6.9

1. Jun 19, 2013
    Halo has always been one of my favorite series. I played Halo 2 when I was 4 years old, and as a 14-year old I'm completely emerged into the lore and action of the games, books, and soon to be show. Halo 3 was my all time favorite as I would spend whole days just enjoying custom games or multiplayer. Then Halo: Reach came along. While not as good as its predecessor, it provided a compelling forge experience and brought along my favorite Halo game mode, Invasion. Then came Halo 4. Halo 4 provides a decent game experience, but does not rock the charts like 3 and Reach.

The campaign was weak, definetly the weakest part of the game. It lacked level design, a soundtrack, and story at that. I would give the campaign a solid 4.

Multiplayer was decent. The maps were OK. The weapons and ordnance ideas were actually pretty cool, but the lack of playlists is saddening. Overall, I ended up going back to Reach after a while (it had more players, what about that?) Multiplayer 6.

The graphics were outstanding and made a beautiful, rich, and enhanced game. 10

Lastly, Spartan Ops took up most of my time. I frankly enjoyed these small levels way more than the campaign. They were fun and had the whole "just kill things" mist with a side of objective. However, the lack of maps made for repetitive gameplay. Misc. 8

OVERALL (not based on averages), Halo 4 is good with a 6, but 3 or Reach is better.
  2. Jun 11, 2013
    lets be honest with each other franchises at the moment are really milking it. This is one of them there is nothing in this game that stood out as a major innovation. Its just Halo that's it, remember when you played halo 3 well don't get halo 4 because you already played it I love halo i was a great franchise and it had a few spin offs that i also enjoyed. But there's nothing here i haven't seen before in other Halo games. What happened in the campaign besides cortarna getting p**sed off at people and i know people will say well bungie didn't make it no and that's probably why it wasn't anywhere near as good as past Halo games. Technically there's nothing wrong with the game. you get the odd glitch here and there but nothing new to the Halo series. The only draw here is multiplayer but it not even changed enough from the last game to make it OK to spend £40 on it. All i see with this game is a way for franchises that developers know people will buy becoming a way to make a quick buck. Expand
  3. Jun 21, 2013
    I can tell that most people who gave it a low score either haven't played or are PS3 fanboys. Halo 4 is a great game, probably my second favorite Halo. The story is really good this time around, as it is ending. Combat: Brilliant. Challenge: Sorta. Story: Amazing. Visuals: The best looking exclusive yet for any console yet. Multiplayer: Refined and polished down to every pixel. 9/10 for the challenge factor. Expand
  4. Jun 18, 2013
    Halo 4 is living proof that the Halo series made so famous by Bungie is in good hands with 343. 343 also went on to prove that it's possible to change a game series for the better as opposed to Call of Duty and the Ezio story of Assassin's Creed.

5. Aug 20, 2013
    when I first started to play halo 4 I was not so happy it looked bad back in 2011. When it came out it looked fantastic I played it and had lots of fun. There is one thing that the critics need to be focusing on is the lack of ranking and custom game options that seemed to be a major thing that came into the game.
  6. Jun 24, 2013
    I really like this game, because of the campaign and the great multiplayer, also have a really good soundtrack and the best xbox 360 graphics of the year. i dont understand why too many people dislike this game
  7. Jun 30, 2013
    Amazing game. In my opinion the best campaign since the original. Not much else to say other than if you're a FPS fan and own a 360 GET THIS GAME. It has a great compelling story, awesome skill based gameplay and what I can only describe as the best graphics of any console game I've seen yet..
  8. Jul 10, 2013
    Absolutely amazing. Fresh and Crisp! The graphics blew my mind, they were as good as Rage. Combat was tight and satisfying. Multiplayer was perfected as it never had been before. My only complaint would be the story, some spots the story progression was a little unclear. Other than that I immensely enjoyed it. Plus with the story continuation with the Spartan Ops it makes for a game you keep picking up! Expand
  9. Jul 9, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I love the multiplayer, but i want more game modes to the multiplayer and custom game. The campaign is okay but it would be better if it were 1 more difficulty, like super-legendary so it could be harder to play the campaign, but all the other halos only have those other like halo 4 too. The maps is awesome, and the weapons are awesome... It's a nine from me! Awesome Game Expand
  10. Jul 9, 2013
    I played halo since halo 2 and so yes, i was greatly looking forward to a new halo game. Campaign had fun gameplay but boring and almost cheesy/corny storytelling. Like some 7 year old was making it up. The graphics were amazing. The multiplayer didnt come close to previous halo's skill and past time. It was like they added perks and ordnance drops to make it noob friendly for cod players. Forge had no maps worthy of playing on. Overall, this game did not at any way shape or form, live up to its predecessors. This was not halo, but a cheap mix of cod and halo. I am sure hardcore halo fans like myself will agree to my thoughts. Expand
  11. May 30, 2014
    I am so angry about what 343 did to Halo, i was never a big Halo fan but i did find Halo 3 fun and Reach, but this just says "F**k you guys, were going to ruin your precious franchise", the game has the worst campaign i have ever played, a terrible online with only 1 minute of fun.

Overall = 1.8/10, The game which should be known as E.T of 2012
    Winner of Multiple Awards for me:
    Worst
    Game of 2012
    Worst Xbox 360 Shooter of 2012
    Most Disappointing Game of 2012
    Worst Campaign of 2012
  12. Jul 15, 2013
    Good game, but the campaign was way to short. Its 5 hours! It would be okay if the multiplayer had a little more longevity. I really do miss bungie. Halo doesn't feel the same.
  13. Jul 23, 2013
    Graphics and audio are outstanding as is to be expected from a Halo game. It definitely felt like 343 tried to get back to the Bungie Halo 3 gameplay, but it wasn't quite there yet. Nevertheless, the campaign definitely tried to get away from Master Chief being a silent, almost robotic soldier and tried to give him more of a personality. This was a bit awkward at some points especially as Cortana goes crazy, but at other points, it was a welcome change. The end of the campaign was not totally satisfying much like it was in Halo 2 where you felt like you resolved something, but at the same time, there is a lot more to the story. Aside from the story, the introduction of the Prometheans as well as their new weapons and strategy adds a welcome relief from fighting the Covenant (and it was never really explained why we were fighting the covenant again you had to research it if you didn't follow the non-game story).

The multiplayer is a lot like previous Halo games. The difference is in the Co-Op multiplayer which replaced firefight with Spartan ops. Spartan Ops are basically co-op mini-missions that are released 5 at a time. These take the essence of firefight (killing lots of enemies with friends) and giving it it's own story that takes place 6 months after the campaign, and different objectives and settings. Also, Forge mode was improved with things like magnets to help objects line up, but initial launch had no forge world map (one was released at a later date).

Graphics: 10
    Audio: 10
    Story/Campaign: 8.5
    Multiplayer: 9
    Gameplay/UI/HUD: 9
  14. Aug 16, 2013
    Best graphics I have ever seen in a game, fun and thrilling campaign, and the new aspects of multiplayer add a lot of new mechanics and ways to play it.
  15. Aug 28, 2013
    I feel a score of 3/10 is quite generous for this game. As a veteran of the franchise, with Combat Evolved being my introduction, I was extremely disappointed with the mulitplayer of Halo 4. Gone was the core features of Halo gameplay that we all knew and loved: everyone starting equal, battles for the power ups and power weapons, etc. Throwing in sprint to use at anytime, armor abilities, personal ordnance, perks--all that really was off-putting. Add in the fact that there's no ranking system whatsoever (even Reach had Arena) and awful game mechanics leaves you a trash game. All of my friends have quit playing the Halo, so shame on you 343i. You ruined it all. Expand
  16. Sep 8, 2013
    Game was awesome, i was extremely suprised on how well it turned out, despite it not being made by bungie. these people knew what they were doing. Story-line is a sequel to halo 3 but it doesnt really expand off of that, it focuses on more personal traits between chief and cortana after all they have been through in the war against the covenant, flood, brutes, and etc... the forerunner npcs ya fight against are not as dull in character as brutes were but provide a good challenge. There isnt much change to the multiplayer feel to it but very slightly. why fix something if it's not broken? and that would have been a make it or break it factor despite everything else if 343 industries changed multiplayer way around. I cant wait til the next halo Expand
  17. Sep 11, 2013
    The campaign was pretty disappointing, but the multiplayer somewhat makes up for it, although it is the worst of the series. But the problem with the entire game is that they messed with the existing formula too much. Basically, the game feels more like a clone than something distinct.
  18. Sep 18, 2013
    This game is simply amazing. Beautiful graphics, spectacular campaign, amazing soundtrack, great multiplayer... Only few negative details, which are probably fixed in Halo Xbox One. I can't understand how all these "real" Halo fans rage here for this being so different. What did you expect? Halo 3 part II? This series has been around for over ten years, so I think everyone should accept the fact that it can't always stay the same. Personally I love this new a bit darker theme. I would rate this 9,5. Expand
  19. Oct 26, 2013
    This game is great, it has the right amount of change that makes the game outstanding! This is the best halo game, and easily has the best multiplayer mode of all time!
  20. Oct 9, 2013
    It's hard to follow up on a success like Halo 3, but Halo 4 has an awesome campaign and the best looking graphics I've ever seen. Halo 4 multiplayer is kind of a downgrade with the elimination of duel-wielding and boring maps, but if you play Halo for the campaign, get Halo 4!!!
  21. Oct 14, 2013
    Halo 4 is an extremley amazing game that adds many new features,enemies,guns and multiplayer modes. The campaign is a great expirience and it tells a great story through very well done cutscenes. The graphics in Halo 4 are also very stunning. This a must buy for FPS fans.
  22. Nov 5, 2013
    For fans of the Halo universe, this is an excellent continuation of Halo's epic story. The graphics are top of the line for 2012. The mechanics are extremely refined and well optimized for combat. Multiplayer offers a variety of game types and maps along with a multitude of weapons. Every weapon has its strengths and weaknesses that can be used for many creative strategies. This game pushes you to be creative in combat and try new ideas. Have fun. I know I did. Expand
  23. Nov 11, 2013
    this game rocks a amazing feeling when you play al the fun mods brouht in a playlist Graphics: 10/10 Absolutely gorgeous. Cut scenes are better than Wars. Story: 9.5 Greg Bear definitely had a large part in this. Gameplay: 9.5 Slightly repetitive but it kept me interested throughout. Multiplayer: 9.5 Very, very fun, much better than Reach. Dialogue: 10 Brilliant Writing.
    Soundtrack: 9.5
    Average is above 9.5, so it rounds up to 10.
  24. Nov 13, 2013
    Too Long Didn't Read- do yourself a favor and do not buy this game.
    Halo 4 is hands down one of the most disappointing games ever made. While I cannot explain the number of positive reviews on this website, I beseech you not to buy this game, you will regret it if you do(if you enjoyed Halo 2 and 3).
    Here is a list of the things that are wrong with Halo 4.
    1.The music. This is one of
    the most noticeable changes because Halo 3's music was so good. I would describe it as extremely bland.
    2. The level design.  Levels are simply put, boring.  The enemies aren't placed in places that make it fun to clear them out, the levels are monotonous with the same areas repeating themselves, the vehicle levels aren't fun-a cardinal sin in the Halo universe
    3.  The AI- the only thing the AI does is strafe. Enemies don't come looking for you, they don't really run and hide (unless the hiding space is reached by strafing)
    4.  The story- Halo 4's story is basically incomprehensible
    5. The multiplayer- weapons aren't placed in the maps- you have to wait for random weapon drops to get weapons like sniper rifles or rocket launchers.  The result of this is a map that has no reason to fight over its territory- in Halo 3 you fought over the bits of map that had these weapons placed in them, making battles highly competitive.  The game also doesn't differentiate different levels of skill whereas in Halo 3 if you were up against a skilled player he would take you down pretty fast.
    6.  The vehicles- in multiplayer the vehicles are very easily destroyed or frozen with a plasma pistol making them pretty much pointless for many players.
    7.  Random insertion of QuickTime events- while this is a small issue, the fact these were included in a Halo game shows the creators didn't understand Halo

I hope I've convinced you not to waste your money in this game. Let's hope Destiny is the spiritual sequel to the Halo franchise because Halo 4 essential killed the franchise,
  25. Nov 14, 2013
    Graphics: Graphics are updated compared to Reach but they are still not on par with other best looking console titles. 9.
    Sound: Nice Halo soundtrack, voice acting was good, no complains. 10.
    Gameplay: It feels more accessible, the controls seem to have changed similar to Cod. Although it’s still the Halo flavor, and the online is still competitive and better than other FPS
    shooters. The game adds newer promethean weapons which I had a blast with; it’s a really polished Halo title, and probably the best yet. Biggest disappointment, no boss battles! Also, the gameplay is mainly fun in co-op, solo would need more of a mix up. 8.5.
    Story: The story is much more interesting than any of the previous Halo’s but that’s not saying much. Master Chief is back, new planet, new species, new main boss enemy, but disappointing ending. 8.0.
    Lasting Appeal: The game is worth the purchase, campaign, Spartan ops, and a competitive multiplayer much better than Call of Duty Black Ops 2. 10.
    Overall Score: 9.1 out of 10.
  26. Nov 19, 2013
    Adorei esse jogo. Perfeito na minha opinião. Graficos muito bons e história aprofundada. Nunca imaginei que Halo cresceria tanto. Um jogo indispensável para os amanter da serie e do console Xbox
  27. Nov 18, 2013
    Best looking game of the 7th generation, and a great installment in the Halo saga. 343 Industries really outdid themselves. The story is great! The emotional connection between Chief and Cortana is strong as ever. The enemy is real, and dangerous, and adds to the universe of Halo bunches. If you area a true Halo fan(yes, played all of them, including Wars), or a fan of FPS, you'll love it.
  28. Nov 21, 2013
    when I first got this game home, I was breathless on its graphics and story, halo 4 is a step up from reach, up to the end of 2013 I still play halo 4 multiplayer this game is meant to last you years, the only problem is I wished it was a longer game, but over all its perfect in my opinion.
  29. Dec 9, 2013
    I had the biggest hopes in the world preordering it the day i was able getting it at the launch being a halo fan since halo 1. And having my whole life as a gamer being crushed by what 343 did to my game. They promised huge forge maps and a good campaign. And they didnt. The story sucked. The only improvements they made were the forge controlls and vehicles. Exept for flyers they only had a banshee. And they tried to turn the multiplayer game into a cod experience instead of the halo i was used to with big maps, being sniped, kicking ass with the dmr. Into close quarter shotgun asualt rifle game. Hope your happy 343 ruined my gaming life. Expand
  30. Jun 30, 2014
    Halo 4 is a game that Halo fans, like myself, have waited years to play. The campaign's story is compelling as it initiates a new era for the Master Chief. The multiplayer is great also, but some may not like a lot of the changes. All and all, this is a true Halo experience.

1. Dec 17, 2012