired spaces didn't always feel like Halo I knew, while others were amazing, there seemed to be a gap in cohesive design.

Overall its a game that works out well. But if you don't care for multiplayer it would be a tough game to suggest to someone.
  10. Nov 19, 2012
    Halo 4 is an amazing installation in the Halo series that certainly rivals Halo 3. Halo has always been about story driven campaigns with amazing and varied enemy AIs, great set pieces, and an excellent musical score. All of these things have been pushed in the new game and the Promethean enemies bring much needed variety to the game. Also, the dialogue and character development exceedsHalo 4 is an amazing installation in the Halo series that certainly rivals Halo 3. Halo has always been about story driven campaigns with amazing and varied enemy AIs, great set pieces, and an excellent musical score. All of these things have been pushed in the new game and the Promethean enemies bring much needed variety to the game. Also, the dialogue and character development exceeds anything done in previous titles. As for the multiplayer, Halo has ALWAYS changed up the formula. Come on fans, think about Halo 1 to 2. Dual wielding, online gameplay, playing as a covenant, two concurrent stories, and numerous gameplay changes led to a very different experience. In ODST Bungie tried the more open world approach and marine gameplay ideas. Reach obviously introduced armor abilities and much more. Not all the additions and changes have been popular, but the changes kept the series fresh. 343 Industries continues that tradition in Halo 4 and has reinvented the Halo series. Yes it has load outs, but this isn't Call of Halo. The way loadouts work is still distinctly Halo, and honestly this is the modernization the series needed while sticking to its core gameplay mechanics. I understand my fellow Halo fans griefing over this one. I've been a fan since Halo 1. This is taking the franchise in a new direction but honestly, I don't want a release of updated Halo 1s or 2s being made over and over again. I want new directions and I want the series to continue to being a foil for the more stagnant FPS series. So my vote goes for a changing series that keeps to core roots than more of the same. Expand
  11. Nov 20, 2012
    Halo 4 is a jaw dropping, unbelievably beautiful, well thought out, masterfully assembled game. It is undeniably the best bang for buck game this year, if not of all time. Halo 4's campaign injects something that has always been lacking in the franchise, human emotion. It is the first Halo that actually seems like it was written for a more mature audience, the enemies are more fearsome,Halo 4 is a jaw dropping, unbelievably beautiful, well thought out, masterfully assembled game. It is undeniably the best bang for buck game this year, if not of all time. Halo 4's campaign injects something that has always been lacking in the franchise, human emotion. It is the first Halo that actually seems like it was written for a more mature audience, the enemies are more fearsome, and aggressive, than any other Halo, even the Grunts are scarier looking, and meaner than ever. In addition, the co-op mode tells a completely different story than the campaign, is released over the next few weeks, is interesting, and fun. The multiplayer is the best so far. Halo 4 is a great evolution in the series, and a personal favorite so far. Expand
  12. Feb 20, 2014
    Why is this game rated 6.9 by the fans ? I seriously dont get it cause Halo 2 and Halo 3 are worser than this and that is no opinion ... Halo 2 sucked and Halo 3 was okay, but not good ... this part is the best since Halo 1 ... Praise to the designer of Cortana you did a great Job !
  13. Dec 13, 2012
    This game is by no means the best, but this score of 7 is just ridiculous. Considering it as 343i's first Halo game, it's pretty damn amazing. The graphics are one of the best on console, no argument. The music, while lacking in some areas compared to O'Donnell's compositions, is, frankly, amazing, and the campaign is very good--especially the revelation that Master Chief has an emotionalThis game is by no means the best, but this score of 7 is just ridiculous. Considering it as 343i's first Halo game, it's pretty damn amazing. The graphics are one of the best on console, no argument. The music, while lacking in some areas compared to O'Donnell's compositions, is, frankly, amazing, and the campaign is very good--especially the revelation that Master Chief has an emotional side as well. The multiplayer is fast-paced and more COD-like, for better or for worse is you to decide. Spartan Ops is fun as hell, especially as it provides a campaign-like co-op. Expand
  14. Nov 20, 2012
    I have really enjoyed my time on this game so far. The campaign is pretty good. I would have preferred more shorter missions rather than the few long ones. At times it gets to the point where you just want the mission to be over. However there are some pretty epic scenes and the game looks fantastic. It must be pushing the 360 to its limits. The multiplayer is also a good time. I like theI have really enjoyed my time on this game so far. The campaign is pretty good. I would have preferred more shorter missions rather than the few long ones. At times it gets to the point where you just want the mission to be over. However there are some pretty epic scenes and the game looks fantastic. It must be pushing the 360 to its limits. The multiplayer is also a good time. I like the random map drops. Takes away the importance of knowing the power weapon locations and the fastest way to get there. The personal ordinance drops are a blessing and a curse. It's nice to rewarded for playing well but it is unnecessary. I would prefer to have the map drops happen more often and get rid of the ordinance drops. The custom loadouts are ok. I'd prefer if you just picked a gun and the grenades though. I find everything else unnecessary. The guns you can pick from however are incredibly balanced. Anyone who says otherwise is just complaining to complain. I would also like to see them get rid of map voting or improve the system. There are about 10 maps and in the 30 or so games I've played I think I have played 4. Often I have played the same map 3 times in a row. Also after games if the majority of the party leaves it would be nice to have the remaining group search for more players. I have had games that started 3 vs. 1 which is pretty lame. Over all a good game. Any complaints I have are really just nitpicking and personal preference. Expand
  15. Nov 15, 2012
    While I was a bit skeptical of 343i beginning a new trilogy, Halo 4 delivers. The campaign is much better than expected. It's well paced, has decent plot development, and the villain is definitely an interesting twist and a solid approach to setup the new trilogy. Multiplayer has some issues, but is still very fun and will only get better with time as it is updated. After Halo Reach, IWhile I was a bit skeptical of 343i beginning a new trilogy, Halo 4 delivers. The campaign is much better than expected. It's well paced, has decent plot development, and the villain is definitely an interesting twist and a solid approach to setup the new trilogy. Multiplayer has some issues, but is still very fun and will only get better with time as it is updated. After Halo Reach, I can say it feels great to play Halo again. Expand
  16. Nov 15, 2012
    Un juego verdaderamente chingon, Es algo nostálgico pero definitivamente ofrece algo refrescante para aquellos ya familiarizados con la saga de halo. La campaña es corta pero no hay que olvidar que cada semana se están sacando episodios nuevos que funcionan como una extencion de la historia.
  17. Nov 21, 2012
    Halo is back on its feet again. After a few mediocre entries into the series, namely, halo reach, Halo 4 delivers a surprising and rejuvenating jolt of wonder, fun, and solid gameplay that the series definitely needed.
  18. Apr 16, 2013
    Let me first start by saying that I have never been a Halo fan having only played Halo 1 on the PC and not being very impressed with it. I also finished Halo 3 ODST on the Xbox and wasn't particularly impressed with that either.. Until now I haven't seen anything from the Halo universe that was particularly impressive. I haven't played the multiplayer yet so this review is on theLet me first start by saying that I have never been a Halo fan having only played Halo 1 on the PC and not being very impressed with it. I also finished Halo 3 ODST on the Xbox and wasn't particularly impressed with that either.. Until now I haven't seen anything from the Halo universe that was particularly impressive. I haven't played the multiplayer yet so this review is on the campaign. The storyline was intriguing and well adapted. Actually one of the best single player storylines I have played in quite a few years. The controls were a bit awkward at first, straying from the typical FPS control scheme but after some play they are manageable. The graphics and dynamic environments were simply beautiful. Overall the game provided an epic story with great game mechanics. I don't know if this studio has produced other titles in the Halo world but they knocked this one out of the park. Expand
  19. Sep 13, 2014
    As a long time fan of the Halo series, I can say that this game is fantastic. It is my favourite so far. The gameplay is the most refined in the series yet and has superior graphics to match. The story was interesting and introduced an intriguing new villain along with new enemies to fight, which mixes things up from the traditional halo games, whilst still keeping the well known and lovedAs a long time fan of the Halo series, I can say that this game is fantastic. It is my favourite so far. The gameplay is the most refined in the series yet and has superior graphics to match. The story was interesting and introduced an intriguing new villain along with new enemies to fight, which mixes things up from the traditional halo games, whilst still keeping the well known and loved covenant enemies.
    Definitely makes my top 10 games of all time list.
  20. Feb 13, 2013
    Halo 4's campaign is right up there with the Combat Evolved campaign in terms of greatness. Spartan Ops is a fun new co-op mode that has only gotten better as time went on. Multiplayer introduces fresh new features to the Halo experience and will only get better and more polished.

Overall, amazing game that is deserving of the hype. Haters gonna hate.
  21. Apr 16, 2013
    I was never a die-hard Halo fan. I came onto the Halo scene a year or two after it was originally released and respected how technically sound it was. As the later installments came out I never bought into the story or characters and I never thought they were the best looking games at the times of their release (due to art style). I would go to LAN parties with friends and have a greatI was never a die-hard Halo fan. I came onto the Halo scene a year or two after it was originally released and respected how technically sound it was. As the later installments came out I never bought into the story or characters and I never thought they were the best looking games at the times of their release (due to art style). I would go to LAN parties with friends and have a great time playing with them, but outside of that, I rarely would touch those old Halos. That is until Halo 4. Halo 4 was a "changing of the guard" from the other installments, and in my opinion, for the better. More effort was put into giving the characters more depth through cinematic sequences and dialogue. I found this to be a great improvement over previous installments. The graphic level of Halo 4 actually met my standards for being one of the best looking games released at its time. The sound is also top notch, and the guns feel more powerful than ever thanks to the amped up sounds. The AI is smart and provides a challenge and the level designs provide decent variety in play-style. Multi-player runs smooth and the nasty "host powers" that plague these P2P games is marginalized well. I also enjoyed the new control schemes ,as I always preferred the COD style scheme with my play-style, and the customization/load-out options. There is a good balance between feeling that you have a unique character and having any load-out be viable. The new game mode, Spartan-ops is a decent addition however, like the game itself, the story is still pretty ho-hum. Now I haven't read any of the books for the added lore, but I don't believe I should have to in order to enjoy the stories of the games. This is an area that still could use some improvement. Overall, this is an excellent, high-production value game, and one of the best games on the Xbox 360. VERDICT: Must buy! You'll get you're bang for your buck quite easily with this game. Expand
  22. Feb 18, 2014
    Halo 4 feels like the natural evolution of the series.
    It takes the best elements of Halo 3 and Reach and combines them into an authentic Master Chief experience!
    Halo 4 feels like the natural evolution of the series.
    I'm coming back to the game now after about a year off. I've finished it on Legendary now and am getting into some multiplayer. As much as the player base has dropped over the last year or so, matches can be found with relative ease.
    I was never big on the COD multiplayer. Halo 4 is where it's at for me until Titanfall drops. I want my futuristic machines, yo!
  23. Jan 19, 2013
    I was hoping this would be my GOTY 2012 but just a few games were a little better. Okay this may not be the best Halo, but 343 you have didn't let this game crash and burn, you are pushing the series to the next generation of Halos. Campaigns really good but is not as gripping as other Halo campaigns and got a bit too serious on the story. But its their first Halo so they will learn likeI was hoping this would be my GOTY 2012 but just a few games were a little better. Okay this may not be the best Halo, but 343 you have didn't let this game crash and burn, you are pushing the series to the next generation of Halos. Campaigns really good but is not as gripping as other Halo campaigns and got a bit too serious on the story. But its their first Halo so they will learn like Bungie did. Multiplayer is a bit of a copy of CoD, but probally the biggest pushes to the multiplayer since Halo 2 and love custom loadouts idea. Spartan Ops is a great new feature and a nice change to firefight. Overall Campaign really good but 2 issus stop it from becoming like Halo campaign good. Multiplayer is amazing step to the multiplayer for a very exiting future for Halo. Spartan Ops is great change to Firefight. Halo may not be GOTY for me but its in my top 3 games this year. Halo 4 9.0/10 Expand
  24. Nov 13, 2012
    Great visuals, great single player campaign, great multiplayer modes.. The only negative i can think of is the final boss fight but this is my favorite Halo game to date.
  25. Nov 16, 2012
    Halo 4 has given back something to me, that has been lost with Halo Reach. When I think of Halo, I think of a whole package - Competitive multiplayer, an interesting Campaign, and something innovative.

The Campaign was about an 8/10. It took a different approach to the regular storytelling that Halo is known for, and generally performed pretty well. But I would have enjoyed a longer campaign, along with a few extra things that I don't want to spoil.

The multiplayer I give an 8/10. 343 Did really great to reverse some of the Reach damage. It took out bloom, brought back the BR, and also gives us some pretty nice default maps. From a casual standpoint, I have a load of fun in BTB with ordnance drops and my friends. From a competitive standpoint, I really enjoy a few of the maps on Pro, but it loses points due to no default "real" competitive playlist, and no trueskill system.

Now with innovation, they really hit the mark with Spartan Ops. I am not a huge fan of it personally, but it really is a great step forward to combine all elements of the game into one. Verdict: A really great game, highly recommended for veterans of the franchise, and newcomers alike.

Highest Pro: The multiplayer is much more refined and higher quality this title.
    Highest Con: Lack of depth in the multiplayer matches, tied with a short campaign.
  26. Dec 6, 2012
    I will put it simply, Go with the vast majority of professional critics, There's a reason the users on here aren't professional critics, they haven't got a clue, it's a fantastic game and is very much worth your time, in the list of things not worth your time are haters on metacritic.
  27. Nov 13, 2012
    I grew up playing Halo. The score to Halo 4 seemed to me like atmospheric background noise.. I rarely noticed it. The music is integral to what it is as a franchise to me. I am a purist tho. I liked the plot of Reach better. I am also missing a lot of the multiplayer options from Reach too. Like the ability to put it on good connection and similar skill. Also the campaign scoring andI grew up playing Halo. The score to Halo 4 seemed to me like atmospheric background noise.. I rarely noticed it. The music is integral to what it is as a franchise to me. I am a purist tho. I liked the plot of Reach better. I am also missing a lot of the multiplayer options from Reach too. Like the ability to put it on good connection and similar skill. Also the campaign scoring and firefight are also missing. Spartan Ops isn't the same, after the 10 weeks it's going to be useless. Than there's the fact you don't get taken out of scope when you're shot. I love it still but nothing is perfect. I just see it as a result of a new studio playing it safe in some areas and trying too hard to impress in others. Expand
  28. Aug 11, 2013
    343 did a great job taking the mantle away from Bungie. The game looks great with a good story. The action is pretty good but not the best. No more dual weapon usage which was kind of a drag. The game is about 8 hours on hard and can easily be beaten on normal over a weekend. The stand out in this game is the quality of overall sound effects. The music sound great and the guns are343 did a great job taking the mantle away from Bungie. The game looks great with a good story. The action is pretty good but not the best. No more dual weapon usage which was kind of a drag. The game is about 8 hours on hard and can easily be beaten on normal over a weekend. The stand out in this game is the quality of overall sound effects. The music sound great and the guns are "punchy". But I use a amp/dac paired with Beyerdynamics. But overall a good game worth a rental but not a buy. Expand
  29. Mar 23, 2013
    Halo 4 is by far one of the best games of all time. The story is more personal, dark, and rewarding than previous halo entries and ends on an all out high note. The graphics are a revolution in gaming, with detailed environments, superb lighting, ridiculously high res textures, and incredible facial animation and motion capture. The sweeping spectacle and breath taking views of distantHalo 4 is by far one of the best games of all time. The story is more personal, dark, and rewarding than previous halo entries and ends on an all out high note. The graphics are a revolution in gaming, with detailed environments, superb lighting, ridiculously high res textures, and incredible facial animation and motion capture. The sweeping spectacle and breath taking views of distant forerunner structures reminisce to when people first saw halo combat evolved. Also, the cinematics are so incredible when I first saw them I thought they were live action. They really are that good. As for the gameplay, they keep to the series' main roots, straight up runnin and gunnin like a baller. It is incrediblely satisfying to just run out and desimate enemies. The weapons not only look and sound great but are all unique and perfectly balanced. Speaking of sound, it's epic, from the crack of an assault rifle, to the all new beautiful score by Neil davidge, to the simple hum of a warthog halo 4 stays true to the awesome sound design we've come to expect from halo games. Themu,tip layer has been redone and is incredibly fun and addicting, with the new loadout system, halo 4 adds much more customization that is nice change to halo. Spartan ops is since bit of narrative based arcade style killing feet that can be a real blast to play. While the sequences are over in minutes and aren't that challenging even on legendary and you won't get hold of much of the story during combat,they still feel epic and the weekly cinematics they bring are a treat to watch. As for forge, it's just as awesome as ever but, allowing you to make the map of your dreams, but as been refined to the point that does away with the annoying issues it used to have. So overall, halo 4 is one of the best of the series, an incredible start to the new trilogy, and one of the best looking, best sounding, best playing, straight up BEST game of all time. Expand
  30. Jan 11, 2013
    I have played every single Halo game, including Halo: AE and Halo Wars, so I have a good spectrum of the Halo universe and the good and bad Halo games.

PROS: 1) Beautiful graphics and sound. This game just looks good! Lush jungles, cool Forerunner areas, etc. 2) Matchmaking system is great as always... easy to find a game and stay with a group. 3) Multiplayer is good fun. Good maps,

PROS:
    3) Multiplayer is good fun. Good maps, and an old favorite. Vehicles all perform well. Most weapons feel good to shoot.
    4) Loadout system adds something new to match your playstyle, but doesn't make the game unbalanced.
    5) Campaign was solid, new enemies are always welcome after the Covenant was done for multiple games.

CONS:
    1) Spartan Ops is pretty shallow and offers little to the game or story.
    2) Campaign was short and the plot was all over the place. IE - Who is this guy, who is that guy and why are they important?
    3) Ordinance drops don;t really work with Halo. I would rather have good weapons on the map that respawn quicker. Many ordinance drops make you choose between 3 equally bad weapons or bonuses. Feels too COD.
    4) 343 Studios went overboard on the weapons. I don't need 3 long range weapons, 3 medium and 3 short range weapons. Just a bit too much.
    5) Armor is unlocked through finishing challenges which forces you to use crummy weapons etc if you want the armor. The credit system from Halo: Reach was great and one of the better ideas from that game.

A pretty good, almost great game with a few issues. Halo 4 doesn't need to copy COD... everyone has had their fill of that anyway. Also, the campaign was fun, but pretty forgettable. Beyond that though, this game has a robust MP that will make most fans and newcomers happy.

1. Dec 17, 2012