Halo 4 Xbox 360

7.0

1. Jun 12, 2013
    Halo 4 was a great game I really enjoyed it but it wasn't what I thought it was going to be but I had a really good time playing this game solo or with friends but preferably with friends on the campaign on legendary. But some parts I didn't really enjoy like the DLC which was really awful, in my mind the default maps were a lot better but I still had a great time.
  2. Aug 10, 2015
    Wow! I had to write a review after playing this again! I first played it very casually on legendary and gota little frustrated i think. While waiting for witcher update to download decided to turn back on halo 4 and pit it down a notch in difficulty and BANG just loved it. Felt like halo, second level in ghost felt like last level in halo combat evolved. Just gorgeous, beautifulWow! I had to write a review after playing this again! I first played it very casually on legendary and gota little frustrated i think. While waiting for witcher update to download decided to turn back on halo 4 and pit it down a notch in difficulty and BANG just loved it. Felt like halo, second level in ghost felt like last level in halo combat evolved. Just gorgeous, beautiful graphics on master chief 1080p gives seriously next gen graphic games a run for their money, walking on the transparent floor will never leave my mind.. Game play is perfectly how halo to me is the best first person shooter, great enemies, story, vehicles and atmosphere. Expand
  3. Aug 17, 2013
    Un très bon jeu quoi qu'on en dise les développeurs ont vraiment bosser dessus et ça se sent
    après il y'a des défauts comme tous les jeu et des choses qui peuvent ne pas plaire aux fans de la licence comme moi mais on les oublis vite vu la qualité du jeu.
  4. Oct 12, 2013
    343 have made the Halo game I wanted from them, enough new that it keeps it fresh but stayed true to what makes Halo, Halo. Its by no means perfect, but its a solid game that had me gripped during the campaign and I cant wait to see where it goes next. After an emotional and satisfying end to the game it reassured me that 343 know what they are doing and Halo is in safe hands. Well done343 have made the Halo game I wanted from them, enough new that it keeps it fresh but stayed true to what makes Halo, Halo. Its by no means perfect, but its a solid game that had me gripped during the campaign and I cant wait to see where it goes next. After an emotional and satisfying end to the game it reassured me that 343 know what they are doing and Halo is in safe hands. Well done 343, I hope you can continue down this path. Expand
  5. Nov 8, 2013
    I prefer Halo Reach over Halo 4, but id still play either. For a new developer putting on Bungie's shoes, they did a good job. The graphics are good but the character models are bland. 8/10 Also worth mentioning, the game still feels like Halo.
  6. May 8, 2015
    It's a good game, you should buy it. 10/10. It's an even better game if you have a bag of Nacho Cheese Doritos and an ice cold Mountain Dew next to you. Why do we have to charge so much for maps, yet have these extravagant marketing campaigns? Who cares? Doritos! Mountain Dew!

OK, OK here's the serious verdict. It's a fun game, and it's HALO! I'm not a huge halo fan, but I very much liked Halo 3. I feel like this sequel is a bit underwhelming considering how great Halo 3 was, but this game still has much to offer and is lots of fun. When this game came out, I didn't like it. Now, in 2015, seeing how homogenized the shooter market is with our annual Call of Battlefields and their shameless copycats, how naive of me to hate on this game. People should look at this game and see how unique it is, and there should be more games that stray from the norm.
  7. Jun 21, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. For 343's first offial Halo title I believe they did a good job, but could of been better. Possibly the best campaign in terms of storytelling and also emotional (when Cortana died). The multplayer is fun but not competitive which is why so many Halo fans hated this game. Spartan Ops is fun when played with friends but kind of boring when played alone. Expand
  8. Nov 30, 2013
    Definitely lives up to the standard of this franchise. The campaign is intriguing, interesting and engaging as ever; they even correctly referenced the ending of Halo 3 in the beginning of Halo 4. The plot is kind of slow in the beginning, but easily picks up in a little over half an hour, and new weapons and abilities are sprinkled throughout. The ending [NO spoiler] is very reminiscentDefinitely lives up to the standard of this franchise. The campaign is intriguing, interesting and engaging as ever; they even correctly referenced the ending of Halo 3 in the beginning of Halo 4. The plot is kind of slow in the beginning, but easily picks up in a little over half an hour, and new weapons and abilities are sprinkled throughout. The ending [NO spoiler] is very reminiscent of a Bioshock game, and sets the game up for an epic sequel.

The graphics are probably one of the best features of this game. Visually stunning, 343 has improved the game engine drastically, with better shadows, lighting, lens flares, anti-aliasing, textures, and many other great things. Whether you melee an enemy or fire a rocket at a moving car, you can feel the kick from the weapon and hear a satisfying crack as you break a hole in your enemy's skull, all without audio spam.

The soundtrack is superb, as should be expected for a Halo game. In order to fully understand why, you have to listen to it yourself. Epic, expanding, and fitting for the mood of Halo, you won't be disappointed by the audio in this game.

Finally, the multiplayer has been improved and refined in many ways. While the maps may be a little lackluster, weapon loadouts and 343's own take on perks will keep the game fresh and exhilarating, and an HD remake of the classic Halo 3 map Valhalla will trigger your nostalgia.

Overall, a visually well-crafted game with few cons and many pros that will leave you satisfied with the series, game, and what is to come.
  9. Dec 6, 2013
    It's an Amazing game! Definitely worth a 10! It's campaign, like all Halo games is amazing with the best graphics you can get on the Xbox 360. If you're done with the campaign there's a healthy and fun multiplayer which you can play for a longer time than COD. Trust m,e the multiplayer beats that of COD.
  10. Dec 7, 2013
    A terrific game, 343 did a really good job with the storyline and enemy/weapon design. Although it would've been nice if there where more levels. The ending left me wanting more, and after seeing what 343 could do I have high hopes for Halo5
  11. Dec 7, 2013
    It's a Halo game which mean it carries a lot on it's shoulders but it's a gem of a game. Short campaign, but what it lacks in quantity makes it up in quality for which it delivers an enthralling campaign which junctions perfectly from Bungie's Halo. Although the campaign is amazing, the multiplayer is weak with only a small amount of game time could be spent until boredom catches up.It's a Halo game which mean it carries a lot on it's shoulders but it's a gem of a game. Short campaign, but what it lacks in quantity makes it up in quality for which it delivers an enthralling campaign which junctions perfectly from Bungie's Halo. Although the campaign is amazing, the multiplayer is weak with only a small amount of game time could be spent until boredom catches up. Nevertheless, you have new multiplayers features to deter you from completely putting the game down. Expand
  12. Dec 31, 2013
    Halo 4 Typed Review By Tanner Warren

Halo 4 Typed Review By Tanner Warren

When it comes to Halo 4, there is no denying that it has become the greatest of the great when it comes to multiplayer kick butt action but I found the campaign to be lack-luster final thought. It almost seems like 343 knew that the Halo fan base wouldn't like a new company taking charge of there beloved game the hold so fondly to there hearts so they added in the return of John 177 or Master Chief as he's more commonly known, to reach a new level of hype surrounding Halo since the original game. The graphics were stunning and topped Black ops 2, MW3, and Battlefield 3 (The Xbox versions). As for the things I didn't like, pop in textures were a problem for me as well as the fact that it felt less detailed than Halo Reach. All of this in consideration, I give it a awesome score of 8/10 For graphics and textures!

As for multiplayer gameplay, Halo 4 has a wide variety of maps and game modes with enough action to keep you hooked for hundreds of hours. I was shocked and a little excited to hear that multiplayer was now supporting custom loadouts and armor abilities. The ability to chose which guns and gear you want instead of scavenging for it is great. Some may say it is becoming to much like Call of Duty with the loudouts, but I believe its a step in the right direction. However the new ordnance feature feels a little out of place. In a game based on strategy and quick thinking, it feels wrong to call in a noobie one shot weapon like the binary rifle. Oh and speaking of noobish weaponry, how about them bolt-shots. If your going to let us have a secondary "pocket shotgun" then why not let us have a real shotty. There is also a spartan ops mini campaign that ties up the lose ends. Spartan ops consisting of 10 episodes with 5 chapters ranging form 10-20 minutes depending on the difficulty and number of players. All this in consideration, I give multiplayer gameplay a 8/10!

Unlike the multiplayer, the campaign felt short and predictable. At all times I felt myself using the same tactics. Shoot the watchers at long range, move in and kill all the runners by shooting in the head and then take out the knights in single combat. As for the final boss fight? A quicktime event leaving us with a cheesy cliffhanger ending encouraging us to spend $499.99 on an Xbox one and wait for Halo 5 to conclude what the heck just happened with Master Chief. I regretfully give Halo 4's campaign a 4/10.

Moving on to sound, the guns feel much more meaty and satisfying to shoot! The Halo orchestra really out did themselves with the music for this one! I felt like I was marching off to war against the filthy covenant! So basically, THE SOUND WAS FREAKING AWESOME! I give the sound a Bass drop'n 10/10!

The multiplayer in Halo 4 was very addictive and hard to pass up. Even as I bought and played new games such as X-COM, I found myself putting in my Halo 4 disc within minuets giving the lasting appeal another awesome 9/10.

Rounding Halo 4's total to a great score of 8/10! A truly epic game!

-Tanner Warren
  13. Jan 3, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. As a recent Halo fan (having been introduced to the series last September with Halo CEA), I have loved the series for being the first FPS I truly respect. So, when I saw that there were even MORE Halo games, I immediately ordered all. I was expecting to enjoy 3 the most after all, I heard from a lot of forums that Halo 3 was the best game in the series, that it is unsurpassed, and that Halo 4 is way worse than that.

Is it me or did they wear nostalgia glasses? Halo 3 bored me.

From the beginning, I was bored. In the middle, I was bored. Near the end, they even screwed it up and turned the game from an epic defense of the Earth to a trip to the Ark. They should have closed the Earth storyline and focused on the ark here, because story progression was bad. No offense Bungie but I'm disappointed. If anything the best Bungie game in the series was Halo Reach, which was NEAR PERFECT, so I didn't get why people dissed it.

What they dissed even more was Halo 4. They say all sorts of things it sucks, it's CoD with a Halo paintjob, it has the worst campaign, they totally ruined multiplayer, and 3 looks better than 4 (no kidding, I saw this in the forums). However, reading critic reviews I expected much from it.

So I booted it up... and played... and didn't stop because I couldn't stop.

It was amazing. The visuals are among the best I've seen it can't beat Crysis on a technical level but I prefer Halo 4 in art style and lighting. I particularly liked how the environments have massive detail and feel open, unlike the closed style of many earlier games (even the amazing Halo CE had some disappointing corridor shooting scenes). The AI was great, and the Prometheans (new enemies) got you on your toes. The soundtrack was amazing, I actually prefer its emotional and atmospheric style to the Halo CE soundtrack (which was amazing but set some battles in elevator music). Multiplayer was good it's not perfect (personal loadouts are a bad thing), but it's fun

But what really wowed me was the story. I liked the progression. Maybe it's because I'm familiar with Halo, but I didn't find it convulted. In fact, it progressed beautifully, with all the plot twists being carefully placed. The only other games I know that match it are Halo CE and Halo Reach. The main story is that Master Chief and Cortana on a torn spaceship Forward Unto Dawn stumbled upon a Forerunner planet named Reqiuem, home to a race of Forerunner warriors who simply fight all that intrude the planet...

...until the awakening of the Didact, the ruler of the Forerunner warrior caste, who commands his Promethean army against Humanity. Though at first Master Chief seems to succeed, things turn bad when the Didact was able to retrieve the Composer, a Forerunner device used to turn sentient beings from organic flesh to digital data. At first the device was used to convert beings to AI, saving them from the Flood (an infection that brainwashes, mutates and commands life it eats), but when turned back to organic the people would be horrifying abominations. The Didact still believed in its use, unlike the Librarian who decided to support the Halo Array and start the galaxy from scratch.

The Composer, retrieved by the Ivanoff Research Station orbiting Halo Installation 03, was snatched from the station by the Didact, and despite the Chief's struggle to save the scientists, the Composer was activated and obliterated all humans the weapon was aimed at. Luckily, the Chief's augmentations from the Spartan-II program and the genetic evolution acceleration received from the Librarian helped him survive the blast, but he was blacked out. As he wakes up, he discovers that the Didact was moving the Composer to Earth, about to obliterate humanity. When the Chief gets there, he was able to stop some systems, but too late the Composer was activated and aimed at the city of New Phoenix, its citizens all obliterated by the weapon. To stop the Composer from disintegrating the rest of humanity, he primes a nuke into the Composer, to sacrifice himself...

What happens next I shall not spoil for maximum impact.

However, what truly amazes me is the relationship of John-117 (Master Chief) and Cortana. Not love, but their dependence on each other and how they reach a goal. In the story, Cortana falls into rampancy she exceeded her operational capacity and age, and is breaking down due to malfunctions. As the Chief struggles to get her back to Earth to allow her creator (Dr. Halsey) to find a solution, they discover what it means to be human, and what it means to be a machine. Cortana truly wanted to be human but being artificial intelligence, there really was a barrier. The Chief is human, but is like a machine fulfilling all duties. Who is human, and who is machine, then?

It is this existential pondering that truly makes Halo 4 beautiful. It's not perfect, but it doesn't deserve a 9. It's not flawless, but it proved 343 is worthy.

Screw the forums.
  14. Jan 11, 2014
    One word Amazing. halo 4 took the Halo series into a new direction but still felt like halo. multiplayer was fantastic and I have to admit for the campaign, its almost better than halo 3s. got to say second best halo game and I cant wait till halo 5.
  15. Jan 8, 2014
    A really good shooter. A good story, memorable characters, a really good soundtrack, some of the best visuals on the 360 and an extremely fun and addicting multi-player experience. While not an innovative title and adds nothing we never saw in the previous Halo titles, it's still a fun game to play through and if you invite your friends over, prepare to spend hours in this game.
  16. Jan 13, 2014
    Greatest Halo game!
    High quality feeling and audio, at 1080p it's graphics rival those of next gen!
    Though I miss the original Halo music, the new music is memorable and emotional..
  17. Jan 20, 2014
    Love halo. Great graphics, great gameplay, great upgrades. Multiplayer fell for me though, the ranking systems has no penalization if u lose, you dont know how high a players real ranking is, its more about how many games u play rather than wins/losses or kills/deaths. This caused multiplayer to be less serious, no one cared who won/lost, and no one talked because teamwork is onlyLove halo. Great graphics, great gameplay, great upgrades. Multiplayer fell for me though, the ranking systems has no penalization if u lose, you dont know how high a players real ranking is, its more about how many games u play rather than wins/losses or kills/deaths. This caused multiplayer to be less serious, no one cared who won/lost, and no one talked because teamwork is only important if you need to win. Expand
  18. Jan 27, 2014
    Es simplemente increíble desde el primer momento que comienza hasta es ultimo segundo de la campaña, no hay absolutamente nada que discutir. pasamos de una historia limitada a tocar incluso entrar en el universo tan complejo de halo, gráficos excelentes, la historia es por mas que interesante y nos conecta emocionalmente con Master Chief y Cortana, el multijugador es para admirar superaEs simplemente increíble desde el primer momento que comienza hasta es ultimo segundo de la campaña, no hay absolutamente nada que discutir. pasamos de una historia limitada a tocar incluso entrar en el universo tan complejo de halo, gráficos excelentes, la historia es por mas que interesante y nos conecta emocionalmente con Master Chief y Cortana, el multijugador es para admirar supera lo imaginable con innumerables formas de juego, armas y vehiculos, cambiaron totalmente la forma de ver los juegos, las habilidades y capacidad mental, sin mencionar que tiene una de las mejores bandas sonoras que puede haber en la historia de los videojuegos, sin duda es el mejor Halo, y el regreso mas épico para Master Chief. Expand
  19. Jun 16, 2014
    A great game, which is a sign that 343 will bring us more great games in the future. When i first played the game, and saw the new loadout system, I initially assumed that this game was copying CoD (in a "bad for Halo" context), however I soon found out i was wrong. While it may be drawing some inspiration from CoD games, I can assure you that Halo 4's loadout system couldn't be moreA great game, which is a sign that 343 will bring us more great games in the future. When i first played the game, and saw the new loadout system, I initially assumed that this game was copying CoD (in a "bad for Halo" context), however I soon found out i was wrong. While it may be drawing some inspiration from CoD games, I can assure you that Halo 4's loadout system couldn't be more different from CoD's. One common complaint i've seen about Halo 4 is that the Story wasn't all that great, I, However, respectfully disagree. Sure, it may seem to be shallow, but you to remember that Halo 4 is part of a TRILOGY and thus it's story would ONLY account for 1/3 of the forerunner trilogy's story, and thus would not be very deep. The story will truly shine when combined with the other 2/3's of the forerunner trilogy's story.

As for the game-play, Halo has never been better. Halo 4 has a nice campaign and a great multiplayer that completely outclasses reach's. Not only that but i CANNOT be the only one who is GLAD 343 did NOT use that stupid credits system, which is one of the reasons Halo 4 has the best character customization in the series. Armor is no longer unlocked by purchase, but by EXP level ALONE. Not only that but the Level system is easy to get acquainted with and easy to understand. There a total of 8 Specializations, each spans only ten levels. The large variety of armor gives player almost endless possibilities.
  20. Mar 17, 2014
    With astounding graphics, immersive campaign, addicting multiplayer, and a surprisingly fun spartan ops mode, halo 4 is a fantastic entry to the halo franchise, and arguably one of the best halo games ever.
  21. Feb 16, 2014
    343 industries was tasked with producing a follow-up on the Halo trilogy, to add yet more into the universe known as the Halo Nation. They knew that what they would develop would automatically become canon, to be judged under intense scrutiny. Fans of thus franchise are among the most 'honest' fan bases out there, and there was no room for failure.

Thankfully, 'Halo 4' largely delivers

Thankfully, 'Halo 4' largely delivers on the experience fans have come to expect from this all-conquering franchise.

What grabs you first, at least in my opinion, is the graphics. Compared to Halo 3, it feels as if a light covering of smoke had been cleared, bringing everything into sharper focus. It is superior than anything Halo 3 could muster in this department, made clearly by the rendering of Cortana. It is honesty surprising that both '3' and '4' were released on the same console.

The soundtrack for this game is incredible, and there is no one here that can summon an effective argument otherwise. While the signature 'Halo' theme song will remain the best piece of all, '4''s piece takes on a variety of feelings, especially prominent when it highlights the intense danger Spartan 117 finds himself in, while also providing a suitable backdrop to Cortana's mental degradation, and the exchanges both she and her Spartan initiate in.

The story, however, takes the shine off this game, just a miniscule, insignificant amount. While anyone with a heart would flinch from Cortana's fate, after spending the entire game attempting to find Halsey and repair her, introducing the Covenant was a bit of a misstep, considering both Humanity and they had formed a truce. True, runaway factions occur in real life engagements, but the game would have benefited from the sole attention of the main Antagonist, and his plan. While focusing on the Covenant, their designs were needlessly altered, looking nothing like the creatures that had graced the previous three Halo games ( not their armor, but the aliens themselves.)
    Other than that, however, Halo 4 remains one of the best releases for the franchise, as well as the most lucrative, which only shows that 343 industries had managed to fulfill the brief, satisfying 95% of fans.
  22. Mar 10, 2014
    This was one of the best first person shooters that I have ever played, this was the first halo game I ever played and I'm glad that I got into the series. The campaign was incredible I loved the story and the multiplayer is just plain awesome even though the ps4 and xbox one came out me and my friends can play this game anytime if you haven't played this game you must play it immediately!
  23. Feb 16, 2015
    The most under-appreciated game in the franchise.....why??????

Pros: Halo 4 is without a doubt the best looking game on the Xbox 360. The lighting is beautiful, the art direction is astounding and the tone created by the graphics perfectly matches the setting, single or multiplayer. In the campaign, the cutscenes are absolutely mind blowing to watch, as the motion capture and
    The most under-appreciated game in the franchise.....why??????

Pros:
    Halo 4 is without a doubt the best looking game on the Xbox 360. The lighting is beautiful, the art direction is astounding and the tone created by the graphics perfectly matches the setting, single or multiplayer. In the campaign, the cutscenes are absolutely mind blowing to watch, as the motion capture and animations are spot on.
    The campaign is without a doubt the best in the series. There is a strong bond between Chief and Cortana that you don't see as clearly in the previous games. After playing (most of) Halo: CE and Halo 3 (Not Halo 2 as I do not have an original Xbox or Xbox One), I was slightly underwhelmed by the campaign modes as they just consisted of general gameplay and didn't expand the story. I felt like 343 industries got it right with Halo 4.
    The sound design is awesome. I complimented CE Anniversary for having excellent sound design and it is just as good here. The weapons sound killer and the soundtrack is to die for.
    Multiplayer has always been good in the Halo series, and like most things in Halo 4, the multiplayer is a huge evolution. While retaining classic game modes such as slayer, the multiplayer is expanded on with improved features. It is closer to Call of Duty rather than Halo, but it is still a lot of fun.
    There is a new mode called "Spartan Ops", which is an episodic co-operative or solo mode in which you take on 5 relatively short missions for each episodes which take place after the main campaign and while they are short, there are 10 episodes (5 + 5 as a free DLC pack).

Overall, I think this is the strongest Halo game in the series and is truly underrated by fans. A stunning masterpiece.

24. Mar 14, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. i have been playing halo since halo 2 and i LOVE it! in halo 4 the master cheif returns to destroy the didact while his A.I, Cortana is facing rampancy, a virus A.I get in about 7-8 years. i personally 343 did a great job on the campaign, as they have added features fans have wanted for years. i personnaly think that 343 didnt bring the very best out in multiplayer and the all new spartan ops. i do not believe spartan ops and multipalyer are the WORST, but i think they can get old after a while. to me spartan ops is repititve with some twists from time to time. multiplayer is fun if you find a gamemode right for you. other than that halo 4 is an amazing game. i have to give 343 credit, because this is there 1st halo game and most studios new to a franchise dont do as well as 343. halo is a difficult game to master design wise. keep up the good work 343 and thx for making are halo dreams come true! P.S in halo 4 there are no UNSC air vehicles. Expand
  25. Dec 9, 2014
    I think that after Bungie had left Halo alone to pursue bigger and worse things, DESTINY. 343 should have left Chief's story alone as it's done and created a new character to follow. What I expected them to do was screw it up but they didn't. Halo 4 is a really good game that isn't quite as good as Halo 1 but is about on the same level as 2.

Verdict: A great game that I expected not to

Verdict:
    A great game that I expected not to like but I did... a lot
  26. Jun 29, 2015
    The sigh of relief was so strong that 343 didn't butcher Halo. They did take the campaign in a more character driven story aspect though. And while this makes it feel slightly different from the old Halo feel along with the new character designs and equipment, it adds layers previously unearthed. The sounds pretty choppy without surround sound, but is more than made up for with the graphicThe sigh of relief was so strong that 343 didn't butcher Halo. They did take the campaign in a more character driven story aspect though. And while this makes it feel slightly different from the old Halo feel along with the new character designs and equipment, it adds layers previously unearthed. The sounds pretty choppy without surround sound, but is more than made up for with the graphic overhaul. And while the multiplayer has been getting plenty of hell, I find it adds demensions of skill having equipment. One of my most admired games so far. Expand
  27. Oct 17, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Well, I honestly can't say too much about the multiplayer. Not that I haven't played it, more that I don't find anything about it too different that makes it standout from the past two halo games. Multi-player doesn't feel exactly the same as say reach, but the differences are only subtle. Visually, the game is fantastic. Both in-game and cutscene wise, probably among if not the best the xbox 360 has to offer. The campaign was also very good. Some of the level designs themselves felt repetitive, but the narrative and overall story was great. My favorite Halo campaign since the original. The highlight of it had to be the relationship between Cortana and Master Chief. If there's one thing 343 Industries did right that Bungie did wrong in, was show Master Chief's persona. While still not showing much emotional depth yet as other video game characters to date, certainly made him act much more human than when Bungie was in charge (who used that BS idea of,
    "a silent protagonist allows the player to assume the role of-" blah blah, no it makes it boring and makes the story dull). Having the Chief talk during gameplay definitely made me feel more connected to the narrative than any of Bungie Halo games.
  28. Mar 18, 2015
    Halo 4 is an absolute glorious addition to the franchise. The main reason a lot of people get Halo is for the online. The multiplayer mode is excellent that has the combat more fast paced and exhilarating than previous Halo's. I just can't put my finger on it, but the game just feels a little Call of Duty-esque, just very little, but it is a true Halo game. One nice addition to multiplayerHalo 4 is an absolute glorious addition to the franchise. The main reason a lot of people get Halo is for the online. The multiplayer mode is excellent that has the combat more fast paced and exhilarating than previous Halo's. I just can't put my finger on it, but the game just feels a little Call of Duty-esque, just very little, but it is a true Halo game. One nice addition to multiplayer is the ability to make custom classes with different abilities and weapons with many possibilities. I also love that you can customize how your character looks in multiplayer, so each player will look unique. The game not only plays great, but looks and sounds fantastic. For 2012, the graphics are absolutely incredible with dynamic lighting, textures, and has a nice glossy look. The game score is composed by a different composer from previous Halo's, and the style of the music is definitely different. Past Halo's were very prominent with heavy percussion and simple orchestrations and synthesizers here and there. On the score, the music sounds a lot more in your face with lots of orchestrations and can sometimes feel a little over the top and overproduced but all in all, it's a very good score. Now to the campaign. The campaign adds new enemies, the Forerunners, which gives you a breathe of fresh air from always combating the Covenant. Each missions is awesome to play and fairly lengthy. The story really shines with the Master Chief and Cortana. I won't give to much away, but the developers really expanded with their connection and have a lot more personal dialogue between the two. Their chemistry in this game is superb and beautiful, and I've never seen any other two characters in video games or movies that has even come close to matching. You know a game is amazing when the story makes you cry, especially when it's the only game to make you do that. I won't spoil anything, but the game ending is so heartfelt and cordial that left me in tears and may leave you in tears. Halo 4 is a game that everybody should play. Expand
  29. Sep 12, 2014
    This game is really well put-together, with a great story continuing from the previous games and great multi-player to wo with as well. The only reason people would down vote this game is they have their nose up Bungie's rear. I hope that 343 Industries will continue to take Halo to new heights and all of Bungie's future endeavors will fail time and time again. But enough of that, thisThis game is really well put-together, with a great story continuing from the previous games and great multi-player to wo with as well. The only reason people would down vote this game is they have their nose up Bungie's rear. I hope that 343 Industries will continue to take Halo to new heights and all of Bungie's future endeavors will fail time and time again. But enough of that, this is a great game for new players and old veterans of the Halo series like myself. Expand
  30. Nov 8, 2014
    The multiplayer is fine and that is all i could ask for but the campaign is breath taking the best game i have ever played. The emotion of the game is outstanding. how anyone could dislike this game even in the slightest is unfathomable.

1. Dec 17, 2012